Speaker 1: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody. I don't know if you don't lie.
Speaker 2: About that right.
Speaker 3: Came in, Hey, y'all, what's up.
Speaker 1: It's Laura and Rosa and this is the latest with Laura and Rosa. This is your daily dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news and all of the conversations that shake the room.
Speaker 2: Now. I know we have talked a lot.
Speaker 1: About Diddy in the last couple of days because he was sentenced on October third, twenty twenty five to four years and two months behind bars.
Speaker 2: But I had a little bonus content for you guys.
Speaker 3: I recorded a.
Speaker 1: Video when I came outside of the courtroom during our lunch break. Now to set the scene, this video is before Diddy got sentenced, but it is after a lot of the ping ponging back and forth between the defense which is Diddy's team and the prosecution or the government, and the judge getting in and saying how he felt. I didn't think that Diddy was going to come home after hearing that part this part of the trial. And this was just on my lunch but I want you guys here as well, sharing it as a bonus episode because I love my little Riders.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for tuning in.
Speaker 1: Now take a listen to me outside of the courtroom, literally hours before Sean Diddy Combs was sentenced. All right, y'all, so really really quick, I just wanted to around my lunch break.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to give you guys a little update.
Speaker 1: First of all, let me just say people are asking the minute I walked out of court, people were asking me, what's the feeling in there? Like, what's the temperament in the court? The last I would say in the beginning of court. So the first few hours it feels like Diddy about to get the book thrown that. If I'm being honest with y'all, like I think, you know, there's a lot of things to take into consideration here. I think the fact that the judge says, hey, even though he was acquitted of you know, all those things that relate to that rico and everything that he didn't get hit with charge rides or didn't stick. You can consider that when having a conversation about certain things moving forward, you know, as we're talking about sentence, because the judges point was we wouldn't have ended up here at prosecution if it wasn't for certain things that had to do with some of the charges he was acquitted. Point being, they talked a lot about the force, the corrigion, the fear that they, you know, are saying that Diddy and put into these women and put into chain and put into Tassie, which made them do things they did not want to do.
Speaker 2: The judge specifically mentioned.
Speaker 3: Didn't threatened to not pay for Jade's playing stage.
Speaker 1: The judge mentioned Diddy texting Cassie and threatening to leap sex tapes, you know, all things that there were hard evidence of, even though those targes did not stick.
Speaker 3: Right So the minute you hear that, because what they're.
Speaker 1: Having a conversation about right now is is like it, it's the guidelines, the sentencing guidelines and what can what can you lean on when you when or what is the court going to lean on? And what is the court allowed to lean on? And they're taking it from both sides. They're looking at, here's what the prosecution is asking for for us to consider to think about, Here's what Diddy seams asking us to consider and think about. And here's everything that East side is saying, we don't want you to consider or think about. Right. But then at the same time, right, you have you know, Diddy's team who gets up there and Nicole Westmoreland broke down in tears. His attorney, Nicole west Moreland broke down in tears, and I don't people are always like, why you refer to her as the black woman attorney, And here I'm going to do so because I feel like it's important to do so, right, And I'll explain why. So Nicole west Moreland is she's a black woman attorney from Atlanta. She's also it's also been you know, a thing and a conversation about the fact that she is a sexual violent or sexual assault survivor.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: She broke down in tears talking about what Diddy means to this family, to the black community, the strides that he's made as like the first black man to do several different things, and just how he's used all of his power, all of his fame to help people. He is not a person that has disregarded people in the way the prosecution will want you to believe.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Before west Moreland got up there and began to cry, and I think you know and the reason why I brought the fact that she's a black woman on a team doing so is because none of the white attorneys could have did that for me. In my opinion, I understood why she was doing it, but I felt like after the hours of you know, it was so clear in my opinion that the judge he doesn't believe that Diddy is.
Speaker 2: As remorseful as he should be.
Speaker 1: The judge specifically pointed out because Ditty was asking, you know, for sentencing to be taking easy on him because he has been remorseful to the court. He's asking several different things, but I was one of them, right, I'll give one to that later.
Speaker 2: But the judge is like, look.
Speaker 1: You've been remorseful, and you've apologize for things you haven't even and you've admitted to things, yes, but you have yet to even admit to what you were actually convicted of, which was the prostitution charges, nor.
Speaker 2: Have you apologized for that. So no, oh, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 3: Say, oh my god, he's so remorseful to the court.
Speaker 2: I want to make sure we take this light.
Speaker 1: No, And while the judge is talking about what they're able to use, and you know, these attorneys are like, I mean, Blian Still's head was in his hands, his face was in his hands, like in disbelief. Almost you had two of Vidde's attorneys stand up, Shapiro and Teenie Barrincko stand up and talk about how being able to use anything he was to put it up, how partially that's going to impact his sentencing. The judge used the word it would be non consequential because you can only use it when having conversation around how we arrive to the actual things he was charged with, right, which, honestly, in my opinion, I'm like, there's no way that you only use it for certain things. And this is those things that you're talking about when it comes to forest coercion, the feeding of the women, that all speaks the character. It's hard to not consider that when you're making a determination on sentencing.
Speaker 2: And Teeny Garricos made a good point.
Speaker 1: She said, he I just want to put on record you said the word non consequential. Can we please discuss like, yes, it is? And the judge corrected themselves. He said, you know, my bad if that's the word I use. But I want to be specific when I say, you know, here is how I apply for you for us as the court to be able to use anything he was acquitted of in sentancy. And the way that I am thinking about this and the way that it should be set up based on previous case law is not when it comes to the conversation of sentencing guidelines, but solely to understand how we arrived here. And the reason why I keep saying that is because the judge is arguing and the court is believing that in order for Ditty to be convicted of prostitution charges.
Speaker 3: He had to be able to force the woman, he had.
Speaker 1: To be able to fear, he had to be able to all other things running enterprise where people protected what he was doing, and there's multiple people involved. And if obviously they're setting up you know, did he seeing lines for an appeal?
Speaker 2: Because Shapiro began to speak to that.
Speaker 1: But man, when I'm kids got up there, because now you have the quote west Moreland, she's crying and in tempera time.
Speaker 2: I'm telling y'all going into this, it's like, oh, they about to throw the book at him.
Speaker 1: They're not buying that this man it was an addict who made mistakes.
Speaker 2: They're not ying it.
Speaker 3: They're not buying the down plan of decision to be.
Speaker 1: Casty up and down the hallway, as in, you know, a dark moment in time that he's now rehabilitated, this stuff from. And it was obvious that the court is not buying it. The quote West Marlin gets up, there's crying. She talked about the impact on the black community as a black woman, what it means to her, how she saw it Diddy speaking DC and you know how it moved her and all these things. And I think she was really trying to make the judge understand how much of a dessel Diddy is.
Speaker 2: He's better outside of a jail than inside, was her ending point. Then the kids get up the steep.
Speaker 1: I cried, y'all, like I was like, oh my god. And it wasn't because I feel bad for Diddy. I think a lot of the decisions that he's made has him up here. I wish him the best, though, But it was more and so about these kids did not choose this like they did not They did not choose to be in a situation.
Speaker 2: They did not choose a life that would end them up.
Speaker 1: In this courtroom, crying in front of all these people, all the headlines, all the one of.
Speaker 3: The twins, one of the comes means said please.
Speaker 1: Like she was begging the judge, sobbing, crying back in the judge, Judge, please allow us the opportunity to be healed.
Speaker 2: As a family and not as a heavenline.
Speaker 3: Christian was the first, Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Christian was the first of I mean well, Quincy spoke first, then Justin, then Christian.
Speaker 2: But Christian was the most emotional. He was emotional first.
Speaker 1: So he talked about, you know, everybody knows Christian and Diddy's relationship, Diddia's relationship with all of his kids, but Christian is like the guy's twining, you know what I mean. So he talked about, you know, understanding and feeling his dad differently than even potentially some of his siblings, and knowing.
Speaker 3: That his dad has changed over time because of conversations.
Speaker 1: But when the girls begin to speak, Man Diddy's hands dropped into his head.
Speaker 2: He couldn't he was he was watching them.
Speaker 1: He had to turn away at some points, Like it was, it was really tough, Like it was, it was hard.
Speaker 2: I was crying.
Speaker 1: People sitting next to me who were crying. I'm looking in the courtroom on the monitor. You know, Diddy's breaking down.
Speaker 2: Got people.
Speaker 1: I saw Mesa Hilton crying, who was justin Colme's mom like. Then they played this video that shows all of his family interactions in these moments. Diddy couldn't even watch the video. And the craziest thing about all of this is from so the day we're on break for lunch, going into lunch, it ended emotionally heavy.
Speaker 3: Before that, it was very much the court.
Speaker 1: Is given no remorse to Diddy. And the whole time I kept thinking two things. These kids did not ask for this, and then I feel so bad for them. And another thing I thought of is Diddy's ego and his addiction.
Speaker 2: Is what ended us up here. And I just I wish and I hope that.
Speaker 1: When he speaks, he readjusts whatever he had planning, because it is very obvious that the judge is not you don't feel remorse from Diddy. And I think I think what would be most impactful to hear from Diddy today before court ends is he was an addict and what that really means, because I think people are removing that too, because I mean, obviously, because you saw a woman be beat on camera, so you're not gonna you don't sympathize with it with a.
Speaker 2: Woman abuser, and you shouldn't. But I think that there is something too.
Speaker 1: I'm remorseful, but not only am I remorseful now I understand exactly what it's fucked up to be able to begin to fix it. Do I think that the judge feels like the amount of time Diddy has been locked up it's enough time that has let him walk free with supervisor release.
Speaker 2: Hell no, I don't think that.
Speaker 1: I don't think that the judge is at right now as a court is like a little bit after one pm the sentencing of showing Diddy polones, I don't see a judge taking it easy.
Speaker 2: On him whatsoever.
Speaker 1: This is the latest with Lana Rose, and I'll be back at the end of court to give you guys, you know, some talk on whatever happened. At the end of each episode. I tell you, guys, I am always appreciative for you guys tuning in my lowriders who've been rocking out with me, born or not.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: Because y'all could be anywhere with anybody talking about this stuff, hearing all the recaps, but y'all choose to be here with me every single episode and for that, I am so thankful. Every single episode, I'm so thankful, so thank you. Guys. Tell a friend and tell a friend that this episode is out, it's live, share it and all the things. I will catch you in my next episode.