Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: Today is Thursday, March twenty eighth, twenty twenty four, and we are officially four weeks out, twenty eight days away from the NFL Draft at Detroit, Michigan. We are now into Draft month. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome into the Draft Show presented by millerlt A taste you can depend on. It is Mock Draft Day one month out. That's usually when we do our first round mock draft. We will go through all thirty two picks in the first round and we will have them all split up. We've got Ayisha Morrison, Nick Harris who will join us very shortly. Had a meeting that went a little bit long. He's coming just from across the way Big twelve Pro Day across the day away as well. We've got Zach Wolcheck, Brian brought us and then myself, Kyle Yeomans, Chris Bean in the back four weeks away, Brian, What does that mean if you're a scout across the way looking at Yeah, really the task ahead of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've we've we've kind of touched on it before in some previous shows of you're getting close to the Pro days being finished. Yesterday we had LSU, the best university in the country, h their Pro Day with all the best players in the country that were and I'll pick every single one of them today in our mock draft.
Speaker 2: But no for except for that one, uh in defensive line man. Yeah, except for Mason Smith. Mason Smith. Yeah, we had a little Mason Mason Smith. But yeah, you know, we're finishing up Pro days.
Speaker 3: Once you finish up the Pro Days, you're gonna get all the scouts in the building.
Speaker 2: The great thing about being in this building is you also.
Speaker 3: Have the ability to have a Big twelve Pro Day right outside your door. So good for the Cowboys and good for everybody in town taking a part of that. Hats off to the Big twelve for putting this all together, and hats off to the NFL for allowing it to happen the way that it is. But yeah, we're getting to the point now where we're getting close to medical informations in, workout informations in and now we're going to put a board together and that's what you'll see in the month of April leading up to the draft. So a very exciting time for scouts, a little bit of a nervous time. You want to make sure that the guys that you saw during the year you have your thoughts organized. You got to know when to fight, You got to know when to back up, you got to know when to read the room. There's a lot of things that you have to as a scout. There's a responsibility you have to the team. You have to put your ego aside. You have to you know, you have to be willing to fight when necessary. But it's uh, it's a it's a very exciting time when you get to get to do this job.
Speaker 2: It is exciting, and it's it's coming up quick. It really is. Four weeks is gonna blow by. Yep, it's gonna be a snap of the finger and then we're gonna be right back here in this room getting you ready for Draft Day night one. So we're gonna roll through Draft Day night one. This is the current order one through thirty two. Of course, we are gonna take previous trades into account. No trades today, Sorry, Zachy, check that out. I was really trying to wheel in deal here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's not gonna happen. Uh yeah, no trades today, just one through thirty two. Got so made fun of over this, Yeah you did. Honestly, I kind of tabbed used the Cincinnati Bengals. I'm not calling gonna call you know, don't call me.
Speaker 5: I'll just Ozzie noose some of you and take all the good.
Speaker 2: That's usually the way it works. That's usual way it works for me. Yeahta love it. So here's how we're gonna start things off. It goes in this order. We have split up the picks one through five, so it's Aisha, Nick, Zach, Bryan, and then myself in that order, and then we will rotate through. So Aisha has picks one, six, eleven, so on and so forth, and then or Nick has two seven, so on and so forth. So Aisha, I'll let you start things off. The number one overall pick in the twenty twenty four NFL Draft will.
Speaker 6: Be wis there we go.
Speaker 2: That's probably the easiest one. That was a stunner. Wow, I am shocked. Caleb Williams number one. Yeah, that was Nick.
Speaker 7: Literally Nick texts me said, hey, he said.
Speaker 2: That there's a lot of texted you last night.
Speaker 7: He literally was just like, don't over think, you help me.
Speaker 2: Please just pick Caleby please. And let's so the Bears select Caleb Williams with the first overall pick. Any any I guess debate There.
Speaker 3: Probably no no debate, but if you you know, and and Ayisha made a really nice pick for the Bears.
Speaker 2: And and that's where you know the Bears.
Speaker 3: If you look at team needs quarterback, edge wide receiver.
Speaker 2: We'll kind of dive into these.
Speaker 3: The Bears have a that they have the ninth pick as well, so something to think about. But yeah, the on a lot of people's board, the best player, the best quarterback. Uh so it it, you know. But here's the Chicago Bears. Once again, this is the third time that they get to draft potentially a franchise quarterback. They missed with Mitch Trubisky, they missed with Fields, and now here we are with Caleb Williams. So if you're a Bears fan, you have to be kind of like, please let this be the right one. Yes, they're building they're building team the right way. Uh Ryan Poles the general manager there. But yeah, this this is this is going to get their draft started the right way.
Speaker 6: Is it a development thing or they just bet at picking?
Speaker 3: I think there's I think there's some development questions there, Okay.
Speaker 7: Because I want to because that's how I feel about some of these teams, is like, uh we we I don't.
Speaker 6: I'm never going to put it all on the player.
Speaker 2: I just know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think the situation matters a lot. I think they've put Caleb Williams in a good position here where there's some talent around him. They're trying to build that offensive lineup. Maybe at nine they ctricle back and get another wide receiver. We'll have to see how this plays out.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you could say the same thing about the team that's up next, And this is, of course pick number one, no debate. It's most likely and should be Caleb Williams out of USC. This is where the debate begins, which franchise quarterback? If it is a franchise quarterback, should Washington take a stab at is it? Guys like Drake May from North Carolina, Jaden Daniels from LSU JJ McCarthy from Michigan. Nick Harris has this pick, but I'm actually gonna give it to Brian. I'm gonna let Brian pick number two with the Washington Commanders. But I want you to tell me why, because there's a lot of ways that Washington and dan Quinn can go in this election.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is a lot of ways that you could absolutely.
Speaker 2: Go with this.
Speaker 3: When you start to talk about the Commanders, they were super active in free agency, which I think was something they had to do.
Speaker 2: They had a lot of cap.
Speaker 3: Rooms, so they didn't spend a lot of money on one particular player. They kind of spread this thing out. So the hope is to get enough players around this quarterback, whoever they select, whether it's Jane Daniels or Drake May you know, to they want to try and find a way. They have to change the culture there. Dan Quinn is big about the culture. We all know dan Quinn, we appreciate, we respect dan Quinn. He's going to do things the right way. They have to fix their defense. But the quarterback, that's something I've I've and I don't know about you guys. I always felt like the Commanders were a team that were a quarterback away and then their defense played.
Speaker 2: Terribly last year.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you know you're thinking, like, if they had the quarterback, this would be a defensive pick. But this is going to be a quarterback, and you know they really did. They just need to find that guy. And so if you're going to give me this pick, I'm going to take Daniels. The quarterback from.
Speaker 2: LSU is who I'm going to take. Care you think any disagreement there or no. I mean, I think Daniels is the number two guys.
Speaker 6: I think he's the number two guys.
Speaker 5: I love I mean, the the talent that he has the ability to create. But I think sometimes you look at a player like that and you think, like, okay, is he just a runner? When you watch Jaden Daniels play, his ability to.
Speaker 2: Navigate the pocket, keep his eyes downfield, I think the arm talent is there. He can make all the throws for you.
Speaker 5: Jaden Daniels is a special player, and really the sky is the limit for him. With a Cliff Kingsbury type of offensive coordinator, that's scary for the rest of the NFCS. That could really hit and be a home run type of selection. The one thing he's going to need to figure out. We've talked about this, Brian. He needs to take care of his body. He took some vicious shots. There's times where instead of cutting up field, maybe just go ahead and get out of balance. Jayden Daniels, but he has a rare dual threat ability when it comes to being a difference maker with his legs. But he's also got phenomenal arm talent.
Speaker 2: I really like Drake May a lot. Sure. I think Drake May is probably my number two quarterback in this trap. Do I think he fits with Washington? Maybe not. I think the way that they've set things up in that organization, they need somebody that can be mobile with his legs, and Drake May is not that guy. He can be a mobile quarterback if you want him to run out of side of the pocket, but he's not gonna make plays with his legs the same way that Jaden Daniels does. I think Drake May would probably fit in any of these next three or four teams that probably need a quarterback because he's more of a pro style ready guy. But Jada Daniels fitting with the Commanders, I think does fit very well at that number two spot, even though he's my number three quarterback overall as opposed to my number two.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if they weren't able to, if they didn't go well, if Brian didn't go quarterback, they didn't choose a quarterback, I wouldn't be surprised if they.
Speaker 6: Decided to go tackle.
Speaker 7: Sure, yeah, because again like we saw Sam how Will be the most sacked quarterback in the NFL last year, just getting his tail rocked every single time he dropped back.
Speaker 2: And kind of why I think Jayden Daniels works there because they don't have a FAGU and.
Speaker 7: They released Charles Long Junior as well, so you're starting tackle, so they are in need for a tackle as well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there you go. So Caleb Williams, Jade and Daniels one two quarterback to the Patriots go quarterback at three, Zach wil check.
Speaker 5: Patriots here a very upset that Jaden Daniels is off the board. I think he would be their guy if he were there.
Speaker 2: They love them some.
Speaker 5: Jaden Daniels was trying to talk with some folks over there to try and make an educated selection here. I think with Jayden Daniels off the board, they might be taking calls. Whether it's Minnesota they could be looking to go back and trying to acquire some extra picks. The fact that we're not doing trades here, I think they stay locked in. They've made some moves this offseason. They brought in a Jacoby Brissett to where maybe they don't have to play this quarterback right away. They can let him develop. They need a quarterback, they need a receiver, you name it. The Patriots need it. Of offensive tackle, edge, tight end.
Speaker 2: They love. But I'm gonna put Drake May here.
Speaker 5: I think they might have some questions about, you know, is this a guy that when it comes to the leadership some of those intangible traits might be some of the reasons where people in that building are a little split on Drake May. But I think he's the third best quarterback they're in need of one. I think that's the right pick here for the Patriots.
Speaker 7: Yeah, fantastic point about Jacoby Brissett being there. They kind of it's not as much fresh to go get a quarterback. But I do see them there's some rumblings that they're definitely looking at.
Speaker 2: I know Robert krap wants one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but they were heavy heavy at LSU's pro day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if he's there, Daniels will be their pick.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty confident in that.
Speaker 6: I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel it's just quickly on a couple of things. If you mentioned it, if you do get the trade back there, keep an eye on that.
Speaker 2: We mentioned wide receiver, offensive tackle.
Speaker 3: Clearly, Elliott Wolf he's We've all saw New England come here last year. They're very talent poor right now, trading getting picks would be something they would probably entertain.
Speaker 2: So at four three quarterbacks are the top three picks. The Cardinals are now sitting there at four Brian they have, of course Kyler Murray under contract. Do they even entertain and JJ McCarthy there or are they looking elsewhere? And this is going to be the first position player off the board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think to me, this is where when you look at the when you look at the Cardinals, you know they they they're they're very talent poor when it comes to wide receiver. They've got a away even though here's a team that beat the Cowboys last year. They did a great job of scheming. But Michael Wilson, Greg Dorch, Trey McBride, those are the names you're playing with right now. So you know that's linebackers are concerned there. Cornerbacks are concern there. But I think if you're the if you're the Arizona Cardinals here, I personally like Neighbors from LSU as the wide receiver here, but I think they would go Marvin Harrison Junior from Ohio State would be their pick there.
Speaker 2: Wow, there you go. And it's funny. The Chargers same sort of thing. You're looking at their depth chart and they drafted Quinton Johnston with their first pick last year. But outside of that, it's Joshua Palmer, Darius Davis, and Simmy Fojoko, who you know very well. So if Marvin Harrison, Marvin Harrison Junior is not the pick with the Cardinals at four, he would much likely, very likely to be the pick for LA at five. I think if either way, LA's going with a wide receiver in this scenario, they have to find some sort of weaponry to put around. Justin Herbert no more, Keenan Allen no more, Mike Williams. Your tight end position is pretty thin to you went out and you signed Hayden Hurst this past offseason. Will Disley comes over from Seattle. You got to find somebody to throw the football. Too. So they're gonna take Malik Neighbors wide receiver out of l s U with the fifth pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jim Harp, Jimmy John, Jim Harp, Jim Jimmy, I'll get my harboss correct. At the owner's meeting, he was talking about the importance of offensive alignment too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, offensive line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so you know at this would this be somewhere where they would consider Joe Alt the tackle from Notre Dame, He's the tackle, the number one tackle on a lot of folks board. Uh, but yeah, the wide receiver. It was just they've got to get better. They've got to try and help justin Herbert there. They do well in elite neighbors too.
Speaker 2: When you were looking at what he could bring, like you say, he could be the number one wide receiver on some team's boards right over. Phenomenal.
Speaker 5: His pro day great and we've talked about it truly. The after the catch sets him apart there. But I wouldn't be surprised if even uh A Fuluaga was in play there for the Chargers used the right tackle. And it was just interesting listening to hardball talk about the of the offensive line. Yeah, and his time with San Francisco. He spent a lot of resources on the offensive line.
Speaker 2: He did, Yes, he did, all right. I sugre up pick number six with the New York Giants.
Speaker 7: Hmm, okay, let's see, hmm, let's see who.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to look at what I felt like they needed.
Speaker 7: And uh, they have some ties interesting enough, Like they've had some ties to Drake May. They lost Saquon Barkley running back, they lost Xavier McKinney safety.
Speaker 6: There was some interest in Joe Ault. So I'm gonna go with Joe Alt.
Speaker 7: If he's not off this board yet, he's definitely gonna be their guy that they were a little down on Evan Neil and some of the production they've got there.
Speaker 6: And they do have, is it Thomas on the other side left tackle? Yes, Thomas, and he's solid.
Speaker 7: But I do think they might want to improve at the tackle position and see what they can get there.
Speaker 6: So let's go Joe Alt.
Speaker 2: Joe notre Dame I like to pick. I mean Joe Al.
Speaker 5: I can see he's the top offensive tackle for for most people.
Speaker 2: The athleticism.
Speaker 5: I do think they'll have a conversation unless it's just one of these you know, draft rumor whispers, smoke screens. It isn't true, but they seem to be interested in JJ McCarthy as well.
Speaker 2: All right, Nick Harris is in the building. Everybody. Welcome to the show, mister Nick Harris.
Speaker 7: Just we have to do your picks for you not as good as you know.
Speaker 9: I trust in my war room to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got you. But this is the hell of a day for you.
Speaker 5: We got freaking pro day combine deal going over next door.
Speaker 4: This today is a very wild day for me. But yeah, yeah, absolutely. Where are we at?
Speaker 9: So we're at pick number seven, Okay, So I hoped it.
Speaker 4: Was the Titans there, Yeah, no, Joe, it went to the.
Speaker 9: Giants, Okay, fying the Titans. Interesting.
Speaker 2: Here are the names that are off the board, just to help you out. Caleb Williams went first, quarterback USC first over all of the Bears. Commanders took Jayden Daniels quarterback out of LSU. Number two. Number three was Drake May quarterback from North Carolina. Marvin Harrison Junior was pick number four to the Cardinals out of Ohio State. Molakue Neighbors was gone LSU goes to the Chargers, and then offensive tackle Joe Alt out of Notre Dame goes to the Giants at pick number six to reset the board for you now on the clock with the Tennessee Titans at number seven.
Speaker 7: You're right, though, they do need some miny to protect Will Levis.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they do. They need to tackle.
Speaker 4: You also wonder if they want if that tackle, if Joe Alton out there, that they want competition with Will Levis. With McCarthy still on the board, I think I'm gonna go Tillisi Fuaga here though, I think that's that's a safe pick to throw in at tackle. I mean, just to have the combination of an elite tackle at seven with Peter Skoronsky, I mean that would be that would be huge.
Speaker 9: So give me Tillisi Fuaga.
Speaker 2: So if Waga off the board, I mean oulu Fashanu from Penn State still available, but two of the top tackles off the board. As we go to Zach and the Falcons at number eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Falcons here, everybody wants to mock them an edge. That seems to be the sexy pick.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 5: They did make some moves this offseason when it comes to helping out the secondary a little bit. We know obviously the Kirk Cousins edition is a big one for them. I do think Corner could be in play here as well. Terry and Arnold from Alabama would be interesting. Dallas Turner is the sexy pick. I am not a Dallas Turner guy. I wouldn't take him this high. I'm gonna give them the best all around edge just because I wonder where teams have light to La tou and that might be a lot too. I wouldn't be shocked if n one it's Joey Porter Junior style. He doesn't go in the first round. Yeah, because of the medicals. I think a lot of teams are gonna be scared about Lattu. He's my top edge. I'm gonna give him Jared Verse, I don't state best well rounded edge comes to playing the run, also getting after the quarterback.
Speaker 2: I've got him great, a higher than Dallas Turner. So I'm going to go Dallas or excuse me, Jared Vers.
Speaker 6: There, Okay, some ties there too.
Speaker 7: I think they had him on a He's going to be a thirty visit.
Speaker 6: So yeah, that's a good pick.
Speaker 2: So edge, Yeah, you know it's funny.
Speaker 3: The Falcons were one of those teams I should that last year they were a top ten defense, you know, and they just couldn't figure out the quarterback situation. And now they go out and get Kirk Cousins. So yeah, adding defensive pieces though, always a good thing for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brian, you're on the clock. The Bears at number nine, their second pick of this first round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the Chicago Bears, and we, like I say, we grabbed the quarterback with the with the first uh, the first pick. We're grateful that that Turner wasn't taken. So we're going to take Turner the edge from Alabama with our ninth pick, is what we're gonna do there.
Speaker 2: You go, so back to back, it's three straight quarterbacks, then two straight wide receivers, then two straight offensive tackles, now two straight edges. Going to pick number ten with the Jets on the board, I'll roll through this one quickly. This is going to be Fashanu Penn State. He's going to be their offensive tackle in the future. He's going to help protect Aaron Rodgers and his not so great achilles moving forward. But still he's somebody that needs protection and the Jets are going to go out and do that. And he's gonna probably play right tackle, I'm assuming while Tyron Smith's at left tackle, and then they'll probably move him over at left t makes sense. Tyren Smith misses seven games.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I definitely creeped on the Jets folks and some of their draft content. And even though they're excited to have Tyrant there, they sound like us. They're like, but if maybe, if win, I'm not sure if he's gonna, you know, stay.
Speaker 5: And they're desperate to find that right tackle. They have tried and they have failed as well. We talked about the Bears and quarterbacks. Jets have struggled with offensive tackle two.
Speaker 2: Well, you've talked about this before, Ryan, When you have a surplus of one position, go ahead and grab an Yeah, that's something I learned in Green Bay.
Speaker 3: If you feel like you're really good at a position, go ahead and grab another guy to kind of it. It always pays off for you at the end.
Speaker 2: No doubt. All right, now, it's back to Aisha on the board at number eleven. We're gonna go to pick fifteen before we take our first break. So Aisha, you're on the board.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's easy for me.
Speaker 7: They lost when they lost their linebacker, lost their quarterback. They've been going through it over there. Who's I'm gonna go? Drake May is still on the board. They think they go Drake.
Speaker 3: May, McCarthy, they went to the Patriots on the board, McCarthy's on the board.
Speaker 7: They'll go JJ McCarty. They definitely aren't. Yeah, I mean, at this point, what are we talking about the Community Quarterback podcast.
Speaker 2: For that no problem? Do you think they're happy with JJ McCarthy if that spot at number eleven or I mean you were trying to trade this pick last night? Yeah, I mean I've heard two things. May.
Speaker 5: I think that they do like a lot. I think they'd be trying to move up to three or four to go get one of these dudes. But I think that they do like JJ McCarthy as well. But you know, it was interesting their head coach, Kevin O'Connell, he was talking about Michael Penix.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 5: Ye talks about the accuracy. Penix could be a sneaky guy that's in play there for Minnesota. I wonder if they're kind of hiding how much they really like him.
Speaker 7: I wrote that down with the question mark because I did listen to that as well. And you know, coaches, especially during this time there. If they're saying things, you can pick up on little hints, suff like what.
Speaker 5: He mentions accuracy, And here's the guy that pops out to us. It's probably Michael Pennick Junior with that deep ball accuracy, which is rare.
Speaker 2: So then you've got the Broncos at twelve, Nick Harris on the board.
Speaker 9: Yeah, by now, they I don't want to wait at all.
Speaker 4: So in my first mock draft that I put on Dallas Cowboys dot com ya and go check that out, I had I had kind of an interesting trade here at twelve for the Eagles to jump up and take Quinnon Mitchell just go ahead and solidify really good secondary help. We're not doing any trades here, but I thought that was an interesting one to where the Broncos could slide back to twenty two and still grab bo Nicks because I just feel like bon Nicks is such a perfect fit for Sean Payton and the quarterbacks that he's developed over his time. So I'm gonna take a you know, we're not doing a trade back scenarios here, so at twelve, I'm gonna go bon Nicks just because that quarterback room as of now as Jarret Stoodham and then the new chain. You have no one and so they need a gee. They need they need some they need some help. I'm not the biggest bon Nicks believer.
Speaker 2: That's what's shocking to me about this.
Speaker 9: But I think it fits for the Broncos.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 6: I'm like, yeah, we're here, Okay.
Speaker 5: If Sean Payton's doing it, I'm going to give him the benefit of the down. We know he's got an eye for quarterback. But goodness gracious, I would not be taking Bonick with Pennicks.
Speaker 3: On the board. I would have questioned that one. But you know, knowing Sean, I think you've got him nailed. I think, you know, I think.
Speaker 2: Sean really likes McCarthy.
Speaker 3: I think that's a guy that he would love to to you know, uh, I know, I've I've talked to him about these quarterbacks and stuff. He really likes McCarthy. He didn't give me a indicasha one way or another where he was going. But that's an interesting pick with Pinnix on the board. Yeah, that for him. But you're doing what they you think they might do, and that's that's okay.
Speaker 4: It also wouldn't surprise me if they wait till day two or day three to grab a quarterback to throw in that room, and then go ahead and draft Roma Dunza at That would also be a legitimate auption, just because that whoever that rookie quarterback is, they have a legit w R one ready to go.
Speaker 7: Respectfully, the Raiders are not complaining about Pinnis being on the board.
Speaker 6: That's the next pick. Go ahead, I'm not gonna see.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, though, we've we've talked about this before. The Raiders are as liable as anybody when it comes to the most outlandish pick ever. But this this is ready made for the Las Vegas Raiders, right it is.
Speaker 5: It's ready made for them to take Xavier Worthy wiers down baby, And honestly, that would not shock me. If the Raiders did that, they would be all over the speed. I do think offensive tackle is interesting. With a guy like j C. Latham there right now, I think would be in play. But I think they're going to start to panic here with bo Nicks having just been taken.
Speaker 2: They do need a quarterback.
Speaker 5: I would have probably gone offensive tackle if we didn't have a run here, But I'm gonna give a Michael Pennings Junior out of Washington. They need a quarterback, and right now he's the last top one for me out of the four guys.
Speaker 2: So I think the.
Speaker 5: Raiders just pull the trigger here and you take the guy to Washington.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 9: To six quarterbacks in the first thirteen picks.
Speaker 2: That's wild. And I can't believe Roma Dunese has lid to fourteen. Yes, that's the thing is You've had Harrison Junior and Neighbors off the board as a wide receiver and that's it, and then offensive tackle Fuaga alt Fashano off the board. So wild. Now you got the Saints coming up a pick fourteen. Brian, what you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the New Orleans Saints right now, and they're kind of in a situation. The Saints are always one of these teams that's super, super aggressive in the way that they want to approach the draft. I know Sean was always a guy that was interested in going up if he could. They need offensive linemen, they need defensive lineman. The cornerback situation, they were just not very good at all in the trenches. I think that to me, then you know you're looking at potentially uh. I think this is where the surprise comes. And I think that they take our guy from Washington, the tackle Fontano. I think that that that that's I think that's where the direction that they're going to go. They're going to surprise us a little bit with that pick over guy and laid them guys like that. I think they're going with the Washington tackle. He's got some versatility to him. So I think that's the direction I'm going to go.
Speaker 2: Man, when you said our guy out of Washington, I was like, Oh, so Romea Dunze is going to be out there. Nope, Nope.
Speaker 5: I think that's a good pick, especially with the Ryan Ramschik news to be got. He might be out for the year, and that guy, that guy is awesome Ryan Ramschik, No, no, I know you're talking about.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: If the Colts are looking at Roma Dunes fifteen, they will throw a party of yeah, oh yeah, they will throw a part.
Speaker 2: I've already written it in once once it was there. I didn't even write the fourteenth pick. I just wouldn't never written wrote it in. Romea Dunze is going to be the pick to the s at fifteen wide receiver out of Washington. Number three wide receiver on my board overall six foot three nearly two hundred and twelve pounds, just a total playmaker. And if he's sitting there at pick fifteen, he's my number eighth overall ranked player. And so yeah, I mean that's an absolute still you're gonna get for phone calls of other teams are like, hey, I'd like to go get some Roma Dune day right now? Please?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, really quick.
Speaker 4: If you see a run of receivers in this top fifteen and most of these guys are off the board, Marvin Harrison Junior, Elie Neighbors are on Withdonday, Brian Thomas Junior, maybe even if he gets in there, do not be surprised if the Colts do pull the trigger on Xavier.
Speaker 2: Word, I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 5: I think Worthy will end up going ahead of Ady Mitchell. Mitchell's another one of these guys. Maybe he could slide out. Okay, So you think Worthy will go quicker than I do. I think the speed I think the speed factor is gonna bump him up.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: I have Mitchell graded higher. Personally, I think he's a hell of a player, But I think these teams cove it the speed we've seen it time and time again. Henry Ruggs, it comes to mind being the first receiver off the board, which was a surprise to us, and that loaded receiver class with CD and Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 3: I think this receiver class is so deep that maybe you don't have to get the receiver first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really don't that you could.
Speaker 3: Maybe you could get a guy with similar traits coming back around.
Speaker 2: Could.
Speaker 3: So that's why maybe this receiver room might stretch a little bit more with people like, oh, they want to take a receiver here, then all of a sudden, well wait a minute, there's a guy like worthy available here, you know, a little bit later.
Speaker 2: I mean, I we did talk about that a little bit last year too, because it was deep at wide receiver last year and we had to wait till pick. This is a quality group of guys when you start to talk.
Speaker 3: We've all talked about Pearsol from Florida, but get South Carolina, Roman Wilson, Michigan. I mean, there's a quality group of guys that could be easily second round guys on a lot of people's boards.
Speaker 2: All right, we got to take our first break. Three straight. Washington Offensive players go to pick fifteen, three thirteen, fourteen, fifteen pinnicks, Fatanu dunsay, we'll reset the board and we'll get you ready for picks sixteen. We're twenty three, leading you into the Cowboys pick. When we come back with more of the draft show right after this.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 9: Snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 2: He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 8: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion.
Speaker 2: When I played in.
Speaker 8: The NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near far in between.
Speaker 2: Don't with your vision any longer.
Speaker 11: Visit them at.
Speaker 8: Dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 2: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 12: In a stressful world. Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Nautilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 13: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothieking wants to ask you.
Speaker 2: What's that sound.
Speaker 13: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothe bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool Iie or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzles. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you make it them disappear. Smoothie Bows now in two new decadent flavors only. Smoothie King the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: He is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 13: Boys Back here on the Draft Show presented by Miller Light It Taste.
Speaker 2: You can depend on. This segment is brought to you by your Texas for dealers. Ford is the best in Texas. I Issha Morrison, Brian brought us Nick Harris, Zach Wilchuck. I'm Kyle Yeomans. We are fifteen picks down in our Round one Draft Show Mock Draft, kayleb Williams, Jaden Daniels, Drake May Then, Marvin Harrison Junior, Moliite Neighbors, Joe Alt Talisi, Fuaga, Jared First, Dallas Turner. Olu Fashanu from Penn State is at ten that's the top ten picks. Then it goes JJ McCarthy, Bo Nicks, Michael Pennix, Junior, Troy Fatanu, and then Rome Dunze at fifteen leads us into the Seattle Seahawks. I Aha, Morrison, you're on the clock.
Speaker 7: Yes, so us I felt like Seattle is in need of tackle because two of the guys that they like will have had some interest in our Forshanu Andtanu have mercy, have mercy on us since those guys are gone. I think that Cowboy's former DC Adam Durday bangs on the table says, hey, we need to be able to stop, to run up the middle, and Byron, Byron Murphy.
Speaker 4: Him developing with Hankins would be really fun. Absolutely, Leonard Williams in there to someone.
Speaker 2: Hurts a little bit. It just hurts a.
Speaker 6: Little, it does. But I can see him.
Speaker 7: I can see him going up there and being like, yeah, my show.
Speaker 6: Now, we're not gonna play these their games. Let's stop, We're stopping.
Speaker 2: They've got some fun edge rushers, boy out there. They've got some fun guys that they can bring off the second level too. If they have a stout interior defensive line with Jonathan Hankins and Daniel Murphy, Byron.
Speaker 6: Murphy, it's going to be a lot of fun. So yeah, go ahead, guys.
Speaker 2: Jaggs at seventeen, Nick Harris.
Speaker 9: Jags at seventeen. This is a man.
Speaker 4: We're looking at these corners that have not gone off the board, and you know, Jacksonville might go in a different direction if it doesn't fall that way. But since it is falling that way, and considering Byron Murphy just fell off the clock, that's probably a need that they would want. I think they just go ahead and grab the best corner in the draft. Quannon Mitchell m oh okay over, Yeah, yeah, I'm a Quon.
Speaker 9: I'm a Quannon Truther.
Speaker 2: Toledo at seventeen, Toledo, the fighting Barry Churches, Let's go there. You go, Quinnyon? Why okay? Why? Quinnon Mitchell? I just want to hear it.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think he's the most complete corner. Whenever you look at coverageability and man zone, he can do it all. He can step up and defend the run. He does everything at an amendable level that you you want at that position.
Speaker 9: I think he's a Day one starter.
Speaker 4: I love Terry and Arnold too, Like it's it's a one A, one B type situation for me. But I love Quannon's aggressiveness a little little bit more in physicality a little bit more, and it doesn't lead to penalties. And I think there's a healthy balance that he finds there. I love what he does. I loved him at the Senior Bowl. To everything that he's done since he's touched on a field, I have just enjoyed.
Speaker 9: It's hard to find a negative about.
Speaker 2: Mitchell's ball skills. Remind me a little bit of drown Bland.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's a great point. That's a great point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got a little bland in him.
Speaker 4: He had three interceptions in a game last season and return two of them for a.
Speaker 2: T Illinois I believe it is.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, sneaky that.
Speaker 3: You gotta love the length of the player too and all that you know, And and Doug, they had a collapse last year. That team was eight and three at one point and it completely fell apart after that. They've got to figure out ways to get guys. They have a good roster, it's it's they need some tough guys and and Mitchell's that kind of player.
Speaker 2: So he goes off the board, first corner off the board? What are you thinking? An eighteen? Could it be another first for a singular position? It could be.
Speaker 5: Offensive line is always in play with Cincinnati. With you guys got like you know, Latham's on the board, Mimmes is on the board. They did go ahead and bring in Trent Brown, former New England Patriot at right tackle. This is just a pure fun pick here. But I don't know how you pass on him. If you're Cincinnati and brock Bowers the tight end out of Georgia, if they're.
Speaker 2: Able, you know, nothing happens with t Higgins. You have Bowers Higgins in chase along with Joe Burrow. Look out, that is quite the offensive weaponry and arsenal there for the Bengals. Brock Bowers would be absolutely so much fun to watch with the Bengals next year.
Speaker 4: Oh Man, quick correction. It was four interception game for Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But Wayne, yeah fo goodness.
Speaker 9: It's like Tuesday Night in maction and he's intercepts.
Speaker 2: Picking off every throw. All right, Rams are on the clock at nineteen after brock bowers first tight end off the board. Does that change anything for you? Brian?
Speaker 3: No, that you know, the Rams are in a situation too. They you know, they lose one of the best defensive linemen in the league, maybe one of the best ever play. They can use some edge, they can use a corner here. They could absolutely lose a linebacker. You know, they're they're still trying to add. They've added some veteran secondary guys with Darius Williams, and you know with White coming over.
Speaker 2: He's been off an injured.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I kind of feel like though that they they can't pass on. They can't pass on who I think is the best corner in the draft, and that's Arnold from Alabama. The Rams take Arnold, cornerback Alabama for their pick.
Speaker 2: That's a pin throw from me across the across the table for the Steelers on the next pick. Steelers did address. But I think Terry and Arnold's the best corner in the draft as well. I do love me some Quinnon Mitchell. I think he's great. I think Nate Wiggins is possibly a first round talent sure Clemson as well, not necessarily here, but Terry on Arnold is that guy. I think you're talking about just a high caliber all around corner. I was gonna take them at twenty. So this is gonna pivot and this one's gonna be a pin throw for all of the Dallas Cowboys fans out there. What are you doing? They went out and they addressed their quarterback position. They went and got both Russell Wilson and Justin Fields. Those quarterbacks are off the board. You've got Roderick Jones, who was a first round pick last year over at right tackle. But then you've got two undrafted guys on the interior. They're gonna go ahead and take at pick number twenty, Graham Barton, interior offensive linebe out of Duke is the twentieth pick to the Pittsburgh freaking Steelers. Can't stdge you, ir know, I blame Brian for taking the best corner in the draft one pick beforehand to.
Speaker 3: The Steelers for the team taking the pick before. The Cowboys have a history of doing that. Yeah, sometimes, but here they go again. Grant Barton, though, that's that's a that's a nice pick for them.
Speaker 2: I'd be a Steeler type of pick.
Speaker 4: If that's a pin throw for Dallas, that's a table throw for Miami because at twenty one coming up next, Miami needs that center.
Speaker 6: Yeah, get out of my business.
Speaker 2: See. And that's the thing is they have an undrafted player at center and Nate Herbig and then they've got a right guard that's an undrafted player as well. I mean they've they've addressed it. Yeah, it sounds like something's going on here. They've addressed it previously, made a couple of signings, but they don't feel confident on their interior, and they want to protect one of those guys, either Fields or Wilson. All right on the board to pick number twenty one Miami Dolphins and Aisha Morrison on the clock.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's going to be real easy for me. If Graham Barton is gone.
Speaker 7: The next center on the board is Jackson Powers Johnson out of Oregon, and I think that the Dolphins go ahead and address that issue there.
Speaker 6: Losing Wilkins is a big deal.
Speaker 7: I kind of thought maybe they would maybe feel some pressure to go DT early.
Speaker 6: But I'm not going to take the other people's picks. But anyway, there you go really easy.
Speaker 2: Set a table throw for the Eagles at twenty two to replace Jason Kelsey.
Speaker 9: Nick potentially, I don't think it's a table throw.
Speaker 4: It's maybe a pen but there's so many other needs I think for the Eagles that make sense at twenty two, I think they'd be okay with I think they probably would still probably take a different player.
Speaker 9: Here is it my pick?
Speaker 2: It is your pick?
Speaker 4: Okay that I still feel like they would go Cooper de Gene just to go ahead and grab a guy in the secondary. We saw that secondary last year and how much it really hurt them in that bad stretch that they had in the back of the season. Go ahead and bring in a guy who has not only experience, but he has special teams ability. You know, I feel like they've been looking for that special teams guy as well. He could potentially play into that. Yeah, give me Cooper de jen there at twenty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, love that pick. That's a great replacement for Vonte Maddocks, who they lost, a guy that you know, could really be a versatile player, safety, slot corner. What you want to do there?
Speaker 5: The return ability is also special with the Cooper de Gene.
Speaker 2: So one more pick to go. We will then take our second break and then we'll address the Cowboys at twenty four. But the Vikings, Zach Wilchuck, you're on the clock at twenty three. Yeah, this one's interesting. Here. They've got their quarterback and JJ McCarthy they took earlier.
Speaker 5: You look at some of the needs that they have right now. I think defensive line, interior offensive line. You could go edge. JC Latham's on the board. Do they want to kick him inside and play him at guard? I just kind of have a feeling. I don't know why, but how about Johnny Newton, the defensive tackle out of Illinois. I don't know that they would do this, but I just am gonna go with my football gut here they could use some interior defensive tackle help. Let's go with Johnny Newton, who I think might go a little bit higher than some of us think.
Speaker 2: That what he's going by. Is he going by Johnny? I've seen Johnny? Yeah, okay, I didn't know that geor john is what I was always Yeah, well that's his little name.
Speaker 6: I think that.
Speaker 7: I mean, if the Dolphins weren't so needy for center, and maybe the Dolphins think maybe they could find the center later, I think they might have taken Newton because when you look at the loss of Wilkins, yes, you're looking for that temperament and a guy that can come in play with violent hands. I think that he's a guy as well that maybe the Dolphins will be looking at the pick before absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean, he'd be a great replacement there.
Speaker 5: And that's a dude in Newton who the rare combination of power and speed that he's got. He's a special type of player.
Speaker 3: I think Wiggins could have been in play here out of Clemson. This is a team that wasn't very good in the secondary last year if you talk about you know, if you look at metrics and coverage rankings and stuff like that, they were twenty fourth in the league. So, you know, helping with the interior I think helps the secondary. But they could have they could have maybe looked at one of those corners there too, but it's a deep position.
Speaker 2: Maybe they circle back. There are some intriguing names on the board still. As the Cowboys are now on the clock at pick number twenty four, we're going to talk about the options we're gonna make the pick, and then we'll wrap things up on the Draft Show in our first round Mock Draft twenty twenty four.
Speaker 10: Right after this, Hi Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer here. If you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell Mary go where I went. Care I Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 13: At Laser care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see check.
Speaker 10: Them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hood.
Speaker 12: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Natilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 11: I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper the.
Speaker 2: Press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes laft. He'll look full a pirns down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prus Scott's gonna run this ship show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 13: Hi, I'm Danny mccraid, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothi bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issai or Patayo bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth granola, fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie Bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King. The official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show Back. You're on the Draft Show presented by Miller Light a taste you can depend We are in the middle of our first round mock Draft twenty twenty four. We just finished picks fifteen to twenty three. We'll run through them really quickly. Byron Murphy, defensive tackle from Texas at sixteen to the Seahawks. Quinyon Mitchell goes to the Jags out of Toledo. Brock Bowers from Georgia, the tight end, goes to the Bengals. At eighteen. The Rams take Terry On Arnold Corner from Alabama. Steelers take Graham Barton, interior offensive lineman from Duke Jackson Powers. Johnson goes a pick later out of Oregon, same position to the Dolphins. The Eagles take Cooper de jene Corner from Iowa, and then Johnny Newton, the interior defensive lineman out of Illinois, goes to the Vikings at twenty three. Brian brought Us has the Dallas Cowboys selection at twenty four. Before you make the pick, I want to know what's going through your head seeing some of these names like J. C. Latham still on the clock or still on the board. You've got a lot too from UCLA on the clock. I mean, there's a lot of intriguing options here.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out though, if any one of these top is going to make me not want to move Tyler Smith. You know, is there anybody And I'll ask the question to the group here as well when you start to talk about because I've got guys like Guidon Latham Mimes those are my tackles that are sitting there, is is any one of those tackles And by the way, if there's a I know we can't trade back, but we're a pretty good shape if we want to trade back. Hereat this this kind of I think falls the right way.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, with Fraser being on the board the center as well, we've lost a couple of centers along the way. But you know, depending on what they think about Fraser, you've got the three tackles on the board. You could trade back off that that's a possibility.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: LAT two is very interesting. I know I issue we always talk about the edge and who's the edge? Is the medical going to be good enough to be able to consider him. But I'm just gonna ask you, guys, is there any one of these tackles that will get us not to move Tyler Smith that you see, like.
Speaker 2: Mims and Geiton. I think that they could take both. Now I don't.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think Guiden's a second rounder, but at this point in the draft, maybe they like him. I mean, look, we've talked about it. They value how many names.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've all got twenty two to twenty three NA first round crazy, So.
Speaker 2: I mean that's where we're at right now.
Speaker 5: I think Latham's the best of the tackles. He's my left first round, last first round tackle.
Speaker 2: But the problem is, I just I think he's a right side tackle. Now. He could kick into guard if you want, and then maybe you can move Tyler over to tackle and you feel pretty down good about guards.
Speaker 5: I mean, there might be people that think that he could be an all pro guard, but it's tough to pass on Latham. Maybe they think that he could play on the left side.
Speaker 7: I don't know, y'all. It might be being biased, but Alabama tackles scared, and I don't know what it is about them, it's it's it just seems like the last couple that we've seen get drafted have fantastic collegiate careers and then they come into the NFL and they've struggled.
Speaker 6: So I'm and I.
Speaker 7: Don't know if that's development thing. I don't know, whatever case may be. You know, maybe it's just a program.
Speaker 6: But I have I have biases. I gotta get out. I got to get out of it.
Speaker 7: My bad.
Speaker 2: If you looked up and down your sheet, Yeah, first round grades, who do you have? I have? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, you know I have Thomas the wide receiver for LSU guiding uh, and then I have Latham Alabama there uh and lat too and Wiggins and then Nube in the safety from Minnesota.
Speaker 2: So you've got five choices.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got Yeah, I've got some choices there. But I'm trying to determine, like I said, is there enough of these? You know, I know, I need a center. I'm trying to figure out if I because whether I the tackle I draft is probably gonna keep Tyler Smith at at left guard. Yeah, so I'm trying to figure out the best one. And I wonder what their room would say. I wonder if their room likes memes better than Guiden, better than Latham, you know, That's what I would. I'm trying to make the pick. Maybe not so much for me, sure, but what they might do?
Speaker 6: Would you guard?
Speaker 2: I would I would take Gydon, you would take I would take. I'm with you.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 3: Scares mem scares me and like I I talked with Scout in the league, a guy I trust, and he says, I don't see Latham as a left tackle because I see him he could play right tackle and he might be an All Pro guard.
Speaker 2: I've said that before. So could you? Could you put Tyler Smith out the left tackle and then he's your guard of the future?
Speaker 6: Guards are better than that's that's that's a good point though.
Speaker 7: Was looking at how many of the tackles are going to be better than Tyler Smith at tackle right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, not that many of them really.
Speaker 2: Sure, And if you want to win now, you could put Tyler Smith out the left tackle. You could put J. C. Latham as your left guard and you can roll with that in the future. Absolutely, if you feel like that's the fit for Latham.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think could get jigg there, arms.
Speaker 5: The athleticism, There's a lot of trades that I could see them liking.
Speaker 4: About Yeah, this one's interesting. I think take a lot Toto.
Speaker 2: Would be my best place.
Speaker 9: I know a couple of people who would.
Speaker 4: But I like the idea of Latham inside a guard and kicking, kicking Tyler Tyler out in this situation, if I'm here, I'm trading back.
Speaker 2: I think I think you're in a good shape if you want to dance that way. So would everybody trade back?
Speaker 3: I know I would in this currently on the board, Yes, how far you could probably go down? If we talked about Buffalo at twenty eight, I mean you could probably go four spots if you want, Yeah, you know so, And depending on how much you like Fraser the Center, you can maybe even go all the way down to further Baltimore at thirty you want, Yeah, and pick up those that three that late three that we were all.
Speaker 2: Kind of looking at.
Speaker 7: What's your pig by.
Speaker 3: For the Dallas Cowboys, I think they're gonna take Guidon and I think they're gonna think that they're guiding and they're gonna sell it as this is Flozell Adams to Jerry Jones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I think They're gonna Mountain of a Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I think they're gonna do. Tyler gydon offensive tackle lot of room, are we That's why I kind of put it up to you guys too. I'm okay with it. I could be I'm all right with it.
Speaker 4: Can I bring up a name that we that didn't get brought up with? Jordan Morgan, which I think.
Speaker 5: Is Morgan would be in the guard conversation I think for them.
Speaker 6: But that's why I said, do they just take it? At that point?
Speaker 7: If you look down at the tackles and ain't none of them better than Tyler, do you just take a guard? Just take the best guard because the guard hasn't gotten taken.
Speaker 2: Besides, who is that Barton?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Barton?
Speaker 6: And there that's been a guard taking.
Speaker 2: So no, there hadn't been.
Speaker 3: If you talk about BB and No Christian and guys like that, I mean, but do you.
Speaker 2: Feel like that gets stretched to fifties to the fifties and your next pick?
Speaker 9: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: I think it could think BEB could be there, Christian Haynes. I wonder where he's gonna go. Yeah, And with Morgan and Memes and Latham still on the board, pitter pattering around down the back half of the first round. If you wanted to wait until fifty six and make that selection in the second round, you may have some offensive interior guys there too.
Speaker 7: I know we're just mocking and it is what it is. But I do think it's a lot of teams are thinking about trading and things.
Speaker 6: Like that in this draft.
Speaker 7: There's some opportunity there to get some good value the.
Speaker 2: Way this fell for us.
Speaker 3: Looking at it, I'm cool we could back out of this thing if we could get a deal that we could pick up an extra three or four. I'm cool with backing out of this thing. But because but if I had to think what me personally, I just I have questions about Mims. I think Morgan in their eyes as a guard. I think Latham might be a guard in their eyes too. And there's and that's an option. If you want to kick Tyler, put Latham in there, man, I have no problem with that.
Speaker 2: But if you want to just go for a.
Speaker 3: Tackle, I'm taking guiding in this situation because I think he could play left tackle. I'm not sure Latham can Mims. He just there's not enough games. But I might be way wrong about it.
Speaker 2: I know Mims. The upside on him. You guys tell me about floors and ceilings all the time.
Speaker 5: The upside on Mims has me really excited about him. But I think I think you're right about Guidon. I think they'd lean there.
Speaker 2: I will say the team after the Dallas Cowboys had picked number twenty five, they need a left tackle, and they need a true left tackle because of the same questions on Jordan Morgan and with j C. Latham. They're going to take Amarius mems At picked number twenty five in this mock draft. So Memes will go to the Packers at twenty five. So you may have had him in the conversation, but they need a true left tackle because right now they're working with us true quick circlet back.
Speaker 3: Though it's a group we're okay with guiding then right, yeah, we're okay, We're okay, all right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So mems off the board at twenty five the Buccaneers and I Sha, you're on the clock at twenty six.
Speaker 7: Uh, maybe they need edge and even though they maybe dance with the idea of getting a lot too, I think again the medical stuff is a little concerning.
Speaker 6: I think they go Chop Robinson.
Speaker 2: Paskay Man Shop. Robinson he's fun.
Speaker 5: The get off that he has, just the firing off the ball, the quick twitches that he has. Chop Robinson is a fantastic player. The finishing is something he needs to work on a little bit. There's times where he will to completely blow up a play and then he just doesn't make this sack or make the tackle. But Chop Robinson can be really really special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Cardinals on the clock at twenty seven there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is this is another interesting one. Cardinals getting their second pick in the first round. I think they can put a cornerstone on offense and Marvin Harrison Junior, and I think they can circle back and get a really big time cornerstone on defense in Lyles.
Speaker 9: Two lots. So we're gonna go ahead and take lots of off the board.
Speaker 7: Here, especially with having the two picks, they can take the take the risk. I guess with Lato.
Speaker 2: So a lot too. Back to back edges after back to back offensive tackles.
Speaker 9: Couldn't make a guess case for four straight edges?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Five, honestly, yeah.
Speaker 2: You really could. Bills need that as well. What do you think of, Zach?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Bills are an interesting team here, they've lost a lot in free agency with Gave Davis, Leonard Floyd dvious White. I think Nate Wiggins could be an interesting pick for them.
Speaker 2: I'm here.
Speaker 5: I'm going to go with an interesting name, though, and I think he'd be a lot of fun with Josh Allen and Buffalo and they could use some more weapons. Ladd McConkey.
Speaker 2: Georgia, Yes, Worthy, Yes, mccaukeey, the route, running the hands, remember the returnability.
Speaker 5: I hope if Buffalo bills go with Ladd McCaughey out of Georgia. I think it's higher on people's boards than we think.
Speaker 2: You're wrong. I don't think you're wrong. I think you're wrong. I think you're flat out wrong. There are so many better place high board. I just think, oh yeah, I mean other I I get it. If you want to go with Brian Thomas Jr. Go for it. But would put the bills.
Speaker 5: Yes, I would. I'm not as big on Thomas Junior.
Speaker 2: I would take both Thomas Junior and Troy Franklin from Oregon over Troy flank Franklin. I do.
Speaker 5: I take Adie Mitchell over both those guys. But I don't know the bills.
Speaker 2: Actually that's that's a that's a fun one. There's going to be a pick like that in the first round. We're everywhere. What is going on. We're down, we're looking at second round guys. Yeah, I like it. I like it. It's a little wrinkle, Brian, you're on the clock. But the Lions at twenty nine.
Speaker 3: And the Detroit Lions not used to picking way down here like this, but uh, they they could use uh, they could use a safety, they could use a wide receiver, they can use in tier offensive line help.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: They they are another one of those teams that didn't cover particularly well. Their corners struggled a little bit. Their safety play though, was pretty pretty solid. Uh, Carlton Davison. They traded for Meek Robinson, guys like that. They've tried to get those guys. I think right here, I think this is where I think this is where Wiggins from Clemson goes the very talent. He's a slightly built guy we all know, but he's got that ability to play off coverage. He's quick, he's competitive, you know when you put them at the man, I just think the value for them to probably get the third best corner at this particular time in the draft makes so much sense. I think they could have gone Brian Thomas too, and that would have helped him. But I think Wiggins from Clemson the corner will be the pick here.
Speaker 7: I think one of the corners got caught slip into the soft season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just had to release.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they did, and he was a big part of what they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Yeah, as is what the Ravens are probably about to do. They talk about ball skills too. Waggings has that, Wiggins has that and the speed. Yeah. Yeah, so the Ravens are on the clock at thirty. Have you guys ever seen like the the Elmo meme where there's like flames in the background and.
Speaker 9: That's the Ravens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly what they are. To me. I feel like every time they make a pick, it's.
Speaker 6: Like, Haha, I know where you're going.
Speaker 2: They went ahead and took Derrick Henry off of the free agency market. He's at running back. Him and Lamar Jackson fun little read option. They've taken a wide receiver in the first round with Rashad Bateman in twenty one save Flowers last year. So they have some speed, they have some size, they could really go over the top with the speed. If they wanted to go with one.
Speaker 4: Xavier Worthy at thirty, it would Thomas Junior slipping down is going to drive me.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing. They would not take a receiver. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I don't think the Ravens would do that, but it would be the chaos that they would do. I think they're gonna go players time. I think they're gonna go to the defensive line and add some beef. So the pick at thirty is to and Andre Sweat out of Texas. They need somebody justin. I want to down emotionally. Justin Mattabique has done great things at the three technique for them. He earned a huge payday this past offseason. They need a true nose tackle. They don't really have one in the middle, and that's what Devandre Sweat brings. At six foot four, three hundred and sixty plus pounds, he is a just a meat eater in the interior of that defensive line. I think they're gonna beef up the defensive line because their offense already has a blend of speed and size. I think the crazy out of the world pick would be Exavier Worthy or Thomas, but I'm going Withvandre.
Speaker 5: Latham's still there though, right he is, Yeah, Thomas, they.
Speaker 2: Would take J. C.
Speaker 5: Latham, I'm thinking, I'm sure that that would be their pick here. They love Alabama guys. They need offensive line help. I think jac Latham would be their guy. But I do love the addition of Devandre Sweat there, a big body keep the sec. So it's I mean, I don't dis like the pick. I just think of Latham's there at thirty, but that's just a perfect.
Speaker 2: They think of him as a guard or attack. They will probably need both, ye, so that's their go either way. Yeah, Ronnie Stanley's their starting left tackles. It hurt a lot, yeah, but I mean you can keep They got Vos played well the last You have your guard.
Speaker 5: And that's that's the guy that's probably gonna surprise.
Speaker 2: Linderbaum's a bad asset center. Ben Cleveland's been good at right guard. But I think they lost one of their offensive linemen for the right I believe, Yeah, and John Simpson their guard, so they could use a line and Morgan Moses is who they lost at offensive tackle. There you go, so yeah, they could very well take mister Latha, but T Sweat would be fun. Yeah, I'm gonna put to T Sweat there thirty one. Now you sure you're on the clock.
Speaker 7: Uh So the forty nine ers, they lost a couple of people. I think that you know what's said, y'all. I don't like the forty nine ers so bad. I couldn't write out their full name in this. It just say forty nine ers, like the number. I didn't even write out Saan fr And that's the disding I have for these people anyway. If I'm not mistaken, they've they've lost some guys on the defensive line. But I know part of me, I think Kingsley's suit Sue Mattia, Thank you Kingsley.
Speaker 6: I have to hear it. Kingsley.
Speaker 7: Sue Mattia is someone that they have had. They are going to have a thirty visit with from Uyu, but I think they go Brayden fisk dt Oh.
Speaker 2: Wow, Dan, another roller coaster was ending with the defensive tack like attitude.
Speaker 7: Add some attitude to that defensive line with a lot of speed.
Speaker 2: That's a good pick. Would be very upset if that I thought you were just going to throw out a name at the end here. That was just like down at the bottom of your lists just to give him to the forty nine ers.
Speaker 7: He's just put on too much of a like a good offseason this time, combine all this stuff.
Speaker 6: This is the first time.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, he's really really good.
Speaker 7: So cool.
Speaker 2: Last pick of the first round thirty two The Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 9: Who Thomas so and you're off the damn wow?
Speaker 2: They would throw a party. You're talking about like throwing a party and needing a wide receiver. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The only reason I would go with him over Xavier Worthy because I think Xavier Worthy makes so much sense for the Kansas City Chiefs, is a little bit better durability. I think there's some durability concerns with Xavier Worthy and talking to people and just looking at the last two seasons. Dealt with a broken hand in his sophomore year that drastically affected display. You look in his junior season, he was taken out of games two, three, four times during the year. And I think the argument to have over a d Mitchell for Brian Thomas junior is the route tree. I think Brian Thomas Junior brings a little bit more to to that. So That's why I would take him over the Texas guys. But man, you'd be looking at day two with J. C. Latham on the board. Yeah, goodness, gracious, the receivers that we just talked about, it would every.
Speaker 2: Running back, every safety you've got.
Speaker 3: You've got all those wide receivers, the Coleman, Mitchell, Corley Worthy, Uh, you know, I mean, it's there's quite a group. The two runners are on the board, they've got edges left on the board. We haven't even touched a linebacker.
Speaker 2: Cooper and Frazier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you're looking down now with those corners, you know, with Tampa from Iowa State, McK mckissory from Alabama last year from Georgia. You know, there's some there's some guys there. And again all these safeties as.
Speaker 5: Well, to say Darius Robinson from Miszoo at end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of good second day. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Yeah, will be. And whenever you get to sleep on the board a little bit and you look at it, yep, they're gonna know exactly what they're looking forward to from fifty six all the way up to that thirty three pick. See what's going on, all right, that does it for us. In our twenty twenty four first round mock draft, the Dallas Cowboys finish off with Tyler Geiton, offensive lineman from Oklahoma. He's your left tackle of the future, is what it seems in this pick, and then some craziness ensues outside of that and after that as well. That was fun. It was fun. Great job, guys. We'll do the second round tomorrow. Hope you guys can make it. We'll go all the way through it. Fa go back. We'll do rounds two and three tomorrow and then we'll do the other four on Saturday. It'll be fun. Fraisier Morrison, Brian brought us Nick Harris, Zach Walchuk, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yomen saying so long for the draft show. We will see you on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 13: Put his shoulder
Speaker 3: H