Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Jetty. A friend of mine just sent me a picture.
Speaker 1: She's working with little kids today for something. I don't remember what, but anyway, the little kids, kindergarteners are dressed up in western clothes for this little educational presentation they're doing. And I just saw a picture of these little five year old boys and girls in like cowboy boots and cowboy hats and stuff like that. It's about the freaking cutest thing in the world. And it reminded me. My son is an eighth grader, my youngest, and he was he volunteered to be some sort of youth leader thing on this field trip the other day for the little kids, and so he was responsible for a group of these little kids, showing them around and keeping track of them and making sure they could get their lunch box open or whatever the heck it was throughout the day, and he was exhausted.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day. He was talking about he said, little kids their innocence.
Speaker 1: I thought that was funny. From a fourteen year old Tennis. It's just their innocence is so nice. He said, But they're exhausting. I said, yes, yes, they are. Little kids are exhausting.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 4: That sounds like something my son would have done back and did do back in the day. Little kids just flocked to him for whatever reason. A gentle giant syndrome, I guess. Anyway, I thought you when you were describing the kids dressed as cowboys that what it was going to remind you of was not that, but of the colonial settler mistreatment of the native peoples in America.
Speaker 3: There was plenty of that.
Speaker 4: They got dressed up in mistreated native peoples, the little kids.
Speaker 3: I don't approve that.
Speaker 1: And we're talking the other day about people who watch various YouTube videos and stuff like that, like I don't know, yes, skateboard crashes or whatever it is. I've seen a couple on TV lately. I need to get an algorithm feed of going of this cute little kid stuff because I always loved that they had one up on TV. Today, I guess it's gone viral for you know, five minutes before the next one comes along.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: They're trying to set this baby up on the bed and take a picture. The baby keeps falling over and smiling, and it's just the cutest damn thing.
Speaker 4: Oh that's sweet, that's nice, not nearly sweet or nice. My favorite judicial descent of all time. We will share more of that with you coming up. And clods are rather unfortunate phrase, but it's a useful rhetorical device among other things. But first, it's the Friday tradition. Let's take a fond look back at the week there was. It's cow clips of the Week, Judge swings and missus and Annalie has.
Speaker 3: Pulled off a stunner. You're welcome, USA. We were thinking of you guys, come undone. Oh my god, he's doing it.
Speaker 5: The idea of not getting enough protein that really reminds me of toxic masculinity.
Speaker 6: Gemma is one of my.
Speaker 3: Favorite snakes in sneak Yoga. It's just a different vibe as a visionary. I know, success is not born overnight, something that you love that's not family or friends. I love trans children, you know.
Speaker 4: But for me, nobody's just standing up for ideals, striking out against injustice and to fails my wife.
Speaker 1: Each day we're told by those in half is to fear each other and to turn on each other free.
Speaker 3: Basically, shut the film, do your art, and shut up.
Speaker 6: Since the killing of aon Tolas, how many Iran is reportedly naming his successor, we.
Speaker 7: Know the new so called not so supreme leader is wounded and likely disfigured.
Speaker 3: What did he pick the wrong week to be a nepo baby?
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to brag, but you know they said this about a lot of things.
Speaker 3: No, as the president could do some of this shit I'm doing.
Speaker 5: As you could see black smoke rising from the horizon in tiff Ron, people on the ground even describing it as raining oil.
Speaker 1: The national average for a gallon of gas now at three dollars fifty nine cents.
Speaker 3: The Russians said that they have not been sharing. That's that's what they said. So let's hope that they're not sharing.
Speaker 1: You just said it is a little jurgon and you said it is a worse, so which one is? As well as vote officials said, lives were saved when ROTC students jumped in and subdued the shooter and.
Speaker 3: Rendered him no longer alive.
Speaker 4: Investigators say this man drove into the synagogue in West Bloomfield, Michigan.
Speaker 7: Got through the wall and then just drove right down the hallway.
Speaker 5: And the Jewish community suffers ten times the number of hate crimes than any other community in this country.
Speaker 3: So it is an epidemic.
Speaker 1: It's clips of.
Speaker 3: The wing or a horrible week, depends which clips you want to focus on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kudos again the Senator Slotkin of Mississippi there with her anti anti Semitism screed, very nice.
Speaker 3: And Gretchen Whittmer too.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard her speech, but I heard it was a hum dinger and was pretty direct. So good good, Let's see do we have will squeeze this in then live team coverage of the big foot attacks in Ohio attacks, Well, not yet, but there will be attacks on enough.
Speaker 1: I'm getting ahead of the story. Bigfoot attacks would be a lead story somewhere, you'd think, all right, So again, this is not intentionally shocking. I actually think this is brilliant writing. I wish we had time for the whole thing. Like every judicial ruling and dissent and everything is very very long in cites millions of cases and precedents that layman don't understand. But the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals denied a full hearing in a case that they absolutely should have, and Judge Van Dijke, my new hero, is not pleased at all. And here the spells out the facts. This is a case about swinging dis Yeah. I know, the Christian owners of Olympus SPA traditional Korean women only nude SPA understandably don't want them in their spa. They're female employees, and female clients don't want them in their spa either, But Washington State insists on them, and now so does the Ninth Circuit. You may think that swinging dicks shouldn't appear in a judicial opinion.
Speaker 3: You're not wrong.
Speaker 4: But as much as you might understandably be shocked and displeased to merely encounter that phrase in this opinion, I hope you can all agree that it's far more jarring for the unsuspecting and exposed women at Olympus SPA, some as young as thirteen years old, to be visually as by this the real thing. Sometimes it feels like the supposed adults in the room have collectively lost their minds. Woke regulators and complicit judges seem entirely willing, even eager, to ignore the consequences that they're Frankenstein's social experiments.
Speaker 3: Impose on real women and young girls.
Speaker 4: Yet if harmful and unfortunate consequences, where all this case was about, we'd have to shrug and say, that's what comes with living in a democracy. Unless the constitution is implicated, we get what we voted for, good and hard, which is a paraphrase of hl Mankin, which I appreciate very much. And then he gets into the actual laws involved and explains how the anti discrimin antidiscrimination laws in Washington State have been completely misinterpreted by the court in a bizarre way, and they grant all sorts of exceptions, and this clearly ought to be another one, and that this is so clearly a free exercise in a private space's case, and he explains Olympus Spas are traditional Korean women only nude spa that is owned and operated by a family of theologically conservative Christians in Washington States. Olympus SPA has operated in Washington for more than twenty years and is the only Korean spa in the state. First centuries centuries, traditional Korean spas have provided treatment to women in female only spaces, full nudity is central to the tradition, and every woman is required to be completely nude when using Olympus Spa. Wild nude women collect in this common steam room, soak in the common pool, and are given body scrubs in the open by female employees. Girls as young as thirteen ten the spas with their mothers participating together in this traditional cultural practice. And then you know, you can guess the rest. Some confused dude says I'm a woman because I say I'm a woman fully clearly a male, and demands the right to walk around naked in that space, and the State of Washington, and the Ninth Circuit Court says, yeah, you gotta let him. The adults have collectively lost their minds.
Speaker 3: I'm a justice.
Speaker 1: Van Dyke says, pretty surprised there's a justice on the Ninth Circuit Court that has those views. I don't know who appointed him or how he ended up there, but.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there are actually several theres just aren't enough to stop their lunacy most of the time.
Speaker 1: Also, there are just so many things. I'm a lawyer, never wanted to be one. There's just so many things where I just don't know why. You just can't just say cause cause you can't have a guy walking around naked in front of thirteen year old girls.
Speaker 4: Why because next case, don't be effing ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Next case, Yeah, because obviously next case. Oh my god, I don't even want to get into some of the arguments. You're right, it ought to be as simple as that. The fact that this guy is a man who I identifies as a female, has twice been married to women and remain sexually attracted to women.
Speaker 4: He's a psycho who had his genitals cut up. Well he still has genitals, I think. Yeah, this period of our insane recent past is coming to a close, and the Ninth Circuit Court had a chance to say, yeah, yeah, that all was crazy and we should have said and they didn't.
Speaker 3: But thank you.
Speaker 4: Just as van Dyke my hero, I don't even know if it's a him or her. I would guess it's a hymn. But I'm going to find out what Judge Van Dyke looks like and get his face tattooed on my chest.
Speaker 3: Is my show of support.
Speaker 1: And as we know, anything said on this show is ironclad.
Speaker 3: So yes, yes, absolutely so.
Speaker 1: There's no wriggling out of that. You will be getting the face tattooed this weekend.
Speaker 4: Wait, face tattoo, no chest tattoo of a face right? Yes, yes, several fatal bigfoot attacks in Ohio will highlight goverment.
Speaker 3: I decided to up the any there and other stuff on the way.
Speaker 1: Stay here, yo yo, I'm gonna watch one of the Oscar nominated movies this weekend.
Speaker 3: I'll talk about that later coming.
Speaker 4: Six reported bigfoot sightings in northeast Ohio within four days that you can't ignore that it's an o B a onslaught of bigfoots. Big feet images resembling the mythical sasquatch have been circulating in northeast Ohio drawings, eyewitness drawings as There have been six reported sightings in a small part of a wooded area, small wooded area near Mantua and Garrettsville, southeast of Cleveland, Ohio.
Speaker 1: So when they see him, is he always doing that kind of walk where he looks to the side and one always fake jack?
Speaker 3: This is real.
Speaker 4: The Bigfoot Society, a podcast and online community dedicated to collecting eye witness accounts of sasquatch encounters, said it has received six separate reports from that area. It is described the cluster as a possible flap, a term used in cryptozoology for multiple sightings within a short time.
Speaker 3: It's normal for there to.
Speaker 8: Be bigfoot sightings all over the US, but it's not normal to have multiple sightings in a small area within a short time of day's, said Jeremiah Byron, host of the Bigfoot Society podcast, which I've got to start listening to.
Speaker 3: I'm like today, he's walking on two feet. That ain't no bird. Right. That was a bigfoot sighting in northern California. Right, feel like.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna listen to the sun I'm gonna listen to that podcast this afternoon. That's a good Friday check out of the news sort of thing, the Bigfoot Podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or was that in Alabama? Michael? That the guy he was talking about, he had beautiful her Yeah, it might have been Alabama. It doesn't sound like a California No, he doesn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, clearly so, according to summary is shared by the organization the Reported Encounters. Oh, you know, I'm sorry, I got to get to this quote. If you're in the area, keep your eyes open and maybe your door is locked, because there could be a big foot in your general vicinity, said one poster to the group.
Speaker 3: Your door's locked. Do they want to come out your house?
Speaker 4: If you've got a nine foot tall man ape careening around the countryside, it's going to come through that door like me through one of my kids. You know, I don't know building block forts. Please all right, here are your sightings. March sixth, the witnesses described to brown approximately nine foot tall figures seen outdoors.
Speaker 3: That's a BFS right there.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: Here's forehead was just like lining your wow. Think about it.
Speaker 4: The next day Katie a reported brown eight foot tall figure, along with alleged footprints and d grunts.
Speaker 3: Mmmm, clearly bigfoot. Those those are the grunts there.
Speaker 4: March ninth. Two days later, a reported black eight foot tall figure. March ninth, the separate account of a black ten foot tall figure said to be accompanied by a heavy musky odor.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, I uh, I should get some sort of ape costume and go to Central Washington. This should be my retirement plan. I will pay for it. If you just play, just for something, just for something to do.
Speaker 4: I will your suit and your travel costs. Yes, willingly write that check.
Speaker 1: My concern would be somebody shoots me and decides they want to Oh my god, oh my god, let him escape. This is a moment that science will never forgive me.
Speaker 3: If I don't.
Speaker 4: I can't capture Hi because he's nine feet tall. I gotta I gotta shoot him. Oh, that would be terrible, what with his musky odor. Later, after the heavy musky odor makes it a shower Bigfoot, a witness reported seeing a brown, roughly six foot tall figure, perhaps Bigfoot junior, about one hundred feet away through a window.
Speaker 3: That's a much smaller Bigfoot. That's a dude in a suit. Yeah, I don't know. It could be his offspring. That's a hairy guy.
Speaker 4: And then March tenth in account described an eight to ten foot tall, large black shadow said not to resemble a bear.
Speaker 3: Oh now he's a shadow figure. That's no bear. Fix in what period of time?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Four days? I think four days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've got pictures of him and he's very large. Would you would empty both your bladder and your bowels if you were to come upon this beast in the water?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, if I saw a ten foot man thing musky ordered, I would I'd lose my mud. Sure, But I just particularly, I just don't think they exist. What's the name?
Speaker 4: Oh, and it appears to be heavily muscled too, in the manner of most great apes.
Speaker 3: What's the name of the podcast? I think it's the Bigfoot Podcast. That's a good name for it.
Speaker 4: I uh, it's easily remembered the Bigfoot Society podcast.
Speaker 3: I will seek that out today. People are tuning out of us right now to go check that out. This was a terrible idea.
Speaker 1: But so are these people kind of like the flat earth crowd, like it's all with a kind of a fun joke or are they serious about it? Of course, the flatness guy I know, the flat earth guy I know is completely serious.
Speaker 3: So he's mentally ill.
Speaker 1: I saw him yesterday. He gave me the side eye because I'd been talking about him on the radio.
Speaker 4: So, oh boy, all right, this was Joe saying that Jack Jack oh me for suggesting.
Speaker 3: Fully on board the earth is obviously flat. Yeah.
Speaker 4: My son wrote a song called Sasquatchuary. It's like a metal song with cookie monster vocals, so you can't really understand the words, but he showed me the words and they're hilariously funny, and I'm like, why do you like growl at? So people can't understand it. That's just that's doll a metal Dad, gotcha.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll update you on a few things coming up. Stay here, Armstrong and Getty, And.
Speaker 7: Finally, the New York Giants this week signed a three year, twelve point three million dollar deal with a new punter, which is expensive for a punter, but it's the Giant, so he'll play a lot.
Speaker 1: I got a whole bunch of little items are going to go through here, just so I can erase them out of my phone.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 1: This one, though, a marine expeditionary unit with twenty two hundred marines aboard three US Navy amphibious ships is being ordered to the Middle East, according to two US officials. That's being reported all over the place. So we got twenty two hundred marines headed to the Middle East. Is that disclosing troop movements?
Speaker 3: That's a good question right there, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: Running through some other items, This actually happened yesterday, but Representative Jim Kleibern, a powerhouse of South Carolina politics, announced he is running for an eighteenth term. He's eighty five years old running, but every interview I've ever seen with him, he seems as sharp as ever.
Speaker 4: So he can't knock conn in a fully well, he's sharp at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's that we have him to thank for, Joe Biden. I was talking about this ambulance bill I got hit with. Oh yeah, so family member had to go to uh well riding in an ambulance. I won't get into the details.
Speaker 3: I got hit with.
Speaker 1: The bill is almost five thousand dollars. There's four thy seven hundred and some dollars almost five thousand dollars that insurance doesn't cover, or insurance covered all, but that I don't even know how it works in neither do you, and neither does anybody else. And how could this possibly be?
Speaker 3: Bean? What is the point of medical insurance that.
Speaker 1: Doesn't cover the five thousand dollars ambulance ride or part of it? And I know you don't want to get into the particulars, but it's not like said transportee was hemorrhaging or no right anyway, So I got this text. I should have applied this. It's too late for me. Now, don't pay the ambulance bill.
Speaker 3: Fight it.
Speaker 1: I got a fourteen thousand dollars ambulance bill. Insurance paid over eight thousand dollars of it of the fourteen thousand, but the provider wanted me to.
Speaker 3: Pay the other six.
Speaker 1: I fought it at the Board of Supervisors meeting and they let it go. What they're doing is they're charging you to cover the costs of everyone who can't or won't pay the hope they hit you with the maximum, hoping you'll just pay it, which I did like a dummy. But you can, you know, just say no and they'll take less. But that's a sucky system. And I'm always worried about it. I like everybody else. I'm always worried about it being turned over to a collection agency, which is their threat. And then you got a ding on your credit and.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants that, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that might be more costly than the money you save, depending on your circumstance.
Speaker 1: Five thousand freaking dollars. Jesus, there's a lot of money. We have experienced this recently. We need to buy a little computer for the show for reasons that we'll get into right now, and ended up being way more expensive than we thought it was going to be.
Speaker 3: Bloomberg had this story.
Speaker 1: Your tech is about to get more expensive because of the AI demand out there. There is a historic memory chip shortage. The tech giants are buying up all the chips out there, and so anything you want to buy that has memory, laptop, gaming consoles, smartphones, everything prices going up a lot. For instance, it's computer we have to buy for the show was twice what we thought it was going to be because of this whole chip shortage that's going on in America or the world.
Speaker 4: Really, you know, I just read that airline tickets have some of them have doubled in recent weeks because of the you know, the conflicts with ran and the straight so hover moves and the rest of it. Yeah, so if you got a trip, maybe book it now. I don't know if it's going to keep going up or what.
Speaker 1: So this has been exciting for those of us in California. And I'm pretty sure I saw it yesterday. This massive submarine hunter has been circling over California for days to great big giant plane. This is after the doomsday plane was spotted. I'm positive I saw that the other day. So the flying White House that they have in case Trump or any president needs to run the country from the sky and be safe from nuclear attack. That plane was flying around. They're just you know, making sure it's you know, the throttle linkage has been oiled up, and all these different sorts of things. And then this submarine hunter that is keeping a lookout for any sort of submarine that could launch Iranian drones has been flying up and down California, keeping an eye on the water. And I know I saw it yesterday too. Starting to get a WW two feel. I know people who are really into planes who you can get this app. Anybody can get it, and any plane you see in the sky, this app will tell you what that plane is, who it belongs to, who's it's registered to, any details you on crazy. Yeah, but these planes don't show up on there, oh, for obvious reasons.
Speaker 3: I think the doomsday plane it's a good name.
Speaker 4: So the sub hunting plane, I'd like to know more about that is I have an interest in the submarine service.
Speaker 3: Does Iran have a submarine service? Yeah, they've got some subs. We didn't sink them all, apparently not. They're under the ocean, so they're already sunk. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I have an interest in it, not much knowledge, ah.
Speaker 3: But by definition already sunk.
Speaker 4: So this thing this giant plane, I imagine, has all sorts of sophisticated sensors and stafford imagine. I mean, because you can't just visually hunt the ocean for submarines.
Speaker 3: It's just a bunch of guys with binoculars.
Speaker 1: Oh I captured this the other day. This is just a joke. It's a Soviet joke. It was a long list of Soviet jokes, and they are all really interesting. And as we move into this era where something like half a young people think communism or socialism is a good idea.
Speaker 3: What's that one?
Speaker 1: We always like they when you don't get paid, they they pretend to pay it. We pretend to work and they pretend to pay. It is the way things work in this Wivie Union.
Speaker 3: I like this one.
Speaker 1: A man walks into a shop. Yes, the clerk, you don't have any meat? He said, no, no, no, here we don't have any fish. The shop that doesn't have any meats across the street. And then finally this The oscars are Sunday and you don't care about that. But I'm gonna watch a couple of the big nominated movies. I've seen a couple of them already. I'm either going to watch the Ping Pong Timothy Shallomey movie, which me and the boys watched the trailer for last night. Looks crazy interesting. I can't quite tell what's going on from the trailer. Hell of a drama. I read one review that was super intriguing about the movie. I mean, it's not a movie about Ping Pong per se, you know the factors into it. But yeah, so might watch that or Sinners, which is supposed to be the big winner on Sunday Night. It's a vampire movie set in the like nineteen thirty South at a juke joint, and it looks like it's got cool music and anything like that. But just both my kids want to watch it based on the trailer, and it's supposed to be fantastic, But I just don't know if I can make myself watch a freaking vampire movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know you hate this sort of thing from people. I haven't seen it, you know, I read the Inevitable. It's a metaphor for systemic racism and it's a woke blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Sure didn't look like you're from the trailer. The trailer just looked.
Speaker 1: Like it was a damned vampire movie, which I'd almost rather take the politics than watch a vampire movie.
Speaker 3: Not into stuff like I just don't like sumpires, you don't like your anti vampire. This is outrageous. I just don't need that sort of thing in my life.
Speaker 4: Articay type of fiction and something or other and a metaphor for something around.
Speaker 1: They have trouble getting stars sometimes to show up to the Oscars because it's.
Speaker 3: Paul.
Speaker 1: I had a funny Paul Newman quote the other day about how he'd gone five times and never won, and the year he did win, he didn't go, but he had told his wife, haven't I paid enough of a price for this stupid thing? Having to go all these times and sit there? I'll bet it is a drag. I mean, when you're a big star and you're used to you know, you don't have to do.
Speaker 3: Anything you don't want to do.
Speaker 1: Ever, if you're a big star and you're sitting there for like five hours between getting through security and sitting there and being there and blah blah blah, and you're not interested in any of it. To get them to show up, they have the swag bags. This year it's three hundred and fifty thousand dollars with the luxury goods and experiences, including five vacation packages. One of the getaways is a sixty five thousand dollars stay in a super villa in some town in Spain. This is for the nominees, right, This is for all the nominees. Three hundred and fifty thousand dollars. So I guess even if you're pretty damned wealthy, that might be enough to get.
Speaker 4: You to show up and sit there for a while, put on your Sunday go to meeting clothes and sit there in the Kodak Theater for in Flour.
Speaker 3: They got a bar out in the lobby. I think I'm sure they do.
Speaker 1: We were talking yesterday about the whole, the whole campaigning thing, and it's all it's all just weird. And they have the you know, we've had two winners in a row that were white, so we better have a Asian this, or you know, just any of that stuff factoring into the oscars, and then how you campaign for it, buying the billboards and doing interviews that shouldn't factor any They're all that stuff. It's just dumb, little dumb thing Awards for art.
Speaker 4: Yeah again, I wouldn't know what was happening unless you hadn't brought it up. I mean, it's just I'm sure we'll be in my real life brings it up.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, no, very very true. I'm sure we'll have some. There'll be some. Sean Penn's gonna win Best Actor. I'd be shocked if he doesn't, and he is going to say something that is imbornant, so we'll have that on Monday morning. I expect Conan to be prett funny, because he's aways pretty funny, and I'm sure we'll have that on Monday morning.
Speaker 3: Love Conan yep, won't watch, but Love Conan.
Speaker 1: And then maybe some ancient person will go up there and announce the wrong picture for.
Speaker 3: Best Picture, which I would find hilarious.
Speaker 1: That's one of the greatest things that ever happened, all those pretentious people running around like crazy like chickens with.
Speaker 3: Their heads cut off.
Speaker 4: Oh that was fantastic orton Paity right right, yeah, and good times.
Speaker 1: How the hell did you do that? Well, they're America's royalty, our Hollywood class.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're aware of this hilarious.
Speaker 1: And have very deep thoughts because art is reflective of society and film helps us see ourselves in a way that Oh no, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: She funny to start a rumor if I had the capability of the time, and the energy and the inclination to start a rumor that Trump is going to send ice to apprehend a lot of the people who attend the Oscars.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that'd be a great rumor to start. Anybody with a foreign sounding name.
Speaker 4: Right, he's gonna He's gonna jail all of the nominees for Best Foreign Film.
Speaker 3: There you go, They'll all be put them at a detention center. They'll all be in zip ties in the back of a van. Oh lord, I love that fast we were warned about. We will finish Strong next arm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 5: I recently found out that I was secretly recorded by Metaglasses. A month or so ago. I was at my daughter's basketball game, and I thought she was just introducing me to one of her friends. After he had asked me a few questions, my daughter grabbed my arm and pulled me away, and that's when she whispered, he's wearing metaglasses.
Speaker 3: I'm going to show you the clip.
Speaker 5: I want to let you know what You're a very beautiful young lady. Oh well, thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Are you married?
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 3: He looked very good.
Speaker 6: I want to let you know.
Speaker 5: So let me ask you this.
Speaker 3: Should people be.
Speaker 5: Allowed to film strangers with metaglasses without telling them? Would you feel like that's an invasion of your privacy? Where is this tech going to take us in the future? Would you be okay with this happening to you? Would you be okay with your kids having a pair of these metaglasses?
Speaker 3: Don't you just be flattered? What people find you?
Speaker 1: High too?
Speaker 3: It's a terrible intrusion.
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: What what is it? What is illegal? Illegally? You can right very state to state.
Speaker 1: But there's gonna be no way you're gonna stop this. No, but that's incredibly roodent on that, of course it is. But it's gonna be so common now, Uh, in situations like that where you just you know, you're staring at somebody or in meetings or all the time trying to get your favorite your least favorite teacher fired as a teenager, right, since try to bait them into saying something untoward?
Speaker 3: Boy, how's that?
Speaker 7: How's that going to work? Since they come with prescriptions? Now you know they can actually say, well, this is how I you know, these are my glasses.
Speaker 1: Well, right, that's what's kind of interesting. Hey he's wearing metaglasses. Well, lots of people.
Speaker 3: Are going to be wearing metaglasses, and.
Speaker 1: Lots of different companies are now making them, so you're not gonna be able to recognize them all easily.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, I don't want it to be like this.
Speaker 1: I think you're just going to get get used to the fact that anybody wearing glasses might be recording you.
Speaker 3: Modern World one star cannot recommend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, it'd be really really calm, and I'll bet to start trying to bait people into saying things that you've recorded them.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and then you'd issue the clip out of context. You trot it all over the internet. People are howling for blood. Yeah, or or does that become so common people just ignore it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: They they uh, what is it metaglass to them?
Speaker 4: You know, we'll have a term for intentionally entrapping someone, you know, using that.
Speaker 1: You got you got the glasses like Katie for for your when you have a baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have, and.
Speaker 7: They have not left my house because I wouldn't. I don't want people looking at me thinking that I'm filming them because I mean the while it's discreet. I mean, if you look hard enough, you can see the camera.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My uh, my son's band teacher got him because he just had they had their first kid and he loves him for having a baby.
Speaker 3: Just said it's so fantastic. Oh bad. Yeah, I can't wait for that.
Speaker 1: Whip out your phone. They smile and you just tap the side of your glasses and you got a picture. Yeah. Hey, Michael, how long do we have till final thoughts?
Speaker 3: I'm a minute and a half.
Speaker 4: I've been intrigued by clip nine since I first saw it during the pre show meeting.
Speaker 3: Can we hear that bees can breathe underwater?
Speaker 1: For a week, scientists have discovered The conclusions were reached by Rick, who just likes drowning things.
Speaker 4: Wow, that took a dark turn. Uh, bees can breathe underwater? The amazing bee?
Speaker 1: What a joke. Go ahead and hit at Michael. We'll leave plenty of time to ramble for final thoughts.
Speaker 3: Hey kids, it's that time again with Armstrong and Getty. Here's Joe. Kids do love this feature. Here's your homes for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 4: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show. There is Michaelangeloan in the control room, so I can't lead us off.
Speaker 3: Okay, my final thoughts actually a question for Katie. How long can you record on those glasses? Thirty seconds a minute? Do you know?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 3: I'm not aware of a time limit hours. I'm not thinking to get in some That's why I ask probably a lot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't think there's a time limit on.
Speaker 3: It, Katie Greener, esteemed news woman. As a final thought.
Speaker 7: Katie, I uh just can't really get my mind around the whole fact that people are running to churn butter, but you end up with butter.
Speaker 3: But you we went over this, you don't have to run.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Jack a final thought for us, Let's get the handsome Oh that's right, special guests.
Speaker 3: Finally, Executive producer Mi Canson.
Speaker 6: Listen, listen, remain calm, don't panic. This is a message to all of our fine, fine podcasts listeners. Listeners to Armstrong Getty on demand apples had some problems this week. They just have. It's not us, it's them. There's a solution. Use the iHeart app. You can get all four hours of Armstrong Getty on Demand. Katie, what's the name of that podcast?
Speaker 3: Armstrong Getty on Demand?
Speaker 6: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: A hard app done, Jack. Final thought.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan of being informed of what's going on in the world, but we all need to figure out the happy medium, the perfect spot of being informed but not dwelling.
Speaker 3: You take in a lot of media and.
Speaker 1: You start to be convinced the world is just rotten and everything is awful and there's no joy in the world, and that ain't true.
Speaker 4: My final thought, for instance, my sweetheart and I are going to a minor league hockey game tonight.
Speaker 3: We're gonna watch some pretty.
Speaker 4: Good hockey, eat questionable stadium food.
Speaker 3: Drink a couple of beers, and yell.
Speaker 1: Like crazy for a team that happens to play in a city closer to our house.
Speaker 8: Then those jackasses on the other team they play for a city.
Speaker 1: That's somewhat further from our house and we hate them. And one thing you can probably count on with my minor hockey league experiences some good fights.
Speaker 3: Oh at least an e to the chops.
Speaker 1: They like to fight in the minor league hockey, so that'll be cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you do get guys who realize the only way I'm getting to the NHL as an enforcer.
Speaker 3: So I got to show them what I got tonight.
Speaker 1: And of course your blood will get up for the people on your team who are being punched upon because they live slightly closer to you than well, the team is located to the players. Probably they could live anywhere.
Speaker 4: They play for city that's somewhat closer my house.
Speaker 3: What part of that?
Speaker 1: Do not get? Arm shots of the Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 4: So many people to think, so little time. Good Armstrong, Getdy dot com. Many pleasures await you there, including the hot links, Katie's Corner a.
Speaker 3: And g swag. The link to download.
Speaker 4: The podcast is helpfully explained by executive producer hands and only minutes ago all at Armstrong.
Speaker 3: And getty dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's a technical difficulty. Is cut of some slight all right?
Speaker 4: Or boycott Apple or fashion a placard and go march.
Speaker 3: Out front of their headquarters. We still have forty seconds left, Mikey. We had to start early. You wanted me to start early.
Speaker 1: Remember, anybody got a fried chicken recipe they'd like to recite it.
Speaker 4: The interesting thing about hockey fights is how honorable they are. Nobody ever gets seriously hurt because everybody understands once a guy is down, it's over.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: There are rules about what you can do can't do. Every hockey player knows them.
Speaker 3: Hockey an example for all of us. That was a really nice, life affirming end of the week.
Speaker 1: Whip out your phone if there's a good fight, though, I would like to see it posted.
Speaker 3: We'll see them Monday.
Speaker 1: God bless America.
Speaker 3: I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 1: Who would just want consciousness? Can't see here, feel do anything, but I'm alive.
Speaker 3: Who no, No, that's a horrifying nightmare. Yes, it is a horrified nightmare. It limits you. That's the understatement of the air. That is the subtle comments of the day, the entire show on the podcast
Speaker 2: I'm Strong and get it on demand, The Armstrong and Getty