Speaker 1: Super quiet, nice. It is great.
Speaker 2: Earlier and he was talking about Dominic Cooney and he said how intelligent he was, And I'm just wondering whether.
Speaker 1: That's something that you notice on the field when you're when you're lining up next. Yeah, I think what Dom does great coming in as a rookie already is he understands the playbook one and then second of all, he communicates really well at the line of scrimmage. I think, you know, some of the rookies that come in, you know, they're quiet or shy or you know, a lot of things going on and they don't communicate. They missed that part. But I think what Dom's done really well is, you know, first day, as soon as he got in there, communicated really well of where we're going, numbers and that kind of thing. So I think that's really helped. And obviously knowing what he's doing is has been a huge impact. You know, he's a strong athletic, you know guard. I think he's just taking and run with it and playing really well right now. So it's nice. Nice to have a rookie in there, you know, contributing already like that.
Speaker 2: Rookie, especially in the system that you guys run challenging and compete.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a learning curve. You know, colleges they don't run what we're running. You know, his own fast paced run getting on backers. So, you know, I think he came in and obviously you have your first few hiccups, and what he did was he learned from his mistakes. And that's the hardest thing in offensive line is just you know, when you do make a stake, it's not repeating it. So for him to come in and put you know, the mistakes he did make in the wrong game with footwork and hands, you know, he's moved along really well. And I think that's the biggest you know, attribute to his game right now is is he's putting things that he's messed up behind him and he's not made that same mistake. So you know, I think he's just learning really quickly and he's playing really well.
Speaker 2: Like not having Trent Williams in camp for almost two weeks now in terms of on and off the.
Speaker 1: Field, yeah you miss him, but you know, at the end of the day, that's that's between him and upstairs. You know, it's hard to comment on contract stuff, and you know what where he's at in his position, but obviously you know you miss him in the room in his presence, but you know, at the end of the day, Jalen's getting great work. You're seeing him get better every day. And then you know, having Nick back this this camp has been a big help for me in Jalen's well. So it's just been great having him there. So yeah, hopefully silver Back will be back, but you know that's that's his deal, and you know, we're just getting better where we're at right now.
Speaker 2: You're the need to be more vocal this year in the room, the meeting room because there are so many you know, young guys in that room this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of crazy, you know, it is your five. You know, I never thought, you know, maybe I'd be here year five, but you know, to be here, to be in that leadership role, to be vocal, I think that's something that you know, I'm kind of ready for to take control of that, you know, with with Trent now being here right now, that's kind of something that you know, hopefully me and Jake will take take control of and communicate with the younger guys and how we want the room to look and how we want the line to play and you know, reciprocating what FIRS the wants us to do. So, you know, I think it's a big role that we need to step up into. Just you know with those young guys. You know, it's it's crazy to me and trender now you know, the oldest tenure guys in the room. We signed the same day during COVID saw him at the hotel. So to have that length here is you know, that role is just waiting to be taken. I think, you know, employees and a great spot to do that this morning. And if you ask him a question, he'll give you a five minute answer. Is he the same way as a coach? Like what's unique about him as a coach? I think I'd die for him, you know first, or you know, we all respect him the heck out of him, the just the the career he's had in the NFL and the way he coaches us. It's hard, you know, he's on us all the time. But the one thing he does is he makes it easy to understand. I think the one one thing a lot of coaches they can communicate to a room, but they can't communicate to individuals. I think that's what he does really well, is you know, if some guys struggling to get it one way he's saying it, he can communicate that another way to get them to try and understand that, and then you know, to make us responsible for our jobs. I think that's the one thing that he does really well, is you know, he respects that's a lot and expects a lot out of us, and you know we kind of do the same for him. So you know, it's the NFL. You're a professional, and he expects that. So, I mean he's a really, really great coach and we love playing for him.
Speaker 2: You said, I'm sure maybe a lot guys like you know, will play ten years or whatever. Did you When did you obviously suggests maybe you didn't enter the NFL with just tons of confidence. Is when did you I don't feel comfortable and say like I belong here and I can last a long time.
Speaker 1: Heck, last year, I mean, you know I was cut and all that and everything, but you know I moved past that now. And I mean last year, he couldn't start the year any worse with with TJ. And then just you know, by the end of the year in the playoffs, you know, I was thinking I was playing some of the best ball of my career as young as it is, playing wise not length, but you know, I just look at this is another year to really, you know, take a huge step in my game in my career, and it could set me up for the future, you know, the extension this year it's been great with security and that kind of thing. But I think there's a whole other level of game that that I'm ready to leap into. And I think that's just something that, like you said, five years, who knows the NFL not for long. So you know my goals ten and you know, and beyond that, you know trnd's thirteen fourteen years in so you know that's that's the goal. Man. There's a lot, there's a lot of good ball for me to play.
Speaker 2: Really sorry, you know, I think publicly after a week one you're like, yo, you know, it happens, I'll get better, But I mean more maybe now you can tell us. I mean, were there more emotions going on there and feelings of like do I belong? Can I do this? Can I be a starter?
Speaker 1: I think it's just a big trust thing. You know, I could get pulled that kind of thing maybe is where my head was at and then the next week was in there no problem. So I think that was just the biggest thing is that trust that the front office and Kyle had me to keep going under in the season and then they're like here, dude, like this is your job, Like take it. And I think that's the biggest thing I learned was not playing you know, kind of hesitant on you know, I'm not gonna get pulled of this, like no, this is my job and now it's mine. And that's kind of the biggest mind shift that I've had towards you know, being the right tackle. Here is is there's a lot of talk about left tackle and run and how great you know Trenty is obviously he'll be the best, but there's gonna be some good football coming from the right this year. What did you think about Isaac? Yeah, I mean he's a good addition to the room, to the room man, and he's got good, strong hands. He approaches you know, the game with a lot more as they think he's a little farther ahead. He wants to learn. I think that's the biggest thing with Isaac. Man's strong hands plays you know a lot faster, So I think He's a great edition of the room. Talk to your teammates or if we talk to your UH coaches, they're all very complimentary of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's people in the media and a lot of fans who drag you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you block that out? How do you How do you do compartmental? Oh? I think last year, I think it I let it get to my get to my head a little bit. You know, it's hard to hear bad, bad things talk about you and how people you know, rag right, But I think at the end of the day, like you know, I'm the one coming to work every day and the one going out there every day to play on Sundays, and it's just got to be kind of my world. You know, people are gonna say things regardless, you know, that's just how it is. But you know, my play will speak for itself, you know down the road. That's kind of the big thing. So not giving people permission to say things like that to drag you, and then also you know, not letting letting yourself feed into that and see that. So I think it's just been a huge mind shift for me this offseason with my mindset and how I'm gonna approach this year and and kind of you know, I focus more on the mind this year than I have in the past, so different way of thinking and really excited for the season. A commercial with Ron Party, Yeah yeah, John Dear, I think, uh, people were you know, kind of wild, big eyed and wild. I had to see, you know, a John Deere eight R on duels sitting up in San Francisco, so I was gung ho about it. You know, maybe have more lines. Who knows th Brock, but uh, you know he's saving people from coyotes and you know, all that crazy stuff. But it was a really cool thing. You know, obviously I'd love to do it again, but it was very cool to see a John Deere sitting up in San Francisco and seeing people's faces. Oh yeah, honeon dep man, you get it was pretty funny. Actually. So the week we're leaving, we drove back from Ohio and our neighbor brought me a bag of Ladys chips and a thing on you did for our road trip. So it was great, man, commercial did it all. And you know, just small town folks, they are awesome.
Speaker 2: On the defensive end side, what have you seen from lenderployd.
Speaker 1: And Leonards just as fast as what he was in twenty one I remember playing him, so he's a great challe with speed. I think that's one thing. It's gonna be a great addition for Nicks some speed off the edge, and Beal's gotten a lot better, I think as well. And then having the Eater I think i'd say it, but I think he's a great, powerful rusher. I think that's gonna be good for us, a good addition and just you know those role guys. I think another one to watch is Alak on the inside. I think he's great on B blocks. He's been real tough for for some of our guards, and the obviously hard Gray has been there. But I think if we had some great additions on a D line this year after losing Eric, so you know, you lose one, but I think we gained a couple four or five really good players that are they're going to help this team. So a road trip, Oh, Jake Brendle, we'd be arguing the whole time. Thanks guys,