Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Slice reactions.
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 3: That's right, Brooklyn Boys Slice Time for episode three forty four and beyond. I'm scary, that's brody, he's brody.
Speaker 4: That's scary. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: You know, you shut your microphone off so soon?
Speaker 4: What are you doing that? That's not that's not making any sense what you just said. But all right, well, I'm scary and he's brody. I'm brody. I'm brody. You're scary.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: How many people do you think after hearing that Slicetime song since we've started doing it, which is I don't know a year or so ago that that song, maybe year and a half, how many people have checked out the original version, White Lines by Mellie mel White Lines, Don't do It. I think we've a song about cocaine, curiosity.
Speaker 3: Of some you know. Yeah, it's a great song. It's about Yeah, it's about don't do drugs.
Speaker 4: Man, Right, how many people do you think since we started doing playing that song have tried drugs?
Speaker 3: I think even more because more than tried out to more than the song. I think more people.
Speaker 4: Try don't do drugs you're gonna do. I'm wondering if you if you didn't hear the song, you know what, if you have a drug problem, if you should listen to that song because it'll just it just says don't do it. You'll be like, oh, I shouldn't. Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But people do the opposite of what they're told all the time, so those campaigns are ineffective.
Speaker 4: Okay, then don't listen to that song. Ah, they will reverse psychology. So that was all part of the Nancy Reagan just say no. Remember that just said no. Oh, that'll solve the drug crisis. Just say no.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, well we'll just say yes to Slice Time. Thanks for being here with us, Thanks for submitting, submitting, your your your your your radio app.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, finish my senators for you today, please, I say. Well okay. So, So, by the way, if this is your first experience with our podcast, because I don't know if you guys have noticed it yet, but Scary and I have posted video of us doing the podcast success little segments, little promos, and so if this is your first time tuning in, this is Slice Time. This is the second episode we do about the previous episode. So people leave talked back to.
Speaker 3: Hold on wait wait wait wait, we might be introducing ourselves to a brand new audience.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. Oh no, this is a terrible start. Is the worst star we've ever gotten on the podcast ever, you you've been worse. So it is first time we suggest you listen to a regular Brooklyn Boys podcast episode, because this is the episode about the episode heard yet and you do over? No, we can't.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, you.
Speaker 4: Can't put this is like terrible, This was the worst.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about it to myself just now.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this is the worst ever that we've ever started the podcast.
Speaker 4: What is our What is our podcast about? It's about the two of us rambling about whatever, and we just did that. So welcome to the Brooklyn Boys Slice time the episode about the Brooklyn Boys podcast, and you're gonna hear our regular listeners and some of our listeners who listen occasionally leaving their thoughts and comments and sometimes songs and impressions about what we've do. This is the companion episode. This isn't the main episode. This is do not listen to this, do not do not listen to it.
Speaker 3: But it's the thing about the thing. It's not about you know. This is about episode three forty four and beyond. This is not about Oh wait a second, Oh man, we.
Speaker 4: Recommend you listen to episode zero first and then start your way on the journey.
Speaker 6: Yeah all right.
Speaker 3: Well, with that said, the only people who get to leave talkbacks are those who listen to the iHeartRadio app because they clicked them the micro little microphone button. Yes, so okay, So if you listen to any other way, well sorry, you don't get to be part of this little club, but you can next time. All right, great, let's start. Let's see what we got going on here. I hope it's a good one.
Speaker 8: M DANYP.
Speaker 9: From Bayonne.
Speaker 10: Both of you are wrong.
Speaker 7: He was imitating macho Man Randy Savage, not hul Covid.
Speaker 6: That's right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: In the last episode of The Brooklyn Boys, or the last episode of Slice Time, somebody kicked off with what we thought was a whole Covid impression. Turns out it was macho man Ready Savage.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well, you know what the difference between let me tell you something, brother and uh, munchul man Randy Savage. It's not that much of a difference, but I get it. Okay, sorry about that Ranby. Yeah, Brody, that is fucking weird. Who the fuck di sketches the eye with your middle finger.
Speaker 6: I just tried doing it.
Speaker 4: It looks stupid and it feels weird. Yes, scary. Wait wait a second, oh me, you were giving me the finger when you were scratching your eye with your middle finger. Nobody does that.
Speaker 3: I was not subliminately giving you the middle finger. I prom no, you were deliberately giving me the middle finger. Wow, you think I'm that bad? I think you're much worse.
Speaker 6: Brody and scary.
Speaker 4: Never scary and brody.
Speaker 6: It's well.
Speaker 11: From first off, I just wanted to, you know, nicely correct you guys on the the first guy that was on Slice time last week. You know he was impersonating macho man Randy Savage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not whole Cogan. We got you.
Speaker 11: You guys were like Togan. I was like, oh no, oh no, guys. But anyway, it's all good. But also I also missed the days, you know, opening up that fire hydrant, all traffic stopped because everybody was enjoying the water all over the street. Were the best times, Kidsney, These days don't know what the hell they're missing. And also, yeah, I agree with those fucking people that just go to Costco and just grab a handful of samples. Don't say thank you or nothing. Fucking people ever take the ship out of me. Fuck them, yeah, thank you, but yeah fuck them.
Speaker 4: Thank you thought and one more thing before I forget fuck them up again.
Speaker 12: Pizza delivery guy here, Brody, I completely understand about the hand in the hot tub. And then also, you can go to the community pool. The hot tub is at your house. It's your private thing, and at least you can control that, right, okay. And the community pool is fun. People want to go there. It's fun, it's a nice atmosphere. The concessions stand is always pretty cool, and you can relax a little bit. But at your own private house, you can control how clean your water is there and what you go into, so that that is understandable. You're not going too far on that one. Love your Guys show.
Speaker 4: Too, buddy, Thank you, although plural of guys is still guys, but anyway, he's my favorite call is so far.
Speaker 13: Hey guys, Laura from Connecticut. I remember the good old days when we opened the fire hydrant and just stayed out there for hours. My dad worked for the police department also, so he had the sprinkler cap. We used so much fun just hanging out there.
Speaker 14: And if there was days that he couldn't open the fire hydrant he wasn't there at work, then we put the sprinkler in the driveway and spent the day running in and out of the sprinkler.
Speaker 13: Those were good times.
Speaker 4: I did a lot of that these kids today with their Ai water.
Speaker 12: Brody I'm sorry episode two fifty nine, whoa she said? Collections with an ash at the end. Okay, by the way, it was pepy delivery guy. Nice people always listening to your guys' old episodes after I listened to the new one? Of course, does I have to wait a week for another one?
Speaker 6: Fair enough?
Speaker 12: What else to do on a pizza delivery?
Speaker 14: Ralph?
Speaker 4: Love you guys, love you too? So I remember what he's talking about. I heard a commercial where it didn't sound like they pluralized and therefore the pronoun or the verb before it was for a singular and I thought it was. And it doesn't matter. I didn't hear the aspeties an s there, and that's what I was talking about. Okay, remember how I didn't care back then about that? You still don't. I still don't care.
Speaker 3: That was one hundred episodes ago. In fact, you pissed me off with that. I think I remember that.
Speaker 4: I remember, well, thank you bringing it back. I got angry.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what the hell are you doing? What the hell we we we analyzing here?
Speaker 6: But that's okay, it's what.
Speaker 12: We do, right, Pizza delivery guy again. Oh, I know it's tough sometimes, man, because you had your little thing planned to discuss what she did wrong and stuff, but it went sour. Buddy, what are we talking about collections with.
Speaker 4: An All right, you want to leave two way a different president. That's how long ago that was due.
Speaker 3: But hold on, he had to leave two consecutive ones. And all right, so you said the same thing twice. Sorry, he's be sure of himself and I wasn't. That was like the exclamation point here. I loved my comments so much, I'm gonna say it again.
Speaker 8: All right, Scary Brody Brody and scary rocket Steed for.
Speaker 12: The box over there.
Speaker 3: I just do him talking back because I'm so stupid, stupid, not.
Speaker 8: So that delivery commercially, you guys doing up on the h the podcast, but he said, blah.
Speaker 6: Blah BLAHM whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stup.
Speaker 8: To me, f M was something else, not free meal two coming up next gold On.
Speaker 11: So stupid me some reason did obviously recognize that FM was for free meals.
Speaker 5: I assumed was for FM radio.
Speaker 10: When you're not even on fucking radio.
Speaker 12: It's podcast is on FM radio.
Speaker 8: Obviously I wouldn't be a podcast, it would be an FM radio show.
Speaker 6: So I'm stupid.
Speaker 8: I apologize for the mistruing of that FM.
Speaker 4: No, you know what it's It doesn't matter either what you can have. The FM stand for whatever you want. When I first saw it, I thought it was FM radio. I did too, and then I realized because listen, a lot of these clients are buying radio ads right and and so the cop in their mind, it's like, oh, at FM for radio. It could be a M for AMRA, but it is free meals. I think I'm learning that.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 4: I think you didn't realize it was free meals either. No I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize until just now. So I was ten eight years old. By the way, my phone is ringing my house line, which never rings.
Speaker 4: And I can already see it rings rings when I call you because you don't answer your cel phone. Sometimes I call your he the only one who calls my house. That's excide from my dad. And I can tell you right now this is the real ty. They want to buy my house. It ain't for sale.
Speaker 3: This person calls me all the freaking time thinking that I want to sell my house.
Speaker 4: Upgrade. You need a bigger apartment. You do sell your apartment. Get a bigger apartment. By the way, Steve Rock and Steve were just realize this is a podcast, not FM radio, right, So I'm not going to mention any names, and it's I'm just it happened yesterday. I pickleball. I was wearing a Brooklyn Boys shirt and I'll tell more about the story on the next episode. But she said, oh, you do a podcast, when does it air?
Speaker 6: When does it air? I love that?
Speaker 4: So I had to explain, oh, we've gotten that before, all right, mm.
Speaker 15: Hmm, scaring body over there Rocking Seas.
Speaker 4: Actually listen for Brodie on and thank.
Speaker 8: You Bodie, because I was in episode three.
Speaker 5: When Jan Valdez went off on fucking five.
Speaker 8: Voice chats whatever funk they called talk and you kept saying sorry, and kept saying it intro on the fucking vomit. I actually hit puke in my own mouth. That was not very tasty. But can't avoid his fucking fuck.
Speaker 4: He just cut himself off.
Speaker 6: That's his opinion of Juan Valdez.
Speaker 16: Brooklyn boys Backer from Long Island. So the story that's scared. We was talking about where he got the money back from the gas station. I remember that he had paid with a hundred and the guy gave him back the change plus the one hundred dollars bill that he had a ridge.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 16: And then when you tried to look out Google for the gas station, you couldn't remember what That's right. So yeah, you and Robin were on a road trip or coming back from somewhere I guess Jersey, and you said you google it, but you couldn't remember exactly which gas station it was, So that's right.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's the story.
Speaker 16: I remember clearly. I listened to every single episode.
Speaker 4: So thank you, thank you for love you remembering better than Scary did about his own life, and.
Speaker 3: No, and coming to my defense because I defended myself then and I'll defend myself now. When she just came to my defense that I didn't have to go back because you.
Speaker 4: Were accusing me.
Speaker 3: She didn't say it didn't have to go back. No, you're the one on the last episode of Brooking Boys. You are the one who said I should have gone back, And I'm like, there was a great reason why I didn't go back. Beca just wanted to give them money back. Oh, Beckett and beck I didn't, couldn't.
Speaker 4: I looked it up.
Speaker 3: I tried to give the money back after I came back and Frey got home.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what gas station it was. Thank you, Becca, cash at a gas station any lawyer anyway, Hey, guys, what's going on?
Speaker 5: It's the old cowboard. Chuck here one more time, Yes, Siri Barbrino. You know I won't be listening to this week's episode of Brooklyn Borris till sometime Monday, Monday morning, you know, because I listen to you guys while I'm working and driving my truck, you know. But anyway, you know, I thought i'd call in because I didn't know if i'd get in on time, you know, since I'm gonna be listening on Monday. But I wanted to say that everybody, nobody mentioned Chuck Man Uni.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's right, Sorry about Brino.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, mister Chuck Mangoni, a great jazz musician, passed away this past week, along side with mister Ozzy Osbourne and mister Malcolm Jamal Warner and a few other celebrities that I won't mention. But you know, for those of you that don't know who Chuck Manjoni is, you know, you probably don't know who he is, but you've heard his music, maybe in an elevator and a grocery store or in the movie. You know, he's got some good tunes out there. And there's one song in particular that I know everybody's heard. I don't care who you are, you've heard it. You hear it, you're gonna hear You're gonna say that you've heard that song before. It goes a little song like this like this right here here, it goes, Oh yeah, sleep and sleep music as Surrey Barber, you know. But anyway, you know, rest in peace, all three of these fellows, and may God rest your souls and you will be greatly missed.
Speaker 4: Yes, hey guy, this is me again.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm sorry I had to come back on here and say something about something that caught my ear on the Last Last Time episode where Regi said that she only got ten hours of PTO per year and if she got sick.
Speaker 4: She had to use her personal time off for that.
Speaker 5: That's a bunch of crap if you, if you ask me, that ain't right. But I hope that company wakes up and you know, eventually starts taking care of their employees.
Speaker 4: Because that is just it's terrible, terrible.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Trucker, appreciate you, and thank you for your ode to uh Chuck Mangioni no relation to Luigi Mangioni.
Speaker 4: The song by Chuck Mangioni is Feels So Good, which I think was nineteen seventy seven. That's the one you playing a lot of movies. And yeah, I do a nice trumpet. Nice. Yeah, I heard a little humming in there, more than the horn, but it's not off really well.
Speaker 17: The Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 9: We will be right back.
Speaker 4: Do you like my trumpet? I'm not going to comment on that. Have you ever tried to blow your own trumpet?
Speaker 15: Scary?
Speaker 18: No, never, you just did, mister brood Tarski. I couldn't figure out. So where do you stand on going in your own hot tub naked because you said the water all goes everywhere anyway. But it sounded like you thought that wasn't okay.
Speaker 4: I couldn't tell what. Oh, it's okay. Hold on, answer that it's okay to be naked in your own hot tub, especially if strangers aren't going in your hot tub.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: I did not get naked in my hot tub because I had a family, you know, and I just know what mentally, I would not do that. I'm calling bullshit.
Speaker 3: When you're alone, you've gotten naked in your heart hot tub, you absolutely.
Speaker 4: Have no Come on, no, because I got God forbid somebody came home. In all these years, Well, let's.
Speaker 3: Say your you know, your wife, your family were away, you knew there was no shot they were coming back.
Speaker 12: You didn't.
Speaker 3: You've never got and in your your backyard's private, you've never once gotten naked in your hot tub.
Speaker 4: I to think you know you have no.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't believe I did.
Speaker 19: Okay, Hey, brooleboys shaving from Queens again, last one I promised.
Speaker 17: Brody.
Speaker 19: You were talking about how your realtor was surprised you got in a pool with strangers. Reminds me of when I used to work at a weekend sci fi convention in a hotel. A bunch of us had a rule that we would never go in the pool the first day. We would wait until the second day because that first night they would shock the pool because everyone knew that the people who were sweating from traveling would jump in the pool that first day before any of the convention stuff started.
Speaker 4: Well, although that makes sense, I don't think hotel employees give a damn and are shocking the pool thinking the way you do. Yeah, that's what's in there for days.
Speaker 20: Hey, Brooklyn boys, this is Maria from Union City.
Speaker 4: Scary.
Speaker 20: How many times have you been reminded on the Big Show by Elvis and Company that you stole Elvis's toaster, oven or microwaiver or whatever it was. It was a big box that Elvis wasn't using, and you remind Elvis you wasn't using it, but you did it. I'm asking you just took it, So that's technique that he's stealing.
Speaker 19: You're just saying, not judging.
Speaker 20: Still love you, guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he didn't even tell Elvis. He didn't even ask Elvis we goold. He just took it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I didn't think he'd miss it because it was just there for so long. But he eventually took it home. Oh yeah, he remembered, Oh well, it's all good. And then, by the way, Nate put me up to it. Nate put me up to that because Night.
Speaker 4: Is a producer on the show. In case you're not aware.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nate from the Big Show, he said. I said, do you think he'll miss this?
Speaker 4: He goes, no way, just take it. So he egged me on. Yeah, but scary, you committed the crime. It was in his office for a long time. You can't blame Nate.
Speaker 15: You can't.
Speaker 4: But if Nate, if Nate tells you to go rob a bank and you rob a bank, you can't tell the cops.
Speaker 3: Nate told me to do it, I know, but it wasn't technically stealing. And plus I fetched up to it right away and I and I brought it right back. I gave it back to the security cameras everywhere. Of course, you fessed up.
Speaker 4: No, I'm blessing everybody knew you took it. Nate knew you took it. He told me to do it. They would have ridded you out in a heartbeat. If you hadn't brought it back.
Speaker 21: You probably, Hey, Brooklyn boys, MJ from NJ. Anyway, the last Slice episode, I don't know you guys were talking about uh singing Brooklyn back in the day with the fire hydrants. Oh my god, what memories. And the ice cream man this the Safty and the good Yuma guide. Oh my god, the good Yuma used to have this ice cream that was chocolate chip, but like something in the middle of it. It was a pop It had candy in the middle.
Speaker 18: Was so.
Speaker 21: Part two coming? Oh so part two? Yes, that ice cream was the best toasted alm and Alle Minsley and my mom she usedill love that. So those were really good memories that you brought onto that on that episode. Also, this is a little old the cheese one with the with the kid. Oh my god, I won't even eat over there anymore. You don't know what finger fingering he might have done.
Speaker 5: The love you guys bye.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine she moves to Montana, then she's gonna be like I am MJ from Empty.
Speaker 3: Yeah she doesn't sound right. Yeah, she's always going to be MJ from NJ to us.
Speaker 20: All right, Hey, Brooklyn boys, this is Maria from Union City. Again, Brody. I'm so sorry that you were like almost living a nightmare with the whole thing with the gas pump at your at your car. It wasn't meant to scare you. It is meant to scare scary because you know she doesn't turn his car off.
Speaker 21: But anyway, you're okay.
Speaker 15: Me too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't think you said you sent it to me way before I did it. I just remembered you send it to me to tell scary and then here I go starting my call at the guest bump in my call.
Speaker 6: Yeh, see that that that doesn't scare me.
Speaker 4: I did it again yesterday. You done as a break, guys. It's tess.
Speaker 22: I'm just laughing at you, guys about the audacity of people shoving peanut butter cups down their pants and trying to steal them. Well, I told you, I work in the court system here, and you'd be surprised at the amount of things that people steal.
Speaker 4: Our favorite is.
Speaker 22: One person who's now in jail because that's where he belongs. He loves to steal from Stop and shop, so he likes to take shrimp, steaks, whatever and shove them down his pants every time he tries to leeve, he gets caught, and he's the worst criminal.
Speaker 17: He keeps getting arrested.
Speaker 22: So anyway, so'll go to jail for a while, come back out and start stealing again from stopping shop. So every time I see him, I say the same thing, like you just can't stop sticking steaks in your pants, right, And he's just like ha ha ha, And I'm like no, but you keep getting caught and you suck.
Speaker 4: Is a criminal the name of the super Bowl.
Speaker 22: Hey guys, last thought, Please anyone who can hear this out there, please stop leaving your keys in your car or your car running.
Speaker 4: Okay, please stop doing it. What people are.
Speaker 22: Doing now is that they're getting very sophisticated with this shit. Your keys in your car and they take your car, duh. But then what they'll do is now your whole entire house key's on there, and they'll come back later at a different time, duplicate your keys, put your stuff back, and then they'll rob you or do a home invasion. Okay, Please be vigilant out there, everybody, and stay strapped or get clapped.
Speaker 4: Motherfucker. I saw this in Hoboken yesterday.
Speaker 3: Somebody I was going outside of Jet Ski Bryant's house ready to get my uber, and the car in front of the building was running. I'm like, what the fuck? And it was nobody inside, nobody inside the car. Well, you could have if you start the car. For I've started my car from inside the house to get it warmed up. What I have the air conditioning kick on. Yeah, but you can't drive anywhere without the key inside. By the way, des brought up a good point. LETNA give you, guys, Brodie's tip of the day. So if somebody steals your car and you have a navigation system in the car, uh, and you have a button that says home, they can just drive to your house. They know you're not home because they have your car, and now they know where you live. And if you have right so I'll I will tell you now my home button is like a block away from where I actually live. Because I don't need my navigation system to take me to my house, right, I need my navigation system to take me roughly to my house. I can get the rest of the way.
Speaker 4: So if anyone steals my car, they're not going to find my house because there's nothing in my house in my car with my address, nothing I made sure of it, So go fud yourself DEAs again.
Speaker 22: I'm sorry one last time.
Speaker 4: I promise.
Speaker 22: Scary isn't going in the pool at your girlfriend's, parents', father's, whoever's house the same thing as going on vacation to your bougie locations multiple times per year and taking your shirt off and getting in a pool with people that you don't know you know with a DJ's rocking the beat and you know it's from a bar.
Speaker 17: It's kind of the same thing.
Speaker 4: Not because you don't know those people either.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, people.
Speaker 4: I explained this last week. I guess you didn't hear it too. We talked about this. The people at the hotel aren't looking at Scary, aren't going to judge Scary, will never see Scary again, So he doesn't care what anything correct. But if he does something stupid in a pool with people he has to see again, he's worrying they're gonna judge him and be like, who swims like that?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 4: Like that?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah no?
Speaker 3: Or if I see them at a future family function, forget about that.
Speaker 6: No way, No.
Speaker 3: Those people are just enough to be acquaintances but not strangers.
Speaker 4: But they're not your best friend. Scary doesn't want Robin's uncle to know that he grooms himself a certain way.
Speaker 3: Well, i'll tell you what. We've had a great day and I was fine and nobody's judging, so there. I had a great time. I took my shirt off, went in the pool, did all the swimming. Robin saw you with your shirt off.
Speaker 6: But that she always does.
Speaker 4: What are you talking about? Amazing? She's still with you. Yeah, you're kidding me. Go figure out. I have a hairless back. Yeah, because she waxes. If you no, I know, I born without hair on my back. That's one of you know.
Speaker 3: You think that I'm some kind of like gorilla Italian, some greasy gorillabrows. One would say, no, I've got I was blessed. I have no I have no hair grows on my bat back or my butt. It's amazing, smooth as a baby's bottom. Never this is why Robin loves you. Never took a razor to it, never had to.
Speaker 23: Thankfully he brooken boy before guests, and it's oh, it's brody, is Scary.
Speaker 17: From j I love you, girl.
Speaker 23: I love all your comments, I love all your contributions to I love your voice. I love all your shenanigans. Bring more shenanigans. I like to hear more shenanigans. Ana shut out to you girl. Hey Sexy.
Speaker 6: Eight by Juan Valdez.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Steve is ripping his hair out, rocking Steve over there.
Speaker 4: It comes scary.
Speaker 15: Three.
Speaker 23: While you scratching your eyebowl with you nadle finger, that's rude, that's disrespectful, you being cassy. I am canceling you right now. No, I'm kidding, thank you, but scary. I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 17: That's that's just fuck you. If I if.
Speaker 23: I fix my eyebrow with my middle finger.
Speaker 17: That's fuck you. If I fix if I scratch.
Speaker 23: My eye with my midte that's fuck you.
Speaker 17: That's universal fuck you. So a broken bush beholds and is always broken and scary.
Speaker 23: Some commenting M Jay's comment about vacations X, I also only have seven vacation days, not.
Speaker 17: Fifty two weeks of vacation like Scary Jones. Sorry, that's right.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 23: And I also use them for doctor's appointments and birth fix And that's about it. This is real life, not Scary Jones life. So yeah, most of yours, most of us only have seven vacations. That's not fifty two A broken bush beholds and it's always broady scary. So a guy who hates my voice, it's in my voice, It's in my tonal voice.
Speaker 17: They said my accent.
Speaker 23: And do you also hate Angel, because that would be that would be uh the kicker, because if you hate me and you hate Angel, then it's a racist thing. But hey, let me know in the comments, comment on this comment on.
Speaker 3: The next he broke Oh, I think we broke it up there wait broke.
Speaker 17: Behead and is always bron scary scary Jones.
Speaker 23: I listened the day off of both their Broken Boys and.
Speaker 17: Slice Sam, even if I haven't left the talk back.
Speaker 23: I listen because I want to support all my slices and if they live talkbacks, I want to comment. I want to listen their day off, so we kind of are sort of fueled. Hey, broken Bussy behoefdus and it's always broad and scary. And you know why, it's always bron and scary scary Jones, you lie, and you lie all the time. And I'm sorry to bring this up to you, but when you got the extra overchange, whence you got gas.
Speaker 17: Your excuse was oh I was too far.
Speaker 23: I didn't know where the gas station was. Oh my god, he made the mistake. It's not my fault. It's on tape.
Speaker 17: I'm sorry. It is on tape.
Speaker 23: Hey, broken, and it is always Brodie scary, but maybe on this one it's scary and Brody or uh, halt fart, Brody controversy, Brodie soup because if he is in a hot tub and it's only Brody on hot water, then it's it's Brody soup. And yes, if somebody puts his hand in it, it's kind of disgusting because it's supposed to be a kind of just Brody soup.
Speaker 17: Broken, and it's always Brodie scary.
Speaker 23: So on the last, last last sube, then I left that out today. So AnyWho, if you're in a Brody I'm sorry, but the pool is futtle chemicals. Uh, they're gonna kill anything, and if somebody poops or peeps, then they even put even more chemicals to kill everything. So yeah, pool, fine, you're hot tub not so fun?
Speaker 5: Hey goud it's me again.
Speaker 4: Now hold on, if I if I could just comment on mister valdezro he's he's still going.
Speaker 6: I still have more from him coming up.
Speaker 4: Even if there's chemicals in the pool, Yeah, the butt crack water still going on my face. Don't want it there, So the chemicals doesn't change the fact this butt crack water where I'm swimming. And if a kid poops in the pool, who's putting chemicals in the water right away? And do chemicals get rid of poop? No, no they don't. The poop doesn't just magically disappear, all right, go on.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go back to the one that intercepted his cluster of talkbacks.
Speaker 6: This one here a brody.
Speaker 10: I'm listening to the Brooklyn but it is naked in my heart tub and oh it sounds like I should not do that sort let me put my beatings so down.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't like this. It's much better than naked.
Speaker 10: So I'm going to go back to listening naked in my heart hub and I will talk to you guys, dad.
Speaker 3: But we paused the the one Valdez parade for that, all right, all right? And it sounds like the trucker naked. The trucker got in there. These coming chronologically, so who.
Speaker 4: Knows if where's the trucker? You started playing itself, right, here.
Speaker 5: Hey, God, it's me again. No cowboy trucker here one more time. Yeah, Siri Barbarino. You know what, my heart goes out to you, because I surely do know what you're going through with that heat. You know, we have that kind of heat here where I live, you know, on a constant basis. It starts around April and don't until about the end of September, first couple of weeks of October.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: And I guarantee you gonna get people calling in from Florida and Texas and you're gonna tell you we're used to that can of heating. You know, that's a bunch of alone and nobody gets used to this heating. And if that was the case, there wouldn't be any As you know, AC companies have a heck a lot of business, you know, once summer starts and nobody gets used to this, you know, And you know, I have a little I wonder, you know, if mister Softy and Master Softy, you know, when they had the turf four going on, I wonder if mister soft went over there and uh.
Speaker 17: Okay, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, told us.
Speaker 6: Let me try and get to the other one to wur.
Speaker 5: Master Softy was trying to move in on their territory there, and if they rocked up the ice cream man, you know, kind of like Peach Lamana did to that kid that would do Polly Walnuts a sloan. You know that was bad. I'll tell you what. Maybe that's I don't know, did they do that. They did that, well, that's the way to get the message through. But you know it's a terrible thing they did already. Guess I'll see you later.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you. And then the final.
Speaker 4: One from the Sopranos mentioned Juan Valdez.
Speaker 23: Okay, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry to all this like say, hey, my voice. So if hypothetically Scary Johnes and Brody are recording the Brooken Boys in a pool in a in a hotel pool and hot girl.
Speaker 17: Came in and she peas in the pool, I'm out, woop.
Speaker 4: Brody call her out on it, and woop.
Speaker 23: Scary Johns defend her because she's a hot girl and this is a record.
Speaker 17: Scary Jones loves hat girl peep in the pool.
Speaker 20: I mean.
Speaker 3: I would ignore it, yeah, I would, just yeah, ikay, what about what about hot girl peeing into the pool?
Speaker 6: No, I don't I don't like that. I don't want to see it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see the act of the pee going into the pool if you're already submerged. Whatever happens down there happens none of my business.
Speaker 17: It's the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 4: Out of the past five ten minutes have been very confusing for me.
Speaker 3: Brody, you had multiple talkbacks because because jan Valdez left twelve talkbacks and then other people started cutting in in the middle of his talkbacks, everything was played out of order.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on. Mayhem, it's mayhem, is absolutely mayhem. One please leave half as much next time. I'm pleading with you. All right, Brody, you have thoughts on that?
Speaker 6: What happened to?
Speaker 4: He's got nothing to say? Ready to move? You know you agree with me. Next caller, it's way too much over the words of Larry King, deceased. Legend of broadcasting is the call of there way.
Speaker 5: To no mister Brody, yourself the crime of the century. Yes, sire, Barbarnal Peanut butter Cup from around the world can sleep easy. Know when you're walking to be dorm all you're gonna get an award for this man. You're let you're your name's up there with Barty five, my Gruff, the cram Dog, Colombo Green Lantern. Yes, sir re Barbarino, Yes you're the greatest.
Speaker 4: Okay, and argue with him, all right, I stopped the peanut butter thief. Well, I tell you what, you know.
Speaker 5: You can't get one boy on, mister Brody. He's always on the case, pewling around like I can't, and then he pounces on.
Speaker 4: You when you at least expected. Boy Brody, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: You better be ready for Halloween season because there's gonna be a lot of candy bags depending on you. In old little redheaded Charlie Brown's girlfriend. You know she might go back. You know they always returned back to the to the scene of the cram. All right, So be ready, buddy, already out.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, mister Brody. I hate to break it to you.
Speaker 6: All right, he's over his limit as well. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd let him go one more. Come on, we lost, Oh he's got three more? Come on, trucker, what are you doing to me?
Speaker 24: Man?
Speaker 4: Go ahead the place, mister Brody.
Speaker 5: I hate to break it to you, but I have to agree with mister scooty there soda. You did not earn that you stole it, okay, and you're lucky that the old miss lady over there at the Chinese restaurant didn't press charges on you. And uh, you know, and and also you know what the sandwich. Don't forget about the sandwich. You paid for one and you got to that's another thing you stole there.
Speaker 6: I didn't know, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Know where you then, didn't you please you say?
Speaker 6: I agree with him on that? Excuse it?
Speaker 4: You stole that water.
Speaker 5: You could easily just gone back and told me, hey man, you know, uh, you forgot to can this all right? You just like Brody's sandwich there, you said Brody stole it. So you stole that water, okay, And uh, you know it's not like you don't go Is that the only time he went to the grocery store?
Speaker 4: Do you ever go back?
Speaker 5: You could have when you went, when you went back, you could have told hey, you know left time I got home, and uh, I realized you didn't. You didn't charge me for the water, Let me pay for it now, No, you didn't do that, right, So he stole it.
Speaker 4: He's got you there. He stole the water.
Speaker 5: Because those scoody you were not right about the gas station and getting the wrong change and not taking back the money that you could have gone back and given the gentleman his money back another day. Not like you, boy, you never go to by there were getting your whole life or what.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: And uh, you know you ought to rename your your podcast from the Brooklyn Boys to the Klepto Boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Klepto maniacs.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'll tell you what you got whoa well you had up every boy you got to doune a number.
Speaker 4: Boy, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 6: All right, Thank you there. Trucker.
Speaker 17: Hey, guys, been from Brooklyn here.
Speaker 25: Uh, I'm not the mister Softy trucks, but in New York and New Jersey, food trucks in general, and they they fall under the food vendor's license have to have a three base and sink and a hand washed sink.
Speaker 4: In order to get licensed.
Speaker 25: So softy trucks should have a sink in that all right?
Speaker 11: On a recent slaice time.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you didn't know that, Benny.
Speaker 6: All right, now this.
Speaker 15: Guy on a recent slaice time, you guys thought that was full folded, but that was actually Mark Randy Randy Savage.
Speaker 4: Yep, sorry about that.
Speaker 6: Appreciate that, oh boy man.
Speaker 5: And that's so way it starts. You know, you start off with a grape soda. Then you're steal in the sandwich. Then you're trying, god dang steal a goddamn the nozzle off of a guest from More. Where's it gonna end? Next thing?
Speaker 1: You know, you're gonna be.
Speaker 5: Over at First National Bank handing the tailer of note. Oh I tell you, man, oh lord, you need help. You need to see a psychiat just Cleptomania is a disease. Disease.
Speaker 9: Brooklyn boys laying from Ohio. The last talk backs so like everybody's own freaking mess. Tell them to chill.
Speaker 3: Out, all right?
Speaker 17: So I got all right, thank you for God.
Speaker 3: No it's not all you got because you here comes another two.
Speaker 9: Laing from Ohio. So I worked at market district in Columbus, Ohio. So we have kids in high school nearby, kids constantly stealing. We have fourteen doors. We had a narrow down to two doors because the constantly stealing, and then security has to deal with it. It's absolute ridiculous. And they're disrespectful. They throw food up in the bathrooms in the ceiling. Laing from Ohio. I just recently heard Gani's pop cast, an amazing interview. I just want to let her know, great job, she's doing really good. It's all gonna say.
Speaker 4: Great, he clicked on the wrong I have a question. Yeah. Uh, if if you enjoyed her podcast and you want to let her know it was a great interview, why are you letting us know that you tell her leave her talk back. She would love love that you and she doesn't like to leave. Gandhia talk back about how much you love the Brooklyn Boys. That's fine, that's okay.
Speaker 9: Yeah from Ohio. So you're talking about the pool situation. But shirt off or not? I used to be a lifeguard, and it's better off to have a shirt on because I did that's my job. But I was a little chubby. I'm still chubby, So I'm saying, just have a shirt on, don't worry about what people think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, thank you.
Speaker 7: Hey guys. Vinning again, Uh calling about the stealing ship from a store?
Speaker 24: Uh me, personally, if it's a a mom and pop store, I would go back in and pay for the waters or whatever it is.
Speaker 7: But big store like fucking Walmart or a home depot or whatever, they robbed you enough, fucker, and nobody's losing their job. Both those giant conglomerates. Now I'm not saying you should steal from them, but they account for loss and they use it all as write offs, so they really don't care. That's why they have like security guards to stand down when you know, CBS is getting robbed and ship like that. I mean, when riot's happening and shit like that, it gets out of hand. But most of these stores they don't give a shit either.
Speaker 6: I mean, of.
Speaker 7: Course somebody cares, but it's it's not they have money. And as far as it goes with like going to a grocery store and you know today the turkey rang up for five bucks, but next week it's twenty bucks, they're only going to put it at the right rate. They're not going to tack on extra money because you're going to go to the next grocery store that's selling it for the regular price. So even if you told them, I personally wouldn't tell them until after the back but because I wouldn't want them to turn around and say, oh, well you got to pay you know, point dolls for this turkey not fired.
Speaker 3: All right, But we don't know for a fact if people get fired or not from their jobs.
Speaker 4: I guess I worked in retail. People get fired. I did the job. I'm telling you people get fired having a high theft rate, and if they lose money, they lay off people because they lost money and they can't afford to keep the staff. Don't steal from anybody. That's just I'm not saying, no, well, I'm not. No one's condoning stealing. He just said somebody, somebody just called here and said it's okay because they're not going to miss the money.
Speaker 22: I took that.
Speaker 3: I took that stance last week when I walked out accidentally with the water and I'm like, oh ship.
Speaker 6: Forgot, Well, well too bad. I live.
Speaker 4: I have the same mentality. But it's an old cliche to go, oh yeah, they factored that in, it's already right off. Well, if you didn't steal from them, they wouldn't have to factor it in. They want to write it off. It was not done on purpose. No, I'm just saying, what like, oh, it's okay again. Poor people think you're rich, Is it okay for them to steal from you? It's never okay, right, that's intensional, moving on, moving on.
Speaker 7: So now mister Brody has a problem with the ray heded grochy to steal some candy, but never had a fucking problem.
Speaker 4: Stated a fucking grig soda. Didn't steal which he got you there, I did not steal anything. I explained everything. I would never steal.
Speaker 5: What's up at bois And like, so, uh, that wasn't a whole covid imitation.
Speaker 4: That was Yeah, it.
Speaker 12: Was all right.
Speaker 18: I mean like he could have used more of his cat phrases and include the slim gym.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe a slim gym. Maybe make it more obvious, you know, yeah, thank you, it's fight.
Speaker 3: Just want to.
Speaker 26: Company a friend of mine.
Speaker 4: What if that guy's whole hogan is so bad he slips into Randy a savage sometimes by accident and it was his whole hogan impression. And by the way, did you notice that guy hasn't called back to correct us.
Speaker 26: No, he is not high Brookland boys. Jen the groomer here from Pompino Beach. So I have a friend of mine who actually has an ice cream truck and I had to call and ask him where does he go to the bathroom. He actually has a food style truck, ice cream truck where they serve slushies and soft serve as well as the serve served. He told me that they do stop to go to the bathroom. Yeah, gas station or at the grocery store to use the bathroom. He also told he is required by the state of Florida to have a hand washing sink inside the truck, So his truck has a hand washing sink. He says it might be different for those that just sell the little bagged ice cream, but for him, he is required to have a sink. He also told me that the state will come and expect his truck like every twelve. Hopefully that'll make the slices at least here in Florida feel a little more comfortable. A hug getting an ice cream. Also on my neighbor wave for the very nice police officer. Only the one wave so far, No more friendly.
Speaker 4: Gestures, no more head man.
Speaker 26: But I'm gonna keep trying. I will not let him wear me down. I'm gonna make him my friend.
Speaker 4: Yes you will, but stay at it. Get that neighbor wave Hey.
Speaker 5: Guys, it looks like you're gonna drop the episode a little later than usual. So I came on here and I had to say a little something, even though I know road It's probably against this, but I don't give a who I'm gonna do it anyway. I won't not wish a great, big, happy belated fourth birthday to one of our little slashes. Bright it ha belated birthday there a little mister.
Speaker 4: Braidy, Hope you had a great day and you ate lots of cake. Catt birthday, little bug.
Speaker 3: I know how much Brodie loves birthday shout outs, especially since.
Speaker 4: Four year old Brady's probably not going to hear that. Well, he'll probably played in the audio. That's fine, Happy birthday.
Speaker 17: By Thanks goody, don't joring on.
Speaker 4: We still got Rick Flair.
Speaker 6: Whoa, yes we.
Speaker 15: Do, Brooklyn Boys, John from Long Island here, your friendly neighborhood Melman. Shout out to all my brothers and sisters out there walking around in this one hundred and fifty degree heat with only this shitty little fan on our nineteen fifties mail truck to help us on the topic of is it stealing or is it not? I wanted to ask you guys what you guys thought on a situation that I had about this time last year with my wife. So my wife told your wife, I don't usually go crazy with the protection plans, usually the basic maybe one higher, so damage really doesn't usually get covered, but it does with loss or theft. So my wife, the wonderful woman that she is, absolutely smashed her phone, completely obliterated it. It even got bent in half. She closed it in a door, and I don't even know how you do that, but she did it. And she told me to find out what to do. So I, being an expert in this type of thing, decided to channel my inner brody and call it the phone company. I won't say their name, but it rhymes with Horizon, and I happened to tell them, just.
Speaker 27: A little white lie, I had said that my wife's phone got stolen and they smashed the phone, and we used to find my iPhone to find that phone, and they.
Speaker 15: Were very very sorry for my loss. And since the theft is covered under the warranty, I simply had to pay the shipping cost to get a brand new phone for my wife. Now obviously lying his bed, little white Liees never heard anybody is what I grew up knowing and how Scary had mentioned. It's the big business, you know, like they can take the hit. I just want to know did I steal?
Speaker 3: First of all, this is insurance fraud. We are hearing this live on the podcast. Here's what a white fake.
Speaker 4: Your wife says, do I look good in this dress? And you don't think she does, and you say, honey, you look good. That's what's known as a white lie. Insurance fraud with a major company and stealing a thousand dollars phone that you weren't covered for is not, by definition a white lie. Now some will say, hold on, I'm not judging. I'm only judging the white lie comments.
Speaker 3: Some will say that he basically pays the insurance. He pays his insurance, so there's you know, they take the money from him. It's like a Ponzi scheme. I don't know, he's just taking the money from there. I don't know how I feel.
Speaker 4: Gross, Brodie.
Speaker 3: I feel like I need to take a shower, and not because it's one hundred and ten degrees outside, but because of this slice time, this Slafetime episode makes me.
Speaker 4: Itch and scratch and feel filthy.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Anyway, he left one more and this is the last of today's lot.
Speaker 15: Because when I told my wife what I did, she was devastated. She couldn't believe it. And then when I told everyone else, they kind of understood. You know, they're not going to lose anything over it. No, no one should get fired. Had obviously just figuring what do you guys think? I love you guys, Well, keep up the good work. As everyone usually tells the mailman, stay cool out there. Oh is it hot enough for you? Man?
Speaker 4: That one was left about a half hour ago, So I don't know what I'm going to ask the mailman a question. Let's say you're delivering a package to a real big mansion, a really big, a huge mansion. You're the mailman delivering a package from Tiffany's, right, so you're pretty sure it's something fancy from Tiffany's. Is it okay for you to walk off with it because they're rich and they won't notice it, and the person who sent it is also probably rich.
Speaker 3: Or is that a crime? That would be a crime. I think I think he committed a crime there. I mean we're talking, we're talking a lot of money. That's I don't know. I see, I kind of see. Okay, let's say I spent my entire life paying auto insurance, NonStop auto insurance, and it's like thousands of tens of thousands of dollars out.
Speaker 4: Of my pocket. It's a gamble. But that's the whole point of it. But right, and then, but nothing ever goes wrong.
Speaker 3: I never get into an accident, and then I don't know, my cars is a loppy and it's misbehaving, and somehow the thing gets set on fire somehow.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm not saying that's the right thing to do.
Speaker 3: That's completely but I'm drawing an analogy that that's what this guy is saying.
Speaker 4: That's wrong. That's insurance. So that is insurance fraud. Yeah, that's like burning down your restaurant because it's not successful.
Speaker 3: Right, right, But someone will make the claim that, oh, well, I paid all this money into insurance so I have it coming to me. Doesn't make it right. Sorry, I feel filthy about all this.
Speaker 6: This is terrible.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, slice time, everybody, next caller, that was the last caller.
Speaker 4: No, we can't end on that caller. Oh we Yeah, that was the end of it. There's no more.
Speaker 3: Wan Valdez calls hiding out, no Liam calls about I mean, if we sit here, if we sit here long enough and hit the refreshed screen, I'm sure new talkbacks will come in, but I'm not gonna stick around for it. From white lies to white lines that what we did there?
Speaker 6: See what I did? All right?
Speaker 4: Don't steal people reactions whose wrong?
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you to talk about song baby, a lot of things.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be on decisive time. Free Dresser