Speaker 1: Call It what it Is with Jessica Capshaw and Camille Luddington, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello call it crew, and welcome to another episode of short and Sweet.
Speaker 1: This this one, this is a short no matter what. But I I mean, is it sweet?
Speaker 2: It's I don't. Well, maybe some people, this is why we're talking about it. Maybe some people will think that it's fine. And it is a little tangy, a.
Speaker 3: Little, it's got some it's got some tang Well.
Speaker 1: The subject heading would be chat GPT and how it affects our lives in different ways. This this way maybe a little more surprising than others.
Speaker 2: This way is a little specific. And I have I have a sneaking suspicion that someone's going to listen to this cop podcast and be like, actually that's a great idea and they're going.
Speaker 3: To be longing.
Speaker 2: Ang, okay, this what do we what are we talking? So?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 2: What happened was People magazine. Someone wrote in and this is what they said. It was from the am I the asshole read it, you know post Okay.
Speaker 1: He said that she read out what she had for the ceremony the night before and he told her that he thought it sounded great, to which she responded, well, I had chat gpt write it again, she had since February or March, so this I know this. He then asked her if she had the AI chat bot to write the whole speech, to which she responded more or.
Speaker 3: Less or less yeah yeah, more or less yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So then he said, or he reports in the subreddit. I then said, it made me feel kind of weird in my stomach that she would have AI write the ceremony for her longest and dearest best friend. He felt it in his stomach. I feel at other places.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, here's here's I'm going to play Devil's advocate for a second.
Speaker 1: Do it.
Speaker 2: Do I think think that it is the way to go? No, I think it has you know, it should come from the heart. However, there are some people that get a lot of anxiety speaking in public and sort of like, you know, they can't put into words a speech like this. It's a big speech, right, Like, it's a huge speak in front of a lot of people, and maybe they're stressed out, maybe having anxiety, and they're leaning on something to help form create that speech for them. So I understand a little bit because it's intimidating. It's an intimidating thing I understand thinking like, wow, something can help me.
Speaker 1: I completely get that, and I would add in there that I have not yet, but I know that I will. I think that that it's a really great resource to use as maybe like a first draft or like a go at it, like, I am interested to.
Speaker 3: Hear what people would say.
Speaker 1: So I'm not against the use of it is I guess my point. I think that where I'm a little bit and maybe I share some of this man sentiments is when it's about something super intimate, like a longest and dearest best friend since the age of two, there's just no way that chat GIPT can know, like they can't come up with the stories and the memories and everything else. So maybe as a framework I would run it through as like a first draft, but I think then you would really need to then comb through it and add in yeah, you know, support your insert your evidence right, give your examples.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I definitely think, I definitely think that there are times like when you should forego it completely, no matter how nervous you are. If I had found out that Matt had proposed me with a chat GPT speech.
Speaker 3: I probably wouldn't. Yeah, I don't think you'd be like, oh he just gets so nervous.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I do think because it's like a public what the well, wait, how would you how would you feel if you found out that your your girl, your boy, whoever it is that you picked to do that speech, had used that.
Speaker 1: I also it kind of I mean, no one has said how good or bad it was in this little report, like was it a phenomenal speech? Because I feel like that matters. So Like my point is is that if someone in my life.
Speaker 2: And even okay, okay, let's let's play the game of like, the speech was absolutely like your entire wedding. The party was blown away. They were laughing, They're like, oh my god, get a Netflix special. You're so amazing. This is incredible. In fact, it overshined your whole wedding. Yeah, yea, everyone's high fiving.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then if they find out, you find out that it's that I'm gonna I'm gonna do some bitching.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest bitch, Yeah, go for it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm saying I would be side texting you like are you kidding me.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like if if the if chet chipet like hoodwinked us all and there was high fiving and like a big Ponga train the celebration of that amazing speech that just happened, then I would just I'd roll with it. I'd be like, wow, you gave chat GBT like a very a really great description, and and wow did those bots really serve you? I don't know, I wouldn't take it personally.
Speaker 2: Well, because somebody's someone's response to this is if someone is really your best friend, is it that hard to write a speech for them? I think I think speeches are hard. It's not my forte.
Speaker 3: I do think speeches are hard, and sometimes.
Speaker 2: I think they're harder when someone is that close to you, because the weight of it feels a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, Well one of my best friends gave a toast at our wedding and she did actually do what you just talked about. She crushed it, like just I mean, and she hates giving speeches. She hates talking in front of anybody, truly. I didn't say dislike, she hates it, and she took beta blockers.
Speaker 3: She was just I mean, I know it's actually torture.
Speaker 1: I almos feel I shouldn't have done it to her, but she got up there and crushed it and and it met And you know what, now that I'm being pulled back into that moment, it meant so much to me that everybody was high fiving, and it absolutely contributed to the mood because there was so much love and so much knowing in her speech. So if I had then found out that Cheept had written it, I well, first of all, I'd also be like, damn, they know a lot about me in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where does that information?
Speaker 3: How did they know all that? And who is they?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think I would probably feel differently about it. I guess it would make it feel maybe a tiny bit less valuable. Yeah, I think it would affect its value and connection.
Speaker 2: So you did a speech at my wedding, Yeah I did. Now is the time if you did use a jass to confess because I have been suspicious over the years. I can a little gpt to.
Speaker 3: A little tinny.
Speaker 1: There was a little there's a tiney quality to it, like maybe you didn't I didn't know you so well? No, No, I had the armpit sweat to prove that it was authentic, and I was.
Speaker 3: It was all it was all true. It was all true. Giving a speech. By the way, again, I'm back at this moment.
Speaker 2: It is nerve wracking, really nerve wracking.
Speaker 3: And then I mean, if.
Speaker 1: You're being an officiant, And my guess is that she doesn't do that every day of her life.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I told my dad on my wedding day. I told him that because he had a this is what happened on my brother's wedding day. Okay, so my older brother got married and my dad's opening comment in his speech was unfortunately, oh Daniel met the love of his life ten years ago. Unfortunately she can't be here today. That's how that speech started, right on his wedding day. He thought it was very funny. There was one laugh in the crowd that came from him, and so I said to him, no speeches. You cannot do a speech. What you're allowed to do is the welcome speech. And he still turned it into a complete disaster. I don't know if you remember. He sung, he's saying, can you feel the love tonight? Then he pretended that he got a phone call from Snoop dogg congratulating us.
Speaker 3: That was random.
Speaker 2: I mean, there were so many disaster Honestly, I would have loved chat GP to write that. That should have been a chat GPT.
Speaker 1: Whenever you talk about your father, I am just I'm reminded the very fertile soil of hilarity that you grew up.
Speaker 2: It's not what I mean, yeah, as an outsider. As an insider, it's you know, we need therapy.
Speaker 3: So bunkers though.
Speaker 2: And I said to him the night before because he was in a little he was in a little saucy, little mood right and was drinking his red wine. He was, he was he was mingling with all of the crowd. And I don't know if you have a parent that you're like desperately hoping never mingles.
Speaker 3: I have that.
Speaker 2: I don't hate him mingling. I'd rather him in a corner with a muzzle on. He was mingling in the crowd. And I said to him, Dad, this speech tomorrow is just a welcome speech. And he's like, oh my god, Dunning, I've gone it for Gaussie. I know, I know, it's just got it. And the next day is when he was like, kids, you feel And I died inside. So these speeches are tough people, is my boy, and sometimes you should be using jett.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it is really interesting how different what you think might be acceptable and what someone else might think is acceptable. I was, I too, was at a wedding where the best man gave a speech the night before where he he.
Speaker 3: Revealed that the groom had cheated on the.
Speaker 2: You know the timeline he like kind of released it was I remember when we were yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stop, and they were supposed to be on a break.
Speaker 1: But I think that the groom reported there was a break and the bride did not know that it.
Speaker 3: Was a break.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so the night before they were about to get married about something that happened, you know, ten years prior, because it was one of those like college sweetheart. No, yeah it was, and I remember it was drum oh my god, and then the bride ran.
Speaker 3: To the bathroom.
Speaker 2: No, Jessica, I'm like literally sweating so bad.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I know, because I was. I was very young when it happened.
Speaker 1: It was like I was like sixteen, and the bride ran to the bathroom and but nobody knew that's where she'd gone. And so maybe like ten minutes later, my girlfriend and I go to the bathroom and we didn't know she was stuck herself in one of the bathroom stalls, and we're going to the bathroom talking about it in the bathroom, and then we hear like the sniffles and then the sniffles turned into like whales of just absolutely lot, like, oh it was.
Speaker 3: Awful, poor lady.
Speaker 1: And marriage didn't last by the way they did, because you're all wondering what happened got married and divorced?
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, so I think I think what we're feeling here.
Speaker 3: We have divers we've we've we've we've gone off topic.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, we've given reasons that you should use it because chat GPT would not have told the crowd about Ashley and Cabo back in.
Speaker 3: That's true. That's true. So maybe you should.
Speaker 2: Unless you're plug in that information, in which I hope you're not even chat GPTs Like, no.
Speaker 3: Dude, yeah, don't say that, don't say that part.
Speaker 2: Listen clearly clearly, for some people, this works, this works.
Speaker 3: Go with what works.
Speaker 2: Go with what works, Go with what's gonna make the congo line and not the bride in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Crying no, no, no, bride in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: You could compare it to people who have ghost writers for music, right or celebrity memoirs. Exactly does it feel any different? Possibly?
Speaker 1: Hmmm, well actually maybe yeah, you know why because well, I mean, if you have a good I mean, I guess if you're saying you have a ghostwriter, then that's just accepted. But I mean, you know, I can't say that.
Speaker 2: People don't it. Hell, no, I'm not out promoting Camilla Lennington auto Biocrey and I'm like, but my ghost wrote this, No, I'm not. Oh, definitely on Good Morning.
Speaker 3: America saying.
Speaker 2: I wrote this is stufrom till Midnight writing this yeah, yeah, Well.
Speaker 1: That seems kind of naughty to me because then you're saying you did something you didn't do and you're making money from it. Like, I think that's definitely you should you know. I don't know, that's maybe another episode. I don't even know what to say about that.
Speaker 2: That just feels, I know, but it happens all the time.
Speaker 1: So I think the way I've landed on is this, if you need a little help, get.
Speaker 3: A little help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that okay, okay, is it the same thing as like you're reading, say I'm writing a speech, I'm reading it to you. You're like, Camella, take that out. Why don't you mention this isn't it kind of the same thing. I mean, there's a lot of people that get maybe they yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's absolutely what people think. I think absolutely people feel that way.
Speaker 2: Although although we have to quote this, he did ask her if it had written the whole speech, and she did say more.
Speaker 3: Or less, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I saw that part.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: And by the way, listen, relationship is what relationship is. And it sounds like this the story is really actually more about a boyfriend having an opinion about a girlfriend's choice, like, so maybe you should let her know that he does not want her to have her vows.
Speaker 3: Written by CHATCHBT.
Speaker 1: Chill out about the speech, Yeah, chill out about this speech, buddy, It's all good.
Speaker 3: It went well.
Speaker 2: I think that the crew is going to have an opinion on this. I think he is not going to be okay, let's hear it from you guys, hop into our comments. I think they're going to.
Speaker 1: Disagree with us, okay, So do they think it was okay or do they think that those a little questionable?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to hear from you. Guys, you're part of this conversation. It is drop a comment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and let us know if any of this, any of this has happened for you to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're if you're writing a speech right now, we want to hear from you. If you're like, wait, this is a great idea.
Speaker 1: And by writing a speech, I mean talking into your phone and letting chat GPT know what you'd like to speech on.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: Time is of the essence.
Speaker 2: And maybe they're busy, I don't know, very busy people.
Speaker 3: All Right, I love it. I love the shortened sweets. Let's call it.
Speaker 2: Let's call it. The end of the episode.