Speaker 1: It's the best bit of the week with Morgan Part two, she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 2: This week it's the post Christmas blues weekend. I don't know about you guys, but this weekend always brings me some very down vibes because I'm sad the holiday is over, but also excited and sad the new year is beginning. So many mixed emotions when this weekend hits. But we're gonna try and uplift all of our.
Speaker 3: Spirits with the best bits.
Speaker 2: So the reason you're here on part two is to catch up with the Bobby Bone Show. But since we've been off for the holidays, I'm doing a recap of.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: These are the best segments of twenty twenty five as we head into the new year, so you're gonna get caught up from the entire year and part one. Part three this weekend is with Scuba Steve. We caught up on life, talked about all our holiday plans as if they hadn't quite happened yet, but we're in them and all the other fun stuff as well as listener questions in Part three, so check those out for some new content this weekend.
Speaker 5: And let's get started.
Speaker 2: Back in September, doctor Lourie stopped by the studio and Bobby Amy Eddie Lunchbox.
Speaker 5: They all brought something in from.
Speaker 2: A vintage antique store and she had to appraise it. And it was funny because some people may have struck gold in a way obviously none of them are gold, but others not so much. And it was fun to watch and see her brain and action. So maybe we're all going to be thrifters.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty six, number seven on the Bobby Bones Show. Now, doctor Loriie, we have.
Speaker 5: A PhD of antiques. It is doctor Lorry, our favorite. Good to see a doctor Lorie. What are you doing in town?
Speaker 6: Well, I was speaking at the shop Goodwill e Summit where you can go and scroll and find all the stuff that goes into donations and then gets onto good Will. And then I was taping from a YouTube channel in thrift stores and antique shops such because I show you what to walk by and what to buy.
Speaker 5: Right, that's cool.
Speaker 7: It's cool.
Speaker 6: And people have done really well following the YouTube channel and making money. You know, I've had some wonderful stories people who have said I hated a job. I followed your videos, and you know what, Doctor Lory, I was able to quit that job and do this full.
Speaker 5: Time just by going on like thrifting, but finding stuff to resell. Yeah THAT'SO.
Speaker 7: And watching my videos.
Speaker 6: I had one woman who got in touch with me and she said, doctor Lauriy needed a medical procedure. It was a lot of money. I couldn't afford it. And I watched the videos. I did what you said, I resold it, I did it the way you told me to do it, blah blah, and so that was exciting and educating a child that's a big deal, right, So was able to save money doing this reselling. Some of it's a side to hustle, some of it's just their full time jobs now.
Speaker 8: So it's cool.
Speaker 7: It's cool to have an impact like that.
Speaker 5: And you have a PhD in this.
Speaker 7: I have a PhD in Art and Architectural history from Penn State.
Speaker 5: So what do you study when you're getting a PhD in this?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: I worked in museums because I as a poor kid in New Haven, Connecticut, and basically the idea was I wanted to be around pretty things, right, because I didn't have pretty things. So I lived about I grew up five minutes from the Yale campus, and I used to go to the museum and you could just go in for free and look around. So I studied museum studies in art history. I got the PhD after getting a swimming scholarship at the University of Michigan, and so I always had to go on scholarships, whether it was sports or something, or smarts, whatever it was. And anyway, so long story short, that's what you study. You basically study the construction of objects and the history around it. So you have to know what's going on in a time period and why that object is important in that time period.
Speaker 5: Have you had anybody or what is your most successful story of somebody bringing something to you and you got to reveal to them that the value was so much more than they thought.
Speaker 6: A gentleman I was appearing on my tour in Virginia. A gentleman was in Rhode Island. He had purchased a painting in Boston. He paid two hundred and seventy five dollars for the painting, and he said, I want you to look at it, because everybody's telling me it's a fake. So he drives it from Rhode Island to a Virginia and I look at it during my one of my appraisal shows, and I said, well, there's a dust screen on. That's the piece of paper on the back of a canvas. I rip off the canvas. I rip off the paper on the back of the campus it says, poor lemnt Auguste Renoir. So by my hand I painted it August Renoi, the great French Impressionist.
Speaker 7: So of course everybody's gonna think it's not real.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, there's a studio address for the nineteen eighteen World War two era studio that he abandoned because of the war. There's a dealer's mark on it. And I go, oh, yeah, it's real. And he just looks at me and he says, what do you mean it's real? I said, it's definitely real. It's a portrait of a woman leaning on her hand. Her name is Gabrielle, one of the very famous models of the French impressionists Renoa. And I said, oh, I said, so where'd you get it? I got it at auction. I said, well, you know, it's worth two point one million dollars. No, oh, my God, Oh my gosh, God, hand to God. So he looks at me, he goes, how do you know it's real? How do I know it's real? I'm the best in the country. How do I know it's real. All of the provenance stuff, all the backgrounds stuff was there. It was signed on the front. But everybody thinks these signatures are fakes. Yeah, and she had her second husband died, they moved to she moved to Boston to be with her son, so it makes sense that it's in Boston. It was one of the last portraits of his very famous model.
Speaker 7: Those weren't a lot of money.
Speaker 5: Did he ever sell it?
Speaker 6: He did not sell it. I think he still has it, and I don't blame him. He's holding out for the value of it. It's a wonderful example. And it's something that you know, all the museums and all the artist stories don't know about.
Speaker 7: So there it is. It's sitting right there.
Speaker 6: People have the stuff. I've been saying it since I started the tour in nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 7: You have it. It's in your house. Just because it's yours.
Speaker 6: You think it's not valuable, But I'm telling you it's out there and it's usually in those homes that you don't believe. George Washington's wallet came into my appraisal show with an eighty five year old woman and her one hundred and three year old mother. It was the wallet he was carrying when he crossed the Delaware and they're going, yes, we know.
Speaker 7: And they had all of the history, the family history of it. When you drove up to.
Speaker 6: Those women home. Those women live in a home worth maybe one hundred thousand dollars. The wallet was worth maybe three million dollars. No way, so you know, and they said, we don't want to sell it. We're very happy. We wanted to go to a museum. We think it's a piece history. It's in a museum today. Oh wow, the stuff is around and people go, oh no, it can't be valuable, and it's not on eBay and all this stuff and it's it's stuff is out there.
Speaker 5: So I gave the show the homework to go to a lot, went to Goodwill. I went to an antique place, and we just we wanted to see if we could bring something in and it'd be valued it more than we bought it for, much like you teach. And also we read these stories that are similar where someone's like finding an old painting and they go get checked out it's like worth three million dollars. Now, I know that's not normal or not all the time, but it does happen.
Speaker 7: Sure, it does happen.
Speaker 5: So Amy, I know you have a painting for sure, So can you tell me the story of the painting you have and where you got it?
Speaker 9: So I went to Goodwill and it was the only thing they had there, at least that I could see that looked like it maybe could be or there were some other ones, like maybe my trained eye, but this one just like it had a signature.
Speaker 3: And then on the back, Okay, here we go. On the back it.
Speaker 9: Had something tucked inside, and so there could have been other ones, but I just that was the only thing that drew me to it, was that the envelope tucked inside and back.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm happy that you looked at the back too, because the back can tell you a lot of information for your listeners.
Speaker 5: Because the back, what kind of it? Says African lion on it? Is it a painting of a lion? Can I see it? So it's a painting of a lion's and it says, we're in wall. What if she hit it from Yeah, well you don't have to be friends to be fancy.
Speaker 8: Doctor Lory her gloves on? What'd you say you her gloves on?
Speaker 5: So Amy, don't say what you spent on it. I'm sure not much, but we'll see what she thinks the value as all right, doctr Lorii's in with us.
Speaker 7: So here's what she's talking about.
Speaker 5: An envelope.
Speaker 6: So basically what you have here is you have a lithographic print. So it looks like a painting, but it's not it.
Speaker 7: Can you come back over here?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Hey, you get scammed somehow? Amy owes more money?
Speaker 8: Amy?
Speaker 5: So yeah, let's that makes sense. Oh, Amy's got the thing in her eye that she's looking at Florry. Is it because it's all the dots.
Speaker 8: Or Amy's old?
Speaker 5: Yeah, one of the two that's actually looking at diamonds back in the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Oh oh, here we go paint strokes.
Speaker 4: But maybe they're not like maybe they are.
Speaker 7: It's dots.
Speaker 6: But having said that, it's signed in the plate, which means when they actually make the image, he signs the work in one place and then they just reproduce it on more pieces of paper. Got it all right? So while you think it's a painting, it's a very good reproduction print. Okay, it's very good and he's very well known. He dies in two thousand and five. Retail value on this piece is about one hundred and fifty dollars. What did you spend on it includes the frame?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 5: What do you spend?
Speaker 3: Let me tell you.
Speaker 7: What I spent?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 7: Oh, we have this little bio which is good.
Speaker 5: But doesn't she look.
Speaker 9: I was looking at the Goodwill price tag. Yeah, five dollars and ninety nine cents.
Speaker 5: So could you put on the eBay make fifty bucks? You think?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh that I need because some people just say I don't care about the artwork. I'm gonna put a mirror in that frame and I'm gonna put it on my bath in my bathroom.
Speaker 5: Okay, any good job.
Speaker 6: She also purchased a piece that was by an artist who was known for mm alier, which is basically animal pictures.
Speaker 5: Sounds dirty. I'm gonna be honest, it sounds like something you do in an animal I.
Speaker 9: Do feel like I used like tips or stuff I've heard you say before, Like I there's probably other stuff.
Speaker 3: I could have gotten that.
Speaker 4: Something about that or the envelope. I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's something that drew me to it.
Speaker 6: And now, well that's good and you probably you know a lot of it is the.
Speaker 7: Real of it. It did look like an African line. I've never seen one, but you know, I guess they're good.
Speaker 5: That's what I would think that looks like.
Speaker 7: But that's how it is. No very it was a good pick who all.
Speaker 5: Got something, who brought something going. Okay, Eddie, do you want to go sure? Okay, doctor, you'll explain what it is first. Absolutely, mine is also a painting. But now, after you did Amy's dots stroke thing, I think that mine is also a print. However, however, mine is signed by the artist and it actually is made to a guy named Chris.
Speaker 8: It says to Chris. It has the date on it and the artists signed it underneath.
Speaker 5: I'll give it to you, Okay, doctor, strokes, Eddie, that's gonna be the question.
Speaker 7: There it is.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that.
Speaker 9: That's yeah, let me know if you can use that little eye thing.
Speaker 8: I mean, strokes would be awesome.
Speaker 5: Eddie's going to the eye. Oh yes, he's got the jewelery. Yes, oh boy, what do you see? I'm pretty sure I see thoughts.
Speaker 8: Oh, these are very fine dots.
Speaker 5: Chris got a dotted painting.
Speaker 8: Almost almost looked like leopard dots.
Speaker 5: Yeah, has anyone ever painted in dots?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: The point to lists of the late nineteenth century of painted of course dots, right, whole Signac and the crew.
Speaker 7: They're not as important as Renoir.
Speaker 6: But anyway, so this piece is signed, pencil signed, and signed in the plate.
Speaker 7: You want both.
Speaker 6: This is all neither here nor they are. But basically nineteen eighty two is when he got to sign it. Pencil sign it, but he printed in nineteen eighty one. You want the dates to match. Not a bad things, not a bad thing. And he just went like desponding, No, it's not a bad thing. So Michael Sloan is a very well known artist of these kinds of pieces, this particular piece. Yeah, very very very very well known for this image as well.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 8: What and that image is called what a watchful eye?
Speaker 7: A watchful eye?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 6: So one animal is looking as the other animal sort of takes a drink. You know, this reminds me of my Pennsylvania backyard where all the deer are and the all they do is like eat every plant I put back there. So same kind of thing. Retail value on this piece is three hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 12: Whoa, I know, that's all excellent. That's amazing, that's excellent. And the frame not great, bad frame. Her frame was really nice. This frame was like a reframe it and sell it.
Speaker 6: You don't have to do a thing to resell it. You know, you could just go, hey, it's here, too bad, the frame isn't great, you know, sell You got it for five dollars ninet nights.
Speaker 8: Yeah, seven dollars after taxes and all that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know you got paid.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. And they asked me if I wanted to round up, I round.
Speaker 5: It up to donate.
Speaker 6: They're doing good work, all these Swift stories are doing good work to trying to help people in the community.
Speaker 7: So hey, round up if you can.
Speaker 5: Okay, Eddie, that's nice, Eddie.
Speaker 8: Hey, that is good news, doctor LORI think, what.
Speaker 5: Do you think he can actually get for that?
Speaker 7: I think he could get.
Speaker 6: I think I like only eBay, I'd say.
Speaker 5: That's good, that's solid, that's good.
Speaker 6: But you know, in the market retail, if you got it in to an art environment market online, you know, one of those other websites platforms.
Speaker 7: I would probably say closer to three fifty.
Speaker 5: Go to the clearinghouse, lunchbox.
Speaker 13: Oh I got something, go ahead, Oh, let me tell you what I got. These look like they were made on the Mayflower. He's already selling Doctor Lorii. These are not These aren't paintings. These are I mean beautiful Mayflower.
Speaker 5: People like figurines, porcelain figures.
Speaker 13: These are legit.
Speaker 5: Okay, these are so?
Speaker 7: Is that the brand so expensive?
Speaker 1: Amazing?
Speaker 5: How much you spend on them?
Speaker 11: I can't tell you.
Speaker 5: And there's no dots.
Speaker 6: There's that, there are no dots.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you have only two porcelain man, porcelain woman, the original people on the Mayflower. Yes, okay, what do you see there?
Speaker 6: Let me teach you a little bit about time period first, go ahead that let me so, No, this is not mayflower flowers is sixteen hundreds? Sure, these are trying to look like this set the seventeen hundred.
Speaker 7: Oh these are, but you're close. They're only one hundred years off.
Speaker 6: So basically the idea here is that you have two Rococo figures.
Speaker 11: Boo, ro Coco.
Speaker 5: You don't even know what that is of a Disney movie. He does ro Coco sound good or what it's good?
Speaker 6: So basically that is the eighteenth century in France. Okay, these pieces are made in Japan. Oh oh, made in the eighteenth century. How old are they?
Speaker 5: When was fifty years? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Seventy five years whoa close?
Speaker 13: Those are great shape for seventy five years old. Exactly Have you seen a seventy five year old look that good?
Speaker 7: Exactly? No? Okay, so they are in very good condition.
Speaker 6: And one of the telltale signs of a Japanese reproduction is this gold little element down here, which basically they look like little strokes down at the bottom. So that's basically what you're looking at.
Speaker 7: And you have the pair.
Speaker 6: So anytime you have a set, you always want to maintain the set.
Speaker 7: That's what I thought. So you didn't I just want and walk away.
Speaker 5: That would have been dumb.
Speaker 7: That would have been dumb.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, So retail value on these Japanese seventy five years old retail value on the pair?
Speaker 7: What do you think they're worth?
Speaker 13: I was thinking probably five hundred.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well you're off by about four hundred. They're worth about one hundred bucks. Not bad, not bad, that's mair.
Speaker 5: What'd you spend? Spend six dollars?
Speaker 7: Oh goodness?
Speaker 5: Still a prophert? What do you think you could get on eBay?
Speaker 7: Sixty?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 7: Still good, make sixty.
Speaker 6: I tell everybody if you can get something for ten percent and then flip it, yeah you know, and you're gonna get one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: You're doing great.
Speaker 5: Are you disappointed?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Are you really six bucks to make a hundred?
Speaker 11: How could you be.
Speaker 7: Disappointed by that?
Speaker 5: Lunchfucks?
Speaker 3: You need to target Grandma sheeic.
Speaker 5: Exact, getting Grandma published exactly exactly.
Speaker 6: And don't be surprised when you see, you know, the twenty five and thirty year old ladies wanting these because they want really grandma's house. The fifty year old ladies don't want it to look like their mother's house, but the granddaughters wanted to look like their house, to look like their grandmother's house.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna go last. And so there's a small antique shop near my house.
Speaker 7: Did your wife go with you? I know she likes antie, she does, but not this time before.
Speaker 5: So this is a vintage leather helmet from back in the back in the football days, back when they played with leather helmets. That's amazing.
Speaker 6: And so I appraised one that was Johnny Unitiss. That one was worth a lot of money.
Speaker 8: This one is, well, don't put it on your head.
Speaker 11: It looks small.
Speaker 7: See, I'm with I'm with, I'm with Eddie.
Speaker 5: This is actually the helmet.
Speaker 7: That's all they have.
Speaker 8: That's amazing.
Speaker 11: Do that okays?
Speaker 5: Smelling? I don't know if you could even like you're the expert. What do you think they're see the construction on that? I don't see very well?
Speaker 8: Yeah, what does it happen on the inside?
Speaker 5: Doctor lawyer?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 11: Whoa?
Speaker 6: On the inside is leather right on the inside. You've got reinforcements on both sides. And you can see that it's been in and I don't want to say this because you put it on your head, but in here mice have been in here eating this.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 5: That's that's old school.
Speaker 6: So that is old school to old mice, yes, old dead mice.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 6: Anyway, So that's what you've got. You have the original string too. That's unusual that you'd have the little shoe string here. I think the string actually was a later replacement because that used to be leather in there. Used to be leather to attach it so it wouldn't fall off now that it's going.
Speaker 7: To protect you much. I don't like the green at all.
Speaker 8: Packers, uh, Rotney.
Speaker 6: It's not that I don't like the packers, but no, it's just that I don't like the green on it. So I think this particular piece, well it days through the early years of the twentieth century. What'd you pay for it? You probably paid more in an antique store than they paid it good Will.
Speaker 5: Pay twenty eight dollars for it.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's not that bad.
Speaker 6: That's not that bad if you The one that I appraised that was belonged to Johnny Uniteds was worth upwards of fifteen hundred at the time, and that was some years ago. I would say retail value on this piece is going to be about seventy five dollars.
Speaker 5: I don't want to sell it. I bought it to actually have and keep myself.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because they're hard to come by.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and so, and the outside.
Speaker 7: Of it's in very good condition.
Speaker 5: Really, he didn't get to play much. I don't think that. Yeah, he's a bitch warmer, I guess, so, Yeah, it didn't get hit, and I got the little stand with it too. About that's pretty cool stand.
Speaker 7: Well, the cool stand is cool, and actually the stand.
Speaker 5: If the twist happened.
Speaker 8: She's in that stand like it's awesome.
Speaker 7: Well you know what it is. It's a girl thing.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, right because is that for hats?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 7: Exactly?
Speaker 5: Okay, what do we have what you would doude over there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's for hats. Okay.
Speaker 6: Well then somebody di wied it, somebody spray painted it. It's edwardy and it dates to like nineteen fifteen on the base, and then they added this part at the top, which is what's.
Speaker 5: The stand go for? You think?
Speaker 7: Oh? Twenty bucks? Fifteen bucks?
Speaker 8: Okay, fifteen she went down.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Difference is I'm gonna keep mine in my house and show it off. You guys gonna show your little paintings off. No, we're gonna sell. You're gonna sell it.
Speaker 3: I might keep my lion.
Speaker 7: I like the African lion, and I like yours too.
Speaker 5: What about the Japanese figures that look like the mayflower?
Speaker 7: Well, I think they kind of go with you know, lunch boxes motif, doesn't it?
Speaker 5: I don't know what motif means I think that.
Speaker 6: I think they're nice. I'm upset that one of the fingers is broken. Actually her whole hand has no fingers, but no.
Speaker 7: We got to decrease value a little bit for that.
Speaker 5: It's like bad ai. So it's a lower yeah.
Speaker 6: A I Meloda mistakes low, A little lower. Yeah, I go a little lower. I'm sorry, don't be so upset. It's only six bucks, but you got to look and make sure that the fingers aren't broken. But the rest of it really is quite good. And you were close with, you know, plymouth like Pilgrims.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like the hat hundred years or so. Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I had this thought when I was at Goodwill yesterday and I saw people going around and like filling up their cart with stuff, and I was like, I wonder if this is what they they're doing, Like they're buying it there and then reselling it somewhere.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'll tell you what they're doing. They're doing exactly that. They're res only get in some places. They're cross listing it on multiple platforms at once, so you don't have to keep like I'm going to post it on this platform and that platform and this platform. They do it one place and then it just copies it to all the different platforms, the eBay, the etsys of this one or that one's. You know, when I teach my how to sell old stuff class, people are going, how do you do that? And there's a way you can do that. Not difficult. You just have to do it right. Everything's work. We all know that.
Speaker 7: But that's basically what it is.
Speaker 6: So they're filling their carts, they're going to post it on multiple platforms. Some people just want to sell stuff for parts. That is huge at Goodwill and all of the thrift stores and antique stores because a lot of times there are collectors who just want to use the parts. They just like to tinker with an old watch, for example, so they need the parts from something. So that's what they're doing. They're doing quite well, and so are the thrift stores. You know, the thrift stores are a multi billion dollar Thrifting in general is a multi billion dollar business.
Speaker 5: Do you have a good story of someone coming thinking they have something really expensive and getting the harsh reality handed to them.
Speaker 7: I actually do.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 6: I was in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and a gentleman brought me a ball canning jar. It was blue, you know that maybe eight inches tall and had the had the metal top, and on the side of it it says ball eighteen fifty eight.
Speaker 7: And I said, well, sir, it's very interesting. It's in good shape.
Speaker 6: It's worth eight dollars and from the rafters in that order in that theater. He starts yelling at me.
Speaker 7: You're wrong, You're so wrong. What are you talking about? Doctor Laurie thought you were an expert. You're wrong.
Speaker 6: That's the first ball canning jar. Ever, I said, no, they all say eight because it's from eighteen fifty eight. I said, they all say eighteen fifty eight. So he really thought he had the first one because of the date that's embossed on the glass jar.
Speaker 7: That he was mad.
Speaker 5: Tragic in my guts, that'd be tragedy. Yeah, thinking I came with a one hundred thousand dollars jar.
Speaker 7: It's hard, isn't tough?
Speaker 5: Eight bucks? It was like lunchbox with plummeting. Want to start yelling at it? Yeah, you can go to a doctor tolriv dot com or again go to her channel because she teaches you how to actually do this as a side hustle or as a main career.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people love it and or so if it's just for fun, how do people start. A lot of people find me by accident and go I didn't know any of this. A lot of people start after they've made a mistake with something else, so they find out that they sold something too low, and then they go, oh, before I keep doing this, I better find out so and you can start with just something that you don't care about in your attic or your basement.
Speaker 7: You know, you think I'm going to resell it.
Speaker 6: I want to remind everybody that sports collectibles are going to continue to be some of the biggest collectibles out there, and that you should really talk very seriously with kids and grandkids and whomever about fine art, furniture and jewelry because it's always going to be valuable. It's going to continue to increase in value long term as well as the sports stuff.
Speaker 5: I got really an advantage baseball cards the new as well, But I feel like vintage doesn't lose value where news very much. Lottery ticket I agree with you, because players can either not be as good or they can mess up into personal lives, which sinks value. That's true, but dead people really can't do wrong. And so I've gotten an advantage baseball cards like fifties, sixties. Ye thoughts on that.
Speaker 6: Well, I will say my dad was a major League baseball player for a very short time in the forties, and this year I had the great honor of bringing his World War Two baseball balls to the Hall of Fame, which they accepted.
Speaker 7: So I was like beyond over the moon over that.
Speaker 6: And because of loving baseball always, those nineteen six, fifty sixty seventies players have more of an aura of course around them. And because we didn't have all of the social media and all the connections that we have now, you will see that it was much harder to source those pieces. So if you have those pieces, the value starts much higher. So you're going to see that those pieces will continue to increase in value because of course they really are.
Speaker 7: One of one, one of a kind.
Speaker 6: The newer pieces, you're right, when we know everything about everybody's personal life because of this connection we have with social media, you'll see that those pieces won't retain value as well. And so many people sell them as lots. But if you have one, you have the Mickey Mantle, you know, Rookie card, you have those kinds of things you're gonna probably do pretty well.
Speaker 5: We really enjoyed this. Thank you for coming by. Are you off on another Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: I'm just happy to be here at a great time in Nashville and it's a great city to come back more often.
Speaker 7: And yeah, I just came from Houston.
Speaker 6: I'm on my way to Atlanta, and uh, I'm touring and people can bring their stuff to my appraisal tour and then get them on my website. And just if you have a question, I'll answer it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Doctor lorii v dot com and then check out our YouTube channel at doctor Lori V. Any final questions for doctor touchbox.
Speaker 13: Can we get your numbers? We can text you pictures from Goodwill.
Speaker 5: He's gonna shop and just send her by.
Speaker 7: This for you, lunchbox.
Speaker 5: Anything man can to me on air, we yet access to that.
Speaker 8: It's terrible.
Speaker 5: We would never Doctor Lori, thank you. We really enjoyed this.
Speaker 7: Hey, nice to view with you. Thank you. Thanks you guys.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: Around October, there was a whole segment that happened for several weeks. Amy Striver's license expired and it turned into a whole lot more than that, because Lunchbox told on her to crime stoppers and Amy was near moments away from getting arrested. At least we thinks it was a pretty huge moment in twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Five, number six. There's one thing on the show. We don't like criminals. No, people that cheat the system, cheat the law. And if any of us were criminals, man, we would not be happy about it, would we be?
Speaker 4: Amy? No? Why what's happening? Am I a criminal?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 5: My gosh?
Speaker 4: Because of my license?
Speaker 5: Are you turning me in right now?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: White, Well, I don't know what do you want to say.
Speaker 4: I don't have anything to say. I have my Passport's good to go.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, that's of course. And if you want to go to a different country, that's great.
Speaker 4: So you're talking about my license, Yeah, yeah, it's expired.
Speaker 13: How'd you get to work?
Speaker 4: That drove?
Speaker 5: Lunchbox called crime stoppers.
Speaker 8: Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 5: Call crime stoppers on someone.
Speaker 13: Break always said they pay for tips, like you always see the commercials and everything, And I've always wanted to get it cash reward for turning it turn into a criminal.
Speaker 5: And this was my opportunity.
Speaker 4: Okay, so much for getting vulnerable with y'all.
Speaker 5: Oh we would have found out how. But it's different if you're vulnerable and breaking the law, because if you're like I just want to get vulnerable in my safe Yeah. Yeah, I murdered seven people. Well, no, we can't let you get away with them.
Speaker 4: I would never murder.
Speaker 5: We don't know this. You can be warming us up.
Speaker 4: I know me.
Speaker 13: This could be a gateway.
Speaker 5: Yep. Okay, So here's a lunchbox calling crime stoppers.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, good morning.
Speaker 4: This is with crime Stoppers. How may help you?
Speaker 13: Yes, ma'am, I would like to take a bite out of crime. I have someone that committed a crime and I want to, you know, turn them in.
Speaker 4: Okay, can you tell me a little more.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Her name is Amy Brown and she has been driving without a license. Her license has expired, and she has admitted to being on the roads without her license. Okay, I actually have evidence to submit into your file. I guess you do.
Speaker 5: Do you have a license right now? No?
Speaker 4: It's excited to come to work today.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. So there you go.
Speaker 13: You have it on record that she admitted to breaking the law, and I just want to make sure, you guys bust her. She leaves work around noon twelve hundred Broadway. She drives a dark SUV license plate seven.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got that.
Speaker 13: And if you just wait outside of our parking garage, you can bust her. She will not have a valid driver's license and I can get a cash reward.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm not a police officer, so I won't be able to wait outside her office.
Speaker 13: So yeah, you can just venmo me and you can just give me my five thousand dollars reward.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's going to be a five thousand dollar reward for we got to see.
Speaker 4: I mean, I appreciate it.
Speaker 13: And I'll keep looking at my Venmo to see if you guys send that money over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not something that's going to be like an immediate thing.
Speaker 4: So first they have to catch the criminals.
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, yeah, checking it right now. Still I haven't seen it come through. But okay, why just refreshing. I don't see it.
Speaker 9: I mean, well, like I said, it's a process, and so you have to wait a little.
Speaker 5: While for that to be it's still hadn't come through.
Speaker 7: To be patient.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it might be a while. It might be a couple of weeks.
Speaker 13: You've been talking a little bit too long. I need to be get paid.
Speaker 5: Okay, why are you so rude to her? What?
Speaker 4: I feel like she's sort of just going along with him because she feels like maybe some like you.
Speaker 5: Know, he's not like a waste of resources, because it's not. If it's nine one one, it is wasting time. But is this person just like sending home as a volunteer job. I don't know, because crime Stoppers is not nine one one.
Speaker 13: It specifically says they are not nine to one one, like if it's an emergency, you call nine one one.
Speaker 5: But made it so much about yourself that we couldn't even focus on getting the criminals off the streets.
Speaker 13: No, no, she said that it was going to take a few weeks, but she couldn't wait outside the build.
Speaker 5: Is it weird if someone's now a cop is waiting on you because he told on you. Yes, like that might actually happen. I mean him doing a bit could actually get you arrested.
Speaker 8: Yes, I mean it sounded like.
Speaker 4: She not arrested. I wouldn't get arrested.
Speaker 13: I think you just get a big ticket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and maybe to because you can't drive.
Speaker 4: If I had any previous warrants, then they could take me in. But that's not arrest.
Speaker 5: But they can't let you drive away.
Speaker 13: If you haven't expired license, you can't just continue driving to take your car.
Speaker 4: I would be respectful, I would say, yes.
Speaker 5: How do you feel about him doing that?
Speaker 4: I mean, I just think he needs to find better things to do. But I mean, I'm not. Am I surprised? I mightn't know.
Speaker 5: Are you scared you're gonna drive out today and a CoP's going to arrest you?
Speaker 4: I'm trying. I honestly was figuring out if there's other ways to exit the parking smart right and there's there's not. There's one way out?
Speaker 5: Yep. Do we think there's a chance a police officer will be outside today pulling Amy over?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: Not today.
Speaker 8: She said about two weeks for it to process. But Amy, if you don't get this thing figured out, they're gonna come after you. It sounds like she was serious.
Speaker 5: Do you think she even wrote it in her computer? The crime stoppers person? Oh I do? Oh you do?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Because they have to Yeah, man, serious stuff.
Speaker 7: I think she.
Speaker 4: Started playing along with him because he's like, not my Venmo yet and they don't They probably don't pay by Venmo.
Speaker 5: Of course they don't pay Di Venmo.
Speaker 8: Right, What do I mean, why was he like interrupting her and stuff.
Speaker 5: No, that's what I'm saying. He took the bat matute all about himself when it was supposed to be able to get criminals off the streets.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure they have like a wanted list, like I'm not on it, crime stuckers.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I heard you up to eight. Now after that call, they moved you. Yeah, you're ranked eight on the list. Okay, so we'll just be watching and we'll see if you get pulled over anytime soon. And if you do, let's say you do get pulled over and you get a ticket because of that, we be irritated at him.
Speaker 4: No, I'll deserve it.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Wow.
Speaker 13: I'm just trying to make the road safer and a safer community for us to live in.
Speaker 5: You heard it here first. Okay, We'll be waiting to see.
Speaker 4: I just think that we have to take responsibility for our own actions.
Speaker 7: You're on.
Speaker 5: Bobby's I'm not.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number.
Speaker 2: Two, and the good news is Amy didn't end up getting arrested. She's still in the studio with us daily, so you don't have to worry about that. In June, we did a fitness test that apparently only eight percent of people could do. And there were some of our show that could do this, while others not so much and some may have gotten injured during this whole thing.
Speaker 5: Number five, so only eight percent of people can do this. Next fitness test, we try the one where you sit down Indian.
Speaker 8: Style Chris Cross Apple Sauce.
Speaker 4: Woke a cross legged.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and from sitting there you can't use your hands and you have to just get up. That was tough.
Speaker 13: That was bad, man, And it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't hard at all.
Speaker 5: The next one is again only eight percent of people can do it. And here's me doing it at the house. And so you go from your knees and all you do. You have to go from your knees, no using your hands, and you just have to hop up from your knees.
Speaker 4: Oh you do that looks more difficult than that.
Speaker 5: Well, only eight percent of people can do it, Okay, oh.
Speaker 4: Boy, and you did it no problem. That was first take.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was that first time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was easy.
Speaker 4: Or have you've been practicing.
Speaker 5: You can't really practice that because if you do your if you don't get it, you're gonna tear it.
Speaker 4: I guess you do those jump ups all the time.
Speaker 5: I mean that's not really Yeah, you can't really practice.
Speaker 13: That's what I saw you do it on that video. I'm like, man, how did you not rip every muscle in your legs?
Speaker 5: If they want to give it a run, I guess do you have on? Okay, but there stretch you kind of you want to go first? Sure, all right, hop on down? Somebody may have to catch her. Oh so she didn't fall back well or forward? Is that is that kind of the risk? I don't know. I watch people online do it and they fall all over the place. I mean, if you guys need me to show you you can't.
Speaker 8: Oh, everything's already like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you can't hold them this.
Speaker 3: I already can tell like, I don't think my body can do that.
Speaker 5: Like, sorry, now I'm your knees.
Speaker 3: I don't have the momentum, do you forfet No?
Speaker 8: Well, he's he was straight up. He was staying like, yes, straight up.
Speaker 3: It seemed impossible.
Speaker 5: So you and now now you all want to do needs defeat. How do you do that? Needs defeat? Go and go?
Speaker 4: Needs to Okay, you have to I can't.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I don't know. I don't know you for me?
Speaker 3: My body has to go.
Speaker 5: You mean to count you down? Or you just waiting on you?
Speaker 11: I'm on my body.
Speaker 5: Okay, here she got She went on a body to tell her what to do?
Speaker 3: Are your toast talked?
Speaker 5: It doesn't It doesn't matter. You can talk. Here we go. She's she's plunching and she's waving her arms. There you go, come on, needs to feed, needs to be she's here. Nope, she doesn't done it?
Speaker 14: Do want?
Speaker 5: Amy, she's really commit to trying.
Speaker 8: She does look like she's skiing.
Speaker 5: Okay, said come on? She got nothing. She didn't even get off. She got like an inch came off the ground. Did your you give up? You don't have to do it? Go ahead?
Speaker 11: I did do it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, bounce for real? How do you do that?
Speaker 5: I don't understand it. I can't get up and try it and pants get me try to do it?
Speaker 8: Yes, please, Amy, I think you should just throw in the towel.
Speaker 4: You just have muscle memory and I need to tap into it.
Speaker 8: Because Amy, that first one you didn't even get off the ground.
Speaker 5: Let me see, I need a visual so okay, down to the knees and so I just went for arms here and.
Speaker 8: Then wow, you literally jump with your knees like.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you for showing.
Speaker 13: You had a little poppings too, and also on the face of my glasses, that's pretty impressive.
Speaker 5: Amy got one leader, No.
Speaker 3: But look what I can do?
Speaker 5: What can you? And also you want to try again?
Speaker 10: Or no?
Speaker 4: No, because my left the lower lamar is now in pain.
Speaker 5: Okay, there she's Amy to get it. Try, lunchbox, don't give a try?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, man, can you even stand on your knees? Lunchbox?
Speaker 5: What I can't even bend down there? I think you might can get this one though, I don't know. Man, he could not do the cross leg. Amy's injured. Okay, from your knees, arm swinging to your feet, go.
Speaker 8: Knees, defeat me, defeat me?
Speaker 5: Different? Are you oka? Are you okay?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 5: You got one leg? You know the leg didn't even move you try.
Speaker 13: I know I was concentrated and I got one leg up and I didn't think about.
Speaker 11: The other one.
Speaker 8: Do we need an ambulance?
Speaker 5: Are you okay?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: I was a hammy. Dude, I was almost a hammy.
Speaker 11: I felt out handy, get tight when I did it.
Speaker 8: Too the feet do it again to me?
Speaker 5: Dooby, these defeate. Yeah, you gotta get you gotta get pumped. Let's got wiped out again.
Speaker 11: Try up, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 4: It's not possible, guys.
Speaker 8: You try, dude born Oh man.
Speaker 5: I gotta try this. Eddie, I gotta try.
Speaker 11: I think I broke a time.
Speaker 8: That's why I get off the state.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I'm going to need to go to my car paracture.
Speaker 11: I'm not joking, big hope.
Speaker 7: Everybody's falling apart.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, Annie, hold on, let's let's get into assault. We'll do Eddie. Just sit here. Hey, I got some odds. By the way, someone made odds for this. Odds. The Bobby bone Chow can do this. I did it on video, so I wasn't on. But Morgan is the heavy favorite, the only one to complete it. Okay. Second up was lunchbox didn't work, which he did not get. Amy was plus five hundred, meaning if you bet one hundred bucks, you win five hundred. Well five They didn't believe in you, but rightfully so because you didn't do it.
Speaker 4: Turri Foss true?
Speaker 8: Okay, does that mean I'm last?
Speaker 5: Eddie plus nine hundred? Wow? Out with you nine to one. They think that if you bet one hundred bucks you can make nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: Guys, I'm the I'm the true underdog. You can make a lot of money off me.
Speaker 5: Right now? Are you ready? Needs to feed?
Speaker 8: Okay, you're allowed to run?
Speaker 5: Did you you can use your arms?
Speaker 8: Were you did you get he's doing a hip Did you do a little hit hip motion when you jumped?
Speaker 5: I mean a little?
Speaker 8: I mean right, yeah, I mean I need everything.
Speaker 15: You have to have some So here we goes.
Speaker 11: You're rick?
Speaker 4: Wow you money question. Do y'all do this sort of thing with your trainer.
Speaker 5: In my life?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: And it just Morgan, you're up? Can you do it? Morgan?
Speaker 11: Can do it?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 8: I need to amazing.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 8: It's almost like God lifted me up in there. That was crazy.
Speaker 5: Okay, Morgan, that needs do you get a little stretching, like, let me.
Speaker 7: Like do some some yoga?
Speaker 5: Okay, downward dog? There you go, hand little cat cow.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you say like needs to feat, That's.
Speaker 5: What I say.
Speaker 8: That's what it was good.
Speaker 5: It worked for me. Need to be need you beat doing this camera?
Speaker 11: You gave lunch box the.
Speaker 5: Cam, the shoot video got okay, you can use your arms yep, yep. So like that's exactly it. Moment Ago needs to feed.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 5: You didn't jump? You didn't was actually kind of cool. She like leaned into it.
Speaker 8: And that was because it works like.
Speaker 5: Jump instead of like rock backwards. Just jump. Oh yeah, job, you're getting so Amy.
Speaker 8: Do you want to try a lunchbox?
Speaker 5: Couldn't do it yet?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know we were the guinea pigs. Hurt yourself, I have to. Amy almost walked off with her headphone still in her ears. Well you're holding your hip. You've already hurt yourself. What did she just?
Speaker 8: I don't know what she said?
Speaker 5: Needs to feed? Here she goes, here, she goes, needs to feed, needs to feed, she's waving her arms.
Speaker 8: Whatever.
Speaker 4: Don't think, just do it.
Speaker 3: Don't I overthink it.
Speaker 4: I overthink it.
Speaker 5: She's she's spasming right now. No, no, Amy, you don't even get off the ground. Amy, one leg moved and one one laid there in paralysis. Why what is that?
Speaker 8: Why you want to try it again?
Speaker 5: Because you're scared my back. Well, it's because you're scared. You don't have the confidence I do, at least fall down like you're going to commit maybe maybe one. Yeah, shaking, you're shaking, You're trembling. Whenever you go back, your legs are to tremble. With me, what is the what is the wrong?
Speaker 8: That could be? It?
Speaker 7: You beat?
Speaker 5: It just doesn't It doesn't work.
Speaker 9: I really can't risk hurting my back anymore than I already have.
Speaker 5: Okay, Box, want try it again? Amy and Lunchbox they did not do it. Scuba, can you do it? I think I can. Yeah, I'll try here.
Speaker 13: I'll hold the mic for you.
Speaker 8: Remember Scuba could have been in the NBA, but but he has huge feet and he's I'm trying on.
Speaker 4: The mic.
Speaker 11: You can't do it.
Speaker 8: I've nothing physical in like three years to pick up my kids.
Speaker 5: Holy crap, last shot, Lunchbox.
Speaker 8: Kind of weird school to you, guys.
Speaker 5: Hey, a wise man once said.
Speaker 3: What is it with our body?
Speaker 5: There's a lot of wrong with my body.
Speaker 13: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 5: Okay, So no lunch No, Ang, that is so funny.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 5: Again, he looks like he's getting taste. Abby. Do you want to try it to know if you didn't, I don't want you to hurt yourself.
Speaker 3: I can try.
Speaker 10: I'm not gonna lie. I saw your TikTok last night. I'm trying it. I couldn't do.
Speaker 5: It, really, Yeah, do you want to give it a chance? You don't have to if you're not ready, if you're Abby, drive, let's just still trying it.
Speaker 10: I honestly tried like five times and I was getting really mad.
Speaker 5: But you're not even trying. It's like it's gonna I feel right when he goes up, somebody shoots.
Speaker 13: Him, hits my toes, but I can't get my heels.
Speaker 5: Hey, Lunchbox, try taking your shoes off for those that are listening. No, no, it looks like your shoes are getting trying to go. What it is on your on your knees, up on your feet, Lunchbox, Namy could not get everybody else could so far. Abby, you really got fired up. Remember if you can get this over, Lunchbox, you now, Hey, you're his mama. You know what I'm saying. I'm not even close to her knees to feed Abby. Hold on, you're going the wrong way with your home in them. Abby's arms go up. Whenever she jumps, they need to go back and then yeah, that's when you jump. Yeah, you're going opposite way. Go you can get it. You gave up. Come on, Abby, Abby, get this. Yeah, okay, last chance.
Speaker 3: Y'all have no idea how hard it is for those of us. They can't do it mentally.
Speaker 4: No, okay, well you're close, She's closer.
Speaker 5: All you athletes, good Jobby, Lunchbox, You guys take a step back. All athletes takes step forward. There, we are good to see you guys.
Speaker 9: Okay, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 5: Number two.
Speaker 2: Another big moment from the fall was a big parenting moment for Lunchbox. It was him being proud as well as scared out of his mind because his kid went to a sleepover and then showed up on his front porch at a crazy hour, and Lunchbox shares the entire details of this and I'm still shocked by the story.
Speaker 5: Number four, Lunchbox says, this is the craziest story of his parent life.
Speaker 13: All right, go ahead, Okay, So Friday night, my seven year old went and slept over at someone's house for the first time ever, and he was so excited, and I mean it was great. Didn't hear anything from the other family, So it was going great until six forty am on Saturday morning. My wife wakes me up and goes, hey, do you hear that? It was ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding. It's like, that's the doorbell. And we go downstairs and our seven year old is standing at the front door dripping sweat. And I opened the door and I said, what's up, buddy, goes, well, I woke up, it was light outside, so I thought it was time to come home. So he literally got his backpack without telling anybody at that house, walked out the door and walked two point two miles to my house.
Speaker 8: Oh, my goodnes, two miles two point two miles. I thought it was like a neighbor, Like, how.
Speaker 5: Did he know how to get home? Was the straight line? No?
Speaker 13: So he went from their house back to school, school to our house.
Speaker 5: Does he know school to house? Rats? Y's smart and.
Speaker 13: He knows how to get to their house from the school at six a m.
Speaker 5: How are you confused?
Speaker 13: For a minute, I was like when I saw him and I saw no vehicle, I was like, man, So they just dropped him off and drove away, like that's messed up. And then he was like, yeah, I knew that it was light out and that I had a soccer game today, so thought I thought it was time to come home. And I was just like, Bud, did you not see anybody when you were walking? And he goes, oh, I did, and they said good morning, and I said good morning. Back what so people saw this seven year old with a backpack at six am wandering the streets and they just say good morning.
Speaker 5: I was blown way.
Speaker 8: That's a good point, Like no one called the cops said there's a kid like walking with a backpack.
Speaker 9: Okay, but you know what makes me nervous. It's like, yes, we should call the police.
Speaker 4: But also sometimes when people call the police, the parents get arrested.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, lunchbox good at all?
Speaker 13: But here's the thing, and.
Speaker 9: Let's look, did nothing wrong in neither did the parents where the kid was spending the night.
Speaker 13: Right, they didn't do anything wrong. They were all asleep and he just woke up. It was light outside, and he just grabbed his bag and left. And it was just like and then he said I saw lightning, so I ran part of the way, that's why he was dripping sweat.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, who are you upset at?
Speaker 13: I think I'm more upset the people that were just out walking or running or whatever they were doing, and they saw the kid and they didn't even check on them. They didn't say, hey, man, like, it looks a little weird on a Saturday morning at six am a kid with his backpack.
Speaker 8: Hold on, but what about your son leaving to walk?
Speaker 5: But also, is it a neighbor neighbor neighborhood, If it's a super neighborhood where the streets aren't super crowded. I see a kid walking, I'm thinking he's just going from house to house, that's probably what I'm If it's a highway, I'm like, that does not make sense right true?
Speaker 13: And then I don't know where on the two point two miles he saw these people. Did he see him the neighborhood?
Speaker 5: Did he see him when he was on just a street? Did you call the parents?
Speaker 13: We texted them immediately and they were like, we woke up five minutes ago because the young I guess their youngest son woke up and it was like, I don't see him anywhere, and she's like that's not funny. And then she turned on the lights and.
Speaker 5: He was imagine they went through his own yard attack when you found out, you knew he wasn't bad. Yeah, And she said they.
Speaker 13: Were looking in the out in the yard, in the alley, they were looking everywhere alone boy part two. Yes, they thought maybe he sleepwalks. So they were about to call us and say, hey, does your son sleepwalk? And she was like, I just got our alarm disarmed two months ago. Oh my gosh, Like he just walked out the front door. Walked out the front door two point two miles.
Speaker 5: Is it a neighbor neighbor and neighborhood.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but then he had to go on some greenway like like trails.
Speaker 5: Yeah, smart kid. Yeah, he found his way home. He barry girls did all the way home.
Speaker 8: So does he get in trouble at all?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 13: Like, no, I haven't had the talk with him, like, hey, man, like great job, Like I'm super proud of you because you knew your way home, Like that was so impressive, But Bud, next time tell an adult where you're going.
Speaker 5: I haven't had that talk because.
Speaker 13: It was just like I'm still like in shock when I opened that door and he's standing there dripping sweat.
Speaker 5: Like his dad even that, Yeah, you sweat all the time, even when you're right.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 13: And it was just like man, and he was like, my legs are a little tired because I ran most of the way it was lightning.
Speaker 5: I also run with lightnings.
Speaker 8: Due that is a crazy state.
Speaker 5: I don't think. I think it the neighborhood. You can't be mad at anybody, if anything, be happy that your kid was smart enough to get home.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 13: I am happy about that.
Speaker 5: That is cool.
Speaker 13: But I just I can't imagine if you see a kid with a backpack at that early in the morning on a Saturday, you don't stop him and say, hey, man, is everything okay?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be the creepy person and stops a kid.
Speaker 9: I know, well, I know, but I'm thinking back to when I first got Stevenson, when my kids first came to America. Stevenson was seven years old, and he would learn how he'd learned how to ride a little bike, and we would go on little walks and he would be riding the bike. And he's Haitian, so he's black and I'm white, and I can't tell you how many times he got stopped like I would.
Speaker 4: Be walking near him with the dog, but people would think I'm not the mom, so they would stop him straight up, and he was that age and they'd be like, where's your mom?
Speaker 9: Or you by yourself? Like this doesn't seem right. And we were in a neighborhood, neighborhood like and they.
Speaker 5: Look like a creepy white lady following him.
Speaker 9: They thought, No, I don't think. I think they just thought I was walking my dog. And he'd be like, oh, that's my mom right there, and they'd be like, oh, okay, I guess this is one of those adoption situations. But like they would always ask, like I was shocked how many people were very concerned. And he was seven to eight, So I guess in my mind I'm picturing I'm trying to picture what a seven eight year old looks like.
Speaker 3: And it is weird when they're out by themselves.
Speaker 5: It's talking a kid unless there are a cars driving by. If it's like a kid in this small neighborhood, I just think he's going five houses down. Yeah, because I'm not getting being the one that's like white van. I don't want that pointed in me right, because I love my white van. I'll never change. I'll have my white van for everything.
Speaker 1: It it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 5: Number two.
Speaker 2: In July, when the world is eating so many hot dogs, Eddie was put up to the challenge so Joey Chestnut, who is a world champion for eating eight seventy point five hot dogs in ten minutes. Well, it was then challenged to Eddie to see if you could eat seventy hot dogs in twenty four hours. And you're about to hear some of how that challenge went down. If you want to watch the entire thing, we have a whole bunch of videos on our YouTube page At Bobby Bone.
Speaker 5: Show number three. Eddie starts his hot dog eating in just a few minutes. Here are the three rules. Rule number one, you cannot throw up. If you throw up, it's over.
Speaker 8: Can I throw up at the very end, like say hit seventy?
Speaker 5: You can do whatever I win. Yes, you can't throw up. You can butt up.
Speaker 8: Oh yea, I'm gonna need to be Yeah, you go to the bathroom. Got you?
Speaker 5: All hot dogs must be eating on the live stream. Yes, you gotta stream as much as you possibly can even if you're just sitting there. So that's number two. Number three, you have to eat at least thirty five hot dogs. If not, you have to pay me fifty bucks. I think you're going to struggle with thirty five hot dogs.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 8: Thirty five, I think is the one that immediately I was like, oh, I can pass that line.
Speaker 5: If you win, you get the eight hundred dollars, six hundred from me, one hundred from Amy, one hundred from lunchbox. What will you do with that eight hundred bucks?
Speaker 8: M I thought about donating to charity. Maybe, yeah, you know, I thought about that for a second's donating charity?
Speaker 3: No, I thought about that.
Speaker 8: We'll see I get there, man, it'd be cool if I get there, you know, children will get some money.
Speaker 5: What else are you thinking about doing with it? I'm probably putting some future's bets on the Cowboys. Why would you just waste your money?
Speaker 14: Though?
Speaker 8: That's not waste.
Speaker 5: This is our year. And if I put one hundred dollars in our season, now the hundred, you have seven hundred after.
Speaker 8: That, yeah, and then I can spread it out on other bets.
Speaker 5: But if you did eight hundred on the Cowboys and then you won and how much you would Winday, Okay, so that starts. For those listening on the podcast, we will start our second part of the podcast with Eddie eating the hot dogs. That'll be the podcast. We'll sit and go through stuff while he eats the hot dog.
Speaker 8: I mean, I could maybe hit all seventy in the first podcast.
Speaker 5: First hour, because it's it can be done. Jess Nut did it in ten minutes.
Speaker 8: Just not did it. But then he also told me that probably can't do that.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about your strategy of just jib a little bit, and you're gonna be so grossed out by hot dogs if you're just holding a hot dog the whole time.
Speaker 8: Dude, I think I'm already grossed out by hot dogs just by cooking the first bat.
Speaker 4: I feel like they smell really good.
Speaker 5: They're out there now and a little table smell them.
Speaker 8: No, they smell good.
Speaker 5: I got it. Like a little cold thing happening, or one of my ears is all because I took and one of my ears won't unclog.
Speaker 4: I wonder what that's about.
Speaker 5: Allergies. Oh yeah, right.
Speaker 4: Your ears get clogged because allergies.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, like like you're on an airplane.
Speaker 5: Not as clogged, but my sinus is a little stuffy, and then one of my ears is a little stuffy. Is that a thing stuffy ears? Yes, ear infection that only one well, I don't know if it's infected. Well, that's what happens. Diraft Nap is a unique upright sleeping capsule that they're putting in offices in Japan, designed to let tired workers nap without lying down. Inspired by watching exhausted commuters in Japan, the capsule supports the upper body knees, feet, and butt to help users sleep while standing. Research shows upright napping can be beneficial without the grogginess of lying down. What if that's the thing that we just have not gotten right, that we're supposed to sleep standing up, and all of our beds are where we lie horizontal and we need to be vertical. But it never felt as comfortable, so we never did it, and it was hard to do because you have to be standing up right to stand up, you have to support yourself. This actually removes the need to support yourself. What if that like fixed eighty percent of her illnesses and we just didn't do it and didn't know, or the government knew and they were doing it with their leaders, with our leaders. Yeah, but they were keeping it from us. Yeah. Yeah. And so they're behind the beds. Well, the beds have been around for a long time because that's the only way you could fall asleep, you could, that's the only way you could relax was to let your body down. But if there was a way to relax while standing up, we had enough support up through your body. What a secret they've been holding for us. I'm getting angry something doesn't exist right now. Research shows upright napping is better for the body in a lot of ways. And this Spacia futuristic Spaceia and the nature inspired forest, it takes up minimal floor space. And I'm just reading words, but this would be cool to have four hundred bucks a month to lease and they're putting it in a bunch of offices in Japan. That's from Japan today. Giraffe nap takes about That's a funny name too, now that I think about it, giraft nap because you're standing up tall?
Speaker 4: Do they sleep standing up?
Speaker 5: Giraffe?
Speaker 11: Do?
Speaker 5: I think? So?
Speaker 4: Okay? I guess I just don't know why they call it this.
Speaker 5: Because like I saw this that's a good question. There is an elephant that sleeps standing up, it's other giraff or an elephant.
Speaker 9: Well, but I saw a video drone video, and I don't it look like AI, So don't quote me. They were elephants sleeping and they were all on their sides, and it was the cutest thing I've ever seen, Like it was so heartwarming.
Speaker 4: But then I was like, is this even real?
Speaker 5: You can't say don't quote me and then say it. Maybe AI, that's not a quote. That's just you falling for misinformation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, how do you want me to say?
Speaker 11: I say it.
Speaker 4: That's how it's like.
Speaker 5: I don't know if this is real or not.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so, so if you don't go tell anybody.
Speaker 5: Girafts can and often do sleep while standing up.
Speaker 8: I don't think I've ever seen a horse lay down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, down. They don't lay on their side, on their stomach.
Speaker 8: And with like their hoofs out.
Speaker 5: And that's how a horse lays down, Honestly, I can't.
Speaker 4: I see them like bend their knees and then lower to the ground.
Speaker 5: Like on their side. Horses sleep both standing up and laying down. I'm looking at a horse and a stall and they're laying like if you were laying on your belly, yes.
Speaker 4: Like imagine your your feet like buckeling.
Speaker 5: What this room makes me think about? In Righteous Gemstones and the final season, he develops a praying pod and he puts it in malls all over and it turns out people were just going to wake off and to take them all out. God, he was like, we're doing praying pods, and we thought it was gonna be a great idea, and people would go and take a few minutes of the mall and they had to pull them all out because before going off.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, she's so funny.
Speaker 4: You know, I had my I was watching.
Speaker 8: Did you guys know that?
Speaker 9: I do want to start to watch that show again because you're reminding me of it. But like, you know, my Amazon just started playing shows after I finished another show and it was about the douggers. Have you all seen the Shiny Happy People? I think is what it's called.
Speaker 5: I don't watch anything to do with the Dog.
Speaker 4: Well, it just started playing.
Speaker 9: No, it's a sort of like a peek behind the curtain. It's not a show that is part of like TLC or anything. It's a documentary and one of the daughters is being interviewed with her husband and as an adult she never got paid ever, because the contract was with the dad, and the dad kept all of the money. His adult children that were working their butts off being filmed never got paid.
Speaker 5: Was he a dugger?
Speaker 9: The daughter was a dugger daughter and the dad as a dog? Yeah, the dad that.
Speaker 5: And probably she never challenged it because it was her dad.
Speaker 9: You don't because in their religion, correct, you don't challenge the leader of the house or the head of the house.
Speaker 5: And like that, dad needed one of those pods. Now that kind of takes them to take some steam off.
Speaker 3: Don't know, he had nineteen kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ah, that's true. Well that's what he was potting there. Yeah, that was his pod. Okay, Eddie, you know the rules. I'm ready. We'll get to it in a little bit. Thank you guys. It is now time for Eddie's hot dog eating Challenge. Seventy hot dogs in twenty four hours. Baby, we have the screen. Flip to a bunch of hot dogs and catch up on a hot dog looks disgusting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, oh that's not how you eat it.
Speaker 5: Catch up on a hot dog that looks disgusting.
Speaker 4: Looks awesome for you. The mustard looks disgusting.
Speaker 5: I'm a very much pro mustard. If you're voting for me, What else on your dog? You do?
Speaker 8: Relish and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: I really only need mustard. That's all I can do a little relish. It's fine. Sometimes I'm in the relish mood. Mostly i'm not. And then the chili's fine.
Speaker 8: Yeah it's too much.
Speaker 5: Chili is good. I hate onions. I can just go straight ahead with a hot dog and mustard. That's it. How are you gonna have yours today? Just plain, dude.
Speaker 8: I'm not adding any more calories than I need to, Like, even if ketchup is two calories, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 5: What we'll do now is, let's set up the table Scuba. If you guys want to come in, I'll just keep rolling.
Speaker 8: We got a problem, though, what's the problem. We got a problem?
Speaker 5: What's the problem?
Speaker 8: So Scuba got me the hot dog wieners.
Speaker 5: Why would you call them hot dog wieners? That's what they are, hot dogs, the hot dogs. Okay, not the buns. The buns are separate.
Speaker 8: He got the buns too, but he gave me the Wieners, and I looked at it and he got me jumbo wieners jumbo hot dogs. Like this is not what we agree to. It says the work.
Speaker 5: Shouldn't you have gotten your own? Then jumbo on them? Those are pretty thick.
Speaker 8: Look at that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the jumbos they are is like that. No, there are no chance what I would do as I would They are shorter.
Speaker 8: But look here, read this.
Speaker 5: What I would do is I would have like one or two of these and like ask Abby nicely to go and get you some regular hot dogs from like the gas dage.
Speaker 8: We already bought all these dudes.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I would be upset. These are fat. They're fat hot dogs. If you eat three of these, it's probably four real hot dogs.
Speaker 9: Bobby, can you read me the ounces on the please, I'm gonna do some quick math.
Speaker 5: It the ounces fat or give it?
Speaker 4: I can read it quickly, lots of ounces.
Speaker 5: You might may have to hand this to Amy. Yeah, because I don't know where to read nutrition information on hot dogs. I got it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: So we're looking at serving size one lank.
Speaker 4: Fifteen ounces, and there's.
Speaker 8: Eight I know for sure there are skinnier hot dogs.
Speaker 5: That's the normal sized hot dog right there. That's not the normals. Then, I don't know why you're being aggressive. This is just not the normal sized hot dog. Any what do you see what to buy them? Because I'm upset and whatever.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm I'm let me nobody gets there.
Speaker 9: Uh yeah, yeah, I know what you're hot dogs in a link.
Speaker 5: In a casing.
Speaker 9: Don't get your ground up pork in a link. These could be considered average. Just give me sick.
Speaker 5: I hate them when a girl telling my wingers average, Yes, that's the last thing.
Speaker 9: It is as fromeer beef franks. But they do clearly say jumbo on them.
Speaker 8: I will say, though, I did request beef, you know, just to be safe, and he got the beef, so that's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Well maybe they're only jumbo because they are beef.
Speaker 8: Uh you can't do regular beefs.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I mean again, this sounds like something. If I were doing the challenge, I would take care of myself. I wouldn't relied on somebody else to getting the material. So it's on you as much as it is him.
Speaker 8: Okay, so what's your okay, how about we do this. I'll start. I'll start with the jumbos. Like, my whole strategy is anyway is three an hour? Right, that's the big number. That's kind of the goal. If I do more than three an hour, awesome, I can take three of the jumbo's. Take one for the team, right.
Speaker 5: I don't think you should take one for the team because you can't use it against you not getting your goal. I mean, what are you seeing over that? Good call?
Speaker 9: I'm I found Wiener's Classic, so not jumbo.
Speaker 3: Okay, these are fine.
Speaker 5: They're fine.
Speaker 8: What's the end?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Big difference they have?
Speaker 9: No No, no, we're not okay, we're not. Okay, guys, sorry, the number count got me. There's eight count in here at fifteen ounces. A classic Wiener package is a ten count. So two more of these and it's coming in at sixteen ounces.
Speaker 8: Huge difference?
Speaker 4: Well is it?
Speaker 7: Bobby?
Speaker 4: Do the math?
Speaker 5: I don't even know what you just said.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: This is my point is that you guys should have figured this out before you even started this, both of you. I know it's equally on you.
Speaker 8: Why don't we do this then?
Speaker 4: Okay, let me get my calculator.
Speaker 8: Why don't we negotiate?
Speaker 5: No, no negotiation, this is straightforward. You got to eat the number of hot dogs.
Speaker 9: Okay, each dog and a jumbo is one point eight seven five Okay, ounces.
Speaker 13: In a regular they're one point six.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, yep, that's right.
Speaker 5: Okay, So so we're we're talking about one point. What you're gonna have to do is eat these until we get new ones, Okay, okay, And so I'm cool with that, which means we're gonna have to have Abby go to the gas station across the street. I'm sure they have hot dogs of their station winners. Yeah, but you guys should have organized this. It's both to you. These are bigger over there.
Speaker 8: By the way, Eddie, you are always complaining about something whenever we do any sort of bit, any sort of challenge, any sort of anything.
Speaker 5: Always it is fair.
Speaker 8: I would throw trying to eat seventy hot dogs. You can't talk to me and be like I'm being unfair.
Speaker 5: Like you both messed up. The both messed up. These are jumbo. Those are the.
Speaker 16: Smallest ones they had at publics and they were buy one, get one free.
Speaker 9: Okay, we got to it's guys, we're going to do one more quick equation here.
Speaker 5: Mike, what do you see I'm looking at the size and calories. It looks like a regular hot dog is one hundred and twenty calories. One of these is one forty calories, right.
Speaker 3: No, one of these is one seventy Oh my good, yeah.
Speaker 5: One seventy Yeah, it's significantly.
Speaker 9: Okay, so in point two seventy five is a difference per dog, but time seventy, so that you're talking nineteen point twenty five extra ounces.
Speaker 5: So Eddie, you have to eat these until they bring the other ones back. Okay, but this is on you as much as Scooba. You both messed up, and now our segment's slow and we're live eat. I'm gonna eat, but I'm gonna start eating. Okay, start eating. Here you go, I could soyy can you please go get some You boys have these for two days.
Speaker 16: You could have realized that look at them till yes. Well, and again that's on Eddie too. Yeah, it's one hundred percent of it. No, it's not because you bought. He made me go get them, so I had to go get them. I found that I made, and I found the small both of you. I'm taking zero blame. There are my challenge. Just shut up and do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, what if I just like cut the tip off my challenge each dog.
Speaker 5: I don't want to manipulate any dog. I want to cut any tips off anything, because when I gets circum eyes any hot dogs.
Speaker 4: Here, oh dang, you beat me better, but.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have to eat a few. Yeah, so let's shave it off the number. Then Nope, we're not shaving anything off. When I cut and tips off, we're not shaving off the numbers. You both messed up. Scuba shouldn't have got jumbo. You should have looked at the package and they've not been jumbo jumbo on it.
Speaker 4: But we talked about this on the show the other day. Make sure to get like you get like the smallest normal dog.
Speaker 5: They could have been pencil thing. You wouldn't hit seventy no matter what. Anyway, Okay, Abby, can you please go all right? Well I'm ready, dude, I'm ready to eat some dogs. Okay, a grocery store dry below us. Theation's so hot dog they should but it is a whole foods and no deals. No by one get one. It's not even a deal. It's like are they tofu? Are they not big? If you go, you want good normal hot dogs, you have to go to a good, normal place. Well, there's a public's two blocks you.
Speaker 13: Can go to.
Speaker 5: And if you need to take pictures and send them, please do approve it. Yes, okay, okay, here.
Speaker 13: Now, they're not gonna be grilled, Odie, are you gonna be mad about it?
Speaker 8: I'll eat. I'll eat whatever I have here that I already grilled, and then the rest will do later.
Speaker 5: Okay, here you go, gets these come on? Oh god, dude, all right, get to eating. But you only have to eat three. I would eat three at five.
Speaker 8: Now, No, no, I mean maybe I might hit five. I just I'm just saying three an hour is kind of my my scope.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 5: And who's gonna run your cameras? Morgan? Okay, Eddie's walking up to the table. Eddie and I went six down down, bab we hurt the bad and you are only forty minutes in.
Speaker 8: That's a lot.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of dogs. Well than I thought I would do in the first hour. How do you feel?
Speaker 8: I feel fine, I feel good. I just I feel it. My stomach getting a little fooler.
Speaker 4: It's not Oh, we should have measured it.
Speaker 8: Oh gosh, I should do it before and after.
Speaker 5: Picture, you gotta take a break or not keep going.
Speaker 8: I think I'm gonna take a little break wait for those other dogs to come in.
Speaker 5: How you gotta cook them though, you can eat them cold. I might just throwing the microwave. You can definitely micwave a hot dog, which we did all every time growing up.
Speaker 8: We do that.
Speaker 5: One of the most common ways couples meet is also the least satisfying and leads to marital troubles. This is a study. What do you think the most common way the couple's meat is amy.
Speaker 4: And it's not satisfying, and it leads to trouble.
Speaker 9: Social media dating apps okay.
Speaker 5: Apps, tenderheinge, bumble, they have a mass, hundreds of millions of users. They're becoming white very popular, and dating apps are arguably the best way for first dates. And it also turns out that a lot of people who date on these apps and get into relationships get back on the apps before they're not out of the relationship.
Speaker 4: M interesting, which makes sense. Well, I also know success stories from them too, so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but because there are so many people, they're going to be what are you doing over there? I'm just writing my name? Okay, someone can use that.
Speaker 3: Drunk off of all time.
Speaker 8: If I'm thinking all this stuff home, I'm gonna make sure my kids know what everything is that we don't grab stuff.
Speaker 5: Chal yep a right.
Speaker 8: You know we're having hot dogs, right are you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You said your family was gonna like in solidarity.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because that we have friends in town too. So like there's like probably ten.
Speaker 5: Kids that are you have friends in town and you're doing this, dude.
Speaker 8: The crazy thing is the last time these friends came into town to visit us, I will have my hair transplant, my hair sister, and your whole life is just yes, we're there, Like you're eating seventy hot dogs. Your job is crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, every weekend, Eddie has something to do.
Speaker 8: I thought that was funny.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you're done eating hot dogs. I think I gonna take a little break.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the sum is getting full.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of hungry.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we've shut the podcor let me don't shut off. Yeah, you shut it off already. Okay, so let's say buy in the podcast. Thank you everybody for listening Eddie. Good luck for those that missed it. Eddie only ate twenty hot dogs out of seventy. Massive failure. Vomited on the live stream. Vomited on the live stream. I was watching him. He was at home walking. You could tell he was suffering and was like, I don't know, booh, and then away it went.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do anything.
Speaker 9: It's better though that he threw up instead of just giving up.
Speaker 5: I feel like a little bit throwing up is giving up. You let your body true. It like you had a conversation with your body and you're like, you know what, I give you permission to throw up.
Speaker 10: I had a.
Speaker 8: Conversation with my body and I told my body to get ready for all these hot dogs and it wasn't ready.
Speaker 5: No, you said you ate terrible food. To send it down as a message that more terrible foods are coming there may have been the worst strategy I've ever heard. We offered Eddie eight hundred dollars if you could eat seventy hot dogs in twenty four hours, and he ate twenty. We went strong. We streamed for like three hours up here from the show after we finished, and we did all kinds of like cup challenges, and we had more people watching the stream we've ever had watching the stream, So thank you to everybody. We gained like two thousand followers on YouTube. So all that was great. The one thing that wasn't great was really your performance. The reason we were streaming. Yeah, yeah, yeah, your thoughts go ahead.
Speaker 8: My thoughts are. My mind was ready to win this thing, like I was willing. I was determined to win this thing. The problem that I ran into was that my body was not getting rid of these hot dogs. So when I got to about fifteen, I was like, nothing's moving in my body, So how am I going to fit more hot dogs?
Speaker 5: And the clock just kept on ticking. Dude, did it move faster than he thought?
Speaker 8: Yes, much faster, because I started thinking, okay, now I'm at the point where I need to hit three an hour. I couldn't even get one when I could. When I was struggling to get one down, I knew I was in trouble.
Speaker 5: I text Eddi and I said, hey, how's it going? Because we had left we left here twelve thirty year yeah, man, then twelve thirty or one, and we were going to eat lunch. But Eddie even eating lunch since about nine that morning. And I text him said how you feeling? And he said, I have hot dogs in my throat. That's the sty and not from the swallow down. I think from the build back.
Speaker 8: Up, coming back up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So then he vomited. That was it.
Speaker 8: Man, Like I was working on my twenty first and I was close to getting my twenty first, and my body just said, nope, no more hot dogs.
Speaker 5: The twenty first hot dog is like your twenty third birthday means nothing.
Speaker 8: Correct, But no, I really was about ninety percent done with that hot dog. That last bite, that's when it all came out.
Speaker 5: But you know what I would do like a little clap, but I don't feel like it's clapworthy. You thought you could do it, you said you could do it, you didn't do it. Saved us money, made me money. He owes me fifty bucks.
Speaker 13: I do that's amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if he didn't do thirty five, he had to pay me for me.
Speaker 4: Saved money has made money, So I think.
Speaker 5: Money has made money. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I feel like I let down. I'm really sorry.
Speaker 5: Did you feel bad all weekend? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I really didn't eat till like Saturday late morning. I kind of had like a bowl of fruit, but that was it for the whole day, and then I had a little dinner at night. But man, I'm still not back to where I can eat a full meal. But even now, no, I don't even want a full meal.
Speaker 5: Do you like hot dogs? Now? No at all? Like whoa will that always be? Like tainted?
Speaker 8: Let me tell tell you, more than the room in my body, the smell of making a hot dog was making me a.
Speaker 5: Gag on Friday. I never thought I would get to that point. Well, big big loss, big loss, big big, big al three fifty bucks for me and we'll move on to figure out what the next challenge is.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: This is a newer development. Just happened at the beginning of December. Our phone screener Abby had some huge relationship news to share with all of us and she kept it until that very moment.
Speaker 4: So it was very exciting for everyone to hear number two.
Speaker 5: Right, drum roll on me, please have a big personal announcement.
Speaker 3: What make at sure my headphones a wrong?
Speaker 5: So you doing something over there week?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well they sometimes the sound goes out, but I want.
Speaker 4: To be able to hear this.
Speaker 5: You don't want to miss this? Yeah? Oh boy? So uh oh the announcement is but it's not me that has the announced. Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, what what the announcement is? Abby? What do you want to say?
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm engaged.
Speaker 5: Gosh, look at that, I have a ring, I have a diamond.
Speaker 4: Congratulation.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 5: So let's go. She's obviously kept this private and secret until now, so tell us, tell us. I don't know anything, so tell me everything.
Speaker 10: Oh man, okay. So it was Saturday that happened, and he was acting like pretty normal, but he was doing like subtle things throughout the day that now that I look back, well, for one thing, you asked kind of about my nails, Like I took my nail polish off, and he's just like, so, what what color you gonna do?
Speaker 5: I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 10: Were you know they look when he asked about your nails? No, not at all, but they looked bad. So I'm glad I did do that.
Speaker 5: Does he ever ask about your nails ever?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: And that didn't put you onto it at all.
Speaker 10: No, just because I took it off. And then I was like, good thing, I took my nails off. See they look better. I just need to paint them. And then that's when he was like, oh, what color. So, and then he was playing like a playlist that he has songs that like make remind me of him of me that he was playing like in the car, and I was like, oh, okay, interesting. But then he was like, okay, get ready for dinner, like an early dinner at like four point thirty, and I'm like, that's so early.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 10: Anyway, come to find out, he wanted me to be able to see the ring, you know, like it was outside. Yeah, and then he was like, do you want to take a guess where we're going? And I actually guessed where we were going because it was our first date spot, but I don't know why I thought of that. So anyway, we're walking and we're.
Speaker 5: Where was your first date spot, like on a hill or something or a resturant.
Speaker 10: No, it's a restaurant, yeah, yeah, in twelve South. And so I remember like the first time I saw him on our date, like because we met on a nap and so the first time I saw him, he was standing by a trash can, and so I always remember this like moment when I walked by, I'm like, oh, I remember meeting you for the first time, and I guess I brought that up a lot, and so we get to that spot and he like pulls me off to the side and I'm like, oh, this is weird, and he like gives me a hug and then he starts saying all this, and then.
Speaker 7: I just like it was a blur after that.
Speaker 5: Like basically I knew as soon as you realize what was happening, yes, but I'm like.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no, no no. I just started going like blacking out. And then he was like so Abby and then he like got down on one knee and he's like, will you marry me?
Speaker 7: And I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 10: Gosh, and I like freak out. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to do with my hands. And then there was a couple like walking by and they're like, you want your picture, so they took our picture. And he didn't put the ring on yet, Like we're standing there and he has the ring in the box and I was.
Speaker 7: Just like standing there.
Speaker 10: I didn't know what to do. And then he's like, Abby, you gotta put let me put the ring on. So that you know what's crazy?
Speaker 5: If you try to think back, do you know what he said?
Speaker 10: It was kind of like you know, we've the past two years we've had we've made some amazing memories, and I know this spot right here is a special spot for you.
Speaker 5: When did it hit you that this is happening?
Speaker 10: Basically when he was like, and I want this spot to become even more special, and I was like.
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, pretty good.
Speaker 10: And then then when he went so abby and then yeah, I'm like, oh man, this is real.
Speaker 8: That's did you say?
Speaker 5: I did, like immediately, yeah, So so so what do you got? Do you still go to dinner?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: We did, uh huh, because you got to make calls and texts and facetimes and stuff.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we didn't. We just went right into dinner and then we went up to the He made a reservation, but he was like, do you guys have more of like a special spot because we just got engaged. They're like, oh, that's awesome. So they put us like out by the fire. It was kind of out on the outdoor patio and no one was out there the whole time.
Speaker 7: And then they brought champagne.
Speaker 10: They did, yeah, like a glass of champagne.
Speaker 5: Did your parents know what was going to happen?
Speaker 10: He asked them, like two months ago or a month ago, So no, they didn't know when it was going to happen. But he did ask them.
Speaker 5: He played it right like ask forever ago, because then everybody kind of forgets. And then did you know when he asked them?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 10: I didn't at all. Huh huh.
Speaker 5: So do you call them while you're sitting at dinner? Like are you just furiously like like calling it all your friends?
Speaker 7: I waited till I got home.
Speaker 5: I was like, let's just I don't know how I waited.
Speaker 10: I know I don't either, but I was so I couldn't believe it. I still like, can't. I looked down.
Speaker 7: I'm like, wow, that's so yeah.
Speaker 10: I got home and I FaceTime my mom and it was so funny because her jaw was like on the floor for five she just didn't She was like, Oh, I like your shirt it's like shiny or whatever, and I'm like holding it and I'm like closer to the camera. She's like, oh my gosh, So that was cool.
Speaker 5: I saw.
Speaker 4: That's fun.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm really excited.
Speaker 5: Do you guys have an idea when you want to get married?
Speaker 10: Not really, no, rush, that's just the question you ask. Yeah, probably like end of next year or twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's so rush but yeah, we haven't but yeah, congratulations, that's thank you really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm super happy for Abby.
Speaker 4: I know it's so cute, like typical Abby that she's like and.
Speaker 10: Then I've blocked out. Yep, it's like easy trivia all over again. Right.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, no, this has been something I think you've wanted for a long time, Like you didn't know for sure it was going to be this guy, but you finally found him.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's like, how do you feel. I'm like, well, it's surreal because I actually didn't think this would ever happen in my life.
Speaker 5: Do you keep looking down at your hand over and over again? Yes, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I can't stop. It's shiny.
Speaker 5: That's cool, like my only diamond. Now she can put a picture becauld even hide it from us. Yeah yeah, now now she can put a picture up. Congratulations Abby, We're super happy for you.
Speaker 10: Thank you, man.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two another huge personal update in twenty twenty five. Bobby and his wife Caitlin had something to share in September.
Speaker 5: Number one, I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 4: I literally just let the voice fail that.
Speaker 10: It makes me so happy whenever people I love want.
Speaker 4: To have a baby and then they get pregnant and out here.
Speaker 6: Sengraculations.
Speaker 4: I don't even want to leave my name because I sound crazy.
Speaker 5: But it's Hailey from Missouri. That's funny. Thank you, great call. Yes, so we finally got to announce yesterday that my wife is having a baby. I'm not going to be mister we're pregnant guy. We're going to have a baby. It's going to be our baby. But she's the one that pregnant with it because she's the one that's been sick. That's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, we're having a baby and it's crazy. And it's been the secret that's been the hardest to keep because it's been a long secret and it's different than a normal secret. Like I got secrets so deep in me that I'm never going to share from people. But this is a weird one because you know you're going to share it at some point. It's like when you got to use the bathroom really bad, and the closer you get to the house, the more it starts hitting you. Yeah, it's like, as we were getting closer to being able to tell them, Oh, I gotta tell somebody. So, yeah, we're having a baby, and she's having the baby, but we're going to have a baby. Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: I think it's so heay for you to say we're having a baby.
Speaker 5: I know, I just have seen her go through it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and I feel.
Speaker 5: Guilt with going because I ain't doing crap.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think as long as you don't say.
Speaker 5: We're we're pregnant, I can say we're having a baby.
Speaker 9: Yes, because it's that helps, you know, not that anybody would think you're not the dad, but you're you are having a baby.
Speaker 8: When you say if you say we're pregnant, well, Amy got me a book that was like we're pregnant.
Speaker 5: Did you know that's what the book was called.
Speaker 9: Oh well that was more so for you to know the stages of the pregnancy.
Speaker 5: I've learned so much about pregnancy and stages. Yeah, it's been wild.
Speaker 9: So yeah, sorry, I should have crossed that out and been like, Caitlin's pregnant and here's what you need to learn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's wild. You know. It'd be our first kid and we're very excited about it. But it has been a bit because she's been very sick. Like, here's the thing. They might call it morning sickness, but they forgot to say sometimes you're sick for twenty four hours a day for two months total and you can't get out of bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I've often wonder why it's called morning sickness, Like are you mourning your life?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Like are you just like mourning getting pregnant? Yeah, because it's so painful.
Speaker 5: It's a good point. We had so many great messages and you guys can call us as well if you want. Eight seven, seven seventy seven.
Speaker 14: Bobby, congratulations to you and your wife.
Speaker 11: That's so awesome to hear.
Speaker 14: I've been a father for about three years now. It's quite the journey. It's it's amazing. Genuinely, I want to take congratulations, see you in the missus, and good luck with a Bobby. It's the best thing you're ever going to do with your life.
Speaker 5: Take care, Thank you very much. We posted on Instagram yesterday about three o'clock. We really didn't have a time or a set plan, and a wife came down and was doing an interview with Clint Black. She came down and hung out a little bit and she was like, let's just go in and post it. I think for her it was good just to get it out there. Yeah, because you know we're in it now. I'm not gonna say exactly where we are on the stage and not I gonna reveal the gender or anything, so make it easier for me and don't ask. But I think she was just ready for it to be said. She was getting a lot of weird dms. So was I was like, your wife hasn't been on your social media? Are you guys getting divorced? Oh gosh, and like that however that started, and no, she's just we went on vacation and we took her family on vacation, her mom and her dad and her sister and our brother in law, and she wasn't any of the pictures and so people were like, you didn't have your wife any of your pictures. Are you guys going through a divorce? And I'm like, do you think if I were going through a divorce we would take our family on vacation?
Speaker 4: Good point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So yeah, we're gonna do it. Well, I mean, we did it, but now we're gonna do it. We're gonna have a baby. I had a few other ideas for that caption on the pictures that we posted yesterday, and we ended up just putting like a baby emoji in a heart and my wife and I we collabed, but it had some ideas. Number one was we both were gonna hold our shirts up and be like, one of us has got a baby in us.
Speaker 8: That's good.
Speaker 5: Number two was gonna be like, she let me do this to her?
Speaker 3: Oh no, you don't need that.
Speaker 4: No, that's weird.
Speaker 5: Nope, funny.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't like that one.
Speaker 4: What's next for those of the two?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: I had a few more, but if you don't like that one, And she was like, we can do whatever you want, but I'd prefer not to make it, you know, a comedy act. And so we settled on the baby head and the heart.
Speaker 9: I sure remember when I texted you about it, because Caitlyn had told me, and then I texted you like, oh my gosh, congratulations, and then you were like what like you replied back your little comedy sketchy, He goes, what Caaitlen's pregnant?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah. Another comment was she didn't like this one. I think it's mine.
Speaker 8: That's always a good one, right, that's an old trustee.
Speaker 5: That's an old trusty one there.
Speaker 3: It's always a bit.
Speaker 4: It's a bit.
Speaker 5: It doesn't tell you it ain't a bit. I got a lot of great calls and texts, and I'm not a person. When there's really good or bad news that calls anybody, I'll text. But I really admire people who call because and I didn't want to really answer them because I feel awkward, like I feel like they don't even want to talk. They just feel like they have to call. But I got a call from a couple people yesterday and they were like, just want to say I saw it, and I gasped and I don't know, I just called you. And then I feel like they're on the phone way too long with me, like they don't really want to be on the phone with me. So I'm like trying to get off the call. The whole time. I'm like, thank you, I'll tell her and you know if all right, it's just I'm bad on the phone. Got the future baby, got an offer a scholarship at Purdue yesterday already already wow, wow. Yeah. I'm friends with coach Odam, the football coach there, and he was like, hey, whatever it is, boy or girl scholarship offer to Purdue right now? Yeah, call me and let me know that.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, Caitlin's so athletic. I bet you two you do.
Speaker 5: But like, Jimmy, what are you doing now? She's way more athletic than I am.
Speaker 3: Yes, I feel like you didn't let me finish.
Speaker 9: Between the two of you, your baby is going to have skills.
Speaker 15: It will come out about it even Yeah, if it gets my wife's athleticism, it's on mm hmmm because she her whole family they are they're just gifted the superb athletes.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, So that's what's up.
Speaker 8: How you feeling?
Speaker 5: It's been We've been in this for months. At this point, it feels good to just finally reveal it.
Speaker 9: I think the way you put it of like when you have to go to the bathroom and the closer you get, like the worst, you just have to go, like you just want to get it out. It's got to feel so freeing that.
Speaker 5: The other analogy is running on a treadmill, like the clo So you get to that whatever mile mark, you're like, I can't do this much. You really start to go I don't know if I can do this much longer. As you get closer to it. But yeah, it feels. It feels great to say it. And you know, my initial pitch was to not even announce there was a pregnancy, just to have the baby exist. Whoa, it would just start showing up in pictures. And my wife was like, I don't think so I have to hide for like nine months And I'm like, yeah, but what a bit huh.
Speaker 9: Then there would be all these things of like who's the surrogate or where'd y'all get that baby?
Speaker 5: No, but we would have pictures to post where'd you get the baby? That's a funny one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean that's what I mean, Like, this baby disappears.
Speaker 5: But that's the bit. That's why it's awesome, just an appearing baby. So yeah, it's it's awesome. I don't even know. I really have no idea.
Speaker 4: Are you scared?
Speaker 5: Not yet? Yeah, she'd been so sick, she was so sick for so long that it's mostly just like no time to think about anything else except try to get her better.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Scared maybe is the right word, but just like the right word, yeah, nervous, scared. Yeah, you'll probably as you get closer, I'm sure.
Speaker 5: There will be anxiety that comes in, But I think the most anxious that I've been was like pre all of this, I just I don't know. I was always scared, and I don't know. I think part of me was like, I'm never going to have a kid, or I may not have a kid, and I'm okay with that because I didn't want to have a kid and be poor because I grew up as a poor kid with no resources, and so we don't have to worry about that. You know, that's a selfish thing and there's gonna be other hard things, But to me, that was always the fact, like I don't want to have to raise a kid like I grew up and so we don't have to. And again, if it weren't for her, I don't know that I would have ever had a kid. So yeah, I really don't not talk about IM probably gonna say a lot of things wrong because people get offended at everything when talking about people being pregnant stuff. There was one comment yesterday maybe did here and I didn't go into the comments purposefully and got a lot of them, and this this comment was like, and again I'm going to say a lot of stuff wrong. So if you're offended by what I say. I didn't mean to, but also kick rocks both right, Like, I apologize in advance if I say something that's offensive, and I don't mean to be offensive. But this person wrote glad you had success with IVF from a fellow IVF R, and I'm like, we didn't do IVF. And also, there's nothing wrong with IVF or a lot of my friends. I've done it. But why would they assume that no idea, no idea, that's a weird one. Yeah, you're coming back. I didn't call it was not the Bobby Bone show page.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think your response was.
Speaker 5: So, you know, I'm just saying, over the next few months, I'm going to say stupid things, yeah, because I don't know enough about Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: I feel like, was that an example of just someone else saying something stupid?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah you might.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean whatever, it's just someone making an assumption.
Speaker 5: But why would you even assume that, Well, you know, what about because she's thirty three, it's not you know, I don't I don't know if there's is there an age thing when people get older? Is it more of a because she's not older yet, she's not. What's a geriatric pregnancy? Weird word by the way, so weird. Yeah, it should be like eighty and pregnancy.
Speaker 3: Man, definitely going to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah you should be. Yeah. So yeah, we didn't do IVF, but if we did, who cares? Why would you even write that anyway? If we did, Like, you don't know that, you're just assuming something. Yeah, but that was the only thing that you know.
Speaker 4: What assuming does?
Speaker 5: M h, I've heard, so I'll grab some calls, We'll take a little break, come back. It's really nice to be able to say it and not hide it anymore.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 5: And I've been dropping a little easter eggs here and there. If you guys have been paying attention, So like, what, uh stroller talk? Oh dude, it was all over but stroller talk you knew?
Speaker 4: Oh so maybe I wasn't noticing it.
Speaker 5: Probably not because.
Speaker 9: I'm like, well, sometimes we talk about stroll and you kept saying over and over, I know nothing about strollers.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 5: I don't know nothing about the stroller.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it didn't occur to me.
Speaker 3: I don't really know if that was an easter egg. No, I'm curious, what.
Speaker 8: Are you so are you buying the Lamborghini stroller.
Speaker 5: I don't think so, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No, no, please don't.
Speaker 5: That was on the podcast yesterday. If you guys want to go hear that.
Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two and.
Speaker 2: That wraps us for our top twenty five moments from the Bobby Bone Show. I hope you guys enjoyed it. I hope you're ready for the new year, twenty twenty six. It's all about to be our year. I think we all feel that way in January, so hopefully it continues throughout the year. For all of you guys, Stay safe, have a happy new year, and I really appreciate you being here. I hope you enjoyed the new content. We'll have more next weekend for you with Mike d and subscribe to The Bobby Bone Show on YouTube. That always helps us out at Bobby Bone Show and if you want to check out a different podcast so you can go to mine. Take this personally. I have a lot up there from the entire year that I think you'll really like. Okay, guys, see you in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: That's the Best Bits of the week with more Again, thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 5: Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 10: Show and follow at web girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.