Speaker 1: Welcome back to a Numbers Game with Ryan Gerdosky. Thank you guys for being here. Happy Friday everyone, we made it through another week. This is going to be our last episode on AI. It was AI Week. Next week we're going to right back to politics, right back to polling and the midterms and all that good stuff. I'm hopefully going to announce some pretty big guests coming up in the future very soon, and some things have been working on to really elevate this podcast to the next level. So I'm very excited for that and we'll see where that goes. So on this episode, I want to talk about AI and what the numbers say about how Americans are feeling about the AI revolution and what is going on with our entire world when it comes to AI, because there's an obvious hostility that you can feel in the streets that you could just talk to people and it's very palpable. This big backlash not even among just people organizing against AI, like on the left and stuff and against data centers, but just regular people. You may have seen in the last few days at these college graduation ceremonies, a number of commencement speakers have been booed for even mentioning AI during their speeches. In the case, let's say you missed it. If you missed it, here's a clip of exte Google CEO Eric Schmidt speaking at the University of Arizona last December.
Speaker 2: Time magazine selected its person view for twenty twenty five, and with this time it was the architects of Artificial Intelligence. Interesting. It will touch every profession, every classroom, every hospital, every laboratory, every person, and every relationship you have. I know what many of you are feeling about that. I can hear you. There is a fear.
Speaker 1: We do not know.
Speaker 2: We do not know the precise contours of what this transformation will look like. Choose a diversity of perspectives including let me add and if you if you'd let me make this point please.
Speaker 3: If you don't care about science.
Speaker 2: That's okay, because AI is going to touch everything else as well. Whatever path you choose, AI will become part of how work is done. If you have a pro problem in the world you want to solve, you can now assemble a team of AI agents to help you with the parts that you could never accomplish on your own.
Speaker 1: Let me give you some advice.
Speaker 2: First, find a way to say yes and thank you very much and good night.
Speaker 1: I give him credit after, you know, being booed like that for the first I mean, he was like, no, I'm just gonna I'm as dig to it. I'm gonna keep getting booed. And he just kept getting booed. I mean, there's something to say about that. But he wasn't the only one. Gloria Clawfield, a real estate executive, was met with similar responses over the University of Florida play clib too.
Speaker 4: Now that said, we are living in a time of profound change. That's an understatement, right, profound change. Change is exciting, very exciting, and let's face it, change can be daunting. The rise of artificial intelligence is the next industrial revolution? WHOA what happened? Okay? I struck a chord? May I finish?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Only a few years ago, AI was not a factor in our lives, all right, Okay, we've got a bipolar topic here, I see, okay, And now AI capabilities are in the palm of our hands, and and oh I love it, passion, let's go. Okay.
Speaker 1: There were more speeches. I'm not going to get into all of them, but you can obviously see where I'm going with this, So let's talk about the numbers, right, What does it say not only on the college campus, I mean grade wuation ceremonies, but a broad level of where the numbers are when it comes to AI and how people are feeling about it. Americans are concerned about AI, and that concern has grown over time. According to Pew Research, the amount of Americans who are more excited than concern was at eighteen percent in twenty twenty one. Now it's at ten percent, and those who are more concerned than excited whereas at thirty seven percent in twenty twenty one, and now it's at fifty percent. So you see the clear trajectory where it's going. They believe it will make it harder. The people believe that AI will make it harder to think creatively, to form meaningful relationships and make difficult decisions. The only field that people think AI will be more of a positive than a negative according to this Pew Research study, is medical care. The area that they think that what the worst effect is on personal relationship, news, and elections. They believe that it will only increase social distrust and continue to work down our fraying institutions. Of course, this isn't all people. AI experts, of course, think that AI will be more of a positive than an egga fifty six percent to fifteen percent. That margin a yoga pull on it. Seventy one percent Americans think that AI developed. This AI development is moving to quickly for that's sixty four percent, including for young people eighteen to twenty nine years old, so seventy one percent overall, sixty four percent among young people. The presumption by a lot of people is that this is just it's just baby boomers and old people who don't like it. It's not the truth. It is very much young people who are increasingly hostile towards you know, AI is in encourasion into every fragment of our life. When as they think that AI will create economic games that will benefit everybody, sixty three percent Americans said no, while thirty six percent said yes. Young people, like those doing the commencement speechers, were more optimistic about the question of AI, but still a majority said no fifty five to forty five. And even though they're the most optimistic but economic benefits, they're also the most worry that AI will take their jobs. By a sixty two forty percent margin. A Quinnipiac poll from March split people up between those who know AI a great deal, you know a lot about AI that use it a lot, and those who know about it very very little and they don't use that often. Fifty six percent of those who knew a lot about AI and use it very often were not excited about the developments, compared to sixty percent who knew very little about it and use it not that often. So the divide among people who use it very often and those who don't is not as extreme as I think people would expect. I think people would expect that if you use it a lot, you love it, and if you don't use a lot, you're mostly fearful. The numbers are fairly similar. There is a small there are more people who are accepting who use it often. However, it's not this double digit wide extreme on those who knew the most about AI were the most concerned, seventy nine percent being very concerned to twenty one percent say they were not concerned. And a Gallup poll found that while the majority of gen zers use AI on a weekly basis, probably to get them to pass tests so that they could attend the graduation. Cermone that they bowed the executive talking about AI while they were using AI the most, and while that usage has gone up, the excitement for the product has gone down. Gen zers were reporting to feeling excited about AI went from thirty six percent to twenty two percent in just a year, and those that the AI makes them angry went from twenty two to thirty one percent once again in just one year. And it's easy to understand why there's there's why they're anxious, why they're angry, why all these bad feelings are coming when it comes to AI, Because all you have to do is just listen to what tech executives are saying. A twenty twenty three Yale survey of one hundred and nineteen CEOs, including leaders from companies like Walmart, Coca Cola, Xerox, Zoom, and others across the industry, gave AI a forty two percent chance of destroying humanity in the next ten years. Another story out of Berkeley University of twenty seven hundred AI researcher said there was a five percent chance of AI bringing the extinction to humanity. Yeah, five percent is pretty low. It's a little too high for me. Though that's a high number. Elon Musk said it was about twenty percent, and Dario Amodi said that it was about ten to twenty five percent. That's a big number. That's obviously not very comforting for someone who's starting out their life, for someone who's starting out their business, who just finished off school, all the rest of it. But the bigger problem, aside from the extinction of humanity for a lot of people, the problem that is more in people's face is obviously jobs. And that's understandable given what the AI business leaders are saying I will do to their jobs. Listen to a Daria Emodi of Anthropic has been saying.
Speaker 5: You've said AI could wipe out half of all entry level white collar jobs and spike unemployment to ten to twenty percent in the next one to five years.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is shock.
Speaker 5: That is that is the future we could see if we don't become aware of this problem now, half.
Speaker 1: Of all entry level white collar jobs.
Speaker 6: Well, if we look at entry level consultants, lawyers, financial professionals, you know, many of kind of the white collar service industries, a lot of what they do, you know, AI models are already quite good at and without intervention it's hard to imagine that there won't be some significant job impact there.
Speaker 5: And my worry is that it'll be broad and it'll be faster than what we've seen with previous technology.
Speaker 1: Just this week, leaked audio of Mark Zuckerberg came out where he told Meta employees that before he fired ten percent of their workforce, a Meta's workforce AI have been monitoring their what they did on their computers, on their work computers to train to replace them. And then at four am in an email, he sent it out to thousands of Meta employees that they were fired and their computers no longer work, their tags no longer work, Thank you and have a great day. When you look at tech companies and big tech companies like Oracle, Amazon, Meta, Block, Cisco, Into, it, Wise Tech, Snap, Ocado, eBay, Coinbase, Pinterest, they have let go of well over one hundred thousand jobs this year alone. Now, the employment rate among recent college graduates, if you're talking about why college graduates is so fearful, is not that high. It's five point three percent, which is lower than their peers who did not go to college. The overall unemployment rate for young people seven point two percent, So for college graduates. It's fairly a decent labor market. What is changing that is concerning is a trend that we've seen with employment numbers for the last thirty plus years is that recent college grads have lower levels of unemployment than the broader workforce. That's been the truth the last three decades. That reversed a couple of years ago around twenty nineteen to twenty twenty, and it's gotten worse over time. Recent college graduates have the unemployment rate about a one point higher than the overall workforce of all workers. Now, tech executives have been saying that, you know, they've been changing their tune when it comes to what AI will do to employment. James Manika, I believe I'm saying that last time correctly, but you guys know me, I'm probably butchering it. He is a senior Google Alphabet executive. On a recent podcast episode that he doesn't believe though the duomer predictions over mass unemployment. Sam Altman of Open AI said he doesn't believe that these predictions about fifty percent unemployment is possible, and Jeff Bezos he gave actually one of the best defenses up for why AI won't take people's jobs. This is what he said on CMBC.
Speaker 7: So there are so many smart people and they aren't smart, and they are saying, oh my god. You know, there's gonna be no more radiologists because you know, AI can read X rays better than a radiologist can. And they're going to be no more software engineers because a I can program better than a software engineer can.
Speaker 1: These people are wrong.
Speaker 7: So what's really going to happen is that it's going to elevate all of these people and they're gonna it's like it's it's like you've been digging. Let's say you're a software engineer, right, what it's the analogy and giving you is you've been uh, digging out a basement for your house with a shovel and somebody's about to hand you a bulldozer.
Speaker 1: You're you're so you should be so.
Speaker 7: Happy if you're digging the basement to your house and somebody says, hey, how about this, I have a tool here.
Speaker 1: That's gonna And what's really.
Speaker 7: Going to happen is we're going to have so much productivity in our economy that, for example, this is this is one effect a lot of people who have two earner income households.
Speaker 1: One of the people is going to drop out of the workforce.
Speaker 7: That's why we're gonna have a labor shortage. Because of the productivity gains, you're gonna be able to afford things.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have, I predictable actually.
Speaker 7: Have deflation of certain core Assuming we let this technology play out and don't you hamstring it with regulation too early, we will actually have you know, everything will get food will get cheaper.
Speaker 1: So what does the future of employment look like with AI, I honestly don't know. I don't believe anyone really knows. And I believe these guys more than I believe the fear porn armed Dario Modi that there is going to be fifty percent unemployment rates among recent college graduates, don't. I don't believe that. But I'm not sure. None of these people really are sure. But what I can tell you is that tech executives realize that they have created their own bad PR and now they're desperately trying to fix with good PR. And what they absolutely don't want in this point, in this moment, is more regulations on AI, or any regulations on AI. When the Trump administration, who has been extremely pro AI, more than the Biden administration for sure, but very pro AI. When they were considering a review board process to look at new AI developments, that AI models before they were released, just for public safety, for their own security, for national security, the tech world swarmed the White House with lobbyists to stop them. What the framework the White House is going to release? And I have not read the official framework or what's expected to be. Is it ending up a voluntary framework for developers for frontier models to inform the government about planned new releases up to ninety days before the public really, so for three months beforehand. They would have to submit the release to the government voluntarily. There's no demandate for this, and the government would give it the okay. This, of course, wasn't good enough for the AI companies, even though it's voluntary. They only wanted fourteen day review, just two weeks to understand the entire process and then get the green light from the government. Of course, the White House fears aren't just on job development, because President Trump and other people administration believe that AI is going to create more jobs and it will take What they're worried about is national security and AI being used to hack government programs and government departments. Remember, nothing is all good and nothing is all bad. Something that is something that is very positive, like some AI developments will come with bad you know, bad results because that's just human nature. They will use something to to harm people. That is how things have always worked with technology. But this national security risk from these new AI frontier models is very serious. That's and it's changed a lot since since last sweep with Mythos and Open. AI's latest models have raised concerns that AI is helping exploit software vulnerabilities. I talked about this on my podcast on Wednesday. What happens if a terrorist is able to use AI to hack the FAA and stop communications between planes, people in the sky, and people on the ground directing them, it will be a catastrophe. It will be a nine to eleven like episode nationwide. And forget what could happen, let's talk about what has happened. AI has already been used to plan mass shootings in the United States and Canada. In April twenty twenty five, a man named nix Erker He exchanged more than thirteen thousand messages with chat ebt and lead up to an attack that killed two people and injured others. Authorities in a lawsuit claimed that he received advice on gun and ammunition types, optimal times and locations on campus from maximum victims, media attention strategies, that he even had to operate a shotgun minutes before the shooting. This led to a criminal investigation by the Flora Attorney General into Open AI and the lawsuit from victims of families alleging that AI that chat GPT is a co conspirator. In February twenty twenty six, a shooter in Canada use chat GPT for planning guidance in a mass casualty event. Victims of victims families file lawsuits against Open AI, and in January twenty twenty five, the cyber truck attack remember that happened in Vegas that near the Trump Tower. Chat GBT was used to plan the device, on explosives and how to evade law enforcement. Investigations and independent tests by the Center for Countering Digital Hate found that in eight out of every ten major AI chat box including chat GPT, frequently assisted users in helping to plan school shootings, bombings, and assassination attempts. This is a real question. I'm going to post everybody. How long until we see chat GPT or some other AI chatbox use. How long until we see it used to plan an assassination of a tech ceo. And it's sometime I'm wishing for or I'm hoping for, but I really feel that is a possibility in our future, a Luigi Mangioni style assassination of a tech ceo who the planning and plotting will be used, will be worked with the chatbox and they will plan the murder of somebody, somebody that we've seen on television, somebody talking about, you know, job disruptions or or the fact that you know gen zs are just too lazy, or or putting down or saying that this is going to make you lots of money. Part of the outcry. I think you have to understand, it's part of the outcry against a I is a class struggle, right. It is gen xers and baby boomers making enormous sums of money while gen Zers or struggling. As all young people struggle, there's something special about gen z struggle. But as they're struggling to start their foothold in life and they feel the rug is cut from under them, that their jobs won't exist while there's an immense concentration of wealth among very very few, and there's going to be someone who cracks, and there's going to be somebody like a Luigi Manngioni who will be idolizing that kind of style of behavior, that violence, and take it upon themselves somebody probably with mental health issues. And that's the case is for a lot of these kids, a lot of these kids who are angry and nowhere to feel their anger, They're going to look to take it out on somebody. And that is what I am really afraid is going to happen in a very short period of time. Look at the amount of kids who use CHATTP to harm themselves. It's not it's not a small number. And yeah, I never I've never told this story before, but this is something that I've experienced in my own life. I have I have a I don't have a friend. Someone I've known for probably twenty years, married, kids, seemed fairly normal, like always a little bit of an odd person, but on the periphery of odd, like normal, like overall very normal, hell down, a job, had a family, had a kids, had a house, who fell for better or worse in love, with their chat box. So I mean, I mean, I know this person and I and I couldn't understand, but they were. But they were spending fourteen hours a day talking to their chat box. They came to certain opinions about knowing when the end of the world was happening. Would send me messages saying, hey, this is going to have I've talked to chat gibt and the world's going to happen on this day. I was like, you are losing it. And this person's wife said to everybody, please stay with my husband. He's he's entered into an AI induced psychosis. And where that AI and DO psychosis led to was he his AI bot told him that his father killed his grandfather, murdered his grandfather, and he was going to seek justice out even though that wasn't true. And now he's in prison for I presume an attempted attack against his father that he was planning out. It is. It's shocking. And I know you're saying to yourself that could never be me. And I said to myself, that could ever be me. It wouldn't be me. I want an unused chattipa too. I'm too rational, I'm too saying I'm too normal. There are people who were normal. We're saying maybe they were a little lonely, maybe they were a little on the perfery, maybe they were on just the borderline. They were getting by and the introduce to an AI and do psychosis because it was it confirmed all of their places, which is what these AI chatbots do. They confirm all your pre existing beliefs. I don't believe in a lot of the conspiracies gonna AI, like a fifty percent unemployment rate. I don't. I don't. I don't trust what most of the CEOs are saying tech on AI in any direction, whether they're saying it's all way great or they're saying it's going to be a big problem. I do know, because we've had on this podcast that AI, that left wing politicians blue AI will will open the doors towards socialism in America, and that I'm fearful of. I do know that AI has been used to plan attacks. I do believe that AI will be used to plan attack against the tech CEO. And I do believe this disruption in the market and the safety concerns around AI is enough for some kind of regulation at the federal level that the belief that these AI companies will simply be able to monitor themselves and everyone will be playing you know, everyone will be an angel I do all the right things and monitor themselves over profits. I don't believe. I don't that. I don't believe. And I think that when some kind of levels of AI production over data, over where data goes, especially medical uh, and that needs to happen sooner than later. And I don't really care who has so kicking and dragging and screaming that we that this that we're gonna let China, you know, win the race. I don't believe that either. And that's where I stand in the whole thing. That's why I want to conclude this entire week's episodes around AI. So that's the data, that's where people are is will feel, that's wheople are going. And that's my big concerns over the issue. And I want you to be able to form your own opinions based upon the data. One lady who has formed her own opinions and is fighting for AI regulation both from the state and federal level, as Amy Kramer. She's of the organization Human First. She's coming on next to talk about what AI regulation, Real AI regulation really looks like that's gonna be up next to Stay tuned. Amy Kramer is the chairwman of Humans First. It is a nonprofit organization working for AI regulation. Thank you for being here, Amy, Thank.
Speaker 3: You Ryan so much for having me on.
Speaker 1: It's great to see Amy. What is Humans First?
Speaker 3: Humans First is a nonprofit that we started earlier this year, and we're focused on putting regulations and safety guards around big AI to protect the American people, our children, our families, our resources, and jobs. Quite honestly.
Speaker 1: Okay, So a lot of people would accuse you of being, you know, anti innovation or anti AI as a whole. Is that true?
Speaker 3: No, Ryan, there's nothing further from the truth. I am actually I use AI every day, probably more than a lot of people. I am not anti AI. I'm not anti tech. But I feel like that this is the most powerful I know it's not. I feel I know that this is the most powerful technology in human history, and there are no regulations around this industry, and it is impacting our lives in every aspect, in every way possible, and it's only growing and becoming more, you know, into our life, that's growing more into our lives and there has to be regulations and laws around this, and so it's basically we just want that to happen, and we do believe that there should be a federal law, federal regulations. But because AI, these big AI, big tech companies are pushing the administration for no regulations and no laws, it's being left up to the states. And so we're working on a national level, and we want to influence policy on a national level, but we're also working on a state level until we get those federal regulations in place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's important to remember there are more federal regulations on how much toilet bowl water is in your toilet than there is about how much AI.
Speaker 3: Absolutely there's more federal regulations on a ham sandwich, right, I mean than AI. And this is impacting. You can't log into your email now without something coming up saying you know, do you AI, saying do you want us to give you a summary of what this email thread is? It's just it's invasive, and the American people have not really had a say in this, Ryan and and honestly, it's been built on American data, American land, American resources, American energy, and American tax payer dollars and we have no seat at the table and no voice in the future of this technology. And that's just wrong. That's not the American way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was an interview not too long ago between Cara Swisher, who sometimes she's very smart, sometimes she's just a lunatic, and and Sam Altman, and she asks, you know, if you go to sea, some people are Some people don't turn into AI to do functions like legal functions, medical functions, asking you know, what disease do I have or what my legal thing is. But she said, unlike other on like on like going to see a doctor who has a hippo law to work with, or a lawyer who has certain regulations. The laws are written to benefit AI companies, but not you benefit the consumer very much. Is that how you feel?
Speaker 3: I would agree with that. There's not many protections for the American people. And one of the things that got me into this because I'm not a tech person. I'm just a mom. I've never been a techee. I never will be. Even if you're editing, you know, like using Photoshop or something to two pictures. That's not my thing. But what got me into this was seeing the deaths of the especially these young kids, these teenagers taking their own lives. And then you as you start to research more, it's not just that it's not just teenagers. There are adults that's happening too also, And then you take that and it goes into this piece that I it's terrorism where they're using chat GPT to plan shootings at FSU. Chat GPT was used to plan the shooting in British Columbia. Earlier this year, there was an incident in Florida. A man, thirty six year old Jonathan Gabalis out of Jupiter, Florida, whose Chat bought wife told him to go to Miami International Airport and do terroristic to activity and create and I quote mass casualty. Thankfully he failed and then he went and took his own life. But all of these incidents is that I'm mentioning to you the only reason we know about this stuff is because of lawsuits that have been filed. There are no transparency, no reporting guidelines around these companies whatsoever. And in the in the instance of the one in British Columbia, those conversations were flagged by I believe twelve people in Open AI. They took him to their bosses and nothing was done about it. So you have to wonder could that shooting have been stopped. But if you're looking at I'm a former flight attendant the airlines, if there's an incident with an airliner, they are required to report it. Hospitals, pharmaceutic quo companies, all the things that you know that companies are required to report to OSHA. But there's none of that here, and so the American people are left in the dark. And then you get into the technology aspect of it. And we saw Secretary Descent just recently call a private meeting of all these bank you know CEOs, and it was over concerns of mythos, this new anthropic AI, the new version of AI, their clawed AI, that the I mean, there's concern that it could shut down our financial system. That the abilities of this AI is nothing like we've ever seen. So we need regulations to protect the American people for no other reason ryan our national security. That is the number one responsibility of the federal government as our national security. And just because these companies you know, want to quote unquote race to the finish, I mean, and they're saying they want no regulations no, No, I mean regulations, laws. They're trying to bypass the American people. We have to stand up and say no, they're not going to look out for us. They're not going to look out for the American people. And if they're not, who was going to?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the myth thos is interesting because it seemed to be the thing that really started changing the administration's mind. Right afterwards, there was a leak from The New York Times that Trump administration was considering a basically a rule that new aim als would have to be viewed the way that pharmaceutical drugs are viewed, like you approved and looked at to make sure that they were safe. They've backed away from the earlier versions of that. I can only imagine the intense lobbing that went on in the media afterwards. Now it's a voluntary thing. It's ninety days. They didn't want the ninety days. They wanted just fourteen days of voluntary overlooking. What are some okay, so let's talk about some of these issues you brought up. So let's talk about the whole chat bots, which is just synthetic people. It's synthetic relationships. What would you like to be done? Would humans. First, like to be done to reform the way the chat box interacting with people, especially people who are either on borderline mental health issues, people who are children or young adults. What was you to see done for that?
Speaker 3: Well, that is I believe a parental issue with parents when it involves children. And I mean, I'm a parent. I can't imagine having a child now just the harms of social media. And then you get into these ais and these these kids are so smart they can find the way to work around us, right around their parents on these computers. And that's what your phone is is a little computer, and they can find a way. And so the parents need to have the ability to manage and control what their children are accessing online. I mean, I fully, one hundred percent believe that. And what's happening is they're being given chromebooks in schools. They're giving they're using AI schools and parents have a right to be involved in those decisions. The schools should not be involved in those decisions. I like what Governor Disantis did in Florida with his AI Bill of Rights. Unfortunately it passed through the Senate, I believe unanimously this last time, but it didn't get through the house, and that's a whole nother story. But I mean he was giving the parents, you know, the controls and mechanisms to oversee what their children are accessing. Look, we want we want transparency. We want transparency when we want self reporting these companies. It's not only you know what the children are seeing online, that these companies are also giving this technology to foreign governments and foreign foreign corporations entities. Who are they giving it to and for what purposes? They say it's testing, but there's no control there, and so we want some regulations around that, so that in what you're talking about the executive order, the executive Order, there should be mandatory tests. There absolutely should be mandatory testing, and it should have government approval before it's released to the public. That is for I mean, not because we want to control these companies. I believe, and I believe most people believe in American innovation. And of course we want to beat China. We are America first. We want to beat China. But you can't have it both ways, saying we have to race to the finish. We got to beat China and at the same time be selling our chips semiconductors to China and loosening our export controls. I mean, you can't be America first in China, fund it right.
Speaker 1: There's also there is also no finish to the race to the finishing, right, That's what exactly. And I don't understand why if AI is so dangerous? Why President Trump and Jinping Kenniping president president? It was like foreign presence to change the name. But if why they cannot have a negotiation on limitations of a the same way that the Soviets and the United State's over in nuclear war? What I what I would like a regulation over and what I would like a general conversation or is all the very all the the more coherent voices around AI keep saying this is just a tool. This is just a tool. This is not going to replace every worker in America. And I believe them more than I believe the hysterical people. However, Let's say it's just a tool and your doctor is using it to make a scan of your body. Where does that data go? Does that data stay with the doctor, does that data got question of? And then is that data then sold to companies. Let's say you have a bone density problem. I'm going to go on Instagram and all of a sudden see advertisements about bone density bills. Right there is that there is a question, a general question of where does my privacy and my data go, especially with when these AI companies are working with the government over a lot of different issues and we have a lot you know, there's there's a more intertwined relation now than ever before between governments and individuals in America, even from everything from Medicaid and Medicare to all this other spending. Is there a situation will ever be in a place where they'll say, well, we got your hold of your medical scan from a from an AI app that that a doctor was using, and therefore you know you're going to be costing X, Y and Z rolling on to cover this much of it something like that, you know, talking about I know it sounds it's the.
Speaker 3: Surveillance No, it's it's the surveillance state. I mean, it is the surveillance state. And this is where it's connected to the data centers. You're seeing this uprising across the country with these data centers, and these data centers are the surveillance they are the heartbeat, They're the backbone and infrastructure of AI, and it is where all the data is being collected and stored on all of us across the country, around the world. And what is that data being used for? Right, The data is being used and collected there for these large language models to train these ais. But also it's all the data that they could possibly get on us, from I mean, from our medical records, to what magazines we buy, to where we go, I mean, everything on earth? And then who is getting access to that? Are they then turning around and selling the data? I mean in politics, we know that you can go to companies and you can tell them what kind of people that you know you want to get the data for, you know, conservatives that live in this area and make this amount of money and all these things. We are to use it in politics. But this is going to step further and at what point does it stop? And Ryan, I want to be clear here. This is the thing. If this is what the American people want, then so be it. Right, we are republic, a constitutional republic, and if this is what the American people vote for and this is what they want, then so be it. That is the American way. Just like with the data centers, if they want them in their communities, they have a say in it, they vote for it, then so be it. But what is happening is this technology and the infrastructure is being shoved down our throats and everything is being done to circumvent the American people and we have no say. And if this technology is safe and it's just a tool, why are you afraid of the American people? Why don't you want us to have a say in this? I mean, that's a legitimate question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there's a there. You know, there's a I know a lot of politicians you do as well. There is a genuine fear, especially on the right, to not say anything. They know the backlash and they understand the anger, but they fear the money from the AI company is, you know, more than anything. There's this election in New York, I think your twelfth congressional district where this guy named Alex Boris who's running regulations on AI. It's a Democratic primary, and they've spent like twenty million dollars against them, and they think that they can just you know, if they spend the amount of money necessary, they will be able to beat down anybody who has any concerns over regulations. And that's why I keep saying, like Alex even if even if he's horrended, if I disagree with him on so many issues, he has to win, like he has to win because people have to not be a scare of AI money. But that is true that Mark and Drewson is the number one spender of the twenty twenty six elections so far, Mark and Drewson and his business partner.
Speaker 3: Then can we talk about can we talk about something else too? You talked about that they're afraid of Republicans but in the president, I mean, big Tech is in his pocket and they're pushing this administration and whatnot. But we're going to come up on a general election. We're I mean, we just had a primary here in Georgia this week. We're going to come up on a general election. What are Republicans going to say? Because two weeks ago on Wednesday night, John Ausoff, who is our Democrat senator who we hope will lose in November, but he was out in San Francisco, Chris Lahane of Open AI seeing a fundraiser for him. So you're they're talking out of both sides of their mouth. What's going to happen when the general election comes? And you know, you have Mike Collins, who I think is more of a populous more America first, is going to be with the people. I hope he is. I haven't talked to him about this issue. And then you have John Ossoff. Are these big companies because three hundred million dollars so far has been spent to influence our elections because they want to elect people that are sensitive or sympathetic to their cause. So what are Republicans going to do when John Ossoff is running and they get behind John Ossoff because he's sympathetic to their cause. What are Republicans going to do then?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the thing is that a lot of the AI companies, a lot of the tech companies, they are still financing many, many, many progressive causes, many progressive causes. It's not like the people who censored Hunter Biden's laptop did not wake up one day, have a Saint Paul on the roads to mask of conversion and all of a sudden become right fierce right wingers. A few tech people are right wing. Peter Teal was always right wing, David Sachs has always been fairly right wing. But for the most part, these are the people who Elon Musk was not right wing his entire life. That this is, like, you know, a very very recent transformation, and how sincere not just Elon, but like all these those transformations are. I think it's an open question that no one really has a firm opinion on because they keep finallyancing all these left wing causes. And I except to this one congressman and I said, you need He asked, he has to hire me. He's running in a very very difficult house seat. And I just said, well, what's your We were talking about immigration and trade, always a big policy issues, and I said to what's your opinion on AI And he said, well, I'm hoping that this election cycle I still won't have to talk about it until someone until because I don't think he was I don't think the public has caught up. And the problem is is that there is going to be a limitation on how long you could just be silent on it. So what politicians have have been receptive to your message that you've that you guys have reached out to you.
Speaker 3: That's a great question. And I would say in the Senate, the two real heroes and the Senate are Senator Marshall Blackburn and Senator Josh Holly. I do have to give Senator Ted Cruz credit. He is coming our way. I met with him a couple of weeks ago with some angel Ai angel families, some Texas parents that have lost their children to these chatbots and so, and then he spoke at a rally with Senator Marshall Blackburn last week. And that is that. I mean, he is There's been a clear shift there. But Ted's a dad. I mean, he's got two teenage daughters, right, He's a dad, So I'm sure this pulls on his heartstrings. In the house. There's not been I hate to say it, but there's not been a We don't have a lot of heroes there. We do have some heroes out in the states. I mean, uh, Governor Ron De Santis has been a hero and rock star on this, I mean absolute rock star. Governor Sarah Sarah Huckabee Sanders has been a rock star. And there are a number of people in the state legislatures. Senator Angela Paxson out of Texas. She has led the effort in Texas to get legislation passed there and Tennessee. But this is the thing, as you know, what has happened over this past this early winter and spring. The White Houses come in and put their boot on the neck of the these states and interfering. These are This is not the president, this is not you know. These are staffers. These are not even bureaucrats. These are staffers that are doing the bidding of big tech and calling and and shutting down legislation in these states. And it's wrong, Ryan, It's absolutely wrong. And that's why I think you're gonna see a very big pushback come next legislative cycle next January, where they are working together and you're going to see these people push to get this legislation passed. Because as a parent, you're a parent, you know, we all know that if our children are in danger. I know no one that is going to say I'm going to wait on the federal government to come and help. It's just sassinied, right, No one ever said that. So, whether it's our and whatever, I mean, it's just not realistic. And the states of the first line of defense. And that's why I have to give a major shout out to Governor Ron de Santas. He is a best dam governor in this country right now, and he is doing amazing work. And I think and you've seen Senator or not Senator A. G. Ken Paston really pushed back on these tech companies too and file lawsuits against them. I personally hope that Chip Roy is elected as their AG because I think that fight will continue. He's willing to go into the into the lions then on that. But we need to states. We need leadership and strong states that are going to stand up and push back on these tech companies, because let me be clear, these people are the same people that have banned in censored conservatives for years now, right. I mean it was Mark Zuckerberg that ban permanently banned the President of the United States from Facebook and Instagram after the twenty twenty election. I personally have been banned from starting Facebook groups for two hundred and nineteen million years. I can give you the screenshot of it. But then President Trump is reelected and he's paying, you know, seven eight million dollars for his inauguration, and he's right there at the inauguration. The minute the Republicans are no longer in power, you're going to see them flip and they're going to kick conservatives to the curb. And so I would just say to the President and everybody in leadership, these people can't be trusted. I mean, they can't be trusted. It is your job, your responsibility to protect the American people, and that's what we want him to do. And look, President Trump has shown just this week when he endorsed Ken Patson, He's shown he has shown he can be moved on issues. So I hope that the President will come our way in his administration, will tighten the export controls. We'll stop selling our chips to China, and we'll do this mandatory testing where they have to have government approval for these frontier AI systems before they're released for the for the to the public. I think that is the only way that you can protect the American people.
Speaker 1: Okay, Amy, Where do people go if they want to get in touch with the humans first? If we want to be part of what you guys are doing. What's the best resource for that?
Speaker 3: Well, thanks for having me on. You can go to humans First dot com and I'm on Twitter and all the socials, although I'm shadow band and censored at Amy Kramer, so yeah, follow me there and thanks for having me on. You have a great podcast, and I'm really honored to be here.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Anne.
Speaker 3: Ryan, You've been great on this issue. You've been so good on this issue. So thank you. You're one of the the real true voices out there speaking the truth, and so I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you. Thank you, Amy, thank you. Now it's time for they Ask Me Anything segment. If you more be part of the Ask Me Anything segment. You know Ryan at Numbers Gamepodcast dot com. That's Ryan at numbers ploal Numbers Game Podcast dot com. First question comes from Bennett. He says, right after the Virginia ballot measure passed, there was outrage that the GP seemingly spent nothing or very little on ads and ground game campaign. In hindsight, that was probably smart. I would like to think that the GOP was playing forty chess and knew there was going to be a challenge to the measure in court, but I'm not too sure that was the case. Do you think there was incompetence or did the VA GOP knew all along there was going to be a challenge with the measure and that spent very little because of that. So so yes, there was they always knew what there was going to be a challenge to the measure. In Virginia, the law is that the legislature needs to approve state Supreme Court justices every time they're up for confirmation. So yes, they knew that there was going to be a that the court was going to be there was going to see a challenge, But many people did think that the court would rule against the GOP because the Demo legislature would have to approve the reconfirmation of all those judges. I don't think this was forty just I don't I talked to a lot of Republicans who had no faith in the Virginia Supreme Court, who did not think they were going to rule on their side, and they thought that it was going to be a loss for Conservatives, and they were totally prepared for that. I think that it was some bad campaigning still. I mean, in the end, it all worked out, It all worked out fabulously for them, But I don't think that anyone expected it too. I think that they got very, very lucky with that the Supreme Court justice's ruled correctly and had some kahones to them. Okay, next questioning comes up for Nate. Would you talk about the South Carolina election. I would love to vote out Lindsay Grant, but I don't know anything about Mark Lynch. I also find really interesting for governor. So for those who don't know, Lindsay Graham is up for election this year, Mark Lynch is the leading Republican alternative. He is a repair executive, very successful guy, put millions of dollars into his own money against Lindsey Graham. He's the first serious challenge that Lindsay Graham's had in at least ten years. But right now, the based on the polling, it suggests that this is just basically a protest vote. He's about twenty percent in the polling right now, which is really no different than Casey Puca over against in Ohio against vivek Raamaswami. Maybe he'll get more than the last Republican God, but I kind of doubt it right now. Grahama's Graham's got the endorsement of the Trump of President Trump. He's got more money than God. And the last guy who ran against the last people who ran against Lindsay Graham got thirty three percent in twenty twenty. Maybe they'll get close to forty percent right now, but I kind of doubt it. I think Lindsay Graham has really got this. So if you don't like Lindsay Grahm, vote your conscience, because it is it's likely to meet Lindsay Graham and your vote. You should be able to vote. It's nothing online for voting who you want to vote for, is what I'm saying. Okay. Last question comes from Scott enjoy your podcast. Thank you, Scott, I enjoy you. I'm a supplier of data construction, specifically liquid cooling systems. I would have a real hard time believing anything being said about high water usage. Yes there's a one time fill, but all the systems being built now are closed loop is quite impressive. How everyone all of a sudden hates citizenters. I think it might be that in many cases they hate the tax incentives. I hate those two. These do not create jobs, very few long term jobs after construction, so I see no reason to give any tax incentives. Like your interview with sheriff running from California Governor, why is it that ours want to eliminate all income tax? Ohio has driven itself into a tax cliff because property taxes are ridiculous and can never be escaped. Unless you get a deal well with a data center. I hope that these property taxes abolishments gets on the Ohio ballad this fall and we can shake things up. I don't believe it is on the ballo of this fall. I don't believe any kind of things are on the ballot of this one when it comes to tax in Ohio. What I'll say is this is that we're in basically a hot war between the states over who can cut taxes fastest among all the right states, because it's to draw people. Because Florida, Tennessee, Texas are drawing massive amounts of people because of zero income tax, and that's a big, big part of the incentive driving this this this cut is like who can make it faster. What where it could be problematic is like in a case of Kansas, where Kansas cut so much taxes and so much well for spending so quickly back in like the mid os or early twenty tens, and it ended up being that no new tax revenue came in and people were furious, and that's why they got a Democratic governor right after Laura Kelly. So I think that I think, obviously, listen to cut taxes if you can and keep and make people, you know, keep their money. However, you never want to be in a situation where they've cut taxes is such a high extent that they all of a sudden to raise them quickly to pay just the basic things that you have to pay for a government, a local government, and then you end up with a democratic governor. So I think that there's a big fear of that happening as retaliation. We'll see how We'll see how far that goes. A lot of people promising cutting all income tax, I think that they are there's going to be a little bit of pushback. Or all property tax is another idea that they've had that they're gonna cut every time kind of property tax. They got to pay it for the bills somehow, they gotta pay for the firefighters in the roads somehow. So we'll see, we'll see where it goes. But I wouldn't be surprised of a few slash income tax or cut down to zero. What really the opportunity is is not in these red states to cut taxes. Is a neighboring state next to a blue state. So like Arizona being a purple state, Pennsylvania being a Purple State Connecticut. If they could ever get back to zero income tax and live near these big high tax New Jersey, New York states, that would revolutionize and change things in those areas. But I don't know if we're going to see the because they love democratic governors. Anyway, Thank you guys for listening to this episode. I hope you like it well. Back to politics next week. If you like this podcast, please like and subscribe to the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast work with this podcast and on YouTube. I will see you guys on Monday