Speaker 1: Why are you trying to make me go on weight watchers.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to let you do anything. I'm just telling you that you have three envelopes in front of you. Yeah, one ninety is now out of sight. You're now closer to two, ten and to twenty. I mean again, I don't want to stress you out with math, but technically you're fifteen pounds from one ninety to open that envelope and only fourteen pounds from the two to twenty envelope, which gets you a weight watcher's coupon.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, nutri system. We did Nutri system and said, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What it is. All I know is let's eat much, okay, all right, Welcome to Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: I'm really actually scared because this is now the second time that you have not understood a basic math problem. A week has gone and you almost a week. It's the weekend past, and now it's Monday. Welcome to the Monday episode. Monday, September seventh, Happy Labor Day, Today's Labor day. Yay.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, a weekend has passed. We left left off our.
Speaker 1: I rode my bike so much.
Speaker 2: You know you didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 2: It's apparent. Well that doesn't make what I was saying your weight issue. You were at two oh six. You are closer to two twenty than you are one ninety to twenty. Yes, how do you not see it? Sixteen pounds?
Speaker 1: Yeah, from one ninety and it's fourteen pounds to two twenty.
Speaker 2: So okay, so you just did the math brainiac.
Speaker 1: Yes, but by now I'm not two six anymore. I've gone down.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well that's good for you.
Speaker 1: I've done a lot of biking and running and I have. You don't run, I do, you don't and to the fridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. All I'm saying is you get a free nutri system. I would never do it, but I would never do it. You would never do nutri system.
Speaker 1: I would never go on a diet.
Speaker 2: That's just not you.
Speaker 1: No, I stopped eating, you know, really, really you did this.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if we just go back to earlier episodes, it's you being like, I cut this out. The cinnamon uros from Taco Bell almost give me a heart attack, and I changed my life.
Speaker 1: You're at the same point.
Speaker 2: Sure, when you ate the Taco Bell churros, cutting out. Is it working?
Speaker 1: They were cinnabon minis.
Speaker 2: Cinnabon minis. Everything you cut out, it's not working. You cut things out, and you still haven't learned a healthy way to eat food.
Speaker 1: Will we please get on with episode one?
Speaker 2: Let's get to eating. I'm still wearing my snack in parents.
Speaker 1: You're so mean to me.
Speaker 2: I'm so mean to you. Yeah, you're the one who doesn't understand basic math.
Speaker 1: I understand basic math. I understand it accelerated maths went down? Really hu. I used to work in a store and I would make change without the register telling me what. Oh my god, I really really.
Speaker 2: Just back when I lived in Iowa. For it goes from I lived there for eight months, I lived there for nine months.
Speaker 1: I've now lived there for ten months. Basic math. I lived there from June until May. Okay, so cool, that's eleven months even.
Speaker 2: You're just adding more months to your Iowa.
Speaker 1: Isn't it eleven months?
Speaker 2: Remember when you were like, yeah, I used to spend what's the holiday you guys?
Speaker 1: Do you guys?
Speaker 2: It's the one with the minora honkah? Oh? Yes, When you were like, uh honkah, there was you made it seem like you spent multiple.
Speaker 1: Podcasts in Iowa Passover. I said I was the town jew and there was one box of mots and it was just for me.
Speaker 2: You made it. It seem like you were there for so long. You have like your friends, a cozy corner, your neighborhood bar. You were there for eleven months.
Speaker 1: Ringos, it was great downtown Cedar Rapids. That was my taco place, my taco places.
Speaker 2: Eleven months, dude, eleven months.
Speaker 1: So what why can't you be attached to a city after eleven months?
Speaker 2: I have no words.
Speaker 1: All right, you're nasty to me.
Speaker 2: I'm nasty to you. The last episode, how that ended? You were nasty to me?
Speaker 1: Well, you'd never know because you won't listen to it.
Speaker 2: Yes I will.
Speaker 1: You've never listened to any of these I have I add like little hidden things. You you don't, Yes, you really don't all the time.
Speaker 2: So what have you added? Because I listening?
Speaker 1: Listen to go pick up on it?
Speaker 2: Please? Just lying? You're lying your tea.
Speaker 1: Do you want to go new or classic?
Speaker 2: Go classic? Can't believe you're lying.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we have a classic. Okay, let's start with new and then we'll just go from there.
Speaker 2: Great. All right, I didn't get to plan this episode. You say that every episode as well. Stop showing me your butt crack.
Speaker 1: I'm not It just happens when I bend over. Please stop, all right. So here's another one from our friend Mary from Kind Ceial. Great, Yeah, you liked the app.
Speaker 2: It's just granola flakes of This.
Speaker 1: Is not at all all Cereals flakes and loops. This is not even granola whatever. You don't even know anything about cereal.
Speaker 2: It's not You're just an adult man child right now. Tantrum Cereal Aisle.
Speaker 1: The new line from Kind, dark chocolate almond with six grams of proteins, gluten freak on almonds, dark chocolate, cocoa and super grain flakes with oats, sorghum, quinoa, and amaranth. I still don't know what amaranth is, but I guess it's some sort of grain. Should I shake it?
Speaker 2: Of course you should, Scott, I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: Play a jingle.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, good thing about that? Good? Nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm just shaking it over here. Okay, Now do you recall when we open up the last box of Kind. Why I was so angry when we opened the.
Speaker 2: Box because the box was bigger than the cereal bag.
Speaker 1: Very good, like really bigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like it's like, oh, some smudgy chocol that must.
Speaker 1: Have melted in the car. It's very hot here in the Northeast.
Speaker 2: I left all my windows open. I've been sleeping with the windows open.
Speaker 1: Of course you have. I don't like air conditioning. I want to sweat and melt in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: It makes me feel all congested the next morning. Why would you want that with air conditioning?
Speaker 1: Dude, it's already a pizza oven. It's not it is the bricks they conduct heat.
Speaker 2: I don't okay, are you ready for this? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Didn't I say this was going to be the last episode? For some reason?
Speaker 2: Yes, you said it was the last episode. Because you're two o six as of filming recording, I should say, of course, because you're not recording it.
Speaker 1: Why would you?
Speaker 2: Because every time I record you get so self conscious and not.
Speaker 1: True, not true, not true. That last one was great. We totally should have recorded that.
Speaker 2: We should have. Too bad. You're too self conscious and are also wearing your exercise shorts.
Speaker 1: I don't care shirt, who cares?
Speaker 2: You don't care about the minute the camera's on you, it's like, can we do.
Speaker 1: It's nothing to do with that can It's because you make me turn the lights on it and it's hot.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is false because a couple of episodes when we did it, you didn't turn the lights on and you still were like that was that was gross. I hated that episode.
Speaker 1: Listen, people don't want to hear the bickering.
Speaker 2: Yes they do.
Speaker 1: The milk is already turning. The milk is turning nice and chocolate. I like that. You're ready, you ate it already, Dick.
Speaker 2: The tiff now remind me of a Rocky Road cereal.
Speaker 1: You never had Rocky Road cereal in your life. You didn't even know it was a thing. Yeah, now do about it.
Speaker 2: If they had marshmallows in it, this would be Rocky Road delicious. I'll give it three bowls on a spoon.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's sweet enough.
Speaker 2: What okay? But I mean, yeah, little sweeter would be nice with marshmallows. But if this is what I'm getting, three bowls.
Speaker 1: In a spoon. It's from Kind, so it's not really supposed to be that sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty quote unquote healthy.
Speaker 1: When you go into a Kind bar, you expect it like I'm getting a chocolate chip bar. It's just not really yeah, because I'm thinking like Quaker granola bars. It's not that kind. Bars are not as sweet.
Speaker 2: I love Quaker chocolate chip bars. Those are so good.
Speaker 1: It's the right thing to do. That's our boy, Wilford. Yeah Quaker. Yeah you said Quaker. So yeah, how's your dad? You're coming up in his Quaker costume.
Speaker 2: You know it is the coronavirus pandemic, so can wear a mask. We're not allowed to have any visitors here. I'm not even you're a visitor. Yeah, but you illegally smuggle me in every episode.
Speaker 1: You still have that patch of no hair under your chin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always goot. Oh alopecia.
Speaker 1: Alopecia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I learned it's an autoimmune disorder. You would know that if you listen to a couple of episodes back when I explained what it was.
Speaker 1: You know, the number one ingredient is almonds. Yeah, first ingredient almonds. Isn't that quite? There's more almonds in this box than anything else.
Speaker 2: Great, I mean they did have a lot of almonds.
Speaker 1: Can you remember what other cereal we had with a first ingredient was Whole almonds. Can you remember is it one of the Uh it's not here, it's not a barbera. No, what was it? Morning Summit? Oh remember that cereal?
Speaker 2: Oh that was the really expensive I was the.
Speaker 1: Fourteen dollars box I got from Costco. Delicious, still the favorite cereal in my house?
Speaker 2: Oh? Nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did I rate that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Free balls? Okay, not bad?
Speaker 2: No, I like it. It's still my favorite.
Speaker 1: But there's still a couple other kinds that we're gonna try.
Speaker 2: What I just did a sneak peek into the vault.
Speaker 1: Stop looking. Stop looking. That's not the vault. That's the sack. Stop looking at my sack.
Speaker 2: Quit it you All of the cereals are the same, No they're not. Just let's get all six of them done with because it's all some form of a healthy flake or like.
Speaker 1: What do you want, angree, what do you want?
Speaker 2: I just missed. I missed like a chocolate with like puff one with then like a flake one. It's now just like here's three granolas or here's three flaky cereals.
Speaker 1: It's not true. Something else is coming out now that's not a flake or a granola. Then what is it is your belly happy because mine is from our friend Danny and Queens. Another Amazon cereal.
Speaker 2: Honey nut toasted oats. Yeah, okay, so it's basically honey nut cheerios. That's right, So healthy we're trying. There's nothing healthy about it. Honey nut cheerios are delicious and are very healthy. Healthy the bee, it saysn't on the box, trust the bee. I don't know what did he do to you?
Speaker 1: Whole grain, oat flour, sugar, wheat, starch, honey, modified cornstars. Why do I have to modify the cornstars? Why can they just leave it alone?
Speaker 2: Maybe it helps it like the dexterity.
Speaker 1: All right. I have actually not gone on too Amazon to see what kind of cereals they have. This is our third one or fourth already. It's the final in the Danny series of Amazon Happy Belly cereals. So maybe we to get some more in here.
Speaker 2: Here's a question.
Speaker 1: They don't look like honey nut churios.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're probably more flat. What's the question when you go on a vacation, right, huh? Do you roll your clothes?
Speaker 1: No? I don't do that.
Speaker 2: You pack them tight folded.
Speaker 1: I fold them and just throw them in a bag.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't roll.
Speaker 1: I don't understand the roll thing.
Speaker 2: Rolling so much less space?
Speaker 1: Not true, It's still the same size no matter what, Andrew. No, it doesn't change the makeup of the clothing.
Speaker 2: It's just it's please you know it does change it, Okay, because when I was coming back from Japan.
Speaker 1: Just vacuum seal it. Okay, then it's small.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, let me just go buy vacuum sealing.
Speaker 1: Why we have that. All you do is just got a big ziplock bag and you put a vacuum on it. Well, I Amy does that. She's so smart. She fits like. Okay, let's just eat.
Speaker 2: Oh my glob Wow, this is absolutely delicious.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that it warranted that spasm.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: They're pretty good.
Speaker 2: Sweet, it's delicious. I like it better than honey nut cheerios.
Speaker 1: Liar. No, you know, we haven't had regular honey nut curios in here for a long time.
Speaker 2: I like them because they're bigger than a cheerio. Yeah, and they don't get a soggy quick. So this is a five bowler for me. I gotta tell you.
Speaker 1: Three balls in a spoon. That's rude. No, it's not I just think it's three bowls in a spoon. I didn't really love honey nuturios. I like them, but they're a staple.
Speaker 2: Again, three bowls in a spoon is a nice rating, so I'm not gonna say it's rude. But okay, this might.
Speaker 1: Be controversial, but I'm going to give it five bowls.
Speaker 2: I sound like two cans, Sam, should we do another one? Sure?
Speaker 1: Actually, this next one is cool. I'm very excited about the next one.
Speaker 2: Now from Nature Summit, the Healthy Trail, Barbara's none of that made so cappy, smile, goody go Lucky Cereal it's chocolatey deluxe flakes.
Speaker 1: So last week I couldn't afford to put gas in my car, so I took an Instacart order and it led me to a store that I would never shop at normally. Can you put your phone down? No, just let me know when you're done.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm done, You're good, Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 1: So I wound up at Whole Foods. Right, I don't shop there. Uh, it's expensive, it's organic. I don't like it. Okay, but I did see the cereal on the shelf while I was there, and I had to go back because you can't combine like Instacart orders with your own order. They get angry, so you can't do that. So I went back for this and never heard of it before. This guy Rip was a firefighter in Austin, Texas, and he created this line of food called Engine two. Oh, because that was the fire company he worked for. There, Engine two, And let's go down for Rip's big bowl original Engine two plant strung. They have a whole line of foods. They got soups and granolas and some other stuff and it's basically like a big old trail mix of cereal. There's all kinds of stuff in here. It doesn't say what's in here, but there's a picture of like stuff.
Speaker 2: It is a very complicated box. Yeah, this is a looks like he's about to like break something open. There's raisins. It looks like mini wheats without frosting. I see walnuts, walnuts, lakes, Yeah, granola, some barley, maybe oats. Is this what firefighters eat?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They just put their hand in things and just eat handfuls of stuff.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: So anyway, they have this original one. There's a berry one. There used to be a banana one, which I don't think there is any more. But it looked very intriguing to me, and I thought this would be a fun cereal.
Speaker 2: Great, let's do it.
Speaker 1: You don't even care.
Speaker 2: How am I supposed to be more excited for engine two Cereal? Well?
Speaker 1: I mean, first of all, what do you don't like firefighters?
Speaker 2: No? I like firefighters?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where does that even come from?
Speaker 1: Gotty?
Speaker 2: Right now, an Andrew, look good? Piece of good?
Speaker 1: Did a piece of cereal fly out?
Speaker 2: No? And if it did, I wish it hit me in the face this.
Speaker 1: Way, could could just be done with this? You just give up? Yep, this is folks. This is what a college degree pays for. Hold on, like so the box as small as it is. Look at that bad man. That's really mis embarrassing. Rip you seem like a good guy. But I mean, come on, package more in your cereal? Bro so I could eat this whole thing myself. Oh god, it's not a challenge, not that I would, Andrew, really, yeah.
Speaker 2: Thank god you stopped exercising because the bag is so hard to rip open?
Speaker 1: Now, oh rip open?
Speaker 2: Just me laughing at your joke.
Speaker 1: It's such a jerk.
Speaker 2: I'm a jerk. He spend the entire episode always making fun of every single thing I do or exaggerating what I do and the minute I fight back a little bits. Oh my god, do you remember that show fight Back?
Speaker 1: No, David Horowitz?
Speaker 2: What with David Harrowitz? He was.
Speaker 1: He was like a consumer reporter type guy, like he would test things, you know, like if say, Igloo Cooler said this can withstand an elephant, you know, then he would get an elephant and put an elephant on it. And it was a fun show in the eighties. He's dead now, Oh okay, yeah he was. He was. He was big and out in LA but it was a national show. Why are you scratching your butt because it itches? And now you're gonna hand me my cereal? I'm not gonna touch it.
Speaker 2: You're disgusting.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? I had an itch.
Speaker 2: You've lost all your manners and I'm so confused as to where they went. Your butt hand just touched my cereal?
Speaker 1: No it didn't. I'm wearing shorts.
Speaker 2: Gross. If I did that, you'd be up in arms, walking out and making your vomit noises.
Speaker 1: Bob, hurry because the milk is soaking through everything. This is bland is all hell. I think you're a good guy, and you're doing a good thing, and this is probably good for people that like healthy stuff and no taste.
Speaker 2: It very much coats your mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, two bowls too. I could see myself probably eating a handful or two of this dry You know, he has a snack like this, and you know what I think really does it or makes it not do it?
Speaker 2: I have a feeling I'm gonna say it is in many weeks. Oh no, it's gonna be the dried oats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're not cooked. They're just oah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 1: It's like when you open a packet of Quaker instant oatmeal, those oats in there. That's there's some of those in here.
Speaker 2: Yes, you get the dryness of both the miniweed and then the dry oatmeal activated together. Your mouth immediately turns into a cement paste. You have to swallow that. It's not enjoyable.
Speaker 1: If there were a few more sweet things like some other there's raisins in there that cranberries too, maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the raisins were good. Yeah, but then there's also giant I know you're gonna laugh giant nuts because you laugh at immature things. Like that, and it just makes it just more textures that you don't need and make it more cement pasty.
Speaker 1: No, it would help it along. Dried apples, apples would help this out. Cinnamon apples.
Speaker 2: No, maybe I'm not gonna put you down.
Speaker 1: You know, the effort is there, and I do appreciate the effort, but it reminds me of this. They have a ice cream. Carvel has an ice cream by my house. I don't think they all have it, but a lot of them still have the hand dip stuff the ice cream that they scoop and it was always called crazy and it just had a little bit of every flavor. So there were sprinkles with chocolate pieces, and yeah, there's all kinds of crap in it from there's like the leftover crap that they scraped out of all the ones, you know before they threw the tin out. Yeah, that's what this is. It's just a mishmash of other cereals and grains and oats. And I gave it two balls as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the effort is there. And if there was one or two more sweet things, because when you do get like a raisin in there, it's not terrible. But it's still not good. And like I said, the cement brick feeling you get in your mouth chewing it all together is not pleasant.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know it's supposed to be healthy, but I suppose if the mini weeeds were frosted, they might add a bit to it. True, but I think that's not what they're going for. So all right, rip, I appreciate it. Man. We'll have you on the show anytime.
Speaker 2: We promise, just not to mock your cereal to your face, or we will.
Speaker 1: There's no mocking about it. I just don't love it, that's all. You know.
Speaker 2: He's gonna give us some story about like it's super dramatic about how he came up with it, and I read a story.
Speaker 1: It's going to be like great, I've researched it. I read a story. I think he's a great guy, good food line. He participates in all these triathlons, and he's a big strong man everything.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good dude, All right, thanks for listening to Serial Killers. Is that three? I don't even know? Yeah? That was three? Okay? What days? Today?
Speaker 2: Today is Monday? Monday, It's labor day.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. Oh, are you laboring because normally, Oh, I'm laboring today. Actually great, Yeah, I'm done. I'm here, I'm back at the radio station.
Speaker 2: Well that's what happens when we record forty six episodes in advance.
Speaker 1: I always labor on labor day.
Speaker 2: Good thing we did this episode in advance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I labor on the big show like I labor today. Yeah, I always, and you can always see my clever little tweet laboring on labor day. How about you.
Speaker 2: I seriously wonder where your life is going to go after the show ends.
Speaker 1: You know what. I think about it often and it scares me. Thank you for listening to serial Killers. Enjoy your day off today unless you're laboring like I am on labor Day. We'll see you on Friday. Have a good week. Please follow us serial Killers PC on Instagram. Did you see that piece of something out of my mouth? And jingle is finally true? Follow us all over the place serial Killers PC like and subscribe to all those things.
Speaker 2: Go check out the serial rankings at serial KILLERSPC dot com.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm sorry, that just makes me laugh. Until we see you on Friday. Say Crunch, Andrew Crunch, have you really actually put that up yet?
Speaker 2: Yes? Liar, yes it is. It's up and you can see it for yourself because liar ever, no