Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds with Dean Aungler, Haylen Miller, Keys and Jared Haven An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: What is going on? Everybody?
Speaker 1: Welcome to an all new episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds? And for the first time in podcasting history, is for the show. At least for the first time, our name actually works.
Speaker 3: We are newlyweds.
Speaker 1: We're finally newlyweds, so big big ups to that.
Speaker 2: We were playing the long game the whole time, long game, long game.
Speaker 1: We got alistairs over here trying to get out to the food. It was gonna be right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we had our wedding last weekend. It is now Tuesday.
Speaker 1: We've had what three days to recover and process since since then, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And we have been staying here at the Little Nell, just ordering room service, resting. My voice is still gone, it has been. Honestly, I think this is the best way to do it. Otherwise we would have gone straight from the wedding to Vegas. And now it can just really relax because I feel like when we're in Vegas we work on the house.
Speaker 3: So we have nothing to do here, no agenda, no plans, and it's been perfect.
Speaker 2: So you having fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Are you?
Speaker 2: Best mini moon ever?
Speaker 3: Best mini moon ever?
Speaker 2: Actually blew my back out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably probably from dancing.
Speaker 1: I guess I just said I should be blowing your back out, and he is my back blown out.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on. I think it's the pillows.
Speaker 4: I think if people have seen any videos from social media, they know why you're back in. Neck have been blown out because you were dancing your butt off.
Speaker 2: I know your neck off, but I didn't. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: It could definitely be that because you don't really work on building those neck muscles and then all of a sudden you're twitching and twerking them all around.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, so we have a rundown here. I haven't looked at it yet, but.
Speaker 4: It's a wedding rapid fire. If we want to start with that, or do we want to start with the whole weekend?
Speaker 2: Tell us about the weekend?
Speaker 4: Okay, So we have been planning this for I don't know, eight months or so, and we toured this venue in Aspen. We were staying here, I think we were staying at the Little Nell when we were touring maybe, and we were at a hat store here in Aspen called Chemo Sabbi. It's one of my favorite stores. And one of Dean's friends works there and she was like, you have to go visit Bayol because we were telling her we were seeing venues and it was the second venue we saw, and thank goodness to her because our wedding planners had never heard of it.
Speaker 3: Like it's very off the grid.
Speaker 4: Very new venue that nobody really knows of unless you live here in Aspen.
Speaker 3: So we saw it.
Speaker 4: I fell in love with it, and I just really wanted a camp themed wedding, like I loved Camp growing up.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're going into the backstory, but we already know all the backstory if we listen to this podcast, we know all this stuff already.
Speaker 3: I don't even really know where to begin.
Speaker 2: So everyone started on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Arrived on Thursday, and I still felt a lot of stress. I was just really worried that people were going to be upset by how much money they spent because it was expensive. But as soon as everyone got in and everyone was like, oh my gosh, this is so beautiful, this is so unique, all of my stress just lifted immediately and we just all hung out.
Speaker 3: On Thursday. Friday, we had field Day.
Speaker 4: And another thing that I loved was, you know, growing up kindergarten, you would do field day and it was like the best day ever or all throughout elementary school. And so we played tug of war, we played three legged race, all of these games, and I think people weren't super into it when they were coming down, They're like, what the heck are we doing?
Speaker 3: But then people got really into it. Dean's team won. My team.
Speaker 4: I just saw photos from the photographer. My team wasn't even on the board because we scored zero points, and that's the way. It makes most sense that way. But it was super fun. I just wasn't super invested in. I was like watching everyone have fun.
Speaker 1: So you wanted everyone to be invested in something like you weren't even well to invest in yourself.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's why.
Speaker 4: We played Tug of war immediately and I was like, okay, we're probably not gonna win, and yeah, so field day was super, super fun. Everyone got into it. Dean's team one, like I said, and then we had the welcome dinner. We encourage everyone to dress mountain chic. Is the way that our wedding players put it and encourage everyone to wear hats and boots, and everyone came out like looking best ever. I think the guys excelled in dressing mountain chic esque better than the women. And they just crushed it, you know, Chad, one of Dean's friends, Chad, Ben Higgins, Wells, they all just really did.
Speaker 3: A great job.
Speaker 2: Mountain chic aka hipster is basically what it is, hipster, mountain hipster, mountain.
Speaker 1: Hipster, and Wells is a mountain hipster. Wells is a hipster, but he's a beach hipster. So yeah, I think all you got to do was put it on an overlayer and then he instantly became a mountain hipster.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good. It was good, good stuff.
Speaker 3: It was good.
Speaker 4: We had us and we did have two speeches. We had Dean's brother give a speech, and we how.
Speaker 1: Are we in the events of the weekend right now? Friday Friday dinner? Yeah, Oh, my back is just killing me right now. I like I even like looking at like moving my eyes from left to right.
Speaker 2: My head hurts my back.
Speaker 3: Somehow we'll get to that. That's a Saturday thing.
Speaker 2: No, I don't even want to talk about that. At all.
Speaker 1: I think I do think it's just from sleeping on it weird. But yeah, the field day, I just want to go back to that real quick. So there were six teams. The way you're making it sound, it sounds like there was two teams and I just beat your team, but no, in reality, six teams. I beat five other teams, not one hand not single handedly.
Speaker 2: You know, I had some help for my team. Obviously.
Speaker 1: Came down to a tiebreaker at the very end, and the tiebreaker was a rock paper scissors battle best two out of three and I got a rock paper scissors battle one of my best friends from high school with everyone cheering a song.
Speaker 2: It was pretty great. So it was a nice moment for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was very fun and just see you win and see you so stoked to win was awesome.
Speaker 1: I do kind of regret wearing the brown suit to the reception dinner on Friday. Why well, because I had that blue tux that I just never wore, right, and it would look so good. Yeah that one was like fitted, like tailored tour to me.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I do a great would have looked great, But the brown just fit the mountain cheek vibe. And you like, the photos of us in the cabin just looked like straight out of Yellowstone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but blue could have looked even better maybe, But you're right, be right, Elas. I also have other regrets, but I'll get to those later, I guess.
Speaker 3: I only yeah, I don't know if I have regrets.
Speaker 4: So Friday we had two speeches. Dean's rather was beautiful. He did a great job, and then two my best friends gave speeches as well together and they did a great job too, And that's all we needed.
Speaker 3: I think two speeches was perfect.
Speaker 4: We really don't love attention on us, and to that point, I think having everyone together, like everyone waking up having brunched together each morning, just like being in cabins was super helpful, helpful for us to alleviate that like pressure of all of the attention being on us, you know, like walking down the aisle, I didn't feel I don't know, it just felt like super comforable, super intimate, and I really loved that. Also, the food at the venue our wedding was at Bay Owl, and the food was absolutely insane. It was so good every single meal. So we went and did our food tasting and we were like the food probably isn't going to be good, but the venue is awesome, so that's all that really matters. And the food is just so good and everyone kept raving about it, so that made me really happy to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the food is good. Everyone loved it. Okay, so let's move on to the next Saturday. Saturday.
Speaker 4: So Saturday, well Friday, we stayed up and played fish bowl. There were two teams and two rooms playing fish bowl. I guess four teams, two different groups of people playing fish ball, and we stayed up until like one midnight, one am. Nothing too crazy, and there were extra beds in the cabins, but I didn't remember where, and it was so late.
Speaker 3: We were so tired.
Speaker 4: Diana and I wanted to sleep separately, but we ended up just sleeping together, woke up together, had breakfast together, and then I started to get ready and so did and Deane cut his hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hate the whole It just reminds me of being back on The Bachelor, where it's like, all right, we need you to get ready at one o'clock and then you're like okay, and this is before you like are starting to realize these types of things are like.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I'll be ready at twelve forty five just because I'm excited for whatever is next. And then one o'clock comes and they're like, all right, we need you to go down to this area and you're like, okay, okay, I'll go down there. And then you're down in that area and they're like, all right, we're ready to shoot in three hours, and you're like.
Speaker 2: Well three hours? What did I get ready three hours?
Speaker 1: That's exactly how the wedding day felt, where they're like, we need you ready by one forty five and I was like, okay, what time do you really need me ready by? And they're like all right, we really need you ready by two fifteen, And then like two fifteen came and they're like, all right, just as long as you're ready to go by three forty five, that's all we need.
Speaker 4: And it's like that's how I felt too, because they originally wanted me to start getting ready at nine, and like, typically you have your girlfriends get ready with you, you have your guy friends get ready with you, brides maids and groomsmen, even though we didn't have them, and my friends were like, so, what time do you want to stay at like three pm because everyone was having so much fun on the campground and like there's paddleboard and canoeing all this stuff. Nobody wanted to be stuck in a room, which I took in sae. I was like, the latest I can get ready is what I want. So I started getting read ready. At eleven. They gave me an hour break. I like sprinted away to write my vows and I was with my girlfriends. They were kind of helping me just piece together all my vows and then I was getting ready for a couple hours. We shoot the photos. It's like, hurry up, hurry up, we gotta go. We gotta go, like put down the makeup brushes, we gotta go right now.
Speaker 3: We shoot the photos. And then they're like, all.
Speaker 4: Right, you have an hour till the ceremony, and I was like, what the heck. I was stressed writing my vows as Emma's doing my makeup. So I definitely felt that too. And it was just hard because once I was ready, they were like, well, no one can really see you're in your wedding dress.
Speaker 3: You just kind of have to hide and sit for an hour. But it all worked out. It's okay.
Speaker 4: It just was such a cool venue that and one of my favorite things has been since the wedding was just seeing everyone's stories of what they did throughout the weekend, Like people went on hikes, people were throwing axes, paddleboarding, like I said, And it's just so cool to see how everyone came together and just their little activities. And it really seemed like everyone had the best time. Because a lot of our friends, not a lot, but like half of them, I know, I'm speaking a lot half of them are quite bougie. So just to see them embrace the mountain cabin camping theme.
Speaker 3: Was really cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was still it wasn't like it wasn't anti bougie.
Speaker 3: Though, yeah, it was still bougie.
Speaker 1: Of course it wasn't. Yeah, it wasn't like they were actually rough in it. But no, I agree with you. Yeah, like the you do have a little bit of trepidation of those guys coming in and not necessarily loving the venue maybe as much as you want them to or as much as you do or anything like that. But it seemed like everyone everyone really enjoyed it. But yeah, so I was getting ready for the wedding ceremony. I also hadn't written my vows, and so I needed like twenty minutes raight my vows. I had thought about everything I wanted to say already, so it was gonna be quick. Typed them out of my computer in five minutes and then maybe like fifteen minutes, and but I wanted to read them out of this book that we had, and so I like writing it from the computer to the book took way longer than expected. That was a big pain in the butt, just because like I didn't even finish it, and they were like, you're up, you have to walk out, and I was like still halfway through the second paragraph. I was like, okay, well I need to figure out how I can get these like from here to here. And so we just like printed them out and then taped them into the book. And when I was up, there were sitting the vows. I had never ridden it in that font and that size before, so it was just like that's why I was like stuttering a lot, and I kept losing my spit my place where I was reading from, so that was kind of a bummer. I did get a haircut just before the ceremony. Kalin came into the room very unannounced and really really kind of messed up of you actually.
Speaker 2: To just show up into the you had no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, you just you aren't supposed to leave your home base when those things are going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't given instructions. It was messed up.
Speaker 1: It's messed up. My sister cut my hair. She did a great job. I was like, really, I like was so pressed for a time I couldn't even chower and wash my hair. And that's my biggest regret, is not washing my hair because my hair looks so greasy in those pictures and it was like I hadn't washed it in like a week up to that point, up until I washed it the next.
Speaker 2: Day or whatever it is, you know. So that's my biggest regret.
Speaker 3: Well, that's your biggest regrette. It's not too bad.
Speaker 1: No, Now, I'm gonna to look at those pictures for the rest of my life thinking about how greasy my hair was.
Speaker 3: But it's on brand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of what I keep trying to tell myself to twist it like edgy.
Speaker 1: It's interesting, it's it doesn't make sense and that should be good enough for you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it should have washed it I even.
Speaker 1: I think I asked someone. I was like, should I wash my hair? And they're like, no, no, it looks good, looks good. And it's like, of course they're going to say it looks good on my wedding day. Like they're not gonna lie and tell me it looks bad, you know what I mean? Yeah, like I should have been asking other people for advice because of they were just gonna say whatever they think they needed to say.
Speaker 2: This sound good, that's fair.
Speaker 4: So the ceremony happened, and I was standing on the side. I could see Dean from our cabin. They'd like, hit me in my cabin. Our cabin, and I hear this music playing, and what song did Jackson walk down to our officiant m.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: Either, but I was like, that doesn't sound like Jackson's song. And then suddenly everyone's cheering and clapping. I was like, oh, they must be cheering for Dean. And then I see Dean and I was like, no, that's Jackson, and I'm like, they better cheer for Dean like that, And then Dean's song comes down and Dean was supposed to walk down the aisle too. Don't worry, be happy, and then suddenly it's like this bass is going and I was like, what the heck? That is not the right song, and there's like a quick moment of panic, and then I hear it's Lose Yourself by Eminem and I hear everyone cheering.
Speaker 3: So good.
Speaker 4: I'm like, wait, this is actually amazing and this is just so perfect for you. And seeing the video and the photos of everyone just like you running down the running, not even walking down the aisle, running down the aisle, clapping everyone's hands, it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty nice.
Speaker 1: We were driving up to the venue the day before and Kiiten was like, I just need to get pumped up real quick, and so she put on Lose Herself by.
Speaker 2: Aminam and I was like, oh, I didn't even know you knew what this song.
Speaker 1: Existed, and I just figured it would be a good thing to give you to smile.
Speaker 2: I was like, make sure she hears my song when I walked down the aisle.
Speaker 1: And when I suggested it to the wedding planners and the DJ the day before, they were both were like, are you sure you want to do that? It sounds like a pretty stupid thing to do. And I was like yes, do it. You have to do it. And they came to me that same day, the next day of the ceremony, and they were like, are you sure you want to do it? Still, like we got a teed up, Are you sure you want to do it?
Speaker 2: And I was like, do it. It's going to be hilarious.
Speaker 3: And it was.
Speaker 4: And I told Dean if he had asked me, like we were doing our little hearsal that took two minutes for the wedding, I was like, if you asked me if you could walk down the aisle to that, I would have been like, no, that's ridiculous. But the fact that you did it, it was so perfect, and that it was such a good surprise to you. I was just laughing my butt off. On the side, it alleviated a lot of stress and it was perfect.
Speaker 2: Let that be a lesson, you know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it like applies to every situation.
Speaker 1: It doesn't apply to every situation, but it applies to a grand grand amount of them. Yeah, just let them, just let me take control, do my thing. It'll all work out. You'll be happy, you'll be smiling as long as that's all going on. By the end of it, You're happy, and Calen walked down to what song again?
Speaker 3: I walked down the.
Speaker 4: Aisle to kissed Me by sixpence and just like I love nineties rom coms, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: They're pretty good. That was a good song. And then we walked off the stage. Two Wildflowers by Tom Petty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is our song for Pappy.
Speaker 2: It's a great song.
Speaker 3: And Alistair also walked down the aisle.
Speaker 4: Was so bad all weekend and I think he has regressed and he's gotten worse. Not think, we know, he's gotten so much worse. So he got kicked out of a restaurant yesterday. But Dean's brother is the only one that Alistair likes. So Deane's brother walked him down the aisle and then Alistair was like barking and crying for us while Jackson was reciting his portion of it, and it was it was cute, It was cute.
Speaker 2: He just wanted to be next to us. Yeah, I want to be part of the wedding. And they got stuck in the room.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, So where else do we go from here?
Speaker 4: So then Dane and I took photos, so we toured the venue for our tasting. It was our second time being at the venue and our wedding photographer came. He's like, oh, the day of the wedding would be so awesome if you guys gott in a canoe and we took photos in a wedding dress. And I remember looking at him and being like uh huh and thinking there's no chance.
Speaker 2: I was the one that came up with the canoe idea.
Speaker 3: By the way, Oh, I thought it was him.
Speaker 2: No, it was me.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I remember being well, I was.
Speaker 1: Debbie made a comment in passing and I was like, we're doing this.
Speaker 3: No, Carter brought it up when we had our food tasting.
Speaker 2: I remember, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Then I must have brought up to him first, because I remember bringing it up to him, and Carter is great and I don't want to take anything away from him.
Speaker 2: And maybe I am misremembering it.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but I do remember going up to him and being like, hey, there's a canoe and he's like, oh, great idea.
Speaker 2: Let's see if you can figure out I don't make that work.
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure I know.
Speaker 3: I remember Carter saying let's do this.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I brought the idea to Carter first.
Speaker 2: It matters. I want credit for this idea, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Dane said, let's get there.
Speaker 2: The thing is, I'm not even.
Speaker 1: Taking credit for Debbie gave me the idea, but then I gave the idea to Carter, but I was higher up in the pecking order.
Speaker 4: The reason I think you're wrong is because I have been thinking about this sense of food tasting and because it was brought up to me at the.
Speaker 3: Food Taste All.
Speaker 1: You're saying like months ago, Yes, may I don't think that's right, but anyways, yes, because I've.
Speaker 3: Been thinking about it since then.
Speaker 4: Anyways, someone brought it up and I for months I've been thinking there's no chance, and I'm doing that. And then we get down there and I was like what And they're the most beautiful photos ever at Like the aerial shot from above is just so cool and serene, and the photos were great. But was even better was during cocktail hour, which I really wanted to make it for. We just took time to like sit in that canoe and talk in the canoe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, what what is it?
Speaker 2: Oh you're gonna talk about the catch sitting on the couch.
Speaker 3: Oh, but this is first.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: So we took like twenty to thirty minutes to be in that canoe, and the photographers and videographers were getting shots of us, but we couldn't really hear them, so it was very intimate and just felt like the two of us. And then we joined the last like ten minutes of cocktail hour, we rang the bell for being the bells.
Speaker 3: We had dinner.
Speaker 4: Food was amazing again, and then in the middle of dinner, so we walked up after the canoe during cocktail hour and there's all these awesome lounges that our wedding planners, Milk Glass, set up, and I was like, oh, I kind of wish like we were here and could like enjoy these lounges. It looks so cozy. And I didn't even say that to Dean, but I thought about it. And then in the middle of or after we finished in Nardine was like, let's go sit in these couches and stop photos, and they snapped like five photos and then we just sat there for another twenty thirty minutes and watched all our friends and all our family just interact and got to enjoy some more time just the two of us.
Speaker 2: It was super special, super spacih super spacih, that's not did an outfit change? I asked again, Hey, should I wash my hair between this outfit and that outfit? And you said, don't wash your hair, it looks great.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember saying that. Ugh, but you put a hat on in nuts.
Speaker 1: The hat really did help cover up the hair. Go figure, go figure. Yeah that's true. Yeah, that dinner was really nice. I'm just trying to think of any other specific moments during that whole thing, between the ceremony and the pictures.
Speaker 4: And I also put ugs on because it's so hard to walk in heels in that like gravel and grass. So I was running around in my wedding dress and ugs and never in million years thought I'd be wearing uggs of my wedding dress. But it was also so cold and you couldn't see them.
Speaker 3: It was perfect. I was comfy.
Speaker 1: What else did you have a ware if it wasn't for the ugs the heels all night? Yeah, that's fully unhinged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, the ceremony heels were really really high and the reception heels were a lot lower, so I could wear those the rest of night and was comfy, but I just could not walk. I think I lasted down the aisle and then as soon as we took photos, had to take them off because they were just a little too high for me.
Speaker 1: Your heels at the ceremony had a nice little platform thing on them.
Speaker 3: No platform, Oh oh, a little stopper.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I put stoppers on all my heels just so I wouldn't sink in the grass. That's cool, because I think I probably would have fallen over walking down the aisle.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that was a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just sized them all out. I had to order like twenty.
Speaker 2: Kaln's vows were the best vows.
Speaker 4: No, they weren't. Jane's valves were so good. And so we talked on the rehearsal who should go first, and I was like, well, the person who isn't their vale aren't as good should go first. And I was like, let me go first. I was like, let me go first. I know yours are going to be better. I know you you're so good at articulating your feelings and just yeah, so I went first.
Speaker 3: No, I mean Dean went first. I was let down after that.
Speaker 2: That's not true. But your vowels were great, No, they were, Okay, yours are.
Speaker 3: Great no, youres are great. You got everyone crying.
Speaker 4: And we have this one friend who tells us she's dead inside, and she's like, you guys got me to cry, which is a big deal.
Speaker 3: Who's that autumn?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, But I feel like after the ceremony and you say something heart felt, even if they did, like I've been guilty of this before, you go up to them and you're like, I cried so much at your wedding or at what you were saying, and like, even though I know I didn't cry, I'm just saying that.
Speaker 2: Because I would.
Speaker 4: Wait, you said that, I've never said that to someone and not cried. I've actually never cried at a wedding.
Speaker 2: I'm good at this wedding.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. I was crying walking down the aisle.
Speaker 4: The first person I saw was my friend Michelle, and she's bawling and I was like, no, And when I see someone else cry, then I start crying. And then it was like teer after cheer as I'm walking down the aisle and I was like, off it, neat little baby, And then I looked at you, no tears.
Speaker 2: You didn't have any tears, and you looked at me.
Speaker 3: You said no, I'm saying, I looked at you and you had no tears.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I did not cry.
Speaker 1: I was standing at the like about to walk down the aisle with Jackson, our or reverend I guess we should start calling him, and.
Speaker 2: I was like I was thinking about everything.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, I'm getting married right now, looked at Jackson, looked at some of my friends, and I was about to start crying, and I like sucked it up and then I just kind of was like laughing and happy the whole time.
Speaker 2: So I wasn't crying.
Speaker 4: There were a few times any vows where I thought maybe, yeah, maybe now's the moment.
Speaker 1: Well, I had rehearsed those vows probably a dozen times over the past few months.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you know what you said on this podcast into me so many times. You're like, I have recited these vows so many times, and I've cried every single time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm okay, if you'd let me finish that.
Speaker 1: I was going to get into that I've recited those vows a dozen times and I've cried every single time. That I've gotten to the point now where I'm just like out of tears or I like have gotten comfortable enough with saying it that I am not going to cry about it anymore. And I shortened the crap out of them.
Speaker 2: Nor.
Speaker 1: I think if I had written what I originally wanted to write, it would have been three or four times longer than they were.
Speaker 3: You know, same with me.
Speaker 4: And that's when I'm a little frustrated with I wish I knew I had that forty five minute to hour break in between getting ready and the wedding, because I would have mine were a lot longer too, And so I definitely condensed them because I was writing, and writing really does take so long.
Speaker 2: I heard that you wrote your VSS every day over the past like six months.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, Debbie told me, she was like, right after you get engaged, you should just start taking notes. So like, I've had this vow note for the past however long We've been engaged, almost a year, and I just keep adding to it. So then, but I never actually try to like come together and put them into one thing.
Speaker 2: Until the day before the until the day of the wedding.
Speaker 4: Well, I started, remember we were on Ashley in Ben's podcast, and that's when I really had started to fine tune them so I just needed like five minutes just to like really make it perfect. Gotcha, right, But writing him out really takes like a long long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like you procrastinated quite a.
Speaker 4: Bit, of course, and I was shocked to myself. But I did tell Debbie. I was like, if it weren't for you, I would have just been so stressed. And she's like, that's why you should start so early. And I think it's a great, great advice for brides and grooms because then you're sitting in your room and you're like, Okay, you know what am I thinking about him this day or the day before, Like we've been spending this day apart.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it's smart, and especially for us where You've been climbing all these mountains and I've had a lot of time to miss you and just think about you a lot.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but you're.
Speaker 2: Saying it didn't work very well for you.
Speaker 4: Just writing, transcribing, transcribing, Transcribing was the biggest pain. And I was writing. I was like, I'm gonna make these so pretty. We have these books. My handwriting's gonna be great. Oh my gosh, uglyest handwriting every.
Speaker 2: But you've finished writing in the books. Yeah, of course, of course, of course, so you had more time to write more in the books.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but at that point then I would have had to start over, because they were the I wanted to add in the middle.
Speaker 3: I understand you see now.
Speaker 2: I see now, Okay, grave as though, nonetheless.
Speaker 3: Thanks, here's your great, here's your better, that's not true, but it's not a competition. I love you and that's all that matters.
Speaker 2: Are you sure? Because I couldn't tell about your brass. I'm just kidding. I know you love me and I love you too, so much, so so much.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't do this on the podcast.
Speaker 2: And then what happened? So then we have the reception dinner.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay. So then I.
Speaker 1: Changed into a white suit jacket, which is funny. I've talked a lot of smack about white tuxedo jackets on this podcast.
Speaker 4: Oh, I guess we should quickly. I guess we talked a little bit about it. But Dean's Texas didn't get in and set leave aspin.
Speaker 3: We were delayed whatever.
Speaker 4: So they gave him two free tuxes and he was like, well, I'm going to get a white tux and I never thought in a million years he would actually wear it, but he did, and it looked great, looked pretty good.
Speaker 2: Still kind of wish I'd wore the blue one at some point, but just for the day before.
Speaker 1: But the brown was good. I should warn't like for this for Sunday when everyone was leaving. I should have put the blue tucks on it. Yeah, really really let them off of the bang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, my tuxes didn't get in. They eventually did get in and they got picked up.
Speaker 1: But you know, there weren't any alterations be able to be made, and who knows if they would have been able to be made. But like they were small things that didn't work, Like my shoes didn't fit the vest. I couldn't get to like snuggle up on me right because I don't really know how to work.
Speaker 2: One of those vests.
Speaker 1: Just a couple of little things like that that didn't really matter that much.
Speaker 4: But you know, still, yeah, that was a bummer. It all worked out, but it was stressful for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why did we bring that up?
Speaker 1: Oh my white tux jacket that I told everyone that I thought was douchey to wear, I ended up and I think it was actually my favorite outfit more so than my long tail tuxs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. I loved all your outfits.
Speaker 4: And Dean did wear the long tail text with a bolo tie and it looked really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Just the hair, just the hair is a little too greasy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so after dinner I made my quick change. We cut our.
Speaker 4: Cake, which was really difficult because it was so tall, and we were just laughing the whole time at what a terrible job we did cutting the cake. Wow, And then we went into Also our DJ was awesome. We got to talk about Sean, Sean, He's the man. Sean was so great and we loved hanging out with him. So we're like, just stay for the reception because then we had a band, and he stayed and for a little bit at least. So then the band came and we had never heard the band perform.
Speaker 3: They were so good.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I expected, but they were unbelievable. Stratosphere from Jordan Conn Music Group. If you're getting married, hire them. They were insane. They kept like interacting with the crowd. They'd come down. They would like hold out their trumpet for people to that's trombone bone, hold out their trombone for people to do limbo under like. They were so good. Their vocals were insane. They kept giving the mic to me, which was awesome. Always a risk, yeah, always a risk. Shanaia Twin came on and the part where they she says, man, I feel like a woman. They gave the mic to me to say that part, but they also gave it to Ben Higgins and he said it in the weirdest voice ever, which really tripped me out, especially after a cocktailer too.
Speaker 3: I was like, what's happening? And then yeah, it was great.
Speaker 4: And we also had a tattoo artist there, so everyone there was a Neon sign that said the Bells Tattoo Parlor. It was milk Glasses idea and I'm so happy we did it because we got to keep it. People were lining up the second they were allowed to, and I think Matt, the tattoo artist, was a little overwhelmed, so we started a sign up sheet. Not everyone got to get tattooed. I didn't think there would be that many people wanting to get tattooed same.
Speaker 2: I thought there'd be like ten of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: Like fifteen to twenty. Who knows, but it was like almost every single person at the wedding.
Speaker 2: I would say he probably gave forty to fifty tattoos that night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there were seventy people over.
Speaker 2: The course of three hours. Well, I know we booked him for four hours, but there was it actual four hours. Yeah, so let's say fifty tattoos over four hours. That's like twelve and a half tattoos an hour. It's pretty good, so insane. So it's a tattoo every five.
Speaker 3: Minutes, that's what he said.
Speaker 4: He said it would be five to ten minutes, and he did a great job. And I also got to tattoo Dan myself, which was one of the highlights of.
Speaker 3: The whole weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they went to the bathroom. We still there, needle gun, you're.
Speaker 2: Tattooing right now.
Speaker 1: That's not necessarily how it happened, but yeah, I asked, well, we didn't even get matching tattoos, though, I guess did we We.
Speaker 4: Did it, and I thought I would like know exactly the tattoo I wanted be ready to go, and I just picked off the board like five seconds before.
Speaker 3: And I'm pretty proud of myself for doing that and not overthinking. Yeah, why are you laughing.
Speaker 1: Just because you got this tiniest, babiest little squiggle.
Speaker 4: And I have to say because they couldn't size them, which makes sense now, like they didn't have a printer to actually size each tattoo, and that would have taken so much longer too. It's like, these are the tattoos, these are the sizes we move on. And they were a lot bigger than what I would want. So I took a tattoo off of a map, like a larger map, and there was like tiny little mountains within the map.
Speaker 3: So that's what I got.
Speaker 2: Let's see it. Do you have it available? Is it on your wrist or something?
Speaker 3: It's on the back of my arm.
Speaker 1: Oh all, I got hers on her wrist. Yeah, And I got a ghost. I knew the second I saw the Duelo shot I was gonna get the ghost. This is the cutest little guy ever. Got it with Katelyn Kaylen's best friends, and she woke up the next morning and it's like, wait a second, this is a little bit bigger than I thought I wanted it to be or something.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: I think I hit my tattoo. I think it's overtaking my other tattoos.
Speaker 1: Oh, she got it too close to her other tattoo. Yeah, so she wants see like shoes on an now or something. And her boyfriend and I are really good friends as well, and he's never gotten a tattoo, and so I got a matching tattoo with him. That's the one that Kaylin did for me. Yeah, it's a little stick figure guy upside down. No real significance to him being upside down.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I thought of something actually in the moment to make it more significant, but I can't remember what it is now. But because Josh got his sideways first ever tattoo, and he's a Jewish man, so I always thought that if you get a tattoo, you can't be buried in the Jewish cemetery.
Speaker 2: But apparently that's no longer a rule. Oh, because I guess.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of Jewish people that were good, you know, good Jews, and they just couldn't be buried in cemeteries because they've had tattoos and tattoo mindsets changed so much, and so now I think maybe they've dropped that rule.
Speaker 2: That's what they said.
Speaker 1: I don't know how legitimate that is, but but yeah, so we both got matching stick figure guys, and I got a matching ghost with his girlfriends.
Speaker 2: I just think that's kind of funny that I have tattoos with both of them.
Speaker 1: That was another funny thing I kept saying too, was I was like, you know, if there are fifty people that got tattoos here tonight, a lot of us are close friends, but a lot of us maybe aren't as close as the others are, like maybe just meeting for the first time. And if you got gay fifty tattoos, there's probably like four or five that were the most common, and that means that you have a similar tattoo these actually tattoo as someone that you don't really know very well.
Speaker 2: I just think that's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was, Yeah, it was super cool.
Speaker 4: We also had a wheel that you could spin, and if you're brave, you spin the wheel, whatever it lands on, you get that tattoo. And the person whose idea was is the only person who got it. Not so efficient, reverend Reverend Jackson. My little sister, she's eighteen and got her very first tattoo as well, and she was super nervous, so I like held her hand and was dancing, was they were trying to pump her up. She's a little shy girl, but she did it. She got a stamp on her thighs.
Speaker 3: My other sister got a tattoo. It was cool.
Speaker 2: Where's your other sister?
Speaker 3: Goet cowboy boot?
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the rest of the night was good. We were dancing up a storm. The band killed it. The tattoo hours was amazing, The cake was incredible. Food was great. Baby Will Retreat did a great job. Milk Glass Productions wedding planners. They were freaking unbelievable.
Speaker 4: They were and I do want to talk about them for a second because they had a huge team come out. It was a huge property. I don't even know how many acres. How many would you guess fifty it's gonna say thirty, Yeah, okay, acres and acres And there's no service at all, which was really cool too because everyone was super unplugged and they had walkie talkies, so they're like, does anyone have eyes on the groom? They were just like so on top of it in every single aspect. If they were stressed, they never let me know that they were stressed. I had a girl, Maggie, who was my right hand girl. The whole wedding day and rehearsal dinner. She kept me so calm. I just get really anxious when I'm getting my hair and makeup done because I don't really like to be touched. And so she kept giving me those breaks that I need to just stay relaxed, and she got me my wedding dress.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Maggie. She was great.
Speaker 2: Shout out Maggie, thirty two acres. I just slicked it up. Okay, I was right, You're very close. Shout out to our photo booth.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the photo booth was so fun, super fun. Took like two or three photos. Oh. We also brought in this coffee cart, which Dean didn't try, but I knew that Bayul just had chirp coffee.
Speaker 3: I don't really drink coffee. I'm a macha girl, and so on.
Speaker 2: Saturday, I'm macha girl.
Speaker 3: I'm a matcha girl.
Speaker 4: So satur Day, the day of the wedding, I brought in this coffee cart and it was a huge hit. And someone said the little details of the wedding were really what made it so special. And one of our friends was like, every corner. I was just so excited to see what was around every corner. So another friend told me, I don't know if I told you this, But another friend told me her biggest regret from her wedding was not spending enough money. And so when we were getting hit with all of these invoices, and I was like talking to people, I like, do I add the tattoo artists?
Speaker 3: Do I add the coffee cart? Do I add the photo booth?
Speaker 4: Someone was like, I wish I spent more money, and I do think it was all worth it.
Speaker 3: Silence from you, But I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think for a second I wish I spent more more money.
Speaker 4: Well, looking back, I don't think I wish we spent more money. I think what we spent is perfect. I think what we did is perfect. But I was going through that before having added all those little details.
Speaker 2: No, I get it.
Speaker 1: I get the point she's trying to make by saying I wish I spent more money. Yeah, But I would never ever say, yeah, man, I wish I spent more money.
Speaker 2: But I see your point.
Speaker 1: Like, I think what she's saying is like, do the little extra is spend a little more together the things that you really want versus the things that you're trying to save money on by not getting Yeah, that kind of thing makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah I didn't.
Speaker 4: I Yeah, we cut corners and things we didn't really care too much about.
Speaker 3: And it was perfect.
Speaker 4: I keep saying it's the best wedding ever, best weekend in my life.
Speaker 3: It was. I wouldn't have changed a single thing.
Speaker 2: You're a little biased when it comes to that.
Speaker 4: Though, of course, But like, oh my gosh, I'm so happy, and I feel like I was so present and got to enjoy every single moment. We got so much time together, we got time with our friends. It was like a perfect balance.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed how I liked just my phone was in the room the whole time. Basically like never had my phone on me, which like now kind of sucks because I don't have any photos or videos from the event, but you know, enough people had their phones out. Yeah, But like I would leave the room and be like, oh my gosh, you're on my phone on me. Yeah, that's okay, and then like you know, you go out and totally forget about it. Ten minutes later, they don't have your phone on you. So it's just like, was nice to be able to disconnect and spend some time with people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just perfect, just perfect.
Speaker 2: And then Saturday came and went. We were married.
Speaker 1: Sunday, we'd checked out and now we're at the Little Nell and Aspen.
Speaker 4: Wait Saturday night, though Dean got We think Dean may be allergic to whiskey. We talked about his whiskey allergy after the engagement party. But the wedding planners are so sweet. They butt bride and groom packed up some food for us to have in our room becausey knew we'd be hungry, and the like drew little photos on it. It was so sweet and so thoughtful of them. Also could have been Babil, I'm not sure one of the two. And there were rose petals on our bed when we got into the room. It was very, very thoughtful. And Dean was just a little tipsy, and so our friend tonight is a buried couple and feeding him little pieces of steak in bed. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I also got back before you and I just the couch so you could have see the little flower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was so sweet.
Speaker 4: A jan there's a little chase lounge that he was sleeping on because he got into the room like thirty minutes before.
Speaker 2: Me covered in Kitlen's things.
Speaker 4: By the way, the chesslune, Yeah, that was not empty, and he was laying on that, sleeping on that, and so that I could see the little rose petal heart on our bed, which is so sweet of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I earned the skirt steak that you hand fed me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: And then everyone left the next day and it was a great weekend. Let's see this rapid fire recap. Who was the drunkest, uh?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: There's probably me who was the best dancer? You there was probably and Ben Higgins whose valves were better yours. It's nice who ended up getting tattoos? Whose idea was it? We already kind of went over this. I got tattooed, Kaitlyn got a tattoo. Fifty people and forty to fifty people got tattoos. It was Caitlyn's idea. Yeah, of course, didn't get emotional. Did Kaylne get emotional? We already answered coming some of these. I did get emotional, but I kept it inside of me. Kaylen got emotional and she kept it outside of her. Are you happy you allowed speeches?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The speech is really good.
Speaker 3: I am. Yeah, it was special. Yeah, two was perfect. Any more than that and I would have been like enough talking about us.
Speaker 2: Enough talking about me.
Speaker 1: I can only handle so many people talking about it about me, or like I can only talk so much about myself. Yeah, I've I got enough jokes like yeah, I get it, I'm late, I'm gone a lot, I smell bad. I these all these jokes are a little played out, and I don't need to hear it for multiple people.
Speaker 4: Also, in my vows, I was going to be super self deprecating and Tory was like, can you stop talking crap about yourself?
Speaker 3: And I was like, well that's okay. So I got a lot of my self jeplication as well.
Speaker 1: Can I just I want to say my favorite point in my vows to you, yeah, was when and I was I was questioning whether I was going to get even a single laugh on this, but I knew my brother would laugh, so I decided to say it.
Speaker 2: Anyways.
Speaker 1: It was something along the line and for context, my brother at his wedding said something along the lines of you're stronger than von Miller in Super Bowl fifty three or something like that strip seck I don't know, he like mentioned von Miller and the Denver Bronc was in his vows, and I was like, I gotta find a way to work the Denver sports teams into mind. So I said, Kaylin, just like defending NBA, just like defending world champion and two time NBA MVP.
Speaker 2: NICOLEA. Jokic, you're no. And I gave you like some qualities like.
Speaker 1: Patient and strong and all these and humble, and then I was like, yes, kid as a guess, just like Nicole Yukic. I thought that was pretty funny. And I don't know if anyone laught, because I was like kind of blacked out.
Speaker 2: Of the people.
Speaker 3: People definitely laught. I had no idea who that was.
Speaker 2: Tho, you don't know who Nicole Yolkic is. Do you have any idea now who it is?
Speaker 3: You told me we.
Speaker 2: Watched every Denver Nuggets playoff game. Together.
Speaker 3: Oh is that the guy from Russia?
Speaker 2: The guy from Serbia? Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, the really tall yes, blonde? Yes, oh of course yes. Thank you for comparing me to him.
Speaker 2: What was our first dance song? It was Sam Cook, Sam.
Speaker 3: Cook bringing on Home to Me and Home Me.
Speaker 4: The reason we chose it is because we looked up the meaning of the song and it's about a guy who loses a girl and we'll do anything to get her back.
Speaker 3: And it's like our paradise story.
Speaker 1: That's not why we chose it. I said this should be our song. And then you're like, it's can I can I event for a second? Yeah, I need to vent for a second. There were so many times where Kaylyn would be like, we need to find her first dance song, and I'd be like, okay, great, and then she'd play like three songs and I'd be like, oh my gosh, this song is great by Sam Cook's perfect.
Speaker 2: And then she'd be like, oh my gosh, you really think so. I think it's so great too.
Speaker 1: And then the next day she'd be like, hey, we need to find her first dance song, and I'd be like, what are you talking about. We just figured out our first dance songka, your memory is so of that's what we did. And then and then I like to sit you down on the couch and say, Kayln, when we say we're going to do something, we can't just come back a day later and give out more options to something.
Speaker 2: Because once you make your mind, if you have your mind made.
Speaker 3: Up options, let me tell you it really happened.
Speaker 2: Options are not always me tell you how.
Speaker 3: It really happened.
Speaker 4: I made a playlist of thirty songs, like hand selected. Didn't even look in those stupid Spotify playlists because they were all so cheesy. Came up with my own that were super us and I was like, we're gonna make pizza outside. I'm going to play these songs and we're going to decide play one song and you're like, that's it, and so then I was like fine, and then other songs kept coming to mind.
Speaker 3: I'm like, well, what about this one. This is a new one. That's how it happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, where were we when we first thought that Sam Cook would be our We were.
Speaker 3: In the kitchen because I wanted to do it on the pizza night.
Speaker 2: Oh we were in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: Where were we? Definitely not out of the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Let me tell me where we were?
Speaker 1: In your car driving down Charleston Boulevard in Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: Yes, and yes, I know exactly that intersection right before you turn up to two fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: So now whose memory is skewed because you were so convinced that you were in the kitchen?
Speaker 3: But I played it.
Speaker 2: But my point is.
Speaker 1: You can't knock me for having a questionable memory when you're saying, but it's like the most important tail, and I panics.
Speaker 3: That's why I said kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Okay, huh huh.
Speaker 2: When did Dean get his haircut?
Speaker 1: I got it an hour before it took it took way longer than I thought. I thought it was gonna be like a twenty minute thing. It took like an hour and a half. That's also why I couldn't shower and clean it. Yeah, did anything unexpected happen?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yes, that we can't say.
Speaker 1: Just use let's use two aliases. My good friend Bartholomew and your good friend Rachel Rachel got together Barton Rachel, Bart and Rachel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they liked each other.
Speaker 3: They liked each other. Maybe we'll be going to their wedding one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we'll be going to bart and Rachel's one day. It was unexpected, I'll tell you that. But if you knew Bartholomew though, like I'm saying you as in like the listener, you would get it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Was the first night we were all drunk hanging out inside when it was like because it is just warmer in there and Bartholomew was wearing this cowboy hat, this vest, looking all good.
Speaker 3: And well now everyone knows who it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Wells was pretty drunk and he's like, Bartholomew, we gotta get you on the Bachelor. Oh yeah we can. We can turn you into a star. You'd be great.
Speaker 1: And then Wells look up the next day he is also where he's like, I can't believe I was saying that last thing. But it's funny because Bartholomew wants to go on the Bachelor.
Speaker 4: He like, would always hit me up about it, and he was about to go on one season.
Speaker 3: M and then they just didn't.
Speaker 2: Call him back, which is crazy to me.
Speaker 4: But I agree with Wells, like he could be the Bachelor and could be such a successful bachelor. He's so kind mm hmmm, he's so charismatic, great speaker.
Speaker 3: But now he might have a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Yeah Rachel Rachel Hi might be together, so that would not be good for his bachelor stock did everyone stick to the mountain chic theme.
Speaker 4: Everyone succeeded so well. Everyone did great. Everyone was so nervous about it. I was like, guys, just wear cowboy boots, cowboy hat, You'll be great and the guys.
Speaker 3: I just can't get over the guy's outfits. They crushed it.
Speaker 2: What was your favorite part of the entire day?
Speaker 3: The couch was my favorite part.
Speaker 2: This is a nice catch.
Speaker 4: It was just so nice to sit with you, watch friends and family and just like talk about the day. And that really made it because it goes by so fast. It really slowed the day down to like have those little moments and it just made it. You know, we weren't like separated and with our friends and family dancing the whole night.
Speaker 3: We were together, which was great.
Speaker 2: Yours agreed? Would you do it all?
Speaker 3: What's yours?
Speaker 2: The couch?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I told you that in the moment I said when we were sitting there, I was like, this is my favorite part of the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're still my answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Would you do it all over again if you had the chance?
Speaker 3: Love to do it once a year?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sounds expensive?
Speaker 4: Sorry, I know it's rapid fire, but I'm going to do a camp themed birthday party.
Speaker 2: This is way too rapid fire.
Speaker 3: We'll love it again in a year and a half.
Speaker 1: Continue And also, you said you told the old people about that, and it seemed like it wasn't as uh received quite as warmly as maybe, or maybe I missed remp maybe I misunderstanding.
Speaker 3: Everyone was pumped.
Speaker 2: Okay, goot, that's awesome. Thirty thirty, Here we go. Thirty thirty. No showers camp theme.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's gonna be bouge year.
Speaker 1: No dirty thirty you gotta stay dirty. Did speaking of dirty, did you have sex on your wedding night?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, but I did get skirt steak cand fed to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's so.
Speaker 2: You know, some might say sex is good, but some might say that might be better.
Speaker 4: And then the next day I'm like, yeah, who, it's time to consummate, and started my period, which I do want to say. I don't know if this even needs to be said, but because I started my period the next day, my boob screwed twice in size and didn't fit into my dress.
Speaker 3: And that's my one regret. I wish I could have fixed that.
Speaker 2: You wish you could add smaller boobs?
Speaker 3: Yes, it was so. I was so uncomfortable, but.
Speaker 2: Alas so unfortunate in your life, such.
Speaker 3: As No, the whole night it was d I was so stressed.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Yeah, well, I think it's going to do it.
Speaker 1: I wish Jared could have been here with us, because you know, he could have included his perspective about the wedding. But it's actually kind of nicest way because now next week when we have him on, it'll be like a whole new episode. Yeah, it'll be like we're talking about the wedding for the first time again because we hadn't talked with him about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I am interested to hear his perspective because I do feel like he wasn't super excited.
Speaker 2: He Yeah, he was a little trepidacious, trepidacious, a little pessimistic, a little concerned.
Speaker 4: Question and worried that it was like a wedding for you and had nothing to do with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which, in hindsight and in reality, it was the exact episode.
Speaker 2: It was everything for you, nothing for me. Excuse me, everything for really little punk what was for me?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: The camp theme also for me asmen getting married in your hometown.
Speaker 2: I wasn't my hometown was or wasn't was not.
Speaker 3: Okay, thirty minutes outside of your hometown.
Speaker 2: It wasn't my homegrown. Oh my god, keep on coming.
Speaker 3: The outdoors.
Speaker 2: The aspect I hate the outdoors, keep on coming and keep trying.
Speaker 3: You not showering for the wedding.
Speaker 2: Aspect, that's just a personal choice.
Speaker 3: Come on, you go tell me how it was about you.
Speaker 2: There wasn't anything about me, but that's fine. It was about you you, and it actually worked out for me.
Speaker 1: This is how it was for me, because after the wedding yesterday, when Cale and I were spending time and asking, She's like, now, all I want to do is live in Colorado.
Speaker 4: And I was like, yes, it worked, it worked, And I told him, I was like, how'd you do this to me? But we have been looking at houses and they are too expensive for us, but I would love to live here.
Speaker 2: And for the record, I didn't do anything to you. Colorado did right, of course. It's the best state in the States.
Speaker 1: And you want to know what's crazy too, it's got a lot of fourteen ers in this stay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I climbed all of them.
Speaker 3: We got to talk about that, well, you did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weked about it last week, okay, and who cares about fourteen years when there's a wedding talk.
Speaker 2: To talk about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you did it, And I just want to say I'm very proud of you. For doing it, for accomplishing it, because you did it so fast. Everyone said you couldn't do it. That's true, and you did it. I did it, and you did it excellently, and I.
Speaker 1: Never have to climb another mountain again. Actually that's not true. I might be doing an ad for a phone company and I might climb Whitney next week. But that's only my neck isn't broken like it is, right.
Speaker 3: You can hike with a broken neck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. Just pops some ibuprofen. Yeah, I'll be good to go. Anyways, that's going to do it for this week's.
Speaker 1: Episode, because we've been talking for about an hour, so why don't we just call it a rap here? Thank you guys so much for listening to this week's episode, the first episode that actually makes sense for our title, Help We Suck at.
Speaker 2: Being Newlyweds with Dean Bell and Kaylin Bell and Jared han Bell.
Speaker 1: Jared, I don't know if you're going to be contributing to this podcast episode at all, but if you are good, great anyways, be sure to you next week or maybe we suck just a little bit less.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at help We suck at being newlyweds and email us.
Speaker 3: At Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. We'll see you next time.