Speaker 1: The Volume. All right, welcome to Hoops tonight here at the Volume. Happy Friday, everybody, hopeful of you guys are having a great end to your week. We are starting our top twenty five player rankings finally today. Hopefully you guys enjoyed our episode on Wednesday where we went over the rules and like how the list works, as well as our seven honorable mention players that we went over in that video. Today we're hitting twenty five, twenty four, and twenty three. You guys are the Joe Porgy started. Subscribe to Hoops and Out YouTube channels you don't miss any more of our videos. We need about sixty five hundred more subs to get to our one hundred and fifty thousand goal, So you guys can help us a lot by scrolling down and hit that subscribe button. If you already subscribed like this video, sign up for post notifications. That helps us a lot. And the last, but not least, before we get started, we are going to be doing starting a week from today, Starting next Fridy, we're going to be doing mail bags on Fridays that cover the list. So if you disagree with the ranking a player that you think is too high, too low, A specific two players that you think should be swapped. Whatever it is, drop him in the mail bag, mail bag Colon in the comments underneath these videos. Mail Bag Colin, write your comment about the player and we'll get to them in our player rankings mail bags starting next Friday. All right, without any further ado, let's talk some basketball. Number twenty five Cooper Flag impressive Rookie of the Year campaign. Twenty one points, seven rebounds, and five assists per game, fifty five percent true shooting, two point one stocks per game. Some huge games too, three forty five plus point games, six thirty five plus point games, eleven double doubles. He had a thirteen game stretch late in the year where averaged twenty six points, seven rebounds, and six assists with two point seven stocks per game. Got to the foul and a ton in that stretch. Seven free throw attempts per game is downhill attack earned him quite a few trips to the free line. The shooting his jump shot not good, zero point eight three points per shot, broken down by distance when he was inside of seventeen feet forty three percent, twos outside of seventeen feet thirty three percent. Threes just under thirty percent, like twenty nine and a half break down by type twenty eight percent off. The catch really struggled when he was unguarded, just under twenty seven percent on catch and shoot threes when he was open and on film. One of the big things that stood out to me when I was prepping for this, he really slows down his.
Speaker 2: Release on catch and shoot threes.
Speaker 1: Like if you watch the difference between when Coop takes a pull up pull up threes or pull up twos, he really takes off and gets a bunch of lift. I'm talking like you'll see you freeze frame in He's got his legs extended in there, like two two and a half feet off the ground, Like he jumps on his pull up jump shots, then on his catch and shoot threes, he like really slows himself down. He barely jumps, and it's almost like he's taking a set shot. And one of the things you'll notice is he leaves a lot of those catch and shoot threes short off the front of the rim because of that kind of difference in his lift. Now, what ends up happening when you do that when you jump really high on one and then like set shot on the other. You know, between catch and shoot and off the off the dribble jump shots, you end up having problems with both because there's no consistency between the two. Like I've talked about this before, like when you're taking a catch and shoot three or you're taking a step back three. If I take the step back three video, and let's say you know, you do an in and out to a crossover hard step to your left, you plant that left foot way out to catch your momentum, and then you rise in fire. If I pause right there on, when your feet gets set and I play the video, it should look exactly like your catch and shoot jump shot, with exception of Like obviously, there are certain situations like post fades, you know, mid range fades where like you know you're snaking a pick and roll in your taken off at the elbow and landing damn near at the other elbow. Yeah, there are certain types of shots, especially in the mid range where you're like drifting, but specifically threes. I don't care if you're taking it against the drop coverage just like off a hesitation dribble, or you're taking it off of a side step step back, whatever it might be. If you're taking it off of the catch, if you're taking it off the move off of the catch, if I freeze frame off of you, like right when your feet gets set and play the video, they should all look the same. That's your best chance to have consistency there. And again, I'm not trying to be overly critical of Coop here, like this is actually a super common trend among like young basketball players, aspiring shooters, players that are still learning how to shoot. But I think that's gonna be what kind of helps turn around things for Cooper with his jump shot is just getting some consistency in the amount of lift that he uses on both his off the catch shots as well as his off the dribble shots. He was thirty eight percent on pull up twos broke down, like we talked about earlier, is better when he was inside of seventeen feet on pull up threes. Now the jump shot is a real swing skill for Cooper. We're going to talk more about specific play types in a few minutes, but one of the consistent things that really stood out to me when I was watching Cooper's film is that his size, the downhill force that he plays with, and then his vertical pop make it really easy for him to get good looks at pull of jump shots. Like there's a certain unguardability to being that big, that athletic, that aggressive towards the rim, but also having the ability to rise and fire from any spot on the floor. Cooper was getting good looks at jump shots, he just wasn't making them. Once he becomes an elite jump shooter, the sky's the limit, and he had some really strong indicators from his rookie season, like he was eighty three percent at the foul line, he was fifty two percent on over one hundred and fifty floaters like that shows that he has really good touch. So it's just about tying together all those details, thousands of reps to continue to refine the touch, some just slight changes to his form to get some more consistency between the different types of shots that he takes. He's going to have to pay the price at the gym over the next few summers, just thousands and thousands and thousands of reps.
Speaker 2: But if he does, he'll reap those rewards.
Speaker 1: And I think he's going to reach a level of unguardability with that pull up jump shot short range scoring. Like we mentioned, fifty two percent one hundred and fifty one attempts on floaters, had a little hook shot, didn't take a ton of them. Who's sixteen for twenty seven, that's fifty nine percent. Had some really impressive work in low volume in the post, which we'll talk about in a minute, and then at the rim fifty eight percent, which really is a respectable number for a rookie, a high volume in poor spacing. He also got there a ton six point seven attempts per game. That's really strong volume. As a matter of fact, he ranked twenty first. Cooper flag ranked twenty first in the entire NBA in the volume of attempts at the rim. He got to the rim more than Shako's Alexander. As a counter examples, really really impressive aggressiveness from Cooper driving the basketball. We'll talk about all the different ways here in a minute. Let's get into play times. Really effective in transition one point two two points per possession on over three hundred possessions, so three hundred and sixty six total transition points last year, which ranked twenty fourth in the entire NBA. Twenty fourth in the entire NBA, and transition points spot up possessions Cooper. You know, he didn't shoot well like twenty eight point six percent on spot up threes, but he showed real upside attacking closeouts last year and finishing in the short range on wonderful pull ups in at the rim, which really boosted his his spot up efficiency despite poor jump shooting. He's just really good at taking those closeouts, turning that like, you know, kind of like throwing that little pump fake and turning his shoulder, getting that leverage and just going screaming downhill. This is what's so impressive about that to shoot twenty eight point six percent on spot up threes, but because he made fifty seven twos driving closeouts and shot almost sixty percent on them, he actually converted spot ups at zero point ninety nine points per possessions is below average, but only barely like just barely below average, and better than you'd think considering he couldn't make catch and shoot threes like he was a legitimate threat in spot up situations because of his drives. And another thing where if he figures out that catch and shoot piece, he can become even more devastating attacking in off ball situations when he gets to catch on the perimeter against a closeout pick and roll.
Speaker 2: Now this I.
Speaker 1: Actually thought this was one of the more impressive parts of Coop's game. Last year he ran seven hundred and seventeen pick and roll. It's pretty high volume. Got zero point nine to three points per possession including passes forty fourth percentile, so just below average. But on film you can really see the vision of him eventually becoming a very efficient, very talented pick and roll player. First of all, it gives him his best ability to get downhill as an initiator in the half court. Like we'll talk more about ISO in a minute, but Io was one of the uglier parts for me when I was watching Coop's film because his first step quickness is not like a strength of his right, Like, he's not dusting good defenders off the dribble unless they're closing out at him, you know, in some sort of advantage situation. But the ball screen pretty naturally gets the defender into trail position as he's chasing you over the top of the screen, right, And he's really talented when he gets into those circumstances. He can start and stop his speed, you know, like you know, is patient with his attacks, doesn't rush into the lane, puts the defender in jail. He's big and strong enough to kind of pin the defender on his backside. He has really good footwork, man Like.
Speaker 2: There were there were some plays.
Speaker 1: There was one I can't even remember which team he was playing against, where he kind of gets over the top of the screen, has the defender and trail position, stops and puts him in jail for a second, drives down the left lane line, engages the big. The big steps over and he just like pivots into a spin move through the second defender who's trying to trap him from behind, and then goes all the way to the right side of the basket and finishes with the layup. And I'm like, man like the way that he could cause. Again, like, athleticism is one thing, but footwork is the tool that allows you to use your athleticism. Footwork is what gets you from point A to point B right Like, think of it more like natural talent versus technique. Athleticism is a natural talent. Footwork is a technique. You can have great athleticism but not have a usefulness on the basketball court if you don't know how to move from one spot to the other. Cooper has excellent footwork on all of his counters, spin move step throughs, euro steps, all that kind of stuff. He just has excellent footwork on his drives. And then he has the short range scoring piece. This is huge, the huge upside for him in the short term. Right, like I talk about his jump shot, his jump shot is gonna come around eventually, but like right away, he can stop short of the rim and make these floaters and make them at a pretty high clip, and so that makes him a very very good pick and role player already, with a lot of potential to improve as the jump shot continues to come around.
Speaker 2: Now, he's not the most high level.
Speaker 1: Playmaker you'll ever watch, Like he'll sometimes get into trouble on his drives and like leave his feet early to throw a reckless pass or force something to the roller that's not there. But he's always been very good at taking easy reads that show up in these actions. He showed he'd like through some really impressive skip passes to the opposite court out of double teams and you know ball screens where a low man comes over, not just in pick and roll but also in ISO's He had a couple ISO post ups where like he faced doubles and like dribbled away to get some space and then like through a beautiful crosscourt pass to the opposite corner that some Mavericks player would miss because no one on that team could shoot last year. But uh, like the the it's the easy reads where he excels. Like when there's like a guy getting left open as part of the coverage, he'll take advantage of it. Nail help simple swing pass, you know, like lob passes. If the big steps up in ball screen, he'll hit the occasional lob pass to like Musasise or you know Marvin Bagley before he left the team. But he'll he'll run inverted screens with guards too, and like he'll just throw a little pitch to you know Max Christy or Klay Thompson slipping out of the screen and like a guard guard screen. Like he makes all the simple reads. It gets him downhill where he's very good at changing pace and using advanced footwork to get to his spots. Has the short range scoring to kind of tie it off in the short term. Once again, the jumper will be the swing skill. If he can get the pull up three into the high thirties, the pull up two into the low fifties. I think the rim pressure, the short range scoring, the playmaking, I think he could all come together and he could become a really high level pick and.
Speaker 2: Roll player ISO.
Speaker 1: These were probably the ugliest reps I watched from him in my film study, out of any of the play types. The numbers are actually okay, zero point nine points per possession, which is like, you know, just a little bit below average, kind of like pick and roll for him. But it's more about the film here, Like when he's going against Smalls, he can just relatively easily overpower his way close to the basket for one of his floaters that he shoots pretty well. It did pretty well against Smalls, But anytime he runs into a player, he can't overpower like a bigger forward, He can kind of struggle to turn the corner in ISOs with his first step, and then it turns into a lot of contested mid range jump shots. Now once again, the upside there is if he can become a better jump shooter because he does have the ability to get the pull up off because of his height in the threat of his drive. So really again it's just the thing is is like he does have a foundational trait which is a size strength and athleticism when he's downhill. So pick and roll has a foundational trait for him because it kind of has a baked in angle for him by virtue of the screen. Right ISOs are tougher for him because he doesn't have access to his foundational trait as much, but he still has the ability to shoot over the top. So that's why the jump shot such a such a swing skill for him.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: Post ups, though, are another angle that don't are another kind of like situation that take the emphasis off of his first step quickness and put the emphasis on his size, which is a strength for him. The post ups look flat out awesome and are a really exciting part of his development and something that I think MAVs fans should be really excited about and that the MAVs coaching staff should be looking to explore more. One point one seven points per attempts on points per possession on fifty four reps including passes, that's in the seventy ninth percentile inefficiency. He personally shot sixty one percent on his own shot attempts out of the post.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 1: Again, the post up unlocks three of Cooper's best traits. His size is excellent footwork like we talked about, and he's short range scoring a lot of times, Like he'll just get into those spots and he will literally just rather than backing a dude down, he'll catch on the left block with the ball in his right hand and he'll just dribble into the lane and take a floater. But again, like he's already close to the basket, he doesn't need to turn the corner. He's just trying to like get a little bit of an angle to take a little floater right. But like he can pivot over either shoulder. He's got like a little short turnaround jump shots where he's more efficient there than he is when he's further away from the basket. There's a lot of upside for Cooper there out of the post that I want to see him continue to explore. And again he's got a nice little hook shot too that I think he could use even more. On defense, I thought it was a really solid first campaign showcase high level off ball defense as a secondary rim protector as well as jumping passing lanes. Had some really impressive blocks on rotations at the rim. He can, like even on some of these ISOs where he's defending, he can like get beat on the ground, but just recover and block that shit, just simply because of the athletic tools that he has. Statistically, he was a great on ball defender. He defended sixty two ISOs according to Synergy and allowed just sixteen made shots and just four additional shooting fouls. So, in other words, they scored on him just twenty times in sixty two tries in ISO this season. It's really impressive. The main guys he struggled with, if you look at the times he did give up baskets, mostly power players like Pallo went through his chest, you know, Jaylen Brown went through his chest, Kawhi Leonard went through his chest. Like those kinds of guys can power through him. As he's still a smaller version of himself. He'll put on muscle, but those are the only guys he's really struggling with there. But even then, like he can cause problems with his length there, Like he had one where Nazried was trying to bully him and he like pulled the chair and then met him on the other side of the basket and just blocked him off the glass or brandon Ingram tried to like bury him on a post up towards the short corner, and he just like overplayed the strong hand and used his length to like knock the ball away from him and get his steel. This is ultimately what put Cooper into the top twenty five for me. I just think he has an extremely high floor. He's a weapon in transition. He's a useful off ball player because he can slash closeouts. He's a really good post up player already. He's average and pick and roll right now, but he's showing a lot of upside there that I think he'll continue to figure out and their flaws that I think are fixable for him. And he's a good defensive player both on and off the ball. That's the floor and the upside is crazy. Like I think he's going to improve as a jump shooter. I think he's gonna have a really good year as a pick and roll player. His tools are outrageous. I think his post up volume is going to get increased. I think we can book Cooper for twenty three, seven and six this year with high level defense, and I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if he got up to twenty five points per game. A lot of that just depends on how healthy Kyrie Irving is and whether or not he gets traded and how much.
Speaker 2: Usage he gets.
Speaker 1: But like, if he gets the ball anywhere near as much as he got it last year, he's gonna get to twenty five points a game. I'm a huge believer in Cooper Flag. I think he's going to be several spots higher than twenty five when we redo these rankings a year from now. Today's show is brought to you by a presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bets Sports Book. Some sports fans call this slow period until football season, but on hard Rock Bet, we call it baseball season. In this summer, hard Rock Bet has the hottest betting odds in Florida, introducing ten cents summer sale, big juice fee, whatever you call it. We're cutting our cut on winners, spreads and over under pregame baseball bets, same bets, better odds. If you're ready to step into the batter's box, sign up with hard Rock Bet today and place a five dollars bet. If it wins, you get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets on top of your winnings. That's right, an extra one hundred and fifty dollars in your account and sure. Hard Rock Bet is Florida's only legal sports book. But if you don't, you don't have to be in Florida to join the party. Hard Rock Bet is also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan, with more states on the way. So grab your bat and swing for the fences all August long during hard Rock Bets ten cent Summer Sale. Download the hard Rock Bet app today and roll with us. Payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida in Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Valid for money lines spread and over under pregame markets with odds between minus two fifty and plus two to fifty only. Must be twenty one plus and physically president in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling. In Florida, call one eight three to three play wise.
Speaker 2: In Indiana.
Speaker 1: If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. In Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia, call one eight hundred my reset gambling problem, called one hundred gambler in Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New.
Speaker 2: Jersey, or Tennessee Number twenty four. Chet HomeGrid.
Speaker 1: An award filled third campaign for Chet, second Defensive Player of the Year voting. We should probably just call this the non Wemby Defensive Player of the Year because no one's taking that from Wemby for a while. But second in Defensive Player of the Year, his first All Star selection, third team All NBA, First Team All Defense. Hell of a season for Chet seventeen nine and two were his averages with two point five stocks per game, career high sixty five percent true shooting, and this was fueled by a nine percent increase in his efficiency at the rim. There was no increase in his free throw volume or three point efficiency volume, anything like that. It was all at the rim. Nine percent better at the rim this year than he was last year. It was mainly fueled by the offense, Like he was just fed so many more opportunities to finish cuts and rolls this year. As a matter of fact, Chet in the twenty twenty five campaign got just one point one to six makes per game on cuts and rolls. In this twenty twenty six campaign, he got one point eight four per game, So almost double the opportunity to finish cuts and rolls this season than he did last year. A product of the continuity and like all the reps that him and these guys have together, but also just the wonderful basketball fit between him and Isaiah and Stein. And again, like I just think about the play that eliminated the Lakers in the second round series with that, you know, at the end of this week, Blitz's shay on the ball screen, short roll past Isaiah Hartenstein, easy little drop off past to chat who gets the dunk. Like the tic tac toe sequences that Okasee got to take advantage of Chet as a vertical spacer were really dialed in this year. And he's just a really gifted vertical spacer. Super high standing reach, very quick off the ground, great hands, just made him really difficult to handle there shooting. He's kind of like plateaued a little bit as a pro. As a jump shooter, he's stayed right around four attempts per game every season of his career thirty seven percent as a rookie, thirty eight percent as a sophomore, thirty six percent last year. So no real trajectory there either direction. Uh shot just twenty seven percent from three in the Spurs series.
Speaker 2: There's some struggles there. I want to talk about. We'll get to.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about the Spurs series really at the end of this of this segment, breakdown of the jump shooting by distance forty nine percent inside seventeen feet, forty eight percent on long tows, thirty six percent from three. Huge difference between when he was guarded and unguarded forty four percent when he was opened thirty four percent when he wasn't. Kind of a slow release, which we'll talk more about when we talk about the Spurs series. In the playoffs thirty eight percent when he was opened, thirty two percent when he was guarded.
Speaker 2: Hooks and floaters.
Speaker 1: Doesn't really take many twenty seven all season, just five in the playoffs, but he shot well sixteen for twenty seven in the regular season, four for five in the playoffs, probably something he should explore more again twenty for thirty two, let's bump that volume up. That's something he's very good at, right, just those little short you know, hooks, floaters, short turnaround jump shots, things like that. Very modest self creation leap last year. If you look at twenty twenty five campaign pick and rolls, ISOs post up so like anything. He would create about twice per game twenty twenty five, about four times per game in twenty twenty six, so still low volume, but trending in the right direction. He doubled his volume year over year, below a point per possession in twenty twenty five, just about a point per possession, just over a point for possession in twenty twenty six, So significantly more efficient and double the volume, but he does have a long way to go there to be like a legitimate scoring option or shot creation option. The main reason that Chet is on this list at twenty four, despite being a pretty flawed offensive player and coming off of an extremely disappointing playoff run, is that I view him as one of the best defensive anchors in the league. Chet was the best non and wemb defender in the entire league last year, like we talked about earlier, very gifted rim protector, good at doing it without fouling as well, like uses verticality extremely well. We'll talk about it in minute. Probably could stand it fut a little bit more. We'll talk about that a little bit. But great timing, great mobility on his rotations to the rim. But he's also an excellent switch defender, and that's really the key with him is the versatility, right, Like if you have him in a drop coverage, he can protect the rim. If you have him in helpside, like if Isaih Hartenstein's defending pick and rolls and he's the low man, devastating rim protector, but he also can switch, which is a really useful weapon against pick and rolls, right, especially when Isaiah Hartenstein's on the floor too and they don't have to worry about size on the back line. Chet defended eighty six ISOs last year and allowed just zero point eighty five points per possession. That was seventeenth out of the fifty players who defended at least seventy five ISOs last year. A lot of reps, really solid defense from him on an island, just really good at like navigating that like special balance as a tall player between like giving space to kind of bait players into jump shots, but knowing you have the length to recover, but also giving space in a way that allows you to beat them to spots when they try to drive. That's really the combination of fluidity like athletic fluidity like mobility and length with Chet that makes them so devastating in switch situations. But that versatility is what makes them so valuable. You can run from the five spot any pick and roll coverage you need, deep drop, high drop, you know, switching things along those lines. And then also from the four spot, he's like a devastating lowman, you know when he's on the floor with Isaiah hartenstein Er, with Jalen Williams right, and again, aside from a fluky hip injury which was again a crazy rim confrontation from Andrew Wiggins, just kind of a bizarre play, he's been overwhelmingly available to his team and he hasn't missed a single playoff game, which is a huge boost on a list like this, Right, just having Chet on the floor gives your defense a great chance to get stops. Combine that with elite play finishing as a vertical spacer. On offense, he's a knockdown, wide open three point shooter. He shoots him well when he gets lots of space, and he has some ability to put the ball on the floor and score. Put all that together, he just has an extremely high floor as a basketball player, and that's what keeps him on this list despite the rough end of the season. Now, let's talk about this San Antonio series. There are three things from that series that I think are worth talking about that if Chet can fix, he can flip the script. And the first part is just mental. It's confidence. The most disappointing thing about what Wenby did to Chet is how he responded mentally, like there just wasn't really much of a fight from him. It looked like Wemby kind of sapped him of his confidence. They will play the Spurs in the playoffs again at some point and Wemby will try to do it to him again. And step one is stay in the fight mentally, stay locked into who you are as a basketball player. Hang onto the rope, don't stop throwing punches. The numbers from this are crazy. Chet took ten shots forty nine times in the regular season, and six times in the first two rounds of the playoffs six times in eight games. Just once in seven games against the Spurs did he attempt ten field goals.
Speaker 2: That can't happen.
Speaker 1: That's you losing who you are as a basketball player as a product of what's taking place in the mental dynamic of the game. So that's the first part. He just has to stick with it mentally, stay in the fight. Second piece has to speed up his catch and shoot release. Perhaps the most disappointing statistical thing about Chet's performance in the final or in the Western Conference finals was his lack of three point volume. The Spurs closed out hard on his catches, mainly with guards, and he was constantly spooked out of his release into like pump fakes or drives when he was supposed to be spacing the floor. And a big part of that is his release is just slow and he has like a big wind up. So as a result, his volume drops against elite defenses, and his efficiency when he's contested drops off. Like we talked about earlier, massive drop offs for Chet in his three point percentage when there's a contest versus when there's not a contest.
Speaker 2: At his size, He's got.
Speaker 1: To get quicker and more fluid with his release at the very least, if all of the other parts of his game fail him, he needs to be a thread outside the three point line, especially considering Isaiah Hartenstein is such an important part of how the Spurs of how the thunder Half to compete against that particular Spurs team. I actually think in general he could benefit from playing faster, like even in his one on ones, like, he's never gonna win a leverage battle is too upright, too skinny, right, So he's got to win on the floor with his speed and with his length, and so just in general, like catch and rip, catch and go quick, catch and shoot quick. I just want everything with Chet to be kind of like sped up a little bit. I think that will help him a lot. The third piece of it is actually the defensive end of the flour. I also thought that Chet allowed the dynamic with Wenby to negatively affect his aggressiveness around the rim. Defensively, we talked about this during the series. He was nowhere near physical enough, and the Spurs guards consistently finished through his chest and around him at the rim. And this is where I think Check could actually stand to pick up more fouls, be more physically aggressive in his contests, meet players further out, hold his ground more. Rim battles can be one on the ground every bit as much as they can be one in the air, And I thought last year there's a little too much of this. Just go vertical and don't bring any aggressiveness to those rim confrontations. Spurs players went right through him. Overall, I think the series would be very good for Chet's career. Obviously, you never want to lose, and you certainly never want to be embarrassed, but embarrassment can be a great motivator. And I think Chet's gonna have a great offseason, and I think he's going to come into next season as a very different basketball player. Last player for Today number twenty three og An Andobi, fresh off of an incredible championship winning postseason, Ognob cracks our top twenty five list for the first time in his career. We very rarely get like role players on a list like this. Usually our list is dominated by ball handlers and like defensive centers that are in that like eighteen to twenty two points per game list. So you know, Chet Holmgrin bam Adebayo like that, kind of guy. But the reason why og is on this list actually has a lot to do with this ball handling ability, But that's a postseason question. Let's quickly go through his regular season stuff. Modest regular season seventeen to five and two two point three stocks per game, sixty two percent true shooting, was second team All defense, so like good but nothing like spectacular, right, okay shooting. He was very good off the catch for two percent catch and shoot threes, forty eight percent unguarded catch and shoot threes. Brutal pull up shooting season, though, He's just twenty eight for one oh four on pull up jump shots, one for nine on hooks and floaters, So some dark spots in his you know, some uh inefficient spots in his shooting numbers. Sixty five percent at the rim, though, which is very good play type stuff. Like really a bad year for him as a shot creator. He's well below point for possession in pick and rolls, ISOs and post ups this year. But Ojananobi is one of the best playoff risers in the NBA, and last year was his biggest rise yet. He's built for playoff basketball right, combination of size and strength as well as speed that allows him to basically just win physical battles all over the floor, leverage battles, speed battles, vertical battles like you know, on offense, when he's trying to turn the corner on somebody, he blows through that shoulder because he's so strong on defense, when a guy's trying to turn the corner on him, he regains control with his physical leverage, right fighting for rebound positioning, you know, getting through screw all that kind of stuff. Speed battles like just having to get up and down the floor and transition, keeping up with small guards. He's garden deeron fox in the finals for stretches right. And then vertical battles like to tip in in the NBA Finals, like the block shots. E's seven blocks in the NBA Finals, Like just he wins all sorts of battles because of his physical tools, and that's what makes him a playoff riser. He's also just in general, always been very good at making shots when he can get separations. So like when you piece those two things together, it's it's generally the what makes a playoff riser is like a guy who can physically handle all of the confrontations and get to his spots. But that's also capable of finishing plays when he gets there. Og Nnob averaged twenty points per game in that playoff run on seventy two percent true shooting. But it wasn't just knocking down threes, although he was a preposterous sixty percent on open threes in that playoff run. Just ridiculous, but og I thought was New York's second most reliable shot creator in the half court. If it felt like when you were watching the Knicks this year, if it felt like like ogn Andobi just would like get the ball with five on the shot clock and just go get a big bucket over and over again every time the Knicks needed him, That's exactly what happened. He took forty one shots out of picking rolls in his one on ones, and he scored fifty three points on them, one point two to nine points per possession. Ognnobi is the only role player on this list because he's very simply the best role player in the NBA. He's a great perimeter defense option both against quick guards but also power wings. His rim protection is a huge part of that title run for the Knicks in transition and in help side. He saved them a game in the NBA Finals with the transition block again, block seven shots in those five games, average six point three rebounds per game in the playoffs, great rebounder play Finisher scored one hundred ninety one points in transition and spot up situations, all on absurd efficiency, almost a point and a half per possession. But you can also give him the ball and ask him to create a shot and he'll do it at a level of surgical efficiency. He was simply amazing in that title run for the Knicks. Deserves a boatload of credit. And again, I mean we didn't even he won an NBA Finals game with an offensive rebound tampin. He's the best role player in the NBA. I feel like it's under selling him to even call him a role player with the work he can do off the bounce. Just an incredible basketball player. I'm just really happy for him to have the moment that he did, and he very much belongs in our top twenty five this year at number twenty three. All Right, guys, it's all I have for today is always a sincerely appreciate you guys for supporting us in supporting The show will be back on Monday with twenty two to twenty one and twenty I will see you guys then