Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star Infrasco, and now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is Tuesday, March eighteenth, twenty twenty five, and we are thirty three days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome into the Draft Show presented by Miller Light, the only beer of the Cowboys. It is Miller Tome and we are closing in quickly on the final month until the NFL Draft. We've got Tommy Yarish, Brian brought us, Fox Lombardi, Bobby Belt with Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. Glad you are with us, and gentlemen, it's getting close to that time. We're gonna have our one month out mocked draft on Thursday, which I'm excited about, where we'll go around the table and start picking up different guys guy and try and see how this first round could possibly play out. We'll go through that whole scenario on Thursday, but today it's really a lot of really the nerves, trying to get those out of the way. Brian try and see who we could be wrong on and try and hit that.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's a lot of guys you could be wrong on this draft, in this draft specific. Yeah, I mean yeah, this is to me when you and really every draft, I mean, we've I've had discussions. Ear Old Draft Show colleague Jeff Kavanaugh asked me a question like on Twitter today, what guy, what guys would you have that you don't think are gonna bust? You know, give me, give me, give me four or five guys that you don't think are going to bust, you know, and and and and the target range of where the Cowboys are picking at twelve. I thought that was a pretty interesting exercise. I think that's the that's the pressure that you face. I was on with Eric giafalow Love at The Star this morning. We were talking about, you know, we were talking about listen, you could have thoughts about the running backs in this draft. You could, you could you could tell me like, hey, it doesn't make sense to take a running back like gent at twelve. It doesn't make sense. It's not it's it's it's not the economical use of your draft picks. It's sure, damn is an economical use of your draft pick. If you turn around and pick a bust at at twelve because you didn't take genty, you know what I'm saying. You can talk about economics of draft picks and all that, cowboys haven't had really good success. We'll see what happens with Mazie, We'll see what happens with Tyler Geiden. But to where they've drafted the standards before, it's they've those two picks of have some question marks. And if you don't want to take a running back, if you don't want to take an Ashton Genty because of economics, you know, because you feel like that maybe oh well you know, A, I don't know, it's not an economical thing. And you pick one of these other players, that's a bust. That's that's stuff that's going on right now in these war rooms and you're setting these boards. You're trying your damnedest to make sure like who the guys are not going to bust, especially in that first round. That that's the thing that I think, that's the thing. And there's plenty of guys up there that can scare the hell out of you if you really break it down looking.
Speaker 4: At your board, why Bran like, like, why is it so many, so many players this year that it seems like, oh, well, I bet if he was a guard his film would be better. Oh well, he got a new coach, so it looks a little weird this year. You should go back to this twenty twenty three to oh, his dog died, that's why he played bad.
Speaker 3: That Yah.
Speaker 5: You know, we've been you know, we we're.
Speaker 3: Starting to hear a lot of excuses and it's not so much excuses. Is like we're hearing about Walker from Kentucky. We mentioned him with the back stuff and all that, and you're like, well, is that the reason why he played bad? Everybody the guys that were at a certain level when we first started this process that are now kind of falling, and everybody's like, well, oh well this is why did you check this? Tommy? Did you check this?
Speaker 2: Fodge?
Speaker 3: Oh did you know this? You know Colin?
Speaker 4: Somebody said in my comments, Brand, well, Michael Williams not a good pass rusher right now because Georgie didn't ask him the pass rush very much.
Speaker 5: What does that mean? What that mean? Tayle?
Speaker 6: What that means?
Speaker 4: Because I mean I've seen three, three or four people tell me that, and yeah, I understand I'm doing this crusade. You know, when I don't like a player, I loudly, you know, don't like a player so so so people think that I'm hating or something. Well, watch the coach didn't ask in the past us very much what the hell he doing on pass rush downs? You know, there's just a lot of guys with questions and this could be a draft that'll get you fired or somebody look at you like a like a Jeanis. We been talking about the running back Gordon right, like why was he so fantastic?
Speaker 2: At one point Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: State Donovan Edwards from from Michigan, Right, once upon a time, we were looking at him like he was going to be a guy. What happened Isaiah Bond? What happened? How these guys kind of fall down this board? And me and Brown will make the joke, Oh, this type of dude you get in the fifth round, he'll save your job. Oh they'll be a there'll be an all pro guy you know in you know, two or three years.
Speaker 5: So like, why is this so weird?
Speaker 7: Like do you think on Michael Williams And I don't want to get you going on a total tangent, but on my specifically in terms of that he wasn't asked to pass rush a lot, and that's it. Would you at least agree like what he's going to be asked to do at the NFL level will probably not match what he was asked to do at Georgia. He's not gonna be asked I don't think by a lot of teams to two gap as frequently as he was at Georgia.
Speaker 4: All we have is the film, right, That's just, that's just, that's just where we are. You talk to people I don't really talking about, So all I have is Okay, let me watch James Pierce. Then let me watch Mike Hail Williams. I like what Pierce looks like more, or let me watch Princely, let me watch Donovan. I watched Baron Surrell, Tommy, they love it. Get on your abatch your textas bar Surrell run game past game, whatever he's doing. I like what it looks like he's doing on film. He doesn't run down the mill of people, Michael run down the mill of people. But you know what I'm saying, and I can only imagine that when you get to the league that goes up a bit because you're running down the middle of better guards and better tackles. Now, so that's what I'm saying when I'm watching the film, I don't I don't project very well. Just like last year, right, Tyler Guiden, you know we talk about you know, Oh he leans a little bit, gets over his skates, his hands aren't in the right place. I saw a lot of tab with the head their hands in the right place, a bunch and those dudes fared better.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: Could I be wrong in three years about Michael Willis And I'd be wrong in three years about Tyler Guidon for sure. But we talked about twelve overall this year. You need people this year and next year, not in three years.
Speaker 7: If I told you he's If I told you he ends up being Gregory Rousseau. Are you comfortable with that? Or do you want more out of Pick twelve?
Speaker 4: I like Russou, but I want more out of Peaks.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: This was a community that hated Rousseau when he was coming out, like in Jeneral, Like I was not a big Russou fan.
Speaker 5: I mean neither, but like.
Speaker 7: I mean to me, it's you wouldn't you think when you think of rushing to the chest and traits and everything like that, I think of in recent history Rousseau and then probably on the back end of that of bus potential to be Marcus Davenport. Sure Davenport used to have the same issue rush into the chest and and you know didn't have all the tools put together right away. So like, yeah, that could be a lower end of what Michael Williams would be would be on the back side of that, some of the Davenport struggles.
Speaker 4: You're not wrong. But for every Greg Russo is ten, it's ten Cleveland Farrells that we just you know what I'm saying, So it's twelve overall. You had to lose games to get here. You had to be a terrible football team to get here.
Speaker 5: Like Brian saman I don't want to roll the dice.
Speaker 4: I don't want to overthink, well, Ashton Genty's a running back, but I can cut on any game, you know how well MIKEL Williams has two good Texas games, but you know it's weird everywhere else. It don't matter what game you put on for Ashton Genty, Boise State versus.
Speaker 2: Anybody's running over anyone, anybody.
Speaker 4: I just want the anybody guy Mike Green looks fantastic versus anybody.
Speaker 5: I just want anybody.
Speaker 2: Let's look like, if you're talking about any guy anytime, anywhere, any place, any team, who's those guys, Like, what is the short list of those guys at twelve? Because that's who we need to be looking at.
Speaker 4: Give me McMillan. He jumps over everybody, even the first or third overall pick.
Speaker 2: Where he's sliding down mock draft.
Speaker 5: That's a lie. I won't believe it.
Speaker 4: McMillan jents he's one of those guys for me, everybody and gotta believe this. I think Simmons from Ohio State to the left Tack, I think he's one of those guys. And I'm I'm on a short list of guys also me and Tommy. Matthew Gold is one of those guys for me. Think so, Matthew Gold is one of those guys for me.
Speaker 3: I felt Barron in there. I mean the four, the four that the four that I asked that and Jeff asked me the question. I answered Simmons genty and then I went Baron Abuca and that that's the that's the guys that I went the non bus guys. Those are the four that I went with.
Speaker 2: Buka is interesting because it goes back to that ceiling floor conversation that we love to talk about on the show, and I love I think he's built, He's he had a floor at Ohio State that cannot be questioned. He was never really the guy at Ohio State, but he did everything else perfectly along the way, and he's got good tape, he's got good production. He did it with multiple quarterbacks, he did it in multiple seasons, and he was always kind of that floor guy that you can rely on. So I'm in so with you saying that you would still be fine taking a Bouka out of Ohio State at twelve. Yeah, just because he is a safe selection.
Speaker 3: I think. I don't think he's going to bustin. I think he is going to come into the league and I think he's going to play at a very very high level. And I think whoever drafts him is going to be super happy they did because he he knows how to be a great teammate. He knows how to play second Phil if he has to. I think he's got ability with trades where he could be the first wide receiver for your team, and the fact that I don't think the games are too big for him, and I love him. I love that about him.
Speaker 2: You didn't say McMillan out of Arizona. I'm interested. Is there something there that you're looking at?
Speaker 3: You know there's a possibility with him? I mean, I'm going to I have him very, very high. He's one of those guys that I don't think will I don't think I would come off of I do think there's legitimate There's the things that you have to be questioned about. Is is he legitimately a four or five to four guy speed wise? I think I think he's closer to four or five one, because if somebody got him at four, four eight and somebody got him at four or five four, that's you split those times. That's right around four, five one, four five two.
Speaker 4: Do you care? Like if he's a four or five guy? Do you do you really care? I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't, But I just think if you asked me five guys, I think I would have him as number five. I picked four that four guys. I think he would be number five on my on my list?
Speaker 4: Is that a recent like a like a recent change for you because you used to be ten toes down McMillan, guy, Like, I just don't want you waffling a little bit.
Speaker 5: Have you kind of died down on him a little bit?
Speaker 2: No, I just know.
Speaker 3: I mean, like I said, those those are the four guys that I think that absolutely will not bust. Okay, that's it. I mean, I you know, I mean. And then he said if he said five guys, I you know, he says, give me, give me guys, give me four guys. That I so. I I just to me, I feel like Baron, like I said, I feel like Simmons is the top one. Gent d uh uh Baron Abuka for my for my four guys.
Speaker 6: Let me this brunt. You were talking earlier about how the past couple of years these first round picks haven't hit for Dallas yet. Do you think that puts just because you've been in those rooms before, do you think that puts any pressure on this group to maybe opt for the safer pick that might not be as high on their boards, or do you feel like they could still go for that higher player who you still maybe have some lingering questions about. And you're not as sure as a as a surefire guy. I hope that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think it through that that just take the safe pick at twelve and not.
Speaker 2: So so so let me let me give me a guy twelve. You're a picture of this.
Speaker 6: So you're talking about Abuka. Yeah, so you've got a Buka at twelve. But if maybe Matthew Golden is higher on their board, but there's you know, does he run the routes as well as as he can he develop into a better route runner. Do you take a chance on Golden just because the traits that he's got, or do you look at a Buka and say, Okay, this guy we need a wide receiver to. This guy's been a bona fide wide receiver to at Ohio State his entire career.
Speaker 3: I'm taking a Buka there. Okay, yeah, I'm taking a booka there. I just feel like to me that overall, I could say that the body of work for him, I've seen it his whole entire career at Ohio State. Yeah, the Golden I'm you know, Houston to hear. I think Golden's a hell of a player, don't get me wrong. And I'm not trying to I'm not trying to think anything less of Golden or any of these other guys or like you know, we're gonna about Mikel Williams, We're gonna talk about will Johnson, those kind of guys. But I just to me, I just think of I look at the overall body of work throughout his whole entire career. I think that's why I got a booka ahead of ahead of Golden.
Speaker 4: Something I love to do is as ask Bob, because I don't get to work with them all the time, and biby begets to hear these things. But why are we seeing these My dress's wide receivers kind of falling a little bit, you know, like you know, burden is falling. We you know, just talk about certain guys that we may have on our top fifteen or so. The league may not see it that way.
Speaker 5: Why is that?
Speaker 7: I think Burden scares people because of how his final season at Missouri went, where it was all right, was the progression? Is he going to take the step up? Is he going to have a really big year here at Missouri? The last year and it didn't go all He was banged up a little bit, So there's some of that question there. I personally get concerned by players like Burden coming out just because whenever it's and I've talked about this before, whenever the top lineman to me is what you do after the catch or like oh they're a playmaker and put the ball in their hands, and like, you know, the Malachi Corley's last year, Like I let Malachi Corley burn me last year. I think because he doesn't look like he's going to be the type of player that I thought it could be there, there's just more of a projector or more uncertainty to me with somebody like Burton. So I think that there may be some of that question with people who look at Burdon, say you were a five star, you played really well early at Missouri, Why did it taper off? Why do you you know? Why did you seem to have some of those issues. So that's the deal with Burdon. McMillan. I don't know, like McMillan falling in some of these mocks where he's going like twenty I said it last week, He's Kyle Hamilton to me at receiver where it's like Kyle Hamilton. People it felt like started overthinking him and maybe had some fatigue because he was being mentioned for a year plus as one of the top players in the draft, and all of a sudden, Kyle Hamilton slides like fourteen to the Ravens and he turns out to be a great player. Like I think McMillan is one of those guys that in the past, whether it's you know, Brian Branch or Kyle Hamilton or some of these guys that it feels like we overthink a little bit and let them slide. I wonder if he'll be one of those guys. I would hope he wouldn't get past twelve in that instance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, when he shouldn't.
Speaker 6: If he shouldn't get past twelve, I don't get it. I'm with you, guys, I don't get it. I mean, this guy is he's game fast. You know, everybody's talking about this forty time, but he's game fast. He's clocked in a couple of times at nineteen miles an hour at Arizona. And you know, we talked about how good Luther Burden is after the catch. I don't think Ted Roe McMillan is that far behind in terms of what he can do for you, just because of that long stride he's got to build, it's hard to bring down for some of these corners that may be a little bit smaller. And then you add in too, what he can do with fifty f fifty balls and contested catches, the catch radius that he's got with those long arms and body control. I mean, this guy's clearly, for me, the best wide receiver in this class.
Speaker 7: I don't see wasted movement with him, no like and that that's one of the big things to me, is that it's like if you're four or five five, but you're efficient in everything that you do, the way that you move across the field, I don't think it matters nearly as much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's an athletic freak show.
Speaker 6: So you add all that into it, and it just seems this might be one of those where it's it's like one of those smoke screens.
Speaker 3: Early.
Speaker 6: I feel like, like, you know, you see him dropping twenty. I don't know if he gets out of the top ten. I don't know if he's even there for Dallas at twelve.
Speaker 2: Could very well be the case. I would I would go in Vegas, I say, I doubt he's there. New York Carolina. I mean any of those teams us likely not.
Speaker 3: To be there. Mc millaner Genty.
Speaker 7: I feel it's starting to feel more like j J.
Speaker 3: He will be there, well not will not.
Speaker 4: I don't think he'll be there. I think neither one of them be there. Neither should be there. Like their top five guys on my look, my boy ain't ain't there boy, But yeah, those are two guys that shouldn't be there. We should be having a conversations about Mike Green or something and not McMillian because we get me a million, I say we, But if Dallas getting a million, y'all had to keep me out of him, and I'm I'm gonna stop, stand up and clap.
Speaker 2: Stand on the table now. I just as we sit here almost one month out, if you had to say, in one word what the position would be that you would spend the twelfth overall pick on? What would it be? One position doesn't have to be a player, doesn't have to be a guest. But what would you spend it on? Based off of what they've done in free agency over these last couple of weeks, where would you go?
Speaker 3: I don't think free agency has limited them to even it has I don't think. I think they just prevented depth from going out the door and added some pieces to make sure that they can draft and they don't have to force it.
Speaker 5: So wide receiver though, like it has to be, it has to be.
Speaker 7: You don't have to right now, you don't have a legitimate starter. I don't think they're right now. Is the number two?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Cooks walk So now you like worse?
Speaker 4: So now your wide receivers are Tobin interpreinting, CD Tobin interpreted And that's y'all ready for that.
Speaker 5: Paris Campbell, I'm not, I don't. I hope he's not here.
Speaker 3: He's here?
Speaker 5: And is he here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey man, he'll be competing when we get the ox focks, and you know, we'll we'll just see, uh Sanders, Miles Sanders, I think he's a competing at Oxford.
Speaker 5: Guy, I don't, I don't. I don't know how long they're gonna be here. I don't know. I don't know if they're around in September.
Speaker 3: For a team that wants to run the ball, they got no runner, Nope. So I mean that's if you want to, if you want to talk about twelve. I don't know how comfortable everybody is taking Hampton or Johnson or one of those guys.
Speaker 2: He was mocked today to the Cowboys. Hampton was out of North Carolina. Would you feel comfortable in that sense?
Speaker 5: He was mocked at twelve? It was well won them trade back.
Speaker 2: He was at twelve.
Speaker 7: That's second time in a row Kuiper's put him at twelve.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: That's where I keep an eye on that because Kuiper he did the thing with Tyler Smith. He did the same thing with Tyler Smith.
Speaker 4: If if Jens's not there and McMillan is not there, I don't know what it looks like to get wiped out, you know this year, But if it's a version of wiped out to where look, we need running back and we don't think Hampton's gonna be there. And Hampton's like your seventeenth guy, if he's your sixteen seventeenth guy.
Speaker 2: Then you'll be fine.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't hurt It wouldn't hurt me because we have Hampton, Like oo, you have drafted Hampton and all these other guys aren't there. I would have rather Hampton than Will Johnson or something.
Speaker 3: So that's what it's gonna ask you Hampton, Mikel Williams or Will Johnson.
Speaker 4: See you purposely picked two players I have a problem with and one player that I love.
Speaker 2: So you asked me where I would you put.
Speaker 4: On my board. I'm taking the running back that I love. I'm not one of these guys that hate drafting running back like that. You know, I don't know either. I hate paying running back for a long time, but drafting running back we can go party.
Speaker 5: I will get Hampton.
Speaker 2: Let me let me ask you a question based off of that, if you had to rank those three guys and who you would take in that.
Speaker 3: Order, what would it be?
Speaker 2: Who was again, it was Hampton, Mikel Williams, and then Will Johnson.
Speaker 5: For me, I'm going Hampton, Johnson, Williams in that order.
Speaker 2: I think it's likely they would reverse that and it would be Oh yeah, I think it's William Johnson and then Hampton.
Speaker 5: But mel Kiper said that Hampton.
Speaker 3: So what we need to do is this show needs to just start talking about Will Johnson and Michel Williams. Like Tommy brought up the other day with Michael Williams that now.
Speaker 4: I would literally be hurt and I would lose a lot of faith in what we got going on here.
Speaker 5: Like, I know they don't care about me. Look, man, I don't even work here your guest. Man, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I don't even have a like my little Languard thing. I don't I don't have clearance around here. I can't interview nobody. Man, they don't care what I think. Man, But if you pass on what if we pass on mc millan, for what I would be hurt? I would be physically hurt and I would have to go through pick thirteen through thirty two on this show, upset with a bad look on my face, man, with a bad look, and look, I'm sure they look.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I wish him the best. They're gonna make a lot of moneybody, mama, house man, I'm proud of you do. But missing on a on a player that I liked, down care what I think for a player that I got a bunch of problems with or clearly on film everybody has questions about.
Speaker 5: That's what Brian been talking about for the past three months.
Speaker 4: Man, get you a guy that has the least amount of question marks, the least amount of worse you possibly can, and you just gave me an order where the question mark.
Speaker 5: Dudes are one and two. Hampton ain't got a lot of question marks? Does Brian?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: He just running?
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 5: I agree with you, Bobby, what the league saying about him, you got a lot of question mark.
Speaker 7: He doesn't have a lot of question marks. I think he's solidified as a first rounder. I think that it's just the idea of like, here's why I don't think Hampton would happen at twelve. I think this team is trying to justify right now, like just working through scenarios, going why is Ashton gent different enough that we would consider him here? But like just as you're the same sort of thing where you float any idea and just say, like, talk through these scenarios. Okay, typically we wouldn't pursue a running back this high. Why is all you've done is talk about running the damn ball right right right right right? He went out there, you hired.
Speaker 3: This line coach, and you went out and hired this guy from Kansas State, and the court and the and the guy that the head coach GNA tells him to run the damn ball right.
Speaker 7: But Brian, let's look at that.
Speaker 3: I agree with And you sit there and you say, oh, we don't want to take the best back.
Speaker 7: I agree.
Speaker 3: Okay, I you know what, don't tell me about running the football anymore.
Speaker 7: Bright, I agree with you. What I'm saying is is that if they're having to go through that exercise, picks the.
Speaker 3: Corner that can't that we don't know a forty yard dash time.
Speaker 7: Our gent denty are Genty and Hampton's tags touching for you.
Speaker 3: GT and Hampton?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like running back.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no exactly. So I think I think if this team is having to go through that exercise with Genty and say is he and I think they would come to a conclusion that says he is. But I'm saying, if they're having to go through that exercise, Hampton's not even close enough to begin that exercise. I don't think. Sure he's a good player, He's not even close enough to begin that kind of.
Speaker 2: A Johnson Okay, Caleb Johnson.
Speaker 3: Nowther you're talking about Will Johns and Caleb Johnson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not gonna be there.
Speaker 7: Riyan doesn't have Will Johnson over Jock Reeves.
Speaker 2: Yay, chock Reeves was a nice place, all right. We got to take our first break when we come back. We've got some great Twitter on the twenty questions. Be sure to send your questions in for today. We'll send them again as well. All right, Yeah, can't wait. Twitter on the twenty is next.
Speaker 8: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge.
Speaker 2: Smoothie King has.
Speaker 8: The fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of addage sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kid.
Speaker 9: All Right. Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw a hell Mary, go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 4: At lasercare I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see check.
Speaker 9: Them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 6: Hoo hoo.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: As they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 5: He escapes left. He'll look throw a first doyle.
Speaker 3: Just like football.
Speaker 10: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot com Cowboys fans.
Speaker 11: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Experience a fabulous shopping day at the Flea Style Market at the Star, presented by Marketplace by Michaels on Saturday, March twenty second. This vibrant outdoor market is packed with over sixty local artisans offering a curated selection of fashion, jewelry, home to core, kids, goodies, and lifestyle must have. For all the details, head to the Star District dot com. I'm more of a monster truck rally reade guy. Yeah, I like I like the flea market stuff. Yeah, it's good for the wife.
Speaker 4: Man asked a question, Yeah, of course I would like to ask the table here.
Speaker 2: Are you a coup a lot of time on Twitter?
Speaker 4: I promise it won't. Are you floor guy or are you ceiling guy? Bryant Hastes, Are you the guy that the player either has a high floor, that's as good as they're gonna be, but they're ready to go right now, like a like a jack, like a Jack Sawyer type right, or are you the ceiling guy to where? Man, they're not ready to go right now. They may not know how to play for they only be playing football for two weeks, but they're so athletic that maybe in three years they'll be the best player in the league.
Speaker 5: Are you floor guy? Are you seiling guy? Around?
Speaker 2: Can I take a cop out answer and say it depends on oh he asked you, thank you answer it are you ceiling guy?
Speaker 12: Rather?
Speaker 2: I would rather go get a guy that's going to be an all pro and take a risk on a guy that could be an all pro as opposed to relying on only the measurables to get it done. I want to get a guy that's going to be a badass.
Speaker 6: So floor mean that they can't grow anymore at all.
Speaker 5: They can't.
Speaker 4: They can't grow with what they are right now is as good as they are. And that may be a that may be a starter, but they just won't get any better.
Speaker 7: Then I'm a ceiling guy ceiling yeah, But I mean it's case by case basis, depending on his case, the context of your football team at the time, like what are you in a building mode or not? It does matter, It does matter. It does but no ceiling. If if I'm gonna have to pick one, I'd rather have the ceiling and trust that I've hired.
Speaker 3: Which is the bigger unknown, the ceiling. The ceiling, that's what are you likely to bust on?
Speaker 2: More ceiling?
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me the floor. That's floor guy, the floor, give me, if you if you give me, if you give me fifteen floor guys, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna that's a buka a lot of game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Booka is a Florida. He can play right now. I don't know if he's gonna get any bet he can run all your round you whatever, whatever, Ye Matthew Golden may or may not or a burden may or may not. You know what I'm saying, I'm getting to do. That's ready to go. I'm sorry to one, you know, just real quick.
Speaker 7: You know who his floor guy was Jeff Okuda, and Jeff Okuda did not pan out. And then see guy was Michaeh. Parsons yep, And so like, I mean, there is still that you're still having to have these sort of debates and you still got it just because there's a projection. I don't think that's enough to be able to say I'm not gonna project it.
Speaker 3: David admitted that they didn't know that Michael Bright, I'm just out of the edge in general.
Speaker 2: Floor guy out of that draft was with Shawn Slater. He ended up being a badass and he ended up going higher than I think you even we thought about. But thanks iming into him, we said he was a floor guy. Yeah, I think we all looked at it and said he would have been the better pick there at that time. And Michael Parsons is what he is, and that's what you kind of have.
Speaker 3: You kind of want to floor guy's. The first round pick is what you want, case by case basis.
Speaker 4: You want you want both, you want both guys. You want the guy that can play right now, that can get better. That's what you want at like twelve overall. That's why I'm if you had to pick one, if you had to pick one, I'm picking picking. I'm picking floor go oh the every day Yeah, it's I don't want to I don't have to trust ten coaches to get you.
Speaker 2: The good thing is is you don't have to pick one. You pick what the prospect is.
Speaker 7: Because if Tyler Smith ended up, Tyler Smith ended up better than Zion Johnson.
Speaker 4: Tyler Smith wrestled like we knew Tyler Smith was strong and in everybody, And we thought.
Speaker 2: Zion Johnson was gonna be a perennial pro bowler.
Speaker 5: Y'all. I thought that. I ain't think that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Man, all right, it's time.
Speaker 5: For some Twitter on the Twitter.
Speaker 2: Sorry name, I was a little quick on the trigger. You mentioned a wipeout scenario. Yes, John on Twitter wants to know about a wipeout scenario? What would it realistically look like? What are the names that have to be gone at twelve in order for you to say, oh my gosh, what are we doing here? What are the eleven names in front of you? Are just the handful that you would have to say, we were wiped out and we've got to do something else.
Speaker 5: McMillan, Gent Simmons, Carter H.
Speaker 4: Graham, Hunter, like the Cowboys love it because Will Johnson to be there, like they'll they'll, they'll, they'll just take him, And which.
Speaker 3: Is Mikeel They're Mike. They're not gonna get white.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys and never get white.
Speaker 4: They're not because nobody's gonna take the players they like, uh and and those like that's my wipeout scenario like, damn, well, we really left with Jalen Walker, Mike Hail Williams and Will Johnson.
Speaker 5: Like that's my wipeout for me?
Speaker 2: Brian similar, Yeah, I mean they're not going to get wiped out.
Speaker 3: If you guys are telling me that they love Will Johnson and Michael Williams, they're gonna be just fine. I mean, there's it's.
Speaker 7: Well, what about for you to wipe out for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well w I McMillan, Burden of Buca, Simmons, Campbell, Genty, Carter Graham throw a corner two in there. Yeah, I mean you're down to you know. I I don't know if they would pick Green or you know, or are they pick Morrison or Revel at corner? I don't. I mean they they're so if you take what like I say for me personally, I I love Genty, I do, and I love Simmons too. I don't think, you know, I don't think they take Simmons.
Speaker 5: What about the lineback from Alabama? Campbell?
Speaker 4: What about him hot Campbell? Do y'all see him as a twelve overall? A twelve overall game with Walker all over the board on him.
Speaker 7: They're they're like there was. I think DJ Today mocked him in the top ten. Wow, I think and other like yeah, no, I I don't look at Johig Campbell as you know, a twelfth overall player somebody in that group. But I mean that I've heard so many things all over the place with camp I.
Speaker 3: Would take I would consider taking him over Johnson and Michael Williams.
Speaker 5: I agree there, but I'm also taking Booker over.
Speaker 2: I have him in a similar spot to Williams and Johnson. I have both those guys above Campbell, but I have Campbell as one of my like he's top second round picks, so he'll probably end up in the mid twenties. If I had the guess, yeah.
Speaker 6: Walker's a better player.
Speaker 2: I agree, Walker's might LB one.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm wrong about that one.
Speaker 7: That's all good.
Speaker 2: He's out.
Speaker 3: Is that the player I had the best chance of being wrong about Walker.
Speaker 4: I I'm probably gonna be more wrong about Walker because he could go out there and do a little something and everybody's going to start tagging me. But I just think Walker does, pardon me, I think Campbell does. All the linebackers.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're not wrong about that. I just think I think Wasser's the flrd ceiling guy.
Speaker 4: That's my floor for sure. I just think Walker is a pass rusher. I think he's a defensive I think he's an age. He's just a small defensive event. I don't see him as a drop back and coverage dude or anything like that.
Speaker 3: But it's okay.
Speaker 4: I'll be wrong, that's cool. But if I'm right, and if I don't get fired from this and I come back next year, I'm letting y'all know.
Speaker 2: You've let y'all know what. We usually have a segment earlier where it's like, guys you were right about and guys you were wrong about. I give you like a whole segment would be like that, Derek, except you're like, man, you know, get him out of here. No, it's okay. Steve asked about actually I want to hear about Tommy's wipeouts.
Speaker 6: Wipeouts yet more more or less consensus hunter Carter Gent Graham Banks from Texas, McMillan, Baron, Tyler Warren from Penn State at the tight end, and then I've got.
Speaker 2: You would consider him as well just because of how good of a prospect he is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would, I would consider I wouldn't pick him, but I would consider I think that what he's able to do for you, just because of how good of a receiver he is at tight end. I don't know how good of an inline blocker he is, but just how athletic he is and how much he can do for an all. I mean, you saw him take snaps literally everywhere at Penn State quarterback, running back, wildcat offense. When you've got an athlete like that, I think it's worth a thought. But I wouldn't. I wouldn't take him out.
Speaker 2: That would be the one thing I have a question on is the blocking element of it. That's where Bowers differs. Like everybody's looking at Tyler Warren and they're saying, oh, he's Brock Bowers here in twenty five. That's not the case. Brock Bowers was a more complete tight end. But Tyler Warren's a damn good receive.
Speaker 3: As song as you're picking at twelve and you got fifteen names on the board, you're not going to get wiped out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just which is probably gonna be the case. Yeah, most likely.
Speaker 7: Noney, all y'all, none of y'all would have none of you mentioned him. I guess I haven't noticed enough to know if you guys care for him. None of y'all think Will Campbell would be in a wipeout. I think, Brian, I think Cambell, did you mention miss that I think Will Campbell's really I would I think I think Will Campbell's definitively a top ten player.
Speaker 5: I would see Campbell than Johnson Wiel.
Speaker 7: To me, like some of these scenarios where I said Will Campbell getting pushed down to twelve that some people are putting out there, which is not common. You're starting to see a little bit more of it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I would go a chum of the water right now. No, I'm Campbell.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying I could be talked in about his guards whip as your plug and play because Brian, Brian's just uh, he's adorable with his questions.
Speaker 2: Well, he's wearing purple, so I think it's only he walked in.
Speaker 7: Here smelling great too.
Speaker 2: We're talking about that earlier on Interesting. Yeah, a little picture.
Speaker 7: For this is why I got hohired from the Star.
Speaker 2: Right so, I think that there there needs to be a conversation about Will Campbell at twelve. Where would you play him first off, is your right guard of the future, and then you're keeping everything as is. I think what you tackle, I think so too. Yeah, I would put him at right tackle and ride.
Speaker 5: But I'm putting the mid left, and then you would flip your right and I'm lift.
Speaker 4: I'm living that second year lift tackle fight for his life, and we'll see where we go from there. I personally think that terror still is a little better than than guiding. But you know, maybe they want to save a little money by moving on from terrors. I don't know what the what the move is there, but I just don't see Campbell as a as a gardener. I think he's just a full blown tackle guy. He's a little high in the stands, but he's a He's a full.
Speaker 2: Blown tap gut of me. What do you think he's a tackle tackle?
Speaker 6: I think that the him and him and Banks are the two that you hear at the top of that tackle list that it's like, oh, there should be guards. I don't think either of them are guards. I think I think they're both.
Speaker 2: Tackling and tackle. Yeah, Brian thinks he's a guard.
Speaker 3: No, he's no Banks is. I think Will Campbell is. But you're you're not. I'm not going to take him over Simmons.
Speaker 5: Simmons is better, man.
Speaker 2: Y'all are high on Simmons. Simmons is Simmons Like I'm staying on business, on business, stay to your st trut r board. I still think Simmons is Bobby smiling man. It's not the second round, No, it's him.
Speaker 7: Say it's standing on business. I was thinking of PJ. Washington and he's been lately.
Speaker 2: Let's not talk about that. Okay, let's not talk about it all right. Back to Steve's questions here on Twitter on the twenty what each of you name a running back or a corner that you would be okay with on Day three if you don't go with either one of those spots in the first three rounds. Which is that would be a wipeout scenario for me, is if Dallas leaves the first three rounds without taking a run back or a corner. But what are some of your Day three guys that you would possibly have an eye on?
Speaker 4: Every single running back that me and Brian have been watching. I say me and Brian because we do a show every night, we haven't seen a guy that we know every night yeah, the doing all right, go check it out on YouTube. But we we've just been watching running backs and they may fall in different rounds in a round, you know, three four five, but we'll take all of them to some extent. Like I've talked about a lot of edges that I just don't like, right, there's not a running back that we don't like, even my even this, this group of Devin Neils.
Speaker 5: Brooks none guy.
Speaker 2: Is that a problem?
Speaker 4: I think this is a good ass group of backs. That good of a group it could be a problem or are.
Speaker 2: We just not being selective enough on running back?
Speaker 4: The problem is cowboys might overthink this since the end of overthinking, and they may go, well, we don't need Hampton at forty four. If he's there, we'll just take my none guy in the field for something like that.
Speaker 5: I don't want that to happen.
Speaker 4: But on Kylen guy, I love that's the I think this is a fantastic cross key mirror over him. Frosty Mayor from Arizona is a dude. Martinez is a dude. Scatter boat. People like them a little more and not like him, but.
Speaker 7: He's yeah, terrible.
Speaker 4: Know, Well, I'll text people, uh f Tome Darns and and and and and too. Like, we've watched twenty four running backs and we like them all, so uh, pick a running back, and I don't have a bad thing to saying.
Speaker 3: The last guy on my board is a kid named Mullins from Michigan, and I have him in the fifth round and I would still I would draft him, absolutely draft him. But you talk about like they're to me. The fascinating group is comparing, And the question is a really good one because if I take my fourth round runners and comparing my fourth round corners, that's pretty I think I could go a little bit further with my runners. But my fourth round corners Repairish from Kansas State, Riley from Louisville, Huzzy from North Carolina. All those guys can play Nickel by the way, Strong from Virginia Tech is in there, dots in Bryant, Kansas, Alexander Lsu. I take those guys. But my fourth round, my fourth round runners, James Neil Giddons at N Brooks, Martinez toutten, that's a good group of guys too. So yeah, it's I think both those positions, I think I think there's on Day three you could actually the the runners, the linebackers and the corners might be all in play that that you can probably make that thing stretch a little but and probably defensive end.
Speaker 2: So which one you said you feel more confident in your running running backs on day three than you do your corners or is it about the.
Speaker 5: Same Take the take the corner first?
Speaker 3: Wotch do this for me? James Oregon, Neil Kansas, Gettings, Kansas State or Perish, Kansas State, Riley, Louisville, Hussey, North Carolina.
Speaker 5: I'm going with that group of running running backs for sure.
Speaker 7: I think two of those three corners are not going to be there on day three.
Speaker 3: Which one do you think?
Speaker 7: Parish right Parish like them?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think I think Parish and Riley are gone on the third.
Speaker 3: So probably around low on the runners and corners are just the corners.
Speaker 7: The runners are just so jump It's the ice cream question you always ask about, Like, I think, there are just so many of them. It depends on how people prioritize them. But no, I mean, I think it's possible those guys could any one of those guys could still be there on day three. It's just it's I have no idea how teams are gonna stack them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then the running backs may may fall just because they're running backs, and you know, corners more premium, I guess, so even if you have a fourth on those guys, they may go go third just because they are corners.
Speaker 7: The first the first name I thought of when we were talking running back and corner here was, for example, like when you say day three, Devin Neils, who I thought of like as being a guy who could potentially be there in like fifth round. That's really but again, somebody may like him, somebody may like them.
Speaker 3: I got him in the fourth.
Speaker 6: I have a late third on him. If you if you get him on day three, I think you're you're setting yourself up pretty well. I think he's one of the better receiving backs in the class.
Speaker 7: That's a bell Coow too.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Other other day three got Jordan James from Oregon. Of him Brishard smith S MU got him in the third. Yeah, I think I think he's pretty good too. And then at that corner spot, a guy I know Bobby's a big fan of his, Jacob Parrish. I think he would fit perfectly into that that slot corner position that you're looking for.
Speaker 3: There's three corners I think that can all play that. I think you could plug him in. Parish is one of them. I think Riley at Louisville, and then we mentioned Hussey from North Carolina. North Carolina.
Speaker 7: Agree with all that Lewis replacement. I think Parish looks a ton like Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree. Now, the good news is that we're naming guys that we all like that are probably going to be available whenever they have the two fifth round picks and the sixth round picks and a couple sevens, and then that's not even the case. If they tried and trade up and package some of those selections, I will back into the fourth.
Speaker 4: I would love if I would love if they try to get a four because I think the four is going to be rich this year.
Speaker 5: That's where I think the fourth round is going to be rich.
Speaker 4: Thish, I agree with you, and I think some of these guys that we're looking at as like third like, some of those guys just gonna kind of, you know, fall there. But you know, if if you can get a guy, you know, we just had a we just had to talk about our tackle from Kentucky. There, right, Walker Walker, All the news is weird, strange, all his back is broke, Okay, whatever, that's why he wasn't good to see it. But if he can be that first round talent type dude that we watch on films sometimes, right, if you can get that dude in the fourth round and figure it out, I think you just see that slam dunk at the top of the four.
Speaker 2: Fourth round pick. That would be awesome because you're talking about traits, talking about ceiling, you're talking about everything you need. But you're not wasting one of those three picks. And I wouldn't say wasting it. That's probably a harsh term, sure, but you're not taking a premium top one hundred risky investment risking the investment. There go, that's a great way to put it. You go by taking Walk.
Speaker 3: Kember, Okay, if you're in the fourth go for it Himber Collins from Texas.
Speaker 2: I would go with Collins.
Speaker 4: Collins is a better dude, and I don't have questions about his back or why his scene.
Speaker 2: But if you're talking about higher ceiling, if we're going back to that conversation, Walker's probably has.
Speaker 4: Walker has that Walker some If you make a highlight tape. He could be a first round type dude with his highlight tape. Yeah, but his downs are weird, Like, oh wow, I just looked at it. I've got Collins and Walker touching tags.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: But Collins is above.
Speaker 4: Them some some some plays Walker makes, Collins couldn't couldn't Dare make them. So that's where that risk comes in. Man, hey man, what's wrong with your back?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 5: Why why did the Senior Bowl look like this?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 4: This is a prime example of what of what the private visit thing situation, thirty visit or whatever. He should be a prime thirty visit guy.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 12: Bro?
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 5: What happened to senior? Bro? But let me what's going on with your back?
Speaker 4: And if and if you get good answers out of that and he interviews okay, and he just pops up in the fourth and you just start thinking about that first round looking film. Look at these highlights saying that that first round looking film. I just smiled thinking about Dion Walker as a first round looking guy as your fourth round pick.
Speaker 2: And Tommy, you you talked to Alfred Collins on the way was it Senior Bowl or combine combine. So on the way to the combine, you talked to al Ford Collins and the Cowboys met with him formally. I mean, did you get a pretty good indication of maybe where he would fit in with this team, most likely over a guy like Dion Walker.
Speaker 6: You know, he's not a big interview guy. He's kind of short with his answers. But you know, when you look at Collins, I think it's kind of similar to the conversation that you have with Dion Walker in the sense of there's so much upside there. But the thing that worries me about Collins is that that's been his whole career at Texas is, Hey, we're banking on this guy because he has so much room to grow and he's got so much upside, and he got better each year that he went along, and his last year at Texas was by far his best year. But it feels like he still hasn't really reached what people thought that he would, just in terms of what he's able to do with how athletic he was and how big he was. I think he looks like a million bucks. I mean, he takes up a lot of space there in the middle and you know he improved in rushing the passer and can plug up the run really well. Texted a good job on the interior that this past year. But can he take that next step? I think that's always been the question with Alfred Collins, and it's going to be an even bigger one as he goes to the NFL. Is can he take that next step and be kind of everything guy in the middle of the D line.
Speaker 7: I'm always like, I will always take a chance on somebody with Alfred Collins size, like the Measurables, the Traders, and then somebody who plays as hard as he does, like that he is a he's a motor guy. He doesn't he doesn't take stuff off like I felt like there were times like Dion Walker would take off. Yeah, And so for me probably yeah, yeah, from just carrying Kentucky everywhere. But uh, I think Alfred Collins, like Collins is, those are two guys that both having the third but like Walker's bottom of third, Collins is at the top of that list on the stack. And so for me, I think Collins is somebody who absolutely if you want to throw something there in the third round and see if it'll work out, those are traits and effort and motor and everything else that I think are worth banking on.
Speaker 2: I agree, No, I like it good discussion because they've taken their time looking at these defensive tackles. They've started looking at interior defensive and I think when we get to thirty visit time, like you said, Walker is a prime possibility there, I wouldn't be surprised to see his name on that list. That list is not available yet, nor the reports really started yet, but he he could be on that list moving forward. All right, when we come back, I want to talk a little bit about the thought process whenever it gets to got my rundown right here.
Speaker 3: Pro days.
Speaker 2: Pro Day's coming up here in a moment. Some of the bigger schools have already done some pro days. How much does it really play a factor on your board? How much does it change things? And who needs a Pro Day to get started in the right direction. More to come on the Draft show right after this.
Speaker 12: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 2: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 14: Star Sports Tools is the only efficient fan travel part that the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and odes with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 8: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 7: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 8: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge, Smoothie King has the fuel to.
Speaker 5: Help you go all out.
Speaker 8: Build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients in the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 13: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets? As we cheer for the star on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets that, along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 2: Is The Dallascowboys dot Com Draft show, Sorry Cowboys Nation. Dallas Cowboys United, presented by Globe Life is now exclusively in the Dallas Cowboys App. Join the official Fan Club today to receive access to all the new Cowboys drop feature, team news, pre sale access, and fan and kid of the game. Download the app now to join alongside Tommy Yash, Brian Prattess, Fox Lombardi with Bobby Belts and Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. Glad you're with us. Just got through with some twitter on the twenty I missed the one here, guys. Caesar wanted to know about trading back and trying to possibly pick up that fourth rounder. You're all good with that? Then you can maybe take a chance on a guy like a Mason Taylor second round something like that. Is you cool with that?
Speaker 7: Yep? I'm all about picking Mason Taylor, whatever it takes in the second Can I take I had I take, I had Mason Taylor rival interview with you?
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 7: Can I take part in the Mason Taylor rival interview? Come on?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 5: We can make it happen when his family come through.
Speaker 2: Bobby's on the bus hanging out. Bobby's a big fan of Mason Taylor plays just.
Speaker 7: Wearing out Almonds texts all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love it, all right.
Speaker 2: Pro days have continued on and the pro Day schedule is running down the list at the moment. You kind of said this in the break watch, but I want the I want the people to hear it. Yeah, how much do you care about Prodasky?
Speaker 5: About it.
Speaker 4: You know, uh, you know, everybody runs a little faster, you know.
Speaker 2: That thirty eight yard downhill dash that Brian likes to talk about.
Speaker 4: This is what's important, right If we hear oh x y Z cowboy coach, is that this proda to look at x y Z play like that means a little something. But if it's about a player moving faster, or hey look at those drills, or look at Johnny Manziel throwing in shorts and a helmet, I don't really care about the protein in particularly. So I'll wait for my you know, cowboy friends to you know, tweet about him like, hey, this is this coach was here and I'd be like, oh, well that coach was there. That means something. But the actual pro day doesn't move anything. It doesn't move anything.
Speaker 5: On my board.
Speaker 2: And I think that's a great point because that is something that you got to take advantage of. Is where you see those guys end up. We've talked about it. I know, Brian, you were very high on this when it happened. But when dan Quinn was hitting the road and he was at each of these pro days.
Speaker 3: It seemed to draft a lot of guys with dan Quinn was at pro.
Speaker 2: Dage exactly, and you can kind of get to that point again this year. I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's something you have to be very mindful of that. Will McClay has an interesting job. He's trying to make scout's happy. Coach is happy, and the jones is happy, and it's a difficult job to do. And if you know, if there's kind of a question between two players, they tend to side with the coaches on some of these guys. So I would keep an eye an eye on where some of these coaches are working, and especially not I mean if your offensive coordinator goes somewhere, or your defensive corneror goes somewhere cool, you get a position coach roll into one of these pro days, keep an eye on that guy.
Speaker 2: So you think it's more important to see where the position coaches go. Position coach, not necessarily scouts or anybody like that. The scouts are always going to go, That's what I thought. Scouts are always going to go. Scouts are always going to go to get the numbers, get the measurables. Because there was a lot of love last week Texas A or East Texas A and m has an edge rusher out there that a lot of players and draft nuts out there are really interested in. Chris Hall was first in front and Chris Hall that's his area, that's where he's at.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he's going to If they send a coach in there to work that player out, then you then now really pay attention. Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's also the Pro Days a lot of times when you talk to people in personnel and Brian, I don't know if this is your experience.
Speaker 3: But Dallas stays really good for them. Yes, it is guys without having to go out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it's it's good also on the front for just intel for like when they're on when they're when they're there at the workout, maybe they can talk to a strength coach or a position coach something who when they're in the middle of the season didn't feel like giving up too much different is now willing to talk about something with you about a guy. So I think a lot of times there is you will see a little bit of margins that you can pick up in terms of intel or insight from the school and people that work there when you go to the Pro Days, as opposed to what you would have gotten in the fall.
Speaker 2: Is there any of that for guys, especially in this day and age of college football, where you have the transferred portal and you have so many guys skipping school. I mean, one of the guys we've talked about is Walter Nolan, right, and from Texas A and M. Didn't have the best reputation from college station, goes to Old Miss, had a good season. Now he's getting drafted out of Old Miss. Can you go to Texas A and M's pro day and ask about what Walter Nolan did? I remember, I'm in Texas A and M.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I remember going to Johnny Manziel's pro day at Texas A and M. And this is when Jimbo Fisher was the coach and I talked to him about all the Florida State players. I didn't ask him about one Texas A and M player, and he was He's like, he goes, man, he goes, he goes, I really am glad you did this. He goes, I'm learning these A and M kids. He goes, but I know those kids down in Tallahassee and they had a bunch of them, and he was able to kind of fill me in from a head coaching perspective of like who he thought could really play, who were good kids who you might have to kick in the butt to kind of get going. But sometimes you could. You could catch a coach that's been somewhere else and at a pro day and really learned a lot about that team because he's not there anymore, you know.
Speaker 6: So it helps.
Speaker 2: And remember there's a proda going across the board here starting tomorrow. The Big twelve is doing there day from here, and there's a lot of names on that list that you could possibly look at. No, there is no Tetoro at McMillan working out. He's already done his own definition, so he's not doing that. But you've got a lot of names from Arizona, Arizona State, Baylor BYU, those the schools Colorado as.
Speaker 7: A Jalen working out.
Speaker 2: Uh, let me see Iowa State up he should be. I'm looking at the list state wide receiver. He is not working out at Big twelve. Yeah, he's not. So, I mean you can find the whole list on the Big twelve website. There were allowed to go watch that. I can get you credentially, you want.
Speaker 7: One, got to get it through the Big twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The Big twel Yeah, it's the Big twelve specific Okay, I just was curious if we were allowed to watch.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you want if you want to snatch credentially good.
Speaker 2: I actually think it's open to the public too.
Speaker 3: Oh wow cool. I think it's free admission and open to the public. So are the cowboys running it as they're hosting? Are they getting no?
Speaker 2: All Big Twelve?
Speaker 7: It's all so yeah. I mean last year when they had it up here, it was run just like a normal pro day. But like when it's funny the guy who ran.
Speaker 3: It's like, Sanders isn't throwing here.
Speaker 7: Right, Sanders was supposed to be here. I don't know if he's working out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, he's on the list to be there, and so I wonder because I thought maybe that that his his quarter is OC would probably run the workout for him.
Speaker 7: I have not been blinded by the glimmer of his chain yet though, So I don't know if he's actually made it to Frisco yet.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it yet. No, uh no. Travis hunter By the way, if you're wondering about should Sanders, Travis Hunters not on the list in terms of workouts, So I mean Shou is on the list, which means he could possibly do it, But I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's is the Big twelve flying in all these kids for this.
Speaker 6: On the screw.
Speaker 7: I don't remember what the arrangement is. So they did the first one last year, and I mean it was it was cool. There were a lot of people from NFL ops here. Roman Ovin was here, they and I mean there were a ton of scouts.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 7: It was productive. Yeah, but yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Just down the line kids then who were talking.
Speaker 7: I mean last year there was TJ. Tampa was here, Okay. I mean you had some guys who went in like the second third round who were running okay, cool. Yeah, and I mean they're running forties out there.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: Probably not the first round names, but good. Everybody else is good. Too much ope in there and you can watch a little bit of it on the NFL network in NFL streaming apps, is what it says here on the release. So lots of pro days still to be had, Tommy, have you gotten any kind of indication on where Dallas would be looking or some of the different guys across the board coaching staff, where they've they've been already through these first couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: Well one of the ones that I know, O'Brien said, you know, coordinators and you kind of you kind of hold off a little bit on that. But Matty Eberflus, it seems like was that Georgia according to a couple of reports. And so you know, we talked about Michael Williams a little bit earlier.
Speaker 3: You know, might could be he might have been there working out Walk or the linebacker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that they play that had an LB on his chest by the way, so well of.
Speaker 4: Course they got to give him something, you know, I mean, it wasn't the edge E DG. Probably didn't even fit, so.
Speaker 2: You put LB.
Speaker 6: But either either one of those, really, I think, you know, you can look at Mattiberflus's past and how he's used this kinds of players in his defense. I mean, in the Chicago there's Montes Sweat coming off the edge. He's much bigger than you know, Michael Williams or Jalen Walker. But you drive it back at TJ. Edwards and blanking on his name, not Tremaine Edmonds, as a couple of guys that he had in that linebacker corps. He's got his three technique. You know, so Diggi zeuwis So, now do you wonder if he's maybe thinking, Okay, how do I build around that? And do Mike hil Williams and or and or Jalen Walker fit the build for what they're looking for? And then there's a couple into your guys Georgia too, I mean Tyre and Ingram Dawkins. Yeah, is a guy maybe later on in the draft Day three that you can that you can consider there at defensive tackle. So there's some guys down there. I mean, you know, Georgia just cranks out those those defenders, and you know you always scout the player and not the helmet. But I think George's track record should prove that those guys get developed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coming up over it in the next two days. I mean today you've got Oregon, South Carolina. Those are two schools that are having some big names in the draft. Alabama is tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Okay, here, We'm gonna ask you a quick question before we get out of here. Huh, you're sending your defensive line coach to go work out at one place? You send him to Oregon or South Carolina?
Speaker 7: Oregon?
Speaker 3: Oregon? Really?
Speaker 2: I think I would say South Carolina. I want to I want to know about t J. Sanders, a couple of those other guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, probably Oregon, probably because.
Speaker 5: Oregon is Birch birt Will.
Speaker 2: Harmonyod, a couple of little edge or a little interior defensive line talk though at South Carolina. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Oregon to you get, I mean, you get two of them?
Speaker 7: Are three of them?
Speaker 4: Because because because plays both, that's three. That's three ore you got yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, go party.
Speaker 2: Where would you send them? Brian Oregon, Oregon. I'm I'm on an island. That's okay, all right? The uh whenever you look at some of these other ones. You got cal They've got a couple of defensive backs that we've talked about.
Speaker 3: A corner you need, I mean corner, a linebacker. They got a corner an Canon, Yeah, you need.
Speaker 2: Michigan's on the twenty first, Florida State on the twenty first, Missouri on the twenty first. Then there's a ton of them the twenty fourth and twenty fifth. I mean, let's just go down the list. Auburn, Boston College, Iowa, East Carolina. If you want to know about revel and kind of what his injury issue. He probably's not gonna run, right, you don't think, God, I wish.
Speaker 4: Texas probably just gonna have his own day, right because they got fifteen.
Speaker 2: March twenty fifth. Yeah, yep, so they've got their own date or comedy. You're working on there, working on it, working on getting down there. I got to pick up Texas. You're watching.
Speaker 3: Please pick up the phone, please.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's called you a couple of times. Twenty fourth you've got SMU, North Carolina, Miami on that list too. I mean that's twenty fourth and twenty fifth, those are big days. Twenty sixth, you've got Ohio State, LSU is the twenty sixth as well, Boise State. If you want to hear about Ashton genty and how great he looks, because he'll look incredible, no doubt. Twenty seventh, Texas A and m Notre Dame, Florida. But yeah, so just so you know, all of this is available online. You can go look at the entire list yourself. But just to keep in mind, Pro Days are around the corner. We'll have some stuff on the big twelve Pro Day coming up Thursday. But again it's gonna be our one month out mock, so we'll have a full first round mock for you on Monday or excuse me, on Thursday. Excited about that gets you ready for the final month push into the NFL Draft. That's gonna do it for us today though for Tommy Arish, Brian brought us Fox, Lombardi, Bobby Belt, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the draft show. We will see you on Thursday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.