Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game pre season is in the books, and it's finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals, Draft Kings Sportsbook has you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use cod Shannon. New customers can bet five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the Code Shannon only on Draft Kings. The Crown is yours. NFL Week one is here and the new season mean new ways to get in on the action. That Draft Kings Sportsbook an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Fans have spoken, we want to bet touchdowns. Draft King hurt us and is delivering. Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to do a touchdown dance of your own? New Draft King customers bet five to get two hundred and fifty in bonus bets instantly plus one month of NFL plus premium on us Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Coach Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus bets when you bet just five books and get one month of NFL plus premium on US offer INDs nine to nineteen only on draft kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 3: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 4: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See dknng dot co slash bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: The days are warmer, the walks are longer, and one easy way to help your dog shine this season is with fresh, healthy food from Farmer's Dog Farmers dogs make fresh, real food and delivers it right to your door. Recipes are developed by vet nutritionists, made from real meat and veggies, and proportion just for your dog, making it easy to say goodbye to burnt brown balls. Feed your dog real food with the real benefits. My Pomeranian Teddy love the stuff and his coat has never looked better. It's smart, healthy pet food you can feel good about feeding your pup. It's the best option for your dog of all life stages because it's not kibble, it's not cango, it's real healthy food, and it doesn't matter if your dog is young or old. It's always the right time to begin infested in their health. That means more happy, healthy, full years together. Get fifty percent off the first box of your fresh healthy food from farmersdog dot com slash Nightcap.
Speaker 3: Plus you get free shipping.
Speaker 2: Just go to farmersdog dot com slash nightcap to get fifty percent off. That's Farmers Dog dot Com slash nightcap.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lamar also said he doesn't view the matchup with the Chiefs as a revenge game. Any game I play and I feel like it's a revenge game, nah, because the states aren't the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, can we get back to the same situation, don't Joe, you damn right now, even though I can't go back and take what you've already gotten.
Speaker 3: But I want my lick back. Oh yeah, I want to get your ass out.
Speaker 2: I want you to feel like how I felt last year that you were going to the Super Bowl and we were taking our ass home. So I want to give you that feeling because you hadn't had that feeling in quite a while past.
Speaker 5: You know that long and I long feel that long time.
Speaker 2: So I want you when you're driving away from the stadium and the fans wave and said, don't worry aboudy.
Speaker 3: We had a good season. That's what I want you to hear.
Speaker 2: Ay, And I want you to play in the Pro Bowl because I won't be playing in the Pro Bowl this year.
Speaker 3: I'll be getting ready for the Super Bowl. Hey five? If labar, Yeah, yeah, y'all will get your ass back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I slow down a little bit. You talk about the Ravens playing in the Super Bowl. You know, Joe Burrow and the Bengals are gonna be ready for now.
Speaker 3: Or man, Joe, he got one, he got one winning.
Speaker 5: I know we won in three. It's a new season.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: It's a new season. It's a new season, and I know we have a lot of Ravens fans in the chat. I love you, no disrespect, no, I love you, and I've always showed love and grace to all of you as fans, even when I was playing.
Speaker 5: But I'm telling you the ASC north runs through the five, one to three.
Speaker 1: Stop playing And if anybody in the chat that's a Ravens fan want to put some money on it, put your money up. Let's bet you talking about man who they playing?
Speaker 5: You know what it is.
Speaker 2: The Patriots are entering a new era without coach Belichick, and their jerseys reflect that. The Patriots captains will wear see on their jersey this season, something Belichick never allowed, but new coach Jared Mayle Rod mail Will Male said, I do think it's important to have that sea on the jersey. That's one difference that I think is important. It's a badge of honor, and I think when I guys did the right thing, they should be recognized for those things. It's something as small as having a captain's patch.
Speaker 1: I think it's important for those guys. Oh Jo, you like that, It's dope, It's cool. You know Belichick wasn't with that. Listen one team, we all come out at the same time when we introduce one band, one sound, you know, I mean, that's that's that was the way Belichick ran everything.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Again, I use it, I use it. I use the analogy. I've never been to the Army. I've never been to the Navy. I don't know what it's like to be a part of the Marines. But the way that team was ran was in a militant manner. We all move as one, so there was no need for the you know, the sea on the chest. We knew who, we knew who the captain was, We knew who ran the show. He was number twelve. Yeah, we knew who it.
Speaker 3: Was, you know.
Speaker 5: But I think it's it's a cool things.
Speaker 1: Rod Mayo getting back to, you know, what a lot of other teams do and having a captain and you know, it's dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's dope. I like that because I'm not doing with Coach. I'm not Coach Belichick. Coach Belichick chose.
Speaker 3: To have the seas.
Speaker 2: I choose to have them. Yeah, Coach Belichick father coach at the Naval Academy. I think his dad was in the Naval Academy. Yeah, so you can understand why. The militarism, the militaristic style in which he coached, the discipline, the determination, the dedication, you have to have that in the military, or as Colonel Nathan Jessel said, men die when the men don't follow orders.
Speaker 3: Men die die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are consequences, and Coach Belichick did a great job of conveying that. His players did a great job of understanding that. And that's why there were very few times. You probably can count on one hand how how many times did you could say a Coach Belichick team beat themselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, verry seldom.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna get those stupid pillars. They're not gonna do it.
Speaker 5: Very seldom.
Speaker 2: You never see Coach Belichick players die with the ball trying to puntet get ball owed the end zone. Even though going out at the one, if we can't get it in four down, we don't deserve to get the ball in the end zone because the risk reward you get it punched out. It goes at the back of the end zone. Now not only do we not get points, they get the ball at the twenty going out the other way.
Speaker 3: So he did a great job of that, but I do like it.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question, do you think yes players care about having that seat on the shirt on the jersey.
Speaker 1: I think it's dope to understand and know how your peers feel about you, how your teammates feel about you, you know, being able to don that sea you know on your shirt.
Speaker 5: I think I think it's it's cool.
Speaker 1: It's really it's a really dope honor to know that your peers and your players view you as that captain and the and the leader of men when it's time to go to the war on that field. I think, I think I think it's dope. Yeah, I mean, I'm this is not when I when I played, I wouldn't have got ship.
Speaker 5: I didn't care nothing about that captain.
Speaker 1: I couldn't be a captain because I was too busy, got there making jokes before the time to go play. But uh, I guess it's cool. Yeah, I guess it's cool.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I would love to have a jersey with captain on that thing.
Speaker 3: And you know that wasn't a thing.
Speaker 2: I think it came in like a couple of maybe a year or two after I left, But uh, it would have been an unbelievable of course, to know I was a three time captain at Savannah State. We didn't have obviously, we didn't have no C. I don't even think what Dion put leader. And then I think traut got d which means dog on here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but yeah, I think that. I think it's an unbelievable honor. And everybody that gets that captain C on the jersey, they should, they should feel proud of themselves that the coaches and the players thought that much that you're the captain of this team.
Speaker 3: We we believe in you. And uh yeah, I thought.
Speaker 2: I think it would be an unbelievable honor if that, if that would have happened, Oh Joe, check this out. NBC is reporting the NFL can soon look to start the season with games on Labor Day. They'll reportedly be game scheduled Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
Speaker 5: You like it?
Speaker 1: I shit, hell, I like it. And you give me more football, that's better for me.
Speaker 3: No, you give me more money, that's better for me.
Speaker 1: Well, the money gonna come or ain't gonna be no games play? Yeah, so they adding the game on it. But you just understand that that's an extra check.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an extra check. I think the thing else they're doing that, Oh Joe, But are you gonna add an extra bye week? Because now if you have an age team game, the game is already the second Sunday in February.
Speaker 5: You add that everybody had everybody had too bad.
Speaker 2: Hey man, you played you played a what's the holiday in February President's Day? You're playing game in the first of bars. Yeah, yeah, I mean, Look the NFL. Look, the NFL is keen. And the only way that you can get money more money out of these learning your learning your networks, the streaming services, is to give them what they want want.
Speaker 1: You gotta play. You gotta play ball, and you gotta play ball. And the players are going to get a slice of the pipe. The players are going to get a piece of the pie. So I listen, I like it.
Speaker 2: They already have uh this this uh Thanksgiving. Then they got a game like leading up the Thanksgiving they got games like Thursday Friday.
Speaker 3: Yah gotta.
Speaker 2: I mean they got a Friday game this week, o Joe, Green Bay and and and Philly played Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and we got a game Thursday so hey that that's that's better. That's better for me because I'm excited. I'm waiting for football season. I've been waiting.
Speaker 3: You know how long I have been.
Speaker 1: Wait for this.
Speaker 3: I'll be waiting for this for a long time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that means you're probably gonna only have like two preseason games. Yeah, and then you know you have two preseason games now, guys that get to come to camp probably a little later, because I don't think you have you know, two preseason games, oh Joe in there, because after the third preseason game, you still got like two weeks. So that means till you gonna have two precon games and have three weeks before you play. Probably bring the players in a later, a week later, maybe even ten days later, have the two games, and then boom, we're gonna get ready to go. So you might not be coming into camp Ohoe until dawn there the end of July, the beginning of August.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't like not having enough preseason games for players that are they not playing six seventh round.
Speaker 2: When the last time you saw when the last time you saw Patrick Mahomes play the preseason hold.
Speaker 1: On, So you think you think you think two games is enough to evaluate players that are trying to make a team.
Speaker 3: They're not playing. Your starters aren't playing. Oh Joe, that's what That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the players getting that that were drafted in lower rounds and free agency. You think two preseason games is enough film to be able to make a team.
Speaker 2: I guess they're doing a lot of evail O t A. They're doing a lot of vail. You know, uh, the mandatory the minis and the mandatory minis, and you know you're just gonna have to show.
Speaker 3: A lot earlier.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, they're probably gonna you know, the practice squads. So you know, you a guy, maybe he's not ready to play right now, but a year, I think he'll be ready. You just hope somebody he doesn't show somebody else enough that they signed him up your practice squad and put his ass on and put his ass on the h the active roster. But we know this is coming because I think they got like Thanksgiving. I think they got like a Tuesday game, like Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Damn, that might be Christmas. That might be the Christmas schedule ash.
Speaker 3: But they got to.
Speaker 2: They got like I think they play like every game every day except like Wednesday, because you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: They had the Black Friday, the Black Friday game.
Speaker 5: Friday game.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Black Friday, boy, I can't wait for themselves.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: That thing is all they do is all they do is mark it up two weeks before and then market down to make you think you're getting something.
Speaker 5: You don't shop on Black Friday at Target.
Speaker 2: So they got a game Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, not Saturday. So Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday, Monday.
Speaker 5: Okay, who Black Friday? Baby?
Speaker 1: Oh right, you heard me on what happened? You don't shop you don't shop it all on Black Friday.
Speaker 3: Man, I ain't been on the bra.
Speaker 5: No, I'm talking about I'm saying. I'm saying for me.
Speaker 1: Listen Target Black Friday at Target. The Haines underwear, the tank tops, the white tea's, the gold toe socks. You know about the gold toe socks.
Speaker 3: Why you wearing gold toe socks for dress shoes? Those for dress shoes.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, the cotton cotton socked with the gold toe. It's just they just called I just called him gold toe because the toe is gold.
Speaker 3: That's what they but that's what the dress.
Speaker 2: They sliced them. Prices in half, No, that's you're paying full price. You just think you playing his half.
Speaker 5: I know the prices.
Speaker 1: I got the Target app on, I got the Target app I know the prices.
Speaker 5: Now, don't do me like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't know Shelley. Shelley shops on Black Friday. I don't shop, but I don't mean. I mean it's not like I mean, occasionally she'll go and get it, but for the most part, she'll just order it and have it sent to then habit sent I'll try it on, Okay, I like it, I don't.
Speaker 3: She'll come. When she comes, you send it back. But go in the.
Speaker 2: Store like actually, look, you mean to tell me like going in the store and actually try stuff on?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: That's about ten fifteen years.
Speaker 5: But hold on, you don't. You don't just go to Target.
Speaker 1: Just to walk up and down the aisle. H.
Speaker 2: I go to talk if I go to Target if I'm low on something. But now she only just buys everything, so she'll buy. Oh you'll buy like like those big old mister inges. She'll buy like four of those, She'll buy like twenty two to toothpaste. She'll buy like, you know, plaques, like fifteen things of plaque if so, once I get to like five, she'll buy like ten shower jails.
Speaker 3: So I really need to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but see, I don't think you understand, Like just there's a certain excitement. I don't know about you chat, I don't. I don't know about y'all, but there's a certain excitement I get. I don't want to use the word like a drilline rush, but there's a certain excitement about just going and Target.
Speaker 5: I'm just knowing you going in there, and you're going in there.
Speaker 1: For one thing, and the challenge in being able to just purchase that one thing is such a great feeling to see if you can actually do it. And being just being able to walk up and down each aisle, like it's like going into the Target brings me such joy. I don't, I don't know how to explain it.
Speaker 5: It's weird.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm the only one that has this weird fascination with this damn store, But like it's awesome.
Speaker 5: It's like every time I walk in, just like I've never been there before.
Speaker 1: It's like I've never been there. I'd be happy. I'll be happy as hell.
Speaker 3: I uh I will.
Speaker 2: I mean wat time I had a girlfriend send me to the store to get some hamburger patties. All all you need is hamburger patties and bun bell. I came back with a grocer. I don't about, man, I don't know about corporated, out about everything, out about file at, out about realized, out about everything. I'm shop So that's why I don't really like I'll go for one I might go for one thing. Man, I'm getting grapes, plums, at all.
Speaker 5: Type of stuff.
Speaker 2: I'll get everything, so it's just best. I'm coming back with granola chips. So it's like I try to stay. I don't really do a whole lot of shopping. So that's Shelley's job.
Speaker 3: Shelley.
Speaker 2: Shelley. Shelley get paid to do all that stuff. So taka wait till you get here. If I get it, if I need something, she'll do like cause I don't have I don't have Lyft, I don't.
Speaker 3: Have uber eads. Yeah, I don't have those kind of apps.
Speaker 2: On my phone, so I can't order it, so she'll order it or you know, like like uber seel like my daughter. Usually I have my daughter this weekend. You know, I'm trying her out. She in turning right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Shelley gave her the card, so she was in charge of transportation, making sure everybody gets from pointy to point B. And she did a great job. And said, baby, you did a great job. I said, but you know what daddy expect. Now You're like, yeah, I know, daddy, I said, okay, so we know. Just so we clear. Oh, Joe. We briefly touched on the Brazil game last night were Darius Slay came out and said he doesn't want to play the game in Brazil. He said, they already told us not to leave the hotel. They tell us we can't do it too much going on because the crime rate is crazy. I'm like, NFL, why y'all want to send them somewhere where the crime rate is high. I told my family not to come down here because I'm not going to be nowhere to be found. I'm gonna be in my hotel, chilling, minding my business, playing my game. After a long nine and a half hour flight, so I don't have no intentions of doing anything. I'm gonna eat hotel food, I'm gonna be doing everything. But they said it's gonna be pretty crazy down here.
Speaker 1: I listen, I understand where you're coming from. I understand where you're coming from. The games in Brazil, they are kind of crazy. Knowing the NFL and the security and the measures that they're going to take. I think the players are going to be okay, especially where wherever they are staying. But what the NFL is trying to do is continue to go globally, the NFL brand globally and a place that is dominated by the game of football soccer for that matter. Understand what they're doing, uh, trying to present American football over there in Brazil.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great thing. It's a great thing for the game. But I don't want the players to get distracted or focused on the part of not wanting to go to Brazil, not wanting to go to Brazil, but focus focusing on the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, you want to go for the ruin at that.
Speaker 2: Car, holdo, Joe, we need go to you can't go now, you'ren't about to get Carnival. Yeah, Carnival.
Speaker 5: Oh sure we can go to Carnival. What's up?
Speaker 3: When? When?
Speaker 5: When is it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: When you we find out where it is that we can go? When is the Carnival Jamaica.
Speaker 2: Don't they got a festival like that in Jamaica when the women dressed up in like constume with flowers and beads.
Speaker 1: I think so, I know, I know the Bahamas they have Junker New and I'm sure Jamaica has something as well. I'm not sure what it may be. Oh, we can go cause we'll just be finishing work.
Speaker 3: At the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah we out, We out like a scout on the new route.
Speaker 3: Yeah we did.
Speaker 1: We were definitely going. We're definitely gone. But yeah, yeah, yeah I love that city city. Yeah yeah, I love Slay. I just I want my dog. I want my doll to focus focus on the game. You know, we understand the dangers that are going on in Brazil, but here you're playing Philly. You're playing Philly, Philly just as dangerous, Philly, Philly, just as dangerous. You know, it's Brazil, you know, but I understand it. You understand understand the bigger pictures that the NFL is trying to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do, I understand.
Speaker 5: Are you there for a football game? You don't need to go nowhere else staying you're run.
Speaker 3: It's a bodyguard. I'm gone.
Speaker 5: Are you're gonna leave anyway?
Speaker 2: Give me, give me full bodyguard with some moves, and come on, let do that with some moves.
Speaker 3: I need to see something, do something.
Speaker 1: So nah, letting them boy focus? Man, I focus now, let them let them boys focus.
Speaker 2: Let them look down on your focus. Yeah, it is too Uh. Like I said, I've played a lot of international games. I've been to Japan twice. I've been to Barcelona, I've been to Berlin. We played in Australia, we played in Mexico. Uh, not a whole I mean, I mean we're Japan. I mean it was just hot as hell. And you know, everybody love American money. They bargained with you got American money, You got American money? Yeah, I got American money. We make deal, all right, let's make a deal. Let's make a deal. Let's make a deal. I'll be here to make a deal.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I got a whole bunch of man. I brought that stuff back. Man, that stuff don't work, man. I mean they had that, you know Japan, like in the nineties, they had like the the consent, you know, the walkmans and stuff like that, just playing.
Speaker 3: Man, I got that thing back over here. Man, it stopped working. I think it started working on the plane.
Speaker 2: I think it if I have started working soon as I got it at that damn store show why you bully that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: And I think you know what, I just remember. I think I remember going to McDonald's.
Speaker 2: And I think I think like a big mac, a large fry, and a coat with like fifteen like fifteen but it was bread and very expensive. It was like almost basically triple the price what you play in the States, right. But yeah, I mean, but you already know. It's not that the food is bad. It's just that you're not used to eating the food. So you're not used to eating. Yeah, things that you're not used to eating. But pizza, pizza of Ash will be right at home. We've never gone any place the Ash can't find something that she likes.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't like this? Hell down.
Speaker 5: As ass got a palette everything.
Speaker 3: You like? A Talian?
Speaker 1: You don't like Italian?
Speaker 3: I'm not you.
Speaker 2: Who don't is there anything that you don't eat. Think for a second, No, not really. Pickles, Oh yeah, pickles, whatelse is something else? You told me olive pickles, olive, salt, vinegar. So that's it, pickles and olives. Everything else is a buffet is good.
Speaker 5: Yes see.
Speaker 1: I am one that will try anything one time. And there are three things I will never eat. I would never eat because I don't like the texture ochres. Yeah, zucchini and squash, oprahs and squash. Oh no, absolutely, not a chance in hell.
Speaker 3: No, nah no, okay, I don't. I don't like none of that. Though.
Speaker 2: I don't like none of that, though there's a lot. I'm really I'm really really picky. I mean I've always been picky. I've always been picking, but I you know, like, I'm not the I'm picking when it comes to vest. Well, I'll try different type of I'll try meat. So if you say, okay, Shannon, okay, this is a possum, or this is squirrel, this is armadilla.
Speaker 3: This, I'll try that.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, you talk talking about some old cray and Brussels sprouts and all the I'm good man, I'm telling Ojo you get your nice medium sized raccoon.
Speaker 5: Come on, man, come on man.
Speaker 3: Cut some bell peppers up, some onions. Put that luminum full.
Speaker 2: Cut him up, o jo, and put his ass in the oven by three twenty five.
Speaker 3: No, man, watch him fall off the bone. Watching fall off the bone.
Speaker 5: On Joe, come on, man, I guarantee you.
Speaker 2: I met my sister cook that thing for yo, Joe. I guarantee you. People thank you. Somebody snapping their fingers the way your lift be popping.
Speaker 5: Na man, you like that?
Speaker 3: He left.
Speaker 1: I ain't No, I ain't eat no raccoon. That ain't happening. But you eat booty. Huh, but you eat booty, don't. I don't actually eat you. I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 5: Actually I don't eat it.
Speaker 3: Gen Z call you an eater?
Speaker 1: Nah you actually eating raccoon? Like you you ask ra No, you don't actually eat it.
Speaker 3: Tongue up and here you the help, O Joe. You don't eat it.
Speaker 1: Man, You just right around the room. When you know when you shoot the basketball and the basketball rolling around the.
Speaker 3: River in Yeah, that's it. Guess what? And sometimes they row roll roll roll, They go right in the hoop and you d right in the hoo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're supposed to. You're supposed to go, and you're supposed to go in the hoop. Man, you're supposed to go in the hoop. But it's better than eating raccoon. Raccoons eat everything out there.
Speaker 3: They stay.
Speaker 1: Chickens, they scavengers. Pigs, no man.
Speaker 2: Hold on, they scare. A pig eat his own. There's nothing a pig will not eat. You talked about the guy that grew up on a farm, anybody that grew up on the farm in the South. A pig and a chicken are the nastiest animals you will ever meet.
Speaker 5: Not worse than raccoon.
Speaker 3: Is worse. No, it's not.
Speaker 2: No, it's not worse. Nope, nah nah no, sir. And toes people and you eating.
Speaker 1: Listen, it is it's nothing, it is nothing. It's nothing wrong. It's nothing wrong with detailing your women. There's nothing wrong with detailing your women. Now, you stuck in the eighties and.
Speaker 5: You haven't evolved when it comes to foreplay in that area. I have listen, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Because you refuse to suck on toes and you won't lick no ass, okay, sue me.
Speaker 5: You stuck you, I mean, you're stuck in the eighties. You have to evolve with the times. Uh what you know?
Speaker 3: What you know?
Speaker 5: What you need?
Speaker 1: You need to be nasty just for a weekend, y'all need to go on a vacation. Let let her turn you out and introduce you to some of the things we do in the two thousands.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 5: That's all. You'll come back. You'll come back a different man. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm want them rubies now, o Jo, you know I got off them diamonds. I'm on them rubies.
Speaker 3: What's the rude them road sparks? Oh Joe, I ain't.
Speaker 2: I put one of at I can talk with of them in my mouth like I've been triloquis.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And the rubies.
Speaker 1: I thought them rubies hard, Yeah, literally and figuratively like I like it. I'mna I'm gonna try. I'm gonna try one. I'm gonna try one like one of the whoa, I just thought about something we talked about these rubies. Try about these sparks. What are the side effects? I need to understand and the side effects when I when?
Speaker 5: When I when?
Speaker 3: When you come down?
Speaker 5: Because you know there's a high after high, there's a come down there side effects once you come down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rug burns. That is out of me, that is out of it. That is big.
Speaker 2: That's what I've experienced. I don't know what anybody else, but I'm talking about me. That's what I've been experiencing. Yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try it.
Speaker 1: I just, I just I've never had never taken any paraphernal. You're outside of tyler all and advill. I'm not sure I'm at the age now where where that is required or is needed, but I think I'm gonna try it. I'm gonna I'm gonna try it just to see what it can do as far as enhancing my performance horizontally and vertically.
Speaker 2: Oh what's that mean? You know, like these kids now in order to when they study to be hyper focused?
Speaker 3: Right what then? What that riddally? What's that medicine that they be taking to make riddling like when you're gaming? Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it gets your hyper to another level right right right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 5: All right, I'm gonna try it. Yeah, man, I'm gonna try it. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: And what you do?
Speaker 5: But see, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want that to be something that that I have to acquire every time. You know, and sometimes things can be thing can be addictive based on the sensation or the the the enhancement of performance that it may give me.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what now, if you don't, if if you're not gonna be look, that's a situation like.
Speaker 3: And your situation.
Speaker 2: I would recommend it because once you do, it's like it's like once you do for somebody, there's an expectation level that that's gonna be in a continuation.
Speaker 1: See see, uh huh, I don't want I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to come on with you.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, come on with your come on, hey, get good to get gone. Now, what you're gonna do? We barbecue the meal?
Speaker 3: Do it. I'm barbecued on Joe every time every time.
Speaker 1: N I'm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, I don't want them. Problems I might have might have to stay away from that.
Speaker 3: I want them. I'm looking at that what I'm looking for, looking for.
Speaker 2: I'm a path, I'm a pay I'm a pair. I'm a pass Okay, I'm sorry, Ojoe, I ain't pass it. Well, I'm gonna change your life.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let you. I'm gonna let you. Had the sparks and lest you had that raccoon. Oh yeah, world, good old fried squirrel. Come on now, you can't come on, come on now, come on now with the bullshit. So you eat you eating the squirrels, ride ride, yep, sure will like you talking about the little squirrels that be going across the power line. Yep, that squirrels that get the nuts.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: We had to go bad, We had we had to go wait. Wait, there weren't no squirrels within like a two mile raiders of us. We had to wipe them out. We kept them in the part squirrel and rice. Hey, man, please, I don't know if you're talking about Joe, oh Joe? You did they reveal their NFL hot seat rankings, So coaches that are on the hot seat. Mike McCarthy was one, Nick Sirianni was two, Robert Solon was three, Dennis Allen four, Doug Peterson five, John McDermott six, Matt Everflus seven.
Speaker 1: You like the rankings, Matt Everflus, he's on their Yeah. Hold on, let me let me let me let misscroll. Let me scroll down to these rankings now real quick, hold on, man, you see it. Mike McCarthy one. Understandable, understandable. Robert Sala.
Speaker 5: I mean, is he really on the hot seat when Aaron hasn't had an opportunity to play yet he think he have a little grace.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: He was there two years before Aaron got there.
Speaker 1: And again they'll try to blame They probably blame the quarterbacks that youuation, Okay, Doug Peterson. I wait, didn't the the Jaguar just make the playoffs last.
Speaker 2: Year year before? Remember they was eight and three, They was the number one seed and missed the playoffs. Right, Matt era Flus is gonna be fine. You know, his job, his job is secure.
Speaker 3: He good.
Speaker 1: Sean McDermott, I understand, I understand, but I mean, a god damn it. The fact that these coaches are getting fired because of.
Speaker 3: Players get cut at they don't perform.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you're right, but listen, the coaches ain't on the field. But I tell you what, you know what you're going back to that the coaches ain't on the field. I tell you what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Ojoe y'all getting them sparks road dot Com, not cap that's them, sparks them Rubies O Joe I got somebody right now that will make you a meal. I know people are gonna laugh, but y'all can google it with dickon onions.
Speaker 5: Hey, you told me about that. I'm good.
Speaker 3: Oh, tod, you gotta try it. Oh no, oh.
Speaker 2: No, you always won't be to try everything. You gotta get. Oh, you gotta get with the time. You gotta lix. So told you gotta do this, You gotta do that.
Speaker 3: But you.
Speaker 1: When when when you when you when you evolve and try it and you come back and say, boy, guess what.
Speaker 5: I try so and so and so.
Speaker 1: Then I try your bull dick and onions. Dad is even swap, even trade, even swindle.
Speaker 3: Go look it up.
Speaker 2: I know y'all think I'm crazy about Google it if he they got recipes for it, to o Joe, they got for it.
Speaker 1: I ain't never heard of that.
Speaker 5: I ain't heard of until you told me about it.
Speaker 3: Google it. They gonna google. They're gonna believe it though.
Speaker 2: Google George googling it right now, George, say man, oh when we when we going back down south together? I want to tried it. I know I got one person that's tried a uh okay, oh. Bleacher report revealed their most underrated team. Underrated players at their position quarterback with Jared Goff running back to Beer Hubbard. Wide receivers, Brandon cook Darius Slayton, Khalil Shakir, tight end, Cole Comet, Oh Joe, do you agree with the team?
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 5: I like that, especially the Jared Goff one severely underrated. Brandon Cooks is a good one, Darius Slayton is nice. Nice. Cole Comet, cole Comet gonna have a year like cole Comett is going that. Cole Comett is going to have a year, very very good, very very good.
Speaker 3: Tight end.
Speaker 1: Uh, let me see to.
Speaker 3: Cure from Buffalo.
Speaker 2: I guess he's gonna try to pick up some of the slack vacated by by Stefana, Gabe Gay Davis and Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: They lost.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, I said, I said some of the slack. To pick up some of the slack.
Speaker 1: Since since those two are going well, listen, obviously Shakira showed them something.
Speaker 5: You showed them something for them to be able to let both of them go. So he's up next him and Keyon Coleman up.
Speaker 3: Next, Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: The Clippers saw big changes made this offseason when PG Paul George elected the lead to the seventy sixers in free agency. Paul George recently brought his father, Paul George Senior, on podcast Pete which is part which is Paul George's podcast. Paul George San did not hold back. We're talking about his son's departure.
Speaker 3: It was hurting.
Speaker 2: It was like I felt that they established in the back because I thought Paul did a lot for thee as far as the fan base, the fans was there and he was there. I think he gave one hundred dim percent what he was asking. It wasn't a whole lot, but they saw something different. Mm oh, Joe.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, you know, family, his son, defending his son, he should business. The Clippers and what they see and how they value value are two different things.
Speaker 3: Absolutely correct, You're absolutely correct.
Speaker 1: And that is exactly why whatever Paul George felt he was worth, the Clippers didn't for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever reason may be.
Speaker 2: It's tough when you think about what they gave up to get him. Yeah, they gave up shake Gilges. They gave up all those draft high draft, those draft picks, they gave up those pop swap picks they gave up all.
Speaker 1: I mean, they gave up a lot to get him, Yes, sir, and as of right now has panned out? Has it panned out?
Speaker 3: You think Poklahoma City? Yeah, paned out for them?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: God damn, that's Shae gives us Alexander good Man.
Speaker 2: God damn, they gave him up. You look at all the picks, the draft picks that they surrendered to get PJ. And only went to the conference finals I think when they went once. But that's a lot, because why couldn't can't stay healthy? PG couldn't stay healthy. The best chance they had was in the bubble and they got the three one lead, and uh, yeah, I know because PG was home. He wanted to come home when Andy traded him, he thought he was coming to the Lakers. That that didn't happen, He goes to Okay site, he re signed, stays in OKC and then sin you wish you would Russ.
Speaker 3: Wanted to leave, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: He ends up getting trade to La So he's home. I think he's from Palmdale, so he's probably you know, an hour a way, so he's basically home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you want to stay home, want to stay.
Speaker 3: PG, you get to keep more of your money that bro.
Speaker 5: Lab lab taxing boy, Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Probably the biggest thing on the Internet tonight is what Nacy Leveman said on Steven Age's podcast about Sheryl Swoops. Let's take a listen to what Nancy, one of the great female women's players of all time.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to what she had to say that said.
Speaker 6: You know, Caitlin was, you know, twenty five years old. She was, however, twenty four years old. She was a fifty year senior. She was taking forty shots a game. Her records were illegitimate. And I got off the treadmill and I called her as a friend, and I said, you know, you can say whatever you want. You can have your own opinion about anybody, but you do have to get the statistics right. I mean, facts matter. And if you just get ahead of this and just say, hey, I'm made a mistake on my numbers, then this thing is over and everybody respects you for your opinion. And you know, you might like Boston, I might like the Yankees. You know, it's okay to have difference of opinions. Well, she got a set with me on the phone, and I was like, Cheryl, you know, I'm not doing anything to hurt you.
Speaker 5: I'm just sharing.
Speaker 6: We're talking, and so our relationship pretty much is not happening at this point. I tried to talk to her at the Final four. She didn't want to talk to me. My life is going to be good or great with or without Cheryl Swoops in my life. I'd rather have her in it.
Speaker 5: Ooh shoot. The fact that you know, there's one thing about women.
Speaker 1: One thing about women, They will sever a relationship quick, behind anything, behind any disagreement.
Speaker 5: Now me and you can, we can agree to disagree.
Speaker 3: You we're gonna be straight.
Speaker 5: But the fact that the relationship was severed because there was a difference.
Speaker 1: In opinion, despite the facts not being despite the facts not being correct, basically what Miss Nancy was saying. But I mean, that's that's that's unfortunate because there have been so many situations where this always happens when it comes to women.
Speaker 5: I hear these stories all the time. Just in this case, the topic has to be Cheryl Swoops saying something about Caplin Clark that's not factual.
Speaker 1: Oh yoe, and not wanting to take accountability as well, I'm assuming huh.
Speaker 2: If the least thing can cause someone to distance themselves, the friendship was never legitimate or authentic anyway, Right, Okay, someone gets up the trail and then they called me and said, well, Shanna, you misspoke about this.
Speaker 3: I do it all the time. Oh Yoe, you know I have a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: So I might get someone they scored this many touchdowns though they had that many, or they scored this many sacks, or I might mispronounce someone, or I might get a situation where the player is no longer on the team even and a lot of times there's like I will correct myself as the guys before we move on to the next subject.
Speaker 3: I miss folk, such and such.
Speaker 2: As no longer on that team, is on that team, he's here, Oh I miss folk, he had this many touchdowns, he played this many years, so forth and so on. I'm trying to correct it, Oh Joe. If somebody tries to correct me and I sever a relationship or I'm no longer on speaking terms, we never have a friendship to begin with.
Speaker 3: There's no possible way. And I don't I don't get.
Speaker 1: See this.
Speaker 2: This is what I'm having a hard time with o Choe is because a lot of times what I've gotten and I'm not gonna talk because I've talked to some of these great legendary w NBA players and they tell me, Shannon, don't forget.
Speaker 3: About the old guard.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: When Magic and Bird they say Magic and Bird say the NBA. They ain't say nothing about Will Kareem. They didn't say anything about mister Russell. They just say about Connie Hawkins, Elgum Baylor, Jered West. I don't give her look whatever you might think. Never in the history, and there have been some great players came in with this kind of fanfare. Candice Parker was tremendous Rookie of the Year and MVP and a Defensive Player of the Year. She's great, Maya Moore, Stewart, all of these women were more accomplished college players than Kate lecclark. But there's a reason why you had a record watching the w NBA Draft. There's a reason why the record attendants, there's a reason why Jersey sales and ticket sales are up. Instead of trying to be dismissive of the role that she's playing and trying to say, well, y'all not talking about it.
Speaker 3: We come on, when we talk about when we talk about.
Speaker 2: Luca and Yo Kitchen, this one, they don't automatically go back and start, well, you remember what Bill Russe would be, You remember what this we did?
Speaker 3: That old that. God, come on, I have I have a question.
Speaker 1: Besides their their stellar play in college, andreur Reese and Kate and Clark, do you also think that everything is magnified and intensified as far as their popularity, especially as far as the game is concerned, because of social media we have because they have a following, Yes, exposure from social media well, okay for sure. Yes, So the times a little different when Handis Parker and some of those young ladies were coming out. I think if social media was at its height back then, I think they would have gotten the same type of love because they were just as polarizing and good at the game of basketball as well. So I think the time for Caitlyn Clark and Angel Reese is is awesome during the social media era.
Speaker 2: Yes, but things can be true. Though these women were great. They were They were absolutely great, phenomenal. Caitlin Clark is a polar rising figure and people gravitate towards her right, that's that.
Speaker 3: That is absolutely that that could that happened.
Speaker 2: It's okay, right, Kaitln Clark's success doesn't diminish what Cheryl Swoops accomplished. It doesn't diminish what maya more, what Kandice Parker, what Cheryl Swoops, what Lauren Jackson, what Stewart, what as you Wilson? Whatever they have done before Kaitlyn Clark arrived. Kaitlyn Clark's arrival doesn't diminish anything that they've done.
Speaker 3: But the guy.
Speaker 2: But the game grow is growing, and all these women. I'm glad that some of the women. I wish that a lot of the women could have been in it and benefited from it, because they don't make nearly.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think the highest salary you can make it as a quarter of a million.
Speaker 2: For those women of the Shoryl Swoops and the Canvas Parkers, they were never I don't think they were ever in line to make that kind of money, right, And it's only going up from here. But I think the thing is, oh show you. The best part about what we do is that it's called nightcap. It's over your head, it is directly's to my right shoulder, is to your direct level your head. We get to talk about what we want to talk about, yes, yes, being no control of this platform. We wanted to talk about the Olympics. We want to talk about track and field. We wanted to talk about what we want to talk about? What other what other podcast? What other network talked about it? Just because y'all say, oh oh h, y'all is Ben don't tell me what to say. They don't tell me what to say on this on the first tape. How they gonna tell me what to say on mine?
Speaker 3: This is mine? That's why I created it. Can fire me from this. We on this.
Speaker 2: Y'all can't get head just because what happens is if you disagree with something, somebody says, oh he bought, Oh he's just talking.
Speaker 3: What what I get? I'll get no checks? But see this is what I don't get.
Speaker 2: You say something good about Lebron, you bought, But they talk about Kobe and Jordan all the time.
Speaker 3: So how many pair of shoes the Kobe send you? How many Joe? How many pair of shoes Jordan get you? So? How many checks you getting for saying that George is to go, that Kobe's the goat?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Only Lebron is paying folks.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Now, when I had Angel Reese's jacket on, when I spoke, well, Angel Reese, When when I tweeted, I tweeted like, congratulations Angel reads by you, Bobbie getting selected seventh? Oball, Oh all, y'are a height favor. Oh Angel Rees ain't the only one getting drafted. Now, all of a sudden, I'm like, huh, so, guess what I'm gonna keep talking? Oh, you don't never talk ab Asia Wilson.
Speaker 5: Really, dude, really they I mean, it's people.
Speaker 3: It's people.
Speaker 5: It's people that watch clips and they don't watch the whole You know that if you if you watch the whole show, you would know that. We talk about everybody, all the WNB players that are playing well. Everyone we everyone gets their praise, but a.
Speaker 3: Lot of times, oh Joe, this how it goes. There are a lot of guys in the NFL that play great.
Speaker 2: Mahome Lamar. Most of the guys, it's the quarterbacks that gets their attention. In the NBA, there are a lot of players that go play great. It's Steph, Lebron, Katie and the big guns. It's not unique. Y'all make it seem like it's unique. There are a lot of founding fathers that built because anytime something that's suspect that that's the NBA is nineteen forty seven, if I'm not mistaken, So almost eighty years Okay. Now you've got the NFL over one hundred years old. Sure, MLB one hundred and fifty. Damn the one hundred fifty years old. Yes, they're founding. There are people that built this. But how is it her fault when she was born? How is it her fault that fans lover? Have there been great players? Yes, yes, there were great white players before Larry Bird. He just happened to be the best one before. Now, when it's all said done, Nikola Yokich, you might have something to say about that. Luca could have something to say about that, and that's okay, it's okay. But I don't get this, Oh the old guard, the old guard. All I'm saying is this people wasn't fanetic, it wasn't buzzing the w NBA, and then people didn't talk about it. They do instead of being upset about it, I'm gonna ride the waves. It might not even been my wave, Oh Joe, but here I'm out here on the surfboard, so hell, I would ride.
Speaker 3: It to the shore, ride it anyway.
Speaker 2: But Nancy Lieberman. Look, I love Cheryl Swoop. I've met Shechryff Woop's had conversation with a couple of times. Always been great to me. But I don't get I don't think that Nancy said anything that's wrong. Churel, you just got you know, your facts are off. She didn't shoot this many times. She wasn't this, and she wasn't that. Okay, you get upset because you said something that wasn't factually correct and somebody corrects you, and now that's a ground that you're not no longer you're gonna cut off communication.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, And also miss Nancy could be exaggerating a little bit because what she considers friends. You know, our people don't really consider his friends. Oh, Sweeten, you you're an associate, You're you're, you're you may you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it ain't really friends the way an individual thinks, right like you got my phone number. When I see you, I see you as cool, but thinking like we actually friends like that they come on now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but so I kind of I understand.
Speaker 3: I mean, but think about it.
Speaker 2: A lot of these a lot of great players didn't get an opportunity to play in the WNBA. And when they came, you got to think about how old they were when they got it. They were already in their late twenties, early thirties. Right, It's not like these women now coming out of college at twenty two.
Speaker 3: It was in their late twenties, early thirties. Yeah, I get it. You know what it is? O Joe, you want in that? Delephan out of the room.
Speaker 5: Nah, I don't do that. I don't do that.
Speaker 3: I don't do that.
Speaker 5: Leader elephant in there.
Speaker 3: You know what it is?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, leader elephant in there. It's okay.
Speaker 2: Most of the people in WNBA look like us. And they said, why they don't get no praise? Why y'all weren't talking about them.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. Let's be real.
Speaker 2: Let's be real with it now, Yes, sir, mm hmm. It'd been interested they had social media. What would have been said about Larry Bird because of the large percent of the NBA able Hey black, Remember Isaiah Isaell said it.
Speaker 3: He caught black said if a Bird was black, he'd just be another player. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: They thinking the same thing. Caitlyn Clark was black, he'd just be another player. Y'all wouldn't be happy it up. Shannon Shannan ain't got no much. Ain't shann ain't signed Caitlyn Clark to no marketing deal. He ain't g't with no shoe deal. Y'all get need to get mad to the advertising and sponsors. Don't get mad at Shannon to tell y'all what's going on. I keep it stacking with you. O Joe, I see, I get it.
Speaker 5: Ain't gonna like that one, bro.
Speaker 3: Mhm, oh, Joe.
Speaker 2: I could be mad at Joe Rogan and Pat McAfee and the Kelsey Hell I'm doing looking at this some on what we're doing. Look at the mules we're doing. Okay, let me assemble my team. How do we get better? How do we reach different people right? How do we bring more people to watch Nightcap? To download Nightcap?
Speaker 3: What do we need to do? I'm not envious because it just tells me that there's money out there now.
Speaker 2: I just need to find a way. My team and I we put our heads together. We studied the trends. Whereas this thing is headed.
Speaker 3: It's what we do I'll never be Pat McAfee. Once I saw that gave me hope. That gave me hope, but I could do it.
Speaker 4: He did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I was like, Okay, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Go hey, let me, let me, let me do this. I already got one. Let's create something else. That's why I try to scour and try to find people that that that want to work hard. You're not gonna work hard, You're not gonna put the time in. I mean, I'm not gonna waste your time and the implement more important, I'm not gonna waste mine. But but that's how But but that's how I look at. There's money out there. Our job is for this team at shay Shape Media. You get paid, okay, okay, when we have a meeting, okay, okay, where do we need to go?
Speaker 3: What do we need to do? Who can who can we nurture? Who can we foster?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: But I've never been I'm I'm I just guess we just why just wired differently?
Speaker 2: I am because those but that that money out there with with Rogan God and and and and and Alex Cooper, Alex Cooper, who's your daddy?
Speaker 3: The Kelseys p Matt. Okay, that shepherd, he's out there. I was coming.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, look at them what they got in common? Ohoe, Hey, ma mm hmmm, I'm coming.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get it. It's out there. I know it is. Oh Joe. Now it's time for our final segment. Now it's time for Q and a Q and his age.
Speaker 5: It's coming.
Speaker 1: One thing about it and when it comes you might not know, but it will be signs.
Speaker 2: Uh add in Young Corey, what's up? Uncle Ojo? Are you guys going to air the Dallas show? Been waiting for it? Yes, tomorrow night. Uh, the show is getting aired tomorrow night. So we look forward to releasing that and let you guys said, thank you Dallas for showing up, Houston, Atlanta, everybody that showed up. Like I said, lake fall, early summer, I mean late spring, excuse me, early summer.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna probably expand it, open it up for probably somewhere between five and ten shows, and uh, definitely hope we're coming to a city near you. Alex Castino, guys, how good was the bus? I feel like he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. When he was talking about great running backs of all the time. Any good stories. I remember I played against Bus when he was with the Rams.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I caught him when he was when he was the Steelers.
Speaker 1: I think early in my career.
Speaker 2: I called. I called him early early, early in his career. He got to name the Bus for a reason. Oh yeah, he could run.
Speaker 3: Yeah you you look at you like man, that little rask fat rask ain't gonna do nothing. Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I caught him with the Rams, right, That's all I'm gonna say. I caught him with the Rams.
Speaker 3: He was like that.
Speaker 2: Uh kemper Nor, would you? Hey, Kemper, you let me down, bro Kemper, You let me die, You let oh Joe beat you.
Speaker 3: Kemper.
Speaker 2: You gotta redeem yourself, bro you gotta redeem yourself. That's all I'm gonna says.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm a spelling be champ for a reason. Man, I can't find my god damn hat though I.
Speaker 3: Know that real probably throw that thing away. Uh kemper Nor with you?
Speaker 2: You said, Oh, who's the team not named the forty nine ers that has a chance in the NFC to get to the Fuit Bowl. Packers, Lions, Rams, Eagles, Eagles, Cole Eagles, Cowboys. But I would say I would say green Bay first for me, Green Bay the Lions for sure. Now we start getting Rams, Cowboys, Eagles. But I like, I like, I like what Dan Campbell has been able to build. Uh, even though I thought he was out his damn mind when he first got that that first press coverage about hes gonna be bitingknee caps and c.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, that's it, and that's just that's the same way they planning to bite knee caps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody but the Cowboys. Damn, it's gonna be very interesting to see. We're gonna find a lot. I think the Cowboys open up on the road against Cleveland, right.
Speaker 1: Oh and listen, and that's a good test. Yeah, that god damn Cleveland defense ain't no goddamn slouch. That Cleveland defens ain't no slouch.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, now you just wrote that in the ass uh eighty eighty five and Jordia showing Dallas up. I'm a Dallas officer giving you a correct address the total Wines North Central Expressway. Will Travis Hunter win the Heisman and be a top five pick?
Speaker 5: He's gonna be. I can tell you that. Yeah, uh, the Heisman, the hesman going to a quarterback man might win that.
Speaker 3: The question is, O Joe, can they win enough games? That's not fair? I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't like that, because you can continue to perform at a very high level and you should still be able to win the Heisman even if you losing games because statistically.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, because because because those those those statue pile up, they need to impact wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I like it.
Speaker 5: Well who else is out who? Who else out there should win the Heisman?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I mean, look, it's one it's one game. Did you not see what Miller Moss did for the USC Like you said, quarterbacks? Quarterbacks gonna have forty touchdowns?
Speaker 5: O Joe?
Speaker 2: Think about Look at what Jaye Daniels did last year, look at what Caleb William did the year before. Who what player gonna gonna top that? Bright Young forty five touchdowns, four interceptions? Uh, Joe Burrow sixty touchdowns, five interceptions?
Speaker 3: Really, O Choe? Well they had Dawn just six thousand yards passing.
Speaker 5: Remember who he was throwing to now?
Speaker 3: But still so, how do you so, how do you top that?
Speaker 2: When the quarterback rows for forty five fifty touchdowns with five six interceptions, and they go nine and three.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 2: I mean it's gonna be hard for anybody other than now they mess right, then let's just say, for.
Speaker 3: The sake of argument, they go eight and four.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, and Tram has eleven twelve hundred yards receiving, he has ten touchdowns. But on defense he has you know, four picks, a couple of horse bumbles. Now he comes into plate. Now he comes into plate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know when he going top five?
Speaker 3: I know that, Oh yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Hell shit, maybe top goddamn three. Shit jum accurate. How do you and your siblings get your nicknames? And what was one of your worst rebellious moments at a kid when you grew up? In when I grew up, there was no rebellious moments.
Speaker 3: Oh no, like I.
Speaker 2: Said, all that that that eight whatever whatever illnesses that you have now that kids have now our parents beat that up at you. Oh oh he he oh, he's just you know eighty eight. When they cut your ass enough, It's amazing how all of a sudden they got your attention. You could sit down and be still. You wouldn't move and you wouldn't do it, all that crazy stuff. My uh, my grandfather gave uh uh my sister there used to be a commercial uh libby they made, they made canned vegetables Libby, Libby, Libby on the label label label, you would like it like I had on the table, table table, And she would always say that, and my grandfather they started calling the Libby. My brother got the nickname Spank, and my grandfather gave him that, gave him the nickname Spanky.
Speaker 3: I don't know how he got it, but he had that name before I was even born. So uh and so.
Speaker 2: That's why, I mean, most of us, you know, got an aunt named Punkin, got one name top. So it's like if you're in the South, you gotta you're gonna get a nickname if you from the South. And I think that's where I got it from. Gave a lot of my teammates nickname. You gonna get nicknamed, and they're gonna stick. And no matter, I mean, you get called somebody the nickname so much you forget their real name name. Because of me and Bucket be talking sometimes, but me and Burns and they were like man, such and such.
Speaker 3: I was like, who what was it? What I said, what do we call him in school? What was his nickname?
Speaker 2: Or what do we call him on the team? Cause you I don't forgot I'm the call so I don't call him so many time. Hell, I don't call Bucket for the last thirty years. I sometimes forget that his name is Darryl. Right, But yeah, I mean, if you're from the South, you're gonna get a nickname and uh a more time than not. It's gonna stick. It's it's gonna stick. Uh, Doctor Frank L. Bella mean love the Looney Tune. Sure, if you guys had to compare yourself to any Looney Tunes character, who would you pick?
Speaker 1: And why I'm Pepper and Pew. I don't even know if pepel and Pew is a Looney Tune character, but i'm him because I love love. I love love, and I love Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you gotta tell you gotta chase after what you want. I'm trying to think, Yeah, Pepper, Pipper, I love you, my me, come here.
Speaker 3: I want to be your saying.
Speaker 5: What Sam, I'm trying. You'll be the You'll be the Tasmanian devil. Yeah, Yeah, you'll be.
Speaker 2: The cayot because they'd be killing him. He'd be dropping amble. I don't know how you lie.
Speaker 3: They'll drop so many ambles on his head. Bull do that man terrible?
Speaker 1: Every every time, I'm trying to think your simity, Sam is that's a that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Emma, I'm trying to think Elma Elma Fudd always had a shotgun.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, with the little the two little lass had on his head. Yeah, we got a big ball head with that little ass had, I could be fall horn leg horn. I say boy, I say boy.
Speaker 5: Oh okay okayoka, okay, okay. Yeah, the rooster. That's a good one. That's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Oh, Joe, I know you didn't see this.
Speaker 2: According to report, a man from San Diego ran one hundred miles to his girlfriend's front door.
Speaker 3: Aaron Green, who began running marathons just.
Speaker 2: Two years ago, came up with a crazy idea to run from his home in San Diego to his girlfriend place in La The entire track took thirty two hours.
Speaker 3: Would you go? Would you run one hundred miles to your girl to your partner's house? Hell Na? Shit?
Speaker 1: Now, especially a hunter goddamn mouse. I don't care if I am a goddamn marathon runner, Absolutely not. I want to take the shortest route possible, a hundred miles.
Speaker 5: And listen, listen.
Speaker 1: I you know what, sometimes when you're in love, you do certain things, and when you're in love, you do things you would never.
Speaker 5: Do if you wasn't. And that's one.
Speaker 1: I'm running a goddamn hunted, goddamn miles, but listen, it's.
Speaker 5: A part of what he does. I'm assuming.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming he's a marathon runner, because ain't nobody else in their right mind would do that.
Speaker 5: But it's romantic. I think that's cute for him.
Speaker 3: For them. Got me? Hell nah, you're working with a mosster be.
Speaker 5: In, shouldn't me?
Speaker 1: I'm okay, I don't. I don't care what kind of monkey she got. I ain't running no goddamn hundred.
Speaker 2: Miles, Oh Joe, I ain't driving a hundred miles. You know, girlfriend house, you know you know what?
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't even talk shit. Hold on now, let me, let me, let me, let me, let me back up, Let me back up, because I take that drive in the beginning when I first met I ain't even saying the name because we have beefing.
Speaker 5: I would drive. I would drive into Tampa. At Tampa.
Speaker 1: At the beginning, we were alternating, going back and forth. No, so I'm trying to think that's the two that's a two hour and third.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 2: Now I did say I have a driven great lips. Oh okay, I'm just saying you don't you know what I'm talking about. Okay, okay, I got you, but not now. I got you not now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got over my back. My back start to bother.
Speaker 2: If I sit down too long, right right, right right, I got about I got thirty forty minutes max. Anything over that. If they got an airport, I'm flying. When I lived in La I flew to San Diego. I live in Atlanta. I fly to Savannah. Right, I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I can't. Hey, no, shir mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: I know it's funny. I'm sitting here talking shit.
Speaker 1: I have never done road trips until that individual came into my life and.
Speaker 5: I thought about it.
Speaker 1: I looked at the GPS, but damn from here, Tampa Boom. I passed for a Pierce, okay, passed fort Mayas. Then I only got an hour and forty minutes. You know, I could do that, and I started enjoying hitting alligated alley. I started starting to enjoying it. I stopped, get me a cigar, and get me give me a coffee, take that drive, put on some Sonatra, put on some eighties nineties old school R and B old school music, and just.
Speaker 5: Take that drive and just vibe.
Speaker 1: And then like I had done it so long and been doing it back and forth, you know, it's like, you know, it became almost a habit and routine where it didn't even matter.
Speaker 5: I didn't even realize how long it took.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be a couple of time, made the trip Tampa. I go to Tampa myself.
Speaker 5: Oh joke, okay, understand joke, Okay, we're on the same if A nine I.
Speaker 3: Was, I was younger. Though I was younger, I was in my teens, I was in my early twenties. I ain't no no better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I ain't doing it no more. I didn't got you now. I done got you now. And I and I got and I got my angels up out of you too. I ain't driving them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like oh oh oh yeah, but you know, I didn't put the bottle. Put a couple of bottle to.
Speaker 1: Bed Tallahassi albull you though, Yeah, ro trippy, I like it.
Speaker 2: Lady Ray said, Hey guys, if you guys could have a cameo in any show or moving past the present, what would it be?
Speaker 5: Colombo? I want to be in a Colombo. I want to be in Colombo.
Speaker 3: I what TV show would I want?
Speaker 5: I love well, I love me some Colombo boy.
Speaker 1: I done watched it two hundred and thirty seven million times, and it's just like watching Martin if it's on, I'm watching and I'm laughing, I'm laughing, I'm excited like I never saw it before.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: I want to be in somewhere with life, Harlem Night something like that, because I laughed. That'll be dope, because I I know them people want to run me up at the movie with Harlem Knights is life. I know they want to run me up at the movie.
Speaker 5: You're rolling on what because.
Speaker 2: You know how like in a movie like that, everybody's laughing so much, you miss a lot of it because they talking and the people are still laughing and they're still telling funny stuff. Same thing with nothing, professor. So I ended up having I bought, I bought the I went and saw it in the theaters, probably like Life and Harlem Knights, probably like ten times. And then I went I went to a Madene when I knew like nobody was in there, just me. Man, them people probably thought like forty people in there. I was laughing so hard, it's so loud.
Speaker 5: Well, Life is a classic, I don't. I don't think.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure who the directors were, but these movies are iconic no matter what you're doing, no matter where you catch them. In the middle of the movie, if you're flipping channels, you're gonna stop and watch Harlem Knights, Life and Coming to America.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ain't nothing like them.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: A same thing with Friday Friday though Friday too. I don't care what it is. You know another movie I'll be watching like that, don't Joe. Players Club?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a good one, back, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't put Players Club up there with those those three iconic films, though. Players Club is good, but Life, Coming to America and Harlem Knights is it's it's in a class of its own.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: You got I mean it's Harlem Knights. You got some of the greatest comedians of all time.
Speaker 1: You got Harris, you got Robin Harris, Red fox Headie Murphy, Rich Prior's about Legends.
Speaker 3: How could it not be?
Speaker 5: Dela Reice, Yeah, Dela Reice. It was so well written too at that so y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a that's my thing.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite on Shannon Sharp. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button, and please make sure you go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. And remember all subscribers matter. You matter, and thank you for helping us matter. He's your favorite Number eighty five or rot Runner Extraordinary. He is a Bengals legend, Ring of Fame artery, a pro bowler, a all pro from Liberty City. He's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you go get a Battle of Shade by Laportier. If we don't have it in a state or a city near you, you can order and we'll ship it right to your door. We take it orders now and we have it in stock. Please go follow my media company page on all platforms that's Shayshape Media and my clothing company eighty four. That's eighty four spelled out. It's penned the the linc is penned at the top of the chat. Everything is currently twenty percent off. The Dallas Show Remember drops tomorrow at seven pm Pacific, that's ten Eastern. The number ten Florida State Seminoles loses their second consecutive game, this time at home to Boston College twenty eight twenty three. They're zero to two and DJ struggles. So thank you for joining us for nightcap. I'm up, He's Oho. We'll see you Thursday after Ravens Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Let's go lamar v