Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines. This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 3: Gross welcome Thursday to hang out with the Boys. You're looking live at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Fort Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it is sixty nine degrees, builds like sixty nine. The high today is eighty three. The load tonight is depending on what you look. If you look on Nate's phone at sixty three, if you look on my phone, it's sixty nine.
Speaker 1: You got that? You got that iPhone eight phone?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You need an update, brod nasty four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's the weather? Sixty nine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not the phone? Listen, what's the weather? Five ft nine? That was the way one hundred.
Speaker 6: And one hundred and ten pounds, No, about one six sixty nine, well sixty nine, sixty nine, sixty one.
Speaker 5: Oh number number going to give you.
Speaker 7: I wish I could hold it this, hold on, hold on, Wow, it's just say you don't need the same hands.
Speaker 5: There's no way you were the same.
Speaker 8: That's ship he's in this, curt Ob Jesse together, we make hanging with the boys the sports talk equivalent of broil people.
Speaker 1: When I'm on Brandon Cook, I want to feel you. How are y'all doing? Second?
Speaker 8: Get you by wingstop? I order he show the segment, the show. Everything we're doing here brought to you by wingstop or flavor against his.
Speaker 1: I want to feel you.
Speaker 5: That's weird statement. That is a very real statement. Weird statement.
Speaker 1: Y'all are not gonna knock me off target today?
Speaker 5: Brandon Cook, the size fifteen's you want to we have?
Speaker 1: This is going to tie six week right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Week six?
Speaker 1: Every week I listen.
Speaker 7: To the shows. I got that from listening to I don't just know this in every show, but I do.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 7: Every game, every game, every every game, somebody has picked Brandon.
Speaker 1: Cook to go off, Brandon Cook's game.
Speaker 5: We haven't said that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that is not to say, you know what, y'all, what if?
Speaker 5: What if what if we stop picking?
Speaker 1: Stop may go off?
Speaker 10: Trey Aikman said on His Little Hit Today on the radio that he thinks Cooks is the best route runner on the team.
Speaker 9: He is, so why didn't even getting the ball?
Speaker 5: We have so many questions.
Speaker 3: So someone someone asked me that today that you feel that.
Speaker 5: I feel like.
Speaker 1: They asked me. Yeah, they asked, you.
Speaker 5: Know, cooking that back.
Speaker 8: Cooks game in that back what was going on.
Speaker 5: With the receivers? And I said, we talked about.
Speaker 3: It on the show, and it's like, are they not getting separation or they like it's a little bit of everything right, Like I ain't.
Speaker 1: Never know Jesse to be politically correct.
Speaker 7: I mean when he went with a limit and everything, I'm like, really, Jess can't be more directed?
Speaker 8: I tweeted out this morning like the more I watched film and more I did really realize with these receivers, boy, what is it Jess? They are they are bad at like line of scrimmage. They're not They're not when he got the line of scrimmage, and they're not winning at the top of the route.
Speaker 5: So it's a lot maybe a lot.
Speaker 8: Of and when you look at it, like here's what I do know about the receiver position. Now people can say whatever they want. They can say I'm only six catches in. I can say I only had one play, but just remember, if you parted your lips at any point in time in my career, cheer for me, You're not better than me.
Speaker 5: All I'm saying right now, I got that off my chest. Now I got that off my chest. We can move. I'm just gonna let you know.
Speaker 8: I'm just gonna let you At one point in time in my life, I was considered one of the best players in the entire world.
Speaker 5: Didn't last long, but we're going to race.
Speaker 8: By the way, there was a moment in time before the end of the season. There was a moment in time where I was okay. And if you can.
Speaker 5: Never say that about your history of your career.
Speaker 11: No I can't, Kurt, can you?
Speaker 8: So I say all that to say the when you go no, no, no. When you you're playing wide receiver, I don't care what scheme you're in. I don't care what offense you are in. I don't care what quarterback you have. If they are playing man to man, if they are playing one on one, I don't care what the route is win. There is there is nothing that like man. And there's been games where this team has been getting the Niners played more man against the Cowboys last week. I'm not bringing up but I'm bringing up the Niners game. They played more man last week than they had played the entire season. A large majority of what they played was man man.
Speaker 3: Did they see something that made them say we can cover you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: First of all, they got they got up in you, they got up in points, and then they said, we're gonna just keep challenging y'all until somebody can beat us.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they sluly couldn't get separated.
Speaker 8: They couldn't get separation. They said this, so until you get separation, I told you. They played the percentages. They said, okay, hey, you get the one, you get the one to Turpin. That's fine, we get the other interceptions we'll give We'll give you that one, but we'll get the rest of them. And the Cowboys routinely, the Cowboys pass catchers routinely could not create separation at the line of scrimmage, could not separate create separation at the.
Speaker 5: Top of the routes.
Speaker 8: So if that's the case, this is this is where the finger gets pointed at everybody because you're saying, well, why Dak isn't good? Well, I can tell you from a from a quarterback receiver relationship. He much rather throw the guys that are open. Makes him feel a lot more comfortable to throw the guys who are open, And the more open you get, the more comfortably he is throwing the ball to you.
Speaker 5: And vice versa.
Speaker 10: Is that something that can fix or is that just a that's a physical talent thing, and it is what it is.
Speaker 5: I look at guys like I don't.
Speaker 8: Michael Gallup has never been even in his healthy days, he has never been a guy who was a route runner. Has never been a guy who has been able to you know, we talked about Michael Gallup his strimps being the tough fifty to fifty catches. Well you know why it's always a tough fifty to fifty catches doesn't get he doesn't create separations. Now, he's good at going up and making the tough catches, but it's because he doesn't create the separation. My biggest disappointment that's been CD. I've raved about CD. Come out of training camp, thought this was the year he was gonna be talked about, and it's still a long season left that he was gonna be talked about. A monkst the thirty million dollar duds he talked about the other day. And it's been a disappointment in the fact that he isn't running routes as good as he's running routes before. He isn't getting off the line of scrimmage. He had to play last week one that where he ran a slant where he comes off he has this hot that has come off the line of scrimmage. With that, I just absolutely makes me want to throw up it, does you know?
Speaker 1: And this even with a tackle.
Speaker 7: Guard, you never want your feet, especially both from the b out of the ground because where are you going exactly?
Speaker 8: And so he gets up on the dB and the dB at no point in time did the dB ever feel threaten that he.
Speaker 5: Was going to run by him. So you look at it.
Speaker 8: You get to a point when you pause it CD is parallel like two feet like this, and the dB looking at him like this. So when you break, he break. And then you wonder why it's a contest to catch. You wonder why it's tipped and knocked up in the air and accept it. So it's like you're doing things now as a receiver that doesn't give you the opportunity to be successful. You don't challenge the dbs, you don't make them feel threatened, you don't make them feel like you're doing something other than what you're actually doing. Then you couple that into the predictability at sometimes, like you heard Fred Warna say, we know when they get these from Ratis, they'd like to do crosses and slants. So already in my mind, I'm thinking hiccumes the shallow cross or hiccarmes the slant. I'm gonna sit on those and react to everything else. So when you do exactly what excuse me, what I think that you're gonna do, I'm on top of it. And when you give me nothing else, when you threaten me, nowhere else. Michael Gallup, same thing. He runs up right into the guy and now you're trying to get back across his face. Well, he's already beat you to the spot. This is the problem that you're seeing with these, with the lack of separation. Now, how can we help that? The Cavante Turpin situation. And I'm getting I know, I'm getting into the crust of things. But what happened you motion commodity turping, You motion him across the formation. What happens now the guy who is following him now has to play off or pass it over. Now, I've created a separation naturally off of the motion, because anytime a guy goes in motion, you're always gonna play a step behind him.
Speaker 5: Right, very often do you get a chance to.
Speaker 8: Him go in motion and then you able to get back on top of him to set to set set the defense, you're always gonna play a step behind him. And because you're coming behind the offensive lineman, the offensive linemen are almost a yard off of the defensive lineman and almost a yard off the ball their body with bent over as another yard, So you're starting two or three yards already. I already created two or three yards of separation already just from my motion and you having to go behind a defensive lineman and sift through the linebackers and all that I've created, I've created the separations that I'm looking for. We don't do that often enough to give us an advantage in that space. So that's where the fig gets pointed towards the OC and saying, if you're looking at the stats, like you said you did Freeze, Mike, you talked about this team being a team that's diving into the analytics. You hired a guy, you just hired a guy this offseason. Forget the guy's an aim, but he came over as this renowned analytics dude.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So if you have a dot in house that's giving you the I'm assuming that there's an analytics sheet that he's given to you each week about what works, what doesn't work. And yet you still you go into these games and saying, well, my receivers are getting two point three yards separation two point seven yards. You know if that's what's happening and they're showing you that, well, now I have to do as a coach, is how can I free these guys up if they're struggling to free themselves up. That's where you have to get creative in your sets, your motions, your bunches, however you want to do it again, I've said this one hundred million times. Steal, not s t e e l E steel like Terrence Steele. No, I'm talking about like kleptomaniac, like be a thief. I'm talking about s T e A L that's t e a A Yes, steal, I'm talking about that type of steel turn on the film. It is littered across the National Football League of ways you can set your offense up and still be within the scheme that you want to run it. It doesn't have to take you away from what you want to run, just you now have to be able to get outside of yourself, humble yourself a little bit and say, you know what, my office needs a little bit of rousal dazzle. It needs a little bit of sasson.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: One thing I've noticed in my my tenure around the league, I don't know if I've ever seen a coach do what you what you just said, admit that there's a problem and change things midstream.
Speaker 1: Did it this week?
Speaker 8: You know they say when they admitted that there's a problem, what we need to execute better? That's cold war for We got a problem, it ain't working. We just got to execute better.
Speaker 5: Execute what Like's that? That's the cold war for.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I guess what I'm saying is and it's because I've been around here maybe and not looked around the league, but it seems like we've had this conversation where everybody knew what was wrong and everybody was talking about it, and no changes were being made, and it was almost like, because you're talking about it so much, I'm gonna make it a point to keep doing what I'm doing because then it proves you right.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, I don't think that's gonna go this week.
Speaker 7: I think you're gonna mix it up. I think we're gonna see a touch of what was old. What what works for Dad, what works for see. I think we'll see a touch of it. I think he'll still keep his base offense, but I think a touch. The only thing went wrong with this team. It's only one thing that went wrong with.
Speaker 9: This team they faced then.
Speaker 7: You know what, at least one thing about our one thing about our show.
Speaker 1: Unlike other shows, we know the reality of it.
Speaker 7: They faced the forty nine ers and that one word that has been hunting them, what three years ago when you know when we first started physicsical that's the only thing. If our offensive line played better, we were not discussing this.
Speaker 1: I'm just being straight up.
Speaker 7: If our offensive line would have played better, we wouldn't be you.
Speaker 3: Know, you know what we'd be talking about forty to twenty four, me standing.
Speaker 11: On the table going you know, that was a good game.
Speaker 3: I'll take that Marral victory and you got they lost the game.
Speaker 1: That's what we are.
Speaker 7: But I'm telling you, fellas, every time the Cowboys lose, one thing is prevalent.
Speaker 1: That's that's the other team's offensive line.
Speaker 7: Every time we have lost the game that four or five we lost last year, to four or five we lost the year before, the other team's offensive line is just came in and mauled us, you know, brought us and said was the outside run?
Speaker 1: Ill said it was still the inside.
Speaker 7: We'll all but at the bottom line, is the other team's offensive line set the temple of the game.
Speaker 1: If our offensive line.
Speaker 7: Would have had would have set the temple of this game, it would We're you know, I'm not saying we would have won, but this we'll be looking at this in a different way. We'll be looking at this in a different way.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 7: Now, I've given coach Silari all the love you know you can give an office line coach, but I don't think I don't think they met his energy.
Speaker 1: He's a ball of fire.
Speaker 7: He's energetic, he's ready to coach, he's ready to try to solve your problems.
Speaker 1: But he just hard to solve a physical problem. It's hardie of that problem.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 5: All right, let's take our first break when we come back.
Speaker 3: We talked about Micah Parson's thoughts on the shirt.
Speaker 11: Another cowboy spoke up yesterday.
Speaker 5: And he's the real leader of this football team.
Speaker 3: Thoughts about the shirt and more. When we come back on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 14: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Late Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Your hero's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 5: Grab some today.
Speaker 15: Star Sports Tours is the only efficient fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tailgame party in Texas. Tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas with Star Sports Tours. You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 12: Seat Gig has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a dog really care fan and we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they may about everything else easier too. So whether you're right here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, see geek has you covered? Download the Sea Geek after day Seed Geek, You're taking the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 16: How's wing Stop sound crispy, juicy, classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch, and of course spicy casun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 5: Fact to hanging with the board. Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: Each and every day. The second segment is brought to you by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot com. And and I'm gonna give this guy shout out because he just he's wearing me out of my d MS and I just Bobby.
Speaker 11: Carson from Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 4: How you doing that quick?
Speaker 5: Blowing me up? My friend? Bobby? What's up? Brother? What's up? It has to be for four weeks. Bobby's a wild girl. He's a wild dude.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't know him, but he's blowing up the dms for a shoutout.
Speaker 5: Bobby's a crazy dud.
Speaker 11: Killing me for four weeks and I've been blowing them all.
Speaker 5: Finally I was all.
Speaker 3: Right, man, he's like you even gave him the security guard shout out.
Speaker 11: You wouldn't get me.
Speaker 1: Well they let him in.
Speaker 5: They let you in.
Speaker 8: So yeah, yeah, gotta have your badge like me always.
Speaker 11: The Kurt has to come get me now.
Speaker 5: Oh really yeah, yep, talked too much in the show. You know what, actually do you under the bus? I said, everybody have to why would you why would you throw me.
Speaker 3: As you and Isaiah everybody have to check in at the desk and get escorted down now, because I thought maybe it was just a me thing, and he was like yeah. Everybody said what about Jesse and Isaiah? Oh no, I asked specifically about them. They said they're fine. I'm like again, but Jesse, he was here for a cup of coffee. Man, Listen, my cup was larger than yours.
Speaker 1: Came.
Speaker 5: My cup was a little bit larger than course.
Speaker 8: While I was here, I had what did they call it at the place, the Grande.
Speaker 5: Vinde Viente I had. I had a Venti one. You had a shot of expressive.
Speaker 4: You had a ten pounds seven in the quarter of just saying I want to give Jesse a shot because he went talked to the kids yesterday.
Speaker 5: I did. I saw that, thank you, ma'am.
Speaker 8: So I went and talked to the linebacker group love Joy. They had a family night and I wouldn't talk to the Where's that at love Joy? It's up north. It's like in the what is love Joy? Love Joy is like in the Slyna area, right Solna?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So.
Speaker 8: We went to urban crusts and Planeo last night. Yeah, I got a chance to talk to talk to him about I talked to him about two things. I talked to him about awards and rewards, and I talked to him about eliminating the eliminating the places for the people who are.
Speaker 5: Not bought in the hide.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So understanding that deep, Yeah, No, just understanding understanding high schoolers second grade their high schoolers.
Speaker 8: It was it was basically understanding that A quote that the Great Royal Williams, the coach, taught me in college was that everyone will not get an award, but if we all do our part, we will all get the reward. And you have to be willing to do the part to get the reward.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 8: I wasn't never going to be the Bob Coosey Award winner. That was going to be Raymond Felton. That was that Sean May was going to get the awards. But I'm a national champion for life. So I got the reward because I did my part, all right. And that's what you want to be able to do is saying, what is my job, what is my part to help us get the reward? We all ain't getting the awards. You know what I'm saying, but there's a part to play that we can all say. At some point time, I was a state champion, I was a national champion, I was a super Bowl champion, I was a whatever champion.
Speaker 5: That's the reward in it. And then it was that's the team at the team the team aspect of it.
Speaker 8: And then you know, one of the kids asked me, well, how do we get everybody to buy in? And I just basically told him that you have to eliminate the hiding places for those who aren't bought in. Example, if we're all on the team, right we are, we are.
Speaker 5: But let's just say you decided.
Speaker 8: But let's just say that he makes the six am workout, he makes the six a in workout. I make the six an workout. You don't make the six a in workout. But when we're done, you and I go and play call of duty. Well, I just created a space for you to go hide in because you think it's acceptable now because we all worked out and at the end of the day, I didn't. I didn't make you feel bad enough because we would and play called duty afterwards. So you got to eliminate the hiding places for those people who aren't brought into your program.
Speaker 1: So that was it.
Speaker 5: That's a good message, Jesse. Yeah, two good messages. The one had to pay one paid for one.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: I gave the lady of Lady Panthers not in charge him either. I'm giving away a lot of free gems out here.
Speaker 5: Hey, we get free gyms from you. I am.
Speaker 8: This is that's my calling. So I'm the Lord is gonna bless me in return tenfold.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get the reward. I'm gonna get the reward hopefully.
Speaker 11: Whenever the time comes in your numbers called, you get the award too.
Speaker 5: You get the key. Come on the key. Come on, somebody the promised land.
Speaker 8: Come on, somebody preach now on seven year old flag football team. Come I'll come talk to them. I'll come talk to them. I'll give them a riveting speech as well. Let's go go all right, I'll leave and I'll send you the invoice, Chris.
Speaker 3: Someone else that had a good message this week when asked When asked about Kittle wearing the anti anti Dallas T shirt, we all know what that means.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 5: He compared it with Cam Newton.
Speaker 11: This is from Michael Gelkin, a tweet from his page.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: He compared it to Cam Newton's celebrations. The only way to stop it is to keep him out of.
Speaker 1: The end zone.
Speaker 3: We let him get in the end zone and he chose for that to be his celebration.
Speaker 11: What do you think about that?
Speaker 8: Fellus's what the leader is supposed to say, And he's right, you don't like it, stop it, period, You don't stop it.
Speaker 4: Right to.
Speaker 5: Period?
Speaker 8: That is that is the correct answer to that. If we don't like it, we don't let him in the end zone. He doesn't get in the end zone. Can't celebrate that way that. It's as simple, That's all I had to be said.
Speaker 11: Nate, are you falling asleep or with my friends?
Speaker 5: Friends?
Speaker 7: Hello, y'all are so correct, And I'm like just haying nothing to this because wow, wow, I hope the Chargers don't have nothing written on his shirt because we made me so caught up in.
Speaker 1: The shirt here trying to win this football game. I'm scared to so speaking of the Chargers.
Speaker 3: When Kellen Moore was here, we criticized, won't say we the media, a lot of people we criticized. Now that he's on the other side, does he scare you at all? They got weapons?
Speaker 5: We know that?
Speaker 3: Is he the way he's using those weapons this year? Does that scare you a little bit? Orre you glad he's on the other side.
Speaker 8: I you know, it's always hindsights twenty twenty right, It's like I had been pushing for the longest. Let's get Mike McCarthy a chance to call the place I always do you miss, I don't.
Speaker 5: Here's my thing.
Speaker 8: My biggest issue with Kellen Moore was situational football, thank you.
Speaker 5: That was the biggest thing for me.
Speaker 8: Not creativity, but just no, not creativity, It was situational football. It was understanding that hey, now might be the time to put that form of the offense in, not throw the ball, you know, like it was always the situation. It was like, what are we doing situationally to set these other things that we want to do up? That was always my biggest gripe against Kellen Moore was his situational awareness on how he was calling plays and calling offense at times cost us football games, put his football team in bad situations. That was always the beef that I had with him as an offensive play call and it never seemed to get better as he got more experience, it actually started to seem like, oh, you get more yolo and yolo every year you get into this thing. You would think that some maturity it would set in, some understanding would set in. But the more tenure he began to have, the more yolo he would get in situational football opportunities. That that was my only gripe against Kell Moore.
Speaker 10: Well, just situational. Now it's carthyus. Seems like it's all about situational or we're losing some of that creativity and come from one end to the other and need no more more balance balance.
Speaker 8: I think we're going from one extreme to the other and now we have to find a sweet spot.
Speaker 3: All right, Nate, we're going against it a would you put him Herbert? Great quarterback?
Speaker 4: Really solid?
Speaker 7: That was gonna be I thought, when we was gonna break down their yeah offense, all I was going to talk about him.
Speaker 5: We'll talk because it's that time. Seven touchdowns, one interception. How do you stop him?
Speaker 1: This dude, the six six, two hundred and thirty six pounds.
Speaker 3: Beautiful hair, beautiful flowing locks.
Speaker 1: He can throw that rock. He can he can throw that rock.
Speaker 7: I don't know if because I don't know if it was him is off as a coordinator the way they.
Speaker 1: Scheme are both. But this kid here, just like this roster, has.
Speaker 7: Not come nowhere near what their potential says they are. They they got two nice running backs, they got nice wide receivers.
Speaker 1: They got a big tight end and effort.
Speaker 7: They have an offense that can challenge our defense. They got a nice left tackle. They they if they play up to where they can what their pretential, what jes you'll do a better You do a better job. Because Herbert is it now? Can they keep him standing up? Can we get a lead, because that's the only way. Nine points is what we need. We need nine point lead. Anything less were in trouble.
Speaker 1: We can't handle person. We're in trouble.
Speaker 7: Okay, just may see it different, but I'm saying we can get a nine point lead.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have us Herbert running.
Speaker 7: But if they even are leading us, this kid can have a super day.
Speaker 8: When you see your juicy mounted over there to day, yeah, man, think about this kid.
Speaker 7: God, you mouted like this is almost had your moment?
Speaker 1: Whoa yesterday?
Speaker 5: The uh when you got by the trailer park?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, don't about I thought this morning you know what I got?
Speaker 3: Oh oh, oh, I thought you had.
Speaker 5: I'm like you had it last night, Jesse. I hope you spreading around, spreading that around. Don't trust me, gud, I don't want to.
Speaker 7: But anyway, Herbert, lock this dude up as quick as you can lock him up.
Speaker 1: I believe one thing about him.
Speaker 3: If you if you haven't seen him in person. Physically, he's a big dude, six like he's when.
Speaker 1: He's a real six six, yes, real six.
Speaker 3: When you think like a prototypical throwing quarterback. He's tall, he's rangy, he's linked. You know, he's got linked on his arms.
Speaker 8: When you hear the term, it's a scouting term. You hit a lot, he says. The ball jumps off his hands like comes out quick, pops. When it leaves his hands, it leaves.
Speaker 5: With the level of as a receiver. Do you like yes?
Speaker 11: Do you like someone like a Brett far that throws the ball?
Speaker 1: No slings it?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, But.
Speaker 11: You like somebody that has You want the ball to get there.
Speaker 5: I want the ball to get there.
Speaker 8: You don't want to break your fingers like Brett throws. The Brett would throw one hundred of mile an hour slant. Nobody wants that. No receiver wants one hundred dollars slant.
Speaker 1: We wanted to get there, but not like that.
Speaker 8: No, Now throw me, Throw me when I'm when I'm when I'm when I'm settling in that cover too, and I'm that whole shot fired in there when I'm coming across in that on that bangate getting fired in there the slant, fool, buddy, like I'm literally five yards away from you.
Speaker 1: Don't throw it.
Speaker 8: Don't throw it with that much velocity. There are certain throws that you know that have to come.
Speaker 5: With the level of pop. Who threw the best ball that you that you? Carson Palmer?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah? What was it that he was?
Speaker 17: He was?
Speaker 5: I believe Carson was. Is he lefty? I think Carson was lefty.
Speaker 8: He's righty, But he Carson had that where he it was it had to touch. He had a level of touch to it. And he would like he would throw the ball and you can kind of see it. It would sale to you. It was like you had it was catching itself. It was almost if you didn't catch it, it was it was bad because he would put it right there, like Carson had the best, the best delivery.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, yeah, the worst.
Speaker 8: The worst, Yeah, Steve McGee really steve fourth rounder out of a and M Steve McGee with Steve McGee was Brett Favre. He just throw it as hard as he possibly could. You like, brother, I am standing four yards away from it.
Speaker 5: Ain't even sixty feet six inches like you.
Speaker 8: I am four yards away while are you throwing the ball with all your might at my head like Steve McGee was. I'm sorry, I'm taking shots that. Steve McGee's probably somewhere. This is total shot. See McGee would, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was a total shot.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, Steve. If you're watching you, I doubt he's maybe. You never know what he's doing these days.
Speaker 3: That's that's one of the that's one of the is that the second third quarterback that they've drafted.
Speaker 5: Who would be the other two?
Speaker 3: Dakh And then is there another one since him?
Speaker 5: Did they draft Rudy Carpent or was he undrafted free agent?
Speaker 1: Quincy Carter was a draft.
Speaker 11: Pick yep, But that was before Steven McGee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Steve, Steve came and you know how a few.
Speaker 3: Quarterbacks they draft around here? Okay, well he looks that up Herbert, justin Herbert, how you stopping?
Speaker 5: You gotta get pressure on him. You had you got to get pressure what you did last week?
Speaker 3: No, I still think if you would have got pressure early and off and on Rock Party.
Speaker 8: You know you would have had a shot. You got to get pressure on on Herbert. When when you go back and you watch games like against the Raiders where Max Crosby was creating and wrecking havoc in the in the backfield, and and we do we have a Max Crosby player. Yes, Here's now here's where the conundrum comes into play. With the injuries that we have at the linebacker position. Leave it, how much is might going to be rushing?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 8: And and and let me say this for the defensive side of things, if Mike is playing primarily primarily linebacker, between what they want to do with Austin Eckler and Micah not being a rush in anymore, and him now having to understand and play in a different type of space, it might look a little different because because it's different when you have to play in a in a box of reading the guys in front of me and then reacting opposed to just being online of scrimmage and using your.
Speaker 5: Speed to go forward.
Speaker 8: So he has to now, like before Michael comes down here, to be kind of an almost a all right, what am I actually seeing? And then maybe moving loutterly a step or two and then coming downhill to opposed to just coming downhill from the defensive ends a little bit of hesitation. There is there's a read, there's a read. There's that read. You see lineman, do that kind of that read? Hop that that hot?
Speaker 5: Okay? Am I seeing what I'm seeing? And then I attack it? But what all?
Speaker 8: But to answer your question, the I think the only way that you really get him to revert back to that bad justin Herbert, you gotta get pressure on him. You gotta get pressure on him because this is and the thing about getting pressure on him is he's six foot five, six foot, he's he's he's as big as the guys who are trying to get pressure on him. It's two hundred and forty pounds fifty pound guys. And he's a tough dude to bring down. Like you watched games where you look like he's got like he's in the grasp of people and he bounces out, spins out and he has the arm where you you've heard, you've heard the turn where it can make every throw. He can make every throw from any angle at any point in time in the field. So if you don't get him when you're supposed to get him, and now he has a guy down the field, even though he's rolling out to.
Speaker 5: His rights, fight back.
Speaker 8: He has the arm fifth in the power to deliver the ball down the football field for completion. But to pressure him, I should say, pressure him and to get him with the pressure that you send must be a thing that's high on the docket list for the Cowboys defensively.
Speaker 3: And there's a really big guy that's out there on the left side that's going to try to prevent them from doing that.
Speaker 5: And we will let our.
Speaker 3: Really big guy to my left side talk about him and other things.
Speaker 10: Draft question. Yeah, Mike quite in twenty eighteen, fifth rounder, and in twenty twenty the great Ben de Nucci.
Speaker 3: Oh why should we forget Mike White and Ben to Nucci? Yes, But before that it was Dak and is Dack, Stephen and Steven what you're with Stephen?
Speaker 10: He was two thousand and nine, And then before that I was like Chris say, Quincy car.
Speaker 1: So two thousand and nine.
Speaker 3: Until present day, there have been three quarterbacks drafted by the Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 9: The highest in the fourth round. Dak.
Speaker 3: Wow, all right, good good, good stuff, Kurt, Thanks for looking that up.
Speaker 11: We'll be right back for the last segment of Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the Prescott who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slaft. He'll look for a punch down.
Speaker 4: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 14: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 4: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: How's wing stop sound?
Speaker 16: Christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sausted tossed in those eleven souls set. It's fine flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop Ranch and of course spicy casun fried course.
Speaker 5: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 16: Get your flavord delivered at Windstop dot com.
Speaker 12: Seet geek has your bag. No matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat geek has you covered. Download the seat Geek afterday seed Geek. You're a ticket They're great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 17: James right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Moore. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice up the game that means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 1: Enter today, back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the last segment of Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 1: What'sday Thursday?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Thursday?
Speaker 5: Guess what tomorrow is? Friday, the thirteen in October. I'm definitely sliding through the TPS tomorrow, are you?
Speaker 1: Oh? TPS?
Speaker 3: Last segments brought to each and every day by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Jigsaw, when you got the tps? What's tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Tomorrow? Is the Big Guy's birthday?
Speaker 13: Is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? You know whose birthday it is today? Who's the big guy?
Speaker 11: Mister Jones? How old will mister Jones be tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Eighty four? I don't know, you got to be eighty something?
Speaker 11: Eighty two?
Speaker 3: You know whose birthday it is today?
Speaker 5: Leon let oh, big cat, Big Cat?
Speaker 13: Hey, we did make some in the last hour's Let's list, Yeah, Heyton Hender shot tenders reserve Sean mckewn Kewen signed from the practice squad, signed with Shaw Evans a linebacker to the practice squad, and Sean Wright is designated for return from.
Speaker 8: And Cavante Tupett may be making the return like this may not this, Yeah, he may be. He may have got the uh, the Wolverine antiminium.
Speaker 5: Wow, the self healing. Yeah, he went to but Lve's on ir. They moved yesterday.
Speaker 1: Is that right, Kurt? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I believe so. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And before we get back into football, the cowboy world lost a cowboy legend yesterday.
Speaker 9: Haven't officially moved anyway?
Speaker 5: Sorry, Yes, I was about to say he haven't officially died. Hold on, no, Kurt, you want to take us down memory lane a little bit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Walk Garrison, the Great Walk Garrison passed away overnight. I believe, true cowboy if there was one. He competed in the Rodeo Steer Wrestling original signing bonus. He had a horse trader. Uh, it's part of the deal, but kind of underrated. He's still fourth all time in team history for yards per Carrey and ninth and career rushing.
Speaker 11: So didn't I hear a story about him?
Speaker 5: Was that him?
Speaker 3: Or was it Bob Lily that part of their signing bonus was he wanted a horse trade.
Speaker 9: That was him, Thanks for listening.
Speaker 5: That's literally what he just said. Oh sorry, Jesus.
Speaker 3: Literally, whenever I'm on the show and the Boss, the Boss sends me a text from upstairs on this show, I immediately read it because I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 5: So that's what I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: So I to that a good it's a he was just letting us know that Jerry shares a birthday with brother Will upstairs.
Speaker 4: Will.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, sorry about that, Kurt, So that's fine, Garrison, listen how boss?
Speaker 9: So yeah, sorry.
Speaker 10: He'd been in declining health for quite a while, so not unexpected, but still thoughts to the family.
Speaker 3: All right, Nate, So there's a big, big guy in uh l A one of the best, one of the better guys, better left left side of the line guys, and Rashaan Slater.
Speaker 7: Probably about fourth and fifth to the guy we just played he second Thursday. Because uh, I'm gonna tell you the same thing I've told you last week. Please don't go over there and put Humber the eleven on top of this kid.
Speaker 1: Move him moving, yeah, move him around. Don't don't. Don't put him on top of this kid. He kid can blog.
Speaker 7: The kid is real. Don't waste to rep on this dude man. You know, put you a good run, run, defend on top of him. Uh, and we'll rush to pass when we rush the pass. But put you a good run, defend on him, and and do your thing. He's a rab, he's a rap. Find what is his second or third year?
Speaker 1: This dude third? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: His biggest attribute I think for him is his athleticism. You look at.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he he is.
Speaker 8: He is athletic, and so where he lacks at times in and blocking or not bringing proper technique, he makes up for it with his athleticism. Because you think you beat him initially and then it's good feet and athleticism gets him back into play and he makes you ride the humpy nomore.
Speaker 5: He pushes you through. He's able to recover.
Speaker 8: And get something on you that allows a quarterback to get the ball off. But you know, offensively, when you look at this this chargers offense. Of course, if you want to watch what it looks like to get off the ball, like get off the ball and have good line of scrimmage releases fixate your eyes on number thirteen Keenan Island.
Speaker 11: This week, I was gonna ask about the receivers.
Speaker 5: They're really Keenan and it's big too, right.
Speaker 8: Keenan is the smallest of the group, probably the least physical of the group, but hands down.
Speaker 5: He is the most technically sound.
Speaker 1: Of the group.
Speaker 11: He's the smallest of the group and he's six two.
Speaker 8: And Keenan doesn't have great speed. Where Keenan makes his money at is where most receivers, the good ones make their money at. He kills you at at the beginning of the route, the line of scrimmage, and he works you at the top of the route. And he has these subtle movements in between. Everything looks the same but not the same. He makes you believe that you're gonna do something else and it blue. He's out of it. He's a good he's a good, really good catcher. Like he he wherever the oprah, wherever the ball is at, he's he's gonna catch the football. But he's one of the guys that I like to watch when it comes to releasing. He can release with the best of them. So Gilly and and Deron Bland and.
Speaker 11: Whoever else say release, What exactly is that?
Speaker 1: Like, what is a release?
Speaker 8: Is it just getting off, getting and getting away getting getting a competitive advantage from the guy that's defending me from the line of scrimate.
Speaker 5: So separate that first moment of separation. It doesn't have to be the separate.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I want to lose him, but I want to be able to get by him and stack him in such a way that I now control what happens in this route. Sometimes you'll have guys that get pushed to the sideline. Now you can't get back across his face, or he jams you up, throws the timing off between you and the quarterback, you know, in the route progression.
Speaker 5: That's what happened with some of the Cowboys routes.
Speaker 8: You wonder why they can't get the ball because when it come to the wression, you're still fool around with this corner back and the ball post to be out.
Speaker 5: That's a whole other story for a whole another day. But Keithan Allen wins the line of scrimmage, winning and then controlling them and they.
Speaker 8: Controlling the route, and then now he's able to dictate how this thing is going to be broken down and When you.
Speaker 5: Do that, you stay you stay ahead of.
Speaker 8: The timing of it all. You stay at you stay on I just say you should stay you stay on pace with the timing of how things want to break down.
Speaker 5: And then and like corn and who horn does not break down at all.
Speaker 8: And then I think one of the things that's going to be key. And this this ties into how the Cowboys Kurt you just mentioned the Cowboys shot and Rashaan Slater.
Speaker 5: Uh now, sorry, excuse.
Speaker 8: Me, Rashaun evansra Shaan Slater belonged to the Chargers.
Speaker 5: Rashaan Evans.
Speaker 8: I don't know how he's going to play into what they're going to do this weekend.
Speaker 5: And what happens when you have.
Speaker 8: A line of a string of injuries is you now have to start moving guys all over the place. And the one thing that I've said, you gotta smirk on your face. And one thing that well is gonna worry me is Austin Eckler is one of these running backs that can do everything. He can run in between the tackles, can run outside of the tackles. They don't throw a lot of screens. But I told you guys, we're probably the only team that doesn't steal from other teams. They're probably gonna watch the game last week and go this work. We might throw a couple of screens guys. And Austin Eckler is a guy who has really good vision, really good contact balance.
Speaker 5: His biggest knock is he's always been hurt.
Speaker 8: But he's strong, He's compact, he has good hands, had good vision, can get in and out the holes, bounce from a whole, get back, set his blocks up. That's gonna be the one that worries me because now I'm looking at stop.
Speaker 5: Let me get this finish it.
Speaker 8: I'll but Austin, you can never be serious.
Speaker 5: That's Friday. We'll get freaking on the tts on Friday.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, mighty, I know. But Austin Eckler, what he's what? What the what the the musical chairs? That's gonna happen? On defense? Where's Michael gonna play? How are they gonna do use demon Clark? Are they gonna put more safeties in the box? Like how, I don't know how that's gonna play out right? How you will deploy Sam Williams or Tank Lawrence. However that's going to work itself out in the Grand scheme of what Dan Quinn wants to do. That's going to play a major factor on how Austin Eckler is effective, because I just think if you have to play Michael Parkers that linebacker, I just think he's so used to being just a rush in. Being a step slow or step off from a guy like Austin Eckler could leave you in a situation where you're now chasing this guy and that could be a bad thing for the cow because if they get the running game going and now you're using play action, and you know, Keller Moore is gonna be a guy who takes I think, correct me if I'm wrong. I think Justin Herbert has the is like number one with a plus forty yard plays down the football field. So that comes off the play action pass for what they want to do, as you know with Keller Moore, So stop the run first. I don't know how they're gonna do it. If you can do that, you're making one making one dimensional. You give yourself a better situation.
Speaker 18: Tomorrow phone calls eight eight eight, eight, five, five two two nine seven Friday the thirteenth, Jesse's trolling trailer parks tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Me and Jerry, Me and Jerry.
Speaker 1: You know you're gonna be in and out of breaks.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying now, I'm final holding getting out.
Speaker 3: Of all right, Kurt, good scene, Me, Bro Bro Will and Jerry.
Speaker 11: Chris might want to cut on mics off because Nate's about to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Probably shouldn't go out over the airs, Jasmin, thanks for keeping Chris company.
Speaker 5: Was up tomorrow Hanging with the ball.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.