Speaker 1: If somebody has a seven hundred and ninety nine thousand dollars to just spare, I will take it. What is going on? Party people, a different start to the show. I'm talking and that's how it's supposed to be. What is going on? My name is Clint was sys. That is a lot of Rizzo. You know her, you love her, you want some more of her? All Star Game is behind us? Is you were there? Sites sounds We're gonna have a lot of interviews today from friends of the show, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: We got Max Muntsey in.
Speaker 1: There, who, funny enough, hasn't been on the show, but has been on the show a bunch of times because usually we end up getting interviews with him at either Spring training or in situations like this. But before we get into all the interviews, how was the All Star Game experience? I know you're out there with the guys at Foul looked fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was great. Good to be with you guys.
Speaker 4: Get your comments and quotquestions and concerns into the chat right here on a live episode of Dodgers Territory.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of fun. I have to say, Philadelphia showed out. It was a great experience.
Speaker 4: The fans were awesome obviously, all thirty teams being represented in terms of the fan base. Shout out also to Major League Baseball and Fox Sports and MLB on Fox because the stuff that happened during the All Star Game with the center field gates opening and the little kids riding out on their bicycles and going up against the you know, standing next to their player in their respective position, was so cool and kind of an homage to the Sandlot, right that one scene in the Sandlot where it's the fourth of July and it's the only game in town and you're playing baseball in your backyard on the backfield, you know, on a dirty, dusty field. You grab your glove and you just go. It was just a cool experience, great to see. Obviously all of the Dodgers represented. Sad not to see show Heyo Tani. We understand it, but we would have wished that he was there. All the fans would have wished to be able to see show Heyo Tani.
Speaker 3: But it was great.
Speaker 4: I loved catching up with Dave and catching up with the guys and talking to Justin Robleski, who you know, had to have a couple of things happened for him to get in there, but certainly well earned. And congratulations to every single person that was there, and congrats to Jordan Walker, a guy that has had his struggles and his adversity. It's making seven hundred and ninety nine thousand dollars this year, which listen, I'll take it. I'll take it in a heartbeat, right, But the one winning swing of the bat made him a million dollars.
Speaker 3: So overall, really cool to be there.
Speaker 4: You know, all eyes of the baseball world were on Philadelphia, and it was a really nice, nice week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if somebody has seven hundred and ninety nine thousand dollars to just spare, I will take it.
Speaker 2: It would definitely change a few things. Don't worry. I won't go big leagues.
Speaker 1: I might wear like shades during the show just to show that I'm better than everybody, but still we would still be doing content.
Speaker 2: Yeah. All Star Game was.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: I'm in a position where I'm not paid by anybody who put the All Star Game on.
Speaker 2: Not to say that you are, obviously you know I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't work for Fox, and I don't work exactly.
Speaker 1: You're you're gonna have critiques overall boring game, and I talked about this on my All Dodgers channel with Jeff Spiegel, who decided to just run away and go on vacation. But anyways, uh, just a dull game, and really the state of baseball is pitchers are so much better than hitters. If I just were focusing on that, like from what you're saying, you know, the the pomp and circumstance and the sandlot.
Speaker 2: For me, it's it's a lot.
Speaker 1: I understand Fox and MLB they're trying to take advantage of a lot of eyes on them.
Speaker 2: I think they overdo some of the stuff.
Speaker 1: Some of the I like to call it propaganda because it kind of is different things going on, Like can we focus on the game, focus on the players.
Speaker 2: But I understand the why.
Speaker 1: Some of the interviews were good sometimes sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit. It's still good to get a perspective from the players while they're out there.
Speaker 2: Playing a meaningless game.
Speaker 1: But that much said, yeah, just a boring game because they're wasn't a lot of action pictures.
Speaker 2: A lot of are so much better.
Speaker 1: The elite pitchers are so much better than elite hitters right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think so.
Speaker 4: I mean, the National League just kind of looked flat, right, how about shout out to old friend Cody Bellinger the two run single that put the first two runs on the board for the American League. It kind of proved to be all they needed in terms of offense because the National League was just not good offensively. But to your point, the starting pitchers were good, but let's focus on the positive as far as that is concerned. I don't know if we're going to do it in order as far as that, But Justin Rableski, I mean, it was his birthday, first time All Star, the shark on the inside of his red star carpet jacket, so I think he's really enjoying that moniker given to him by Pedro Martinez and strikes out the side on his b day. So good day for him and good week for him, and obviously a good season for him. But I really enjoyed, you know, And as far as our guys were concerned, right, Justin Robleski striking out the side Freeman a really nice defensive play. I was actually very surprised at how long Dave kept our guys in. Yeah, I thought it was going to be you know, like maybe uninning or two, but I looked up and it was still, you know, the fourth inning, and these guys are still out there, Max Munsey, Freddie Freeman, those types of things. So I was a little surprised on the length. But you know what, Dave Roberts is the manager, he's.
Speaker 3: Allowed to do that. I think it's his fifth.
Speaker 4: Time managing the All Star Game. That shows you a lot, tells you a lot about about your manager. Right, If you can manage the All Star Game, it's because you took your team to the World Series the year prior, So he's doing something right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, well we'll hear from Dave a little bit later because you obviously asked him about that.
Speaker 2: The fact that he's he's.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of you know, All Star Game managing credentials under his belt, now that's usually a good sign for a team. Going back to the Ribleski side of things, I didn't prep the tweet to post it, but of Dodgers All Star pitchers with he is third, now I think is the specifically Dodgers Dodgers All Star pitchers, I have more strikeouts in a single All Star Game. Don Drysdale, Fernando Vealezuela, Justin Ribleski, exactly the three names you'd expect to be uttered in the same sentence. Don Drysdell was in fifty nine, Fernando in nineteen eighty six. But that's a pretty cool lore to etch yourself along. And I mean that is not indicative of the growth and maturity, and not so much maturity, but just the growth of the shark as we call him robo if you're nasty as well, just showing off the growth of where this kid has come this year from being a guy that I wasn't sure was the starting material to be in well, he was pitching in relief.
Speaker 2: That's maybe why he was so dominant. But it's really cool. Five strikeouts is really cool.
Speaker 3: It is, and I'm happy for him and proud of him. Again.
Speaker 4: We talked about it when he was on our show a couple of weeks ago, about the Dodgers giving him the ability to just be who he was and trying not to make him into something that he isn't, and he's.
Speaker 3: Very well aware of who he is.
Speaker 4: When we were doing media availability, the pitching Ninja was next to me getting ready to ask questions and you could just see Rableski's eyes light up when they were going to start talking about tinkering of the pitches and all of the different grips and then you know, armslot and and all of that stuff too. So he enjoys the craft of pitching. He's not a thrower, he's a pitcher. He enjoys the science behind everything. I know that gets you too, plant you love that stuff. So Justin's really evolved into a very I talked to Dave about this, the unheralded ace of this staff. On a staff that has the names and the likes of the oh she you know, Yoshiobu Yamamotos and the Shoheo Tanis and the Blake Snells and the Tyler Glasnows and this, that and the other thing. He's really emerged as somebody that has absolutely posted every fifth or sixth day to put this upon the schedule ten and two. With the sub three era, you can't beat.
Speaker 2: That, No, not even slightly.
Speaker 1: I wish we would have a little more offense from our boys. Good to see Muncie back in there. I just love the narrative of monthsy all around, you know the game. And again we'll hear more from that, but all in all, again doll game, boring game. Looking forward to the second half of the season kicking off. We'll talk about Dodgers Yankees a little bit later in the show, but a little bit of a gauntlet here if we're gonna talk about this for just a minute, little bit of a gauntlet here to enter the second half. You got Yankees, you got Phillies, who obviously we have I don't say fears about but Phillies are always ready to win. And then the New York Mets. That's a tough you know, little East Coast roadie. We already saw a lot of the Dodgers flying out there, including Will Smith where people are looking at how he's kind of bending his neck back to take this photo.
Speaker 2: Well, what's going on with that neck?
Speaker 1: But Glass now is also on the plane, you know, some of the guys getting healthier.
Speaker 2: What are you looking forward to?
Speaker 1: Just you know, quickly before we take a break, and then hear from all the players and Doc, are you looking forward to like immediately in the second half?
Speaker 4: Well, I think the biggest thing is your thank if you're Doc and Max Munsey and Freddie Freeman and Jessterra Blisky and Andy Pajas and yo Yoshiobayamamoto because you're already in Philadelphia, so you're already on the East coast, right, So those guys are like, whoa.
Speaker 3: It's quick, quick, forty five minute flight. That's great.
Speaker 4: What I'm looking forward into the second half is just who are we getting back? Right? We are three weeks away or whatever it is from the trade deadline, and we've talked about it at length. How we're going to get guys back off of the il. That's almost as good as just getting these guys off the free agent market or the trade market. Obviously not free agent in the middle of the season, but you guys know what I'm trying to say. The point is we're getting some reinforcements coming, and I just want them to start the season strong, but moreover, just be healthy. I mean, they can continue to toe the line the way that they're towing it. They have an eleven and a half game lead. I don't need them to do anything differently in the first half or the second half than they did in the first half, with the exception of maybe more of the passing the baton, getting more guys on base, getting you know, moving guys over a little bit more offense because it does seem to come offensively feast or famine. And while the post is going to be very much driven by starting pitching and defense, you can't just rely, in my opinion, to win postseason games on the long ball.
Speaker 3: So I'd like to.
Speaker 4: See more consistent offense up and down the lineup. We talked about it our X factor for the second season, or who we want more out of. For me, it's ta Oscar Hernandez And what's Kik going to be like when it matters October?
Speaker 3: Okay, you listen to this show.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you. I don't even listen to the show.
Speaker 3: How dare you?
Speaker 2: How daring?
Speaker 1: It is funny that you know I did mention that kind of in passing that it's funny. We think about how important all the pitchers are, the guys come back from the injured list, but that offense, it's leaving a little bit to be desired. Guys, before we throw to a break, we also want to announce on behalf of the network. There's a whole bunch of new merch over there on the foul Territory Shop foul Territory Shop dot com.
Speaker 2: You can scan that cure card you see on the screen.
Speaker 1: But you got a bunch of options when it comes to your Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Dodgers, and you know what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go ahead and play that bad Boy again because I think we're gonna play it. There we go, because you got show Hey, you got Months, you got Freddy, you got Pa Hisz.
Speaker 2: You know, there should be a dock in there for the hell of it as well.
Speaker 1: But that is pretty cool there. Visit foul Territory shot dot com. They'd appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We'd appreciate it if you get yourself some cool Dodger shirts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and shout out to Sarah Tepper, who's new to our crew. She designed all of those shirts. She also designed a really cool one for the foul Territory crew. I'm sure you'll get one, Clint for the All Star Week. It has a star, it has the Liberty Bell. It says foul Territory All Star Week, Philadelphia, twenty twenty six. So shout out to Sarah for creating this. But guys, just scan the QR code that we talked about, get some new gear. Always appreciate new gear in the house much more to come, guys, but first award from our friends at Foul Territory.
Speaker 6: Many people have this problem. I want to eat healthy. I have the willpower, I don't have the time and the organization. I need help.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 7: I mean you go to Factor. I got two boys that are looking for the gains and they always come in the house which I'm looking for food. Now they have actual healthy food that is great for them and you know what, it's ready in the fridge for them to pop in and make it right away.
Speaker 6: And they have meals built around your goals. It could be weight loss, overall nutrition gains, more protein, fresh never frozen, over one hundred rotating weekly meals, including globally inspired flavors like Mediterranean and Asian. I get all kinds of different salads from Factor that I love, quick easy, They can be ready in two minutes. Head to Factor Meals dot com. Slash Foul fifty off and use code ful fifty off to get fifty percent off and free daily greens per box with new subscription only, while supplies last until nine twenty seven, twenty six.
Speaker 1: As we've teased a whole bunch a lot of you had a mic in your hand out there, and I'll say I always love when you have a mic in your hand, because you've seen me in the clubhouse.
Speaker 2: I try to care, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not great at coming up with things on the spot as where you are a professional and.
Speaker 2: Damn good at your job. So what do you want to hear from?
Speaker 7: First?
Speaker 1: And we've talked a lot about Rableski, Maybe we should hear from Robo friend of the show.
Speaker 3: That sounds great.
Speaker 4: I caught up with him on media availability on Monday.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: We got some so we spoke congratulations again, by the way, nice to see you. We spoke about how your path was anything but linear. Obviously you just talked about it. Oh, I don't have swing and miss stuff. I'm gonna come out of the pen and look at you now, an All Star? What does that mean to you? If you've even had a moment to reflect on how you got here?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it means a lot obviously, Like just getting the chance to be here amongst you know, the best in the game is super cool. And that's always been something I've dreamed of and something I've wanted to do. So I'm super cool to get that opportunity but yeah, it means the world. It's super cool. It's like I said, it's just I'm just super blessed to be here, and like I said, I'm going to try to enjoy every second of it.
Speaker 4: And in two sub three ra you've been one of the most consistent starters every time you've taken the ball in a rotation that has the likes the names of the Otanis of the World, the Yamamotives of the world.
Speaker 3: Blake snails on his.
Speaker 4: Way back, hopefully Tyler as well. What does that mean to you to be you know, maybe under the under the radar, this team's eight.
Speaker 2: It's uh, it's fun.
Speaker 8: It's fun to be a part of this team. And I think a lot of the reason that that I've pitched to all this year is just learning from those guys, even if it hasn't been through asking them direct conversation, direct questions or whatever, just kind of watching how they prepare and watching how they pitch and obviously understanding, you know, my like watching it through the scope of what I'm good at and how I can take what they do to my game. And you know, it's obviously super cool to to be performing in a in a rotation like this because at the start of the year, you know, there's talks about me not being a starter, maybe me not being good enough to be a starter, maybe me not me being better bullpen arm and all this stuff. So it's been super fun to kind of for some of those people wrong and also just go out there and just get a consistent run as a starter. And that's something I wanted and I voiced out this off season and getting the chance.
Speaker 7: To do it's been super cool.
Speaker 4: Last question for me, pinching Ninja jump in here, Rob, But you've talked about my game, and one thing about the Dodgers is that they allow you to be who you are and not try to make you or turn you into something that you're not. How much has that allowed you to kind of prove the doubters wrong?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think you know, they've helped me a lot just understanding why I'm good, what I do that that makes me good, and then it's just a matter of you know, I'm a guy. Every pitcher is a guy that wants to tinker and wants to change things and wants to get a little better, and wants to create a new pitch and do this and that and just trying to keep me in the guardrails. And they know that I can do a lot of things at the baseball but keeping me within the guardrails of what is good and what is what makes sense for me and my delivery, and that's been super helpful.
Speaker 2: Really appreciate Robo there. What's cool about this?
Speaker 1: Obviously we talked to him not terribly long ago, asked him about the All Star Game, kind of what that would mean to him. This then, obviously he's kind of a little you don't want to You don't know if you're gonna make the All Star Game, so you're not going to be being like, yeah, this would He was sort of this would mean so much to me. But ultimately this is like the realization all of this, the work, the effort, the growth.
Speaker 2: This nod is a handshake.
Speaker 1: It's a pat on the back, like you did it, buddy, Now keep going like you figured it out.
Speaker 2: You did. You have reached your.
Speaker 1: Kind of childhood goal, your lifelong goal to be a major league starter, maybe be an All Star. He's already a World Series champion. But this is a dude who persevered and you know.
Speaker 2: Is an All Star. You can't take that away. It's really cool just the growth of this. Dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'd sit around and you're walking into the dugout or the clubhouse that you're just kind of looking around you You're like.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: You know, there are so many unbelievable people here. The game's best, whatever the game's best has to offer, it's all in the same place. And you could say, you know what, I'm there. I'm just I'm as much of an All Star as these guys are. And Dave Roberts talks about it, and we're going to run the interview here that when I caught up with Dave on Monday at VP about what Justin Orbleski has gone through. You mentioned the adversity and those types of things, and I'm sure the doubt that people had about him, maybe doubt crept into his mind. I don't know, but the point is what he went through last year. Sometimes you need to be taken down a peg in terms of the game doing it to you, right, not because he thought he was. You know, I'm not saying he's like arrogant or anything like that. That's not what I mean. But the game will take you down. The game will humble you. The game humbles the best of us. So what he went through last year, and Dave talked about what he went through last year to get to this point now, not even a full year later.
Speaker 3: That's pretty special for Robo.
Speaker 4: And I'm happy for him, and not to sound condescending, what I'm proud of him too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I really like Dave's point.
Speaker 1: Maybe we get some Dave tape now, because I loved you on the field with Dave. None of the bs of the red carpet or any of that. It's just you guys, a couple of guys being dudes.
Speaker 2: One of them is a lady. But here's Riz. Here's Riz with Doc I as.
Speaker 4: An honor man. I've known you a long time and I'm not surprised at all that you're once again at the helm of a National League team in the All Star Games. It means you're doing something right with your own club. You don't take anything for granted. You've worked in this game a long time. What does this mean to you?
Speaker 5: You know what you know? Honestly, I try not to take anything for granted. I think this is my fifth All Star Game. It obviously means you're doing something right. But I think for me, Alana, you've known me for a long time. I think it's just being grateful for all the people that you've been around. And shoot, it never gets old being around the best players on the planet are here in Philadelphia, and it's it never gets old. And I turned into a fanboy, you know sometimes, and I see all these names, and that's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Some of the names are obvious. Shohyo Tani, Freddie Freeman, Max Munsey, we get it. Justin Rableski. We were screaming off of the rooftops that this man should be an All Star ten and two sub era or sub three era. He gets in, needed a couple of things to go his way, but he got in. What's made him so special? I feel like he's he's the un you know, the the unmentioned ace of the staff.
Speaker 3: Almost.
Speaker 5: That's fair, that's fair. And I think the thing is that I told the guys once we announced that he was an All Star, you know, last April eighth, he was in my office pretty much in tears. Once we sent him out, and he gave up eight to the Nationals that day, and to his credit, he went back, looked in the mirror and said, how do I get better. How did I become a major league pitcher? Cleaned up his closet, got better, And I think for me, it's like he's felt the pain. He's a tough kid. He goes after guys. He's learned what you know because I always tell the pictures the hitters will tell you what you need to work on, right, And he took that to heart. And now he's an All Star. And like you said, he is an unheralded ace. And we talked about Snell Glass now Yamamoto. But I'll tell you right now, is we wouldn't be where we're at without Jessin.
Speaker 4: Erbleski, no doubt about that. You mentioned Snell, you mentioned Glass. These are guys that you're getting back Snell first, Tyler later, Edwin Diaz is coming back, Key K is gonna be back soon. It's almost like you're getting these amazing remaining, amazing signings rather but they're already part of your team. A team that has an eleven and a half game leading the division is about to get better.
Speaker 5: It is, it is. And that's the funny thing is that you know, as we approach the deadline, and there's gonna be a lot of talk about what the Dodgers need to do. But you know, for us, you know, you mentioned Evan Phillips, and we're gonna get Eddie Diaz back, We're gonna get Snell back, We're gonna get Glass back, We're gonna get Will Smith. So those guys in themselves are trade deadline acquisition. So we're gonna get whole at some point. But we do got a nice lead, but we got to play better baseball, you know, coming out of the break, because going into the break we didn't play our best baseball.
Speaker 4: That's fair, but that's okay because you are check the box of if the season ended today, you win the division, Okay, then you got to worry about home field advantage, those types of things. What's impressed you the most about what you were able to accomplish in the first half with not having all of the big puzzle pieces.
Speaker 5: I think the thing that impressed me most is, you know, there's always a talk of is there going to be a letdown, There's always unforeseen things about performance injury that didn't take us away from the focus of stacking wins. And also to see guys like Edgarda Henriquez, Andy Payes is now an All Star. We got Dalton rushing a lot of opportunities since Will smith'sman down so to see the pitching, and we talked about Robleski's kind of growth and now he's an All Star. So you know, while some guys are are kind of getting back, you know, we persevered and kept going.
Speaker 3: I always appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, Skip, Thanks Alana, thank you.
Speaker 1: Appreciate those two together anytime we can get them. You and Doctor are fun and a lot of Doc clearly listens, you know, his friend of the show talking about getting those trade deadline acquisitions off of the IL. But we know things are trending in the right direction for Blake Snow, Tyler Glass. Now we're getting some good updates there. Edwin Diaz. Maybe we'll find out with Katie on Monday, but maybe back ahead of that Mets series. I think he's got that very much circled and highlights.
Speaker 2: On his calendar.
Speaker 1: But yeah, to kind of, I mean everybody had a little bit of a Robleskie thought in there. Some of the Pie has thought as well, just kind of you know, what was your biggest takeaway from your chat with Dave?
Speaker 4: Which is good to see him, you know, and I got to see him and Tricia on the red carpet and they.
Speaker 3: They're just so appreciative of the opportunity.
Speaker 4: I mean, there were times when you know, Dave had wanted to be a manager, and I remember him getting passed over to be the manager of the San Diego Padres. And he has a great amount of respect obviously for Bud Black and for the other guys. But can you imagine, you know, Andy Green being your manager for the Dodgers instead of Dave, you know what I mean. And I say that with the most respect in the world for Andy Green, who is now with the helm of the Mets because they fired Carlos Mendoza. So I just I'm just so grateful that they were final somebody finally gave him the opportunity, because I think he's the best in the business. And I'm not just saying that because Dave is our manager. He truly has a way of connecting with people, but you know, he has a way of communicating with them. He knows and he's really good at the off the field stuff too. He understands the role and the job and he always seems to have his team in a position to win and a team in guys in positions to win and not trying to take them, you know, in positions that are not good for them, trying to make them who they're not. So it's just been fun. It's been fun to see him involve as a manager. And one thing I did like what he said when I talked to him on the red carpet about just him managing for ten years. I remember in twenty sixteen, Clint, when he won the Manager of the Year award, he goes, I still think I'm getting better, And that's interesting, right. I mean, the man's gone to five different World Series. He's won three as a manager, one to one as a player. I think he'll be in Cooper's town as a manager. Certainly if Bruce Bochi is with three, then Dave should be too, because Dave's not done. So I do feel that he is getting better. And I like the way that.
Speaker 3: That he said that too.
Speaker 4: You know, he's still learning, he's still willing to learn, but he thinks he's getting better.
Speaker 2: And and you know that's kind of the narrative.
Speaker 1: If you guys missed him, by the way, missed our chats with Dave at spring training the last two years. I think there's a lot of good stuff and they're still pretty evergreen conversation. But last year when we talked to Dave, that was kind of one of the biggest things that I wanted to ask him about is the growth the evolution of Dave Roberts and not only just his decision making, but in being a captain of that clubhouse and kind of, you know, the growth.
Speaker 2: Of him knowing when to hold him, when to fold him, or.
Speaker 1: More so when he needs to step in and put an arm around somebody as we've seen, or when it's still up to the guys like you know, Muncie Freddie going up to a Dalton rushing a couple of weeks ago, that kind of stuff in the past, justin Turner being a guy to do that, maybe a little bit of you know, some of the other vetors. Having keithky Hernandez back in that clubhouse, not only do you get the vibes and all that stuff, I know, the vibes above a place our tops in the league, but having somebody that Keik can talk to people in a much different way than Freddy might be able to. And that's the thing is Dave knowing where he's I don't want to say where he's needed or wanted, but it's kind of what it is that has changed. And then of course to the big field stuff, which people in the chat will know a whole lot about.
Speaker 2: Is the decision.
Speaker 1: It's the pitching decisions in particular pinch hitting, like as the kids might say, bro is in his pocket these days, and it's come from eleven years of learning and pain and growth and all of that kind of stuff he learns each and every day.
Speaker 2: And it's fully, fully legit to say that much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a couple of things I want to do address really quick. Boom must die thirty four oh six. You're absolutely right, Boach. He does have four World Series titles, three with the San Francisco Giants and one, of course most recently with the Texas Rangers.
Speaker 3: My apologies on that.
Speaker 4: I wanted to address something else in here because I want to give Micah Johnson, former Dodger, a shout out Referee five eighty three asking what's the story behind the astronaut baseball statue with the crossed bats behind you?
Speaker 3: Is that a custom Dodger's piece?
Speaker 4: What it is is former Dodger infielder, also former Chicago White Sox infielder Micah Johnson is a tremendous, tremendous artist, and these are the AKHU sculptures and collectibles. It's a limited edition that Major League Baseball came up with with with obviously in collaboration with Micah. It's the dream Gazer sculpture. And if you don't know about AKHU, just google Akhu and Michael Micah Johnson and see what he has created. It's unbelievable the artwork that Micah does. And it was Dave Roberts who encouraged Micah to really pursue an art career in addition, obviously when he was still being a baseball player, and he has blown up.
Speaker 3: He's been on the cover of Time magazine. So that's what that is.
Speaker 4: It's the AKHU statue. Mikah Johnson. Check it out, check it over. I wanted to.
Speaker 3: I wanted I wanted to.
Speaker 4: I wanted to address that too, because there was a question in the chat and Mike, I'm so proud of Micah. So anyway, there's that's neither here nor there, but there you go.
Speaker 1: The more we know, and obviously we got more video and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: To get to not through too.
Speaker 1: I want to talk more about what Dave said about Rableski and and somebody had it in the chat here b d A Barrock and say, hey, mann't talk about me crying. Uh, that was his first start last year. That was That was April eighth, eight runs allowed against the Nationals, who were a lot worse last year than they are this year. Not to say that they're great this year, but you know, you come up, you're expecting this opportunity, another opportunity to start, does not go your way. You get sent back down immediately, and it's a little bit of up and down for him. It makes a couple more starts and then kind of say banished to the bullpen, but banished too like a bulk roll and a bullpen. And and again going back to what I had said about the realization of all of the sweat equity, the work to get to that point, to think about that moment, to go back to that moment.
Speaker 2: Like that's a changing point for him.
Speaker 1: That that what said, Yeah, that April eighth, that's really cool.
Speaker 2: It's I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: Not cool that you got a dude crying because he's being sent down and he feels he failed, failed the team or whatever.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I'd rather that.
Speaker 4: I'd rather that than somebody that didn't care, somebody that was like whatever, you know, I'm just here so I don't get fined. You want the guy that is going to be upset that he's getting sent down. You want the guy that's embarrassed or whatever. You want the guy that is willing to do what it takes to be able to get to where he's at now and be an all star.
Speaker 3: I mean the talk about Flip on the switch.
Speaker 1: Hello, Yeah, yeah, for real, another Flip switch type of dude.
Speaker 2: You did talk.
Speaker 1: I mean, other players also talked about Andy Paez, but you did talk to to.
Speaker 2: Andy for what it's worth.
Speaker 1: You know, obviously Andy prefers to speak in his native tongue before anything else in Spanish. So I did edit this down to get some of the translation.
Speaker 2: Not out of the way, but whatever, just get through that helpful.
Speaker 4: Helpful for most of our listeners and our and our viewers for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So here's Andy Payas.
Speaker 4: What does it mean for you to be here and finally to be able to talk to your parents and let them know that you were in this.
Speaker 9: Yeah, really, I'd be, you know, really proud of all the work that I put in to get to this moment, and finally was able to talk to my parents and they were super proud to see me get to this.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Max Menzy just said a moment that he remembers where he felt like you were an All Star was an at bat that you had against Mason Millar where you just kept fouling off the pitches and running up his pitch count. At what point in this season, especially after what happened last postseason, did you feel like you took your game to another level to be here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, really proud of being able to get here, really proud of the work. Obviously, Mason Miller's an incredible picture. He's really good. He's a real talent, you know. But I'm also I also put in a lot of work, put in a lot of time to getted bats like that, and obviously super proud of the bat. But it's one of those things I'm going to remember from time. I'm going to remember for the rest of my career just being able to not wit them throughout the dune. But I also know there's going to be multiple opportunities to face him again.
Speaker 4: The illn momental Bratti Kippensada, get kipensastica at Eleinardrea.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, I'm really proud of the work that I put in. You know, there wasn't like a specific moment where I realize it, But it's just more of the work to continue his work and being able to have a lot of convince of the things that I'm doing, and being able to kind of see myself in this game.
Speaker 2: Seeing himself in the game is earning a spot. Honestly, he earned a spot, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean not only did he earn a spot, but he was one of the high vote getters for outfielders. Yeah, you know, I didn't think people were paying attention. And you know, good job Dodgers fans for showing up and showing out and voting. But I have to think that there were other people that are paying attention also outside of the Dodgers fan base, that are paying attention to what Andy Pott has is doing to be able to get him the amount of votes.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was a no doubt.
Speaker 4: This wasn't like we're coming in through the back door, you know what I mean. This was like he was the top vote getter, one of the top folk getters for the outfield, So congratulations to him, and thank you Wondrado for that interpretation and translation for Andy Pass. I think this is the highest amount of Cuban born players that have been represented at the All Star Game. Former Dodger Miguel Vargas and talked about trajectory and that poor bastard with is that meme when you got traded over to the White Sox and he's, oh my god, he was so miserable, and now look at him. He's an All Star. He's doing really, really well. I talked to him momentarily too, So congratulations too.
Speaker 1: Seeing the joy, seeing the joy back on Magey Vargas's face.
Speaker 2: That's cool. That's cool. And the White Sox they're fun baseball team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are are leading it. They're leading Central. Season ends today, they're in good for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like saying that's that's the fastest man with a broken.
Speaker 2: Leg right there. You know, Central al Central's if.
Speaker 3: You're being chased by a bear, you only have to run your slowest friend. Okay, so it is, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty slow.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, we've got two more interviews we got we got thoughts about the Yankee series, but I figure it's about time for us to have Riz give a shout out to our friends of Fan Duels.
Speaker 2: So bear with us. Here's this We'll be back.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by fan Duel Baseball fans. The MLB season is in full swing, and fan Duel is giving you a chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers.
Speaker 3: Joining the action is easy.
Speaker 4: Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why fan duel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com Slash podcast. To opt in for Daily Dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer, playball and swing for the fences on fan Duel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token X inspiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 2: We're back with a little.
Speaker 1: More Dodgers territory for you on this the calumn before the second half Starve and if you're enjoying anything you've seen so far today, hit that thumbs up button subscribe to the channel. It really helps us out. Share with your friends, your family, your dog, your neighbor's cat, whatever it may be. Sharing on like a Facebook group also helps us out a whole bunch. But a couple more interviews you had with with Dodgers All Star Dodgers at.
Speaker 2: The bank there. I really liked what Freddy had to say.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna I'm gonna pocket Freddy because Monsi monce. He's also just always so great, but he had some thoughts about guys. We've talked a whole lot about Rableski and Andy paieis so here comes, Here comes months.
Speaker 10: But Andy being in his first one, what have you seen the growth from him and his game and being able to be here for the first time.
Speaker 11: I think this year has been an extremely special year for Andy when you consider what he went through in the postseason last year. For a young player, it would have been extreme, extremely easy for someone to crumble to. You know, obviously he wanted to perform in the postseason last year. It didn't go how he wanted it to. But for him to come back this year put all that behind him and continue to grow as a player and you know, grow as a person also, it's just been really really cool to watch for me personally. You know, I've always thought that he was going to be a great player for us, and you know he's he's really drown into that. And also the work that he's put in for centerfield. I know that was something that a lot of people doubted. We never did, but a lot of people had doubted his ability in centerfield, and for him to become one of the best defensive center fielders, I think it's absolutely incredible.
Speaker 2: When he speaks to who he is as a person.
Speaker 10: What moment did you see from him, you know, playing your times with him, notice that you know this kid's going to be an All Star since.
Speaker 11: How man it could be? You could pick any number of moments, but you know a personal moment for me is h Mason Miller in San Diego as ninth inning or we were an extra innings, I can't remember, but the bat that he put together fouled off, you know, seven or eight pitches, was able to get a sac fly drove in the I think it was the tying run of the winning run for US. I can't remember, but just that a bat really sticks out of my head. For him to have the composure and to put together that kind of battle against a guy as good as Mason Miller was manned.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: Max, you had talked about your game and not wanting personal goals, but yet you if you look at the numbers that you're not paying attention to, and I won't say what they are, you're always so consistent. How do you find that consistency without paying attention to the results, just the process.
Speaker 11: Well, I think you show up every single day knowing that you know. And this is something that I learned from Jim. Tellmey, there's always something you can put in the bucket to help the team win every single day. It could be a play on defense, it could be in a walk. It could be spotting something on the picture from the dugout and relaying it to your you know, your teammates. Uh, It could be you get on base and you have a good dirt read, or you go first at third. There's any number of ways you can help the team win. And when you show up every single day with that being your main goal is to just put something in the bucket to help, you know, move the needle forward for the guys, I've you know, everything else kind of takes care of itself. You show up every day, you work, and you the ultimate goal is to win, and then that's when that's all you're focused on. You're now you don't care if you go zero for three or three for three. I kind of feel like everything just take takes care of itself.
Speaker 4: After that Robo and all start, we were screaming off the mountaintops to get him in here because I don't know, if you're not watching the Dodgers, maybe a lot of people don't know Justin Robleski, but he's tending to sub three E ra A. The kid has posted every single time he's taken the ball. What have you enjoyed about watching him go about his business? Specifically from your vantage point, He's.
Speaker 11: He's fun, you know, he's he's uh. He has a certain attitude on the mound it's kind of a dual personality guy, and uh, it's fun to see the personality come out on the mound. And you know, I think the whole world got to see it in Game seven last year. And you know, that's just kind of who he is. He's very fiery, he likes to attack, and uh, he's been very successful and I think, you know, for me personally, the biggest change I've seen from him is finding a way to translate his mindset from coming out of the bullpen to being a starter and that's that that can be tough for some guys, but he's found a way to do that, and that's why I think he's had the success he's had this year.
Speaker 1: I want to focus on the pie Haz factor of that. Really good observations from months he there and you and I were texting each other, messaging each other during that interview, just how good months he's gonna be in my opinion, you know, in the dugout in some capacity, you know, as a coach or on TV. You see future manager also definitely in his future there. Guy's gonna be able to do anything he wants, you know, hopefully for you know, selfishly, i'd love to see him on SNL A you know, with with Hardtungu after a couple more years of playing in a couple more rooms. That much aside the po has factor, and yeah, like Andy being you know, ell benchoed for games six and seven, I'm not gonna do the gesture that.
Speaker 2: Could very easily just thank you. That's that's huge, right there.
Speaker 1: Noah clip that that could very easily be something that just derailed Now I would.
Speaker 2: Say derails your career, but very hard to battle back from.
Speaker 1: Had just an abysmal postseason run, and uh, you know, for him to put up an all star caliber second half, uh, it's it's impressed. Sorry, first half, it's very very impressive. It's an impressive follow up. And yeah, you know he's fallen on kind of harder times of late.
Speaker 2: Since moving into that two hole games.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say sped up on him, of the league has caught up and he's done his part to make some adjustments. Still, Max also mentions the growth in the outfield. There was a lot of chatter about this guy is absolutely not a center fielder. Maybe you're lucky to put him in one of the corner spots. We knew he had a cannon. But he worked, he humped, he hustled, and he is an All Star starter in center field. And it's not like when to put him in center field. Now he belongs there.
Speaker 2: It's just really cool the growth of Andy paie.
Speaker 1: Has, another one of those homegrown Dodgers, Alana.
Speaker 4: You know what I think about when I think about Andy pai Has in the postseason. I don't think about any of that bats. I think about the saving the saving catch that he made. Keith Hernandez thought we lost the World Series because he didn't catch the ball. And here comes Andy pa haz off the wall with the ball in his glove, just like walking off the field like bro, I got it. That's what I remember when it comes to Andy pa Has in the postseason because that defensive play. We could have lost the World Series had they not caught that ball. Okay, So that's what I think about. That's what I think about.
Speaker 3: When I think about Andy pas in the postseason.
Speaker 4: Yes, would we have liked to have had him more productive offensively, But if you're banking on Andy Payez to be the off defensive savior of the Los Angeles Dodgers with names like we have that, you're putting your your balls in the wrong basket, I believe. And he has really emerged as a hell of a defensive center fielder when I was on the leading the charge of let's send this.
Speaker 3: Man to the Moon camp.
Speaker 4: So he is absolutely a wonderful, deserving All Star. And this is a guy that has has been through it also. I mean he can't even reach his parents to tell them that they made the All Star Game. I mean, he finally was able to, but I mean there's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that we have no idea. So congratulations to Paz. That's what I think about when I think about the postseason. And by the way, not for nothing, nobody is hitting in the two hole. Okay, that's why Andy po Has has been moved up to the two hole because the production by and large across the team in the two hole is the worst offensive production spot in the lineup.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, Kyle Tucker didn't walk, so Andy po Has couldn't score runs. I think that's that's how That's not really how it goes. That's not my sound borders on.
Speaker 2: I would one hundred percent be booing myself. So if you guys hated that hit, that thumbs up button.
Speaker 1: One final bit of interview, and we save one of the Dodgers for last. We got some Freddy in his tenth All Star game, and that meant something to him.
Speaker 3: Here's Freddy Freddy.
Speaker 4: This is old hat too, obviously, but I would imagine you never want to take it for granted. So what is is your perspective? As you just mentioned, you may never know when it's your last.
Speaker 12: Yeah, for me, it's it's him over there. My other two boys will be on the field for Homer and Derby, and he's really into baseball cards now. So it's just creating those kind of memories and trying to take it in. It's a lot, it really is.
Speaker 11: These two days.
Speaker 12: Is a lot going on. But to try and take a step back and realize the guys in the clubhouse, the first timers, you don't want to be that old guy who thinks it's not cool to be here anymore. It really is special to be here. It's an honor and when the especially when the fans vote you in. So try and take it all in and try and create the memories with the boys first timers.
Speaker 4: Andy pot has justin riblest Game should be should be and Justin here is here, Thank goodness.
Speaker 3: What do you want them to know about this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I told Justin to just take it all in. He might probably pitch tomorrow because he doesn't pitched price since what Tuesday or Wednesday? So what a great experience for your first one and probably pitching it. It's a lot. It's just more of just trying to stay grounded for a second. It's hard to my first one. I felt like I didn't belong it was, But it's just trying to help him get navigate the two days of making sure they take a step back and realize how special this is and still get to have a little fun in between.
Speaker 4: All Right, finally for me this team, obviously, you guys need the break. I'm sure everybody kind of limping around here, but you still have.
Speaker 3: An eleven and a half game lead in the division.
Speaker 4: That's that's the first box, right when the division get the home field advantage type of thing.
Speaker 3: How would you assess your first half?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean when you end twenty five games over five hundred, I think everyone's going to be pretty thrilled about how we played. Obviously, the last this past weekend wasn't the best, but the break came out the right time. We get a few days off, hopefully show he can get get healthy. We have a couple of guys coming back after the All Star break. You have Key k gonna come back, Blake Snell's going on it, come back, Tyler's back starting to feel better. So, uh, we got reinforcements coming and we still had a really good first half. So I like how we are playing great baseball and to start in the East Coast against these teams that we're going to face, really kicks off the energy to high intensity. So that kind of what we needed.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Freddie using the right word reinforcements. It's not trade deadline acquisitions.
Speaker 2: You got. Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, we're listen. It's not us we blame. We blame Katie for that one. She's the one who keeps bringing it up.
Speaker 3: Not really, it's not fair.
Speaker 4: We can't blame her when she's not here to defend herself. By the way, Katie is en route to New York, I would imagine from Philadelphia. That's why she's not here today. She's on assignment or or en route to start the Yankee series too.
Speaker 1: The only thing I really wanted to randomly dive into quickly on the Freddie stuff. We appreciate you guys hanging out with us if you're still here on a longer episode of the show, but him enjoying it, he said, you know, you don't want to be that old guy who thinks it's not cool to be here. And there was a lot of All stars, a lot of people. I mean, the whole Zach Wheeler thing was kind of you know, probably more than it needed to be. Just accept that you were an All Star and you know you don't need to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if Zach was in for Justin's out.
Speaker 2: Well he wouldn't have pitched. I think they would still need a replacement for him.
Speaker 1: But regardless of how that all works, like too many people not showing up to this thing. Yeah, it's taken away from the allure of the I mean, Misowski didn't pitch in the game. You know, like going back to what we said earlier, like all these elite pitchers are better than the elite hitters, and we still didn't have like that top one percent of some of the best pitchers in the game, with Skeens and Misrowski and Cam Schlitzler, you know, stuff like that didn't pitch.
Speaker 2: In the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but again, then the other side of that argument that that's why if you're gonna want these guys to pitch, then it has to be when it's not in season and their regular season is it on the line.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean, these guys are these guys are trying to get into the postseason.
Speaker 4: I mean, can imagine if the if the Yankees lose Cam Schlitzler, the front runner for the American Leed Sayag Award winner because he I felt so bad when junior kemen Arro got hit. I was like, oh my god, Kevin Cash just had a heart attack somewhere on thecation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, one hundred percent. It's tough. Yeah, there's I don't know if there's a right answer.
Speaker 1: This is still in like, in my opinion, the best All Star game of all the major sports, Like Pro Bowl is garbage. NBA All Star Game had its kind of moment for a second trying to come back, but it's still just I.
Speaker 3: Honestly like, I don't know what the answer is, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Freddy was also asked before I was asking him those questions about baseball in the Olympics He's like, when would you do it? Like, it's just so difficult because you'd have to take a two week hiatus from your regular season, kind of like the NHL does. So there's you're always going to be upsetting somebody. There's no right answer for this, but I do appreciate his approach about the All Star Game. You can't take that type of stuff for granted, because I'm sure these guys would like an extra couple of days off. It's a long season, right and it's like the guys that are the best in the game get less time off than the guys that aren't.
Speaker 3: And they're on vacation right now. Yes, yeah, you know, but.
Speaker 1: Quickly before we moved to last legs. But there's all the interviews, good stuff, a lot of shout out to FanDuel. FanDuel, what are they called foul Territory. Those are the people we work with and work for, haven't you know, bringing the family together out there. I'm sure you guys had a great time. But Brandon in the chat had a question about Super Chat two bucks. We appreciate, Brandon said, asking any news on Bruce dark Grat are all real quick. He had the back surgery a couple weeks ago, maybe a month and change ago. He is up to walking now and he is actually running on like a zero gravity treadmill. Still highly unlikely that he returns the sea, but happy for Bazooka to be trending in the right direction. Hopefully, you know he's able to find himself either a minor league deal with the Dodgers in the off season, which seems to make a lot of sense, or in some way back with the team as he continues to rehab in the next year. But that much said, Riz, I want you to tell people about a dog.
Speaker 4: Let's get to the last links, all right, guys, let me introduce you to Frankie. He's a cute little guy. He is three years old. He is a mixed breed. Lots of stuff going on here. As far as Frankie is concerned. He is Minpin. He is also mixed with poodle, as you can see. That gives him his curly Further so, it's Minpin, poodle and Chihuahua. Those are his three main breeds. He's up to date on all of his shots. He's neutered. We're looking for a home with older kids, So if you have like teenage kids.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 4: The reason being is we believe he was absolutely abused and tormented by kids, and we don't want him to be in a house with young kids. Again, it's just not good for anybody involved in that situation. He's currently being fostered in southern California. He's available for adoption in California. Great with other dogs. He's a sweet boy.
Speaker 3: If you're interested in learning more about Frankie, please reach out.
Speaker 2: Cool cool. Yeah, don't have does nobody have kids ever?
Speaker 4: That's an important thing, and certainly if you do, please don't let them abuse animals.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, big series coming up, Dodgers Yankees.
Speaker 2: Let's see what we got.
Speaker 1: We don't have matchups yet, but here's a little bit of tail of the tape against the Yankees. There fifty ft two in the Al East. Are those Yankees? These are always fun series, you know, And yeah, I love it And be interested in hearing our friend Derek Lewandowski's thoughts and opinions about you know, Dodgers Yankees. If you guys want a different opinion, different outlook at it.
Speaker 2: Check out pinstripe territory. Derek is is absolutely great.
Speaker 1: But what do you need to see if anything, in this particular series, you should have Yama getting the ball.
Speaker 2: In Day Game one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should have Yamamoto.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're also wanting to take advantage of Yankees club that doesn't have Aaron Judge in the lineup. You know. Obviously Ben Rice is probably their toughest at bat right now. He's having a really great year. He too was an All Star. Cody Bellinger an All Star, the All Star MVP. Of course for Belly, who I got to give him a lot of credit. I even told him this, I said, listen, when I found out that you were going to New York, I didn't know if this was going to work out for you because I just with his personality, I didn't think like that New York was going to be it.
Speaker 3: But it's been it.
Speaker 4: He's looked great, and he's obviously having a tremendous year. There so nothing. I want to see the same thing that we're doing, you know. I want to see continued starting pitching, going as deep as you can into the ball game. We'll see what happens, you know, in this series. But this is a fun one, right It's the rematch of the twenty twenty four World Series. Let's play the fifth inning the way that we did in twenty twenty four in.
Speaker 3: The last game of of the World Series. There, so do that. Let's do that again. That's what I want to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it should be some good, really good pitching matchups in the series as well. What a whole bunch of four o'clock games or something like that. We will be live post game tomorrow, so guys, make sure you are tuned in for that. Subscribe to the channel, do all that kind of stuff. Mash that thumbs up button, share with your friends, share with your family.
Speaker 4: You got something, by the way, yeah, no, really quick, you can leave this on there.
Speaker 3: Subscribe, subscribe, subscribe.
Speaker 4: By the way, the twenty twenty seven Dodgers schedule is out.
Speaker 3: If there is a season, pack your bags, you know where to go. Check it out online. We'll see where you guys want to where we road trip next year. Check it out. That just came out. That's open.
Speaker 1: Open the year at home on March twenty fifth against the Bravest. A lot of work to be done between MLB and MLBPA before then, because they are.
Speaker 4: Still I mean when the season starts on July third, like it did in two thousand and whatever the.
Speaker 2: Hell it was, Oh, God right, guys, we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Night.
Speaker 2: Bye, m
Speaker 4: M hm