Speaker 1: Walk up to NFL Daily presented by Draft Kings Sports Book, where we're out of our walking boot. I am Greg Rosenthal here in the Chris Wesleyan Podcast studio with Steve Weisch and Patrick Claybond.
Speaker 2: Maybe Justin Herbert's back this week, Baby, he's not.
Speaker 3: Who knows it's it'd be tough to imagine.
Speaker 4: We had this conversation with Jordan Love, Like last week we were watched a guy like hobble out there and throw one pass a practice. Some people like Love's back and it's like, wait, why would why would they do that here so early in the season. I understand they lost last week, Steve, but this, this is.
Speaker 5: What Jim Harbaugh was like, Well, we had him up there gats Alex High School with the TJ.
Speaker 3: Why what's right?
Speaker 5: You know, let's go ahead and put him out there, get Stone, Cole Jones and at George, Carl Aftis and and Dana and all of you know.
Speaker 3: He could ticket handle it.
Speaker 2: It is crazy. We'll get to that game soon.
Speaker 1: But yes, Justin Herbert is progressing, according to Harbor, and that just was was sticking in my mind. How badly like these teams want to win this game for to us, it feels early week four, But like if you've just had a loss in your Jim Harbaugh or you're one of these zero to three teams, it feels late.
Speaker 2: They gotta gotta get a w.
Speaker 3: You never have to balance out anything to say Jim Harbaugh. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now when you're you're watching Taylor Heinekee you practice, you look over herbo and you're like, all right, man, let's get that hyper hyperbolic chamber. Not the hyperbolic chamber.
Speaker 3: That's all. That's DVZ. What was What was t o N is the.
Speaker 5: You're killing Greg though. I mean if you don't mention an Eastern stick's name like.
Speaker 1: Greg, No, No, that's good. No, I'm glad it should be Taylor Heineke. That's not the first game we're gonna mention it. It's the second. Because we're going from the biggest to the smallest spreads this week, we're just we're just flipping it on its head.
Speaker 4: Because the league has been flipping it on its head because man, big favorites have been coming up short time after time again, including a team that we saw win in Week one and that is the New England Patriots. But they're having to come all the way out here to Santa Clara to take on the forty nine Ers, who are a ten point favorite. Despite all of the injuries, we spent portions of the game with no Trent Williams, no George Kittle, Brandon Ayuk was playing, Deebo Samuel wasn't. Of course, Juwan Jennings goes off Greg ten points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Although I'm afraid of taking the Patriots in any scenario after me and you Patrick both took them straight up last week and it was the most one sided game this side of Buffalo Jacksonville. Yeah, that's too much for me. I mean, if I had to choose it, I'm taking the points there. And yet I certainly would take the forty nine ers because look, their quarterback is playing outstanding. I'm gonna go positive and say that was one of the best Black Black party games I ever saw. When I turned on that tape and I went through, I was like, did he have almost a perfect day? I mean, he's he's running the ball, well, the guys aren't that open. He had the second highest tight window throw rate in the league so far this season, so you haven't seen a lot of open receivers. There's not a lot of yak right now, so their offense is a little off. But Jordan Mason is a good running back. They're moving the ball, and perty I think is showing he actually can elevate. He just needs some help from his defense and special teams. The offense really hasn't been the problem.
Speaker 5: Well, I wouldn't hurt if Brandon Ayuke held onto the ball. Yes, he is off to a tough start, and once he gets going, then this offense is going to open up.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 5: Ten is way too big of a number because his Patriot's defense is pretty good. I mean, for everything you just said about Brock Purt, his Patriots defense is not bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I push back on that just a little bit, Like that's what I thought coming into the year, But in reality the last two weeks, their front's been pushed around a little bit. Christian Gonzales is good, but I don't know. They were kind of dominated last week against the Jets and just up front.
Speaker 2: I wasn't thrilled against this.
Speaker 5: I'm checking that. It's just like, Okay, Week three was nuts. I think they'll be better this week. I just the ten points is a lot that over unders thirty nine point five probably on the mark, because I wouldn't be surprised if by the fourth quarter we are seeing Tom Drake May a lot more conversation about Drake May getting playing time, getting thirty percent or more of the first team reps. In practice, you can see Jacoby Brissett is back on that turnstyle.
Speaker 4: Well, then the thing is, maybe Jacoby is looking over at this forty four point eight percent pressure rate that the offensive line right is allowing. It says, all right, Rook, go ahead there, get in there and try to make it work, because it's I too would say that ten points is too many. But then, having as Greg mentioned, picked the Patriots to the Jets, I don't know if ten points is going to be enough considering just how poorly they protected Jacoby present throughout that game. And then on the other side, brock Party he and Joe Burrow have legitimate complaints as two guys that played spectacular football in Week three and still came up with the loss. It's just the universe collaborating to make sure it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Right, So this is, you know, the a two time NFC championship team in the forty nine, coming off a loss, knowing that they need a win, you kind of trust them in this spot. But the case for the Patriots keeping it close is, hey, this is one front actually that the Patriots might be able to protect Jacoby. This has been a bad defense. They haven't been able to rush the passer. It's Bosa and not much else up front. They have some weaknesses in coverage with Campbell and Isaac Yadam has been struggled. Their special teams is among the worst in the league, killing them every week. So it's a game where they could they could. I think Jacoby is going to survive and play maybe his best game of the year because of the matchup.
Speaker 5: Remember Javon Hargraves out for the year too, tourist triceps, so you know, the stud interior tackle that's an issue. But I was about to say that one thing about the Niners defensively, they have got to be sick. They could not get the Rams off the field in the second half, especially on third down last week. They're getting hit on all kinds of intermediate routes. They're going to have to tighten some things up if they're going to continue to be the supposed dominant team in the NFC.
Speaker 2: Then again, that was Sean mcaher running it up.
Speaker 1: Show me something, Alex van Pel, I need to see a little something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what if I told you got your lunch taken sixty percent of the time that you walked into the cafeteria. The Patriots are getting hit behind the line of scrimmage fifty eight percent of the time on their carriers. It's bad at ten points. Ten points, might be might be irrational. The second biggest spread of the week is right over there, across the other side of the building and across the street from US at SOFI Stadium. The Kansas City Chiefs seven and a half point favorites at the Chargers. Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, and Tracy Wolfson on the call, they're probably in meetings looking at Justin Herbert's ankle. We're going to be doing that all week, trying to figure out who's actually going to start Steve. Regardless, the Chargers could be in a tough situation.
Speaker 5: Seven and a half is too big for me, just because the Chiefs are going to make it tight no matter what.
Speaker 3: They're just that team.
Speaker 5: They don't wipe teams out, you know, Jim Harball will have the Chargers regardless if it's Taylor Heineke, whomever fired up to play this game. You know, the Chiefs are having to grind out every win. I do think this is gonna be a big Travis Kelcey game. The Chargers number Derwin James is suspended for this game, so they don't have the matchup that's gonna afford, you know, to put a man on Kelsey.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be zone.
Speaker 5: We know Kelsey is the big zone beater, so for all the questions about him, I think he's gonna go off. You know, we're gonna see more of that guy there, Rashie Rice, who's outstanding. But seven and a half just too big of a number. I think the Chiefs went out right, but to seven.
Speaker 3: And a half.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we're I should have mentioned at the top last week we were bold, we were united, and we survived. We picked as a Seattle Seahawks as a team together. After yeah, it didn't go so well the first few weeks. We wanted to jump back in and help everyone in their survivor polls. That wasn't the biggest spread of the week, but we're gonna pick up again today as a team. As a team preview show team, I think the Chiefs are great option. You're saying that the Chargers might keep it close. Taylor Heineke is either he's starting this game, and he actually had a very high PFF scored last week. I was like, how did that happen? Then I went back and watched he threw two passes in the game. One of them was nice. I was like, that was a nice pass. So they you know, that's how the grades work out. I guess it's sort of perfect.
Speaker 3: Might only right.
Speaker 2: It was very nice, kind of second level over the defender type of throw.
Speaker 1: I'd give them a chance with Taylor Heineke to keep it close, but not much of one eastern stick.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't give him any. But here here's the problem.
Speaker 3: Your favorite player.
Speaker 1: Joe Alt might be missing this game. Is going to miss this game. Rayshawn Slater might miss this game. Joey Bosa might miss this game. Herbert is clearly not right. Those are their five best players, Like, make a list of their best players. I'm I'm happy getting the Survivor pick.
Speaker 2: Are you guys? Are you guys with me on this one?
Speaker 3: I'm with you? On this one. OK.
Speaker 4: Again, I'm somes been touchy this. It's gonna be Steve, because again Steve, we're gonna have to do this.
Speaker 5: Because you guys let me come in and cheat on this. You let me come in week two, so.
Speaker 1: We're all we're all cheating and if we lose, it'll it'll end. But I think we're going to go rest of the season.
Speaker 3: But it's not just us.
Speaker 4: It's about the folks who have somehow managed to survived to this point in this chaotic Survivor League season thus far. We want to give them an option, and I feel like, considering the injuries mounting on the Chargers, their difficulty dealing with this team in general, it feels like a safer pick for me.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy is that the Chiefs have kind of become a running team, and I think that's a good way to beat this Chargers team.
Speaker 2: Like they're number one in the NFL and success rate.
Speaker 1: There's like a stat where it's rushing attempts over expected, just like in certain situations, would you expect them to run or pass the ball? And the Chiefs are always you know, they're way over you know, in terms of they pass way more than they run than you would.
Speaker 2: Expect this year. Actually, they run even in passing situations. They run because.
Speaker 1: Everyone's just playing back and they're they're great at running the ball and picking up those four to five yards even with Carson Steel number one running back in the league in terms of success right.
Speaker 3: And Kareem Hunt could be playing this week. It sounds like he's gonna play this.
Speaker 2: That would be cool.
Speaker 1: And Patrick Mahomes, it's like he's not really dazzling right now, but he's he's a humble man and he's just happy to take those four yards handing.
Speaker 4: The ball off because it's it's working and much to his chagrin, and he talks about, you know, disappointing performances like, okay, Patrick won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: It's like trying to enjoy.
Speaker 2: Things, but he's kind of been dil of disappointing.
Speaker 5: It's the same stuff we were saying, No, this is more, this is more, this is more, but it's it's it's gonna it's gonna happen. It's it's gonna open up.
Speaker 1: I just got I just say when when it's Juju and Kelsey out there, that's one of the slowest teams in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but way too worthy in Hollywood. Caron come back. It's still early.
Speaker 4: Big Big Red said, don't worry, Travis doesn't washed the defense are not treating it.
Speaker 5: Patrick Creank's got the guys who need a tugboat to get off the line of scrim Wow.
Speaker 2: I definitely have some juju bitterness about the New England Days.
Speaker 4: Got men zone last week's speaking of a success last week, let's go to the Denver Broncos who went on the road down to Tampa Bay and got a win over the previously unbeaten Tampa Bay Buccaneers and now they are seven and a half point underdogs at Aaron Rodgers and the New York Jets. Ian Eagle Charles Davis or dear friend and Evan Washburn on the call. Greg was that the Patriots or was that the Jets?
Speaker 2: It was both. That was the best Jets game.
Speaker 1: It was a short week Thursday night football, But most importantly it was Aaron Rodgers showing that he can be Aaron Rodgers and that the Jets defense. I'll bring up the defense first. I think can be flexible, Like maybe they don't have the peer pass rushers that they need to beat the top level competition. But in the last two weeks you've actually seen Robert Sala, who kind of runs what he runs usually get very creative, show very different fronts against the Tennessee where they only had a couple of linemen and then they're doing all sorts off and then blitz like crazy against the Patriots, and you know what, it worked like he can mix it up. You have an outstanding secondary. Maybe you don't have TJ. Moseley at linebacker this week. We'll have to go see. But you have a lot that you like.
Speaker 2: Going up against BONICKX.
Speaker 5: Seven and a half is too small for this one. Okay, I'm I'm gonna wowa peel the layer back had a conversation with Sala this summer or the spring, I should say they're still they're still feeling though. Sean Payton remarks, spot Nathaniel Hackett. Remember, oh, even though the Jets got that, even though the Jets beat him last year, Aaron Rodgers didn't get to play. Remember keep my coach's name out of your mouth, Aaron Rodgers. He gets to play in this one. So if you, hey, they made Nate Nate Hackett might be like, hey, Aaron taking knee right here, We're up twelve. Aaron's gonna be like check can can right, going to play too, and he sent a Garrett Wilson on the on the bus you canna get past Pats or Tan. I think if the Jets have an opportunity, they are going to exercise tail whipping in this one.
Speaker 1: So Sala's talking about this matchup back in July.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's still a little bitter takes. There's still a little bitter taste. Hey, they're gonna try extra hard.
Speaker 4: Glad Glad that that that's carried on throughout a couple of seasons. Now I'm just Patrick tretan this this this season, Mike Evans, George Pickens, DK Metcalf, he kind of they kind of all got certained. And so now what we've seen in the past couple of weeks like much too. You know, which has been a problem for Garrett Wilson fantasy managers is it doesn't have to be all Garrett Wilson like it was for substantial points of last season. Rogers can spread the ball around and so like the biggest issue that the Broncos will will bring in, which is certain con becomes a non issue. The way that the Rogers and getting the ball out of his hand are pretty quickly, And we're gonna have to figure out if that was a one week blip or if if bo Nicks in this offense are just this unders unstoppable.
Speaker 5: Non non touchdown throwing bow knicks in this offense.
Speaker 3: He came very close, though, he came very close.
Speaker 4: I think Courtland Sutton was down at like the three foot line and he.
Speaker 1: Hit a couple of throws down the field in the very first drive. After that, they let him work underneath. They got it done. They're a very interesting matchup. They've been blitzing like crazy more than any team in the league. They will probably do that to Aaron Rodgers. We'll see how he does. He fared well against pressure last week. I thought that was one of the most noteworthy performances of the young season. Just Rogers making plays outside the pocket. Yeah, he looked at and looking like the old Rogers. And to your point, Patrick, that the secondary guys and by that I mean the other weapons, you know, Lazard and Conklin. How Braylen Allen might be a better like it down and down running back than Brece Hall. Breeshall is more explosive. But I just mean, like he can be consistent and maybe make brees Hall better by not having to give him twenty five.
Speaker 3: That's a hell of accommodation.
Speaker 5: Remember, they're not going to have Morgan MoES just to right tackle this game, so that's something to look out for. But the fact that they're running the ball and they've got two running backs who can break tackles and hit you know, some big chunk plays with their speed and shiftiness, I think that's something that's you know, going to allow them to beat that.
Speaker 3: Spread, right.
Speaker 1: I trust I trust Rogers against these crazy defenses like that was it like against New England. He knew what they were doing when, whether they were in zone, whether they're in man, whether they're moving before the step. He's like, man, that dude was like a coach out there, knowing what they're going to do. So I think he could probably handle the splits. The Broncos, I did want to mention, will be without their leading tackler one of their better defensive players, Alex Singleton, is out for the season with a torn acl came as a big surprise to the Broncos and the team. He got hurt in the first quarter last week, played the entire game with a torn acl complained of knees soreness after the game or I think even on Monday, and then it turned.
Speaker 2: Out, Yeah, he's out for the years. So that's a tough loss.
Speaker 3: These guys are tough, dude, tough loss. Different. Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's brutal, and it's tough to even imagine not just playing but finishing the game going through.
Speaker 2: Fifty he didn't miss a snap, not even one.
Speaker 3: That's that's bananas. Bananas.
Speaker 4: Also bananas was the performance from the Jacksonville Jaguars are Monday Night Football. Thankfully everybody had a second viewing option on that one. They are going on the road after getting blown out on the road in Buffalo to the division rival Houston Texans, who are a seven point favorite. But who's Steve also had a struggle fest performance against Brian Flores's defense.
Speaker 3: What else is new? Everybody's doing? Right? How do they bounce back here in this one?
Speaker 5: Steve, I have to tell you, first off, the seven points, I don't know, it seems a little why just because division game, well a division game. The Jags have won the last two times they've played in Houston. But the thing is, you know, as much as we like to say every game players are motivated, nothing means more. This is a very fragile time for the Jags. The next two weeks, Houston and then the Colts. They have got to win these two games because then they go to London and where they play the Bears and Patriots. Okay, we'll see what happens here. Then they come back against the Packers, Eagles, Vikings Alliance. If they don't get some momentum going right now, that stretch post London is going to be a glee that's resume updating time.
Speaker 3: So I think this is one Houston is they got. They got embarrassed last week.
Speaker 5: I mean, they played terrible on offense, their defense got dragged just things that we hadn't seen. I mean, they got completely carved up. So I expect Houston to play better. But this is one where the Jaguars, if they don't play their best game, they're in trouble and they're gonna be out there leading Tacker Foyer, Luacun the inside linebacker, and the way that defense just got out schemed Monday night, I mean Josh Allen found every one on one matchup in the intermediate passing game to gash them. If they don't tighten some things up, it's gonna get real hot for a lot of folks down there in Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: They look like a poorly coach team. Yes, I'm just talking about on offense. I mean a bad defensive performance. The first couple of weeks, we're solid. It's a new coordinator. I don't think they're very talented, and they're down their top three cornerbacks potentially for this week. They were last week once that game started and they had another injury in the back. So you're just not fighting with a full deck. You're expecting your offense to at least keep you in games. And that's where I think they haven't looked like a well coached team because players aren't in the right spot. Guys aren't making blocks that they're supposed to make, there's formation penalties, there's confusion, and Trevor's not making it better either. He's not playing well. He's kind of playing down to the competition, and so that's a tough spot. I know they beat Tamiko Ryans and the Texans last year in Houston, but they split. Both games were closed it's a division game. You would expect that on some level. It's tough. This team has no identity. I think it's a tough spot. So I always actually think it's almost a worse spot. When you're going up against team that just lost, like a good team, like, it always freshens you up a little bit. I feel like the Texans will be on there. He's in cues for this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The reason for concern would I mean, the reason for optimism for Jacksonville would just be the familiarity. Yeah, other than that, the play calling is not in syanc. In the beginning of the season, there were questions to Doug Peterson whether he or press so who's actually making the calls, like who's putting the game plan together? As the season goes on and we've come up to a situation where the Jags have the second deepest route depth in the league right now. They got Gabe Davis and BTJ running these deep routes. Yeah, Trevor's not being protected. He's negative eleven and completion percentage above expectation when they don't run reaction and so it's just all of these combinations.
Speaker 1: It's kind of funny though, because that was the thing everyone got on them a year ago. It's like, this is a dank and dunk offense, and then okay, let's get two burners. Let's like listen to the criticism almost and overreact the other way and just like make it a bombs away offense. And they've over corrected too much and they look like a team that don't know who they are.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I do want to just say something about the texanstuff I've been I'm into this team. I like him. Offensive No, they're gonna be great. I think they're one of the AFC offensively.
Speaker 2: CJ.
Speaker 1: Stroud Like there's something like they're not in sync with their offense. He's playing well, but they're not consistently making plays. Success rate is as a stat that measures just on a play debate play basis, were you successful. He is thirty second out of thirty five quarterbacks this year now, and a lot of other metrics and eye tests like PFF is more about the great day to day great or play to play great. He's doing well, QBR he's great, Like he's playing well, but the passing game is just relying on like great plays. But then there's a lot of mistakes there's a lot of penalties, there's some miscommunicate. Offensive line guys are good. There's a lot of negative plays, a lot of sacks, a lot of interceptions, a lot of negative runs. So they they're kind of like this boomer Bus offense. I think they're gonna get it together. This is about early in the season. But it's just interesting because they had a lot of continuity. I wouldn't have expected them to be so uneven to start.
Speaker 5: Once they get mixing back and pierced back. You know, both their starting running backs have been out. That changes things. Okay, it changes your protections and things like that. How you do it? How are teams adjusting? Just Stefon Diggs right now, they're gonna have to start shifting their attention to Nico Collins. That's going to open up some other things as well. But you're right, some of the negative players are having. Laramie Tuntal has had I think a decent amount of penalties here at left tackle. They will tighten that up. I wouldn't be surprised if they tightened in a big time this week. No with at stake, but yeah, I mean preseason's over, right, we can get through all that stuff now where we say the first three or four games in the preseason, for these guys, it's over.
Speaker 3: It's real now.
Speaker 4: And it's also it's difficult to get healthier playing football. Sometimes the people forget because Tank Dell had that broken leg right last season, working his way back, actually got shot in an incident. Yeah, in the off season, but those these things take time. Unfortunately, the season is kind of coalescing with that. But if he's able to get kind of closer back to where he was last year than I think the worries are.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think this is the week they get healthy.
Speaker 1: Those matchup problems for yeah, the Jaguars on the outside.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: We'll be back on NFL Daily to crank through this week for Slate. It's it's kind of like a show me week for a couple of teams.
Speaker 2: I'm just confused about. Get to that in a bit.
Speaker 1: Back on NFL Daily. Excited to talk about the second Monday night game. We got Gino in primetime.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's primetime Gino and Geno Smith and the Seattle Seahawks visiting the Detroit Lions, who are a four point favorite at home. The over under is forty six and a half. And if you go all the way back to twenty two and me two, every single time these two teams have played, that would not even be close to enough. It was fifty one to twenty nine, and twenty it was forty five to forty eight in the second time they played, and then last year it was thirty seven to thirty one in overtime. Craig, whenever you get Gino and Jared Golf linked up, it's gonna be points.
Speaker 1: It's been the games that I've enjoyed Among the games, I've enjoyed Gena the most watching him carve up this Lions defense. But it's a better Lions defense this year. They're great stopping the run, and so I don't think Seattle is gonna even try that hard to run because they have really struggled to open up holes. And against Miami last week, they didn't look right for most of the game trying to run the ball, And so I think they look at this man coverage that Detroit likes to play and they say, bet, you know, like all right, Carlton Davis, like go try, Terry and Arnold go try like we got Jackson Smith and jig. But we got dk Metcalff running choice routes like fifty yards down the field. Whoever heard such a thing, And you got Tyler Lockett, And that's just the way they're going to have to win. I know the line isn't playing that well, but I think Geno and his receivers can make up for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look the four points here.
Speaker 5: I think that's that's probably about right, because I think that Detroit has the ability to mix it up right here, right because you because again one thing, the one thing that that that Seattle has to say, you got so much speed in the secondary, right, so they can run, you know, with some of Detroit's wide receivers. So I think you're gonna see a lot of run game. Dave Montgomery, Jamiir Gibbs are gonna mix it up, and then they're gonna take some shot plays they've got. You can't play all the undernease stuff with Jered Goff all the time. So I like Detroit in this one at home. This is gonna be another shootout. I'm patrick one hundred percent with you that that forty six point five, Yeah, that's that's not gonna be up.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be another offensive dandy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, forty six point five is in severe danger. I do think in terms of the historical matchup, we're not gonna get the numbers that we have seen in the past because I believe both of these defenses, despite the injuries that Seattle has dealt with, are better, uh, And things are gonna get a little bit better for both defenses.
Speaker 3: But it's still gonna It's still gonna be a lot of points.
Speaker 4: We're still gonna be see points uh in this game, especially considering the style and the matchup where I love Tareik Woolland, but particularly with i'man Ross, Saint Brown and Jamo. It seems like if you're gonna put high weight speed guys out there to deal with Treik Woolland, you would have those guys to be able.
Speaker 2: To see Jamo Tarik Willand would be like quite a.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of talented, it's a lot of speed. Yeah, that's for you're gonna I think. And to that point, I think you're gonna see something where the lines. You're gonna try to get Weatherspoon on Saint Brown, even though they don't do a ton of man, but they're gonna try and do things because Saint Brown is more the intermediate guy to to keep things underneath.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: These offensive coordinators are gonna be scheming some stuff up. I think in the short to intermediate pass game with the occasional shot played, I don't think there's gonna be a ton of them.
Speaker 4: And so something that has kind of bolstered the way we feel about the Lions defense is they're not necessarily getting that many pressures, but they are converting those pressures into sex and so there's something where you look at the you look at the sack numbers, it's like, oh, yeah, Ayden Hutchson had those five, Like the Lions are putting a lot of guys on the dirt, But how often are they getting consistent pressure, which is something because you know, take a side, Yeah, but if you're not getting consistent pressure, you're gonna get those bombs like we saw last week.
Speaker 1: This is a bad Seattle offensive line. Like Charles Cross is playing great at left tackle. The people that are smarter than me are saying this guy could be an All Pro now that that's how well he's playing. But on the interior right like the rest of the group's not good. But this line, I actually don't know. Yeah, I'm with you that I don't know if it's going to be a shootout, because, first of all, this is what I was talking about before went to break, like, this is a test for Seattle's defense. On paper, this has been the best defense in the league, just about them and the Vikings. But they've played you know, bo Nicks, right, they played Jacoby Brissett, and they played Skylar Tom and Tim Boyle, and that's not their fault. They did what great defenses should do. They dominated for the most part. But this is a much bigger test. The Detroit running game will test you the passes over the middle. In terms of the Seattle linebackers, they can test you there. But it's also to me a test a little bit of for this Lions offense. I've been banging this this drum the last few weeks, just like they're running the ball great and that they have a great offensive line, and so that what a foundation to start with. But they're not quite where they've been the last couple of years. They are thirteenth overall in DVOA efficiency as an offense, twentieth in passing. You saw it in the game last week with the Cardinals, they just got they didn't score in the second half. That was a weird game where every time they got the ball, you think, okay, they'll put the game away here. It just never happened, like they couldn't they couldn't score now, and I know they had a good first half, so it's not like they're terrible, but that would never happen last year. So it's kind of a show me something for both these you and it's Seattle defense, Lions offense very intriguing.
Speaker 5: And this is where okay, now we have two years of tape on Ben Johnson, right, that's where I think, Okay, if they come out in three tight this is.
Speaker 3: What they like to do.
Speaker 5: Before they could trick you with some of those formations where they would spread it out on third nine and then run it. Right now, teams are like, okay, we've got personnel now to match up a little bit more of what they like to do offensively. So it could be that it could be just they just haven't hit their groove. This is just gonna be I'm you guys are both saying those points. I think this is gonna be another burner g.
Speaker 2: You know, in prime time.
Speaker 1: Remember that Cowboys gave me out last year. He has been on fire. Just one small note if you're a Hard Knocks fan, Rodrigo, he's a starter now.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: Derek Barnes is hurt, he's out for a little while. Malcolm Rodriguez is playing every down.
Speaker 3: There it does there he is Rodrigo.
Speaker 4: Last time Marke McDonald saw Jared Goff, it was thirty eight to six, by the way, and they Ravens blow out of the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 3: Oh good cost here.
Speaker 1: I think that that game, than any game, might have got him that job.
Speaker 2: It might have got him a job.
Speaker 3: Let's go to our next game.
Speaker 4: It is the defeated as of thus far in the season, Cincinnati Bengals, who are a three and a half point favorite Greg Rosenthal at Andy Dalton's Carolina Panthers the over one hundred and forty seven. And I have the Panthers not favorite it in the revenge game.
Speaker 1: Well no, and I've actually I noticed that that number is going down during the week, so people are in on the Panthers. I don't know about that. Because this Bengals offense looks good. Can they really be this bad defensively?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Again, it is Dalton, and there is something about him playing the Bengals in him basically digging dirt on their entire season that is delicious. I'm excited for this game just because if Dalton did that, and I'm like, oh, Dalton must have played the Bengals before and from our research department. Yeah, this is actually the fourth team that he's played against the Bengals with.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 3: I think every team, I think every.
Speaker 2: Tea's two and one, by the way, and I think last.
Speaker 5: Week and every team he previously played for lost except for the Panthers.
Speaker 3: No, this is this is the week the Bengals get right. Guys.
Speaker 5: Remember Adam Feeling is now down. One of the Red Rifles targets favorite target is not playing in this game. Uh, Joe Burrow on this offense, look fine, they look find me the run game, everything looked fine.
Speaker 3: It's the defense.
Speaker 5: I was stunned at how easily that lou Anarumo's defense, which is so good at making halftime with justice, was manipulated. Cam Taylor britt right there. They're gonna keep his butt quiet this week. He got roasted twice after popping off, so you know, Trent Scott though, keep an eye on him. Well whoever's Washington this week? Uh, but I their their defense seems undisciplined. I'm surprised. We know they still have some issues. They have to work out the secondary, but up front, yeah.
Speaker 2: They don't have much. It's Trey Hendrickson and that's it.
Speaker 3: Sam Hubbard is Sam Hubbard's.
Speaker 1: Not playing well and they delivered their short on defensive tackles. It's a bad Their run defense looks lost, So this could be a Chub of Hubbard game.
Speaker 4: It's one of those scary moments where you laud the veteran defense and how well they've played, and now you're watching through the first three weeks in the season. Did everybody get old all at the same time. That's the dangerous territory that we're in, considering the way that they looked on Monday night. But I'm there's nothing wrong. I know there's been some ludicrous conversation about Joe Burrow in the offense. Come on, there's nothing more that they could have done other than Evan McPherson making a field goal.
Speaker 1: There's really a little better in the red zone. Maybe call some more runs in the reds or have more effective runs in the red zone. The ones they caused weren't working, but they had to be perfect, yeah, point.
Speaker 4: They had to be absolutely perfect. And I think t Higgins is going to get better. It was clearly some rust. He comes up short on I think two plays right within the the end zone. And so yeah, Jamar Chase is back. Everybody's gonna get healthy taking deep shots against the Washington Commanders. And I don't think that this one week boost for the Carolina Panthers, Like we're to the point now where we're talking about Adam Thelen's injury, Like that's how much better things are, because we would have previously just said, hey, it's the Carolina Panthers, Like well he's saying it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you think they're gonna win the Panthers, No, no, no, I mean yeah. Theeling, by the way, is uninjured reserve he's gonna have because of a hamstring injury. And then Trent Brown, we haven't mentioned it on NFL Daily, is out for the season, very unfortunate, a torn patel attendant. So they'll have their first round pick, Amarius Mims takeover at right tackle, which is a good position to be in to have a first round pick there, but he struggled, yes, in the brief time he was out there.
Speaker 2: So that's that's something to watch.
Speaker 1: And it's one of the reasons that you sometimes the losing teams are more intriguing for some of these games because if we get to the Witching Hour and Scott Hansen's voice is rising on Sunday and he's talking about the Red Rifles got the ball with the chance to go win the game, to put the Panthers in a tie for first in the NFC South and basically end the Bengals season. Those are some September stakes there, Patrick like that, that's some real stuff and.
Speaker 3: We could get there.
Speaker 4: And the only thing really keeping that from happening, what would be this Carolina Panthers see for them where it's it's it's been a struggle and we we still got to figure out how much of that because it takes it takes an entire unit to be as bad as the Las Vegas Raiders were. I guess the Panthers last week. So was that a zero? Was that the defense was that the Raiders? This is something for us to figure out, but it will be the revenge opportunity. I will be very, very exciting, not as exciting as things will be for the scoreboard operator at State Farms State where the over under is fifty and a half points.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's enough.
Speaker 4: Washington Commander's coming off of the best rookie performance that I've seen. My god, I think on Monday Night football for Jade Daniels against the Arizona Cardinals, who are putting all kinds of points on the board. Steve, the Commander's defense can't stop anybody points points, points, points points.
Speaker 5: It's it's funny, you know. I talked to someone with the commanders this week and it was like, yeah, so our DBS man, you know, And and it's true. I mean, you had you had the rookie Mike Saint Russell, who's been a slot corners whole off outside because they're just trying to figure he got beat on a deep play, really good player, but he's small, and you know, for him, I just don't know. Marvin Harrison, man, he might really go extra.
Speaker 2: Ham okay, and he's been a little inefficient.
Speaker 1: Now you're talking a guy from Washington and he's complaining about the DBS. Aren't they sky high that they found a franchise quarterback.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I mean, look, it's one of these things like, Okay, we won the ball game, but when we look at the big picture, he's not gonna deal like that every week. Like at some point the defense is going to have to bail out. And you know, their defense are just just trying to find their way. They're trying to find some groupings.
Speaker 3: And things like this.
Speaker 5: But let's you know what we talk about Jayden Daniels. I mean, Patrick, do you see him not granted he might not be able to throw for a game like this, but I don't see him slowing down.
Speaker 3: This is that's a type of performance.
Speaker 5: I think he's going to continue in this offense, will continue to build on especially since Cliff Kingsbury is going back to Arizona. Oh yeah, because Cliff was in his bag. I have not seen him call a game as aggressively.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what he called the throw a generational throw into a tight window like that a great receiver, it's going to catch play.
Speaker 2: Let's not get too much credit.
Speaker 4: Well also in taking the way credit for Cliff on that play, it was Terry McLaurin that called that play. After the game, Terry said he went over to Cliff and asked for the.
Speaker 3: Double move over at least for a couple I'm not I.
Speaker 4: Mean all due respect because during the game, I'm like, hey, all do apologies to Cliff Kingsbury. I wasn't familiar with your game. I don't know how many that was Cliff and how much of that was his players with suggestions. But we just haven't seen Terry McLaurin over on that right side a whole bunch. Now, what a time to come up with a debut for it. And really, Jane only missed two passes in the game. The other one was a wide open shot to Terry that he would have made in his sleep. I don't know what happened is one of those things. Because he completed the ninety one percent of his passes, everybody's oh, he can't throw. He didn't miss pass the rest of the game after that, But there's who knows what can happen if the if the airs on the Cardinals cannot get pressure in and around Jane and Daniels like the Cincinnati Bengals did, I'm gonna then they're gonna score it for time again.
Speaker 2: Right, it's been two weeks. I mean the stats are crazy.
Speaker 1: The Commanders are first in the league in plays and yards per drive on offense, and they're dead last in the league and plays in yards for I have on defense, So like they are a walking forty burger. And I did want to throw something by you when it comes to Jane Daniels, because I do think this can continue. Not at that level, but I think he's going to be really efficient and smart. How they use him in the running game and when he scrambles it's so effective, and that he'll have enough big shots, big plays to compliment all the dinking and dunking that they like to do. Let's take a look at Jayden Daniels if you're watching on YouTube the All twenty two version, the end zone angle and the shot that he took on that throw to Terry McLaurin to win the game. I propose to you guys, last week, in terms of throw of the year, a candidate to possibly pass Anthony Richardson that was Kyler Murray.
Speaker 2: We stuck with Richardson.
Speaker 1: Now I'm personally willing to consider the game situation and the moment and the throw and the play that that essential game winner from Jaden Daniels before taking the hit knowing that the blitz is coming. Is now the throw of the year. What are you guys think I'm gonna throw it to the crew. So it's either this or it's Anthony Richardson the bomb from week one that would have the belt.
Speaker 5: Currently, Yeah, Richard's Richard's got the spectacular play. But I mean this was, like you said, the moment, the circumstances, this this, this broke the back and look at the corner right, he sees Hilt, he knows Hilton's count blam, let's it rip.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, we know McLaurin may have called the play, but you.
Speaker 5: Got the sideline as a defender and the corner trail on him and he just dropped it right in the bucket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's the security guy in the blue shirt standing like six feet away from Terry McLaurin. If you put me right there and gave him the football, I could not have thrown the ball where Jayden Daniels did getting smashed. I felt like the only time he was hit as he threw the entire game. I will say that Jaden Daniels had the better play, uh, the the decision, the circumstances, but in terms of throwing the football. It's it's gonna be tough for me to say if we're purely talking about interpretation.
Speaker 1: So either way, So yes, you're going Richardson. I think you're the deciding vote here, Steve, I don't even know.
Speaker 5: Okay, my thing is the spectacular goes to Richardson. I mean talk about the throw of the year.
Speaker 1: He retains about he retains THEO. By the way, the Cardinals defense not something we talk about a lot. They've been okay this year. Yeah, I mentioned the Lions.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 2: I thought they were gonna be a little overmatch.
Speaker 1: I know Kyler had a bad game last week. I expect their offense to bounce back. If their defense can be okay, they can be in the mix for a while. I think they could bounce back here.
Speaker 3: I like them.
Speaker 1: I like them to win this game. If I if I had to choose one, O the Cliff cliff Is Cardinals fans. Though Cliff is good in September, Cliff does create a running game like that's the one thing that you can say he has a running game that travels.
Speaker 2: This is a really fun game.
Speaker 6: Well, he gets his quarterbacks hit like that. Ain't the last time, Jane's gonna take a shot and I don't want to hear revenge game. He's his contract is only in year two. The contract that he got from the Cardinals is only entering year two, like it didn't start until after they fired him, or maybe it's year three now, but the contract extension they gave him did not start until after they fired a year after they fired him, So he's still making money from that.
Speaker 4: He's coaching. He's coaching for free. No offset the revenge game. There is Kyler Murray against the true of Kingsbury. Good go all right, So here's what.
Speaker 3: Tom it is. Guys.
Speaker 4: It's time for the Sneaky good Game of the Week, presented by Draft kings Sportsbook. A two and a half point home favorite Chicago Bears going up against the Los Angeles Rams.
Speaker 3: The over under Steve is forty one.
Speaker 4: That the Rams or Matthew Stafford too too at well and some duct tape and band aids salvage a win in so far last week, but they're not favorites against since this good Bears defense.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. It's because the Bears defense.
Speaker 5: You know, you see some of the injuries that the Rams have on the offensive line. The fact that the Bears do have a good secondary and the Rams are just spreading it to whomever. I mean, Afford was unbelievable in the second half of that game. And I guess maybe they're looking at the Rams defense saying that they can't get pressure on Caleb. All I saw every play when Rock Perdy, who had a good game, had the ball, was Jared Verse walking the left tackle back into the Latin.
Speaker 3: Now, this is where the Rams won the game.
Speaker 5: Special team SA if you're Smith fam you you know they had the fake punt. They had very good special teams play and then you know Stafford again they got the benefit of this call here sets up the field goal. But I guess when you look at the points as Chicago's the favorite, you're just saying they still aren't going to have problems getting into the end zone against this defense. But I don't know, man, I think when I see Jared Vers and Braden Fisk, they're going to be able to put pressure on Caleb.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you brought that up because I think that is a silver lining for this Rams season so far, that I do think they hit on those first Yes, that they're both going to be really good players and how good we'll find out they're already going to be plus players and they could be special. I think Caleb just has to cut out the negative plays. A lot of miscommunications again where him and the receivers not on the same page, turnovers, turnover where he plays, sacks, all that stuff. But the big plays were back last week. He did make some really impressive throws in this Rams defense has struggled now they needed a matchup like this again. I keep talking about week four. Sometimes what you think about a team has a lot to do with the schedule. The Rams defense has played the Lions, Cardinals forty nine ers offenses back to back to back, and they've been totally overmatched, especially in the secondary. So Keenan Allen is expected to return in this game. He was limited at practice on Wednesday, but it's trending positive. That's a big mismatch against the Rams secondary. But the Rams might be saying, hey, here's an offense we can actually maybe handle for ones. Keep it close, and I tend to trust when push comes to shove. I think quarterbacks, and I think coaching staffs, I think organizations, and the Rams have it all over the Bears in those categories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially considering the just how difficult things have been on offense, especially protecting Caleb Williams early on this season the benefit of the for the Chicago Bears, there's been four different players that have got at least twenty different pass blocking snaps for the Rams at the left tacklefish this season, it's kind of been a turnstile over there.
Speaker 1: Although now you know Alec Jackson who came off suspension, but he struggled last week.
Speaker 2: He might not be a world beater either. He struggled.
Speaker 1: So even the guys they have out there that they know haven Stein is at right tackle like they had benched him the other guys, you know, we'll see.
Speaker 5: Well and you see that that the nine had flipped Bosh over to the right side too, So Alerc Jackson is going up against Bosha. Let me ask you this though, when it comes to the Bears, right, I think a lot of us we're thinking, if they've got the number one pick and they're taking Caleb Williams, why are they hanging on to Maddyberfluss and was supposed to be the last year of his deal, Because if this doesn't work out, now Caleb's in that situation.
Speaker 3: Like Trevor was right, we'll all daftin fields like.
Speaker 5: Justin fields where you're flipping coaches, And do you think that conversation if they lose or if this offense continues to look scattered when you have Caleb throwing at fifty two times and after the game he's like, I threw it fifty two times, do you think this is something that once again is going to put wash Rent Repete on the Bears organization.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean it's it's unfortunate, and that was the risk. I think once once the ball started rolling downhill last year and they kept winning at the end of the year, it just was taken as a FATA complay that they're going to keep them because they've finished the season hot. And sometimes it doesn't continue that way. It's a long way to go, but they need to defense has been fine, it has his side of the ball hasn't been the problem. But they got to fix the offense. They got to get DeAndre Swift going. They got to get a running game to help Caleb Williams out. DeAndre Swift is averaging under two yards per carry him and that that's hard to believe.
Speaker 5: Think about this game. Bearish play caller was whose right hand man two years ago.
Speaker 7: Good callan Shane Waldron in some heat because there was a question to Matt eueber Flews because they have Taekwon Lewis down there in a blocking situation with the defensive end, got mauled and then they ran that speed option the next play, which is one of the worst play that we've seen all week.
Speaker 4: The coach is answering questions about the play caller. They're not able to score points. I got the number one overall pick. We're in dangers over Shane.
Speaker 1: Shane is missing life with Gino Smith. He didn't know how good he had it. And it's not a revenge game for him though Sean McVay got helped to get him a job just by association.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break and uh a little over halfway through here, we got.
Speaker 1: Some of the best games of the week in our next block, including maybe my favorite.
Speaker 2: Game of the year so far, Ravens and Bills. That's coming up.
Speaker 8: Download the Draftking Sportsbook app now and use the code daily. New customers can bet just five bucks to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets only on Draftking Sportsbook with Code Daily. The crown is yours back.
Speaker 3: On NFL Daily.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady's out of jail no longer asked to commentate on Dallas Cowboy with slowouts, although they made it interesting. I was actually happy for Tom that he had a fun and fourth quarter at the end.
Speaker 2: But no, he's heading to Tampa.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The broadcast wilded into existence when they showed a fan that was obviously a plant wearing a twenty eight to three T shirt at the Cowboys Ravens game.
Speaker 2: Wait, really, I missed that.
Speaker 4: It was coming back from breaking there's this guy in a twenty eight three T shirt. It's like, all right, who'd y'all put that shirt on? I'm calling I'm throwing a flag on that. But yeah, Tom Brady will be in the stands and a lot of us be watching as the Philadelphia Eagles are two and a half point favorites at the Tampa Bay Bunkers, who just lost to the Broncos. These two teams have playoff history. Jalen hurts two to one against the Buccaneers in his career, I mean one and two against the Buccaneers in his career in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: But this is the regular season. Greg, They've got a whole lot of injuries.
Speaker 4: Don't know if it's aj Brown advante Smith, it may just be Saquon and Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 3: Not enough.
Speaker 1: Maybe because this Bucks defense isn't what they've been in previous years. You think Todd Bowles defense, you think, oh, well, there's some of the best run defenses of all time. Literally, yeah and great every year. This year they really struggle on the ground. Part of that is Vidavea has been banged up, was back at practice on Wednesday. They also get Luke Getiki, their right tackle, back at practice on Wednesday, which are really positive because if you watched that Bucks game last week, they couldn't stop the run consistently enough and they really couldn't protect Baker Mayfield, so that would be big for them. Yeah, this is another like what's real about this team? Eagles get pushed around for two weeks, then suddenly they show up in New Orleans and they're wrecking shop against this great running game like set in the edge, playing really fierce, and then what's real about Baker? Because you know not to yeah, celebrate here, Patrick, but you're talking MVP. Last week for Baker, I'm like, let's calm down, and he played one of his worst games as a buccaneer. I thought he kind of was the problem last week for the Bucks. It was a lot of old Baker stuff of leaving the pocket early, just missing some throws, some crazy decisions, and then it kind of collapsed on him in the second half. But the first half it was actually I think a lot of it was on Baker. I was surprised to see that because he had been really consistent throughout the course of the end of last season and certainly to start this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we see the.
Speaker 5: Eagles, you know, their two and a half point favorites. I like the number. I like the Bucks to beat the number. I just think that, you know, Tampa, if they get Vita Via back right, it's going to help out in the run defense. But you know, you look at the Bucks secondary. I don't know if Winfield's going to be back yet.
Speaker 1: He is only running like on the side at practice, so it sounds like he's at least a week away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just you know, the the Eagles offensive line is good, They're gonna have to run it. I mean, they had they they looked very good defensively against the Saints. Right, they're able to stop that outside zone and Saints didn't have a left hand so to speak of where they could go, but they didn't score. I mean, they had fifteen points right against a pretty good defense. So I just think I think the Bucks at home in this one, I Philadelphia just doesn't seem like the type of team to me that's gonna also and rip off three or fourth to three games.
Speaker 3: Yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mentioned that the Bucks hurts matchups in the past. Patrick, which I think is for Eagles fans, is like a big part of this game that he's had the two most embarrassing moments of his career against Todd Bowles's defense. So do you think this is a different Hurts. Maybe they've been good against the Blitz.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, they've been much better against the Blitz. And we saw last year they had no answers. They had absolutely no answers against the defense against the Blitz. And now Kellen Moore comes in. There are some questions about like Nick Sirianni saying that he's gonna step in and call some plays in some situations that eyes kind of popped out reading that this week.
Speaker 1: Well, well you talked about the fourth he was talking about that fourth down decision. I wonder if he was just like, was he just taking the bullet for Kellen Moore and trying to be like a good Hey, there's something maybe I don't know that'd be a cool guy move.
Speaker 4: Like shout out to Nick Sirianni. If that's you know, we'd have to wait for a book after his career or something, you know, if things go the other way. But it's gonna a lot, it's gonna depend on the statuses.
Speaker 3: Like A. J.
Speaker 4: Brown and Devonte Smith or so much of this passing game, they're both there.
Speaker 3: I'm picking the Eagles regardless.
Speaker 1: So they were both out of practice. That generally a guy coming off a concussion who misses practice entirely on Wednesday, that that's not a good sign for them, and you just you don't know for sure, but both him and Lane Johnson. And Johnson, you know, I'm a little worried about longer term because of some history that he's had with concussions and saying how it's really affected him in his mental health. So those are two situations. They were both out of practice.
Speaker 3: A J.
Speaker 2: Brown was also out of practice. I think this was kind.
Speaker 1: Of the week where maybe he could come back and maybe not if it was it was next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean again, that's a lot of talent. That's a lot. That's a lot of talent, you know.
Speaker 5: And again with concussion protocols, just you see different guys handle different ways. Some guys maybe out on Wednesday, Thursday, they're back Friday, they pass all the protocols and they have a full practice.
Speaker 3: Good gotcha. So that's just something you know, you really have to keep an eye on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Davante played every single snap, which is not out of the question before he got hurt in Week three. But in the game against the Science, he's always out on the field. He is always a big part of that passing game.
Speaker 2: But I do want to make one note here about the Bucks.
Speaker 1: I just want to give some pop to Zion McCollum and Tyke Smith. I feel they're not getting mentioned on a lot of Zion McCollum playing his ass off in the secondary, Todd Bowles can coach him up, and Tikey Smith, who's like I think he's a rookie nickel. He's playing pretty well too. So they got some young players to keep an eye on.
Speaker 4: Well, Collum has more passes defended than he does completions.
Speaker 3: Whoa right now he's at that's a pop? That's a pop?
Speaker 4: Or Zion McCollums Z Why oh, by the way, good shot by Greg Rosen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big time.
Speaker 4: What about a big matchup in the NFC North at lambeau Field where the Packers, the loveless question mark Green Bay Packers we'll find out are two and a half point favorites against Sam Darnold. Get those bees buzzing in my ear and the Minnesota Vikings on over under of forty three point five.
Speaker 1: There they go, Greg the high They're they're attacking me, They're coming at me. This is another test room. But he's had tests and they passed them all. I mean, the Packers defense is playing better lately. Their defensive line now is against the Colts and and the Titans, but they've been getting after kind of a more than the sum of their parts type of group where Rashaun Gary is great, Preston Smith is solid, but just they're getting production from a lot of different guys and so that'll be a challenge for them.
Speaker 2: We'll see JJ though he's just crazy man.
Speaker 1: And he's gonna go against JayR Alexander this week, who's kind of back to being the old Gyr examder having a good year. He beats, he gets, he doesn't just beat double teams like he gets open to the point where like Sam Donald's like, oh he's open even though there's a double team.
Speaker 2: I'll throw it to him.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter. It's crazy, he's he is so elite. He is, he is so really, I think it's interesting. Is this a third consecutive game where Brian Flora is a Vikings defensive coordinator, is coaching against either a Shanahan or a McVeigh disciple. Right, so they've got some of the staples defensively against the scheme on what works now Malik Willis and Jordan Love. That's very different, right, Yes, he hadn't coach. He gets a running quarterback, right, so that's something. But I even Paige could be back an inside linebacker for the Vikings this week. That could be getting healthier. Looking at somebody. I just think the Vikings defense, I mean what they did. I mean to go out there and kick Houston's ass the way it did with Jonathan Grenard and Andrew van Ginkel. How great of assignings that Flores had him in Miami gets him up to Minnesota has already got three sacks. A ton of pressures sets the edge, which is key.
Speaker 3: In the scheme. I don't know.
Speaker 5: This is where I think of Malik Willis actually gives Green Bay an edge.
Speaker 3: Patrick. I'm one hundred percent with you, Steve.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine the situation where you have a guy with an MCL spring that has to get on an international flight and come back. We saw him kind of hobble out in practice and throw a few passes last week. And now we're playing a defense that's getting pressure on thirty five percent of dropbacks and is converting eleven percent of those to sex right their top three in that particular step. Pressures coming from every which way, you're having to keep your head on the swivel constantly. Why am I gonna send my two hundred million dollar quarterback fresh off like he's explaining that he's getting better. I don't want to hear that you're getting better. Like we have a season to think about here. Why not mix things up? Because as you know, you guys have mentioned, this offense has proliferated its way literally from sea to shining Sea in the NFL. Brian Flores has it, he's got it, he's got the players. Why not do something different. He was commenting about the way that Matt Lafleur has gone from West coast to run in this countertrait power like the bib of offense, like flora' Floraes wants Jordan Love to play this game like the do the right thing.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a bold statement. So you think they'd have a better chance to win with with Willis?
Speaker 3: Then then would Jordan Love limping around?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't know if he's gonna leave a limping out. So he was at practice on Wednesday. He did more and more practice last week. He said he was very close to playing. Yeah, last week, which would and to make you think he's playing this week. They also had him speak to the media. He was in good spirits, usually a sign that he's playing. And Patrick, you think, you think they should caution here and think about the long term and just benjam in a week even if he seems ready to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've seen the way that this team can play, and I think with Jordan Love that there's a chance that the Green Bay Packers can win the Super Bowl. I don't want to risk him if it's close. If he's saying he was close last week, that they don't have a buye until week ten. Right, there's just so many things that could go wrong here. They're hot right now, you play the hot hand. I'm not saying that Malik Willis is a better quarterback than Jordan Love. I just think if it's if he's not one hundred percent, I don't want him play against this defense.
Speaker 1: You know, one way to maybe beat that those blitzes just keep handing the ball off and do some design runs with Malik Willis, who was very I mean, he ran so well last week you forget of it just reminded me of what you see at Liberty and you just forget what a crazy talented runner he is. Just a natural runner he is. And then how do you beat the blitz I mean we're asking a lot here. He hit some big plays over the top. I mean, that's what Jordan Loved to him, did to him last year.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's in they both throw the deep ball.
Speaker 5: I got something for you, Okay, what about you have Malik Willis package? Yeah, at all I'm not saying platoon these guys, but all of a sudden, okay, wait, Jordan Love's going out to wide receiver Malik Willis is in here.
Speaker 3: Okay, what are we looking at?
Speaker 5: You know they're I'm not big on doing something like that before a game like this early in the season.
Speaker 3: Put it on film. It's tough.
Speaker 1: I do think you can maybe neutralize a little bit of Flores's craziness by rolling with what's been the number one ground game in the NFL this season is the Green Bay Packers. I mean Emmanuel Wilson. They found another one. He really looks like a dog like this, Aaron Jones, It's not a revenge game.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Read his article on the Players Tribune. It's really great. He's one of my all time favorite players that we've covered. We had him on the Round the NFL podcast previously. I just love it, Like Wes was such a huge fan of just how he is as a player. He seems like a better person. So I'm sure he's gonna get a lot of love from the Packers. Faithful and it's worked out for both sides. The Packers got the number one running game and the Vikings got one. Of the best running backs in the league.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a great matchup, looking forward to it, and everybody's looking forward to our next game.
Speaker 3: It's time for the Game of the Week presented by Draft Games.
Speaker 4: The Buffalo Bill's going at the Baltimore Ravens, who are two and a half point favorite, despite almost being h and three and having one of the worst losses late collapses in recent regular season history other than theirs I guesst the Miami Dolphins a few years ago forty six and a half points. It's gonna be the Sunday night game with to Rico, Chris Collinsworth and Melissa Stark on the call. The Ravens got in the win column. They could easily be oh and three, Greg, they could easily be three and oh. How do you see them doing against Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take them to win in the end. I don't feel strung with the Ravens. No, the Ravens, they're the favorites. They're at home. This is not your normal one and two team. I think that number reflects what the underlying numbers would say about this Ravens team.
Speaker 2: For in Dvoa.
Speaker 1: This is the best team in the league, the Bills versus the number five team in the league, the Ravens. That the Ravens have been that good. Like I just mentioned the Packers have the best running game in the league statistically they do, but the Ravens, I think I might take them in the like if I just had to choose one. Lamar Jackson is running really well this year. He is second in the league in success right. Derek Henry is breaking about as many tackles yards after contact as anyone.
Speaker 2: So it's coming along.
Speaker 1: And I do think over the years, if you want to beat a Sean McDermott defense, you gotta be able to overpower them and run the ball because they they're on their p's and q's. When you throw the ball against them, and they're very sound, it's hard to get big plays, but you tend to be able to have some long drives.
Speaker 2: I do think Lamar and Derrick Henry show up in this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they're gonna have to, right because the Ravens defense that front, when they were able just to pin him back last week against the Jags, I mean, you can't stop them. They made the Jags one dimensional early Monday night, and that was that if you make them start to, you know, work with that run game. As we're saying Dereck Henry, I think he's averaging like six yards of care. It's crazy. And they got him involved last week, right, they used him in the fourth quarter, something that they had not done, mixing some Lamar and Justice Hill. I think you can keep this Buffalo Bills defense off balance. The one thing that worries me, and this is why I like Buffalo in this game, is you have seen the Ravens, especially in the second half of games, get mismatched with their linebackers against opposing receivers, whether it's tight end running backs. And where are the Buffalo Bills where they make their money yep, with knocks and with kincaid and we usually Ty Johnson in the past. Yeah, And you have seen in every game with the Ravens that have been close, you're seeing ro Kwan Smith chasing somebody and a mismatch. You're seeing a linebacker Trent and and Himpson race chase somebody in a mismatch. They've got to figure out how to work that because teams, you better believe that Joe Brady's up there looking at because that's what you saw all game against Jacksonville. You saw them matching up against the inside linebackers against the Jags and having them chasing somebody. You better believe that's something that's coming the Ravens way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Josh Allen has only missed three passes this entire season when targeting the slot. He's twenty three or fix and four touchdowns. This is safety Josh. This is the safe, not making mistakes version of Josh Allen that we've wanted to see for years, and the Jags could do absolutely nothing about it. I have real concerns about this this Ravens defense in dealing with that because of the issues that they've we saw the blown cover against Worthy in the opener, the comeback last week, all of the difficulties with Davante Adams and the Raiders.
Speaker 3: I'm actually picking the Bills in this game.
Speaker 4: When when I made the picks for gdv hythen emails got you're picking against Baltimore, and.
Speaker 2: It's just I can't remember the last time if it's ever happened.
Speaker 3: I think once in the past couple of seasons, and that was just it was a matchup.
Speaker 4: Then it's it's kind of a matchup now I don't know how much of the of the comeback on the offensive line. Was the offensive line getting better and falloile they played a great game, or was that just the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a big time test.
Speaker 3: Ed Oliver is not overmatched.
Speaker 1: No, No, they've That's been one of the stories of the season, how much they're getting out of von Miller and ed Oliver and Greg Russo. I think they're getting more than that because they blitz the least amount in the league, but they still can get enough pressure.
Speaker 2: And what an advantage that is.
Speaker 1: I don't think though the Buffalo defense, their linebackers, some of their cornerbacks, you know, after Christian Benford.
Speaker 2: Who's he's playing lights out. He's a hell of a player.
Speaker 1: But I think the rest of the other cornerbacks because Tarron Johnson is probably out again, and the safety position Toamar Hamlin's playing great. But they've only played you know, I know they played the Dolphins and they did well against Tua there for two and a half quarters. But you know that Cardinals moved it up and down on them. So I'm not counting on this defense that they're just like locked down. It's a test. I believe for them too. I'm taking the Ravens more, just for stupid reasons. One, they tend to be bad in the games where they're big favorites or where they have a big lead, but they show up for big games.
Speaker 2: This game is really important for them. They're one and two.
Speaker 1: I think it means more to them, and and they're at home, and so I probably would pick the Bills of if they were at home. I just needed a little more from Justin Tucker. If you look at yeah, how about that, not just that he's missing kicks. Actually, if you look at how when he missed the kick in the field position that they gave up, and how the other teams went and scored right afterwards, he was kind of the reason that Cowboys comeback started. If he hits that kick, they're up thirty one six. Instead, it's a great field position, and the comeback starts. The week before the exact same thing. He was about to put the game away, he missed it, the Raiders get great field position, comeback start, and the week before it was a huge miskick against the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: So can you let's go Justin Tucker.
Speaker 3: We need to being in the position of like Hey, justin, it's just not happening.
Speaker 2: Well, no, you're not Ben, and he's not missing like short kicks or anything crazy.
Speaker 3: But he's pushing him all the same side as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Coach Horball said it was a mechanical issue, a technique issue, hopefully because you were the one that pointed it out weeks ago. It keep going up against kickers where the other kickers better. Brandon Aubrey Tyler Bass is not in the Brandon Aubrey Kenny. Now, if anybody is kicking matchup, I do think favors. The Ravens are at the game. They're gonna have to see hope, I hope.
Speaker 1: So I am really really excited for this one Sunday night football did it again. They always managed to get the best ones.
Speaker 3: They get first.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 1: They don't get Titans Dolphins. That's coming up after the break. But continue to listen. My favorite rivalry in the entire NFL. Still haven't talked about that.
Speaker 8: Download the Draftking Sportsbook app now and use the code daily. New customers can bet just five bucks to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets only on Draftking sports Book with Code Daily.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours back on NFL Daily. You know what game I'm watching in the early window.
Speaker 1: It's Saints, It's Falcon or it is the best rivalry in the NFL.
Speaker 2: And to that, you say, for.
Speaker 3: Forty four years they battle to figure out who wasn't the worst eights versus the Alcins.
Speaker 4: It's Steve trying to unite these fan bases, which is they've had some moments the last twenty years.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, yeah, good moment.
Speaker 4: It's it is the fifty five right now to fifty four all time. The Saints have a one game lead can the Atlanta Falcons tied up in Mercedes spin Stadium in Atlanta, New Orleans visiting the Falcons, who are a two point favorite. Both teams coming off of late, last minute, heartbreaking losses. The Falcons saw their star tailback Bejon Robinson get tackled for a loss when they needed a couple of yards. Greg, do they get a couple of points and beat the New Orleans Saints?
Speaker 2: I like the Saints. It's a toss up.
Speaker 1: Just I think they're highs this year have been so much higher obviously than the Falcons. But it wouldn't surprise me. You know, we hadn't talked about it on NFL Daily that Eric McCoy is going to be out six to eight weeks to flow. And if you're if you're picking indispensable players on that Saints offense, he's right near the top. You know, he's making the calls, he's setting the protections. He was taking a lot off of Derek Carr's plate and doing it at a very high level, one of the very best centers in the league. And so does taking him out make everyone around him a little weaker? It certainly looked like that last week when he got hurt early in that game, and so that that's real concerning for the Saints, as is the fact Alvin Kamara's out of practice Wednesday. He finished last week's game, So I would tend to think he'll be okay, but that would be pretty devastating.
Speaker 2: Two heading on the road.
Speaker 5: Falcons one and two at home lost five of the last six to the Saints in Atlanta, but they didn't have what.
Speaker 2: Are the crowds like in these I mean the Atlanta the Atlanta Look, there's a ton.
Speaker 3: Of Saints fans in Atlanta.
Speaker 5: That happened after Katrina, when a lot of folks were displaced, so you're gonna have a whole bunch of hood ads in there.
Speaker 3: But you know, and the Falcons have to earn their owner, Arthur Blake, with toys.
Speaker 5: They've got to earn our fans to come back, so it's gonna be an interesting crowd. But boy, with this one here, I think Atlanta. I'm gonna take Atlanta in this one. I just think their offense is finally starting to click, even though I just freaking hated that play call at to end the game where you're trying to stretch it on fourth down with Bijon, But I just think that the way that the Falcons offense is starting to click, Kyle Pitts is starting to be used right, that Drake London is really starting to emerge a player we projected to do. So now they've got some things against a very good Saints secondary. The only thing that I'm afraid of for the Falcons is, you know, Ti Mathe and these guys are taking the ball away right and you get that pressure on Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 3: He's gonna give you one.
Speaker 2: So where was that there? They got dudes, Yeah, they got dudes.
Speaker 3: In that secondary.
Speaker 4: They do, and I'm My main concern would be for Atlanta personnel wise, because there's been all everybody's looking at what Vic Fangio did last week against the offense I was playing better than any almost any other offense ever to the first couple of weeks of the season, going six to one front. Everybody knows like six to one against against that that zone run game causes problems. But I don't know that everybody has the personnel the Jalen Carters of the world, right, the Jordan Davises of the world, to do what the Eagles did to the Saints. It's the Saints, and I know Eric McCoy being out is huge, but I still believe in Clin Kubiak in this offense to get the points where it's kind of I could pick every single Falcons game wrong this season because it's it's coming down to the wire, right, So the question of whether Kirk makes the play. Kirk made the play against the Eagles, and then I know that we could talk about the DPI call. If he gets that ball up to Kyle Pitts, then they probably get that rag in the first one rown, right, And and so like I'm going with Derek Carr because I do think Derek Carr is playing better football than Kirk cause wow, And here's.
Speaker 5: One thing I'll say about the Saints offense. If you watch the Falcons front, like kayen Nellis, the former st Anti linebacker, is a stud. Elsewhere on that second level, they have shoes, they are not physical. They've got some chase linebackers. And if the Saints are able to run the ball like they wore those first two games, Kamara or whomever is run the ball might be able to pound and get some yards. Because again, kayen Nellis is a is an unheralded stud, an INTI linebacker. It's a nice pickup, nice pickup to use him a lot on the edge to rush the quarterback as well. But they've had Trey Anderson in there and he's he's a chase linebacker. He is not someone and teams are going right at him. Right, That's something that the Saints could do.
Speaker 1: When you see a weakness like that, you go after it. And yeah, there's a lot of carry over here because the front offices, you know, for the Atlanta comes from New Orleans and David Odiamada's over there, and I love it. It's my favorite rivalry because of the fans, because they're funny and they truly hate each other. It's way more collegiate, like not collegiate being friendly, but like the CC. You know, it feels like the fans of the SEC who.
Speaker 3: It's secunt I get it.
Speaker 1: And it's like when the Saints are having a bad season, if you if they can just beat the Falcons or vice versa, or if the Falcons have a bad loss, that's almost as good for Saints fans as a Saints win. And so hey, these are two teams trying to figure each other out. I trust the Saints defense in the end more than any other group in this game. To me, the Falcons are kind of a middle of the road team. We'll see what the Saints are. They're gonna have some ups and downs, but I think that defense is gonna travel and I really like them. Carl Granderson is playing out of his mind. He's a Pro Bowl he always has. He always seems like a whole other level.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was good. He took a step last year and he's taking another step.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a good player. And one thing about the Falcons defense too typical Raheem Morris. They're gonna give up five hundred yards between the twenties, but they don't allow touchdown.
Speaker 3: They got something to watch as well, a team that gave up both yards and touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Last week, the Las Vegas Raiders got Dalton at home, and now they're back at home in a two point favorite. Somebody's got a win because the Cleveland Browns got done up by the Leak Neighbors and the New York Giants last week. Should the Raiders be a two point favorite?
Speaker 5: Steve, This is tough, especially wh your head coach college y'all for making business decisions. But Antonio Pierce has that right because he was a badass player, right. He knows what's up. He knows when guys are not tough, playing tough football. I'm gonna give I'm gonna give the Raiders the two points here because Cleveland they're so banged up. I mean, right now they're talking about both tackles are nicked up again, Miles Garrett is nicked up, David Njoku is nicked up, and frankly, they look a mess. Right, They're an incredibly talented team, but Patrick, you mentioned earlier about some team not knowing what they are like they have not established themselves identity wise. We knew what they were last year is a great defensive football team that hasn't shown up consistently this year, and so I don't know them traveling. It's a game that that that the Browns should win, right, It's a game.
Speaker 3: They should win.
Speaker 2: Can't believe they're underdogs.
Speaker 3: I mean I can't either.
Speaker 1: If that doesn't tell you that you need to bench Deshaun Watson sooner than later.
Speaker 2: And I had all though, yes, he's terrible.
Speaker 1: He he's missing throws when when he is protected, he's completely panicking when he's not. I granted about it for five minutes on Yesterday's NFL Daily, so I'm not going to repeat it there. But I think he is a huge part of the problem based on how we've seen every other quarterback literally that Kevin Stefanski's ever coached in Cleveland operate.
Speaker 2: He's not making quick decisions.
Speaker 1: But to your point about the injuries, and this is probably why Miles Garrett now has an achilles injury ANAS and he's not practicing at all, and they said he'll make the trip to Vegas and hopefully he'll play. But Garrett Jack Conklin Jedge, your Quills, David and Joku, Jordan Hicks, Jerome Ford all out of practice in my Wyatt Teller landing on injured reserves. So that's a lot of injuries, especially on the offensive line.
Speaker 3: And well Max Crosby playing hurt last week as well.
Speaker 4: That's stuff both Max Crosby and Miles Garrett dealing with the injuries, two guys whose franchises have really underperformed for them throughout their careers.
Speaker 3: Let's go over to.
Speaker 4: Another game where there's a bad matchup in terms of style. The Pittsburgh Steelers one and a half point favorites, bringing that run game into Indianapolis, who has not stopped anybody on the ground the over under thirty nine and a half points. Anthony Richardson had some head scratchers last week. Greg, does he get it figured out enough to deal with that Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Sh I've gotten back and forth.
Speaker 1: I can't decide on this game because something tells me the Colts are like a two and two type of team and that the Steelers aren't really a four to oh type of team.
Speaker 3: So usually the.
Speaker 1: Schedule, like the record gods just kind of decide, Okay, they'll get one here the Colts, and yet when you watch them, Athy Richardson just isn't taking the check downs. He's not getting the easy stuff. The thing that gets me the most. He's clearly in his own head. You feel for him, he said after the game. He's so hard on myself. I got to give myself grace. But he's not, like he's saying. You can almost see him second guessing himself that it really stuck out to me on the RPO decisions. But you would think that would be something he could do well. He keeps giving the ball when he should keep it. He keeps keeping the ball when he should give it, and it's just scrambling things up. And it's too bad because Jonathan Taylor's looks like one of the best players in the league right now, one of the best running backs in the league.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to me, I've got Pitchburg that, you know, beating that number. Because when you have a quarterback who's in his head and the RPA RPO game is his thing, and you've got TJ. Watt and now Nick Herbig because Heismith is not two stud outside linebackers who can game you up in the rush or in the RPO game. That's problematic. So he better jump out of his head big time starting on Wednesday and get ready because they you know, you're gonna see just some base four man looks. They're probably not gonna do anything crazy in a passing situation, So heat him up a little bit. But the fact he's completing less than fifty percent of his passes, I don't think they're nervous at all, especially with Minka Fitzpatrick and those guys in the back end.
Speaker 4: I think one thing that makes it difficult for Anthony Richardson to work out of this slump is getting the possessions that they need because they just haven't been able to be on the field very long. Because the defense is seeing teams march up and down the field. Joe Mixon goes for one fifty three in the opener. They've given up more rushing yards to running backs than any other team in the league right now, and he's gonna be nit or miss sometimes right right.
Speaker 3: It's that's just a circumstance that he's gonna have to work out.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, on the other side, as they've started with this justin fields package, it's evolved more and more looking pretty good, you know, Mike Tomins gonna be Mike tom He's not going to say, hey, this is just Justin Fields job now, but it seems like he's getting more and more comfortable every single week.
Speaker 3: Can contrast this where it's like Michael Pittman Junior is a on a milk carton right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I just I trust the Steelers passing game more, or trust their running game more. It's hard to go against Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: So I don't test their running game.
Speaker 3: Yet.
Speaker 1: They finished out last week strong against the Chargers. I think that was a big step forward.
Speaker 3: Wellanders has some dudes up front.
Speaker 1: Right, but really the running game has been erratic at best. I'd like to see them in this matchup against the Colts. Yeah, use Justin Fields a little more in the design running game, get naj Harris and Jalen Wore and going. The Colts were able to kind of stop a bad run team with the Bears last week so that they could feel a little better. So I think that's a key matchup. And then I think the Colt Colts aren't going to be consistent throwing the ball. They need to They need to keep hitting those big plays. Maybe you can use a little bit of Joey Porter, you know, his aggressiveness against them, who knows and hit a couple of those bombs and and let Taylor and Anthony Richardson do the rest on the ground.
Speaker 2: You know, they should be one of the best running games.
Speaker 3: In the league.
Speaker 4: If you want inconsistent passing games, do I have a matchup for you? It is the Tennessee Titans against the tool lists Miami Dolphins, who offered pretty much nothing. Greg on the road against the Seattle Seahawks with Skyler Thompson. Will Levis had to pick six, but he didn't do it throwing a doing a cartwheel or anything. Last week over under thirty six and a half points. Which offense is not going to make the mistakes?
Speaker 3: Greg? Whoa?
Speaker 2: Which one is not going to make the mistakes?
Speaker 1: I think they'll both make the mistakes, but I think the Titans are more likely to make good plays too. If I had to choose one, I feel for Orlovski, you know, Riddick and Laura Rutledge. I think this is a good group. I enjoy watching their broadcast too, and both of their last week they got a blow out that was you know, it was a fun blowout. It was a good team seeing an MVP type performance by Josh Allen, and then this one not what they were hoping for. I continue to not know what the hell's up with Will Levis because he really looks pretty awesome for like eighty percent of the place, But you just can't I guess you can't live with that that the other twenty percent just goes so side.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's it's Jay Cutler. I mean that that's exactly what is like.
Speaker 1: They'd love it if he was Jay Cutler, like prime Jill Cutley's He's a ways from getting like, you know, a Jay Cutler type BEARSS contract.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is like he's gonna he's gonna look good, he's gonna make these throws, and then he's just gonna do something where you're like, oh my gosh, you know he's.
Speaker 3: Gonna give it.
Speaker 5: I actually like Miami in this game because their they're playmakers like they don't have. I think this is one where McDaniels could be like, Okay, I got a second week, whether Skyler Thompson or you know whomever. I think they're talking about Snoop Huntley.
Speaker 3: Possibly Kim Boyle. It's a mystery, right, but it's not a mystery to me. It's Snoop Huntley.
Speaker 5: I would start snoopomp Huntley, and he started games for the Ravens for years. I'd put him in and let him get the ball to the playmaker. Snoop is from Miami, go ahead and let him get his home game on. And I mean Tennessee, just the mistakes that they make. You know, Jalen Rams, you may score two touchdowns in this game for Miami playing against this so I like the Dolphins in this game. It's just tough for me to pick the mistakes. I recognize that they're going to continue happening, but if we're evaluating the teams and the circumstances that they're in, it's just having seen this team without Tua for multiple times over the past few years, I'm not going to pick this team like Tim Bowles either and Skyler Thompson. They used motion the third lowest rate of the Miman daniel era. They can't run Mike McDaniel's offense with those two.
Speaker 1: Players, and the Titans do one thing exceptionally well as a team which has stop the run, like no one can do physical, you know, And I know the Packers got some go into the outside, but they were created. I don't I don't think it's going to happen this week. I mean, I think the Dolphins had a lot of issues with to a healthy and that was something that was really on my run, That's what I mean. And they even the offense didn't play well for six and a half quarters with Tua and suddenly you take them out and you think, is this the worst team in the NFL, because you know, efficiency wise DVOA so far they are. They're dead last. And it's not just the offense, it's the defense. The defense is not playing well either. So I don't know where this team has any positives. And yeah, they're going to be in the primetime spotlight with everyone watching.
Speaker 5: Everyone's gonna be flipping over to the other game on ABC because that is a dandy Seattle in Detroit.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know, we only get how many games now? I used to know it was two fifty six, So now what is it? It's two seventy or something like, there's only two seventy four. There's only two seventy four of these uh babies, They're all beautiful. So I still love our Titans Dolphins Monday night game. Maybe it'll be so bad it's good. That's perfect. Uh, you guys are just so good, it's good.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: That is it for NFL Daily. Thanks for watching NFL Daily. But of course we will be back Thursday night recapping Cowboys and Giants with Danny Hifitz of The Ringer. Great analysts, great Giants fan. Looking forward to that. I also have my picks with Cynthia Frieland later in the week. Until then, football is back.