Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to and That's what you Really miss podcast. It is the episode It's a fever dream, A good fever dream. We have Joey Fatone on the podcast today.
Speaker 1: Come on in Sync, we gotta they gotta get back together. I can't.
Speaker 3: I'm manifesting this announcement like the Backtor Boys announced that they're doing this fear. I'm manifesting in Sync getting back together so we can go to all of these shows.
Speaker 2: I have tried my hardest to get info out of JC, his manager Lance. They are a steel trap well and Jenna, I don't know it, talks about it in the in the podcast.
Speaker 1: So you gotta you know what I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Joey gave the most info and I believe him. Yeah, so we asked about that and we're honestly just trying to play cool the whole time because you know how much we love in Sync and it's.
Speaker 3: Joey and he's so nice. They're all such nice, human, kind kind people, and you know what that gets you far? Yeah, that does get you far, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: That's sure.
Speaker 1: It is so well.
Speaker 2: Without further ado, another member of in Sync on the podcast, This is Joey Fatone.
Speaker 1: How's it going?
Speaker 4: Whoa?
Speaker 5: How are we doing?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: Good? How you doing crazy?
Speaker 5: Running around as ever? But it's good. It's in New York City.
Speaker 2: We know how crazy that theater schedule can be. So thank you for taking the time to h from my god, I don't know how you're doing it. How is it? How does it feel?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: What's not the first time you've done this?
Speaker 6: No, it's not my first rodeo. I mean we've it's been many moons, did it of course? Two thousand and three, say, I did Rent and Little Shoppahars as well on Broadways, and it's been over twenty years since I've been back. But it's it's awesome. I mean people don't really really sometimes realize, you know, the.
Speaker 5: Grind of it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's it's not no, it's it's.
Speaker 6: An interesting groundhog day, if you will, Because you're constantly doing eight shows a week. You got one day off, which is right now my Monday, and I do two shows Saturday, two shows Sunday. We have a mat on Wednesday. In the in the thick of it, now Week three is week four.
Speaker 5: Now, I think it's starting.
Speaker 1: You're in the beginning of it.
Speaker 2: The yeah, does it feel good? Do you feel like you got it in your bones?
Speaker 5: It's getting there, it's getting there.
Speaker 6: It's it's a few times where you know, you think you feel confident, and all of a sudden your brain turns to crap and words come out of your mouth that you have no idea what that you're saying.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 2: At least you know all these songs though, right, imagine you know they they correct.
Speaker 6: They're they're they're interesting, near and dear to my heart, not so not so dear, I would say, but very near as far as yeah, I sing a bunch of battreet Boys songs and actually.
Speaker 5: Do a yeah. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 6: It's like the one instinct song that's not if it's in it that I don't sing it, but it's how you've sung it.
Speaker 5: And I enjoyed the song that too. That yeah. True, they're bangers, though they're bangers.
Speaker 6: Those actually songs are seriously I do a shape in my heart everybody, and then I also do a.
Speaker 5: Mashup of.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, I gotta think of the songs teenage Dream and they get a pretty well. I gotta think of the songs now my brain goes everywhere. Yeah, teenage Dream and something else. I forget it to mash up. But yeah, it's it's been. Honestly, it has been a blast. I've been having a really good time. Everybody's great, the cast is great. Never met Charlie Dmilian two. We started doing the show together. She's a sweetheart. She's in the show as well. Just everybody in the cast. I mean, it's just been seriously, really a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: It's been. It's I'm having so much fun that I hopefully I'm telling you guys this right now.
Speaker 6: Don't tell anybody, but I hopefully may extend or may do it long.
Speaker 2: That's a good sign.
Speaker 1: Is Drew's still in it right now.
Speaker 5: Drew is still in it. Yep, yep, yep. Drew's still there.
Speaker 6: Alison's there as well, playing and it's great again. It's it's unbelievable. My son Nathan was really funny. Nathan, who plays Francois, we were talking. I was like, hey, so how old are you He's like twenty five. I'm like great, I said, you actually are a year older than my daughter.
Speaker 5: Is my daughter in March.
Speaker 6: So it is a reality of me that I'm actually playing dad parts and it really I am a dad.
Speaker 5: So it's really weird, but I'm accepting it. I'm accepting it, you know, lean exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, people love do it. My friend Philippe was in that show for three years until October, and he was sad even after three years, he was sad, Yeah, to leave it. It just sounds like a really great group of people.
Speaker 5: You know, it is everybody is there.
Speaker 6: You know, everybody got your back on that kind of thing, and everybody wants to see it win, you know.
Speaker 5: I think that's why a lot.
Speaker 6: Of those, especially those kind of shows, are shows in general like that really come together there and really go far when the whole cast and everybody is one hundred percent, you know, any of.
Speaker 5: You see it and you sense it. I don't know why.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you could feel sometimes maybe maybe a little bit disconnect if something happens oway but a lot, you know, majority shows you.
Speaker 5: Wanted to win.
Speaker 6: But there's you know, something special about Angeuliette.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I think because maybe he goes.
Speaker 6: In the music Shakespeare and it's the play within a play and doing Romeo Jiet So it's it's adorable.
Speaker 2: I think you also have like it makes me feel happy as a Max Martin nerd that you have something that like people appreciate his music as much as I do, and that like the show has been so successful for so long here and in the West End, and I feel like you have the most specific, unique perspective because you were there right at the beginning of the birth of like Max Martin the Greatest All the Time, one.
Speaker 6: Of the one of the last closer to the last songs that Dennis Pop did with Max, which was I watched back uh and and and like bye bye bye and uh bye bye bye, then tear to My Heart and them they did with Christian London. But yeah, kind of interesting to see that legacy which where Dennis Pop was literally almost basically handing Max that torch. When Dennis passed away, Max obviously had the formula and and and ran with it, which is it's amazing how he gets.
Speaker 5: Music, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: It's truly is amazing, the way the hooks on, how they just drive certain things in the waste sometimes even you know, people always go, oh, well that's a you know, it's a Backstreet Boys song, or that's an Instant song, and that's a Britney song. It's like, yeah, listen to the sounds. They're very similar to some of the things that formula is there, but yet he comes up with different hooks and he comes up with those little different b hooks that just big it, you know, takes it over the top and the and a lot of the you know, the the the low ends that he hits on there.
Speaker 5: It's great.
Speaker 6: I mean again, it's he's a he is a uh a pop genius, I would say, you know in that sense, and like you say, you know, since.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean, do you feel any of that when you're doing the show that look at the breadth of his work. There's so many different artists from so many different decades. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's amazing about it too is the different you know, even though it's all pop music, the different stylistics of what he does and actually pertains to a lot of the artists in general. But you know, with the music and these songs, of course, you know, with the with the script itself, it's so woven, very very well, very clever. A lot of the songs that go into it. You know, there's one scene if people haven't seen a Juliette, I'm gonna give one thing away. I think it's kind of funny where one, you know, Juliette is talking to somebody and she's like, you know, well, here's the thing. We started out as friends, and that's the song starting into his story.
Speaker 5: But it's since you've been gone, so.
Speaker 6: It's again, it's really funny and clever how certain things.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: Again, I'm doing the scene with Francois, I'm pouring my heart out the song I'm singing.
Speaker 5: Shape of my Heart.
Speaker 6: You know, it contains to a lot of that stuff, and it's again, it's one of those feel good, I don't know, feel good moments, especially for me and my character. It's like I'm not in the show completely a whole whole lot, but I'm in it connecting everyone, I guess in a sense. And then my son, but it has such depth to it, you know, it's just one thing of his you know, you know, the father coming out to his son saying, listen, I want you to either get married or you need to join the army like your brothers. Is one or the other that's what I did. This is what I did. I want to make sure you do what I'm doing. And you know, it's that it's that, you know, don't want to disappoint your dad, and he goes a different route, and it's the scariness of me getting you know, either upset, you know, the father going just being disappointed or accepting and acknowledging what's going on and knowing that he wants to be he wants basically his son to be happy. And really what sometimes was he was trying to make himself happy is you know, and that always kind of happened sometimes I was like listen, yeah, you gotta you gotta cut the you gotta cut the cord or you know, let let let the wings go, let him fly. So again, it's a great story message, especially my character and what I do. And it's again it's my character has fun with it. And then there's a little bit of a you know, softer side to it. So it's great, I'm gonna again having a blast.
Speaker 3: You So you your love for theater started young and you had kind of started in that. What was it like then to pivot into like pop music and a pop star and then kind of revisit theater again.
Speaker 1: What was that all like for you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I mean for me it was again it's kind of crazy to even think about, well over thirty years, you know, living in Brooklyn, New York, moving to Orlando, Florida, where you had access to a lot of theme parks and entertainment, and that's kind of where I got a bug on really singing and dancing, and right after literally from doing high school plays when I was in a magnet program, a theater magnet program in my high school. Which is crazy because the amount of people that have came out of that school within the maybe seven to eight year radius as far as what my years and ninety five on and before. You have people like Wayne Bray that came out of Doctor Phillips High School. You have DJ Khaled that came out of Doctor Phillips High School, was in the same grade as me.
Speaker 5: A J.
Speaker 6: Berzinski who's a baseball player, Johnny Damon who's a baseball player. Luis Fonsi who sings Desposito. He's one of my best friends. I sang in an a cappella group with him in high school.
Speaker 5: You have Tony Yasbeck who is nominated for Tony. He went to high school with me.
Speaker 6: You have Michael James Scott who was plays the genie Aladdin right now.
Speaker 5: He's a good friend of mine from high school.
Speaker 6: When you have people that have done editing for Conan O'Brien, my buddy Rob, I mean, it's crazy the list of people and even just a celebrity gentleman came out of that high school.
Speaker 5: I don't know what was in the water or it just again people just went to it.
Speaker 6: But to get back to that baby from going into like doing Shakespearean plays kind of interesting, doing Macbeth, doing Taming of the Shrew, going and doing you know, one act plays like the Grapes of Wrath, and then doing a music like you know, west Side Story or I've did the you know the Music Man.
Speaker 5: Stuff like that. Then going into InSync.
Speaker 6: Obviously the theater stuff in the stage presence is what was really my forte.
Speaker 5: I mean, I wasn't a writer. I'm not really a writer in that sense, but doing that and.
Speaker 6: Performing is what my love and my passion really started out doing it as far as you know, going within sync and oddly enough making that grow.
Speaker 5: It kind of of course opened up doors for me.
Speaker 6: But I even said the first time I went and auditioned, it was like two thousand and three, when I was going to get the part for in Rent, they were like, what character do you want to do? So first of all they were like, oh, well, you know you were in sync. How's the boy band you can do? It looks like and I even said, I said, you need to audition me.
Speaker 5: What if I suck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you forgot you were in the biggest band on the planet, but you don't want to.
Speaker 6: Do it eight shows a week like that a different goal. So when when I went to do it, the funny part was is that, like I flewid from more landed to go to New York and they're like, all right, singing Roger's part and I was.
Speaker 5: Like, crap, Rochester definitely definitely up there.
Speaker 6: And then I left and they were because they were like well, which I was like, it's up to you, which one you want me to try for?
Speaker 5: And they're like, oh, do that.
Speaker 6: I left and went home. The next day they call it like we think you can come back in an audition from Mark. I was like, well that was the part I thought I was really auditioning, but I was just I wanted the ball in your court.
Speaker 5: And I've never known this before, you know, it was like really a first time doing this kind of stuff. Yeah and lo and behold. Yeah, that was definitely the character for me.
Speaker 6: And did Mark for six months and then I went to Little Shop after that and a year later, which was funny, played.
Speaker 2: Shows huge, Seymour fantastic. That's amazing. It makes sense. Look en, Sync was one of my first concerts and which one no strings attached. Yeah, yeah, and I was forever changed, And it makes sense of it, like your stage presence, like you and JC stage presence was like something else, like you two just like grab that spotlight.
Speaker 5: The adrilline just goes. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you know, like I have distinct memories of like watching you specifically on like the VMA's and all those things. How like you did and do just light up a stage. And it makes so much sense now knowing that you came from that theater world, that high school, so it's like, of course you do all those harmonies or compel the drama geek fully trained. It was likely aligned for you to like, oh you have to be in a boy band, this is your.
Speaker 5: Fate, you need to be.
Speaker 6: And again What's what's great about that is it opened up so many other doors for me to to do other things, which is great. I kept telling people are like, so, what is that you want to do or anything you haven't done. I said, well, so far, I haven't sucked at anything I've done so far. I'm not like it's amazing, but I'm I'm good I and people enjoy it. So I'm just gonna take that and carry that as much as i can, because for me, I love performing. I love doing live shows. I love doing that aspect of it. You know, you you get the instant gratification, you know. I mean I've done films before, like my Big Factory wedding and stuff like that, which is again amazing within itself, and it's great, and I love doing film, but it's.
Speaker 5: Something about the theater and something about doing.
Speaker 7: It live, yes, and the nervousness of screwing up, which happens. It does happen, and it just happened recently with me, even though I'm still new.
Speaker 5: My brain is going and there was a scene that I just did and I was supposed to.
Speaker 6: Say, well, you were running out of options and I'm running out of patience and What came out out of my mouth was you were running out of patients, options, options, patients.
Speaker 5: I'm so confused.
Speaker 6: Give me the game boy and I grabbed the game boy, the guy's tand I just walked off the stage.
Speaker 2: Amazing, So it happens.
Speaker 1: I must have loved it. They must have loved it.
Speaker 6: But again, some people have never seen the show before, so they don't know it before. But it's really it's fun to see now who can, who knows, and who doesn't, which is actually pretty cool because some people are like, oh, if the show was great, I was like, I screwed that up, like you did? Like they never mind?
Speaker 5: Never mind, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Never give it away your secrets, never tell your secrets.
Speaker 3: Obviously this is a Glee podcast, and so I'm curious to hear we obviously we did.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, did you know about Glee? Did you see it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, no, no, obviously the first one, first few seasons. And I've known Matt Morrison back from when he did Hairspray because I was across the street doing a little shop when he started on a hair so oddly enough, you know how I know Matt and I love the show.
Speaker 5: I think the show was great. I wish, trust me.
Speaker 6: I think I actually called a few times, going when you gonna put my ass?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my god, never got no phone call.
Speaker 2: My god, I didn't know, like I'm friends, we're friends with j C and like in Lance and.
Speaker 6: At that point me in a student or teacher or some washed up I would have done on any of that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Justice for boy bands though we we always say on this show that there should have been more of your guys' music. Yes, it's just it was such a travesty that we only did that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but still I think you I think what the show was and what the show did in the music, even though it wasn't all boy man pop, but it was. It was one of again, as you know, as far as one of the first shows that had a musical element into it.
Speaker 5: That's more of us, you know.
Speaker 6: The way it was shot and everything else, it was never kind of done before they've done it looks like that, but not like an actual series.
Speaker 5: And it was amazing.
Speaker 6: So you guys did a fantastic you kidd me, praised down?
Speaker 2: Did you know that we were going to do Bye Bye Bye?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Are you notified? How does that work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well again, the I think they okay the songs we have to over it. The other thing one thing is is though we didn't you know, obviously you guys sang it, so if it was our actual version, we'd probably get more of a notification. But it's more or less of going, hey, you know they're gonna love to use this song.
Speaker 5: You know they approved to do it.
Speaker 6: There we're re recording and obviously it's not your vocals, so it's okay. Cool, And I was always interested to see what what what was going.
Speaker 5: To go down with it. I remember it was great. It was awesome.
Speaker 6: I think it was really cool the way you guys matched it all up with everything with all the boy bends cool.
Speaker 2: I'm just bitter I wasn't in the number, just like I was in.
Speaker 5: The background of one of us, and maybe would have been great.
Speaker 6: I don't even know why I get it, but I don't get it, you know, not.
Speaker 5: Putting him in there, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And no, because we had Kristen was in a scene where they saying defying gravity, Christ and chenaw with right and so like I would that would be amazing if you were there when there was you know, you.
Speaker 6: Know, sometimes they just go, well, you know, maybe byes or sometimes.
Speaker 5: The guys would do it? Would they do it?
Speaker 6: So it was interesting because some people are honestly like the second guest to be like, should we ask him?
Speaker 5: You think he do? You think he do that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: And I'm like, if it's fun, hell yeah? You know. For me, I'm a different breed.
Speaker 6: I enjoy things no matter what, as long as if it works and it makes sense to me into what's going on, old and what I'm doing. Why not, you know, done those silly commercials like a progressive commercial I did a while back, a couple of the commercials funny isact of tongue in cheek?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 2: Well? What it seems that you're like a real creative in that way, like you enjoy the process and learning whatever it may be in every single medium.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean again, you know you're know your strengthen your weaknesses and know those those points and then hone in on them.
Speaker 5: You know. Again, people always like, well, you know, can you say this? You know maybe bye bye bye?
Speaker 6: And sometimes again it calls for it, and if it works, it works. But sometimes I'm kind of like, well that's too fricking cheesey.
Speaker 2: Let's not yah.
Speaker 5: I mean you know I did.
Speaker 6: I did something for a great well, great wolf Lodge, which is gonna be may and it's for families and stuff like that. So I thought it was the silliest thing. Yeah, I believe me and Lance are actually gonna do another one like that or something like that too, which is funny. We've been having a blast at some of this stuff and why not. You know, it's a nostalgia part of it.
Speaker 5: It's fun. Like I said, it's tongue in cheek. I don't take that stuff too serious. And they're always like, you know, I did.
Speaker 6: One what was it, Schlotsky's I did akel Zone.
Speaker 5: So it's silly, but it's funny. Why not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like if you bring us in on it, it's like exactly, we love to see it, you know, as fans love.
Speaker 6: I mean, I even have a hot dog place called fat Ones for crying out loud my last name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: You've never not enjoyed a joke, you know.
Speaker 1: I love that about you.
Speaker 5: I love go for it. I embrace it.
Speaker 2: It's also like you raised a generation of us, like we grew up when you guys were doing it, and it is.
Speaker 6: The weirdest thing to hear and to say yeah, and it's very humbling and very I don't know, it's it's weird, like you know a few times when you see certain things like that and hear from you guys seriously and and and because you guys are so talented as well in your own right, and it's interesting that we as a group, you know, not say paved the way, but had you know, sparked interesting you guys to be entertainers, you know what I mean, absolutely did crazy.
Speaker 5: It's weird to think.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I get that, Oh, I don't anytime. I'm like, I'm sure you know, if we ever are in person with each other, it will be the same thing. But I'm still weird around Lance and JC. I've been on International many times, JC like I know him well, and I'm like, this is because the amount of hours and like Jenna can attest to this, like standing in front of the TV learning the choreography, watching TRL the VMA's, going to concerts, whether it was you or Brittany, like you know, it was entire.
Speaker 6: It's very similar to when I was young and it was the same thing for me with New Kids on the Block and Michael Jackson, because I that's the dancing that I kind of I watched.
Speaker 5: I was like, holy cow, I want to do that. You know.
Speaker 6: I couldn't tell anybody because it was it was a little weird that, you know, you like the boy band group, you couldn't do that, you know, back in the eighties. But it was like I was telling, like the girls I was hanging out with, they would love them.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yo, show me that video.
Speaker 6: Yes, And I'm like, don't tell anybody, but show me that video.
Speaker 5: Because I want to do that.
Speaker 6: And literally, I was doing the same thing watching Michael Jackson's Thriller over and over again and then doing the choreography and then realize, oh crap, I'm doing it backwards.
Speaker 2: I got to face the other way.
Speaker 6: So it's you know, it's always humbling and interesting to hear that, but it is crazy to see like you see people like Ariana Grande, you see people like Lady Gaga that are like I was a huge fan.
Speaker 5: I came to your.
Speaker 6: Concerts when I was young, and you're kind of like, what, yeah, you know, even you got it's weird. It's so weird to think about. But again, we got to come from somewhere. It's the same thing for me like when I.
Speaker 2: Was younger, you know.
Speaker 6: But it's weird to see people come up and be like, listen, you know, I appreciate what you did. You help me with my career and what I'm doing. And to see people that are and that are peers and doing acting and doing dancing and singing, and it's just amazing.
Speaker 5: It's a great feeling.
Speaker 3: It's crazy when you love what you're doing so much like it like you did. It's hard and you're having fun while doing it. It's hard to imagine that that's the thing that is changing lives, right, like changing people in ways, inspiring them to get out and do things. And so it's just and it's bigger than you, like we know because we were in this phenomenon non show there's Lenny in a bottle like you guys, that was so big that it will never happen in your life like that ever again. But you were a part of it, and you were in it and you did it, and so it's like it's hard to kind of wrap your head around. I don't know that you ever truly will understand the gravity of like the impact you have on people's lives individually one as a whole.
Speaker 5: And you guys get it though, because you get people.
Speaker 6: Because I come up to you day if day listen, you have no idea I was, you know, on suicidal watch kind of thing. I mean, we've I've heard the stories going like your music or they'll say, you know, your show helped me motivate me get out of this.
Speaker 5: Funk or get at it. And again, it's very humbling. It's weird to be able to change lives like that, and you kind of go, I did that? We how did we do that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I don't even know you how did we? You know?
Speaker 6: Again, it's just like anything as a young kid, you know, listening to music, it's just you know the feelings and you get those feelings. And that's why I think for me, I understand that because we've all had those times in our lives where we might have been, you know, down in the dumps or something like that, and then we lift listen to music and that would lift us up. Or you know, you you would get frustrated about something like you know what, I'm going to do this freaking choreo combo and dance my a.
Speaker 5: You know, it's that kind of feeling too.
Speaker 2: Like I still don't know the second verse. It's gonna be me, but I'm gonna figure it out well hopefully one day.
Speaker 6: One day when if we ever keep crossing the fingers, ever do something on tour, you got you definitely come out, come on.
Speaker 5: You gotta learn the choreo and then.
Speaker 1: I'll have a question about that. Don't tempt us here.
Speaker 2: It comes because I've asked jay Z, I've asked Lance, I've asked Wall. Nobody's given me anything.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm, because you know why, and this is nobs. We still don't know anything.
Speaker 6: We are supposed to have a conversation and people have had the interviews and people asked me. It's like we're supposed to sit down, hopefully within the next month or so, to literally go what are we doing?
Speaker 5: Is it something? Does it look like ABC and D or we're not gonna do anything at all?
Speaker 6: Or is it an album?
Speaker 5: Is it an album? Is it? Just? Like? What exactly are we Because.
Speaker 1: I think I'll take anything.
Speaker 2: I'll give you some notes, So here's some notes you can bring. Yeah, we could do it. You could do a tour. You could Bats Boys announce you're doing the Sphere yesterday. Yeah, that's an option for you to right an album and a tour or album and Sphere one more singles. You put out some great records the past year.
Speaker 6: True, we can we recut new ones, old ones, do all that stuff? Maybe do Yeah, I mean again, for me, I would love for it to happen. Yeah, I would love I'd be you know, for me, it would just be fun to do. I think everybody's kind of getting to that same page. Possibly, but again, it's it's just one of the things where now everybody has lives, they have kids and children. Thank goodness that mine are older, so they're almost I got one that I got one that's completely out the door, and I got one that's kind of like almost you know, once you graduate high school, which is going to be a lot like four more years from her years and I can kick her out.
Speaker 5: But you know, they're just starting. They have they have baby, like you know, one hundred percent. But that's the fun part. I don't have to deal with anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't even know those logistics.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got my old my kids old one's twenty four, will be twenty four the next month, and the other one's fifteen.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Crazy, you got to really kind of live this rock star pop star life and then live the family life, and now you're like a re emerging again. I'm in the in the very beginning of it all, so I'm looking forward to like somebody like you who's re emerging again and then you able us to enjoy it without having to think about all the things that out the door with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people have asked like as far as like you know, well you've done this, you've done that, Like what do you want to do?
Speaker 5: Like what's your goals?
Speaker 6: I'm like, this is interesting, I said, because my goals are just being happy doing things that I love doing. But now it's not I'm not to the point where in my life it's really weird to say, but I'm not that type of person where I'm not an egotistical person who says.
Speaker 5: What I need to be number one and everything right. But we already were number one in the charts.
Speaker 6: We've broken a record every album, So it's like, I don't have those kind of goals or aspirations. It's more of creative, more having fun, coming up with different concepts, and doing things, but it has nothing to do with And I think that's why a lot of times when people do stuff and they win awards and stuff like that, it's because you're not even thinking about that kind of stuff. Yeah, I'm thinking about just being creative. I'm not like back in the day when we were young, that's all you think about it. I want to be famous, I want to be rich, I want to Yeah, I want all this stuff.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I've been up there and the only place after up is either down or you got to try to maintain being number one.
Speaker 5: And that's a lot of freaking work.
Speaker 2: That's so Beyonce has that muscle. I don't know how she does that.
Speaker 6: Let me be Let me be number two and three because I will stay there for years.
Speaker 5: Number don't drop up and drop down to the bottom. Let me stay at number two. I'm cool with that.
Speaker 2: I'm a smarter smarter I think that is a good You know, people talk about Daniel Rodcliffe a lot where he's ever since Harry Potter, he's done all these sort of like crazy, weird but really interesting and creatively challenging parts, and I there is obviously something to that where you guys did everything. You guys like grossed a billion dollars one year, like on.
Speaker 5: Like it was crazy. Yeah, on tour. I mean it was.
Speaker 6: It's weird to even say it now, Like back in the day, you're not thinking about it because you're in it and you're like, wow, that was pretty cool, and then.
Speaker 5: You move on, like there's a picture that happen so fast. Yeah, there's a picture I have of of a of a of a.
Speaker 6: Panoramic view of one of the stadiums that we did.
Speaker 5: I can't remember myself. It was Three Rivers or somewhere like a Pittsburgh I can't remember what it was, but it's just this.
Speaker 6: It was just a sold out crowd and you just see that the stadium of how big it was and the magnitude and that place was completely just packed with people, and you.
Speaker 5: Go, that was our show. We did that. It's weird. It's so surreal to think about it. And even me going to con I.
Speaker 6: Went to a Beyonce concert in the stadium I soor Taylor Swift and you watch all this stuff and you just go, I did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah anywhere.
Speaker 5: And I'm not a cockey thing either.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like we did that, and I know and I know what they're going through, which is an interesting thing because.
Speaker 5: Not everybody can say that.
Speaker 6: I hope that their mind is going through the time when they're first coming out there for their stadium tour, how nervous. I hope everybody likes what they're what we're doing, you know, putting it upon hopefully all the text stuff where you know, your brain goes all over the place, but it is. It's truly one of the most interesting and surreal things to get on the stage of that crowd of an audience and get that reaction like that.
Speaker 5: Again, that's why I love live live audiences.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I imagine that also, like with Angeliette, the audience is a little different than seeing like a lay miss right, Like they have to be kind of like a little more pumped, and it feels a little more rock starry and pop stary and like like you're on tour, Like what does it feel like in you know when you walk on stage, it's like that, you.
Speaker 5: Know, it's funny, it's funny.
Speaker 6: I mean, especially for this show, this particular show, it is kind of like a a concert if you will.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it really is. And when I do everybody.
Speaker 6: It's the boy band dance that we all do. It's hilarious and it's it's literally five guys and we're dancing. So you know, people tend to love that. That is the crowd please in the show, and it's just funny for people to see me and that. First of all, I'm a dad in the show. I got really tight pants on that are really like shellacton, it feels like. And then I'm singing a backship voice song in a French accent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a mad libs.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's exactly right, exactly.
Speaker 6: Let's throw the most craziest stuff altogether. But you know what if for people who have never seen a Broadway show, this is a great show to ease into somebody else, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Hilarious enough.
Speaker 6: I brought my girlfriend a while back to one of the first shows. I was in La and the Pantagious had the King and I and I'm like, and I'm telling my girl, I'm like, listen, she's never seen a Broadway show. I'm like, oh god, let me explain something, Like, let me explain it. This is old school theater Broadway show. So the music is definitely different from what you're not used to. So I'm just letting you know ahead of times. She was like, what did I just watch? I'm like, shut up, it's awesome. It is.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then I brought it to like Rock of Ages, you know, and I'm like, let me, let me ease you in.
Speaker 5: This is a lot better. You know, the.
Speaker 6: Songs a lot funny, campy, but now she like loves them. I mean, we saw gosh, we saw Death Becomes Her.
Speaker 5: I saw great, it's amazing Redwood last night.
Speaker 1: What was that just belding from like feet in the air.
Speaker 5: I don't it is coolest, Yeah, it's I don't even know how to.
Speaker 6: I obviously didn't know any music, didn't know the storyline about it. Uh, but it's it's it's pretty deep. It's a good show. It's very deep. It's very the set's really freaking cool. Oddly enough, it was in need Lander Theater, where it's where I did rent for the first time. My first Broadway show was in the same theater. Tree is big, there's a tree in there.
Speaker 5: But it's it's it's done well.
Speaker 6: I thought it was really really cool, definitely definitely different from anything you've ever seen.
Speaker 5: I think on a Broadway show. So it's it's pretty cool, pretty pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, I need to show you New York. I got a lot of shows to see. I need to see you and Andreliet got it.
Speaker 5: You have to come out.
Speaker 6: It's again again like I said before, for people, I have never seen a Broadway show, and you want to see something and see every Max Martin's song pretty much catalog in there. And if you know Romeo and Juliette's story, and if you know about William Shakespeare, that's this is the show to come see, good.
Speaker 2: Old Bill Shakespeare.
Speaker 1: Just plug that show.
Speaker 5: We gotta go.
Speaker 3: You gotta go see it. Go see Joey. Wasn't it you heard it here first people, And.
Speaker 2: Maybe next summer see him on tour. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I you know what if I told you, I wish I would hope that happens. I mean, if if I need to get my butt in the shape though we.
Speaker 3: Need to, well, we hope that it works up the way you guys wanted to. You know, and thank you so much for literally this time is so precious. We understand, we know, so thank you so much for taking the time to chat with us. It's such a high joy and pleasure.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys for for taking the time as well. Come on now, you guys got a lot more people lined up than I.
Speaker 5: Do to do things, so you know, glad.
Speaker 2: Thanks for squeezing me now you're an icon. Thank you. And hope you know, hope we get to hang out in person.
Speaker 5: Out with jan.
Speaker 2: We're trying to collect all the instinct members on the show like oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't have that speed. That's a different gear that I.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: Have a show you too.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, why are they all so nice?
Speaker 4: I don't understand jarring to be to have like idols that you grew up literally raising us idols idols be so nice to us.
Speaker 2: Do you think I feel like the most the more famous the person I've met, like, the more success they've experienced, the nicer they are.
Speaker 1: Most of the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they have gotten to this place where it does not serve them to be mean or rude or diva because they've already done it. In terms of like a music career, there's nothing else any of the members and in Sync can do that will ever or anybody, not just members like Factory Boys and Sync Brittany. At that time, nobody's selling records like that. Now you know, it's like five people and they're like solo artists can compete with that, and so like the things that they were able to do is I don't I feel like the presence that it gives you after that, because.
Speaker 1: Yes, you've seen it all, yes, And I think and.
Speaker 2: I think the alternative is to be, you know, like a bitter, angry person, which is not sustainable or judgmental of like I'm having to like lower myself to do these things. And I think Joey has a great point outlook, yeah, an outlook of like you find things that fulfill you and challenge you creatively. It doesn't matter how it may look to the outside world.
Speaker 1: That's like no ego right there, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: No, you go, and it's not like I'm going to tell you that, Yeah, we had the biggest opening sales week of all time, most trucks on tour first like bandigrossa billion dollars in a year, Like it doesn't need to No, it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't need to. Well I am, I I'm speechless, I really am.
Speaker 3: I will keep bringing on all the NSYNC members, if Phil come on and what a shipping away again? Fourteen year old Jenna telling her that, like she's gonna have some instinct members's Joey Fatone on the podcast. On her podcast, I'd slap her in the face and say she's crazy.
Speaker 2: So, Jenna, you've gotten a lot of in sync. You worked with Britney Stairs and Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 1: You're right, I did.
Speaker 3: We worked with Brittany, I got a we got we worked with a j We've got Joey on, we had j c Wet.
Speaker 1: That's right, baby size spice.
Speaker 3: It's I mean, our whole childhood is being isn't It's circling us like jaws.
Speaker 2: I do feel bad that I was, like you raised us, I grew up because I hate when people say that to me. I don't hate it. It's just, you know, uh, like an existential crisis. Funny.
Speaker 1: I think it's so funny you raised me. I think it's so funny when people say that.
Speaker 4: It always makes me giggle.
Speaker 2: I always think it's crazy and then it just leapt out of my mouth and like, but I understand it.
Speaker 1: I understand, like Joey said, like new kids like you come from somewhere. So anyway, thank you Joey. Everybody goes see En.
Speaker 2: He's in.
Speaker 3: He's on Broadway until March and tomorrow. We're talking to Nicole Lamb, who is a Glee fan and she's on the Angeliette tour.
Speaker 1: The national tour. So we're just we're bringing it all together.
Speaker 2: We should be getting ready and uliet for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And honestly, like, I have friends in the show. We love the show. You have friends in the show. We love this show. Uh, pay us? Should we be in it?
Speaker 5: Kevin?
Speaker 1: We should we pitch ourselves to be in this show? Is this the show? This is the show?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: These are official audition?
Speaker 2: This would be one show I would not be scared to be and not because it's not hard, because it is. It's the show. Because I know these songs. Yeah, I know these songs.
Speaker 1: We're into it.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. I went to the opening of it in the West End, oh with JC and Lan. Yeah. Oh yes, I'm in. I'm in, Jenna, Okay, let's start out.
Speaker 1: Okay. Anyway, that's that's our episode and that's what you really met.
Speaker 2: Thanks Joey, thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss POD. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.