Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is the DJ Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our brother Ac with us this morning, A and we got a special guest in the building, the champions here Amanda surround A welcome. How are you feeling.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling great, feeling great.
Speaker 4: A little too early for me, but for you guys, I'll sacrifice parade yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it was amazing. It was it was. I was there in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: I got honored as my Guinness for the world records for seven division and it was like a complete different parade.
Speaker 3: This time. Everyone knew who I was, my name. Is just felt so welcoming and so awesome.
Speaker 5: You want to, like you just said, titles in seven different weight classes. Are you chasing greatness? Are you chasing something something deeper?
Speaker 4: I'm chasing legacy, and I believe I've accomplished that already. You know, I'm the first Puerto Rican to become undisputed male or female and first seven division world champions. So now it's just doing other stuff, making money, making money and opening the doors and continue to open the doors for women in the sport.
Speaker 6: You know you he mentioned seven divisions. People don't realize how difficult that is. The only fighter that has done more is Manny Packard we just talked about him has done eight divisions. Yeah, yeah, but that's what's in the in the books, right. So so what she's done is like it's insane, right, But there's another division that you haven't fought in one seven, right, And I just want to throw that out there because I know that Clarissa is a lot bigger. She's fighting heavyweight one fifty four, one sixty, but she's a big name in the sport. And for some reason, you girls were cool. But it's like tension, Like you put out a tweet that I actually respected your tweet, like because it's kind of like you were fed up of her attacking MVP, your promoter. It is that a pipe jam if it ever came, if she came down on one forty seven, could that fight ever happen?
Speaker 3: What's your natural weight?
Speaker 4: First, I'm the champion currently, I'm the featherweight champion, which is one hundred and twenty six pounds twenty pounds. I am fighting for the title. I wont forty with Katie Taylor. But respectfully, I respect Clarissa what she's done in the sport. I respect her as an athlete, her accomplishments. But I came here today to talk about July eleventh, to talk about me, to talk about the girls that are making history at Manison Square Garden on Netflix.
Speaker 3: So ye, she.
Speaker 5: Said something, she said that the Many eight is questionable.
Speaker 3: Why because he won two division two divisions.
Speaker 4: They weren't world titles. There were regional titles. All my divisions was world titles.
Speaker 1: Got you?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I need to ask, you know, when gaining that much weight, right when you're naturally won twenty six and you have to gain twenty pounds, how does that affect you? Affect your speed, affect your strength, and infect your mental It does?
Speaker 3: It does affect you. People don't't realize it.
Speaker 4: It's harder for me to go up and weigh than to make the lower weight because I walk around one thirty four one thirty five, So it's easy for me to drop ten pounds. But when I'm going up a lot of these girls they can withhold my power. They can, you know they can. You know the power is I still have power at that way. But it's just a lot easier for them to have hold it, and it's.
Speaker 3: It's I have to be constantly eating.
Speaker 4: My trainer, my sister. Everyone's like forcing me, you have to eat, you have to eat.
Speaker 5: Eat healthy.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, I'm not. I'm not hungry. I just finished training.
Speaker 4: I'm not hungry. And they're like, no, you have to eat because I can lose weight really.
Speaker 5: Really fast if you believe you ate healthy. Yesterday after definitely.
Speaker 3: You know, everybody know what's Honestly, I didn't, but I have a fried fish sandwich.
Speaker 4: It's probably not Puerto Rican food, but it was just it was crazy.
Speaker 3: It was crazy.
Speaker 7: Well, you're you're fighting, speaking of July eleventh, you are fighting Katie Tailor. You already for her twice. Now, what are you doing differently this fight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: I brought in Nowpie people for the camp. I have a nutrition coach now, Sidney Miller. She's been helping me feeding me good food.
Speaker 3: I have a running coach. His name is Spencer.
Speaker 4: He's the one who helped Turn of That and all his fights, so that's been a great help for me. I hire another assistant coach that's helping me keep my distance helping me with my head movement and boxing and stuff like that. But listen, me and Katie had twenty great rounds together.
Speaker 3: We bring great fights.
Speaker 4: We show the fans that we can't fight, and this fight is going to be no different.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: We ad headlining Madison Square Garden, an all girl card, and the good thing is that all these girls are coming to fight, so we don't know who's going to be the fight of the night, so all of us are stepping our game up.
Speaker 3: I'm stepping my game up.
Speaker 4: I need this when on paper, I believe I want both fights, but this one is different because I need the judges to see that I want this fight, eat this fight on paper. So yeah, we're working a little different, smarter, and I believe this the third times.
Speaker 6: The charm and you know the fact that they're fighting a trilogy, even though Katie got both decisions, speaks to like how close those fights were and how many people felt you even won both of those fights. What fight you think was close out of the first two.
Speaker 3: The first one, the first one was a good fight.
Speaker 4: My coach told me after the fight, he said, I think his ninety six ninety four is pretty close. So when the first judge said that, he looked at me, he said, you see, I got we got it.
Speaker 3: But the second one I think was pretty clear that I want.
Speaker 4: I landed one hundred and seven more punches on Katie.
Speaker 3: To every people say that I get hit a lot. Listen, one hundred and seven punches. That's a lot of punches.
Speaker 4: And the first one was the fifth of the second one was the first.
Speaker 3: In a couple of rounds.
Speaker 4: Like I've heard Katie every fight, both fights that I've heard, or She's never really hurt me other than the head. But but you know, I respect Katie as a fighter. She's a great fighter, great champion, and she's gonna come to fight. She needs this win to be like convincingly. She needs the fans to say, Okay, Katie won this fight, and listen, I'm a professional, I'm a champion. If Katie was to beat me, like clearly, I would say, pats off to Katie. Katie, you're a great champion, you're a great fighter.
Speaker 3: You beat me. But I just don't feel it.
Speaker 4: The fans don't feel it, my team doesn't feel it, doesn't see it. So I'm like, God, just this one is like this, Like the last hurrah.
Speaker 2: How do you feel confidence in the judges during that now, right, because you think you lost, you think you wont both of them. You feel like you would cheat it. So how do you still have that confidence in the system and the judges because you punch, you show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 4: That's the only thing that I'm like, ah, we need we need better judges, and hopefully the team gets that work before I step into that ring, because I feel like those two fights it was like four against one or five against one because it's the judges, Katie and the referee. The referee wasn't on my side the last fight as well, So I just want a fair fight. I just want me and Katie to fight and the winner, you know, takes it all.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just how do you fix the politics of boxing though, because I mean you can clearly watch those fights until boxing politics came into place, So how do you fix it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And it's not just my fight, you know, it's you see it every day every time there's a fight.
Speaker 3: I mean that I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if if the judges are influenced by the crowd or the influence by the promoters or it's just really hard. I don't know what they're thinking, what they're seeing. I don't know if they need to watch it in a screen because I watch fights front row and it's really hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so hard to.
Speaker 4: See a good fight. Sometimes the referee gets in the way. I just don't know what they're seeing. I've seen fights where the judges have to like be moving around to actually see the action, and then if the person's back is against that one judge, you don't know what's happening. So I don't know if maybe a screen be a better I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Any better judges.
Speaker 6: I mean, boxing is the only sport where you can keep messing up at your job and never get fired. Like judges that judge bad fights always wind up judging more fights, you know. So I think the Commission and all the States needs to the judges need to be judged sometimes. But I want to go back to the second fight. What round was it that you got the cut?
Speaker 1: Again? I feel for the four So you fought six rounds with blood in your eye?
Speaker 6: How do how do how do you avoid those butts? Like going into the third fight? Like, is there a strategy where we know what Katie does like, is there something you're gonna do to kind of avoid getting hit with the head again?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I'm maintaining all distance definitely, because once I heard her, I know she's going to come in and try to hold me and try to grab me and then use her head. I mean, she's very good at using her head. Not taking anything away from Katie, she's the great champion.
Speaker 3: And she's very very skillful fighter.
Speaker 4: But you know, I think what I've got hurt the most was with the head. And the second head butt was so painful, Like people don't know. The first one, I was like, okay, whatever, but the second one, it was a very open wound and it hit the bone and I was like I saw black for a second. I was like, what is going on? That's why I was just so I was pissed off. I was like, oh my god. And then there was no help with the referee. The referee wasn't really warning her with the head. But listen, this happens in the sport of boxing, and it's just onto the next one.
Speaker 7: You did say third time, as I'm with you, but are you prepared for it to go the other way?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 7: What what do it mean for you to win, I mean to lose the third time to Katie's.
Speaker 4: It will suck my god, three times, I mean. But but I'm not thinking about that. I'm not putting that into the universe. I'm manifesting a win like I always do. But you know, like I said, if if she wins the way she's supposed to win, then I'm gonna be like, listen, Okay, she got it. But I'm just hoping that the judges are watching the fight in different.
Speaker 3: Differently.
Speaker 5: Well, you and Katie had the best fight on that that car because Jake Paul and tights and sucked right. But when I think about that fight, I think about how bloody it was, like it looked like Mortal Kombat. How much does it how much does that take out of you?
Speaker 3: Well, it takes a.
Speaker 4: Lot of a lot of you, you know, honestly, knowing that you have this car, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Blessed that I have a great, a great corner. My cup man was amazing. I did not know.
Speaker 4: How big the cut was until I saw it and the monitor and the monitor you could it was.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that bad. When I went to the back to get stitched uff, I was like.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I brought a tea to my eye because I thought about my family back home watching now on Netflix. I was like, oh, because I know it looks a lot worse on TV. So but it takes a lot all that blood and then it wasn't just that one headbutt. It just kept happening and her rubbing her head on it, so you definitely can feel it. I believe if I did lose around it was the round after the cut, because that was just like probably still in pain. But that didn't stop me. You show you saw the heart I had in there.
Speaker 3: I was like, let's go, let's keep fighting. And but it can't take a lot of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's been men with smaller cuts that can't continue and quit before her. So Jake Paul has signed so many women obviously this are all girls card. He's done a lot for women's boxing. Do you feel like you are kind of the reason because you know what he'd done with your career and uh and how successful you've been. That's why women are saying I want to go there, Look what he look Look what a man has been able to do.
Speaker 4: Listen Jake Paul and the case of Adarian MP have changed my life completely. They have changed the sport of female boxing, and I am super proud to be part of them. And yes, yes, I believe that they these women. In the beginning, these a lot of people had a lot of stuff to see say about Jake and and I took that chance to be with Jake Paul because when I met Jake Paul and the KISA, they told me where they wanted to go. They asked me how much I was getting paid, what you want to do in the sport and whatever. They made sure the first card that I was Cana, he he said, I want the whole card to make the most money that they made, So he paid me the most money I got.
Speaker 1: Paid before that. How much have you what was your biggest paid before?
Speaker 4: Not definitely, not seven figures, way less than that. You know, I got paid four thousand dollars for world title fights. I got paid four thousand dollars for tying up with Miguel Color becoming a full division world champion.
Speaker 3: Four thousand, so.
Speaker 4: You know, section sanction fees and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been it's been a journey.
Speaker 4: I got paid a peanuts, like it's sometimes I got paid nothing, just to fight just to stay to maintain. But yeah, that's the difference with Jake Paul and these women. Now that they see that we're making me Katie making millions or just making noise and my fan base how much it grew being under Jake Paul there now they want to come along. But I guess they had to see what was what he really wanted to do with female boxing, and he proved it. He proved it with me and now he's proving it. Come July eleventh, the first in history at MSG on Netflix. I am super proud to be part of that. And like I said before, this is going to be a car you don't want to miss because we have two on disputer championship, three unified champions championships, and you just don't know who is going to be the fighter of the night.
Speaker 2: Now, you recently pushed for twelve three minute rounds women's boxing, You push for that hard?
Speaker 3: Why so much?
Speaker 4: Because we talk about equality in the sport of female box and one way to do it is to fight the same time the men fight. You know, we fight, so some men complain that, oh well, they fight less than us and for two minutes tay around.
Speaker 3: Why you want to.
Speaker 4: Get paid just like us. So I believe it's one step. We want equality, so we have to fight for what we believe, for what we want. And I'm a big advocate for the twelve three. Katie, she said the rematch, she said, she shook my hand and said that we can if we fight again, we can do it, and she.
Speaker 3: Like that promised. So, I mean, we were fighting ten.
Speaker 4: Two, but I would prefer the twelve three because I believe if I had that extra minute, I can definitely hurt her and finish her. But I think a lot of us women wouldn't want that because we have a lot more time to show our skills. I believe that the ten tools it's like a sprint for women's boxing, and then the twelve three is like a little jog and marathon. We can showcase more of our skills, have more time to get these knockouts.
Speaker 6: Rumor has a year the reason why Netflix wanted to stay in boxing after the first fight in Texas, like how entertaining your fight was opposed to the others, something like that.
Speaker 1: You know, Jake, Paul and Mike they wore what they were right.
Speaker 6: It was a unique type of fight, but Netflix said no, we need to see that again, and that's why you fight on Netflix?
Speaker 1: Is that true? Is there some truth today?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean the birdie said no.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's what I want to do every time.
Speaker 4: My trainer, Jordim all and Ato, he told me, whenever you have an opportunity, you see the opportunity, you go out there and you do whatever you have to do to make sure that people.
Speaker 3: Tune in, people watch you, people want you. And I knew that fight.
Speaker 4: I knew the fight with Katie Taylor was going to be a great fight. So I said, no, matter what I do, I have to just give my all that that night, and I did. And look and now Netflix believed in me and Katie so much that they gave us our own card with all women. So they believe in us women. And that's something that really touches me. And that really it gets me excited because now we have these big, big networks, big stadiums, big people, big sponsors that are giving their money, giving their time to promote and to just give us this the spotlight. And I'm excited.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you mentally and emotionally, was it harder fighting her the second time? Or harder to lose to her the second time.
Speaker 4: I guess I want to have thought about that, but I guess losing to her because when you're a fighter, you're mentally you You go in there, you physically prepare yourself and you mentally prepare yourself. So me, I felt I felt good physically and mentally, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I'd be her the first time.
Speaker 4: This time I'm going there were more confidence and and.
Speaker 3: Then then it go my way.
Speaker 4: So I was like, gosh, and I and I knew and I felt that I won that fight because I kept coming forward and I landed more punches. I do more punches, and for the for the judges not to see in my way, it's just like a man that sucks.
Speaker 1: What about the Puerto Rican people?
Speaker 6: You bought a house in Puerto Rican, you've been living there when you went back after that fight? What what did the Puerto Rican people say about the second fight?
Speaker 4: To this day, honestly, if I had a dollar for every person that told me that I won that fight was just But to this day, people are like, we got this from gud this you know, we need to knock out and you want, you want, you want, and I'm like, I know, I like, I'm happy and proud that I gave my fans, I gave my my island such happiness and joy that I did my job.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, okay, but I still need that win.
Speaker 2: How does it feel a fight with, you know, Puerto Rico on your back?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Those are something the biggest fights when you have like a whole island, a whole group of people supporting you. I mean, we've seen it at the Puerto Rican Day Parade, over a million plus people. How does that feel because you can't let them down there?
Speaker 4: Know that it's it's I mean with Puerto Ricans, as long as you go out there and you fight, you give it your all, they're super proud of you. But that's one thing. When I see my flag and when I see my people and hear my people cheering for me, that just gives me so much more to go out there. Like yesterday, We've seen all those people screaming for me, and I'm like, I gotta go today to the gym and.
Speaker 3: I gotta work my butt off.
Speaker 4: That's so hard because I don't want to let them down, and I don't. I don't if I give it my all, I'm not letting them down, but it's just it's not me, it's the judges guys.
Speaker 3: But it just it just brings me so much more, like ah, yeah, like I got I have to do it for them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't even know how to at least at at least say it's a draw, right, you know what I mean, like just to give it or to win. How did those losses shape you, not just as a fighter, but just as a woman in a competitor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we always turn those l to w's right. That's what Jake Paul says.
Speaker 3: It's not losing his learning.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we definitely go back to the gym and and and my team they've been watching the both fights and then they see what we need to work on and that's what we've been working on in the gym.
Speaker 3: And just go with it. And just like mentally, I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm okay, I'm still going in there with more confidence knowing that I can hurt her and I did hurt her and I wont. But it's just just just just being ready.
Speaker 3: I'm putting in the work.
Speaker 4: I make sure that I check all my boxes before I go out there. I'm running, I'm sparring. I'm training hard, I'm eating right, getting my recovery done. So as long as I do that, I know I'll be okay.
Speaker 2: Now, you jumped in MMA for a little bit. Yeah, you did pro wrestling for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeh, i'n't done pro wrestling. I practiced it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Is it the challenge or is it, you know, the competitive nature, or is it the money?
Speaker 4: Well, honestly, the MMA difference MMA was part of money because my MMA contract at the time was bigger than my boxing contract and I was a six division, seven division world chapping at time. So I was like, Okay, I do it. It's fighting, let's try it. I mean, MMA is really really hard, but yeah, I think it's just the competitiveness in me. Like I just I love fighting. I love going out there. I love proving to myself that I can do it. I never thought that I would be where I'm at now, being a champion, being a multiple division world champion. I never started boxing to become a world champion. I did it to have something in common with my sister Cindy, who was a former world champion as well.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, yeah, I'll try it. I'll try it.
Speaker 4: But look how I changed the sport of boxing, and I think it's just right now. It's I accomplish everything I wanted to accomplish, and now it's just opening those doors for those women, young girls looking at me in the sport and showing them that anything is possible, that you can do this and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. There were so many times that I wanted to retire because it was just not worth it. The money in boxing, so much work you have to put in, and I wasn't getting paid anything. So I was like, but thank god, Jake Paul came into my life, change my life, my career, and now I can change other women's lives.
Speaker 6: Now youve the top putting top erna in female boxing, in all of boxing. You talked about contracts. Right to my understanding, you have a lifetime contract with MVP. Now, like, I don't think any woman has ever had any type of contract like that.
Speaker 1: What does that look like? What does that mean exactly?
Speaker 4: What that just means once I retire that I have part of MVP the company. I will be part of the women's side of it. That's my goal, that's my love. I love empowering women. I love seeing women grow on the sport Listen. I always told the girls if it wasn't for me, I want to see them grow. I want to see them make the money. So if I if the next generation of the women make ten million dollars, I'm like yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: There cheering, like yes, I help that because we're making a little bit of millions now. But we wanted to grow.
Speaker 4: We want to see the the women's boxing grow.
Speaker 3: So that's my that's my thing.
Speaker 2: They talk about Jake, how did y'all meet? How did y'all meet and decide to start doing business?
Speaker 3: Well, I met Jake.
Speaker 4: I had four his on the car when he made his pro debut back in twenty twenty, and I knew knew of Jake because of my nephews. They were big Jake Jake Paul fans.
Speaker 3: So I met him there.
Speaker 4: And then Jake Paul wanted to empower women and put a woman on his on his car when he fought in Cleveland and it was for showtime at the time, and Steven Espinoza he said, I have this young lady who fought for me a couple of times, and man, the Surrando you should look her up.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 4: And then they reached out and then said do you want to fight on Jake Paul on the car?
Speaker 3: And I was like why not?
Speaker 4: You know, he has different viewers, she has a different audience. So I was like, that would be amazing. And then they talked about the pay with the pain. I was like, okay, we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna get Yes, let's do it.
Speaker 4: And then after that he saw that I fought a tough Mexican champion. It went the distance, but we had a great fight, and and they liked the way I fought, like the way I act. And they spoke to my manager Jordan, and they said, what you want to do. We're going to start a company called m VP. Well you would you like to be a part of it? And we said, you know what. At that time, we was like.
Speaker 3: We're over.
Speaker 4: We're not getting the respect, we're not getting the paid I was ready a seven division world champion, unified world champion, and we still wasn't. So when they gave us the cold opportunity, he said, now let's do it.
Speaker 2: They said that when you first met him, you went to reach your hand out.
Speaker 3: Yeah this kid, Yeah, it was true.
Speaker 4: It was true because I was so excited more for my nephews because I knew of him because I kept hearing his songs like it's every day bro, So like I knew of him. So yeah, when I shook his hand, he gave me a fist pump. But honestly, I was like, okay, whatever, But there are boxes that don't shake people hands because of the squeeze and.
Speaker 3: The knuckles or something.
Speaker 2: That they first at first at.
Speaker 4: First, and then after we spoke about that because I told him, I brought it up to him a couple of times that he laughed and he said he said that it was that he had COVID, so he didn't want to give.
Speaker 3: It to me. I was like, okay, okay, Jake, but we're cool now.
Speaker 5: He's still gonna got COVID. Do women boxes have to be with m v P to get get the best kind of looks and the best kind of money?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 4: I think we were changing the game, and I think m VP wants to continue to empower women and give us this opportunity and give us these paychecks that are unheard of. And I think, I mean, hopefully a lot of these other promoters can take a page out of MVP's book and start paying us women better and paying these women who want to sign. But it's just it's all women have to come together, continue to fight hard, continue to put on shows, and continue to prove that we deserve the paydays, we deserve the spot like and I think one day it can't change.
Speaker 6: Speaking of money and checks, you've obviously made good money in the last three years. Have you gotten to the point where now family is coming out of nowhere asking for money.
Speaker 1: I need help with this. I need help with that because I don't know.
Speaker 4: I have a really small, tight enning family. I mean now with social media, everybody's my cousin that I get a lot like, oh yeah, my cousin.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't think so. I never met you before.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, so you have to say no already, no, no, ip.
Speaker 4: Jordan's been in my life. And Jordan's also my brother in law and my trainer manager. He's been in my life for twenty five years. And he's like, this person said he's your cousin. I'm like, Jordan, you know my home that is not my cousin.
Speaker 5: Oh listen, when it comes to people like or when it comes to just mentally preparing for fight. When you hear somebody like a clarician shield say she thinks you're gonna lose, you know, against Katie for the third fight, does that bother you mentally?
Speaker 4: Listen, I go in there, I fight with everything I have. I go out there, I train, I give myself. My team gives me on all the tools that I need to go out there and perform to my best ability and to win. It's not I feel like I'm not. I didn't lose those fights. It's what the judges saw. But you know it doesn't bother me. It fused me to go out there and just prove people wrong, prove that I am the winner.
Speaker 5: Did you cry after the last fight, and if you did, was it from pain, pride or just frustration?
Speaker 3: I cry more from looking at the cut. It was a pretty big cut. And I don't I cry.
Speaker 4: I cry sometimes even when I win. It is because of happiness. But I'm cry baby, that's one thing for sure.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, no, I cry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, I was frustrated because I'm like, I did everything that I could. But obviously there's room for improvement and that's what we're working on, and that's why we're going to change for.
Speaker 3: The third fight.
Speaker 6: But you won, right seven divisions. This is obviously a big money fight, a big profile fight. But if you do get the victory finally with Katie, what's the next challenge?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 6: I know people talking about Alicia Baumgan and she's with MVP. Now she's around your weight class. What's the next big challenge for man?
Speaker 5: You know what the world wants?
Speaker 4: No, Honestly, right now, I'm just concentrating, fully, concentrating on Katie tail Like, that's the one thing that's on my mind. My goal just to go out there and finally get this one. That's a big enough challenge for me right now, this moment, the.
Speaker 3: Seconds, a whole couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: Leading up to the fight, and then after that, who knows? Who knows what the world holds for me? The team knows, and I mean they will go back and we'll figure it out.
Speaker 6: What about your team, like Nikkithsay and Jake like they have to plan ahead as a company, right, I know you got to focus on Katie, but what about what is a team saying about us next?
Speaker 3: Ah my, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: Demons taking becoming the dispiritter champion.
Speaker 3: I won't forty come.
Speaker 4: July eleven and continue continuing to help and grow women in the sport of a boxing.
Speaker 3: That's that's definitely the goal division.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I want I want forty. Then I went down and when I want fifteen.
Speaker 7: It's crazy nuts, she said, one fight at a time.
Speaker 3: Right now, and this is the biggest, a big fight.
Speaker 4: But I'm excited just to be on this card, just just to have all these women give them the spotlight so they can showcase their skills.
Speaker 3: And and who knows.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've been a professional for sixteen years, sixteen long years. It had ups, downs, good times, bad time. Right now, the last four years have been have been fun, have been beneficial, have been super super different than what I'm used to the coming up into the sports. So I'm enjoying every second, every minute of it, and I can't wait to see the future of women's boxing.
Speaker 5: When you retire. What do you want a little Puerto Rican girls to say? When they mention.
Speaker 3: Little Puerto Rican girls?
Speaker 4: I need a little girl who or boy who who believes in themselves and want to do something. Just you have to go out there and give it your all, you know, greatness required sacrifice. I sacrifice my whole life to the sport, and I'm going to continue to work for them. And just believe in yourself, surround yourself with positive people, go out there and give it your all.
Speaker 3: That's all I can ask. And I always tell the young girls.
Speaker 4: They say, oh, I want to be like you, and I tell them, don't be like me, be better than me. And that's what I want to push them for. Just always to be better than than me. And that's what I do. I always want to be better than I was yesterday or or the fight before.
Speaker 3: And that's all you have to do.
Speaker 7: You're gonna have bad Bunny or which one two Puertoricans stars that.
Speaker 3: Bunny has a concert? To say? His first concert in Puerto Rico is the night of the fight.
Speaker 7: What about Jocelyne, You know Jocelyn, She had a float and.
Speaker 1: Shrinking princess right there.
Speaker 6: So walk Katie, Katie Taylor. Chapter closed. After this third fight?
Speaker 1: Is that done?
Speaker 3: I think? I think so?
Speaker 4: You know, honestly, I said that after the second, after the first one, I was like, God, I am so tired of I love Katie and Katie is my best friend, but I'm like, how can you love and hate someone?
Speaker 6: Because the last press conference, I've never seen y'all go at it the way you did. She threw shots saying your delusion and you you came, you came with the helmet. It was the football to the press conference and sceenerator and I don't want to get so this it's.
Speaker 1: Not as freely as it was before.
Speaker 3: That was just something that was just But.
Speaker 4: Then the day after we had to do like promo and photo shoot and we were just laughing talking on like regular But yeah, I think she's kind of probably tired of me too.
Speaker 6: If you beat her and she says I want to, you won't one, let's do it again.
Speaker 3: Damn money talks.
Speaker 4: But like, honestly, I'm like I told myself as a but because it's been like I'll talk of both our names since she returned pro and we wasn't even in the same weight class at the same I was, I'm never at her same weight class, But I'm like, who is Katie?
Speaker 3: But Katie Taylor's.
Speaker 4: Brought eyes to the professional box boxing world, which which is good, but it's been like that for years. I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: We all know what the ultimate pay day is. I don't know what that weight would be between you and Clarissa, but that would be the ultimate pay day in the ultimate matching women's box.
Speaker 3: Listen, it can be.
Speaker 4: But im just like I said, I'm here promoting July eleventh, and.
Speaker 6: It's just But would you go to one forty seven? I forget about about would you you're more that fight?
Speaker 3: That's not that's not true. I'm not almost there. I can't. I can barely make going forty and as night as I want.
Speaker 4: For you, Yeah, that's good for eating good, eating and training hard, But yeah I'm not. I'm not a natural one forty a natural one thirty five. I'm a natural one twenty six. I walk around I want thirty four. So, like I said, going up and wait, it's really hard for me. It's a lot harder for me than losing weight. And people look at me like I'm crazy, Like, oh my god, losing weight is hard.
Speaker 3: No, gaining weight for me.
Speaker 1: You got fast.
Speaker 4: When I'm constantly working hard and training hard, I sweat so much and I lose I lose weight so fast.
Speaker 6: So I'm like, no, like, but you can't make one forty seven if you had.
Speaker 3: To, No, I know I can't. I won't. The heavier you go, the more you lose. Yeah, my power is still there. But like I said, this million.
Speaker 1: Al right over twenty million.
Speaker 5: I'll go up to one point, but you can whip your ass.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: How does it feel when you walk in the gym sometime and know you better than ninety nine percent a minute?
Speaker 3: He confidence?
Speaker 4: Sometimes I walk around the street and I'm like, only if they knew.
Speaker 2: We wish you the best of luck. You're fighting Madison Square Guard in July eleventh.
Speaker 3: All my Puerto.
Speaker 2: Ricans, but equads, go buy your tickets, get out.
Speaker 1: There and support.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm saying right now because I was on the float last Yes.
Speaker 3: We're making history an all woman's card. Great fights.
Speaker 4: I honestly re me and Katie had two great fights, but I don't know we're up before some good competition.
Speaker 3: This fight absolutely well.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us, Aman the Serrano.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 3: Breakfast Club