Speaker 1: Quest Love Supreme is a production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: Primo Supremo, Roll Call, Supremo Supremo, Roll Suprema Supremo, Supremo Supremo.
Speaker 1: These are my peers. Yeah, call me a mirror, yeah, or call me quest.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We ain't got no guests. My name is.
Speaker 3: Mante Yeah, and I go for dolo. We ain't got no guests.
Speaker 4: So we're doing this solo.
Speaker 1: My name is Sugar. Yeah. I'm never scared when it comes to roll call. I'm prepared brere roll.
Speaker 5: Whatever up, Hey, Bill, and I'm ready to go. Yeah, Lie Steve, Yeah, question f Tickelo come.
Speaker 1: Roll on your bream.
Speaker 6: It's like, yeah, ain't this a trip?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I ain't got no guess Yeah, am.
Speaker 1: I had to make it fun.
Speaker 5: That was a music theater move if I've ever heard one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hey guys, yeah that one.
Speaker 1: No pressure, man, no pressure. Well done. So again to my wishes, my authority figures that this our beloved podcast. Brittany and cousin, Jake and light Ya, the producers of the show, suggested that we should do something that we haven't done in a long time.
Speaker 6: We ain't done it.
Speaker 1: I will admit last month I did the Conan O'Brien podcast, and I kind of they kind of thank you, so they kind of like I forgot that. While I was doing that interview, I was like, damn, I used to have that type of energy on on my own podcast, Like why don't we go back to that? So, yes, we we are. This is not someone didn't stand us up.
Speaker 4: It's intentional.
Speaker 1: If we're with that laugh now this someone stands us up.
Speaker 6: No no, no no no no no no, actually no, you just tried to fill in this gap. A lot of times. I got confused, but I was like, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was trying. I was trying to go for no to Michael Walden and we were trying to go with I mean, right now, I'm just dying to get to anyone over the age of sixty five because you never know.
Speaker 8: So just interviewing yourself then exactly whoa geriatric jokes?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 4: We all up there?
Speaker 1: H birthday? How was you just keep coming? Steve and eight years old? Is incredible? Stay at home? That's good? Wait is that good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That seeds. That's what you do on your birthday. That's what you do on your birthday. You know what? I think I was sick on my birthday? You've ever been on sick or on Christmas or your birthday? Yes? What's Christmas? Really? Is it too early for people.
Speaker 5: To laugh my jokes? That was actually good jewey Christmas jokes at Landing right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done. Maybe I'm supposed to be in Will Ferrell's podcast. I'm in the wrong room. Oh yeah, hopefully he'll you know, be a mercy laugh for anything. Or we could just start over. So we're we're in Los Angeles?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is this is this a vacation of sorts or are you guys still this is mine? I feel like he was about to go out of his mind. If he doesn't, I feel like we're taking away from something really important right now. No. No, by the presence, I just meant like, you got you got real going on? We all got real, but you really got real?
Speaker 4: Shiit?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: Do you notice that? For real? For real? Bill is worse than you when it comes to like the flowers, seeing he's all like weird, he's getting he's turned white.
Speaker 1: Really well with flowers. Let's start with buildings. The episodes Phil.
Speaker 5: Last episode of Quest Love Supre Sorry Bill Shervin, know what you've been up to?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: So the Tony's are over. The Tonys went over.
Speaker 5: I didn't win any Tonies get nominated for a Tony. Julia is still running and and it's expanded, and it's expanded.
Speaker 1: It's in Singapore. Let people know what it is. Let people know what it is.
Speaker 5: Andreuliette is a musical I worked on. It's the retelling of Romeo and Juliette with the songs of Max Martin, Swedish pop songwriter extraordinary.
Speaker 6: So basically Brittany and sing Battery Boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's my Life. I didn't know he wrote. So was he first?
Speaker 4: Was it first?
Speaker 1: Okay? My analogy is what Bangladesh is the calise for Bossy is It's my life? That for for his catalog, Like, is that the first big song that he wrote?
Speaker 5: No? He, I mean he did all the Backstory Boys stuff. So the first what was his very first joint that as the bass I saw the time, but it was one of his earlier ones. And then you know Robin not rob Rob. Yeah, he wrote and then the all the early Backstory Boys. So like any Backstory Boys song that was big, quit playing games in My Heart?
Speaker 1: And okay, so I thought the bon Jovie joint came way later. Oh so he jumped on the bandwagon, I get now, Okay, yeah, I mean like that was like a one off for him. He did.
Speaker 5: There's a couple of those that are existing the show too, but mostly it's like, you know, it's Battory boys, it's some in sync stuff, a lot of stuff, and then like Arianna on the weekend, you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's weird. Without me knowing who he was. We actually had a Max Martin song during the tipping point period, really, and then he scoffed and was sort of like I don't want this hit ass song going to this group, like who are they? And then I believe he gave that song to you remember Tila Tequila Shut It by the way, where where Tila at?
Speaker 4: She was the.
Speaker 1: She was like on the Trump bandwagon for a second. Yeah yeah, yeah no, but she was the first. She was that kind of what influences are now. She was kind of the first of that pre yeah, pre Instagram, Tom her and Tom Thomas and friends.
Speaker 4: Thomas my space, Thomas my space.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't like we went to him directly. It was there was an artist from Philly. I'm forgetting because I should know him. Dude was actually incredible. If you have are two greatest Hits compilation. Whenever he's like singing break you off, do you remember, oh boy do?
Speaker 8: But I just I was just nodding because I love that. I love that compilation. The understand Right, So he a the time like Rich discovered him. I think his father was somehow associated with Bunny Sigaler or like instant Funk or whatever.
Speaker 1: But this dude, I mean, he's sort of he he was blau Lte or whatever. But he had a joint called like all my skater friends, all my hipster friends, we all want the same thing. We all want the same thing. The song was like we made the song dope. But basically Matt max Mart was just like, n word, please let me give this to someone that's really going to elevate the song. So I think like Tequila used it for I guess she had she had a reality show on pH.
Speaker 6: One right finding her date or something like that.
Speaker 1: Right, Well that was I guess that was the theme moment. So so I hope he's happy with that decision. I can't wait to ask it went to the right. Yeah, he probably don't remember. He probably didn't know what her roots was you know.
Speaker 6: He no NaIO doo.
Speaker 1: Now he is, So let me get into time machine and travel back fifteen years and.
Speaker 4: Get this back. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Good play, really good play.
Speaker 1: So what like, what's what's the next for you? Bill?
Speaker 5: Well, let's see, saysmey Street's happening, saysmey Street. Uh is not part of the writer strike, which is now over.
Speaker 1: But so it.
Speaker 5: Continues to move on and then I don't know, my daughter made the volleyball team as an eighth grader, so we go to a lot of volleyball, which is great.
Speaker 1: Do we get new titles for them? Because now they're not kids anymore? So before they what we called them the Angel and the Devil. Yeah, they still are that, but now they're just older and it's different. I don't know, Fanta, you can talk to this. Like when kids get older, it's like there's like a weird moment where they sort of switch into like, uh, you don't have to care for them all the time, and they don't really want to be around you that much. Yeah, or just like can I I know it's we're supposed to be with you, but like, can we just not be with you? And then weirdly, the other, the younger one, like, she gets really empathy, she gets really sad. She's like like, I want to go to my friend's house, but I feel really bad.
Speaker 5: Leaving you here all alone. As if I'm like this like lonely loser that I'm like, you know what, I'm fine, Like, don't worry about me.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm finishing this Bible. James, I was like, I'm good.
Speaker 5: At being alone. Don't worry about it. I'm totally you know, But she weirdly feels bad.
Speaker 1: Wait can I ask? All right? So I revisited uh doing the strike because there's nothing to watch. I revisited a show with a character in a similar situation with two daughters. Said character has been alright, it come on. I was rewatching Louis and there was an episode where they're on a subway train and the youngest one, who is sort of the rebel rouser, decides at the last minute to run off the train as the train closes. And you know, so, so when you're saying the more mischievous one, is she that level of devil? Okay, she's she's too afraid to do that, Okay.
Speaker 5: Idea of like being like alone on a platform scares of the shit, I'm sure, but like she's she's just more outspoken. Like, Okay, so we were having dinner the other day and she just got a cell phone. She's eleven years old and she we were out to dinner and I said, can you please put your phone down? We're having dinner, and she goes, sure, I just need to say goodbye to this person. And I was like, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, put the cell phone down. She was like, but like she she didn't understand that, like this was the end of this conversation, and she got really mad about it. And so I then I grabbed her phone and whenever, like when you physically do something to a child, it's a thing, And so I grabbed the phone I put over here, and she was so pissed and like, but then, weirdly, I was also out to dinner with my ex wife and her husband and so but what weirdly what she got remarried, she's about to and then this, yeah, well we haven't had a thing here we are now, you know. So but we all three of us, weirdly, like without talking, agreed that how dare she fucking do that? And we all equally got mad at her, which was nice. There was like some solid which felt which felt right with my ex wife and her soon to be husband, the people who I should be in full agreement with at all times.
Speaker 1: What the anyway? But yeah, but she's like she's like very defiant. I think it's the right word. Another d words. She's defiant as opposed to like daredevil.
Speaker 9: Bill.
Speaker 6: Can I ask you a question, what's the last coolest thing you did on the street? What would that you remember?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: This is cool the street?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I call it the street.
Speaker 5: Well, we were just at a thing with with Higham Hyam was on Sesame Street last year and I wrote a song for them about the A. B C's and they were super. No, I think it's Hime, isn't it h A.
Speaker 3: I m that it's not that.
Speaker 1: I believe it's high I think I just said it right.
Speaker 10: And these are this is the two girls sisters sister.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were, they were they were on touch the street. They did great, they had a really good time.
Speaker 1: That was cool. I'm trying to think what else wall I have a I think I always asked this. I feel as though the late nineties and early aughts was Elmo season. You guys went heavy on Elmo and kind of laid back on the muppets I grew up with, Like Grover wasn't getting no play. Herbert Birdsfoot probably still in that exactly. Yeah, guy Smiley, you know what I mean? Like, there's not a seven and the third?
Speaker 6: How many people I don't know these?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, was born in the early nineties. People wink, Wow, Grover, that's a grunge.
Speaker 4: It was right.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is is that is there a development staff that's like, Yo, we got to introduce new muppets and new characters and sort of phase old ones out.
Speaker 5: I think it's less about phasing old ones out and more about just new ones. So like we have one that's like, she's Korean, her name is Young, And there's another one who has autism and her name is Julia.
Speaker 3: I have one that like isn't like the kids parents, like incarcerated something.
Speaker 4: You got that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's that? What's that one name?
Speaker 1: I don't know her. I knew where this is going.
Speaker 4: I couldn't make that.
Speaker 1: I Actually.
Speaker 4: His name is l.
Speaker 8: I actually looked it up the other day for some weird reason. There's thirty four hundred muppets in the history of muppetry, really four hundreds possible.
Speaker 5: There's the Sesame Street Uppets, right, and then there's like the Muppet Mupets, like that's Piggy and Kermit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I know, but three thousand, four hundred, how.
Speaker 5: Do you well, people are busy making puppets. Chesame Street must be like an entire like empire. Yeah, like a whole.
Speaker 1: I mean that whole. It's not a street anymore too.
Speaker 6: It's time for the Big Bird movie, which is really awesome. Do you have any ends on that's a movie?
Speaker 5: No, there was, and then I don't know what happened. It just disappeared like things. I'm learning that things in Hollywood just do they puffing the smoke.
Speaker 1: The Muppets.
Speaker 3: The last one I saw it was the one where uh Kermit. It was was the Evil Kermit Constantine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the Muppets most wanted or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like in the last Yeah, yeah, that one was good.
Speaker 3: There's a song on there on the soundtrack, because I think the guys who do uhcourse, there's a song on there that Constantine sings and it sounds like a Jamiroquai song. That is a jam that gamin Like here, it's called I get you what you want. It's basically a tricking anthem. It's like Constantine telling me I value whatever you want.
Speaker 1: And so that's where evil Kermit comes from. Yes, isn't it weird that the Jamin no, the song Jamin, Like if you guys had meetings about the fact that tea comes from you guys and memes you mean, oh yeah, like spill the tea.
Speaker 6: But that's not them, that's.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's that's the Muppets. So Kermit is officially not Team Sesame Street anymore. Y'all haven't done muppet news flash.
Speaker 5: I only worked with Kermit once. There was like a season fifty anniversary thing and Kermit saying with Elvis Costello being green on the sets. The only time I ever hung out with Kermit, And it's the only time there's been a cross over in years.
Speaker 1: So who's Grover's foil? If Kermit is no longer on the show? Grover's dead son? If you're heard gro versus own foot, Like are muppets allowed to get old? Like I wasn't the original Elmo? And then y'all you almost had colorism issues or something y'all just gave me people got neurotic.
Speaker 5: You know what's interesting is like when people come on the show who are older than all right whatever, uh, they want to they want to be part of like Burton, Ernie and Grover and and and like, and they don't our people in our generation don't know them, don't understand Like Abby and Elmo are the younger generation of puppets. They're always by the way, they don't age. They're always three years old or five or something like that. And so it's it's always interesting to see what people resonate with what puppets and why. And it's just because were they on the TV more when they were kids or is like that's like Harry Styles was like, I need to I need to meet big Bird.
Speaker 1: I had a big bird stuff people have like request all the time. So you you were like, I want to pack. Like y'all stuck me with Prairie. I mean, look, I like Prairie doing, but I hope it. Look all you're all you're doing is revealing to me that you didn't want Sesame Street as a kid. Were you an adult soon as he came out the womb?
Speaker 6: No, but I was more electric compan.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that shows a whole other thing. I did that show too. I only want to earn him Bert because you know, you guys used to end every sketch with muppets just falling backwards and again and pression will meet. That's also another reason why TV was very monitored, because you know, used to just no one told me that if you fall backwards on a hard.
Speaker 8: Object, this plains a lot. Actually blood might be drawn. Yeah, that's a concussion protocol. Please, why don't they do it? Where muppets? Where are they now?
Speaker 1: Like Ernie and Burt moved to Florida and.
Speaker 6: Retire people right, like the voices, they're not with us.
Speaker 1: What doesn't matter? Kind of matter, though it does matter. That's why I feel like you do need to develop new characters, because like the new Ernie is kind of get is maybe knowing the intonations and inflections. But well, the diehards like you, you can tell the difference.
Speaker 5: But like to most people, like the newer people who have done it, we should be watching it anyway, right.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a much larger question that I don't know. We have a time picular the first time you talk to me all concerned you were like, wait, are you still telling me? You still actively what? I remember that conversation and I was like, soldering up. I don't know what you talk about?
Speaker 6: Favorite song?
Speaker 10: We were FaceTime and just moved the TV right exactly exactly, So, Lia, how's your comedy?
Speaker 1: Wait? Why did you don't do that?
Speaker 6: Don't do it? Don't you do it? Don't ask me that question. Literally. I had a podcast listener walk up on me in the Mirk Park like two weeks ago and was like, Heyliah. I listened to QLs and JD I I how's your comedy going? I was like, God, why are you paying a fuckingtention? I got three jobs to be hard.
Speaker 4: I feel you, but how's the comedy going?
Speaker 8: Maybe it could turn that how you don't want to talk about comedy into a comedy routine.
Speaker 6: I write all the time. I have an ongoing little notepad in my phone and I just write the jokes and I think, one one day.
Speaker 3: Is that something? Is that something that you still want to do? Do you really want to do stand up?
Speaker 4: Or is it? You know?
Speaker 6: I don't know. That Ship made me really nervous, and Ship every since, ever since you gave me the critique. I feel like I don't know, I've been scared to go back ever since. That's not your fault, that's me. I have to get my confidence together because you gave me a nice like you know, this is what you.
Speaker 4: Need to do.
Speaker 8: You don't bring your phone up on the stage with you, Like, can we get rid of commedy? I know, can we get rid of the ones that do that?
Speaker 3: But I like when Dan Cole does it, like yeah, and to just if just to record yourself. Every comedian I say, they say, like always record your set.
Speaker 6: I love the way Dion Cole do it like he actually is coming out like checking jokes and see if they work.
Speaker 3: Like, so, is it something that you still have a passion for as from you know, the feedback I gave away, I don't know.
Speaker 6: About having a passion for doing stand up per se. I have a passion for doing funny things. I have a passion for entertaining people, have a passion for making people laugh. And I wanted to make sure that I even knew the ins and outs and the mechanics of comedy before even saying that this is something I want to do. So that's what I did when I moved here, I was sitting to recoup. It was like, don't tell nobody that you took a comedy class. But I did.
Speaker 3: And I'm proud of saying, why shouldn't you tell people you took coming?
Speaker 6: Oh though, that's what we told me once when I was about to get on stage for.
Speaker 1: Delirious, Mister reluctant.
Speaker 6: No, but I was. I'm proud because I took it from a woman who was a writer for Chelsea Handler, and it was more about just formulas, because like, if you had no idea about comedy, you don't know there are formulas. You don't know the call back, you don't know the rules of three, you don't know. So yeah, so I wanted to make sure that, like if I was going to at least to attempt this, that it wasn't just like on a whelm.
Speaker 1: You know, how do you I wonder if u c B, wonder what level of comedy do you have to be to enter a UCB or second city or.
Speaker 6: The different levels. Yeah, I've done improv. I did improv in Philly. I was so funny. I forget the things I done theater and theater groups and dinner theater and stuff like that. So for me, it's just always about making sure because you know how well studied you guys are your craft. I want to feel like that well everything that I do.
Speaker 3: Whatever I was going to say, I mean, I think the studying part just I mean, from from my standpoint, it wasn't a whole lot of studying. It was just doing and kind of learning from there. Because because that was my question, I was gonna ask you, So the classes that you took, did you feel they were informative for you?
Speaker 4: Liked where they were they helpful?
Speaker 6: Yes? Yes, yes, because I had the words, but I might not know how to close the joke, you know what I mean? So yeah, and a lot, And it gave me confidence to say.
Speaker 3: And then after you did that set at uh, was that your last time ever going up again the Delirious thing?
Speaker 4: Was that your It's cool?
Speaker 6: No? It been it? No, that was the last time. That was the last time. I've been on stage three times and it was yep, that was the last time, and the first time was at Tarik's original Delirious and Philly.
Speaker 3: Did you feel like you got I won't say, I don't know, you got better every time? Did you feel more confident like every time you did it, did it get a little easier.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Because I'm gonna tell you, like I'm a confident person on stage period because I host parties, I host events like this is what I do. But that ship was nervous as shit, Like I had to make sure I empied out my bladder because either way, I'm a tt on myself a little bit.
Speaker 5: So did you ever think that you could do stand up? Because I think you could absolutely could.
Speaker 3: Nah man, I Nah, I done so when Hannibal when he was hit the other day, like I had him when he came out to Raleigh. I he hit me to like introduce him, you know what I'm saying, like to be like EMC or whatever. And I mean I might have did like five minutes just kind of warming up the crowd whatever.
Speaker 4: But nah man, that's just.
Speaker 6: How to do that. I like doing that. I like hosting, warming up crowds and like doing all that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, and that's the ling And that's why I asked you, is it something you want to do for me like when I did when I've been in those spaces like stand up First of all, that's just the hardest of all the disciplines. For me, you know what I mean, Because it's one thing to just be the funny dude at the cookout or the funny dude that game night or whatever the fuck sitting in front of people who have paid money with the expectation of make me laugh. That's something else, you know what I'm saying. That's a science, you know what I mean. That's an art, you know what I mean. So it's something that I admire, and I admire comedians more than anything else for the way that they tell the truth about their craft and people in it. Like when we had Got It was years back. We had Michelle wolf On.
Speaker 4: And I forgot who the girl was that put out the.
Speaker 3: Comedy special that was kind of getting all this supplaint applause.
Speaker 4: It was always just so brave and it's so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah from England or was that Australian?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't remember. I can't remember the comedian's name. But anyway, we asked some shell wolf like, what do you think about it? She was like, Yo, that shit sucks. It's unfunny. Like it was no political answer, it was just like no. And so that's the thing for me with comedy, I more so learned from comedians and admire just the way that they're just unapologetic about what's funny and what's not.
Speaker 4: And I just can't take from that.
Speaker 3: But actually being a comedian like nah, being the person on stage doing it, Nah. Writing it could be cool, but performing it is just not something I'd been interested.
Speaker 1: I think we're talking about Hannah Gatsby. Yeah, that's exactly what Yep, that was her. I had to type the comedian woman. Wow, that's a tough thing to you.
Speaker 4: But not but like like you.
Speaker 3: I mean I gave you when we talked. I mean this has been god like five years ago, now you know what I mean. But no, I mean it was I was just giving you my opinion. But no, you were you were good. I mean you have like the things you say, like you really do command the crowd, Like you have a big voice, and you know people you commanded their attention.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So you know, I think you if there's something you want to do, I really think you could do it.
Speaker 1: But you also I think the number one ship to do in comedy. And this is this is mostly just for also as a human being. We have to readjust our relationship to rejection, because that's all we're afraid of rejection, So that sort of stops us.
Speaker 6: From real here. You know how we I'm just saying we're going on the same day. We not really good with that, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Used to be. I don't know, I'm going through a teftline period now.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, because look at you now, like you're in a different part.
Speaker 3: Of your Yeah I'm going through say yeah, go ahead. No, it doesn't like the more you kind of go and the more you.
Speaker 4: At least it just from my experience and I let me.
Speaker 3: But like the more you do and kind of the more you kind of accomplish, you think like, oh you gain more confidence.
Speaker 4: But the more you go, like your challenge has changed.
Speaker 3: So it's like, Okay, I'm confident in doing this thing I was doing a year ago, but now it's a year or two later, I'm doing some whole other ship now that there's still a first. So it's like every time you progress and you level up in your career, you get to that point where it's like, oh damn, I'm having to learn some new ship over.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is, well, I mean you're always worried about can you hold them to standard. And you know I also all right, So yesterday I think I told one of you, maybe it was you, that when you worry, you're secretly praying for what you're asking not to happen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's that's the shit you throw on me. Yes to say I have to think about it all night.
Speaker 1: Yes, not as worry as literally I don't get attacked outside. You're you're praying to get attacked outside.
Speaker 3: So it's like, what's the scene in inception like where homiees, Like, you know, if I tell you don't think about elephants, what are you thinking about elephants?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean it? And if you're thinking about elephants, wait.
Speaker 1: Right now? Like I think, I don't know if I told it Donnie Hathaway's story once, but when he uh, when a suicide happened in seventy nine. Uh, My grandma was in front of me, and you know, she's one of those fine brimstone Southern Baptist Christian women, and so you know she's sort of had a dismayed sort of mm hmm, that's a sin against God. I was like, huh, you know, I was like eight years old, and she said, that's blasphemy, like only the Lord should take his children away like, and I was like, what's blasphemy? And he's like, this is number one sinning against God. I said, so what happens? And that's when she told me the and she's always cooking food, so she was like, no, I'm zelming.
Speaker 6: I told.
Speaker 1: Full circle. So you know, she turns like she's already cooking. She's like, your soul burns in the fiery Firnst when you uh committed blasphemy against God. And I was like, well, you know, I was trying to understand how Donnie Hathaway jumping out the window.
Speaker 4: What the fuck that got to do with me?
Speaker 1: Right? And so she was doing this whole thing about blasphemy, and then she also told me that blasphemy he was taking the Lord's name in vain. I was like, what's the lord's name in vain? And she says, when you say the bad word gd God? Right, And then in my head that's all I heard. So I was I swear to guy. At least for two months, I had nightmares of crying, my mom waking me up. I'm going all because I can't stop thinking about it. In my hands just hurt. God, damn God, god bomb bomb.
Speaker 4: No man noah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Religion, yeah it sucks. It's not for children's yeah, not for me.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all had I had them stories as well of just like going to I remember I went to a god Man. I was probably like twelve, I was thirteen years old, and like my church, they sent us on like this.
Speaker 4: It was like the youth retreat ship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the retreat and so hump and retreat.
Speaker 4: So they sent us on this.
Speaker 5: Fucking youth retreating But yeah, there's some things I don't know about and there's some things.
Speaker 4: This is what I want to know.
Speaker 1: You go illegal whatever.
Speaker 6: You sounds wrong in twenty twenty three, but nah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean we went to this thing. We went to this uh they sent us to this youth for treating ship. And so the thing about it is like I'm a music guy, so if you can get me with music, then you got me. And the thing was it was we were black church and they sent us to this big things, big Christian thing and it was like mostly like white people. So the acts that they had it was like DC talk.
Speaker 1: You saw DC talk in person.
Speaker 3: I saw them in person, bro, Like they're like they was like the number one, like the.
Speaker 1: Gospel Backstreet Boys, but.
Speaker 4: Kind of they like a boy band.
Speaker 1: DC talked from like eighty seven to like ninety two. You were Christian and rat was banned in your household, right, you were allowed to listen to DC Talk. Yeah, they were Christian rappers.
Speaker 3: Christ yeah, which is like and then again which again like Christian rappers is automatic. That's like saying fat free brownie, Like you're taking our whole point of why I'm doing.
Speaker 1: This, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So so yeah, I want to say the one that I did like your girl was there Amy Grant.
Speaker 4: Hey, baby baby, I think this was by pre baby.
Speaker 1: Baby. She didn't do that jam.
Speaker 6: Damn seeing her holy her back.
Speaker 1: She didn't.
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 5: It was Jesus the time Prince Lord d C Talk just released that album.
Speaker 1: Of course they did last year. Hit it ten seconds. You can play more than.
Speaker 4: I guess that they didn't think twice.
Speaker 3: It's not no, that's them, But I'm just like, no, that ain't.
Speaker 6: We had another dude with a Christian dude. He sounded like Biggie, remember him. It was like an early man.
Speaker 4: The penal cost the paper was not taking another ship up. These are real people. But anyway, okay, we go to this thing like it was like the creature.
Speaker 3: And they preaching and they just it's like you were saying, they just always talk about just fire and brimstone. You're gonna go to hell and you're gonna do this and oh years you just look at it's like, yeah, it's all.
Speaker 4: Based in fear and control.
Speaker 3: It's like trying to scare you into being who they want you to be, in hope of this wonderful afterlife the sky later, just pining the sky and it's like, but I got to live here now. And so I think I was maybe like thirteen fourteen, and yeah, I was like, yo, fuck this, I ain't never going back. And I just told I was like, yeah, I ain't doing this. This is this is fucking corny and the music is wag is nothing like white people here, Like it's fucking trash.
Speaker 4: And I just never went back.
Speaker 1: Was there an m c JC.
Speaker 4: There was not an m c j C.
Speaker 3: There is I don't know there is an mc nine hundred foot Jesus, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that the truth is out of style. That sounds yeah, the truth is out of style. Can we talk about church games? I don't know about church games. Who were just talking about Oh that's when that's when, that's when like no one's looking.
Speaker 6: Oh that's like hide and seek.
Speaker 1: God, it advance no.
Speaker 6: Section on porn.
Speaker 1: There's a dry humping report.
Speaker 4: So much about you?
Speaker 1: Like that was next to.
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 1: You want to?
Speaker 4: I know, I didn't know about.
Speaker 1: Please and the whole category.
Speaker 6: It's an art. I mean where women post these. This is one chick. This this my girl that I follow and she got a roommate and they always put up their videos and literally she'll be in like her panties and her bra and he'll be in like his wet pants and his shirt and she'll just be riding on him. See I like saut I don't is there? Oh yeah, he'll and different positions. They do it in the kitchen. What did you say? What did you say?
Speaker 1: Only he gets.
Speaker 4: Take what the recordized?
Speaker 6: That's it. I That's all. I was just gonna that's I might have revealed too much, but yeah.
Speaker 3: This is all of us and one of our people on this cute. She's an intimacy coordinator. We're talking about dad.
Speaker 6: Who's an intimate girls. Shut up?
Speaker 4: Wao many?
Speaker 1: What can we talk about? I can't renumber five's INTMC Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you've been in some crazy situation.
Speaker 1: You want to you want to?
Speaker 6: I where do you even start? What did you start?
Speaker 9: As?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 1: Didn't we want to have six microphones? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Come on, yeah, come on here with me, Come on do allright?
Speaker 1: For audience, please give us your name?
Speaker 11: What's my name is? Durren?
Speaker 1: Hello? Duran? How you doing?
Speaker 12: Hello?
Speaker 5: Worry?
Speaker 1: I just say yesterday? Uh uh? We were if we can recall the conversation, we're playing guess my age? Yes, so I naturally I thought Durham was like just out of high school, like maybe in their second year.
Speaker 4: We all did well.
Speaker 1: I was like, you like twenty two? Yeah?
Speaker 11: She was like, no, should I say? I'm thirty four?
Speaker 6: The water didn't do it all right?
Speaker 4: So he got by Jesus will.
Speaker 1: I really was okay, Wait, there's a long as sorry Friday, who makes it? Who makes an applause for like twelve minutes?
Speaker 6: That's so intimacy coach? How does one become an intimacy coach?
Speaker 11: Intimacy coordinator?
Speaker 6: Sorry? Yeah? Are there?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 6: A coach and a coordinator.
Speaker 11: There are two different things.
Speaker 1: I know a thing.
Speaker 12: Okay, Okay, So I'm an intimacy coordinator TV and film.
Speaker 6: What does that mean?
Speaker 11: It means that I chordograph. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Know someone that wants to job. I got to talk to you because when they were presenting this to me, like I'm want to be intimacy coordinator, I was like, huh yeah, And I was like, is that the thing? I'm a new director, so I don't know these things. This is a thing.
Speaker 11: It's a bit very big thing.
Speaker 4: It's recent, you know what I mean, in the last decade.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's a it's a new field kind of the me too moment is what brought it to America.
Speaker 11: But it was in the UK before that.
Speaker 1: So if you were on the set of Eyes White Shut, how would you operate a lot? Was that eventced?
Speaker 11: It's a little bit you know not, I mean like barely reference.
Speaker 12: Okay, but she knows it, my love prince, so like I dot bit.
Speaker 6: More mild shut.
Speaker 11: So can we like modern it up?
Speaker 9: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't think they make slow jams anymore.
Speaker 6: Fifty gray, thanks Bill.
Speaker 12: I mean that would be a lot of choreography, right, A lot of conversations. Honestly, I talk a lot about sex and relationship, and I talk a lot about character development and character motivation. So it's like, why are we touching this person for what reason? Who's giving, who's taking? Like you know, who's receiving? Are you touching them the way that you want to touch them or the way that they want to be touched?
Speaker 1: So do you talk to the screen riner question all the time?
Speaker 12: Those should be questioned. Now that's an intimacy coach. That's what an intimacy coach would do for you, because they would do it on a one on one basis or like in a couple basis. But as a coordinator, I'm doing that like for a scene with actors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had actor friends and people in the movie community actually complain about I have a friend who had Often you run into a situation where if one actor has a spouse that's really really feeling some sort of way about that thing, and then that holds them back from the scene. But the director wants the right and there was never a person right. There was never a person.
Speaker 12: There like mitigate like it's honestly, it's a lot of like mitigating power dynamics because as a as a person who's an actor, you just want to do what the director tells you to do. You just want to make it good for them, like seriously, so you'll you'll say you'll do anything. So I talk to them before I talk to the director. I break down the script. I talk to the director, what's your vision? I talk to the actors. What do you want to show? What do you not want to show?
Speaker 6: Some of them have contractual things that they like, literally in their contract they have body parts, they will writer agreements.
Speaker 11: I only want my nipples shown for three seconds ten.
Speaker 13: You know, I'll.
Speaker 12: Do half a butt, not a full butt, you know, like those are those are very real things I'll do, butck cleeve, but I don't want to do full rear.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: I believe someone was interviewed about the What's what's the name of the Weekend? So have you watched that series?
Speaker 12: I refused, Yeah, yeah, I refuse that.
Speaker 11: I've heard things.
Speaker 12: I mean, it's in the icy circles, the intimacy coordinator circles, you.
Speaker 11: Know, like we've talked about it. Okay, that's in the group chat.
Speaker 1: Explain this. So the thing was, I guess the first shot was fired by the Rolling Stone article that sort of spread like talked about trouble on the set, and then it just snowballed on. So I kind of missed all that part. So what I wound up with was everyone was talking about it, and each week it would trend and people be making fun of it. Yeah, so it's it almost has a show Girl's effect on me because it was so I watched it and then I was like.
Speaker 12: Oh, yes, shows, I mean they did a lot of like what making fun of intimacy coordinator roles in that particular. Yeah, they like I don't know, sometimes people want to make you be the like the consent, you know, like I'm here to make sure you don't say the wrong things like the PC police. I'm the most inappropriate on set. I just enjoy rules like so I'm just gonna make sure say yeah, bound, I'm like, you know, I'm not trying to be a hall monitor. I'm an artist.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when they're actually in the bed, do you actually have to also be there to go?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: So I need you to move a little.
Speaker 12: I love that you were talking about humping, because that's yeah, I mean like for sets.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's like a real thing.
Speaker 12: We put barriers between them or like silicone barriers about to say, how do you stop.
Speaker 11: Dulling sensation? You know I heard, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Sensation keep him getting erected.
Speaker 12: To keep both of them from feeling their genitalia, like literally like making it more adult, like this is like not dult.
Speaker 6: Were putting like a real cup.
Speaker 12: Yeah, almost like an athletic cup, but it's much softer, made of like medical grade silicone on every color.
Speaker 6: Come on, I got but it holds you down though, Steve, it'll it'll, it'll hold you on.
Speaker 1: Pa.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad. They always wondered what do you do when he gets aroused? Okay, because I mean you.
Speaker 12: Wouldn't feel it, you know, if I've taped it down proper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now can I ask? Because of the brown Bunny situation, are you familiar with this Welsh done? You are who decided to go full throttle with it and perform on.
Speaker 11: That's visit and that's illegal.
Speaker 6: Means it's illegal.
Speaker 12: You're not supposed to give your your co partner head on set, like did this happened?
Speaker 11: Like in like you're not.
Speaker 6: Like union rules you're talking about because they didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they showed it or not, but she just did it for real.
Speaker 12: It could I mean like illegal as in it. It really could be a harassment suit and not just between you and the person you did it with, but like everybody.
Speaker 13: Else the house is around.
Speaker 6: That's an interesting thing.
Speaker 1: This is a very controversial a very different times. She kind of got like I'm not saying she got blackballed, but you know, they kind of scarlet lettered her.
Speaker 9: He didn't well, I mean but he's not acting anyway.
Speaker 6: I mean he's he directed and he acted in that movie, right, and.
Speaker 11: She gave him head like in the That's a lot.
Speaker 12: I wonder if she felt like she had to, like if someone like me was there, like because sometimes it's like I can get ahead literally on Google.
Speaker 1: Says why was the Brown Bunny so controversial? Sex? The film's infamous sex scene, which.
Speaker 13: Performs nice sex bred unsimulated oral sex upon Gallo, received an overwhelmingly negative stimulated unsimulated not unstimulated.
Speaker 4: Simulated me.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's supposed to be simulated sex not I received an overwhelmingly negative critical response at its con premiere, and it became a media scandal, with many critics speculating whether or not she had been pressured into performing a sex act with Galla.
Speaker 6: That was yeah, that was the the last thing he directed, was right.
Speaker 1: Well, where's her?
Speaker 6: Quick question? So that means like, have you ever seen the movie Kids?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: I know you all, but have you seen the movie Kids? The first Rosario Dawson. Okay, So I'm just wondering if a movie like that could be made in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Think so, I don't think a lot of stuff like Harmony Korn, Larry Clark, like, I don't think these.
Speaker 6: Are children teenagers happening like that, Karen.
Speaker 12: What's the snippets?
Speaker 6: Choe was in Kids?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 1: Yeah? She wasn't Kids? Yeah, Chloe was in Kids.
Speaker 11: There are a lot of rules around children. Now now it's like.
Speaker 6: This, Oh, one more question. Do men do this job?
Speaker 11: Yes? My mentor is a man?
Speaker 6: Straight ones?
Speaker 11: Yes, well I mean straighters, spunk trum.
Speaker 12: Okay, We're a little more fluid these days. Like my mentor, Yehuda Dunes is an amazing intimacy coordinator.
Speaker 3: Shout out, how do these these skill sets or do these new skill sets and conversations that you have to have, how do they show up in your personal life?
Speaker 4: In terms of enforcing boundaries or how do they inform you in that way?
Speaker 11: I'm having less sex.
Speaker 12: Really, yeah, I am having less set more people want to fuck me, but I'm having less sex.
Speaker 6: Feels clinical or something.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 12: I think like the intrigue is there, like everyone is in intrigued. It sounds really sexy, but I don't know. My communication game is really high. If you is not there, I don't I'm not into it. I think, yeah, I have a much higher standard of like how we start and finish this, and I can be a lot more impartial than other people can. And not everybody wants impartial.
Speaker 1: Well, you got to put it out there that you find people on your wavelength.
Speaker 6: I don't even know what that means with sex. I'm impartial with sex.
Speaker 11: Well, it's like you know, situationships and things. Got you, I can come and go got you.
Speaker 1: I can take it or leave it.
Speaker 9: I can take it or you're saying that the other side, I hope, can you.
Speaker 1: I have two friends that are really interested in this. I'm really in my head. I was slightly dismissive because I was like, wait a minute, I'm just doing documentaries. I'm not doing real movies yet, and but they were like, I want to be the intimacy coordinator. And I was just like, what's that? And in my head I kind of dismissed it. But this is really ship and people actively looking for.
Speaker 12: Yes, yeah, he can be legitimately certified. You can take coursework.
Speaker 1: One of them is taking getting there their sex certificate thing of Ajiger.
Speaker 11: That's what I had.
Speaker 1: These things existed.
Speaker 6: You're looking for voices graduate.
Speaker 1: We just got off strike yesterday.
Speaker 6: So I'm just one in my bid and the people is telling you they want to job movies and stuff. I'm trying that I do voice work job.
Speaker 4: Your voice work is amazing.
Speaker 1: Recently I hired a lot. I've heard that voice, that Book of Knowledge, old Book of Track, give good voice. Oh wait, i't realize what I said voice, But I want to get myself.
Speaker 4: I'm not like your voice of work is really really.
Speaker 6: Working on it every day. Thank you brother. It's a big compliment coming from it's worked out.
Speaker 4: You're not.
Speaker 1: You're not working on it.
Speaker 6: I am okay, and I will be featured in the new Aristocrats move.
Speaker 1: I'll put you in the Aristocrats.
Speaker 6: Shut up. You're trying to blame me.
Speaker 4: Is that have you well? Is that live action or is it animated?
Speaker 1: First thing, I gotta tell people, it's not cats. It's not, it's not it's not going to be cats. Right. However, right now I'm trying to figure out the degree for how real the cats are. So here's the deal. I don't have emotional connection to well, I don't have an emotional connection to the original Lion King. So thus people sort of had guns and knives out for all these new animatronic right, because they're mostly attached to what they grew up with. And so you know, when I saw the Lion King, I was like, oh, okay, no no problem, and this is the right right. The only human being whose first experience with the Lion King was Beyonce Joins. And when everyone started like I was like huh, I was like, all right, let me watch this Jowin And I watched it and I was like, oh, okay, I get it. It would be like me seeing a new soul train being like, yo, this is nothing like what I grew up with.
Speaker 4: You can't compete with people's nostalgia, like it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Right, especially just now. It's not like you know, Aristicats was the last movie of the Disney cannon of that of that era, you know, from from thirties till like Risticats came on like nineteen sixty nine, seventy, and after that then they just went through this like her being like the live Joins and then back in the nineties they brought uh, you know Ladimer made and.
Speaker 4: They was probably Laddin and all that.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to figure out the level of reality to fantasy. And the thing is with technology now, like in seconds, in five minutes, they could be like do you want them to look like this? I'm like, ah, it's too real. Do you want to look like this? It's too cartoonists? Do you want to look like so?
Speaker 6: And at the teenage meeting Turtles that that shit totally changed, like the animation and that was kind of like, how.
Speaker 1: Do you say they were cy?
Speaker 12: You know, it just looked a little crazy. It sells me out, yeah, carry out just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So now what I have to figure out is am I going for? And you can weigh in on this. Do you go for the new audience or do you go with the Disney cult? Because I now find out that Disney people are mostly kids that refuse to grow up. So I got a bunch of thirty and forty and fifty year old people your age that like want to put the kids onto it, but they're what, well, I mean, you know, I'm talking. I think your job is to figure out how to make both of those things work.
Speaker 5: That's the job. The job is is not to appeal to either ors to both. That's always been the job. That's always should be your job. You can't like, just let me ask you because there's ten of us in here. Okay, well you looked at me, so I just started.
Speaker 1: Going, Well, because you work on a kids show, I do, and we try to peel everybody. Okay, so what was everyone's relationship to the original Lion King?
Speaker 4: You want to go for?
Speaker 5: Okay, we're talking about we're talking for those that love the original Lion King.
Speaker 3: Raise your hand, yeah I did, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah?
Speaker 11: Did you not love the original Lion King?
Speaker 1: See, the thing was, I was twenty one when the Lion King came out, so it wasn't like, yo, I gotta see this shit.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, then I moved to Europe. Everything you see then everything I feel like any adult that saw the Lion King at least had to have a child in the house that like always watched it on, you know, like those videotapes and DVDs were like babysitters or whatever. Nah facts, but unlike Pixar, which I'll be like, yeah, I want to watch Toy Story, like I was bored for that. But like I missed Aladdin, I missed Lion King, and I missed Beauty and the Beast.
Speaker 5: Like Milan, that's my hot, like the Aladdin, like I watched you were like eleven twelve in what year ninety two ninety one? That was exactly right.
Speaker 1: I was twenty one, so it wasn't like I would have rather go on to see.
Speaker 3: Boys in the howety four right, ninety four I was fifteen. I remember seeing that. I feel like I can't remember if I took like my brothers to see it or like, yeah, there's someone young that I wasn't like, hey, ma, I needed to crank that Lion King.
Speaker 6: Which is because you when you look at the cast, right, it kind of is you're right because it's like, look, it's Jeremy Irons, James Earl Jones, you know, like Mad Sinclair.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know what I mean, He's like yeah, awareness of it.
Speaker 1: I knew, like, oh, they're letting Elton John do the scores of this thing. He's napped on that too, right, So I knew that, But I really it wasn't until people started making you know, what's over Lion King? Who is that?
Speaker 4: Who's that hard? Elton John on Lion King? Or Phil Collins on Tarzan?
Speaker 1: Or like Alan?
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean I'm always.
Speaker 12: With feel and I love Lion King more than Tarzan and Phil Collins?
Speaker 6: Phil Collins?
Speaker 1: What was the joint on Tarzan? The one was it that? I wasn't kN you feel the love night? That was Elton John? What was Phil's joint on the Tarzan?
Speaker 4: Sound?
Speaker 1: It was a good song, it was.
Speaker 3: She was a jam I did like the Lion King. I didn't see the new one. I haven't seen the new I saw the Little Mermaid. I like my cousins. I like the old one. I haven't seen the new one.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's just I was more I really, I was more of a Pixar guy more so than Disney. Like a lot of the after the ninety is like after like that run of like Little Man, maybe Mulan, Aladdin. Aladdin was the jam I did I did a fun with Aladdin. A Laddin was my dude.
Speaker 10: But did you like the Latin remake they did?
Speaker 4: I see that one.
Speaker 1: It was not the best thing. My Genie's name.
Speaker 3: Out from Downtown.
Speaker 1: That was amazing, amazing, Nah, I was a pick.
Speaker 4: So like Tour Story, they had a run like they was. They was on it.
Speaker 1: And it's just like, I don't think anyone has cracked the code on a live remake for kids. I mean that at least, I don't know what you would consider, babe.
Speaker 4: But that was one about the pig.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's the game.
Speaker 5: The game is to try to figure out how to make the perfect like the live because people have tried to do it and no one's really nailed it.
Speaker 1: Rule number one is you should never look at the comments. But the first thing I did was all the Tom and Jerry comments. I looked at all the anyone that's done alive, and I just went down there, hold like all the YouTube trailer first look things to see like okay, the fish from Little Mermaid the yellow one like no one liked. I mean that alone from you ruined half the momentum of what the Little Mermaids should have done. They just nailed in on Flounder. But then again it's also like, but you're thirty four years old, like are you my audience or is your kids my audience?
Speaker 3: Or what idea is that you want to make some or they want you to make something?
Speaker 4: They will speak equally to both.
Speaker 3: That's what they you know, what I mean, that's what they want because I mean and for me again, that was kind of the Pixar thing and that on his face.
Speaker 4: Yes, they're movies for kids. But Toy Story three, a bro, I shed thug tears on this, but.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say the toys was in the motherfucking center.
Speaker 1: Man. Wait, that the only time I've ever seen Richard Jeremy Nichols wow shed his tear. Toy Story three's Toy Story three.
Speaker 4: Listen, bro hey bro lots of hugging.
Speaker 3: Bear's scared that he was a fun boy yo. Like where he had the kids, He had them toys up and together, the nursery home fu Yeah, locking them up and ship man because he wanted.
Speaker 1: When he came out of the dump truck like he on the joy and.
Speaker 4: Running it like.
Speaker 1: Che riche allowed himself ninety seconds of no, it's.
Speaker 4: That's the best one.
Speaker 1: I want to know.
Speaker 4: I want to know.
Speaker 1: How traumatized kids were and watching Toy Story three.
Speaker 4: How about we're still talking about it years ago to see it.
Speaker 3: They loved it like they I mean, I granted they are for my kids, right you know, but nah, I mean they loved it.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. We we had a great time.
Speaker 1: You still watch it?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's the One Man three like the first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't have emotions. You almost don't have to watch the rest of the movie. That the first seventeen minutes and that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, that's that's I mean for me, that was kind of the formative, like all right, we're gonna have this animation that's for children, but the themes are really you know, kind of growing up.
Speaker 1: Or animation helps the medicine go down facts, which is why family Guy can get away with what it gets or Southwes Southwark can get away with you know everything. Wow. So okay, so I'm we we gotta connect later because I literally didn't know that there was Is there an agency or.
Speaker 4: You just run an independent uh yeah called backpage. I've heard heard you know what I'm saying, you know, just out there.
Speaker 11: Like that's the Facebook.
Speaker 1: No, thank you for having.
Speaker 6: Interpretation step from.
Speaker 1: Give it a long clap.
Speaker 5: Okay, Price is right when that person is running from the back of the Prices.
Speaker 1: Right right, exactly?
Speaker 6: We need Wayne Brady.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I love Wayne Brady. Why do we need Wayne Brady?
Speaker 6: Know? He was just on my wish as you said, Price is right on my mind just went to.
Speaker 1: Wayne not playing a group together. I love Wayne. He's a freestyle of supreme the other loves. I wait, Wayne Brady was once? Is that why he's so good at Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well not one of the ways, way before that, but but he's been in freestyle spree forever for years.
Speaker 1: Is that still on? Probably? Okay, no more.
Speaker 5: I mean, uh, it's usually like during Christmas time, but I don't think we're doing it this year.
Speaker 1: Have you guys had a bad night where we just don't rhyme? Many?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 5: I think the most famous one is we played it the Melbourne Comedy Festival, Australia and it was like in there in the Royal Albert Hall where the version of that is and it was filmed for whatever, and everybody in the group bombed, like everybody. You can see it. It's fit on YouTube. No, it was not funny. And and the best part is is they made like a DVD when we made DVDs years later, and it says like this famous person, this famous person, and then says and shitloads more and there's a picture of us, and we're just like and we were terrible and it was and that happens and then like you know, like I'm sure like the roots when people started throwing shit because we weren't funny and like, you know, throwing it at us.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, it was that sort of bad. That was a different gig.
Speaker 5: It was a late night gig and they just started throwing ping pong balls at us where in I think it was Edinburgh. Wow, yeah, you talk about it. I mean I love a good failure story. I mean when you when you're an improvised teachable story. There there are days where it doesn't go well.
Speaker 1: So there are days where it goes great. There are days where it's just like.
Speaker 5: You know, in the same way people pay money, like stand up like this is us, but like we're literally making up everything, which people to this day also still like don't believe it. Yeah, But so there are days where it's just not funny and we're trying and it's just not happening.
Speaker 1: You know what. I respect a bad show. I don't like a mediocre show, not only when people filling it in. But I don't know if it's just me when someone does something bad, I actually respect. I kind of like that.
Speaker 4: More be wrong strong, Yeah, like commit to it.
Speaker 5: Also, we were doing like thirty shows and thirty days, and so it was like by the twenty fifth day, it was like I don't know the fuck to do anymore.
Speaker 1: You know, so there's no go to formula, Like.
Speaker 5: I mean, we play this, so we usually play the same seven games, right, so it's like this the structure, like you were saying about comedy, the structure is always the same, but it's like the words that we're getting from places are completely made up.
Speaker 6: So it's so is it crazy that I have like a hit and dream that one day will like play, we'll have some type of improper activity between like all of us. I think we would just really have fun.
Speaker 1: I love this is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm like this is it?
Speaker 4: Dude, Warren's an intimacy course and back again.
Speaker 6: Here's more. There's more, ain't no butts, you.
Speaker 4: Know, like I'm with it.
Speaker 1: We'll do this at the next game night.
Speaker 6: You better just bring them cars.
Speaker 13: Next game let's talk about look, because look, here's the deal.
Speaker 1: God, we're talking. Here's the deal. The deal is that I've been I've been doing game nights for at least five years. Mostly it's no night right.
Speaker 6: Or celebrity used to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean when I come down to West Coast down Er Teina, like they want to get right. So, but the thing is is that, at least for the last ten joints I've done, our sponsor was Mattel in terms of like providing us with all the games. We just show up and all the joints are there. I forget got that we wanted to also play other games. Well, the thing was like, are we going to be a product of Mattel or or is this just gonna be yeah? Right? And that's the thing, like, I don't what will ruin game night is when it becomes a thing. So I'm trying to now, Yes, you guys came to a really swinky atmosphere. It's nothing like that. We had to runt out a spot. You know, it so looked nice. Other o the other game nights might look like this room.
Speaker 6: That's I didn't think right.
Speaker 1: So the thing was in getting all those games. We it's like someone forgot to bring You know, when someone forgets to bring ice to.
Speaker 6: We forgot ice or make regular cars. Mattel makes regular cards. They really don't.
Speaker 1: Dude, I forgot to bring the ice. She's referring to.
Speaker 6: Was her you and uh, first of all, let's tell the story correctly.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, von Orgy got on me.
Speaker 6: Mister love. I was just for the record, the story goes Yvonne or She said to me, she walked and she said, that's your friend with a space cars that you better tell your friend he gets what's up with that. She put the pressure on me, and I was like, I said to her, you talking to the wrong one because he already thinks I'm like the hell of black one and he's just not.
Speaker 1: There's the white guy. And I was like, no, then you would.
Speaker 6: Have had spades cards.
Speaker 1: First of all, I don't organize my own ship.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm yes, and that's what we That's what I'm saying. When we're not in the room, things yo missing. That is the lesson in that.
Speaker 1: I just forgot the ice. I forgot to read. Yes, I made you a hell a turkey things giving time. The cards were there. We found them. Well, no, they were there. No, I know there's five cards there. We just didn't look hard enough, so the cards were there. But I hope you had fun. Despite the fact that we didn't please, we did know we had a good time.
Speaker 6: I did not think I would like cheetos on top of my macaroni, but you know what I.
Speaker 5: Think to say that, I'll be talking about Game Night for quite some time.
Speaker 1: It was ball, you know, from one to five, give it a solid three and a half. It was.
Speaker 6: It was really fun, So three and a half for everybody else, It was a ten for William Sherman.
Speaker 1: I had a great night. Uh, how great was your night? With an scale of one to five, it was fifty eight. It was one tonight. It was just my social atmosphere. All of my comedy was kidding. It was really no, it was it was wild. It was really fun working. I'll say that Robin Feede sort of got a kick out of Megan making weird out cry, which there you go, so I can't say actions.
Speaker 4: You can say a name made him cry about how did I don't.
Speaker 1: Know maybe he had to draw sixteen the game each take like talking to them, that was me that that was no. Each table has various house wolves at my table, saxish, you do the whole thing? Did you allow staxy?
Speaker 6: No flex cards?
Speaker 1: It was didn't give nothing regular, We didn't have Can I just go like this the first game? Do you go?
Speaker 6: You go?
Speaker 1: You goes? I'm out?
Speaker 4: And we were like what He's like, this, this goes this.
Speaker 5: We were like it was so funny.
Speaker 4: He was like, this is what it was. I was like, what just happened? Listen?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 4: First off, I never want to play again with that many people.
Speaker 1: It was enjoy ten. I gott down to six. I want six people tables get it's two.
Speaker 4: So anyway, so we're sitting there, it was it was all of us.
Speaker 3: Brittany shout out to Wheezy or girl Weezy from Horbard Decisions podcast. She was there, uh her homegirl that was next to her pr I cannot remember her name.
Speaker 1: She was funny too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jersey Rid That's what I called it. She was some Jersey Jersey Rid.
Speaker 1: She's like a card.
Speaker 3: Shark like she was serious by so shot at them and we had an amazing time.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so like you said, everybody got different.
Speaker 6: The ghan gonna feel some that was.
Speaker 1: What the game is.
Speaker 6: Shaan said he got invited because he don't ever he.
Speaker 5: Monitored me the whole night I was. I felt like he was always off the president. Anything I was doing was right next to.
Speaker 1: Speaking.
Speaker 4: So he comes, it's the mister missus g and like we're all the great time.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we're trying to find Uno cards and we're like, where's the Uno.
Speaker 4: We old so we're like, all right, we're the old school.
Speaker 1: They had every.
Speaker 3: Bar bar So so finally we settled on Barbie Uno, which was also because again we old niggas.
Speaker 1: We we had to.
Speaker 3: Realize that the colors were different because Barbie Uno, so like what he is this pink blue and like yellow, but the wild cards are still black. All right, cool? So Jake cousin, Jake, I deal with a fake faithful dealer. He deals with cards, you know what I'm saying. So then people start talking house rules and like Buzy Jersey with everybody, alright, this we gonna stack put.
Speaker 6: Down because there's too many of us. We got to be able to.
Speaker 4: Stack, right.
Speaker 3: And I was like Okay, cool, let me understand the rules of the stacking, because for me, when I play, no, you never stacked.
Speaker 4: We just put down one fucking card and keep it moving.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean you are old school. Yeah, I'm listen. So I'm like, okay, so we stacked. Okay, cool, let me make sure I understand this.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: The whole part of this is like listen, I'm listening to y'all rules. I get my cards and I'm looking at this and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Bruh, like one or two cars.
Speaker 3: All of my cards were pink. All of my cars were the same colors. So I'm looking at him like all right, based on y'all.
Speaker 4: Table went around one time and I was like, okay, am I doing this right? Best in your rules? Boom, He like everybody to.
Speaker 6: Pink two, three, four, five, gotta pink everything.
Speaker 4: Everybody got to flip the table, shout the dawn, shout the don She was there with it. She was tall, You're fucking crazy whatever. I'm like, listen, I'm going by your rule. So long story short, and we play the game and it comes back to me.
Speaker 3: We go around and come back to me, and I'm like, okay, am I doing this right to make sure no out and I fucking won.
Speaker 4: And so then at the end, you know, they were trying.
Speaker 3: To talk, oh you you you tried to cheat it first I said no, no, no, I didn't cheat. I was trying to say, you nigga some time because I told you motherfuckers, who was gonna win? When I stepped in, this brother playing with me, you know what I mean. Like it was, I got five pink cars, Nigga is over, okay, so I wanted and then we played get Humanity. Shout my man Andre Andre power so lect Yes, he wanted that one. Yeah, he was great, you know.
Speaker 1: And JJ Abrams read all the cards. That was another funny him. There this whole bit that shi it was great. It was great.
Speaker 6: But then the story of the Nights that you all are waiting for is the story of William Sherman and a certain young lady. We are not going to say the name, but we are going to talk about William Sherman. I didn't even know who this back and forth with a certain beautiful.
Speaker 4: Person, and that's why it worked. That's the best.
Speaker 1: So they I didn't tell him no, no hold on. So we had a whole I had a whole bit with this person. I didn't know who this person was. She walks away.
Speaker 4: I said to Brittany, who is that?
Speaker 5: And she goes, You're kidding and I go no, and then she told me who it was and then I fell over on the floor, and then and then can I and then I and then this person went over here to another table and told me that I had to go with her and then it was her, me and Babyface, which is like the perfect trio, the Three Musketeers, and I just didn't know what to do. So I went, which is what I do when I panic. I went, I have the music record of Sessame Street. Like literally, I yelled at the baby Face's face and he goes, no way, like super come, and I go yeah. And then I was talking to baby Face on such street while this other person was yelling at me for two and whatever.
Speaker 6: We can't say.
Speaker 1: So anyway, it was a hell of a night.
Speaker 5: I said, yeah, did you get the number? No, but I dropped into the d MS just to see if I could score.
Speaker 1: Didn't happen. I'm real sad about that one night.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it wasn't even an invitation full stop, but it was fucking hilarious going.
Speaker 3: Into and that we was talking on the car right back, going into the d MS of somebody that caliber like, yeah, again, that's a penny down a waterfall, dog you it's just yeah, crazy you stepping into the abyss.
Speaker 5: There's nothing like trying to tell a PG version of that story to my kids, which is what I did. I was I was like, I guess I have it, and they were like, what did you say to this person? And I said nothing, But what I'm gonna say is she looked good.
Speaker 1: But no, it was cool. Steve, you should have came. Yeah. Sorry, I didn't have a plus one. I mean I I did have a follow one.
Speaker 5: Apparently Steve only rolls with the plus one.
Speaker 1: Was in town.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 8: You can't leave you for thirty years. I don't care plus one.
Speaker 6: Try forty and you still don't. It's fine. It's good.
Speaker 1: So besides game night and interviewing a bunch of people, yeah, have we done anything else interesting in Los Angeles?
Speaker 4: I've had no time. We've been chilling and oh okay, I mean like it last night. So give you tips.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, food tips, And these are tips that I've learned over my forty four years of being a man of husk. So we was at the joint and we was at the We was at the bar at the hotel last night and we got some We got like a salad the hotel were at. They make like this artist and salad with like this vinaigrette is great, and the way they played.
Speaker 4: It is like it's really dope. But anyway, so we was gonna get some wings and he was like, all right, which ones we gonna get? Which ones were gonna get? You know what I'm saying, I think the lemon pepper might be good.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I don't trust lemon pepper in Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: I said, what I trust is the.
Speaker 3: Louisiana driver rup because a whole lot of niggas from.
Speaker 4: Louisiana migrated to California. So I trust that, you know.
Speaker 7: What I mean?
Speaker 1: It feels like very good reason.
Speaker 6: Actually it's very genius in the way.
Speaker 1: I was like, we want to be disappointed when the story ends.
Speaker 4: No man brought out the limit peppers. Man them holes was fine.
Speaker 6: Not the limon peppers up.
Speaker 4: They were amazing.
Speaker 3: They smoked it, and so what the tip of what I always kind of use when I go to places I eat kind of what whatever the black people cook in there was native That's that's what I lean towards.
Speaker 4: So like we went to San.
Speaker 3: Diego, like we we went to we did a lb running Santa. This is like in March, and like we went to this restaurant and I'm like, all right, I'm gonna order a bunch of seafood. Everybody else in the crew they was ordering ship like shrimping grits and steak and all this, and so they got their plates and it was just all sour face and ship.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, you know what I'm saying, my fishment.
Speaker 6: That because the ocean right there, dumb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you live by the water, I trust you, the cook ship that come out the water, stay the funk away from shrimping grits.
Speaker 4: You're in fucking San Diego from Robinson County, y'all. Don't through shrimping grits.
Speaker 1: Is what the fuck?
Speaker 6: We doe got me.
Speaker 4: So, you know, so I just you kind of learned. So that's the tip. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I found a hole in the wall. Korean barbecue spot stays that stays open until here. Yeah, this would be.
Speaker 6: The right place to be for Korean food. What I'm saying exactly, this is good Ethiopian food. You go to Little Ethiopia. We got places, but yeah, don't try to order.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: Nothing with crab in California's crazy. It's gonna start with a k Yeah.
Speaker 3: Louisan Driver was hard though, and then we had like it was like an amaretto, homie.
Speaker 6: We had your classic mere amaretto.
Speaker 4: Remember drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was I've had in a second.
Speaker 6: That was a mere first drink when he first started drinking alcohol. Yeah, that's good on thirty two years old.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I got my license at thirty four.
Speaker 6: I wasn't gonna tell it was just half your business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dance sung dance, sung sigh And yeah. It looks like the men's bathroom and every this is the cb Yeah, like we shigned. It is spicy, and the interior feels like CBGB's bathroom like this, well without the smell. I was like graffiti everywhere. It's very whole in the wall ish. But the food they're they're Korean fried chicken wings of course, which and I gotta say, man like in the War of all right, already, No, do you remember the first Yeah, I got to say, like, oh, out of Korean fried chicken, Green fried chicken.
Speaker 4: But we all have.
Speaker 6: Learned now that black people talk them about the fried chicken and.
Speaker 4: People I'm saying, like, y'all doing this, they are doing really good.
Speaker 6: They remixed that nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but that's gonna be my new l a spot.
Speaker 6: In Koreatown, in Koreatown over until four or five miles.
Speaker 4: My theory again, it holds up again.
Speaker 1: So yes, all right, so if we covered everything kids, I feel good. We covered intimacy and muppets. I mean, yeah, what's your porn herbs and aristocrats? And should I go in d MS or not? Humpy McGee over here, ready to go.
Speaker 6: All y'all gonna be drying night.
Speaker 1: The first thing gonna do what I get home is to put hump into the pornhubs. See what didn't we want to see her? Yet? We think on the zoom whatever it.
Speaker 3: Didn't we want to see when we was on, when we was on, like it was, we talked about this up night when you sent something, you sent us a screenshot something and I can't remember it was your shirt and we saw your port hub search and it was just.
Speaker 1: Like Kanye on the phone with the thing what was but it.
Speaker 6: Was something I'm a b person, so I'm not okay, I'm not embarrassed. I'm a yahoul.
Speaker 1: I want to say that once, like in the early days of Instagram, what I said screen shot and so I mean it was showing uh, showing.
Speaker 4: A game question Sean.
Speaker 1: I forget what his post name was. Back Oh damn it, damn right. He wants like, hey, uh, in case you might want to redo that photo again because we can see your your windows, like you know you leave windows.
Speaker 6: I was like, I know y'all should be pray see, I should be.
Speaker 3: No time.
Speaker 6: I don't only want to put my search in out there. You know what I'm saying. The rest nobody say nothing.
Speaker 3: You put it out, but you did it like accidentally when you send us the screenshot.
Speaker 6: It was like, not just mean a conversation today, like I said it again and nobody is sitting.
Speaker 1: Gonna tell you something. You know, really I'm gonna tell you. I don't want to know what steve my relationship. It's almost like the rap game, like I have hip hop that I gravitate towards. That was in the late eighties and early nineties now sort of like hip hop. It's sort of like, all right, there's an occasional Drake song, I like Kendrick's Eye. It's just now I.
Speaker 6: Can't see through these metaphors.
Speaker 1: What No, I'm just saying, like, is I think you get over.
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I'm not. It's old.
Speaker 3: It's not a thing anymore. I mean because it's everywhere like it's you know.
Speaker 1: I'm not even saying desensitized.
Speaker 6: I'm just like, I literally just want to know what y'all put in the search boxlogist, I don't.
Speaker 4: It's it's okay, fucking that don't.
Speaker 1: Work on apostrophe or are you just saying what you know? Real? Like, I'm turned to the classics.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's like Turner movie, but the New Ship is like trap music to me.
Speaker 1: And that Look, the thing is, I don't have anything. Is that because as a businessman, as a roots picnic guy, as a DJ, as a Tonight show person, I'm up on today's stuff. But I'm done. I'm done. You know, it's run its course. There's not that note. Yeah, so I won't be had for that, right? All right about take a little nurse search engine and unpaid Bill, and and and Sugar Steve and uh you know this course Loves Supreme, shout out to our illustri thank you, yeah for our crew and our sound about the Brandy and Jake and and and Brian and our family at iHeart and everyone that makes us happen. We'll see you on the next go around, of course, Love Supreme, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Hey, thank you all for listening to cust Love Spreing. This podcast is hosted by an Afro, a mouth, a rapper, an engineer, and a man with too many jobs aka A mere quest Love Thompson, Why are you a Saint Clair Fonte Coleman, Sugar, Steve Mandel and unpaid Bill Sherman. The executive producers who get paid the big bucks a mere quest Love Thompson, Sean g and Brian Calhoun asked them for money produced by the people who do all the real work Britney Benjamin, Jake Payne. And yes, why You're Saint Clair edited by another person who does the real work, Alex Conroy and those who approved the real work produced for iHeart by Noel Brown and Mike Johnson. And don't forget the man is making me sound good, right Now because up too. Audio engineering by Graham Gibson at Iheart's La Studio, Thanks Sean West.
Speaker 1: Love Supreme is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.