Speaker 1: Novel.
Speaker 2: This show contains adult material and swearing. You have been warned.
Speaker 3: I go on YouTube.
Speaker 1: It's just that, like my ADHD forces me to watch bloopers of films that I haven't even seen. Or I'll watch like a three hour video called Hagina's Versus Lions.
Speaker 3: And like that's my day.
Speaker 2: I'm a savage. Are you bored of modern dating? Meeting the same people from the same apps in the same bar You've only chosen because it's close to your house and you can make your usual quick getaway. It's time to change the narrative on how we find love. It's time to start looking for love in all the wrong places. I'm going on a wild dating adventure, only picking people who were the total opposite of my type. And after twenty eight of these dates in two months, will I find that special someone? Or well, this experiment proved that I should just give up on dating altogether. It's time to find out. I'm Grace Campbell and this is twenty eight dates later.
Speaker 3: Dan, Hi, Hi, great, how are you? Yeah? I'm okay, thank you good.
Speaker 2: So this week's date was with someone called George. He was younger than me. Basically, how we found him my date had canceled that day and I was doing a show at the venue that we're in right now. I was doing a show, and so we got here and I wanted to go on a date. So we got a guy who works behind the bar at the venue to come on a date with me. And it turns out, because I do loads of shows, it worked behind the bar for a lot of my shows and broke he was a fan. And then he said that he loved when I had a show in because the girls who come to my show are all really hot, and like he's gotten with some of them in the past, which I respected. I like liked it. Yeah, you're like a girl boss can do attitude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's nice for you to pollinate my workerbees and now come to the queen.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, like you know, you should be so lucky, but like here you are on a day with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, make a wish And that was his make which foundation request. He's now dead.
Speaker 1: The thing about Obama, what is it about like a barman or like a waiouse, someone who's like working front of house that makes.
Speaker 3: Them like so sexy because they're making you a drink. Yeah, I guess there's just.
Speaker 2: Something very like cool, and especially if they work somewhere where they know everyone, Like that's really attractive watching someone like in their habitat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I guess also they have to be nice to because it's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, this guy blessed him was like he like had to be nice to me because I was then about to do a show where he would be working the bar in the room while. And it was really funny because apparently, like basically during the date, I said to him, Oh, would you mind if I talk about like the fact that we've done this like during the show later, and he was like absolutely loved that idea. And then apparently I forgot the show. I forgot because I was just you know, being an incredible comedian. But apparently he was like edging, like he kept thinking I was about to talk about him, and so he was sort of like waiting for it to happen. He was going to come up because I said, he come up and saying sorry for burping like that. I guess that was kind of gross. Would you bup on a first day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Well, like I always like but like I bup all the time, Like on first dates. But then sometimes I'm like, that was kind of gross.
Speaker 1: I've just made well, I wouldn't like let it out loud. I'm not like an extra in the Flintstones.
Speaker 2: Something to me, I can't necessarily always control birping. It just happens when I speak. You know that.
Speaker 3: But like evolution left you behindn't.
Speaker 2: More in more ways than one, dada is you know very well, I'm a cave man.
Speaker 4: So what are you saying?
Speaker 2: Why did you?
Speaker 5: What made you want to do this?
Speaker 4: I mean, first off, you're very funny. Thank you very pretty.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: It's charming mainly and because I was asked.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're asked because I'm doing a show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well I really appreciate it. Problem I'm getting paid for it as well, so why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, That's That's just how I like my paid.
Speaker 3: At that time. Okay, I've never heard a situation that's so clearly. Is that good? Point a gun to my head? No? No, an to his please.
Speaker 2: He was having the time of his life.
Speaker 1: Maybe he was like it was like mentioning the sponsors. He was like, you're really pretty and funny, because I've been told to say that real nice to be here because.
Speaker 3: I've been paid to be here.
Speaker 2: No, he was like terrified.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, of course, but he was quite young.
Speaker 2: He was like twenty one, which is obviously like quite a lot young.
Speaker 1: That's too young though, No, of course it's too young where we're well like think back to being twenty one.
Speaker 2: No, I know, I hadn't even crazy as yesterday I saw this tweet Bradley Cooper went out with su Waterhouse when Bradley Cooper was thirty eight. He went out sueh Hoortails, who was twenty one, and at the time, everybody was like, oh, look at them, they're like such a power couple. That's fuck, that's fucked up.
Speaker 3: What are you going to talk to someone about?
Speaker 2: What was about you at your man having common with the twenty one your girl.
Speaker 3: The Lion King? I don't think so, but sorry, I mean I'm doing about the cartoon. They would know the live action version of it.
Speaker 2: Me and this guy, like we actually did have like quite a long common because.
Speaker 3: He so you're Bradley Cooper in the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, No, I am very much. That's the third time in my life where I felt like Bradley Cooper actually when were the other times? The other times, Well, when I was born, a star is born.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah that's what happened of course, and then that you're playing Bradley Cooper, not the star I'm playing.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just playing the star.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, like in your nativity at school.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, I'm and all of them. But he basically is a YouTuber, So what's your YouTube?
Speaker 6: So when I we just rebranded like the channel and we started with a new six series season. We did a fashion show on the London Underground recently for Oh Wow. Every stop new models came in from different design so it was on the train, on the actual train whilst there was going So every single stop new models came in parading through the London Underground.
Speaker 4: Elizabeth Lyon we put a red carpet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's so cool.
Speaker 4: It was a great project.
Speaker 3: I mean, just say ASMR. I mean just say ASMR. What do you mean? I mean, like, what are you talking about? What does that mean? Like? What content is it?
Speaker 2: It's like what like these big YouTubers, it's like a prank basically.
Speaker 1: But I feel like if you're in the twenties, you are a YouTuber by default, Like I don't think I know anyone who's like, uh, twenty five.
Speaker 3: And under who hasn't got a YouTube account, whether model.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, you need to have money to do that.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: Carpets aren't cheap exactly, a red carpet tube exactly.
Speaker 2: And then all of the clothes, like they made all of the clothes and then they filmed it all. I actually liked his can do attitude. I mean he just he sounds as sounds a bars. Well, my best friend works for the side men, all right, yeah, producing, she's a producer. Well she works for their management company, but she does.
Speaker 5: Like so she did that football.
Speaker 2: Match, you know they did, Like she produced that whole thing, and then she's now doing a few other projects.
Speaker 3: A day with her.
Speaker 5: Her best friend.
Speaker 3: I like him now, I am. I respect him.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of banter I like you. Like, he's not just seeing romance, he's seeing opportunities.
Speaker 2: He's here, like what can I milk out of his nepo? Baby? Like what connections does she have for me?
Speaker 1: And like some people like go on the first date and like accidentally leave their jumper, like at the person's house.
Speaker 3: They can go back. He's leaving his CEV.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, you know he emailed me it is.
Speaker 3: A pdf, exactly. He's a YouTuber. He don't know what paper is. What are the side?
Speaker 2: Now they're YouTubers. They're big YouTubers. Really showing your age there now?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, because I go on YouTube.
Speaker 1: It's just that, like my ADHD forces me to watch bloopers of films that I haven't even seen, or like I'll watch like a three hour video called Hyena's versus Lions, Like that's my day.
Speaker 3: So like, I know YouTube, I'm sure you do. I'm not the same.
Speaker 5: You're crying, but you're you're crying, so tell me about you.
Speaker 6: I'm from England, but I grew up in Mexico. My dad's from Rochester. My mum's from Mexico City.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you grew up in Mexico and Cancune the beach.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's cool, spring Ber because oh yeah.
Speaker 4: The worst.
Speaker 2: Do you speak Spanish?
Speaker 4: Yeah? But effect on mummy, I see friends.
Speaker 5: Oh we will say.
Speaker 3: Oh we okay, that's all I know.
Speaker 5: That's good. I like leon. Yeah, yeah, I like it.
Speaker 3: I'm thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you to du Lingo are sponsor this dreams date this date and podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm actually just not to brag.
Speaker 1: I'm on my sixty third day streak of my julingo learning French.
Speaker 3: Can I remember any of it? No, it sounds like he's lying about everything.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: His accent was mad.
Speaker 1: No, no, I can hear him being Mancunian. But it's like him going to say that I grew up in Cancun and then go the beaches. Oh yeah, that's an in depth knowledge of that place. Just go the beach, I will say.
Speaker 2: From my limited of Kangoon, it's probably the beaches. Bakers go. Some would say yeah, yeah, yeah when you hear Kangoon the beaches. So tell me about your dating life.
Speaker 4: I don't go out on a lot of dates.
Speaker 6: It's more like one I stand kind of things usually because I work here at the bar, so I meet a lot of girls here at the bar, and it just happens to you.
Speaker 2: You ever shogged anyone you met one of my shows?
Speaker 4: Yeah in the bar?
Speaker 3: No no no no no no no?
Speaker 6: Your well maybe yeah, because your I love when it's your shows. Crowd is like there are girls and they're like fit.
Speaker 2: Put that blast out on the fucking internet. That's an advertiser to come and see my shows.
Speaker 3: This is true.
Speaker 2: I don't know why more men don't come to my shows because it's the perfect place to pick up women.
Speaker 6: It is, it is, and it's always helped me full of girls around my age, like mid twenties.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was perfect. Definitely, words.
Speaker 1: I like within that, Like basically that's just like a campaign to invite predators to your show. You come and see me perform because they're fit girls that you can finger at the bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there are always girls who are like I wish there was more single guysres I'm just saying, like, if you want to come and like be out like a woman's show, and if you could bear watch a woman be funny.
Speaker 3: If you can bear hearing, if you can bear a woman's voice, you.
Speaker 2: Can be.
Speaker 3: Which is actually the demiography The side of a Woman for an Hour. And wait, the title of my first EP is bear a Woman's Voice.
Speaker 2: What was that like feminist phrase, like I am woman, hear me raw?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's about b E A R. And the whole album just be going.
Speaker 2: So I was in a very weird, anxious mood when I arrived that day because on the way to me him someone had tried to steal Eddie on the while I was convinced he was trying to steal Eddie, it was just like boy and he was like asking me, like how much she costs if she was a girl, had I had her spade yet, obviously trying to identify how much money like he could make off of her. And we were on the Bakerloo line, sitting on those seats where you're aready close together, you know, when you're like the four And then it was just me and him. And then what happened was we got to Paddington and so many people came on the train, and so then I just slipped and moved up the carriage and then got rid of him. But I was very anxious. And then he told me this story about when somebody tried to steal his dog.
Speaker 3: Oh God, that's evil people in the world.
Speaker 6: I had a pug and there I was walking my pug. This is in Mexico, so I mean, the story won't surprised you. But I left her loose off the collar and let it go around and a chuck came by, literally the truck stops.
Speaker 4: Two men out and grabbed my pug.
Speaker 2: Are you joking?
Speaker 6: I'm not joking. I literally bolted. I went fucking fast like heh yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, keep running, yeah yeah, And how did you get the dog back?
Speaker 6: He's just like, oh, ship, you know, they must have thought that, you know, I wasn't looking. Literally dropped him mid air.
Speaker 2: Now I'm listening back, that sounds like it didn't.
Speaker 3: Have a baby. All of this sounds like it's not real.
Speaker 2: I'm listening back to that. That sounds like a made up story.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I truck came along, they threw the pug, they dropped the.
Speaker 1: Mid air, and then what you chase it going a such a fast runner that you managed to volt it bolted.
Speaker 3: Now I'm buying that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I had bought it, I want the receipt and I'm taking it back.
Speaker 2: But I do you know, I appreciate that he's trying to give a good chat. I mean, do you ever like logical podcasting? Do you ever like make up ship on dates?
Speaker 3: What like that? I'm emostally available, like sometimes.
Speaker 2: Like I'll just tell a story that's completely made up.
Speaker 3: I will never do that because I think I'm not I'll.
Speaker 2: Try to story that happened to Anna. But I'll just say it happened to me.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, maybe No, I think I'd be more likely to be like, oh, this happened to my friend.
Speaker 1: I think I've got enough stories where the universe is absolutely treat me like a piece of shit to be able to tell someone on a day.
Speaker 2: I just sometimes prefer telling her stories though it happened to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: I mean there used to be a time when I was younger, like like I'd pretend that I was like, oh my god, I'd pretend that I was like related to like Ian.
Speaker 3: McKellen or like Irish.
Speaker 1: I would have believed that yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you shall not pass. That's just me being gay at school. But like, I haven't lied for a long time. No, I mean I used to also say that I was straight.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I spread this really big rumor when I was at school about how Lindsay Lohan she had a twin. And then what happened was they were filming The Parent Trap. No, no, let me tell my story. She had a twin, like she was born as a twin and they were identical. They started filming. It's actually really story, it's crazily laughing. They started filming The Parent Trap. Right, the twin died in a car crash while they were filming The Parent Trap, and Lindsay Lohan then finished the film on her own. I told everyone at primary school that, like all the way out to year sick, everyone to be.
Speaker 3: Honest the way that you just told me that. Then I believed it.
Speaker 2: Exactly, I tell her, And there are probably people now they're still on Google it and like telling that story. And I used to be like, how amazing of her, Like she started that film with her sister and then she finished it sister.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's inspirational.
Speaker 3: I mean it's also crazy that your mind would go there.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I remember actually at a time that I lied in primary school because I went to like a Catholic primary school. So like at the end of the week, we have to all like say prayers, and like this girl called like carry her like rabbit had died, and like people had like really had all these big, old fucking stories to like pray about, and I had nothing. So I did tell everyone that my grandma had died in like a horrific accident, just.
Speaker 3: So that I got more prayers.
Speaker 1: But then what I forgot is that because I wasn't a very well behaved kid, my mom would have to come in at the end of the school week to chat to my teacher. So then like after the day had like finished, my mom came in and the teacher was like, your dad. My mom was like, he just moved back to Ireland, and.
Speaker 3: She was like, no, he wasn't dead, And that's the problem still Isen God bless.
Speaker 2: When's your birthday?
Speaker 4: January thirteenth and yours April the thirtieth. Oh no, Joe, I don't know what.
Speaker 6: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, does I mean, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Do we match?
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I get on with my mom.
Speaker 3: Give you my mom.
Speaker 5: You really want me and my mom. Okay, let's that was a really good day. Thank you so much for doing that.
Speaker 2: I really nice. It's so sorry that I didn't recognize you from all of the shows, but I'm definitely going to bring you on stage during my set.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we will record that as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, Yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I mean, how sincere and beautiful and pure just to be like I love my mom.
Speaker 5: On a day I know, but that's what I do.
Speaker 2: I just talk about my mom, and I'm always like, have you seen the oc my mom? She looks just like kissed and come, which she does.
Speaker 1: My mom loves to believe, like in our kitchen, We've got loads of cooking books of her name, The Brunette.
Speaker 2: Delia Jell. Okay, well, relax, I love Delia.
Speaker 3: I've got nothing against Delia.
Speaker 2: Delia's pesto, Delia's hermus is going to skip this ad.
Speaker 1: But my mom, I think one time got told she was like Nigella Lawson and now she like kind of puts it around the kitchen so people see it and then link it to her.
Speaker 3: You look at you like Nigella.
Speaker 2: My mom's like, what a side by side picture of her?
Speaker 1: But actually've met Nagela Lawson once. She is the most gorgeous woman. I think I've seen my god, She's so beautiful. That's what I want to look like in drag. Like when I get into drag, it's like I want to be nuge. Can I tell you I am?
Speaker 3: You are? Wait? How did you find the day?
Speaker 2: The day was good? Yeah, the day was good.
Speaker 3: He was fun.
Speaker 2: He then came was working at my show and then he made me a drink afterwards and we hung out of it, and then I went home because he was too young for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he seemed he sounds like he's fun, Like I kind of fancy him from listening. He is fun.
Speaker 2: He was really fun, like we would have a really good night out with him. Maybe he's our bisexual.
Speaker 3: He's a bisexual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the other thing, right, So me and Dan like we have this joke.
Speaker 1: That like, well us finding out if bisexuals fancy memour or you.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have got on with a few bisexual men, which is we basically share a type.
Speaker 5: Sometimes not all.
Speaker 2: The time because another one of my types is very much the opposite of that, but we do share a type.
Speaker 3: Other time finds me very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: To yes exactly, yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: My other time is home vibet yea yeah, I like them gay or it's a great spectrum, to be honest, same.
Speaker 2: Next time. On twenty eight dates later, then the couple started fucking on top of him, So then he was just the pillow for the couple and he wasn't even hard, he wasn't even involved. They were just fucking on.
Speaker 5: Top of him.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's wrecking mad.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I Love It Around Me.
Speaker 2: I'm a Savage twenty eight dates Later is produced by Novel for iHeartRadio. For more from Novel, visit novel dot Audio. The series is presented by me Grace Campbell with help from Roz Purcell and Dan White. The producer is Diggrey Wait. The executive producer is Claire Broughton. Our editors are Mithily Raw and Max O'Brien. Production management from Charie Houston and Charlotte Wall. Willard Foxton is our creative director of Development.
Speaker 1: Novel