Speaker 1: My might sounds nice, My mic sounds nice.
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of drunk Zighting into the Presidential trend Ricade.
Speaker 1: That is courtesy of Maniche my favorite.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They're great names in the discord, but Maniche is maybe my favorite. Say uh, just Lake saying it.
Speaker 2: It is my name's Jack. That over there, Will. That's a producer, Brian.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey going on.
Speaker 2: Everybody from downtown swish.
Speaker 3: I'm on fire, Kobe, And it's not the shoes.
Speaker 1: I'm literally on fire. It's very painful.
Speaker 2: My mic sounds nice, Brian. Uh, I'm ready. I'm ready to record now. I want to record now, Jack. But yes, and she was, of course referring to the guy who t boned.
Speaker 1: The presidential motorcade. This is not funny. Why are you laughing? That's not funny.
Speaker 2: There are worse pieces of news to wake up to from a bender, but this has to be like one of the weirdest pieces of you know, like assuming the person was blacked out or you know, just to like wake up to the you know, the realization that you're in jail for having t boned the presidential motorcade just like wrong place, wrong time.
Speaker 1: Also don't don't drink and drive, but also.
Speaker 3: Begs the question of, like, you know, with all the money and resources spent with the Secret Service, like they're always My understanding based off of movies is they're always casing like a five mile radius around the president and like they have everything locked down.
Speaker 2: I assumed they were like five intersections ahead, clearing lanes and like making sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did a drunk guy just think about it? About it?
Speaker 3: A drunk guy famously bad reflexes, bad decision making, no planning there was, This wasn't a plan.
Speaker 1: That we know of.
Speaker 2: This could be the Secret Service just trying to let Biden know that you can be got to Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, Like I'm thinking back to movies like Olympus Has Fallen, and I'm like, okay, if you let a drunk guy through, how you gonna stop North Korea sending a baffling amount of soldiers and whatever the fuck was happening in that movie. Like, I'm very confused with this result.
Speaker 1: I never saw that Has Fallens.
Speaker 3: But they're they're fun if you want to turn completely turn your brain off for I.
Speaker 1: Do Brian for two hours so bad.
Speaker 3: Not think critically about anything that's happened.
Speaker 2: I will say, have you seen the pictures from the accident?
Speaker 3: No, No, this is you're you're preaching me a ay word picture.
Speaker 2: Right now, Biden is out of the motorcade, and I haven't seen him look more alive and awake than I have.
Speaker 1: In the pictures from this event.
Speaker 2: Like he is walking around with his eyes almost completely open like so and open yeah, like, and he's like he just seems like he's, you know, the person who like walks by an accident and then is just like a little too engaged with it and like too excited to be there. Like that's kind of the energy he seems to have. I'm just saying, maybe this is what Democrats should do before every major campaign stop. They just something to shake his ass up a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's literally insane. They got the president out here standing on a corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well again, yet, like none of this makes sense, None of this makes sense at all.
Speaker 2: This is the first move of like an eighties movie terrorist. Yeah, it's like, all right, so this guy is going to pretend to be drunk and then they're gonna be like questioning the guy and he's gonna be like whoop, like cartoon drunk, you know, hiccupping.
Speaker 1: And then meanwhile Hans and his.
Speaker 2: Buddies come through and kidnap the president and he's like, over yah, Hans Gruber, Yeah, not Hans our coworker. Yeah, it's it's question, like I think there's going to be some event where we see, like, oh, America, Olympus has fallen a long way from where it was at the height of the Empire, and like now you can get to the president by like dropping a handful of banana peels on the street.
Speaker 3: You know, it's going to be more like Olympus is du dude, it's dippy. Yeah, it's I don't understand how this is gonna happen. They spend too much money for like a drunk guy to be able to just like completely fu derail the motor case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anyways, shout out to that, you know, and I'm sure he's gonna get hit with like a lot of charges. Hopefully it's a wake up call for that driver. Same time, doing a service for the nation by giving us a wake up call about how bad the Secret Service is at protecting Joe Biden in particular. You know, I feel like they aren't great with democratic presidents. I'm just gonna say, there's that one in the sixties where they blew off half his head in Dallas.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jack get, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Find a way.
Speaker 2: Brian, you've been guesting for miles for like three days now, and I haven't mentioned the jaff As fascination for once.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 1: Sound resigned.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did, great, buddy. Yeah, let's just but it's it's Christmas. Let's uh, that's a that's the Thanksgiving holiday subject, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Christmas.
Speaker 2: Usually on tomorrow's episode we talk about Christmas gifts.
Speaker 1: We ended up going long on me repeating.
Speaker 2: Shit about home alone that I've already recently said. It's the end of the year, folks. The lights are on no one's home baby fun episode tomorrow I will say, uh, it's the Christmas it's the annual Christmas fuck around episode.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Didn't get to a Christmas present, so I thought we would take this opportunity to, uh, you know, just talk about what was there a favorite Christmas present, Christmas morning memory that you have walking down and there being oranges in the stocking.
Speaker 1: Or I don't know what fucking British people do.
Speaker 3: I have to have this Christmas crackers.
Speaker 2: Christmas, you wake up and you get the Chris Miss crackers in there.
Speaker 3: You put the little crown on your head and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that's all they have, is just the little tissue paper crown.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh, daddie, it's so magical. So I was.
Speaker 2: Reminded chat out to my dad that one year he did he do a Steve job on my ass?
Speaker 1: Oh he do?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, one more thing on my ass. Oh.
Speaker 2: And I gotta say, if you're doing a Christmas for someone, you do a Steve Job on their ass, they're gonna remember that, like we did presence and then he come through and oh yeah, one more thing. Sannah left a ping pong table over here in this other room that you haven't even like looked at that. You didn't even think Christmas present was going to be in. I didn't even like ping pong. That's still one of the most memorable Christmas gifts. Yea, that ended up just being the gift of my dad beating me in ping pong for three years in a row.
Speaker 3: I feel like your dad just got that for him exactly, Like no, no, no, it's for Jack.
Speaker 1: It's yeah. The boy's gonna learn.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I like, if you can, if you can, Steve Job that ass I highly recommend.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that's that's pretty that's pretty spectacular just size alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's a big one.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Like it's like it's so big it can't fit under the tree. Yeah you're gonna remember that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And then but like my most memorable ones is just like random toys. Like I gotta like something that now is a parent I realize is like the thing you get as you're going through the register. It's like five dollars, like a plastic scuba diver and a plastic shark and like that. But I still like remember playing with it around the Christmas tree. So I don't know, kids are stupid, is the point of my thing. They're impressed by random stuff. So just you know, get them a bunch of random little shit. And that's my Christmas message to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's all I ever really remember getting for Christmas. It wasn't a big wasn't a big holiday for me, especially after I stop going to church when I was a kid. And yeah, like but birthdays that's where the big presence came for me. Yeah, like the big memorable ones. But yeah, I'm basically a grinch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're competitive with Jesus Christ. You're like, not his birthday, my birthday.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, why do I get presents on someone else's birthday?
Speaker 1: That's me fucking stupid. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Even though most of Christmas is still is stolen from like Norse Yule mythologist.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Is like the Christianity aspects of it still come in and like make it less fun like that. The fact that movies are as is family focused and not you know, more fun, is a testament to I don't know, just just let let the people fuck on Christmas is all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Distinct lack of fuck yeah Christmas films.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when they put the fucking Christmas films it is iconic, like the Mean Girls dance thing or Mariah coming through in that Santa suit or you know whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just just step out of my house for five minutes and heard that song as soon as I left the house.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back. COVID had shout up ahead of the holidays, so if you're traveling, you know, be careful out there, stay safe out there. And Donald Trump has been removed from the ballot in Colorado temporarily.
Speaker 3: Oh one, just one quick thing on the COVID thing. Yeah, personally know some nasty motherfuckers out here who know they're sick and are still traveling. So yeah, Jack already said be careful, but be really extra careful because there's some people out here that don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they are really like that. There's just an overall feeling of shame around being sick now where people are just like not willing to admit it, or.
Speaker 3: They just really you know, I've heard some other people being like, don't even approach me with some pandemic shit, that shit's over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard that totally.
Speaker 2: Not to bring us up on MIC, this is stuff that I say in my private time off MIC.
Speaker 1: I don't need you airing my dirty laundry.
Speaker 3: But yeah, for real, people are people are done with any any semblance of you know, trying to be safe though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, So yeah Trump, I feel like there's no way this lasts. But it's always been my outside hope that the Supreme Court uses one of their the Supreme courts. Actually the good guys. The Supreme Court's actually on a normal one today. You know that they overturned people's access to reproductive rights. But this would, I don't know, knock him off the ballot because he's clearly going to try to overthrow the US government and install himself as a dictator for life. Feels like, while I understand the technical legal difficulties of it, it does feel like big picture it could make sense.
Speaker 1: I know, I know it's like against.
Speaker 2: The law or whatever, and they're the Supreme Court, but.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: The arguments against it always feel like the bullshitty Supreme Court beond like we just call balls and strikes.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: We I don't I don't know who you think we are, but we're just making objective legal decisions.
Speaker 1: That is just complete horseshit.
Speaker 3: I think I think they're eventually just gonna end up, you know, just using president to settle this, because if you look back at the case of air Bud versus the NBA, there is no there is no rule that says a dog can't play professional basketball.
Speaker 1: Or be president, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or be president. There's no rule that says a dog can't be president.
Speaker 2: So Yeah, no love, that says a Fellas for president. Yeah gotta let a run.
Speaker 1: So uh And.
Speaker 2: Marvel dropped Jonathan just hours after the guilty verdict. So, after a trial that lasted for three weeks and jury deliberation that lasted for two days, Jonathan Major's has been found guilty on charges of misdemeanor assault and harassment.
Speaker 1: And yeah, there's just.
Speaker 2: A ton of evidence those released, including photos of his victims' injuries. Horrifying story. Obviously, it's seems kind of distasteful for the conversation around this conviction to focus on the future of a movie franchise about.
Speaker 1: Hot people in Robert jumpsuits.
Speaker 2: But Marvel quickly dominated the discourse when they announced that they were dropping him from the Marvel Cinematic universe just hours after.
Speaker 1: He was found guilty.
Speaker 2: Where Like, they could have been looking at the evidence before the jury came through and just made a decision earlier, done the right thing earlier.
Speaker 1: But I hadn't realized how.
Speaker 2: Like much they had really fucked themselves on this one where they had like their next So the next like Avengers movie was called Avengers the Kang Dynasty, and Jonathan Major's character is Kang like they they had just like put the whole franchise on his shoulders essentially, which is the problem with you know, of this scale scale, like yeah, the whole thing where everyone was like, God, they plan everything out so far in advance, it's so smart.
Speaker 3: Like how they had to they had to release this Flash movie even though.
Speaker 1: That was DC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was DC, and they were like, well, you let d C do it with the Flash, so maybe give us the past here and it turns out not not going to happen. But yeah, I mean, they were really dragging their heels on taking any action here after numerous outlets reported on Major's is decades long pattern of emotional and occasionally physical abuse. So they're going to have to come up with a new fifth Avengers movie people like. So Also, it feels like like their plan seems to be now to swap out Haang for another comic book villain, like doctor Doom. And I've at least like heard of Doctor Doom, you know, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just funny because they've already done Doctor Doom in those critically hand Fantastic Four movies.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, yeah, a little while ago that, But those.
Speaker 2: Movies basically might as well not exist. You know, I like when Hollywood insiders give notes like this one Hollywood anonymous Hollywood insider noted Marvel is truly fucked with the whole Kang angle, pointing out they haven't been able to rewrite any Kang heavy scripts because of the w GA strike, So as soon as the king as the strike ended, they put the logi guy in charge of rewriting a new draft of Kang Dynasty, presumably without Kang because it was suddenly being referred to as Avengers five.
Speaker 1: So sorry.
Speaker 3: The phrase Kang heavy scripts oddly amusing to me, And I don't know why. It's just it's a it's a word that it's a name that loses meaning very quickly because it never had any.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kang heavy scripts, My scripts are Kang heavy. This has been a Kang heavy episode of The Daily Zeig is trending, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: A volcano erupted on Iceland's Rakovic or Rick Johnnys Peninsula weeks after a time was evacuated. European Union's investigating Elon Musk's acts over possible breaches of social media law.
Speaker 1: And yeah, man, we're at the end of the news. That's the end of the news.
Speaker 2: For the year. The news we got to the end of it. Congratulations to us. Uh, you can stop paying attention to news. Uh until the new year.
Speaker 3: Man, there's not going to be any new news, no new news, no new news. News is on break.
Speaker 2: I always I'm always suspicious of like natural disasters during the holidays, not like suspicious like this is a false flag, but like I'm always ever since the tsunami happened on Christmas Day, I'm just like, what what are you going to pull on us now, Mother Nature to get the attention back you you wiley ahole.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be talking to Mother Nature like that, I mean.
Speaker 1: Right, like yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: And she looks pissed.
Speaker 2: That video is maybe the worst thing, but like it that is the sign yet, Yes, Joe Biden getting t boned by a drunk driver is one sign that America has fallen.
Speaker 1: But the video that apple like.
Speaker 2: Being like Mother Nature's here and she's pitched but we're actually zero emissions now and it's like not even true. But like Tim Cook wants to take this opportunity to act.
Speaker 1: Might be might be her lowest.
Speaker 2: Low point So anyways, Uh, we're gonna have a lot of episodes uh coming coming to you, just episodes that we've recorded already. So it's some fun holiday content, some fun year end contents cavalcade. But that is going to do it for us for uh this year. We are back with fun evergreen episodes in the coming days, and then back in the new year with more live episodes and we will talk to you all then. Brian, thank you so much for everything you did this year, having me continue to do. Where can people find you?
Speaker 3: You can't find me, don't follow.
Speaker 1: Me, leave me, check alone, do check out.
Speaker 3: I don't have many Christmas traditions, but every Christmas I list, I go on YouTube. I look up MF Doom, Christmas Cook and Soul. MF Doom, Great Little Christmas album, very fun. That's my one Christmas tradition.
Speaker 2: There I go, all right, learned something, Uh I was gonna do it. Uh talk to y'all next year. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, wear a mask because there's a lot of sick motherfuckers that Brian knows they don't want to admit.
Speaker 3: Don't let me, don't let people be breathing on you and ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't inhale people's breath like a sin eater or like one of those Yeah.
Speaker 1: Talked to y'all in the New Year. Bye later, M.