Speaker 1: It's Monday and we are feeling it.
Speaker 2: Here but yack, capital M and o ya, but we're gonna get through it together with a brand new episode for your second Date podcast. You have found the official Brook and Jeffrey podcast. Thank you so much for subscribing. Before we get to it, comments Alexis, Yes.
Speaker 3: Someone left a little story on their meet cute with their now husband. I guess okay, h K S two four CM, I don't know seven.
Speaker 1: It's a good user name.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have known my husband since we were neighbors at fourteen. I never thought he was attractive until we were thirty six. Well, and I saw him with my kids, and I saw his heart and I fell madly in love with him.
Speaker 1: Now I think he's a sexiest fan alive. And after ten years of marriage, he still gives me butterfly.
Speaker 4: You guys still have a chance to get.
Speaker 3: ALONGA says jose You are a cutie after Oh, well.
Speaker 4: We know their gauge on ye never mind.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine?
Speaker 2: I hope you don't tell your husband that I never thought you were a hot Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how you pick up one of the kids after they fell down.
Speaker 3: Yea YouTube, my kid, I gotta take a nap, and you looked a lot better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, exactly, all right, there's the bar. I love it. Your brand new episode starts right now.
Speaker 5: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date Updates.
Speaker 6: When you're on a date with someone, what could stand out about them that turns you on other than obviously their looks?
Speaker 4: Like, what could put that spark in you? Maybe like a sexy laugh.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's always good, or just a nice.
Speaker 2: Voice, an intoxicating cologne, good eye contact but not too much.
Speaker 4: An extra tooth that isn't growing out of their mouth, are.
Speaker 1: Coming out of us?
Speaker 4: Oh don't you want to know?
Speaker 1: I don't know that I do.
Speaker 4: I'm just bringing it up.
Speaker 6: Because one of our listeners said his date got him going with something other than physical attractiveness.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think that tooth actually counts as physical attractiveness.
Speaker 4: But for him, apparently it was her brain.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that.
Speaker 6: I'll be honest, you lost me. But I don't know what you're talking about. You liked your brain, I.
Speaker 7: Know, I know it's I was a younger man once and it was all about the looks and stuff at this time. Man, it was the brain that won me over and I met a girl named Jane on a dating app.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, I'm going to try to put my aside to listen to what you're saying, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: I know you're being sarcastic, but it went too far just then.
Speaker 6: Okay, you don't get to see my extra tooth now, Brooke. Sorry, keep going, Cory, So you said.
Speaker 7: I read our profile and immediately noticed that it was exceptionally well written. Everything she's put on there was well fought out. So it wasn't just brevity, you know, there was weight to every word.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, all right, well cool whatever brevity means?
Speaker 1: How do you hit smarty? Huh? How did you guys spark a conversation?
Speaker 7: I told her, Uh, I'm only pursuing you on a ear because I think you're deep and really smart.
Speaker 4: Wow. You said that based off of her bio?
Speaker 1: Okay, and she liked it obviously because she she hit you back and said thumbs up. You're right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she gave me. She gave me devil horns, and I knew it was a go.
Speaker 4: No not kidding, okay that you are kidding.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm not sure I understand, but clearly there is some chemistry happening on the apps.
Speaker 1: It works.
Speaker 7: It wasn't perfunctory stuff. We didn't just talk about my family, my hobbies, my job, you know, it was we talked about the stock market. You know, we're both the trading.
Speaker 4: Okay, but they are.
Speaker 7: Okay, So yeah, supposed army of automicans that should be dominating the world stage within a.
Speaker 4: Few years ago, right, yeah, totally, Corey.
Speaker 7: Turned on as I've been in the past.
Speaker 4: Okay, So let me just ask real quick, are you on drugs?
Speaker 8: Court?
Speaker 4: Is that what's happening?
Speaker 6: Can you like I feel like we're asking questions and you're not answering.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I am on a drug right now. I'm on a high cold and maybe having met the right person, so.
Speaker 4: It sounds big.
Speaker 1: Where did you go? What'd you do?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: Well, we we went out to dinner at a little tapas plates smart people, and but I told I saw a straight at your real smarty pants. I was flirting with her and she said this is as she came back. Right, Oh, I don't know about that, but I do know how to correctly use a semi colon and we high five at that point.
Speaker 1: Actually it's working.
Speaker 6: Whatever you guys have happy That is the weirdest flirt I've ever heard.
Speaker 5: But did they high five over it?
Speaker 4: That she bragged that she knew how to use a semi colon properly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it wasn't a joke. She really did, And that is the bang of my existence. Some people don't even use it much less know how to use it to.
Speaker 4: Help you and to defend you.
Speaker 6: I remember one time years ago I used a semi colon on Tinder and a girl literally said, is it weird that the semi colon made you more attractive?
Speaker 1: Or does it just make you look old? Like those gen z ors.
Speaker 2: They're not using any punctuations, don't even capitalized even capitalized that.
Speaker 6: If grammar is the hot thing that got you two going together, then look good on you. No judgment over seriously, So I mean, I don't even really want any more details from the date.
Speaker 4: Just tell us how it ends.
Speaker 7: Yeah, long story short. I walked her back to her car, and I told her how impressed I was with her as a person. But I was young, I was jazz man, and and it was a different spending time with her hear to anyone else I've ever run on date?
Speaker 1: What she say. To that compliment, she.
Speaker 7: Said, well, maybe we should end the dates differently, a bit of a kiss. Let's whisper our credit scores in each other.
Speaker 2: This is funny, that was okay, wait, that was a joke.
Speaker 1: Joke, I think it them.
Speaker 7: I have never owed anybody anything in My credit score has been my point of pride since the day I got my first credit card.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you didn't even need to go back to her place. This was as much action as yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: If I smoked, I would have had to light up a cigarette after that kind of.
Speaker 6: All right, So did you actually do that and whisper each other's credit scores into your ears?
Speaker 7: I did? And you know what, Mine was a few points ahead of her. Hers was still well above the mean score.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, wow, And so what happened since that hot credit score conversation when you left the date?
Speaker 7: There in lies the problem. I thought for sure we'd have another date, and she is not texting me back. I think I've texted twice and called the one.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, wait, wait did you double check your text? Do you have any misspellings.
Speaker 6: Or or is it possible that she saw you on the FBI's Top ten watch list.
Speaker 7: There was not a single A lot lumped together as one word.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, good grammar, grammatic space, okay, some way avoiding the question, no, I don't think that was a joke.
Speaker 1: I think yeah, you don't want to put that A next to that lot.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, we we have a lot to go off of.
Speaker 6: Thank you for that, Corey, and when we come back, we will attempt to do our very best to not disappoint you grammatically when we call what was her name, I've already forgotten Jana. We will call beautiful, big brained Janey when we reach out and ask her to go out with you one more time.
Speaker 4: Right after this.
Speaker 5: Broken Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 6: You meet a lot of characters when doing this segment, and in the past we've had people like Matt Man Yeah, Rufer yeah yeah, and now semi colon Corey Yeah, that's right, who went on a date with a woman named Janey that tickled him grammatically and cognitively. He had quite a lot to say about it. Almost forty percent of it we understood. But what was very clear is he was extremely turned on intellectually by Janey.
Speaker 1: It is awesome. We don't hear that enough. And we all liked that, and.
Speaker 6: He's been very disappointed that she's not texting him back. I'm assuming the restraining order is kicked in, but we don't know that for sure, just tossing it out as a possibility either. Then if that's the case, well have you visited her at her work unannounced yet?
Speaker 4: Court?
Speaker 1: We're not encouraging that.
Speaker 7: I'm just asking, Yeah, if I knew what department she worked and then would have given some thought to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get that it's a joke.
Speaker 2: She's an intellectual. Maybe she doesn't like the texting. Maybe she wanted a handwritten letter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like those romance novels where like the princess high in her tower doesn't want a prince, she wants.
Speaker 4: The stable boy. You know, there's someone that's on a much lower.
Speaker 1: Level in different I only understood thirty percent of what you just said.
Speaker 4: There was a lot of rubbin going.
Speaker 6: Listen, we're losing brain cells by the second here, so we have to dial her number as soon as possible. Corey, are you good with that? Or sorry, Corey, are you okay with that? I don't want to disappoint you grammatically.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, are you I know?
Speaker 7: That was bad? Yes, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 4: Thank you, am, that was Let's just do it. I'm gonna dial Jeanet's number right now. Hello, Hey, is this Janey?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm betting she has no idea who we are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's just give it a try, though, Janey. Have you ever heard of a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: What, Yeah, that's a no.
Speaker 4: Brook called it. Yeah, no clue, and that's totally fine.
Speaker 6: But we're a show and we do this thing called the second Date Update.
Speaker 1: You need to pause for record.
Speaker 6: I'm just yeah, we're just gonna cut right to it, so listen. We try to help out listeners who have gone out on a date with somebody and afterwards they're not getting a call back. So we heard that not too long ago, you went out with a guy named Corey.
Speaker 8: Wow, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'd probably be really hard to forget Corey. I would guess you.
Speaker 4: Made quite an impression on us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just I mean, well, did he tell you how it went?
Speaker 1: He told us so much.
Speaker 6: We got the gist that he very much enjoyed being in your company, dude.
Speaker 1: And was incredibly impressed with who you are as a human.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a lot of like intellectual flirting going on between the two of you.
Speaker 1: I was the date.
Speaker 8: I mean, it was fine. We definitely connected. But when it comes down to it, I've got to look at the bottom line. And I didn't tell him this, but he's in business management and he has a side job where he does graphic designs.
Speaker 1: Intellectuals jobs.
Speaker 4: But the fact that you can juggle.
Speaker 8: To sure, but let's think about the follow through. I've done my research and I can tell you that AI is going to make his jobs obsolete in about two years.
Speaker 6: Ahead.
Speaker 1: Depressing.
Speaker 8: Yes, of course, why would I date without planning ahead. What's the point of acquisition if not.
Speaker 4: An acquisition the idea of dating. It's not a bad thing to.
Speaker 1: Face you, guys. Everyone needs to take a deep bracket, Janey, Like, you don't know how, you don't know how. Every industry is going to be affected.
Speaker 2: I mean, we just talked about a story recently where there was some AI slop instead of graphic design, and it made the business turn more into human designers because it was so bad.
Speaker 4: She's calling your research BS.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm not basing this on astrology or vibes. This is just logical thought here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're not getting a chance to pivot, like move with the changes, I mean, be flexible.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: If he's not aware of this impending disaster about to unfold for him, then that's alarming when it comes to his intelligence.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Okay, well listen.
Speaker 6: If he wasn't aware before, he definitely is aware now. Because we need to let you know, Janey, that Corey's been on the other line of this phone called listening, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 8: He wouldn't do that to me. That's so awful.
Speaker 1: But think of it, Jeanne.
Speaker 2: You think it's news he needs to hear, So it's not bad that you told him.
Speaker 4: Aw, he's heard it, Corey. Are you there?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I'm sorry you had to hear that, Corey. This is very awkward.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I don't know if I'm more offended by what a crass human being she's turned out to be, or as she is on on all counts.
Speaker 4: Wow, what makes her crass?
Speaker 1: Corey? Why is she crass?
Speaker 7: I mean, most people don't just flat out tell you that you're going to lose your job in two years, so you're not even worth it investing in now, despite any emotional connection we might have or anything. I mean, that is just so.
Speaker 4: Just so cold and AI like.
Speaker 1: She didn't know you were on the phone, Corey.
Speaker 8: Remember that, And may I just say, now that you know we're both listening, crass is quite a level of insult for one syllable, And I'd like to raise the stakes and say, you're being rather immature about this.
Speaker 7: Immature, But respectfully, the word immature is rather pedestrian and overused.
Speaker 8: I thought maybe I should say, amplify my point here, but listen to yourself. Listen to what you're saying. I need to tell you you're going to get laid off.
Speaker 7: Oh and if that happens, I'll shrug my shoulders. I bought bitcoin twenty years ago and I haven't stole it.
Speaker 4: Oh he's holding a big coin.
Speaker 7: I work because I love working.
Speaker 2: Anyone who braggs another bitcoin makes me believe that it's not actually true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's just such a weird thing to mention right now.
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 8: I mean, having the intelligence to buy it twenty years ago is one thing, but let me tell you, it's crazy to depend on such an unstable market.
Speaker 7: True bitcoin as of this morning trade, that's sixty six thousand dollars a coin. I started buying them when they were less than twenty a coin.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're not wow bigcoin like that. Yeah, I am bored.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's obviously not interested in you because of your money. Corey, that was the whole point, Like there was like something deeper there and you're missing that with her.
Speaker 8: Right yeah? I mean, and when it comes to money, I've got a few different versions.
Speaker 7: Of monopoly at home.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: Well, then I must be a magician because I can pull this trick where I put sell and then withdraw funds and real money appears in my account. Okay do you like magicians? Do they turn you on?
Speaker 4: Because I get my am one.
Speaker 1: We do not need to bring magicians into this, that's right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, listen, I'm just gonna call it like I see it. And your defensiveness is a clear indicator of your insecurity.
Speaker 7: Boy, that that wounds coming from someone who reads crystals for a living, a grown up, you genuine who believes she can predict the future.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait today, do you own a gem shop or something? Is that? What's happening here.
Speaker 8: I'm a gemologist. Oh, there's a lot of big transactions that go down behind the scenes of a crystal shop. World.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be really a fact.
Speaker 1: I was to this crystal shop in Palm Springs. It was so great. Oh wow, you guys should follow this guy on Instagram. Okay, incredible.
Speaker 6: So apparently we're not talking about bitcoin, but we are willing to delve into crystals much deeper. There's a lot of insults and projections being thrown out there, but I want to just bring us back to like the emotional connection that I thought you two had on your date.
Speaker 4: It sounds like quartz.
Speaker 1: I think that's a healing.
Speaker 6: In the crystal store. Let's just get to offering. We would like to send the two of you out on another date, and if you're willing to do that, we would.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, I don't think so J's lay lines and mine don't quite correspond.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you guys hippies?
Speaker 4: Are you smart?
Speaker 1: You can be both?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: Well, Corey, you've you've recinded your invitation to Janey. So J, I'm sorry you lost your chance with Corey.
Speaker 8: That's perfectly fine, And I was not interested anymore.
Speaker 1: You know what, this is one time. I'm glad you guys aren't going out again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am curious.
Speaker 6: So JA, do you have any ai predictions about what's going to happen in the radio industry, because we could really use that information.
Speaker 8: You know, I have to get going.
Speaker 7: It turns outsurgence, all right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you'll be fine, most likely, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: A quote.
Speaker 5: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: That's amazing that we started off that segment with so much hope that.
Speaker 1: We were going to match him with the one me.
Speaker 4: Too, and then somehow ended with so much disaster.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yes, I mean the only regret that I have is, Man, if they both would have said yes to a second date and things went well, just think about how ugly that divorce could have been.
Speaker 4: I would have made headlines.
Speaker 1: That's a dark thought.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but entertaining Crystal shop owner versus Semi Cole and Corey trading blows back and forth.
Speaker 4: It would she get half of his bitcoin? Definitely she would have come away with the full thing.
Speaker 1: I don't think she wants any of his bitcoin.
Speaker 6: I'm just sad that we couldn't contribute even more entertainment to society with the separation of the century.
Speaker 1: I just I really don't need them anymore, not enough. I had my dose and I'm good.
Speaker 6: It's true. But you know, at least we got to hear a snippet of it here for free, and you can hear more of it up on our podcast.
Speaker 4: You know where to go? Oh you don't. You disgust me.
Speaker 1: You're never allowed to talk to that guy, Corey.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go broke.
Speaker 2: Go find Brook and Jeffrey on Spotify or YouTube or anywhere you get your podcast.
Speaker 4: Despicable Human Being.
Speaker 5: God