Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys. This He's Talking Cowboys, springing live.
Speaker 3: From the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at.
Speaker 1: The Star in Frisco. Tech Boarders Here. That's got kick takestown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in the s w b C Studios. Welcome in, everybody. We've got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 1: I'm kin Yeoman's so glad you're with us. Give us a call eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. Do not waste any time.
Speaker 4: Say it got me now, it's officially it's talking to you.
Speaker 3: It's officially Talking Tuesday eight nine seven.
Speaker 1: Family, Family, Family, fandomily, famominily. Yeah, there there is hope in this world. Oh yeah, you guys are for those visuals that are watching visually. You guys. See this paper airplane right here that I made out of a American dollar bill in the middle of the show yesterday. Yes, this US currency right here.
Speaker 5: I we put we put this out there, and we left it on the table when we didn't We did not have a lot of faith it was gonna it was going to exist and still be here today.
Speaker 1: Who thought it was gonna be here today? Nobody?
Speaker 6: I do it?
Speaker 1: No way, did you guys? I don't know if you guys did or not.
Speaker 5: But guess what, I have to go fingerprint this because I want to know exactly who picked it, who picked it up, who looked at it? And I believe that one Derk Eagleton could not pass up the opportunity to pick up this dollar.
Speaker 1: Bill and look around. The accusation has seen anybody was gonna see him. The accusation has been Levy would Dusties and I will come back with the report.
Speaker 3: All right, Derek, you get your forensics files on always breaker on notice.
Speaker 1: Derek, you've got twenty four hours to respond. I mean they're still there, They're still there.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna leave it there today and see if it stays another day?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I don't have that much faith that's going yeah, and now you're just tempting fit.
Speaker 3: I have to say, our family is gonna have to pick up Isaiah standback. Today his Seattle Mariners let it slip in the bottom of the seventh inning to the Toronto Blue Jay.
Speaker 1: Sorry, buddy, bro, we were freaking nine outs. You were so head nine outs.
Speaker 5: Bro, We were pitchers were doing good, defense was playing well, offense stepped up. Just just maintain the lead, you know what I'm saying. Just maintain the lead if they if they get a base hit. H you know what I'm saying. But like, we don't give gifts. That was like King Si snicker bar on the freaking porch for for for Halloween.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't leave that in the hood. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You leave kings I Snickers on the porch in the hood and put it says take one.
Speaker 1: You know what they're gonna do. They're taking a whole bowl. That's exactly what happened yesterday. It took the whole bowl yesterday. Somebody put a Snickers out there and said, just take one.
Speaker 8: Huh.
Speaker 5: You guys have a two point lead, a two run league, Just take one and go on.
Speaker 1: About your business, bud, and they said, Nah. Springer was like, I'm taking a whole bowl with me, buddy. I'm heartbroken.
Speaker 3: I'm heartbroken for you, not only because yea friends the Mariners. Well not well, there's that.
Speaker 1: We still remain the only team, only team.
Speaker 3: That has never made it to the World Series and.
Speaker 1: A team. I'm sorry, but you're right.
Speaker 3: The guys that I know, Julio Roderiguez HiT's a bomb, So I was happy. Julio's guy I love, and I don't fault.
Speaker 5: Him for taking a swing on that last pitch. It was a bad pitch, but he tried to watch that last pitch.
Speaker 1: They are who thought they? Who was part of our.
Speaker 3: In the minor league team. He never actually played for the Power when I was there, but he was a part of our media day. Got to know him a little bit, really cool, down the earth guy. He hits a bomb. And then the fact that George Springer is the one that gets done a former astro.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry, but that's it for Baseball talk. Let's go Dodgers News and Notes America. Yeah, that's true, Dodgers, It's it's crazy. It's Kendrick versus Drake All over all over again. Wow. Yeah, yeah, he's gonna win it again. I don't know that I can go for the Dodgers, but I'll tell you what news and notes, Patrick knows he walk away. Hey man. So let's start with a little bit of bad news, which is that Trevon Diggs is still in the concussion protocol per Branch Schottenheimer. Trevon Diggs did come to the building yesterday to try to get cleared, but they looked at him and said, you know what, you still don't look quite great, my friend. Ah nah, So they sent him home. So they sent him home. So we'll see how that goes this week. Now, would you like some good news? I would would you like some great Oh? I got some great news? All right. So Cowboys are actually obviously they have several on IR but headline bean Agent zero will return to practice on tomorrow over shown, we'll have his twenty one day practice window activated effective tomorrow. Window is Yeah, I need you to He tweeted it this way like I was gonna sell Reddy moss us to know about the horizontal Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did tweet it after the show yesterday. Of course it wasn't in the show of course always after T minus twenty one. He did love it and he's he's pumped. I talked to him last night. We had an event together last night at the three Forks down the.
Speaker 1: Road, and man, he is pumped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is super exciting.
Speaker 1: Now a bit of a housekeeping note because he did tweet that on yesterday, but the clock is not going to be started until Wednesday tomorrow, So we got that clarification. I know there were there were multiple reports out there saying that the Cowboys had already started the clock. That's actually actually not true. They're gonna wait until Wednesday because they don't want to just unnecessarily burn those two days. Because I know there are some people asking me, well, you know, Pat, is it twenty one practices? Is it twenty one? You know business days like money through no business day? It is twenty Amazon, it's twenty one postal service time. It is twenty one calendar days. So the Cowboys activating him, oh, not activating him, but bringing him back to practice activating that twenty one day window. They have until I believe right after the bio, so November seventeenth is when they would have to make a decision. So they do get the bye week of not you know, of working that in as well. So great news there, would you like more? Great news?
Speaker 4: That would put him on pace for the Raiders, right, which is right before the Eagles game.
Speaker 1: Now that's right before the Eagles. You're right, Yeah, the Raiders game would be awesome. Yeah, that means that morrownover shown has a great chance of being on the field for the Raiders, which gives him a good shot at ramping up for a very very important division matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles when they come to Armington. Yeah, that's picked up.
Speaker 3: So would you say it's good to bet on the Marvin Overshow being in Vegas?
Speaker 1: Yes, Actually, we don't bet on this show. We don't, gentlemen, gentleman, that's a good gamble, Not that, gentle gentleman. But I love it. Kyle spoke with Demo yesterday, said he's excited. I've had endless conversation with Demo just throughout the process of the recovery, and at every single point he's just been positive and just grinding, and he's never you would never be able to tell that this is a young man or a grown man who has been through not just one devastating knee injury, but to like hand one back in college is just a ball of positivity and hope and optimism, and you just love the fact that he's coming back to give Kyle and Isaiah and Josh and myself exactly what we want, which is that vocal leader. Was there anybody else's window? Yeah, but that's what I say. Would you like some more greade? Please? It's not as it's not as uh excelsior as the demo news, but it's still big news. Savone Revel, rookie third round pick, will be at practice on Wednesday. Quarterback hold on, quarterback, hold on holding Savone revels back. He's back on for the first time. Back like yep, is it back? Or is it it's here? He's here, He's back for Savone Revel is here, Chris. If I may, you may, I like those words? You may save old Rebel. He will have his towards you. One day practice window activated as well. Twenty one suffered to torn acl East Carolina in September twenty twenty four that ended his collegiate career, but he is ready. Talked to him yesterday. He's in good spirits, great spirits. Actually, he's been in great spirits this entire time. But he tells me that he's now gotten used to the brace that Britt Brown and the trainers want him to use. That's one of the reasons why they kind of held back a little bit on activating his practice window. They wanted him to get accustomed to trying to see if the brace could be comfortable for him. And now it is. He said, his knee feels great, So yeah, what set back? Those are two dogs that are coming back.
Speaker 3: One is the Marvin Overshon and of course we've had that conversation already and what he could bring as a linebacker, but savone rebel was a first round caliber corner yep. And if he's one hundred percent or even close to one hundred percent, he's going to be a massive uptick from what you have currently at that position.
Speaker 1: Delicious.
Speaker 3: Those are two position groups that need reinforce and they're on their way.
Speaker 1: Would you like another dog there? Would you like more great news? Well, it's more great, there's no way there is. Let's go to the offensive side of the ball. Would you like would you like to give more to this very wealthy offense? Please? Starting center Cooper Bby. Oh, we'll also see his twenty one day practice window Actors twenty one one. Cooper Baby he is uh, he would be able to practice field on.
Speaker 3: So is this just like the third rounder enforcement party you got? And then Cooper Bby. It's just all these third rounders coming out of the smoke like like an explosion in the back.
Speaker 4: Like the worst of edgers you can They're ready to make it all happen.
Speaker 1: But hey, we're top one hundred picks. We make this happen. I'm cool with its good. That's awesome. So you get you got you got your starting starting right guard back, uh in Tyler Bookery. Now you get your starting center back soon. And Cooper Beby. I will say that Cooper Bby has been moving very well. He doesn't have any added tape or anything or that ankle kind of braces or devices or anything. Big man looks looks good, looks good. So ready for Cooper bb to get back out there. And Durdham, as he was known to do at Kassas State, keep it to the offensive side of the ball. Would you like to make this wealthy offense wealthier? Is what I'm asking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's another one.
Speaker 1: There is another one. Not that you need it, but here comes another wide receiver, Jonathan Mingo Bingo. Jonathan Mingo is being activated from IR to the active fifty three man roster this week. Wow, Cowboys will need to make a corresponding move because his window is closing. We don't know what the corresponding move quite yet will be. That's going to be a very very interesting conversation because we definitely know that. But you're not going to clear rianfling or through waivers after what.
Speaker 9: He has done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't. Yeah, you cannot risk that one at all. So that'll be interesting. So Jonathan Mingo officially back off of IR at some point this week when they make the transaction. The reasons not yet. It's because you know, of course, they need to make sure that they make what they feel is going to be the right decision as far as who they wait to them. But they got to make the decision by tomorrow. I guess his dadline is tomorrow wondering. I guess if you're going to make a move, I guess you have to make a move. Yeah, I believe that it would most likely make sense for it to be at the cornerback position. Not because you can withstand that or you know what I'm saying, you actually handle that right now.
Speaker 5: But you're going to have to make another move to get readable on the rand. Butler, Yeah, eventually on the roster. So I think that that'sop. Yeah, that's I think that's probably the spot that you have to pull from.
Speaker 1: I talked to Butler last night.
Speaker 3: He was also there and he said, same kind of thing. He said, it's just depending on time and where they need the bodies and what happens. But he's he was remember like one week after to Marve and overshow and tore his acls the same injury. It was very bang bang right next to each other. So they're they're close on the same timeline. So you could expect Butler in his window to open at some point.
Speaker 5: Were you most skeptical about in terms of their ability to come back, cause does not act like if we just expect these guys to come back on her.
Speaker 4: I granted, I haven't seen a lot of civone Revels contributions in college personally, but I would be remiss to say, like, oh, he's going to come in and absolutely dominate. I think one of the things that Kyle's brought up several times is that he was playing in a smaller school and for his last snaps to be against Appalachian State, then to come in the NFL and be guarding you know, some of.
Speaker 1: The best receivers in the world.
Speaker 4: Obviously, it's I can't personally expect him to be a shutdown corner. I think we all sort of are reeling from seat Belt Carson, right like that. That name that Moniker was kind of give him to him really early. The number twenty one was get to him pretty early on in his career, and that came with a lot of expectation. I don't want to go in with any expectation for Sevie Rebel because I want him to make a name for himself.
Speaker 1: I agree and for every reason that Josh said for me a Savone Revel, it's not because of lack of ability. We all know Savone Revel has an extremely high ceiling. But this, unlike to Mariveano, was shown this is a rookie. Yeah, this is one hundred percent of rookie, and it's a rookie coming from a group of five programs. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, and I worked for the American Conference. I love talking about the the facts of the facts, he's coming from where he was playing against, And I pulled up the guy's name again because I just think it's interesting. Caden Robinson was the last guy at Appalachian State that Savone Rebel covered, and if his twenty one day practice window opens up this week or next week, the next guy he would cover would probably be DeVante Smith, who had one hundred and sixty three yards last week yeah for the Eagles and former Heisman winner out Yeah. So it is a little bit different and it's going to take an adjustment period. But when we're talking about guys that can develop into something special, and we've seen rookie corners stand.
Speaker 1: Out in a big way before.
Speaker 3: We've had it happen with Diggs, We've had it happen with Bland. Those guys step up big as rookies and then they end up having great careers. It can't happen, But neither Bland nor Dickx hasn't come off of a major injury in the middle of the season to do so.
Speaker 1: I feel like Tomorveion is going to make an impact this season. I feel like the appropriate expectation is to look for civil on revel to start making an impact next season. He's got to get a full off season of work with the coaching staff and then the system. Right now, I mean if he gets thrown in, not thrown in, but if he gets any playing time this year, which it looks like he will. The fact is he is kind of being thrown in because he hasn't had an off season absolutely, which adds to everything we're talking about coming from East Carolina and the competition that he went up against versus what awaits him in the NFL, the traditional rookie curve, even if he was at a power school, right so, I'm less concerned about his competition level he's coming from.
Speaker 5: I'm more concerned about the fact that he has an ACO and he's a cornerback.
Speaker 1: That's a reactionary position. That's fair.
Speaker 5: Also, I mean, you know what I'm saying, Like being on the bands with brit Brown, that's awesome, but there's no reaction that's required. There's no type of rep like a live there's no reps like a receiver running out you. And I'm sure they've had some half speed reps along the way, but until you are backpedaling and somebody breaks in front of you, and you got to put your foot in the ground.
Speaker 1: Instinctively. I don't see it being an easy road back for him, but eventually hope. So because we're all this is reality. We're talking reality here. But that's all to say, we still very much are looking forward to what Savone revel will be ultimately in this league. Just give the young man some grace, is what we're saying. You can't. You can't for those that might be doing so, you cannot look at him making his debut for the Cowboys in any way, shape or form equivalent or near to marveon Noovashowan return into this.
Speaker 5: So the Cowboys front office, they're they're goal their dream, right, their utopia is digs red on the outside blind.
Speaker 1: That's their vision. That's the yeah, right, no, which I like, No, yeah, that's the vision.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be great. So let's say, what was what was that?
Speaker 1: Nothing? No, no, no, no, no, no no no no. Wait, where is I'm waiting on a call? I'm waiting on the calls?
Speaker 7: Kyle?
Speaker 3: All right, So somebody asked Isaiah about what he meant there at the cornerback position. If you're listening, we've got talking Tuesday coming up. On the other side of the break. We're gonna get to your phone calls next eight eight, eight, five, five, two two nine seven more talking cowboys after.
Speaker 1: Yes, m I'm home.
Speaker 6: Hey mom, Before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 2: Hey can you?
Speaker 7: Hey? Hon?
Speaker 1: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine? Wow? Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 10: That's why if there's a network interruption, AT and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixt minutes were caused by a single INCIDENTMPAC ten more towers strict as an exclusions applies att dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black rifle coffee.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 9: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 4: We're with you.
Speaker 9: That's our promise to you, because no matter of the project or the challenge, your faith, where with you?
Speaker 1: Where are you noted? How's it going? You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I watched. I've been seeing some good things totally.
Speaker 11: They have some talent, you have some great talent, and they got some fight hoping this is the year me too.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 12: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice. What would you like the power to do? Bank of America, the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys, Welcome back to talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Where your Black Rifle or where your Dallas Cowboys gear?
Speaker 1: To a Black.
Speaker 3: Rifle Coffee Company and get ten percent off your higher purchase.
Speaker 1: Get you some game day. I almost flipped it.
Speaker 3: Think the Cowboys you give you ten percent off your entire purchase if you were your Black Rifle Coffee to Dallas. But the other way around.
Speaker 1: It'll work. Absolutely, it'll work. Don't never mind what was that we not finished? Were not finishing?
Speaker 4: Go to Black Rifle Coffee and bring yourself a Cowboys jersey for ten percent of or purchase every game Cowboys gear, Cowboys gear, Cowboys gear. Yeah, make sure include new Ara hat. Yeah that was Cowboys.
Speaker 1: No, my brother includes food, beverage and retail.
Speaker 3: So you can get ten percent off those shirts and stuff to any Cowboys gear, any Cowboys gear, says, can I be combined with other badge with some stickers? All right?
Speaker 1: We gotta Isaiah? Is not what I had on? Yeah, talking to you all, that's what's now. That's just just we got a guy. Even I am.
Speaker 3: In college due June nine seven in Jersey and.
Speaker 1: The building basement boys.
Speaker 7: What's going on with your gentlemen house everybody this morning? We're wonderful and indeed, zeke I got I got some beef with you, man, I got some beef with you. This is the second time I heard this take and it's killing me. Okay. Now, don't get me wrong. I love my cowboys, all of them, all of them. But inconsistency is something we don't want. Okay, I understand. Uh. I heard you want girls talk boys talk with with my guy Josh Rodriguez shout out to you want girls talk, boys talking a good job? You said some things to kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Man, I'm not so sure. Tobert is the guy, and now I get he comes up big in spots where you need him. I get that. But if there's an opportunity for me from from the outside looking, and if there's an opportunity to have three physical, big bodied wide receivers who can get you, yet instead of being blown on and dropped at the spot of at the spot where you catch the ball, you wouldn't want to take that.
Speaker 1: Who are you referring to?
Speaker 7: I'm talking to one Jaalen Tobert and one Jonathan Mingo and or Ryan Floordino understood.
Speaker 5: So Toberd is a sure catcher, no question about that. Correct, he doesn't have any yak yardish, no question about that. But you see a problem with that because one of the best tight end in Cowboys history had no yak yards at all.
Speaker 7: I get that, Bussy, there's something, there's something that Jake Ferguson is doing that Jaalen Tobert is not Jake Ferguson. Now, granted you have you have Pickens and CD, so everybody's going to have all eyes on them. But even when CD was out, Ferguson still been catching touchdowns. I mean, now, I get it. He had seven touchdowns last year. It's to be commended. It's definitely to be commended, especially with CD being hurt all year last year no Dak Prescott. So it's definitely to be commended. But if there's a way that we can bolster this room to make it even more dangerous than what it is, would you not want to would you not want to make that move? I'll defer to the to the experts. You've played the game, You've seen it for yeah, I mean firsthand, So I mean just figured out I jump on in a like cleared this beef up that we got going on. Appreciate you, no problem, no problem, love you.
Speaker 1: Got hey always get to hear from you. Fam No.
Speaker 5: So the conversation that we were having on Girls Talk, Boys Talk was in reference to the addition potentially of a mingo and where Tobert fits in in this offensive scheme, And what I was informing them was saying that Tolbert is your sixth best option offensively, So being a he's your sixth best option offensively, it's very difficult to get the ball to everybody.
Speaker 1: So when you have a dominant name the six while we're at it, CD George Ferg Williams Turpin, that's your first five, I would agree. Okay, So Tobert's your sixth best option offensively, very difficult to get to give him the rock. Correct.
Speaker 5: So understanding that you're the sixth best option, your sixth best option most likely is going to be a role player, meaning that somebody that has get in there due to dirty work blocking. Right, you're a big receiver, you block, You're not fast, you're not quick, you're not twitchy. You make contested catches. That's what he does. You need a guy like that who's willing to go in there, who is being asked to go in and block? Okay, and can make contested catches. You need guys to fulfill those roles. So the conversation isn't about is he as explosive as Flinoy.
Speaker 1: No, he's not not even close to it.
Speaker 5: That's the reason why if Flonoid came in a game and it handed him the ball, like immediately, here, take the ball, You're fast. Okay, same thing they did with Turpin. Take the ball, You're fast. There's a role for Tobert on this squad. He's not what you anticipated him being, but your roster has evolved and players have evolved, right, so now he is subjected to being that guy for you, and that is okay. That's all I'm saying is okay. So I'm not saying him instead of Illinoy. I'm saying he does things that Illinoy doesn't do. If Illinoy does things that he doesn't do, so you can't cross compare them. But the scenario is going to bring out is going to require for them to be input it in different situations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really quickly, because I know Patrick has a great point coming up, but for me, it would be Jonathan Mingo all day, every day because of the advantage that he gives you from his size. I think the fact that he is a big bodied receiver that he does have yack ability. I think just as a threat, is going to give you more production than a Jalen Tolbert if he is able to do the same things that Jalen Tolbert is doing.
Speaker 1: Have we seen it?
Speaker 4: We have not seen it yet, but we haven't seen much of Jonathan Mingo to be fair much.
Speaker 3: Oh that was my point is I don't think we've seen it from Mingo either. I don't think I can practice one thousand percent say Jonathan Mingo is an upgrade over Jalen Tolbert. But I want to get the Patrick first, just based off yeah, this conversation, I think I'm leaning towards Isaiah here, but I want to hear Patrick.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let me lead with this. Don't you in your life put Jalen Tolbert and.
Speaker 5: Jason No, no, no, no, no, no, not at all. But he said, I was referring to the yak ability. Okay, like Tolber is going to catch the ball, He's not going to create a separation. But somebody's going to be on his back because he's not quick. And I hear what you're saying, but I'm talking about being okay with somebody just catching the ball.
Speaker 1: Okay, like that. That's what you're having to say, not comparing. No heck, no, okay, no, no, no, Yeah, I'm just saying I don't want him. Listen to play with it. W W. You know he's gonna catch the ball. Don't expect him to break a tackle and go take off one time and he did want the same. Yeah, I just want to Yeah. Now that being said, so everything you said about Tolbert is it is correct counterpoint for me. I don't think, having now finally seen what Ryan Flinoy can be, they've given him enough target so he can have a breakout game. And you've seen I think that we haven't seen enough of Mingo, but we have seen enough of Floyd. I think Flinoy is the sixth best option on offense. I think Tobert in the Mingo conversation now becomes behind Ryan Flinoy for me. Interesting, Now you said you know better than most. Okay, it's not simply about the ability to catch, but Flinoy has that right It's not simply about the y act, but Flanoy has that as well. Receivers have to be able to block and willing to block. Flinoy has proven more so to me, and that's simple sized willingness, and he has the physical stature and the aggressiveness, the violence to be able to do that. Also, when you look at penalties, let's let's talk everything penalties. Granted, Flinoy doesn't have as many reps in the league, so for compare, You're right, it's hard to compare because you could say, well, if you're extrapolate for how many wood Floyd probably have, we're not doing all that. You just know that Flinoy didn't have the penalties that For example, as Jaydon bleuw how he feels about that Tobert holding that deleted what would have been his biggest play thus far, you know what I mean. Or you go back to Cowboys in Green Bay the line, you know the penalty that helped custom that game. So Tobert has helped you win games. Talk about the Toad draftswag against the Packer. Packers, well, at least tie that game.
Speaker 3: He helped win the game Pittsburgh last year.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, so he's helped definitely. Yeah, and he did it with with hurt man parts as he said, So I have a ton of respect for Tobert. So my take on Flinoy being higher on my list of offensive weaponry for Dak Prescott is not a knock to Tobert. It's simply to say that when you factor everything in willingness to block, ability to block, lack of penalties, U yak yardage somebody who can attack at the point of the high point and catching traffic and get guys off of him like you're seeing him make guys miss in the open field, but also guys are falling off of him when they get his arms around him. So for me, I think the conversation is rightful with Mingo and Tobert, but I think Fanoy, Oh you got a moved up that Notoch, So he's the sixth give me the bigger threat. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I look at this, this skill set or the skill position group for the Cowboys as a basketball team and a reference here. You got a starting five.
Speaker 1: Of course, your your point guards, Dak Prescott, that's that's your guy.
Speaker 3: Then you've got Pickens, lamb Ferguson, and then Williams. Those are your four other guys, and they all play a specific role. Some are explosive, all can do their job at an extremely high level. That's your starting five, But you're starting five can't play the whole game, right, You're gonna have to have role players to come off the bench. That's where Turpin comes in. That's where Tolbert comes in. That's where Flinoy comes in.
Speaker 1: So the the.
Speaker 3: Knock on Tolbert a lot of it has to do with his draft stock and what they expected him to be. I think we've seen what Tolbert is and who he can be. He can make an impact. He can do certain things in this offense that can help you win football games. He's done something that Ryan Flanoy hasn't done, which is catch touchdown passes. Ryan Flanoy has zero touchdown passes in his career. But Ryan Flanoy has done something that Jalen Tolbert hasn't done. His explosiveness led to a one hundred yard receiving game, whereas Jalen Tolbert has never had a one hundred yard receiving game. So it's not an either or question unless you're trying to make a roster move. And that's where Jonathan Mingo enters the Fold, of course, So it's all about what they see in their scheme, in their system and how they're going to employ that plan under their starting five moving forward. Because this would be a much heftier conversation if Lamb and Pickens were out like we've seen Lamb out this year, Pickens stepped up and they just fed him the rock.
Speaker 1: More and more.
Speaker 3: If Pickens was never in the Fold to start this season, it would be a bigger role because you need one of those role players to step into a starting role. You don't need that right now, but what you do need is to field a capable team around you're starting five and give you something that you don't have somewhere aut.
Speaker 1: Real quick look at mel ask are we apologizing because flow is better?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 1: No, you know who you're asking this though.
Speaker 13: This is Flow Hive baby, exactly. We've always been on Flo bandwagon and we've had we've had plenty of criticism for Jalen Tolbert. But it's an either or question, right.
Speaker 4: But I mean, look to the future, because I don't think you. I mean, look at just simply the contracts you have Mingo on contract for at least two more years correct, one after this year, one after this year, and then you also have Floy with his draft pick. So two more years, right, Jalen.
Speaker 1: Tolbert's not coming back, probably not.
Speaker 4: So, I mean so at that point, then then there's why not incorporate him more into the offense that you're to keep running.
Speaker 1: Sean hum is going to be here next year. He's here, and I know we got get out to the next collar, but but he's here. He's been productive. What you is he explosive?
Speaker 5: No, And that's why people like the shiny thing in Flinoid. He's the shiny thing. He's an explosive player. He can you look forward to what he can do when he gets the ball in his hands. But the reality is Torbert has shown you he consistently that he can get the ball in his hands.
Speaker 3: When one of those starting five is out, Ryan Flinoy is a better fit to fill that role. But when they're all together and that starting five is all complete, maybe you need a steady.
Speaker 1: Hand in the fold.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of the thought process there. It's dependent on the situation and it's a good problem to have. This is a great problem. You got seven capable wide receivers and pass catchers or skilled players around Dak Prescott that you feel very confident.
Speaker 1: Will you make it inactive? And yeah, I mean he's going to be Foster. But once Mingo gets up to speed, and I look forward to seeing him with Dak, because that was one thing that I hated last year is that you could not gauge Mingo because Cooper Rush has zero connection. Now he couldn't, right, But once Mingo gets up to speed, assuming.
Speaker 5: We don't know what he can do, right, we truly don't exactly what We truly don't know what I mean, assuming.
Speaker 1: They Trevor Keagan, just hypothetically, if he goes to ire, assuming they don't wave a receiver, that means you're going super heavy at receiver. Super so somebody's gonna say, yeah, who's going to be an actor?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: We got to get to her a second.
Speaker 1: Collegeames, Troy, Troy and Philly. That's a good question to Troy and Philly. You're on talking cowboys? What's up Troy?
Speaker 14: Hey my guys, how you guys doing?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 14: Hey, hey man? Well, first of all, Friday's called on Friday's Show was special. Josh, keep it coming. I mean you know, except for the you know, no, no, you ask for it.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 14: As far as where the team is, I'm actually pretty good with where the team is three three and one. A couple of games ID like to have back, particularly to Chicago and Carolina games I'd like to have back. But I'm okay with this with where the team is. Considering the I believe they have an elite quarterback, weapons all around them, good coaching. I'm I'm good with that because I believe in in in years past, this team has peaked a little too soon or in September, October, maybe early November, they go on six seven, eight game winning streaks or maybe five and one six on whatever it is, and I think they peak a little too soon and then sort of limp into the playoffs. So as long as this team is a sending, I'm good with that. But that's that leads me to my question. I wanted to ask you guys, is there a and I know you guys can't mention names, but is there a Pickens type player out there that maybe a team don't want or don't think that they're going to be able to sign them, or whatever the case may be. On defense, that the general manager, the owner thinks that he can believe that he can go out and get and get this defense maybe from thirty wherever it is, thirty one, thirty two, whatever it is, to that fifteen to twenty range, and what position do you think that that may that guy may be out there?
Speaker 3: Thank God, Thanks Troy and Philly for the call.
Speaker 1: Great question.
Speaker 3: I know one name what was that we hit on this a little bit. Yeah, we talked about it a little bit yesterday on whether or not there needs to be a move made moving forward. I think there's one name that we can talk about because he's a free agent that Isaiah has been very adamant on trying to go and join forces with. He wants Christian Wilkins.
Speaker 1: He really Yeah, he's tickled by Christian wilm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the idea certainly has him infatuated whenever it comes to putting him on the defensive line. But as far as the trade goes, if you're going to get an impact player on defense in the middle of a season, it's.
Speaker 1: Going to cost you a pretty penny. On cost you little, it's going to cost you lot a lot it's going.
Speaker 3: So what do you think, Pat when you look at other rosters are around the league.
Speaker 1: There are there are a couple names that we can't say, like you mentioned, we can't. But I've said this on the show as recently as a couple weeks ago, when maybe even last week, when you asked me to put on the GM cap, I said I would make a trade. I would be willing to part with one of those first round picks that you got in to deal with Micah, and I would address the defensive imposition. And I get what you're saying with the defensive tackle. I'm curious to see where perry On Winfrey is in his return behind Kenny Clark and trying to boaster that situation. But we'll see. I am more confident in the run defense getting back to where they need to be than I am with the outlook for the past rush. I know what you have with James Houston. Love that. I love that I see Jadavion Clowney finding his groove. I love that I see Dante Fowler getting on the right track and kind of getting close to what we know Dante can be. But as we have this conversation, am I willing to bet the season on it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I am not, which means I am willing to part ways with one of those picks to go go and get a George Pickens type guy. And there's one in my in my mind right now. I can't see his name, but ye, the guy's quite a tiger. Yeah understood.
Speaker 5: There are some solid D linemen on some teams that suck right now, some solid interior D linemen. I would like to have a defensive end to go out there and get some pressure. But the reality is, if you can stop a team from running the ball, you can elicit pressure.
Speaker 1: Right last week, Yeah, so I would love to go get the free agent, the tickler a law or I sure can. I would love to go get him.
Speaker 5: Or I would like to grab one of these guys from from one of these teams that.
Speaker 1: Just are terrible and they're going nowhere right now. And Tennessee Titans have have some big fellas, some big fellas up front that are big time run stoppers, and I think that they are most likely exploring all options.
Speaker 3: That are on the table, so you're not looking at pass rush to bolster.
Speaker 1: I would much rather put it like this. If Clark gets hurt, what do you what do you mean? That would be rough. That's why I say, yeah, I mean you saw that on Sunday. Came out of the game. Great, thank god you went back in.
Speaker 4: But it's like, if that is not indicative of a winning series.
Speaker 1: That's what he's out because he is such.
Speaker 4: A crucial element to that defense.
Speaker 1: Creded for him for.
Speaker 5: That hope, that flash in front of all the decision maker's eyes like, oh he's down, Like he very easily could have torn his whole el ball off on that play and you would have been sitting up there like, all right, Mizzie, let's go.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I will say if if, if that's what you're going to do, I'm with you on I don't know if I'm with you on on the who. But that's a free agency thing that I would do, Like because you've already traded to acquire a guy Kenny Clark right there. I'm not trading to acquire another guy. Why there? I just you have the depth there?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you comfortable with the depth there?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: So why wouldn't you. I'm good with the free agent? Are you good with Mizzi Smith? Are you good with Joy? Right now? You're not good with either one of them? What I'm saying, that's that's that's I also said, I need to know where Perryon is in his recovery. I need to know. But is he a dominant I don't know. You know what I'm saying. So I'm saying dominant.
Speaker 5: If you can have two surf dominant interior defensive line run stoppers and not even talking about I'm talking about two interior big fellas, you're not running the ball in here. You change the entire dynamic of your defense, especially when you have linebackers that are most likely undersized, considered to be undersized, that fly around and hit. If you can free up those linebackers to run and hit, and then you can go out there and press man with your utopia of defensive backs that you have right with Revel and dB and Diggs. If that's your what you're trying to get to stop the run forces cast to pass.
Speaker 1: I will get some pressure. I'll send one additional linebacker.
Speaker 5: I'll send Leah Foil, I'll send Overshown, I'll send Shamar James, I'll send whoever to get some more pressure.
Speaker 1: Oh, just like you just saw this past week. But listen, schematically, I have one percent agree with you. How we get there is where we're not on the same page. Example, So what you're wanting is a one tech situation that mirrors to three tech situation you have. Osa, You have Sally Sally, Osa Sal Sally Sally was a free agency and he's older. That's fair. I'm simply saying that you could solve this in free agency and I will be more comfortable with it. And honestly, if you not, I'm not out on Wilkins. But if you're coming to me and you're saying, would you rather trade to acquire someone behind Kenny Clark or would you rather go with Wilkins, then I would rather go.
Speaker 5: I don't think that Wilkins is healthy. Otherwise he would have been gone by now, right, So I don't think he's healthy. But I, or you can tell HI might be the other thing, if you can tell me if that's too But if you could tell me that I could put somebody next to Kenny Clark that's going to demand the respect of the opposing offensive.
Speaker 1: Line, man, give me that dude.
Speaker 5: Give me like this dude in the one technique, this dude in the three technique. We can't move these guys.
Speaker 1: We can't.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Osa, Osa, go do what you do Solomon cool? Right, and then young fellas y'all sprinkling there as well. Right, But like being able to put two guys on the inside between the guard and the center is saying yeah, nah, not in here, player, Like that changes absolutely if you're playing Madden, that changes anything you like.
Speaker 1: But I'm going outside. I mean, let me ask you a question there, Alan Kine combos what you're talking about, Yeah, washing it in which you did not want to run straight?
Speaker 3: Josh is gonna ask this question, and then we got to go to break.
Speaker 1: Just really quickly.
Speaker 4: I feel like if you bring in a pass rusher as opposed to a defensive tackle, I think that is going to improve the play of oh So Diggiz. I really think he benefited obviously he benefited from the pass rusher of Michael Parsons when Michael Parsons was here. If you bring in a guy that is able to give you an upgrade of what you currently over what you currently have in Sam Williams, please you know what I mean, I think you need to do that. I think that's the move that I would make currently. But I also just beef up the defensive line.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: In any way, whether it's an end whether it's interior.
Speaker 1: Fine with that interior.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with the interior being an important part of this whole puzzle in how it is. But would you say this year twenty twenty five is the best interior defensive line play the Cowboys have had in Tayta for sure pushing over days, Yeah, absolutely and totally I completely agree. But if you're gonna spend high draft capital to do something, even with the best interior defensive line play that we've had in ten years in the Cowboys organization, you've had one of the worst.
Speaker 1: Pass rushes we've there.
Speaker 3: That's in the same time, you.
Speaker 1: Can even with one play exactly.
Speaker 3: Let's just agree. If you want to sure up the depth of your defensive tackle room, sure, fine, go make it happen. Just don't spend first round draft picks to go get somebody.
Speaker 5: I did say, Yeah, I'm gonna s saying first round because I don't know who you would trade a first interior d lineman.
Speaker 1: But I know we gotta go. But I.
Speaker 5: You have to be dominant somewhere. Yeah, you can't just be across the board. So if you're close, if you think that you're closest to being dominant on an interior, then become dominant.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Taking our second break, Mike and New York will get to you quickly on the other side right after this with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: How's it going. You see that Cowboys game? Oh? I watched.
Speaker 11: I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent. You have some great talent, and they got some fight. Hoping this is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you. Travis. Go, Cowboys Go. Cowboys make a.
Speaker 12: New friend based solely on their shirt choice. What would you like the power to do? Bank of America the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Copyright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 12: Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 1: If you shout how about them Cowboys?
Speaker 6: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious, ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 1: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 6: I'm home, Hey mom, Before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice? Hey can you ahn? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine. Wow? Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 10: That's why if there's a network interruption, AT and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee. Credit for fib or downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident impact in ten more towers. The strictions in exclusions apply at dot com Slash Guarantee for.
Speaker 2: Details to Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Back.
Speaker 3: You're on Talking Cowboys. This segment of the show is brought to you by invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Let's quickly go to Mike in New York. You're on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: What a big fight?
Speaker 8: Well, what's going on? Guys? I want to say the biggest improvement I think for the Cowboys is obviously our defense. Hopefully we can just keep it up. I just you know, I feel like, you know, we get certain guys back over here back in a couple of weeks. It's just I want to just I want to see us be consistent on defense. It's you know, we talk about it all the times. That's that's that's my biggest takeaway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gotta be better on the defensive side. And we saw a step in the right direction, uh, coming up this past Sunday. That's the biggest thing. And that's part of what our debate was in the last segment, it was you were trying to beef up this defense enough to keep the moment and rolling in the right direction because your offense is elite. We've had that whole debate for a week now on this show, and I think we're seeing why that's the case.
Speaker 1: What do your linebackers do best? Run a hit down heroside down downhill? You think so? You think you're your entire linebacker corps. No, not an entire I'm talking about entire linebacker corps demo as well. Yeah, okay, sideline the sideline, right demo, certainly demo dem it's sidelined a sideline. But they are very different players. Mars, would you consider him down sideline the sideline?
Speaker 3: Kenneth Murray absolutely not, Jack Sanborn absolutely not. Marius Leah foul and Demarvi and Overshown who are right now have been either off the field entirely or not on the field at all. A ton in marrisle the guys you haven't been playing their sideline the sideline.
Speaker 5: So the guys that have been playing, so talking about a better down, so talking about potential additions for your future moves because games that are coming up as your future, right, So are we are we talking about what has been on the field in Sanborn? Are we going to talk about what is going to be on the field, which is who they're going to put.
Speaker 1: You got to look at Shamar because you know like he's getting tackling machine. Yeah, he's a tackling machine all over.
Speaker 3: So if that Sanbourne, if you have the linebacker, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If your linebackers can run and hit, which is what Dallas's linebackers do, right, your chances of you out running them sideline the sideline is slimming none correct.
Speaker 5: Put the big boys up front, go get it, Go get a big boy so that they teams have to I just run sideline the sideline. The chances it doesn't fix your pastors, but you can get pressure by by sending blizzes.
Speaker 1: If your goal.
Speaker 5: If you stop the run and now teams have to pass, and you have corners that you think now or that you've seen can play man the man defense.
Speaker 1: Now I have an extra guid to go send to you. But they are two to Coll's point, there are two, including the return of Demo. There are two linebackers in this depth dart that you cannot outrun sideline. The sideline it's demo and that's Marist. Okay, Shamar, maybe like Spades, it's impossible. Maybe you can't outrun Shamar because he's a tackling machine. You can probably outrun Murray. You can outrun Sandborn once you get is not gonna be on the field. No, I'm just saying because you're like, do you have linebackers that he can But what I'm saying, but with this defense you're playing how many linebackers two? Exactly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, big boyfriend, I still think you need to up your pass rush. I'm okay with depth.
Speaker 5: There's no team that's gonna give up their number one pass right, nobody's giving up their number one pass rusher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're probably right.
Speaker 3: It's not you're gonna pay, You're gonna break the bank to go do it.
Speaker 1: Teams will give up their interior d line.
Speaker 3: Now, all right, we've got to go here on talking Cowboys. We'll be back tomorrow. We're gonna preview a little QB vision the Cowboys offense against that upcoming defense in the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 1: That defense is nasty coming up there.
Speaker 3: They lost one they did, they certainly will tomorrow on Wednesday with the Talking Cowboys crew Patrick no C Walkers, Roderriguez, Isaiah stand back, Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Will see tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 7: How fuck you jel here