Speaker 1: Wake Up, Wake Up in the mall and.
Speaker 2: It's a radio and the doctors on time already, lunchbox, more game too, Steve bred I trying to put you through fog. He's running this week's next bit. The Bobby's on the box, so you know what this is, the Bobby Ball. So the question is, what's the one single decision that was possibly non impactful in your life, but you made it and it changed the entire trajectory of your life. Okay, that's the question I wrote my now and I'll get to mind Amy. You can go first. What one single decision which you didn't expect to change the trajectory of your life changed it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, I think my husband and I at the time were in the adoption process for a domestic baby, and I think me going to Haiti to work with women uh introduced me to older children at a at orphanages that need homes, they need to be adopted, and it shifted everything we were doing. We went from a domestic newborn adoption to adopting two older children from Haiti.
Speaker 2: And had you not made the decision to go to work with the women there, you would have never found out.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: So it was making that decision to go yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean and now I sometimes I even I look at my daughter and my son and I'm like, I can't believe that I get to be their mom. Because there were times we were close to getting a newborn domestic baby and it fell through or just different things would change and that would have been a totally different trajectory. I mean, then this was that changed everything big time for us.
Speaker 2: Mine is professional that turns personal. So years ago, probably six or seven years ago, TV producer said, hey, do you want to be a judge on the Mass Singer And at the same time USA Network was offering me like a they this show with like it was like Shanaia and Travis Tritt and they were like this. And then but Idle American Idol was offering me a position. It was like third string though, because Ryan C. Christ was the host and Luke Brian and Katy Perry and Lionel Richie were the judges. But they were like, you'll be the mentor in every episode for this is a year deal. I do. It was something for four years, so the role wasn't as big, but I felt like the show and the network were bigger. So I weighed that out. I was like, do I want to go be a judge on a show that no one's ever heard of, which at the time was mass singer, or be the host on this USA show, smaller network, or be the least on the biggest. So I chose the least on the biggest, which was Idle on ABC. It is great four years So because I did Idle, they said, hey, why don't you go do Dancing with the Stars to promote American idol. I was like, I don't dance well, not back down from a challenge. That sounds fun. Let's go. So I go on Dancing with the Stars. Controversial, but I win this show, which is great. Hey look at me, I got a trophy. I go back to Dancing with the Stars and my entire time I'm Dancing with the Stars. I had a PR person who was from Oklahoma. Her and I got along because she was from Oklahoma now from Arkansas, and it was weird because we were both kind of fish out of water, but she had lived there a little longer. But it was kind of how we I had somebody that was kind of like me, and so we were good friends. And I go back after I won that season and she's there because we've been friends the whole time. She's like, oh, I have a friend with me. I needed to be a seat filler, so I called her last minute and it was Caitlin, my wife, and so that's how I met My wife. Was the pr person from Oklahoma from a dancing show that I would never have done had I not been on American Idol and they asked me to do it, had I not made the decision to go be the third string on that show instead of first or second string on a different show. So me choosing Idol over the mass singer is what introduced me to my wife. That's pretty crazy. So I had to walk that string, yeah, and write it out so I didn't mess it up. But that decision was basically just what I wanted to do on TV. I was getting a few first. I was pretty cool, but I think I made the right one. I was like, got a cult trophim, yes, but yeah, that to me, choosing that job is what introduced me to my wife, And I'm pretty grateful that I made that decision. Lunchbyk's it coming to you an Eddie next hang out? Well to play this, We'll come back and get their single decisions that changed the trajectory of your life that maybe you didn't think what was big at the time. All right, single decision that you did not at the time think it was massive, but it ended up changing the entire trajectory of your life.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox, It's easy.
Speaker 4: I was going into my senior year at the University of Texas at San Antonio, and I applied to Kansas University University of Kansas because if I always wanted to go there, I was always wanted to be a Jayhawk, and I got in, but my transfer credits would have made me a sophomore again. And I was like, man, do I really want to go there and have to do more school? Like this is my last year. I'm not going to go change my life because I would have never made you. I'd have never made this show. The show would have never been as big. I mean, so we're lucky. Yeah, we get writing your coattails. We would never have been as successful, that's right.
Speaker 2: So thank god. So your sacrifice changed our life with that decision.
Speaker 3: Right, And so that's crazy. I would have moved to Kansas.
Speaker 2: You got to make it like that. He could have just done the thing and been I made this decision. It was great, but then he always has to make it about that.
Speaker 3: But isn't it crazy how that is?
Speaker 4: Like I always wanted to go there and go to school there, and then I get in it's like, oh, you'll be a sophomore again. No, I think I'll just stay here and write it out at UTSA and your life is completely different.
Speaker 2: But the craziest part is you didn't even graduate at UTSA. Well, yeah, but because you stayed because you wanted to graduate. But then you didn't even graduate, right, you left one class short and you could have gone back and finished people well in the fall.
Speaker 3: I could have gone back.
Speaker 4: I walked the stage, but it was only offered in the fall. And then I got this job and there was no time to go back to school. If I would have been up in Kansas and Lawrence going to school, I would have never got this job.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't this show.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't be here because you are what makes this show. That's right, Yeah, yeah, it's a wild thank you for being you man, Eddie.
Speaker 5: See mine's along the same lines, like it's crazy that I got this job that like we moved to Nashville, together. You actually asked me to be part of the show. That's crazy. But what's even crazier is that when we got to Nashville, we've been living here for a few years. I got to adopt two kids, and I think that if I wouldn't would have never met you, would have never gotten this job, moved to Nashville. I would have never had my two kids, who were both born here in Nashville. Like that we've adopted, and that's pretty amazing to me. But you would have never had Lunchbox not made me successful about him not going to Kansas has got you your kids?
Speaker 2: Yelievable. This is unbelievable full circle.
Speaker 4: I mean really, like we have UTSA and the University of Kansas to think because if they were said, hey, you'll be a junior, you'll be a senior.
Speaker 2: Eddie wouldn't have his kids.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't have your wife either. Oh my god, your kids either.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Maybe we're just living out Lunchbox's life. Maybe, like that's crazy part of his plan.
Speaker 3: So much.
Speaker 4: I mean, my little decision changed the directory of this whole show.
Speaker 2: I struggle with trajectory as well. For the record, I don't.
Speaker 1: Really know how he impacted my life, but he said, I have my kids.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't.
Speaker 2: How do you know, Well, she was already in that process though before we came here, she would have never been on this show. I was looking at a TikTok video of the flooding in Ashville after the hurricane. TikTok get any flood any of the hurricanes lot crazy, right, And it had rained so much the ground was so saturated. So with them, when the hurricane hits and the massive amountain rainfall comes with that, it just floods, even in the mountains. And so there are many different ways to help. I would encourage you do a little, give a little due diligence before you you start sending your money, unless it's like the Red Cross or the Salvation Army, because this is also where scammers will try to come up with some things and try to get you. And there are a lot of people in places that need the help. And so I also encourage you to go go and look. And for us, animals are a big thing. So we donate to a shelter that was housing a lot of animals that have been displaced. But if you go to Redcross dot org. You can also find different areas and they're legit because they get there quick with food, shelter supplies, etc. But they do need help. The Salvation Army, a lot of people are now trying to figure out ways to help, and so from like the private sector, it's hard to just jump in and start helping when there's still water there. You kind of have to wait for it all to go away unless they're super trained like the Red Cross or Salvation Army. But yeah, it's wild, like it doesn't even feel like real. It looks like a movie almost because it's there's so much water so quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my brother's in Saint Pete and we have a family text and we just were making sure that he was okay and his place was fine. He's so many people around him and so many people that he knows, like six food of water and they're house Like. It's it's thinking about it, overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Fat of water, even a foot of water, Like I've never been in a flood like that, where a foot of water just because you can't really stop water. Uh. North Carolina, Florida, Eastern Tennessee. A lot of data, a lot of really really I'm gonna read the numbers of some of the stuff that's happened here, but people still missing. So I would encourage if you're listening to my voice right now and you have five, ten extra bucks, if you can help a lots of those fives and tens and extra bucks, that all helps once it's all combined together. So you can go to Redcross dot org, or you can go and search for different ways people are helping and help them. Just be very careful because when someone a tragedy happens, also, that's when the scammers come out, and we hate for you to be taken advantage of. So we'll put some links up on our website of bobbybones dot com if you guys want to check that out. A woman filed for divorce from her husband after only forty days, not because cheated, but because he he bathed once or twice per month. Apparently she didn't know that was his bathing habit. What The unnamed woman approached the local family counseling center to complain about her husband's poor personal hygiene, claiming that he rarely ever bathed, war dirty clothes, suffered from bad breath, she could barely stand close to him, let alone be intimate with him. Isn't this something you learn whenever you're dating.
Speaker 1: Maybe they didn't do things.
Speaker 2: They didn't do things like standing next to each other in the car.
Speaker 1: Had they met, I don't know.
Speaker 2: As a result, after only forty days of marriage, a woman asked for a divorce. Oh maybe she thought she could change him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right. When questioned by the counseling center, the husband admitted to bathing again at most twice a month, and cleansing by sprinkling his body with water. The scorned wife said that he had bathed six times in the last forty days, a bit more than he usually did, because she was like, you have to bathe more, so he did, but it was six into forty he tried, that's six times. It's thirty six, right, Yeah, so you're looking at over six weeks once.
Speaker 1: A Yeah, it's not going to work. That would be a big problem.
Speaker 2: Twenty I don't know. The woman's family said she was unable to reconcile it with him. I guess I don't think of that as being like divorcible, But if he's not going to change, that's hard to live with. It's always stinky, is it?
Speaker 1: Annulminable.
Speaker 2: I don't know. An elements are different different states. Sometimes you can't get an annulment. What is the difference, What do you mean? What's the marriage is kind of canceled out?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: And sometimes you can do them later than others with.
Speaker 1: A certain amount of time. I guess, like Bobby's saying, the window might be a different state to state or through the church and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Are North Carolina listeners if you listen to the show on your North Carolina and we were talking about Asheville where I was seeing the flooding here. Uh, we're doing a big supply gather on October second, so today said for the thirtieth how many days this month?
Speaker 1: Tomorrow is the first first Wenesday?
Speaker 2: Okay, so Wednesday, So if you're in our listening area at the Walmart on Killed their Farm Road and carry from ten am to six pm, we're looking for water, canned food, whatever you can donate to help, so you can help us there in Carrie, North Carolina. So just a heads up to our listeners they're they're in that area, they can help us. We slowly start to patch things together to try to get people back on their feet as quick as possible. An annulment is legal procedure that declares the marriage no Olan boyd from the beginning, as if it never happened. Okay, but different rules for different states for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's only through the government. It has nothing to do with the church. No, okay, Well, I just I guess of the church. They probably recognize it because that's a lot of you know, the reason why people wouldn't want to get a divorce is because of their religion. But if it's an annulment, then it's okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're saying, but yeah, an is a legal thing. I don't really what's really following? There are no no, no, sorry, Okay, let's go. Time for the news Bobby's stories. We were talking about the hurricane earlier and I found a site you can go to. It's envad dot org. And I feel pretty good about this site having legitimate places that you can go and either donate or volunteer. But it's envoad dot org. Helen leaves extreme devastation in North Carolina, Florida, and eastern Tennessee. At least one hundred and fifteen people are confirmed to be dead from Hurricane Helen, thousands still missing and the numbers expected to rise. And for me, I think one of the great things about TikTok has been the ability to quickly show exactly what's happening so you can humanize it. Because in the past, you read a news story hopefully like a local affiliate cable news, somebody has something and you can actually make a human response to it instead of just reading it on paper. But with TikTok being so quick, you're just like, oh my god, like as it was happening, You're watching places get flooded. I was talking about seeing Ashville earlier and people in boats going by houses and the water is up like the middle of the door, if not higher in the mountains. So I would encourage you if you can, you have five ten bucks. Red Cross, and why the Red Cross is important is because while things are still like bad, they can actually get in and help or it's hard for like Luke Combs for example, was like, hey, we're gonna do something once, but you can't do anything until all the water goes down, until it's safe for people to go in, the great thing about the Red Cross and these sites like n voad dot org is that they actually have ways to help while it's still bad. So I would encourage you to check that out, do what you can do. Hopefully somebody would do something for you if you were going through the same thing. But yeah, is real bad. This website you gave out too is good because you can volunteer or donate. Yeah, you can do I believe I said that. Whenever I said the name of it, I was looking double check.
Speaker 1: I think it's like right when you go to the website too though, so obviously volun tiers or something that are needed.
Speaker 2: So yeah, check that out. It's envoad dot org. Chris Christofferson died at eighty eight years old. When they do like a biopic of his life, oh my god, people are finally fully gonna grasp like he was a Rhodes scholar, so he was wildly smart. He was a veteran. He was an actor. He won a Golden Globe for a star is born. He was one of the greatest songwriters of the history of what we would consider contemporary songwriting. He was one of the highwaymen. Yeah, I mean, it's just you know, wild as to how great he was not just good, but how great he was in many, many different areas. It's crazy that like who we kind of assigned to be our represent our representation. Like in country music, it's like Johnny Cash, it's like will He's still alive, but we pick and Chris Chosofson obviously one of the great grades. But it easily could have been him, because it kind of isn't if you know, you know, but he's not one of the names of artists come through and they're like, you know, I'm just a big Chris Christophers've ban But it very easily could have been. But I think partially too, it's because he diversified his talents and acted and did all. I mean, really one of the most talented, hardest working people in country music history. So yeah, he died. He was in the Country Music Hall of Fame induction class of two thousand and four and he was with Waylon and Willie and Johnny. Have a big picture of the Highwaymen in the house. It's all four of those guys framed. So cool. Yeah, it's pretty cool. He wrote me and Bobby McGhee, Me and Bobby McGhee, which who later recorded it, Janis Joplin, I go. It didn't become a hit for her until after she died, but he was alive. But yeah, so yeah, Rest in peace to Chris Christofferson died eighty eight years old. A Harvard medical student ate seven hundred and twenty eggs in a month, mostly to test cholesterol. Yeah, because they say eggs, eat a bunch of them, raise your cholesterol. Yeah, So he ate seven hundred and twenty. By the end of the month, he found that his cholesterol levels had dipped twenty percent had done down. How does that work? I think the point was it's not just about the eggs. It's about other factors, not just the eggs, like making life axile. What you're putting with the eggs, eggs make it right right right right? Yeah, that's from Fox and See all that eggs in California becomes the second state to require parents to save earnings for child influencers. So they're putting in financial protections for teens and children who are featured on social media that gets monetized. Governor Gavin Newsom signed legislation Thursday. The mandate's parents and guardians set aside and trust accounts a percentage of earnings earned by minors quote featured and monetized online content. Basically, if your kids making money and they're not old enough, you have to save a bit of it till they get old.
Speaker 1: Or what if you're an influencer that makes money off of your kids type things, like your kids are part of your content or like you link their stuff, that's.
Speaker 2: Going to be part of it too, right, Yeah, I think there's a there's a different part of it too that includes minors and content. But if they're getting paid, if they're if they are getting paid, part of that money has to go and be saved for them right now. If they're in your stuff that you're getting paid, that is not the case. Okay, So just by putting your kid in the background of a video, they're not going to make any money if you are. But if it's like Ryan's toys, but if it's a kid who's actually having the check made to them or made to the trust that's that then yes, so that has to be put back.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess yeah. I just when I saw that, I got curious about, like, you know, you want there's little all their little outfits, you know, like moms link like their kids outfits.
Speaker 2: And if the check isn't to the kid. Okay, then otherwise man extra was in a sidewalk in your video, Bro, I didn't even be paid. Experts trying to figure out how to figure out how this toad ended up in a bag of salad. There's a live toad. This is like the greatest commercial for the salad. Here we go. If I were a salad company, I would be like, we're so fresh, even toads are living in it. Yeah yeah, but we don't want that. We don't want that in our bags.
Speaker 3: No, we don't want it.
Speaker 2: Like I see what you're saying. You should it's natural. You don't eat the toad.
Speaker 1: No, we don't want a prewashed bag.
Speaker 2: You don't wanted that natural? Why not? I thought you wanted the most natural things possible. Yeah yeah, wait, we just want insect free or reptile. Say you do, but you don't. Experts trying to establish the origin of a toad found in a supermarket bag of salad. See, this would be my commercial. We're so fresh, even the toads are still alive, he said. Since collecting on Monday, he had been keeping the toad in isolation because it was not clear where the toad had come from, right this poor toad is looking around. I'm like, well, I mind isolation. He said, he's in a little nice box. He's got some soil and some leaves. That's from BBC. The toad was alive. That's great, Great for the salad. If you want to know if a member of the opposite sex is then do you listen carefully to their voice. According to research, both men's and women's voices lower when they're talking to someone they're attracted to. For guys, that means if she sounded husky, she's likely into you. Women should listen for the same. A man deepening his voice sounds more passionate and intense. That is from Gentlemen's Journal.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. This is tricky though, because they say guys are gonna like you better if you talk with a higher pitch voice.
Speaker 2: Gentleman's Journal says the opposite. I'm a big Gentleman's Journal guy. All right, there you go. That's a news Bobby's story. It's easy to get emotional if you're driving and someone cuts you off and you're like middle finger, or you're like honk a horn, or try to get up and cut them off like all those Although that may feel good for a second. Probably not the best idea. Macro micro feels great, Macro. What are you gonna get from it? Not much? And there's a possibility that something like this could happen. Capone Dixon, thirty eight years old, was booked into at Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault with a road rage penalty enhancement about eight am. This is the morning the police responded to a road rage incident in which the mill suspect shot through the victim's windshield after they had stopped on the side of fifty seven to forty South Canal Road to argue about the victim driving too slowly in front of Capone.
Speaker 3: That's not good.
Speaker 2: This is just somebody driving. This person's mad for some reason. They pull over because the dude like chased him to Walmart. I think like follow him in, and somebody follows me in. I messed up and follows me. I'm not pulling over. I'm keeping going, and I'm also not going to follow somebody you never know who's got a gun in their car. The victim told police that he was outside of his car about to get back in after they had talked, and he fired a bullet through the windshield. That's not good, you said, eight am, right, Yeah, that's the high stress traffic trying.
Speaker 3: To get Yeah, but man has to go bad that early in the morning.
Speaker 2: When somebody cuts you off, just remember possibly they didn't do it on purpose. And also, who knows how many times that you have cut someone off not knowing you did a or b you knew you did, but it was kind of an accident, or see you did, and you're just thankful that nobody shot you. But wouldn't you like to know if you were gonna cut someone off and you were like you were cutting someone off and you're gonna hit him, like you gotta let them know by hitting the horn. Hey, what are you doing? That's that's all good in your world until somebody pulls a gun. Right then I'm going because people know you're not gone because you cannot run a bullet. I besides you, and I do say he because this is only dudes for the most part. Only dudes for the most part are pulling guns in a road rage incident.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's only people dudes getting out of the side of the road and fighting and getting it's always disrespect. This guy's name is capone, it can't be good.
Speaker 2: For something similar to that. Mark zuckerbird Berg is now made two hundred billion dollars two hundred billion. Bloomberg's Billionaire Index shows Zuckerberg has grown his personal fortune to over two hundred billion. I was thinking about this this morning before I came in. When you have two hundred billion dollars, it has to be like hot water to us explain, meaning we only have a limited amount of hot water, but we have as much as we want because we live in a part of the world that has hot water. Like we're very lucky. But we can just turn our hot water on and have so much hot water, not think about it. It's there.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Do we have to pay for it?
Speaker 3: Is the bill?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's that you know, is you're building to be five hundred bucks instead of like one hundred and eight. So that's like him with money. It's basically our hot water.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sometimes our hot water goes out.
Speaker 2: His is never going to go away, yeah, but ours always comes back right, like we have hot water again. Anytime it's ever gone out, we have it again, Sue. So he is able to spend money like we're able to use hot water. You think he's fruit little like at all, Like is he asking for a deal somewhere? Probably, Usually people that are very rich are very rich, especially if they weren't given money. It's different if money's passed down to you like your parents, because you're always rich, you don't understand. But usually people that have a lot of money that made a lot of money, made a lot of money by making certain decisions with their money, and that really doesn't change. It's like somebody who's a great ballplayer and they win two super Bowls and they don't go, I'm all good now with two super Bowls. No, they continue to go and try to get three, four, five, six seven. They go Pat Mahomes, Tom Brady, like they got the two by being absolutely dedicated and driven, so they're going to continue to try to get four, five, six, seven eight super Bowls. Same thing with people like this. I assume man I thought he doesn't look at price tag. Mark Zuckerberg is known for being frugal despite his wealth. Really, yeah, there's a difference price tags. But I'm also he's not going into a store where they But I would say, like he's not going to be taking advantage of on like property or anything true. I talked to coach Elco from Texas A and M on Friday, and you know, they had the big George Straight show there. Yeah, and so Eddie and I were talking to him and we asked him if he went to that show. I did, My wife and I went. We got We got a It was my daughter was with us.
Speaker 5: So my daughter was there for Parker McCollum because she's a huge Parker McCollum fan, so that was an added plus.
Speaker 3: And then we got to see George that night and what.
Speaker 1: A scene that was in Kyle.
Speaker 2: So they went, he's the head football coach. They beat us this week. It is terrible. I like him. It's I hate liking somebody that beats me. Although I didn't play, I have to keep running myself by you didn't play. We blew another second half lead. It's like our things so a thing. Hey, guess what you're leading in the second half. What are you going to do? We will show you will blow it. I was in a pretty good mood though, because it's an expectation.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: My wife's like, are you mad? I was like no, It's like, why not. I let we blow every every lead in the second half. It's just normal. Now, it's normal. I've just come to accept Arkansas football. If we have a lead, we're going to blow it. I don't even want the lead till the very end. Okay, well, when you think that way, No, no, it's not me thinking that way. They made it happen. It's it happening that made me think that way. So yeah, you can listen to that interview on twenty five Whistles. But he's great. Text A and M guy, are we good this year? Who's text A and M? You guys are pretty good this year? Yeah? Four and one. You have to tell her.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that we beat Arkansas week.
Speaker 2: It wasn't pretty at all. According to Taste of Country, Carrie Underwood's making half of what Katie Perry did on American Idol, Which it's just weird that we know how much money people make. That is weird. It's weird, like I can look up anybody that I know that was an athlete and go, wow, this is how much money they made. Like think about it. Nobody has any idea how much money we make. And for the most part, you don't know how much money and your neighbors make you could probably kind of ballpark it, but then you still don't know.
Speaker 1: So should it be that either we know what everybody makes everywhere or we know nothing.
Speaker 2: I think if we knew what everybody made, life would be a little more fair because I think people get taken advantage of a lot of jealousy too, though I think if everything was extremely open and on it, I don't think there would be as much jealousy. Actually, okay, you've thought about this, I can tell well, I'm just glad our money's not put out there. But it's weird, like, for example, the story here Life of Style reports that Carrie's making about thirteen million a year or Katy Perry's making twenty five. But Katy Perry made that over years. I think she started like ten million in the first couple of seasons. But imagine if like all of our salaries were put out there. That would be crazy. It'll be crazy. Well, I had a guy, I'm a podcast a sports show, and I know how much you made. I looked at all up. I can see every contract that he's signed because he's an athlete and some entertainment, like you know how much people making movies, but we don't know everything they make, right, because that's just like their main thing. Yeah, you don't know what they're doing with their money, like what they're investing in, right, so we don't know how much money, Like we can't get into the IRS. Although someone to try to hack me once.
Speaker 1: I remember that they worked for the IRS.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they actually worked for the IRS and logged.
Speaker 1: In that great, but they weren't supposed to do They weren't in that whatever department they were logging into the.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happened, lady, they got flagged. You're going at the IRS. You have the password, but you try to go into like my stuff when you're not supposed to be in there.
Speaker 1: Bizarre and all of us because we're friends with you, so thinks, oh.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, everybuddy. Yeah, So I just thought it would be weird if all of our if everybody's money was out there, and I'm thankful ours isn't. What if our company decide it one day, you know what, we're gonna be have full transparency. You know why they don't why competition so they can negotiate people's salaries higher and lower.
Speaker 3: Oh that's smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you don't know how much somebody else is making You don't know what you're worth in comparison to them.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't they just want to pay you what you're worth.
Speaker 3: No, well, they want to keep the money for themselves.
Speaker 2: Ifs and butts we're candies and nuts, man, the world will be much much better. You know, there's a scam out. It has to do a TikTok so a scam alert scammeler. So you'll get this. Hello, I'm from the HR department at TikTok. Your resume is very suitable for our positions. Also, whenever I'm gonna say this, whenever it's not perfect English, because if it comes in like a DM or a text and it's like somebody, it sounds a bit Swedish and they're forgetting certain. I'm like, that's for sure. Escape So for business development, TikTok needs thre hundred part timers, no experience required. But this is not real. So don't believe if you get a message from TikTok, either in your DMS or a text message, is they have phone numbers, don't believe it. That's not real. They're not offering daily salaries up to six hundred dollars for part time jobs. Also, I'm not paying people to be on this podcast or this show. Somebody's faking as me. They're booking people that I know what and saying we'll give you like three that we've never in the history of the world paid a single guest to come on the show. And it's sending that to people as you as my manager. And it's always like, this is Dwight, Bobby's manager. Who is Dwight? That's funny. And then they say we're looking to book so and so we're willing to pay up to three thousand dollars. We don't pay guests. Nobody reputable pays guests.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so I get them from like people I know, going, hey, did you try to book my friend? It happened to other day with Fox Sports. Somebody of Fox Sports message me. Was that one of you guys. It was like, Hey, this person's asking if you book them, Morgan, do you get those in the DM's a lot? Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well I got sent one from like somebody who has a big following on TikTok and she's like and then she posted a video and then everybody was tagging us, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, this isn't nice. We didn't do it.
Speaker 2: It, don't fall for that, So scam alert. Nobody's trying to pay you to be on TikTok, and I'm not trying to book you for the podcast, So heads up there. TikTok's ficial website warn't choosers to be aware of scammers trying to portray themselves as company employees. So there you go. Thanks. Dozens of exceptionally well preserved Viking skeletons unearthed in Denmark, that's all. That would be so legit to find like a good one that was because it was like kept from weather, was able to be held, so you had more of an idea of how big the humans actually were to what they were eating. Who knows, that would be crazy. Fifty exceptionally well preserved Viking skeletons, which also too if they put them on a little floated thing and floated a mountain and shot the arrow of fire that was the funeral Hiking funeral have been unearthed in Denmark by archaeologists. Five Graves quote, it is truly unusual we'll find so many well preserved skeletons at once, like those discovered in Asum. That would be so cool if that was your thing, like to find the relics. Like you've been studying history, you have ideas and so well preserved. That would be awesome. You mean like Indiana Jones. I never saw Indiana Jones. That's what he does, like Ross Keller, uh, dinosaurs. Yeah, but I think he's in the museum, Indian Jones in the field. But wait what I thought he Dana Jones like save people and stuff. Well he did once he'd go out to look for like the Lost Arc. Then people would start fighting. Oh that's him stuff, Indiana Jones. Hold on, let me think it of this. Indiana Jones and Noah's Ark, No, what's it called? And the Raiders of the Lost Arc. Oh, it's not called Noah's Art. And then he's looking for the the cup, you know, the cup that Jesus drank the wine from. And then he finds looking for that, oh yeah, in one of them. Yeah, hold on, Indiana Jones. The Temple of Doom. Yeah, I don't know what he's looking for there. I think he's looking for these stones that like what about that? There is a last one too. I never saw any of them. Are they all really good? They're really good? Yeah, I mean but I saw them as kids, so like, as a kid, it was really really cool. What about when Indiana Jones has that declaration of independence or whatever. That's uh, that's the other one, that's Nicholas Cage. Is that the Lost Treasure, National Treasure, National Treasure, Temple of Dooms. Very different, not the same thing. No, there's something called lighthouse parenting. Lighthouse parents provide a stable source of guidance for their children. It's perfect, like a lighthouse there when you need them for some direction. But these aren't helicopter parents. Doesn't apply to the difference in a lighthouse helicopter parent. Lighthouse parents pride themselves. I'm giving their kids the freedom to go out on their own and just be free and learn themselves. But it sounds expensive. Wait what that sounds expensive letting someone go out and make your own mistakes and crash the car, Like, no, we're not gonna let's.
Speaker 1: Skip the crust light, here's the keys.
Speaker 2: Well, when you let the kids go out and just live car, I never say thing about a car. Well, I'm just thinking of parenting.
Speaker 1: I think it's they have their own autonomy, had to make their own decision, and then they can come to you for guidance, but not hovering.
Speaker 2: You let them go. They're on the roof, they're like, hey, I do to jump? They break an arm. That's now they're doing jackass. It's costs money for that. Now they do do that kind of stuff if But isn't that part of learning life exactly? Like there's a fine line, but it's expensive. I'd rather go out and be like, before you jump, don't do that. Get down. But they're going to learn that lesson eventually anyway, right at some point, just like when a boat is out to sea and away from the lighthouse. They want their kids to grow and learn through the rough seas, but always have a lighthouse to see to come back to. Lighthouse. Parents are dependable but not controlling like a helicopter parent would be. That's from the Atlantic, So I think Eddy is a helicopter parent for sure. You could probably be both. You can have a helicopter and a lighthouse. Dang, you called in all the troops parents is hard man. You'd probably lean more helicopters, though I don't know. We're telling you that the lane. We're telling you that helicopter. If I had to pick a lane, I'd probably i'd lean more helicopter. Yes, yes it's a hard lane, but yes, fair enough. That's because I love my kids.
Speaker 1: Though, well, what are you saying that you.
Speaker 2: Do love your kids? No one's doubting that. But you're saying that parents that are more like free range or lighthouse or whatever don't love their Yeah, the ones in the couch like yeah, yeah, yeah, you guys.
Speaker 1: Go do whatever, And that's passive. That's different.
Speaker 2: Not me, man, I'm in the helicopter. I'm like, where are you going?
Speaker 1: I'll go with you, because I'm definitely a passive parent.
Speaker 2: Like I was full pat. I didn't have a lighthouse. I definitely had didn't have a helicopter. I was able to My point is I was able to go out and screw up a lot and learn from those screw ups very young. But I had all that knowledge young, and I was able to build off of that young. So therefore I was ahead. You're one of the lucky ones.
Speaker 1: No, I was.
Speaker 2: No, I would not say that was lucky. Like I didn't have any I didn't have any.
Speaker 1: But I think given that you had, like there was an absent part of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My point is not everybody who just is allowed to run free, runs into a wall, right, Edie's acting like some of them do though some okay, some do, but some don't. And also some do and then end up coming back and building their own wall.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think what we've learned as parenting has is a lot of different a lot of nuance involvement. That's right. Ay, where would you put yourself with? Are you I don't think you're a helicopter.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think I'm a helicopter.
Speaker 2: Are you a lighthouse? I?
Speaker 1: I man, that's a goal. I think that there are times that I do a little too much and I need to back off helicopter to let no, I think I just do things and I'm like, shoot, they could I need to back off and let them figure this out because it'll serve them better. And then sometimes I do get passive because I don't want the confrontation and I don't want to have to deal with it. And then I'm by myself like this is taking the easy way out because now they're not gonna learn from this. And I don't want to be passive just so that they love me, because I think it's an adoptive mom especially adopting older kids, you don't have that attachment that other relationships build. And so sometimes I'm like, oh, I really don't want to have to deal with this. I'd rather just ignore it because they're gonna hate me. But you got to go in because I don't want to be passive.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a lighthouse to me. From all that, I give her a lighthouse Eddie Lane's fleet of Choppers. Oh yeah, swat team, all right, Bobby Bone show.
Speaker 4: Today. This story comes those from Summit County, Colorado. A woman was driving on I seventy when all of a sudden, she looks in a rear view mirror and sees eight cars just following her, tailgating her. So she calls nine one one, what's your emergency? Yeah, there's eight cars. They're chasing me. They're following me all over the city. Can you please send help, send the police.
Speaker 2: I call it. I called the cars eight people were chasing me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, police show up. She's only car on the road. What were those other eight? They pull her over.
Speaker 4: They're like, ma'am, there are no cars. She's like, are you sure there's not eight cars behind me? And they're like, yeah, man, what is that white stuff on your note.
Speaker 2: She's eating powdered donuts. That'll make us eight cars. Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: Not powdered donuts. Yeah, okay, I'm lunchbox. That's your bonehead story of the day.
Speaker 2: I mean I saw an instagram your daughter at homecoming.
Speaker 1: She did go. Yeah, it went okay. Her date sort of stood her up. So that was a little wait.
Speaker 2: As a date, well, you.
Speaker 1: Know, he did the whole thing. He asked her poster board and all, and so that was the thing. And we met at this one person's house for pictures and then they were all going to eat and everybody was at this house. Everyone showed up and then she was like, oh, he said, he's not coming for pictures or dinner, and then he'll be at the dance. So she just texted him and said it's okay, you don't need to beat my date at the dance.
Speaker 2: What happened, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 2: He said he show up to the dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was there, but they she just said, hi, I don't He said that it's boys.
Speaker 2: Get the truck.
Speaker 1: He said, it's called I mean, they weren't they were just going as friends. Anyways, It wasn't.
Speaker 2: That's even worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't really know. She handled it well though, I was proud of her, being like, oh, okay, well if you can't you know, this has been planned for a while, so if you're not going to show up with our friend group for pictures and dinner and she's the one that made the reservations, and I don't know. It just was one of those things where I was like, this is weird. She's like, she goes, I should have never said yes. I knew I should have never said.
Speaker 2: Yes because he asked her right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like she has a whole picture of him with this poster.
Speaker 2: War side, and then he didn't show up.
Speaker 1: He didn't show up. Yeah, to the pictures of the dinner, and she looked so beautiful.
Speaker 2: I saw the picture and I feels so bad.
Speaker 1: Well, I think she was okay with it because she doesn't like him like that, but I think it still was what do you do you? I know she doesn't like him like that. I know she doesn't. I think she just the idea of.
Speaker 2: I don't like you like that. So then he got his feelings hurt and didn't know.
Speaker 1: Because I think it was evident that it was part of their friend group thing and they have I don't honestly, he told her, I think it's complicated, and she was like, okay, so she just she said the dance, you.
Speaker 2: Did not have a good time, and homecoming sucks anyway, that's what I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I said it's I don't even remember home coming from my high school days. I said, So this seems maybe like a big deal right now, but it's trust me, it's not going to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what was up with this kid. I'm just thankful that it wasn't the crush that this is going to devastate her more.
Speaker 2: I don't want to beat up like a sixteen year old right now, right but I feel like we should. I know. Oh you feel that way too. Oh yeah, okay, Yeah. She's like great, thanks, we're done, have a great day. We'll see you tomorrow. By everybody. Bobby Bone. The Bobby Bone Show theme song, written, produced and sang by read Yarberry. You can find his instagram. I'm at reed Yarberry, Scuba Steve executive producer, Raymondo, head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast