Speaker 1: Boys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison and new he.
Speaker 2: Scruggs Players Lounge Playoff week right here, We are here for you, all right. Heck Ma Harrison is here. Yes, Danny McCrae is here. Barry Church will rejoin us later on.
Speaker 3: You come on like Beardy from this is there's no way out, look like ball. Yeah, it's just no way, little beard. Yeah yeah, yeah, but no, I don't see the expensive watches. It definitely ain't. That's what I'm saying. You got me missed. I appreciate it. Everything ain't what it looked like at Walmart. Definitely the show.
Speaker 2: This show is brought to you by two see those Cowboys getting ready to take on the Green Bay Packers just left the locker room. So guys, we're here talking. But I want to start with the topic that I know at times you two a little bit sensitive.
Speaker 4: About most sensitive, yes, sensitive topics.
Speaker 2: Sensitive topic here, but I think I think the time is going to finally come see the news out of Sea.
Speaker 4: I saw it. I saw it. I saw it. Don't do that. Why are you doing that?
Speaker 2: Pete Carroll's not going to coach the Seahawks anymore. First off, fantastic run. I think his name will definitely be in the room when they discussed whether or not he goes into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. But if you're going to replace Pete, what we saw at USC is they kept trying to find another peak, which meant you tried to find somebody off the tree. Who's the most logical guy off the tree, who's been a part of a super Bowl team has won there that I think. I think, who's from a defensive standpoint that can fit in there and take over peak? Go ahead, don't even try, don't even try. Know what you're gonna try and do. But you know who it is.
Speaker 4: You got a guy. I got a guy.
Speaker 3: You know you got somebody? Is it a short list of a long list?
Speaker 4: In fact? Is he around here anywhere? Now?
Speaker 2: Only do I have a guy? I got the guy and the guy who can call the place for him.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you this. Okay, the stuff you was talking yesterday, I wasn't know. I wasn't on board with if I'm looking at it from the perspective of that guy, I'm like, yeah, I don't know, because I just I just don't see the potential to get to where you want to be out there with the charges.
Speaker 4: Now when you start talking about.
Speaker 3: Going back home where you was at, where you want a super Bowl and the organization that you know is run well because Pete still speech still may be there from what I'm hearing all this sort of stuff. Defense, that's where you start like that is that that's hard for you to decide you want to pass up. You know, to me, Gino is a good quarterback, You got some receivers over there. Then you then know you're comfortable there because the people know you. And I think that is the biggest thing. Like where people are familiar with you, they understand you, and you know them right because it ain't it ain't no secrets, ain't no surprises gonna come your way because you are familiar with them and they know exactly what you want and you know exactly what they want.
Speaker 2: Say the name dan Quinn Okay Cowboys defensive coordinator dan Quinn Pete Carroll. After fourteen seasons, ten playoff appearances and the franchisees first and only Super Bowl championship is going to no longer coach. He's going to become an advisor. And to me, if you're going to hire someone and to talk about what you said here, who understands their culture, who can work with the general manager John Snyder, to me, dan Quinn not only fits. And if you're dan Quinn, you know Brian Schottenheimer, who right now is the Cowboys offensive coordinator, but he's not the play caller. You could potentially have two people who have a clear understanding of what's going on up there now. Schottenheimer left up there as the offensive coordinator. Don't know if DQ would bring him in, But of all the places where we talk about a fit and if dan Quinn is going to go, might I think that's where you go?
Speaker 3: And Nuie, I think for even last year, I think when you were alluding to his potential for moving out, it was because of the success that he's had, not only as a coordinator but as a head coach. He's gone to a super Bowl, didn't win it, but he's gone, and that's an accomplishment all in itself. But that move, when I saw that, it has a feel of homegrown, our guy, you familiarity. Sometimes the fit can be too good, and that's kind of what you feel right now. Look, it would suck to see Dan Quinn leave, especially what he's brought, but that's how other guys are able to be elevated, and that's how other positions open up. And so for me, if he can win a super Bowl on his way out, thank you.
Speaker 4: Win a super Bowl on your way out.
Speaker 3: But I think when it comes down to jobs in the NFL, these are few and far in between. And I think you, as you mentioned yesterday about Jerry Jones, is not a check that he wouldn't right to keep quality guys on staff, but sometimes you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't keep them all, and it's it's it is really.
Speaker 3: The pointing out how good he's been as a coach for all these years. This reminds me of of two thousand and seven. We were about to play for the national championship and we had jimbo Fisher as an offensive coordinator, Les Miles as the head coach, and we had Bo Polini as the defensive coordinator.
Speaker 4: And right before.
Speaker 3: That, Bo Polini told us that he was leaving the next year, and we did ride out of there with the national championship. But both Polini at that time was a highly sought out defensive coordinator and that the same type of noise was coming, perfect fits and all that stuff, And then we found out that Bo Polini was leaving.
Speaker 4: This feels like that, like it's a sad moment.
Speaker 3: But then for me knowing that this is this is a perfect fit for the guy, and if it does happen, hey man, and this one that you gotta take it.
Speaker 4: I hope he, I hope he. I hope he doesn't leave us.
Speaker 3: But I mean he probably stayed longer than he had to already.
Speaker 5: Definitely got an extra year.
Speaker 2: But that speaking on what you talk piggyback on what you talked about both Polini in Seattle.
Speaker 5: When they ended up winning the first.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl, dan Quinn went and took over to the Atlanta Falcons, so he got the ring and then he was gone. So there is a president of dan Quinn being a defensive coordinator, helping lead the team to a championship and moving on to become a head coach.
Speaker 5: So that if history repeats itself, obviously help me.
Speaker 4: You'd be happy, absolutely.
Speaker 2: But I just think of what a perfect fit. And if I'm the general manager, John Snyder, I don't know. You know, all these gms have different coaches they like and maybe we want to work with. And it just seems to me, if I'm John Snyde, I'd like to have a head coach who I can work with, who i've i've we've been able to draft together.
Speaker 5: That's a huge part.
Speaker 2: I think that's also kind of what went on in Tennessee is the head coach had different ideas about personnel.
Speaker 5: This could fit, this could fit, could be the perfect time.
Speaker 2: So if the Cowboys lose Dan Quinn, he goes to Seattle, Hey man, thank you DQ for what you've done here. And now Jerry's got a very very important decision about what he does in terms of who's your next defensive coordinator? Do you promote from within? Do you have him take over or does Joe go with DQ two exactly? And how many other people go with DQ? Just eight and dirty your defensive line coaches? He go up to Seattle with DQ. So that's going to be a very interesting thing if and we're speculating at this point, but I think we all agree. If you're an NFL team, right now dan Quinn should be on your listen, should be a guy you want to hire just based on what you've seen here with the Cowboys. But don't forget this is a guy who, by all accounts should have had a Super Bowl win.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and man, what he was a half away, one half away from two by like seven minutes, seven minutes away. Okay, give us seven minutes away from being the Super Bowl champ. But we've talked about quarterbacks and being them being the difference at getting you to a championship. And we also have to include head coach as well with Mike when we see the job like guys like Mike Tumblin, guys that's been around that's never had a losing records as a head coach, and you see his brand, his pedigree of coaching, and the way that he imprints on teams. We've seen this just in three years with dan Quinn, what he's done to this defense and the way that these guys have bought into him. And so every time he takes the podium, every time he talks, he talks like somebody, You're like, man, I want more of that. I want to hear more of that, And so I think it's it's only a natural fit for dan Quinn if we lose him in this situation. Man, I'm telling you, I wouldn't be sad because this is one of those jobs that opened up. He's like, as soon as I saw it, the first name I thought about was dan Quinn.
Speaker 4: There it is right there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that's across the NFL all everybody when they saw that Pete Carroll wasn't coming back that the first name that probably popped up was dan Quinn because dan Quinn has been doing hester interviews for the last couple of years. And like you said, this guy defensive coordinator super Bowl, goes to Atlanta, takes over as a head coach and it's this close to winning the Super Bowl comes here and it's totally changed the culture here along with Mike McCarthy, but defensively has changed the culture here with how these guys are playing on the defense. So, I mean, it's just hard for you not it's hard for me to say, all right, go ahead and go but we like, we know we understand because you remember, but you understand what you remember, Danny. You remember historically bad Oh yeah, okay, you remember historically bad defense and what they were not. We complained about the run defense, but it was nothing in compared to what the run deep. I mean, we were not getting any turnovers before he came in and just completely flip flopped that. I'm almost I'm okay with the run defense. Now, I'm good enough, good enough, Yeah, yeah, put him in. It's good enough. All right, listen, that's what it takes.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm all right.
Speaker 2: Come on, dan Quinn left it better than I found it, and.
Speaker 4: He ain't left nothing. How far this times can I say?
Speaker 2: If they don't hire him, they're crazy.
Speaker 5: All right, that's just me right now.
Speaker 2: If Seattle doesn't go get dan Quinn, they're crazy because there's so many just parallel for what is Pete Carroll defensive guy? What else is Peak Carroll high energy guy that inspires people? This dude is this is the guy. He was a part of what Pete Carroll was doing. You can keep it. In terms of my opinion that that kind of what's Pete's built, you can keep that going. I think they built a good program there. Of course, that's a good program. And to me, I liked If I'm the owner and the general manager, I'd like to keep this type of thing going. We've got another voice. We got a guy who, so, by the way, has something to prove. That's what I would want. If they don't do it, I mean, tell me who rolls up in.
Speaker 3: But the fact that he's still here, this man, just say he left it better than he found it.
Speaker 4: He's still here, he still he's still morning.
Speaker 2: He's got work to do at this point in time. Since he's gotten here, he's left it better than he's found it.
Speaker 3: I can still say that, No, no, you're not the parts words. He hasn't left anything, So he hasn't left stand it better. You can only say he left it better than he found it. If he's gone, he's still here. He's making it. He's still continuing to make it better than he found it.
Speaker 5: Is still here, by the way.
Speaker 2: This according to Tom Pella Cero and a social media post the Titans requested to interview Cowboys defensive coinner Dan Quinn for their head coaching job. There are logical connections to Seattle with that job opening, but don't assume that's where he had strong interest elsewhere with four requests and canting.
Speaker 5: So that's from Todd those.
Speaker 3: I think it's really up to him. Like all those requests that he's getting, it's up to him. They're gonna leave it up to him to decide, kind of almost like free agency, like which one who's coming. They're like courting the guy because it's hard for you to sit there. I can I can't imagine them taking an interview with a guy like dan Quinn and then walking out of the room and being like, that's not it.
Speaker 4: He's not. Yeah, that's not he's not. He's not.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine that happened. You know what this is side note? Are y'all watching the Miami Dolphins in season things now?
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 3: I know leader leaders of men are different and all that stuff. I'm still trying to trying to figure out the whole McDaniel's thing. He's different, he's got his quirks, he's a I know, I'm trying not to sound old school myself, but I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, what what you got school?
Speaker 5: No, you guy?
Speaker 4: You know, that's just we need under brother lives in nice story.
Speaker 3: The story, you know, the story is great and all that stuff, But you know, I'm just I'm thinking about a guy like dan Quinn walking in the room and doing an interview and somebody said you not the guy, and then you know, but look this is the guy.
Speaker 2: But look at what it came down to. Remember the top top two finalists were for that job. It was Undercovered brother and Kelly Fred who you taking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they made the right decision, made the right choice, so they did. But Kellen did an interview for the head coach job up there at the Charges though. Let him get it, let him get you and go get it.
Speaker 4: Let him get it.
Speaker 2: If first off, Jim Harball is what they need. Just based on my time of living and working in Los Angeles, this is a franchise.
Speaker 5: Take they don't care that they're there. They don't. It's like the Clippers.
Speaker 2: You're here, and people go to the games to see the other team more so than they go to see you. So they need some credibility. Jim Harball would give you that credibility the people.
Speaker 5: Oh, let's go on out there.
Speaker 2: Because when I worked there, this was always a challenge you had. You only have so many resources. Hey do we go out to Chargers practice? They nah, go out to the Rams, or you go to Lakers. I mean there's so many options you have. They're not the option where you think of, hey, man, let's go down there. I mean, so many times we didn't go to cover the Angels. Now the Yankees came to town, Oh let's go and cover them. And so to me, if you're the Spanos family, you not only have a quarterback you think has the potential to be a really good player, but you have people don't care and if.
Speaker 5: You're not into the whole business aspect of it.
Speaker 2: Krankey, the owner of the Rams own so far the Rams are his tenant, and when he decided he didn't want the Raiders and he wanted the Chargers. The Chargers are supposed to sell a certain amount of seasoned tickets and PSLs. They ain't done it. People are don't trying to buy them. They are kind of looked at as not a good tenant. I mean, bring somebody up in here.
Speaker 5: This is their opportunity to actually sell them product to people.
Speaker 2: Because Jim Harball would make you want to go cover them, and that's an issue.
Speaker 4: How do you get people of covers here.
Speaker 3: Here's my thing with going back to what you were talking about about Mike McDaniels and even to Harball, there's this generational gap in coaching, and for my look, I interview a lot of coaches in what I do man, and you find out that there's a there's a new guard that's coming that understands the social media aids, that understand things that trending, and they are able to connect easily with the players versus the more old school, more rigid, more iron fist kind of guys. It's changing and you're starting to see, I mean, and the ones that are not able to evolve are absolutely relics of themselves. At the end of the day, I think what I am impressed about with a guy like Dan Quinn is he reinvented himself after one of an astronaut like a bad loss in front of everybody saw him lose that game, but yet he's still keptain stride and still has reinvented himself here with the Cowboys as a defensive coordinator Jim Harbar as well, after what happened with him in San Francisco, losing the Super Bowl the way that he did, the whole the lights went out, the light the lights went out, but also just the controversy that was having, the controversy surrounding that team. He's been able to go to the college bar again. Look finally beat Ohio and now looking where he is at Ohio State, and finally win him a national championship.
Speaker 4: But I think a lot of these a lot of.
Speaker 3: These coaches, a lot of these organizations are looking for the what's fresh, the new guy that can connect not only with the players, but can connect to a new fan base. So it's important to get a guy that can make those connections. And I know Dan Quinn is easily that guy.
Speaker 5: And Jim's a former charge of player.
Speaker 2: And to me, you go and you look at how college football nine years, how it changed all of a sudden while you're coaching, here comes Nil and he recruited. Well remember taking those videos like here's taking.
Speaker 4: Him over the room?
Speaker 2: I mean I thought, I thought Jim did a very good job of connecting with the young people. I just know he's not going back after two suspensions and a possible another investigation going, he's as hot as he's ever been.
Speaker 5: You've done the job, man.
Speaker 2: You get out of that thing, and you don't have to do any more recruiting anymore.
Speaker 3: N I l You guys gonna have a pick of a litter that that port gonna be jumping from the man.
Speaker 5: How did they get his hire his old.
Speaker 4: Boy, you know, dude jumping crazy?
Speaker 2: All right, we can't take a break a little bit late here Cowboys taking on the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, you god damn Quinn out of here with golly.
Speaker 5: Hey baby, I'm trying to I'm about what's.
Speaker 4: Next the game. That's what's next with he's coordinator, you.
Speaker 5: Know what for DQ to do what he didn't see. I'll go out on top.
Speaker 2: Right, Let's see if we can get that doe with heck Ma Harrison, Daniel Cravenue scors. This is the players line about to buy to Steeles on Doubts Cowboys dot com radio.
Speaker 6: It's the the show men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothe bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool iae or fataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: To kick off the.
Speaker 7: Twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, and there's no eye in how about them Cowboys? Smeirnough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home or away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 4: To the players loud, you know the drill. Cowboy Nation.
Speaker 3: White out at at and T Stadium this weekend. Show up for our boys as they take on the Green Bay Packers at the twenty twenty three NFL Wildcard Round in an all white game day outfit.
Speaker 4: Heads to the pro shop near you are.
Speaker 3: Log on to shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot com, a fanatics experience to find your white gear.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you very much. Heck Maharrison.
Speaker 2: You plays lines brought to you by told stdos. Also, we've got Danny mcrag here. I'm new it scrugs. The Cowboys will wear their white jerseys in this game. Packers are gonna be wearing green. Green Bay has won the last two postseason meetings against the Cowboys, and in those two meetings they were coached by Mizike Mike McCarthy. By the way, McCarthy's got a postseason record of eleven and ten.
Speaker 5: Heckman, you spoke about Cede Lamb CD. Lamb led the NFL with six hundred and eighty yards after the catch this year.
Speaker 2: The Packers defensive loud the ninth fewest yards after the catch of this season. Last year, in the Division Round San Francisco, ceed Lamb caught ten balls four one hundred and seventeen yards ten receptions, tied for third most and cow Boys history. Here and another note on ceed Lamb for this regular season, leading all receivers and targets one hundred and eighty one receptions, one hundred and thirty five yards after the catch, six eighty scrimmage yards one eight hundred and sixty two overall touchdowns fourteen twenty plus yard receptions twenty nine and ranked second in receiving yards one thousand, seven hundred and forty nine. Seems to me like Joe Barry, the defensive coordinator with the Packers, better go.
Speaker 3: Double look ceed Lamb is bald now about to say mcaff no, he talking about you.
Speaker 4: After you read it out loud, I was like, where shut? Yes, he is a hell of a season. That's the hell of a slow start.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, four games fifty yards each, and I think he is now he is now just emerged as that guy that when you look amongst those Randy Moss hype performances, you look at those the old school Michael Irvin performance. He's wearing the eighty eight, of course, but those are the type of performances that we've been looking for for CD Lamb. If you're gonna be a number one receiver, if you look around the league and you look at guys like Jay Jettis, you look at Chase, you know, Jamar Chase. These guys are showing their tail on Sunday, you know, and it's I don't care if you're double team, if you triple team, and what they're gonna do. They're gonna find a way to get their playmakers to ball in this game. And you talk about the job that the Green Bay package does allowing the ninth least amount of yards out to catch. I'm okay with that because I know, I know for sure that they're gonna have to find a way to stop CD Lamb. But they can't take away all of our weapons. And so to me, that says that another playmaker has to emerge. And I got my and I got my eyes. I got my eyes on Fergus, don't do that. What do you mean we only got we got three, all right, because we got Cooks. I want to see Ferd. I want to see CD Lamb in the passing game, like that's one of those weaponses. Like I said, I think we talked about when we start going away from those guys, it starts to look a little shaky on our offense and all of a sudden, you know, third and whatever, and then you pun the football. Give it to the guys who have been making sure that you are successful throughout the season, which is Ceedee Lamb. Brandon Cooks. When you throw it to him, he's gonna catch it. And a lot of times, a lot of times with a touchdown and Ferguson, who is your tone setter on offense when it comes to physicality. And oh yeah, by the way, Tony Poler, who I said is going to have a seventy five yard rushing game with thirty yards receiving, it's still on your squad. And he had a nice rushing game last week to get him started that confidence booster. Right, you should be healthy on your offensive line this week hopefully so that I think that's what you have to do. Like we want to establish the run game, but don't go away from CD because we're passing team. And Ceedee Lamb is our guy. And I'm not saying in no way in my saying go away from Cede Lamb. I just know that when you go to talk about this this offensive this chie the defensive coordinator for Green Bay. Him and Mike McCarthy have history with one another. He was the two thousand and seven he was the defensive coordinator for the Lions. Rob Marinelli was the head coach of that Lions team. And he put up, yeah, go ahead, go ahead, Joe shut everybody down. Joe Barry put some respect on his name. Joe Barry in two thousand and seven. In two thousand and eight, every time Mike McCarthy saw him on the other side and everybody else they put that work work.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see Joe Barry another opportunity.
Speaker 4: He got a special note. He already he already know Joe Barry.
Speaker 3: You know. So I think that with all of that again new and you a mess man, I think you. I'm with force feed CD, but only to a point and then allow your tight ends and allow guys like Brandon Cooks to do that thing.
Speaker 2: Unasked about CD and McCarthy. Who's the play call of this year, A guy we all respect very much who played for Mike McCarthy, had a lot of good years.
Speaker 5: Davanta Adams.
Speaker 2: Does just remind you of when we saw Davonte Adams really getting after it in Green Bay being that guy, and there were times where you kind of looked around, like it's Davante, we really don't know who else is there, and Aaron Rodgers was just finding him and he was out there balling. Do you feel like CD is now in that kind of realm?
Speaker 3: I do, I do, but I think it looks different because I think a lot of times you will see Davonta Adams with that it will be a run play Aaron Rodgers to look up see that they was playing off and he had just tossed us to Devontae Adams and he'd have teen catches just off that with a hundred yards. I think CD Lamb is running running routes. You don't see him getting a lot of those opportunities. But you also see him in the backfield as well. So I think the talent there is a little different, and Mike McCarthy is founding the best way to utilize every single talent that the CD LAMB has.
Speaker 5: So heck, then then let me see if I can take it in this ankle.
Speaker 2: Heck, we saw Mike get a lot out of Adams making him his number one. We saw Jordy Nelson as his number one, putting up some numbers.
Speaker 5: We saw Greg.
Speaker 2: Jennings over there, James Jones, We saw Donald Driver as that one guy, those guys that get fit. Do you now feel like this is like the next iteration for McCarthy in terms of that number one.
Speaker 3: Guy automatically automatically, And I think what I think it's taken, And it was maybe by the fifth game, you saw Dak say, this is my least path of resistance is getting the ball to eighty eight. This is the easiest way to do it. Let's forget all the other equations. If I can get him the ball, he's gonna give me yards after catch, and he's also going to move the chains. And that's I love Dak's willingness to say, I'm going to change my whole game to make sure I fit this in with this guy, because now everybody's talking about Film as a dynamic duo. Before you were you weren't talking about them as a duo. Now it's Dak in CD. But you're right, it's just it's just a continuation of what Mike has done as an offensive coordinator, making sure that he gets his best player as the ball, which.
Speaker 4: Is this is why he's so confusing what Kellen Moore was doing last year.
Speaker 3: You got the guy on the roster. Ye had two of the guys on the roster at one time and couldn't figure out a way to get it. I think that is the big difference from Kellen Moore to Mike McCarthy is, hey, man, what are we good at?
Speaker 4: Who are our players?
Speaker 3: That we need to make sure we get the football too, and I think Ceedee Lamb emerged, especially after he did what he did and made sure that coach knew that.
Speaker 4: He wanted the football.
Speaker 3: And ever since then, he's been getting the football and he's been showing that I deserve it because he all he done is is make plays throughout the whole season.
Speaker 2: What you said there, and let's just just be straight up, this isn't damning. This is just pure facts. Kellen Moore left the building. Mike McCarthy said, I need to take over the play calling. Sheety Lamb is the second best receiver in that football league, Tyreek Hill, and what he's done this year is going to be he'll be All Pro, and then it's going to be Cde Lamb. I was looking at somebody's offensive Player of the Year ballot and they had CD number three. Wow, it was Hill McCaffrey than CD Lamb. So Kellen goes out of the building and this is what Mike has done with CD Lamb. And then here's Dak Prescott who's going to finish top three, if not no less than top five in the MVP voting. That's where I go back to about Kellen Moore and why I was not one of those people standing up like, oh, this is not riding with no Kellen Moore. There were too many times we were scratching our heads, Danny, and this is why we were scratching our heads. These guys had more that you could unlock, and it took McCarthy to find it. And the cowboys basically made Mike McCarthy take Kellen Moore from the time he got this job here.
Speaker 3: And but during that time that this is kind of remember because I don't want to be a revisionist history person. I want to go back to when Kellen came on as the OC, that that was the wave then that you hired these young guys and it was surprised that he didn't get the head coach McVeigh. And it was a young wave of coaches that were starting to come on, and I think automatically you were looking Jerry was looking for something new and fresh. The offenses in the NFL had completely opened up five wide, you know, Baby, you were seeing offensive formations that you hadn't seen before, and they gave they put the gas in that engine to make him run that way, not saying that Mike, and Mike didn't approve of it. And everything that you're saying, Danny about the way that he coordinated that.
Speaker 4: Offense is true.
Speaker 3: I think that he missed certain points of having making his playmakers the playmakers. This is the best version of Dak Prescott that I think I've seen, as far as the waves.
Speaker 5: Hands down, the statistics say so, it's a hands down the.
Speaker 3: Best version of him than I've seen. And I think all of that is due to his relationship with Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 4: But where was that three years ago?
Speaker 3: Was Kellen Moore that much of a detern between head coaching quarterback. Well, when you have a young and up and coming guy, you want to make sure that you don't you don't get in the way, is what I assume Mike McCarthy was doing. But I'm looking at and I said this every time that a guy had a season like that, when a Mark Cooper had to get up out of here, and I know there were other things going on, but before that, I don't think he was being utilized correctly. And then you see him go to Cleveland and him being utilized correctly with lesser quarterbacks and still putting up astronomical numbers, and I'm looking at it, I'm saying, if I'm a Mark Cooper, I'm.
Speaker 4: Upset with Keller Moore.
Speaker 3: And then for whatever people want to say about Zeke, Zeke looked different this year with New England. He looked different than he looked here when he was with New England. And we couldn't find a way to do anything except run him up behind the tackle and get two or three yards and have him.
Speaker 4: Pass block between the garden center.
Speaker 3: Like when Zeke left here, we were like, oh man, dude lost a whole bunch of steps. Where people were saying that lost a whole bunch of steps. Not the same in the pass again, all that stuff. He go out there with Matt Jones, take Stevenson spot once once he goes down, and they never look back because Zeke is out there getting you know what I'm saying, putting up numbers. So to me, you're not. He wasn't able to utilize his players in the right way. Now he did better with Keenan Allen finally when they got out there, but here I didn't. I didn't see it. So shout out the big bike, Ceedee Lamb. Brandon Cooks uh, still fingering Tony Pollard out, but I think I think he's gonna get there in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: So Mike's right.
Speaker 5: Mike was right. And what's what's kind of wild is if he was just say, if.
Speaker 2: He was just a coordinator right now, people will be lining up to bring him in as a head coach. You know this Bobby slow Wick, guy Ben Johnson, you know these offensive corneria Houston and Detroit, and these guys are getting jobs like, oh, look at this guy here. What Mike did hear and making taking these players to another level they haven't been before. I don't think we're talking about it enough. I really don't, because he's the head coach and people are like, well, what haven't you won here before? What he did in his year here, And we're not even talking about the full season because the first five games here they were still trying to figure it out. He just spoke about he was trying to get back in the rhythm and they were trying to figureut this thing out. This thing is, this thing is as good as we've seen it here in.
Speaker 5: A good decade or so.
Speaker 3: Mike, Mike doesn't get the credit that he deserves, and we know, I think we all know why he does it, and that's why we're having to entertain foolish questions about whether he's going to be back. Well, that's because right and I know it's coming. Went out there do that bomb, And when we were off, I wanted to come here and say, hey, I know we always talking about everybody want to talk about the Cowboys all that stuff.
Speaker 4: There's a reason. There is a reason getting ahead, Like.
Speaker 3: You can'tnot wake up in the morning to be like, we gotta talk about this game by game, game by game talking about the game, and it's just it's those little nuggets that the media goes in and they try and decode and speak Jerry, I just look, here's the thing for me, especially going into a game like this versus Green Bay, all of that experience that you have with at the Helm as your head coach has got to mean something for you.
Speaker 4: He's been there, he's done that.
Speaker 3: You think about his you just talked about his playoff record, you talked about him in the NFC Championship Divisional rounds, all of those things. Mike is a proven winner. And so when I think about going into a game like this, I'm going to rely heavily on that experience because he has to get these guys ready, because he's been there before.
Speaker 2: Let's get our second break in here with Danny mccraig, Heck Maherrison, I'm a new he Scruggs. This is a player sage boty by Tostitos and Dallas Cowboys dot com reader.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 3: Hi. I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 4: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 3: That's the sound of us magically transforming our SMOOTHI Bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and Right Now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 4: That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 5: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the press.
Speaker 4: Guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 1: He escapes left, he'll run for a first down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 5: Prescott's gonna run this himself. Run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 3: You're Dallas Cowboys return home to take on the Green Bay Packers in the Wildcard round of the twenty twenty three playoffs. Get ready to wipe out at and T Stadium on Sunday, January fourteenth, at three point thirty pm on Fox.
Speaker 4: It's time to seize everything.
Speaker 3: For playoff updates, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Playoffs.
Speaker 2: Hech Maharrison, thank you very much, got Danny here, Barry church all today I'm instruct this is the players.
Speaker 3: La brother brothernwi. I did a read yesterday. Did they gonna play before the game?
Speaker 4: Brother nuID? Did you give it to Michael Irving Titan type. Did you take the change? I'll tell you what put me in coach?
Speaker 5: Is this on camera or no?
Speaker 4: No, no, no it was It's just a voice, yeah, voice? How many? How many read throughs did you do? I want to take care now I'm saying, Douglas right there.
Speaker 5: You need more baby recordings.
Speaker 4: Listen, I know I go in there. Do it take me both five times?
Speaker 3: Know?
Speaker 4: How long to read is?
Speaker 5: I saw?
Speaker 4: I was like you pronounced this camp and then we look at you and he just read it like like he just memorized.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys are now playing in their fourteenth file card game. Guys, they've got an eight and six record. Uh, it's been a challenge against these Green Bay Packers. So here they are lost their last two. That was the des caught it game and the air Rodgers killed everybody game.
Speaker 5: The rookie year.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 4: That was the throw.
Speaker 5: Now, I was there on the sideline. I was there on the sideline when Cook caught it.
Speaker 4: Jared Cook like, my gosh, Aaron Rodgers smirk.
Speaker 2: Then you know Mason Crosby came out there and finished a job. But hey, Mike McCarthy was the head coach of those teams. Now it's Matt Lafleur, and I asked Brandon Cooks basically about the pressure. How do you keep these guys relaxed for the stamp with the pressures on you Green Bay, don't they're playing.
Speaker 4: With house money.
Speaker 5: Cooks was like, no, we'll be fine, but you would.
Speaker 2: I all know that building is gonna get tight if this game is close, it's gonna get tight because cowboy fan is now conditioned to say, man, there it goes again. And I remember Jimmy Johnson when he coach here you were, you'll remember this. But back with Jimmy John's like, hey, guys, you thought here it goes again. Well it didn't happen. It didn't happen. It wasn't here it goes again. You went and you took it.
Speaker 5: That's what this team needs.
Speaker 2: And I go back to last year's game of Tampa in the playoffs when I was down there. They had a mission of no, man, that San Francisco thing is, we want to erase it. And they went out there from jump and just took it from Tampa Bay. I think that's what we need to see again here.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, fose Tampa's record I don't recall, but it was like it was no, no, no they had it was no, they were not and eight maybe yeah, they was close, were good. It was it was the NFC South them.
Speaker 5: Good enough to be then in the regular season that they beating the year before too.
Speaker 4: They weren't that good of a team.
Speaker 5: You know what we can all right, So here's my thing.
Speaker 2: I hear what you were saying that they weren't that good, especially the end of the year where they were, but this was still a cowboy team that had never beaten Tom Brady, and he found ways to beat them two previous times.
Speaker 3: My point is, they weren't that good of a team, and I don't expect that we that we assume that green Bay should be giving us that much of a challenge here at home. So the credit that we would get for beating green Bay is not going to be as much as if we were beating a San Francisco or any of those other teams.
Speaker 2: Of course, but you know that it may say, so you're the number two seed, you're getting the seven seed in here, you get basically you get no credit for the win.
Speaker 5: It's an expectation, but that's but that they know what they've signed up.
Speaker 4: No, but that is so so so so.
Speaker 3: Who's been our Achilles Hill for the last two seasons in the playoffs, So we all know that the expectation and as of today, since that you're probably going to have to go to San Francisco, yes, and beat them, So that that is the expectation. Everything else is, hey man, we got to go out here and handle our business and beat the teams that we know we should beat, and then once we get to that big time game, then that's when the fight really starts. But we need to handle our business to get there, and the Green Bay Package are just a team.
Speaker 5: Wrap it up.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think you know.
Speaker 3: My my hate and disdain for the media that covers our team is that they are always trying to spread fear. They always want us to give us something to be afraid of or you only be You can't beat playoff teams or teams above five hundred, You can't win on the road.
Speaker 4: You can't do this now, looking Brandy can't cook you miss.
Speaker 3: It's always this fear factor to oh if if Mike McCarthy loses, he's out of here. This all of this when at a certain point you have to say the Dallas Cowboys are a damn good team.
Speaker 4: When does that ever come up? When does that?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not and I'm not talking about YouTube personally. When do you say the Dallas Cowboys are a good team? Because right now, when you say all the Green Bay packages playing with how money? Yeah, Oh, they're just coming here on school buses and you know Chick fil A is gonna cater it for them. I mean, and next thing, you know, a football team, a football game is gonna break out of three, you know, and they.
Speaker 4: Got every chance in the world to win, and know they don't.
Speaker 3: Man, what do we We come in there and we kick they come on, Now, this is this is our opportunity to put our domination down because at the end of the day, You're right, none of this matters. The only thing that matters is beating San Francisco. But its steps to get there, and they have to win their games to get there. But nobody says it the way it's supposed to be said. Man, the Cowboys a damn good team. And the team that just snuck into the playoffs, Damn they drew the best match the matchup that could really get them. That's a one in one and done for them because they drew the Cowboys. I think I think it's fair to say that the history of the Cowboys is why people feel that way, right, trust, So people say that the Cowboys are a really good team, but somehow when they get to the big moment, they find a way to mess up. Like that is the thing of like, hey man, they're gonna be a really good team and then they may not show up at a certain time to make sure it happens.
Speaker 4: Tony ro.
Speaker 3: So, I don't think it's twenty twenty. It's twenty seven years now and it's twenty twenty four. When do we not When can we stop living under the umbrella? When do we get that? So when we beat San Francisco, we beat San Francisco, go to the super Bowl? Went whatever, we go to the super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Is that the end of it?
Speaker 3: Do you stop saying it? Then twenty seven years later? Like yes, if you go another twenty seven the then it rises back up. But yes, until you get it. Don't even have to be Super Bowls, NFC champions because they're not selling me that my team is good. They're not selling me on my offense being good, that my quarterback, and my receivers are good. I'm just what they're saying, is man, Jordan Love's gonna come in last six games that he's played. I mean, look at the games you playing, the yards, just putting. But everybody said this has been Dak Prescotts season. I'm not personally talking about you, Danny. I'm talking about those that cover the team, that have words to say that this isn't the best team that's in the NFC Championship, that's in the NFC playoff race. Hey, then and San Francisco are the two teams that everybody's expecting to meet in the in the NFC Championship. Is that what people are saying, That's what they should be saying. I think they are, though, well or not.
Speaker 5: Why are the expectations high for this team?
Speaker 4: Why aren't they they are high for this team? How okay?
Speaker 3: If you're telling me, if man, chances are the Green Bay could come in here and they could beat the Cowboys because they're playing with house money. There's no pressure on them. No, no, no, we say that every week. Though, Well, I know you're not talking about us, So I got, I got.
Speaker 2: So this is a just two years ago when they had they won the NFC East and you had San Francisco at home, and I remember distinctly, Dan he talked about, Man, this is a matchup where week a style matchup that is not good for us.
Speaker 5: And what happened. They lost. So we've seen the Cowboys go into these games and let you down.
Speaker 2: This is it, which about twenty you're this club is paying for the sins of other people. But that's a part of it. I go back to this, and you know it very well because of your your great uncle Joe Green. Before they ended up winning that Super Bowl under Bill cal those guys were talking about, Man, we hate every time these old dudes show up, man, because you know, everybody just remind us of what we haven't done, and we're not there, and you're not there. This is what happens when you play for a legendary franchise. People want you to get back there, and then the owner does a great job of building it up every year and talking about the Super Bowl something that nobody's seen. This is a team right now, based on what they've done at home, that you believe should win two playoff games at home and play for the NFC Championship. The expectation is there. If it doesn't happen, people are gonna be upset.
Speaker 3: All I'm talking about is even last week going into the Commander's game, we gave the Commanders a chance. We gave them a chance when they had literally no chance in beating us and our team we had the better team.
Speaker 4: And this is again I'm not talking about you.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about I'm just saying from the outlook on the outside looking in about the Dallas Cowboys. It's not a situation where they said this this team should go in and they should dominate them. No, Jordan love Is is an up and coming star in the NFL, and I wouldn't be surprised if they went into a T and T stadium and b have they earned.
Speaker 2: The benefit of the doubt that you can't that you cannot just say, hey, what could the Packers do? This Cowboys team is let folks down enough to know that they're going to leave the door open and say, you know what, Jeordan loves playing, Well, could it happen?
Speaker 5: Could they do it? Because it's been done before.
Speaker 4: You picking Friday Dallas had to pick Dallas Morning News, and I picked myself.
Speaker 3: This is you know this is what you're talking about some like some specific people. You gotta be talking about it, because because when I wake up in the morning and I turn on whatever show, I've seen people saying, Hey, this is the best Cowboys team or the best Dak Prescott has played. But there's always going to be with any team by this covering team. If you sleepwalk into there and you you don't go, and I think that's I think that's what I think. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't know what The wildcard round consistently produces an upset. Last year I picked the Giants to go to minnesot don't win, and the Giants ended up doing We see it every year you met, you know, you mess around, you can't find out.
Speaker 5: All right, let's do this tomorrow, guys.
Speaker 2: Uh David McCrae, let her name say you no, right, heck heck Mahir, sub Newar Scruggs players last right, you buy tostitos, will see tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.