Speaker 1: Vibers are designed by men for the most part.
Speaker 2: For the most part, historically, that's how they started.
Speaker 1: Do you remember your first vibrator?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Do you still own it?
Speaker 2: Definitely? Not? Definitely not Eh.
Speaker 4: Cash Show, Tosh Show, Show, Ron Daniel.
Speaker 1: Hey, how's it going, Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. Welcome to Toss Show. Hey, uh, do me a favor, guys. No spoilers on the election. I record it and I'm gonna watch it in four years. I'm just gonna go about my day. I'm never gonna look at my phone, never gonna read any articles, and I'm just gonna see if I can tell who one based on how kind people are to one another for the next four years. Okay, thank you for respecting that. Now, I do want to get into some comments that have been made to our YouTube channel, Eddie, I hear you got some good ones.
Speaker 3: I got them loaded up. Here we go from the Chris Cortazo episode. I love how Daniel Tosh wanted to only interview normal people, so not celebrities. But his version of normal people are basically aristocrats.
Speaker 1: Ah my goodness, And these are fans of mine, right, They are just so dumb. I never said I wanted to interview normal people. I said, I wanted to interview interesting people, people that I found interesting. These these people that think there's only two types of people in the world, celebrities and normal baffling. I think they are aristocrats.
Speaker 3: Oy.
Speaker 1: Hey, that guy climbs rocks really fast. What an aristocrat?
Speaker 3: Yeah, be very opposite.
Speaker 1: I mean, give it a break, guys, the show is simple. I think the person's interesting. Let's talk for a little bit. The end. God, damn it, Eddie, the first comment already got me heated.
Speaker 3: Yeah you are steaming.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it's a microcosm.
Speaker 3: Look at these new fancy thumbnails.
Speaker 1: That's funny. I'm glad someone noticed. John sure won't shut the fuck up about them.
Speaker 3: Regarding the free plug segment at the end, Do any of these people, organizations, whatever ever tell you that they had one hell of a turnout for their yard sale or community theater production.
Speaker 1: You would think, But the answer is no. I've never gotten any feedback like, hey, thanks a lot for doing that. Quite the contrary, the bread company that those ladies were running that I thought was so amazing, the Fakaca bread. I haven't seen them at the farmers market since h they just don't show up anymore. By giving them a free plug, I have cost them business apparently, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'd love to know what happened at Larpfest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd loved I'd love to know what happened at Larpfest. Be great, give us some feedback, Guys, are these plugs? Are they reaching the people that I hope?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The Rising Sun is basically the swastika of the East Asian countries.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's all the fact checking I need. I will never buy another Rising Sun belt again.
Speaker 3: Why the fuck do they still have the stupid video border?
Speaker 1: They you still got that border up? John, oh Man, the border? Maybe we do something different with the border. I wouldn't touch it. What about if there's an option where you can watch the video without a border.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's kind of neat.
Speaker 1: So we have two channels. We have Toss Show on YouTube. You can sign up subscribe, or we can get Toss Show without border.
Speaker 3: That sounds like it's more inclusive.
Speaker 1: Actually, see if we can snag that handle before it's long gone.
Speaker 3: Next up, I just saw you last month in Vegas. You are still the best stand up comedian out there. Edie opened and he is hilarious as we well, first time I had heard his stand up, but he was really great. Jesus, did you pick that one Eddie first I've seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, that's really nice of you. Thank you for coming to see us. Do stand up as a lady.
Speaker 3: I like Tasha's tree set up. I never thought about propping up the tree.
Speaker 1: Well as a man, You're welcome. That's that's our role as men, to make your lady lives easier. By the way, I know that's not my idea. I'm sure a million people have put their Christmas tree on top of, you know, a riser of sorts and tons of You can't trim the branch, of course, you can trim the branches, but the bottom branches, those are the biggest branches. They're the ones that go out the farthest. That's the most bang for your buck when you're buying per foot, So trimming those off that's just wasteful, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So I get just enough for the base to get in and then usually I find one spot that I can get my hand in, so I water effectively every couple days. But you know, I want to keep those big long branches from on the bottom. Oh man, I'm getting excited for my tree hunt this year. Eddie. You always don't buy a tree. You always go out into the wilderness and chop your own tree down. But every tree I've ever seen, it's just maybe the worst Christmas tree I've ever ever looked at.
Speaker 3: It's a small cabin. I have to really specifically, it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Has nothing to do the cabin. It's never full. It looks it doesn't look like you are even cutting proper Christmas trees.
Speaker 3: No, I love what I come home with every year.
Speaker 1: Well, let's put a photo up of one of Eddie's Christmas trees and tell me that it's not the most depressing thing you've ever looked at. There's barely enough branches ever to hold your ornaments.
Speaker 3: That we do kind of get. It is close. Sometimes it's year to year we're like, I think, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Just think you guys go for a walk, and then you're like, all right, who wants to head back? Let's just take this one, all right? What else you got?
Speaker 3: Also from the Chris Tazo episode, not in the cool part of Malibu near the beach, I mean west West of the beach is ocean.
Speaker 1: I knew as soon as I said that that people would make this comment. But it's like, am I really going to explain to them the geography of Malibu Malibu is you can go east and west on the pch through Malibu, Santa Monica Bay hooks around and my home. I stare out at the ocean due east. I watched sunrises over Santa Monica Bay, so I'm looking at the ocean, staring due east with the sun coming up. It's it's I know, it's I knew I shouldn't have said it the right way just so people wouldn't have these dumb comments. But you get it. So next time you're you know, in front of a globe, a really big globe, I guess globe, you want to look at how Malibu wraps around? I mean, you really want me to blow people's minds? Here La Okay, which is on the west coast of California, and Tahoe, which is on the east coast of California. Actually on a map, Tahoe is further west than Los Angeles. Does that blow your mind?
Speaker 3: This is like Schmiger dun whatever from the Haunted House episode Tosh, all right, get that off my desk please. Haunted house guy drags chainsaw blade across edge of new desk.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was this blade. I'm glad this person noticed it. Great comment. Send that person the plaque the youtubelack, because I'm staring at it right now, the brand new table. I'm staring at the scratches from the box. I think what happened was the box that had sat in my garage for years had like gravel embedded into the cardboard, and when I set it, I was like, oh, it's not good. And then when he pulled it, sure as shit, he just gouged up the table the whole way across, Like ah, yeah, that's infuriating. Oh well.
Speaker 3: From Jesse's episode, his girlfriend designs adult toys. Get her on the show. That'd be a fun interview.
Speaker 1: Couldn't agree more. Enjoy. Pasha, my guest today, wants to make sure that all women, no matter where they are on a subway, in a grocery store, at a PTA meeting, jury duty, or in their home, can pleasure themselves if the mood strikes. Please welcome jewelry sex toy designer Tea.
Speaker 2: Hi, Thanks for having me how are you. I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Why are sex boys so taboo?
Speaker 5: It's our culture. We live in a puritanical culture. I mean, sex, money, death, like all these things that I think are so important to our well being, Like we can't talk about it.
Speaker 1: Is it just our country?
Speaker 5: I think in other countries as well, but ours in particular.
Speaker 1: You ever think that maybe a god doesn't want women to have orgasms.
Speaker 5: I think the patriarchy doesn't want women to have orgasms.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just so much goes into it.
Speaker 5: Jeez, Louise, see, that's exactly the problem why we have the orgasm gap.
Speaker 1: I've I've learned a lot about this orgasm gap. I'm told it's around forty percent the gap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's quite wide.
Speaker 1: I think it should be wider. Seventy five feels right to me. Oh boy, well, I'm just it's just so one is so simple, the other one's like eh.
Speaker 2: The issues that you guys don't stay with it.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, like you guys think it's supposed to like wambam, thank you man, but it's like no, you got to like you know, take your time. And then when we're like, oh, we're coming, and then you guys then lose your mind and then like change speed and then suddenly we're not able to come again.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well that's the problem is if any deviation, you know, back to square one, that's frustrating for all parties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know, it's it's kind of enigma.
Speaker 1: Now, t do you believe in ghost.
Speaker 2: No, never seen. It never happened to me.
Speaker 1: You were born in Taiwan, correct, came to the States when you were six?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you know anything about America before you moved here?
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 5: I didn't even speak English, so I was in ESL for like most of the eighties. I didn't even come to cultural consciousness till nineties.
Speaker 1: You moved to Atlanta to correct, beautiful Atlanta.
Speaker 2: That's one one perspective.
Speaker 1: Do you remember living in Taiwan at all?
Speaker 2: I do? I do. It was a very nice place.
Speaker 5: I remember being able to walk in the streets and having street food. That's one of the big things Taiwan is known for, Like the street food is so good. Okay, yeah, yeah, I remember just the street food occasionally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's zule citizen.
Speaker 2: No, I'm American. Yeah, it was naturalized.
Speaker 1: I figured as much, but I didn't know if you like wanted. Is there any perks to have in a second citizenship A lot of people do that.
Speaker 5: Now, Yes, because Taiwan's healthcare is so much better that so many expats will actually go back and get like full body exams, where like if they have major healthcare issues like cancer, they'll actually go back get treatment because it's way cheaper there and way but I mean it's actually state of the art.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not going to treat any of my things. I'm just going out quick.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's that's an approach.
Speaker 1: That's fair. Did you like Atlanta?
Speaker 2: It'll always be home.
Speaker 1: Are your parents' family still there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my entire family. I'm the only black sheep that's outside of Atlanta black.
Speaker 1: Sheep outside of Atlanta. That seems like I should there should be some comedy there, But I'm not going to say anything. What was growing up in Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Like for a young Asian person in a time that was very conservative and predominantly white, it was very isolating.
Speaker 1: What did your parents do and what brought them over here in the first place.
Speaker 5: Both my parents they were academics and they came here for basically the American dream. They want to have a better life for us. But being immigrants and their English was not very good, so when they came here, they couldn't really get like high paying jobs. So they ended up starting a furniture store. So my mom to this day, she still has the furniture store. We call her Mama Alou, and she's literally like seventy four, still running around the furniture store. So it said, it's a you know, all American furniture place.
Speaker 1: We probably sold the American dream thing. How did people find out about that? The world knows that there's this thing called the American Dream. I find that fascinating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you get here and you're like, it's not really that great, no, I mean there are opportunities, for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean I am proof of that, but like, yeah, it's not as good people.
Speaker 1: Just funny that people know, like, oh it's good a contrum, there's not.
Speaker 2: A propaganda that went around and then you get here, like.
Speaker 1: Well, in fairness, they didn't do themselves any you know, they went to the dirty South.
Speaker 5: So the South was great for music and culture.
Speaker 2: I mean I was raised on TLC. I love the nineties music.
Speaker 5: I love hip hop, but like outside of that, I mean fried chicken, you know, do I know love them?
Speaker 1: What's your second favorite song of theirs?
Speaker 2: Waterfall?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: The first was one, No Scrubs. Of course, I.
Speaker 1: Was thinking Waterfalls was one in my head. I didn't I forgot about No Scrubs. That's bad. Where did you go to college and what did you study?
Speaker 2: I went to Georgia Tech and.
Speaker 1: It just kept staying in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I had a scholarship.
Speaker 1: I mean we have school.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we didn't have much money, and so I luckily had a scholarship and affording to go to Georgia Tech. And I looked at the curriculum and I didn't want to be an engineer, so I ended up being an industrial designer.
Speaker 1: And right after college, you eventually went to the Royal College of Art in London, where you received your master's degree in vibrators. Did I read that correctly or no?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Something it's called design products. Okay, yeah, close enough.
Speaker 5: No, because they totally rip on you as an American. I mean, you know, they do it as a term of endearment, but it was very you know for American. I was just like, whoa, they're really nasty here. But really they liked you, but they always just rip on Americans.
Speaker 1: Have you always been interested in design?
Speaker 5: Yes, since I learned what it was in college. I didn't know what it was in high school.
Speaker 2: I just liked art.
Speaker 5: But yeah, in college, when I learn about design and how it can impact people, that was like a life changer for me.
Speaker 1: Where are some places that you worked?
Speaker 5: I worked at Goodie hair Brushes. Goodie they also own Acecomb Men's ace comb, which is like a iconic, like classic item for men. And then I worked at Trek Bicycle. I was their first female industrial designer there.
Speaker 1: Do you like cycling of any kind? No?
Speaker 5: And I was very honest with them when I during the interview, I was like, I haven't been a bicycle since I was like maybe twelve. But you never forget, right, you never forget that's true, And they're like, perfect, Great, that's exactly what we want.
Speaker 2: We want someone who's like not a bite geek.
Speaker 1: And I was like, okay, how'd you pivot from designing bikes at track to designing pleasure toys for women?
Speaker 5: So I've always designed with a feminist lens, like I After working, I realized there were so few women working as an industrial designer, which really was concerning because there are things that are very specific to the female experience, like breastfeeding, that there weren't that many women working in products, and so for me, I just wanted to work on experiences that centered around women, and I was hired to do so at for example, Trek And then afterwards, vibrators interested me because I just saw a dearth of nice looking vibrators. I mean, for the most part of the landscape of vibrators were very you know, anatomically inspired, and that's great for some folks, but I wanted something that was discreet and beautiful.
Speaker 2: So that's when I decided to give it a go.
Speaker 1: Vibrates are designed by men for the most.
Speaker 2: Part, for the most part the historically, that's how they started.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable.
Speaker 5: I mean, the industry is so taboo that it doesn't draw a lot of talent and like serious like designers, engineers and like business folks into the industry because people are like, oh, this is stigmatized.
Speaker 2: We shouldn't, you know, And.
Speaker 5: So it's kind of like always been the CD kind of a way, but now it's maturing and they're sophisticated consumer products at least that's how I view them.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna be able to clean up because it's like, oh, look, this industry that's got so much money has a bunch of knuckleheads running it, and I can just come in and well.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say that. I just think that. No, no, no, I think we.
Speaker 5: I just have a different perspective on how products could be because of my training and because it's just my personal taste. Just like you know, as a comedian, you have a certain way, you know, you form jokes and that's true to you. And for me as a designer, I mean, I saw a landscape of products that for me, we're not for me, you know, but they're for other people. I don't want to yuck other people's yum. But I just design in a different way. I want something that felt beautiful and it was pretty.
Speaker 1: You're not designing just the gamut of sex toys, right.
Speaker 5: Well, we do pleasure jewelry and we have what we call fine bedside products. So they're traditional, they're vibrators, but they don't look anything like vibes. They look like mascare. They look just super chic and discreet.
Speaker 1: Do you design any for men?
Speaker 2: We don't. We don't because good.
Speaker 1: You know, why gross.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, you.
Speaker 5: Guys haven't traditionally have had issues, so we don't have issues.
Speaker 2: We know when you finish, we.
Speaker 1: Don't need anything putting stuff in us, and I don't need it, yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, And so for women, it's not just always about insertion, because I think when people think of vibrators, they think a big old dildo, which you.
Speaker 1: Know, can and everything. They keep the two very separate.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 5: Then you are enlightened, you're you're right, vibrators are vibrator dildos or dildos.
Speaker 1: Dildo dildos are weird and vibrators are fine. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I just wasn't interested in designing, you know, and reinventing the wheel, and so yeah, well it's not.
Speaker 1: Really a wheel. But we understand what you're saying there. Talk about the sex toy jewelry and why women should never leave home without it.
Speaker 2: Well, why make is pleasure jewelry.
Speaker 5: It's a way that women can wear their pleasure if they want to. But the way they're designed, you can just remove the chain. If that's not to your liking, you can leave it at home as just like a chic vibrator.
Speaker 2: That you can leave at home is it only necklaces.
Speaker 5: We have necklaces and bedside products. So this like as you see here, this is our best sellers called the vesper. You can wear it out obviously, but you can also remove it because some women they feel very empowered when they wear this out. For example, this is one woman. She's told me that she wears it to a first date. She brings it on to her to first dates because she wants to know immediately if let's say, the guy that she's seeing, if he's going to have a problem with her using a vibrator, and she wants to know off the bride out all that.
Speaker 1: Seems like a crazy thing to have a problem with, but it also seems crazy on the other side to be like, hey, I brought my vibrator with me today, you know.
Speaker 5: But the thing is is that it also creates conversations that you wouldn't otherwise would not have had.
Speaker 1: How many of those things on your neck are actual?
Speaker 2: Okay, so this one and this one as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a lot of a lot of jewelry.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I know, I'm kind of extra.
Speaker 1: Do your friends think all of your accessories vibrate?
Speaker 2: Some of them? But like for the most part, they expect it and they yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, well she's got new ear rings. I'm sure that people.
Speaker 2: Do you look like this is just Apple.
Speaker 1: Watch in a pinch?
Speaker 2: It could, but you're true. It does vibrate.
Speaker 1: It does vibrate though a horseshoe one of yours. That's like, how is that supposed to be used?
Speaker 2: So that's a dual motor vibe.
Speaker 5: So it has a motor on each it's kind of like a like a little bunny ear type of thing. Basis surrounds the clarists.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so just put it on both sides of it there straight.
Speaker 2: In Okay, yeah, so just like very focused sensation. I don't know a general question.
Speaker 1: I have bolled that one, like, well, I don't know how to use it.
Speaker 2: No, that's very that's a very fair question because some people are like where do you insert it? Like no, no, no, it's for the to surround the clitarists and.
Speaker 1: Are different motors doing different things on that one?
Speaker 2: Or it could it could? Oh man, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: I got to toggle between those.
Speaker 2: Very focused on the clitterists.
Speaker 1: Do people designing sex toys study a lot of anatomy? Like is there a doctor on the team or.
Speaker 5: No, well, what we make we make external vibrators, so we focus on the clip from the external side, because there are already a lot of products out there there for internal use, so we don't we don't make those.
Speaker 1: You have to have a different like I don't know, is there is the different requirements for internal.
Speaker 5: There's just more things that you have to think about. And for us, like I said, like what I make are things that don't exist and that interests me as a designer and what we make as a company. And but there are plenty of other you know, internal toys out there.
Speaker 1: Are you every year design like, oh, this is the twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: We have new products coming out every year.
Speaker 1: That's No. I meant like, oh, like that's the twenty twenty three model. Like now you've got to you've got to upgrade, like the iPhone, like you have to have the new No.
Speaker 5: We tend to like what sells, like we our first product was launching twenty twelve and it's still a product that's in our line so it's our flagship product. It's the world's first crowdfunded vibrator and it's USB rechargeable and that's still in our line. It's not like the iPhone where you refresh every year and you feel like you have to give the next best one. No, so it stays in our line for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like, oh, the end of the year, this vibrator starts conking out on us mysteriously so that you have to get the next one.
Speaker 2: Well, we do have really good warranty, so we have a five year coverage.
Speaker 1: Do people actually return a vibrator and say this one they seem seem like something you might be like, you know what, I'll just buy a new one.
Speaker 5: Yes, that too, But we actually have really good customer service. So I mean people are used to like not returning because they're embarrassed or whatever, but no, if you reach out to our customer service, like we have a one year warranty and a five year coverage.
Speaker 1: What's the hardest featured engineer in a toy?
Speaker 5: It's a balance between power and size. Like we're known for very compact, discrete vibes, are very sleek, and so getting power and battery life that combination is a delicate balance because of the mass and how like the motor has to move a lot. Basically, it's just a delicate balance between the motor and the power and get the right station.
Speaker 1: The shortest length that a battery will last twenty minutes, thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: That completely varies because it depends on how hard you're driving the motor. So it can it can last really.
Speaker 1: You're pressing hard, it trains it quick.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Actually, no, it has to do with how much you're trying to run. So if you run out of very low power, you can run it for hours, but then if you run at a very high power, it may last only thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Why do we have so many options with speeds?
Speaker 5: And your preaching is that acquire I feel the same way. I mean, our products is very simple four or five speeds. You know, we don't find five speed? Who need five speeds? Well, we needed two speeds? We need and sure, I mean I like simplicity as well, and so for the most part, our products are very simple in speeds. But yes, there are people that with like forty two thirty two speeds and I get lost because you're just like scrolling through and then.
Speaker 1: You're pressing one button and it's just always like going to the next thing, and it's like where was the one that you liked, then you.
Speaker 2: Have to scroll again to find the thing. I know. That's not good user interface. It's not, it's not I agree.
Speaker 1: You ever have one? Do you ever have one die on you? That's that's always embarrassing, absolutely, because then you have to get the extension cord out. I don't think that's it.
Speaker 5: Well, ours is rechargeable, so there's no extension course, but you.
Speaker 1: Have to you can't ever keep it manually plugged in if it's dead.
Speaker 5: No, we don't have any courted vibrators. We make all rechargeable ones.
Speaker 1: They don't make any as like everybody wants some quiet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, nobody wants a lawnmower, That's what I was saying.
Speaker 1: What about like making it sound like a five horsepower brigs and Stratton that needs to be choked. That might be interesting. No, nobody wants to hear those noises.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there's somebody. There's always something like someone I like.
Speaker 1: The idea of, like, oh my goodness, there's a lawnmower between my legs.
Speaker 5: If you like that power, I'm sure someone you can find a toy like that.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. There's always something for everybody, exactly yeah, it's disturbing. Yeah, when your company is making these elegant, tasteful little items, why is anyone still buying that giant Hatachi magic wand that looks like a bowling pin?
Speaker 2: But that is still classic? That is I have a lot of respect for the Hatashi.
Speaker 5: I mean, well, okay, it's the size of an arm absolutely, and the power it has is accorded. Like you said, it's like a corded thing and has like so much power. So some people that's what they need to get off.
Speaker 1: And go to an amusement park.
Speaker 2: Jesus sit on a washing machine?
Speaker 1: Right? Did people actually do that with washing machines?
Speaker 5: I mean according to you know, sixties housewives like all.
Speaker 1: Right, so you have a soft spot for Hatachi's magic wand.
Speaker 2: There are just so many things.
Speaker 5: There's, like you said, there's something for everyone, and the Hitashi is one genre of wand products that is just iconic, and then there are a bunch of other stuff and so sometimes you're in different mood.
Speaker 2: For different things and even make music, No not ours, No.
Speaker 1: Do we want music on there? What about smell? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I a scent now you know people have played with scented silicon. I don't think it's become a I don't think it's caught on.
Speaker 1: Is there something too if people get addicted to vibrators that that it becomes even harder for them to be pleased.
Speaker 2: No, that's a false, that's a myth. That's a myth.
Speaker 1: That's a myth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's like any muscle memory, like in the beginning, if you overstimulate it. Yeah, they mean you may not feel anything, but that's only for like maybe you know, a few hours or whatever, But it's not a permanent nerve damage or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I haven't asked many personal sexual questions, but do you remember your first vibrator? Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Do you still own it?
Speaker 2: Definitely? Not, definitely not.
Speaker 5: That was from like a shop in downtown Atlanta, and it was one of those classic like long bullet vibe with like a rotary dial with like huge like trip.
Speaker 2: I think it was like double sea batteries like.
Speaker 1: See not at all. I didn't have Jesus deed, but there's one of those mag lights that you used, like yeah, he was like that.
Speaker 5: It had that same girth like yeah, I know, goodness, I know, yeah, No, I don't have that anymore.
Speaker 1: What do you need to like make the business go to the next level.
Speaker 2: Like you wearing it, and yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 1: That's going to help. No, I'm not against that. Bat that does much.
Speaker 5: So it would take I think cultur just shifts even a bit more and just people being more open minded because right now we have a lot of issues where we can't advertise. We've not been able to advertise in the fifteen years of the company. Like can you imagine, like you know, being company and you're not allowed to market because all of the social media platforms they just do not allow vibrators.
Speaker 2: Of any kind.
Speaker 5: Or actually, many women's doctor who like take care of things like polic floor issues, like they're not allowed to advertise it.
Speaker 1: Like Kim Kardashian hold your thing up on Instagram and said, I love this vibrator.
Speaker 5: Perhaps, yeah she can't as an organic content, but I don't think that would be able to be like boosted or used as an ad or.
Speaker 2: Anything like that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was that strict.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: It is very very strict, and in fact, like we're constantly in Instagram jail because like actually just the other day we had a video of a woman because we launched a ring and in the in the promo video, she was just eating an orange and the orange was dripping and immediately it got flagged and then.
Speaker 2: Now we can't go live for days anyway.
Speaker 1: So it was a juicy orange, wasn't It was a.
Speaker 2: Very juicy Is this ring?
Speaker 1: What are you supposed to keep it on your finger while you're wearing it?
Speaker 5: So it's a finger vibe. But it's also like a Billy Bold like statement ring for like.
Speaker 1: Right, if you're using her, you're supposed to take it off or do you keep it on your finger?
Speaker 5: Well, you keep on your finger, So it's just like a very you know, you can direct where you want the vibration.
Speaker 1: That would be a nice wedding ring. Let him know right where you're at. I just thought of an idea. Yeah, what about something with nails where like you know, like like sometimes when you get nails done, like people like put a jewel or something like that. What if we can put like a tiny little motor engine in there make your fingers shake basically.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, put a pin on. Maybe that's our collaboration.
Speaker 1: That's probably not something you want to go out end up feeling like you have like Parkinson's or something that's although that's probably an upside to Parkinson's that not a lot of people talk about in this taboo culture that they can take care of themselves.
Speaker 2: And thought of it that way.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just trying to look at like an upside to your hand having tremors. No, how often we supposed to clean these.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to cleank before and after use?
Speaker 1: And how much cleaning are we are we talking about like just a little rinse, a little wipe.
Speaker 2: Down, depend on messy, you got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What if it's not that messy, then quick prints is right? Yeah, that seems fine. Are these dishwashers safe?
Speaker 5: No, these are not dishwashers safe. Yeah, they're waterproof. We make waterproof products, but the dishwasher, that's a very very high bar.
Speaker 1: M m. Yeah. I don't I don't know what that would even entail. Would your parents think when you took this turn in your career?
Speaker 5: My dad was concerned in meately, because you know, I'm his little girl, and he's like, oh my god. Like when people think about vibrators, they immediately think of adult toy industry, and honestly, those two there are some overlap, but for the most part, like we don't have porn stars walking in and out of all offices or anything like that. And so I had explained to him, No, we're very like actually quite bland, Like if you came into our design studio, like we could be designing printers and you would not know.
Speaker 1: It's just I mean, I wouldn't. I have no idea what goes into a printer or a.
Speaker 5: Vibrant well, it just looks like a you know, well lit, brightly lit studio. You know that we make products. And so my dad was at first concern, but when he saw that, you know, I was happy and I was able to support myself and he's.
Speaker 2: Cool with it.
Speaker 1: And what I think it's too popular? Then will he be like, oh, this is this is a lot, honey.
Speaker 5: He's fine with it as long as it doesn't come up in certain family situations.
Speaker 1: Do you send him out as like stocking stuffers? No, okay, no, I'm no.
Speaker 5: It's like I sometimes I feel like I should, but at the same time, because sometimes people they just want an excuse to try something new and they wouldn't buy it for themselves. But at the same time, I don't ever want to push my products on other people.
Speaker 1: You've never just set one on your mom's nightstand.
Speaker 2: I've asked her if she.
Speaker 5: Won and one She's just like, no, I'm good. And I was like, okay, so all right, fair enough.
Speaker 1: I bought my mother in law vibrator once you did?
Speaker 2: Uh huh, I'm really gullible, so I no, no, I.
Speaker 1: Did he did. Okay, it's not funny if I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. Half the time, I can't know.
Speaker 1: I bought my my sister in law, my mother in law, my wife. I I kind did you get? I don't know. It was just just I went to shop and just got small, like discreet little vibrs and I gave them out at Christmas and uh. And then like a few months later I heard they were all they laughed when they opened it, blah blah blah. But then a few months later they were all together talking and my search law is like, you guys kept those and they both were like, yeah, it was just funny because she she had obviously giving it away or something. The other one's like, yeah, no, we were happy with the gift.
Speaker 5: You'd be surprised at how many women they are delighted to receive vibrators because because then.
Speaker 1: They don't have to do the horrible thing of going into one of these weird sex shops and dealing with people.
Speaker 5: One of the reasons why this whole industry, it's people. The shopping experience sucks, the products suck, and so all in all, like if someone can just give you something.
Speaker 1: Nice, Like are you on Amazon?
Speaker 2: We are amaz out of necessity?
Speaker 1: Do you hate Amazon?
Speaker 2: It's not my favorite, but we are on there.
Speaker 1: You don't have to say you hate it. I mean, it's just so simple.
Speaker 2: It's hard, but I get convenience is a big thing.
Speaker 1: You deal with the like to go to these conventions, are you like, oh, this is a lot.
Speaker 2: I have been many many times.
Speaker 1: Those things are intense for me.
Speaker 5: They're super intense because I just I don't like people. I don't like being around people, and so just like.
Speaker 1: Now you're around a certain type of people that want to go around and just get free sex stuff.
Speaker 5: But also I think as a woman in that space, they view you as like like like booth babe kind of thing both babe.
Speaker 2: Is that a term booth babeth babe babe? Yeah? Sorry sorry?
Speaker 5: The view as a booth babe and it's a very it's not a great feeling, and but it's slowly changing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean somewhat flattering to be referred to as a booth babe, but I understand that it's a lot. I always got to give people a gift on the show. This here a couple of things. One I just was like, hey, I was like, honey, whose toothbrushes this? Because it looks as sexy as you go. I don't know. I don't know where it came from because I don't use it, but it vibrates, so I wanted you to have that. I'm not going to plug them, but it seems like a nice tooth, but burst and never move it. Now I got your new toothirs. I want you to give this to your husband. This is the shirt that I wore during our interview because it was so hideous. I was like, oh, but I thought it was funny because it was like burning manish. Okay, but you know whatever, it's been properly cleaned that I used to do ACHIV show called Tashmono. I gave it all the T shirt merch. I thought I did, but then I found two more uh boxes in my garage. I'm furious. But then this was just boxes of I think it's just uh, I don't know. I think it's like just shot glasses and other kind of weird things. Yeah, I don't care. They're yours.
Speaker 2: Oh there are stasses and since you have a.
Speaker 1: Tiny house, you can use them as regular glasses.
Speaker 2: Perfect, so thoughtful.
Speaker 1: These can't all be time, you know, there's more, there's different. Oh, look at this, this is a that you're you're going to just give all this to hold. Thanks for getting off the desk. Normally have to yell at people. There's a lot of these things in here, a lot of why did we have did we ever sell any of this stuff? Why did I?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Did you drink?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: Water bottles will be nice because you can just you can give them water. Well, you give these to people and then they don't have to reuse plastic. What is this something else? That doesn't matter? This is nice. You're gonna love all that. That's all I've got think. How did you and Jesse meet?
Speaker 5: We were introduced through a mutual friend that I went to the Royal College of Art with, and we met and we instantly was indifferent towards one another. I know, like we always met at parties, and on the surface he thought I was some party girl because we were always at events. We basically end up being the last people who were still single among our friends.
Speaker 2: All right, we did like we did mdm A and.
Speaker 1: That's Molly acstasy.
Speaker 5: Without the speed, so it's pure mdm A. That was the best thing for us because we're two people that are so in our heads all the time that it helped us like get more in tune with ourselves. And literally, like after that night, we've been togethered ever since.
Speaker 1: You and Jesse live off grid right way off grid.
Speaker 5: Well, we're working on an off grid workshop and tiny home and we live in Indio, Like gotcha, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you might not move into this off grid thing.
Speaker 5: Well, we're gonna plan on staying there, yeah, full time. I think we would probably most likely have alone. Oh, I know, it's already like my downside.
Speaker 1: Is to six pair of shoes, that's none.
Speaker 5: But the thing is I can see us having like a place in maybe in La and then that's our weekend.
Speaker 1: I think. Okay, this is a much better perspective. He took you to his horrible world, Burning Man. Tell me, honestly, was your experience going to Burning Man? He loves to talk about.
Speaker 2: The dust, Yeah, Like, well, I mean just part of the experience. You don't know what is going to come.
Speaker 5: So like, I absolutely hated the first few days, and he was worried for me because I was just like, not here. But I pushed through, and luckily the dust passed and suddenly the sun you know, came out and it was just beautiful blue skies and all the art that had been you know, it was like in the process of being built. All I got set up and it was just a whole new world and it was just super, super inspiring.
Speaker 1: Would you go again?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Oh my goodness, he turned you. I can't believe it. Oh you gotta stay strong on that one.
Speaker 5: No, because I think that we get in such a habit of just going through day to day, and if we're in a situation that is just so uncomfortable, you start to create these memories and you start to think things differently. I think, at my age, I mean, I'm forty four, I'm going to be forty five this year. I can feel myself getting into like a just like this is what I want. This is what I like, and I don't like that. I like to just continue to experience new things.
Speaker 1: You ever think about combining your two worlds and his ability to make these big structures and like make the world's largest like vibrator.
Speaker 2: That is a really good art.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, maybe it's not even art. Maybe like it's actually functional. You just go up to it and rub up on it. I don't know, shakes.
Speaker 5: No, I honestly, don't you Just at you so sure? I really think that there's some art endeavor in there.
Speaker 2: No, I love that.
Speaker 1: I just don't know it. Legally, you probably can't have people.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm sure somethingies be all upset about it. But I definitely there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Art that could be what you're giving back to the people at burning Man here go.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: No, I've taught, We've thought about it, we've thought about it.
Speaker 1: Is your goal to get into others stores besides sex stores, but like actual jewelry stores?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that would be really great. I mean I want to make pleasure of mainstream. I think that as a culture, we shy away from talking about these really important things that impact us, like pleasure and the more that we can get our products in more mainstream stores like we're in online Nordstrom and All to Beauty and some more you know, avant garde like jewelry shops. We love to get into more of those boutiques.
Speaker 1: What about the fact that you're wearing jewelry that has been downstairs? Is that weird?
Speaker 5: Not for me and not from other people, but you know, but it's totally fair if it's weird, you know, to you.
Speaker 1: I like the idea of wearing it. Now. Now, I feel like this is going to be my new chain.
Speaker 2: I brought one for you. You serious? I did well.
Speaker 1: I know someone's going to be excited about that. Although I can't wear a necklace that's a vibrater, I have young kids that I'm always holding, and any necklace I have they grab and put it in their mouth. And I know that.
Speaker 2: There's like a fair enough, fair enough that.
Speaker 1: Just seems like something I don't want to watch.
Speaker 5: That's fair, precious, a little girl, you're not ready to have that conversation just yet? Yeah, I know, not now not Now, I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it. I follow what.
Speaker 1: Did you bring? Okay, I'm curious?
Speaker 2: Now, okay, it's over there, though, I have to go get it.
Speaker 1: You can do whatever you need. Okay, Okay, you're not You're not forced to be here. I don't know if I've ever received a sex toy as a gift.
Speaker 2: You're about to?
Speaker 1: Are you serious? Yes? Okay? Good?
Speaker 2: All right, So the first one is for you.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. By the way, your packaging is nice, your font is beautiful, and you know, listen, I love a black or a pewter whatever we're looking at here. Oh look at this, I see that.
Speaker 2: And it has your name engraved on it.
Speaker 1: Serious, this is not nothing, guys. Yeah, huh? An ally love it?
Speaker 2: Love a male ally.
Speaker 1: You know people always talk about oh, like, is there ever a moment where you were like, oh, I've made it in my career. And I'm going to say right now, seeing my name on a vibrator might be the single greatest. Now, how does it come out? Do I just pull it or twist it?
Speaker 2: Now there's a button on there.
Speaker 1: So this part, the part that's just out and about is the part that does the work. I was curious about that.
Speaker 2: Just push the button.
Speaker 1: Well I understand now, but is it all?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Now it's not okay?
Speaker 1: I don't want to ding it them.
Speaker 2: It is very quiet because otherwise you would not know it's on.
Speaker 1: We're pulsing, guys, we're pulsing. Oh now, we're just just a low tremble. This is for your first timers.
Speaker 5: Right here, there's a low medium high, and then there's a wave pattern.
Speaker 1: That's it low medium high wave path. So the wave pattern doesn't have a low medium high.
Speaker 5: It's low and high, low and high. The magic of our engineering.
Speaker 1: How do I turn it off?
Speaker 2: Just hold it now?
Speaker 1: When you turn it back on, does it go to the last setting that it was on or does it go to the next one?
Speaker 2: It just goes back to the low.
Speaker 1: It starts back at the top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but at the low.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at that.
Speaker 2: And that's us to be rechargeable in waterproof.
Speaker 1: Waterproof. I like the necklace as well. I don't know if it'll make it over.
Speaker 2: It don't you should unless you have a really big head.
Speaker 1: It's enormous.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, let's give it a go. Oh almost, it's getting there. Yes it does, Yes, it does. Ah.
Speaker 1: Nice Those people wear those nails as jewelry. Yeah, I don't want people to confuse me with them. Okay, I'm not the nail guy. This is this is lovely.
Speaker 2: And then this one is for your wife?
Speaker 1: Well wait, it wasn't this one for my wife?
Speaker 2: Who's this one?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: But I mean what am I supposed to do with this? By the way, these boxes are? How much does this run me?
Speaker 5: That is ninety eight retail with engraving one hundred and eight one.
Speaker 1: Hundred eight dollars. That's not bad, right, think of the work that save you. You just wear this on our first date?
Speaker 2: Let him know so true? Oh no, that's the ring.
Speaker 1: This is a ring now, well that is it'll stretch. Okay, I just wear this ring around. Oh no, you're saying this is for her.
Speaker 2: And for her or for you to use with her, and you just press.
Speaker 1: The bag does need to be charged? Oh? This have to be pulled off first. I'm not going to do that. Okay, I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't know if this goes to my wife. This is such a nice regift. This is high quality stuff here. I love it all. And it's silly that you can't advertise this. But like they can bombard us with boner pills on verse truly every platform. Yep, Oh you can get a boner. But good luck you know, getting pleasure, good luck her having a good time with it. That's just that's just sexist, is where it comes from.
Speaker 2: The patriarchy.
Speaker 1: Guys, I'm loaded. This is exciting stuff here. You know your products are like it is like getting a new Apple gear.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You know, you're like, oh, this is nice. Is what's coming out of here. All it needs now is just that that thin film plastic that I that I peel off to let me know that it's thank you Ta for being on the show. I hope everyone you know gets satisfied.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me my pleasure.
Speaker 1: Pasha, Well that about does it, But first we need to do some business. Okay, I want to thank Tea for being on the show. They don't make them like that in Little Land anymore. So yeah, I can't wait to get home and gas this thing up. Give her a ride anyway. What else we got some plugs boysworpink dot com. Buy something cute for your kids Toss show store dot com. Buy something cute for yourself. Come see Eddie and I on tour. Go to eddiegoising dot com. Go to Daniel Tosh dot com. Got new tickets for next year's Vegas. That'll be fun. What's the last segment? Carl free plug, free plug, give me an F, give me an R, give me an e e E e e E free free plug. Huh, this is a good one, guys. Tickets are on sale now for the forty fourth annual Takatina Bachelor Auction, being held December seventh at the Sheldon Community Arts Hangar, located at two to two two four nine D Street in Takatina, Arkansas. Takatina. Am I saying that right?
Speaker 3: I feel like that's close at Takatina.
Speaker 1: It's a Takatina Bachelor Auction. What is a bachelor auction? You asked, Well, it's this is a charity. I'm guessing it's where women bid on men. Oh look at that. Are you even allowed to do that in this current political environment? And that man goes to the highest bidder and he is forced to have a child. No, No, I'm kidding about that. But is selling people? It seems like something we shouldn't be doing. But anyway, all right, one hundred percent of the proceeds raised by the Takatina Bachelor Society will go to women and children in need in the local area, and if I know Arkansas, there are tons of people in need. All right. Once again, as is human trafficking that I'm aware of, it's just a charity. What does purchasing a bachelor get you? Okay, well that's good. What gets you a drink and a dance at the bachelor ball that immediately follows the auction? All right? Also, many of the bachelors will have additional items like excursions or certificates up on the block with them to sweeten the deal. Oh okay, So you got a guy that's you know, maybe a little older, maybe hair thinning, maybe his body isn't strong, but he's got to coupon for say a Jersey Mike sub you're gonna get. You're gonna be interested. The bachelor's range in age from twenty one to seventy. Oh, man, get one of those seventy year olds here about his dead wife? Anyway, get there. Early organizers want you to know that while the bachelors themselves are not married, they encourage all ladies to attend no matter your relationship status, which seems like they're are encouraging infidelity. But it's for women and kids in needs, So I guess everybody will be looking the other way for one night. Head over to Takatina bachelors dot com slash ball for more information about this evening full of sin. See you guys next week.