Speaker 1: Hello, my name is Jason, It's ups and I'm Rosie Night and welcome back to.
Speaker 2: X revision of the podcast, where we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, comics, and pop culture. Coming from My Heart podcast will bring you three episodes a week plus news.
Speaker 1: In today's episode, we are looking at Spring TV. Can you believe it's already Spring? Guys, I don't know, the time is weird? And we're going to be talking about returning series, giving you a complete guide to that good old Spring is Sprung TV.
Speaker 3: Some series like Invincible, they're everyborn again. Ever heard of them? Guess what?
Speaker 1: They're both coming back a lot sooner than you might think. We're also going to talk about some series that are ending for good or at least in these forms with Euphoria and the Boys, and we'll be teasing some new series that we couldn't wait for, like Spider Noir and Star Wars.
Speaker 2: More Star Wars Ball. First up, let's get right into it. One Piece season two out now on Netflix.
Speaker 3: It's back, I Am Sorry.
Speaker 2: Season two, subtitled Into the Grand Line, is out now with some new casts including Uh, Everybody's Hot, Werewolf, Joe Mangiello, I really aging. I can Imaginelloello man Johnniello.
Speaker 1: I like the way that there's like that's to most young people now he's like the host of like I think deal or No Deal, but also like he's still that sexy well wolf Housie.
Speaker 3: I also he's also very good in Magic my exx out. I mean, the costing for this is a melchion.
Speaker 2: Katie sigal And and no, no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really fun. I love this season.
Speaker 1: We also have Tony Tony Chopper kind of perfectly inserted into the season here, which was the big question. Would they be able to bring to life the cutest character from the one piece crew.
Speaker 3: They definitely have.
Speaker 1: The first season, I was a huge fan of everybody knows that. I kind of think it's the first great American anime adaptation to live action.
Speaker 3: But the second reason, the only one that works. This one is better.
Speaker 1: This one is better, Jason, if you can believe it, the effect of better the casting is incredible. We've got so many new characters, so many new powers. There are also some really interesting changes from the anime when it comes to the order of reveals. Some stuff that gets longed out a lot more because of the nature of the anime having a thousand episodes it have been revealed in season two, but actually it works really well. We also get more incredible loofy action. Lufy was previously kind of seen as like one of anime's greatest hymbos, but this show has really kind of expanded him out as more of a thoughtful dreamer and somebody who just loves to after their dreams and hope and found family and all that stuff. So the reviews are crazy, the show is incredible, and yeah, it's just a really really really good show.
Speaker 3: Watch watch it up.
Speaker 2: And again, the live action anime curse is real except for One Piece, right, And also, can I just say you cowboy Bebop for the Lesbie all failed to catch on.
Speaker 3: It's true, but this one works. And also not just that, guys.
Speaker 1: I wrote an article when the first season came out at IgM with my incredible editor Ami the Emboweing wh used to be there, about how the show had already solved Marvel's biggest problem, which is Lufy's powers are very similar to Read Richard's and in season one of One Piece, they did this great gag with kind of how much pressure and power and speed and it made it feel so much better, and I was like, just copy this for Fantastic four, and they did it, And so One Piece now officially has Fantastic four read stretching powers than the official MCU Fantastic four. So for our audience, go watch it for that. But yeah, I just I thought this was so good. I know it's only short seasons, it's the Netflix model, but I do think they managed to get this made pretty quickly for.
Speaker 3: The qualities of the show.
Speaker 2: Next up Invincible season four. The world is recovering from global catastrophe, including the marketting his ass beat all over the world. This series, creator creator of the of the comic Robert Kirkman, is going to be the season that adapts the Viltromite War artat which is, you know, the biggest the biggest conflict in the comics version of this story. It's this is a show that came out absolutely gangbusters, then kind of it'd be interesting to try and pinpoint why exactly it kind of wobbled, but now is looking to get back pace with a lot of action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really interested to see if they can land this season. There's been a lot of issues with the release schedule that caused problems. There's issues with the way the show was rolled out, but this is getting some of the craziest stuff if they can keep that animation level high. We're also going to get new villains, like a fan favor villain, Dinosaurus of course love that name.
Speaker 3: Also unbelievable cast.
Speaker 1: Matthew Reiths is playing Dinosaurus and Thrag is being played by Lee Pace, which I somehow had missed. I literally did when I was in Japan recently. I went to a movie theater, which I always do every time I go to a different country. I end up going to this one called Yubisu Garden Theare and it was showing The Fall, very underrated movie that we talk about a lot bitearsm starring Lee.
Speaker 3: Pace, and that man is a star.
Speaker 1: Just put him in everything like that movie's like twenty years old, and I was still just like, what a star. So yeah, I'm I'm very interested to see how dark they go with this, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're gonna need to Balanark in the comics marks kind of charming.
Speaker 1: Wholesome boy next door us with a bit more of this brutality.
Speaker 3: I think we need a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of hope right now. I'm hoping that they go a little bit more balanced. I like what they've done by expanding his mom's role, by expanding his connection to his mom. I'm just hoping that we get a little bit more of that duality, that kind of heart and comedy that a Seth Rogan project can bring.
Speaker 3: Because it is gonna.
Speaker 2: Be very brutal, I'm gonna put it out there that we're not gonna get that. Kirkman is on Reppers saying that this is the point in the story. The Vulturemite War is the point of the story where Mark's coming of age story ends. He stops the process of growing up from this naive ashucks boy and becomes a different kind of guy. In the comics, the war resolves with like a pretty ruthless compromise. I would say from that, Mark grise too. So uh, no spoilers, but just I don't I think if this is the season where you're hoping to get some of that, like nice boy Mark back, I don't know it's gonna happen. What do you think, because I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think you're bright. I think you're bright.
Speaker 1: I just I just feel like right now we're living in a time where I know. I just I just really when I know something bleak is coming, I'm like, I don't really want to watch it, like I and I do. I really hope Vinci will comes back, Like how crazy.
Speaker 3: Was that first season? We were also hyped on it.
Speaker 1: But that's why I'm kind of so looking forward to not Spring TV, so we'll not be getting into it more right now, but we'll be talking about it obviously a lot later. I'm just really excited for into the Vampire season three because like it's gonna be such petty mess and there's gonna be musical, and there's gonna be you know, defamation claims, and there's gonna be like gossip magazines. Like that's what I need. I don't know if I need to see like an entire planet get wiped out. I'm kind of yeah, I'm over that pot. But you know what, I'm sure the animation will be incredible and Steve will be killing it on those voice acting mark and the saddest moments of his life.
Speaker 3: So we love SAP boy, Steve and Ywedz. It's okay.
Speaker 2: Next up, debuting March twenty fourth, Dared Devil Born Again Season two. Here's the official synopsis. Mayor Wilson fist crushes New York City underfoot as he hunts down public again, I mean number one, the Hell's Kitchen vigilandi known as Daredevil, but beneath the horned mask, Matt Murdock, We'll try to fight back from the shadows, to tear down the Kingpins, corrupt empire, and redeem his robe, Resist, rebel, rebuild, and of course, this season will feature the triumphant return of one Jessica Jones to the streets of.
Speaker 3: See Crazy times. Guys.
Speaker 1: I never thought that they would bring Jessica Jones into the MCU, because then they have to make it canon how much fucking happens in the MCU, because that show and the comic as we will get into. You know, Jessica Jon's special that we will be doing is so full of sex, so full of like explicit, hardcore powder pound fucking. It makes me laugh so much that they're bringing her in. We love her, Kristen Ritt as an icon. The writing in that show is surprisingly holds up on the most part, and yeah, there are some choices I don't love, but I'm very excited to see her back. I'm very sad though that she will not be on screen with John burn Thora's Punisher, because I think that is the ultimate team up.
Speaker 3: I want to see that those two together would be so great.
Speaker 2: Question is Jessica Matt's love interest in this show, and does that mean that Matt will soon be casting aside his love interest doctor Heather Glenn.
Speaker 1: I think that it's gonna be a little love quadruple because I do think Eva Glenn obviously still involved, though that's going to be compromised by her connection to Kingpin and obviously her connection is.
Speaker 2: She's a pre employee.
Speaker 1: And I also think that they were hinting towards some kind of Karen reconnection obviously end of that season. I also do think though Jessica represents kind of the women that Matt usually actually really falls for, which are these women who are like very troubled, very violent, think about your electras, even your she hulks, you know, even these are the women that he usually finds a lot of kinship with.
Speaker 3: So it'll be interesting to see.
Speaker 1: And also if you remember, like when I was rewatching Jessica Jones recently, I was thinking a lot about how pretty much all of the outside MCU world building at that point was done.
Speaker 3: In these shows.
Speaker 1: So there is this deep connection between Matt and Chris and Jessica and this kind of notion of like the outsider superheroes, the superheroes who live on the edge. So I think this could be a really good place bringing her back to start rebuilding that, especially because the first season of her show has a lot of ante Superherwer sentiment in it. So I wonder if they're gonna yeah that's that.
Speaker 2: That's something that really stuck out to me on rewatch this weekend is there's a lot of pegs there that they can hang future plots regarding, uh, you know, regarding the imprisonment of superpowered people, regarding the kind of general sentiment on the street about people with powers, regard you know, there's like a human supremacist plot line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of stuff that they can use to kind of pivot to mutants or whatever the kind of de facto current state of affairs is in the MCU post doomsday. I wonder if Listen has been lurking around, Jessica Jones is here, We're gonna at Lucah. Are you getting get aren't.
Speaker 1: The big questions because I do think pretty likely to get I wish Punisher would be that rip to my guy right now. He's not dead, but he's just dead in this project. He couldn't do the screening, he couldn't film for this because he's filming the Punisher special, which we assume will come out after Spider Man Brand New Day.
Speaker 3: So what do we think is gonna happen?
Speaker 1: I think that the likelihood of Luke Cage is very high.
Speaker 3: Oh, b I think that's very high. The chemistry between.
Speaker 1: Mike and Kristin in that first season is so well done, and they have such such good banter, so well written. Obviously, there is a lot of tragedy between those two characters, but I do I think that in the MCU there is a version where guys, if you didn't know this, and we will get into this more in our Jessica Jones episode. But Jessica and Luke's relationship is a long term relationship. They have kids, they have connections to a lot more fun, youthful kind of stories. So I think a Luke Cage appearance in either this season of Dead of a Born Again or whatever we may get later feels likely. Nas I don't know if he's getting another chance, Like, I think, if anything, it will be like Danny Rand's mayor he sucks after Kingpin or something, and it'll be kind of like I don't think he's getting it.
Speaker 3: But do I want Colleen Wing to come back?
Speaker 1: Thank you Aaron, Yes, Jessica Henwick exactly, We're on the same page. I think she should be iron fisted. Also, we never got the true Daughters of the Dragon team up with her a misty night. I think what we've seen from the MCU is they're kind of taking a Dave Feloney approach where they just take what they like from the past and leave other stuff behind. So I'm very interested. Jason, what are your odds? How long does Heather Glenn stay either alive or Matt Maddock's girlfriend in this season? Like?
Speaker 3: Is she getting ice straight away? No?
Speaker 2: I don't. I feel like they will break up. Yes, I mean it can't. They can't go on like this. There's just too many things here in the park. They will break up and Heather will become this is my she will live and become one of Derda those most implacable enemies. Oh.
Speaker 3: I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: That's I think that's really good, Like all the wanted posters all around, and she's out there next to Wilson, like, yeah, he's a danger about dream Like how mentally.
Speaker 2: Are so bad?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I love that. I think you're definitely right. I think that's how this few do.
Speaker 2: Let's go to concluding series. Now, these are the final seasons of some long running and beloved shows, starting with historical time travel multiverse drama romance drama Outlander coming to an end after eight seasons. Why the Revolutionary War ives at the door of the Jamie and Claire International intrigue happens, there will be devastating personal costs, and what happens next, well, don't worry, there's a spinoff if you really need it.
Speaker 1: They'll be having sex with the versions of the ancestors.
Speaker 2: Yes, but this is a show that lovers of historical fantasy and like the the intersection of romance historical fiction kind of like soft fantasy and mild sci fi have been absolutely eating up. The adaptation of Diana Galbadon's best selling series.
Speaker 3: By Ronald D.
Speaker 1: Moot. You know, so, I will say this is one of my highest.
Speaker 2: Exists in the in the in the in the.
Speaker 3: Why did I just like universe?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why what if it exists in the forming kind of like of it?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, stuff, I would die. That would be so good. This is one of the craziest shows ever.
Speaker 1: If you've never watched it, I will say is a high sexual assault rate show in the first three seasons because it was very much in that Game of Thrones time. But I will say, guys, this is my highest success rate. For people who watch Game of Thrones and say to me, oh, what should I watch next, A lot of them actually stick with Outlander Now. It is a got more of a romance trapping, but when it comes to kind of like actual directly inspired by historical events, like you can read books about them, you.
Speaker 3: Can dig into them. Obviously.
Speaker 1: Rundy Moore is like a crazy storytelling world building guy. This show has been on yeah, like start Star Trekking, Like, there's there's stuff that in this show that has been going on longer than I have been doing my journalism career. I met people who were already seasoned Outlander reporters on like my first set visit, so it's kind of crazy this is coming to an end.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they're.
Speaker 1: Going the they're going the supernatural route, though I'm assuming they will hope it will be more successful than that's been off where I believe this is about the parents of these characters.
Speaker 2: Now, word is on the streets that roaldy Moore has had the production film multiple finales in order to protect the show from leaks.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: That's old schools type, very old school. I love that last shit.
Speaker 1: I love him on a game of phone show him and George massa beef, because otherwise I don't know how that hasn't happened yet. Like the two of them have such incredible scale and scope and this balance between character and these epic stories. I would love to see that, but I don't know what it would be. Maybe like a completely just only dragons. It would have to be something really out there.
Speaker 3: I feel like Ron likes a he likes a concept.
Speaker 2: Next up, Oh, debuting April eighth. It is the final and fifth season of The Boys. Homelands is in control of the us MM and FRENCHI are in Freedom Camps, any Starlight building the Resistance. Camiko's missing butcher has a super killing supervirus and is willing to use it. And your favorites from Gen V have been confirmed to be joining the cast as the resistance to Homelander starts to congeal. Has it gone on a little too long?
Speaker 3: Mayby?
Speaker 2: It has with the Homelander thing, But I'm glad to see it finally coming to fruition.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean final.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jason, who are your top bets for the person who's gonna kill Home?
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be. I think it's going to take all of them. I agree, by all of them, I mean I mean Soldier Boy, I mean are our gen V cast, Yeah, I mean everybody.
Speaker 1: I think even Yes, Son, I think so too.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be a collaborative effort.
Speaker 2: Uh will be this will this is gonna be interesting. Now, I wonder where does he die? Mm hmm if he does die, which you gotta kill him at this point, but is it, like, is it the penultimate episode? Is it the finale? Do you do it? That's to me the only surprise I can really hate you exactly where does it happen?
Speaker 1: If they do something really brave like killing him in the first episode, I will be like super into it, Like I just want you to know, Eric Kripkey, I will be.
Speaker 3: Behind that decision.
Speaker 1: I would love some kind of like Rasherman esque, like you kill him at the beginning, and then you go back and you show how it happened, like a why done it? And I think that could be interesting, But realistically, I think you're gonna be penultimate or finale.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: Obviously Marie is going to play a part, but I think that Marie around. We know GENV has not been picked up for season three yet, but as everyone knows, I love that show. I have to say, from what we've seen of the trailers for season five of The Boys, the final season of The Boys, I it is looking way more interesting to me than it has for a couple of seasons. So I'm kind of hoping that the energy is going to be back and we can get a little bit of motion. That means that people are gonna want to see more of these characters. But I really think the most interesting thing is this show kind of fits into the conversation we were having a lot last year about text and subtext and how do you make a show that used to be prescient but now it's like you're doing stuff that's ahead of the game, but you still kind of feel behind. It's gonna be really interesting to see what they can do with the Homelander thing. He was always meant to be this kind of Trump analogy, but we're living in these crazier times now. They're doing camps in the show, Like, are they gonna be able to pull it off?
Speaker 3: What's gonna be going on in you know, a month when this show comes out. We don't know, We don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm interested who survives.
Speaker 1: I think pretty much all of the boys are probably gonna die.
Speaker 3: I would love Kamiko to survive.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think you get one of.
Speaker 3: Exactly. I'm hoping it's Kamiko.
Speaker 1: I think also there's a world where mother's milk survibes, where he ends up getting to be happy and have like a civilian life, just raises kids.
Speaker 3: Finally, I think that would be great.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I think we probably get like Marie and then I love all of the gen v kids, But I think realistically, if they're going to save one, it's going to be Marie because she's very OPI. But also I think we could see something where Marie and Cipher survive the evil Headmaster and then it's like you get the new villain and the new hero or you know, they keep most of the gen V kids alive. But it's very easy to basically turn Marie into the world's most hated character after she kills gen V and after she kills Homeland, and then Bor goes, wait, no, we didn't want you to do this. You're a bad person, blah blah blah. I think that could be really interesting.
Speaker 2: I like that. I think Marie lives. I think Hue and Annie are You're happy ending. I think either Frenchy or comikode. And I think the joke at the end is that the Deep lives, the Deep walks away.
Speaker 1: That's really yes, I was gonna say, I do think that is a good one. I was gonna say, he's just so awful that you and he's going to be like on every news show for the rest of his life. Talking about okay, Joelle, a super producer, obviously made a really good point where she was like, in the way that comics are right now, we have Batman like just kicking Nazi like kicking you know, Nazi's asses. We have like the absolute Universe, which is kind of this very dark, what if the nightmarish kind of despair of dark Side was at the heart of DC instead of the beloved life of Superman. We know that, you know, Marvel just ended old obviously going to kick something else off. How does the something like The Boys like stay relevant.
Speaker 3: Even with a GMB like?
Speaker 1: What comics are so different now that the things that satirizing are done? So what does the next thing like The Boys? Not even the Boys? What does the next superhero satire look like?
Speaker 2: I don't know because I think the truth is that it's season one and two of The Boys is kind of the perfect superhero satire and where they kind of messed up is you know, it's a trap, right because you're you're criticizing superhero tropes and you're satirizing and parodying superhero characters. But when your show becomes successful, then you are actually becoming a show about the problem.
Speaker 1: Right, So you satirize horror, but then you become the staple of horror.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: What do you do? And I think, you know, if another cutting critique of the kind of superhero genre comes around, I'm hoping that it has the the kind of like ruthlessness to do what The Boys didn't do, which is follow it through to its conclusion and have people die and leave and don't get addicted to characters for whatever, you know, reason, Like, it's got to feel like it's got to be more of a kind of like Game of Thrones approach, you know, season one through five Game of Thrones, where you're like, I don't know who could die, anybody could die at anytime, Whereas it felt like The Boys was that for a while, and then it just turned out that actually, no, h the one character that this whole thing is about has the most protective plot armor around them literally, So I'm just hoping that, you know, if it if they somebody catches lightning in a bottle again, they managed to avoid that trap where you then become the show about the thing that you were making fun of. Up next, Euphoria Season three. Euphoria Season three, Dave April. The season log line is the virtue of faith, the possibility of redemption, and the problem of evil. Zimmer is the compost well, the Hans Zimmer collective. How much mister Zimmer himself was Yes, joins as the composer of note this season, and well, it's been a long time. I think we're all wondering, like how this could possibly end. This is a show that even if you hated it, and I kind of hated it for most of it, it still kind of had to watch, even though you were watching like through your hands. I can't wait to see how this goes. There's been a lot of changes, including several notable cast members passing away, including Eric Dane from Als. Although he apparently.
Speaker 1: Did shoot his see they apparently did manage to get his scenes in there. I see Angus Cloud, obviously Angus Cloud who died tragically by suicide.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see how this goes. Everybody is completely different type of public persona. Now Sidney Sweeney has gone from a like an ascendant star to a star to like a right wing icon. It is a lot of changes. I can't imagine where this will go. And then you know, showrunner Levinson has had a lot of criticism about himself. He's had a notable bomb the show happened, that was the TikTok behind the scenes stories about that production were more entertaining than the show itself. Yeah, there's a lot hanging on this one. Where's it gonna I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think you're right, it's a really unique situation.
Speaker 1: Also, I think it's one of our biggest contemporary foll offs since kind of the because when that first season came out, whether you liked it you didn't like it, whether you knew about it, whether you knew it was a sequel, I mean, a remake, whether you knew whatever you did.
Speaker 3: Or didn't know, you knew it was a hit, right you knew.
Speaker 1: Everyone was talking it. It was being compared to shows like Skins. It was being compared to.
Speaker 3: These like huge how dare they?
Speaker 1: Honestly, but it was compared to these huge cultural moments.
Speaker 3: It was you know, risque.
Speaker 1: It was using all the things that HBO knew it could do, like nudity, and.
Speaker 3: It started a conversation.
Speaker 1: And I was somebody who struggled to watch the show due to having you know, nobody's life is actually like euphoria. But I partied a lot when I was a kid, and I had terrible time at school, so.
Speaker 3: It wasn't fun for me. But I loved reading everybody's takes.
Speaker 1: I loved reading all the recaps, and obviously I would watch long and read people as they as I was watching, And it is kind of crazy to me how this went from probably the most anticipated show of HBO's roster when season two ended, because of the ending and having this, you know, that beautiful story between Angus Cloud and more Abbatoo that was really starting to you know, work and happen, and they really seem to have gotten something. Obviously, we got Zendaya, youngest Emmy winner of all time, the legend, the Powerhouse. Now she's a wife. She's grown up enough to be married now, guys, and so I am interested to see. I think at this point Rolex commercial, the aus commercial, like casual, so like. I think this is a contractual obligation for many, And that's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: I think if they weren't listen, obviously you need in the entertained business, the lifeblood of it is contract.
Speaker 3: But if there were no if.
Speaker 2: They were not contractually obliged to return, I have the sinking feeling that very few of them between.
Speaker 1: Is probably the only one who's signing up like a choice, because look at this, Jacob and Lordie are talking.
Speaker 3: We love him.
Speaker 1: He's so thoughtful, he's brilliant. He did Frankenstein, he was nominated. He's managed to leave.
Speaker 3: This Nate Jacobs behind him.
Speaker 1: Nate Jacob's notoriously like the most toxic boyfriend on TV, and it is like he has done such a good job, almost a Robert Pattinson level job of breaking out, choosing different roles, being a different kind of guy, and I feel sad for him that he has to come back. I guess him and Cassie are going to be engaged. Now Jules is in art school. We're going to have Maddie the Legend, the Queen working at a Hollywood talent agency. Okay, Sam Levinson, we get it. You're on NEPO, baby, these people, these are not jobs people.
Speaker 3: Get out of high school.
Speaker 1: Next, he's working as an assistant to a showrunner, as if played by well probably realistic to mord Abuto, but by Sharon Stone, which I love the idea of. But yeah, some great last minute goss guys. Apparently Sidney Sweeney and Zendaya on not talking, and Sidney Sweeney was notably absent from a photo shoot featuring the rest of the female leads. So if you love women, I guess get that copy, not if you love Sidney Sweeney.
Speaker 3: But yeah, sounds like drama. I'm still kind of shocked it got made at all.
Speaker 2: I am, But yeah, I think I think HBO was like, you're fucking doing this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll destroying you. You're never gonna walk again.
Speaker 1: After the fucking Idle, which we had to cut by ten episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the amount of of of effort we had to put into promoting that piece of ship you were making this show.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 2: It's over, buddy. We give you, We gave you full creative control, and that's what you did up next tax season five brilliantly. No official premiere date yet, but this is it the of the the final go around. Uh And no official word yet on whether they'll be spin off. So though I have heard through the gripine you heard it here first that HBO has been looking at different ways they can spin off the show.
Speaker 1: Understandable because like what a show and also just an organic word of mouth hit based on how incredibly well the show has written, the characters that we love, and obviously Hannah winning an Emmy this year and how incredible speech and very interesting to.
Speaker 2: See what will Deprivance and Able to start this season as enemies or friends? Will they end it as enemies or friends in the final season? Max whenever it premierees. Sometimes there's a veray. We don't know when we got Wait, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back a notable series.
Speaker 3: Bro, this is such a bloss from the past. The fact that this is getting made, I can't even believe it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about some of these new and notable series, starting with Guy Ritchie. He's back on your TV screens and does he love a British tough guy? Yes, he loves a British tough guy. He's back here with Young Sherlock, which actually came out on March fourth, I had on my list of things to watch. It doesn't have started yet, but it stars Joseph Fiones, Max Irons, Colin Firth. Eight episodes based on Andrew Lane's Young Sherlock Holmes book series, which features a young Sherlock in college, solving his first crime, his kind of budding rivalry with Moriarty. YadA, YadA, YadA. Reviews are pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and honestly this is like very exciting for me because I love a young like I love the Young Indiana Jones movies. I still watch them. Obviously loved with the Phoenix as Young Indiana Jones. I enjoyed the Guy Richie Charlotte Holmes movies.
Speaker 3: Very silly. This is in that same space.
Speaker 2: Very silly. The first one was the first one.
Speaker 3: Was good, and this is in It's in that same canon.
Speaker 1: But here we have hero Tiffins Fines, hilariously rich person neper baby name unbelievable who was actually very good though in I believe The Kingsman, the last The Kingsman pre Colin for another first another Colin Firth vehicle, and yeah, this looks really fun, really silly.
Speaker 3: The reviews are pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's also the cleverest, most clever thing, guys, you can do. If you're trying to sell a weird genre or old school style show that they might not buy on, make the first season a murder mystery. It always works. They did it with True Blood. That's how they got that insane show on the air. And here there is going to be a murder and they're going to have to solve it. Also, if you enjoy this, make sure you go back and watch on Netflix.
Speaker 3: There was a really, really, really great show.
Speaker 1: That was a Charlock hom spinoff called It was based on the Baker Street Irregulars, and it was just called the Irregulars, and it was a totally different take on the kind of young Sharlock idea. So fun and yeah, I love a little Ya show. So this looks this looks very fun.
Speaker 2: Up next, Star Wars Mall Shadow Lord debuts April sixth. It will drop two episodes a week, interesting, with the finale scheduled for Star Wars Day May. The fourth set approximately one year after the Clone Wars, so before rebels, Maul rebuilds his criminal syndicate on the planet Jenics. Described as one part Gotham, one part Metropolis. The Inquisitors and Marrack from Ahsoka season one are going to be featured and very interested to see this. This is This is I think one of the most in retrospect early controversial decisions by Dave Filoni that worked out from the.
Speaker 3: Storytelling aspect, Yes, the right correct.
Speaker 2: Yes, the rivalry between Obi Wan and Mal throughout the Clone Wars series was wonderful. They had like an incredible relationship. But there are still some Star Wars fans and I have some personal ones in my life. Then we'll tell you that the decision to not even resurrect he never technically died to bring it.
Speaker 3: Back with spotty legubs.
Speaker 2: He lived in a garbage dump and built spider legs. He never did but the but the decision to not kill mal is one I think that perplexes uh many a Star Wars fan of a certain generation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I totally agree, though, I will say I think that for kids who grew up on Clone Wars or even like the pre Course, being their first Star Wars, that was such an iconic character design and so cool.
Speaker 3: It definitely was.
Speaker 1: In that Bave Filoni space of like Boba Fair as we know, you know, the kind of idea of this Mandalorian is so enticing to the characters who grew up with it, the people who grew up with it you want to know more More is definitely that character. I'm really interested to see this. We also know that there's going to be a Ben Percy who's been doing all the Avengers, Alien Avengers, Predator stuff, Predat Versus Wolverine. He is actually writing a prequel comic mini series that's going to start coming out this month.
Speaker 3: Called Shadow of More.
Speaker 1: And I'm really interested because they also bought in a guy who is Matt Mikinovich, who's Star Wars Clone Warter's TV writer, So they're bringing back the crew.
Speaker 3: Sam Whittwer is going to be the voice again.
Speaker 1: Who's the guy has been voicing Also guys Jason's favorite and one of our high picks, though he did not win Congress to Michael B.
Speaker 3: Jordan, who we love to Wagnama. He's in the show. He's like a PI. He's like a Star Wars PI.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have Dennis Haber as a master Jedi, Gideon Adlon as a young Jedi, and another incredible bit of casting here.
Speaker 3: Personally for me, Richard Iowaddy as a droid detective meant to be.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think this is going to have a potential to be a little bit of a slop and he especially with this kind of detective nowari p I vibe they're going for.
Speaker 3: I'm really interested in this. I love all this witch.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see Mores like we'd brother or something, and I'd love to see a little bit you.
Speaker 2: Know, without looking, I knew Richard Auada was going to be a detective.
Speaker 3: Come on, That's what I'm saying. That's like without even he is a droid.
Speaker 2: Sam Whitwer had a very interesting comment. I believe it was.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: He definitely said it, but I'm the sourcing. I'm I'm a little unclear on but perhaps an easter egg for the direction of the show. Quote of Mal He's very angry at Palpatine. Everywhere he looks in the Empire, he sees Palpatine's hand.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh, well, that sounds exciting to me personally, I'm very exciting.
Speaker 3: Could we see a little more, a little more.
Speaker 1: Turn around and guys, I just want to say, Sam Witwell, we want to shout you out again because this man has been working in Star Wars for so long.
Speaker 3: Do you even look back at Star Wars the fourth Unleashed video game?
Speaker 1: Guys, go play that and learn about Sam witwear in the way that this man has been keeping Star Wars going one man voice acting for a very long time. Him and d Bradley Breaker. We salute you, guys.
Speaker 2: Up next, Stranger Sings Tales from eighty five debus on Netflix of course, April twenty third. You thought it was over, and no we're not, and we're spinning this shit off in live action and animated. This is the animated series that will tell the stories of Eleven and Friends taking place between the events in season two and season three. Original cast members will not be returning. Sorry, they're done. Okaysually they're out of here.
Speaker 1: They are not getting a good contract to come back for that. Netflix said, we are not giving you that kind of money. But the cost is actually crazy because this is one hundred percent a show that I would not necessarily choose to watch, right. The rumor has it, guys, Look, I'm not gonna say this is true. I'm saying this is a rumor. You can google it. Rumor has it there was a tale, a Telltale game that was meant to come out called Stranger Things, Hey Tales from eighty five, and it looked very similar to this, and many people are wondering if this is that Telltale game turned into a TV show.
Speaker 3: So there's been lots of shenanigans. It's not necessarily something I would look to go to.
Speaker 1: But the cost includes lou Diamond Phillips and Jinny Garrafrio, but two of my all time favorites, and rising staff from underrated hell Raiser movie Odessa Azion, who also recently correctly gave up a role she shouldn't have been casting.
Speaker 3: So we like her. Goodbye to on the Run. Yeah, Oh my god, wow. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean this is like a surprisingly fantastic cast interview. I mean show runner Sean Levy, who, by the way, ever heard of him? That's Deadpool versus Wolverine, that's your you know that really fun movie with Ryan Reynolds. Guy, he's saving something, he's playing a game. It was so fun I can't remember it. But Sean Levy generally a fun guy. He's the showrunner, and he says, you're not getting a water down continuation of what you've watched and loved. You're getting a different tone, a different visual style. It's filling in blanks of mythology and a timeline that you've never gotten in what we call The Mothership, the original show. The Duffers loved a certain style of eighties and nineties, all family audience animation and cartoons, and this show is made in the spirit of that. So it's not Stranger Things but animated. It's very much its own tone and style. Honestly, it sounds like they're trying to do a little bit of a clone Wars for Stranger Things.
Speaker 3: And why not?
Speaker 2: Why not? Indeed, why they're that Spider Noir debuting on Prime Video and MGM.
Speaker 4: Plus Oh wow, okay me twere very fascinating on Y twenty fifth, Folks, there are some comic book freaks out there who will tell you passionately that the best Spider person is Ben Riley.
Speaker 3: They will they will tell you say that and the.
Speaker 2: Scarlett's chatterkaa clone of Spider Man. And this series will follow the adventures of Ben Riley, a superpowered private dick in Manhattan who's doing all that private dick stuff in nineteen thirties Manhattan, but as a spider powered individual.
Speaker 3: And he loves killing Nazis.
Speaker 1: That's like his major character Trait's nothing wrong with them, not even wrong with that.
Speaker 3: It seems popular.
Speaker 1: This is also another absolutely stacked cost. You can really see that this is a casting just post the strikes and COVID where everyone really wanted a job.
Speaker 3: But also I'm hoping it also means the project is really good.
Speaker 1: But we have Lamar Morris, we have Leegion Lee, we have Jack Houston, Brendan Gleeson, Lucas Haas spite of us, a phil Lord, Christopher Miller, and Amy Pascal the Queen, the NonStop bangers. They can't get rid of her and all episodes are dropping at once.
Speaker 3: Now, this is very interesting to me. One, we know what that means.
Speaker 1: But also they're doing a double drop, one in authentic black.
Speaker 3: And white and one in true youful color.
Speaker 1: Now, I have to say, they release both the trailers and it does not look like a shitty black and white retro conversion.
Speaker 3: It looks completely.
Speaker 1: Different in black and white, the shadows, the shading, the highlights. So if they've really managed to do this, this could really extend that week of talk that we get when we watch a show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very very interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, folks, that's been your Spring TV look ahead. Stay tuned for X ray Vision. We're diving into Jessica Jones. She is back. We're going to be laying out her path to her return to the MCU and Daredevil Born Again. Season two was in her early years. Well, season's one Defenders, which I am a defender of. Jason would the whole good Jos Think that's it for this episode. Thanks for listening, Bye. X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Sepsion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Our Executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 2: Our supervising producer is Abu Zafar.
Speaker 1: Our producers are Common, Laurent Dean, Jonathan and Bay Wack.
Speaker 2: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 1: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi our discord moderator