Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Breaking Points, but this time it is being filmed in the flagrant To studio here with the entire crew. Thank you guys so much for actually letting me use your studio if we recorded just a great episode, and it's really good to be with all of you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely all right. So we wanted.
Speaker 3: I wanted to do this, both Crystal and I have been wanting to talk to you guys for a while. Kind of a reflection of a podcast Bro and the election Andrew you specifically, I have come under a lot of fire recently.
Speaker 2: Is the podcast Bro the guy who like.
Speaker 3: Led the way for Trump but now is apparently having some regrets, you know, no support he.
Speaker 2: Was like gonna lose, okay, but well let's put it this way.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say it swung the election, but I also wouldn't say that it wasn't not unimportant to have Trump on all of these right, And this is just part of like kind of that segment of the audience. And so my question is that, in retrospect, do you wish that you would handle the Trump interview differently?
Speaker 4: No, so going to that a little bit. No, I regret a single thing about it. I don't know why. I don't even know where the question comes from.
Speaker 3: Well, the question comes from an idea that there was a lot of criticism from the quote independent or not non independent media and they were like, well, Trump is going on these podcasts to kind of whitewash his reputation and basically did not face like quote tough journalistic questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just depends what your expectation of journalism is. And I think that, Like, I mean, you gun speak to this a lot. But I was speaking to David Marquesy at The New York Times about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah I read your interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So it's like and you know, there was some moments where he was like asking me some questions and I was like, ah, this is where things feel a little bit gotcha, because he was assuming that I talked to Bernie about one thing that I didn't talk to Trump about, and I'm like, but when did I talk to Bernie about it?
Speaker 1: And he's like, well, I can't exactly say it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, well, that's kind of where it feels gotcha, because you're coming in with a specific intention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: So like and I actually think that he was like really fair and that was a great interview. But like an example of like my least favorite type of journalism, just the most low hanging fruit is like the girl that interviewed Tim Dillon.
Speaker 1: It's not really an interview. It's like indictment.
Speaker 4: It's like I think this thing of you, and I seek to prove that to my audience. I'm not coming here with any curiosity, so like we don't see ourselves as like I can't speak for you guys, but like as journalists so much to say, it's just like people that are having conversations that we're curious with. Now I understand that when you get a lot of people listening, like, yeah, you should, like if you're a responsible person, like think about like what what you owe I guess to the audience and have that discussion. That's fair And don't get me wrong, but like I don't subscribe to this idea that like you have to ask these hard questions that you're not curious about, or people that watch will criticize you.
Speaker 1: It's like you don't have to watch.
Speaker 4: Sure, if you're in front of me, I'm gonna ask you the things that I'm curious about. People, why don't you ask him about FFC and I'm like, oh, so he can give the same fucking answer he's given for the last two decades. It's like he's not gonna immediately sit down with me and then after three questions like you know, we use the fuck them.
Speaker 5: Kids, Like that's not how these things work, so like for me, I think one of the reasons for the rise in podcasting opposed to like normal or traditional media is that you have people asking questions that they're authentically interested in.
Speaker 4: Instead of asking questions that like they think that their boss wants them to ask, or they're worried their base wants to ask. Because now you're not even curious, and the questions you're asking, you're asking them out of fear of retribution from your audience, and now you're captured by your audience instead of your own curiosity.
Speaker 6: And I would also say, yeah, absolutely there are at that point, And the polls there were actually neck and neck, and Trump always overperforms in polls, so I don't know what impact we actually had. But there were two candidates left for president of the United States. I don't want to talk to both of them. I want to talk to both of them. And second of all, there's things we all talked about that we wanted to ask Trump. But I could do the thing that feels really good where I ask I got you a question, and I dunk on you, and then he gets up and he walks off and he says, go fuck yourself. I know I've seen enough interviews with this guy to know I have to relate to him on a human level. And then when he feels safe, maybe he'll answer the question I want to ask, are you gonna run for a third term?
Speaker 7: Are you willing to have tone down the rhetoric.
Speaker 6: I got to ask those questions, but you had to get to the point where he's willing to answer those questions. So I could have done the thing that feels good and dunked on him, but we would have gotten absolutely nowhere.
Speaker 2: That's exact. No, it's important.
Speaker 4: You just have to have the things that you want to ask and ask him. And I had three things I want to ask about. I asked him about those three things, okay, and that was it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I will say, my only wish is that Kamala came on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 9: To me, it seems like a Nixon Humphreys thing, where like you know, they have the laughing moment and Nixon does it and it turns out great, and that it was a strategic blunder from their side.
Speaker 2: To not go on to these non traditional platforms Alex or anything.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the question then is.
Speaker 4: If we have Kamala on, you really can't say anything because we're going to ask kama the same questions.
Speaker 1: We're going to have the same curiosity.
Speaker 7: We're gonna laugh with her, we're gonna make her look like a human.
Speaker 4: Exactly, and the authentic curiosity is going to shine through. And if she bombs the interview, that's on her. If she does great, that's on her, just like with Trump. But we're going to ask the things that we're curious about. And I think that, like the numbers show that if you look anything from Rogan, you look anything to like Alex Cooper.
Speaker 1: It's not just this right wing thing. There's a left wing.
Speaker 4: When people are asking the questions that they're curious about, the interviews are indulged far more when they're doing puff piece things like when Alice Cooper had come on, nobody gives a fuck about it.
Speaker 1: And I think that tells you everything you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't disagree at all. But if we flip it around, if for Trump were to come back today, which we hope you will, right, Like I hope you guys here ask me they put a statement out about you guys, would it be different tonally this time around, now that you've actually had him in office? And would you feel what, like how would you feel as somebody then who had been critical of him walking into that like Tonally, would it be different in terms of the tenor that you might take?
Speaker 2: And asking a follow.
Speaker 4: Up question here, here's the thing, Like, and we said this before, like I'm not in one of your fucking cults, right, I'm not in the right wing called the left wing called I'm a free American And I'll ask what a fucking question I don want to ask? Okay, So, like for me, when somebody's in power, that's not when you relax, especially if it's a person that you voted for. That's where you hold them to their promises. So like Trump comes back on which he is absolutely invited to come back on as the leader of the free world, I want to know what's up with the Epstein shit. Like you campaign hard, your boys camp paid hard, your girls camp paid hard.
Speaker 1: On it.
Speaker 4: I want to know why we're not seeing it, and I want to know why you like, we're so flippant about it, you know, So I want to know that.
Speaker 1: I want to know what's going on.
Speaker 4: With the foreign warst and specifically is is diplomacy harder than you thought? And what are the what are the restrictions to your power when it comes to diplomacy? You know, and like you've been president already, you must know that diplomacy is difficult. Why do you think it would be easier this time around? And what are the hiccups? So like, I want to know these things. But it's not about like a different tenor or anything like that. When you're running for president.
Speaker 1: It's hope. What will you do?
Speaker 4: You're selling me dreams, sure, right, and when you are president, it's delivery, and delivery is way harder than hope, you know what I mean? Like, I mean, I loved Obama. I voted for I'm so excited about about Obama. I know that you're not a big fan, but to me, yes, And it's like he sold us hope so well. Some people will be like he under delivered on that hope hope. Some people would be like he over delivered. It was amazing to see what he got accomplished. You know, if you ask anybody who had pre existing conditions, I think that they're pretty fucking happy Republican or Democrat what he was able to put through.
Speaker 1: So to me, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 4: It's just like, and if you're not willing to like hold the person that you voted for to the standards that they expected, then you're not a real person.
Speaker 1: That cares about like what's happening in America. Yeah, like if you.
Speaker 4: Were one of these people that refused to acknowledge that Biden was sinal for four years. Yeah, and now you're lecturing me about holding Trump accountable. I think that you need to take like a long look in the mirror about what you're willing.
Speaker 1: To do for the people that you voted for.
Speaker 2: That is a very very fair question.
Speaker 6: To add that the questions would be tougher because we are disappointed in what we're seeing. Sure, but the tenor of the question still has to be asked in a way that I feel confident you will answer.
Speaker 7: Okay, if it's hey, man, what the fuck are you doing this bullshit? Ask things sucks? Do you think he's going to answer that question.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with you.
Speaker 3: That's more people who yeah, yeah, well I just I'm what I'm doing is I'm like imbibing.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: There isn't even like independent media, so like the left, independent media that I have been able to interact with. They have a theory that the podcast guys were basically taken for a ride. Like they're looking at it as look, Trump knew that he wasn't going to he wasn't going to get asked anything that he might get on NBC News or anywhere else. He basically wanted to use the audience to convince them that he was a normal dude and get them to vote for him, and that in retrospect politician.
Speaker 2: So I agree, that's I'm just getting to that point.
Speaker 3: So it's like, to the extent that you think that that happened, like it's it's not a complicity question. It's really more about a question of how do you balance that in the art of politics. I think you guys are more forgivable if that makes sense in that critique, because you actually have had on a lot of people.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying speaking generally like.
Speaker 3: To the the theo Vaughn and Joe Rogan and what k Neelk Boys and all of the podcasts, the Busting you Know podcast and all of the busting with the Boys and all that, Like he obviously used that to some political advantage, and now many of those people are upset and they're not necessarily as willing as.
Speaker 2: You to kind of speak out against that or to invite the others.
Speaker 1: Who is upset.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm saying so some of the people who privately have had on these people may be upset at the thing with Trump, right, but they're not as willing right now, you know what, to be able to say it, or they're have to couch their criticisms, maybe less so than you have.
Speaker 2: So like, how do you look at it? Like generally, for me personally, I'm curious.
Speaker 8: I've heard so much things about Trump from the media, Oh this is that, But seeing him in person, in long form, he has less of an opportunity to bullshit us. Like, once you're talking for a good amount of time, you can start to gauge. And I want to really know who he was, and I got a sense he was much sharper than I thought he was, Like he's incredibly he's he's aware of everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's like that.
Speaker 2: It's actually amazing to watch me.
Speaker 8: Anybody who wouldn't want to speak to somebody who's former president and potentially an exersion a serious person.
Speaker 3: Doesn't We're not talking about this isn't a.
Speaker 2: Platform, but they're saying that question. They have used us.
Speaker 3: This is a about being used like to the extent of like for to convince voters and to use people.
Speaker 2: Because look, I'm telling you guys, this did happen.
Speaker 3: Like I had multiple Trump interview requests and they're basically like no, And I heard it off the record.
Speaker 2: It's like, bro, you're gonna ask him to our questions like this. It was literally told to me right now I.
Speaker 3: Think, I mean, there's a reason he's going on the Ovaugh and you know, another place, because they didn't think that that was going to happen. So I mean, like, I'm asking for three things I wanted to ask him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the entire interview was, in my mind, I think, like designed to get him to a place of comfort where he could honestly speak at length of those things.
Speaker 1: I want him to acknowledge. He was going to protect IVF. It's obviously important to me. It's not my wife and I we're be able to conceive and.
Speaker 7: The way we're abortion. We wanted to ask him about that.
Speaker 4: We did, Oh yeah, we asked them about the abortion though there but it was yeah, there was like a little interest that for sure. But for me it was empathy for the illegals, which doesn't seem that he's doing, you know.
Speaker 6: And uh and to his credit, Man Andrews said to Trump, you have had people working in your establishment who were here ellegal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's like and then there was one more.
Speaker 10: No, it was not nicer, but what are you doing here?
Speaker 1: And then there was obviously the end of the four and.
Speaker 7: Worst Al said, your ear looks fine.
Speaker 1: I mean if you listen, we said, we said, just as the revision is history. That's so funny.
Speaker 4: And I think it's very important because I think what happens a lot of time is people are looking to skirt accountability. So anybody that's critical of these interviews would like to put all the success of Trump's campaign on these interviews instead of putting, uh, some accountability on the fact that they ran a dead guy and then a woman that couldn't speak like you need to at at the end of the day, it takes some accountability for not really having and having another offering that was, you know, successful to the majority of people totally. So I think it's easier to just place that blame. So I think there's a little bit of that going on.
Speaker 8: And we called him out for evading the questions, and then he was clever enough to come up with a term that's good.
Speaker 4: But the revision system talking about is if you remember, and there are plenty of articles that will support this. The second that interview came out, the conversation was not look at this puff piece. The conversation was on all left wing media was podcast host laughs in Trump's face about claiming that he is a kind of truthful person.
Speaker 2: Uh, hell, a breaking point. It was good, It was good.
Speaker 1: It was every headline I was watching in real time. The Kamma campaign was clipping interview and they were clipped it. They kipped, they clipped it NonStop.
Speaker 4: So if you actually look at this, the left wing media was using this as.
Speaker 1: Fuel for their fire.
Speaker 11: They weren't going look at this puff be's they asked the nice questions when everybody watched.
Speaker 1: Initially, the left was very happy about it.
Speaker 4: They're like, finally podcast brobe whatever holds them to the fire.
Speaker 1: Finally there's all this stuff.
Speaker 4: So this revisionist history where like after the election results we look back and be like, oh, they just fluffed them. It's like, well, what was it fair? Was it the best interview with Trump, which you guys said the left wing is saying, or was it the reason he got elected?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like, now it's a very fair.
Speaker 1: That's why I feel like this stuff is like disingenuous.
Speaker 8: Well he lost, it would have been oh Trump ruined his election by going.
Speaker 3: And people did say that, right, remember, like oh, Tony Hinchcliff is going to cost Trump went.
Speaker 6: Up also taken for a ride. This is a ride that was open to Kamala. She didn't want to come on, right, So like it was.
Speaker 1: Open for wall she didn't want to come on. It was over for everybody. We literally asked everybody and.
Speaker 3: Then Athle Now a lot of them are coming on, which I think is good and I think it's a great thing. So what I think that's the interesting part. You know, to watch Buda Judge kind of come on here and his clips went massively and.
Speaker 4: I think, what a lot of people are realizing that don't just watch headlines. The people who eventually wouldn't really watch us and had a perception of us, and then they go watch like the full Buddha Judge interview, they watch the full is that like this idea that like we're this like Maga pod is really just kind of like placed on us. In reality, we're four guys who live in New York City, born and raised, I mean Alexander born, raised in New York City, like lifelong Democrats, right, who felt.
Speaker 1: This, Yeah, we've forgiven the.
Speaker 4: But like but like so this idea of us, I think you obviously know us, so it's like not really true. And then I think people were trying to grapple with when they watched the Buddha Judge interview, like what they thought we were and then what.
Speaker 1: We actually are. And that's what happens when you only read and watch headlines.
Speaker 4: Now, what I always say is like we're accountable for that when we put content out on the Internet. You know, it can be cut and sliced in all these different ways, so like that's not their fault, that's that's our I don't want to call fault, but we're accountable That's totally fine, right, that's the game we play, of course, and eventually we hope that enough different voices come on the podcast as we've all endeavored to do, where people get a better sense of a sense of us. But like, you're gonna go through criticism on the way, and if the first time you get criticism, you fold you never really were about in the first place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's switch to immigration, because this is where I find the most interesting divide. So I don't know if it's true, and I didn't ask Joe if it was true, but there was a report about dinner. Joe Rogan had dinner with Trump and he was like, Hey, I want you to go lighten up on mass deportation.
Speaker 2: You have been very open about it. I wish that he wasn't doing this.
Speaker 3: That's the one thing where I'm like, you really didn't know what you were voting for. Like there was a sign that said mass deportation at the RNC right, Like, yeah, it literally said it. He said, I'm going to declare the Alien Enemies Act and I'm going to deport them in me idiately on day one.
Speaker 2: Like it was always open season.
Speaker 3: There was no distinction criminal or not maybe sometimes, but like it was pretty open.
Speaker 2: It's like if you're illegal, you're going home.
Speaker 3: So I mean, look, I understand real politic and like and you know, you have to balance certain things. But that's where I've seen some of the like, come on, guys, like what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Like in your.
Speaker 3: Pushback, like you voted for you quite literally voted for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's reasonable, but I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't bring up immigration when I said these weren't the things I'm voting for, Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 1: That's where yeah, that's where it's just gingenuous.
Speaker 4: Like I was specifically talking about Epstein, foreign wars and the budget. Sure, and then they go, look at all this stuff with immigration, that's how what you're voting for. It's like, I'm not bringing that up. I brought that up, then that would have been the context.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 4: I think the bummer is that, like it's a bipartisan supported issue to get every criminal illegal alien out of here. I think when you start to get the divide is when you have people that have been working for your family for years. You see these hardworking people that are doing these businesses.
Speaker 1: Yes they're here.
Speaker 4: Illegally, yes, they came illegally and they knew if they got caught, they'd be thrown back.
Speaker 1: That is the game.
Speaker 4: I get that, but it pulls at archings when you see like a family being torn apart and we you see them running into a fucking home depot and these guys scattered it Like, as a human being, you have an emotional reaction to that. Okay, So I have a lot of empathy for that, and that's what I spoke to Trump about. I was like, guys, maybe there's a better way. I don't know how you go about doing it. I don't know how Holman does it. But if you least bare minimum just started with anybody who had committed a crime, I think you would get a lot more supports.
Speaker 7: Which is what he told us he would do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I mean, look again, though I want to be fair to them. Alien Enemies Act was out there like they were like, this is what we're doing, like Sect by El Salvador. It was honest.
Speaker 4: Like, no, I don't think that they I don't think they were dishonest, but I also don't I also don't think that like you have to agree with every single policy that the president has. I totally and I don't think that you are accountable for every single one. You could say, you could say, yes, you you supported it, because if you voted for that person, you did a Harper said, But it doesn't mean you agree with it, you know what I mean. Like, I'm sure there's a lot of people that voted for Obama that might not agree with drone striking a wedding. Are they responsible for those deaths? Is that the thing that they voted for? Like, did I kill those people?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't want that to happen, right, So I think there's a lot of things that governments do. I think the people that voted for, you know, different politicians in Flint, Michigan, they don't feel responsible for all those kids were poisoned by the lead pipes, but technically they did vote for those politicians that allowed that to happen. So this is one of those things where it's just like people are hurt, they're angry, and I think that they're trying to like place that blame for that pain and that anger they feel. And I get that that's a human reaction. You're totally allowed to do it. But I'm just gonna explain, like my perspective.
Speaker 6: To your point in two thousand and eight, didn't Obama say he was against a gay marriage?
Speaker 7: So it can vote for Obama's your fault.
Speaker 10: They didn't get it, must be a homophobe if he won more votes, and that's how he was able to become by doing that.
Speaker 2: Uh all right.
Speaker 3: So the final one, which I think is a very interesting question, is around vibes. And so the biggest critique I have seen, and I'll be honest, I even fell victim to some of this was you guys were voting on vibes, not on policy, not you specifically, but this contributed to the vibe based election where you encourage people or could guess got people. Everyone was in a headspace where the vibe was that Kamala and Biden.
Speaker 2: Were awful and that Trump was awesome.
Speaker 3: So to the extent here that there is regret, was any of it quote vibes based in retro?
Speaker 1: If you if you remove vibes, yeah, because I think, uh, vibes is a.
Speaker 3: Little bit it's it's hard, no, no, no excitement.
Speaker 4: It was in the ether, say I would say culture, Yeah, like there's a specific like they.
Speaker 1: Invited me to go to the inauguration and I didn't go to the inauguration.
Speaker 2: Good move in retrospect, it's.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, was like, if I go to the inauguration, I'm indorsing everything about you. Right, I'm going there and celebrating this moment. It's like, no, no, you have some ideas that I would like to see implemented, and the second you don't implement those ideas, I'm on the ass is very and if you do implement them, I'm going to praise you for implementing the ideas that I believe are good. But I think when you start going to the event the events, and you start dancing and that kind of shit, then it makes.
Speaker 1: It very difficult for you to hold that person to the fire.
Speaker 2: Look, which is what we're watching right now.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of podcast guys. You went to the inauguration, and now it's all very tepid.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like, oh, well, yeah, I will.
Speaker 3: You know it's terrible and they have bad advisors, and I'm like, well, you know, it's not just the advisor.
Speaker 1: There's there's a whole to that. Ass was a question you're asking it.
Speaker 2: Was about vibes, Well, it was just a reflection on a vibes bas What.
Speaker 4: I would say is that, like, I think a lot of people were voting on culture, and there might not be policy tied to culture, but for example, like one cultural issue I think was the identity politics stuff. I think that there was like an exhaustion by it and it looked like the culture that Trump was ushering through. It's like, yo, we're not going to be obsessed with the word police and the identity politics and everything is forty different genders and you've got to put the genders that your pronouns on your bike.
Speaker 1: Like that cultural shift.
Speaker 4: I think was very supportively, especially by like the guys in the manisphere. Let's see, and I think that that captured people, and that is not necessarily a policy thing, but you have seen a massive shift, and you see all these politicians start taking their pronouns out of their Twitter bio, right you start.
Speaker 1: To see So I don't know what policy that is, but it does.
Speaker 4: Feel like it's a move in a direction for a culture shift that people want to get on board.
Speaker 8: Yes, I totally piggybacking on the culture I would say, I would call that just excitement because we've seen with Obama the way that he got people excited. We have a low voter turnout in general, but he got people who never voted before excited to vote for the first time. This last election, Trump got people excited to vote. So and then you've seen Mamdani Momdani got people exit side is to vote in a primary.
Speaker 1: We never vote in primaries. Nobody gives a fun about New York City. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He won the most votes in primary history and history with Ranke choice voting.
Speaker 2: But still, I mean, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of That's what I'm saying. It's more about excitement's.
Speaker 6: Not Depending on how you described vibes defined vibes, most elections probably come down to vibe vibes. JFK was fucking vibes, Bill Clinton was. This is the first time Republicans had vibes and y'all can't handle it. But that's because y'all Reagan had vibes. It's the first time in our lifetimes that they had vibes, and y'all, y'all ransom with no vibes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and then just lost everything. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's like they him on that he did get because he was the against the Iraq war that that was used against him.
Speaker 9: But it's quint essentially vibe totally gets everywhere.
Speaker 2: Howard didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 6: I'll say it, but the vibe to March Point and God to her campaign.
Speaker 9: I think we're also trying to run an equal encounter vibe energy where they were like, we are Joels Yo, and we are the Party of Joy and those guys are weird and we're joy.
Speaker 1: They were trying to manufacture vibes, right, Okay.
Speaker 4: So then finally if there was a moment where it felt like they were going to break through, it was summertime. It was like this, yeah, where like it seemed like they were having a big turnout at their live events and they were trying to they were looking at Trump and they're like, yo, nobody's showing up to his And then the first debate, like yo, it was it was there was a moment where it seemed like there was a lot of positive energy.
Speaker 1: And I've spoken to a lot of my friends that like.
Speaker 4: Were really staunch uh Kamala supporters and like worked in democratic campaigns, and what they said to me, which is really interesting in retrospect, They're like, I thought Kamala was going to blow them away.
Speaker 1: I thought it was going to be an absolute blowout.
Speaker 4: And what this showed me is that I was kind of existing in a little bit of a bubble.
Speaker 1: And I think that that's really helpful.
Speaker 4: Like, I think it's good that people start to learn that if you're existing in an echo chamber that's not only rewarded by like your friends of community, but also your algorithm, you don't get a real sense of what's happening in the world. And I think being able to pull themselves out of that, they start going, oh, maybe not every person that voted for Trump is maga.
Speaker 1: Maybe a lot of people that voted were.
Speaker 4: Just rejecting this democratic institution that seemed to like strip its contents constituents of the democratic process. And I think now they're starting to realize that. And when you ever you see like Pete or Bernie or any of these guys talk about it, they're quite critical of what happened in these last elections, and that's refreshing.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to hear more from Pete in particular.
Speaker 4: Well, also he's part of the machine, but even as part of the machine, when he came on here, like he didn't balk at it at.
Speaker 3: All we have, Yeah, but no, you guys did a good job on that actually, and and to be honest, you will have to still pay for his role in all of that, because I mean, he worked for the guy and he didn't say anything right. And at the end of the day, I want to end on the Momdani point, which is what you were talking about, and you've quite a bit of news.
Speaker 2: Maga is very pissed off at you.
Speaker 3: They're like, how is a Muslim socialist pissed me?
Speaker 4: But the question is both extremes are pissed with me. I am in their perfect space.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So then, but let's talk about the New York vote first, comic, because okay, then to the extent you're a guy in our culture Matt Damon's and Jason Bourn's in your fucking promo video, that's that's pretty big, all right. So the question then on that front is as somebody who voted for Trump and then can look at a guy like Mom Donnie who if you were to watch Fox News, everyone's like, this guy's a Muslim socialist, He's going to destroy New York.
Speaker 2: And you look at this person, you say, this person.
Speaker 3: Is New York first, what in the culture leads you to that conclusion, and then also to like surmise his victory here in the Democratic primary in New.
Speaker 4: York I mean New York first, to me means he's trying to address issues that New Yorkers have instead of gas letting New Yorkers into thinking.
Speaker 1: They don't have issues.
Speaker 4: So, like the specific moment happened obviously when they're all in that like little like public access debate stage, it was embarrassing that the greatest city in the history of the world, they got like three fucking disposable cameras that.
Speaker 2: Their videotaping is like where a nice studio right now?
Speaker 9: The is going on?
Speaker 4: We should have lent them the studio, right so so uh. And then they all ask him where their first foreign trip is going to be, which is not important to New Yorkers. If I can't pay rent, where you go for your first foreign trip is not important, okay, and then he goes, I'm not leaving, I'm going stay right here and work for New Yorkers. Immediately that's a New York first mentality, right him doing the halal shit feels like New York first. Him saying rent freezes now keep in mind, I disagree with a lot of his policies, and I am really curious to see how he will enact them.
Speaker 1: One. I think they'll be quite difficult, given like the structure of our democracy, Like you're gonna have to deal with Albany to raise taxes.
Speaker 2: I've talked about this as well.
Speaker 3: It's a procedural point which non New Yorkers actually have no idea about the way this place is run is insane.
Speaker 4: It's it's very difficult, right, So I do think they'll have difficulty in executing these things. But when you want to talk about vibes, we'll talk about culture. What he is bringing forward is an idea that he is fighting to get people in New York the things that they need.
Speaker 1: And what they need is savings.
Speaker 7: What they need is e did I get it?
Speaker 1: They need is screens on our windows.
Speaker 4: But like, yeah, so, like when I say he's New York first, it seems like he's actually trying to serve the people of New York the things that they desperately need.
Speaker 1: And do I agree with his solutions?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Can he convince me when he comes on to the podcast. Sure, I would love to learn why this works from the people that I've spoken to, Like, I can see some downstream effects, especially with like the rent freezes and stuff.
Speaker 1: That might hurt. But like, let's hear it. I want to hear it out.
Speaker 4: And I feel like they're they're appealing to what New Yorkers need. I don't know what the fuck Cuomo wants to do. Has Clomo told you how he's going to help you? Like he's just going visit Israel?
Speaker 1: Though that's great, right, You've put all the people in homes? Can you let me die? You know, you don't report it.
Speaker 7: That's New York.
Speaker 8: And if you haven't heard anything, that means it's going to be status quot exactly.
Speaker 4: So if they're not saying anything, then you assume it's going to be the same. And I think that an important thing that people need to realize. And I think Trump benefited from this. I think Obama benefit from this. We have much more leeway for an outsider's ideas than we do an insider.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Okay, why and how would you explain that to a Democrat who wants to win not just flagrant vote, but let's say the audience who's watching.
Speaker 4: Well, I think an insider the expectation is it's going to be status quo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be the same thing that we've existed and that's not working for us. Right.
Speaker 4: So, if you're an insider and you don't have any crazy, rebellious idea, and you don't because you've been politics for twenty thirty years, I'm going to assume that the exact same life that I'm living now is going to happen when you're in office. An outsider has all these kakamamie ideas that they might not be able to be implemented, but at least they have hope that they could be right, and that is seductive when you're struggling. Hope is the most amazing thing. It's antidote for everything. So let's see if they're able to implement it. Let's see if Trump is able to do these things that he promises he would do, and then if they don't, let's hold them to the fire. Let's say m Donnie does get elected and then he's not able to do these things.
Speaker 1: Hold that ask to the fire.
Speaker 8: And just hope for insiders too, because you could be a Bernie. He's been in the system forever and he's still goes right.
Speaker 7: That's where he seems like he's like an outcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think you can change from inside.
Speaker 7: When you look at the Trump election.
Speaker 6: I look back on that kamalas for they them Yad, and I'm like, holy fuck, that's a massive impact.
Speaker 7: Equally with Mamdannie.
Speaker 6: I think you watch that clip from that debate that you talked about, there is no question one of them seems like an outsider because the insiders are saying I'm.
Speaker 7: Gonna go to Israel.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go to And if you're watching that, you're like, what the fuck does this have to do with anything that's going along with you guys. And then the fact that anybody could take obviously my brother, I'm gonna defend him, always like to take exception to him saying Mamdanni comes across in New York first, and every other person made it about another country. And then he says, I'm taking care of New York first. He literally says he's New York first. How are we supposed to interpret that anyway?
Speaker 4: And then Portanoy is like he's a socialist, he's communists, He's doing all these things like just say you're upset about the Israel.
Speaker 1: Shit right, Yeah, stop acting like you don't live in New York.
Speaker 4: Stop acting like you care in Miami exactly, not acting like you care for like a socialist communist runs New York.
Speaker 1: You're upset because he said globalizing. Just make it about that. You're allowed to make it about that.
Speaker 2: But they tried already.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, and it doesn't work.
Speaker 6: But like you spend enough days, just enough days here to not pay New.
Speaker 2: York Texas you go back.
Speaker 7: I don't blame you for I do too, but like, let's be honest.
Speaker 4: But yeah, exactly, that's what I'm saying. Like, and you're allowed to be upset about that. You should say fucking globalized, defada and then not backing it off knowing what it means to people. It's like, that's fucked up and you should be able to be able accountable for it. And he can be fucked up.
Speaker 1: But don't give me this.
Speaker 4: I'm afraid of communists and socialism and try to attribute this thing.
Speaker 1: Jamie Diamond said to me.
Speaker 7: Oh, Jamie Diamond knows what New Yorkers are going. Yeah, he knows a real New Yorker.
Speaker 2: Also, he lives in Connecticut. Any Yeah, I'm pretty sure you don't FactCheck me.
Speaker 1: I'm sure care what nobody says about Donnie. If you're not spending more than fifty one percent of here in.
Speaker 4: This if you're not spending more than fifty one percent, you're not pot committed. So just shut the fuck up about it, like we are the one that got to deal with it.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that's the final kind of thing I wanted to end on, was to just look at whether Again, you don't have to put personalized if you don't want to. But do you think that the podcast bro audience is up for grabs for the Democrats the next Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do you say that?
Speaker 3: I'm up and it's not just for you, but I'm talking about the whole egosystem. And you know, let me tell you what theo Joe Rogan, let me tell you him, Dylan, everybody.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what. Look at the this bug is going to get killed. Yeah did you get it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You didn't? A right as.
Speaker 6: So the I regretted moving the the I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: Why it's up for grabs because we're allegedly this big maga podcast. And Pete Budage just comes on and has the biggest interview of his career, not our biggest interview of our career.
Speaker 1: His biggest interview that was it's actually Rogan, Yeah you know, But like.
Speaker 4: So the biggest interview of his career is our listeners, right the Bernie comes on has a massive episode with our listen So what it says to me is that what you think is our listenership is now. Now we know this because I've been doing stand up around the world and I have the most diverse audience in all of stand up. So all these white people complaining about all this bullshit who have no friends that are minorities at all, we laugh at them when we go to a show and we see what it is and it looks like the fuck you win. So what I think is it's very simple. Whoever has the idea is that meet the needs of the people and can actively convince us that they can execute those ideas is going to win our vote. It's going to win my vote. Trump had better ideas to me. Okay, then what I saw from the institution, the Democratic Institution, which had a guy who was dead as president and then inserted another person that none of us voted for, even in the primary in the first place. To me, that's subverts democracy and I don't like that. I'm an American.
Speaker 9: The class issue, I think inflation and then a lot of foreign wars is an issue that can be won by either side. Like and if go on that, if Democrats decide that they're going to really focus on that in the next election, then I think people, regardless of which you know, political aisle they fall into, will I think, you know, be responsible to it.
Speaker 4: Can I can I bring up to the going where we can stress this is like a very important thing I think for Democrats. Know, when the Republican Party win union support, it is something that you've got to pay very close attention to. If the Democratic Party does not stand for union workers, what is it stand for?
Speaker 1: What is it stand for? I agree, identity politics? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean that I think that's what happened. Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 11: The Democratic Party should hold down union support, and when they decide to either not endorse anybody or some of them endorse Trump, you have to realize that there's something else going on here, right Like, and I don't know that that's That's what I would say, Like, how does Trump appealing with Republican policies to union workers, right where the fuck do those cross?
Speaker 4: So what I think it is is they just felt like the Democrats weren't answering any of their concerns.
Speaker 3: To me, it seems like, really, what you're saying is everything has to be outsider, which is a really interesting problem for the Democrats because it's a party that venerates insiders and punishes outsiders guys like Rocana who I know you guys recently, And that'll be the interesting war for them, and maybe they will pick a Buddha jet she was able to speak to you.
Speaker 2: And also, you know, mister MSNBC.
Speaker 1: I thinks, all right, I think they'll get it.
Speaker 3: I hopes that you're right for the sake of the country. I'm still personally skeptical.
Speaker 7: I think people are just disillusioned.
Speaker 6: A lot of the people, if they listen to this podcast and vote for Trump, they're just disillusioned with how things was.
Speaker 7: He seemed like things would be different now they're not.
Speaker 6: I guarantee you a lot of people listening to this podcast are disillusioned with him right now. So bring us somebody that feels different that will do differently, and then they'll vote.
Speaker 2: For that person. Get okay, okay, vibe check question from all of you.
Speaker 3: JD Vance if he runs in twenty twenty eight, I think jaj vibecheck on him.
Speaker 4: I think JD Vance is going to have to grapple with one of the most difficult things in the history of this country, and that is like how AI will fundamentally change the workforce. And I think that he is uniquely situated and that he comes from a place in America that was absolutely devastated by outsourcing. He comes from Appalaysia. He you know, comes from like a drugged up household, unfortunately, and he saw what outsourcing does to a community and once well you could call thriving community, at least there was some economic impact there. And now you know, it's like I think there's an Appalachia scholarship that they offer anybody who basically passes high school.
Speaker 1: You have free college in the state of Ohio. I mean, they treat white people, they're like Native America.
Speaker 4: It's like it's unbelievable, right, So like for me, I would ask jd It's like, how are you going to make sure the rest of America doesn't turn into the exact place that you grew up in, and what are you going to do right now?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't think you should be waiting.
Speaker 4: I think you should be doing it right What policies are you implementing right now? You have the ear to the president, what are you telling we need to do to protect that from happening?
Speaker 7: And how are you going to grapple with that when Peter Tiele is funding your campaign?
Speaker 2: Well, so this is what I was really that's a fantastic question.
Speaker 3: By the way, I meant more about like vibe check as an insider or outsider.
Speaker 6: Jog Jog was suspect he seems insidary to me and that he just seems like a politician, Thank you.
Speaker 8: I think he's a brilliant Camille chameleon. I'm sorry, and he will mold to whatever he needs to be. Because the fact that he called Trump pitler and he's now his vice president, How to the fuck does that happen?
Speaker 3: Keeping my personal feelings out of this, because I genuinely want to know, Like, I'm like, how do how does how do you guys feel?
Speaker 1: I think that we I think we don't really know what I think.
Speaker 2: Like you mentioned the teal thing, I know THEO was upset about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm very because they've invested in him for for a long time now. They put a lot of money in, so they're eventually going to ask for something for that. And I don't know, maybe Trump doesn't get all that big tech investment if JD's not there, Who knows. But they didn't think they didn't sign on and tail JD was announced fair. Yeah, so that's the name of the game, and I'm sure JD's aware of that. So the thing about JD is that there's without a question he's been doing defense for Trump, right, So he is obviously very intelligent. If you treat him like some country bumpkin, you're a fucking idiot, He's gonna walk all over you. He's ready for every fucking interview. And the emotion intelligence is through the roof.
Speaker 1: The guy is broke as shit, growing up, ends up, going to Yale.
Speaker 4: Offers nothing to the neple babies and Oligarch's kids at Yale, he offers nothing and somehow manages to navigate that social stratag which is very difficult even if you're a NEPO.
Speaker 2: I've known Jay since twenty fifteen, so I agree with you.
Speaker 4: What I think a lot of times dem is they they're not really treating him with maybe the respect that they and fear that they should.
Speaker 1: Once he's unleashed, we're gonna.
Speaker 4: See what happens. But he's not allowed to be unleased yet. He's in defense mode for Trump. Trump sucks up.
Speaker 1: JD goes and explains it in a way that everybody goes, Oh, that is kind of a good point. You know.
Speaker 4: He's like, she's like a think tank for when Trump does something that's unpopular, I want to know what he gotta do.
Speaker 9: But yeah, he's gonna have a massive issue depending on how Trump's you know, second term actually finishes, because he'll ultimately have to answer for a lot of the domestic as well as the foreign policy sessions, and if there's some type of like foreign invasion in Iran, then he will either have to distance himself internally, which as we know, Trump like is adamant about loyalist and so he's here now criticizing Zelensky in the White House and then we'll have to somehow backtrack on that if he's trying to get elected, or he'll have to try to justify an IRN evasion if in the event that that happens, hopefully not, and I think that it will be consequential if he trust run.
Speaker 6: I think if Trump ends his term really poorly, I don't think he wins the primary. And if it ends really well, I think Trump is going to run for a third term.
Speaker 7: That's it gonna do.
Speaker 3: I like guys, Andrew, you got to get out of here. Thank you guys so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Let me use a studio anytime.
Speaker 7: We appreciate you.