Speaker 1: Wake Up, Wake Up in the mall, and.
Speaker 2: It's on the radio, and the Dodds keeps on time. Here ready, Emen, Lunchbox, more.
Speaker 3: Game two Steve Bred and it's trying to put you through back.
Speaker 2: He's running this week's next bite. The Bobby's on the box.
Speaker 4: So you know what this.
Speaker 5: The Bobby Ball.
Speaker 6: So I'll give you an actor, your name, as many movies as you can. But what we're gonna do is one at a time. So Amy, Lunchboxetti, the two that don't play out of the room, Okay, okay, So whoever wants to.
Speaker 7: Go first can go first. Amy, do you want to go first?
Speaker 6: Okay, Lunchbox, Nettie, take your headphones off and lead the studio.
Speaker 7: Please, Okay.
Speaker 6: And I'm gonna give you all the same actor, and then i'll give you sixty seconds. Amy, name as many movies from that actor as possible. Wow.
Speaker 7: And then they'll come in. Now make sure outside during the isolation booth.
Speaker 6: They cannot hear what's going on on the show, So you want to shut off all audio. So Amy, they'll be sixty seconds on the clock. I'll give you a famous actor, you name all or as many movies as you possibly can are you ready?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 7: Are they in the isolation booth? And the actor is Tom Hanks.
Speaker 4: Toy story toy stird two three four wils How Captain Castaway.
Speaker 3: Uh, you've got mail Apollo.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twelve all thirteen tomms?
Speaker 7: Oh that thing you do?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Four scump? Oh, I am the captain. I am the captain. No, I'm the captain. What's that?
Speaker 9: What's that called?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: I'm the captain?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Pirates, Captain Phills, Captain Sully? Was he not too Sully? Captain Sully? Which?
Speaker 7: What was that called?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You're calling Nutson.
Speaker 6: Time?
Speaker 4: Mike?
Speaker 2: What'd you get her for?
Speaker 7: I got her?
Speaker 6: Pretend I got her for tend as well. Amy, Mike and I both add you for ten. We're both double checking. It's hard when you just saying lots of words. We're just like trying to find No. No, I know, I know, I know, Yeah, yeah, okay, let's bring Eddie in next.
Speaker 1: Oh I forgot.
Speaker 7: Oh there's a lot you forgot.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 7: No say anything, don't say that wod he comes in, don't say how many.
Speaker 1: Guys say anything? But I only have so much time.
Speaker 7: I don't even allude to anything.
Speaker 2: I'm in the room.
Speaker 7: Okay, Eddie is now walked in the room. Eddie, I will give you am you get saying, oh yeah, yeah, you already played play good cool. I will give you a famous actor.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: Actor could mean a male or female. I've learned it. That's everybody's an actress.
Speaker 6: You'll have sixty seconds to get as many movies as possible from this actor.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Ready?
Speaker 10: And Mike and I both movies? The actor is Tom Hanks, Go Forrest Gump. Let's go with uh Splash, Big Castaway.
Speaker 2: Uh the terminal? Catch me if you can, uh.
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 2: Where is it there? I don't know.
Speaker 11: Uh, Turner and Hooch, Joe versus the volcanos?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 2: Angels and demons? What was that called?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Who wrote to tradition?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Gosh, come on, keep thinking, keep thinking, early ones, early ones.
Speaker 7: Ten seconds?
Speaker 2: Shoot, um man, I'm out of I'm out of movies. Angels and demons. What's the one called? Is that called angels and demons? Let's get louder. There's so many more left the table, So I don't know.
Speaker 7: We can give them angels and demons. Never communicator, I never committed to it. And that's the name of it. We never committed to it is okay.
Speaker 6: Said Angels and Demons. I have ten of met at eleven eleven. I mean, yeah, I didn't know what Road to Predition was, but I didn't mark it down. It doesn't even's a movie. If it's a movie, then he's at eleven. Oh my goodness, my favorite actor.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's some early ones though that I completely forgot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a lot, and we'll do them after Lunchbox comes in. God, that's a cool game. So Eddie, you have eleven, Amy has ten?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Amy, how'd you do that?
Speaker 14: Good?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 7: If you come in, we weren't ready.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's okay. We we're saying, okay, now you come in.
Speaker 7: We are literally in the middle of talking about movies.
Speaker 6: Come in.
Speaker 2: I literally said, go in.
Speaker 7: If you can't blame me, I just listened to Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: I couldn't hear anything you have like my kids. Literally I was told to come in and you go.
Speaker 7: I mean like I did something wrong. No, we were just like stop, don't come incause we're still talking about it. All right, here we go.
Speaker 6: You have sixty seconds to name as many movies as you can from Tom Hanks Go Big.
Speaker 15: Toy Story one, Toy Story two, Toy Story three, Toy Story four, The Road to Perdition, Happy Days, Hank the Pilot, what's his name?
Speaker 7: Solely?
Speaker 15: Solely, that's it, Captain Phillips. And what else was Tom Hanks in? Philadelphia? Tom Cruise? That's not it to Tom Cruise, Big Tom Hanks. I don't know any other more Tom Hanks movies. Her Here just came out and flopped at the box office there maybe here There.
Speaker 14: I don't know when it's called exactly.
Speaker 2: What else is Tom Hanks in?
Speaker 14: Is he anything else?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 14: Tropic Thunder?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 15: I don't know anymore Tom Hanks movies man Uh Philadelphia second Uh?
Speaker 6: Big?
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's all I got. I don't know any of his.
Speaker 4: Time, Mike.
Speaker 2: What you have them at?
Speaker 6: Ten?
Speaker 3: Ok?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 6: And you guys are all gonna be like, oh because not playing his Oh my gosh, that's that one where he's in the.
Speaker 2: Say Forrest Gun. I didn't know you did so Lunchbox with ten?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I figure I got last Amy with ten Wow.
Speaker 2: Andy's favorite actor eleven, But I only got eleven. I was puckered.
Speaker 12: I thought you were gonna get him all like, well, you were a roll there for a little bit once even went toward start one.
Speaker 2: Two, three, and four, like it's over our winter? Is that next year?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yes, Tom Hanks.
Speaker 9: Again, let's pick my favorite actor.
Speaker 2: Who is that?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's been drinking so much. I feel like she needed electrolyte. So she's hater rating up all day to me?
Speaker 14: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Classic TV catchphrase game round two.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 7: For example, if I were to play this classic TV catchphrase, are you doing that?
Speaker 2: Would be friends?
Speaker 6: Okay, Now I'm not going to play the club. I'm going to do it myself for now on. Then we'll play it at the end. Here we go, Number one, Come.
Speaker 2: On down, and then we're doing the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah show, what classic TV show is that catchphrase from?
Speaker 4: Come on down?
Speaker 2: I'm Amy.
Speaker 7: The price is right, lunchbox, price is right.
Speaker 2: Eddie, the price is right.
Speaker 6: From nineteen seventy two, The price is right, good job. Next one, cut it out, I'm in, cut it out. I'm in for the wind lunchbox, fullhouse, Amy, full House, Eddie, Fullhouse from nineteen eighty seven, Cut it out, full House.
Speaker 7: Next one up, I Corumba, I'm in by krumba.
Speaker 1: Huh, I feel like.
Speaker 7: By krumba.
Speaker 8: Hi corumba. Okay um, alright, all right, lunchbox bonanza?
Speaker 14: What bonanza?
Speaker 2: Bonanza? Nanza? Amy?
Speaker 1: Is that full house too?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: That was a trick, Eddie. That's the Simpsons from nineteen eighty nine. Bye coumba Simpsons.
Speaker 2: He said I thought was eat my shorts? He says that too.
Speaker 7: Mixed up? Thank Google very much?
Speaker 16: What?
Speaker 7: Thank Google very much?
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 7: Thank Goo very much, Thank you very much. Man, I'm in for the wm Amy. That's Taxi lunchbox.
Speaker 10: Purvist strangers Eddie, good, guess that's taxi though, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: That is Laca from Taxi nineteen seventy eight. Mixed up.
Speaker 2: Gee, Wally, I need to watch more TV.
Speaker 7: Classic TV catchphrases Gally gee.
Speaker 2: Wally, Oh, Wally, ge Wally.
Speaker 7: Wallly.
Speaker 14: I'm in for the wimbh.
Speaker 6: Matter.
Speaker 14: I'm too behind, Eddie?
Speaker 6: Are good?
Speaker 2: Eddie in? I'm in Amy.
Speaker 6: Leave it to Beaver, Eddie, Happy days lunchbox Leave it to Beaver from nineteen fifty seven.
Speaker 7: Why leave it to Beaver?
Speaker 1: Whoaow?
Speaker 7: What's that?
Speaker 1: Eddie? You've been home nice?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: What nice for you all?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Remember we beat that, but earlier this morning, finally got I beat your butt.
Speaker 2: Yes you never saw what happened?
Speaker 6: Yeah right, humbled, Yeah you get humbled. Be humble, be humble, get down. Okay, two more, Hi Host silver Away. Huh, Hi Host silver Away.
Speaker 1: I'm in a TV show.
Speaker 6: No, and mean we changed the rules on this one question. It's a political There was a game show. Yeah, that's a TV show.
Speaker 1: That's a political statement.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Oh my god, what does she do?
Speaker 2: What does she owned?
Speaker 6: I don't know?
Speaker 1: High Host silver Away?
Speaker 2: Hi ho, you know what lunch I got again?
Speaker 1: Hi Host silver Oh okay, Amy, power Rangers.
Speaker 7: That's so funny, that's what it is.
Speaker 6: No, I that's really funny. See where it's really funny. You mean to me and that's the question. But you were a little bit But that's okay.
Speaker 7: I let it go off. The water off duct back lunchbox zorro.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: Also, don't tell me it's a little Ranger because I scratched out.
Speaker 2: Lone Ranger lunchbox.
Speaker 7: It is the lone Ranger And Amy said power Rangers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is why you said that you were there.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, I'm so go with your gut you idiot.
Speaker 2: Your brain was so close, Amy, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 7: Definitely Power Ranger.
Speaker 6: Why did I.
Speaker 2: Scratch it out?
Speaker 7: Next one, I'm coming to join you, Elizabeth. I'm coming to.
Speaker 2: Join you, Elizabeth. I'm in.
Speaker 14: I'm in for the whim.
Speaker 7: Eddie's up one on Amy, lunchbox is out of contention happens sometimes it does.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm picturing a recliner.
Speaker 2: I'm coming, Amy.
Speaker 14: It really doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: He's going You don't know that, and he's hating on He's making Amy's game playing experience worse because he's not in the game.
Speaker 2: Well that's what he does.
Speaker 14: What do you mean, Eddie?
Speaker 6: Do you have it? Eddie?
Speaker 2: I have something I don't know Amy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Recliner.
Speaker 7: Oh wow?
Speaker 1: Does he sit in a recliner?
Speaker 7: I mean, I guess at some point on the show, but I don't know, Eddie Sanford and Son.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm.
Speaker 6: Ray. Will you play high host over away? By the way, that was almost Power Rangers?
Speaker 7: Amy. You were close?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Amy, good, try there, good try really Eddie?
Speaker 7: You want again? Of course I don't get cocky. Course I will show up and beat up the school bully.
Speaker 2: I will I get it every time you play. I lose to show up and.
Speaker 7: Beat up the school bully. But Eddie wins again.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do the news, Bobby's.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: I did say we would do nothing but games today.
Speaker 6: I also did not expect for them to say that somebody won the presidency because I figured they would be counting. They didn't, and so we will do a news just because if I don't acknowledge it, then I'm crazy.
Speaker 7: I am crazy.
Speaker 1: Let's be sare.
Speaker 6: Donald Trump was like the president, so it all came down to you know, Michigan, Wisconsin, those states there, and he did far better or at least better than most people thought, so we ended up winning. I think what is also going to be a positive? I guess maybe it is going to be a positive. You just want him to win the popular vote too. You don't want there to be a split like there's been other times, and it just creates this fight and division.
Speaker 2: Whoever wins.
Speaker 6: You want them to win the popular vote, you want them to win the electoral college, so therefore they just have a winner and not people fighting. I just don't like the division, and I will say now that it's over, people ask who I voted for.
Speaker 7: I voted for Ross Perrot. Oh, absolutely no.
Speaker 6: But I went to sleep last night thinking, well, you know, North Carolina is still open, Pennsylvania was getting close. I was like that, surely this will be what we expected to be and we'll wake up in the morning and they're like, well, we still don't know. But I woke up four o'clock and I was like, hey, we're calling it for Donald Trump. And I was like, makes my job on the radio show easier. I can just go and say this is what happened. And I hope after all the votes are counted and it doesn't matter who it was, that the popular and the electoral college are the same. I'm not a big electoral college fan, but I want the popular vote to match it because I just want it to be the same. So whomever it can be, we're gonna just I don't like people fighting about who really won.
Speaker 2: Clear winner.
Speaker 7: There's a clear winner and congratulations to uh.
Speaker 6: Well, it's weird because he's already President Trump, but he's president, but now he's president elect.
Speaker 7: It's kind of a president either way.
Speaker 6: It was going to be a president, either first female president or the second guy ever to run and then lose and then win again.
Speaker 2: We've never had that.
Speaker 13: No, yeah, no, we've had but one time before because I saw some trivia question once that was like, how did two different presidents have the same parents but they weren't brothers And it was because the same guy did it, but just not consecutively.
Speaker 7: But that's not two different presidents, that the same president.
Speaker 1: That's the way they said that. Like a president.
Speaker 13: I would argued the riddle may have been flawed, but it did teach me that this has happened before.
Speaker 6: Oh there you go, thank you, So there is uh, there are your results. We're still gonna play games today. I already have so many plans necessary. I mean I could break down in the states county by county's county because I was non stop until I got so sleepy. I was like, it's not gonna matter. And then I woke up and I was like, oh wow, they've already decided it. President Trump went to presidency with two hundred and seventy six electoral votes and there you go. Game, Okay, we'll just do this. We'll vote, but we're gonna let electoral college decide it. Do we want to play games or do we want to like do talk about stuff games? But I'm the biggest state with the most electrical College votes.
Speaker 2: And what do you decide?
Speaker 7: I pick games.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's Bobby's I'll give you the very famous actor. You name as many movies as you possibly can in sixty seconds. We played this about an hour ago. Let's see how you guys do?
Speaker 7: Am you at first? Last time? I'm gonna have you hop out of the studio.
Speaker 14: All right, let's go on.
Speaker 2: Watch you can hobb out. We'll start because I was the winner. You did win.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Tom Hanks, you beat them on Tom Hanks movies.
Speaker 6: So what's gonna happen is Mike Dean and I are both keeping track of air removie these actors have been in. For example, with Tom Hanks, it was Forrest Gump and Toy Story and Road to Perdition whatever that is. All these movies. It's a ton and it gets tough because you have sixty seconds. So the pressure's on. So Eddie, when the clock starts, which is about to start the clock, name as many movies in sixty seconds as you can.
Speaker 11: From Will Smith go Men in Black one, Men in Black two, Pursuit of Happiness, Emancipation, that's what it's called.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, Independence Day. Uh, what's the one with him?
Speaker 8: And uh?
Speaker 12: Bad Boys one, Bad Boys two, Bad Boys three. I don't know if there's a Bad Boys four, but just in case there is, I'll say it us thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Little Smith.
Speaker 17: Oh oh click, no clutch, No, what is that one where he's the he's the life coach. It's remote hitchitch, hitch, let's go baby and seconds?
Speaker 2: Nothing else fresh Prince Bella of the movie, I got nothing.
Speaker 7: We can't give him Bad Boys four because it's called Bad Boys for Life.
Speaker 2: Oh but there is a fourth? Yeah, I respect that.
Speaker 11: We can give him Bad Boys three, but Bad Boys four is called Bad Boys for Life, and there's a one in two.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Ok So, Mike, I have one, two, three, four, five, I have eight. So we can't give him three either. Let me see what bad Boys three is listed as? What is it listed as? I have Bad Boys two? Okay, so Bad Boys for Life may have been Bad Boys three? Then, but is it bad Boys three? Because Bad Boys for Life is part three. They messed up when they titled him Bad Boys for Life is four, so we're not giving them those.
Speaker 7: Is there one called Bad Boys for Life three or four?
Speaker 2: There's a part three?
Speaker 7: And a part four. What do they say they're called that? No, then no, we can't.
Speaker 2: We can't give it to me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so how many you have?
Speaker 6: Yes? Like eight?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Eight?
Speaker 6: Eight?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 6: Eight?
Speaker 7: It is that's not good.
Speaker 2: How many does he have more movies than that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Dude, he has a ton.
Speaker 6: You don't want to punch you up on the face when you Okay, let's bring in lunchbox next.
Speaker 7: We are ready for lunchbox. Thank you. So you have sixty seconds.
Speaker 6: You know they're probably trying to figure out what actors we're gonna use as well, but that would be.
Speaker 2: We can't do that. There are so many okay, holds have lunchbox?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 6: I got?
Speaker 14: Yella?
Speaker 6: Am I?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 2: Your lunchbox?
Speaker 7: You have sixty seconds?
Speaker 6: Yeah? The name as many movies as you possibly can from Will Smith, Will.
Speaker 15: Smith, Ben and Black Men in Black two, Independence Day, Pursuit of Happiness.
Speaker 2: Will Smith was also in the Day After.
Speaker 15: Tomorrow, The End of Time, Aliens, Independence Day, Will Smith, Men in Black, Bad Boys, Bad Boys two Bad Boys, three Bad Boys four. Will Smith was I Am Legend. Will Smith is also in What was Will Smith? And oh he was in Legend of Baggar Vance Will Smith was in? Was he any other sports movie?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 8: Sonny?
Speaker 15: Men in Black, aliens Et, Mission impossible, Harriet Tucker?
Speaker 14: What's he been in?
Speaker 15: He slapped somebody? Will Smith pursued Will Smith. I am dead, I am legend, Dandre Tomorrow, the World Never ends and Mama's boy.
Speaker 7: Okay. He said so many words. Hard to keep up with because he just says the deep cut? What was the deep cut?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you very much. Let's bring Amy in.
Speaker 2: Sure, good job, dude, I don't think I did very well.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's bring Amy in. She's next.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He's tough because he's just like trying to assign words to each other. He's just throwing word when it connects to a movie.
Speaker 2: There she is? Which smart? How you doing? Amy?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 7: Good? Okay, you know the rules. You have sixty seconds on the clock. Okay, what your headphones are?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 7: Okay, sixty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 6: Can you name as many movies as possible from Will Smith?
Speaker 3: Go Men in Black, Men and Black here calling the men and well, oh, hitch men and Black too, theo uh bad boys, bad boys too? Uh?
Speaker 9: Oh in Ae Penance Day or.
Speaker 1: Oh I am legend?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: Will Smith, Well Smith, Will Smith, Will Smith, No, no.
Speaker 9: No, no army get in No, I mean this is me. I don't know Will.
Speaker 1: Smith, Will Smith, Will Smith, Will Smith, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Fifteen seconds I know.
Speaker 1: Will Smith. That's all.
Speaker 7: Those Smith five seconds.
Speaker 1: Will will.
Speaker 2: Willie.
Speaker 7: Mike was as army get the movie he was in. No, okay, I didn't think maybe would you have seven at seven?
Speaker 1: All right, that's a bummer, that's a bad showing.
Speaker 7: So that is Emmy seven lunchbox eight, Eddie eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Will Smith is hard, hard.
Speaker 6: Time breaker, guys for time breaker. You two, we'll just go back and forth, one by one another actor. I love it, but I don't leave, don't anything down.
Speaker 14: So I'm I like to write down actors.
Speaker 7: But no pens, no pins in hands, no hands either and no hands and no feet and eyes.
Speaker 6: Oh no, okay, we'll go back and forth. Who wants to go first, I'll go first. Okay, fair enough, because it really doesn't matter, Eddie. The movies are Leonardo DiCaprio and you guys will trade until somebody runs out.
Speaker 2: Eddie, go the Revenant.
Speaker 6: The Revenant is correct, Titanic, Titanic is correct?
Speaker 2: What's heat and Gilbert Great.
Speaker 14: Correct.
Speaker 7: Oh, Leonardo DiCaprio is in, Oh, what the Departed?
Speaker 2: Correct? The Great Gatsby?
Speaker 14: Correct.
Speaker 15: Leonardo DiCaprio is in, there's fifteen seconds on the clock every time. I may be Now, I got one more five seconds The Wolf of Wall Street.
Speaker 2: Correct. That's so good, It's all I got. I'm done. Catch me if you can correct.
Speaker 14: Oh, he wasn't that good one, dang Leo supposed to be one of the greatest actors of our time, and I don't know a single movie he's in.
Speaker 16: Five seconds inception correct, clutch, Wow, I'm gonna lose this, Leo DiCaprio.
Speaker 7: Five seconds? Was he?
Speaker 2: And the terminator tell me he was in?
Speaker 7: The terminator can't because he wasn't. Lunchboxes are winner?
Speaker 2: No, man, what of the movies do we miss out out?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: There's so many? There's so many DiCaprio.
Speaker 6: Uh, yeah, what's any group of grape Basketball Diaries brought Julie the Beach, Catch me if you can, Gangs of New York, Aba Departed, Blood, Diamond, Blood Diamonds, Shutter Island Inception, Jay Edgar, Jango, Unchained, Greg Gadsby, Wolf of Wall Street, The Revenant Once upon a time in Hollywood.
Speaker 7: Don't look up Killers of the Flower Moon.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's a lot. Yeah, that makes it one to one.
Speaker 7: Maybe we'll get another one in for that super champ between you two.
Speaker 6: In the studio now with the President of Folds of Honor Foundation and retired United States Air Force Colonel Colonel Nichols. Colonel Nicholls, thank you for spend some time with us today. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 18: Thank you for allowing me to be here. And I've always wanted to do this Good morning studio.
Speaker 7: He knows who we are.
Speaker 14: That's one.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 14: Okay.
Speaker 6: So I want to do some very fundamental basic questions for our listeners that may not know what is Folds of Honor.
Speaker 18: Folds of Honor we provide educational scholarships to the spouses and kids of both military members and first responders who have either been killed or disabled.
Speaker 7: And how did that start?
Speaker 18: That started with our CEO and founder, Lieutenant Colonel Dan Rooney. He and I flew F sixteen's together in the military, is how we met. And he happened to be on an airline flight that was carrying the remains of someone who had just been killed in Iraq and that was the ultimate inspiration to start the organization because this gentleman had a wife and a four year old son. In Dan's commitment to this was what are we gonna do for him, his education, his future?
Speaker 6: And over the years and even currently, we do a lot with foals of honor I do, and we do different events, and so we're very we're very involved. I'd like to ask you a question about your military service. Now you mentioned you flew, Will you say what kind of jet you flew again? I flew F Sixteen's okay, let's say my Southwest pilot passes out and you're back there with me. Can you hop up there and land us.
Speaker 18: I can hop up there and land you. It's not gonna be pretty, but you'll be alive.
Speaker 7: What do you mean it's that gonna be pretty?
Speaker 9: So what's the difference that's a huge plane versus a tiny I feel like that's like landing. It is different.
Speaker 2: How I mean?
Speaker 7: I can drive a car if it's bigger small.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but you had to get a special license to drive that big truck.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about if I'm driving an suv or a tiny car. So what's the difference in the planes.
Speaker 18: I think the big difference obviously the size of the plane matters, and it's going to take me a hot minute to figure out what all the controls are doing, right, Like, you know, hey, where's the landing gear, what's the approach speeds and stuff like that. But I think, like, once you get down close to the ground problem, see to the pants, I think I can get her done.
Speaker 7: I knew that he was just being humble.
Speaker 14: I knew it he was being humble there.
Speaker 6: So let's talk for a second about the need is great. When you say that, what does that mean?
Speaker 18: You know, our ability to fundraise is being outpaced by the number of applications that we get. So this past year we had eighteen thousand qualified applicants, which is a forty percent increase from twenty twenty three, which is unbelievable. We were able to fully fund ten thousand scholarships, which is amazing. That's fifty million dollars out the door. But you know, there's seventy five hundred kids out there that we were only able to give a partial stipe into. So the need is great in the sense that is continuing to grow, and it'll grow again next year and being able to meet the need.
Speaker 2: Of the current year.
Speaker 6: Transparency is a big deal. People always want to know what's really up. How important is that to you.
Speaker 18: Guys, Oh, it's unbelievably important. People need to know where their money's going. At folds uponner, ninety one cents of every dollar that comes into the organization goes to support our scholarship programs.
Speaker 6: And you guys have felt that that's valuable to share because it's valuable to share because it's transparent. People want to know where the money is going. And you know, for me as a veteran, for me also as a gold Star kid. As my background, my dad was a fighter pilot and I lost him when I was fifteen, it is ultimately important to me to make sure that that our donors or corporations, whoever is given money to us, that they need to know that, hey, this money is going to the right place to do the right thing.
Speaker 7: How long were you enlisted?
Speaker 18: I was in the Air Force for thirty years.
Speaker 9: Wow, long time, Kurnie.
Speaker 7: When you get out, what does that transition, because it's like it's all you've known.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 18: I mean, I think the weirdest transition I was talking to my wife about this not too long ago, was like, what do you wear?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 18: You know, you're so used to wearing a uniform every day, get up, you put on a flight suit. Life is super easy, right, But that whole transition from that, you feel a little bit lost, right, you know, you know, as a fighter pilot it's a brotherhood, right, and so you don't really have that anymore. But man Foldswater was a great place for me to land because that is still in the fight, right, still in the mission and being able to give back.
Speaker 7: Do you ever have to land in any really small places like short runways?
Speaker 18: So some like in the F sixteen, there is sometimes especially in Iraq in Afghanistan. Yes, yeah, we'd have to have to make a few exceptions.
Speaker 2: Bro, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Would you ever have to land somewhere that wasn't a landing strip like a real one? You now, we would probably elect to eject at that point, right, Yeah. I mean if you were like out of fuel, out of ideas and stuff like that, you're probably more dangerous trying to put it down on somewhere that you don't know what.
Speaker 7: The landing is or this is like do you miss it? Do you miss flying?
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 18: I do miss flying.
Speaker 2: You miss a brotherhood?
Speaker 6: I do?
Speaker 7: Do you need a rush now a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 18: So you know my rush now and focus is I'm big into hunting. That's where I do a lot of my fundraising is in the outdoor space. Imit some amazing personalities out there, And so yeah, I was just on an elk hunt in September, and there's something about that that kind of gives you that little bit of adrenaline rush and it's super super cool, and so yeah, I do need that.
Speaker 6: I don't understand how airplane works. I often struggle with that, Like that metal and it stays up there. If your engine goes down, you can just glide. I don't get on understand how doesn't fall out of the air. Can you give me a physical lesson?
Speaker 18: I majored in criminal justice. Okay, fair enough, cannot give you a physic lesson.
Speaker 7: It's just a we constantly talk about it.
Speaker 6: I would be like, I cannot believe this plane got up in the air again every single time I would get up there. What is something now that drives you?
Speaker 18: I think what drives me the most. One of the things I don't take for granted. Well, one is my family. So I've been married, just celebrated my thirty fifth anniversary, which is absolutely amazing, married my high school sweetheart. I don't take for granted each and every day that I got to come home right seven combat tours, alive, awake, breathing, and still you know, raise three wonderful kids. There's a lot of families that didn't get to have that right, and I want to make sure that these families are never forgotten, that their voices or heard, their stories are told.
Speaker 2: And be with them, you know, through that.
Speaker 18: And you know, one of the things that our recipient families will tell you. Education is obviously important, the money is important helping them achieve their educational dreams, but they'll even thank you more for thank you for allowing us to be seen, to be heard, to be able to tell the amazing stories of their loved ones.
Speaker 7: You ever put on the flight suit just for fun?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we have to every once in a while.
Speaker 18: I just everyone, So I just go put it on and you know, walk in the kitchen where my wife is and stuff like that, and they're like, you know, I still got it.
Speaker 13: Ye Yeah.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't want the answer I'd ask him, but say, don't answer.
Speaker 2: Don't answer that.
Speaker 6: So Folds of Honor dot org. People that are listening now, how can they help?
Speaker 18: Oh go to foldsvondor dot org and join us at thirteen dollars a month. A lot of people ask why thirteen. It takes exactly thirteen folds to bring that flag to its iconic triangle shape of freedom. Right, you're gonna spend more than out at Starbucks today, so hey, go grab go or go get onto the website folds vondor dot or click donate sign up for thirteen bucks a month.
Speaker 6: Colonel Nichols, thank you for your time, thank you for your service, Thank you for coming in and talking to us about this, and anybody out there listening, we encourage it. If anything, just go check it out Folds of Honor dot org.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: If we can just get you there to read about it, we think that we can inspire you to actually be a part of it when you can be a part of it, Colonel Nichols, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys.
Speaker 7: Bobby Bones, let's check some voicemails.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hi, I was just watching Holiday Harmony. I didn't have Max last year. But I have it this year, and Amy, you did a great job. You were in it more than I was expecting, and I just wanted to remind you how great of a job you did. Loved watching you.
Speaker 7: That's fun to hear our little fsbian.
Speaker 2: Does that money keep on coming every Christmas for her?
Speaker 9: No, it comes all throughout the year. I don't know why.
Speaker 7: What do you mean you don't know why?
Speaker 9: Well, I don't because it is.
Speaker 13: A Christmas movie, so I don't know why, you know, Like in July, I was getting a check, but that was for I think international screenings.
Speaker 6: I uh, screening probably not really the word international streaming. They're having like red carpets.
Speaker 9: Good funt yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: I would say that usually when somebody writes a song on a wrong song comes ahead, like the streaming of it takes six to nine months before they start to get checks. So you probably get them in July from Christmas right from all the show.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 13: Sometimes That's why I just checked my mailbox, which since we've switched studios, I don't know where my new mailbox is.
Speaker 7: The check here to the why do you have us set to work? Have at your home don't have to set to work.
Speaker 9: Why, well, this is the address I gave them, the actually old address. Oh I need to update. Okay, this is going to be a problem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I might have money there where money comes. Never send it to anywhere you don't own. But because anytime you can be fired, that building can move. There's all these things you don't control there.
Speaker 9: Okay, it's okay, I'll figure this out.
Speaker 7: It's okay for me. I'm my money. I agree.
Speaker 13: No, I'm really glad that this call happened and that this conversation came up, because I'd be like, hmm, I wonder if I'm still getting royalties?
Speaker 7: Oh got it the voicemail?
Speaker 9: Yeah, because she said.
Speaker 13: She watched it on Max, which who knew? I thought maybe eventually they'd remove it.
Speaker 2: From your who knew? You don't know that, No, I know.
Speaker 6: But the great thing about streaming is they don't have to remove anything ever because it's oh it can always.
Speaker 7: It doesn't hurt them to leave it up.
Speaker 6: It sometimes, yeah, but they don't have to unless it is old or they lose rights to it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they can make money back if they sell it.
Speaker 9: Well, everybody should go watch it today. Stream holiday harmony today, so that it stays up.
Speaker 7: It's only been up a year. They're not going to put it up for a year and take it down.
Speaker 9: No, this Christmas will be two years right until.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean this read the second year. If it were eight years ago and no one's watching it, Okay, they may pull it. Okay, cool, it's still new, it's still fresh.
Speaker 9: I know my scene is pivotal in the bathroom.
Speaker 7: Have you seen the director's cut because they actually show Amy going to the bathroom for her.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was awkward.
Speaker 7: They cut that other part of it because it's not not comfortable with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Biggest check, Oh, the biggest check was the original.
Speaker 7: That was the pay for it, though that doesn't count for residual.
Speaker 13: Was my residuals? I don't know the biggest one. Maybe seventy dollars or something. Yeah, because they've come more frequently than just July. But sometimes it'll be twenty five.
Speaker 2: You mean seventy thousand.
Speaker 7: No, I used to get on for two cents.
Speaker 2: Two cents.
Speaker 6: It would cost more money for them to send me the residual for band Slam, for any of the stuff Nashville.
Speaker 7: Band Slam am Wow. Different like award shows.
Speaker 6: If they got air to the places, I would just get random checks and it would cost more for them to send with postage than they were actually putting.
Speaker 2: In the check.
Speaker 9: No big deal.
Speaker 13: On my to do list today it's change address with Warner Brothers. I just never thought in my life i'd.
Speaker 1: Ever write that.
Speaker 9: That does sound cool, I know, like FYI let sag know that I've moved.
Speaker 7: Told on me write this jumping fireman shot in Himer.
Speaker 6: I just never thought i'd write those words together. I never thought I right that, and I did jump in fireman shot in him.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I never thought.
Speaker 9: That, Bobby, You know what I mean. I never thought i'd be in a movie.
Speaker 2: Never thought you'd be a movie star.
Speaker 7: That wouldn't be in a movie?
Speaker 1: What growing up?
Speaker 7: I never thought I had bigger goals for you?
Speaker 9: Well, I never. I never thought i'd be on the radio. If you want to go.
Speaker 7: Back that, I also thought that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I guess I just see more of you than you do. We need to pick that mirror, Amy, Okay, you need to see the beauty in that mirror.
Speaker 9: No, no, this is exciting to me.
Speaker 13: It's reminding me that I was, you know, taking acting lessons, and I wanted to do more acting, and I never did. I mean, I did take the acting lessons, but I never auditioned for anything else, which is a real shame.
Speaker 7: You never auditioned, or you never auditioned and got it.
Speaker 13: I never auditioned, which that was my goal. Was just auditioned for a bunch of things.
Speaker 7: And then I, how would you have auditioned? Meaning were they for local stuff or.
Speaker 13: Well whatever my acting coach was telling me. I needed to get representation and that would.
Speaker 7: Help, and then let's tell you would know about most of.
Speaker 13: It, right, and then they could pitch me for certain things. And then I just never really took that next step, which means I guess I didn't want it bad enough.
Speaker 9: But this is a reminder, so maybe.
Speaker 7: It'll come back, so by you being reminded of money.
Speaker 13: No, no, not by money, obviously the checks or twenty five dollars. I don't know when it comes to acting that I really made that much from that, but I loved the whole experience and being on set and the trailer and waiting all all day and watching everybody else do their craft, and probably because everybody on that movie that was so kind, the director was so encouraging and nice, and I just had a really good experience and it made me want to do it more. Sort of like when I've done live podcasts and I walk out to the stage like I have this feeling inside of me like I was born for this, and then I haven't done any in a while. So, you know, like, I love being on stage, but I was never a desbian. I, on the other hand, hate both of those things that you like, I know, and you're on stage all the time.
Speaker 7: I don't hate being on stage. I hate doing podcasts on stage because, oh, because it's like they're in a seat and they're gonna watch me talk. I should feel like I should be doing more.
Speaker 13: Oh I would walk out in the crowd. Oh yeah, I was interactive. Interactive well, and I'd bring people up on stage.
Speaker 7: Oh true, Sure. And then I had I hated acting.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you didn't like sitting around all day waiting for your scene. I see, I liked the sitting around.
Speaker 7: I hated sitting around.
Speaker 6: I hated watching other people do their crap because I was like, I'm here to do my crap and I got other work to do, and they didn't care about the other work. And then I would get out there. It was pretty It's fine, right, it's fine, not for me. But I didn't Nashville a bunch of times, and my roles kept getting bigger, not for any reason other than I think the show was getting more popular and I was getting like this weird little drop of semi fame. So they were like, have lines in it, so I would go on and do. But I would like work across from like Rain to James Yeah, and then like I'd have to act with her, And that was really that. And all the cameras and all the people are around, they got crap all top of you, and you get real actors doing all their stuff and you're like, oh, they're expecting me to just nail it so they can go to their next scene. And so you come in you have like four lines and you're just, oh god, I suck.
Speaker 7: At this, and then you do it and you're like, all right, do it again. And then I'm like, is it my fault?
Speaker 6: No, we usually do it like six times, and then as second time was my fault, yeah, that time it was oh god, yeah, see I didn't I didn't like that, yeah, because I didn't control it like it was someone else, was living someone else's narrative.
Speaker 7: I didn't like that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't mind that.
Speaker 2: You mean like acting like you're acting like someone else, So you don't like that.
Speaker 7: Everything that I was doing I was being told to do in a way to do it, including who I was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's got to mess with like your psyche like who you are?
Speaker 9: I like being told, but I feel like actors are like, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Think if I've always done it, if I've always done it, I think it'd be great. Really, Yeah, I'm just always the opposite of that. It's been like I will say who I am, what I am, and now they're like, okay, you'll stand like this. And I'm sure if i'd have been trained or like doing it, but yeah, not really for me.
Speaker 7: Tough life. Amy loves it.
Speaker 9: Well, Amy, are you going to circle back?
Speaker 2: Are you stuck in the Christmas role?
Speaker 3: I love that?
Speaker 2: Type cast?
Speaker 9: Or am I am? I type cast for bathroom scenes?
Speaker 2: Mate? Right?
Speaker 7: WHOA, there's a lot of work there and if that that's kind of work you want to think we can get it for you.
Speaker 9: I need I know what I would.
Speaker 13: I would gladly take like Christmas role if you want me to be a Hallmark Christmas Girl, Lifetime Christmas Girl, Netflix Christmas Girl.
Speaker 7: The people that can Amri's scripts below my mind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because they sitcom And I've known a few people in sitcoms where they only get them like leading into that week because they have so many to do if they're shooting. Sometimes they would shoot twenty episodes, right, and you go and you spend a whole week doing it, and it's like, Okay, here's your script for this week. And you're memorizing scenes before you go do them. That's hard, and I'm sure it's a muscle you have to train, just like any other muscle.
Speaker 7: But man, I have no memory. There are songs that Eddie and I wrote. I don't even remember and we wrote them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard one the other day and the like, is that ours? We write that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: At Kroger's right walking over signing them top Uh. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So you check out the movie Amy's in Holiday Harmony on Max and hopefully they don't sell your movie to take a tax break.
Speaker 9: That's right, Let's keep it there.
Speaker 7: Let's keep it there and you keep making that money.
Speaker 13: And then if anybody else is listening and they're working on a Christmas movie, I'm.
Speaker 7: Available, or a bathroom scene or they want to fill me in the bathroom.
Speaker 9: Yes, I'm available.
Speaker 7: Eddie was showing me a camera we have in the green room. I can hit the hit it just hit. I want to switch where is it?
Speaker 6: And he has a camera that he can we can watch the trinket checket. We can see people in the green room because we have guests that are coming up a little bit of interview. We can see them in there. And then he goes, you got to see the one happen the bathroom and I laughed out loud. But he doesn't have one. But if you want to do lit acting, we can start there. Let me do a couple other voicemails. Let's go the next one, number four.
Speaker 5: Hi, I have a morning corny for Amy. What did the shoes say to the pants?
Speaker 16: What's up? Bridges?
Speaker 5: Hope you guys have a great day.
Speaker 9: I just have such good ones, like can I use that later? Why it was here?
Speaker 7: It's it's a great one.
Speaker 9: I know it's hers. I can I can be like this is from a listener.
Speaker 7: What did the truck say to all of the parent trucks? What's up? Mother truckers? I just made that up.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 7: Better.
Speaker 9: What did the show say to the pants? What's up Bridges?
Speaker 1: That is so good?
Speaker 2: It is so good.
Speaker 9: What's her name?
Speaker 2: You're gonna credit her when you tell the duke?
Speaker 7: Now you can't tell it.
Speaker 9: I'm not going to tell it. What was her name?
Speaker 7: I don't know. I marked it office. I think this is no name. Oh my gosh, no name, no name? Okay, one more, go ahead. Yes, you're talking about holidays.
Speaker 12: People are already decorating for Christmas.
Speaker 8: And lunch is going on about Thanksgiving.
Speaker 7: But the next holiday is actually Veteran stay lunchbox.
Speaker 6: So you said the next holidays Thanksgiving, and you want you to know it's actually Veterans Day.
Speaker 14: Oh you don't decorate for Veterans Day?
Speaker 2: Sure you do. You put a flag up, do you know?
Speaker 7: Okay, then some people do that.
Speaker 2: We will not allow that, will not decorate better.
Speaker 7: You don't, and you acted like you did. We're not going to allow the flag.
Speaker 2: If I did, i'd put it.
Speaker 7: Okay, we'll get your flag.
Speaker 2: Oh man, put a pool. I've always thought about putting a poll in front my house.
Speaker 14: And you've always thought about giving a kidney too.
Speaker 7: That's true.
Speaker 6: Lunchbox shamed him. Thank you for the voicemails. You can always leave us voicemail eight seven, seven seventy seven. Bobby, we gotta have a championship match on naming movies from famous actors. So Lunchbox Eddie picked to go first last time. You can pick to go first or second.
Speaker 14: This time I'll go second. It's fun.
Speaker 6: Okay, We're gonna do movies from Nicole Kidman. You're gonna go back and forth until you okay, you forfeit?
Speaker 2: No, I mean, do you forfeit?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: Okay, and Lunchbox go.
Speaker 14: Uh Days of Thunder correct.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be out that what I'm saying, dude?
Speaker 7: Oh far and away, Mike, it's correct. Nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 7: What in the world.
Speaker 2: I don't know where that came from. Is that where they were running look for land or something?
Speaker 6: I don't know, But I gotta give Lunchbox time. As you ask questions, Lunchbox, your timer starts over, so go ahead.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 7: Go ahead.
Speaker 14: Holland Michigan.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 7: Holland, Michigan.
Speaker 14: It's on there. She filmed in my neighborhood.
Speaker 7: Is it out?
Speaker 14: Though I don't know.
Speaker 7: It doesn't count, but it's not out what not till twenty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got a few years. Next year, next year, dude, and well.
Speaker 7: Again, five more seconds.
Speaker 14: Nicole Kidman eyes watch shut correct.
Speaker 7: That's yeah, Eddie, Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 2: And Keith do a movie. Gosh, TV shows.
Speaker 4: No m.
Speaker 2: Cole Kidden. I don't know man, he's the champ. I don't like that.
Speaker 6: I don't know Mulin Rouge of course, Batman Forever. Oh, let's see the ones that I wouldn't Stepford Wives, Bewitched, Happy Feet, Let's see ye just go with.
Speaker 7: It, Paddington, Paddington Berry. There's a lot of these because I.
Speaker 6: Just don't watch a lot of movies that I don't boy Erased Aquaman Being the Ricardo.
Speaker 7: Oh that was a really good one.
Speaker 2: Oh she was Lucy.
Speaker 7: She was Lucy? Uh and oh yes, what is being Ricardo's ball?
Speaker 9: I love Lucy?
Speaker 2: What's that show that I was trying to think of?
Speaker 9: That movie's a perfect couple?
Speaker 7: Perfect?
Speaker 11: No, the other one, the one perfect Streme not perfect Strangers nine Strings.
Speaker 7: Thathing's gonna stop us now? Yeah, you guys have a great day and we will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye, Get Bobby Ball Zoom.
Speaker 6: The Bobby Bones Show theme song written, produced, and sang by read Yarberry. You can find his instagram at read Yarberry, Scuba Steve Executive producer, Ray Mundo, Head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast.