Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily, where we definitely believe in the fired coach principle. I'm Greg Rosenthal in the Chris Wesley Podcast.
Speaker 2: Alongside my friend and free of the fired coach principal.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we'll get to that in just a minute. I know where you're going with you. You know where I'm going to obviously, But the dead coach bounce, it's coming up in this show. But very happy to be next to my friend Cynthia and happy for once to be recapping our records on this man versus model segment that we do. Look at us each and every week. I finally had an undefeated week. It was coming, it was slowly coming. So I had a three and zero week last week, fourteen and thirteen, you know, just over five hundred rounds. Cynthia keeps stacking up those two and one weeks, a lot of winning weeks lately. So between the two of us five and one last week, we're failing good.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: We're gonna try to build on that. Yeah, we are three games against the spread. That's what we do each week. We joined forces last week, yep, fading the Cowboys. That was smart of us. We both hit that, so that was a good job. So we could agree on one of these pics. But I'm gonna let you take the first one.
Speaker 3: Let's do it again. I'm fading the Cowboys again.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so am I I have the Eagles covering these seven and a half point spread.
Speaker 3: I think that is a ridiculously low number.
Speaker 4: Are you higher one? Now?
Speaker 1: No, that's one of mine too. I saw it was at seven when I looked this morning. But yes, go go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so whatever, seven, seven, seven and a half. I'm fading to.
Speaker 2: Either way because that is actually the same thing, right, seven and whatever. So, long story short, I'm just saying the Eagles here are in much better position to take advantage of a reeling Cowboys team. I think a lot of changes are coming their way, even though at the trade deadline they were buyers and nuts sellers.
Speaker 3: I love your face with that. I was kind of hoping to see what you would say.
Speaker 2: But long story short, I'm not I can't eight points.
Speaker 1: No, we're joining forces again because this was the one I felt best about. So once again we're going against the Cowboys. I think it's gonna come in handy. Just give it to me. Inject this one into my veins this game. So it's one thing, just like looking at the football of it all, I think, just the football out of it all, taking Dak Prescott out of the mix. But even if he was in the mix, if this was four or five with Dak Prescott, I would love to do it.
Speaker 4: Just how these two teams are playing.
Speaker 1: Eagles as a top ten type of team in total efficiency, Cowboys as a bottom six or seven type of team in total efficiency. The two line plays like the offensive line of the Eagles versus this Cowboys D line, even if Mike's back, total domination, and then vice versa. The Eagles defense has been playing a lot better lately.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you an unanswerable question, why isn't a tree Lance?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think it will be in a couple of weeks because Cooper Rush is better at playing quarterback at the NFL.
Speaker 2: He's a ok Okay, let's just we're getting off track here. But I want to understand this a little bit. I'm I'm, I'm Mike McCarthy. I have Dak is out, he's hurt. Yeah, so I have a chance here to get a free look at who's on my roster.
Speaker 3: I already know what Cooper Rush is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's he's just worrying about saving his job, the little chance that he has Cynthia staring at the camera like she's jimm from the office.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he just thinks the best chance.
Speaker 3: Yes, On Krasinski, that is my new alter ego.
Speaker 1: The best chance, I think would be winning games that you're not expected to win, and he thinks Cooper Rush gives him a better chance.
Speaker 4: To do that.
Speaker 1: Although you could also argue the only chance you would ever have is do something creative with Trey Lance and make Trey Lance look good. But what are the Mike McCarthy could do any of that?
Speaker 2: So wouldn't you say, like, Okay, I'm Mike McCarthy, Let's make Trey Lance look awesome. So then I have this great trade bait for later and see, ha ha, look what I've done.
Speaker 3: I've created value for you, Like I don't know, just maybe.
Speaker 1: Somebody You're absolutely right there, Maybe somebody somewhere can The process with the Cowboys is all wrong. It's why getting Jonathan Mingo is all wrong. It's not about oh wow, this is a cost controlled contract. That's why it costs out there, Hopkins It's like, Okay, but you got to take into a county's cheap for three more years. Yeah, but you got to take into a county. Can't play that, He that he can't get open that the tape is brutal, and teams always overvalue their college evaluation of a player when the NFL tape is so much more important.
Speaker 3: Why would I want to admit I'm wrong about anything?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean, why would I ever want to say, hey, maybe I got this one wrong.
Speaker 4: Well, come back to us.
Speaker 1: If both Cynthia and I get this wrong, then we deserve Yeah, we deserved to observe.
Speaker 4: We're feeling good.
Speaker 1: We're now want to know when joining forces at least in the last one week.
Speaker 3: I think it's a Grinthia.
Speaker 1: I think we I think we did join forces earlier in the season. And yeah, like this is where you need a coach to get creative offensively.
Speaker 4: Mike McCarthy is not that guy. This isn't a game.
Speaker 1: I don't think the Eagles will play for with their food at all because it's the Cowboys. It's their rivals, that's right. Hurts has been very composed lately. A lot of big plays They've had dominant stretches. I know they messed up at the end of that Jaguars game, but from the second half of that Bengals game through the first half of that Jaguars game, they were steamrolling team.
Speaker 4: Sorry, we're both on the Eagles. Give me your second pick?
Speaker 3: Well you're do you want to You're.
Speaker 4: That was my pick though, too, So we're well, each have.
Speaker 2: One golf rules. You should have actually started this off. It's fine, whatever, Minnesota and the points please.
Speaker 4: Okay, So now that we're taking food.
Speaker 2: From a baby, I want to keep our good record going. At the moment we're taping this, we do not think that Trevor.
Speaker 1: Lawrence is playing. No, there's no reason too, right, So it's a touchdown. Now, it's up to a touchdown? Fine, yeah, you're good with it. Fine, give me a touchdown?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: I mean, is Aaron Jones playing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay? Is Justin Jefferson? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm not scared by anything that could be happening.
Speaker 3: There is a CJ. Bethard, who is it?
Speaker 1: It's got to be mac Jones, right, But then you would think although they haven't announced it, and then CJ.
Speaker 4: Bethor and he.
Speaker 2: Said at the tree deals, like we wanted to get him back on this roster to be the backup. Like I don't know what all I'm saying is, I'm not scared of Mac Jones.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be either. I like that one. I should have written that in my box. Maybe I will. I'll join you to m fake Midwestern Axtho Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Minnesota there.
Speaker 3: Even better than I thought it was gonna be.
Speaker 1: It's funny because they've they had such bad vibes I do. I hate talking about vibes when we're talking check this and everything, but it's one of the reasons why I feel so good about the Cowboys, that the vibes of their starting quarterback saying we effen Tuck and Mike McCarthy's slamming down and them just making mind boggling decisions in terms of their play calling with the fake punts and everything, like, the vibes are down horrendous.
Speaker 4: I give Doug Peterson a little credit.
Speaker 3: Vibes are low. Vibes are low.
Speaker 1: Steve Wish and I were there as they were getting steamrolled in London, and that team seems so disconnected and they've actually played pretty hard since then, like even in last week's game. They could have laid down when they were down big against the Eagles, and they battled back a little.
Speaker 4: So they've got some players.
Speaker 1: I think they'll try, but that's not gonna be enough when you have Mac Jones behind a bad offensive line against Brian Flores's defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I just don't think that there's anything I'm not scared of this offense. I was on Minnesota side. It was only four points when it was Trevor Lawrence. But I was on Minnesota side for more than four points when it was Trevor Lawrence. So why would I not think that with a change of quarterback, that's seven would be very achievable.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that. That was not one of the ones I wrote down. I'm still debating on my third pick. I'll see if you take it. But my second pick is something more powerful than x as and O's. It's it's believing in something more than just what's on the field and the players.
Speaker 4: It's believing in a higher power.
Speaker 3: You gotta know Patrick Love's momentum.
Speaker 1: No, it is the fired coach principle. It's the fired coach bounce. If ever there was a fired coach bounce. It is Dennis Allen because based on the report's out there and piecing a few things together, I believe that the players essentially fired Dennis Allen. That literally there was, you know, a connection. The reports have come out that was essentially ownership. The GM the front office didn't disagree, but there was conversations between ownership and a lot of the players. I mean, these players helped to get rid of this coach. Whether indirectly or directly. I think it was directly. They're going to be playing their hearts at now. Normally I would say this is such a great spot for the Saints because of that. No matter what, then you throw in the Falcons factor. This is a rivalry, great game. You throw out the records in the rivalry game. Every Saints Falcons game comes down to an insane play that you can't believe happened at the very end, unless it's Jameis Winston calling a touchdown on the goal line for Jamal Williams. That was actually a blowout, but that wasn't insane play at the end. So the number here is four. Saints are plus four. They don't have to win the game. I'm going to pick them straight up on our show game debut just to spicy. I don't feel as good about that as I do about getting plus four. But they did have some good players come back to Cynthia. Caesar Ruiz return last week. I hope Lucas Patrick is back for this game. He was in and out last week. Taysom Hill was back, and I do think it'll be their defense plane. And I do think the division familiarity and the rivalry game and the higher power that is the fired coach principle that they cover this for.
Speaker 2: I mean, my only problem with that is the Marshawn Lattimore not being their piece along with.
Speaker 4: He's hardly anyways get it.
Speaker 2: But it does take a difference, make a difference. It takes a lot away from them. And also they just haven't been tackling on defense. I still have not seen them be really stout with their tackling. I don't think that was a hey, hey, guys, let's band together to get Tennis oll And fired by not tackling these guys. So I don't know, I'm with you in the in the fired coach principle. The math is different. However, I get it. It's not one of mine that I feel really strong, but.
Speaker 1: Tackling might be an effort thing, a little bit of a like, let's be totally focused on the details. We've got some really prideful veterans, Tyron Matthew, cam Jordan, Yeah, Carl Granderson send me out instagrams like saying, this is me walking into work this morning and he's singing and dancing like the how bad it.
Speaker 3: Was, Dennis Allen.
Speaker 2: If they're doing this stuff, I don't know, but these are grown ass men.
Speaker 3: Sorry, these are grown but men.
Speaker 2: It's Sarah F're they're not like young ones, see Like I mean, they're young, but they're not like the new guys on the team.
Speaker 4: This is their super Bowl.
Speaker 1: If I was going to pick the Saints to win one game the rest of the season, this is that.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, but I'm just very confused about I don't know. It just seems like a lot of effort to like, you know what's funny, I've actually the maybe I'm not influenced enough, but I have not used social media at all this week, like not even a little bit.
Speaker 4: So I haven't seen our mental health move.
Speaker 2: Listen, I gotta protect the mentals, you know, So I haven't seen like any of the players stuff. So I'm only hearing it secondhand, which is actually maybe I need to come get all of my kneeds.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: You can't put that into the model. The model needs to be on emotional.
Speaker 2: But if I like to see you know, I've literally only been reading like press conference recaps that we get in our email, like that's that is where I have been this week.
Speaker 3: I've nama stayed it smart.
Speaker 4: I think that was a healthy.
Speaker 3: And sometimes sometimes I make good decision.
Speaker 4: Productive move. You make great decisions.
Speaker 1: Just look at your fiance, all right, let's look at your dogs, all right.
Speaker 4: Your third and final.
Speaker 3: Pick, My third and final pick. You know, I I.
Speaker 2: Think I was going to do one that was a little less spicy, but I'm you know what, I'm feeling quite spiceful right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm going to take Denver and eight points.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was That's one of the two I'm as my next pick. Really, I think I'm that now I'm going to go off of you.
Speaker 3: You should go off of it, then we can get more.
Speaker 4: That was where I was leaning for most of the week. I love it. You explain why you love it.
Speaker 2: I think Enver last week they got routed, we get it, but they were doing some weird stuff. They were doing run blitzes, not their usual pass blitz I don't think they win, but I think eight is too much of a difference. I think it's more like five or four even something like that. We haven't seen anything from this Chiefs team, who's undefeated and maybe looking ahead to next week for Buffalo. This is the classic trap trap game situation, you know. So I just don't think. While I believe that the Chiefs probably win, I don't. And they have not been winning the easy way at all this season. They do not like to take the easy way out. They do not like to make their fans not have a heart attack. They're winning close games. Their defense is really good, but so too are the Broncos on defense. Their defense is way better than it looked against the Ravens. That was a weird outlier of a game. Remember last year we saw like a sixty pointer, you know, against sixty burger with a freakin Dolphins, and that was not.
Speaker 3: Indicative of who they were.
Speaker 2: So and if you extracted all the Derrick Henry data from what they've done this season overall, even without Baron Browning, I'm not worried about their ability to get some pressure.
Speaker 4: I'm so with you on this one.
Speaker 1: Last year, these two teams faced off against these other twice in three weeks. The Vance Joseph led Broncos held Patrick Mahomes to fourteen points a game. Now that was early when the Chiefs were struggling. No, they never totally got over but I do think that matters when it's the same coaching staff. The Broncos beat them actually in one of those games, twenty four to nine, so they split last year. They weren't giving up points. This is a better Broncos defense. They're on a short week. Kansas City is they played eighty three plays on offense last week, and that's always on my raider radar when there's a huge play total and everyone always focuses on the defense. For instance, you know you can look at the Bucks. Defense is gonna be tired and all the defense gonna be tired. They played eighty three plays. Well, offenses can't get tired. I mean eighty three perls.
Speaker 2: Defenses don't get tired. Don't you know that they only defensive players get tired.
Speaker 4: So short week we had eighty three plays.
Speaker 1: It's division matchup, which I think I'll always stress know the record out. No, I don't throw it out, but I think it shrinks the margins a little bit some history.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I think the Broncos are a good enough team that they bounced back. That was gonna be my third pick.
Speaker 3: But I think you should go off of it because then we I.
Speaker 4: Will We're not gonna talk to you long.
Speaker 1: That'll be in box the Broncos plus eight because I did agree that was probably going to be my third pick. But now I don't feel as comfortable here because I'm it's not a Homer pick but the Bear the Bears are so bad offensively that I'm taking the Patriots and the points.
Speaker 2: Can I say something it's a little off topic here, please, Can Bears fans keep their grubby bear pause off of my offensive coordinator until least the end of the season.
Speaker 3: Please. I want Ben Johnson.
Speaker 2: To get a look at a head coach if that's what he wants, but not till the end of the season. Bears fan, get out of my mentions about that. I get keep your grubby bear pause off a hit.
Speaker 1: I would want him totally out of the division in general. If I'm been johning out of my grubby bear. I don't want to be in the NFC North going up against Lafleur and O'Connell and Dan Campbell like that's.
Speaker 2: But bear, I know Bears fans want it, and I'm taking it as a big compliment.
Speaker 3: But not yet, not yet.
Speaker 4: Everyone everyone Benjo, Saints fans will want him.
Speaker 3: He's not going to the Saints.
Speaker 4: He's not.
Speaker 3: He's not stupid, is Yeah. It's gonna be tough a Trochi. They have like thirty nine million for Marshall Lattimore.
Speaker 1: Man, So this one's tough because I hate It's gonna pain me even more if the Patriots don't cover this six because you know I root for them. But the Bears are so bad offensively right now. They're they're lost, and you can look at what they did with those couple games against bad defenses. The Patriots are a bad defense. That tape they put out there last week against the Cardinals was embarrassing. The effort from some of the receivers hasn't been great, like they're they're not on their details. The offensive line's bad. Caleb looks a little shook it, I would say, because things aren't happening in front of them how they're supposed to happen. Drake May to me, looks more comfortable if we're looking between the two rookie quarterbacks. And so they just are a team that has so many problems that I love to just take points against a team with that many problems. I know defens will either better. I would still pick them to win, but six points is too much for me. I'm taking the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: The things that I feel strongly about in this game are Ramandri Stevenson still being worth a fantasy play, same with him potentially getting in the end zone because Andrew Billings is not playing, that's their.
Speaker 3: Big defensive tackle. That's a big, huge, massive deal.
Speaker 2: And also if Montes Sweat doesn't play, it will change how I feel about how close this game is. I still think the Bears win because of their defense. They do maybe get some of that secondary back that they've been missing.
Speaker 3: That's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Plus, I do think, like I do believe that they're going to get some of these heavier personnel formations down, like maybe use twelve once in a while, maybe throw you know, an extra alignment out there to help your guy know what's going on. It hasn't looked pretty on deep passes, and a lot of that is because Caleb Williams has been running for his life, so.
Speaker 3: Help help him out. Help a rookie out right.
Speaker 1: He just it's like their their ePaper play numbers. It's it's everything. I think he's part of it. I think he's holding onto the ball too long sometimes and no, no one's comfortable. So it's the coaching and it's not working on what's happening with with Caleb, And yeah, maybe I'll be wrong. It is not always the best thing to go off of vibes, but the vibes there are so horrendous and sometimes vibes like like the Saints last week with the Panthers, I don't know how they lost that game, but somehow the power of the vibes were so strong that they found a way to lose that. And what's happening, like Matt Eberflus is holding that play sheet so tight right now. The players seem so unhappy. They're asking DJ Moore if like he should be you know, if he's lost the locker room. He's like, I I'd like to say, no, I mean that that is all concerning I think, I just think this game could be tight. It wouldn't shock me if the Bears lose this game outright, just because of all the negativity. So I will take the six points. That'll be my third two recap.
Speaker 2: But wait, don't you want the kind of want the Patriots maybe not to win this because right now they're sitting pretty pick number one.
Speaker 4: That's true, it's a long way to go.
Speaker 1: They'll probably win, you know, one game at some point the rest of the season.
Speaker 4: Maybe, Yeah, But like it would be nice.
Speaker 3: Don't give it to the Panthers.
Speaker 4: It would be nice.
Speaker 3: Steal it for yourself.
Speaker 4: You got a long way to go here.
Speaker 3: You already have a quarterback. That'd be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you have the first pick, and maybe you can trade down, pick up a ton of picks.
Speaker 3: To consider.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you took the Eagles. I took the Eagles were aligned there, Crinthia, we're at minus seven according.
Speaker 3: To take it at minus seven, the.
Speaker 1: Vikings you're taking at minus seven, and then we both like the Broncos. Officially, you will be the only one with the Broncos plus eight my three picks where the Eagles were together, and then the Pats plus six and the Saints plus four. Now, this is a week where I had a lot in the box because I'm coming off of three in a week. You end up feeling more confident and suddenly everything looks big. It's like it's like when you're hitting threes.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, this is fine, looks.
Speaker 1: A little bigger. So I like the Rams minus one on Monday Night. I just think I think they're a better team than the Dolphins. I know you're on the other side of that.
Speaker 3: I'm on the exact other side of it.
Speaker 4: Don't care.
Speaker 1: Rams probably getting two offensive linemen back for this game, which is a really big deal.
Speaker 4: We'll see, but they're practicing.
Speaker 1: It sounds pretty optimistic that they get They could get Steve Avula and Jonah Jackson back.
Speaker 4: I think they're better.
Speaker 1: I just think the Dolphins are a team defensively that are finding ways to lose. So it'll probably be a close game, but I like the Rams to win. And then going over to Berlin, I like the Panthers plus six and a half. You're gonna give me six and a half points as a Giants team, and Bryce Young has been playing better lately. I think he's played better the last couple of weeks. I think that ends up being a close game and the Panthers cover the six and a half, and then you threw the Vikings in. So that's gonna be in my box too.
Speaker 3: You know what's hilarious.
Speaker 2: I actually think Daniel Jones throws for over one and a half touchdowns. Okay, that game, sure, I could see that being out set four games where he's done it more of an entertaining game than people would under than expect because Theo Johnson Molik neighbors, the Giants defense finds a way to mess things up. Bryce Ank's playing a little better, and it's something like twenty six to twenty two, and they cover that twenty six to twenty three.
Speaker 3: I just think Daniel Jones two touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Okay, Cynthia's going strong on the two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: I know it's random.
Speaker 1: That is it for our picks Man versus Model Week number ten. We're on a roll. We're both over five hundred. Let's keep this winning streak going. It has been a great week here on NFL Daily. We said goodbye to our good friend Randy Chavez, so we we wish him all the best.
Speaker 4: In the future endeavors.
Speaker 1: We will be back on Sunday with the Recapito, Nick Shook, Patrick Claybond. Momentum, Yes, and all the momentum you can handle. Look when I'm picking a Bears team to start imploding, you know football is back.
Speaker 2: See you the