Speaker 1: Boy, rum Nitty don't want you to check me out on the Bootleg cav podcast. Huh zon Zones on.
Speaker 2: Yo Man, the Bootlet cav Podcast. We got a special guests in here, rum Nitty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah man. What's the word welcome?
Speaker 2: Welcome, sir, appreciate you long overdue representing Phoenix man my hometown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what part of Phoenix? You're from? West side? Like we're at the forty thirty Times VG. You're in the VGs man. Shout out to all the murder veils.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are in the fucking shits for sure. Shout out to Maryville man, shout out to the veil man. Yeah, no, that's crazy. I always tell everybody, like, who doesn't say like Phoenix got because you know, the south side is kind of nice.
Speaker 1: Now your south side has been coming up, the new houses over there. South side has been the grimmiest for the longest for sure.
Speaker 2: But it's like, Yo, I remember we were driving. I had a bunch of my homies from out of town in Arizona, and we drove from like downtown Phoenix to uh to the West Gate.
Speaker 1: I took the streets.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know, you take the streets. You go through all the ship. I was like, yeah, this this ship is active over here, dog, and it's like the West Side is viralss fuck. Now you see that TikTok account. The dude like goes in interviews all the crackheads and like prostitutes and ships from the streets.
Speaker 1: I've been hearing about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all on like twenty seventh Avenue and like fucking Camelback or like thirty fifth Avenue.
Speaker 1: Some of the most grammiest parts of the city. The Blade, Yeah, shit is crazy. Shout out to the Blade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to the Blade. My goodness. Anyway, So for people who don't know, man, obviously you're one of the most legendary battle rappers of all time at this point. How long? First of all, how did you get started wrapping in general out of the city.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, me and my little bro was doing this just as a hobby. Yeah, just like everybody else.
Speaker 2: What a year where you, like did you feel like you started like recording taking a serious type shit recording.
Speaker 1: Taking it serious? I would say around two thousand, fourth got three four or fever, So.
Speaker 2: That was like around the era of like an as like sitting Q Willie north Pole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, definitely know what I'm saying. We looked up to all him still do.
Speaker 2: Man Squad was cracking. Was that the name Atlas?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I remember Atlas. We sucked for that.
Speaker 2: What Atlae was? He called himself the king as Remember you had that album?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Remember that? Yeah, shout out to Alice.
Speaker 2: Shout to Poker Fay, shout out to uh Survivalists, book I remember Survivalist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Booky was that dude?
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. So when did you, like, did you guys get any traction making music or did you not get any traction until.
Speaker 1: You ended up doing the battling? Yeah? Yeah, the battle was. The battling really kind of like broke the door down for me. But I didn't intend to be a battler, you know what I'm saying. I started battle rapping just to get notoriety so I can then later do my music. I don't think anybody at that time knew battle rap was gonna become what he became for me for sure.
Speaker 2: Not like, so was there a scene in Phoenix for the Battleship Because I always tell everybody like, I'm fucking diehard hip hop right right? But the battle rap niche like outside when I was growing up and we were down like like whatever was on the mother like old school fucking DVDs or like Juice battling people on Napster ju Weis and all that stuff, like the whole new era of battling. Every once in a while, I'll catch one, especially when like world Stars more popular because world Star always posts them. But it's just like the whole world has just missed me. Bro No, Like I know the names, you know what I'm saying, but it's definitely like you know, like my boy Interstate Fats Free Free, Interstate Fats Fats was adult battle. Yeah, he was at a Vegas but but there was like a scene in Vegas that A had seen. Was there something going on similar in Phoenix?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, Sandtrap we had the sayd trap Man, shout out to Keith wright Man. Keith wright was he kind of started everything as far as from what I know, as far as the battle rap scene out here in Phoenix. So that was the first few I connected with. We was just doing it locally for some like I was betting. I was betting on my own pocket type shit, so you were like putting your own bread up. Yeah, yeah, because at that time, I didn't think this was going to be a career or anything like that. I was just trying to at that time. I would even on No Notoriety. Shit, I was just trying to get some bread. He was just betting, and I just felt like I was good enough to do it.
Speaker 2: Did you ever freestyle on mail ab Back in the day there was like the male aff ciphers were a thing, bro, But it's not. No, I never did that way back, Like I'm talking like shit. One thing I did was U two Tones. Two Tone had a tournament back in the day. I want a little freestyle tournament he had back in the day. Oh shit, what year was that?
Speaker 1: Stick? Twenty twelve? Yeah, that was right before I started Battle record officially.
Speaker 2: So you go from like four oh five putting out music locally and then you said twenty twelve is when you started to get in the mixing the battleshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I would say twenty fourteen is when I got like my first look like outside of the city, right. I think it was me and Danny Marris.
Speaker 2: Man he was shot to Danny Myers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. Danny Maris is a legend of this for sure. Yeah. Do you remember who you who you beat in the two tone battle? No? I don't, I don't. I ain't gonna lie. Shout out to dude, man, shout out to do.
Speaker 2: Any local rappers of notoriety and as that you you went up against in any.
Speaker 1: Battles, battle stacks, a battle. What's he going? What's Syfe going by? Now? I don't know he's going by his DeShawn Corey. Yeah, battle, dude, he just.
Speaker 2: Won the Maddie Ice, didn't he.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he cause see what he got locked up right and it got out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I already got locked up for something. But I battled him. I battled Jay Fross. J. Fross was like, I remember that dog, Jay Fross. He had a twin too. I forgot this. I remember that name, forgot his, I forgot his twin name. But I battled both of them. But they was like the top dog when I first started battle Raven out here, He's like, you got a battle, j Kid White White was one up. They was like top dogs in the city. Yo.
Speaker 2: So you end up going in twenty fourteen and getting your first national Look what was that.
Speaker 1: Battle Kinga not reached out to me. After I did the Stacks battle, shout out to Bolo TV. My battled on Bolo TV the Distax battle, and Jay Fox from the Suns reached out to me. It was like, Yo, I'm trying to get you on King of the Dot. They liked your the material, they want to get you over here, but they wasn't paying for my flight travel, you know what I'm saying. Room, So I was still coming out of the pocket. Coming out of the pocket at that time, you feel me. But that was like one of my first big looks to West, felt like this might be something.
Speaker 2: Was there money on the line if you won?
Speaker 1: No, it was nothing.
Speaker 2: It's just like we just got.
Speaker 1: This opportunity to get some views. You know. You know what I'm saying, get your name? No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was your first paid battle where you're like, yo, I'm showing up on getting the bag even if I lose. When when loser draw or was it a battle where you had to had to win the battle to get the money?
Speaker 1: No, that was more so when when we first started when we was actually betting right, But my first paid battle to where I felt like, no, I just got paid the battle up as when I battled be Magic, I battle be Magic on King of the Dot. I don't remember the year, but I remember right before that they invited me to go to Canada. In my mind, I'm like, I don't got Canada ticket money. You know what I'm saying. I don't got you know what I'm saying, But shout out less one and aspect. They paid for my ticket, my hotel room. You feel me flew out there, went crazy and after that they started paying. I got paid directly after that.
Speaker 2: That's fire. I always wonder that too, because like you'll always see, like there's obviously tons of money in.
Speaker 1: This shit, right My first check was falling it out though, but still, you know what I'm saying. But at the time, I'm like, this is the most I've ever got paid to rap. You know what I'm saying. I've never wrapped and got money outside of betting my own money, you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, Nah, this is something's working, you know what I'm saying. That's how I'm feeling like something working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's just crazy because it's such like I feel like, for whatever reason, it hasn't hit, like there's been a lot of attempts to make the Battle Wrap circuit a lot more mainstream, like even Drake getting involved. Yeah, but for whatever reason, I feel like it just hasn't gotten over the hump, right, But I feel like it doesn't need to because I feel like if it got over the hump, it's not supposed to be mainstream. It's not supposed to.
Speaker 1: Feel like this is the getaway from this is what this is like the last true form of hip hop. Right, what I'm saying, there's there's no slight to the actual rappers and the people that are doing music. But this is the last true form of just raw hip hop, right, B boying and graffiti, and this is one of the last true forms.
Speaker 2: So I don't feel like it needs to be commercialized because you won the Drake Battle, the one that Drake was behind the tournament? Yeah, yeah, and so did he put up? How much was that one hundred k?
Speaker 1: There was one hundred k and then the the last day of the finals he put another fifty k up.
Speaker 2: So you got a buck fifty off that battle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Me and my brother get you got to shout out to me my brother. We split that's fire, Yes, Centy fire.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Do you feel like because I do feel like, you know, obviously shout to Drake. He did get this dismembered by Kendrick God bless him.
Speaker 1: But U shout out Drake, shout out Kendrick Man. That was dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was that for you? What was that like? Being a battle rapper seeing like this. I mean, look, we haven't had a great battle.
Speaker 1: Right right right years. I was entertained. It was entertained, you know what I mean, Like I was just being a fan at that time. Like I feel like it was great for hip hop rap in general, like we need battle with I mean, rapping has always been about having confidence, being you know, confident and thinking you're the best. So why not go at the the you know what I'm saying. The other guy that they say is better? You know, I think it was good for the sport.
Speaker 2: From your perspective as somebody who's battled tons and tons of times, what approach would you have taken if you were a Drake? Because the approach he did take was obviously one that did not pan out for him.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that's hard to say. I kind of feel like I would have probably laid back a little bit on the singing, singing shit you feel me? Yeah, Like Kendrick is a rappers rapper, like he's you know what I'm saying, he raps his ass off, So I kind of felt like I would have just took a more direct approach. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I felt like also, like the first two disc records obviously, like Family Matters and push Ups weren't just aimed at Kendrick. They were aimed to everybody, So it was like yeah, and like I feel like the ship that he was going at him for was like like being short. I'm like, bro, like we know he's short. Like I feel like Kendrick just like peeled back his whole existence. It wasn't I don't think we've ever seen anything like that before.
Speaker 1: Bro. We was just talking about it earlier, like this kind of reminded me of rue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even that was more like surface of a like you're a bit you saw like a pop tar sweetheart, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like it was like.
Speaker 2: It was crazy at that time. But like Kendrick, I feel like just like just picked him apart, like piece by piece, lyrical human different as like the human like oh my god, like, I feel like, like you said, like John was never the same, and I feel like Drake will always be Drake and he'll always be the biggest, and he'll and he's gonna come back and he's gonna have other hit records. But I just don't feel like it. Well, I don't think we'll ever look at Drake in terms of like hip hop fans, like real hip hop fans, Like obviously there's a lot of people who are Drake fans that aren't hip hop fans per se. I just don't know if it'll ever be the same for him. What you're saying, was he cool though when you chopped.
Speaker 1: It up with them? Yeah, real humble, real down to earth, you know what I'm saying. Cool on what I thought you should have called you to get some bars. Man. A lot of fans was like, man, he should have tapped in with Nitdy and got some of them alien punches. Man.
Speaker 2: Have you uh Have you ever had somebody like that ever reach out trying to get some ghost writing from you?
Speaker 1: If I did, I will speak on it. And I'm Michael, because you know what I'm saying, I feel like that's me.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying who but has that ever happened? Like in general, I'm not saying you don't got to tell me who if it's happened. Uh yeah, yeah, that's I mean, hey man, that's a I feel like that's a that's how Royce ben shit shots to roys to five nine. Back in the day, Royce was fucking writing for everybody. He was right for Diddy was fucking Royce was putting that pen to work.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. Yeah, but Royce is one of them, Like he's definitely one of them, alien god lovel mc royce is one of them?
Speaker 2: Was you obviously just had the just huge battle with Loaded Lucks, which I feel like a lot of people kind of looked at as like the fucking the super Bowl or whenever you want to look at it, was like like all timer, would you say the consensus would be that you took an l.
Speaker 1: I kind of feel like when it first well they just barely dropped it, but when they first dropped the pay per view, it was kind of up in the air, Right, you feel me? But I don't know. I don't really go off too much of bloggers saying who won?
Speaker 2: I go off with the fans, right, what is the fan feedback Ben all my fans.
Speaker 1: Gonna say, I want all his fans gonna say he won.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fair. Yeah, I mean the fact it was it was. It was even a debate because at the end of the day, would you say, because I think when I was talking to Damy Marers, I was like, yea, who's the goat in this battleship? I think he mentioned your name, he mentioned Loaded Lucks, he mentioned a couple of other people's name. But when you like prepare for somebody who who you know is on your level like that and who's done so like like how do you come up with shit? Like what is the what is your preparation process for like a just any battle in general, but specifically like this battle, how big it was going to be.
Speaker 1: I didn't really do too much changing because me being in this situation before me trying to do other things and fans telling me you should just did what got you there? Yeah, do what you do, do what we know you for, you feel me. So I didn't really do too much changing.
Speaker 2: For that better, So like, how do you how are you preparing me? When they go right, I go left?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying it's kind of hard to break down my preparation style. I just I just like to think outside the box, like I'll just I don't try to stay in the norm purposely, you know what I'm saying. So I don't even have to watch too much of my opponent. I don't have to watch too much of what the other opponent said to him, because I just feel like I think outside the box so much that I just I just really just try to be me. That's where the alien come from, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Is there ever, like in your opinion, because we've seen a lot of times battles will go viral because of either somebody gets slapped or someone.
Speaker 1: Goes over the line.
Speaker 2: Is there a line you won't cross with somebody, especially because a lot of times you guys are.
Speaker 1: Colleagues too, right, right, I've always said that, Like it's.
Speaker 2: Not like you guys are like fighting after the show, like a lot like that. I feel like the elite guys, you guys travel together. You guys are gonna know.
Speaker 1: All of us. You know what I'm saying, Nine times out of ten, when the camera goes off, everybody extends the hand, We shake hands, and we go party, drink smoking.
Speaker 2: Is there like a line you won't cross?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a lot of lines I won't cross. What is like the main thing? It's just off limits for you family members, Yeah, the dead ones, stuff like that. You know what I mean. That's just it's like an easy call, right, Yeah, that's to me. It's just anything like that, anything of that nature. You know what I'm saying, and anything that you haven't said yourself, if you put it, if you brought it to the light, like yo, my moms won't crack and shit, I'll talk about it. But I wouldn't you know what I'm saying. I wouldn't go dig no.
Speaker 2: Like Yo, I found out your mom's a crack headed and now you have right now act.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. If you put it out to the people, it's definitely exactly it's fair game, you know what I'm saying. But outside of that, I won't. I won't go dig up no no story about you or find out your mother's name.
Speaker 2: Some people be doing that ship. I feel like these motherfuckers be like.
Speaker 1: Nard War people do shit like that.
Speaker 2: Is that frowned upon amongst the main guys.
Speaker 1: I think against I mean within us, like as the Battle Rappers, some of us like frownd upon it. Yeah, certain fans, certain fans that they like it, certain battle rappers like the Arsenals and snow Slight Art. So he likes he's known for disrespect, you know what I'm saying. So I don't feel like he feels. Do you think, like, do people like pay for information?
Speaker 2: Sometimes?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't doubt it. Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. That's crazy. Yeah, I wouldn't doubt you know what I'm saying. Like the whole Walmart situation happened with me, I wouldn't. I was taking pictures with fans right at the door, like in my vest, Like you know what I'm saying, So right, I don't think anybody paid them for it, but I can see somebody doing some weird shit like they're paying fans for some info about Yo.
Speaker 2: If anybody got any dirt on so and so, tap in.
Speaker 1: You know you gotta do is tap into somebody with a tapping with somebody from your city.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now, I feel like it's always like a combination of that where it's like, you know, like if there's something super topable that happens right before the battle in the world, trying to figure out a way how you could kind of incorporate that shit into.
Speaker 1: Like are you like current events.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like if something happened like I remember one time Fats had a battle against Philly Swain and it was the day Whennie Houston died.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I see what he's like, and he had a fucking I forget what his whitney bar was, but it was fucking it. So that's like a double edged sword. It's like it's good and bad.
Speaker 2: It's good at the time for the crowd, but the thing is bad about it when you re rochet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The only thing I feel like there's bad about it is a lot of battle rappers aren't dumb, so a lot of people might use that. You know what I'm saying, that same idea that same day.
Speaker 2: Do you always say like anything anytime? Have you ever seen the tweets of like people anytime something like that happens, there's always like a fake fabulous bar that Twitter comes up with. What that has to do with, Like, you know what I'm saying, Like whatever's in the news and.
Speaker 1: Shit, it's pretty funny about yo fa.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy because with all the success you've had and all the recognition you've gotten, I feel like somehow, when we think of like the Arizona hip hop greats, like are you always on here? Like Futuristic, You'll hear guys like Willie, But I feel like somehow you're always kind of like out of that discussion. Do you think it's because you're more known for the battle rap shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always speak on it. So I feel like I got to do a few consistent years with music a shut that they say is up. You know what I'm saying, Because I know talent wise, I'm I can bang with the big boys. I can hang with anybody when it comes to music, you know what I'm saying. So I just got to show them, you know what I'm saying. I feel like that's.
Speaker 2: It, is it? Because that's always one thing about battle rappers that like the battle the music disconnect always is. It feels like it's always there. There's been like certain guys, I mean, what's the homies just got arrested. It's been on the show a bunch of times. He's from Jersey Surf Yeah to Surf Free, Serf Free Serf. But like he's done a really good job. I feel like I kind of like there's a lot of people who found him through the music because he's got collap projects with me. Yeah, yeah, yeah whatever. He's define also a top tier you know back No, that's.
Speaker 1: The fact he was one of the one of the first and only ones to to break through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, why do you think why do you think it is difficult for battle rappers to have success making records.
Speaker 1: I kind of feel like one of the most one of the like the most obvious reasons is we're trying to turn our battle rap fans into our music fans, and that's what battle rap is. At the end of the day. They don't like they don't like to be music. They don't like it. That's why they love us, that's why that's that's why they tune in the way they tune in. So I feel like that's a no, go already, let them be your battle rap fans and create your music fans. Or if they want to travel with you, then let them do that. But as far as trying to turn these battle rap fans into everyday radio hit music fans, then they don't tune into that orch is catalog like you know exactly. They don't tune into that type music. Yeah, so when they listen to a lot of my music, they're like, where's the punchlines, niddy, where's the you know what I'm saying, where's the the shoot them up? Bang bang killing my mind? This is my music. I'm trying to different create a vibe. I'm not trying to battle rap the beat, you know what I'm saying. So they're listening for something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you're your approach is just totally different when when in the studio than if you're.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, yeah, definitely, definitely, Yeah, I got.
Speaker 2: That's the one thing I'm like, man like, like we always even I do it, like I don't even like I feel like I always bring up guys like you know, I shout out to MC magic because like the fucking Triple O, G Brocadala Iraq, all those guys. But I feel like you get lost in the sauce when it comes to a Z. But like dog, you're like low key, like the one of the biggest, Like you know what I'm saying in your own lane. You know what I'm saying, Let's love. But yeah, are you are you like gonna apply yourself to pursuing the actually dropping more music and being more consistent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, Yeah, definitely they gonna see a lot of my face this year.
Speaker 2: Because, like music, how much does your bandwidth get taken from when you're preparing for like a big battle from from that stuff.
Speaker 1: A lot. I'm not gonna say a lot. And then I can actually make a lot of music while I'm preparing for battles, but I can't put it out and promote and do all the other things behind. You know what I'm saying. I can make a lot of music, but it's like it's like you gotta go on a run, you gotta you know exactly, I can't put the consistency behind it.
Speaker 2: Is the battleship big on TikTok yet, Yeah, it's the number one music discovery app in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A battle rapp is starting to get big on TikTok As far as them doing like the voiceovers, the acting out and all that. I think it's starting to grow. Were you in the building when Daylight took a ship at the Celebrity Theater. Yeah, he never actually took a ship, but yeah he's in the building. Whatever the fuck it was did. They escorted them out the building. Man kicked him up out of there.
Speaker 2: Were you on that ticket? Yeah, Arsenal okay, okay, okay, that was that was uh that Shots of Daylight too. It's also alien crazy though. What is the craziest thing you've seen just in that space, because we've seen people get slapped obviously Daylight trying to take a ship on stage a celebrity theater.
Speaker 1: Oh and like White and White in general, that was definitely one of them. That was definitely one of them. I was there when a disaster in math got and Kelly oh ship. Yeah, I was right there. That's all I here is do it, do it.
Speaker 2: And then there was the cannabis cassidy.
Speaker 1: I wasn't there for that, but that's raized. That's crazy, man. That was somebody that legendary, somebody that looked up to to bring out your notebook, like even outside of battle rap, that just seems like just a cardinal rule not to do what he's doing. Pulled out the note but I got thirty pages of rhymes and his motherfucker one.
Speaker 2: I asked him about it. I interviewed him and asked him about it.
Speaker 1: He was not too he didn't.
Speaker 2: Like, he didn't like I brought it up. Yeah, but he was like I think he said I was prepaying for a last minute.
Speaker 1: And that nigga said he like got Tom's Tom cruise Mom's shoes.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's very evident that not everyone is meant to do that format of rapping.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's the fact that, right.
Speaker 2: And there are people who are. Yeah, I mean I think back to even like a guy like Royce, Like do you remember when Royce and mister Fab went added on stage and like mister Fab like in that setting beat Royce to five nine. Now it's Royce to five nine, a better MC than mister Fab, I would take you, I.
Speaker 1: Think, I think I think the consistents would say that.
Speaker 2: Now mister Fab is a very underrated MC obviously, but in that specific setting, that was a crazy Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like a difference between being a good rapper and a good battle rapper t Rex that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In my mind, I'm like, yo, I'm a million times better than this nigga. And he was up there with me saying light ship, normal ship, and I'm like, what's going on.
Speaker 2: It's a whole different ballgain right, Now it's totally different. It's like and that's why I feel like, you know, even like a guy like you know, that's why when we because you know, Meek Milk came up battling fools on Smack DVDs and ship.
Speaker 1: And then when he fucking ate that l against Drake, Oh man, it.
Speaker 2: Was so disappointed because I was like, oh, Meek's gonna.
Speaker 1: Cook him because this is what he does.
Speaker 2: No, you man should have got you man, Shud got you resting bars man.
Speaker 1: I let you boy man, I let you boy man, I got bors going for the low.
Speaker 2: Who is your in your opinion? If you were to take yourself out of the discussion, Uh, who's your? Who's your top five? And all time and battle rap room.
Speaker 1: All the time. This ship is so difficult to answer because I just feel like it's so many different erarors and so many different people did what they did in their time. Let's say, since since you started, since I started definitely geechee uh tay rocket steal in that that that lineup torque, since I started surf stealing there. Yeah, still in the top five line up. I had to say one more uh clips.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so crazy. I only know one out of five people you just mentioned. That tells you how disconnected I am from that.
Speaker 1: Surf that it surf big dog, I.
Speaker 2: Know obviously, like you know, like like loaded Lug said your arsenal disaster, Yeah, I know those.
Speaker 1: Like the the originators, right, those wing that got the eyes on the sport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure to begin with for sure, for sure. Yeah, shout out to the DVD days man move And do you feel like there's a place for the One thing I always want to see is like you could gamble on anything, right, So you gamble on wrestling if you use the off site. Is there any site where you could like throw my real bread down on a battle.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm in contact with a few different people that are in the works of doing it.
Speaker 2: And the problem with that is like figuring out if it's close, what is like the unbiased deciding factor, right, because people could vote online, I'm sure, but then it's like, okay, well you could probably have bots vote.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And that's the one thing about battle reck just in general in general, we don't have a like a set judging system that everybody can agree to and be like, no, this is how we're going to judge these.
Speaker 2: I think if you had that, it would have to be like you'd have to have like three really well off okay dudes who are like maybe Joe Budden or like you know, somebody who.
Speaker 1: You could trust, would actually kind of But then again, is even at that, that's all it's still gonna be. Yeah, not even personal Buyers is still gonna be opinion on it the same, you know, I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I think even like when you watch like a boxing match, like it goes down to the judges card, but who are the judges and do they have their own money up?
Speaker 1: No, that makes sense because a lot of that, a lot of that ship is so uneven. When you look at a lot of boxing cards scores like some.
Speaker 2: You're like, the motherfuckers got their own money. Like it's almost to feel what you say. I feel what you're saying. It's almost like an imperfect system is hip hop.
Speaker 1: That's that's the word I was looking looking for. We definitely have an imperfect system.
Speaker 2: But I feel like it'd be dope to be like, yoa, I'm gonna throw some money on this ship I got.
Speaker 1: I feel like we definitely get it.
Speaker 2: Would it makes the money, well, it would make the money like go through the roof. It would be like the money would at least be like ten times. I never think about it. If all this money is coming into gamble, that means that y'all would get paid way more bread because there's actual bread up like that. Shit would change the game for show, because that's why there's so much money in boxing because of the gambling.
Speaker 1: Bro I ain't really put two and two together like that.
Speaker 2: That's kind of smart, yeah, but you would have to really like it couldn't get messy, and then hip hop thinks would get messy. So you would have to really have like a real like fucking Drake would have to come through and like really be like yo, Well, I don't know about Drake anymore. Maybe Kendrick. Maybe Kendrick could be the guy to set it up, you know, I don't know about Drake. Shots of Canada though. Anyway, man, so what you got coming up? Obviously that battle just happened with Loaded Lux or or what else is on the way man? Anything? An the other battles in the in the works.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't even know if I'm supposed speak on this. I'm under contract for a battle. But they didn't release the or anything now. But I got it's supposed to be August third, so that's coming out. They ain't release the trailer, so now I really don't got to know.
Speaker 2: I mean, this will be uh August. Wait, you're supposed to August third. Yeah, well this will probably come out Friday or no, what's today? You had to probably come out Friday, which is August first.
Speaker 1: But I don't, I don't. I think they pushed it back. I would say, damn yeah. Yeah. Outside of that, you know, music just dropped the tape. What's understood on all streaming platforms. I'm in the midst of doing another tape right now. My brother's in the midst of doing the tape. I'm about to put some merch out, which merch for my fans. Probably drop another website so you can get the merchant and order some music. You know. There it is man, Yeah, no, let up dot shot. Probably bring that back.
Speaker 2: What's the best Mexican food in Arizona?
Speaker 1: The best messic best Mesican food in Arizona comes from Tucson.
Speaker 2: Oh you saying Tucson.
Speaker 1: It comes from Tucson.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, it is the proxy. I always say that.
Speaker 1: You know what the dog is of course, okay, you know what that was created in the two something.
Speaker 2: I don't Yeah, yeah, but hey, there's a place on twenty Street, an Indian school. It's a ten out side. I know you're talking about the best and.
Speaker 1: Ran hot dog in the fucking Arizona I've ever had. Jesus Christ, that place is so bad. And it went on Broadway and like seventh Street, yeah, or no, Southern in seventh Street Southern and like seventh, seventh and seventh Street. I don't know. It's like a little hole in the wall spot. One of the best oron dogs I ever had as well.
Speaker 2: So you're a big Sonorian hot dog guy, you get everything on it, loaded up whatever you got. Yeah, for sure, super fow.
Speaker 1: Definitely though the Sonora's though, shout out too, so.
Speaker 2: Shout out to tu So I always say best, the most, the closest proximity to the border has the best food. That's not fuck with San Diego. San Diego got the best ship because it's right by fucking Tier one.
Speaker 1: We fuck with Cali, but y'all they not fucking with the Mexican food in Arizona. We're close to the border.
Speaker 2: San Diego, though, it's damn near Tijuana. Go to Tchula Vista. You'll get some ship. But look, man, I appreciate you pulling up a mixtape out now. And then Battle is coming real soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, battle coming real soon. Go follow me up because I lost my account. Uh ninty two three four three.
Speaker 2: And then I think we're co judging this battle on Arizona or whatever. That song sixteen competition with Maddie.
Speaker 1: August August tenth, Yeah, yeah, that's happening for that.
Speaker 2: Yes, so that'll be uh, that'll be interesting. Who do you got in that battle that you know is competing? Do you have a favorite that you you're looking forward to seeing.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen the whole layout yet, but of course I'm going for push your Luck. I want to push your Luck to do his thing. I want Quincy to do his thing. Chris Coke. I want Chris Coke to do his thing.
Speaker 2: Chris Coke is a fucking murderer.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, you know what I'm saying. From the city. I want you to do your thing obviously, And I ain't gonna have heard T. Why was in there? T? Why is the dope? He's from New Jersey.
Speaker 2: There's a guy named Osmond Benjamin. That's incredible. Yeah, Osmond's fired, Be the Ruler. I think it's doing it. Isn't you doing it again?
Speaker 1: Rula ya te?
Speaker 2: Who else is in there? Anybody else? Dope V the kid from last year dealing? I think what's the name Dylan Jacob uh. I don't know. Man, It's gonna be interesting, so that they're doing it over beats, right, I believe so why? Yeah, I think it is all over beats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. That's kind of it.
Speaker 2: Should be interesting.
Speaker 1: Well. I like it too, because Be the Ruler I did not see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then I think they're they kind of know who they're going to be. From what I've seen, people have been calling each other out directly because they know who they're gonna be facing already because of the seeds, so they're gonna have tons of time to prepare.
Speaker 1: I liked it. I liked it.
Speaker 2: But it is interesting because some of the rappers that are in this particular battle I don't think are battle rappers.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but I like that it's it's all beat because it's not making them turn into battle rappers. You can just Yeah. I like that. I like that it's not acapella. Yeah, be the Ruler be Yeah, Be the Ruler is gonna be dangerous, gonna beat Yeah, He's gonna be dangerous.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a good time. Man, we should have fun. August tenth, August tenth, man type in, listen, brather, I appreciate you pulling up, man, appreciate you off aving. Uh go follow this guy, Go support him.
Speaker 1: Rum nitty yeah, rum nitty two three four three on Everything There It Is Bootlet Podcast, Boom