Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo Jess, hilarios mouth.
Speaker 3: Made the God Peace to the planet is Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 4: How y'all feel out there?
Speaker 3: I feel blessed, black and Holly favorite, happy to be here another day to start about beautiful listeners.
Speaker 2: Good morning. What's up, Jess? You're eating already?
Speaker 4: Y big, but yo's big. It's a granola baro.
Speaker 5: There's not really no fatish, so chill all.
Speaker 3: Right, you can get fat, it's depending how many of those you eat. One sitting Dang, why are you all the way into my business?
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know, baby, big back.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 6: Well today on the show we have vivic Arama Swami joining us this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know, but vic uh, he was formerly of the Department of Government Efficiency with with Elon Muskin the Trump administration, and he left or God pushed out.
Speaker 2: Some been like eight days he's seven days.
Speaker 3: I mean, we don't know, you know, Trump rolled back to the EI initiatives and all of a sudden the brown guy was gone.
Speaker 4: But we'll find out why.
Speaker 6: It's Jesus, Okay, Yeah, we're gonna be kicking it with VVA con right now. How was your day yesterday? Ill did anything anything special, anything at all. I was just I got my truck washed. I was so happy that it's been warmer just.
Speaker 4: A little bit. Yes, but it's still cold.
Speaker 5: It's like it's still cold, but it's not seventeen degrees.
Speaker 3: Listen, if you four hundred pounds and you lose a hundred, you're still fast, right. Yes, I get what you're saying. The temperature dropped a little bit, but god.
Speaker 6: Can you can you tell your friend over there every time he goes, we have to, don't I know? Every morning he does it and they dump it every morning so they don't hear what he says because they have to dump it.
Speaker 2: And then they just.
Speaker 5: Told me that I was using N I G G A too much and I ain't even.
Speaker 7: Here like that.
Speaker 3: That's not using a word, that's you're not here like that.
Speaker 4: Well, listen is the thing.
Speaker 3: If you know what I'm saying, why are you dumping it? Because you know I'm not a radio twenty six years. You know I'm not saying sugar honey, icy. Just think about how I'm not.
Speaker 2: Saying dump it every morning. You do it every morning.
Speaker 4: Stop dumping it, stop doing, not saying it. You know, I'm not saying it's what you're dumbing it. It's a waste of a dump.
Speaker 8: White ears here differently Puerto Rican.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, my bed.
Speaker 3: Probably because he's influenced by Addie, who's our executive producer and Eagles fans.
Speaker 4: Stop listening to Eddie.
Speaker 3: Okay, how about that, because I'm not saying that that sugar honey, I.
Speaker 2: Word, you know that.
Speaker 6: Goodness, Let's get the show cracking. We got front page news when we come back. Trump is deporting more people at an alarming rate.
Speaker 4: This is this is crazy.
Speaker 3: We don't know if it's alarming yet because we don't know if these are criminals not there, if they're illegal and they're committing crimes, yes, if they're not, then it's alarming.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we'll get to that next. It don't go anywhere. It's to breakfast Club. Go Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is dj n V, Jess, Hilarious, Charlamagne, the God.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Morgan, Hey, good morning, good morning, dj MV, Charlamagne God and Jess hilarious.
Speaker 9: Y'all.
Speaker 8: All right, yes, all right, well let's get into it. Okay, So listen, President Trump. He's joining House Republicans in Miami this week for the GOP January Retreat. The event started yesterday afternoon at the Trump National Doral Golf Club and runs through tomorrow. Wednesday, President Trump joined House Speaker Mike Johnson for a dinner and reception on Monday evening around seven pm, where the President addressed the House Republicans' Annual Policy Retreat on various topics like his first week in office recognizing only the male and female genders, his rollback of diversity equity inclusion initiatives, and the we weaponization of government.
Speaker 10: Let's hear more from President Trump.
Speaker 11: Past seven days, my administration has been moving with urgency and historic speed to reverse every single disaster of the Biden administration.
Speaker 12: By the way, the guy was a disaster. Okay.
Speaker 11: You know, we want to be nice all of the lawless diversity, equity and inclusion nonsense policies across the government and all across.
Speaker 2: The private sector and the military.
Speaker 11: And I also signed an order to end the weaponization of our government against the American people and investigate all abuses of power.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So he also spoke about the Paris Accord, and you know, retreating from that, he touted his team's work, saying since taking office, including he has raised a lot of money for the next election that he assumes he can't use for himself. He credited his success during the twenty twenty four election to TikTok, saying he became a little more jaded towards the app but we'll now see what happens. He also mocked the idea, of course, of multiple genders, as you heard in the audio. Well earlier in the audio, he will say something like people like having seven genders, and he made sure that there were only two genders to recognize, male and female, and you know, jokingly saying, oh wow, that was a tough one and saying, you know, of course they've got some weird stuff going on.
Speaker 10: So Trump is just not in favor of any of that.
Speaker 8: And he also turned his attention to immigration, where he said the country is moving forward very fast in regards to what's happening with immigration reformant. I'm sure you guys talked about it. We've talked about it all week with those ice round Upsot.
Speaker 2: Quick question, just to clear, Just to be clear.
Speaker 6: So I know six months ago, if you didn't use the proper terms to identify agenda, you could be called to human resources and.
Speaker 2: You could be fired. Right, So now those terms out the window.
Speaker 4: We still think that you identify as a woman. So it's okay, I'm a.
Speaker 10: Bit because he is in executive order.
Speaker 2: What happens to a right and just ask a real question.
Speaker 4: Yeah to you.
Speaker 8: Because he issued an executive order, it does not make it absolute law, but it does change his things. It does change the scope of things. So if you are working in federal government, then that is true. I mean you're probably going to have to heed to those rules sooner than someone who's in the private sector.
Speaker 3: Guys, what does that mean If a transwoman says something to me, I say, I got respond sir, or like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, if you're in the private sector, you should probably still say ma'am. But if you're in the federal sector, then you know it's going to be probably case by case and they will probably deal with that.
Speaker 2: So you just miss identified man. You call me a woman and a man, So you miss.
Speaker 4: I called you a bitch, A total different.
Speaker 8: All right, yes, but later today how Speaker Mike Johnson and committee chairs will continue UH conducting breakout sessions as Republicans look to package the Trump administration's top priorities and one single bill that covers UH, immigration, energy and all the things.
Speaker 10: You know, Trump just wants one single bill.
Speaker 8: But yesterday, Speaker Johnson addressed House GOP members ahead of President Trump, saying he feels like the US is entering a new era of government. He also expects the US to handle deportation flight negotiations how they did over the weekend with Columbia.
Speaker 5: I'll get into that more, but let's hear from Speaker Johnson.
Speaker 13: When the President says he wants to make the government more efficient and effective, and we say we want to limit the size and scope of government, it means that everything is on the table for reevaluation. President Trump will you've seen he will have a heavy hand, and we will support him on that regardless of who stands up against it.
Speaker 8: So, in case you missed it, Columbia is sending two government planes to pick up migrants who were set to take military flights originally. Now there were some planes rejected in Columbia and Mexico with migrants on it, and yeah, Trump, he was real in his heads, he was like, oh nah. So basically this comes after the Columbia government and President Trump have agreed to terms to after threatening tariffs. In a statement of the White House said that the country agreed to terms that include the unrestricted acceptance of all illegal aliens from Columbia returned from the United States. The statement also said that drafted actions on tariffs and sanctions would be held in reserve and not signed unless Columbia fails to honor this agreement. Now, Trump threatened retaliatory measures after Columbia first denied entry to those pair of US military deportation flights tru started.
Speaker 3: He started a trade war on day six, he sure did, and one though he did win it back down.
Speaker 8: He moving those migrants out and making sure that when they land they can land.
Speaker 10: So that's a whole thing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you know, the interesting thing about this just remember everything Trump is doing, America gave him the power to do.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: He was voted in as president and he has full control of government, all three branches of government. So everything he's doing, he pretty much has a constitutional right to do.
Speaker 8: Yes and If not, then you know it's a matter of precedent and figuring it out through the courts and all of these things. And by the time you probably get to an answer, well, his presidency may be over.
Speaker 10: So you know how the courts moved.
Speaker 3: Yesterday at that House Republican's annual policy retreat, he was talking about a third term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard him say something about that.
Speaker 3: And you know, that's something we was talking about in twenty sixteen. If you got back in twenty twenty, you probably wouldn't leave.
Speaker 4: And he didn't try to leave in twenty twenty. It's not like he just walked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Foster insurrection on January.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm just saying that, you know, four years around, I don't just jump out the window and say he's gonna just walk out.
Speaker 8: No, I don't, right, we should, we should, We should take his jokes for real, real face volume. Yeah, all right, So that's your front face news for six am. At seven am, worl con sindue you to talk about, uh, the legislative session, immigration raids across the country, and UH and more.
Speaker 6: All right, and shout and salute to everybody out in La We're still praying for you. I know you recently had the mud slides. But I heard this morning on the news that they're actually allowing people to go to their house today. Today is the first day that during the daylight hours, they can actually go to whatever is left of their house, so they can go and see if if their house is still love, if they have anything artifacts or anything like that. So again, we're always praying for our family out on the West Coast. All right, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines of wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Hello, this is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're man or blessed.
Speaker 2: I hate the way that.
Speaker 6: You walk, the way that you talk, I hate the way you dread everything.
Speaker 2: When me is messed tall up new eight hundred five eight five five one. Not just me, I'm with the coach of philing.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this pepsi joke?
Speaker 15: More than details Breakfast Club?
Speaker 2: What's up, Pepsi?
Speaker 16: Joe?
Speaker 2: Good morning, get it off your chest.
Speaker 15: I need to get off.
Speaker 3: To my chest.
Speaker 15: Man, just trying to rent the apartment in New York City seems like a whole game. I put all my stuff in storage. They want to credit check. I've provided everything, and it still seems like I'm jumping the loops. And I'm so tired of sleeping on couches.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, New York City is when my daughter went to n YU.
Speaker 6: It was so difficult to find her a place and find her a place that was pretty affordable.
Speaker 2: Because it's so expensive.
Speaker 6: I would just advise, bro, why don't you go to the outer boroughs Jersey, just you know, taking to the path training.
Speaker 2: I'm new Queens Brooklyn.
Speaker 15: I'm looking into it west Chester, just because I'm trying to avoid all these tolls, you know, the New York City tolls.
Speaker 2: Avoid all that.
Speaker 10: Just go.
Speaker 15: I'm trying to go mouth burden Yonkers. Do you know anybody or anything any can you recommend any realatory, reputable relatory though that can help me?
Speaker 4: I better stand down.
Speaker 6: Nah, I don't know anybody in those areas, but I would just say, just keep looking, brother. But I know it's expensive, but they're saying the price is gonna start going down, but it's it's super duper expensive.
Speaker 2: They say it's low inventory, but they're gonna jump for us to work. Yeah, I want I work every day.
Speaker 15: You know, it's just a regular job, you know, I just drive trucks regularly. Like this is just a thing for me to jump through. This many who I've been waiting for him going on two months now. I was like, Oh, come on in New York, we gotta do better than this.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to help you, Joe. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 15: Thanks for hearing me out though.
Speaker 4: Actually you called us, but he called us, But thank you, brother answering you?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 18: Yo?
Speaker 16: Yo?
Speaker 15: This big mic from Chicago. How y'all doing man.
Speaker 2: Big Mike from Shottown?
Speaker 11: What up?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest? Hey, what's happen?
Speaker 18: Hey?
Speaker 15: DJ If y'all wanted to say, man, please tell charlam to start messing with you.
Speaker 14: Bro.
Speaker 6: You know what you know when you're in middle school and that girl hits you because they like you, That's what it is. Charlamagne just really likes me, and he's he's really upset that I'm married and I'm.
Speaker 5: Not telling another grown man.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to know because the truth because game he every Trump.
Speaker 4: Ain't signed no executive or about this.
Speaker 3: No, you would have said anything else, like we just joke on each other.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah. He he likes me. He's trying to manifest. You want to be some so bad and he likes me trying to manifest.
Speaker 2: Hey, yo, you got what you want? A big mic? Yeah that's all I wanted.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 15: But hey, Charlom Mary, yes, sir, he stopped that fifty stuff.
Speaker 4: Man for real, This man just said he liked me. You me, and you want me to stop the sensey stuff.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 4: Sense That man just literally told the world he likes me. He he wants to bet me. But I gotta stop the sistem.
Speaker 2: I said, you want to be with me?
Speaker 16: Did I? Yes?
Speaker 4: I did you do?
Speaker 6: Eight hundred five eight five on five, Get off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: I'm telling what's doing.
Speaker 14: This is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed. Eight hundred five eight five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 15: Hello, who's good? And it's Frosty.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Frosted, what's up?
Speaker 4: My guy, how are you hello?
Speaker 15: Just bro?
Speaker 4: God damn yeah, you're a baby big back.
Speaker 5: To man, what's that?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness?
Speaker 3: This guy, this guy, this guy be in front of the radio station every day.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: And he he came.
Speaker 3: I did a book sign that would have needed pulled out last week at the for her new book to wind on her tongue, and he pulled up right, what up, frost Are you good?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Prediction? What what do you think is gonna win? The Eagles are the Chiefs?
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, you know, I want I want to see the Chiefs get the three people, but I want to see Sklon Barkley get a ring.
Speaker 2: So it's both sides.
Speaker 4: I got them.
Speaker 3: I don't have no money on it, but I'm going with the Eagles, So that means the Chiefs probably gonna win.
Speaker 4: I don't know who you got.
Speaker 6: I got the chief Okay, Frosty, what's that move you do when you see us in the morning, like you put what's that thing you do put to your mouth?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 15: That's the salty that charlim Man like?
Speaker 6: Oh okay, all right, right, the head the head motion that Charlmonne likes.
Speaker 3: I get who does the basket weave us every time he sees this, and you can't forget that move clearly.
Speaker 2: Goodbye, Frosty.
Speaker 5: You put something up to your mouth.
Speaker 4: Is gay on the brain.
Speaker 3: Boosy is not gonna listen this morning, is gonna turn the radio this morning?
Speaker 2: Hello? Who's this? All right?
Speaker 16: This is uh? I don't trump, you know calling you guys. We're talking about the celebrities leaving America. Okay, yes, then you're leaving Rosie o'donald's leavings leading because I was elected. Let me tell you, we're gonna put Rosie on the biggest boat the world has ever seen, the Titanic at Chipper up the China.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 15: Yeah, lots of people I created.
Speaker 20: Leaving.
Speaker 16: But quite frankly, it's gonna be a great twenty twenty five grade twenty twenty five with all these celebrities. God, you know, quite frankly.
Speaker 21: It's pretty good, you said, Kurt Franklin. What you say, quite frankly, kank Kurt Franklin, have faith in God.
Speaker 4: You can't just up and leave.
Speaker 2: You pretty gonna?
Speaker 22: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you a comedian?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Look at you?
Speaker 6: I do comedy here okay, how can people catch your comedy brother?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 15: Instagram at crazy easy key here crazy?
Speaker 16: Okay?
Speaker 2: Can you just say?
Speaker 6: I'm Donald Trump and the only station I listened to is the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 15: Go all right, Donald Trump? And the oldest I listen to is the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: No, good morning man?
Speaker 4: All right, you go get.
Speaker 2: I guess he said, stay black? Are you looking at me like that?
Speaker 4: I'm just listening. I wonder what people think when they hear that.
Speaker 3: Uh, don't Donald Trump calls the breath Club? Is it that the only station you listen to? Why I'm not listening no more?
Speaker 8: Dan, And I know that wasn't gone for you. Godfrey be doing that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he can sound like anybody, but he definitely can sound like Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: Yes, we'll get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. We got just with the mess coming up? What we're talking about?
Speaker 5: YOA, did he documentary drop? Y'all watched it?
Speaker 2: No? Nope?
Speaker 4: Want it's a bunch of them. I know five of them. This one, what's new one? This one?
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it next. Don't go Anywhere's the Breakfast Club? In morning? The Breakfast Club? Yeah, the world was.
Speaker 3: Dangerous, wanted to Breakfast Club. Cha god d you envy around here somewhere they go, Jeff hilarious and the time for Jess with the best.
Speaker 10: You use this real we hilarious, Jessic Robber Moore.
Speaker 23: Just don't do no lines, don't do that talk Nobody nobody talk the world Why Jeff worldwide mass talk on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: She's a coach of ship.
Speaker 24: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 7: Could get you to see.
Speaker 2: This's time to set it off.
Speaker 8: Okay, so I know nobody here watched the interview, but Lauren, so maybe you can feel us in on the Downfall of Diddy I du premier yesterday yesterday last night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so the first of all I text y'all too. Nobody watched it?
Speaker 4: No, nope, alrighty, there's already seven of them.
Speaker 7: All right, we are here now. So Downfall of Diddy premiere on I D channel last night. It's a multi part series that is like a docu series. First two episodes drops, so they get into a ton of stuff. So the first episode kind of sets up like what created this monster that they are trying to allege that Puff is so they open it with a makeup artists that used to work for Diddy and Cassie, and she details the first time she saw She alleges she saw a Puff put his hands on Cassie. Let's listen.
Speaker 25: Puff and Cassie were dating. There was a party and she was staying at the Beverly Hills Hotel. I fall asleep in the couch because I don't go out, and he storms in.
Speaker 3: Where the is she?
Speaker 5: I like wake up all of a sudden, like like who.
Speaker 25: And then they go into the room, shuts the door. All O hear is get the out of here, Get the out of here. He's like on a rage. He's being Puff. I'm packing her stuff up. Once he leaves, I see the aftermath on Cassie. She has knots on her head, bruised eye, busted lip. It was horrific. And so all I can think of was we need to get back to my house. You need to get them out of here. We can't call the police, we can't go to the hospital. We're scared of Puff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And those were like her accounsel, that makeup artist. She's speaking in the dock, But there were other accounts in different filings, and when that Cassie video came out, Remember there was like the former security guard who came out and said he allegedly saw like Puff in Cassie. Don Richards also recollected some things when she came out with her filing as well too, So they reiterated that a lot in the dock. But they also talked a lot about Puff's upbringing, upbringing and his mom and how he was raised, trying to, I guess, make the point of this is how he ended up where he is now. Let's take a listen to Diddy's childhood friend.
Speaker 9: At an early age, it was instilled in him that he can't be seen this week, and the only way to respond to weakness or this idea that you're being perceived this week is to respond with force.
Speaker 10: My mother was, I guess, raising me for the real world. She's always told me if somebody had made made sure, and I'm back harder, make sure they never had me again.
Speaker 7: Make sure Mom's made sure.
Speaker 5: Listen, don't come here talking about you got beat up.
Speaker 2: Don't come here talking about somebody took something from you. I don't want to hear none of that. Go get it.
Speaker 4: Back.
Speaker 2: You can't come in my house until it's right.
Speaker 4: So you had to make a choice.
Speaker 2: He had to man up. So I'm gonna make more than you. I'm gonna do more you. I'm gonna be more successful than you. So I could call the shots.
Speaker 4: I know, like boy, I wouldn't talk about.
Speaker 2: I think most like you hit him back.
Speaker 26: Wrong.
Speaker 7: They talked a lot in the doctor about like in this part about how his mom, you know, like I don't know how y'all parents raise y'all, But like, don't come back on somebody. Don't come back home if you ain't win that fight, like that type of mind.
Speaker 5: Don't come back home because it's my house.
Speaker 2: But yeah I can. You're gonna fight them, Yeah, like MO had me like, no, you can go.
Speaker 5: Back until you beat him.
Speaker 2: Don't run from a fight. But if you lose, you lose, you get back up. But yeah, you don't run from a fight.
Speaker 4: Yeah you don't fight women. But exactly what I women.
Speaker 10: I said that to say that people off of the balconies, the guys.
Speaker 7: I'm saying that to say that they like they're trying to pay him as this like violent like person who doesn't understand when to stop and I think that the reason why they brought this up, even though they don't say his mom told him to do that with women, is because they're beginning to paint this picture that they go into a lot in part two about how because of who he grew to be, like the big icon, the big you know what I mean, he just never knew when to stop. He got these Allegedly, he would get in these rages and that's when things would happen. Power power, a lot of power. So another thing they talked about too, was and this was after he had become like Puff, his stars growing. He has some money now, him and me SA Hilton had some issues that people recollecting his doctor. Let's say listen.
Speaker 27: One night, Puffy decided that he didn't want me, said Hilton to go out. He got into this rage and she screamed and her prayers came out. He just grabbed the baby and it says, you're not you're not getting this baby, You're not having him. The father tried to talk to him, and he didn't like being talked to. The grandmother tried to talk to him and everything. Eventually they had to call the police. We said, Hilton, they have felt that something was really happening that she had no control over.
Speaker 2: This is her life.
Speaker 27: He was using the baby to controller that I think scared her a lot. He was just angry and upset. He made treads, you know, he was arrested. She was one of the few people who got to understand that type of age, who he was. There was a monster that came out of him that nobody knew about.
Speaker 7: And I think that too for a lot of people. When I lose that, I forget the guy's name, but it was like a person that was around them for some years. Like this guy he's he's when you watch the doc, he's a guy with dress. I'll go back in his name for you. But he's in both parts of the docks and he was from the time when Diddy was coming up to first deal with with uptime records to everything. So he's in a doc a lot. But a big part of the conversation I saw when this part was happening was that Misa Hillton. You know, during all the time when when the conversations first started around Puff, she was online and she was recollecting a lot of you know, her times with him and raising kids with him, and you know she had asked the question at one point in time when she posted this stuff like were you not entertained? And I think a lot of people were saying that, you know, whether this happened or not, the conversation has always been the women that he's had kids with, what have they had to deal with and how do they deal with that? And people were basically saying like they feel feel bad for her because she had to deal with so much so early, because they were so young.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, I don't know what true it was, not just I know Diddy isn't getting any benefit of the doubt when it comes to putting hands on women because of the video we saw in the hotel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I also wonder, like, I mean, these people are telling these other people's stories, I wonder how they feel, right, I wonder if Mysa wanted to tell her own story, if she wanted this out.
Speaker 2: However, she would have even Cassie, if Cassie wanted her stories out. It's always hard to hear other people tell the people's story.
Speaker 4: Not if that person was a witness, if that person with a witness's story too.
Speaker 7: If it's true, Yeah, I think too, because I know when Mysa was posting stuff online.
Speaker 8: It could have been a thing if Shane want to be in the documentary, but she, you know, gave it. You can talk about this situation that you was there for whatever.
Speaker 2: Maybe they want to hear it because they want to be traumatized.
Speaker 7: The guy's name is Peter Nowell. He's an investigative journalist. That's who was talking about Lisa. But he's he's used a lot in the dock along with other journalists because these are journalists that were like around and like reporting on these things. And there was like a nine to one one call that he talked about with Misa when she actually had to call the police in that situation. So he details all of that. But I was going to say, to your point, Jess, when Misa was posting all that stuff on Instagram, it was seeming to me as if she wanted to tell her own side of things the way she wanted it to be told. But she's never been a part of any of these docks, and I don't think that we'll ever see her do that.
Speaker 4: I know one thing.
Speaker 3: All these documentaries are going to absolutely impact Diddy's try I refuse to believe that a juror won't be worried about what they hear in the court of public opinion. With all of these stories, it's nineteen documentaries out.
Speaker 6: Like you said, they're gonna see wonderfulm You're gonna see he's snipping of it. You're gonna see a little bit of it online.
Speaker 3: You're gonna see fifty cent Instagram something. You're gonna see something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something, Yeah, welcome there, Lauren.
Speaker 7: There's two parts, and I think there's a few more coming.
Speaker 2: So, And this is not the fifty cent documentary.
Speaker 7: Correct, No, no, no, this isn't no, this is the I dtail. There's a lot of.
Speaker 4: Channel you know, it's not fifty documentary because no male victims in it.
Speaker 7: Right, I have not heard from a male victor a lot of.
Speaker 4: Butt touching the fifties documentary.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you right now, when fifty do his his Diddy documentary, it's gonna be a lot of male victims.
Speaker 4: I'm letting you know that right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, well, thank you.
Speaker 4: I heard he was gonna name it. I heard Puffy touch you butt, but that's too long the title. That's crazy. I heard Puffy touched you butt that's what fifty was gonna name it.
Speaker 7: Oh you haven't heard that.
Speaker 4: I got sources to Lauren.
Speaker 2: You got the butt, buddy, can pose.
Speaker 4: It right, That's right, I do butts. That's why I get that kind of all.
Speaker 6: Right, thank you for Jess with the mess. Now when we come back, we got front page news. It don't go Anywhere's the breakfast club. Good morning, wake up?
Speaker 2: Way cool if you're like to end to the breakfast club. Good morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarious, Charlamage the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 4: Good morning, good.
Speaker 10: Morning, en V, Charlemagne and Jess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, so let's get in to it.
Speaker 8: Immigration raids, as you guys have mentioned, we've all been talking about it, there are taking place all around the country. The Trump administration has launched a social media thread showcasing what it calls quote the worst criminals arrested by Immigration and Customs enforcement since the president's inauguration. The White House and ex thread reads that President Trump's leadership ICE agents are working tirelessly to protect our communities. ICE reported more than nine hundred and fifty people were arrested nationwide just yesterday alone. The agency also said it has started what is called target it's calling targeted operations in Chicago's So Chicago look Out. Florida lawmakers are meeting still meeting in committees today after calling their own special session to deal with immigration policies aligned with President Trump. Senate President Ben al Britton says he doesn't support Florida Governor Ron Desantus' proposal to create criminal penalties against law enforcement. Let's hear from Senate President Florida, Senate President Alt Britain.
Speaker 26: President Trump clearly has a situation under control and is leading from the Oval office. I want to be careful that we don't do anything to undermine President Trump's very good plan.
Speaker 2: I won't stand for that.
Speaker 26: I want criminal illegal immigrants to be deported efficiently and effectively, and the best way to do that is to follow the leadership of President Trump.
Speaker 8: So Florida House Speaker Daniel Perez entered the chat, and he called for the governor's block proclamation too narrow and saying his many of his policies, our proposals are bureaucratic. Now he's calling on a second special session to deal with the proposed immigration policy. Let's hear from Florida House Speaker Daniel Perez.
Speaker 20: We do not need to duplicate the functions of US immigration and customs and create a minim version of ice.
Speaker 4: We have chosen to designate the Commissioner.
Speaker 20: Of Agriculture to serve as the state's chief immigration officer. We'll create more badges, detain more bad guys, and provide more beds.
Speaker 8: So, as mentioned in that audio, both the House and Senate have agreed that the Agriculture Commissioner, who is Wilton Simpson in Florida, will be the state's chief immigration officer. I find that to be a little morbid, a little weird, but you know, agriculture commissioner, chief immigration officer. Yes, so that's happening in Florida. Meanwhile, in elsewhere and politics, President Trump signed three executive orders yesterday to aim to reshape the nation's military.
Speaker 5: That's according to multiple reports.
Speaker 8: One of those orders will reportedly include reinstating service members with backpay for those who were discharged for refusing to take the COVID nineteen vaccine. Another will ban transgender service members from serving in the US arm for Forces, while third will ban any adverse diversity related programs in the military.
Speaker 5: No DEI in the military anymore so.
Speaker 8: Trump first banned transgender Americans from serving in armed forces back in twenty seventeen during his first administration and will undo former President Biden's repeal that was issued in twenty twenty one to combat that twenty seventeen. Elsewhere, Senator Lindsay Graham, he's talking about the January six ers and Trump's pardon of them.
Speaker 5: He says he doesn't approve of President.
Speaker 8: Trump's decisions to pardon those who participated in the January sixth riot. The South Carolina Republican told seen in State of the Union over the weekend. He's a firm backer of the president, but he doesn't think it's acceptable to pardon criminals who assaulted police officers.
Speaker 10: Let's hear more from Lindsay Graham.
Speaker 2: I don't like this.
Speaker 10: I don't like it on either side, and I think the public doesn't like it either.
Speaker 24: I've always said that I think when you pardon people who attack police officers, you're sending the wrong signal to the public at large.
Speaker 4: If this continues, if this is the.
Speaker 8: Norm, then maybe an fit to ring and the pardon power of the president as an institution.
Speaker 10: Rain and the pardon power of the president.
Speaker 8: He went on to criticized former president Fighting for pardoning his son Hunter and commuting the sentence of Leonard Heltier, who was convicted of killing two FBI agents in nineteen seventy five. So, yeah, these are things we'll continue to watch and see as we as our nation shapes up.
Speaker 11: Why how you do that?
Speaker 3: Don't wonder how you reeling the pardon powers of the president, because you know, like I was saying earlier, like you know, Donald Trump literally is doing everything that he has the power to do, Like these things aren't illegal.
Speaker 4: He's the president of the United States.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but do you lima the amount of people he can pardon, because I've never seen like, usually you hear when the president leaves he pardons a couple of people, usually hear about it. But I've never heard anything like this, Like it just seems like they just part of anybody for anything.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if it's about the limit. I just think it's about I think things should be on a case by case basis. Who yeah exactly who?
Speaker 2: Like who? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 8: Well, Okay, bringing things home to you guys, in New York. New York City City Mayor Eric Adams he won't appear in federal court tomorrow. Adams's schedule to have a federal court appearance, and it's been waived as the mayor reportedly undergoes several doctor's appointments. A spokesman for the mayor says Adams hasn't been feeling well in recent days and is undergoing numerous medical tests and doctors appointments. This week, he has canceled nearly all of his public appearances, including his weekly scheduled news conference with reporters. Now that has Public Advocate Jumaine Williams concern because under law, he'd take over for Adams if Adams could not perform his duties. But he hasn't heard anything from the mayor's staff. Let's hear quickly from Public Advocate Jumaine Williams.
Speaker 27: I would say, just in the terms of providing confidence for New York City, that might be better to have that communication.
Speaker 8: So he says, you know, you know right now, I want to make sure we're portraying as much confidence as possible in city government.
Speaker 5: I would say if it.
Speaker 8: Was me, I think the communication would be a little better, just to make sure we're pushing that confidence. But again, they can handle this, you know, a supervisor to handle how best they can and make sure that they are portraying that we are all.
Speaker 10: Wishing for the mayor to be well as soon as possible.
Speaker 8: So this this is interesting because this brings about the question of transparency and government. You know, City Hall isn't explaining what's going on with Mayor Adams other than the fact that he's just not feeling his best.
Speaker 10: Do you think that?
Speaker 8: Do you think that the public officials and depending on what capacity they are in, do you think they should be transparent in terms of their health issues.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially if the prevents them from doing that, y'all. I absolutely positively think so. Yeah, especially if they're missing events and missing appearances.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely So.
Speaker 8: The mayor's team is reassuring the public that Adams is in constant communication with his staff to ensure city business continues. But that also concerns me because the dude who the backup has already come out to say I ain't heard from him. So just to give you guys a heads up in New York, that's something that we will continue to watch and of course We're wishing uh mayor Adams well wishes as well.
Speaker 5: We don't want to see him sick or you know, down and out. So but that's your front page news.
Speaker 10: I'm Morgan.
Speaker 8: Would follow me on social at Morgan Media and for more news coverage, follow me at or follow at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app and visit us at bi in news dot com.
Speaker 6: Thank y'all, Morgan landa Morgan. All right, when we come back, we have Vivick Ramaswami. He'll be joining us this morning.
Speaker 25: You.
Speaker 3: Vic was a part of DOGE Doves, was a new adminished a new government Apartment.
Speaker 10: Of Government Efficiency.
Speaker 3: That's right of the new government agency formed by Donald Trump for the Trump administration.
Speaker 4: It was him and Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: But but Vic either left or got pushed out, and we're gonna talk to him next.
Speaker 4: We'll find out which one.
Speaker 2: So don't go anywhere. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is DJ Envy just hilarious, Charlamagne de God. We are the Breakfast Club lawn the roaster feeling in for Jesson. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, Vivick Ramswami.
Speaker 4: Welcome.
Speaker 2: How you doing man, How you feeling all good? You're doing well?
Speaker 4: This is your first interview on what you said like a month.
Speaker 28: Yeah, I've been well, I haven't been you know, a lot going on, but I haven't been out on media. But you know, people are going to hear more from me starting now. Why you called me?
Speaker 12: Uh over the weekend?
Speaker 2: I told you happened to be in the city. So this worked out?
Speaker 4: Well, Well we'll tell us a vic what happened with Doge?
Speaker 2: Yes, well, congratulations on the job. Thank you man.
Speaker 4: I appreciate anyone.
Speaker 2: It's not my job right now. I'm moving on to my next.
Speaker 4: Fired.
Speaker 28: No, it was a slightly different vision from where we started to where we landed. And it's not that it's you know, one's right or wrong, but if you take a look at where we began, right, doj is going to be an outside body to the government. One of my core areas of focus throughout has been the constitutional and legal basis for shutting down the bureaucracy and the federal government and downsizing it. That's what I focused written my books on, et cetera. It evolved in more of a direction of a technology project using a technology first approach, and so Elon and I were on good terms, we have good personal relationship, slightly different approaches to the project, and what he and I both concluded, and I think this is right, is given my focus on law on li legislation, the right way to realize my vision is through elected office. And so that's what I'm going to be pursuing. An announcement probably coming up in the next month, but that's my next path.
Speaker 4: The government of Ohio heard about that.
Speaker 2: That's coming up soon, but that was where we all landed.
Speaker 28: Was the right way to do this for me was if I'm focused on constitutional law, deregulation, legislation to downsize government. That's been my vision for a long time. Let me realize that I'm my own two feet through elected office. At the same time, I'm happy to have helped over the last couple of months to be able to get this off the ground and a technology first approach from within the government. Now it's not outside the government. It made all the sense in the world to make this the time that we went separate ways.
Speaker 2: So it was true.
Speaker 3: There was an exclusive report in the Washington Posts that said you were pushed out because your vision didn't align with Elon.
Speaker 28: So I would say that we arrived at it pretty mutually. And I think when it came the doge was in the government. So there's actually a law, it's called the Hatch Act. Boring stuff, but you literally can't run for office while you are in employee of the government, unless you're the president or vice president. I've been committed to this path of likely running for governor of Ohio for a long time. My plan initially might have been to do those at the same time. Once it became clear that was impossible to do at the same time, Once it became clear to me that that was the right next leadership destination for me, felt like the start of the project on day one was the right way to start that next chapter.
Speaker 4: That's why we did it.
Speaker 6: Now, you did say it the last couple of months, you've been focused on getting Trump in office. Yeah, So, now that he's in office and we've seen the last couple of days, what are your thoughts and do you still stand by everything that he's done.
Speaker 28: You know, I really think he's off to a pretty good start. I mean, you think about most presidents, they take a little bit of time to get warmed up. He didn't go through the warm up phase. He got started right away. And I think there's a reason for that, which is very few presidents have actually been the president before and then they come all the way back then. Grover Cleveland was the only one other one who did it, so he in some ways is coming in for a second term. But I actually do think those four years of being able to reflect on what actually mattered to him were actually pretty good. So I like a lot of what we've seen in that first week unleash energy production. That's going to bring down energy prices, it's going to stimulate the economy. A lot of the regulatory and red tape rollback. I think it's just a good thing for the country. If you travel the country and you ask most Americans, do you think there's too much red tape or do you think there's too little red tape? I don't think there's anybody who would tell you that I think there's too little red tape. I think there's a lot of people, especially business owners, small business owners, to tell you there's.
Speaker 2: Too much red tape.
Speaker 28: Trump has gone pretty aggressive even in the first week and saying we're rolling back a lot of those regulations. We're rolling back the regulations that hold back energy production in the United States, getting very serious about the border, and you know, I mean, I think that you can have your debates about what the legal immigration policy in the US should look like, but I think most people are united that we don't want an open southern border, and yet functionally that's what it's been for much of the last four years. So I think it's been a lot of pretty good moves out the gate.
Speaker 3: How was eliminating government diversity programs like DEI beneficial to anybody other than it's great white male.
Speaker 28: Oh, I think there are some ways in which is not even beneficial to straight white males, which I'll tell you about in a second. But I think this culture of reviving merit the country is a very American idea. You and I have talked about this in some of our some of our discussions here in the past. I think is America is a country where you are not judged on the color of your skin. You ought to be judged on the content of your character and your contributions. The best person ought to get the job, regardless of their genetics. That's America at its best. We haven't always been that. You could argue that we've never actually been that perfectly. We're an imperfect nation because we're comprised of human beings and not gods. But I do think it is a step forward to say that after we've turned the page on one hundred and sixty years ago and then sixty years ago with the Civil Rights Revolution, after we've made all the progress we have, now is the time not to engage in blaming for the past or whatever we have been perfect, but to move forward to say we're country where we want the best person to get the job without regard to their skin color, or their sexuality, or their race. And the only thing I would tell you that you might be interested in for the angle you mentioned is I also think there has been a culture emerging in the last few years, a culture of excuses amongst people who say, oh, I didn't get that job because of DEI. And in certain cases that may be true that certain people, maybe a white male was denied a job because somebody else got the job because of racial or gender preferences, but there's also a lot of instances in which that provides somebody else a new excuse. And I just want to no excuses culture across the board, where one of the side effects of ending DEI is that nobody's going to have excuses anymore for why they didn't get that job either.
Speaker 2: So I just think merit across the board is the way to go.
Speaker 4: But do you trust people don't like?
Speaker 3: Do you trust people enough to say, hey, you know what, I'm not going to be prejudiced against this person because of their identity.
Speaker 2: I mean, we all have it. Let me say something.
Speaker 28: We all have our innate biases, right, We're human beings. As I said, we're human beings. We're not gods were flawed and people have their innate biases. But the question is is there a perfect system? Though there's not, But what's the least imperfect system? And I think the least imperfect system is one where we aspire to at least think of our country through the lens of merit.
Speaker 4: A way to get there. You don't think that.
Speaker 2: I think it has proven not to be the way to get there.
Speaker 28: I've obviously been an opponent of it for for four or five years, so I'm obviously going to have biased views on this from what I said, But what is it exactly?
Speaker 3: The policy because you need diversity to get there, you need equity to get there, you need inclusion to get there.
Speaker 28: So I think part of what happened is when you when you started using the capital D capital E capital. I here's what happened is I think, in the name of diversity of thought, right because that's where you want diversity. I thought in an organization the capital D diversity actually ended up saying that certain viewpoints aren't welcome, that we actually sacrifice true diversity of thought in the name of equity, which is measured in terms of outcomes. I think we actually sacrificed true equality of opportunity. And then at a certain place, and this is really where it took a dark turn to me, is in the name of inclusion, we created a culture of exclusion where certain viewpoints were not welcome in an organization. And what that does is it causes the bottled up emotion to fester. Okay, that doesn't lead to good places. When you tell somebody shut up, sit down and do as your tol keyp reviews to yourself, that actually fosters resentment. And the weird thing I think has happened in the last few years, and I do actually blame a lot of the DEI and related policies for this is that we have seen a reactionary wave of racism in the country, anti minority racism that would not have existed but for that DEI culture of not only taking something away from somebody based on their skin color, but even worse in the name of inclusion, saying that you can't express your view.
Speaker 7: Why would you have a conversation about equal opportunity if they don't even want to have a conversation about diversity, equity and inclusion. You get what I'm saying, Like, I understand where you're trying to go with them, but you can't have one without the other. I think is the point in how do you do that? It seems like that'sh your disconnect even with.
Speaker 28: Dolge Right, No, I think it become a couple couple different topics there. Look, are we a country where we want equal opportunity for every person to achieve the maximum of their God given potential?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 29: We do.
Speaker 2: Are we perfect in realizing that?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 24: Or not?
Speaker 28: Do we think that group quota systems are the right way to achieve that? I'm of the view the answer is no, and I think the last few years show us that it hasn't even been effective in actually empowering the people was supposed to empower while it's created a resentment of a lot of the people who felt deprived. So I think we's gotta we just got to go to post We've gotta go to post di I world that that ship, in my opinion, for the better, maybe other people's opinion for the worst.
Speaker 2: That ship is sailed. Now let's look to the future and say what does equal opportunity actually look like?
Speaker 6: All right, we got more with Vivick Ramaswami. When we come back, don't move. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, Good morning. Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess hilarious, Charlomagne the guy we are to breakfast Club law on the roster say with us as well.
Speaker 2: We're still kid getting with Vivick Ramaswami.
Speaker 6: Now, I got a question, what were your thoughts on and claim to be an honest person when Donald Trump signed off on the people that tried to overdoe the.
Speaker 2: Government signed off part of here's here's my view.
Speaker 6: And then I want to ask you what did you think when Joe Biden pardoned you know, his son and his family members as well.
Speaker 2: So let's start wait with Trump. So here's my view. They try to overdod the government, which is totally law.
Speaker 28: So I think that there were many people. If there's a rabbit hole, we could have an hour on this, and I don't really think it's even all that relevant anymore. There were a lot of people who didn't do a thing that was wrong, that ended up being ensnared in getting locked up, getting prosecuted for peacefully without any weapons, exercising their First Amendment rights. And as a country were a country that celebrates political dissent and opposition. People who never entered the Capitol, people who never hurt anybody, people who were unarmed walking on the Capitol grounds.
Speaker 2: And it was just sloppy the way the whole thing was.
Speaker 28: Yeah, And I think that those kind of peaceful protesters, the fact that they were ensnared and had their due process rights denied is an affront. And I say that as somebody who I'm a civil libertarian. I believe the same is true for left wing protesters. I think the same thing has been true for civil rights protesters sixty years ago. I think the same thing was true for peaceful protesters on January sixth. So then when you look at when you look at it holistically, right, it was so messy in the way that it was handled. There were so many also unanswered questions and some stuff that didn't smell great. Like if you look at the first thing that came out from the Inspector General's report only came out a few weeks, a couple weeks were Trump took office, how many FBI informants and affiliated people were in that audience. It didn't smell good, and that came out. You said that two years ago that was considered a bad conspiracy theory. But now they came out with the Inspector General report saying that they weren't transparent with the public. There was enough that the government did that smelled rotten there that in the interest of just turning the page, you know what I think would have been the best outcome for the country. I said this before Biden left office. I think if Joe Biden had not pardoned his family member, but had pardoned the January sixth protesters in one of his final acts to say that I've been critical of this, but in the interest of moving the country forward. As I'm leaving the office. I'm turning the page and look into the future. And then Donald Trump takes office and pardons the Biden family for any alleged defenses that would have been I think the best case scenario for the country.
Speaker 4: We had the they were some of them were insurrectionists.
Speaker 3: And I mean there's actual people who are denying pardons because they said, no, we committed a cross.
Speaker 7: Yes, there was a woman who did a hosted that interview said we did really horrible things. People died. I heard her interview, and so today you will say there were people who were peaceful.
Speaker 2: But then we've seen people that have the gates ran up in there and running in people's office. We see them as well.
Speaker 3: I think had the best reason that what jade Van said this before Trump did the part, and he said that we're going to look at every We're not going to pardon all the January sixth insurrections. We're going to look at it on a case by case.
Speaker 2: He's a case by case.
Speaker 4: You see who needs to be part and who doesn't.
Speaker 28: And that's what I That's what I had said for the last couple of years as well. I do think that when we're also moving quickly with respect to Trump talking about a new golden age for the country. That's what we all want, right, We want a country where the issues were focused on is what affects people in their everyday lives. The conversation about lifting people up economically and educationally. I think it is in that spirit to say that we're just turning the page and moving the nation forward. I understand the decision to do it not on a case by case basis, but on a blanket basis. I understand when it's coming to.
Speaker 4: Criminals, like one of the guys got out and went right back.
Speaker 28: To just by definition, just so we're talking about the same thing. By definition, anybody who gets a pardon is getting a pardon, any of them. Anybody who gets a pardon after a conviction means they were convicted.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 28: So there are hundreds of presidential pardons. Biden issied most more pardons than any president has in his final month leaving office. Every president issues pardons. But part of the reason the president has a pardon power is the job of the president is actually to look after the country. The job of a jury and a judge in a case is to look after that individual case. But a president is a steward of a country and to say what's in the best overall interest in the country. That's why the president is a pardon power. So everybody who a president has ever pardoned is by definition of criminal. The question is, even in the face of somebody being a criminal by definition of having committed some crime, take a big step back and say, notwithstanding that, is it in the interest of a nation to be able to pardon that person and move forward.
Speaker 2: That's the judgment that belongs on a president's shoulders.
Speaker 4: Well, let's talk about you.
Speaker 3: How do you advocate for ending birth rights citizenship when both your parents were illegal and non.
Speaker 2: Citizens were legal.
Speaker 4: They were legal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, that's right when they give a country. Yeah.
Speaker 28: So my view, and I've been pretty consistent on this, is that birthright citizenship should not be granted to the kids of illegals in this country. Where's birthright citizenship mean? Just again, everyone on the same page. It means if you're physically born in the country, you're automatically a citizen. And that's been part of the long standing tradition of the country within certain guardrails. So I'll give you one that nobody contests Let's say you're the kid of a Mexican diplomat. I say it's a guy who's legally physically in the country, but he is the ambassador from Mexico or Panama or whatever country to the US. They happen to have a baby while they're here. Is that baby a citizen of the United States? Nobody thinks the answer to that is yes. If you're a diplomat from Mexico or a government official from another country, but physically the baby happens to be born here, you're still a citizen out other country. And goes to the fourteenth Amendment, it says, are you subject to the laws and jurisdiction thereof, then you're a citizen.
Speaker 12: That's what it says.
Speaker 28: So by similar analogy, if somebody who's an ambassador from Mexico or is in this country legally but doesn't enjoy birthright citizenship because they're still subject to the laws and jurisdiction of the other country, then the question is if somebody entered this country illegal. Or let's just say take another one, if somebody's a foreign invader to the right. Let's say you have a foreign invasion of the country but includes a pregnant woman and she happens to have a baby here, nobody thinks that baby enjoys birthright citizenship. So then the question is, if somebody broke the law when entering the country, right that they're active entering the country was a violation of our laws, are they really subject to the jurisdiction and law in the same way if they have their kid in the country, that kid does not automatically enjoy birthright citizenship. That's in my position, I think it's a reasonable position.
Speaker 7: Well, why isn't that moving forward? You would want an administration to pick and choose, like when they give opportunities. So for instance, like what if I'm here illegally, I have my kid here legally. No, i'm here illegally, Okay, hypothetically if I'm here illegally, right, I did whatever I had to do to get here, just because of whatever my circumstances are. I'm not committing crimes while I'm here. I'm working the best I can, just trying to raise my kid. My kid is doing amazing, I'm providing a better life. And then all of a sudden, now because Trump is in office, it's like, no, my kid has to go back to whatever circumstances we came from, not too much set up because they're no longer a citizen.
Speaker 28: So if you look at psident Trump's recent commentary, in some of his interviews, even leading up to take an office, he himself has drawn a distinction between people who have been here for a really long time and established roots versus people who have come super recently to the country. Right in the Dreamer's Program, you talked about how people have been here for a long time. We could have our own debates about what my own views even are on that, but let's just take start with the easy, low hanging fruit. If somebody commits a crime while they're hearing they entered illegally, should they be automatically for I want to and then we just go straight down the layet.
Speaker 7: We're not going to argue that point because that's kind of like, that's an easy point, though I know I think where I'm getting confused with.
Speaker 28: You as like you even if it's a few years, I would say the same thing. So if somebody has come here and it hasn't been that long, so we're talking about double digit millions of people who have come here illegally under Biden's tenure, those people have not established roots in the United States, right, Those people should have followed a different route. And by the way, there are millions more who did not come here illegally because they were trying to do it the right way. They're the ones we kept out, and the ones who lied or broke the rules are the ones who we let in. That's not right, right, So I think that sending all of the people who at least entered illegally under Biden's tenure recently, even if it's just taking the last two years, that is millions of people. So even if we just said over the last eighteen months, the people who entered this country illegally have to go back to their country of origin. They haven't established roots in eighteen months, that alone would be the largest mass deportation in American history. Now you want to go beyond that, we could argue the details, but that alone is literally the largest mass deportation in American history.
Speaker 2: And I think most people are in favor of it to say that that's fair.
Speaker 3: So why our House Republican has divided on this because it seems weird that you would want to fight the in birthright citizenship now, especially when you've made so many strides or expanding voters.
Speaker 28: So I'm not following necessarily what the House Republicans are divided on per se. But what I will tell you is I think most people if explained right, because I think the problem with this is it can become a pretty emotional conversation if you just objectively look at the low hanging fruit that we all agree with, that's actually pretty far from where we are today.
Speaker 4: If you look at.
Speaker 28: Somebody who entered this country illegally, does their kid automatically get birthright citizenship?
Speaker 2: Going forward?
Speaker 28: We can't even change the past, right, because those are the rules of the past. But at least going forward we will say that anybody knew who enters the country illegally and has a kid here, that kid does not automatically enjoy birthright citizenship. I think is a very reasonable position.
Speaker 2: Hright.
Speaker 6: We got more with Vivick Ramaswami. When we come back, don't move. It's the breakfast club, Good morning morning. Everybody is DJ Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlomage the guy.
Speaker 2: We are to breakfast club.
Speaker 6: No one the Roses say with us as well, were still kid getting with Vivick Ramaswami charlamag.
Speaker 28: What did Trump say when you told him you wanted to leave those It was it was a pretty good mutual discussion. He was very supportive, and uh, you know, I think Donald Trump and I we built a good relationship since I left the race.
Speaker 2: I think it's for me.
Speaker 28: I've always been somebody who I need to stand for my own vision for the country. I'm at my best when I'm standing for my vision for the future, and I'm excited for that. And Donald Trump was super supportive of that. We had a good time at the inauguration together, and I think we're gonna be working together informally for a long time to come.
Speaker 3: One of the executive orders that happened, uh you know, was DoLS was rebranded as the US Digital Yeah Service, which was an Obama air group which is basically created to keep demandage the Affordable Care Acts website, but now determines the best practic This is for the government's use of technology.
Speaker 4: That wasn't your initial vision.
Speaker 28: So look, there were there were a couple of different visions in approach, and I will say that Elon and taking a technology first approach, he's the best person to take that technology first approach, no doubt about it. You know what I've always been drawn to in my books and a lot of the articles I've written. In my own campaign for president, a lot of my focus has been on using the constitutional landscape and using the legislative landscape to bring down spending, the curb regulations. I think the best way to do that is from the perch of elected office. And I think that when you think about who's going to drive change through technology in the government, nobody better than Elon to do that.
Speaker 4: How you how is the.
Speaker 3: Trump administration will reduce food prices when they're deporting the people who are picking the food.
Speaker 7: Because he's that first day out and we ain't seen no prices drop in.
Speaker 2: Well, come on, it's been a couple of weeks, right, it's been not even a couple weeks.
Speaker 4: It's it's been a week.
Speaker 28: People who are actual picking the food, well, I mean deporting the people. Well, we maybe we should have a system. I think you would agree with me on this. Maybe we should have a system where the people who's picking our food, or people who are in our food supply chain were not people who entered the country illegally but actually fostered both American born and a proper legal immigration system to staff that in a way that isn't illegal.
Speaker 2: That's a separate question.
Speaker 3: Say you want people when there's only fourteen million people live in the country illegally.
Speaker 28: Let's let's just talk about bringing down food prices for a second, because I think it's an important point. I would also add to the list, by the way, housing prices. I would add to the list energy prices, especially electricity costs. I would add insurance costs. How things are going to be tough, Well, here's the number one way to do it. Increase the supply of everything, right, the laws of supply and demand. If you have constricted supply, you have higher prices. If you have more supply, prices come down. And one of the easiest things that we're able to do in all of those areas housing, food, energy, you bring down the regulatory barrier to producing.
Speaker 2: More of it.
Speaker 28: That is automatically going to bring prices down. That's at least the first and easiest step we can take. Some of this is at the federal level, but keep in mind, not all of this is stuff that Donald Trump can do. Some of this is a lot of this is actually at the state level too. I mean, you think about most of the regulations that stop people from producing food, most of the regulations that stop people from building new houses, including manufactured homes, which I think is actually an innovative area for the future. You think about even a lot of the restrictions on energy production, it's nuclear energy included. A lot of that is at the state level, which is part of why, in my own reflection right, thinking about having an impact on the country, you want here to do this public service thing. I'll tell you there's a lot about it that isn't super pleasant at all times. So if you're going to do it, you might as well have the biggest possible impact you can have. And the way I look at it is Donald Trump, He's got it covered at the federal level. I'm rooting for success, and I expect success, but it's not gonna be a one man show. At the end of the day. He got fifty states that have also have to tackle these very same problems, and especially when it's questions of affordability, questions really into education. Education is all driven by the states. I think the States is where it's at in terms of actually the need to drive real change. And so I've set my sights accordingly, and I will try to Yeah, I've tried to say I'm going to hopefully stay true to not just talking about this stuff, but to actually translate it to action.
Speaker 2: And I do think that this is a lot of the issues. We're talking about bringing down housing costs that is not a part is an issue. There are a lot of Republicans who are pissed off about high housing costs. A lot of Democrats were pissed off about high housing costs. And it is not a nature made problem. It's not a law physics. It is a man made problem. And a man made problem has a man made solution. And Donald Trump can set the tone. But those regulations, most of them are actually at the state level.
Speaker 28: Same thing with respect education, determining whether or not that poor young kid in the inner city, black, Hispanic, or white can go to an actual good school isn't determined by the federal government. It's determined by actually those state laws. Same thing with respect to food restrictions, the constraints on nuclear energy production, A lot of those are at the state level. And so I'm actually excited about making sure that we're not just looking at this as a one size fits all solution. I supported Donald Trump pretty heavily. I dedicated significant part of my last year to gettinghim elected because I thought he would restore that sense of spine, that sense of great to America. But it's never one man show. It's never one man coming down from the White House to save us. It's never been that way. In fact, our founders envisioned this system of federalism to be led by the state's bottom up as well, and so I'm excited for both of those to work in the next couple of years.
Speaker 3: Do you think you will push out of those because Trump rolled back the DEI initiatives?
Speaker 28: No, the contrary, and you know, I would say, just to be super clear about I have no problem with you know, framing or whatever. It was really just an actual mutual decision where you look at here's one vision on approach, here's a different vision on an approach. That's great, there's no right or wrong answer. With a technology driven approach and a technology first approach, there's no better person than Elon to run with that. With a constitutional law focus, with a legislation focus. Some of the areas I was focused on probably the right place to do it is elected office, and so we all agreed on that, and I think that that's actually a good thing, where we're able to where we're actually able.
Speaker 2: To collaborate, divide and conqueror.
Speaker 3: I behave Yeah, I don't believe you. I think you either got pushed out. You know that it's going to implode. I think that you know, Elon is going to crash and burn it. And you're a smart guy, and he said, you know what, let me get out of Dodge and go do my governor Ohio thing.
Speaker 2: So look, I know.
Speaker 28: I knew that the right step for me in the long run is elected office and to pursue the vision that we're talking about here, to actually translate that to.
Speaker 2: Action of my own terms, that's what I've been called to do.
Speaker 28: It was clear that I could not do that and serve on Doge at the same time, even for logistical reasons. It came to be in the government rather than an outside body. I was proud to be able to spend the first couple of months offering my contributions and setting it in the right direction with its focus now with its digital technology focus. No better person to do that than Elon in the way that he's going to lead it, and I am hopeful that there's going to be a lot of streamlining of government bureaucracy that comes out of that.
Speaker 2: And I'm pursuing my next steps.
Speaker 4: At the State.
Speaker 28: We're all on very good terms and so I wouldn't want to speak for anybody else, but I will say that they are very supportive of the.
Speaker 2: Disc vision that I made to pursue my next step. Got ye, all right?
Speaker 3: You hit me up every weekend and I cannot wait until you unhit your horse from this Maga wagon, and you.
Speaker 7: Can really tell me.
Speaker 2: I got my horse hitched to one wagon. And I'm not being corny about it.
Speaker 4: I really mean it.
Speaker 2: It is the America wagon. I love this country and I will you know what.
Speaker 28: I would rather fight to this country for the principles I believe in and stand for and lose than to win by checking some box along the way. And this next step for me, I think is going to be it's going to be really good.
Speaker 6: Good luck in Ohio. And uh, how are you gonna take care of Haitian family over there that you know? Trump said, Well, I visited.
Speaker 2: A member of them in in Springfield, and I think that I spent a lot of time in Springfield growing up. Actually any of them, we didn't. Oh yeah, no we did not. We hung out. We hung out.
Speaker 28: It was it was the daytime where we hung out. But I would say that it's understandable where you have a tiny community that is really small population in Springfield that has had its population dramatically transformed. I don't blame anybody. That's what I said when I went visited Springfield. I don't blame anybody in that community. I don't blame the people who live in Springfield for being upset. I don't blame Haitians who made decisions for their own family to end up in Springfield the way they are. I do blame a lot of Field government policies. And at the end of the day, you could sit back and blame the government all you want, and some of them. At a certain point in time, I said, Okay, I'm sitting here offering commentary from an armchair.
Speaker 2: I'm done with that.
Speaker 28: I want to go in and actually be through action, make a difference that you want to see. And so I think that running to be the chief executive of a state, a governor short of being a president is the single greatest way to.
Speaker 2: Have unshackled impact on your country. And I'll look forward to making a big announcement about that in a few weeks.
Speaker 6: All right, it's vivig Ramaswami. We appreciate you for joining us. Continue man, that's the Breakfast Club go morning. All right, Well, let's get right to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 8: You is real weapons, the lines, Jeff Carrobormore just don't do no lines, don't do that.
Speaker 4: Time re why jes worldwide.
Speaker 2: On the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 4: He was the coaching ship.
Speaker 24: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 4: Could get you to see.
Speaker 27: There's time to set it off.
Speaker 7: Alright, real quick before we get into this next story. I didn't want to say that that I d doc there's a lot of other parts coming out, and I mentioned that we didn't even get to everything that we were going to get to because what I realized and talking to y'all is like people don't really care no more about these documentaries, so.
Speaker 4: Many at this point of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was like nothing new, really, nothing new I learned outside of me my first time hearing the story about Diddy and Heavy D having a party and the people being trampled and all that stuff. That was like the That was probably one of the only stories that I hadn't.
Speaker 5: Heard d trampled somebody.
Speaker 7: No excuse me, no, they had. They led to many people in the party. People got trampled, people passed away.
Speaker 2: It was as a party at how I think it was at Howard.
Speaker 7: It was at Howard Day.
Speaker 4: That wasn't the celebrity basketball game else something else.
Speaker 2: That was asking I thought at Howard that was that was New York. Maybe that was in New York it was.
Speaker 7: On his Howard time, because it wasn't it was after Howard when he was still known as like the party guy.
Speaker 2: That basketball game was in New York.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it was in DC or New York. What I'm saying is that he was still there forty he was. This was early uh music days city and that whole thing happened.
Speaker 4: But the city college.
Speaker 7: Yes, but the girl who he didn't get.
Speaker 4: Up what's wrong?
Speaker 6: Were moving on moving as an artist that they did it together. He didn't, So he is the stampede. Yeah, running over.
Speaker 7: Puffy was the party guy. Heavy D was heavy ne Puffy was coming into the music.
Speaker 5: Then he was up there.
Speaker 7: They had a party that was.
Speaker 2: A celebrity basketball game City College.
Speaker 7: And don't sound like I did, because the woman, the woman that they have talking about it is a woman who knew him from Howard and the parties there which made them go to the party up here.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah that was It was a celebrity basketball game, said City College. Okay, well we're moving on, all right. I'm glad we learned the girl, Selena go Mas right. So yesterday Selena go Mass posted and then deleted a video of herself reacting to the immigration of for Smiths.
Speaker 7: We've said have been happening all over. Let's take a listen say that.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 7: Only people are getting tact children.
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 8: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I wish she could do something that I can't.
Speaker 8: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 7: I'll try everything.
Speaker 8: Because she's Mexican City, right, She's a Mexican American, and so she's she's scared because she's gonna be sent back.
Speaker 5: No, no, I know that she's crying because of other people.
Speaker 2: She was born here, she's born here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, she's just crying because I mean it's it's in real time. We're seeing people on Yeah, she doesn't feel like she can do anything. But when I tell y'all that people dragged sis bad bad, she deleted the video. That's how bad people. It was a whole thing of like, y'all voted for this, so now we're gonna sit it out. I know there's like a conversation right now, especially amongst like I'm not saying her in particular, but people were using her as an example of well, y'all asked for this at the polls, and now y'all getting it.
Speaker 2: People voted for this, American people and a.
Speaker 7: Lot of people, Okay, they also were like on the you know how they act with people who are rich, like you so rich, you got so much money? Send people lawyers, get them, get people like housing that are going.
Speaker 5: To stay here here illegally, like a lawyer for what.
Speaker 7: Look, I don't know, but I'm telling y'all when I say the dragon was bad, I felt bad for her. I'm like, dang, she should have just like took this up with her group chat like I did.
Speaker 4: See us sic.
Speaker 3: US Senate candidate Sam Parker, he did to justice point say she Selena should be deported.
Speaker 4: US Canada. Sam parkis prid she's legal.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Well I know Tom Homan is how he say his name, Tom Homan. He He also responded as well to we have the audio.
Speaker 22: I don't think we arrested any families. We've arrested public safety threats and national security tests bottom line. And look, President Trump won the election on this one issue, securing our border and saving lives. This what happened on our southern board lasts for is the biggest national security threat this country scene, at least in my lifetime. Because we've got over two million known guidway, you've got six hundred increase in sex trafficking, we got a record number of terrorists crossing the board on terrorist watch list. We have quarterminon Americans diving fentanack coming across the open border. We're going to do this job and we're going to force the laws of this country. If they don't like it, then go to Congress and change the law. We're going to do this operation law apology. We're going to make our community safer. We're going to save well. Once we lock that board on continuous operation, you're going to see fetanyl dest decrease, illegal alien crime decrease, sex trafficking decrease. It's just all for the good of this nation. And we're going to keep going. No policies, We're moving forward.
Speaker 7: Man, that white man sound like a cop. Dony he used to Jesus Razty.
Speaker 3: Technically is just remember everything Trump is doing, America gave him the power to do.
Speaker 7: But that's when people was trying to tell Selena like he was he was going to surprise, not a surprise, yea time homing.
Speaker 4: When ice pop up, y'all the real surprise.
Speaker 7: Y'all been seeing the videos of uh, doctor Phield. Doctor Field was outside of ice, do what getting the people up?
Speaker 4: No, listen, where you're from.
Speaker 18: You've been deported, reported from the United States, never been deported.
Speaker 2: I've been what have you been charged with? I'm not gonna say that, lawyer. Are you a citizen? My mother's your mother's a citizen, but you're not.
Speaker 4: But you've never been deported before, doctor Phil?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you know me?
Speaker 15: I've seen I've seen a doctor Phil you know on TV.
Speaker 18: This is exactly sanctuary cities, right, We've got everywhere conect to them. Such crimes involving children, he's walking in the streets, So Chicago. Again, the problem with the Sanctuury City that people like us walking the street rather than from all working with agends.
Speaker 2: This is what we're dealing with. You been charged with sex crimes with children?
Speaker 26: Really?
Speaker 2: Not doctor how you know me?
Speaker 4: I saw you.
Speaker 3: If somebody says you have you been jobbed with sex crimes for children and your answers not really, you gotta go, You got to go.
Speaker 2: But is he really doing a ride.
Speaker 7: Along with doctor Fields outside? And he tweeted He's been tweeting the videos too, and one of the videos he tweeted to basically make the point that Ice is not just doing these random sweets sweeps and sending home families and like you know, breaking up homes the way that people are making a scene. They're only grabbing people who are here illegally that are potential harms and just didn't follow the law to be here.
Speaker 5: You wanted to know what people did and who period and he not really did something, so.
Speaker 4: Not really, you gotta go. That's that's that's like, that's.
Speaker 3: Like when Tori sawt Kelly, how old is a little bit? You know what I'm saying like what you mean, not really, did you commit their crimes? Gets children?
Speaker 16: Not really?
Speaker 8: No, no.
Speaker 2: Questions A little bit that means the same thing. But doctor doctor Phil like the boogeyman. Now, if you see doctor Phil, you know what it is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's been there since he stood about that Trump rally and said, de I is is what it is like, I don't know what happened.
Speaker 4: I got him coming up here this week is s game.
Speaker 2: I'm running. I see doctor phillipm out don't block him on show. I don't even known.
Speaker 7: My girl myself finds a way to watch it though, Jesus, well them people locked in with doctor Phil.
Speaker 4: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that was just with the mess now charlamage, who are giving y'all?
Speaker 4: Don't you man? For after the hours.
Speaker 3: Since we're on the topic, let's talk about these insurrectionists and uh, these these capital rioters.
Speaker 6: Okay, talking about case by case basis. Let's discuss them, all right, we'll get into that. Nextus to the breakfast club. Good morning, wake up.
Speaker 2: If you're like into the breakfast club, this is a miracle, There.
Speaker 26: Is no question, and there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 4: Yes, you are a donkey.
Speaker 1: The latest on that police killing I'm a black man.
Speaker 2: Now, the new developments in the death Lee spatshooting Rampa.
Speaker 4: Then today it was a really bad day for.
Speaker 2: Him and this is what he did.
Speaker 7: And so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 3: Okay, White supremacist violence, it is always have been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 2: But I'm also very proud that my wife was white.
Speaker 4: It's a practice club bitches.
Speaker 7: All right, Frenny, please tell me why was I your Donkey of the day.
Speaker 3: Well, Donkey today for Tuesday, January twenty eighth goes to a few individuals. I'm gonna throw some names out there at Matthew Huddle he's forty two years old. He's from Hobart, Indiana. Daniel Charles Ball, he's from Florida. Andrew Take he's thirty six from Houston, Texas. What do all these people have in common? They were all part of the militia known as Vanilla Isis. Yes, they are all insurrectionist stormed the Capitol on January sixth, and they were all pardon last week by President Trump. Why am I bringing this up today because we just had a vic ramasoime on Breakfast Club Last Hour. He just recently left the Trump administration. All got pushed out depending on who you asked. And we were discussing these insurrectionists, all right, full disclosure, we had pre tape interviews, so the day before is when we talked to Bovec, So a couple of these stories actually came out yesterday afternoon. In the case of Daniel Charles Ball, that was the one I referenced during the Bovek interview. But I bought it up because there was no reason to do a blanket pardon of everyone on January sixth, no reason for President Trump to do that because some of these people were criminals before January sixth. Okay, Daniel Charles Ball was arrested for his role in January sixth. He entered the Capitol and broke a window shutter through a device at law enforcement officers that exploded. But he also has an outstanding warrant in Florida and was rearrested last week for a federal gun charge. Okay Andrew take attack police with bear spreak and a metal He has an unresolved charge of soliciting a minor and Matthew huddle Well Matthew.
Speaker 4: Is dead, ladies and gentlemen, okay, deceased. Jesus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has vacated his earthly meat prison. I know you're sitting around like Uncle Sharla Whyle. Would you ever give a dead man donkey today? Well, it is possible to die dumb, and I want to reiterate that Matthew was one of the insurrectionists who was pardoned by President Trump. The FBI said he was at the Capitol for several hours during the riots and into the building for approximately ten minutes. He was sentenced to six months in federal prison and twelve months on supervised release. But according to the Indiana State Police Criminal Investigation's Division, he was pulled over by the Jasper County Sheriff's Department for a traffic stop and he was allegedly resisting arrests. You don't say a Capitol riot rider had zero respect for law enforcement and resisted arrest.
Speaker 4: No, let's go to NBC newstory report Police Hulbert.
Speaker 1: Man, recently pardoned by President Trump for starting the Capitol in January sixth, was shot and killed by an Indiana sheriff steputy yesterday afternoon. This's happened during a traffic stop. The police account of what happened is that the deputy pulled over forty two year old Matthew Huddle on State Road fourteen year the Jasper County line around four to fifteen to the afternoon. When the deputy tried to arrest Huddle, they say here, resisted. There was an altercation that led to the deputy firing his gun, killing Huddle. Police go on to say that Huddle had a gun, but it's unclear what led up to that shooting.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: Huddle was just pardoned days ago for a misdemeanor related to the twenty twenty one Capital riot. He was originally sentenced to six months in federal prison.
Speaker 3: Once again, a Capitol Riot rioter had zero respectful law enforcement and resisted arrest. Listen, I'm just here to give people the credit they deserve for being stupid, and I'm here to inform y'all you're making your president look bad.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 3: I know folks don't listen to vice presidents. We learned that very well during the last administration.
Speaker 2: But JD.
Speaker 3: Van said something that made a lot of sense in regards to the January sixth part is it was very logical.
Speaker 4: Listen, it's very simple.
Speaker 20: Look, if you protest peacefully on January the sixth, and you've had merrit Garland's Department of Justice treat you like a gang member, you should be pardoned. If you committed violence on that day, obviously you shouldn't be pardoned. And there's a little bit of a gray area there, but we're very much committed to seeing the equal administration of law. And there are a lot of people, we think in the wake of January the sixth, who were prosecuted unfairly.
Speaker 4: We need to rectify that.
Speaker 15: Well.
Speaker 3: I wanted to part where he said pardon should be done on a case by case basis, but you know, I never get what I want around here. But yes, pardon should be done on a case by case basis. And these three cases I just named some of those cases, all right. Number One, Daniel and Andrew were both violent towards police. That should disqualified him for a pardon, according to JD. Vance, I agree, okay. Second, Andrew was out here allegedly soliciting minors online. And Daniel had a federal gun charge and got rearrested as soon as he was as soon as he was released. Okay, If Trump would have done these pardons on a case by case basis, like his vice president said, he would have seen that and made the right decision. Okay, Matthew Huddle. I hate that you lost your life to law enforcement. They said allegedly it was resistant the rest you had a gun. It's hard to give you the benefit of the doubt because we saw how these domestic terrorists known as Vanilla Ice has treated law enforcement on January sixth. I'm honestly shocked y'all didn't get shot and killed then.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: You had the complexion for the protection, all right.
Speaker 3: The things more often did not tend to work out, but clearly they didn't work out this time for you because you're dead. Look all the insurrectionists capital rioters, please understand that double jeopardy in your case isn't the second round okay on the game show, all right, nor does it give you a.
Speaker 4: Second chance to break the law.
Speaker 3: I just want to make people aware of who these people are who got these pardons.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to the NBC News for that report. Please.
Speaker 30: This is probably the trickle of stories we're gonna get on January sixth. Going forward, it'll be about people who committed other crimes outside of this. Because remember, while there were certainly a lot of people who stroveing the Capitol on January sixth and didn't have like a long criminal record and might even have a no criminal record at all, and we're u upstanding citizens otherwise according to their neighbors, there was this whole contingent of these January sixth riders who had some really awful criminal histories behind them. I mean know, domestic abuse, really ugly assaults on their partners and wives, child molestation cases, you know, these dy cases. There's a lot of drug problems, a lot of a lot of alcohol problems. And now I think some of these January sixth prosecutors are wondering, you know, what's going to be the next what's going to be the next story to drop?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just remember everything Trump is doing, America gave him the power to do. Okay, he was voted in as president and he asked full control of government, all three branches of government. So everything he's doing you have the constitutional right to do. Doesn't mean it's right, but sadly it's the American way. Please give Matthew Huddle, Daniel Charles Ball, and Andrew take the biggest he hull. In fact, like Kathy Griffin, give him the biggest he huh.
Speaker 4: Please give this giant jar Mal the biggest heathw YEA heavy on those sours. Yes, that is crazy. Mm I doubt it.
Speaker 2: I doubt it too.
Speaker 6: All right, well, thank you for that donkey today. Indeed, now when we come back, we have Derek Lewis joining us now. Derek is an ex executive from PEPSI. He recently retired. He actually graduated from Hampton University.
Speaker 2: Good brother.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 2: He brings a lot to the table when it comes to bringing.
Speaker 6: Us to places where we usually are not all right, And we're gonna talk to Derek Lewis when we come back. He has a new book called Survive in Advance, lessons on living a life without compromise.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna talk to Derek Lewis when we come back.
Speaker 5: He bought me a hoodie and Laurence stole it.
Speaker 4: Damn, y'all go together, y'all.
Speaker 5: She didn't deal with me.
Speaker 4: She got the vibrated withs Okay, jes need to give me.
Speaker 2: It's the practice club, Good Morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 17: Morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is dj n V Jess hilarious charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast club, law on the roaster, Fillinandi. We got a special guest in the building. We got the good brother, Derek Lewis. Welcome brother, Good on my brothers.
Speaker 12: How you doing that? How you doing now? I'm doing great?
Speaker 4: Excellent, excellent man.
Speaker 6: Now for people that don't know who Derek Lewis is, besides going to the greatest university and college in the world, Oh, which one is that? That's eight definitely not Delawestate Hampton University.
Speaker 12: That's right.
Speaker 29: Breakdown who Derek Lewis is. Derek Lewis is a inspirational leader. Grew up in Chocolate City back in the sixteen seventies, single parent, familyhood lifestyle. Decided I wanted to be something different. I want to dream big for myself despite the circumstances I was under in the Chocolate City back at that time, and was inspired by getting a great education, inspired by joining a big company, inspired by putting that work in to become who I wanted to be, my best version of myself to lead others, be not only a go getter, but also a go giver and for excellence. And I was able to do that over a thirty five year career at Pepsi. Since then, I've retired now and I keep doing my work. I'm i'll see released in the book. Thank you for the opportunity to talk about that today. And also I'm launching Chief Steak Restaurants in Orlando, Big Day's Cheese Steak. So you know brother Derek Hay's who I love him too, So I wass first franchise e. I'm bringing ten units to central Florida. I've already opened up four locations, two in the Kia Center and two in Campbeld Stadium.
Speaker 12: We're off and running.
Speaker 29: I got two brick and mortars that open up at in the Marsh beginning of April, and the sky's the limit. I'm also obviously serving on boards. I'm back of my alma mater, serving as a trustee and putting in the work. There more nonprofit boards, doing the family thing. So life has been great, but I'm also maybe still contributing the ways that satisfied me and my family.
Speaker 2: What was your title at PEPSI rate before you.
Speaker 29: The last title, I was President of PepsiCo Multicultural North America, so for the entire corporation.
Speaker 4: Basically D.
Speaker 29: Before D, it wasn't D, So I want to clarify the D and I there it was D, and I had its own department. I was all about focusing on consumer culture in community and so I was. Primarily throughout my career, I was an operating executive, So I ran the P and L. I had billions of dollars responsibility. At one point I was running North America and then we did a restructure and I went soon the South the South responsibility as president. And then at the tail end that run, which is about three years, we delivered fantastic results and we developed such a good playbook at the time because COVID was involved in George Floyd, situations evolved and we had developed such a good model on you know, culture, community and company that the company asked me to step in and create this big role for the entire corporation using the best practice that we developed in sort of the suther the United States and be able to start to implement that.
Speaker 12: So that was the last role that I had had in coment.
Speaker 29: Primarily throughout my career, I was I was all put in sales and driving profit, driving market share. It was getting after it in the trenches each and every single day.
Speaker 2: You were one of the first people corporate wise, right.
Speaker 6: I graduated from Hampton a long time ago, so I would go to all these different homecomings, but you would probably want of the first to bring huge corporations to all the HBCUs, right, not just the big ones, because you know, it's easy to just to go to the big ones where North Carolina A and T, which is the biggest university as far as students are, you know, concerned, or a FAMU which is a big university. Why was it so important to you to do that HBCU running to show up at those HBCU schools when other corporations weren't, but they started following after you did.
Speaker 29: Absolute it's all about legacy, right, and so my SPCU experience at Hampton was absolutely fascinating, incredible, and so to be able to take that experience build that you know, sort of legacy not only through the corporate side, investing not only just events activational on campus.
Speaker 12: But also recruitment. I recruited heavily on HBCU campuses.
Speaker 29: I pushed hard to have recruitment centers go down to these schools, not just in called Mid Atlantic area.
Speaker 12: But also down throughout the Southwest.
Speaker 29: I was responsible for setting up the Swack partnership that we still enjoy today. That has been now a long term partnership and agreement based on the schools that are in Swack, great schools, great campuses. Certainly the activation mainly revolves around sports, but I took that and extend that to recruitment and also community effort right and so me it's a whole sort of end to end proposition, not just about the parties and social side. It's also about jobs. It's also about what we're doing in the community. It's also about setting up legacy for the future.
Speaker 7: When you in the open end of your book you talk about going through like all of the pandemic and the riots that happened after George Floyod and my Ibubury, and you realizing like, I'm not an activist, but I do want to do something because I know what it's like to not know what's going to happen tomorrow. When did you get to a point of your career where you felt empowered to be like, my activism is in the boardroom, and this is what I'm going to do because being like only or like one a few In a big corporation like a Pepsi, it's not easy to be like, you know what, y'all listen to me, this is what we need to do, This is how we should get back, this how we should help.
Speaker 12: That's a great question.
Speaker 29: I think mid career I felt that responsibility now because I was starting to really move up in your organization, and there weren't many people at the top, and so a lot of the younger associates looked for me for a guidance direction, and so I just started creating networks across kind. I moved around a lot, so you know, when I ended up in the West Coast, I would we would be at a national meeting and it would not be in common for me to call all the black associates to a hospitality event at the end of the night and we would have like one hundred people in the suite. I just go up, go rent a suite, go and get everybody together and just talk to them about their journey, what's going on, how I see the future of the company. I'm a historian of the culture at Pepsi, right, and that takes a hell of a lot of courage because of the only time, I'm worried. I have my own concerns in my own life about what's happening. But the time when someone leadership is needed, it was time for me to step in and step up.
Speaker 12: And I did that.
Speaker 29: I did it honorably and gracefully, humbly, and I was excited to do that. I was excited company gave me the platform to do that, and I think it turned out very very well for everybody.
Speaker 6: With companies taking DEI off the table, how would that affect the company like PEPSI, How would that affect those big companies? Since you've been there and you've seen whether they hired African Americans or minorities, how does that affect that? And do you think it's a good idea.
Speaker 29: I think they'll be fine because again, they're going back to their history. The history is so strong, and the torch passing from CEO to CEO has been really strong and solid. So it's like running is relay race that that never stops, right, So I feel like they'll be in good shape.
Speaker 12: I think for what I'm seeing now, it's not.
Speaker 29: Obviously it's unfortunate, but at the same time, as I talked about my book, a lot it's an opportunity. Right, So while there, you know, looks appeared to be a setback, there's times for now leaders, companies, cultures to step up to the plate.
Speaker 12: It's about people.
Speaker 29: And so even this case where you're telling a cohort that we're demphasizingself to deprioritize in, you have necessarily come back with something that you're doing to to offset that, something in that revolves greater good, more collaboration, sort of more sensitivity around things are going on.
Speaker 12: That's how you treat people.
Speaker 29: And right, so that lack of sort of compassion that is being shown in the we're cutting it and we're not talking about really anything else, I think is just not good. So I think this is a time for leadership to step up to the plate. It's not hard to write this new play, but by the way, should have been read a long time ago, at least like myself could have done it. I could almost feel in twenty twenty what was happening. It was a more in your face moment. Everybody was going to get on board because no one wanted to be left behind or deal with the rash of being sort of on the outside looking at And then obviously what happens is time moves on.
Speaker 12: Things move on.
Speaker 29: They really really weren't any call it scorecard metrics or calibration against what you said and what you were going to go do to Now can anybody go back and even remember what people said back in twenty twenty, right, So there was always a question around sustainability of that effort.
Speaker 3: I can remember, I can remember them pleaguing all that money to them qualifications and not delivering.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, right, there was a lot of money, a lot of checks written.
Speaker 12: Yeah, ton of checks written.
Speaker 29: But where are we to a lot of pleasures with no checks with exactly exactly exactly you had to happen too, right, And so you have people, you know, in a quiet way of resisting or just reacting instead of really reimagining what the new playbook be. So we actually took the time to reimagine the old D and I into something more modern that focused again on being more comprehensive, certainly being more collaborative, and being more compassionate.
Speaker 12: We can get there.
Speaker 29: That's not hard to do, by the way, It's not hard also to execute that plan. What's hard is getting everybody on board.
Speaker 2: All we got more with Derek Lewis when we come back.
Speaker 6: He has a new book out, lessons on living a life without compromise, sur Vibe Avance, Keep it Locked. This the Breakfast Club, Good Morning Morning, Everybody's dj n V Jess Larry's Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Lauren has here with us as well. We're still kicking it with Derek Lewis, former executive from PEPSI, also graduated from Hampton University. He has a new book, Survived and Advance, lessons on living a Life without Compromise.
Speaker 2: Charllemagne, do you know I.
Speaker 3: Always said that the problem I had a corporate DEI. It didn't feel for us, by us like it should have been more. It should have been black people right telling these corporations right, what is needed right, not in these corporations saying okay, here, this is what we're going to do.
Speaker 11: What.
Speaker 29: That's the difference with a PEPSI is that we were always at the table, you know, throughout the history of time, whether it was a black salesforce back in the forties up until modern era. I was at the table when these programs were being developed and had a point of view and have perspective and I give all the cities credit to all the CEOs who listened, who adapted, who empowered the executives take.
Speaker 12: Charge, And I would do the same thing.
Speaker 29: I would have asked the employees instead of putting your head down with all this, now you're empowered to do something about it. I believe in the structure of rg's andployee resource groups, and I believe you have to have places to be safe where you're If you feel isolated in the company, no matter where you come from, you have to have a place to go and should go. And so those things should structurally stay in place. But it's up also incoming upon those groups to lead a new agenda for the future. Not keep looking up going where we're going, where we're going. Guess gout you're looking up. There's nobody. There's nobody looks like you up at the top. Okay, think about it. CEOs right now fourteen five hundred less than two percent, So how much progress is that really from the nineteen sixties and now we have two percent less than two percent of people running the top five runner companies the world. They're qualified people out there, there's no doubt about I'm one of those qualified people. Are gonna run a forty five hundred company. So I'm not trying to do that now. But I'm out here and there's hundreds, if not thousands of people like me that are qualified, but they're not getting the opportunities. So in some regard you can look at, did the de structure actually hurt progress from people over and because of this received you're getting an express card check the box, you know, a fast mover, you know, without sort of having the merit and having the credential to do that. I think there were a lot of conservas and hell, it actually held a lot of people back. So let's re adding this, Let's rebuild it. Let's not while we respect the ground and nature of how it was built. Let's evolve into a way that is more comprehensive, more collaborative, and more compassionate.
Speaker 12: And we get there.
Speaker 29: Everybody wins. You can't have winners and losers in the space. You can't have mandates in the space.
Speaker 2: I was there.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you this right because I love the title of the book Surviving Advanced Lessons on living a life without compromising.
Speaker 4: It's rooted in the DEI thing. Right now, you have a lot of.
Speaker 3: People saying they want a boycott Target because they rolled back their DEI initiative, which I don't get it. You know, it's a lot of different companies that roll back the why just Target, But what they're saying is they want to make an example out of this one company. But then now people are saying, hey, let's need let's do a compromise, let's support the black brands in Target with boycott everything else. What do you what do you think the best course of action?
Speaker 29: I think the best course of action again is I think I think leaders around the space, people who have experienced, people who have you know, dealt with struggle in their life like I have, who've been through a journey I've been through HPCUS need to lead a new agenda, need to lead a more modern agenda. That again I go to these same three Ce's right, that is absolutely more comprehensive going this this boycott angle and only supporting this support and that that's not the answer. Hither, that's not the answer. It's very short term. Yeah, it drives a lot of engagement, but it's not the right answer. You're going to increase, even increase polarization to even a greater extent. When you do that, our chance, our time is now to look at this as a positive in terms of change and creating new change for the culture, and do it in the right way that's going to create the statement. Doing these sort of side hustles and taking these tactics that are abrupt, abrasive, temporary don't solve the long term problems. I'm into solving the long term problem. Let's solve the long term problem. Let's get people leaders together with the corporation and say, hey, we want to take a different cut at this. That takes real strategic leadership, that takes real sort of collaboration and maturity to pull this off and not look at it with your head down, look at what your head up on, what's the future look like in the space, and having people to be table to do that, we'll get us to the right space.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about you. You come up with your wife as well.
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, how long you've been married. We've been married thirty two years.
Speaker 2: Now, explain how that is. Having the right partner by your side.
Speaker 12: It's met everything, it's been me and showing me.
Speaker 6: Talk about it all the time. With the right partner that keeps you out of trouble. I'm doing foolish and sometimes she got a smack in the back of your head. So talk about that journey, about having that right partner on your side to make sure that you yeah.
Speaker 29: I mean, it really has been the key to the success I've had. And I talk about this a lot, especially recently. We've been talking about a lot. Is our line shared vision on how we want to do live our lives.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 29: The story at Hampton, you know, it was volatil we met. I was a senior, she was a freshman. Things didn't work out. They worked out great at beginning, but as you know, those things are temporary down there, didn't work out.
Speaker 2: I moved on.
Speaker 29: I wanted to be this Go get my job, go establish some income, go buy my first house. Before I started taking relationship seriously, it was a big mistake that I'm glad didn't cost me because I wouldn't be here now if if she wasn't part of my life. But we reunited, Tom Heels, I matured, I came back. I saw the value, true value she brought to the table, and I knew all along that our vision on family, our vision on career, our visional community our visional faith were so aligned that it was it was obvious for me to say, hey, I need to lock this down right because I knew that the place I wanted to go go, I absolutely had to have a partner that was willing to go along with that ride, and that that ride wasn't going to have lumps to it. So a lot of sacrifice that we had, but we've built the family we wanted to build. We call ourselves Team Lewis. She's the co captain or she's actually the chief household officers I would tell, would say to her and been a over part of all that. But shared vision has been the absolute focal point of our success. Leaning on each other, trusting each other, grinding each other. She's made me better. I would like to see have made her better, but she certainly has made me better in this whole journey.
Speaker 7: And there's a point in the book, not the statistic, and this point in the book just talking about your wife and leaning on her. You talk about like your journey with like finding out that you had a cancer's mass and just things you overlooked because you were working and just you know, just in day to day and the title of the book survived. In advance, you talked about feeling like you survived and you got away from a lot of things and didn't have to worry about what was going to happen next to your life. And then you're super successful and then cancer comes your wife. Is there any families there? Like, can you talk to me about like what that journey was like for you?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 7: All the way, You're still you kind of get emotional, right, Yeah, that was great.
Speaker 29: That was It was a tough time, right. I mean, I'm retired now, I'm playing a lot of golf and I'm having the time of life. And then I started seeing blood in my stool. And again, sloppy for me, undisciplined for me. I never had a colonoscary, you know. And so here I am fifty six and every year I go get my executive physical check in the box and doctor's like, hey, Derek, is you're over fifty hours? Time to get your coloscar. I'm like, I got you, I got you, I got you. But I'm going back to the grind. I'm going back to the grind. I'm focused on people. I wasn't scared. I just ignored I deprioritized it. I made it feel like my executive physical was good. I'm feeling good. The boxes were.
Speaker 7: Checked, said, you had all the best doctors.
Speaker 29: Yeah, your cognitive skills were good, your motor skills the highest they've ever been. You know, your blood comes back fine, You're good. So I'm like, I'm good man. I got to get back to the grind, and I ignored it was. It was a terrible decision. I don't want anybody out there that is fifty or over and has not had a colonoscary. Now, as a matter of fact, you you started getting younger. Now, I started a lot younger.
Speaker 4: I think it went down to forty five of them, depending on your family history.
Speaker 12: A lot of has to do with your family history. But the earlier the better.
Speaker 29: So there's no there's no such thing as an early start with checking out your checking out yourself in that regard.
Speaker 12: And so it was.
Speaker 29: It was a terrible decision. It would have cost my life. But my wife was fully behind me. She took it actually hard than I did. But she was a rock and this whole thing, and I wouldn't have got through it and that at that level if it wasn't for her and her support. She came through big time, and my network came through big time, and it was one of the most incredible experiences. I say, I say in the same breath. It was the hardest lesson I learned. It's also the greatest lesson I learned at the same time, because I got a lot of runway left and that you just motivated me now for the next thirty some years of my life to go after in ways that I haven't gone before. It refueled me and re energized me. It put me in a different space and again this whole notion of going being a go giver. Man, I'm in that space and I see the vision of what the future holds for that. That's right, all right, Well.
Speaker 6: Pick up the book his memoir, Survive in Advance, lessons on living a life without compromise. It's out right now, Derek Luis. We appreciate all right, y'all, Thank y'all, Thank you so much.
Speaker 12: What y'all do.
Speaker 2: Man, it's us, good morning, the Breakfast Club, wanting everybody. It's the j n V.
Speaker 6: Just hilarious, charlamagnea god, we are the Breakfast Let's get to just with the mess.
Speaker 23: Music real, whether it's Laurens j Justic Robber Moore just don't do no lines, don't do that talk nobody talk the world why jes worldwide talk to on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 24: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that.
Speaker 7: Nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 27: It's time to set it.
Speaker 5: Off, all right, y'all, No, hold up, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: I know you're excited. This is my child.
Speaker 5: Look, I know now I'm only on episode too, the new the new Netflix series.
Speaker 8: Far from what's the update because I'm only on two, but I don't It's like I don't want you to like, I'm not gonna give.
Speaker 5: It a spoiler spoiler, but what's the latest drama? What's going on?
Speaker 10: All?
Speaker 5: I forget it?
Speaker 7: Okay, So all right, So over the weekend, I don't even know if this is on the show or not. I'm only the episode four wag on Netflix, Like, okay, thank you because we locked in over here, Come on over bill Mark ready, I really love this show. So wax Riches on Netflix over the weekend. MJ on the show. You guys know, MJ. She is the mother of one of Kodak Black's uh baby babies. Her name is Miranda Johnson. She got into it at her her baby's birthday party, so they were they're celebrating her three year old daughter, her and his three year old daughter. I don't know, nor do police know who she actually got into it with, but law enforcement sources were called. It was a It was a big rockets, they say. Police woke to several people who told them that they were injured and wanted to press charges. But when push came to shove and cops started asking questions names and numbers, they was told that only one person was willing to cooperate. I don't know, sounds like I don't yeah. MJ on the show. She's gotten into issues before, and normally before they were over Kodak, like she's on the show. She pulled up on one of the baby moms, the other baby moms or whatever cause, oh, she beat his cards to a pulpe Yes now.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 7: I like MJ though, because I feel like MJ she's young and she's learning, and it's like she's doing it in front of the world. She's not making the best decisions all the time about this man, but she's learning, and the other girls on the show to me specifically, and I liked Charelle before this. They a little judgmental.
Speaker 2: It's a mean girl show, so mean.
Speaker 7: I feel like MJ is actually not a mean girl. She just get crazy when she needs to. And I'm not with somebody pulling up when they have to, right, But I.
Speaker 2: Talking, but that's a mean girls show.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, very too old to being clicks and be judging people walk.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so on the show you have.
Speaker 25: That.
Speaker 7: You have Cherrell on the show who is married to Jo Cinco? You marriage well, yeah, Cho Cinco. You have Stony on the show, who's the ex wife or ex girlfriend of Rick Ross. I don't know if they were married or not. Yes, Jeweles is on the show. There's a ton of ladies on the show.
Speaker 16: You do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're the only one because I mean, I don't I'm indifferent, But you're the first person I ever said heard say I love Yesterda in life. Okay that's why. Yes, yes, So people have been coming out about the show really bad and talking about how they hate the way that the show portrays the women who are married to these athletes, because there's so much more to these women apparently right, like they're supposed to just be running businesses, managing mom life while traveling with the athlete husbands. But all you see on the show is like, I hate you, I'm judging you. Cherrelle literally told Stony, who is the ex of Rick Ross, I don't want to be your friend because I heard you used to be a prostitute. Let's take a listen to that. I just told them I just don't with you. I don't see myself with you because of the reputation you have and what reputation is at.
Speaker 4: I'm for one, So what is this you guys patrolling?
Speaker 19: Can I get along? We're grown and I'm pretty sure you have pictures, videos and you've been overs phone. Okay, so you're telling me because somebody decided to.
Speaker 5: Act out of revenge to me, that you're not for me.
Speaker 7: No, it's not just that. If you're going to have sex videos of yourself, advice, make sure it's your own. Okay.
Speaker 5: Oh lord, A bunch of old ass clowns.
Speaker 8: I already.
Speaker 7: That episode. Sorry to anybody who didn't see that episode, but you gotta watch. It's actually made up a bit since then. But I have again, I'm only like four episodes in so I don't know if they felt like you gotta watch it. It was so crazy to me because your girl gets into it. Yes, Jewel gets into it too. Did you see that and that that caused a big follow online? Let's say yes, juice.
Speaker 25: That she was.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you something, what do you do for your culture? I'm a real estate agent.
Speaker 5: I get people in wy you make money off people buying homes.
Speaker 7: Okay, that is that's cool, but you're not.
Speaker 2: You don't know me.
Speaker 7: You're talking about me like I'm a culture.
Speaker 10: So I'm just wondering you're gonna talk about the culture.
Speaker 4: Don't talk about what you do.
Speaker 7: You say, Sack, do a lot for my culture. You were the same that wanted to wear a shirt, right the shirt said.
Speaker 5: Ninja's like just like saying, I'm not going to say.
Speaker 7: Because you're around a bunch of black women coming.
Speaker 22: Yes, and.
Speaker 2: And I love.
Speaker 4: The lower You're no, I'm not.
Speaker 7: For the lower I'm not.
Speaker 15: Is that.
Speaker 7: When I tell you went down? After that? So the shirt that it was a tweet. Yes, Jewels had tweeted out a shirt and that and yet in words lie a lot. And she was like, so am I allowed to wear this shirt? And people were of course upset about that because yes, she was just white, and so the girl brought it back up on the show. They fall. So people are like, why is this cultural appropriator on the show. It caused the whole.
Speaker 4: Dragon woman it's not.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you how people are discussing this show. Okay, most people don't like it though. They're like, this is is too ratchet.
Speaker 2: But what are you watch your reality TV for?
Speaker 11: Like this?
Speaker 7: Okay, wait, so we gotta go real quick. There's a woman in the Detroit that is she filed a lawsuit. I just spoke with her attorney.
Speaker 2: Her name is Big Dang.
Speaker 7: She's a music artist. Because she was denied a lipt, she filed a lawsuit for weight discrimination. A lip driver pulled up and would not let her get in a cart.
Speaker 4: More car is small?
Speaker 17: Can fit in this car?
Speaker 8: Believe me?
Speaker 5: Yes, being my money.
Speaker 4: I'm going to cast her.
Speaker 3: You're not going to be party.
Speaker 17: So you telling me I can't get in the list because I can't.
Speaker 2: Fit in your car?
Speaker 29: Yeah, you hold her a biggert Make you think.
Speaker 17: I can't sit in the car holding my best friend has a BIS. That's more than this that I can think. That's the same time, So you're really telling me I don't too bis get in your car.
Speaker 15: So I got to order another lit and to be.
Speaker 4: More and more specifically with you.
Speaker 15: I got very tired.
Speaker 5: I got very tired, very tired.
Speaker 4: How big is she?
Speaker 7: I don't know her actual way, but she is a bigger girl.
Speaker 25: You know.
Speaker 5: I wanted them to tell you because it's different levels are big? You know, like it look like like you're big in a fun.
Speaker 7: There's a photo of a big thing. She's a music artist and by the ways she will cut you out. She went off in a video. They don't say God blessed her like that, though God.
Speaker 21: Knows.
Speaker 5: She said, she knows any type of people.
Speaker 2: You can't be saying for you did your home?
Speaker 24: What?
Speaker 21: Yes?
Speaker 5: What did you just say? I just order xl' job?
Speaker 7: What's your homework?
Speaker 6: The Benz was a C class that he was picking her up in the small bends And when I did my homework, it says the weight limit is twelve hundred, so she could have fit.
Speaker 2: She's no where there twelve hundred, so your own.
Speaker 5: Weight limit for people in the trunk already?
Speaker 2: Like, what's doing that research?
Speaker 4: But yeah, because because she's why are you mad at the man for being honest.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he ain't saying because, according to her attorney, under the law, refusing someone to ride because of her weight is the same as refusing him a ride because of race of religion, according to her attorney, So she wants damages, She wants damages, and she wants her attorney fees paid for that. Look, we denyed him entry here.
Speaker 2: We gotta let him go.
Speaker 4: We gotta go, we gotta go.
Speaker 7: Come and that was Big Mac.
Speaker 2: Right, that's the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the mix. Come on, wait, you're like enter the breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody's the j Envy Jess, hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. We got a salute to Vveck Ramaswami for joining us this morning.
Speaker 4: Yes, salute to Vivek Ramaswami.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 4: You know he's formerly of DOGE.
Speaker 3: DOGE was an agency created by the Trump administration. It was supposed to be Vivek and Elon Musk that was supposed to help with government efficiency.
Speaker 4: But Vivek walked away, that's right, or he got pushed out, that's right.
Speaker 3: Arwhen Donald Trump rode back his d I initiatives all across the country.
Speaker 4: They kicked him out.
Speaker 3: I don't know what about, okay, but something happened. But he's no longer with them anymore.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 6: So if you want to see that full interview, just hit up the Breakfast Club page on YouTube. And also salute to Derek Lewis for joining US ex executive from PEPSI.
Speaker 2: He graduated from Hampton. He has a new book out.
Speaker 6: He talks about how he got his job and how he climbed so high to that corporate ladder. And you could see that interview on Breakfast Club YouTube page as well. All right, now when we come back, we got the positive notice to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning morning.
Speaker 6: Everybody is DJ Envy, J chelam and the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time to get it out of here. Charlaman, you've got a positive note.
Speaker 3: I do have a positive note, and it's simply this man to protect your energy. It's okay to cancel a commitment. It's okay to change your mind. It's okay to want to be alone. It's okay to take a day off, it's okay to do nothing. It's okay to speak up, and it's okay to let go to protect your peace, have a blessed day.
Speaker 4: Breakfast club bitch is do y'all finished or y'all done