Speaker 1: Strap on the boots and scrape up the knuckles on ahead. He got jacked.
Speaker 2: This is the Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford and Gilbert Terry's gonna score touchdown slim to the ground by Buddha Baker.
Speaker 3: Like a torpedo, he keeps flying into the back deal.
Speaker 2: The Rage is brought to you by santan Ford and Gilbert right on the price right on the corner of the sand Tan two to two Freeway.
Speaker 4: In Valves Wata grab by Tray McBride.
Speaker 2: That was spectacular and by Arizona Cardinals Podcast Visit Azycardinals dot Com Slash podcast.
Speaker 3: All Right, Seas Rising Up, jimpit rising Vision, blurry Rage, tack it over.
Speaker 2: Here's Paul Calvic.
Speaker 4: I'm ready. I'm one hundred percent ready. I'm telling you I'm ready.
Speaker 1: And Ron Wolfley, it doesn't get any better than that the fard.
Speaker 4: Alright, here we go, Red say it's real simple, all right, no sleep till lambeau. Let's do this all right. As the Cardinals went into Silicon Valley, Ron Wolfully, you were there, you saw it. Cardinals went into Silicon Valley. What did they do to all those techies? They put some malware. They put some spyware into the forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: Did they not great resiliency? Paul that much?
Speaker 4: I know forty nine ers somehow thought maybe the Big Heat was gonna be a big deal for the Cardinals and the visiting sideline. Hello, they're the Arizona Cardinals. They went out and they just like they practiced in a buck ten plus, they were the stronger team in the second half. They get the win. And here we are on the Big Red Rage. And you might have noticed on the menu there's no rabbit. That's because the rabbit is on stage here at the Big Red Rage, presented by tan Ford and Gilbert otherwise known as Daydrian Taylor Demerson prefers to be called Rabbit, and we welcome into the show.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: In fact, you just told Wolf, right, you just told Wolf. Don't don't call me Dadrian, right.
Speaker 5: Nah, you call me rabbit. Rabbit, Yeah, no, yeah, I really hear my first name. So it's kind of weird hearing that, you know, Let's it's coming from somebody like, you know, pronouncing it on like during the game or whatever.
Speaker 1: So so, Rabbit, I've got to ask you right now. There's some people out here that probably don't know the story. Why rabbits? How'd you get that?
Speaker 5: Now? So when I first started playing football, like I think like first or second grade, small scrawny kid. Yeah, I played a year and a half of my first year, and then my mom knew this guy in the military named Corey. I go out play for his team. Obviously everyone's way older than me. Me and his son are the same age, who's still my best friend to this day. He gives me the ball first time. I'm not trying to get tackled, so I'm just running around trying to not get hit. And then we got a bunch of rabbits, that one from one of the coaches, Like he's running around like one of them bunny rabbits. So then that's how I got the name. And then like still crazy to me to this day to see like a stick because that young you got that now? Yeah, like I want to say, like first second grade.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, that is truly amazic. Now, what about mom? What does mom call you?
Speaker 5: Mom calls me son or dadren. She's not allowed to call me rabbit. Yeah, she calls me rabbit like every now and then and I'm like, you can't call me. That sounds weird. Yeah. Yeah, she's the only one not allowed to call me or my dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you Did you play any other sports when you were younger or yeah?
Speaker 5: So I played basketball? Crazy story. I almost quit football to play basketball, which glad I didn't do that one. And then, uh, I'm a big track fan, so I ran a track as well in high school.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm seeing here. I took a quick look. Let's see, you were only the Oklahoma five A Player of the Year as a running back. Hello. In fact, you played running back until what point are your.
Speaker 5: Football career until I got to college. So I got a call out of nowhere from Texas Tech. The staff who left Utah State where I was going to go play running back, they got fired, went to Texas Tech. They ended up offering me at safety, and at the time it sounded crazy, but it's just it's just like one of those things where it's like somebody see something they've seen you that you don't see yourself just yet. So that's kind of That's kind of how it was. So I ended up going to play take place safety and it was like, honestly, like one of the best like blessings someone could give me in my life, cause it ended up going to that university end up making me the man I am today, you know, a great teammate, great father, and everything else like that. So yeah, real blessing to go to as university.
Speaker 4: When they first brought up dB safety, didn't you like think it was a mistake.
Speaker 5: Or something or No. I thought it was crazy. I could not believe it. But at the same time though, like I just said, like, it's a blessing in the skuy. So ended up going there my first year. I was kind of like went to one of those real structured high schools, you know, do things the right way. Had a like old military, you know, kind of coaching staff. So when I went there, I learned to playbook, you know, play hard.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I was just one of those small town kids just looking to play big tom ball. So I was excited to be there, Like, you know, I just wasn't caught up band like, oh I'm not playing now, Like I was just trying to play football, like it's literally the only thing I wake up and think about.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so if there's a loose ball and you pick up a fumble, you you can still turn into running back mode, right, I'm confident you still become a running back with a ball in your hands.
Speaker 5: All the interceptions that I've had, like I failed besides two of them, and then like but I got tackled like right instantly. So I'm hoping I get to get one soon and see if I still got it. Yeah, cause I don't know.
Speaker 4: That would be good. That would be good, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Rather, but talk to us a little bit about the San Francisco game and how did that game go going into it? How confident were you guys collectively as a team. Man.
Speaker 5: That was probably like one of the like the best wins I've had, like my football career, because just coming in the building, seeing how everyone prepares, just like just as much as I give into the game, they're given just that or more. You know, we go out scoring the first drive, you know, Kyler's you know being Kyler, you know, and then you know, they hit their little their little hump in the game, and when like the coolest thing was just to like be on the field and like be on the sideline, like just like everybody on the sideline and see like everyone's still giving there, you know, giving there all trying to win this game, even though we were down thirteen. I think like going into the fourth for like a little bit the end of the third quarter. So man, it's crazy, like when we uh kicked that field goal and crazy Chad, he the guy kicked it. He just got there, right, Yeah, he literally just got there. And I didn't even know that he was kicking. So when he said he was kicking, I was like, oh, like, big, you got a big job this weekend. Yeah, big, big job. But nah, he took care of business, won the game. Yeah, being in the locker after that game, I wish you guys could get to experience something like that, because winning at this level, as you know, it's not easy. You know, it's not easy, Yeah he is. Any given week is something's news down to happen or the unexpected, like the unknown. So yeah, getting the winning this league is definitely different than you know, getting a big win in college.
Speaker 1: So JG.
Speaker 4: He shared a lot of that TV show this week, saying just how special that scene was in the locker room after the game. Guys really enjoyed it, you know, a lot more than some of the other victories, maybe because it was the opponent. It's a fact you're on the road. It's the vision game, right, the extreme heat. You guys forge a comeback against a team that was in the Super Bowl, you know, I mean really there were a lot of analogies from guys after think about being a fight and the Cardinals landing a knockout blow late in a fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for me, Paul, it was a situation. Think about it. You go ahead, you line up, you're gonna get three points. You're gonna go ahead, You're gonna kick a field goal, gets blocked, they take it back for a touchdown.
Speaker 4: First time that happened to the Cardinals since the seventies, Since the.
Speaker 1: Seventies, PAULI. And then all of a sudden, you get the next possession, you get the next you get the ball, you drive down the field, and all of a sudden, you throw a pick. You throw a pick on their twenty four for the most part, right, you're moving the ball to Nick Bosa, to Nick Bosa, who just made a great play. That's what he did to me, made a great play. Didn't rush saw it, read it, fell off into the screen, made the pick right there, All of a sudden, those are your last two possessions going into the half. That's it. You're down twenty three ten at the half, and those were your last two possessions. You come out and you're making all sorts of vowels under moon, sun and sky in that locker room that you're gonna come out and you're gonna play hard and you're gonna be ready to go. And all of a sudden, you come out, you go three and out offensively, one two, three, and you're telling me you come back and win that game. I'm telling you right now, that is resiliency. That is toughness. And the Cardinals actually showed that kind of toughness.
Speaker 4: And here's here's the comparison Mac Wilson Senior made after the game when we had them live on radio.
Speaker 6: It definitely felt like a busting match. You know, they had the upper hand the whole game. It felt like, you know, second half, we come out, throw some punches and we just kept throwing punches and we came out on top obviously. And you know, that's just what it comes down to, you know, the NFL, you know these games be close, so gotta just lock in.
Speaker 4: Look, you know about playing football in the heat Oklahoma in Texas. But what was that like on Sunday?
Speaker 1: Shoot?
Speaker 5: Being here, man, it felt like a cool day and not going live. Yeah, I think I hadn't already adapted to this as much as we outside, and so it was definitely still hot. I'm not gonna take it away. It was still hot, but it was nothing like you know, two weeks practice ago on the on a Wednesday or Thursday, like you coming there, you looking this one team one eleven, We're like, dang, we have practice right now.
Speaker 4: So so you guys had that confidence because I don't know how many other teams could have survived that heat for.
Speaker 5: You know, it's one of those things that we have, you know, in our advantage, you know, being being here in the valley and you think about the other the other teams where it's like like what was the game last year, the Chiefs game when everybody's getting frost bite?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you gotta deal with that stuff like playoff game Miami had no chance.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So you know, practicing in the heat, you know, it prepares you. You know, it makes you a little bit tougher because the condition is just like it being cold, like it makes you, you know, sink in on back like to your training and not worried about, you know, the external factors, like, okay, how did it is? I remember my college coach last year, Coach McGuire, like, when we say, like it's hot outside. When he first got in the building, he was like, don't don't look at it like that. He was like, just say, it's tropical. Cook when you think it's tropical, tropical. When you think it's tropical, you know, you think a beach or whatever.
Speaker 4: So you know, a drink with an umbrella and it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I love that. The colder and the nastier the weather the better because it brought everyone down to my level, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I mean I've had to play in some of that, so I know what it's like. But I'd rather play in the heat. Not gonna lie to you, Yeah I could do it.
Speaker 1: I like the nasty and cold, raining, bloody.
Speaker 5: The cold games are fun though, especially like when you like when you come out and win, though, like if you get you losing the cold, taking the beat, that's not fun. But when you win, that kind of game is just as special.
Speaker 4: Well, you're gonna cut the high temperature in half. Going to Lambeau it's gonna be in the fifties. That's what the forecast is on Sundays. So last time Cardinals are there twenty eighteen, it was a snow game. Cardinals got the winning that one. You remember that one, Wolf two thousand, By the way, it was such a big win. Wolf got the mohawk. I see you right there. He actually got it.
Speaker 1: It's my my hawk. It's what I call it. Hey.
Speaker 4: Single game tickets on sale now. Go to Easycardinals dot com slash buy tickets to secure your seats. Today we continue with the Rabbit. It is a big red rage live from Trophy and Chandler at Price Road in Queen Creek.
Speaker 3: On the first down, another pass play over the middle and it's broken up at the twenty eight incomplete. Nice play by Rabbit defending Deebo Samuel Adrian Taylor Emerson knocks the ball away incomplete.
Speaker 1: Oh that was awesome right there with the left hand, come and go over the top. That is excellent play by Rabbit.
Speaker 3: Back to pass goes pretty on fourth and twenty three, fires across.
Speaker 4: The middle, caught by Kittle. The ball comes out and they rule it in complete.
Speaker 3: The Cardinals takeover and downs It's actually a good thing because had he caught it, he would have been down short of the line to gain at the ten and the Cardinals would have been backed up.
Speaker 7: I thought Rabbit went in and played well, you know, I know he had a PBu couple tackles. We all got some things to clean up those his first you know, live real good reps, and he'll he'll take a big jump, you know, the next opportunity that he gets.
Speaker 4: He's the head coach Johnath again on fourth round rookie Dadrian Taylor, Demerson Rabbit here on the Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford and Gilbert. We are santan Ford at Trophy and Chandler three tackles, two passes defense. That one against George Kittle right there, came in with a big hit. Jack stomped George Kittle and Wolf when he's wearing number forty two, Who does that remind you of? Who is that reminiscent of? Yeah, considering there have not been any other forty two since Another difference making, playmaking, safety and Cardinals history, I know.
Speaker 1: You're talking about Kwame. Kwame laughs absolutely, I mean, honestly, right now, Kwame just saying his name. It fills me with a love and an appreciation for a guy who was a football player through and through. You talk about a guy that would tackle open field, he was an excellent open field tackler, a guy that could cover as well, a guy that could get his hands on the pig an awful lot and bat and defend some passes. Kwame was all over the field. As a matter of fact, Can I just say this right now? I think that Buddha Baker plays an awful lot like Kwame laughs at or it's a great play, and that to me, it says everything you need to know about.
Speaker 4: Kwame absolutely to men, hisbrant personality, graz he He was the first player host of this show, The Big Red Rage, over two decades ago. Think about that and it's a please.
Speaker 1: You know what too, Paly. Can I just say this quickly, I had the opportunity to golf a few times with Kwame, go out and actually play golf with them. Boy could he it? Oh my golf ball, crush it right down the middle. I uhould just walk off the tee going Kwame, Kwame, Kwame, Kwame, Kwame.
Speaker 4: Well, if I've then seen my share of charity golf tournaments, and I'd say eighty percent of those for a stretch, there were one by Kwame last I mean, no joke, I mean he was unbelievable. And by the way, it is a pleasure to be joined by Eric Alassiter here tonight with on Kwame and uh Rabbit's gonna get a chance to uh to meet Erica after the show. So we look forward to seeing all that. And I tell you what, that was a game where you got what your first significant reps at safety, you got a heck of an opponent in brock Purty and all those weapons. Just give us your initial takeaways. How do you think you played? What was it like being out there? Did the game slow down over the course of the game would look like on film? Just give us a recap.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so obviously, uh, you know, got a big test this past weekend. I feel like I did fairly good. And you know, obviously, you know, there's good and there's bad throughout the game. You know, obviously things as a player, you know, just holding myself accountable that I still want to continue on to get better, you know, to you know, insert myself in the league how I want to. So, but uh, yeah, it was it was really interesting, really interesting. So you know, just coming from my playing college ball, like this was like the first time I was just like actually like in my zone and not just going in as a team's role, being on and being off quick. So yeah, I kind of I kind of got pretty comfortable with the game. You know, I was in and out, in and out, but I'm still getting to go in on some uh some big downs. So that was cool. But yeah, looking forward, you know to the next time, you know, I get to do it, this game means a lot to me, and I prepare, I prepare and put everything that I do daily into this game, you know, so you know, just to set up myself and uh give this game what it gave to me. So yeah, it's always a blessing to go out there and get to play ball.
Speaker 1: So Rabbit, my first NFL game, when I went out there and played, it was absolutely out of my mind, nervous right for the most part, just absolutely on the edge my rookie season. Of course, how about you, where were your emotions in regard to doing this A loti.
Speaker 5: I was just ready for him to call my call my package. The whole almost sit on the sideline I'm like, bro, please call it, please call it like I was ready, And then when I got in the game, it's like, I mean that's why I was, man. So yeah, I was kind of you know, I was kind of comfortable and not gonna lie the guys I got, you know, behind Buddha, JT and all the other vets in the room. They do a really good job, aren't preparing me?
Speaker 1: So and it really helps when you know what it is that you're doing. You know what your assignment is, doesn't it That really gives you confidence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they do a really good job, you know, letting all of us know. Are like how defined our roles are. So they came in, told me what they brought me in for, told me what my roller was assigned for the team, and as a team playof I'm gonna do my role, and so I gotta do a different role man.
Speaker 4: So well, here's Buddha Baker. He was asked earlier today, how you have grown as a player as a rookie, right, I mean, you're it's early October, but here's Buddha's tech.
Speaker 8: As the days have gone by, training camp and preseason and all that type of stuff, all the mistakes that he's made, He's corrected them and has done a great job of understanding the defense, understanding route concepts and stems of receivers and all that type of stuff. So it's great to talk to Rabbit and to just have that trust in a rookie is definitely something special. He's done a great job of understanding the players, understanding the scheme and whatever we're playing.
Speaker 4: You know what's amazing Wolf, You know this Buddha's rookie year. He did not play much safety. He's a six time pro bowler. He's headed to his seventh. I mean, he might be All Pro this year. He has twenty seven tackles the last two games.
Speaker 5: He's a freak, Like, let me just pa.
Speaker 4: But you know, his rookie year, he sat behind Tyron Matthew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I literally asked him about his whole storyline when I got in, like somebody, you know that I when I started playing in the position, you know, started you know, looking up to you know, being a smaller guy, modeling a little bit of my game, adding what I can't do you know that he can do, and then just adding his pieces of and then you know, just making my whole self complete. So getting to be in a room with him, I was telling the guys earlier I was getting invited to an interview by in the locker room, getting this, Like I wish everybody could be in a room, and like him and Jalen Thompson like are like talking to each other. I make sure every time we get into a meeting, like I'm sitting right there, like I sitting there. If I got a question, I ask coach, But like just listening to them, that's just that's also something I want to add to my game. Like the way they talk aball is like the way the way you want your players to talk here.
Speaker 1: So wow, have you always spend like that yourself? Have you always been a guy that was really really interested in being mentored by some guys who might know a little bit more than you.
Speaker 5: Know one hundred percent? So that just goes back to me, know, me changing positions when I got to college, it was definitely a whole new experience to me. I hadn't tooken a defense in that since like pee wee football prior to that, So definitely just something you know, you got to get used to. And then my my freshman year, played a little bit just because I knew the playbook. And then my second year I didn't really play that much. That was called that COVID year, So the whole year was weird. And then kind of like the same role I had right now back my junior year. Next man of can be in the game or the season for the rest of this year is in the any moment and when we're at Texas, like that's when my number was called, like for the first time and me to take on a bigger road than what I had. So kind of just you know, falling back to that that kid right now, you know he was he was very humble. Uh he's patient, so just still trying to be that same kid.
Speaker 4: So well, here's your defensive coordinator, Nick Rollis. He was asked though, what excites him about your game?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 9: He fits the criteria to play here, which is motor and violence, and he's extremely smart. He works hard, so that you know is gonna build down and he's gonna continue to get better as a player.
Speaker 1: But he flies.
Speaker 9: Around, he hits people, he caps things off, he plays away. I want defense players to play, right, So there you go.
Speaker 4: You guys have two things in common, right Wolf used to fly around on special teams. He went to four Pro Bowls. Okay, he used to bust up wedges back when those were legal. Okay, Wolf would go after and try. Don't have one wolf, wo try and take out three guys. Did you ever get three wolves?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: No, no number. I saw one guy get three Hank Power. As a matter of fact, Hank Power took out three guys in the watch. You'll only get two ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the way is that's I mean, we did that in high school. They got me running down there. Three big old tight ends is waiting on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It is incredible though, because then they went ahead and said, well you can have two guys standing. You can't have four, you can have two. And I've said to myself, why in the world would you have two? Because one of those guys I'm gonna kill on the football field, right because that's all you're gonna get. Anyways, you stare at one guy down the field sprinting sixty yards and when you get about three yards away from you, hit the other guy and just blow the other guy up.
Speaker 5: You'll see. I like the new kickoff for right now?
Speaker 1: You like the new one.
Speaker 5: I'm liking it I'm liking it.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you like about it?
Speaker 5: You ain't got to run that foot yard sprint? Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Like that's what I loved.
Speaker 5: About it because I played kickoff team and college is like all four like the whole time. Like it was like that's something that you know, they can make a break of games. So like I need to be on it, you know. And I run down and we had to run through the end zone. So I'm running a sixty yard dash and I get two post balls and I was sitting down and they calling pun I'm right back up.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, you're gassed already. Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, if you're wondering why they changed the kickoff roll, blame Wolf. Okay, yeah, he's a big reason why. The other thing you guys have in common you both went in the fourth round. You both went the exact same pick in the draft. Yeh four, this is this is crazy. Give it and give it to.
Speaker 5: Me now we just figured that that oh.
Speaker 1: Four and one oh four? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Where were you one O five not to be confused with one O five, but one O four.
Speaker 5: Best pick of the draft.
Speaker 4: Where were you when your name was called? Were you a family.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was in Lubbock. So after the draft, I mean the draft with the Combine. It was back there for like the last two months before the draft. Uh, spend time with my daughter, had all the fan come out, and went to the gym that morning with my friend Princeton and came backside down. We're sitting out like maybe like maybe like a couple of minutes phone call and it's like when I came here on my thirty visit, so I trained out here. So I've actually been here in Arizona since December. I trained up at Exos up North and I think that's like Scott still up North or whatever, and then came out my thirty visit, told Minnie, I was like, man, this is this is this is exactly where I wanted to come play at. Like just the circumstance for my position being on this side of the being on this side of the states. I love Arizona. My best friend moved out here a long time ago, and my first time coming out here was during COVID and then coming back since then, you know, just fell in love to the place like I could. And then I get to go into the draft. So it's like like I love I want to be there. I could play there. And then just the guys, you know, getting to going with a guy like Mude Baker, Jayleen Thompson, you know, the quarterbacks, Kyler Murray, you know, like new staff and just the knowing them prior to where they've been on how they do things. You know, it's kind of like a staff staff. I want to play for it. So end up getting that phone call. It was like it was kind of like I've seen a ghost when I got the call, because like my body got cold. I started shivering for a second, and like I want to say, I answered it right away, but it was it was like ringing for like seven seconds, like I couldn't believe. I was trying to swipe. I couldn't swipe it. So yeah, I didn't get the phone call. And then before I left my thirty I told Money like, hey, you got a bunch of picks, like like I don't want to go into West but here. So when he called me, he was like remember you told me you want to be a cardinal, And I'm like hell, yeah, man, oh man, yeah.
Speaker 4: That's great, that is great. I mean, and well if you know this MANI and JG talk about they want the person before the player. Yeah, doesn't it make sense his personality, how he plays the game. Yes, how seriously used as a rookie the Advanced Football IQ.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Just can't you see them saying, Okay, this guy, now, let's check out his film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, there's no doubt about it. It is the price of admission, as JG like, yes, say right there, the price of admission, and you definitely have that price. You've paid that price. But watching you play as well, man, I love how you play. You go ahead, man, right to the wall. Yeah, I appreciate it, And that's something I appreciate a lot about you.
Speaker 4: Hey, a reminder you can learn more about Arizona Cardinals single game tickets, the Premium seating, the new luxury field seating for all the infoco at Azycardinals dot Com slash tickets, Asycardinals dot Com slash tickets. We continue with Rabbit. It is the Big Red Rage presented by sandtan Ford and Gilbert Live at Trophy and Chandler at Price Road in Queen Pree.
Speaker 3: I was trying to get to the line quickly one in counting to your receivers left one right, with one fifteen. First down snapped to Party straight through I in trouble hit and the ball flutter's far side. He and Tysier White with a diving interception to win the game.
Speaker 4: At midfield.
Speaker 3: Party got hit, the ball fluttered and Kaiser White caught up to it, pulled it in and the Cardinals are gonna get one in San France.
Speaker 1: Bap the pig into the air and Kaiser White comes down with it.
Speaker 3: It was Jalen Thompson that got pressure on Rock Party and Kaiser White with the pick.
Speaker 1: I'm getting the mohawk.
Speaker 4: Baby. See we're not making that up right. Yeah, it's uh. And you know what, Wolf had a viable out because both the GM and the head coach at different times came up to Wolf and they really they were borderline pleading with don't do it. You don't have to do it, you don't have to get the mohawk. But you know, low key, I think Wolf really wanted one. I think, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Know you're right about that. I'm gonna go ahead and actually bring it down a little bit more too on the side. That's what I thank you. Stuff it in, you know, proof it all up on top, all fan it out like Punk Rock, You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. All right, here we go big red rage and a big win against the Niners. And before we move on to the Packers, would you like the most about a defensive shutout of Rock Perty in the forty nine ers? That second half Rabbit, I mean, that's the lowest passer rating he's had all year. He had the two picks, there were one for six in the red zone. What did you like the most about how the Cardinals played in that second half? Defensively?
Speaker 5: Man, just coming in making the adjustments. You know, we knew that offense is going to come back out and should we didn't character score us, they don't score again, and we scored. We went and we scored a couple of times. We win the game. So that was kind of like the mindset, come out, we know what we gotta do. We knew what kind of game we expeced it to be. Got out a little hand right before the have, but we knew what kind of game we were gonna have to go in and play. So just like max A is a boxing mas like, it's a physical game. Like I played literally almost like almost half the game, and I felt just like I played the whole game. So yeah, it's definitely a difference from you know, the games I'm used to playing.
Speaker 1: So you know, rabbits they had the forty nine Ers had four possessions in the second half. All of them were turnovers on downs. Was one of them two picks in a fumble? Yeah, that's how those possessions ended.
Speaker 5: I think I just speak to our team, man, like how so yeah, just showing like how resilient we are, you know, coming in It's like I said, we knew what kind of game it was gonna be. So just the preparation and the heart that we laid out in the second half, like you con genually, like when we got into the locker room, it was like everyone was so like so exhausted, but it was a great time, like big, big win on the roads. So it was it was a party. But after that game we were like, yeah, we felt that, but it was good to come out you know, on the on the good side.
Speaker 4: So now you get the Green Bay Packers, Right, it's the NFL's second oldest rivalry Cardinals. Packers goes back to nineteen twenty one. Man, tons of history, right, I mean, where do you see the stadium, Lambeau Field. It's epic, Kyler.
Speaker 5: I've been hearing all about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Kyler said, even he's looking forward, you know, just seeing it. What have you been hearing? And how excited are you just to make the road trip itself and see Lambeau Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we're leaving early, so hopefully the area we're in, you know, trying to find the good food spots, you know, that's kind of what I go establishing. But yeah, they're a good football team. We have our upsides and downsides on them. So you know, just going in playing another complete game, this is a good opportunity. You know, coming off and win last week, you know, teams got a little juice and everything, and then going to another back to back road wins. That'd be huge for the season right there.
Speaker 1: So okay, I just got to ask you this quickly before we let Paul do his thing right here. But I'm you a foodie. Did you like food?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love food?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What what's your favorite? So?
Speaker 5: If I had to go, like one thing on the planet, it's like, but like if it's I like gravy, so like chicken fried steak? Oh yeah, chicken fries steak. I could do that almost almost every day.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, I had that in Buffalo. Well, Wolf, Wolf actually took us out to dinner in Buffalo. Boom. I got the chicken fried steak. You know, I'm not sure why. In Buffalo, I probably should have got the white fish. But anyway, I'm with you on that rabbit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like, well, big barbecue guy, Okay, there you go, big barbecue.
Speaker 8: Like.
Speaker 5: I'm really like, I really like.
Speaker 1: They learned that. I love carriage.
Speaker 5: I like awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See I just started eating oysters not too long ago. I like him. Yea, yeah, I could do it. Oh no, yeah, I could do him.
Speaker 4: This is a this is a tough time here for Wolf, though, because he has this irrational aversion to squash and pumpkins. I like squash, yeah, man, yeah, so you can get some therapy on that, kind.
Speaker 5: Of like pumpkin. I'm not too big on the pumpkin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: We also have this aversion to Jordan Love and the Green Bay offense, with which leads the NFL and explosive plays. In fact, here's the head coach Jonathan Gannon on the Green Bay.
Speaker 7: Oh, they throw the ball at people's heads and they got explosive players, the run games good. Jacobs is a really good player. The scheme is really good. But what jumps out on the tape to me is they can throw it over your head. So we got to be on the details of that. You know, they're one of the top teams in the lead and explosive plays and that's how they score points.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they beat the Rams last week. They had a sixty six yarder, they had a fifty three yarder, So I'm guessing that's been a point of emphasis this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, for sure. I mean, you know we're capable of we know what they're capable of. So at the end of the day, it's just us going in, you know, getting into another battle one. You know, a great day to play football. You know it's going to be good weather, iconic stadium for me, so you know, just going in getting winning that that always be a memory. So really looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: So what do you see of Jordan Lof of course the Packers quarter back on tape and what are your thoughts?
Speaker 5: So he's a dude, not gonna lie. He's a good player. He's actually my host when I went on my official visit to Vintall State. Yeah, yeah, he probably doesn't even remember me, but yeah, he was my host when I went in there on my visit, so and only that was like really the only my first official I went on. So yeah, that was pretty cool. So it's kind of cool, like I've always watched him, you know, watching him grow and he's become a good player. You know, I was always room for im, permit for everybody, but nothing, are you going to.
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 5: I was gonna beat him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you should go talk to Chris Barnes, Cardinals linebacker, because they grew up together. He's known Jordan Love since they were eight. They played in high school together.
Speaker 5: Oh that's what's up.
Speaker 4: And so then there were roommates in Green Bay because they were both the same rookie year or one year apart. So that's pretty crazy. Here's Brude Baker on Jordan Love.
Speaker 8: Was able to see him throw the ball a little bit in the off season. You know, the spind reminds me, of course of Aaron Rodgers. But you know, just a real great guy, real great player, makes his reachs, can throw the ball inside the pocket, outside of the pocket. You know, I've never played against him personally, so definitely excited to play the Packers play Jordan Love.
Speaker 5: He's a great QB.
Speaker 4: Here's the crazy thing. He leads the NFL on average touchdown passes per game. No, he missed two games per game. He also leads the NFL in interceptions per game. Sounds like he's I've never seen him in person. Sounds like he's a risk taker like me, and he does. He's aggressive and he'll go downfield, so there might be opportunities maybe.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I see it this way, man, and I see it the same way for offense. And I'm gonna speak for them. When you got a good team, you got good players, you know you got you gotta put the ball in the area to give it to him, you know, that's what makes That's what makes especially like those offensive players, like those receivers, like that's what make them them, Like you know, thinking about like the Megatrons and all the other Julio just throwing the ball, so like, I mean, I feel like that's what he's doing. He trusts, He trusts his players just how just as much kind of trust is our guys, Like you know, our guys are better than those guys. So that's why we throw marve the ball. That's why, George, that's why we hand the ball off the jay. See. So it's kind of like a part of that factor. You know, you can't go in there and see it as okay. He leads the leads an intertestion because you know, we go in and do our job. He can have a perfect game and then we we don't add a factor to that. So you know, it just goes into you know what we can fall back on when we get there.
Speaker 4: So the way they're using you, now, are you more comfortable in the box or is it deep center field type safety?
Speaker 5: I think I'm just comfortable on the field, man, like a lot of Yeah. I love you know what they seeing me and the roles that I get to play, you know, drop down, get to play a little bit of a little bit of everywhere on the field, you know. So yeah, man, just keep staying ready.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. If you want a good listen this week, check out the day Patch podcast featuring Fox Sports broadcaster Tom Ornaldi. Here's on the sidelines. Great stories from that game that Cardinals win at the forty nine ers, some real insight into James Connor. He goes back to the pit days when James Conner beat cancer. Those guys are really tight and there's some great stories from Tom or Noldy and it's just a great listen wherever you get your podcast. The Day Pash Podcast. This week we continue with Rabbit Cardinals Safety presented by Santan Fordy and Gilbert. It's the Big Red rage at Trophy in Chandler.
Speaker 3: Snap to Murray and he's gonna keep him running to the right. He's got river at the forty five forties. He points to the sky as he takes off at the thirty at the twenty the ten to five touchdown a design run for Tyler Murray. It goes for fifty yards. He's barking at the crowd in the end zone. In less than two minutes in the Cardinals have the first score of the game.
Speaker 4: Murray under center, trying to make it a two point game.
Speaker 3: Murray takes handoff counter up the middle, gets handed at the goal line and powers in second effort. James Connor gets two points and it's a two point game. The Cardinals are very much in this game. At the eleven twenty five.
Speaker 1: Mark, all is fair in love war and driving somebody into the ground isn't that right?
Speaker 4: James Connor cram that vertical San Francisco? How about it? As James Connor, by the way, on those last two scoring drives by the Cardinals ran it twelve times for seventy two yards. Yes, I mean well, true or false? The Cardinals offense is at its best when mister James Conner right is the point man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pay, there's no doubt about it. Once again he sets the table I think for everybody else, just attacking it in a very vertical kind of way. And what I love, I love to see eleven personnel, twelve personnel, thirteen personnel, a lot of different personnel groups instill cramming it vertical and attacking it. And I thought what we did, especially in that second half against the forty nine ers, has really attacked the A gaps as well. And James Connor running the ball is a joy to watch. It just is. It's the game of football. You're trying to run as hard as you can and try to bury somebody else and sometimes you got the ball in your hand and that's what jac does. Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, when Kyler ripped off that fifty yard touchdown run, not only was that the fastest run by a quarterback in over eight years, twenty one point three miles per hour. But that was thirteen personnel. All three tight ends got their blocks in, so that was really well executed by the way. Rabbit is our guest, and I'm curious, what have you found out about Kyler the athlete just being on the same field with Kyler and has that been sort of a different experience to have one of the fastest dudes on the field be the quarterback.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it's insane. Obviously, he's going back to his high school days. Like, I mean, everybody knew who Kyler Murray was, but I've never seen him play in person before. Like I've always seen like, you know, clips, maybe watch a little bit of a game, but like being with him every single day, like it was different. Just the way he like runs the ball. It's like a little video game character. Yeah no, yeah, no, He's he's something else, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Paul Everything. Think. One of the challenges I think for Drew Petson going forward is going to be not to get carried away and give too many scheduled runs to Kyler Murray, too many called runs for Kyler Murray. I think once again, they're going to have to be very judicial in how they delineate the carries. For Kyler Murray, I want to see him do more of a scheduled run from time to time, maybe two to three, maybe four, get a little crazy four called runs where you give it to him bump. But also I want to see him take that ball and pull it down a little bit more, a little off schedule, some of the off schedule runs. That's how I'd like to see him run, because I think it's where he's the most effective, and he can move the chains as well. Well.
Speaker 4: You know, Green Bays Defense has something in their plan. You know, they're very aware as the Cardinals going to Lambeau and we're going there, you realize, Okay, let's see what do they do well the Friday fish fries, you know, and beer and brats and cheese curds, and then at Lambo they do a really good job of pregame flyovers. Here's two thousand and six.
Speaker 3: Oh no, welcome back to landbou.
Speaker 4: Man. I wish i'd have known that was coming. Whoa, whoa did you know that was coming? I had no idea.
Speaker 1: I looked up and all of a sudden a couple of F eighteen hornets right over the stadium.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised you're still alive after that.
Speaker 4: WHOA, Hello, get a doctor in here. I had no idea that was coming.
Speaker 1: I believe that's buzzing the tower.
Speaker 4: That was a live on air moment right before kickoff. Not Rabbit, that really Wolf, did you go? Did you go down to it?
Speaker 1: Very shaved? Was actually down. I mean I did kind of like throw my arms off. But David went underneath the counter, did he? Not Holmes, that's he did. He went underneath the counter. A couple of F eighteen's just buzzing right over the top, and they were, oh they were no doubt.
Speaker 4: All right. So look, I don't know what's planned for a Sunday, but I do know that Kyler Murray is very excited to go to Lambeau. Here's the quarterback.
Speaker 10: It's gonna be a good challenge for a school on the road. Place I haven't played before. Personally, you know, I'm really excited to go up there first time. Great environment, really historic place, A lot of great players that play in that stadium, so I'm excited about it.
Speaker 4: Now, Rabbit, you have a lot in common with Ron Wolfley. Okay, you know the draft pick all I get. Don't do what Wolf does. Every time he goes to Lambeau. He goes down on the field, and really, Wolf, I mean I might have to make a citizens arrest this time.
Speaker 1: I know I'm throwing it, Paul.
Speaker 4: No, Wolf walks down there and he gets well, he helps himself to some turf, to some grab it.
Speaker 1: It's not a big deal. Just walk out. It's Lambeau Field. I mean it's Lambbau. So there there. Grass is always a little longer.
Speaker 5: There's no time already.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so you know this. It's thicker and it's longer. So you know what, I just grab a handful of it, put in the just boom, No, he's sick him my pocket. This matter of fact, I stick at in my pocket, bat and it's there the whole broadcast. Just stick it in the pocket and all of a sudden, every now and then you pull a blade of grass up. Look, I got Lambeau right, nice, so cool.
Speaker 4: We talked about the receivers. We talked about the quarterback. Let's talk about Josh Jacobs right five to ten, two twenty five plus runs really hard. You talk about James Connor. He sort of has a similar mentality, doesn't he.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's uh, he's an Oklahoma guy too, so looking for you know, you get to play against him definitely. I mean don't know him, but uh just know you know the guys that make it out of Oklahoma and you know there's some players, you know, so not too many of us. NIC's a good guy, a real explosive, patient guy. You know, runs well behind his pads. So yeah, it's gonna be it's gonna be a test. You know, he's only they're like, what did he say? There's only some things you can do? The like they're look like those guys like you just slow him down a little bit. You know, they're gonna do their thing, you know, but we got a good plan, you know, to go, you know, shut him down a little bit.
Speaker 1: He is so thick when you watch him on tape, I mean you know, he is so thick.
Speaker 5: No, he's a good guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And how he runs, I.
Speaker 5: Mean watching that, watching that Bamilely.
Speaker 1: Yeuh yeah, I think he's He's really an in between the tackles type guy. That's where I think he shines. Some guys they kind of like getting out on the edge. Some guys can do both, right. I think he's more of an in between the tackles type runner. It's not that he can't get outside, but he doesn't have blazing speed. He's just got super power. It's just hard to tackle and knock off his feet.
Speaker 5: He's disclosure though. When he hits that hole though, like when it's on to go, he can get you a little bit.
Speaker 1: But he got a burst.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: When you when you went to safety from running back and you made that transition to college, how hard was it for you to learn the art of tackling and was that Yeah, what was the degree? Was that one of the toughest aspects of making the transition?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I really didn't know how to Im not gonna lie me. I obviously like played bass, so like I'm known about, like I never had to do it, like literally in high school when we had like defensive piers, like me and the quarterback, we sitting on a city skidos right hanging out kicking it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So yeah, when I got to switch it over to defense, Yeah, it was definitely like defins shit was like a big like learning period, Like yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, speaking of tackling. One of the most entertaining things that can happen on football field is when a big man picks up a fumball or maybe there's a deflection. You saw it with the Kansas City or right they who were they playing? It was Kaelin Saunders right and he had the interception and the rated calling stuff. So the question wrong, Jimal Mahunter to Paris Johnson Junior. We want you to think about this as well. Which big guy in the Cardinals roster would you want to see with the ball in his hands rolling?
Speaker 1: I think Beach.
Speaker 11: I think if Beach took it all, I think I would absolutely lose it. Do all the non negotiables, take my helmet off, absolutely just launch.
Speaker 1: It like I would lose. You You would think I scored.
Speaker 11: If I saw Beach pick up the ball and take off like stef Farm, somebody hurt or died for the pylon, I would start dying laughing like it would be the best, It would be the best thing ever.
Speaker 4: Thirteen year veteran right tackle Kelvin Beachum, what what would be your choice?
Speaker 1: Rappit?
Speaker 4: Who would be your choice?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: He got a good one. Man, Yeah, yeah, If tarry one doesn't know beach Beach is like seventeen year vet old line like he is he is an old cat. Yeah, so honestly if I've seen that too, I don't know about breaking an one Theghostia boos because I'm not Paris, you know not. Yeah, but uh, i'd be lit to but I probably have to say, like d rov Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about how about Roy Lopez? That wouldn't be bad.
Speaker 5: That would be bad. It makes it like, it makes it like real, like you know, like funny because like all the big guys, you don't never see him like open up for real. So like the running mechanics might be a little funny, like you might. You might have didn't know he ran like that sometimes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yelled de fro Holt right. We call him for fro Holt, right, the world's strongest man. He's a special dude, that would be he's just lower on someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why do you say that he's a special thoud about yoga?
Speaker 5: He's a man. He's like one of those dudes. You look at him like you probably be terrified you didn't know, but like he is, like he's a cool dude, Like he's there every he walks in probably about five ten minutes after I get to the building every single morning, or he might be there before me some days.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, he's just so you're there early.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I get there. I get to get the build early.
Speaker 1: I get warmed up.
Speaker 5: Man, yeah, I gotta get warmed up. But yeah, no Froze, cool guy. And he's big protein guy. I remember one day we coached, let him break out practice, and I'm just like, I'm just like a little tired. You know, he's got out of little practice. He's like protein protein on three.
Speaker 4: I know, it's awesome, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: For fun.
Speaker 4: In his downtime, he goes into his gym and he throws around Atlas stones. I mean, he's yeah, some rabbit. We really enjoyed it. REALLYCT you guys have me as always special.
Speaker 1: Thanks Jim E.
Speaker 4: Monro, Cody fitcherwald Ellis, Lawrence Ellis, Matt Lazarus. For rabbit, I'll Paul calvic Ron Wolfley. That'll do it. For The Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford in Gilbert Kwame.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Big Red Rage presented by santan Ford and Gilbert right on the price right on the corner of the Santan two to two Freeway in Valvista. The Rage is brought to you by Arizona Cardinals Podcast. Visit Azycardinals dot com slash podcast.
Speaker 1: We're gonna see a little, big red rage football right here.
Speaker 2: This has been an exclusive presentation of the Arizona Cardinals Football Club.