Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock Mover's report the companies making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, let's go to some of the individual gainers. I want to go to Palanteer. That was definitely one of the outperformers here, was up as much as two point eight percent intraday, finishing the day with a game of about one and a quarter percent. The company out saying it may turn to other AI models amid the spat between Anthropic and the Pentagon, So their CEO on CNBC saying, our products are integrated with Anthropic and in the future will probably be integrated with other large language models. So that's kind of going on as we know the government has pushedback on Anthropic. I also want to point out that the company did unveil a software pack with Nvidia a de fence partnerships to at an AI conference with a bunch of players in the space, including something like Gage Aerospace and a few others. So whether or not that was fundamentally why we're seeing the stock move up. Not quite sure, but it definitely wasn an outperformer. Investors swiping right on bumbled today. I know that's really bad, but I just wondered I was going to go there. Stock was up as much as forty nine percent intra day, finishing with a game of about thirty four percent. Three dollars and eighty one cents is where the stock closed today, surging biggest jump intra day since February of twenty twenty one, the online dating company. They did forecast even up for the first quarter that beat the average analyst estimate. JP Morgan upgrade the stock to neutral, while analysts broadly noted that the focus now shifts to upcoming product overhaul plan for later in the year. So Morgan Stanley also coming out say the company's financial starting to stabilize well. LightWave Logic ticker is LWLG. That one up about forty one percent here now about one billion dollar market cap. Company announced development agreement with Tower Semiconductor to enable leading high speed optical modulators. Stock is at more than one hundred percent year to date. Yeah. I don't know if you know, but they develop proprietary electro optic polymers and polymer photonic integrated circuit.
Speaker 1: Well fascinating. Yeah, I minded, I didn't.
Speaker 3: It has to do with faster transmission for Internet infrastructure, data centers and AI application.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do find out a couple of honorable mentions. Yes, just so, given the bigest move that we saw in a lot of the chemical companies and the fertilizer company CF Industries closing out a record high today, having best day of going back to twenty twenty, and it was all those names mosaic and nutrient and others. And this has real potential economic impacts because of course we are right at the start of the spring planting season here at least in North America, so not having the fertilizer supplies within the next couple of weeks could actually have material impact.
Speaker 3: I think I did CF yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, today's a new daker.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to jump in here and talk about some of the stocks that move lower on the day today. I want to start with just the entire mag seven. It's actually down more than nine percent. Going back to those October highs. We had Tesla fall by more than three percent, Apple fall by two percent, Meta platforms down today by two point six percent. Every single name in the mag seven was lower on the day today. Speaking of every name lower, let's go to airlines, because airlines were all lower today. This is the S and P fifteen hundred composite index of airlines down four point three percent today. You had Southwest down more than seven point seven United Airlines down four point six percent, Delta down two percent, American down four and a half percent. We know jet fuel prices are going up, could be going up. That's a big expense for these companies. Then you have the cost of plane tickets that could jump as much as nine percent as oil price is sore. This according to Willie Walsh, the Director General of the International Air Transport Association, every name in that index lower on the day today, and then flip on over to Dollar General. Those shares under pressure today, having the worst day going back to August now more than six percent. The company did give an underwhelming annual and long term forecast. The outlook is conservative, according to Jen Bartashis, our analysts for Bloomberg Intelligence. Yesterday's close though through yesterday's clothes it was up as much as nine point one percent. In Romain it was up eighty percent. Last year, so a little bit of selling today.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.