Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan Part one behind a scene with a member of the show. What's up friends, Happy weekend? It is Best Bits time. I am joined this weekend by Abby. Abby, how are you feeling?
Speaker 2: I'm good? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? It's the weekend and after this weekend, all my weddings are officially over. Oh my god. Really good. This is a big deal. This is a big deal. They take so much out of you, they really do. And we'll get into that, but first I do want to talk about part two. If you're catching up on the Bobby Bone Show, the bits you can expect this week, Keith Urban stops by the show Bobby Detail going to his basketball camp. We did some rejected segments. Lunchbox had to serve his punishment. Also, speaking of Lunchbox, he thinks work disrespected him, not related to this incident of him not following the rules. Basically life skills we don't have, and celebrities that we no longer really feel great about after things we've seen in the news. So that's on part two. If you're checking out the Bobby Bone Showing catching up on everything. But for now I'm chatting with Abby and we're catching up on life abby. How is mister Cheesehead.
Speaker 2: It's going well? Yeah, yes, how's I How are things good? They're progressing a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, any like big things happening? You're smiling.
Speaker 2: I mean we've talked about me like moving in with him, so that's a big deal because I haven't lived with the guy, so.
Speaker 1: This would be the first time it would. Does it freak you out talking about that? It does.
Speaker 2: It's just a lot to it, you know, especially because I own my own home and so and he does too, so it's a whole.
Speaker 1: But I would move in with him, so well, it's just weird.
Speaker 2: It's weird because I'm used to being like in the comfort of my own home and having everything the way I want it, and so like, oh no, it's a lot. But it's going really well.
Speaker 1: Okay, are we like in the belief that Cheesehead could be the one?
Speaker 2: I just every time I heard cheese I don't know why it's funny to me.
Speaker 1: I guess it's a quandom by his name, because the only reason technically have nicknames is until you show them. I know you Have you ever said his name?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I haven't, Okay, then we'll keep calling him cheese head.
Speaker 2: I like cheese said, okay, because he does wear his cheesehead on game days, which is really funny. That's probably why I'm laughing, But I think, yeah, he could be Okay. It scares me and talk about we've said this before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like I don't know, prepared for the other shoot to drop. Always yeah, always.
Speaker 2: I told you I was like, when I'm ten, like ten years into marriage, then I'll be like, yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: Is this finally happening yet? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, it's good.
Speaker 1: So are you? Are you happily in love? Yeah? I am good. I mean I imagine so I probably should ask that question before the movie. It's either one. But I I think we've talked about that too. I think you've shared that. You guys obviously have said you loved each other and stuff too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is the first time I've said it to him too. I don't even know if I said that to you. Did we talk about that?
Speaker 1: I can't remember. If we don't know, it's hard to figure out what we've talked about off microphone or song. Yeah, So that's why I'm like, I'm not sure if we shared that information.
Speaker 2: I know that's true, but yeah, I say it, and I used to be very uncomfortable saying it. I don't know why. It's just always been a thing for me. It's just something I don't just throw out there. And if I do say I love you, I'm like, love you, but I'm going to show your first yea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So now what do you say it to him? Is it I love you? Yeah? It is.
Speaker 2: But it's really weird because if he says it to me first, sometimes I'm like you too, and he's like abby, you know.
Speaker 1: Like say it back. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's Yeah, it's just a lot of things that are out of my comfort zone, but like they're.
Speaker 1: Good and he's making you feel safe in doing those. So yes, that's a good thing. Yeah, it's good. You're all smiles. Oh okay, Well, I'm really happy for you. I'm glad it's going so well.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: What you were sharing something else with me? You were talking about she said, there's something I was yeah, Oh uh, you got him a cool gift. Why did you get him like such a cool gift? What happened? I don't know.
Speaker 2: He like, he just gave me the best birthday ever, and he's just so great.
Speaker 1: Then tell me about the birthday first.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so he I don't share too much because there's there's some person are like private hey in box things I haven't talked about yet. But like, it took me to a really nice dinner. I just said, all I want is a nice dinner, like a steak dinner, because I never go in a steak and so he took me to a nice restaurant. They put Happy Birthday Abbey on the menu, like I didn't even know places did that, Like it was crazy. And then they put us in a booth. They give you like a champagne toast, and then they bring out dessert and it says happy Birthday like on the plate and there's like a little cake and a sparkler candle type thing.
Speaker 1: So it was just really sweet. Yeah. What was the restaurant? Can you say? Oh, it's called Harper's. Okay, I've heard of this place.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's kind of downtown by the amphitheater, y kind of social. Oh my gosh, I didn't even know it was there, honestly, but it is so good.
Speaker 1: Well and clearly they'd like to take care of their guests, so this is great.
Speaker 2: It's very pricey, Like it was very expensive and you felt very loved. Yeah, it was really good because usually I don't really do much on my birthday, you know, I go like with friends or something. But I also don't like it's weird. I don't like asking people to celebrate me. It's very weird, you know. I just feel weird being like, hey, come celebrate me. I don't know, it's probably not normal, but so I don't really do anything or like try to inconvenience people.
Speaker 1: I think it's more normal than you think. I think a lot depending on things we've experienced in our lives, there could be stuff associated with birthdays that people are like, I you know, it's you'd rather not celebrate than to be disappointed, or you'd rather not ask because you don't like asking for help. There could be so many number of reasons, right, Yeah, but you obviously asked him like this is what you wanted, and he showed up, showed out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he knows, like my last boyfriend forgot my birthday, so so he.
Speaker 1: Knows how blow up right now, Abbey truly great glow up?
Speaker 2: I know I really love anyway, So he knew, like how much that hurt, and so I think he really tried to show you know that he does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm like, wow, someone does who he does?
Speaker 2: So anyway, there is a Titans game. They're playing the Packers, and tickets are pretty expensive, but I actually found some that are not too much, and so I'm gonna surprise him with him.
Speaker 1: Oh so you haven't given to him? I have not No, when does When is the game? When does he find out?
Speaker 2: Well, it's Sunday, So I'm gonna tell him. I think like this weekend. I don't know when, at what point And this is already airing on Saturday, so at this point I probably have already told him. So I already told him Friday, we're gonna go with her.
Speaker 1: That's okay, Okay, that's exciting. Is he getting to break out? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably yeah, because he already like, like, imagine we're not going because we're also going to Morgan Wallen and that's where we spent all their money on the tickets. So he was like, oh no, I don't want to ask you to like go to a game, you know, and pay that much if you don't really care.
Speaker 1: And I'm like I want to go, So whoa uh yeah, heck, yeah, you got Morgan Wallen and you got a Packers game for him? Are you not a Bandwagon Packers fan? Really?
Speaker 2: I don't have anything Packers gear.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: It's gonna take a while because I like Broncos and I would wear I think I would wear tighten his gear like before, really so bad, But no, I want to because he's like I would root for your team, like if we go watch KU games Kansas basketball, like I would hope he would work KU, and he said he would, so I feel like I need to like support him.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's hard. It's a hard one speaking of k you I assume then, like, is there a possibility you might come home for Holidays this year? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I hope so yeah, Yeah, okay, if it works in our schedules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and everything pans out, yes, But I.
Speaker 2: Would like him too. I want to take him to a game.
Speaker 1: But two KU game? Would you typically go over Christmas? Don't you? Maybe every Thanksgiving too? I guess you could go both if there's one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I usually don't go home for Thanksgiving anyway, so you know how hard it is to go home.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's a quick trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but at least we have more time. But like for us, on a weekend, you leave Friday, you get there Friday night at midnight, and then you have to leave Sunday morning that evening, so it's like one full day.
Speaker 1: Well and for both of us, like this is why I can never go. It's really hard for me to go back and visit Manhattan is because it's hard to like go to Wichita visit family, and then you have to drive to and you can't like fly out of Lawrence or Manhattan. There's not like you have to drive some more to get somewhere else and fly out, whether it's Kansasdy or back to Whichshaw. So it's really hard to go and do those in like a very short weekend. Like I suppose there is like really small airports there, but like you know, I don't have that company. Get a private chat back, no worries, Yeah, yeah, okay, so yeah, exciting stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love surprises, so hopefully we'll see.
Speaker 1: You love giving them and getting them.
Speaker 2: Giving them yeah and getting them too, Okay, surprise girl. Yeah, I just love it all.
Speaker 1: Love all the surprises that your love language. You feel like gifts are part of your love language or do you think it's something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, like me, giving them is definitely my love language.
Speaker 1: Oh so your love language is gifts? What if you're receiving love language quality time and like acts of service?
Speaker 2: I would say, maybe how about any anything I know you care?
Speaker 1: That's it the more like when people ask me, I'm like all of them, like in some form of fashion, I gotta need the whole package. Yeah, it's hard to pick just one or the other. It is. I think if if I ever had to like really pick, though, I think it's acts of service. I think feeling that like you're supporting me, and that's probably goes back to some deep rooted trauma or something in my relationships of like needing to feel like supported and whatever. I think acts of service is there. But yeah, all of them. I really do need all of them, right, complex human being, you make me choose one?
Speaker 2: I know at different times it just depends on the situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But also I don't know if you feel this way too, Like I also give all five two. I don't just want to receive them. I also like give them all. Maybe we're weird. Maybe everyone was like, no, we all have one. I know, Well, I'm not gonna have them all.
Speaker 2: That is always the question. It's like, what is your love language. I'm like, I think it's all, isn't it? Everybody does all?
Speaker 1: I think ideally everybody would have all. Yeah. Maybe it's that we've been forced to choose. That's true, That's really what it is. I okay, So were going to talk about O weeken plans a little bit where we're going to take a quick break here. All right, I want to talk about Morgan wall and a little bit more because you're going to his concert at in Knoxville at like his home stadium or whatever.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, And it's insane. I did not know this. Did you know that the stadium is gigantic?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Are they all not a thousand seats? Like Titan Stadium holds what sixty thousand?
Speaker 1: Wait for real? And this is a college stadium.
Speaker 2: Yes, this college stadium. So when I bought tickets, I was freaking out because I don't like asking for tickets and I never get Morgan wall On tickets. So I was like, I'll just buy them. But they were going on sale and so I was like, oh, it's going to be so hard.
Speaker 1: To get them.
Speaker 2: So I just kept buying more like I bought. We bought two pairs, and because it got better the better ones, I was like, oh, we'll just sell the other ones. We can't sell them because there's so many seats.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How many are not sold out? No, because there's like, yeah, there's one hundred and one, nine and fifteen. That is huge. I mean I'm only get a pictures of it, and it looks massive. Why do they have such what are the biggest date Okay, keep talking the biggest stadiums in the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because his show was already Sunday, but we can't go Sunday obviously because we have work Monday morning. And so when I found out they were going to go on sale for.
Speaker 1: Friday or he had a show Friday, I was like, yes, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't realize it was the biggest stadium in the world for a college games.
Speaker 1: Wild, So I didn't realize. Okay, I mean Tennessee is up there, but Michigan is actually the biggest with one hundred and seven.
Speaker 2: Are you hitting me?
Speaker 1: Penn States behind that with one hundred and six. These were all thousands, by the way, Ohio State one hundred and two, Texas A and m one hundred and two, LSU one hundred and two, and then there's Tennessee at one hundred and one, and then Alabama hundred and one, Texas one hundred, oh my god, and then we dropped to Georgia. That's like ninety two thousand. Where have I been?
Speaker 2: I like, I didn't. I guess I don't go to many of I have never been to any of those.
Speaker 1: Are they annowling out what are the biggest I really don't know a lot of sports. One of the biggest stadiums in NFL, because now I'm like, are there bigger? Wow? So is there not? Holy? I'm like in shock right now. Some of these NFL stadiums are smaller. I'm so confused.
Speaker 2: I am too, what's the deal?
Speaker 1: Like? What am I missing? Like I understand I feel, but I feel like there's more money.
Speaker 2: Yes, in NFL football is huge, Like in the SEC. When I came here, I was like, whoa, I mean, they are serious down here.
Speaker 1: And maybe there's more people investing and they had because literally the biggest ones in NFL MetLife Stadium and New York Giants Jets eighty two thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest one that's the biggest one.
Speaker 1: And then it just drops from there. So how are these Oh my gosh, this is wild. Do you think college football is bigger than NFL football?
Speaker 2: What's the reason.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm the wrong person to ask. I'm probably the wrong person to be talking about any of this, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like, there's so many students. I guess that go so they probably have like huge student sections.
Speaker 1: Oh that and that makes sense. How many students go to mission? Now? Now, I mean I'm you're just gonna go down a rabbit hole on a rabbit hole. Okay. So for University of Michigan, in one like in fall of twenty twenty two, it was fifty one thousand. Oh my gosh, that's like that's almost Titans Stadium. You're in Nashville.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's wild.
Speaker 1: So I guess that makes sense. Oh, I know, I've extra tickets because I thought it would be hard to get God get it? So you ever paid? It's in that wild. I just thought that was crazy. But are you trying to sell them or are you just yeah, I'm trying Okay, no luck like no bavvy, I guess you're.
Speaker 2: But they're tizzy they're going for so cheap now. They jacked up the prices when they went on sale because Ticketmaster is evil. I said it, They're evil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you're alone in that ceiling of Ticketmaster. I stopped, honestly, like I I haven't gone to a concert if it's not like through the show or something in a long time. Because I gave up. I was like I would, I wouldn't even get through. I wasn't even like trying. I would try and get tickets and I couldn't even get through to even try and purchase a ticket.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So I just gave up. They jacked up the tickets I got.
Speaker 2: They were two hundred each. They jacked him up to six fifty each that my boyfriend got, So now he's in the hole that much. We're not gonna sell him. It's like we'll probably be able to sell him for like one hundred each. Like it's not good. I'mind. I told him to buy him too.
Speaker 1: I was just like, just get them there. We want to go, we want to be there. But I get it because you're gonna panic because you think you're not gonna get tickets, and it's that's how he get you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know research. I didn't realize it was the largest stadium ever and that there's so many tickets left.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was that large either.
Speaker 2: But I had never been to a UT game, and they always look really fun and there's like fireworks and there, you know, all that happening, and I was like, Okay, well, Morgan wall and it's his home, that's his team, so he's gonna make it big. It'll be cool, it.
Speaker 1: Will be really cool, and it'll be a great experience. It'll be great just in the hole, but the design, you know, try not to focus on the other side of that. You're in some whole money. Heikes.
Speaker 2: Well, I learned my lesson, so I'm never gonna buy him when they go on sale.
Speaker 1: Buy them on resale though, because people jack up the prices in resale too.
Speaker 2: Which is frustrating. Yeah, it's like, why do you try to make money on it?
Speaker 1: Just be cool, just be cool, and like resell it for that plus like twenty five bucks. Yeah, yeah, like twenty five I'm cool with that. But when you jack them about four hundred dollars, no, Yeah, that happens a lot. If you start trying to make money every way they can. That's for sure. I know we're in a wow blow the West out here, man. Wow. Well, let's talk about your weekend, shall we? Oh yeah, in another wedding, Oh my gosh. I also I fully intend to make a second post that will say always a bridesmaid Part two, Part two, let's go. I got the reference, thank you. It wasna be funny, at least at the very late. I can laugh about things in my life, you know, like whatever. But yeah, it's one of my really good friends from college. They actually already got married the Elope, so this is just a big celebration. But I'm still fulfilling all the bridesmaid duties and stuff for this like big reception that's happening. So it's a little bit different.
Speaker 2: That's some more fun. Like yeah, pressure just like fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a lot less pressure. And their wedding they're like a low man. Colorado was beautiful, so it was really like really excited for them, excited to like just celebrate and hang out. I get to see my sister and brother in law this weekend, which will be like an added bonus. So going back to Kansas City because I don't get to get home. I guess my dad got jealous of my sister, was like, well, why can't Morgan find a witch Shaw and then like drive can City and then drive I'm like, Dad, I don't have enough time for that. Like that, that's squeezing in a lot of things at once. So he was Saddy doesn't get to see me, but I will be headed to Kansas City for like a brief a quick kind of thirty six forty eight hours to go back for this and then I fly back. Wait, does your sister live in Kansas City? No, they live in which shop. Oh, but so really funny with this couple. It's my college bone to my college best friends. But I went to high school with her husband. What in the world they met in Kansas City working together? How weird is that?
Speaker 2: That is wild?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember when they first started in and I was like, wait, what I know him? Like, we're we're little. I've seen him multiple times, like and we still stay in touch. It wasn't just someone that we went to high school. It was like somebody that, like my sister was really good friends with. So I always saw him and he became one of my friends through that, and I was like, this is weird. This is the weirdest connection ever. But oh my gosh, that is really weird. What a small world. Yeah, for sure, it's such a Kansas thing, very very Kansas. But I'm excited for her and I think it's gonna be awesome. But I am also very excited for Sunday when this is all officially over. This year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot because I remember I was like made of honor for two weddings back to back, and it's just like because it's.
Speaker 1: So high pressure.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, it's such a big moment in their life and you just want to make it like the best you can, and you don't. You want to do everything that you can.
Speaker 1: And there's so like there's so much fun, but there's so much that goes into them. And you know, you have the lead in which is the battery. You have bridal parties, you have and then you have the wedding. And I'm like, even as somebody who was in a relationship been going through, I was, there's so much of this. There's so much happening, Like it does not matter the season of the life that I mean, there's just a lot going on. And when you're the one person that lives away from everybody, Like that's the hard part.
Speaker 2: That is the hardest part.
Speaker 1: If you had to travel for everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're just right down the street, that's that's amazing. Yes hello, but oh yeah.
Speaker 1: But yeah, So your girls is excited, excited for the wedding, excited to celebrate them. Also excited that I finally get to have like two months left of twenty twenty four that doesn't have any weddings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's light.
Speaker 1: There's light at the end of the tunnel. There's some light. So that's what's going on lately. And I also I wanted to talk about your crazy uber driver. You tell me sorry, because I'm normally the one that comes into the show with crazy uber stories.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, what would you do in this situation? Like my driver was so reckless and he was probably in his seventies and yes, like he was this cute old man christ seventy five eighty actually like la rampa, that's live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like, oh, man, I hope he goes fast enough to get me there.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'm not even kidding. He was going ninety and like a sixty five. He was passing everybody. He had road rage. He was honking at people, cutting them out, never used his turn signal.
Speaker 1: Flying But I was a cute old man when he first entered the vehicle.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. He never talked, obviously, I'm glad I didn't talk to him because but he was like focused, and it looked like he couldn't see very well because he was grabbing the steering wheel and then like leaning up really far forward, yeah, like to look out the windshield, and I'm like, oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, what's happening, what is happening here?
Speaker 1: It's seriously.
Speaker 2: I tried to get a picture of this pedometer because it said ninety and I'm like, oh my gosh, I'm going to get here so fast.
Speaker 1: But what do I do? Like, you're real, Yeah, I'm not kidding. So wait, how far did you have to go in this vehicle with him?
Speaker 2: Gosh, I mean from my house, which is kind of farther than you seen twenty minutes from twenty five, I would say, okay, further out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you made it safely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was glad because I do stress because sometimes they go like really slower. We get stuck in traffic. So I was like, oh, this is a change. I'm actually gonna get there like a really fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But and I don't I honestly don't know how if you spoke English that well, because.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I just you guys never had a conversation. Were you at any point where you're like, maybe I should ask him to slow down. I thought about it, but I just thought it was really awkward. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I never say anything to the Uber drivers and I didn't know. I just kind of sat there and like just looked at it happened. But then I saw that we're passing everybody on the highway. And then once we got to the airport, people like cut him out or wouldn't move, and he's like and then he would like look over at him, and I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was it was a lot.
Speaker 2: But would you say anything?
Speaker 1: I'm probably not. I know, you just got to think about those like awkward, Y're awkward if we were not talking to begin with, we didn't never say anything, Yeah, I don't. I don't know that. I don't think I would. I think I would have just sat there and been like, my life is in your hands. I would to make sure, my seat belt was on really tight I did, and just brace for impact kind of thing. It's crazy though, the amount of like I don't think you and I are alone and having that. I think there's a lot of wild uber stories.
Speaker 2: Which is crazy that we put someone else's life. No, we let someone else put our lives in their hands. Like I was just thinking that during that. I was like, oh my gosh, my life is in this dude's hands right now.
Speaker 1: It is. But also, if you're drinking, like you're in a better circumstance to have somebody who is sober driving you, you know what I mean, So like what's the alternative? I suppose not drinking is the alternative and you just drive yourself. But like, there used to be really a lot of taxis and stuff. But I feel like taxis have always been crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I was always scared in taxis. They were like this all the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe he's an old taxi driver. I was that too.
Speaker 2: Maybe I think he was.
Speaker 1: And they're just like slightly they're a different breed, they are. They not regress it. Okay, I don't think I would have said anything. Okay, did you give him a rating? Did you be like, hey, maybe slow down next time. Actually, no, I don't think I said anything. Did you give him five stars and just let it happened?
Speaker 2: I kind of did. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: I did the same thing. Oh shoot, he was a top driver. I remember seeing that. I always get top drivers. Well, maybe people really liked that they got there fast.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's just having a day. That's what I was thinking too. I was like, you just have him one of those days?
Speaker 1: Did you give him all tip in there? Yeah? I did. I've done the same thing and all my crazy ver Sure, I still give him five stars and I still tip them because I just I don't know. I don't. I don't. I feel like if I just catch him in the wrong moment, I feel really bad. I know.
Speaker 2: And he didn't even he didn't get out to load my suitcase, which I feel like they're not expected to. Yeah, it is a nice gesture when they do. But he was just just staying in the car, you know, and then just flew like a rocket.
Speaker 1: It might have been happening it himself a day.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and no conversation. He was like just a to b A to b A to b. Okay, I did want to. I also wanted to bring up with you. You reminded me of some things that had happened this weekend at the at the weddings. So we had a rehearsal dinner this past weekend that was at a super fancy restaurant and it was like, literally, the multiple things you've talked about have reminded me of this, and I forgot it had happened. And this was like five course meal, which, by the way, I was so stuffed after. I was like, I'm literally ill. We'd had a five course meal before a wedding the next day. But it was so good, and it was the fancy place that they had the crummer do you know what I'm talking about? Where they come and they scraped the crumbs off of your table. Yes, I've never experienced that. Even on your birthday steakhouse they didn't do it.
Speaker 2: They didn't do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well let me tell you this place did it. Fairy's or Perry's Steakhouse in Franklin, Tennessee. It was really good. The food was amazing, but the servers over and after they cleaned up, they come And what I have learned is it is called the crumber. They come and they use this like little tool that literally looks like a tool from a tool belt and they scrape all the crumbs off and they clean off the table before they bring out new dishes. Wow. And I was so fascinated, Like I was like, this is the coolest thing ever. And I you know me, you've been in my house. I'm a very OCD cleaning, Like my house is in very good order. Yes, I love cleaning things.
Speaker 2: It's the cleanest person I know.
Speaker 1: So this guy's coming Averred. He's using this crummer. I did not know that's what it was called. I was just like, oh, what's that tool and he's using I'm like this is a cool and I'm just watching him like fascinating. I was like, oh, there's some more like helping him clean the table. And he came back over on the next time he goes here, I have like fifteen extra ones. So I got to take home a crumber. What really, that's so nice? Wait, so what does it do? You brush it off into your hand or it has a trade they do? They do it has like a little ridge on. I think it catches some of it, but they also have their hand to like brush off into their hand, or sometimes they'll bring a table. I actually think it's a plate. I wasn't really focused on where it was going as well as of just what was happening on the table. I think it was a little plate that they brought and oh got it into But I have I now have a crummer. Not that I'm ever going to be able to use it. I know. I just was gonna say, have you used it yet? I mean no, I don't have a cloth on any of my tables at my house or anything, so I'm normally just like wipe it down with the paper. Doubt.
Speaker 2: I love that you have a crumber. Now, I've never seen one in use.
Speaker 1: I do. I'll have to show you. It's like you if I put this together, Alo's for a dollar. Okay. This is the fact that I was so fascinating with this, and I was at the table with the bride's family and they were laughing so hard. They were like, this is this is you were fascinated. Yeah, And then that he came over and brought me one, and they're like, this is a great story. So that's just that's just my life. That's how I heay.
Speaker 2: It's the little things that bring us the most.
Speaker 1: Joy is truly the little things a crummer. And then also I have a controversial opinion on weddings when it comes to the dance floor. Why do we always form circles? Why do we? Why? Why? I get it for the bride and groom, right, everybody wants to see them. You form around them, you show them you love them. I think those moments are really sweet. But as soon as the bride and groom are done, let's like scatter, Yes, why do circles?
Speaker 2: And they they get formed constantly, they do, and then like your pressure to go out to dance in the middle, It's like who's next?
Speaker 1: And I don't have a move to go out in the middle. I'm like, I'm literally like the flimsy you know, the little things that are in front of stores are like the little guys that's like me, And I'm like, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I know I have to be real gone, like very uh huh at the end of the night to get in that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, do not push me in that circle? Yeah? Why? I just realized that why do we do that? I don't know, It's happened at every wedding I have been doing, there's always a circle, and the circles really bother me. Maybe it's because I've been to so many this year where I'm like, guys, please stop forming the freaking circle.
Speaker 2: That's actually really funny. How do you get it to not? How do you disperse it? You gotta be the circle dispersory at this next one.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you disperse it either, Like, once it's formed, there's no like turning around, but then it's always awkward when it does end, right, like the transition between going from the circle back to regular dancing back to the circle.
Speaker 2: I think everybody likes to see each other's faces.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know, I really and I fully get it if there's a song that warrants it right, if there's a reason for some level of it, or again, the bride and groomer in it and everybody's around them totally makes sense now. But for every song or every other song, I don't feel like there's a reason for that. I feel like we can just all collectively join on a dance floor.
Speaker 2: It's fun to stay at the Why.
Speaker 1: Even line nances, you're in lines, nobody's in a circle that's true. I don't get it. I just noticed that.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna notice it every time the circle you're welcome. And I do remember that even at Lauren's wedding.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, it happened. It happens at every single wedding.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: And I and maybe there's like some some psychology behind it that like maybe that's like a community thing and we don't know each other, so we're trying to get to know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't want to turn your back on somebody, you know, because if everybody's back is out, then everybody feels welcome and you just feel but.
Speaker 1: Like inevitably with the circle, not everybody's involved. There's always people on the dance floor that aren't involved, and nobody ever widens the circle, so then it's awkward you have people Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, my gosh, there's got a big psychology.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, this is a thing. And it wasn't until we talked about the wedding that it then came back to my mind. I was like, oh, I had this thought. Yes, I like other Morgan was at the wedding that I was at. I looked at her and I'm not going out right now, there's a circle. Really, I'm not did she notice it too or she like I was like, oh, it's like it's fine, Like she was like nobody. I was like, no, no, no, you don't understand. Those are so awkward. They're so awkward, and I'm not drunk enough for that.
Speaker 2: I know. I always get pressured like they're like, Abby, go out, and then I do it. I'm so embarrassed, and I just I don't like it. Yeah, because I don't have a go to move. I don't have one.
Speaker 1: Maybe if we get go to moves, it will be a better experience. Maybe.
Speaker 2: I feel like people either do like the worm or something, or like break dancing thing, and I'm like, I'm not gonna do that in dress. I'm not gonna even attempt to do it.
Speaker 1: No, Like, listen, I can do a back handspring, but like, I can't do that in those settings. I don't have the clothes or the shoes for that.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So those are my controversial thoughts and my experiences of weddings. This moment, Okay, we're gonna take one more quick quick break. We'll be right back, all right. Abby has a TV show or movie ever influenced you to travel somewhere.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, why do you always gotta bring up TV shows.
Speaker 1: And movies anything of all time? Is nothing new that you've had to see? Let me think, and I can let you think because the reason I'm bringing this up is because I've been watching Emily in Paris, which is like my favorite show, oh man, on Netflix. It's the cheesiest thing ever, and I eat it up. I love it. It's just the easiest watch and it's so good. And now I really want to go to Paris, Like I literally want to be like, I in this moment of my life need to go to Paris. It is Yeah, I haven't seen that show, but well I think you would like it. It's also quick episodes.
Speaker 2: Oh good.
Speaker 1: But it is very cheesy. It's like cheesy, man, you may not like it. Cheesy romance, like very funny. You just kind of root for. She's like fallen in and out of love. It's a fun like storyline and I don't know, I just like enjoy enjoy the watching of it. But she romanticizes Paris so much and she went over by herself to like take this job. And now I'm like I think I need my Paris moment. I need to go to Paris or maybe it's a place like London or Rome. I don't know. She's gone to a few of them in there, but one of the three on a little trip sometime soon.
Speaker 2: Movies definitely do make Paris like seem very romantic. It's like, isn't it the City of Romances?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think that is what it's called. Well, and I think that's the irony in it too, of like me in this space of my life and I should just like go and manticize my own life, you know what I mean. And so like waiting to go to Paris with somebody or whatever, uh huh, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So I went into Paris in high school, okay, with like a trip, and I remember the men over there are so attractive. You are pointing that out. They're so fit because they walk everywhere, they eat healthy, and we were and they dressed it was super nice, Like they were in like button downs, you know, with like not all the way buttoned up, and you're like the sleeve rolled up and you're just like, oh my gosh, what's happening.
Speaker 1: So this is why people go to Paris this is what you're saying. I think maybe my husband's over there. Maybe you never know, I could be in a crape or something. You look at the Apple Tower CP. Yeah, I hope he's a crape. But I do hope you're enjoying your your crape husband. You're gonna do that.
Speaker 2: You're gonna bond over crapes in the line of the crape truck or whatever.
Speaker 1: They have it is. I remember that and I was like just in high school. But you know, did you like it where you're like Paris is awesome?
Speaker 2: I did, but I think it is one it's very like romantic and I'm there with like all my friends and like a chaperone, so like it wasn't for me, so like I.
Speaker 1: Didn't go explore the city of Love, like really explore, right.
Speaker 2: But I yes, I definitely loved it, Like it's magical because like I went on the Eiffel Tower and the lights come on at night, Like that's the most magical thing I've ever seen. And then we did like a cruise on the Sign river like the sign Rivers. I don't know how you say it scene sign sign rob person ask the Olympics were just in Paris, and I already I forget they said it all the time, but it was it's so pretty, so yeah, I thought it was really.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, so you suggested it, so Emily and Paris has got me on it, and you suggest it, so Paris, maybe in my future, you know, it would be mine.
Speaker 2: I didn't even see all of it, but like Yellowstone, I watched a little bit of it, but just like going out into open with like horses and just like being out in the middle of nowhere with like no people, like looking up at the stars. Yeah, I feel like that, Like that's what I want in like mountains and just open. I don't know, it just looks so freeing.
Speaker 1: I think Yellowstone cause a lot of people to want to go to Montana. Yeah, and Wyoming. I mean, I guess they're both in similar veins. I'm not sure where Yellowstone was shot though, was it? I'll google it another google. So keep talking about what you'd want to do if you go on your Wyomich or.
Speaker 2: Like Wyoming, one of those you know, Montana, just because there's just I want to stay out like in a tent or glamp.
Speaker 1: Actually, I want to glamp and be a glamper. Unos stars. Interesting Yellstone was filmed in three states. You taught, Montana and Texas. Oh it wasn't he Okay, it wasn't no Wyoming, Wyoming.
Speaker 2: I really want to go to Wyoming. But that's what makes me just like the freedom of it. And because the others it's like hustle and bustle of cities, which I like, and how like Paris would be but that would just be like I don't know the complete Yeah, like all you see is stars. There's not much to do, but just like really be one with.
Speaker 1: Nature, you know.
Speaker 2: That's all I want to do is be.
Speaker 1: One with nature. I'm going to go meet my husband eating a crape, and you're going to go be one with nature. This is lovely for both of us. I guess I really like it. Great, Okay, Yellowstone, that's a good one. See you did have one. I did know you don't watch a lot of things.
Speaker 2: I know I hadn't seen like I've seen one episode, but oa.
Speaker 1: It so counts. You know. There is also something that I learned and I'm curious how you learned in school. Back when we were in school, when what is the thing that a butterfly comes out of cocoon. Okay, okay, I'm not the only one, so I thought maybe I, like whatever, I learned that butterflies come out of cocoons, right, huh. My sister was with my niece the other day and they were talking about butterflies. They went to some park and my sister goes, oh, look like a Butterfli's coming. There's like the butterfly cocoon. And my niece looked at her and was like, what what are you talking about? And she's like the cocoon like and they're pointing it, and she goes, no, it's chrysalis. That's a chrysalis. I know, uh huh huh.
Speaker 2: I mean I feel like that's like a scientific word for it.
Speaker 1: It is, so I looked it up. Cocoon is actually factually wrong. Cocoon is for moss, no butterflies, excuse me. And we got taught growing up that was a cocoon all of us. I don't know if it was a Kansas thing, because you and I are both Kansas. Maybe it was just Kansas. I'm so curious if anybody else ever learned that, like, it's actually chrysalis. She doesn't. My niece doesn't even know the word cocoon, Like, oh so they don't even Well, I shouldn't say she doesn't know it, but she didn't know it in that context, right of Like because.
Speaker 2: We say butterflies more than moths, we're not gonna be like, look at that moth.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, because you're not watching a like a moth come out. Butterflies like a pretty experience. So you're watching it come out of a cocoon. You learn about that when you're like a kid, you watch the butterflies come out.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Casey.
Speaker 1: Musgrave, she says crystalis in that song you give me butterflies? You know, that's where I'm right. She's like, took me out of my crysalis, remember butterflies, Casey Musky a butterfly? Why were they teaching us cocoon? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Brought me out of my chrysalis?
Speaker 1: Because I always thought that was cool that she said it.
Speaker 2: They do like a cool effect on.
Speaker 1: It, I see. Oh yeah, kissful of color makes me wonder where you've always been. I was hiding in doubt till you brought me out of my crystalis, and I came to all because of you.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I ignored that. I loved the line, but I he brought me out of my cocoon.
Speaker 1: Cocon doesn't hit the same really, glad they're eating him. Chrystal Is now not only is it factually correct, scientifically correct, it's also prettier than cocoon.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Oh my god. I hope this comes up on an easy trivia now we'll get it right.
Speaker 1: Well, no, chrysalis, but you know what, no, because it's probably the answer is probably gonna bringing me cocoon.
Speaker 2: What is it called that a butterfly comes out my chrysalisk.
Speaker 1: Lee, Bobby, it's cocoon, but also it's chrysalis. Take your book fact check chrystalis.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, oh yeah, is that wild? That is that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just thought we, my sister and I were mind blown that the way we were taught it was a cocoon. And now she's like that does what what are you talking about? It's chrysalis.
Speaker 2: It was just so like chrystalis does sound prettier, though it sounds more magical.
Speaker 1: Does And also if you think of like a moth and a butterfly, one is cocoon and one is chrysalis, whatever. So I learned something new this week and I didn't too. I didn't know I got taught something wrong. I know, all these years, and then maybe since the time we were in kindergarten, scientifically they adjusted to that. I'm just gonna go with that belief. Yeah. I don't think that's actually true, but.
Speaker 2: That was probably just like the general term that they you know, like cocoon. It's just easy to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it's kindergarten, because to say chrysalis it would be like still. I don't know. Maybe I just have so many questions. They keep They change the alphabet song, they changed cocoons. I'm not a fan of the new alphabet song.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: What is it? ELEMENTA wait, A B C empty h I JK.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so fun.
Speaker 1: Why would you take that apart? I don't know. I love it too, because that was would be like element.
Speaker 2: That's probably why kids aren't understanding it, because it is.
Speaker 1: It makes a lot worse sense. You know, if you can't change something, make it better, why wouldn't you? But crazy, I don't like change anything new you've learned.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: I mean, we did learn in the rejected segments that everybody was about to make fun of me, and then I stood corrected, Oh that's true. I wait, it was about the doorstoppers. Oh my gosh, I did see that too, but I've never tried it. I haven't tried it. Well, I don't think a lot of places. I don't think a lot of like homes and stuff are built now and businesses that have the little springer thing. I think that might have been a thing from ye like when we were growing up. Because I don't know about you, but when I was a kid, i'd go play with the doorstop all the time, like I just go.
Speaker 2: Don't it's like a hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I always wondered.
Speaker 2: I thought it was such a pointless spring, like yeah, yeah, a pointless spring.
Speaker 1: It doesn't like absorb shock, it's just there. Yeah, And I got it because it's like, okay, it stops the door from hitting the wall. But an actual doorstopper, which is like the same concept of being like doorstopper helps keep a door back and stop it. So that's why everybody's ready to make fun of me. And I was like, no, no, no, there's something do.
Speaker 2: This, Oh I do I've learned something that yellow jackets. They're wow, if they sting you, you can go to the hospital. I have an infestation and.
Speaker 1: My frothing happening. What's going on?
Speaker 2: They there's just like a nest. So we got back like from vacation, and I go through my garage door when I pull in, so I'm not really going like out front in my front porch. But my pest control guy came and he's like, you, like urgent, you have a problem of like stinging pests in your front yard.
Speaker 1: And I was like, what happened?
Speaker 2: Did it sting somebody? He's like no, but like there is a nest. So apparently they dig underground to like make a nest. And he said there could be hundreds under there.
Speaker 1: Seriously, yeah, And I like now when I look out, I see them flying everywhere, So they're gonna come like take care of it and dig it up. They yellow jackets are predatory wasp that are common in North America. They're known for their painful stings and can be a nuance. I picked it. Yeah, they're new, they're more. Yeah, that's a weird way of writing this. Google No, but I had so many people message me and they were like oh, my husband like mode over one or he stepped on one. He got stung thirty times. He was allergic. He had to go to the er. They're like, do not get stung because once somebody said that if it stings you, they release something that tells all of its others who come and sting. Also what yes, like they're like, hey, come join in. They're evil. I had no idea. I thought it was a bee.
Speaker 2: It looks like a normal bumblebee or like just a normal bee if you're not looking close.
Speaker 1: But once I look close, they do well. They look like if a bee and a wasp had baby. Yes, that's what they look like. And they're aggressive. So do they just like put like a little like smoke bomb in its nest or like.
Speaker 2: Well, people told me to pour like gasoline down.
Speaker 1: That's horrible, Like I don't. I don't like a pezi as next person. But that sounds inhumane and it was inhumane.
Speaker 2: But you know what they do you is inhumane when they send you to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it sounds like they only do it. It says they're they're slow to sting, but they are territorial, so if you do mess with their nests, they'll sting you. Yeah, so I walked by you. They're protective of their home.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I'm fighting for yellow dupe.
Speaker 2: They're in my home now, but they're just gonna dig it up. And then they put stuff around that they try to eat or something.
Speaker 1: And they die. I mean they are an invasive species. I say they are. You can go out in the middle of a field. You don't need to come by my bush. You can go anywhere else right here. Can't say, what is it? I can't stay here. You gotta go home, but you can't. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here. Wow, that took me a long time to find them. Yeah, okay, you.
Speaker 2: Don't even go here.
Speaker 1: So yellow jackets they're danger out. Yeah, watch out. Like we learned a lot there, we did. I've never seen yellow jacket before, so you've only heard about the show about them, but I've never watched the show. I just heard their Showhow about him? Yeah, Bobby watches. I'm like zombie show. You're right, see, I tune out when you gotta talk about show TV shows. I'm out. Okay, Well is gonna mean out? We're out. We're gonna go uh chill for a little bit and we'll do some listener Q and A. I cannot today at all. I'm doing great. I'm yep, okay, awesome. Abby. Tell the people when they can find you, hear your music, all that good stuff. Let's see on Instagram, I'm Abby Lee Anderson and yeah, my song ex boyfriend material about all the red flags, those walking red flags basically every guy. Yes, I gotta start listen to that again.
Speaker 2: It might make you feel better.
Speaker 1: Actually no, it does make a very hype. It's like one of those Miranda Carroll carry anyway where I'm like, yeah, I know it really is.
Speaker 2: It gives you let power.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then on Twitter, I am at singing.
Speaker 1: Abby amazing, and I am at web girl Morgan and all the things. You can also go listen to my new podcast Take This Personally. This past week I had on a friendship coach, which I also I got made fun of a lot this week? Did I noticed that, you know, just gotta kick a girl when she's down. I had a friendship coach on Daniel Bayer Jackson, who talks about how to make friends this adult also how to be a good friend. And then I had on one of my really good friends, Jillian, the one who just got married. We talked about our friendship, how we met, our first impressions, just you know, a little vulnerable moments. So go check that out too if you've got some time. Okay, y'all have a great weekend. Be safe, We'll see you later. Bye. That's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms. Show and follow ed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.