Speaker 1: This is media podcast. Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show a conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth and today we're joined by Jannis, Randall, Brody, Tresa, Christine Corey and Matt. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from Meat Eater's four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the Conservation organization of the winners choosing for the stat of the week. This week we're looking at Yannie's best and worst categories. Yanni, what do you think your strength is in Meat Eater Trivia? Hunting, fishing, conservation, cooking?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I bet it's a close tie between hunting and cooking.
Speaker 1: Your best category is cooking. You get seventy three percent of questions correct. That is the highest mark among all crew members.
Speaker 3: That's impressed.
Speaker 2: Seventy three highest mark in cooking or highest marking any particular in.
Speaker 1: Cook cooking, you're the best at answering cooking questions. Now, what do you think your weakest.
Speaker 2: Category is conservation?
Speaker 1: Your worst category is conservation, where you get fifty eight percent of questions correct. That is fifteen percent worse than Randall and nine percent worse than Brody.
Speaker 3: Know thyself, man, good job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's with the gap of knowledge there? You think between the cooking and conservation?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, I don't know if I'm one hundred percent for sure correct on this, but I might be the only one that actually worked in the kitchen professionally for more than six months, so that would give me the you know, the bump. And then I, you know, like I always say, I didn't get a PhD in hunting history like that guy did, and I probably just read a lot less than this guy does. Think that that, you know, that's where that conservation gap comes from.
Speaker 1: Yanni is such a pro in the kitchen that he even does the thing you're supposed to do in a kitchen where you say behind you if you're like walking behind someone. So you still do that all these years?
Speaker 2: Still corner corner corner? I don't know, I've never heard corner. What's that corner? Going through it? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, with a big tray hot now you know, Yanni, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cory says something really funny too when it comes.
Speaker 3: Is it naughty?
Speaker 2: Very we're not gonna, We're not gonna do leave the room, and then he'll say it for sure.
Speaker 5: I mean, I worked in restaurants for six years, so we had to get pretty clever.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, let's find out after the mics are off, and on average, Yannie gets sixty three percent of questions correct.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Now here's our Infrequently Asked Questions segment. If you have a Trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the Media do with the subject line I f a Q. Ben Stewart says, on one episode of Trivia, it was casually mentioned that Steve and Chester once wrestled and Chester pinned him. What's the story behind that? I don't know the answer, Ben. Does anyone in here know the Chester and Steve wrestling story? I assume someone was there. You might want to have saved that one for when Steve around well, Steve is rarely around him.
Speaker 2: If I had a bet on that one, I would have bet on Chess.
Speaker 3: Chester looks like a high.
Speaker 6: School and I would bet that Steve was like, I can beat you in wrestling, and then Chester Chester whipped you.
Speaker 1: Guys think it was ernest wrestling that happened, Like they were that happens on the shoots. Uh huh, Okay, well, we're gonna get someone in the room to canter like I've been on enough.
Speaker 4: Shoots to see if it's one of the first things that we do on shoots. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 2: We used to just throw rocks at like cans or bottles at you know, far distances and have bets on them. Some people used to get into some debt. Man, big time of dollars. You can do the Uh, no, you because I can hit shit with a rock.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 1: What's that thing where you like prop yourself up vertically?
Speaker 3: You guys used to do two headstands?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but it was like a certain kind like you had to do it a certain way against the wall, isn't it?
Speaker 2: I can't. I don't know, but yeah, plankoffs competitions for doing who can do the most pull ups on a branch?
Speaker 1: All right, Ben, We'll get somebody here who can tell you about the time Steven Chester wrestled on a future episode. We have some housekeeping to get to. On a recent episode of Trivia, we talked about Randy Neuberg and how he said he read the six thousand page Elk of North America book we debunked during that episode that it was not six thousand pages. Listener Caleb Pinner wrote in confirming that his copy is six hundred and twenty five pages. But he also shared something more interesting than that. His addition from nineteen eighty two has the price of thirty nine to ninety five printed on the cover. That is an expensive book in twenty twenty four, let alone in nineteen eighty two. Using an inflation calculator, that forty dollars book would cost one hundred and thirty four dollars today. But here's another plot twist. That book currently has far more demand than supply. The cheapest copy I could find is listed for two hundred and twenty dollars on Amazon. That's like if the book was new for sale in nineteen eighty two for sixty six dollars instead of forty dollars. So if anyone take care of my copy I got at home, you genuinely have one at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I've never read it fully, I've flipped through it quite often, but I've never sat. I mean, it's a big, old textbook.
Speaker 1: Basically two hundred and twenty dollars textbook that you got there. You could flip that for a nice little profit. Now, Yannie, Now.
Speaker 2: I'm an ang on toop. My mother in law gave me that for Christmas one year.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, was that kind of an insult, like he needs help? Or what was the deal?
Speaker 2: I know it was on my list of things that I would like to receive.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, it's a good present. You look at it and see what year it is and what the price tag for that year. Now, the Shelby INDEXP for today is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers. And with that we're onto the game of trivia the drought.
Speaker 2: Real quick question. Do you ever get anybody that writes in and it's like, guy, you guys, bullshit, wait too much. I'd like you guys just to hurry up and get to the game.
Speaker 1: I try to keep it under ten minutes so that does not happen. But I think if we if we went longer, if this was like a fifteen minute banter up top, I imagine folks would complain.
Speaker 2: And that's understandable, all right, So I didn't let us know what you think? All right? Play the drought?
Speaker 1: Now, look, I need to know what I stand to win everything. I'm saying, just tend to win everything. Game On Suckers Question one, the topic is conservation. This first great question is via Bob Nielsen, and as always it will be multiple choice.
Speaker 4: This is your worst category.
Speaker 1: In what tragic way did all Though Leopold die? Is it had a heart attack while fighting a grass fire, kicked in the stomach by a neighbor's loose horse, flipped a canoe on the Mississippi on Christmas Eve, were crushed by an invasive white poplar tree he was riding about? In what tragic way did all though Leopold die? Here are the four choices. Had a heart attack while fighting a grass fire, kicked in the stomach by a neighbor's loose horse, flipped a canoe on the Mississippi on Christmas Eve? Or crushed by an invasive white poplar tree he was riding about.
Speaker 3: Randal, You know this one, I do.
Speaker 4: This is one of those fun questions to write, though as you start, you know, and then you come up with three equally dramatically tragic demises.
Speaker 1: My favorite board game of all time is balder Dash, and you basically do that in the game. The game would be like, uh, you know what tragic way did all the Leopold die? And then you would have all the players create a fake answer and there would be a real answer in there as well, And you're trying to bluff everyone.
Speaker 6: Your a game, guy, Have you played that? Escalated quickly. No, it's a game my kids want. Seems kind of cool.
Speaker 1: My wife usually gets me a board game or two for Christmas, so maybe it's under the tree this year. Again, your four choices for how all the Leopold die? Grass fire, heart attack, kicked by a horse, flipped a canoe, crushed by invasive tree. Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Christine saying canoe, Tresa says kicked by a horse, Matt kicked by a horse, Randall grass fire, heart attack, Corey flipped a canoe, Yanni says grass fire heart attack, and Brody says flipped the canoe on Christmas Eve. The correct answer is he had a heart attack while fighting a grass.
Speaker 3: I got a question, What do you got? I got a question? Did the fire kill him or was he killed by a heart attack?
Speaker 1: He was killed by the heart attack. He had the heart attack while he was fighting the grass fire.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, Like would you have had that heart attack anyway?
Speaker 2: I bet not.
Speaker 1: I imagine it was a cause and effect, like if someone had a heart attack while they were dragging a deer out of the woods near Yeah, heart attack? On did he get burned up in the fire. I don't have all those details.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I do know. Rand died.
Speaker 3: Leopold died on.
Speaker 1: April twenty first, nineteen forty eight, at sixty one years old. This was just one week after his manuscript for a Sand County Almanac was accepted by Oxford University. Leopold had the heart attack while helping a neighbor fight a grass fire, collapsing less than one hundred yards from where the Aldo Leopold Legacy Center stands today. So if you go to that Legacy center, you're right near where he had that heart attack. Question two. The topic is woodsmanship. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Carson Spa. For sending this great question. Carson is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the Medeater dot com This beer is named after the tallest mountain in Washington.
Speaker 3: Some good stuff too.
Speaker 1: Now you're speaking my language, okay, Corey Randall. Everyone's quick to answer. This may be a one hundred big big beer drinkers in this room.
Speaker 4: Whenever I'm around Cow, these things are always in close proximity.
Speaker 1: This beer is named after the tallest mountain in Washington. There have been some hints dropped.
Speaker 3: If you know, I'm in the cairn at the Bank bar and Clyde Park.
Speaker 1: Oh Yanni is revisiting his answer. This beer is named after the tallest mountain in Washington.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking, okay, a couple of big mountains in Washington.
Speaker 1: Or how well do you know what Calm Brody liked to drink? Oh?
Speaker 4: I forget how tall mount Becks?
Speaker 1: Is Mount bud Light?
Speaker 2: Well, that's Sierra Nevada is a tall mountain.
Speaker 1: Range Brody has done some riding. Is everybody riding ready?
Speaker 2: Everybody loves Becks.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Christine and Tresa saying Rainier. Tresa crossed out Olympus. Matt says Rainier. Randall Rainier, Corey and Jannis and Brody say Rainier they got it. The correct answer is Rainier. That was a one hundred percenter.
Speaker 3: You had me worry. It was only there for a second.
Speaker 2: Did callous?
Speaker 4: Did cal give that answer away?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I just kept thinking and yeah.
Speaker 1: Rainier beer was first brewed in Seattle in eighteen seventy eight, which is eleven years before Washington even became a state. During Prohibition, the beer had to move to California and then to Canada before returning to Washington. Mount Rainier is fourteen thousand, four hundred and seventeen feet tall, making it the fifth tallest mountain in the Lower forty eight. Question three the topicus cooking R spidermin R. I like that one, Alry, I plan on using that maybe this weekend.
Speaker 2: Even Yeah, A lot of bartenders don't know that one.
Speaker 1: It's pretty sad, do you know? Do you know? Uh?
Speaker 8: I know about vitamin R because of Twilight. That was Bella's dad's favor beer. Oh I'm sorry for.
Speaker 3: The next episode.
Speaker 2: I have been to for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my wife was a big Twilight fan. She was the right age for that series. So we had to stop and she took a picture in front of the welcome to Forks sign.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I went steel heading out there with a buddy, and then it was just kind of had forgotten about twilight, but then you get there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't forget.
Speaker 1: Don't forget about question three. The topic is cooking. Zesty, sharp, and tart are synonyms for this five letter word that's defined as quote having a powerfully stimulating odor or flavor. We had a one hundred percenter on question two. We may have a zero percenter on question three. Zesty, sharp, and tart are synonyms for this five letter word that's defined as having a powerfully stimulating odor or flavor. Randall the first player to come up with an answer. Do you have this one right? Randall?
Speaker 3: It's a possibility.
Speaker 1: He's grinning.
Speaker 4: He really likes No, No, no, it's that was a grimace. I kind of had to think at the end. Yeah, that's a grimace.
Speaker 1: Zesty, sharp, and tart are synonyms for this five letter word, and it's defined as having a powerfully stimulating odor or flavor.
Speaker 3: Use your word of powers, you're honest.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, that's a five letter game, isn't it. I feel like they're reaching the end of the dictionary, so they've probably used this word at some point. Zesty tart are synonyms for this five letter word. It's defined as having a powerfully stimulating odor or flavor.
Speaker 3: What if the word I came up with is also a cineme doesn't have this.
Speaker 1: It needs to have this exact definition, which I pulled from Merriam Webster's thesaurus, having a powerfully stimulating odor or flavor.
Speaker 4: Boy, I'm just trying to think of the my answers to see mine is more odor specific?
Speaker 1: I do our other players? Give up? Hold on Brody revisiting his whiteboard?
Speaker 4: Maybe I need to stop talking.
Speaker 1: Should keep the perfect game going for Randal if he's right, zesty, sharp and tart, Phil, would you get this one right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Okay, Wow, A little hint and an insult, Phil.
Speaker 8: It's hard Sometimes it's hard to me to gauge once I've seen the answer, because I like, did it? Would I have thought of that without having seen it before?
Speaker 2: I'd like, yes, Brody, is it mean?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean there's I think there's a lot of blank whiteboards, but you're probably the only one left.
Speaker 3: And they wanted more chit chat, so let's just chick.
Speaker 1: Chat, Yanni.
Speaker 2: I just came up with a six letter one.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe spell it.
Speaker 4: Wrong, Brodie, how many vowels does your answer have depends which word?
Speaker 3: I circle one has one, vowel one has to Okay.
Speaker 1: How many vowels does he one has?
Speaker 6: That would letter that's sometimes a vowel and sometimes not a vowel.
Speaker 3: I think that's how it's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want to tell how many vowels my answer has five.
Speaker 3: It's all vweves.
Speaker 1: It's Italian or it's from Yeah, it doesn't have any vowls. O God, sharp and tart are synonyms for this five letter word that's defined as having a powerfully stimulating odor or flavor. Sticking with my first answer, it's a shockingly difficult question. Brody's not going to change his answer. But he showed me his whiteboard, and I'll say that one of his answers was correct.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, so I hope it was the right one.
Speaker 1: Yanni, we're waiting on you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, go ahead, Cory, go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 1: We have Christine saying tangy, Tresa says spicy, Matt says sweet, Randall says acid acrid, Cordy says zippy, Giannis says mommy, Brody crossed out umami and went with tangy. The correct answer. It's tangy, bro and Christine got well that one.
Speaker 2: Right, Christine.
Speaker 1: Tangy flavors are often described as having a slight sourness with acidic notes. Cuisines that use a lot of tangy flavors include Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, Mediterranean, and Caribbean. Some foods that are considered tangy include vinegar, sauer kraut, kimchi, pickles, yogurt, berries, and citrus fruit.
Speaker 2: God, I was even thinking about sauer kraut kimchi, and like what you call that? Tangy? Did not come to mind?
Speaker 3: Was your sixth letter word?
Speaker 2: Did I?
Speaker 3: Did I happen to see that you wrote down?
Speaker 1: Skanky?
Speaker 2: Stinky?
Speaker 1: Question for the topic is natural history? In what city is the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History located?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in what city is the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History located? Randall, you have this one right?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 1: Have you been here before many times? Oh? Wow, Yanni, do you have this one right?
Speaker 2: Good guess?
Speaker 1: Okay, Brody, I just.
Speaker 3: Get it mixed up with another thing.
Speaker 4: I'd just like to point out that on the previous question. Had I not known that one of Brody's two answers was correct? I've known mine was wrong when you didn't pronounce it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Whatever, Spencer looks the whiteboard and it's like he's never seen that before.
Speaker 3: It really takes the wind out of yourself.
Speaker 1: Yes again. Question four, natural history? In what city is the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History located?
Speaker 3: Well, you really hit the topic right that you hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 2: But this one.
Speaker 1: Have you been to this place?
Speaker 2: Brody?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Long time ago?
Speaker 1: Okay, Gianness is now squinting trying to think of where Brody may have been a long time ago. Anyone else to this place?
Speaker 4: We know he was in Pennsylvania?
Speaker 1: Have been there? Matt? What do you remember looking at at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History?
Speaker 4: Without providing anything?
Speaker 2: That's too They had a really really.
Speaker 3: Cool Egyptian exhibit was really interesting.
Speaker 1: I was looking at their website last night.
Speaker 5: Any was there a NonStop flight from Bozeman to get.
Speaker 2: Oh Man? I think it might be the other one I'm.
Speaker 1: Thinking of, Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I'm gonna switch. I'm gonnawitch. Let me write down without that one.
Speaker 1: I think the Egyptian thing is permanent there at the museum. I was looking at their website last night. They currently have a new exhibit about the mega toothed shark that I'd like to see, Megalodon mega toothed, which I don't think is the megal I thought that was just a pseudonym. Go ahead, head and reveal your answers. We have saying Chicago treesa without an answer. Matt says Washington d C. Randall Washington d C. Cory says Chicago. Jannis crossed out Washington d C and put Chicago. Brody says Washington d C.
Speaker 2: He got it.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is Washington d C. The Smithsonian is the world's largest museum, education, and research complex. It was created in eighteen forty six by the federal government quote for the increase and diffusion of knowledge. The institute is famous for their seventeen museums, the most visited of which is the National Museum of Natural History. How to get its name the Smithsonian. I think it's named after a British person, John Smith. No, I think his name was Smithsonian.
Speaker 2: I mean Smith doesn't Chicago also have a really good New York.
Speaker 1: City the Field Museum in Chicago, and New York City has the American Museum of Question five, the topic is hunting. This next great question is via Nathan Noble. What does b C stand for as in a bullets BC? What does b C stand for as in a bullets BC? This is question five. Will be a scoreboard update from Phill the engineer after this.
Speaker 4: There's a family of elephants in the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History that I believe we're all killed.
Speaker 3: By t R oh interesting whole family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could be wrong on that.
Speaker 1: That's the perfect thing to put in a museum.
Speaker 2: I wonder what BC his bullet had great?
Speaker 3: I bet it was probably.
Speaker 2: Phil.
Speaker 1: Are you going to be doing the scoreboard updates next week as well?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 2: Is this a one man show? Negative? Oh, it's going to be a one man show. I don't know how it's going to go.
Speaker 8: It's mostly an exercise in masochism. I'm kind of I'm willing to give it a shot.
Speaker 1: Phil.
Speaker 4: I added that factoid, and now I'm second guessing myself. Would you please look up whether there's a family of elephants killed by Theodore Roosevelt at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.
Speaker 2: Sure, thank you, good enough for me again.
Speaker 1: Question five, what does BC stand for? Is in a bullet BC.
Speaker 2: It takes longer to write the answer then for you to ask the question. Here's a hint. That's a hint.
Speaker 1: Five of our players are very confident. Two or not? Are you too ready scene doing some scribbling, Go ahead and reveal your answers. Christine says big caliber. Tresa says bullet cartridge. Matt and Randall, and Corey and Giannis and Brody say ballistic coefficient. They got it. The correct answer is Bliss coefficient. Ballistic coefficient is how you track a projectile's ability to resist air drag. Simply put, the higher the number, the faster it flies down range, and the less and the less it drops. BC takes into account a bullet's weight, diameter, and shape. Phil we're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a leaderboard update.
Speaker 8: Tress us in last place with one point. Coming up next our Corey and Christine two points apiece, Jiannis Putellus. Matt Miller have three points and tied up in first place are Brody and Randall with.
Speaker 1: Four points, tracking perfectly. Anybody's a Shelby Index. Question six, the topic is conservation in this next great question is via Luke Pern. This fish, which was considered the same species as Dolly Varden until nineteen seventy eight, is federally listed as threatened. Question six, the topic is conservation. This fish, which was considered the same species as Dolly Varden until nineteen seventy eight, is federally listed as threatened. You have this one right, Randall? I hope so? Okay? How about you? Corey got it?
Speaker 3: Matt?
Speaker 1: Do you have a chance getting this one right?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 1: Any chance, okay at all? Has anybody caught one of these fish? I have brod.
Speaker 6: Where an unnamed stream and after Spencer.
Speaker 1: Do you have this one right, Yanni?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure I do, okay.
Speaker 8: Although Roosevelt's name does not appear on the display, one of the museum's most spectacular exhibits the group of eight elephants in the center of the acle. Eight Lee Hall of African Mammals includes an elephant shot by Roosevelt in nineteen oh nine during his African expedition, so it seems like only one of those elephants.
Speaker 1: The details but that's fun.
Speaker 2: Might have to take the kids there just to see that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I used to guide strictly for these fish eight years.
Speaker 1: I knew that. I didn't want to put that out there.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, health some players.
Speaker 5: We don't talk about it other than that, though.
Speaker 1: This fish, which was considered the same species as Donny Varden until nineteen seventy eight. He's federally listed as threatened. Yanni is revisiting his answer now based.
Speaker 2: On No, he wasn't guiding for my answer.
Speaker 1: That's what I was worried about. Oh, Cory, you're a point behind Yanni. You uh, you don't need to give him too many ends.
Speaker 2: But now if it's wrong, my original one was right.
Speaker 3: And he knows you're good.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: Randall is doing some racing. I just yeah, just some cleaning, Yeah, cleaning up a little bit. Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We had Christine saying grayling, Tressa says permit, Matt says cutthroat, Randall says char Corey says bol trout. Giannis crossed out char and wrote down bowl trout. Brody says bull trout. The correct answer is bull trout. This side of the table. Got that one right.
Speaker 3: Now, Corey.
Speaker 6: How are you able to guide for these things when it's illegal to target them.
Speaker 5: There's one river in Lower forty eight where you can target.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know what we're talking about. I won't mention it now.
Speaker 2: You know we got that out right.
Speaker 3: When I was fishing for.
Speaker 6: These things, I wasn't accidentally definitely wasn't targeting them.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's too funny in and around the rivers that they occupy. You go to the fly shop and they're like, now, remember, don't target them. And then you look at the brag board. It's nothing but people holding up giant bull trout.
Speaker 1: Well, on the stream I was fishing, it was like spawning season in Montana. Okay, he's not going to give it away.
Speaker 2: You didn't have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was we there in Idaho too, aren't they?
Speaker 2: West Virginia's got to copoys?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 6: There were two bull trout researchers on the stream I was on, counting reds like spawning beds. They were not pleased with us, and then they're like, you know, there's a lot of grizzly bears in here.
Speaker 5: They do go hand in hand.
Speaker 1: Bull trout were confused by anglers and biologists until nineteen seventy eight, when the Ohio State University demonstrated that they are distinct species from Dolly Varden. They did so through genetic testing, which showed that populations in the Lower forty eight are different from those in Alaska. The bull trout has been listed as threatened as a threatened species since nineteen ninety nine, with their greatest threats being habitat loss, climate change, non native fish, and Brody Henderson.
Speaker 3: Of course I've caught like two because the.
Speaker 1: Stream though question seven, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: I wasn't like there illegally.
Speaker 2: We get you question what the first time I saw one come out of the depths as as we were like skipping like a ten inch rainbow across the surface to the net, and all of a sudden, this leviathan comes out of the depths and takes a swipe at it. Pretty special, it's cool. And then we try to find the largest streamers we had.
Speaker 1: In the boat, Brody. They are and found in Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon and historically in a few other states. Question seven the topic is cooking. Ironically, this French food that translates to fresh cream is often compared to sour cream. This is question seven. Ironically, this French food that translates to quote fresh cream is often compared to sour cream. Randal and Brody quick to answer, you boys have this one right.
Speaker 4: I believe so, but I've lost all confidence now that last question.
Speaker 5: I feel like I learned this in the south Park episode.
Speaker 1: I know what you're talking about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, spelling counts to it.
Speaker 1: There's a few hints regarding spelling and Randy Marsh Ironically, this French food that translates to fresh cream is often compared to sour cream.
Speaker 6: I think there's scale at which, like spelling does count, because I just saw how Yanni wrote, Oh, everybody's.
Speaker 2: Doing it that way so that Spencer can easily read it and pronounce it.
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Christine and Tresa and Matt and randall the entire room says cremfresh.
Speaker 3: Everybody correct.
Speaker 1: Cramfresh. Food Network describes Cremfresh as tasting rich and look at this callback tangy. It can be served in a variety of ways, like as a topping on veggies or meat, or in soups. Or mashed potatoes. Danielle Pruitt uses it as a spread on her venison steak sandwiches, a recipe you can get on the meat eater dot Com.
Speaker 2: Question eight.
Speaker 1: The topic is wildlife and this next great question is via Jaden Paxton. According to Audubon, juvenile bald eagles are quote the source of many misidentifications of this other bird. According to Audubon, juvenile bald eagles are the source of many misidentifications of this other bird. Brody Randall, Cory Yanni, and Matt All quick to answer this.
Speaker 3: We sell of these.
Speaker 1: This weekend. Take off the juvenile, the legit.
Speaker 4: The big boy.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no, he's just gonna quit now. Christine is revisiting her answer. Christine one, right, Well, I really thought Randall was worried he was giving too much of a hint.
Speaker 3: And now we're getting.
Speaker 1: Thrown off one of the players. According to Audubon, juvenile bald eagles are the source of many misidentifications of this other bird. I think I have had this misidentification multiple times. I don't think I've ever seen the other bird. But the question is asking for is everybody ready?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, and your answers.
Speaker 1: We have Christine saying golden eagle, Tresis says Vulture, Matt and Randall and Corey, and the Honest saying golden eagle. The correct answer is golden eagle.
Speaker 3: You've definitely seen.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you about their populations here at the end of the factoid, which is why I'm skeptical that I've ever seen the real thing. Golden eagles and juvenile bald eagles are about the same size and color. Audubon says the birds brown heads, and Birder's wishful thinking cost so many misidentifications. In America. There are only thirty thousand golden eagles compared to three hundred and twenty thousand bald eagles, So only thirty thousand of those things gold I think, but I'm skeptical. I'm not as willing to be like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: We saw scene ten for takeoff of a fence post from like thirty yards away as we're driving.
Speaker 6: If you drove around, if you drove around in eastern Montana right now, just driving down roads looking for road killed deer or elk, you see a golden egle.
Speaker 1: I just assume when I'm looking at one that I'm seeing a juvenile. I'm too chaciteristic about it.
Speaker 4: Have some faith in yourself, Spencer, geez, Phil.
Speaker 1: We have two questions left. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 8: Trusted in Christine. I think you're a little too far behind to catch up to the leaders of the pack.
Speaker 2: Whom are? Who are? I don't know who? You tell me, Randall?
Speaker 1: Who are?
Speaker 8: Matt and Corey have five points? Randall and Giannis have six and in first place he pulled ahead. It's Brody Henderson was seven.
Speaker 1: Corey shaking his head looking in Giannis's direction because he gave him the bull trout answer.
Speaker 5: I'll take a bone when you have time.
Speaker 1: He'll buy a Vitamin R later maybe two. Question nine, the topic is hunting. This NASCAR drive, who was nicknamed the Intimidator, was featured on Real Trees, Best of Monster Bucks Volumes one, three, and seven.
Speaker 3: Do you have those in your video library? Brand No?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: The only hunting DVDs of this style that I own are Hounds in Hot Pursuit Volumes one and two.
Speaker 1: That's probably like that Elk of North America book where.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're phenomenal hounds and hot.
Speaker 4: Randall will sell it to you yeah, I used to watch these all the time.
Speaker 2: What are they chasing everything?
Speaker 4: There's one where deer, no animals that go in trees? No, no, they do kill They do kill a pig too. But there's a they go and shoot a lynx in Canada. And the guy who's like running the dog like the guide is wearing like a one.
Speaker 1: Piece ski suit from the seventies.
Speaker 2: It's like Neon colors and stuff like what is it VHS DVD.
Speaker 1: To be a mediater movie club? But only Randall gets to participate that week. Oh, it's a great, it's a great.
Speaker 2: Uh, I forgot the question again.
Speaker 1: Question nine topic is hunting? This an S car driver who was nicknamed the Intimidator was featured on Real Trees Best of Monster Bucks Volumes one, three, and seven. For those of you who got it right, is it because of the nickname the Intimidator or because you remember this person was featured on some hunting DVDs?
Speaker 3: Never seen these DVDs? Okay maybe I haven't. I don't know it, but I only i've seen them.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Intimidator, the nickname Matt. You have this one right, Okay?
Speaker 3: You know you put a clue up on the board. Yes, some people might not realize.
Speaker 1: Mm, who is everybody ready? What?
Speaker 2: Yanna?
Speaker 1: You give up?
Speaker 2: No, I don't even know.
Speaker 5: Oh, I see what true.
Speaker 3: Devil's in the details, Yanni?
Speaker 2: Oh like his number is in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I thought it was something else. Go ahead and reveal your an to be very stemic. We have Christine Saying Dale Earnhardt, Tressa says Dale Earnhart. She crossed out Junior, Matthews says Dale Earnhardt, Randall says Dale Earnhart Senior, Corey says Dale Earnhardt Senior, Yanni Dale Earnhart, Brodie Dale Earnhart.
Speaker 3: Everybody got it correct?
Speaker 1: The correct answer is dart.
Speaker 2: What's your problem?
Speaker 1: I don't think he was. Was he actually senior? Was it just junior?
Speaker 3: Like, man, if it was junior, I would wrote, Junior, come on, now.
Speaker 2: You get it because it was so far back. I'm like, I'm gonna go with daddy.
Speaker 1: Now you're saying the hint was that number three was in there?
Speaker 2: I thought was.
Speaker 1: Because Dale Earnhardt Junior once told a story of his dad catching a poacher on their North Carolina farm. In nineteen ninety three, Senior heard a gunshot on his property, found the dead big buck, and then waited for the poacher. When the poacher got to the deer, earn Hard emerged from the bushes and ran the man down. When he caught him, he punched the man in the face so hard that he broke his hand. Earnhardt had to wear a cast after that, but lied about how he got it because he didn't want more people knowing about the big bucks on his farm. Dale Earnhardt S, thank you, Mark. Here's a correct answer. Review so far. Number one heart attack while fighting a grass fire two Rainier three Tangy four Washington DC five coey Fishent six bolt Trout seven Cremfresh eight Golden Eagles nine. Dale Earnhardt S. Phil, give this a scoreboard up date one last time.
Speaker 8: All right, Brodie is still in the lead with eight points, but Giannis and Randall have seven and can catch up if Brody slips.
Speaker 1: Here's question ten. The topic is fishing.
Speaker 2: Pretty greasy and here it's icy.
Speaker 1: Bass Master started hosting tournaments for this fish in two thousand and three, with the twenty twenty four Cup held at Florida's Appalachicola Bay. Bass Master started hosting tournaments for this fish in two thousand and three, with the twenty twenty four Cup held at Florida's appalachic Cola Bay. Brody, who has a one point lead, was the quickest to answer, Brody, do you have this one right? We'll find out, Randal, do you have this one feeling pretty good? I guess I don't know.
Speaker 4: I had a gut instinct and I'm just trusting it like Daylor and Art Senior would have done.
Speaker 5: I never know the statistic of your question ten questions. I feel like majority of the time they fall under fishing.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's true. I also don't have a way of tracking it without manually going back and looking at every episode, so you can be right cool.
Speaker 8: I'm kind of with Corey. I've noticed that too. I don't know how accurate it is.
Speaker 5: Well, and most of the time Brody's in the lead by one and it's fishing question.
Speaker 8: This is rigged.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just you know nice.
Speaker 1: Brody's a big bass Master fan, as we all know. Bass Masters started hosting tournaments for this fish in two thousand and three, with the twenty twenty four Cup held at Florida's Apalachicola bay.
Speaker 7: What you got.
Speaker 2: What kind of bird is that on your hat?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 6: I think like a hunt ye, I think, yeah, chucker chucker, might be a chucker devil bird.
Speaker 3: No, it was on the free table, so I took that.
Speaker 1: I like when your kids come into the office, it doesn't matter if it's Yanni's, Brody's, or Steve's, they go right to the.
Speaker 2: Free table hats. Like, whatever you guys take, just make sure it did not come from our house.
Speaker 1: I think that has happened to the Rinella's before. I heard Steve tell one of the kids as they were walking out the door that he just brought that in. It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Christine saying tarpin, she crossed out reds. Tressa says bass, Matt says largemouth bass, Randall says snook, Cory says crappie, Yannis says peacock bass. Brody, this is redfish.
Speaker 2: I like having a different answer than Brody.
Speaker 1: We have a correct are in the room. It's redfish, making Brody our winner with nine rap dancers.
Speaker 6: Definitely, because like bass guys and redfish guys like use a lot of the same shit man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Friend of the show.
Speaker 1: Brandon Paulinik competed in this Year'sdfish. He got third place, But let me tell you about what else happened there. Gary Moreno and Tony Vader won the twenty twenty four bass Master Redfish Cup in October, but were disqualified a month later. The Anglers failed to pass a polygraph test after a competitor protested that they broke Rule five. Rule five covers the practice policies, indicating the Anglers were either pre fishing Appalachicola Bay in the three weeks leading up to the tournament, or they solicited information during the tournament from someone outside of the competition. As a result, the second place team, Mike Fournett and Mark Robinson were declared the winners and Brandon Polinic's team got third place, but after the dq they ended up getting second.
Speaker 4: Don't we all know that polygraphs are questionable in their accuracy.
Speaker 1: I'd like that Master uses that I think we've all moved on, except I'd like they didn't have any details on their website besides saying this team broke rule five by failing this polygraph. I'd like to know what specifically happened and who ratted them out? Yeah, Phil uh Any Final updates here. Brody wins with nine points, followed by Randall and Giannis with seven, Cordy and Matt with six. Brody as the winner. You get to choose with a five hundred dollars donation from me. Eater goes what's it going to be in order to.
Speaker 6: In the last couple of years, there's been a bill introduced in Pennsylvania and to end Sunday hunting or to allow Sunday hunting. They have like three Sundays you're allowed to hunt now.
Speaker 1: But this Blue Laws.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this bill would make all you know, every Sunday legal. And it's like both times that bill has been tabled without ever being voted on.
Speaker 3: It just happened again a few days ago.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna donate the money to Pennsylvania BHA to help them get this thing kind of across the finish line, hopefully in the next year.
Speaker 1: So hard to fathom though that still exists. Yeah, and it used to be a lot of the pushback was from the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau.
Speaker 3: For various reasons.
Speaker 6: Trespassing maybe was one of them, but they're like other issues but now the Farm Bureau is on board because Pennsylvania's deer population is high and they're damaging crops and things like that. So with the Farm Bureau on board, hopefully it gets across the finish well.
Speaker 2: I saw some dandy bucks come out of Pennsylvania this year.
Speaker 1: Makes you wish you could hunt on Sundays. There Brody sending five hundred dollars to the Pennsylvania BHA and Mary Chris everyone. This episode is coming out on Christmas Day. Our next episode is New Year's Day, which as a reminder, you should come listen because Phil Taylor is going to be hosting that. It's going to be a fundle very excited. Join us next week for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 2: Thank Spencer Christmas.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth mellow tones. He lays them questions down, and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks. It is an avid amateur
Speaker 3: Lock