Speaker 1: What's up? What up? Welcome to Serial Killers, Hold.
Speaker 2: On live from the Farmland Fresh Dairy Studios.
Speaker 3: This is serial Killers.
Speaker 4: I love that you finally have a sponsor.
Speaker 1: You like that our friends from Farmland Fresh Dairies, thank you very much. And we have to welcome a few people here stand by. That's also that's also my country tis of thee It is right, isn't the same? God save the Queen, the King, the king, the Narrow family is here. This is very exciting to me because Spencer is back from from across the pond, as they say, right, and and I hear that you've brought some exciting serials all over.
Speaker 2: The United Kingdom for the best cereals, to bring back the best, and I made sure to bring back two of the best looking boxes.
Speaker 1: Have you sampled a bunch? You have not? So what what is your typical breakfast?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I mean back here, I used to have like thousand, a thousand calories each day for breakfast. I probably had like five hundred calories for breakfast, so I was like an omelet. I was able to make an omelet. But then you know, I'd have like an orange or I'd have cornflake cereal like generic corn flake cereal on the side, but you know, not beans on toast. Didn't have beans on toes?
Speaker 1: That is that?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: What's the typical UK breakfast? Is it massive?
Speaker 3: Beans on toes?
Speaker 1: Is it like is that like baked? Is that baked beans?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, it's very different baked beans to the ones over here. Yeah, they saw that in America and the four It doesn't taste. Isn't that imported?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it still doesn't.
Speaker 1: That's a turquoise and black can Yeah. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: If you do that though on a baked potato with melted mazzarella che potato, My gosh, it's so good. Oh chatter anything.
Speaker 1: Chatta on a potato? Yeah, love it all right. So obviously Andrew is not here today. He's he's busy doing bigger and better podcasts. So he's down the hall with TJ Holmes and Amy Roadblock whatever her name is Roadblock Roadbuck, Yeah, which are now part of the iHeartRadio family. So welcome aboard. Maybe we'll do a crossover with them, hopefully. See I told him, like, dude, when you're talking to TJ and Amy, go in there and say, so, you know what do you guys eat for breakfast and try to do it, you know, but no, He's like no, no, no, no, no, no, you know nothing, you know nothing about Yeah. Anyway, so let's get this going serial killers in turn because it is nice. Let's break him out, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So straight out of Leeds, England in the United Kingdom. First, we have Kellogg's honey Bees loops or something like that.
Speaker 4: Have you done that one?
Speaker 1: No? I don't think so. I've seen that box. Oh you know? Okay, hold on, we checked.
Speaker 2: The Cereal site for everything.
Speaker 1: Because look, the boxes must all look the same. So that is that.
Speaker 2: That's the generic corn flakes that I've had for breakfast every day. Is different from this, I'm assuming.
Speaker 1: So do a lot of the Kellogg's boxes there look like this. Literally, the entire wall of Cereal is just this color. Interesting, it just looks like a wall. Well, I mean, I just threw it down there with the rest of my mask. But yeah, So.
Speaker 2: This, this one is the first one that we have, and then the second one. I don't think you have this one either, check the website. But Golden Nuggets.
Speaker 1: I've never done. It's really good.
Speaker 4: Don't you love a good golden nugget.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's like, that's like the treasure. Look they what to expect from this one according to that box they went down under and mind for that. I don't know which one to try first. This one looks a little bit more boring, so let's try that first. Let's go honeys right, I don't even know what that is, but it's not they're not even z's theirs.
Speaker 4: Well okay, but.
Speaker 2: Everything in England that they spelled with a Z.
Speaker 1: It's a Z. You know where I learned that from the Spice girls. Yeah, because back in the day when they would come in, they would go, this is baby Spice, whoever the hell her name was on Z one hundred. Yeah. Cool, all right, so this is Family's Health, supporting your family's health. It's got iron and vitamin D and oh my god, it's got one of these cool games on the back. Do you know what this game reminds me of? You probably remember growing up there was a show called Blockbusters. Yeah, you wrote with Alan Ludden. I think, oh yeah, and that's exactly little. You had to get from one side to the other, and I think that's pretty much it. You have to leave. I'm sorry. Yeah, you're checking your watch.
Speaker 4: Diamonds just texting me how bad she feels. Diamond was out sick.
Speaker 1: Today, Okay, because usually Andrew's like on his phone. I already ripped the top of the box. I'm very upset.
Speaker 4: That's all right. Oh you know how he has to open the box a certain way.
Speaker 1: Affection. Okay. So they're a little bit yellow ish, like look at look at them, look at the look at the color on them. They're a little yellow, all right. I hope they smell like nothing.
Speaker 2: They smell like absolutely noting fibers.
Speaker 4: They kind of look like like would you would be right?
Speaker 1: You know what this looks like like when you go to the petting zoo and you put a quarter in the little machine, right, That's what it looks like when the little Yeah, yeah, so this is gonna be so this will be spectacular. He's like, thanks, very excited, all right, something to go back to the Farmland Fresh Airy's fridge.
Speaker 4: He really does have a fridge.
Speaker 1: Today. We're gonna be using Farmland Fresh Airries organic two percent milk. I like to use the organic because just because the container photographs better. You know, when you when you use the plastic jug and it's like half empty. You totally just spit in there by the way that one's yours.
Speaker 4: Okay, no problem, yeah, changed, ye, don't make fun of me.
Speaker 1: So would you say that over there is Cereal more or less prevalent than it is here? Like you know, here the entire aisle is breakfast Cereals.
Speaker 2: I mean it's definitely less prevalent. I mean they still it's still a big thing over there, Like they have their own you know, brands and everything, but right, I mean, they don't have the whole aisle dedicated to Cereal. They have a back wall that they just you know, stack up, but it literally looks the same. So you don't even know what Cereal have the times like a wall.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, ready, Yeah, the crunch is definitely different. It's got that. Yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Horrible.
Speaker 1: No, it's no flavor, that's right, it's not. You get just a touch of honey when it first goes in your mouth, and then it's it's very fibery.
Speaker 4: It's more crunchy than tasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an interesting consistency. Look, it's not awful, but it's not bad. I have to write all these letters out, so s is me, d is, Danielle, s p is, Spencer and s h is. There's so many s's. You all know the rating system. We go five balls, spoons or a half. I'm giving this three bowls in a spoon. It's not horrendous, not great, you know, it's kind of middle of the road ish. Two bowls, two balls from SPU and shot. I think it's a three ball in a couple of spoons.
Speaker 2: You got to stick to the rating system.
Speaker 1: I mean three balls and a couple of spoons will be four balls. Yeah, let's say three and a spoon. Okay, Yeah, I mean I took the international factor into account, so it's it's not bad. I don't there's really no equivalent to this here to the other.
Speaker 2: One that looked very similar to the flakes. The flakes are very flavorful. The flakes are really sweet and I really like them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this, and I'm guessing that this is made over there, yes, yeah, not imported, I don't think so. It's yeah UK, Yeah, so it's made over in the UK.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 1: All right, So that was that was all right? Let's see the let me see those nuggets.
Speaker 4: We want the nuggets the underneath here, how many cereals there are. There's Devil Dogs, Little Mermaid cereal, more of those snoop cereal?
Speaker 1: That how you go back and have more of the ones? Yeah, not really. Well, Danielle will come in and pick every once in a while, so say which one, which one's not stale? You know, She'll go and and grab some. But I'm still trying to figure out what to do with them. I mean, I don't want to throw them out because I feel like it's wasteful. I want to keep the boxes.
Speaker 4: I told him he should make a blanket, but he said that would be a very hard blanket.
Speaker 1: A blanket from the cereal, or make a big poster board. Yeah, there's so much, and I would have to keep swapping them out. I don't I just don't know.
Speaker 2: What to do with it. Now. Is this?
Speaker 4: Did you have that one granola one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, listen, I.
Speaker 4: I do listen, but I'm a little behind.
Speaker 1: I see Okay, all right, so golden nuggets. This is Nestli. So Neslie does not make cereals over here in the States. Uh Nesslie's also owned the license to many cereals that you see here, like you might see cheerios or something over there, and it will be made by Nesley. You know it's not I don't believe that General Mills is a cereal company in the UK. General Mills, right, So so what Nesslie will do is you know in different countries they put their name on on stuff.
Speaker 3: And here's a tidbit for you. I love it's not called Nestle. It's like Nike and Nike in England that's called right. It's like they make a milky bar, all right, so it used to be called Nessl's milky bar and this is Nestle's golden nugget. Interesting, it's the same as Nike and Nike call.
Speaker 4: And you know it's.
Speaker 1: Isn't really? I thought people just said that, like it's added.
Speaker 2: Isa where I had to speak about Adidas and I had to say and I got corrected eight times?
Speaker 1: Is it over there they have Panasonic?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I only say that because do you remember Danielle You remember back in the day when we were in Secaucus. So today she was our financial person over there. I don't know if you remember her, but her car broke down on Meadowland Parkway and the Panasonic building was over there, so we're like, where are you will come help you by And we had we had no idea where she We didn't know what she was talking about. So you know, all right, all right, all right, he's got a Vegas flare to it. Golden nuggets again, no smell. No, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: They look like there there looks like a distant cousin of like Captain Crunch stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Very good could be there, like smaller cap'n crunches.
Speaker 4: Cereal.
Speaker 2: Trust me, I've had you guys as well with me all over in England.
Speaker 1: Spencer could be our best listener. His mom works here and doesn't listen to us.
Speaker 4: I do listen. I just don't listen to podcasts as much.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I listened to my audible books.
Speaker 1: There you go, Spenny, we'd like to reuse the spoons, if you don't mind. Is that your one? Danielle, Here you go, I'm gonna do that for you. I just got milk all over my hand. But it's okay. It smells good in a couple of hours, yeah, okay. Nestle Nestle's golden nugget, hm hm hmmm. I tend to find that the flavor is just not there with all these cereals like corn pops. Yeah it is like corn, but not as sweet. Not as sweet, yeah, not as sweet.
Speaker 2: But I you know what, I don't want this one. I think it's better than the other one.
Speaker 4: This one needs marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Everything needs marshmallows. But the world is a better place with marshmallows in it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the they when I was going through Sainsbury's, they have like a full bag of marshmallows, and I was like, yeah, yeah, Sainsbury's is like the local grocery store back there, but you know, I mean past the island and they had like a bag of marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Now do the cereals over there have more? I mean, are there any marshmallows? Like can you get lucky charms there?
Speaker 2: I don't remember seeing lucky charms, but there might be some cereals with marshmallows. But what I thought it was was that you know, they sell it separately, so that if you want it, then you to the marshmallows.
Speaker 1: But not everybody likes the marshmallow. And just like we have the isle of imports here that has all the Cadbury stuff and whatever, is there?
Speaker 2: An is there a funny for the American import aisle. It's there's some stores dedicated to American imports and they're.
Speaker 1: Filled with people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really, it's like and it's like the normal things, like the everyday things that you have around here. So like, you know, Laysed potato chips instead of Walkers crisps something like.
Speaker 1: But Walker's is the same logo, right, I love that the same company probably if they can use the same logos for lay zones it somehow. All right, I'm I'm I'm gonna go two bowls and a spoon on this one. Don't love it doesn't have much flavor, the textures is eh.
Speaker 4: I'm giving it two spoon as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you think, I'm gonna say three bowls. I like the first one better, but this is very corn poppy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna go three bowls on that. Ye, I like it better than the first one.
Speaker 1: I feel like Sheldon is not a very sweet guy. You are, you're a sweetheart, but I feel you don't like sweets. I agreed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And if you give him sweet and savory together, like if I have like if I have a if I have a waffle and I put sometimes I'll put my frieda egg and then I'll pour syrup. He's like so disgusted. Do not like sweet flavor? Oh yes, but yet he'll have a pickled onion and think it's the best thing.
Speaker 1: But don't mix the sweet.
Speaker 4: So good, so good.
Speaker 1: That's how you grew up. I guess, all right, awesome, So we'll be back with one of my cereals right after this. It's the right thing to do. Nice and we're bad.
Speaker 4: Wow that was quick. Well.
Speaker 1: I usually I like to have that that sounder, but Andrew never put it back in, so I just have to play a random thing every time, you know, we go to break so especially knows that. Of course. All right, So I don't have a new American cereal today, but I did find a cereal in Trader Joe's couple of days ago. I don't shop there much, but this one just kind of stood out because the name of the cereal just reminded me of Andrew for some reason. So go down to the cereal sack.
Speaker 4: Here he's drop.
Speaker 1: So these are tiny fruity cuties. I don't know, but I saw it. I was like, oh, thats right, But it looks like tricks because for a minute tricks had the fruit shaped pieces. I don't even know if they're balls again now or if they're back to the fruit shape. But so this looks like a very bland looking tricks and so, you know, you get it a Trader Joe, so you kind of think maybe it's a little bit healthier, but it has all the same It has cane sugar though, which is good. It doesn't have you know that, right, yeah, all the bad sugars. I like the box art. It's pretty. The box itself is awful. It's awful because I've already torn it.
Speaker 4: The glue is very box etiquette.
Speaker 1: This is this is a flimsy box. This is a flimsy box. The over these boxes are pretty flimsy to I'm sorry you keep it clean. Nothing was clean. Flimsy boxes. They're terrible, you know. So these look like it looks like moons moons, and they look like it smells like medicine, right, maybe not it's vitamins that or Saint Joseph's chewabowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you remember as a kid Saint Joseph's the chewabyls that was chalky, but every kid had them, I don't think so they have Saint Joseph. But I don't know if they still make those kids chewable ones because we used to eat those like candy. Yeah, it probably should not have that an aspergum? Do you remember aspergum? Everybody who's always chewing aspergum in school? What's aspergum? Oh, he's not here, Andrew. You know, Andrew's off to bigger and better. So maybe we'll see him again. Maybe we don't.
Speaker 4: You say that every time? Thank you?
Speaker 1: This is very citrusy. Yeah, so this is a podcast that pressed in. Your other son does not listen to no No.
Speaker 4: Because were you.
Speaker 1: Chewing his mouth wide open like a horn.
Speaker 4: I had avocado and I had onion, and I felt like I didn't want to offend anyone, so I was chewing.
Speaker 1: How did he grow up in that house? Because he.
Speaker 4: Doesn't eat in another room. He doesn't eat with me, and he doesn't eat with my mom.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, so there are moons, different color moons and some things and yeah, okay, here we go. M I like it. It tastes like it tastes just a little bit like tricks, but it tastes much more natural. It almost tastes like a little bit of juice. At first, this reminds me of fruit loops.
Speaker 2: But yeah, especially like because in fruit loops the milk like soaks into the fruit loop and then when you crunch into the fruit loop like explodes with like is fruit like milk.
Speaker 1: But that's that's that one's very fake though, like fruit lipsirts artificially everything.
Speaker 4: I don't like the aftertaste of this.
Speaker 1: I'll allow you to say captain because you know you're from over there. No, it's okay, it's all right, you get a pass. Plus you're not Andrew. I only don't so sweet and corn and oat cereal naturally flavored with other natural flavors. I like that, so corn flour, cane sugar, corn meal, old flour, canola, blah blah blah blah blah, vegetable juice for color. It's it's all natural, which is nice.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: You don't like it. Oh, it's a product of Canada.
Speaker 2: For me, that's sweet.
Speaker 1: I'm giving it four balls. I'm giving a Yeah, I like it. I think it's good. It's a fruit cereal and it's naturally flavored. There's there's not crap in it, really, I mean cane sugar, mm hmm better than the other two. It's a two for me.
Speaker 2: Scut, I'm gonna go four bowls.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, ma'am. Yeah, job, it was really good, my ma'am. There you go all right. So, I mean, look, I think that was a very exciting episode. Yeah, I thank you very much, Thank you amazing. Yeah, I love it. You put in your suitcase. How'd you get here?
Speaker 2: Well, we sent it back with well, I brought it home in the suitcase last time I was there the vaults.
Speaker 4: Since then, it's it's been in our Cereal vault at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's great. The boxes aren't crushed. Did a very nice job job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would you have eaten it if we brought you back crush boxes?
Speaker 1: I would have eat I would not have eaten it if it was opened and rolled down, you know. Well then from you guys, I trust if a listener sent me a roll down bag, I don't know about that one. So please follow us on all social platforms. Serial Killers PC uh and and we miss you, Andrew. Andrew.
Speaker 2: I've been on Serial Killers four times and I've been on with you once.
Speaker 4: And come on, Andrew, you gotta do better.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully we'll see you on Wednesday with the Bull Chat. That's if Andrews, you know, up for it. Otherwise, what day? I don't even know what today is? Monday, December what? No, no, no, no, it's this guy, this guy. It's Monday. What is it the aighteenth? Yeah, So we'll be back with a brand new episode Christmas Day because we don't take a break, right yeah, So enjoy the holidays. Uh and uh say crunch everyone,