Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Christie Scales, Aisha Morrison, Nicole Hutcheson, and Jess Navarrees.
Speaker 3: Hello, Cowboys Nation, Welcome into Girls Talk Boys Talk presented by jig Saw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Right here in the SWBC studio. I'm Nicole. I just sent alongside Easian Warrison, Jess Navares and Christy Scales. Ladies, Happy Thursday. Hi y'all doing day'll? Ty Ice is over here. Stress.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Quesh time stressed.
Speaker 3: Real you've been busy though.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's getting real.
Speaker 4: About to really find out. It's not any more speculation. After next week, you'll know who is going to be a part of this team and we'll start breaking down how they how they can make an impact in the first year, because baby, you're gonna need it.
Speaker 6: I like the analogy, the track analogy, which the track analogy you use? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, baby, I'm on my last one hundred and my legs is my legs is burning.
Speaker 5: That lack the acid is starting to kick in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe I don't even know about all that.
Speaker 5: I'm trying my best. So but when you.
Speaker 7: Cross cross that finish line, Dallas Cowboys is going to have.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna pass out rookies, maybe.
Speaker 6: Throw up no, because then we'll have rookie camp after that, and then it really gets going.
Speaker 7: Then it really feels like football season again.
Speaker 5: You know, you've.
Speaker 8: Got a little break, You get a small break.
Speaker 7: Just think of that, you get a small break camp.
Speaker 6: Please got phase two three? We got all sorts of fun stuff.
Speaker 3: OTAs a lot of fun stuff still going on to the star now. They just released I know, Netflix announced today its latest series, America's Sweethearts, which is following the Dallas Cowboys. I know if Christy Scales was there for the filming, how is that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I'm so excited because there are so many Dallas Cowboy cheerleader fans who faithfully watched the CMT. You know, Dallas Cowboys cheerleader making the team for eighteen seasons, and there hasn't been a cheerleader show the past two seasons. But the Netflix crew Greg the director and his production crew. This actually started. The filming started last May May of twenty twenty three, so it followed going into the audition process last year. It followed training camp. And what's going to be great about this Netflix series is it follows not just the summer in the making of the team. Because the previous show on CMT it had the auditions, it would several of the girls follow them and then the final episode, the Payoff, was the first preseason game in which the payoff the girls. Finally, after all that work all summer, they come out on the field and perform for the first time in front of the ninety three thousand fans, and that's the end of the show. This one, we get to see the DCC through the whole season, and it focuses not just on some of the rooky hopefuls, and through that summer process of training camp, you get to see so many things behind the scene, so many cool things from the regular season. You'll get to see some of the behind the scenes thing for Salvation, Army Loot, the Thanksgiving a Day game, and the rehearsals with Dolly Parton and one of the things that I do working with the cheerleaders is ride the team bus. The cheerleaders take a bus to and from each game. They even film that, and so not everyone. I think that they filmed three of our bus rides last season. But it's if you are a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, and particularly the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders, you will absolutely love this because it is to say it's inside access is an understatement. And so for years I have been advocating let's get the cheerleaders out there more and show all of the things that they do during the week, not just the visits to the Children's hospital or the VA hospitals, but the incredible young women that they are in their careers and all that it is involved and what they put into this effort. And I think that the Netflix show is going to show that. So we're not announcing the exact release date yet, but it will be the summer, and it will be several episodes, and I know that the DCC we're just all thrilled about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seven episodes or forty five minutes per episode, and I'm not gonna lie. I saw that the broadcast team that did get a last year.
Speaker 6: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Watch it beyond This is.
Speaker 6: Not two people with a iPhone or a thing like following around. This is major. You know, they come in from California. There were a lot of local yeah folks too, But the production value is incredible. I'll give one example. I mentioned there are a few times where we're going on the bus to game day and from game day. The fine one that they did, they actually had a truck in front of the bus and they rigged up this camera behind it to film the bus going down the road and going down the ramp and then pulling up to the locker room because you go in the bowels of the stadium, go underneath. I mean, just the production value is off the charts. So I can't wait to see the finished product.
Speaker 7: I can't even imagine.
Speaker 8: So fun fact, yea twice in college I decided to mark something off my bucket list and go to DCC auditions. So Christie and I met actually years ago as she was the judge and okay, yes, certainly didn't make it, but it was a bucket list thing growing up and dance and doing all of that. So seeing that production from CMT was incredible even back then, and that was years ago.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to tell you all what year because I was on the show crying, Oh, we don't need to go back.
Speaker 3: And watch that.
Speaker 8: I no, no, But I'm just saying I'm really excited to see what Netflix can do, especially because, like I said, that was years ago, so the technology and everything now I.
Speaker 5: Can't even imagine. I'm really excited.
Speaker 7: And the respect I have for DCC is just immense. Off the charts.
Speaker 8: They work their tails off, and you're right, they don't get enough recognition.
Speaker 6: And certainly when the specific dates or announce, we'll definitely share that so that everybody knows when to tune in. Of course, the great thing is with streaming. If you don't see it the first hour it's release, you can watch it anytime. So it's a great thing.
Speaker 3: It was only right to kick all the show shouting out the ladies, you show some support.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's the girls talk. Girls, top boys talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boys now cover out here.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 3: Some news yesterday the Cowboys sign Royce Freeman, who was with the La Rams last seas in what's your thoughts? I know, why should you did a quick scouting report? What's your scouting report on him?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think you listen, it's just me. I don't like the term camp body. I just I think I think, especially when some of these guys like bounce around and stuff, like every opportunity that comes to them is important. I just think we should be a little bit more caring about how we speak about people.
Speaker 5: But that's just me. But he is another He's just a veteran guy to come in here.
Speaker 4: We know this running back room is a bit thin experience wise. He comes in here with some experience, very north to south runner, has some downhill ability, has a little bit of explosiveness. I mean again, he is at the latter part of his career and he has kind of bounced around on whatever the case may be. But it just keeps your other running backs honest, bringing some competition into this room. And then also too, you do have some rooks that hopefully, hopefully there might be a rook or two running back that's coming in here after the draft, and you just want another veteran in here because maybe all you got right now is Rico Daddle and we know his experience on the field is limited, although he has been here, he knows the ropes and everything. His experience on the field is limited in that sense, so just get another guy in here, another person in the room, and keeps the competition, honest. But he does have a little bit of little little some little something to his name or whatever. So yeah, I mean, yeah, he's different than any other runner I think we have on the roster right now. So he just adds another flare if they're gonna use him, it's really.
Speaker 3: Quickly, ladies, let me go ahead and open up the text line. Call line. We are at call us at one eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. Call us at one eightaa eight five five two two nine seven. If you want to hop in on this conversation, all right, just go ahead and take it away.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I was doing some studying here and I kind of last night was like, how what is this angle I can take on him? Because I want to make sure to give him a fair shot coming in. Like I used to said, there was just some not so nice things being said on social media, and you know, don't like that. But what I did notice is he's not gonna be your speed runner from from the film. I did see he's not gonna be your speeded guy. Definitely think that's Rico. He has about fifteen give or take pounds on Rico. As far as size, it's about an inch taller. But he's not your speed guy. So Rico definitely is still the speed guy do so I want to say, is probably even a little bit quicker than Royce would be as well. Back in twenty eighteen, I was doing some deep diving into his career kind of to see maybe what Cowboys ties he's had in twenty eighteen was his rookie season in Denver with the Broncos. And something that I found that might be interesting and could come in hand as far as that veteran leadership and some nuggets he can bring into this locker room is he was the backup running back to Philip Lindsay in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 7: However, DeMarcus ware y'all.
Speaker 8: May or may not know him here in Cowboys world, but legend ring of honor, as you know, small guy whatever as we know, went to Denver and he actually went back that twenty eighteen season is a part time to help with a pass rush. So he was a pat what was the official title?
Speaker 7: Let me get this right. I don't want to say it wrong.
Speaker 8: He was a let's see, part time pass rush consultant, and he helped tutor the next kind of generation of pass rushers. However, that doesn't necessarily mean he worked directly with Royce here, but it does mean that he was up against a pass rush and that offensive line that he could know how to get through those pockets. So I thought that was very interesting there as well.
Speaker 7: So give him a shot. Let's see what happens.
Speaker 8: There's a long time between now and training camp.
Speaker 7: A lot can happen.
Speaker 8: The draft has yet to happen, so I'm just just seeing.
Speaker 3: What he got.
Speaker 7: But uh, yeah, it was. It was very clear he's not your speek guy, and what I saw in the film.
Speaker 5: We don't have the luxury of being super choosy right now. Yeah, understand that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the experience is the main thing. And I usually I so appreciate what you said about people, Oh it's a camp body. So disrespectful, Yes, so disrespectful When people say that. I think it was Nick Eatman on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. Everybody watching this knows Nick Eatman. But let's see the Freeman's four hundred and seventy one rushing attempts is basically more than everybody else on the roster pretty combined. You know, Rico ninety six and Hunter you know contributed Hunter Lipke contributed a lot more as the season continued to go on last year, But you need you need that experience. You this is the kind of guy. It's similar to last year when the Cowboys signed Ronald Jones right to be that veteran kind of insurance and steady guy, and then Ronald ended up not doing the final roster. He had gotten NFL suspension I think for some performance enhancers which were like their supplements or something that he had ingested unwittingly. So it reminded me of that move last year in terms of bringing in a veteran experience.
Speaker 3: Does this change the approach heading into the draft?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Yes, no, watch louder, Yeah, say that a little bit.
Speaker 5: Louder cream go ahead, Absolutely no louder.
Speaker 3: We can't louder.
Speaker 6: We can't get louder.
Speaker 7: Absolutely not, thank you.
Speaker 3: I mean I also noticed one of the things is that he's not really used as a pass catcher. He doesn't really you know, you know how Mike McCarthy likes to get a little creative with his running backs. Is that something that's you can improve on when you are heading into camp knowing that this offense kind of is a little bit different and creative. I mean, what's your thoughts on that.
Speaker 7: I think your running backs need to focus on the run game.
Speaker 8: You need a run game. That was a big downfall. I don't think you even.
Speaker 7: Worry about that.
Speaker 8: You focus on establishing run early and you figure out whether it's going to be one guy that takes a load, you do that one two punch again that was successful, not last year, the year before with Tony and Zeke. You figure out what works as far as getting a run game established, because you cannot have a repeat of last year of not having an established run game really throughout the course of the season. You can't wait until the final week of the season to see the burst start to come and then you know, come first round of the playoffs and that be the downfall, that one of the downfalls that didn't allow you to continue through.
Speaker 7: So I think it's a good trait to have for any running back.
Speaker 8: But please focus on getting a guy that is going to get you constant yardage. And something about Royce, I mean, and again he's not the end all be all I'm not saying that he does average about five yards per carrie, which isn't horrible. When you're thinking about first first down, that turns into a two and five, a game of inches. Look, you need somebody that's steady and getting you yardage with the run game, focus on.
Speaker 6: That first yeah. Yeah, And I think the approach, like, for example, when Tony Pollard was drafted, Zeke was your number one guy, and Pollard was going to be a versatile guy who when Tony Pollard was at Memphis, he actually had more receptions than he had rushies, and so that was going to be kind of bringing in a different kind of style of player. And the Cowboys, I don't think they're going to be looking for that. This someone They're looking for a potential news starting running back with a rookie. It's as just notes, you know, someone who's going to tote the ball first and anything else would be a bonus.
Speaker 3: So he kind of brings up a little bit of question, what do you do right now? The running back room is Hanah Lipke, Rico'donald Duce, von got Royce, Freeman, essentially Dare potentially due Connor. Now what do you do with duce Von because I think that more so his size has kind of prevented him from, you know, being in that rotation a little bit more. Do you see him more on special teams? What do you kind of think that they do that?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 6: Remember with the kickoff return the changes in the rules, and you're going to have two returners deep, so you'll have Cavante and then someone else. Yeah, So if and you know Rico doubt I'd say right now, it's probably if this were last ye, if the rules were from last season, you'd probably have Rico as the other person there. But it's gonna be tough for Deuce Vaughn this this season, but that may be a niche role that he can really excel in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, for me, this this Cowboys offense hasn't had a stay. I mean, you haven't had a steady screen game in a minute, and just some of the things that I think about the I think all around. One of the best games that I think as a collective from the running backs was the Jets Games Jets game last year is where in the game plan you could tell they had a plan for Tony. They knew some of the things he did well, but they got Duce involved in the screen game, and he was effective right away. It did not take time for you to see how he can operate in space and what he's able to do in that regard. You mentioned the receiving aspect of things. He killed that in college. I understand, like some of the size limitations and some of the things that people are worried about there, it's not for a lack of him not trying, Like he will definitely put his body on the line in pass pro if that's something that you want to do. I think also too, because of the state of the offensive line last year, you didn't have the leeway to maybe just let him go out there and take his lumps, like you couldn't do that and you couldn't risk your quarterback getting hurt because it's just how things were last year. I do think he is going to have to compete this year, but I think a good OC finds someone like him a role. Yes, I'm sorry, and I mean if we're talking about by committee and how things work within this in the NFL, he brings a receiving game he can kill you, and the run after catchability and some of the things he can do in the passing game. But also to your point, Jess, you mentioned just the lack of run game. A lot of that had to do with the offensive line. So hopefully he's able to come in and show what he can do because he's a competitor and I just think I just think there's ways to get him involved that can give you splashes on it. And to your point about the returning I think Cavante Turpin is probably going to have more opportunities as a return to this year. So with that, how much is he going to be involved in the receiving game when they tried to kind of do it last year.
Speaker 5: I think that duce Fon.
Speaker 4: Can kind of take over that role and Cavante Turpin can be that specialist that we've been looking for him to be and have some of those explosive runs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but just just to clarify, you mean a role beyond just as a gadget guy.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, yes, absolutely, I mean that's yeah, because a lot of these guys get labeled as that, especially when they're smaller.
Speaker 5: Whatever the case may be.
Speaker 4: But I feel I watched duce Fan's tape, I watched him play against some of the better defensive lines in the in college.
Speaker 5: And he made them look silly and he was.
Speaker 4: It wasn't even just like, oh I'm making guys miss he will. He will dip his shoulder and also run into people he's not. I don't know why he's labeled as dislike.
Speaker 6: Can I say one thing, this is not pushback. But the one thing about Deuce was that I saw last year is he wasn't getting yards after contact, and that has to do it side. I mean when he was, when he was, it was down and it was it was different because in college, you know, breaking those tackles and stuff. So I hope that we get to see more that this year. Were you know, obviously he's elusive and the speed and stuff, but I.
Speaker 4: Think our offensive had a lot to do with that because I remember distinctively seeing like by the time he would be coming in at the end of those games, at a lot of time, it would be the second stringers. There's no continuity. They weren't getting any push, so people were meeting him in the backfield almost every time.
Speaker 5: I think he needs a little bit more of a chance.
Speaker 8: And how many sacks were allowed on deck at that point muffins.
Speaker 5: So I think, yeah, place.
Speaker 7: It's the reality of what was going on.
Speaker 8: And also I just want to point out too, and you know, people can take this for what they want, but Deuce is such a locker room guy.
Speaker 7: I mean, you're talking the ultimate team player.
Speaker 8: It is Deuce fun and even as a rookie who could have come in here and you know, not really talk.
Speaker 7: He's such He's.
Speaker 8: A guy you want in your locker room. He's a guy that you want to represent your team football aside, Yes, a good a good OC to your point is gonna find a role for somebody like that. He works his tail off. And the thing I respect about Deuce is you can bring up his size and you know, how how do you kind of compensate for, you know, being the smaller one on the team.
Speaker 7: And that guy is a brick wall.
Speaker 8: I don't know, Like y'all if you haven't seen Deuce, like he is shorter, yes, but he is a brick wall. He is all muscle, and he is inevitably, without a doubt, going to He's not gonna go down without a fight. I definitely am excited to see what he does and kind of how he learned his role throughout last year and sat back because it wasn't. It wasn't enough to him whether he had to sit back or not. He was chomping at the bit to get more playing time. So trust me, it's it's just the beginning for him.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be a fun preseason.
Speaker 3: I agree, it's certainly gonna be a fun little off season. Next next couple of weeks, you've got the draft coming up. We're gonna be picking out picking Ayesha's brain. In the next segment, just about who could potentially land here in Dallas. You're watching girls talk, boys talkers. It about Jigsaw, the for dating partner. The Dallas Cowboys will be right back.
Speaker 10: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing.
Speaker 6: Pepsi, baby, the yin to this Burger's yang.
Speaker 10: Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettus, every sesame seed on the butt, and every sip of that crisp, refreshing ice cold kola a journey to foodtopia.
Speaker 5: Burgers better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 11: At Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating Partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: The eleventh Annuel Reliant Home Run Derby is back at writers Field and Firstco on May first at six pm. Come see your favorite Dallas Cowboys players swing for the Fences to raise money for the Civilation Army admission in parking art Free visit Dallas Cowboys dot com, slash Reliant to HRD to learn more and we will see you there.
Speaker 7: Such a funn event, it really is, yes, so fun.
Speaker 3: I know we said we're gonna pick Ayesha's brain in this segment, but first we have a caller. We have Derek out of Springfield. How are you Derek? Go ahead, take it away what you got for us, you guys?
Speaker 9: Derek?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 9: So I just had a couple questions and then one kind of thought. So this one's kind of odd because he's not with us anymore. But do you guys know what happened with Lyel Collins. I know we had it signed to like a future deal during the playoffs or right before the playoffs started last year. You know, he probably wouldn't have been a contributor, but you know, we were one of the teams that got the most out of him.
Speaker 2: So I was like, hey, if.
Speaker 9: He rehabs good, maybe you know, he could slide in at you know, tackle guard whatever. So I was kind of surprised that all of a sudden he had signed with Buffalo. I didn't really know how that worked.
Speaker 2: And then my question was, do you guys know, like with the draft coming up, the trade value chart, is it just hey, you know, we're I give you.
Speaker 9: Like if Dallas traded out at twenty four and I'm just I don't know a random team, but anyway, if they traded out, does it just specifically go by the chart or does the chart just kind of there for like a basis. And I just kind of.
Speaker 2: Wondered how that worked.
Speaker 9: If you guys knew I had.
Speaker 2: A little more insight on that.
Speaker 6: Sure, Yeah, yeah, Derek, that's a great question. It's really more of a guideline, certainly, but it's a great resource. And while Jimmy Johnson is also is often credited as creating the draft chart, by that we're talking about a numerical value thing where the number one overall pick is work worth a certain amount of points, and then the bottom of the seventh round is worthless. It was that is a cowboy invention, so to speak, created but it was actually Mike McCoy who was one of Jerry Jones's business partners when even before coming Jerry buying the team. And so Mike came on board after Jerry bought the team, and I can't remember his title right now, but it was more the business side of it. But he came up with the numerical value deal and had a consultant come in and you know, helped create the numerical value chart. So credit to Mike on that. But yes, it's it really is more of a more of a guideline, but by assigning numbers, if you have the twenty fourth overall pick in the first round, I wish I had I do have that chart. I don't have it with me today a week from the draft, but seven okay for the seven hundred and forty points for the twenty fourth overall pick in the first round. Thank you, Chris be our producer. And Chris, what's the number one overall?
Speaker 4: Three thousand?
Speaker 6: Okay? And so Chris, can you please tell me what number thirty one is? What is the thirty first pick? That's uh, six hundred okay. So the difference and the reason why I say thirty one is when we're talking about offensive line, one of the more recent trades that Jerry Jones made in the first round was going back in the draft, trading down and then ultimately taking Travis Frederick, who of course became a Pro Bowl center at thirty first overall. So the different the change from for example, twenty four to thirty one would be one hundred and forty points, right, seven forty to six hundred, So that would be so one hundred and forty would be what like something and maybe the third round or something like that, a fourth rounder, and so you.
Speaker 3: Have a ninetieth overall pick would.
Speaker 6: Be that ninetieth overall, So that's actually in the third round, ye later in the third rounds So, and Derek, I can tell by your feedback that you're familiar with this already. I have a question for you, Derek, You're from Springfield. Fun fact, Springfield is the most named like that, and the name of Springfield, the town is in the most states in the United States. That's the most ubiquitous name. Which state are you calling from?
Speaker 9: Missouris Springfield, Missouri?
Speaker 6: There you go. But that's the one reason. And isn't that the Simpsons, right.
Speaker 9: And uh bath Pro headquarters are here.
Speaker 6: In the world when one reason, one reason why the Simpsons use Springfield is because it's like the city that's in most states, and so people would think that it was Missouri or Illinois or whatever state they were in.
Speaker 5: Interesting, I wanted to answer your question about.
Speaker 6: Hey, thank you Derek.
Speaker 7: Derek, thank you for calling.
Speaker 4: It's a kind of surprised me too, because I thought that maybe they had an idea for maybe him to become the swing tackle, you know, this upcoming season. So whereas I think we've talked about it, like, I don't think that anything they do in the draft is in dick of what they think about an Awesome Richards. Maybe they do think that Awesome Richards is capable of being a swing or being a liable swing tackle, but yeah, it's just I mean gays are gonna go make their money. They're gonna go where they feel like it's best for them. I'm sure he a lot of things plays into that decision. But to his point, I was surprised as well, because I was like, oh, well, maybe they have a plan for him, you know here, but.
Speaker 6: Well and the Cowboys has resigned chum of the week before. Yeah, so that was kind of right on the wall.
Speaker 5: That's the other that's another fantastic point.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I mean, and I think health wise too, that could kind of play a factor into it. Is you kind of have to compare longevity here of the entire year, and I think Lael was was ready and amped up to kind of take that next step post injury and coming back here. And I think ultimately as a player, if you get the opportunity to come work with these doctors here and kind of get you ready again, I think he made the right choice for himself. And so good luck to Liyell.
Speaker 5: It was it was cool to be here.
Speaker 7: He was so excited.
Speaker 6: He he is a he is a favorite among teammates and those of us that have covered the team a long time. The good news for loelis he did get more money from Buffalo than Chiuma got here and more guaranteed. So his his one year, one point seventy five million dollar deal included a one point five million guaranteed, so he did get a little bit more ca Yeah, a little more cash. So that probably helped sweeten.
Speaker 5: The pot a little bit.
Speaker 3: Money talks, it is shame, best of luck to Liyel. But no, we've got to now pick Ayesha's brain about you have your eyes set on to possibly have here in Dallas. Start with who your I guess your first thoughts are.
Speaker 4: I mean so, I mean, I guess we could go through like some of the needs and all the things that you know we're looking at.
Speaker 3: But sorry, I just point this out. This is our very own draft show, please analyst own, so you know we're getting some insight right here, go ahead.
Speaker 4: It's so everyone is you know this this tackle class is loaded, right, It's very very heavy at the top, and so I think a lot of people expect for the Cowboys to go offensive line, you know, at the beginning of the draft or in the first round, and it does kind of complicate things because.
Speaker 5: I do think whoever is there could change.
Speaker 4: I don't know if Tyler Smith is gonna be your tackle or your guard, and I do think that that plays a role in whether they decide to take a tackle.
Speaker 5: Or a guard. I personally think that they might go the guard.
Speaker 4: But anyway, Yeah, we've been talking about on the show Kingsley Kingsley, Sue Maatia from BYU Tackle.
Speaker 5: I think to your point earlier, we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Coming downhill, being able to really fire off the ball, get to the.
Speaker 5: Second level, get to the second level as on that.
Speaker 4: We didn't see that much this past year, to really be able to control blocks down the field and stuff. Kingsley does this very well. I like his temperament. I like the way the fire that he kind of plays with as well. And so he's a guy that we've talked about on the show and nauseum that we would love to see.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: We have talked about some trade back and stuff scenarios as well to where we do feel like there may be opportunity to maybe go up and go get a guy. But he's one of the gentlemen that I think is semi likely, semi likely to fall to the to the cowboys in that way.
Speaker 5: However, there are.
Speaker 4: We talked about Christian Jones, who is a tackle out of Tackle, Texas. Rather talked about him a little bit last week, and I feel like, I uh, I feel like I did him a little wrong because when I watched.
Speaker 5: His film, I actually was more impressed with.
Speaker 4: Him than I think most of the guys were on the show when we talked about him.
Speaker 5: I think his athleticism stands out.
Speaker 4: I think he's still also too able to get off get up field and to do traps and things like that. So I think that there's a big possibility that the Cowboys may attack offensive line to start are to start the.
Speaker 6: Where where's his value? Oh so his projected value.
Speaker 4: His his projected value is probably in the second round. But but I do understand that with tackle, I do think there's some guys on the like I don't know, there's some guys in the later rounds or whatever that you could pick up that could come in and be but they need someone right now, like they need someone ready right now. Christian Jones also has a lot of experience, Like he's played a lot of ball. Some of these other top guys like Joe All and all these guys like I just don't see it happening. So yeah, so that's how I feel. Now we talked about linebacker. I definitely think the Cowboys are gonna attack linebacker or running back in the second round. So then you see, I don't know where linebacker is gonna fall, like how the board's gonna fall, because it's wide. Receiver happy in this draft and tackle happy in this draft. However, Edrin Cooper is a guy that people are very interested in from the linebacker position. He's so lengthy, does give you some of that De Marrion overshown field, but I think he's a little bit more refined because Texas gave him a job and let him stick to it. You know, de Marvion was just he was everywhere he started as a safety and things like that. So that's also a thing. But I but I do think that they could address running back.
Speaker 5: And Jonathan Brooks from Texas has been.
Speaker 4: Talked about kind of linked to the team a little bit, and he's coming off of an ACL talk to a couple of people. Don't know how ready he's gonna be. I know his U rehabits gone well and that things are kind of worked out for him in that regard, but he's I mean he immediately made sure running back of room better if he is ready to go by training camp time.
Speaker 6: But will he last to fifty six if the Cowboys don't make a move in the.
Speaker 5: I think he might because of the aco. I think he might because.
Speaker 4: Based on talent, based on the injury, because if you're going off of talent with him, he's it's like him and Trey Benson from Florida State, Like these these guys are the cream of the crop when you talk about the running back position. And I do think the Cowboys have to address running back or linebacker early because you need a media impact to me there like and then the longevity of it all.
Speaker 5: Like that that linebacker room right.
Speaker 4: Now is who is the marion over showing Jimone Clark Eric Kendricks who's on a one year deal right now, if I'm not mistaken, there's no lineage at this point, and I think you need to start sewing that for not just this season, but for next season as well. So those are those are a couple of guys that I think have a chance to get picked up by the Cowboys in that situation now in the third round. I personally think when we talk about defensive tackle, defensive tackle. You you might need defensive defensive tackle because.
Speaker 5: Well, I think you would be okay waiting to the third round. I think you would be decent if you waited to the third round.
Speaker 4: Typically DT, unless you are just like a star player, those guys typically don't get picked until maybe the I don't know, maybe the twenties and then the later parts of the first round. So you should and there should be unless there's just a run on them, which would make me thick.
Speaker 5: There should be some gentlemen that are.
Speaker 4: There in that third round, and there there is like a significant drop off in the talent.
Speaker 5: Indeed, the DT position the first of all.
Speaker 3: The talented up there right, It is like Byron Murphy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Byron Murphy.
Speaker 4: Those guys, Uh, I don't know why.
Speaker 5: I don't know why. His last name is Newton from Illinois.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I can't Chris say his name for me. I don't know why it's not registered to me DTT Illinois. Hold on Newton, Yes, Newton is Jerzon Jerzon Jersey Tater Tots.
Speaker 5: And then also to Tavandre Sweat.
Speaker 4: Who is a gentleman that's from Texas, big nose tackle the nose tackle. Almost a dyeing are out here in these streets, And I blame Dan Quinn. I'm I'm just playing no, no, no. I think we did see an influx. Like football is about trends, right, so you did see an influx of a lot of tweeters. You see that at the linebacker position, where these linebackers are getting lighter in the ass, excuse my language. And then you also see you also see from the detackle position, teams were looking for gentlemen who could rush the passer. However, you see some of the teams that have been successful, they got.
Speaker 5: That ham in the middle that can just muck things up.
Speaker 4: It makes it easier for your edges, it makes it easier for your d tackles or your your linebackers.
Speaker 5: And so having a guy in there that maybe.
Speaker 4: Can give you some pass rush but also too is able to host steady on double teams and things like that is going to be valuable. So I say all that to say.
Speaker 5: Johnny Newton, that's what he goes by. Okay, yeah, that's what he goes by.
Speaker 4: But even with Torvandre Sweat, there's been some things that have happened off the field, Some stuff that's happened. I don't know how far this is going to drop him. Any team that takes him is going to have to understand that they're taking on someone that is still developing, maturing and things like that as a man, as a person, but as a player, he's really gonna take up He's gonna take up some space and let you be able to operate as a defense. So he's a guy that may be false and maybe the cowboys who we've seen are not afraid to take some chances because they think that they have the guy. Oh yeah, tracking yeah. I think he's a guy that they're willing to. You look at the talent, it's so hard to ignore. Maybe he's a gentleman that they bring it here and they're willing to, you know, work through. I think they think they have the people in the building to cut a ground him.
Speaker 7: Would he be a plug and play kind of player.
Speaker 5: I think he could be.
Speaker 4: Now you do have to again, like he has some things he's working through, so you want to make sure that he's committed to the weigh ins and all that type of stuff and making sure that he's ready to go. But if you can get him to commit He's gonna definitely make your defensive interior better. Another guy, Dwayne Carter out of Duke Uh.
Speaker 5: He is a d tackle.
Speaker 4: I think that maybe he falls maybe into some of these later rounds. I don't think he gets out of the third personally, I mean fourth even so, and he's just filthy. He hasn't been the fourth or fifth round.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so so yeah, that's crazy because he was that Lets you know how much he has falling because yeah, like yes, it's that serious.
Speaker 5: It's it's that's it's that serious.
Speaker 4: But I guess Another third round guy for me is Brandon Dorless out of Oregon.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: He's a wild card when he comes when it comes to defensive line. I think that dann Quinn would have liked him, But I do think that Zimmer might really like him because he can play almost every spot on the defensive line, and he's so tall, so tall, lengthy, explosive.
Speaker 5: And he's really a pro.
Speaker 4: He's really a problem and one of the top tackles in the draft.
Speaker 5: His name is Troy Farshanu.
Speaker 4: He said that this was the Brandon was the best defensive and defensive tackle that he played against and he went up against some competition. He's a handful, so I think he could be there in the third round as well if you want to go that route. Now you start getting to the fourth round, you're starting to look for can this guy make an impact? But like what type of impact? You gotta have a plan for these guys, and I think the Cowboys might. If they don't go running back early, maybe they go running back a little bit later.
Speaker 5: And Kamani Vidao is a guy.
Speaker 4: That I really think he I think he has He's from Troy, they're leading all time leading rusher.
Speaker 5: The vision from him is important.
Speaker 4: Because we talk about this offensive line and how they operate the vision for him. He has a strong center of gravity. I think he can come in and make this uh this running back a little bit running back room a little bit more explosive.
Speaker 5: He can do some things in the passing game as well.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's there in that fourth round, fifth round and you're able to pick up a running back and get going. I do think they're gonna double dip ind linebacker.
Speaker 6: Though the burst in the open field he has, so.
Speaker 4: He's not I wouldn't say that Kamani is like gonna just run past you. But he does know how to attack angles. And I do like the fact that he does have the capability to get skinny. And get skinny means like the hole may not be as big, but he's able to. His vision allows him to see through it and find and find it. The breakaway speed is not crazy, but it's just enough, like he has just enough suddenness. I think he's a gentleman also as well that maybe you could see in that fourth fifth round that there may be curious about as far as linebacker goes, though, do you need to we need to go okay, cool cool, cool, cool cool going No, No, But as far as linebacker goes, I think there I do expect for them to maybe double dip at linebacker because it's so much of a niche. I think that they might even attack it in undrafted free agency as well. I don't think that that's something that they're gonna really play about. I guess there's a couple of guys that interest me, and I think they got a better look at Jordan McGee out of Temple as a gentleman that they have been linked to. They took a took a look at him. I think he was a thirty day visit, if not mistaken, but some of the guys that they liked at the Shrine Bowl. So like the Shrine Bowl was a luxury because the scouts and the coaches were able to get a good look at some of these guys. And Darius Mussou out of us U c l A is a guy that I do I think that he still can work on his reactions and some of the instinctiveness sometimes absolutely, but if you put him next to another linebacker that has that fire to him, he plays with that fire to him as well. He's not for mistaken, he's some owe. So he has that, he has the hair, he has the you know, the the grit or whatever the case may be. And maybe he's a gentleman that they're interested in and tiring hopper.
Speaker 5: Out of Missouri.
Speaker 4: Now, y'all ain't gonna like it when I say this, but he's a little not that big, y'all like he's he's he's a tad bit undersized to people's standards. He's two hundred and thirty one pounds, but the way that he operated on that Missouri defense and just the attitude that they play with where he's not afraid. He's not always listen. It's not always gonna be pretty with him. But he's not afraid to come downhill. He's not afraid to see the ball and go react and go get the ball. I saw some good things from him, and if I'm not mistaken, I think the Cowboys have met with him as well.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I think that I do think they're.
Speaker 4: Gonna have to double dip at the linebacker position. Now, I mean we didn't talk about it, but wide receiver is something that I'm hoping that they don't play about as well. This wide receiver class is very deep, extremely deep, and me and Brian, Me and Brian are on the same same wavelength when it comes to them. Maybe getting a guy like a Ricky Pearsyut from Florida who is a route god. I want to say he can he can call his own number. He has very strong hands and he also to just he plays with an elusiveness that I think with pair well of CD. Now, I know some people are looking at you lost Michael Gallup. Who is your fifty to fifty guy, Who is the guy that can go up in the red zone and make a difference and go up there and snack the ball at a high clip, and I think there's a lot I personally think there's a lot of gentlemen that can do that in this draft. I think we kind of last year it was a small draft. It was a lot of the gentlemen were shorter, a little bit more shifty, And now this year you were getting back to getting guys that have some more size on them again.
Speaker 5: And so.
Speaker 4: I do think that maybe I know a lot of people don't really like him, but I think Xavier Lagette out of South Carolina.
Speaker 5: Is somebody that people are going to take a chance on.
Speaker 4: This guy has been through the ringer when it comes to his life experiences and some of the things he's done with, but he's dealt with. But the temperament and how he plays and the physicalness of how he plays is reminiscent to me of how what you're looking for from a fifty to fifty guy and a guy to go up there and snag the ball out the air at a high clip. But Troy Flank, Troy Flank, Franklin's gonna get some.
Speaker 5: Love for me from Oregon, yo, yo.
Speaker 10: I mean.
Speaker 4: As far as his size goes. If I'm not mistaken. I think he's Yeah, he's six to one. Jesus is he. I know he ain't that, mom. I wasn't even prepared for that's slightly. I wasn't prepared for that. I wasn't prepared for him to be I don't remember him being that little. Now, a lot of people are mocking Exavier Worthy to.
Speaker 5: Text from Texas here. I don't see it. I don't see it like I mean I see it. I don't see it.
Speaker 4: I don't see it like that xavier' Worthy killed because he's he's a speedster and that's fantastic and he's able to you know, but.
Speaker 5: He but he little too.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think I do think it's important for them to kind of replenish that, the fact that you don't have a guy that's just that fifty to fifty red zone guy test the catches, being able to climb in the ladder or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 5: Like, I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think that they I think they should address that because you do have Brandon Cooks on another year another you do have him for another year. You're looking at Ceedee Lamb and hopefully he's gonna be here and everything's gonna be okay. Jaylen Tobert, I think came along last year and you got to see some things he's capable of. But you need to replenish that that room as well. Now, all these top receivers, I think they're gonna go. We wish for thinking and being able to grab one of those guys, but yeah, I do think I do think there's gonna be a receiver taking in this draft. I can see them definitely having to take a DT because there's you just don't got no depth there, baby, But you ain't got no depth there right now, and double dipping that linebacker offensive line, Maybe they go attack twice because you've lost the center too. Maybe they pick up a center later. But yeah, there's been a couple of names linked to the team right now, and we're just kind of keeping our ears low to the ground because it's just a bunch of rumors this point. But this draft, the first three picks, it's a lot of pressure on this team. Yes, there's a lot of pressure on this team to be able to get contributions. They're gonna need contributions from these guys early why they can't play games. So it really is I think I heard Steven mention it on the radio the other day. It sounds like they're really gonna go b p A. And I'm praying and fast and that they really do.
Speaker 5: B p A is best player, best player available.
Speaker 4: I apologize, yes, I mean, I'm really hoping that that's the case with them, because there might be we might look up in the first round and we think they're gonna pick an offensive lineman and they pick a receiver.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so don't freak out.
Speaker 4: So don't freak out, don't freak out, don't freak out.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I mean sorry.
Speaker 7: Together the day of the draft, let's just like who saw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because there's gonna be some people panicking because there's some things, you know. The hardest part of the draftman, is seeing our nemesiss get bitter like Billy. I was looking at Philly thirty and I was like, don't yeah, sony.
Speaker 7: People on there that I like don't add salt to the.
Speaker 5: Womb, so sick.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, thank you so much, Aisha. We're gonna take our second break, you boystalk persented by Jigsaw, the before dating partner, The Dallas Cowboys are very.
Speaker 11: Back at Jigsaw dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home. But to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating Partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 10: It's the crisp crunch, that first nut shoe chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for, a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 6: That's what I like.
Speaker 8: Twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Star magazine Draft Guide has in depth scouting reports. Here we go on the top college players with more than four hundred prospects, plus. There are breakdowns of the Cowboys needs at each position, look back at ten at ten years ago, to the team's dramatic draft, the annual first round mock draft, and more. Get your copy of the twenty twenty four Draft guide at your local pro shop or Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Star.
Speaker 3: All right, ladies, we've got two minutes before we have to go real fast. Aisha, if you are Jerry Jones, yes, put your Jerry Jones hat on. Who are you picking? Which position of me would you address early on? You kind of already touched on that, and.
Speaker 7: It's take one.
Speaker 3: You have to pick one.
Speaker 5: I have to pick one.
Speaker 4: Yep, Barnacles, that's more important. Do we need to stop the runner? Do we need to be able to run the ball?
Speaker 7: I mean both, really, both would be great.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be cliche, but I'm just I'm going to say offensive line.
Speaker 5: I think it's just it's it's a big deal. You lost two starters.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, tackle tackle tackle, tackle.
Speaker 6: Tackle, offensive line. I wouldn't be opposed to center if the tackle that I like is off the board. But if I had to predict, I would say offensive tackle.
Speaker 5: But I'm gooder early Well.
Speaker 6: It depends, it's nothing wrong with it. I see it more as trading down just a little bit kind of like they did. I've alluded to the Travis Frederick one earlier, so that you can pick up another pick, because remember you had traded your fourth round pick for trade lance. So I wouldn't if the tackle what no, I mean, but if you can go down to like third, third round and nab one of those DT's or an extra lineback or something. So yeah, anyway, but yes, if I had to predict its offensive line, which is.
Speaker 3: Actually I was gonna go probably left tackle, but there is a center. If we do go center, there's Jackson Powers Johnson Nott, Oregon that I know is a fan favorite that a lot of people are hoping comes here a lot.
Speaker 6: Did the mocks show him going before the Cowboys at twenty four, So we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 5: A lot of fun.
Speaker 3: We've got to go, though, we've got it.
Speaker 5: Five more days of the draft.
Speaker 3: We don't know about that shit, Yeah, just a week left of the draft.
Speaker 7: My days, you know, I thought today was Tuesday.
Speaker 6: One week from.
Speaker 3: Today, you know, one week from today, ladies, more speculation, Yes, if.
Speaker 6: You're watching live, if you're streaming, we don't know.
Speaker 3: But now the Draft Show will be airing Monday every day next week. Right, you'll have your very own Ayisha Morrison that will be an analyst on there, so make sure to check us out. But that'll be a wrap for today's episode. We'll see you all next week.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.