Speaker 1: Started. It must be because your face is on your phone. What's up Andy?
Speaker 2: Much? Scott? Okay are you okay? Some boys watch sports, some boys play sports too. Don pay no way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, special special KA. Welcome to episode fifty two of Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: That doesn't even say what the.
Speaker 1: The special K episode. Okay, this episode is all special K. That's why I played that.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right?
Speaker 1: Is that okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not mad?
Speaker 1: Is that o? Kay? Yeah? What K stands for? Right? Kellogg's John Harvey Kellogg who started his sanitarium back in the late eighteen hundreds. Okay, what allright?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: It was like it was like it was like a spa. It was like a health and wellness spa that he started, and he had some very famous clients when right into this, Wow, President Taft went there, did you know that? No, this was like a screwball kind of place, and he was a bit out of his mind Taft, No, Kellogg. So he had all these like remedies and things, and he was a kook. Yeah I think that's what I think.
Speaker 2: Okay, back in the.
Speaker 1: Eighteen hundreds that people did all these like oh, you know, if you if you roll around and corn it'll cure your herpies, you know whatever. They had all.
Speaker 2: Starting aluminum, We'll make you stronger exactly.
Speaker 1: So they had all these things and people just believed it because people said it. Yeah, so there was no internet.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it must have been a great time.
Speaker 1: Right. So anyway, back in uh like eighteen ninety something, he created corn flakes. That was his cereal. That was his first creation. Eighteen ninety something or other. It was corn flakes, and that was like a wellness thing for people that went there. They ate these corn flakes and it was like, oh, the magical healing powers of corn flakes and.
Speaker 2: Wow, what it just It's almost like going to like a rehab or a medspa now and then putting a bowl of cereal in front of you and being like, if you eat this, you'll gain immunity to any disease.
Speaker 1: That's pretty much how it was. And then his brother, sorry I wrote it down because I couldn't remember his brother's name. His brother William. Yeah, his brother William wanted to put sugar on the corn flakes, and John's like, nope, nope, not healthy. And he was like ousted from the family all.
Speaker 2: Over putting trying to put sugar on corn flake.
Speaker 1: So William was like, you know what, up yours bro, And they had a big fight, and William started the Toasted corn Flake Company, which later turned into the Kellogg Company. And so the original brother John was like, wait a minute, but that's my name, and William's like, it's my name, you can't use it. So he trademarked it, and the original Kellag couldn't use the Kellogg name for his crappy corn flakes. And then it all just kind of you know, they had big fight and they died, and now it's the Kellogg Company.
Speaker 2: Well I feel like book report wise.
Speaker 1: Not so good.
Speaker 2: It just kind of ended.
Speaker 1: Oh you know who else was a client? He'll see w post. So he stole all Kellogg's ideas and went and started his own post company and made grape nuts back in the eighteen nineties as well. That they've been around that long.
Speaker 2: Grape nuts.
Speaker 1: Yes, grape nuts was the first post cereal. Did you know that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Well now you do.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, what a moment. I had a question.
Speaker 1: What's the question.
Speaker 2: What happened to the sanitarium?
Speaker 1: It burnt down? It did? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say that is like a big detail you just decided to skip over.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened to just it's a hotel. Now.
Speaker 2: Well, for the sake of this story, we'll say it burned down and was rebuilt as a hotel.
Speaker 1: Sure in Battle Creek, Michigan. Great, how's that?
Speaker 2: Love it?
Speaker 1: You like it finally? Because I cheated?
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't even cheating. It's just you stopped trying towards the olthous.
Speaker 1: You never had anything else? Cornflakes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you literally like book reported it like a reporting to the class.
Speaker 1: Battle Creek Toasted corn Flake Company. Okay, cornflakes, Yeah, I got it all. Okay. That was the whole story of mister Kellogg and his brother and the whole There was a bunch of other Kellogg's siblings who all went into the cereal business, and then they all hated each other and broke up.
Speaker 2: I would love to meet a Kellogg's sibling.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that this gotta be Kelloggs around somewhere.
Speaker 2: I'm apoloture with the Kellogg dynasty.
Speaker 1: We still really need to visit the Kellogg store in Times Square.
Speaker 2: I'm in I just passed it the other day and I wanted to go in.
Speaker 1: You passed it, but you didn't go in. No, you were one half of the Serial Killers podcast. You didn't visit this the Kellogg Store.
Speaker 2: You're a whole world, bro. I'm not going without you.
Speaker 1: You know, one of these, we're gonna do it, and I'm gonna bring a little microphone over record.
Speaker 2: And then when we got kicked out because we're too weird, I was.
Speaker 1: Being like, this is this special serial edition because I touched Tony the.
Speaker 2: Tigers, But oh god, what, oh god? You would all right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go down and grab the first special k Yeah on.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're really getting h.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take the one that I'm only doing this for the show because I don't like pea cans or peacans. Cinnamon and pecan. Oh, I love that if you're from the South, cinnamon and peacan. If you're up north, can we review this film with Southern accents? No? This one has been around since the mid to aughts? Is that what you call it? Like two thousand and five or six or so? Is that what you call it? Yeah, Scotty, shake on these because it looks like there's some chunks of pecan in there. And I just I'm not a fan. I don't like pecans. I love good pecann anytime I get a nut mix, I always push those aside.
Speaker 2: No, they're my favorite. I love them. I love Pacampa.
Speaker 1: Oh there's a very nice strong it smells very cinemony. I like that. It's in a country store.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you handed over. Not like a cracker barrel though, right.
Speaker 1: No, not a cracker Actually, there are big nuts in here.
Speaker 2: What can I just say? Cracker Barrel was one of the most disappointing experiences I've ever had.
Speaker 1: What are you human?
Speaker 2: I've been there a couple of times now, and each time I'm just let down. Well, I'm not as let down as I was. I had Little Caesars for the first time. That was a letdown. Pizza pizza the biggest leutdown I've ever had.
Speaker 1: See. You know, I'm a fan of crap pizza. I like Little Caesars, I like Pizza Hut, like Domino's.
Speaker 2: Same. But the problem is Little Caesars is legitimately it's frozen pizza.
Speaker 1: Well, they all are, well, no, I think some of them make them dough, and I have Dominoes. I think as actual dough.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you what's weird about it? You know how normally like you'll eat a cereal, right, or you'll eat pizza.
Speaker 1: Wait, this is not the Brooklyn Boys podcast. Just so you know you're listening to Cereal Killers. Go ahead with Andrew and Scotti, Scotty and Andrew Andrew Scotty Scotty and Andrew Scotty.
Speaker 2: I go, you know how normal pizza sauce gives you like acid refu Sure you never have that? No, we'll consider yourself lucky. Yeah, can we eat the sauce? Did not give me any of that?
Speaker 1: Okay, which goes to show you it's not really all sugar that stuff. Right here we go. But what I don't even like the kans And it's not bad.
Speaker 2: It's not that it's not bad. It just feels like there's like a pecan fairy and they just like dusted it.
Speaker 1: This is Cinnamonta's crunch and flake form. Yeah, no, I'm telling you it is. Yeah, we'll take it.
Speaker 2: The pecans are too big.
Speaker 1: They do need to break them up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would enjoy this more if I wasn't assaulted by the in the Cereal like.
Speaker 1: That morning Summit Cereal.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: In the last episode, there were full nuts. They weren't broken up at all.
Speaker 2: It was a challenge to eat.
Speaker 1: I loved it, I really did. I wish it would be more mass produced. They don't see it. I don't see it too many places. Yeah, our camp, who next tree bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you. I love pecans. I love cinnamon.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think you could say pecans. It's either pecans or pecans. It's not pecans. That's not an option. Hello, Because we are living in a cereal.
Speaker 2: Ball so as I was saying, because the nut is too large for the cereal, I'm sorry, the nut is too large for the cereal?
Speaker 1: You mean like when my left nut hits the water at JFK's terminal five. Oh no, oh the pecan?
Speaker 2: So can I continue with my reading? Okay, I'm gonna give us two balls.
Speaker 1: All right. I'm not gonna argue with you like it.
Speaker 2: I really do. It's just the nuts are too big and they need to break them up, and that will bring my rating of the cereal up.
Speaker 1: All right? Stop looking what's in my hand?
Speaker 2: It's a purple box.
Speaker 1: It is purple?
Speaker 2: Is it grape?
Speaker 1: Again. The only grape cereal that ever existed was in the seventies was General Millster grape Fellow. He flew an airplane, Sir grape Fellow. Yes, I wish I knew what it tasted like.
Speaker 2: I mean, go to the cereal graveyard.
Speaker 1: You can't request a cereal graveyard in the middle of the show because I'm not prepared.
Speaker 2: You know what, you are not spontaneous.
Speaker 1: All right, you know what, next episode, we will visit the cereal graveyard and we will have a visit with Sir Grapefellow.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: He crashed his plane right into the ground and they just left him there. Alrightp cool, all right. So this also has been around maybe fifteen years or so. It's special case fruit and yogurt. Cool real oat clusters. I mean it shows a strawberry, a BlackBerry, and a raspberry.
Speaker 2: I think I'm allergic to the pecans.
Speaker 1: You're allergic to everything.
Speaker 2: Umm, my throats starting to get a little itchy.
Speaker 1: You have a curl like Clark Kent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's what happens when they cut my hair. I know what's really funny. What after I get my hair cut, I can do this. I can go full nineties four band member.
Speaker 1: I love that you should gell it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah that Roman.
Speaker 1: Naturally flavored with other natural flavors. I never know what that means. Crunchy wheat and rice flakes with oaten, fruit clusters, and yogurt coated clusters. I love yogurt and cereal. They're bringing on the yogurt bites I enjoy, not.
Speaker 2: The lemon clusters. No, that's just I didn't mind it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when a cereal has expired, it just doesn't taste good. Well, that's your fault, it is. I've been hoarding that one for quite a while, just waiting for the right time to bring it out. We've been doing a lot of special case cereals lately. Yeah, I mean there's well, well not currently, but there's been well over like twenty five varieties over the years. There's the probiotic ones that they have, there's the some other kind which I think I'm gonna grab next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, so I'm in bring it on.
Speaker 1: The probiotic one with the peach and raspberry. Was that the one that made Greg almost die? That's the one that has the really cool yogurt pieces. I like those, the yogurt pieces.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe this will have similar ones.
Speaker 1: No, these are yogurt clusters. Oh okay, they were like the pieces in the Chocolate Delight. It was from the same machine. All right, Well, I like the smell spells like ice cream. What you just they're so excited about cereal? You like to make fun of me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who doesn't.
Speaker 1: I enjoy Cereal. I know so many people have said that they listen to this and they don't even eat cereal because they just love our banter. Well that's nice, and they love my cereal expertise. I don't know what people like about me. Well, nothing, You're just here.
Speaker 2: Yeah huh. I mean that's how I've existed for the past twenty eight years. So let's keep on keeping on.
Speaker 1: It's working for you, all right. Little one percent milk from Cumberland Farms. Got it at the gas station.
Speaker 2: Do you know? This weekend I said to my family, you know what I hate more than anything when people say they just want to splash of milk. And they were like, well, what are you supposed to say? Why do you hate that? Because it's the dumbest thing I know.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things that drives you crazy if you go on the Starbucks app. Splash is an option, you know that, right, It's.
Speaker 2: A leap the app.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, I'm moving. Did you get a cluster?
Speaker 2: M hmm?
Speaker 1: Okay you ready? If it is strawberry Quick, yes, or fruity pebbles, no, because this is real strawberry. This is strawberry Quick. Taste it again. I like it? Right?
Speaker 2: Four ball?
Speaker 1: I bet the milk will ultimately taste like strawberry Quick. It's a little bit sweet, but not bad. I mean for a special k, it's a little sweet. I'm I think that's the strawberries. I'm going to go four balls too. I like it. I mean four balls as well. Oh, my dad always used to yell at me because you don't say four balls too.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about it four.
Speaker 1: Balls as well?
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 1: You also used to stab me in the hand with a fork when I held the fork wrong.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: I remember these things?
Speaker 2: Are there marks on your hands?
Speaker 1: No? But that's why I have to be really careful what I do with my kids, because you remember traumatic stuff.
Speaker 2: So meat loaf experience. It was second grade. I threw up from meat loaf. Haven't had it since.
Speaker 1: Oh, I had it yesterday and I sent you a picture right.
Speaker 2: Now Boston Market.
Speaker 1: They changed it. Though. We should do a meat loaf podcast. So many different kinds of meat loafs out.
Speaker 2: There, and I would not want to have any of it.
Speaker 1: They should make a meat loaf cereal.
Speaker 2: Wait, do you know my friend he cooked a dinner for his wife and she got home after a day of work and was like, oh my god, this meat loaf smells so good. You know that man cooked it with Sardines' disgusting. He made a sardine meat loaf.
Speaker 1: Sardines aren't meat their fish.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, it was anchovies. Not to make it worse. Yes, she said it was a very big lt town.
Speaker 1: Well, my wife, Amy makes a delicious turkey meat loaf.
Speaker 2: How do you do all to catch up?
Speaker 1: Yes, and she thinks it's disgusting, but I love it, so she just makes it for me on my birthday. I get to have it once a year. All right, back to the cereal bag.
Speaker 2: Oh, because you don't want to call it sack.
Speaker 1: You know. I listened back to a bunch of episodes, and I sound like an idiot going down to the cereal sack.
Speaker 2: Well, what if the listeners like like it.
Speaker 1: You think that's a thing.
Speaker 2: Maybe make it a poll on Twitter.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll do that. By the way, we still have not reviewed any cereals that people have sent us pictures of, because they're sending us pictures of cereals we've already done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So still, if you find a cereal that we have not reviewed yet, send us a picture, and if we review that cereal, we'll send you a T shirt. Love it cool? Oh hey, David Brody, Hi, back to.
Speaker 3: Back episodes for David Brody ho the Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Boys podcast, and know we cut you out of the other one.
Speaker 3: You took me out.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding, that's all right.
Speaker 3: As I was saying calls to the Brooklyn Boys and Walkers and talkers on the High Radio, your spoon Man parody will be ready by the next episode of Serial Killer's podcast.
Speaker 1: I was going to surprise Andrew with that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I already told him. I already told him. Oh okay, yeah, but he doesn't know any lyrics.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good stuff. So episode fifty three will feature spoon Man by David Brody.
Speaker 3: And there's one lyric that was personally requested by Scotty because it would make Andrew happy.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, I don't even remember, but I can't wait.
Speaker 3: What you said was make sure you put Babba bacause Androl get pissy if you don't put it in.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Cinnamon cereal did you mention it?
Speaker 1: No, corn pops, it doesn't exist. There is no cinnabon.
Speaker 2: Can I ask, is spoon Man going to be set to the theme of human I'm only spoon Man after all.
Speaker 1: Don't put the blame on me. No, it's going to be spoon Man.
Speaker 2: What is spoon Man.
Speaker 1: Played it for you in an episode like ten episodes ago. You're like, oh, cuck Cuckoo? Is that like pearl Jam? And I was like, no, it's not pearl Jam. It's Soundgarden, like sitting at home listening to nineties Grede. You don't remember the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It's vaguely coming back to me. I do remember. There was one other one that you mentioned too that I laughed about. It was the people that's saying.
Speaker 1: Peaches yeah, President of the United States of America, And they had the other song.
Speaker 2: Lump lives Alone in a buggy marsh.
Speaker 1: Yes, Lump Lump Yeah, scary nose. Lump, what lump?
Speaker 2: She's lump.
Speaker 1: She's lomp, she's lump. She's in my head. Yeah nothing, look at him? About peaches or kitty? We talked, Oh that's kitty. Kit's right. Kitty was the obscure one, but we played it for a little while.
Speaker 2: Here's a more important kitty in my room, and I want to touch it. No, no, no, here's a more important question. Can either of you convert a word document to a PDF?
Speaker 1: No? I can't. There it is millennial. I can't.
Speaker 2: Yep. There you go. Well, I set the difference in age. You know, lump. I know how to convert more.
Speaker 1: Special k protein. This is the protein series for strength, honey, almond. Ancient grains, So they're really old grains in here. They're very old, they're ancient.
Speaker 2: What makes it ancient?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know what they should regulate that term.
Speaker 1: I see ancient grains. I don't know what. Here ancient grains blend made with burgundy, sorghum and black rice for a wholesome start to your morning. But I don't know what makes them ancient. Maybe they just were discovered a long time ago.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid.
Speaker 1: Let Scotty shake it.
Speaker 2: The ancient grains. Oh god, did you see that? Yeah? Both filled jello.
Speaker 1: I got eight hundred points for buying this with my Kellogg's Family Rewards. That's how I got those Tony the Tiger under where you saw yesterday. I didn't ask when I bent over and Tony's face popped out.
Speaker 2: And you, yeah, you say, hey, Handy, look what I have, and you literally bent over in front of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were classic Tony the Tiger underwear. So all you have to do is go to Kellogg'sfamilyrewards dot com start saving points, and you too can get my underwear.
Speaker 2: But guess what, this is not an ad because we are not paid for this podcast.
Speaker 1: I just think it's cool that Kelloggs you can get points just for buying stuff and get coupons and free stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree, right, Oh my god, No, you're the worst, like the actual worst and the bulls crash.
Speaker 1: Lend me mud, send us more balls? All right? Here? Andy? These flakes, I mean yeah, I could definitely see the black rice. They're dark, these flakes.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else in here besides nuts?
Speaker 1: I think there's an almond or two and some honey cool. Well, almonds are nuts? A right? Here we go?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: Good? Texture is weird?
Speaker 2: Looks like I'm eating a tortilla chip with milk.
Speaker 1: It tastes a cake. No the aftertaste, Oh yeah, I just got it.
Speaker 2: It's a tortilla chip.
Speaker 1: I just got the aftertaste. This gets two bowls, those ancient grains.
Speaker 2: Actually a bowl and a spoon. It's not the worst cereal I've ever had, but it's certainly not good.
Speaker 1: That's a chunk two balls. If it had a strawberry mascot, I might bump it up. But get cis you.
Speaker 2: Know, see if they can lend us a strawberry mascot. Can I try one? Plane?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel like maybe plain I'll enjoy it more.
Speaker 1: They're good plane because that sweetness is not washed off of them.
Speaker 2: The ancient grain really unlocks its full potential.
Speaker 1: It's designed to fuel you with magnesium, calcium, and vitamin D.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make a cereal and just pump it full of I think, what was it? Gonna pump it full of potassium because most people are potassium deficient and don't realize it.
Speaker 1: Since you come out with a new banana cereal as a full of potassium.
Speaker 2: Done, and then when I do that, and I'm gonna market it as having ancient grains and potassium to unlock your inner brain power.
Speaker 1: Do you know that they're a banana cereal somewhere?
Speaker 2: I would love banana cha.
Speaker 1: I think it's on the very tail end of its limited edition. I'm gonna see if I can find some lease. But it's on the current list of cheerio varieties. Yeah, haven't seen it in the store. Amazing, So I'll have to see if I can find that. Maybe we can get that before it is gone for good. We'll love that. So thank you for listening to Serial Killers. This has been episode fifty freakin' three.
Speaker 2: Wow, especially fifty two, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Twenty three is the one where spoon Man's coming out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh that's right.
Speaker 2: Not set to the tune of human that's right.
Speaker 1: These ancient grains are fogging my mind fifty two. Thank you for listening your full big brain potential right. Please follow us on all possible social media sites at serial Killers PC, Yes with the Sea.
Speaker 2: Yes, and make sure you hit the like and subscribe button if you subscribe to us the new episodes. Just hate your phone. The minute that they drop and leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcast, because we really love reading your reviews.
Speaker 1: Can I please read the review that I read to you the other day that somebody posted. I love them, And you know what, if you leave us a review, we'll read it on the show here. So Sweet Potato four says I'm in love with this podcast and the banter as someone who doesn't even eat series, y'all, I love living vicariously through these two trying them all. Five bowls for great listening in the car content. Yeah, I like that, you know, hold on, let me give it five stars. All right, thanks for listening. Until we see you on Monday. This is Friday. Today's Friday, right.
Speaker 2: Damn it, No, it's Monday. It's Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, today's Monday.
Speaker 2: I hate the start of a work seriously, great.
Speaker 1: Weekend, you know, back to work, everybody, Oh that old grind. Until we see you on Friday. Thanks for listening to Serial Killers and Crunch Crunch.
Speaker 2: The ancient grains are stuck in my throat.
Speaker 1: They'll be there till you die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how they make ancient grains. That's me