Speaker 1: Also media.
Speaker 2: Oh man, welcome back to behind the Bastards. All of you beautiful people and also all of you ugly people. You know, all all people are beautiful, except for I just kind of said that. I didn't that they're.
Speaker 1: Not that inside and outside beauty.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, there's only one kind. There's only one kind. I'm not going to say what it is. I'm not going to say which kind of beauty, but there's only one kind. Yeah, it's elbows. I'm an elbow guy. I'm an elbow guy. Yeah, I'm starting the wiki feet of elbows. It's just a bunch of like really blurry cropped photos of like elbows of different celebrities.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, do you know there's no nerve endings in your elbow skin?
Speaker 2: That's the hottest thing about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an elbow guy and a friend in my Comparative Religions class that discovered weed and will make everybody bite his elbows the beginning of every class.
Speaker 2: And oh that that's a pervert. That's a par Oh that's an elbow pervert right there.
Speaker 3: Well, currently he's a born again meteorologist in North Carolina. So yes, that is a pervert.
Speaker 2: No, I can see why you're be scared that God is angry at you if you're that kind of pervert, Because he is, but that that makes it hotter for a lot of us. Brandy Posy, welcome back to the program. You want to plug anything at the top before we get too deep into elbows?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, before we get elbow deep.
Speaker 2: Bowen, bowen with Robert and Brandy getting a damn Mayby.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I run a comedy record label. It's called Burn This Record. We seekul to create like equity between our artists in a way that most comedy labels don't. I have put out seventeen albums. Last year was our first year. This year we have about fifteen.
Speaker 1: It's digital only. And everybody is.
Speaker 3: Funny but a good person, which is a ven diagram that I wish more people in comedy paid attention.
Speaker 2: Yes, well I think that's awesome. Uh So check that out everybody, and uh let's let's get Are you ready to get back into this story, into these aliens and spooks? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, speaking of bows, Richard Dody probably doesn't have nice elbows. He's our Air Force Office of Special Investigations.
Speaker 4: When you said, I was like, are we talking for your hair?
Speaker 1: Are we talking? Are we talking speakers? Are we talking? There's so many bows? Does he have no bows? No? No, no partners, what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: You know what? Speaking of bows? I will let pee. This is just yesterday I wound up just because of it happened as I was driving, like responding to a three car crash, and there was a young woman in the middle car who was the only one who was hurt. And she was hurt because she had a beret in like the back.
Speaker 4: Of her for for claw yeah, which is a no go.
Speaker 2: Anyway, don't wear those in the car a car.
Speaker 1: Do your hairs, bringing.
Speaker 4: Your claw clip in the car, but do not wear it while you're while you're in the car, because it would.
Speaker 1: You bad bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I have a friend that is her sister's an ear nurse, and when she gets in her car, her whole back seat is full of those claws because when it gets in her car and she throws it, she just takes it out in the back seat because the number one thing that she sees and hear her r room is that in women's skulls from the car accidents.
Speaker 2: So thankfully, this lady seemed fine, I do like.
Speaker 4: You're saying barett the way you said it so surgical.
Speaker 2: I thought that's what it was called. I thought that's what it was.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong, but you're also wrong anyway.
Speaker 2: Don't don't wear those. And also, if you're ever in a car accident and your head is hurt in any way, shape or form, go get checked out by a professional. Don't just assume it's okay. You don't want to wind up like that famous guy's wife. No. Yeah, one brain saying that to be wasn't saying that to be flippant. It's a real problem. Yes, go to the doctor. So let's talk about fucking UFOs and a guy who didn't go to the doctor. Maybe enough, or maybe went too much. I don't know. Richard Doty was born sometime around the immediate post war period. He is. I haven't actually run into his exact and that said, I didn't like go super hardcore digging into it. His father and his uncle, Edward were his chief influences growing up, and both were military men. This guy is kind of, you know, an I think, a like mid boomer something like that. And his uncle Edward had been a career officer and meteorologist. In nineteen forty seven, he'd been made chief of an Air Force weather research station working on something called the Atmospheric Divergence Project. Now, decades later, because Richard dody is not just the guy who's going to like spread a bunch of lies to Paul Benowitz that helps drive him mad, he also becomes like an alien influencer, claiming that like, oh no, I actually did also see real aliens, guys, and you can totally trust me. I know that. Like my whole thing is, I lied to a guy about aliens for years, but also you can trust me when I tell you about aliens that I saw.
Speaker 1: Ye, yeah, yeah, I lied because I also tell the truth.
Speaker 2: Yes, how exactly exactly now that I'm out, you can trust me. So Richard Dodie, the spook and liar kind of guy has in kind of modern interviews, tells viewers that the atmospheric divergence project his uncle worked on was an attempt to quote change or neutralize gravity around a rocket to aid in space travel. Now, I haven't found the exact details and the specific project his uncle worked on, but I don't think this is true because while I did not find the reports on that project. I did spend way too much of my research time reading through an Air Force handbook on meteorological techniques and atmospheric divergence impacts the growth of systems in a bunch of ways that are obviously relevant to an Air Force meteorologist and not at all involved with fucking up gravity for space travel. Right, this sounds like a normal meteorologist thing to do. Richard is a tall tail spinner, right, yes, yeah, yeah yeah. And one of the issues with my sources because the two of them, I've got a bunch of articles in here that you can you can find. But there's also two books that I read for this. One is Saucerged, Spooks and Kooks by Adam go Rightly and one is Project Beta by Greg Bishop. Both of them are very entertaining. I think Greg's book, Project Beta is the better book. Both of these guys also believe in stuff I don't particularly Bishop, while I think he because I've caught there's some stuff in go Rightley's book that I caught that's just not factually just slips out that he slipped up on. I think Bishop is more familiar with the subculture. But also Bishop definitely believes a bunch of shit. I don't. And he's you can tell he kind of is excited at like talking with these spooks and spies, and I think he gives them a lot more credit than he ought to.
Speaker 1: Oh god, and he's caught up on the romance of it all. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he is not in a way that I think makes his basic conclusions wrong or his book not worth reading. Again, I think it's actually quite worth reading. It's quite a good book, and I think he's a good writer. I just don't I'm not sympatico with him on all of the conclusions he comes to about these guys. I don't mean that as an insult to the man, because again I liked his book a lot so, but that is an issue when it comes to like trying to figure out shit here right, and in Project Beta, Bishop does do about like the best of any of them at kind of questioning Dody by saying, perhaps this had something to do with weather control, or maybe it was something more prosaic, and like it didn't. It wasn't rather control their gravity. It was just studying how this thing that affects meteorological forecasts work. Very normal thing for a meteorologists to do anyway, Doty joined the Air Force as a young man, just like his Paul and uncle and per Bishop. He entered in nineteen sixty eight as a combat security policeman. Dody would later claim he was quote tested and tracked throughout his career to become a base security guard and then a special agent for FOC, the Air Force Office of Special Investigations. Now that's how Dody tells the story, and I don't think he's I don't. I think that's very silly because I'm not an expert on this, but I've known a number of people who were in different military intelligence roles, and I will tell you one thing that is very consistent. Base security guard is not a job that you are scouted for your entire career, right, Like it's kind of a shit gig actually, Like nobody likes base security and it's not really what most kids join wanting to do with their lives, right.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's a cast step above base janitor. But like also the same kind of Yeah, I'm not a smirch either job necessarily, but also like you're not security.
Speaker 2: I'll smirch it some. I'm smirching a little here.
Speaker 1: Just a scooch of smirch.
Speaker 2: We'll take it, yeah, yeah, yeah, And Dotie really wants people to believe that he was like he was scouted by the Air Force because like, we need to go we can trust to do security for our very secret, very real alien projects, and like wow, we we noted from the beginning of his time in the Air Force that he had something special, right, And that's the way he talks about his backgrounds.
Speaker 1: Very observative report but with aliens.
Speaker 2: Says yes, yes, and you know, a FOC is more prestigious than base security. He eventually does, you know, he's a special agent. He's a sergeant, but he's also a special agent for this and that is like a more prestigious role. But also his job with an a FOCY isn't the most prestigious thing because other members of that agency are literally this is like the time that he's in is one of like the high points for like spy shit anywhere in the WORL like history. Right, other guys and a FOC are locked in life and death spy battles with like fucking got some of the best spies on planet Earth, right, you know you've got the foreign you know, Russian and Chinese agents. Like there's there's some really interesting shit going on here. Dodie's job during this like great international game is to light of people who believe they'd been molested by Martians. So he doesn't have the sexiest job within this sort of field, right.
Speaker 3: Not quite espionage James Bond.
Speaker 2: You know, there are some guys in a foc doing some really like you talk about the ethics of it, but like interesting spy shit. He's I mean, it is interesting, but not in the same way I'd like to see his Bond movie though I would like for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this, this low rent Bond is definitely a movie that I'd be into.
Speaker 2: That's kind of the premise of the Slow Horses TV show, right, which which does have one the commissioner Gordon's in it, and he's great. Yeah, hey the show. I have mixed opinions on it, but he's always always a charm. The originals, well, not the original, the one from the Nolan movies. I forget his name, Gary Oldman. So Doty today claims that right after basic training, and again this is also bullshit, he was taken to a room and shown footage of UFOs and like I don't believe that if there are aliens that the government has evidence of, obviously there's some people that they led into that secret within military intelligence. It's not going to be anyone who just finished basic because you know who can finish basic training almost anyone.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, hey, eighteen year old, about a frontal lobe that is fully firmed.
Speaker 1: You want to see aliens right now?
Speaker 3: Like unless when't fuck with you specifically, maybe, but like not a like an official constructive capacity for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, guy whose primary hobby is getting blackout drunk every single night of the week, Let's let's show you an alien video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: In all those push ups you did, Guess what, here's also aliens.
Speaker 1: You passed the test.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now, this is generally described as a test, and I think that's how like Bishop describes it in his book, is that Doty is being tested to see who, or at least Dotie claims he was being tested to see, you know, if he could be trusted with more detailed info about extraterrestrials. So I guess there's a possibility that maybe something like this did happen and it wasn't real aliens, but it was just like let's show a bunch of guys alien footage and like, see who leaks it? Right that they saw something? You know, see who we can trust? Stuff? Like I don't think even then, I kind of doubt it because they weren't really doing that to guys who just finished Basic. But shit like that is happening within different kind of intelligence agencies, and it's not just aliens they lie about. The disinfo is given out to people during this period of time in different intel roles just to see if they can be trusted, right, Like, that's a thing that happens. Dody also claims that he served as a guard at Area fifty one, where he saw a UFO. Now again, Area fifty one is a real base. They are really try doing experimental shit with planes there. This could be true, and in fact, the story he tells might might be true, but not in a way he wants you to think, because he claims while he's there he sees them wheeling out this huge black disc that's some sort of craft that they're trying to get into the atmosphere that they like launch and it doesn't look like anything he's ever seen, and his commanding officer takes him aside, right, because he sees dodies fascinated in this. And here's the conversation that is related in the book Project Beta Airman, Dody, do you know what that craft was, asked the officer. No, sir, that's what is generally known as a UFO, and it's not one of ours. It's on loan, yes, sir. Someday, if you play your cards right, you will learn know a lot more. But for now, you are to tell no one about this and you are not to discuss it with anyone. Is that clear? Dodi never talked about it again, And first off, obviously he did. You you're telling us this story.
Speaker 3: So from reading it in a book that's definitely been recounted several times.
Speaker 2: But also Pieri, Yeah, that could be basically true and have nothing to do with aliens. He could have been on guard duty seen a weird craft that maybe like it was a fucking French or Canadian thing that like we were doing tests on, right, So it's on loan, and his boss is just kind of like, hey, you know, maybe if you play your cards right, you'll you'll get we'll trust you with more stuff, right, And I don't know, I don't know if Dodie actually gets much more trust. But this could be largely accurate, although I don't think that's likely. Yeah yeah, that said, like there's evidence he is working. He probably he definitely does see experimental craft through his job for FOC later in his career, because he's working at bases where they're doing that. That doesn't mean that he's told what it all is because they they silo that info. Even if it's your job to stop people from finding out about these programs, you may not be told much about them because it's a need to know a thing, and you don't. Right, you need to stop people from filming the weird craft. You don't need to know how it works. You don't need to know what it is, right.
Speaker 1: Like no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: They don't want curious people working on like lower levels of this stuff at all, Like they're not. No, they want you to just come in and be like, my job is to do this and then have blinders up to everything.
Speaker 2: I didn't see shit. This is why I've been saying this for years. The government should have all of its security done by street level drug dealers. You know, those guys can keep their fucking mouth shut.
Speaker 3: You know, absolutely no snitches, exactly exactly Area fifty one, all security provided by coke dealers.
Speaker 2: Just don't give me any coke. Then they talk about everything. Yeah, yeah, that came from sober. Otherwise it ends very badly.
Speaker 1: Oh man, what a fun place. Just a bunch of sober coke dealers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a bunch of sober coke dealers at Area fifty one. This is going to end well. So there's evidence that a lot of you know, Dody is a credulous guy. He does come to at least he will claim to believe in this. He might just be fucking with everybody. I don't really know, but a lot of guys in his kind of level, in different intel agencies are believers themselves, right so at any rate, Doty claims that his chief mentor in spy shit was a guy named Seelely Howard, a former insurance salesman. According to Dotie, he gave him this sage advice early in his spook career. There are three sorts of people you will be dealing with. The First are the ones who will believe anything you say. The second are those who will, at least at first refuse to believe you. The last is the group who won't believe you at first but might be willing to be convinced. And what I find interesting about that is those last two groups are the same group of people. Yes, people who don't believe you at first, but you can make them believe you. I don't see the difference.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, no, one is just on a longer timeline. And yeah, even baba, yeah yeah, yeah. Sure.
Speaker 2: So as soon as Paul Benowitz called the Air Force with results of his surveillance, they knew they might have a problem. The Air Force Office of Special Investigations very quickly became concerned that Paul Benowitz had stumbled onto his secret laser based tracking system located in Kirtland. At least that's one of the things he might have stumbled on. Greg Bishop, who wrote Project Beta, noted that these transmissions sounded like Jibrish language that had been distorted and sped up, or to a true believer like Paul, they sounded like alien's speech. Edwards, chief of Kurtland based Security, had previously described Doty to a friend at the NSA as his drug man. And so that's less cool than it sounds. As Greg Bishop writes, the duty simply involved checking for allegations of illegal drug use on the base, but it was only one of aged Dotey's minor assignments. The FOC has jurisdiction over all criminal and security investigations at Air Force facilities. Most FOC agents must carry a high security clearance. Agents need to know what they are protecting so that security threats can be recognized quickly. Benowitz carefully described to Doty what he had seen and recorded, all while trying to keep what he really thought was going on to himself for the moment. And this is where I think Bishop is too credulous because again think back to Roswell, the first guy, Like they don't tell the people who are looking and responding to that crashed balloon that Project Mogul exists. It's very common for these guys not to be in the loop about stuff, right, especially since he's just a sergeant, you know, like he's not a super high level guy here. That said, Dody is kind of sent to talk to Bennowitz, and he's like, hey, you know, why don't you come to the base and we can talk about your research. And so Paul heads to the base and he shows Dody what he's got, and Dody is initially kind of you know, bored, and then he perks up when Paul starts to show him his radio array. He returns to the base to talk with some NSA colleagues about being bringing an expert out to Paul's home to see what he built. So he visits Paul at his house, and this time with an actual like like scientist in tow and another engineer, a guy named Lou Miles. And the fact that Paul has now been invited to the base to talk He's had, you know, a guy come over to his house from Air Force intelligence. Paul is like takes this as evidence that like, I'm on the right track and the Air Force supports me. I'm now kind of helping looking, helping the Air Force find evidence that there's aliens. You know, I kind of got my ex files job because they think I'm so cool and smart. Buddy.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: It's really sick because he's just trying to.
Speaker 1: Help, you know, yeah, I no, he is just trying.
Speaker 2: He just wants to keep his country safe of a threat. You are oh no, my man, No, not at all. So the expert Doughtie brings to Paul's home is Lou Miles. Like Valdez, that State trooper. Miles was a guy who wanted to believe. He had been involved to an extent with Project Blue Book, which was like a multi year Air Force investigation into UFOs. It's one of the big seminal moments in early UFO history, right yeah, yeah. It was also now the chief scientist for Kirtland's Test Center, so he knew the reality behind a lot of the strange aerial phenomena that guys like Paul credited to aliens. So he's both like open to believing, but also like, oh, but I know that I know what you're actually seeing, and it's not aliens. It's this thing that we're working on. Nevertheless, he was good at talking to Benowitz while Dodie hung back and took photos with a hidden camera for the NSSA, who is also involved in this. It's kind of murky exactly where a FOC begins and the NSA ends, and like there's some evidence the CIA is also gets involved. There's like a lot of people are kind of interested in what Paul is doing, but no one's interested in Paul's evidence of alien interference. They're again worried about, like interested is whether or not he's actually like gotten any encrypted shit. And they also think he might be useful because being an actually brilliant engineer working in the aerospace industry and someone who goes to these UFO conventions, he's kind of trusted within the UFO community. So if they want to get a lot of people to like pay attention to something other than the real shady shit they're doing at Kirtland, he might be able to convince them, right, he might be able to distract attention away from the real shit that being done that they want to hide. So yeah. For the next year, Paul waits for updates from the military and he continues his special interest exploring extraterrestrial phenomena. In May of the next year, in nineteen eighty, a twenty six year old woman named Myrna Hansen called the state police to claim that she and her six year old had been accosted by alien visitors near Eagle Nest, New Mexico. The state troopers basically shrugged and handed the case over to the only cop they knew who dial dealt with this sort of shit, Gabe Valdez. If I'm remembering correctly. I believe Valdez's attitude is that Myrna was probably a plant. That's not clear to me. Again, a lot of sketchy shit's going on here.
Speaker 1: Immediately doesn't trust the woman, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, but also this kind of shit go on, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also is a man, the six year old fucking with me?
Speaker 2: Right? Right? So Gabe calls our boy Paul and they go off to meet Myrna. Now, by the start of the eighties, the science of hypnotic regrets, which is not really a science, had taken off among people who believed or wanted to believe that they had been abducted by aliens.
Speaker 3: Right, So let me turn you into a chicken first and then tell me if you saw the aliens or not.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I'm going to I'm going to hypnotize you and then walk you like say, a bunch of leading things that get you to tell a fun alien story.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, a lot of this stuff is some similar shit's happening with like the Satanic panic. We're just into the idea. I mean, there's a lot of this in the X files, right, this idea that people have memories locked away that this psychologist or psychiatrist who definitely doesn't ever wind up fucking his patients can unlock.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people aren't like cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people aren't susceptible to being influenced to say things to write please somebody either.
Speaker 2: Yes, whatsoever? Yeah, speaking of things that aren't sketchy. Sponsors of this podcast never never, they would never do anything illegal. Although we did just find out out that what's that food box company has child labor.
Speaker 1: So which I'd be curious.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Sophie, which one was it.
Speaker 1: I don't remember one of them.
Speaker 2: Anyway, here's the ads. We're back. Sponsors love that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's what that's their problem for going dynamic.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. So Gabe called our boy Paul, and off they went to meet Myrna Benowitz, who is working for that civilian organizement, not working for but is like one of the head guys at APRO, that civilian looking into the UFO things, and like is also working with this actual sheriff's deputy. UH partners. He and and Gabe partner with a University of Wyoming professor who's who's an ex a quote unquote expert in hypnotic regression. And this guy's name is literally doctor Leo Sprinkle. Fuck yeah, great soup, what a seam, great stuff.
Speaker 1: Man, good on adulthood.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's a situation.
Speaker 3: Leonardo Sprinkle, No, Leonardo Sprinkle, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck me. So in his books Saucer, Spooks and Cooks, Adam Go rightly summarizes Benowitz. By this time had convinced himself that the ETS were transmitting a mind control beam to repress my Myrna Hansen's memories. Benowitz believed that the ETS were likely beaming him in an attempt to disrupt his ongoing UFO probe. To thwart this extraterrestrial electronic harassment, Benowitz arranged for Hanson's regression to take place in his nineteen seventy nine Lincoln town car with multiple sheets of aluminum foil draped over the windows to deflect the dreaded alien beams. Benowitz connected these perceived beams to cattle mutilations. It's so cool, I love this ship. Who's fucking wrapping his car intend for the aliens are blocking her memory with the beams. He's married, right, Oh yeah, he's got a wife and she is a long suffering. I don't know much about her, but a saint, I'll say that much. No, a lot.
Speaker 1: I know the power of disassociation. This woman is capable of.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's like, honey, I need the car to go to the grocery shore.
Speaker 1: No, I have to go interview this woman. I got the aluminum cable foil.
Speaker 2: You get that tenfoil out?
Speaker 1: We need it for the potatoes tonight. Absolutely not. I needed to protect us from aliens.
Speaker 2: And again he's he's been talking to Dody for months at this point, and Doty is kind of just like every he's yes, ending everything Paul says, right, like, oh yeah, that sounds real, Paul, Yeah, definitely, Oh yeah, No, No, aluminum foil, great idea, man, Yeah, absolutely so.
Speaker 3: Is this where lubinum foil comes from? Is this like the the origin of that?
Speaker 1: Like this will block waves.
Speaker 2: Part of it? Yeah. I don't know that Paul is the only guy who starts it, but this is like he is on the ground floor of the aluminum foil will stop the aliens from reading your mind thing? Yes, that's definitely fair to say he's among the because he's very influential in this culture.
Speaker 1: Tests Yeah, Yeah, so we.
Speaker 2: Can see at this point he's already kind of starting to go over the edge. Right, Paul begins writing analysis of Mirna's hypnotic regression regression sessions replete with lines like the alien does all caps kill with the beam, generally kill with a beam?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where bodies? Where bodies?
Speaker 2: Okay, Paul, Now the reality is that Hanson had just brought up a bunch of existent UFO lore during her sessions. Right, she complained about missing time, She described being picked up in a tractor beam. She claimed an alien crewman had brandished a silver knife before cutting into a cow's chest, and she eventually described being taken to an underground base where a metallic device was put inside her brain. Now, this is part of why there's some theorizing that like maybe she was a plant. Is This is when, and Paul is the guy who really does more than anyone to start this. This is when you start getting these these UFO conspiracies about underground bases. And they're usually either like bases that are our military shares with the aliens, or maybe the aliens run the base. You know, there's some stories about them having fights with the army and whatnot. And these bases underground. But the real thing behind this is that a bunch of people in Albuquerque had watched and like this is something that Paul would have seen from his house as the Air Force dug this massive underground nuclear storage space, like the largest weapons underground weapons storage base ever or at least at that point in time. And so people are like wondering, what's this really for? And the answer is pretty evil, Like it's for nukes. But yeah, nukes, Yeah, they There's a lot of theories as to why so. Hanson also claimed Perbinowitz that she had picked up an STD described as a vaginal disease like strepto coxy bacillas from the aliens. Paul wrote to his colleagues at the Volunteer Alien Hunting Group that quote, we are trying to culture it, no luck as yet. Also, it has evaded all of our known antibiotics with penicillin.
Speaker 1: Damn, nobody's doing sex at on these aliens. That's the problem. I got to learn to wrap it up what it is.
Speaker 2: You got to wrap it up, though, Paul, you are an electrical engineer. I don't think that you are qualified to say that it's an unlike it can't be like it's it's a it's got to be an alien STD. Maybe it's a normal one. Maybe it's just a normal one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not.
Speaker 2: A doctor, Paul. You should first off, you should be given this late antibiotics. Paul, you're you're not a doctor, You're really so. He also revealed that MYRNA was being quote badly beaten on by the alien with their beams twenty four hours a day, and once Murna starts talking to him about how she's just constantly being beam attacked, Paul starts to believe that he too is being beaten on with beams, and he urges his colleagues, who plan to do regression work, to lock themselves in a car in a garage coated with three layers of aluminum foil to protect themselves from the beams. He's doing well, is what you say. At this point. He's doing great, our boy, Paul, very very healthy and making rational choices.
Speaker 1: Fall You've fallen so far. You were doing so good, buddy.
Speaker 2: So Dody is occasionally checking in with Paul, but he's also spending the intervening months, you know, seventy nine early nineteen eighty working on another Mark. And this guy is a journalist or a quote unquote journalist, depending on how you see it, with a reputation for he is considered to be one of the more rigorous guys within the UFO community. By the UFO community. Take of that what you will. His name is George Moore, at least that's how he's described in Project Beta. But also the author Project Beta really likes this guy, like impressed by him. So I don't feel the same way about more Go. Rightley's narrative makes him out to be like less more of like one of an interchangeable number of UFO kind of weirdos, although one who is you know, reached out to by the government to spread dis info and more claims that like he's down with this, right. And the reason we're talking about him is that he is the co author of that book, that first big book that gets like UFOs back in vogue. Right, he's interviewing that guy from Roswell. He's one of the guys who helps make Roswell into like the thing that it is in our culture. Right, He's written a bunch of other stuff. You know, he's a very influential figure within this field. And that inspires Dody and a colleague to approach him. In July of nineteen eighty, Jim Lorenzen of APRO receives a letter with no return address claiming to tell the story of an eighteen year old Civil Air Porce troll member who had cited a UFO and then been threatened by a man in black named mister Huck. The young man had reported this to a mister Dobie at AFOCI, right, that's the Air Force, that's Dodie's agency. So Lawrence gets this letter and he thinks it's weird, and he sends it to Bill Mitchell, who's the best journalist he knows, and or Bill Moore, who's the best journalist he knows. And Moore is immediately is like, oh, this is bullshit, and he knows it because he does some actual journalism. Like he reaches out to the named witness and then witnesses like, well, yeah, I saw some like weird lights, but I never was I was never threatened by a man in black, Like none of the rest of this is real.
Speaker 1: Man. The tiniest amount of journalism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really, that's all.
Speaker 7: It takes a lot of Yeah, I just double check. This'll literally just ask this guy if this happened. The letter was actually the creation of Dodie and his colleagues at AFOSI. They were hoping to rope in somebody like Bill Right, somebody smart enough to have credibility in the subculture, but also who might fall for a fake Right. They didn't succeed in tricking him, but they continued fishing. In September of nineteen eighty, More finished a blockbuster book, The Roswell Incident, which is, Yeah, that's one of the things that we exnites public entrants.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So military intelligence gets very interested after this point, and while he's doing his book tour, he keeps getting calls at radio stations where like guys will be like, hey, do you want to have a meeting? You know, I'm from a government intel agency and I'd like to talk, and he is. He eventually agrees, and he's met by a man who dresses and acts very much like a spy in the movie. Now, my opinion on what's happening here is that there's some two way feedback. More desperately wants to be a journalist working on classified fringe like X files kind of stories, right, and he wants to feel like he's part of this great game of spies and spooks. Now the spooks he's talking to, these are real spies, but they're not the high level operators working to unearth, you know, Russian nuclear secrets or doing the fucking cool shit that they make movies about. There are some enlisted guys at the Air Force, mostly tasked with lying to Rubes to cover up flight testing, right, and they here's the thing, this is like a two way street because they also want to feel like they're doing cool spy shit, right, and so Doty and George more part of what they're both doing because they're both much more rational than Paul's. At this point, they're kind of LARPing together in my opinion. You know, they're kind of like, well, Dody, I get to play like I'm this very serious man in black, and More is like, and I get to play like I'm fucking Fox Molder almost right, you know, the shows in the air at this point. But that's what they're both getting here, right, and More is offered a deal by Doty and a colleague help us out with some odd jobs. Right, we need some like deniable work that you can do and will pass you some classified UFO information, right, Oh, I see, ye got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how that yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The first dossier that Dodi and his friend hand over is bullshit. Like George again to some minor reporting and is able to figure this out from Bishop's book quote. After a few preliminaries, the question started, well, what did you discover? More threw the paper down on the table, and, trying to sound less annoyed than he actually was, replied, this whole mess is a lie. None of these people exist. The agent and Doti looked at each other and smiled, what's going on? Asked More, you passed the test, said the man, whom he would eventually refer to with the code name Falcon. Within a few years, More and his colleagues would begin to assign code names to their growing coterie of contacts so they could talk freely about developments without fear of identification if they were overheard. And you know, maybe this was a test. I think it's like there that they were like, okay, so he figured out this is bullshit. Let's just tell him that that was a test, and then, you know, stroke his ego. It helped believe the next thing we say maybe right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. We're we're in good yeap.
Speaker 3: We're finding from our side until we actually make him a believer, and he'll feel great because he's passed all these tests. So he's right, gonna start looking less and less because of how smart he believes he is.
Speaker 2: Right, and they hand him some shit and he'll admit, Like, I knew some of what I was putting out into the UFO community was bunked, but I think some of it's real too, And like he's you know, he's being a shady character here as well. Now. Unlike Paul Benowitz, George is a pretty I think a mentally resilient guy. Like he definitely is a believer to some extent, but I think he also I don't think he it takes it as seriously as Paul does. Right. I don't think this is breaking his brain. I think he's having a good time.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: My favorite story from More is that Dody and his partner apparently thought More might be gay and decided to test him by like one day when they're hanging out, they like park the car and more It's like and a bunch of men start walking past the car wearing tight pants or high heels and dresses that like fit really weird and like it doesn't seem like they would like a comfortable in And apparently this is a test because they want him to troll the gay bars of Santa Monica looking for a guy that the FOC wants for some reason.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was a slow day in the office when they came up with right, well, there's like, ah, well, we want to do something this weekend, right, all right.
Speaker 2: So Dody and his colleagues they get some of what they want out of more. Right, he launders some info into the UFO community, some of the dis info they want to distract from their real programs. But he's also not he's a little too smart, right, He's not willing to destroy himself publicly as much as was necessary for the kind of misinformation that they wanted to get out. And this is where Paul Benowitz re enters the story. It is obvious by eighty eighty one that this is a guy who was not well, but also he's respected, and he is a guy who, because of his tech acumen, might endanger some top secret operations. So the decision was basically made. It let's suck him up a little, right. Paul gets invited to give a speech at Kirtland and most of the attendees leave before he's done, but like one of them is like, uh, it's really interesting stuff, Paul, and that just lights his ego on fire. Paul so happy to hear this. He applies for air Force grants, which he does not receive, but he apparently gets an NSSA grant, and I think that's maybe the NSA fucking with him, because some real fuckery is about to happen here.
Speaker 1: Hey, I love an ironic grant.
Speaker 3: Ironic grant money still spends.
Speaker 2: It's a little more messed up than even that. So Dody is now spending hours with Paul Benowitz, and he claims that they became friends and that he found the orders he received to spread lies to Paul personally distasteful. If you watch the documentary Mirage Man, you'll see a lot of Dody, and he does express a degree of what kind of feels like real regret over what he did to Paul. He is also a spy and a professional liar, so I don't know that I believe he's really or he just knows that he needs to perform regret, right, I think that's probably likely. Yeah, So god, what do you.
Speaker 3: Think like the like the internal notes of a person that it constantly lies are like, is it just like a notebook? Is it like a series of post it's around their house? How do you keep that shit straight? It sounds exhausting?
Speaker 2: I don't you know. One of the things that you get when you like read these stories and like the way in which a lot of the writers and quote unquote journalists who cover this stuff, the degree of credulity they have to these guys stories. The thing that becomes clue to me is like, oh, this is your first time being lied to by a weirdo in the desert, Like I spent a lot of my childhood and like, oh, not childhood, my young adulthood and like off grid places just listening to like lies from dudes at bars and stuff. I've heard a lot of crazy stories that definitely aren't true, and that's a ton of fun. But I think some of these these people just like decide they want to live as if that's real. You know that's fair? Yeah? God?
Speaker 1: How many times? How many time shares do you think they own?
Speaker 2: It feels like, oh, my god, these guys are these guys are very very vulnerable to time shares. So on some of his early visits to hang with Paul, he's shown a complex computer system doty is that Benowitz had constructed and had his employees help him build to translate these encrypted messages. Right, it's unclear what's actually happening. Is he just getting random static and then like running it through an algorithm to like create text based on that, and then kind of going through it almost like it's one of those like word puzzles and just like picking up words out of a feed of words that like and then saying like, oh, this is you know, a message from the aliens, right, because some people will say, like it looked like gibberish to me, but he would pull out, you know, five or six words from this like paragraph of nonsense and say like this is the real message, right, Yeah, And this is a quote from Dodie. Benowitz had the computer rigged up to antenna's on his roof that included a small microwave dish, and he would look at the screen and there would be images on the screen that certainly wasn't an alien. But he was convinced that it was. I would actually tell him I don't see anything, and he said, I see it, and I can hear them. And he had these earphones that he would put on and he said, I can hear them talking. And I asked, Paul, what language are they speaking? He said, they're speaking their language. And he wrote one hundred page document about the alien language. When he went out to Kirtland to give his presentation to all these generals, he presented them with that information. So the NSA, and this is probably where the NSA gets heavily involved and maybe why they give him that grant, because a plan gets hatched to gift Paul with a new computer right that he's told is a gift from a FOC. Some accounts maybe Doty offered him the machine. Other the story we'll hear more often is that an Air Force consultant named doctor j Allen Heinek, who's a former scientific advisor for Project Blue Book and a big guy in the alien community. Now I think he denies this, but you'll hear that too. We don't really know exactly what happened here, because I've also heard like the NSA did it. I've heard that the Air Force did it. I don't know. Adam go Writely notes this computer had been provided at the behest of the US Air Force, and embedded in the software was a code that generated an alien language. With the aid of the Air Force computer, Benowitz claimed he established constant direct communications with the alien using a form of hex decimal code with graphics and print out. Now, man, so what's happening here? Probably is that because some versions of the story say that the NSA was literally set up across the street in a rented house, sending messages directly to Paul's computer, I think it's maybe a little less direct than that. But basically, he's got this machine that's probably programmed to allow them to send him fake messages from aliens, and so he starts getting messages like this ground Ground, Women of Earth are needed, flexible. The next just charges our ship. Women do not command the north among us. You have many friends, water very short, resist all attempts at alteration. Listen, Orange, make peace. And Paul doesn't know what to make of this. He becomes convinced, actually that this is the aliens trying to trick him into thinking that they're peaceful, but he knows they're really dangerous.
Speaker 1: He's so close. He's getting there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's getting there. Yeah. Greg Valdez, whose Gabe's son, visited Minowitz during this period and he described seeing the computer in use. He would type a question into the computer into in a very complex for the time period form of a computer program, much like a current email. Much whoever went surprised he would get an answer to the questions he was asking. Sometimes he would get an immediate response, and sometimes it would take several minutes. He would even receive very crude and basic pictures or graphics on his computer of these aliens. Some of these pictures resembled birds with reptile features, and some resembled reptiles with bird features. During this question and answer session, Gabe instructed Paul to ask the simple question where are you from? Paul already knew the answer to the question because he had already asked the question, and he answered it verbally. When a response came back on the computer, it simply said the zeta reticulized star system. So they're now really fucking with this guy in a way that's very irresponsible.
Speaker 3: I mean, who I want to know who was writing this stuff, because that's the best job on the base.
Speaker 2: That's right, maybe, Doty, it's probably a team of guy's right, Dody. There's there's, you know, some evidence he was working with the NSA, So maybe it's multiple. It's almost certainly multiple people feeding him bullshit. Yeah, but yeah, the result is that Paul grows convinced that the US government has signed a treaty with aliens, perhaps to breed some sort of hybrids, and they've been given real estate in an underground base near Dulce, New Mexico. This paid played the happy dual role of covering up ongoing weird experiments around Dulce. You know, there's that poison gas fucking hole, and diverting the attention of Paul and others away from Kirtland Air Force Base and towards somewhere less harmful, right for theirin Yeah you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, during his communications with the ETS, Paul became convinced that there was a secret war going on. Dozens of base security and Dulce had been murdered by the aliens and a gunfight. He wrote up plans to lay siege to Dulce Base and began working to develop a sort of beam weapon that could kill aliens.
Speaker 1: Now, oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now we're making beam weapons. How about it?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he was like, I better hope the aliens don't have aluminum foil.
Speaker 2: Listen, folks, if you if you have a friend who's making beam weapons to fight the underground aliens. I actually don't know how you should handle that situation, but probably don't give him a computer that lies to him.
Speaker 1: I think you got to sign him up for bowling league or something.
Speaker 2: I get him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get some more.
Speaker 2: Social tapping maybe, yeah.
Speaker 1: That social schedule a little bit, you know, and see if.
Speaker 2: He wants to play D and D. Maybe his imagination needs a little bit of a workout, you know, that.
Speaker 1: Would be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Now I have a lot of This sounds like the overarching conspiracy plot for the first like five seasons of the X Files. That's because this is almost certainly the direct inspiration for a lot of the X Files, right, Like, this is, in fact, because this is all happening in the eighties, not long before the X File starts, right. Yeah, So Benowitz, as he's communicating with these aliens, he's gathering information on this secret underground bass and this war he believes is going on underneath everyone's noses. He's sending back everything. He's getting the special agent, Dody, his good friend, and Dody dutifully forwards this up the chain and encourages Paul. Keep digging. You know, you're getting close. He's doing the deep throat thing, right. He's like, yeah, keep gigging, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so close, you're going to get there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. He's telling him that the aliens at Dulce Base had been responsible for what he'd seen over Kirtland. And he does this because he's like, oh yeah, man, you know what, I ran it up the flagpole and those that underground base. That's why you were seeing those weird lights. Don't look near the air Force base. Keep hanging out around Dulce, you know, that's where the shit's going on, right, yeah, go rightly claims. The ultimate intent of stringing Benowitz along, according to researchers like Greg Bishop and Christian Lambright, was to shift Benowitz's attention away from Kirkland to a remote area like the Archuleta Mesa your Dulce, where AFOSI could ramp up their disinformation operation and more easily stage UFO events. Speaking of stage, you know, what's not staged is the reliability of our sponsors. That's completely legitimate. You know, don't even question it, don't think about it. Hand over your credit card information, text it to me, I'll buy stuff for you, and we're back. Okay. So, near the end of nineteen eighty one, Richard Dody convinces his superiors to let him take Paul in a special helicopter flight around the Archuleta Mesa since Paul is a pilot, and they see some stuff. You know, there's some and apparently Dodi claims that he and other agents put out props right to look like air vins for the secret underground base and other evidence. Right, this is so crazy.
Speaker 3: And now there's an art director. Yeah, yeah, there's an art director.
Speaker 1: Production production.
Speaker 3: There's production meetings about like what to do to this poor man, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're having pitches and stuff yellow pitch meetings on fucking with this guy. There's a there's a prop team now, yes, oh no, so because Paul's a pilot. After this first trip, he follows this by doing his own recon flights over the area, and he gets very obsessed with this, and I have some questions. I don't know if I believe Dody entirely that like he's being handed all of the men in equipment necess to carry out a staged operation on the scale he describes. But also it's possible and in fact, maybe likely, Paul is sometimes seeing some real stuff, Like he reports seeing what he describes as a crashed Delta wing aircraft and in this area at this time, they're working on prototypes of the Stealth Bomber, which is a looks like that, and in fact Greg Bishop's project Beta, Like that's his basic conclusion is that like Paul might have seen like some of the testing stages of the prototype of like the stealth bomber, right, and maybe that was like part of what Dodie was doing was if we get this guy to talk about if we show if we let this guy see a little bit of the real stealth bomber program but convince them it's aliens, then anybody who's talking about like a Delta wing aircraft, right will be like, oh, you're just talking about a UFO, not this actual thing that we're working on.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, exactly, Let's get everybody off the scent once again.
Speaker 2: So maybe that's what's happening, or maybe it was just an easy thing to make look like a plane from the air shit like this. They do this in World War Two. A bunch we do it, and actually the Nazis do it too, where you're like make basically fake out of like wooden shit and spray paint tanks and stuff so people think there's an army where it isn't right, so oh it's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, or I'm from in Maryland.
Speaker 3: There's a fake cop car on, like one on the highway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is up just to slow you down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that shit. Now. There are other claims about what happened to Paul and his wife during this period that are more questionable. One rite up I found by the Cyberthetic project claims that Paul and his wife developed red sores or perhaps some sort of rashes on their body. I've seen that a few times. The cyber Athetic Project describes itself as a token project with a mission to unite holder so that they can communicate in an open forum on the blockchain without fear of being judged or censored. So you'd be right about questioning it. As a source that said, this is all a lot of fun. So I'm going to quote from it anyway, just you know, a lot of salt here. It has since been revealed that the NSA was in possession of sensitive documents concerning advanced technologies such as active denial systems and active denial technology. These technologies were apparently being developed by Sandia Labs and Kirk Glenn Air Force Base with the aim of producing a non lethal weapon that could be used against enemies. Were they using this technology on the Benowitz family? The answer to that is also unclear. What is clear is that Paul and his wife were being physically impacted by his research into UFOs, And that's maybe not like I don't I think probably likelier than some sort of weird beam weapon is that Paul is losing his mind and he and his wife are both very stressed out by this, yeah, and convinced that they're being targeted by aliens, and they have like shingles, a stress rash, something like all sorts of shit, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it feels like they probably would have broken out in some sort of like, yeah, stress rash of some kind, like, yes, that's fair.
Speaker 1: I have several friends from the California fires.
Speaker 3: That had them a week go right, right, Imagine prolonged experience to potential aliens for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to right, I don't think that that's it's at all unlikely that something like that is the case here. And yeah, So as he grew more obsessed with seeking out the truth, Paul's business declined, which is another reason why maybe he's dealing with some stress related problems. Ninety more office manager. Oh my god, I just need you just sign Paul. We just really need to make this censor man, could we? Okay, you've got the whole team working on translating alien speech. All right, well, I'm going to maybe print down some resumes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: In nineteen seventy eight, Thunder Scientific had thirty employees. By nineteen eighty one that the number was down by almost half. There were He starts hiding like guns and knives around his home as the nineteen eighties wore on, because he's just incredibly paranoid now, and he continues to attend UFO events throughout the mid to late nineteen eighties. His yarn about dulc, a base which was almost certainly invented or at least heavily egged on by Richard Dodi, had been a magnificent success. In nineteen eighty seven, John Lear, a prominent ufologist, stated that he had independently confirmed elements of Benowitz's story right that there's this underground base at a Dulce. Several books in the late nineteen eighties published their own variants of the story, which helped to spark a paranoid belief and secret underground alien bases that is still a significant part of qan on today. Like a lot of QAnon guys believe that there's a base under the Getty and Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: That's why I didn't barn.
Speaker 2: That's why I didn't burn. They kept it safe. That's where they keep the kids. Ye center Villa. I think it's the center either way, do a pizza gate at both places? Sophy, You know what, No, that didn't end well for that guy. There's a lot that's sad about this. But one of the worst things is that Paul had almost certainly stumbled upon a very real and y reimportant conspiracy at Kirtland see today. Kirtland Air Force Base is a major testing site for advanced drone technology, including weapons, systems to defeat drone swarms, and other experimental tech. We know that in nineteen eighty a black mystery vehicle was spotted at the base. This is right around the same time Paul is making his initial reports. So he's going to show you a picture of this mystery vehicle that is being tested at Kirkland Air Force Base when Paul is observing shit, right, it looks kind of like an SR seventy one, but it's like a drone version almost. This was apparently what now we know this was called at the time td a tdux toe target. A right up in the war zone describes it as a high speed towed aerial target to support the testing of infrared and electronic countermeasures or IRCM and ECM, respectively. Something like this would both look very weird in the sky and also might put off some of the signals that Paul was, you know, receiving right now. I don't know if this is what he saw was other stuff, because other shit is being tested at Kirtland, including precursors to our modern drone program. Right, Paul very likely came across evidence of the development of unmanned weapons systems that have gone on to kill huge numbers of people. No aliens need to be involved at all, for this to both make sense and be a real conspiracy theory. It's also very likely Duty wasn't fully in the loop as to what was being developed there, because he wouldn't need to be, and in fact, the more he believed the bullshit he was pushing on Paul, the safer the real secrets were. In nineteen eighty eight, Yep, yep, cool stuff. The drone program. It always comes back to that.
Speaker 3: Hooray, so exciting. But they make pretty firework alternatives.
Speaker 1: It's fine, it's all good stuff. Yeah, don't worry. If they can inform Steve Harvey in the sky.
Speaker 2: Yeah they can see. It's fine. They should have done that.
Speaker 1: That what the aliens love. Steve Harvey.
Speaker 2: Paul Benowitz went to the Air Force. I keep seeing Steve Harvey's face in the night sky. I don't know what's going on. In nineteen eighty eight, Paul published plans for an assault on Dulce Base, which he'd become convinced was the nexus of an alien plan to control the world. That same year, he became convinced that his wife was working with the aliens, or perhaps in control of the entire alien conspiracy. Correctly, wife, Yeah, she's really putting she's really going through it here and in this passage from go Wrightley's book, which is based on interviews with Bill Moore and Richard Dody, he describes a profoundly ill man. Both Bill Moore and Richard Dody, on separate occasions, witnessed first hand Benowitz's mounting paranoia, describing him as spun out and barricaded inside his homes, chainsmoking cigarettes, waiting in fevered anticipation for the final et showdown. In Project Beta, Greg Bishop recounted Benowitz told More that after the aliens injected him, they would make him drive his car into the desert in the middle of the night. He couldn't remember what he did after he got there. Around this time, Benowitz's family committed him to a mental health facility for nervous exhaustion. Oh man, you will sometimes hear it arrantly stated that he commits suicide as a result of this. He does not. This thankfully doesn't have as sad a story as it might. Paul gets out after about a month, and he seems to have pulled himself out of the UFO community. After this point, he and his wife stay together. They're married more than fifty years and he lives until two thousand and three, so you know, kind of a happy ending. But boy, it didn't it almost wasn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for real, man, I also shout out to the place he was committed.
Speaker 1: Apparently they did the job. Yeah, that's a serious deprogramming man.
Speaker 2: You gotta stop, you gotta stop. In the computer the NSA gave you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a computer man.
Speaker 3: Man some four door just cracked all over their knuckles and he said, all right, let's get into.
Speaker 2: It, Paul. We need to have a long conversation about things that are real and things that aren't.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: Richard Dody would eventually retire from the Air Force and spend much of his retirement and golden years doing the UFO convention circuit he came. He will say that he was hired to consult on two seasons of The X Files, and that he wrote the screenplay for an episode. He's not credited as the writer for that episode, but you know, his stuff definitely helps inspire the X Files, right like he is, he is for sure involved in what becomes the X Files purely because of like his role in UFO culture.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he wrote a script, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure he wrote a script.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of people have written scripts, and he is.
Speaker 2: He's a member of a couple of different organizations. Now, he's a very controversial figure within the UFO community because he both definitely worked for Air Force Intelligence and tells a lot of stories about seeing aliens. He claims you have literally seen them, and also admits that he lied about aliens for years to a guy who nearly lost his mind forever. I wouldn't trust him. But for an idea of how Richard Dorty presents himself, now, here's a clip from him on the New Realities YouTube channel being interviewed by a UFO ology author named Ellen Steinfield.
Speaker 6: I mean, you're no longer working for the Air Force Intelligence, right.
Speaker 2: But right, that's right.
Speaker 5: I don't work for Air Force Intelligence.
Speaker 6: Well, don't be offended by this question. But how do we know you're still not working for them? And you're just saying you're not working for them.
Speaker 5: Well, there's a lot of controversy over that. But number one, I wouldn't have any reason to I'm I left the agency, left the intelligence agency back in nineteen eighty. Although I people bring up the fact that I was brought back to active service in ninety one and ninety three. But that had nothing to do with UFOs or disinformation. It had to do with what I did in Europe when after the Wall fell. So I work as a private investigator. I have no connections official connections with the United States government or intelligence community. I do have a lot of friends that still work within the intelligence community, and they feed me a lot of information that I share with you. I mean I shared it with you at the UFO MegaCon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, I mean I think he's still and they I even found an interview where he's like talked about, like he's asked about, like because Tom DeLong of Blink one eighty two is a big guy and is involved with Dotie in one of the organizations he's in, and one of the interviews is like, are you doing a Paul Benowitz to Tom DeLong. He's like, A, of course not. I would never.
Speaker 1: I absolutely would never.
Speaker 2: I think he might be doing a Paul Benowitz on a couple of guys. Maybe that's just fun for him. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of what's the.
Speaker 3: Uh in the Tanya Hardy in the Assault of Nancy Kerrigan Hardy. Yeah, yeah, Galuuly and yeah, yeah, yeah, idiot friend, the amount bullshit that they just believe about themselves and talking about like yeah, like the other guy Eckert, he like talked about how he like was a Special Forces guy and had all this ship made.
Speaker 1: You're like, damn you believe this though.
Speaker 2: I've heard so many fun lies about being Special Forces from dudes, like especially out in like the mountains, Like every old man you meet who like will tell you about all of the crazy shit he did in Vietnam, and it's it's just always it's always nonsense, Like, yeah, I know a guy we're in the little mountaintown where I used to live who was a Seal team member during Vietnam, and his reaction is very different, which was like he handed me a book that was written about like him and his colleagues and was like, you want to know anything, just read that. I don't like talking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you've actually done any of this stuff, like it's it's not what it's it's not the movies.
Speaker 2: But it's kind of a bad time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a lot to answer.
Speaker 2: For and process didn't like it. Not not happy with how that all went.
Speaker 3: No, No, not worth the free beer to talk about Joe really.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, anyway, well that's the aliens or not. But maybe there's aliens. I don't know. This is not conclusive on that matter one way or the other. But there's definitely a bunch of spy agencies who will light to you and destroy your brain if they think it will help them hide the fact that they're making some fucked up shit to kill people in other countries.
Speaker 3: Of course, maybe the alien is inside of you, listener. The entire time, the.
Speaker 2: Real alien was always the military industrial complex.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, because you know, to find what an alien is, it's something that works against like the good of humanity.
Speaker 1: Then in that case, the government is run by aliens.
Speaker 3: I don't know who knows, who knows what's out there or in here?
Speaker 1: Apparently?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what is out there and what is in here?
Speaker 1: Are your pluggables? Brandy Bam what transition? Thanks Sophie. Yeah you can.
Speaker 3: You can find me online at Brand Dazzle on all of the platforms, including the new ones and the old ones.
Speaker 1: My podcast is called Lady.
Speaker 3: The Lady comes out every Wednesday and has been around for thirteen years. Burn this Record is my comedy label that I run where I put out amazing comedy albums and people all over the country that are.
Speaker 1: Very funny and also good people.
Speaker 3: And then I have my own album coming out on that label at the in the middle of.
Speaker 1: March, and I would love for you to buy it. That'd be amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brandy Posey dot com has all the information for all of the things. But yeah, come say hi. I if you're a fan of the show, you like me, I promise, so come on, all.
Speaker 2: Right, everybody, Well that's the episode until next time again, folks, I say this every time. Head to Kurtland air Force Face. Get a camera out and just start filming and go slowly insane, get a pilot's license, fly over some random you know, just just do some shit. You know, why not?
Speaker 1: Nothing bad could happen.
Speaker 2: Let's go into hell in a handbasket. You might as well lose your mind about some alien shit.
Speaker 3: If you want to test your relationship, go down an alien hole.
Speaker 2: See if your wife really loves you. You know, this is the only way to know. It's the only way to know.
Speaker 8: Behind the Bastards is a production of cool Zone Media. For more from cool Zone Media, visit our website Coolzonemedia dot com or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever.
Speaker 1: You get your podcasts.
Speaker 8: Behind the Bastards is now available on YouTube, new episodes every Wednesday and Friday. Subscribe to our channel YouTube dot com slash at Behind the Bastards