Speaker 1: And and Joe goes that guy he's funny, and I go, yeah, And he goes nobody, he's really funny, and I go, I don't hang out with him.
Speaker 2: Because he's got big muscles. I do.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm a little guy, and I need you get over the afterhod No pause, I mean it's a thing. No pause in a little bit and felt him up a little bit. You get over that. Yeah, now you now you need it's not just sex. Now you need like good subs. You know what I'm saying, Leave down Mississippi.
Speaker 2: I like what you're picking out.
Speaker 3: You went what now, thirty thirty fifteen below your scouting department.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm six to two, you see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know on a good day you'd be a good sixty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, six two. Do you you walk around saying six to two?
Speaker 3: Like in the locker room stuff people are ready to hey, throw your shoes off, get up against the wall. You're not six two type of thing. That's the that's the culture there. Well, that's right, that's yeah, Well walking around I'm six too. But anybody who played in the NFL, how long did you play?
Speaker 2: Going on nine nine years? You played? Yeah, and you're still playing eight years. I'm going on nine. So you're in the NFL right now. Yes, I'm about to be a free agent.
Speaker 3: So the fact that you're saying best athlete, continue to massage the linebacker position because I'm about to enter free agency.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that anybody who played in the NFL for nine years, you have to understand. Nobody in this fucking room is you're not You're not in the area code. That's a crazy athlete.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: So when did you know you were special? We're gonna turn this into an interview. I gotta get some way before we get into acting. I'm gonna fuck about acting, war, makeup, and I may believe I could do characters. I'm done with that. And when did you know you were special? Because I learned very early on that I was a regular guy. You understand I was a high school wrestler. Oh you wrestled in high school?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 2: My brother he was. He went to Nebraska on scholarship for wrestling.
Speaker 3: He's a good he's a wrestler. We get a good little Jean Pool. But I probably I didn't know it was going to be a linebacker. Always thought I was going to be the next Walter.
Speaker 2: Payton, but you know, oh, you want to be a running back.
Speaker 3: At first, yeah, I was like, you know, dumbing the little white kids on these football.
Speaker 2: Right, no question, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 3: I mean I would say early on, I felt like I could I could play now. I grew up in a small town, so at first it was like, you know, I can play college football. And then when're playing college football, you're like, oh, I can play in the NFL. Had to go to the undrafted route just to kick to the ego. But the story's been nine years in. You're playing still nine years. You make it every year because you have You gotta make it every year, there's no question. And you might get that I love his fascination.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hey, I.
Speaker 1: Love because I love the honing of a diamond. I love I love true competition, I love authenticity. I don't give a fuck who your agent is. I don't care what kind of hype, I don't care how you talk. You otta can play or you don't. And the coach and the staff goes, he's just not. He's just not. He's a nosehair shy and we gotta you gotta come, you gotta give you.
Speaker 2: I'll take your playbook now. Yeah. Sorry, yeah, good luck though, right you need anything, you need a reference, let me know how I can help you.
Speaker 1: Is how many people spend They go from Pop Warner all the way to college. Their whole life is football and they don't make it in the pros.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gotta be tough.
Speaker 3: It Like it's crazy because I was actually in premarital counseling today doing a nice little therapy session and we actually took a whole turn into my childhood about you know, you work for everything for basically twenty three years, you identify with being a pro football player, like it's your dream, you want to do it. It's all you've ever thought about, year in and year out. And the average career is like two point eight years. Yes, you get to it. And now now that I'm thirty one, you're on the back end of your career. So talking about the transitioning and you know, I'm with my fiance, so we're kind of talking about what life is going to look like on the other side.
Speaker 2: So you're you're you're.
Speaker 1: Facing you're doing something that's good. You got this podcast that people speak highly of, so you're doing something right. Yeah, it's a big deal, dude. And I end this bus, which I'm very much liking, and we're not going to say where it is, but I had to go under the.
Speaker 2: Crust of the earth to get here. Yeah. Yes, and you must be somewhat of a center to even come.
Speaker 3: Everyone says shit like that, but bro, that's why it's huge that you're on the bus.
Speaker 2: Because Brendan came on.
Speaker 3: He came on one was the two thousand and when was that blow senty nineteen and like July the same similar to you stalked him on the Zanies calendar.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I wasn't in a training camp yet, and Taylor he was.
Speaker 3: He was in training camp with the Titans, and I saw sew was coming to perform and I was like, I gotta get this motherfucker on the bus somehow, and just so happened. I just got done doing an interview with Michael Chandler the first time he's been on like three times now. Great dude, great dude, And he's like, bro, I could get you brain and I'm like, are you serious? Because and I didn't bring it because I was in a fucking hurry. But I have this book that I journal shit in and the Fighter and the kid like inspirations you grabbed to kind.
Speaker 2: Of put visions together.
Speaker 3: I mean the chairs, the little couch, the table, the fighter and the kids style. Like there's just different shit that like you guys are in the book. I was telling Brendan the same thing when he was on here. But the fact now that I have you on it, Like you know, we're laying in bed last time, my Fancy's like, hey, I'm proud of you, and I.
Speaker 2: Was just like, yo, let's fucking yeah, dude. That means a lot to me.
Speaker 1: As you get older, you just do your work and then you realize you had an influence on people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 1: Realize it and you're like, oh, that's what happens when you're gray and you've been doing it that long. People are you're going to have an impact.
Speaker 3: Bro, you've been yeah, I mean you've been in the game a long time, like you helped. Like the big thing with shab two is I looked at him because he was an athlete who transitioned into the entertainment world, and like you said, there was no one. I mean, there's a couple more now, but there's no one. There was no one in the space of the So we were the first NFL Active Player podcast, and it was kind of like picking his brain, like what was that transition, Like it was all this different stuff.
Speaker 1: So well, it was because me and Rogan and we were at Metamors and me, Rogan and Schob were sitting there watching the jiu jitsu, and you know, it gets a little boring, come on, like, oh, he's got a position you After a while you're like, I mean, it's fine if you don't know what you're looking at. But and so, uh, Shops starts telling a story about how he was being so self effacing, right, and Joe didn't really know him, and so Shop's like talking about how I had just started fighting and I'm calling out Nogara, and.
Speaker 5: It's like, somebody should have sat this kid down to say, hey, hey, joker boy, he ain't ready for the fucking k nog Okay, you're not ready to step into the major leagues, bro, take a couple more cuts in the minors before you. And uh, and he was just being so funny, and Joe was fucking cackling, And so he went to go to the bathroom and and Joe goes that guy, he's honey, and I go yeah, and he goes, no, but he's really funny, and I go, I don't hang out with him because he's got big muscles.
Speaker 2: I do. I mean, I'm a little guy, and I need you get over the afterho.
Speaker 1: No pause, it's the thing, no pause, taking it in a little bit and felt him up a little bit.
Speaker 2: You get over that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now now you need it's not just sex. Now you need like good you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the reason we hung out. The fucking guy was hilarious. We'd hang out.
Speaker 1: And that's when I said to him, I go, let's do a podcast and we'll call it Fighter and the Kid. And I said, well let's call it let's just about fighting and he goes, no, not just fighting, that'll kill me. Let's just talk about the way we talk. And that was it.
Speaker 3: And so you guys just started doing a podcasting a podcasts a business guy.
Speaker 1: Like See, what people don't realize is that he's the guy. I'd love to take credit for everything, but I was just showing up being a jackass, right, But I've been doing it forever, so I can you know, but he was the one who started saying, let's sell T shirts, Let's do graphics. Let me hire people to like, you know, do caricatures, let's do photos. This fucking dude was like, you know, a publicist in an Asian all right, he'd be like, wear this this, You fucking don't wear that. I show up in flip flops. He goes, come on, man, you can't show your toenails.
Speaker 2: I didn't know how. You know.
Speaker 1: My joke about guys like regular bros. Is like, you know, he he's like regular bros. The criteria for the way we dress is it comfortable? Do I look like a pussy?
Speaker 2: Moving on?
Speaker 1: I'm not going I wonder if this fuchia goes with my shoes? I know what the fuck fuchia is right, But that's like there's this true story. Like my girlfriend goes she has a bike with a basket on the front of it, and she was like, just take my bike. I was like, nah, she goes, why, I don't want I might get jumped, like I'm just a target for bandits. If I had like the groceries with my little French bread sticking out and I'm biking, I just feel like I'm gonna get beat up just for having a basket. But Shop is one of those guys who just he loves fashion. He loves color. Dude, he gets he changes his fucking hair, and he'll wear like you know.
Speaker 2: He'll wear something that's wear that beanie on the back of his head.
Speaker 1: He's a giant. He's a tuitary case. Let's be honest, Like, he's not a fashion he doesn't. You're never gonna be Jared Leto. Okay, You're never gonna right good, He's not, dude. You just you're a fucking two hundred and seventy pounds. He's like, I'm two forty two seven oh anymore, thick as shit. And he wears like those little one of those those those fucking the caprice, the capris, the caprice dance slacks. But no, he's a gorilla. He'll kill all of you with his bare hands. So he's allowed to. But so I can't really make fun.
Speaker 2: Of him for it. That's why we're letting you do it. Just keep going in on.
Speaker 1: If he can wear bracelet, he would, he would, that's he flirts with it every day.
Speaker 2: I know he goes this is today of the day. No he's he's.
Speaker 3: Savvy though, Like when we got done with the our pod, it was an awesome pod. Bloss remembers that we were kind of like, you know, taking back and he was like, bro, you know, you ever you ever need help or any mentoring through this, like here's my number, literally, just whatever you need, Like, let me know, I think you got something now. Granted, our ac ran out and his brother was in the back and they almost passed out because it was We're in early August in Nashville and people were hot as ship.
Speaker 2: But he's like, I think you got something.
Speaker 3: Man. He's like, you know, you just got to stick with it and you know, endure the negativity that's probably going to come with it.
Speaker 1: I don't read comments. Yeah, I don't read good or bad. The good comments are just as powerful as bad comments.
Speaker 3: Was that something he went through in the beginning, like when you were getting him transitioning into the whole be out in front of the camera and be in front of everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yes, he would he would read comments, but I I don't believe in reading. And you know, my last special I guess people said good things, you know, and people were telling me that and I never read one comment, because I don't want anybody. If you tell me I'm really good in a certain way, it's going to define me. You tell me I'm really good at this, I'm going to try to aim at that. It's like fighters. It's like you know, like say, say, I don't know if this would make sense to you, but if I were to say you're a knockout artist. You know, like if you're a fighter and say this guy's a knockout artist, what you're gonna do is you're gonna go out in your next fight and try to knock the guy out. You're not going to just fight the guy in front of you and react to whatever you're given. And I think that's a very dangerous place to be. I know that as an artist. I know that as like you know, this is going to sound like a weird thing. But when you do a live performance a play, when you do a play and you're you know, when you're coming up as an actor, you hit certain scenes, you hit certain notes, and the audience laughs their asshole. The next night, what you're doing is you're aiming to do that again, and then all of a sudden they didn't laugh as hard and you're like, fuck, they didn't laugh as hard, and you're out of the scene.
Speaker 2: You're out of the scene.
Speaker 1: So you have to be very careful with how people speak to you. We're gonna be able control people speak to you, but you control what you take seriously and what you listen to. And the same thing goes with negative comments, because somebody can say one thing to you. They can say one fucking thing. Yeah, they can say like and it can hit home because it reminds you what your dad said, your sister said, your brother said. Is it triggers you, It triggers you. They can say, yeah, he's just a he's a poor man's such and such, or you know, he's uh, you know, he's yeah, but he's he's I heard somebody one time say, yay, he's good at performance, but not a good at substance. He doesn't really say anything, and I was like, oh, it took me a long time to get over that. You gotta be very careful, man. So now I just uh, I don't compare myself. I just I just I just am here. Well, let's see what happens. Yeah, I don't have a plan.
Speaker 2: Right, you said, be ready for the charisma, Be ready for that, dude, and you are taller and more athletic in person. Thank you. You see you're not mad at my shoulders.
Speaker 1: But no, the way my fucking hips taper and I mushroom into it, we're back mushrooms a little bit. You gotta feet in my back. You were squeezed into that vehicle out Now I'm one seventy. I mean, obviously I'm in a different.
Speaker 2: Weight class, but you're a strong one seventy.
Speaker 1: Well, I got a high tide ass. I mean, even at my age, you're not mad. I don't know if you took me in. We will later. It's about I'm not wearing tights. I'm built like a fucking dancer. Yeah you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you see that. We'll talk absolutely.
Speaker 3: I notice I noticed in case I me but but yes, as far as like the comments and stuff like that, was there like something pivotal that happened for you or somebody that put their arm around you and taught you that, Like what was an influence that got you?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's reading. I know you're an avid reader. Just failure. You know I failed a lot anytime.
Speaker 1: You're you know, you're my age and you've been successful at whatever, You've had a lot of failure. You had a hell of a lot more failure. And I think part of failure is learning how to navigate you. You know, you have to keep adjusting your approach. You know you're you're going to try something and you're gonna not be good at it, and you have to keep adjusting your approach. That's why doing is so much more important than talking. The only way you're going to learn how to box or something impossible like that, or like there are things you know about football that that you could never explain to me. It's just years of being on a field. So there's a there's an intelligence. You can look at a you can look at an offensive scheme and you kind of know. You know, if you you know, you get better at predicting, you get better at seeing what the you without understanding. There's no way I could ever learn in a book what you have in your body, what you have, what the decisions you make in a split second as leader of that defense or whatever, that I could never do. That that only comes from doing right. And I think that part of it was just realizing that, you know, making the mistake of relying on other people, making the mistake of relying on on the support that you can tend to rely on, because what happens is you're letting them define you. I think, actually, if I get really deep about it, so many of us limit ourselves and our potential because that's what we do. It's really you know, Stephen Jobs one time said, I knew when I learned that everything around me was made by people no smarter than I was. It changed everything for me. There's there's something about that, right. It's very, very difficult to take ultimate responsibility for being great. It's fucking hard because if you say, if you say I'm limitless, or if you say I can do what my heroes have done, that's a big responsibility. It's just something about it, man, because you you have to you have to remove all the governors. I mean that, that's that's really hard. It's really hard, absolutely, because what it means is every aspect of your life has to be super disciplined. And I'm more comfortable being in third place. I don't like being first. You know, first place, everybody's head hunt and think about being the champion.
Speaker 3: You put a lot of undue pressure on yourself too, because the minute something goes off the rails, you can downward spiral because you're starting to identify with certain things in that avenue of like greatness. There's a there's just like a good balance because you know, yeah, because like being a young player, like I was super discipline, and you know, I don't want to say obsessive, but like obsessive is the word I'm choosing of, just like I have to be doing these things and like no, I can't go I can't go visit there or there. I go, Well, you know you can work out there, and it's like I have to work out here, I have to do this program, I have to eat this way. And you just get so like brainwashed in and thinking you have to be on this certain path. So the moment something happens or the business bite you in the ass, yeah, and somebody, something out of your control happens to where you get benched, which is something that happened to me, you just get very bitter because it's something out of your control, didn't go your way, and now your whole identity is thrown off because you were relying on all these disciplines to pay off, and.
Speaker 1: You forget you have to take care of like I don't know, a partner. You know, nobody teach you how to take emotionally take care for your wife or your significant other, right, those things that actually make your life worth living too. You know, you spend a lot of time chasing that sort of white whale, that sort of you know that'll drag yonder. You know that's that's a Mobi dick metaphor you I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Guys, I read Hey, I know you do. I was actually super into. It was either one of your fighting in the kid episodes or it was with Joe, But you were talking about the book.
Speaker 2: I want to say it was grit.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was about kids doing different sports range range, That's what it was.
Speaker 2: That's what it was. Yes, So I do. I know you're a big reading to myopic on anything. I mean, explain my opic. You have a lot of wisdoms.
Speaker 1: So look at look at look at Tiger Woods.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: What does mypic mean? Shout out bare bottom clothing, no free shoutouts. Spring break season is here. Also, spring is coming up. Spring Break is for the young cats, the kids in college, the young cats that are trying to make plans and go everywhere, the little boys and gals, but spring is also here for the adults that are gonna want to hear about this bare Bottom clothing. You have to make sure you're equipped with the right threads to conquer your spring adventures. And where should you go to upgrade your get outside wardrobe? Will look no further than the boys at Bare Bottom Clothing. Bare Bottom Clothing is the go to for the most versatile, comfortable, and wearable everyday clothing for men. With rapidly growing cult following of over one hundred thousand customers and countless five star reviews, you know that you're getting quality every day threads for a fraction of what you have to spend with the other boys. Bare Bottom zero chafe stretch swim trunks feature quick drying, four way stretched fabric made sustainably from recycled plastic bottles. We like saving the turtles and their wildly versatile Volley short swim hybrid is the go to for trips on land or sea. Built for value, You're getting comfortable, made the last swim trunk, shorts and teas that won't break the bank. Right now, I'm still in flannel season a little bit. While Bare Bottom typically donates shorts to children in need through their one for You, One for Them program, they are switching things up for a limited time, bare Bottom will donate a protective mass to a first or bonder teacher or someone in need for each item purchase right now, our listeners, boys and girls, get free shipping on your first order of these super comfortable threads. Just go to bare Bottom Clothing dot com. That's b E A R like the Big Grizzly Animal Bottom Clothing dot com and use code busting to get free shipping on the first.
Speaker 1: My Opic means being narrowly focused. My opic life just you have just tunnel vision on one thing, you know, Yeah and I and Tiger Woods is an example when when Tiger Woods ended up getting into that scandal with with you know, other women and stuff like, oh, how could he have done that?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? How could he have done that? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: How could he have done that? He'd had to be perfect his whole life, from from his before he could walk. His father was telling him to be that precise with a club.
Speaker 2: And you can tell too from that documentary that is that was on of course.
Speaker 1: And so when you have to be perfect in every aspect of your life. No human being can do that. You cannot sustain discipline on that line level because it no human being can do that. I don't believe in discipline. I don't believe in hard work. I believe in inspiration. How are you inspired? What is the balance? What is your Are you balanced as a human being? Where is your balance? You want to go all in for how long? How long can you sustain that? I'll count I'll be waiting. It's true, you can be great, but you're going to have very little in the way of another life. You're going to pay a big price for that. And some people say it's worth it for a little while, the little while that you have to be able to transition.
Speaker 3: You've got to be able to you know what, how do you how do you balance in that inspiration? Like say say say you're I'm inspired to be the best linebacker this year, and so you cultivate disciplines around that inspiration, Like how are you balancing the saying I don't believe in discipline or hard work.
Speaker 2: I believe more so in the inspiration. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Like I don't like to be too you know, I don't like to have a blue book here, But I love that motivation. I don't think you're ever going to be different. You're an intense got right and that's what's gotten you where you have. So I don't think I don't think the idea is to take away from that. I think the idea is to be aware that that mindset has its own traps, that that mindset is very necessary, but you better be careful with that mindset. You might want to keep a little door open in your kitchen. You might want to keep a little little door open for some fun for for by the way, taking the whole routine that you have that you're religious with and throwing it in the air sometimes, fuck it, fuck it today, I'm eating all the pizza today. I'm gonna be a fucking I'm gonna get drunk. I'm gonna do whatever I fucking want. You need that sometimes to remind you that this is all a game, and this is this is because if you get too precious about your you know, your routine, you get too precious about It's like it's like people who are super into health and they only eat this and they become cranks. I didn't get enough sleep, so I can't work out.
Speaker 2: Fuck off does have gluten in it.
Speaker 1: Or I had an acting teacher who is amazing, and you'd have a student be like, no, I'm a vegan, and he'd go, you are.
Speaker 2: You should eat meat.
Speaker 1: You should go kill an animal, skin it, gut it, and then eat it. Cut it out in the field and eat it raw. You that'll help your acting?
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, jumble it up, shake it up, your fucking puritan. Where's a table. I wish I could turn the table over. God damn, there's one right there there. You can fucking get after it. Bro that gets strung with the boys?
Speaker 2: Helmet? Is that a right? Help the put that on? W he was on here? He did, Yeah, he looked. These things help with CT. This is a motherfucker. That's just a little you know.
Speaker 3: That's like when you get for Christmas and you think you're getting something, so you go play in the front yard.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, it's.
Speaker 1: Not Yea, I need a helmet that's way bigger than that. I need cushions, I need balloons on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't want to get here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm I like what you were saying about all that, just because I feel like i've I'm more on the side of the spectrum of the inspiration type now, but finding that balance from the whole discipline, hard work thing, because I've very much like lived in that for you know, most of my career about it. Yeah, it's like I feel like it's something that's never gonna actually leave, but.
Speaker 1: That it shouldn't. There's nothing wrong with that. The goodies come. The goodies come from self restriction. The good has come from delayed gratification. The goodies come from making daily attendance and focus a habit. There's nothing wrong with that because it's how you get better.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's like people laugh at me because I obsess over tennis, like my swing. I watch videos and shit, right, and I want to be able to swing what I want to grip here And I was like and then but but for me, I don't want to go out there and play tennis like this and what I love dudes who are like, eh, and they're fucking and they're just hitting the ball or they playing golf and they're like and then they get mad, God Dade, and I sucked. Hey, bro, you've never studied the technique. Yeah, yeah, so don't tell me you're mad. It's like go if you play your Weekend Warrior, you don't. You should obsess, if you're really going to get mad at yourself, you should obsess over every detail of your stroke, because to me, that's that that's how you get better. There's a there's a methodology to getting better at anything, including relationships, including anything. There's a way to get better, and there are people that can teach you how to do that so you avoid you avoid the pitfalls, you avoid the plateaus.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, there's a way to get you out of that.
Speaker 1: So good tutelage and and and you know, it's like my buddy Tony Blower says, be careful what you practice.
Speaker 2: You might get really good at the wrong thing. It's really fucking true. He's just he's just on here dropping gyms right now. Boys, you hear that, right? Yeah, we heard the flower, my buddy Tony Flower. Well we'll have that clipped up for sure. But it's true, and it's it's a very very important thing. You know.
Speaker 1: Practice makes permanent, you know. So there's a book the fuck is it called? I think it's called The Talent Code, And yes, I've heard and he talks about the concept of deep practice and he looks at the people that get really good at something. And then there was a paper written on the difference between regional swimmers and Olympic swimmers. Okay, and you'll appreciate this as an athlete because the difference between So when you watch like Roger Feder the great tennis players, do they practice more than the number two hundred guy?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Do they practice more? In fact, they might practice less. What's the difference between a regional swimmer and Olympic swimmer? Do they practice more hours in the pool?
Speaker 2: Actually? Know?
Speaker 1: What they do is they practice specifically. They're looking at the details of their stroke. So one day they might practice just for a week. Their elbow's been here, and their coach says, your elbow's got to be here, So for one week they only practice that there are micro adjustments and when you're dealing with point three seconds. The difference between first place and I think fourth place in the Olympics in the freestyle swimming event. By the way, swimming should not get that much attention. Last time I gave a fuck about it swimming race was when I was nine. That's another story. But like the difference literally between first place and fourth place no metal in the freestyle was two blinks of an eye. Okay, So if you're dealing with that margin, micro adjustments are everything. So the difference in a regional swimmer and a and a Olympic swimmer is that they practice differently. They practice so specifically and that day they're only doing one thing until they get it perfect. So that when you watch raf and Nadal, you watch Feder when they when they hit, they've gotten better as they've gotten older. They don't miss because every single day they're practicing their micro adjustments. When the doll, the story goes now one Wimbledon, he came into the locker room and he's going, yeah, but I think my grip need I need to change my grip. It's got to be a little bit more over this way always upsettsing over that shit because he couldn't play so in such a muscular way. He was getting injured. And so I think that the talent code talks about that, about what they call deep practice, like are you practicing what you're bad at? Or do you go to the gym every day? And like are you practicing what you're good at?
Speaker 2: In jiu jitsu?
Speaker 1: My guard's really good and I greted dars. Okay, cool, got that. What else are you practicing to get better?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I love that about Yeah, it's funny you were talking about that swimming analogy and we had to hear about that damn swimming analogy so much in content because coaches are talking about practicing harder and more. And this is the This is the difference between winning and losing, like in the Olympics, in the highest level. This is how much you got to put into that little bit just to get us, you know, working harder, practicing more, not doing one thing for one day, right, but adding period. It's place of football, though, does it. This episode of Busting with the Boys is brought to you by Roman Looks. No one is perfect. We've all had bad performances, bad performances in the football field, bad performances in the bedroom, and it's perfectly okay. But if it's bothering you, the Boys now have options for you. Go to get Roman dot com slash busting Now. With Roman you can get a free online evaluation and ongoing care for ED or also known as erectile dysfunction, all from the comfort and privacy of your own home. A US licensed healthcare professional will work with you to find out the best treatment and plan that is specifically tailored for you. If medication is appropriate. It ships to you free with two day shipping. It's also discrete shipping. I'm sure I'm going to get into that. The whole process is straightforward and DISCREETE. There it is. There, it is, It's DISCREETE. Getting started is simple. Just go to get roman dot com slash busting and complete an online visit. Take care of your ED without leaving your house. Complete an online visit today and connect with a doctor and take care of it. Go to get roman dot com slash bussing now to get fifteen dollars off your first order of ED treatment. Look, there's a straightforward way to take care of your ED. Get Roman dot com slash bussing get started now to say fifteen dollars on your first order. There in ways, yes, Because in tennis and swimming you're more of In an individual sport like football, it is the ultimate team game. Like you need you need the hogs in front of you, you need the guys behind you, you need everybody, but in your own like in my own individual in my own individual body. I'm not the same player. I'm not the same ability I was at twenty three. But like you were saying about Nadal and Federer, like I'm smarter, I'm more above the neck. You're more seeing things on film and watching certain certain tendencies and the way you break down personnels and everything like that.
Speaker 2: Toy.
Speaker 3: You just understand the game to where you might be a step slower, but that step is made up because you're playing more from the neckup. So that's where I think it translates for football. But as far as winning like the Super Bowl and shit like that, like it is the ultimate Football is the ultimate team game.
Speaker 1: That's why football players, I notice are so good socially like football players in comparison, like say fighters, with all due respect, fighters is such an individual kind of thing. Football players, you've been you've been communicating with each other as a team, so that social intelligence, it really does. It's like the difference between a lion and a tiger. Lions are lions are super smart because they're they live in a pride, so that when you own a lion, if you're a lion trainer, you you you have to understand when they're giving you an aggressive signal, a friendly signal, and they're gonna look at you and they're reading you, and they read each other, and there's a whole hierarchy, whereas tigers are solitary creature, so it's more instinct than not as smart. That's fucking big cat. That's big cat stuff.
Speaker 2: That is the big I used to watch the Big Cat Diaries on Discovery Jails.
Speaker 1: Fuck Dard, I'm so smart. Why are you guys not writing this ship down?
Speaker 3: We gotta we gotta record it there they're you guys are running this day right bad?
Speaker 2: What were you saying before the cats thing?
Speaker 3: I had something and then I got truly fascinated because I'm a big animal about.
Speaker 1: How football players are social.
Speaker 3: Oh socially yeah, yeah, yeah, because you're taking guys from all of these different backgrounds like me, I grew up in smalltown Missouri, predominantly white. Then you go into a locker room at Nebraska and you're on people from Florida, from Texas, from California, all different backgrounds, and you got to learn how to like coexist and you know, uh, be social, make friends, do all these different things. And then you go from that locker room to the Washington football team. You go into that locker room, then you go into uh, you know, you're done with Tennessee or Washington after five years. Then you got to go somewhere new in Tennessee, then you go in Oakland like you're just you're around a locker room of like fifty sixty dudes that are everyone wants to be the alpha. Yeah, and everyone comes from way different background Yeah. Everyone comes from way different backgrounds, and you got to find the common ground because you're all chasing that one common goal of like a championship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so's there black white divide, somemoeing is there? Do you find that? I always feel like there's real camaraderie in football, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Like I don't.
Speaker 1: I feel like like it's like a great example of how well people can get along when they have a common goal.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what I feel like.
Speaker 1: I feel like nothing has done more to break down racism and things than sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, any anytime there's a situation that happens because in Tennessee this past year during training camp, everyone didn't practice that day and you're kind of like, you know, pioneering this this movement. But you sit back with all the boys in the locker room, and you the common thing that guys say is you wish everyone could experience when we get to experience like we get to experience the locker room, because if we're all at home that day and we're seeing certain things, we're seeing it from a different lens. We're seeing everything from our own filter, from where we came from, from all that different stuff. The moment you walk into the locker room, you're not gonna necessarily just come out and put all that baggage.
Speaker 2: That you were feeling in that moment at home by yourself. In the locker room, you're.
Speaker 3: Kind of gonna maybe humor maybe it's maybe somebody's hurt him, maybe put your arm, But you're you're experiencing all in getting navigating through it like together, you know what I mean, because everyone's tough and everyone's loud behind that.
Speaker 1: Keep love and kinship with people too, who yes, a totally different background, right, Yes, that's what it feels like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you you just wish like that was the big thing is you come out of it like man, you just you wish everyone could experience like a locker room, like a football locker room. We say, because we're football players, but I'm sure baseball and those teams feel the same way. But you wish everyone could experience that locker room vibe because it brings everybody together. Yep, but yeah, man, This episode of Busting with the Boys is also brought to you by Better Help. We're gonna get serious for a second. The last year has been hard on a lot of people, very understandable. We've been going through COVID, we've been quarantining, we've been learning a lot of stuff about ourselves that we've enjoyed learning, but also not enjoy learning. And that's why we're doing something new and partnering with our new sponsor, Better Help Online Therapy at Barstool Sports. We truly love and appreciate our listeners. Without you are Tier ones, too, threes, everybody, none of this would be possible and allow us to do this every week for you guys, So every once in a while we try to bring you something good. Maybe it's for you, maybe it's not. A lot of us take care of our bodies, but with a tough year on many of us, we might also want to think more about taking care of our minds, taking care of our mental there's a misunderstanding of what therapy is. It can be whatever you want it to be. It doesn't have to be sitting around and talking about your feelings. It's none of that stuff. I'm actually going through pre marital counseling right now with my fiance and I absolutely love it. I'm able to talk about things that I didn't know I was able to talk about. I'm able to face certain things that I didn't know I had to face that I didn't even know was in the basement. But I'm a huge believer and advocate in therapy. Betterhelp is customize online therapy that offers video, phone and even live chat sessions with your therapists, so you don't have to see anyone on camera if you don't want to. It's much more affordable than in person therapy, and you can start communicating with your therapists in under forty eight hours. Join the millions of people who are seeing what they'rapet he is really all about. It's always a good time to invest in yourself, because you are your greatest asset. This podcast is sponsored by better Help. Our listeners are getting ten percent off of their first month at betterhelp dot com. Slash Busting that's b E T T E r h E LP dot com slashus.
Speaker 2: We went on, we should be forced to play football. Yeah, we had a a Yeah, then you have then you have Nate Nate.
Speaker 3: We had Nate Bargatzi on and he was telling his football journey and he was basically talking about how he would bull in the Ring would be going on in youth football. He's like, we got these grown men. Mind you, they are eleven and twelve. He said, we got these grown men out of here, eleven years old. And he's like, they're doing the what's the thing in the circle? Like bowl in the ring. He's like, yeah, they're doing bull in the ring. He's like, you know, I just I like, my chin strap's broken, something's wrong with my helmet. I take out on like, hey again, what do you know? It's broken again?
Speaker 2: I learned very quickly. I wasn't milk for football. I'd see did you play it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? When I was fourteen, I was like, I want to be a football player, and I just guys who are bigger and stronger like you.
Speaker 2: And I was like, well, I'm just not built for this. Also, I'm fucking freezing. I'm not.
Speaker 1: I got a long neck and you can't. I was I'd wear six layers, I still be freezing. I'm like, this sucks and getting a hit when you're cold. Oh, and other guy's be like it's fucking warm. Literally. I felt like a cat, like somebody throwing a cat in a fucking pack of dogs. And I was like, where's the where's a wall I can perch on and look at you guys who was just like too much? I was like, a fuck man, you guys are allowed. Everybody's so strong, and that's why I went right to wrestling. I was like, can I wrestle a guy in my size?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, weight class, make weight my brother, that's a different world too. Wrestling now that's a different You look over and I can't eat fast food in high school because my brother's cutting weight. So of my my you know, my parents are like, you're not gonna do it in front of him and just turn on all the hot water in the shower, steam the room, and duct tape what is it? Plastics on your body and he'd just be sitting in our own little makeshift steam room.
Speaker 2: In the house to lose weight.
Speaker 1: I used to dream about water. I dream about it. You just dream that you're in the desert. It was the worst because you're sucking weight. But I but again, I wouldn't have wrestled. If I was big enough to play football, I would have played football. Because all the girls went to watch football, exactly, No one went and came to watch fucking wrestling. In my single lect as I'm shooting a double doors hitting him with the fireman's it was, and girls are like, what's he doing? And he smells like fucking.
Speaker 2: Cover him up on top, just get on the elbow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, after a while, come on, yeah, So are you.
Speaker 2: Are you thinking about moving to Nashville? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm look because you were talking about looking at properties when we were texting, and I'm like, yo, are you?
Speaker 4: I am?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah? What's the draw to Nashville? Taxes?
Speaker 1: I think la. I think California feels like it's just on life support. Man. I just don't agree with a lot of stuff that's coming out of California. I don't like the schools. I don't like what the teaching my children. I don't agree with it. And uh, and I feel like Nashville still has some sense, some common sense. So a lot of it's for my children, but I'm divorced. I get along really great with my kid's mother. But it's it's a it's a thing because you know, it's a big move and I can't leave without them. I got to have my kids in the same state, are they Well, that's the thing. If I'm saying here, I got to get my ex and my kids to move to That's.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying. So you're you have that good a relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we get along great, you know, because we're raising the kids and we're both Look, we were married for twelve years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was a long run. That was a good run.
Speaker 1: But I'm a comic. God bless anybody married to a comic. All I take full it's all my fault. Yeah, it's all my fault, right, you know, I'm a you know. But but she she was great and she's she's she just doubt you know, I don't know. I mean, she's the mother of my children, right, so so and and to her credit, and you know, the kids are the most important thing. So that adjustment is a whole different thing. But we're both on the same team that way, no matter what. And we like each other, we're friends, we like each other. We still laugh and get along.
Speaker 2: That's good, thankful. I mean that could probably be a benefit of bad divorces. Man, who you know you didn't go through a bad one. No, no, no, So you know I'm lucky? Or is she thinking about is she up to the ideas horses? You see? Now?
Speaker 1: Now, now, I don't know if you know this, but horses are not cheap. No, you gotta you gotta shoehorn them. Fuck that is, you gotta you gotta vet bills because they'll find a thousand things wrong with that fucking horse. And then you got a house and they live in a house. You know, I'm standing stable. Then you got to feed them. I don't how much a horse eats, but either way, let me put it this way. I said to shop I told him how much I was spending on horses, and I go, I get a nice car for that.
Speaker 2: He goes, what what? Pick one? Pick a car. You could drive a fucking Formula one for that. Go ahead, pick any car. There's no doubt.
Speaker 3: It's crazy how much I was a few weeks ago, I was down in South Texas hunting with Cold McCoy.
Speaker 2: Shout out the boy, Colt McCoy he took us on this hunting trip and we go. We go over year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we go every year on this annual hunt and it's always down in South Texas. But we were down this year and the guy who is in charge of the ranch and everything else, they got horses coming in late at night because he's like looking at him talking about the bloodline and how it costs this.
Speaker 2: Like I'm talking horses in the six figures. But those those are racing horses. Yeah, it's a whole different thing.
Speaker 3: And they're they're out there, you know, getting excited over the type of trailer that the horse is in and shit like it's like a cold.
Speaker 1: Drug testing for those horses is every bit as crazy as it is for any athlete.
Speaker 2: Do you what do you mean steroids? You say they're they're drug testing steroids to.
Speaker 1: But they're not even that just tested you You got those horses under when you got a thirty million, forty million, one hundred million dollar horse, I'm talking about that much. They're owned by kings, and those horses have armed guards watching them because they're afraid somebody's gonna steal them, somebody's gonna drug so that they lose the race. Somebody could give them steroids. You can't funk around with that. That's a whole different that's the sport of kings. But regular riding. If you want to ride around in a ring and jump once in a while, maybe show your horse, go to a little tournament and stuff like that. You know, just show up with the girls and just jump fucking poles and ship. Well, you can spend. You can spend what it would cost to run a.
Speaker 2: Ferrari every fucking year. Okay, that's wild crazy, But Nashville, maybe it'll be a little cheaper. That's yeah. Yeah, you're probably just trying to get like a show and I just want to ride on right.
Speaker 1: Horses are bringing in Nashville, everybody. I'm a horseman. Oh really, you got you know your horses? I don't know somebody who.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, lo Loss is connected. He's a he's a cop. You're a cop. Here you go, brother, he's a cop.
Speaker 3: He works night shifts and then he does it fits everything else, and I don't know how he does rest riding.
Speaker 1: Now, because I'm guilty of being all kinds happy, you might want to arrest me right now because I'm kilty.
Speaker 2: Man, fucking creepy, creepy shit dude. What was the draw in Nashville?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Who drew you into Nashville? Is the o Draft season is upon us white handing the Manscape bag. It's possible that you might have a little Trevor Lawrence haircutting your pants. That's why our partners at Manscape, the leaders in below the waiscreaming, have partner with us to make sure you don't gamble on shaving your balls the same way you like to gamble on football. For all my draft keeek, all of my draft geeks, we have an exclusive twenty percent off promo code busting at manscape dot com.
Speaker 2: Will your favorite team go defensive back in the first round? Not sure, but I am sure that with the lawnmower three point oh, you can get your D back. I love that.
Speaker 3: I love when you can get your D back. Look, this is this is my own personal Manscape lawnmoar three point oh. Got a little stuffer at the top. We're gonna go ahead and mark that off. Because of their Ramiic blade and skin safe technology, your nix and snags will be reduced. This is the perfect protection for your franchise quarter balls. I want you to look in the mirror. Do you see any nose or ear hairs dangling? Look fellas. Seventy nine percent of partners polled admitted that long nose hair is a major turnoff. The weed whacker, nose and ear hair trimmer is your solution. Why not use the best tools for the job.
Speaker 2: There, boys.
Speaker 3: Their performance package comes with a new and improved Lawnmore three point zero weed whacker, nose ear hair trimmer, performance boxer briefs, and a travel bag for you to use when you're done quarantining, and some other liquid formulations like the crop Preserver and the crop Reviver.
Speaker 2: I believe this is the crop reviver.
Speaker 3: The crop reviver, a little bowl, a little ball toner for your little boys, your little testes down below that gives you a little boost. For a limited time, subscribers get not one but two free gifts, the shed travel bag and pass and did high performance Anti chafing Manscape Boxer Briefs. I'll say that again. Get twenty percent off and free shipping with the code busting at manscape dot com. Twenty percent off free shipping code busting at manscape dot com. It's time to turn that team in your plants around the landscape.
Speaker 2: My buddies. You know, I have a podcast now called Big and Hungry. Yeah, yeah, yeah, talk about that. So Big and.
Speaker 1: Hungry is I do it with Steve Byrne, who's a great comic and he lives here, and so I was like, man, you know, and but also taxes.
Speaker 2: Also, I'm done with LA. Also, a lot of people are moving in Nashville.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a and you can get I mean what you can get cities growing, Yeah, for a third of what you pay in LA for a house is crazy. And I just like the idea that you have neighbors. And by the way, where I live, the homeless situation is so out of control. It's beyond what you can imagine. We got eighty six thousand homeless people in Los Angeles alone. Think about that for a second. You're talking about shantytowns, and because of the laws, the police are not allowed to move them anywhere. If you have a tent, it's your home. You can't even go in there without a search warrant.
Speaker 2: You can't go in homeless without a search a search warrant.
Speaker 1: And sometimes they're cooking meth. Cops can't do their job. They can't do their job. A guy can put up a tent right outside your house, and if there's enough room on the sidewalk, he can stay there, and they'll go your property values. And then his friend comes over and the cops. Cops go, there's nothing we can do. And that's the city council, a bunch of maniacs who don't live. They don't live in among the homeless. They got houses over there. They're like, well, homelessness isn't a crime. So meanwhile, it's mental illness and it's drug addiction. It's not a housing shortness.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it ain't.
Speaker 1: It's mental illness and it's drug addiction. Those people need help. They need help. But you can't have shanty towns on the fucking street.
Speaker 2: You can't have it. That's kill me. They kill me that I sound conservative. I'm sorry the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have no clue what goes on in California. Well, good, like you're like, I'm just listening, like just being educated on California.
Speaker 1: It's it used to be the greatest state in the world. Now it's like, look at everybody's flocking out of there. They're all like, let me get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 2: We show out here.
Speaker 1: I send him a video. I sent him a video of some houses and of of this this place called the station in Williams Town County or.
Speaker 2: Whatever Williamson County.
Speaker 1: Masks are now yeah, master, Now it's just like they're optional. And I was like, come on, bro, come on out, come on, huh.
Speaker 2: Down like the Franklin Brentwood area. Yeah, like a nice like a little quaint town. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to get to a point where I where I smoke a pipe and I wear a tweed jacket you know, older gentleman. But I'm tight. Still keep it tight. Yeah, I mean I'm gray, but I'll keep you busy, you know what I mean. I keep the ribs on me. I got heavy arms and a tight belly. You can you know what I'm saying, guys. And I never ever take a week off from doing a goblet squats, et cetera.
Speaker 2: I go deep. I go deep with my ax. Did you did you look?
Speaker 3: Did you look for gyms down there too? You're gonna got You're gonna gobble squad.
Speaker 1: The garage, brother, I got a garage. Do a little shits once in a while, maybe get into a boxing ring, move around a little bit. Get tagged up a little bit so I can understand distance. Keep it real, you know what I mean. Once in a while you might have to mix it up. And now I'm not a stranger in a strange land. I'm like been punched in the face last week. Let's fucking go. Now, if you played in the NFL, I'm probably gonna run away. And the problem with that is you're gonna catch me. That's what kills me.
Speaker 2: That says speed. You got some speed. I don't wanna. No, I love this four. That's very fast. It was a four or five six. That's very fast. Though.
Speaker 1: Now here's my here's my favorite. Here's my favorite civilian. Here's my favorite. This is my impression of every guy who played high school football. Ran a four to four in high school?
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 1: No, of course, not my buddy. My buddy said that to my buddy to Shop. He goes, I ran a four to four in high school, and Shop goes, no, you didn't, No, you didn't. I wasn't there, but I know you didn't. Yeah, no, no, I swear to God. He goes, yeah, I know, somebody holds stop Watch. Yeah, it was more of a four eight four nine.
Speaker 2: How about that. It's true. That is true. I mean handheld laser. It is true. My receivers run four to five.
Speaker 3: If you look mine up, it's a four. It's like a four to six four six two four six three laser.
Speaker 2: So you lied to me, said four.
Speaker 3: Well, so here's what happened, was sire, though, right, we could get Dobson on the phone. You guys know, if you guys have heard Adopson, he's a strength coach.
Speaker 2: We're knocking. We're not going to but if we did, you get my mom on the phone right now, and if we did.
Speaker 3: On Pro day, my mom, right now, I ran a four five six because I have the Nebraska line. I'm tied with the Nebraska linebacker record for our ten yard split. Jesus, one four to one. Jesus, you got.
Speaker 2: Speed, bro, that's quick. That's called quickness. It's a little different now. I don't know what I would be now, but your cat quick, yeah, cat quick? Yeah, keep going, yeah talking. That was the end of my story. Oh yeah, that was the end of my story. What was your vertical? Shit vertical is thirty two. But the vertical I very much hacked it as much as I could, Like I'm talking.
Speaker 3: You know, they try and measure you stand up tall, and they try and get your the tip top of the point of your hands right, and you're trying to you're trying to jam down your shoulder right like they're trying to yank it up, and you're like, oh, you know, my laborum, and so you're sitting there like this with it locked in so that way when you jump, like you got a couple more inches. I'm very much probably I was probably a twenty nine to thirty guy. No, yeah, thirty two is what I measured in at.
Speaker 2: But would you bench how many times you do to twenty five?
Speaker 3: Twenty four times? Yeah, there's the stuff right there. The dude, there's the stuff right there. How was you check the tape? Hey, check the tape.
Speaker 2: Oh, let me check the tape. How was the squad? My squad? My hand on my pants? Keep talking to me like that. What's the squad? Speak? Slow?
Speaker 3: My one my one rep max on squad got up to five hundred A lot of weight, dude, it's a lot. Not close to what you witness in the weight room. I'm talking bars bending, those bar bells bending.
Speaker 1: I asked Rich incognito, how much he's you met rich. Yeah, and I mean, so shake my hand, washed this, give me your hand, so so like you have you have a stroll. My fingers didn't go past I'm telling you, dude, see my fingers. He has that much more meat on his hand. And I was like, get the fund.
Speaker 2: I went, nice to hear you like that.
Speaker 1: And then I go, because I'm because I'm a little bit gay. I go, well, first of all, he's a silver back. He's a blonde silver back. You put him among a bunch of gorillas and the dominant males are going to challenge him, and they might lose, yes, and they're gonna have their handsful. Yes, And I go, what what do you squat? He goes, well, when I was squatting heavy, I probably got up to about eight.
Speaker 2: I believe it. Eight eight, I believe it.
Speaker 3: He was Uh, he was the heaviest hands I have felt. Okay, so you know, oh yeah, and I met him. It was a it was a bit of an exchange. He's kind of like showing me your six pack, lifted up my shirt, touch my stomach. He's a little jealous of that. He's like, feel mine. You know, I got a different kind of six pag yeah and.
Speaker 2: A shove around. Yeah, yeah, No.
Speaker 1: I saw him pick a man up over his head at the Playboy Man. I believe he threw the guy on his back. Guy was fucking with him, ye, pick him up and went like that, like like like for real.
Speaker 2: I believe it. I literally forbade him. I believe that. Give you a shove around.
Speaker 3: I was teammates with him in Oakland. Oh you were, Yeah, so I've seen that he was. But he's like thirty six thirty seven now, he's been playing a.
Speaker 2: Long time, long time, a long time, long time.
Speaker 3: And he is a top monster bro, but extremely heavy hands. I compare it like it's probably either him or Saffold. That time Saffold almost threw me into the stay.
Speaker 1: Hands the hands, and I don't I don't know if you can bring it up Jeron curse remember the freaking yeah. Let me say let me say this right now, nobody, nobody's ever seen hands like this.
Speaker 2: I was talking to him.
Speaker 1: He would recognize me. So I'm all a giddy, right, I'm with my wife at the time. My wife, my wife her DNA. Something kicked in and she went like this. I just heard her go, your hands and I'm like, you're started ovulating.
Speaker 2: I was like hey, hey, hey, and.
Speaker 1: Fucking hands up against his hand and I immediately began producing estrogen and I and.
Speaker 2: I went and I was like, I was literally, I mean, he's even got photos of him doing that like it in my life. I've never seen him like it. I've never got bigger there you able to uh.
Speaker 1: Well, they're spiders. Well, I mean they're You've never seen anything like it.
Speaker 3: It's the they have all these measurements though, from when you do the combine and stuff like that, so they have like hand size and everything that butest thing I've ever.
Speaker 2: Seen in my life. And he was two sixty running out well eleven point six there you go. Yeah, yeah, my mind was like, yeah, yeah, let's round it up. Let's round it.
Speaker 1: Given him a foot because he was probably doing what you were doing where he was jacking his fucking yeah, he was jacking his knuckles. He stretching all the way. When you have hands that big, you're lazy about it. You and I'd be like this, we'd be stretching as much as I cut the skin here, yeah, to get a little more length, like just to get that draft, just to get drafted dude. But for him, he's like what huh, he's what you go ahead, yeah, we'll give it, We'll give it a foot.
Speaker 2: Where'd you meet him at? I was at a premiere. I mean you you've you've lived out in California, you probably. I mean it's like a way of life out there.
Speaker 1: You see famous people all the time, which is kind of weird, is it. Well, it's weird when you when you like, I did a thing with Tom Cruise and I kept staring.
Speaker 2: At flex what's that? Flex? Flex? What do you mean you just flexed? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll drop names of it. I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, McCoy the quarterback, and like, yeah, yeah, that's a big deal. Yeah, but I'll get crazy. I'll get crazy, and you don't get me. Don't get me started on names. I mean, you want to flexuck, give me a straighter and some oil. I gotta take I gotta take the hair down so you can see what I'm really working with.
Speaker 2: But fucking you're looking at Tom Cruise.
Speaker 1: I just kept staring at his head. We're doing a reading in this room with only six other people, and I kept looking at his head. I just he had a small head. But he was beautiful. He's a beautiful He's like somebody I had grown up watching. He's the biggest movie starting in the world.
Speaker 2: I kept being like, I was like, I'm fucking doing this with Tom Cruise. Yeah. I wasn't over it. It was a big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like you know that kind of stuff, is like it's it's and then I had to get myself together.
Speaker 2: I'm like, just do the fuck. It's like, I wasn't over it. I was.
Speaker 3: We were talking about the other day. I always have this saying, like, what would my ten year old self think of the way I act around certain people? Because I'll get like joked on and stuff because I want to I like want to meet or shaken, like, yo, let's get a photo or something. I'm like, yo, I want to make my young ten year old self proud because he would be stoked for me right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: When you grow up with certain people like I grew up with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Sugar Ray Leonard. I grew up with these people, and I was at Stallone's. I was standing there talking to Arnold Stallone, Sugar Ray Leonard, and I think Michael Strahan was there or something, and Guy Fieri's in the kitchen cooking, standing there. I'm standing there and I'm and oh, and I'm sorry. Did I mention that al Pacino came strolling up? So now I'm like, I grew up with these people. For people who are younger, they don't know that's these are legends.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm sitting there and I'm just I'm like, and I'm trying to get a story in because I got ship they're gonna be interested in, right, Oh, let me tell you my story. So I'm trying to get a little just trying to have an Imprintuse I'm a loser and I'm still not over this and I'm talking.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm like, oh, so this is one of the times you're driving home You're like, I blew it?
Speaker 1: Oh dude, yeah, oh no. The best part is I'm standing there going yeah, and I'm trying to oh, yeah, me too, And I haven't I have a story about that, you know, I'm trying to get in like a fucking like a loser, okay. And Bill Burr walks by with a cigar and he goes, you've been here over an hour, get over it and.
Speaker 2: Just keep walking. I'm like, you're right, I'm a loser. You see.
Speaker 3: Brian like started to bringing us fun. Hey you mind, Hey guys, let's get let's just do the group photo.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. I think all of the ones one, Like, let's just get the group photo.
Speaker 1: Let's say, yeah, these guys want one. I get a tattoo to my chest.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about uh, the new podcast Big and Hungry and then Fighter and the Kid, Like, what are the things you're you're getting? Because I follow the Fighter and the Kids very closely, and you've been going back on is it like?
Speaker 2: Are you going back? Like is Brian back on? The Fighter? Could explain the dynamic ore.
Speaker 1: We'll see, you know, it's still a dicey subject. It's still a thing where this is a different kind of world nowadays. So what I'm doing is I'll pop in and Brennan and I maybe we're talking about maybe doing something eventually, you know, kind of there's the Brennan and I are very close and we have a lot to do, right and so that I'll just say that.
Speaker 2: People haven't heard the last of us. I don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yet in the meantime, I'm doing Big and Hungry and I got a conspiracy social club with the Great Sam Tripoli. It's on Patreon. But that motherfucker he's a conspiracy guy. Yeah, and he just he just goes off and I like to debunk the conspiracies. And every time I start talking about how I don't believe this, he's like, white girl, white girl, don't go in there, you know how, Like he's like, how black guys in the movie theater, like why girl, White Girl's like, I'll go into this dark room, you know, And every time I try to do that, he's like, what gy And so he's he's so deep in conspiracies and I don't believe in conspiracies. So it's great because and it was just this idea that actually shab came up with and he's like, just you guys, you should you because it started with Eddie Bravo on the when we do the fight Companion and he probably be going deep and I'd be like, I don't buy it, you know, I don't believe it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I think Islamic extremists did nine to eleven fucked that inside job, Like oh god, you know, you yell yeah, So it's always it's it's fun to do so so for that that takes up a lot of time, right and then but I got plans, we got we got some plans.
Speaker 3: What's the uh, what's the Patreon world like? Because the only way the I followed the Patreon world more so like when we were signing with barstool, and then you're kind of seeing the big moves like with Spotify, and now you see Joe Buddley Spotify, go the Patreon, go the Patreon route, and now he's kind of trying to be like a catapult for the Patreon round.
Speaker 1: Patroon is good and I and I love what they've done for us. But Vimeo is the hosting thing. And so when Sam talks about certain conspiracies, we get taken down from Vimeo because they have a very strict policy against what they would consider disinformation, misinformation, and malinformation. So if you start talking about conspiracies in a certain way, they have a very strong policy, and so they they will. So the problem with that is that it's very interesting because you're dealing One of the challenges we're going to have as podcasters is that big tech does in many ways, they have a responsibility. Now you can go and where another you know, but they they tend to the challenge for big tech is that I do think they probably have a bias, just like I think a lot of journalists have a bias, and journalists have a bias, and big tech are a bias because they tend to be more left wing than they are a right wing or more left than center, because they come from parts of the country that tend to.
Speaker 2: Be more like big cities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the big cities. They tend to be educated that way. So there's going to be without you know, as a human being, you're going to have an ideological bet.
Speaker 2: We all do.
Speaker 1: And I think what happens then is you say, well, how do I make the world a better place? How do I make the world a safer place? And there tends to be this thing where it's like, if somebody's talking about how the election is fraudulent or masks are not effective, there are people who go, wait a minute, that's you're spreading information that's not true that can cause damage. So I have to I have to censor you right now. Whether that's right or wrong, I'll leave up to history and I'll leave up to people. I have a problem with it, but but I do sympathize also with an issue they have with people using their platforms to spread harmful information.
Speaker 2: Right, So I don't know what to do. I'm not in that position.
Speaker 1: But what's interesting is that when you're on Patreon and there's that threat looming, or you're.
Speaker 2: Censoring yourself without realizing it.
Speaker 1: There are other technologies that come along, like this this company called rockfin that works on bitcoin.
Speaker 2: You can do anything you want on rock Finn.
Speaker 1: I think I heard of that Locals. You can do anything you want, play Matthew's on Locals. That's owned by Dave Rubin. So there are certain platforms where you can just say anything, and I think that's the future. I think the future is we need competition. You can't have big tech.
Speaker 2: Owning all means of information. You can't.
Speaker 1: You can't have Amazon if Amazon has that much power. And now apparently Bezos says there are some books he's just not going to allow to be printed. Okay, there's some books he's just not gonna Well, no publisher is gonna fucking fuck with you. If Jeff Bezos isn't going to carry your book on Amazon.
Speaker 2: There's no money.
Speaker 1: That is a form of censorship. That is a form of book burning, and I'm huge. I have a big problem with that. So if you have the powers that be, they can turn you off anonymously. When you get your accounts suspended, you don't know who did it, and you don't have a reason. They just say you violate our practices and you're turned off. I've seen this happen, we all have. I worry about that kind of power when it's anonymous, when it's not accountable, And I think what's going to happen is you either. I think we're going to have to innovate our way out of that problem. What I love about the marketplace is that there are people who are very smart who are going to go, if you don't like that platform, come over here and we'll let you be totally free. And I think what happened with Parlor and what happened when they suspended the New York Post twitter feed because they broke that story about Hunter Biden was people were like, dude, that's scary, man, that's scary because not everybody on Parlor was an extremist. So now what you know, now it's like, well, I don't want that to happen. Americans hate that shit. Americans should hate that stuff. It's like, wait a minute, man, you're telling me what I can and can't listen to, you know, And it's I mean, they took the most powerful man in the world and turned them off. They took Donald Trump and it with a cyber assassination. I'm not a fan of that, guys. He annoys the ship out of me in a lot of ways. But but we do have a country now where the president and that what he tried to make like some Snapchat or some well probably he's trying to come up with his own Trump media. But look, you've got Apple, you've got Google, you've got Facebook, You've got you know, Microsoft, You've got you've got these very these players that have way too much power. We all are. We all depend on Twitter, We all depend on on these companies because our money depends on it. If you get deplatformed, it's.
Speaker 2: A major problem.
Speaker 1: You can't pay your mortgage, you can't you can't feed your kids, you can't send your kids to school. You have to sell your house and move and your kids have to go to a different state or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you do.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a very dangerous thing. If you can be deplatformed for saying something that you believe, and it could be something like I believe in the biological differences between men and women. If you say that, if you say that on certain platforms, you can be taken off YouTube, you can be taken off these things. I don't think that's good for the freedom of expression. I don't think that's good for democracy. I don't think that's good for our country, don't. I think it's fundamentally anti American. I worry very much about that. So what I think the answer is that you need competition, you need alternatives. You know, I don't want to have to rely on these huge players. They have outsized amounts of power. And this is going to bore the fuck out of everybody who's younger on Barswell, but I'm gonna say this John Stuart Mill he talked about why freedom of speech is so important. Freedom of speech is so important because if you believe something, you have to allow other people to speak their mind, because first of all, they might make you uncomfortable. But what happens when they make you uncomfortable is that you might change your mind. The only way we change our mind is if somebody comes in with a better argument that actually changes your heart and mind. Somebody shakes the foundation on which you think your truth is on. Okay, they come up with a better argument, They beat your idea with a better idea, and you go, I never thought of it that way. That's how I changed my mind. That's how I always changed my mind. Somebody smarter, somebody who just has a different perspective comes along, and somebody did it on the left, somebody did it like Mike Lewis's book The Fifth Risk, basically talking about how a lot of what we do in this country is socialist. I mean, like how we need government. I rely on government and I don't even know how. It was an eye opener for me. I was embarrassed. Dude, I talk about being a you know, a libertarian. I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. I don't know how government works.
Speaker 2: It took me. I'm fifty four, No.
Speaker 1: Way, you look so much younger, but fifty four we said that. But the point is at fifty four, I had to learn that that that I actually that government does all. I don't know anything about government. It was embarrassing, and I'm full of opinions, and I'm I'm a libertarian.
Speaker 2: Are you bright in every way? In every way?
Speaker 1: Because apparently I don't know what the fuck the Department of Energy, Department of Agriculture, Department of Commerce does. But I rely on all of it, and so does this country. So there are a lot of government bureaucrafts. So there's a lot of things I don't know until I read something and it gives me an argument, and it changes my mind, changes my perspective. And the reason you need freedom of speech is because you have to allow other people. First of all, they might change your mind. Okay, they might make you uncomfortable, they might make you angry, but they might change your mind or they say something that you don't agree with, and it just strengthens the foundation that you live upon. It reminds you of how your.
Speaker 2: Position is actually the truth. When you can bias or not even biased, maybe it confirms the truth.
Speaker 1: So you need pushback, You need people with different ideas to test and play devil's advocate. And the way you deal with free speech is not censorship. It's with more free speech. Even free speech you dislike.
Speaker 2: That's my thing.
Speaker 1: But that's John Stuart Mill.
Speaker 2: What does he know? He's not smart at all. Yeah, so Patreon, Uh that was the bathroom back. Everybody's like, I'm going to bathroom dude. I was into it. I know Alex was. Alex is into that kind of ship, but uh.
Speaker 1: Alex is an educated man. You're a reader. Got a good head of hair on you, bro? He does that, and I'll tall you, bro. You look like I guess the length of bone six two?
Speaker 2: Damn right you are? He played ball? He played baseball. You played baseball? D one yeah, D one as well? You played D one? Yeah, I'm sorry for not knowing that. That's okay. Did you play at Bryant University? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I see you differently Bryant Bryant University. Are they D one D one or they D one double?
Speaker 1: A hey, come on man, hey, okay, what happened?
Speaker 2: D one D one? We went to two regionals while I was there? Okay, there you go. Okay, composition shortstop and then pitcher.
Speaker 1: Shortstop and pitcher. That's impressive. You went to n H right, I sure did.
Speaker 2: Where did? Where were you living up there?
Speaker 1: I was in I went to I was a school so I lived on campus from fourteen until eighteen.
Speaker 2: My parents threw me away. Don't worry about it. Yeah. I had buddies who wonder Starry Arabia. What's that? My friends who went.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, I saw you were all over the world when I checked your little Wikipedia Patriots second until fourteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go pro and football? Yeah, I bet yeah I didn't. I didn't didn't learn the game really.
Speaker 2: Right, right, you weren't in it soon enough. But I got grit. Yeah, open my chest up.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: You find? A fucking lion heart? Yeah? Doctors like, what the fuck is this guy? He's got a lion heart?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he was. He was like, yeah, you know, I played football when I was fourteen. It's like once he gets like, he's like in, he's like, yeah, let's go play. Let's go see what this is about. Yeah, oh what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, these guys are hitting you would run at I was like, Jesus Christy, I'm not good with that stuff.
Speaker 3: Did you see that video going around? It's like, uh, I tweeted about it yesterday. It's like it's like wrestling basketball.
Speaker 2: I've seen that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like they're playing basketball, but they're wrestling tackle basketball. Yeah, one dude's got the ball, right and he's trying to like advance it down down the court and stuff. And then just off to the side, you see two dudes just going at it. Dude, for no reasons. That's Dagistan. Don't ever fight a dude with a chin strap for a beard, Okay, don't do it. They gotta they gotta far ahead that they got, they got they never lose their hair, and they got a chin straft for a beard, and they believe in God and they don't fight, and they've been training since they were one dead ship right there, Dude, just a bunch of wrestlers trying to play basket.
Speaker 2: Basically, he doesn't even have the ball.
Speaker 1: He's just like, hey, fuck you man, dude, My my buddy, my buddy is a is a military guy, and well he's a he works with the coument. He's an Iserbaijan and Jean is right in your uh Dagistan and they the m m A is a national sport. These guys are all wrestlers. Look at can't wait to grab each other. But yeah, like there's somebody has a ball and you got guys are hugging. Yeah, you got four sets of dudes just going at Well, this is what happens when homosexuality is illegal and country You're like, let's play basketball in single letts and we fucking gotta grab each other and hold each other until you can't move.
Speaker 2: Fuck the ball post my I'm straight, I'm straight. Oh you smell good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's the that's the thing too, Like mouse on your neck, my mouth on your neck. Can they not shoot the ball? It doesn't Well he went and did a layup like it seems like they can't shoot unless they're in the game.
Speaker 1: And he's got him around the waist and he's holding on on them. The other guys trying to post him out. Post him out by by perk would be hilarious. Of a ref just comes in and calls clasping. You know, it's just out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: You dominating the sport?
Speaker 3: You would you'd go in there, and I mean, I'm sure, I'm sure I could dominate this. Whether this isn't a sport that I would want to do. Yeah, like I quit wrestling. Yeah, you're like I told my parents up to sixth grade, like, hey, I don't want to do this anymore. And then because my brother he was really good at it. So it was like when football season going, I had the attention. When wrestling he was going, Cody had the attention. He was always horse to state.
Speaker 2: Yeah Cody, he's yeah, national champion, state champion.
Speaker 3: And wrestling was just it's a difficult sport, bro, You live like this high for three four months out of the year unless you do it all year around and then travel and do all that stuff. But and then in high school I had to wrestle my junior year because I didn't go out for baseball. Like when I said I was going to go out for baseball, I decided to do football all year round. And my parents were basically pissed at me and said whenever football was over, I had to either wrestle or I was grounded all of winter sports.
Speaker 2: So I wrestled my junior year. Yeah, I love your parents. Yeah, so I think that's my son. My son lied.
Speaker 1: My my ex thing's have hard on him. My son, he lied. I go, why'd you lie? He goes, I, Eh, why did you lie? Because it's in my nature? Okay, oh really really, I go, cool, tell you what I'm gonna grab a workout in the garage. In the cement garage, kind of cold on your feet, you're in bare feet, very cool. I'm gonna have to I'm gonna need you to stand and just watch me. I made him stand, just stand in the fucking gym while I in my gross while I worked out. That was this punishment and said I'm tired. I go, yeah, I know you're a liar, so you're gonna stand until the lie leaves you. So you said to stay and watch you work out. That's right, dude, and I gotta work out it. And now it was probably twenty five minute workout. I was gonna say, well, it was the word eternity for a nine year old. He's like, dude, I'm so bored. I'm like, yeah, I know, and I hate that you lied to me.
Speaker 2: Blaytant. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if it's your nature, got to make you stand on colts men until it leaves your nature.
Speaker 2: What kind of workouts are you doing these days? Well, well, let's put it this way. I confuse my central nervous system. Bro.
Speaker 1: I ay, I'm flipping tires sometimes. Maybe I wear a fucking waited vest and I do some pull ups, you know what. I mean, maybe some days I don't do Wait, maybe some days I do goblet squats and I go right in the dips and then I go right in the pull ups.
Speaker 2: You never know with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I'll roll around on a mat with somebody once in a while, or just hit mints and then glove up and put on a helmet in a mouthpiece and let the guy bag me up a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I sound so fucking macho, dude.
Speaker 1: It's funny. It's like when you're a high school athlete.
Speaker 3: You're and you never made it, and you're surrounded by all the all the dudes that you surround yourself. I'm like, I'm like, what kind of workouts are you doing it? It's like, all right, he's trying to chirt me right now, let's wear some heat.
Speaker 2: I was doing.
Speaker 1: I was deadlifting I don't get embarrassed off and shob and Tim Tebow walked in and I was deadlifting.
Speaker 2: One for did you hit the knee? Did you hit a knee? Did you hit a t bow? Hit a knee?
Speaker 1: I didn't hit a knee, but I was looking at my left arm, which looked like it belonged in what belongs a on a female ballet dancer. I mean, it's just so sad, thin Mark and I'm deadlifting and they walked in and I I got embarrassed.
Speaker 2: I stopped deadlifting. I stopped.
Speaker 1: I went, ah, I'm done, I'm done with my workout. And then I did do more pull ups than both of them. I hope they hear that too, because I did. Yeah, is this at the new gym that Brendan's talking about how he when he goes.
Speaker 2: To burn like four or five years ago. Okay, okay, this is back in the day. I got you. I got you. I thought you're dead.
Speaker 1: He's gorilla strong. He's Brendon strong. Like there's and then there's no well yeah, tebo two, but there's strong, and there's Brendan like like let that dude.
Speaker 2: Oh, Brennan's strong like that. He'll carry one.
Speaker 1: Hundred pounds in each hand for six minutes, so he yeah, he's got to go. I watched him deadlift. I watched him take five fifty on the crossbar, five point fifty and uh he he. He did ten reps, ten reps. He could have talked to me through him. Ten reps and then he did ten sets of ten reps. So he did one hundred with five fifty. I saw that with my own fucking eyes. Okay, and his brother told me that he got in trouble with Jim because when he was deadlifting, for way, he was but be bending the bar.
Speaker 2: Okay, he was be bending the bar. So damn that is ship really long palms, does he He's a freak? Yeah? I mean he he was.
Speaker 3: I mean he was in he was in MMA. Like those dudes have different strength, grip strength, you know what I'm saying. Like Cody was like Cody's like one seventy. He wrestled at like one fifty, one fifty six whatever the is called. Yeah he's small, No he didn't. And uh, but he could deadlift as much as me. He could do all this all this stuff where you could pull any pulling movement. He was just a monster at it because they just have a different kind of grip.
Speaker 2: You're in a bar, you don't want to fight your brother. No, did you see that? Okay, did you see that Oklahoma football player getting to a fight with that MMA guy? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, got knocked out. He's a different language. Ball Players always got to learn the hard way going up against wrestlers, or your hands.
Speaker 1: Are gonna be down and he's gonna not he's gonna put his hand on your chin. You're gonna go to sleep. Yeah, the football different thing. You can tackle?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, what right?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: What do that to a jiu jitsu? I was very comfortable on his back.
Speaker 1: Watch how long it takes before he tappened, because you'll just fucking take your ankle. You got big arms, school, I'm gonna get your ankle. You mind if I just I'm gonna wedget here and just pop your and is that cool? Let's pop your knee. They can do all kinds of weird ship. You don't even what's happening. You're like, huh, but boxers are even worse.
Speaker 2: Or muay Thai guys, how did you get in all the fighting stuff? Because just from wrestling or just like being pussy, don't like being small. I gotta stand up for yourself. I don't want to be I've never wanted to be bullied. That's why I was.
Speaker 1: I realized right away when I became a wrestler and I got a little little bit good at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the football players didn't fuck with me because I.
Speaker 1: Was like, you know, oh, so you were solid. It was a mentality. I don't know if I was solid, but you know you said you got good.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, you know, keep you busy. You know what I'm saying that I went to Dan Gables Wrestling Cam in Iowa. I did, kept them busy, ask him, ask me, always did again. I met him halfway.
Speaker 2: So you're about to do a live pot at seven. Yeah, I gotta yeah, look at this ship? Yeah, zanies. Yeah. In Hungry podcast, you said you recorded one earlier today too. Is that one to kind of backlog? You know what I mean? Like, yeah, we're.
Speaker 1: Backlogging because because I'm in I'm in l A and he's in Nashville, So we just stack him and I'm gonna be here a lot so.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad you're coming. Dude. Do you think do you think you're going to be set up here? Yeah? Yeah, we got to get Brennan out here. Brendan, you got to get out the Nashville bro.
Speaker 3: Now Theo's out here. When they were on, I was kind of I was kind of poking the bear. I was trying to poke the bear and I'm like, hey, THEO.
Speaker 2: Why don't. Why doesn't Brennan come here? You got king of this thing? Now you bring the boys bag. I just guess on this podcast. It just did.
Speaker 1: He's so funny dude. So he's such an original and I made him cry the last episode we did You're Welcome, I did this past weekend.
Speaker 2: And he's deep. He gets it. He goes deep too. He's a special dude. He's an original. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we got the you got your guys set up. Brennan like, we might as well start turning that l a scene into the New Nashville site.
Speaker 2: I just love this. This is incredible. This bus. Yeah, we uh, this was definitely Taylor.
Speaker 3: The bus was Taylor because when they showed me the bus, I was like, how are we gonna get all the equipment and everything? I was more starting at nos so when we know, no, no, no, When we found the bus it was Brennan was at the first spot that we were at. We're just in a in a back parking lot. We had this production Uh, these production guys that wanted to who are doing it with us? And one of the guy's jew shout out juice. He showed us a picture of a bus.
Speaker 2: Would you guys being doting on a bus and I was like me personally, no, but I know when Taylor shows up and sees this, he will want to go full he'll want to go full send. Yeah, I know he was. He was bummed bro that he couldn't be here, and he's like, I get it though, like we we gotta do it. We have to have been Dude, you yeah strong, you want to ask me questions like that?
Speaker 3: Dude, he's I mean, three time pro bowler, one of the best left tackles in the game.
Speaker 2: But he's not fat, not fat. He's sixteen percent. That's crazy, Yeah it is. And he is he working with the record he's that's that. I don't know, but I would say he's more of a grower than a show. You've not seen it. I haven't seen that. I haven't seen the growth. No. I got to see what he's working with because I got to see because otherwise, when you're in the showers that we've been in, like you see you're standing next to the old lineman. You know what I'm saying. You see some guys, Yeah, you see some stuff. You see you see some dicks, Yeah, you see some ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're well, there are guys.
Speaker 2: We're well, we're well versed in the uh in the meat peaking game. Dude. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, you'll have to you'll have to come back and we'll have to do it again in the locker room. Amazing, guys.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Yeah, Derek Henry, great run like this is this is great too, yeah yeah yeah, oh but yeah, man, I appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 2: I know you got to show and stuff, so I appreciate having you having me here, you guys. So yeah, I'm stoked. Man, this is there. Uh, this is where.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah, we changed our comes me an amount of rasca. I think we're almost sold out though. Amount of rasca November no March eleven, twelve thirteen, and then I'll be in Haunsville, Alabama, an hour and a half away from here, March twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven.
Speaker 3: I think you might hit some Nebraska people since you know corn Huskers. Oh yeah yeah, so people hearing this will probably all right.
Speaker 2: So you guys come out Omaha, and then I'll be in this limited capacity.
Speaker 1: It sucks, but oh really yeah, but I think there's some tickets left and then Haunsvielle, Alabama, Liberty.
Speaker 2: Love, We are you performing at in Omaha? Stand Up Life? What's that? Where you at in Omaha? Okay? Funny boom. I watched what arena was that? I watched Tash when he was like in his God damn, he's funny in the game. He doesn't. It doesn't seem like he does a whole lot as much now so rich. But Daniel Tosh, dude, he was a whole fucking hilarious.
Speaker 1: The two people have come up to as a comic and I some people say, I do okay, right, pretty funny, Okay, but I've.
Speaker 2: Been doing it a long time. Yeah, and so you're not gonna impress you know what I'm saying? Yeah, me to comedy wise, he'd be busy. I can't understand you remember me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, there's nobody I can't and I'm not gonna not nobody. I'm gonna be nervous about following, right, right. But Daniel Tosh and Kat Williams were two people I walked up to and I didn't know Daniel, and I went, you're you might be the best comic in the world, and he goes, it's not true. I go, no, it is true, and I know the difference. He goes, no, it's really not true, but I appreciate that. I go, no, you're amazing. Like and I was established six years ago, seven years ago, I was like pretty well established. And I'm like, no, you're amazing and you're the best. He's like, no, that's really not true. You know, he's such a mission throat he could care less, but he's awesome. And then uh, and I said. Same with Kat Williams. I didn't know him, but I watched him and I went, well, you're incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm he might have known who I was. I don't know, but it doesn't matter. I was like, well, you're amazing. You're better than me, which I never say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still don't believe it. Yeah, Daniel, did you do you guys? Do you guys know who Daniel touches? So I just never know the difference, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And age I'm like, yeah, oh thirty one, bro, I'm the guy who's old. I fuck it, I'm so old. We had we had rotary phones for real, rotary phones, Like I remember when the internet was like when Gmail was like, what is that? I remember when Rogan was the first person to ever be on the Internet and he showed me a video of a Japanese guy shitting into another guy's mouth.
Speaker 2: I said it, oh, and he.
Speaker 1: Was throwing off, going wait look he put it and he was just watching and I'm like, what am I watching?
Speaker 2: He's he's like he when they're just like when they just like webcams and ship then I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but he had a huge computer room and I was like, oh, so that's hold him.
Speaker 2: He's like, this is going to be the thing, and You're like, okay, yeah, And I was like, oh, I don't know what the internet is. Yeah, I didn't even have a fucking computer. Yeah. Yeah, Well, I appreciate you, bro, this was awesome. Yeah. You know what too, Let's get a photo.
Speaker 3: Guys, gals, people of all ages appreciate you so much for tuning in to another episode of Busting with the Boys. If you haven't yet, please subscribe to the episode on Apple, podcast, Spotify, whatever platform you're on.
Speaker 2: We're on there.
Speaker 3: We have a YouTube channel, Busting with the Boys. We would love if you subscribe there as well. If you are subscribed and you want to be more for the Boys on subscribe and resubscribe. Again it sounds funny, it's stupid and kind of obnoxious, but all of your subscriptions and resubscribing and stuff, it helps in these little algorithm games for climbing charts. Because again, we're very organic, you guys. Where we're at, it's because of you guys, So we like to keep it fucking organic and just from.
Speaker 2: Us and us versus the world. But we really do. We really appreciate your guys and support. A few of you had.
Speaker 3: Questions about merchandise. You can go Our merchandise story is on barstools Com. Go over to shop and we are under the brand Busting with the Boys. You can find all of our gear there. We restart constantly. Now, if you guys have any ideas, shout us out. If you guys buy the gear, shout us out. We really do love and you guys talk back to us, add us, mention us, put us on your stories, tag us all that fun stuff and like grabbing that stuff and putting it on our YouTube episodes, and again we just love it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: We love you guys.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you so much.
Speaker 3: Keep being for the fucking boys. Keep being a Wolf, the biggest of hugs and tiniese of kisses. We love you, we appreciate you. Tune in next week for another episode of Busting with the Boys