Speaker 1: All right, thank you Scott Shannon, and thanks to all of you for being with us. Right down our toll free telephone number if you want to be a part of the program.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been a long night.
Speaker 1: Maybe slept a couple of hours up throughout the entire night, and I can tell you the behind the scenes if you're interested.
Speaker 2: That's what we do on this program.
Speaker 1: And I spoke with a lot of senators all throughout the night, and it wasn't until about eight am, nine am this morning that word got back to me that well, let's put it this way, all throughout the night, they did not have the votes to pass this one big, beautiful bill. I mean, this is the problem that Republicans have with a small minority in the House, in the Senate. It's very tough, and you're dealing with people that all have their different agendas involved in the process.
Speaker 2: And I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I will was different and it's frustrating when we get to, you know, the point where you know the differences are, you know, for me, it was like it was sort of like go back to when I did the town hall with Speaker Johnson and House Republicans. The first thing I said to all of them on TV is you all know you're not going to get everything you want. And the first thing I did when I had the Senate town hall. John Thune was on that and Ted Cruz and a bunch of other Senator Kennedy Graham and many others, and I said, you all know you're not going to get everything that you want now, for better.
Speaker 2: Or for worse.
Speaker 1: That's just the system of governance, as imperfect as it is that we have. But with all of that said, and I will be the first to tell you, the bill is not perfect. I can tell you that the visions and policies. I've not read the entire bill because I don't have time to read a thousand pages and digest it and completely understand it. So I look through the various summaries that I've been able to see this there's plenty that I don't like here. I wish it did cut more and spending that it ended up that Ted Cruz ended up being right that the Senate version cuts more money than the House version does. And now it will make its way to the House. I believe the schedule is they're going to debate it and vote on that tomorrow. Leading into the fourth of July. But let me tell you what I do like about it. This is probably when you look at all of the bills that have ever been passed, it's they're all the same. None of this is any different than how Washington always works. It's like watching sausage get made. You don't want to watch how it gets made, but you want to eat it, and you want to take the good out of this.
Speaker 2: And then the beauty is.
Speaker 1: With the Republicans have in control of the House and Senate, there is an opportunity. I'm not putting my confidence in it. They might have just been better off doing the three smaller bills as had been proposed at one point and not gone for one big, beautiful bill. But here's where we find ourselves. And now the House is going to have to struggle with this. I assume it will be as touch and go as it was all night long with with senators. And you know, I can't stand as salt deduction, for example, drives me crazy. I would have liked to save more money. You know, I don't like you know, the state and local tax deduction. It rewards blue states that'll elect you know, tax and spend liberals and regulate everything for their constituents. Here's why that provision was included. I'll be very straight up because the Republicans that are elected officials, especially in Congress, in the House, in California, states like California, Illinois, and California, because without fighting for that, they'd have nothing to go back to their stituents and say that they were able to get out of this bill. It's very expensive. Thought. A dollar deduction for person is a lot of money. If you get to this deduct state and local taxes, that's a lot. So there are provisions here. Now, That's how the sausage is made. That's how the game is played. I don't think you know you're ever going to get representatives that are going to stand okay, I will support this and not want to put their changes in there. And they're going to they have a duty to represent those that elected them. But the legislation is packed with some of the most conservative things, especially on the economy, that really make me happy. The twenty seventeen tax cuts will be made permanent. That will be the largest tax cut now ever in American history. Democrats ended up voting against or voting for the largest tax increase in American history by not supporting it. You know, this bill does eliminate taxes on tips and taxes on overtime. Eight percent of seniors will not pay taxes on Social Security according to it an analysis we have in spite of the lies being told, every American working men and women will benefit from the Trump tax cuts and that is a fact. We'll get into more specificitaty in details in the next hour. But the bill cuts Medicaid for people who rely on it. That's another lie that's told. It's not true. The bill explodes the deficit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The problem with that mindset and that thinking is there is a believe well, if you cut taxes, you've got to pay for them. That is the main argument of here. That's what liberal Democrats always say. But it doesn't factor in the growth of the economy aspect of cutting taxes. You know, how is it Reagan dropped the top marginal rate from seventy to twenty eight percent, and revenues to the government ended up doubling, and we resulted in twenty one million new jobs and the longest period of peacetime economic growth in history. How is it the twenty seventeen. Trump tax cuts ended up creating one record low after another after another after another. Unemployment for African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, women in the workplace, in African American youth, unemployment because tax cuts increase revenue to the government, and this is a misnomer that you have to quote pay for them. What you then have to do is what Doze is doing, for example, and Doze is still in place, Elon Musk Ando Elon Musk, and they are looking and we saw this last week. They were over to identify what was at one point seven billion dollars in waste, fraud and abuse. And that also is part of this bill that they're going to be austere and putting their budgets together, and that's going to be a process that is ongoing, which I'm very happy and no administration has ever tried to tackle this before. But the largest tax cut in American history. Democrats vote for the largest tax increase in American history, helping out men and women that work in the service industry with a dominating taxes on tips and taxes and overtime. For people that work extra hard, they deserve to keep more of their money, I think is a great idea too, getting rid of getting rid of waste, fraud, and abuse of Medicaid. That's that's a win. Creating a work requirement for able bodied Americans now enrolled in the program, that's a win.
Speaker 2: You know it did.
Speaker 1: Also, this bill extends the full child tax credits standard deduction, allocates funds for Trump's Golden Dome and the next generation of weaponry. I mean, our military under Biden and Harris, you know, had been completely neglected and frankly desperately needs the monies to get to this goal. It Also, this bill is funding desperately needed border security funds and the monies to continue the deportation of criminals. Nobody been more outspoken on this issue than Tom Homan. And it will put America on a path towards energy dominance, which, by the way, we need desperately, which also will create high paying career jobs for Americans and all the wealth that comes with it because oil, gas and coal remain It's been now forever, in spite of all these attempts at other forms of energy, eighty percent of the lifeblood of the world's economy, you know, Biden e climate rules, regulations, repealed the Green tax credit, eliminated Biden's student loan scheme officially over, and the bill does not decrease Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, or Social Security benefits, although many Democrats have been demagoguing and flat out lying about it. Those earning Social Security are going to end up taking home more money thanks to a reduction in taxes. Medicare payments will increase, while Medicaid recipients are protected from fraud, waste, and abuse. It also does not increase the deficit. Instead, the deficit will go down by around well just the little Shia two trillion dollars according to estimates, but they still have a long way to go to get us to a balanced budget. There's no doubt about it. Now, this is going to benefit working class Americans. Now here's my hope. When you combine the President's tax cuts and especially for working men and women in the service industries, and working men and women in the trades, and people that get paid by the hour and they work over time and they get to keep more of their money, and you still keep in the essential services that Americans have always shown that they wanted, Medicaid, Medicare, social security of a lot of it. They have lost their original purpose. And you know, as I once warned that Obamacare was just going to funnel everybody into, you know, one of these programs as a backdoor towards universal healthcare. When you put all of that in place, then you add the ten trillion dollars in commitments that the President has gotten from countries and companies for manufacturing in this country. Ten trillion, not billion trillion in the next four years. It's great for national security. Why we're gonna now be making our pharmaceuticals here in America with the monies that are committed by a lot of the pharmaceutical companies. That means we won't be reliant on China. We've been far too reliant on foreign countries for semiconductor chips. That is coming to an end as well, as a result of the President's push for tariff and free and fair trade. That's a big benefit. Automobile manufacturing is coming back to America. All of these sectors will have high paying career jobs. Now, add one more thing to that, the President's commitment now to the country to now start production of rare earth minerals and magnets and all these other things. These components that are necessary for computers and cars and industry and especially our defense department. These are critical, critical items. And yeah, he did make a deal with China. Yeah, that's great for the short term, but we can no longer be dependent on foreign countries, frankly, for anything, as far as I'm concerned. And it's you know, and we we really did see a lot, I mean, between this and Mandani Mandani whatever, his name is, Auran Mandani, the Marxist Mandani as we call him affectionately, You see a void that this could be the party of working men and women they claimed for a long time to be, but no, they have now evolved into a radical you know, in this case, this guy is a stated Marxist. We've got new information about him today. He's now talking about seizing the means of production.
Speaker 2: Literally.
Speaker 1: Well, that's like what Fidel Castro did in Cuba. That's what they did during the Bolshevik Revolution in the former Soviet Union in Russia. You know, but Mamdani's goal is very very clear. It is a part that is institutionalized, you know, hatred against people that I never thought possible. You know, we now have the radical Squad and this is now the power base and the power brokers. This the Mom Donni's of the world, the Aocs of the world, the Jasmine Crockets of the world, the Grandpa Bernie's of the world, the Elizabeth Warrens of the world.
Speaker 2: The squad.
Speaker 1: This now represents the heart and soul of the Democratic Party. And as goes New York in California, so goes the rest of the country. And if you want the results that they have in New York and California, then my advice is go out there and vote for those policies, and you will regret them.
Speaker 2: Is it is.
Speaker 1: Beyond strange, bewildering, bizarre, and troubling to me that people are so willing to give up their freedom and the name of this false security and guaranteed everything from their government. And when you ask a simple question, what does government do right? The answer is you can't name anything except maybe the military. But even there we do waste too much money. There could be more efficiency, and I know they're working to clean that up now since Donald Trump has got elected. But most schools look at blue states and blue cities, how are their school systems doing?
Speaker 2: Not well?
Speaker 1: Spending more per capita on education per student with the worst results. How was defund dismantled, no bail laws and you know, release the criminals from jail and sending social workers Marxist when Donnie wants to do How's that going to work out?
Speaker 2: You don't have to be a genius.
Speaker 1: By the way, everyone that predicted Donald Trump was wrong on tariff, Well, Department of Homeland Security collected more than one hundred and six billion in tariff revenue since Donald Trump took office. And guess what, We're not experiencing an increase in inflation. And while Americans struggle with health care costs and it, Democrats fought to preserve free health care for illegal immigrants. The Senate Democrats moved to block efforts last night to strip you illegal immigrants of taxpayer funded benefits. They voted fifty six forty four on an amendment from John Cornyan that would have reduced federal Medicaid payments to states that offer healthcare to with legal immigrants. Why would they want to do that? Why would Kamala Harris support taxpayer funded sex change operations for illegal why did she Why did Tim Wall support free college tuition? They're being sued now by Pam Bondi anyway, eight hundred nine one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program. This will now make its way to the House, and you know there's some anger already emerging. But I think at the end of the day, they're going to go along with the president's policies, look at the overall good in it, and then maybe come back and make it better. That's my hope. All right, twenty five now to the top of the hour. Eight hundred nine four one. Shawn was on number. You know, so many dedicated first responders service members, you know, like Austin Reese, they have paid such a high price for the safety and the freedom that we take it. You know, we take for granted too often, but we enjoy. Austin served three deployments in Iraq. He learned how to skydive on the job. He became a military free fall instructor, but in what was supposed to be a routine jump, something went terribly wrong. He hit the ground at sixty five miles an hour. In that moment, his life changed forever. He broke his pelvis ankle. He sleftfered a spinal cord injury that left him paralyzed. But thanks to the generosity of friends like you and the Tunnel to Towers Foundation. Well, your generosity helped provide the Tunnel to Tarers Foundation with the money that could they could give Austin a specially adapted smart home to enable him to rebuild his life after this unimaginable hardship. And you helped Austin restore his dignity, his independence, his hope for the future. And in doing so, you honored his service in the most meaningful way. And you can help pro like Austin. Please, you know, donate generously. If you can commit to eleven dollars a month, we'll have enough money to help out every deserving VET and first responder. Go to their website the letter T, the number two, the letter T dot org. The letter T the number two, the letter T dot org for the Tunnel to Towers Foundation all the way. This is pretty interesting. There's in Big Big Pack reviews about fake new CNN. But anyway, this guy, Henry Harry Enton is pretty interesting. He gets a lot of press. I'll say that he said the President Trump now is more beloved among his party's voters than any other past Republican president in the last few decades. He has a whopping sixty three percent approval rating among Republican voters as of today. This rating is higher than other Republican presidents going back to former President Ronald Reagan, those approval ratings did not exceed sixty percent by the fifth month of their term. And he said, it's history making. We've let all these Republican presidents going back thirty six, thirty seven years, five months in, look at this. Former President George HW. Bush forty six percent, former President George W. Bush fifty nine percent. And remember he had very high ratings. You know, after nine to eleven. He did a great job rallying the nation at that point. You see in President Trump's first term it was fifty three percent. Now it's sixty three percent, and he beats all the Republicans on the board, and you know, even beats Reagan when it comes to strongly the strongly approved category five months in, and of course Reagan was coming on. You know that that was after that assassination attempt. Reagan's approval ratings stood between fifty eight and sixty percent in early July nineteen eighty one, only four months after John Hinckley Junior tried to assassinate him outside the Washington Hilton Hotel. To the bottom line is Trump is really making history with the Republican base.
Speaker 2: And very beloved right now.
Speaker 1: You know, we'll get into the issue at the top of the hour of the myths of what is being sent. The only thing I can say is it was it was a long night last night. It was frustrating, but I understand it. I've been through too many of these battles. Reagan had his you know, his own battles and fights within his own party. You know, it's hard to get people five hundred and thirty five people, you know, if you have slim majorities like Republicans now do in the House and Senate, which really does highlight the need to elect more you know, maga conservative Republicans so we can get more and bigger things done. But this was a very very heavy lift. And all throughout the night I was getting updates and it's like, uh, we'll still shy one vote, still shy. If I could show you all the texts, still shy one vote, still shy one. We have an Alaska problem. That was Lisa Mkowski. It's frustrating, but they eventually got there, and that's the good news. I'm not going to sit here and be mad at people that voted whatever way they voted.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm just glad it got done.
Speaker 1: I don't think as you know, going through all the things that I mentioned, I won't repeat myself. But there's so much conservative goodness in this. And here's the best part to me. If you're looking at this through a political lens, it's not the politics of winning. It's it's the policies that will lead to the better economy, and that's the tax cuts. It also shows the American people that the Republicans are the party of working men and women, and Democrats voted for the biggest tax increase in history, and voted against working men and women, and voted for open voters, and voted against energy independence, and voted against deporting criminals, and voted against you know, funding the next generation of weaponry. And it's that's that's on them as they go and elect their Marxist mandanis of the world. You know, I know that Elizabeth Warren had to fit. This is outrageous, this is wrong. We'll show you some of this tonight. This this I'm angry he's very angry about this. What did you think was gonna happen? You know, Americans are struggling with health care costs. Senate Democrats fought to preserve free health care for illegal immigrants in this bill. Then I voted fifty six forty four in an amendment by John Cornyan that would have reduced federal Medicaid payments to states that offer health care to illegal immigrants charged their convicted of serious crimes. You know, the four Senate Democrats booked their party to pack the measure. The amendment failed to clear the sixty vote threshold and will therefore not be is not included in this one big, beautiful bill. That's the party of the Democrats, the party that puts the rights of illegals, so called rights of illegals over your safety, including criminal illegals like a Brego Garcia. You know, look at all the temper tantrums out as ICE is trying to do their job in Los Angeles. They arrested murderers and child molesters, gang members, I mean, some of the worst of the worst. You'd think they would be happy, but they're not. And that's the Democratic Party. And you know, blue states have enrolled over a million illegal immigrants in the program of Medicaid.
Speaker 2: Why are we paying for this?
Speaker 1: MPR reporting more than one million illegal immigrants, most of them lack permanent legal status covered by state health programs like medical Look at all the money they've had to borrow out in California to pay for healthcare for illegals and all the other services associated with it. It was interesting on the Lisa Murkowski question here that this did a lot for Alaska. This bill a lot, especially on the issue of energy. In the end, she was I mean, there were no votes from Rampaul, Tom Tellis, and Susan Collins. My understanding was that they're at ram Paul was willing to meet the rest of his colleagues halfway and if they would reduce the amount of money in terms of raising the debt ceiling by like eighty percent, he would have He would have been the crucial last vote for this because Susan Collins Tom Tillis were a hard nos. Not surprising in either case, but that was that was kind of like the behind the scenes. And then finally I got the I don't know the text, I don't remember phone call, I don't remember from who got to give credit to those people that fought for it. I know that there are going to be House members that are unhappy changed at all. I can only say from being up and awake and in touch with a lot of people involved in this last night, that this was the only way it was going to get over the finish line. And that is that's just the process. And you know, when you look at other issue is involved in the economy. The President is not wrong to send mister too late Jerome Powell a fiery notes spelling out you know, interest rate failures costing the US of fortune.
Speaker 2: He's not wrong.
Speaker 1: You know, President Trump's tariffs have earned eighty one point five billion in new money according to the Department of Homeland Security. But with that we also have the ten trillion dollars in investments.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The I mean for the President was warning a wopping sixty eight percent tax increase on the American people of this bill did not pass, and that is now going to be in the hands of the US House of Representatives and and there's going to be a lot of pressure on them to go along with these tax cuts, go along with these border security measures, go along with these energy policies go along with, you know, filling the gap of vulnerability with our military and helping our defense department and anyway. It is, uh, it's just very interesting to watch. I'm very you know, I've always been pretty close to the House Freedom Caucus. They are upset now there are other issues here that get complicated and I hate to get in the weeds because I don't think most of you really care, but the weeds kind of matter. They have rules in the House and rules in the Senate. The only way this bill had a chance to be passed is when the budget chairman in the Senate, Lindsey Graham, went forward and said, we're going to use reconciliation. Reconciliation means you don't need cloture. Cloture is sixty votes, but it has all these provisions have to be budget related issues where you lower the threshold from a sixty vote margin, because you were never going to get any Democrats to support this bill. This is how Obamacare was passed, this is how the Inflation Reduction Act was passed, and it is Yeah, I think is I think the proof is going to be in the putting if history holds, And by that I mean if cutting taxes does what it always does, and that stimulates the economy, results in more revenue, coupled with the ten trillion dollars in investment in manufacturing, coupled with you know, hopefully on a path towards energy dominance. I think at that point there will be a period of American prosperity we've not experienced before. I've always believed in conservatism, and one of the fundamental parts of conservatism is is more freedom, less government intervention in our lives. And I think that holds true today in so many different ways. You know, it's interesting. I mean, you look at a focus on the one comment of Mom Dannie, you know billion No, he doesn't want any more billionaires, and he wants to take over the means of production. We got new cuts of him. I mean, I think Mark Simona is going to end up being proven right. He was on yesterday that this is going to be more or stuff that this guy said that is going to be coming out every single day. But you know, the idea that we shouldn't have billionaires, he said, I don't think that we should have billionaires.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: You are a self described democratic socialist, do you think that billionaires have a right to exist.
Speaker 3: I don't think that we should have billionaires because frankly, it is so much money in a moment of such inequality. And ultimately what we need more of is equality across our city and across our statement, across our country.
Speaker 2: Equality.
Speaker 1: This is why I call them Marxist mom Dannie, because two each according to his need, from each according to his ability. That's right out of Karl Marx's mouth, and that's exactly what he's talking about with equality here. How do people get wealthy?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Look, people go into professions all the time. They know they're not going to get wealthy in these professions. If you have a calling, and again I'll go back to the word education. It's root derivative from the Latin which is a duke, which means to bring forthrom within. Everyone was born, in my view, created by God, born with talent. We all have our unique fingerprint. You know, the Bible tells us the very hairs of our head are counted. And if that's if that's true, which is what I believe, and that we all are born with different talents and callings in life. And if say your calling is law enforcement, most people don't get into law enforcement. And I have many friends and family members that have thinking they're going to get rich, but it's a calling. It's something that they feel compelled to do, or teachers they feel compelled to do. You know, you don't even become a doctor these days with the expectation that you're going to be particularly wealthy. And then there are entrepreneurs, and then there are inventors, and then there are people that create goods and services. And you don't become wealthy if you create or provide goods and services that people want, need and desire. And if that service, that service, or those goods are in such high demand that makes you wealthy, well, you're still paying taxes on that money.
Speaker 2: Number one.
Speaker 1: Number two, they're also improving the lives of other people because nobody's forcing people to buy your whatever it is you've produced, or whatever service it is that you are offering here. And it's also the ultimate and a meritocracy. You know, if you believe in meritocracy, and that is that the human spirit, if you live in freedom and you happen to be successful. I mean, they're again, do we not want these companies to exist in New York? These private equity companies, these big banks, these investment firms. What do you how does that How is that going to play out in the end? You know, go ahead with the guy that you know wants to confiscate wealth. Well, what do politicians do with wealth when they confiscated they didn't earn it? I don't know, you know, putting aside trust fund brats, but people that made their money the old fashioned way through hard work and dedication and innovation. Why do we think that we have a right to empower a politician to take their money and give it to us.
Speaker 2: What does that do for the politician?
Speaker 1: Well, that then creates a base of support that wants him empowered. Basically taking money from other people and giving it to them. I mean, it's insane. And this is where the radicalized Democratic Party unfortunately is gone and where they're going. You know, mom, Donnie now defending his plan to punish white people. I mean, he doubled down Sunday. He wants to jack up property taxes on richer and whier neighborhoods. Now, let's play jeopardy at home. If somebody said, oh, we're gonna we're gonna tax Hispanic Americans more or African American, African Americans, more Asian Americans, more Jewish Americans, more whatever it happens to be. I mean, what do you call that? I know one word comes to my mind. I think you're all thinking the same word. Not hard to figure out. Trump said, he warns that he may cut federal funding the New York of Mama Dami wins and uh, you know Mamdani's pledging to stop ICE from even doing their job. Well, that would be at odds with the federal government. This guy is, you know, he wants to He has the end goal of seizing the means of production. That is socialist, statist, radical, Marxist one oh one, that's him. That's Cuba. That's the Bolshevik revolution. That's been tried, many forms, names, manifestations. It all ends the same, great promises unfulfilled and then of course more poverty. And then you calculate how much freedom you gave up in the name of security that was never secure.
Speaker 2: It's an age old mistake.