Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast. Listen. I'm going to make a big announcement here January seventeenth, twenty twenty four, at the iHeart Radio Theater at three thousand West Alameda Avenue, Burbank, California. I Am all In Live event with Amy Sugarman, Susanne French, Tara Sude, and yours truly.
Speaker 3: Guess who will also be there, Scott.
Speaker 1: Daniel Danielle Romo coming back strong for the live event. The guests include Sebastian Bach, Vanessa Morano, Keiko Againa, and the one and Only ba Bet Sally Struthers. Amy, tell them all about how they get tickets.
Speaker 3: Okay, first, you have to say it again. Tell the people again who guests are. So First, I have to say Danielle finishes her maternity leave January fifteenth. The live show is January seventeen, So the very first thing she's doing when she comes back. Maybe she'll even bring the baby.
Speaker 1: I am all in Live, Sebastian Bach, Vanessa Morano, Keiko Againa, Sally Struthers. January seventeenth, twenty twenty four. iHeartRadio Theaters, three thousand West Allameta Boulevard, Burbank, California, right next.
Speaker 3: And you'll be there, Actually, you'll be there.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be there. Yeah, I'm gonna host just like the rest of y'all. If you'll let me on the stage, want me.
Speaker 3: To tell you a couple of the things that are amazing about it? Or yeah, should we leave it to be surprised? Okay, I'll give.
Speaker 1: You maybe a little surprise, a little yeah tease, a little shure. Okay, yeah, we should let.
Speaker 3: Them know all. First of all that amazing lineup, like amazing. There will be concession sold from Doci's Market. There will be a merch shop from Warner Brothers. Oh yeah, bringing over. They're literally so our theater. The iHeart Theater is about one block from the Warner Brothers law it's walking distance. So I'm just picturing all the people from Warner Brothers walking across the street with the boxes of amazing Gilmore Girls merch to sell at the theater. So there's going to be exclusive merch, special guest surprises, things you cannot even begin to imagine that We'll be announcing throughout the next month as we lead up to the show. So if you can be in Los Angeles, or you're in Los Angeles, or you can get yourself to Los Angeles on January seventeenth, go to veeps dot events backslash I am all in veeps dot events backslash I hyphen am hyphen all hyphen in Now. I know you're listening, you're in your car, you're running your errands, you're working out. It will be on Scott's Instagram and it will be on the show Instagram. All the info you need. Now. If for some reason you cannot be in Los Angeles on January seventeenth, do not panic. You can join the stream, which Scott will also take part in the stream, so you'll have live interaction that's on January twenty fifth. So come to LA. But if you can't, do not worry. We've got you.
Speaker 1: There's all kinds of ticket options. VIP doors open at five pm. Doors the remaining doors are open at six pm. The event is at seven pm January seventeenth, twenty twenty four. Sebastian Bach, Vanessa Morano, Keiko Againa and Sally Struthers, Bet April Lane and Gil.
Speaker 3: Wow. If somebody wants to be VIP, guess who they get to meet?
Speaker 1: Who you me? Oh boy, I tell you, huh, I just I haven't met me yet.
Speaker 3: That's excited we have.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to buy a ticket.
Speaker 1: Scott, I'm gonna have to get a ticket to be there to meet myself. All right, Well, I'm looking forward to meeting everybody. It's going to be a really great time. We are going to have a blast, and.
Speaker 3: We're gonna reveal all kinds of special stuff. So keep listening to the podcast because you'll get to know things throughout the month as we lead up to the event. I'm actually stoked about it.
Speaker 1: This is really exciting. Anyway. VEEPS v E e p S Dot Events backslash, I dash m dash all dash in on sell right now, VIP meet and greet, VIP floor seats and balcony seats. Those are the three tiers. So go to veeps dot Events backslash. I am all in with the hyphens in between. I am all in all those words, and get your tickets now before they sell out. Live event. There's how many how many seats are in that place, by the way, three very hundreds.
Speaker 3: Yes, super intimate. It's going to sell out very fast.
Speaker 1: Isn't that Johnny Carson's old studio?
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: We're going to be We're going to take over Johnny Carson's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's where the Tonight Show used to be, so Tonight Show. Let me tell you, Never in my life did I think I would send this email to any executives at iHeart Uh huh. I said, hey, guys, how much does it cost to make it snow?
Speaker 1: I bet it's a It ain't cheap, no, but.
Speaker 3: I think it's doable.
Speaker 1: Just well, So bring something warm because it could snow. And if you smell snow, it's because it could snow. So bring some mittens, and you know, bring some hats. It's gonna get frosty in there.
Speaker 3: Not. Look, I know everybody is like mindful of you know, saving their money and being careful with their funds. It's a great Christmas gift. So maybe don't buy all the junk that you always buy and instead have a memory that lasts a lifetime and give this as a perfect Christmas gift.
Speaker 1: That's right. We want you there. We want our super fans in the front row, the middle rows, the back rows, in the balconies. Come on, let's party. It's gonna be fun. January seventeenth, twenty twenty four. iHeartRadio Theater and it's it's Is it plush? I think it's plush in there? It's nice.
Speaker 3: Well, it's amazing, are you kidding? Peter? Is beautiful, Like we said, it's super intimate, like this is a very That's what you know, why you got to get your tickets fast because there's only just a small number of people that get to be there in person.
Speaker 1: We are going to recap and.
Speaker 3: It was a doozy. This episode's a doozy.
Speaker 1: It certainly was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I have thoughts, you know, we.
Speaker 1: Have some thoughts on this. I think let's uh, let's synopsize with the newly annointed great one. Here Susanne French mispopularity. We like to call it off. You know, she can't she can't even she can't even walk to lunch without getting stopped a million times for selfies and all kinds of things.
Speaker 3: Suzanne, have you been have you been recognized? No, it'll be any.
Speaker 4: Day now, don't I have not, But you know I've got I'm just I'm ready anytime, you know, I've always got my mascara on.
Speaker 3: So yes, we learned about the importance of mascarett of Suzanne when we had to get up at four in the morning.
Speaker 4: All right, this is season six, episode twelve. Just like Gwen and Gavin by the aired on January seventeenth, two thousand and six. Logan keeps trying to reconcile with Rory, but she keeps brushing him off until he talks to the one person who can change Rory's mind. The Winter Carnival takes over stars Hollow, with Kirk taking the reins, and Loralai finds out about April, but from April herself and not Luke.
Speaker 3: The title is great good because at the time it was so accurate. Unfortunately, now although the title is still accurate in the sense that this did happen to Gwen and Gavin, they are no longer married and she is married to Blake Shelton and all they're all still quite famous, so that it's a bit jarring. I don't know if anyone else had that, because there's a whole thing and you're just.
Speaker 1: Like mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things that was so topical at the time that it didn't really stand up over the years, right, Right.
Speaker 1: Were they trying to say? I thought they were kind of denigrating their singing ability a little bit.
Speaker 3: A little bit they did.
Speaker 1: But but the thing is is Gwen's I mean, you know, go ahead take your shots at Gavin Rossdale, but you know, Gwen Stefan, you can sing her tail.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean she's a very very talented and unique vocalist with a very unique style. I mean, just go listen to her that debut single that that put her on the map.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they kind of I mean, what a song they gave him a little bit of a dig.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why, I don't know that Fani, she's like the coolest person on earth with a golden throat.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think I really think Gavin Rossteel is like a bad singer.
Speaker 1: He's like a no, no, no, I'm not saying bad. But if you're going to rag somebody, rag on somebody in that relationship, it's going to be him.
Speaker 3: And there's so many more singers in the world. I mean, I thought the point was well taken and that they talked about that there was a child that Gavin didn't know about, right, It was just sort of maybe like an added dig to just like rip on him a little bit. But whatever, it's a little shade.
Speaker 1: Shade shade at Gwen Stefani. I don't know, she's a badass.
Speaker 3: I'd agree she's gone on to have like even a bigger career than she did then.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, you sit there and go to see her in concerts, see that band, you'd be blown away.
Speaker 3: Well, she's also an epic performer, so whether you like her voice or not, no, she is a awesome on stage, like she really is.
Speaker 1: She has what is known that rare quality in the Great Ones is she has emotional power in her voice when she does her thing. It's it's just like, whoa I like.
Speaker 3: I like Blake Shelton too.
Speaker 1: There you go. I mean these people stars for a reason. Couple, yeah, right, for a reason? Right?
Speaker 3: So yeah, well, let us continue.
Speaker 1: Let's dip our lines, hooks and sinkers and baited baited hooks into the water to see what we catch on this episode, fellow fisher people, So right out the gate being influenced by Nova Scotia. I'm still here, by the way.
Speaker 3: Those Oh yeah, I know, I feel like you're never leaving Canada.
Speaker 1: No, no, we got it's about eight more days. Oh my gosh, we're counting down the days.
Speaker 3: It's well, I am, it's very lengthy. Anyway, at least you'll be home in Jenny, January seventeenth.
Speaker 1: Get your tickets now, I'll try to make it for the event.
Speaker 3: Okay. So the immediately the bells were ringing and I had actually forgotten this. This open. So you see paul, Anka, Luke and Lorelar in the bed and all of a sudden three twelve am.
Speaker 1: But it didn't look like it was dark out the window. It looked light.
Speaker 3: It looked like it was really I thought it looked dark to me.
Speaker 1: No, there was a little corner of a window behind Luke and it was lit.
Speaker 3: Probably was accidentally lit. Maybe that was supposed to be the moonlight. Was that moonlight?
Speaker 1: Moonlight? Oh what?
Speaker 3: Obviously maybe shot Maybe you shot this during the day and they tried hard to make it dark, and.
Speaker 1: Well you just black. You just blacked the darn thing out. No, I don't know. Good, what do I know about lighting? I mean, look at me. I mean, you guys look great. I look terrible.
Speaker 3: First of all, you don't. It's like I've stopped he is just more lighting, just more keep adding ring light after So okay, so here's what I'll say about the scene. The bells will were hilarious. I love the hole that she's like, we gotta get up and go. Your car dream was super boring.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then you come to the town meeting and actually your outfits were pretty cute, like Luke and Lorla had it together. Some people in there were in their pj's are looking a little bit more disheveled.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, yeah, I thought a very cute scene in the town hall meeting. I enjoyed it. I loved Taylor on the video. It was it was with the ping pong.
Speaker 3: Ball and Timmy. It's like, nephew Timmy.
Speaker 1: Like do head. I am not a do head. And speaking of personal invective, uh, there was a rather shocking expletive expressed in this episode and we'll.
Speaker 3: Get to it, and it was do doohead and it.
Speaker 1: Was not due to it was actually very shocking.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. I think I have slipped by me.
Speaker 1: I think I didn't slip by Susanne. It did not slip, did not you know what I'm talking about? Yeah, I was, I was can't wait I was so, I was really shocked.
Speaker 3: Don't forget.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not. It's my whole reason for coming on today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is my favorite line. It's probably Scott's favorite line too, so I have to fight over it.
Speaker 3: How did I miss this?
Speaker 1: No, it's not my favorite line. It's my favorite line. Oh really, I thought it did not fit in this piece in this world?
Speaker 3: God, should you tell me now?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, We're going to make you wonder.
Speaker 3: It's a good tease because I'm definitely hooked. Yeah, the whole podcast now.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: Going back to the town meeting, I liked this whole well. First of all, I noticed how long the cold open was, Like, the whole bedroom scene and the town meeting were all before the credits. Sorry that struck me, But I really liked the town meeting. It was so nonsensical. How it's three twelve in the morning, and why is I mean, Taylor's in the same time zone as they are. Why is he three twelve in the morning. Why is this random nephew up at.
Speaker 1: The front right right?
Speaker 4: It's just so nonsensical. It just made me laugh.
Speaker 1: Right, So by that time, it's put what three uarter to four? Yeah, exactly what are these kids going up in the in the in the rumpus room playing ping pong?
Speaker 3: I love the whole town being like and then and what right?
Speaker 1: The big announcement comes and then they cut to the wide shot of the whole town. Nobody reacts. That was really funny. And then this.
Speaker 3: Patty's just like can you do it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Okay, meeting and then he's still talking, Taylor's is still talking and every right kind of a good advanced technology they had in Stars Hollow in two thousand whatever it is right in Yeah, they had zoom meetings before he did that.
Speaker 1: Huh. Al Gore invented the Internet and the invented the zoom. Seriously, look at that.
Speaker 3: Although I felt like he obviously couldn't see them, they could see him anyway, he didn't know they all left.
Speaker 1: That's a good question to ask.
Speaker 3: Let's pose it he could not see them, but they could see him.
Speaker 1: Does anybody out there know the answer to that? I do? What is it?
Speaker 3: He couldn't see them, but they could see him because he kept talking even though they all left.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well somehow.
Speaker 3: He could hear them. Though there's some flaws.
Speaker 1: You do not have to yell at me about that. I mean, you know, I'm just I'm.
Speaker 3: Just trying to just to talk about the title again. There's some flaws in the zoom technology back then. But okay. So then we come back from the credits and another pop culture sort of moment for me. So we get we're at the diner and Laura's realizing she's getting so much done because she's been up since three twelve am. And then she makes a reference to Katie Couric and she's never seen the first five minutes of the Today Show. And then you get the matt lower mentioned, which you're just like again, ooh like, but we got through it. Then one of my favorite lines, Matthew mcconoey really gets me. Rarn, She's like, I'm raring to go. Well, Matthew mccona.
Speaker 1: Really gets me. I just saw a video of him making a pickle margarita. Pickle margarite, some dude.
Speaker 3: I feel like I saw that too. Who was that dude it was?
Speaker 1: I don't know, it was just lady. Maybe it was his partner in the pickle margarita. You know, these celebrities are coming out with so many alcoholic drinks. That got to invent new ones.
Speaker 3: You know, celebrities love a side hustle. Celebrities do they love a side hustle.
Speaker 1: Everybody's got a tequila bread? Yeah, everybody. Everybody's got a tequila bread.
Speaker 3: George Clooney, Well, I mean.
Speaker 1: He I think he was the first. Yeah, and when he you know, well, let's not.
Speaker 3: That one's probably done pretty well for the clue.
Speaker 1: Oh sure it's good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one's pretty legit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's quality stuff. I think probably a lot of the Mark quality stuff. I think they probably go to the same agave farm in Mexico. Yeah, probably slap on a new name.
Speaker 3: I don't drink tequila, so I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Oh I drink it all day, all day?
Speaker 3: Is that your go to?
Speaker 1: No, I don't drink at all. Actually, little wine at dinner once in a while. No, I don't. I don't. I can't. I can't drink anymore.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things I can't do as I get older.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I guess I can still ride a bike.
Speaker 3: I can ride a bike, but yeah, getting up out of things is.
Speaker 1: Getting up out of things? Huh up. That sounds like a country song.
Speaker 3: Sorry for those Sorry for those that hate when we interject, did anybody watch Leave the World Behind this weekend? So it's the new Julia Roberts Netflix movie. Okay, so it's actually pretty good, but there is a huge shot I won't give anything away of the Gilmore Girls DVDs.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, we're gonna get paid. I'm gonna get paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you. I don't know if you get paid for that, because they just show the DVD boxes. Somebody's getting paid.
Speaker 1: Warner Brothers getting paid. They should, they should.
Speaker 3: There must be some Warner Brothers time with this movie because Friends gets a lot of shout outs, The West Wing got a lot of shout outs, Gilmore Girls got a big Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Are these all Warner Brothers starting to come together?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, yes, these are all shows un I believe. Shepherded by the great and now retired President of the TV Division, Peter Roth, one of the most beloved executives during his tenure at Warner Brothers. I always had a hug.
Speaker 3: He was like, oh, that's nice.
Speaker 1: Always had a hug for you. And he was super positive, super nice guy, super supportive, great guy.
Speaker 3: It's good to hear. So I semi recommend that movie, So everybody tell me what they think. Okay, So back to now. We go to Rory's apartment and there are some flowers everywhere, and we immediately know Logan is sending flowers on flowers on flowers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or or Logan with his wittle heart. He's in such pain, he's little heart boken. What's he gonna do? Little witch boy? He can't have everything he wants immediately, and he's so turned on by this his challenge. Do you think once he gets her back, if he gets her back, he's just going to revert back to his sort of fabulously arrogant self. M what do you think?
Speaker 3: I'll never tell?
Speaker 1: I Actually I'm rooting for him.
Speaker 4: I mean he still is his fabulous erring itself like he's not. There's nothing to revert back to because he's still acting.
Speaker 3: That way, and I kind of love it.
Speaker 1: Well, you think you think you think you think this is disingenuous? Do you think this is just?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I think he feels I don't know that he's doing it on purpose, but I think the only way he knows how to do things is to throw money at it, because that's just how he's.
Speaker 1: Can't can't he just give our friend Matt a little credit for the effort he went to the mother, Scott, I agree with you. That is a risky move and that could backfire hugely once Rory finds out, like you to my mother.
Speaker 3: You need to know what's in that letter. We're not to it yet, but I need to know what was in that letter, she wrote.
Speaker 1: I want to know what this. I wanted it not too I shouted out. I said, read it out loud.
Speaker 3: You know, Okay, when we get to it, we'll talk about that. There's two I'm going to throw two things out right now.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 3: And we don't have to discuss it yet, but I don't want to forget to discuss it at the end.
Speaker 1: I love it when you double up like this, Go ahead and thanks.
Speaker 3: I was ready for two things to happen in this episode. That did happen, one being Rory and Logan are starting to get back together. And two is that Laurelin knows about it. Had they dragged either of those things out further, I think I would have started to really be like, oh, so we can talk about that at the end of the episode. All right, So now we go to the park, the very snowy park, where Luke is clearly having sort of his first father daughter meeting. April's on the bench and there's some funny surprise.
Speaker 4: I thought that scene was so cute, like the awkwardness, because Luke's like, April's like, why are we at the park? And Luke is, you know, don't kids like the park. He just doesn't have any idea how to do this, and so he's doing his best. That's how the Avian flu is spread.
Speaker 3: First of all, I don't do handshakes because you're gonna have a lot less risk with a hug, I think.
Speaker 4: Well, and they both had gloves on, so it was funny that she even said that.
Speaker 1: I give a lot of elbows now, oh elbows.
Speaker 3: M So, did you guys notice she sells the pink helmet. The pink bike helmet.
Speaker 1: Was especially the ice. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Of course, Luke's like Snowball Fight, Bowling movie Zoo and then.
Speaker 1: I missed Snowball Fight. They were so much fun.
Speaker 3: Well, aren't you gonna do one? Aren't you going to the snow for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Darn right? I am. That's the first thing I do when I get off the plane. I'm gonna start chucking ice balls other kids.
Speaker 3: Your kid?
Speaker 1: Oh, why would I do that?
Speaker 3: He probably likes a snowball, but.
Speaker 1: He's liable to retaliate. M I'm not stupid, you know, I get ruined.
Speaker 3: So okay, Well, so she wants to come to the diner, and you sort of see the a lot of face acting in this episode, and.
Speaker 1: You see this so many faces acting, a lot of face acting, super super good face acting.
Speaker 3: And then I wasn't mused that they wanted to stare at the frisbee guys and kind of mock them.
Speaker 1: So that who's throwing a frisbee in a park in the snow? What is I've never seen that? Who throws a frisbee in the park.
Speaker 4: I can't remember the last time I saw something throw a frisbee?
Speaker 1: Oh, I see frisbees in the wintertime. Who's throwing a frisbee in the wintertime?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not really a winter activity, but I there was a lot of frisbees. I almost got a light up frisbee for a stocking stuffer for my nieces. Like lights up.
Speaker 1: Frisbees are still nighttime frisbee.
Speaker 3: Frisbees are hanging on they've been around. I tell you days of your and their.
Speaker 1: I've had many Frisbee outings. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So all right, so then we're at the Inn and Kirk sort of discussing with Loralai her her booth at the carnival, and we find out that Lorelai has broken many a promise to Kirk or Kirk or Kirk and then the Maple Syrup Council, which actually kind of made me laugh.
Speaker 1: That was funny, and that thought it.
Speaker 3: Came Plaine Maple Syrup did gag me, which it later gags Lorela and Suki and I had to just get a pancakers. We're not to that. But so then we go to the Pace, which these are sort of those the papers. Paris is so unhinged it just is almost too much for me.
Speaker 1: But yeah, my one flag on the play here is just this entire you know, the dictator in Paris, which was just it wasn't even again strained credulity that anybody would tolerate that. Yeah, all of those really smart, really privileged kids, you know, sorry, they're not having it. They're not for five minutes. They're not going to wear a numbered hat exactly.
Speaker 3: And also even in her just being so Parisy, she's not going to do that. So that was sort of my thing where I'm like, we're just hashtag trying too hard with this stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm hearing screaming outside my unit. It's not it's just a TV show. They're yelling at me. I can already hear the emails whizzing through the cloud at me.
Speaker 3: The magnet board, and she's going and typing. It's just too I'm like, come on, Paris.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, Paris is one of my favorite characters. But even for me, that was like, she's like walking this fine line. Yeah, this is this is a little over the top.
Speaker 1: And look part of what we love about the show, though, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it's that fine line because I want to push it. But then when it.
Speaker 1: Goes over, I go, yeah, we threw a flag.
Speaker 3: So then the coffee cart, which actually was believable and funny, amusing. I do think he would do that, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was pretty funny. But would they have allowed it inside the pub?
Speaker 3: No, I thought of that. I actually thought of that. No, for so many reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so anyway, we're not throwing a flag on that though, because it paid off.
Speaker 3: No, I agree, this is.
Speaker 1: The referee did throw the flag, but he picked it back up and just waved it off.
Speaker 3: So whatever the opposite of a flag is is how I feel about this coming scene because I thought for all the people that don't like Anna, I thought she was very correct and appropriate in this scene. So now we have Luke calling Anna and there's some chitty chatting about the swooshing grease. Well, well they'll be swooshing grease around her, and you know, he sort of pulls the bs of like, well maybe this just isn't a good time for me, And I thought she nailed it, like, screw you, dude, you want to be involved. We didn't ask for this. You don't get to choose when you're going to be a parent, you are one.
Speaker 4: I thought that was interesting because she did make that choice for Luke. She chose not to tell him he was a parent, so well, you're just a parent. You have to just do it like that was that was weird. But I do agree with though the mama bear part of it, that like you you either have to be there for her or not, like don't get her hopes up.
Speaker 3: I did agree with that part and correct she was wrong, full stop. Wrong by not informing Luke about this. But now it's come out. So the past is the past. She made those mistakes. We can dig into that forever. But she was right in that Luke can't be like.
Speaker 1: Oh I can I ask you guys something? Does this seem like a real departure from who Luke is? Like if he's so caring, I mean, even though it's a big shock to find out you have a daughter, right, can he lack the skills to this degree when he displays such such a toolbox, if you will, of skill sets, dealing with Laurel I and dealing with Rory all these years, and then to turn around with his own daughter, you know, squirming around, trying to get out of it, no she can't come, and not telling Laura. He's almost unrecognizable at this What happened to this solid guy who everybody can depend on and he's the rock and now he's just acting like an idiot?
Speaker 4: Well just wait till the next few episodes.
Speaker 3: We've seen small inklings where he gets So I think his dishonesty comes from a place of love, right, Like, I don't think he has bad intentions ever, And I think he's trying to navigate this relationship with April with good intentions. And I understand why he was nervous about her coming to the diner because he hasn't told lore lies.
Speaker 1: So so tell her it's not that hard. You take a break from uh, you know, Caesar take over. He goes over the dragonfly. He tells her, what's you know, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I agree, Well, he tried it in the last episode. Come on Fries in this one to tell her correct. He should have just ripped the band aid off right when it happened.
Speaker 1: Right, and he would have. He's that guy. He's the stand up guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, but he's so nervous about this is so major and he's nervous. And I get that too, Like I don't hate him for his mistakes. I sort of have competitive I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not hating on him. It's just it's just it's so out of character. Yeah, you know, it's just it's just isn't him. It's almost like it's a it's a it's another character that has absolutely no idea how to navigate his day to day life.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's very hypocritical to.
Speaker 1: He's been through the he's been through the fire with Christopher and dealing with all of that, and he's you know, he's been a hero, you know, all this build up with this character, and then all of a sudden, his daughter shows up and he goes all now tole Eel and he's not It just didn't recognize him. I couldn't. I did not like this portrayal of this character in this world.
Speaker 3: It's so hypocritical. Like I said, he has been so adamant about transparency with Laura Leo, about Christopher, about everything, and then he does not do that. So, m that's a.
Speaker 1: Bit the one guy in the world you would expect to, you know, just sort of plow through it and face the music right away and be honest. And I think I think it hurts the character. I think it hurts him. You know, I don't know fans out there listening in chime in, We want to know how you feel about that.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make him. We can't put him on a pedestal because he's definitely makes mistakes. So okay, So we go there's some sort of Paris more Paris Rory stuff, which we don't love. Then we go into the hub and Rory realizes, like, oh, here's everybody from the paper sort of having this meeting. So I sort of agree that they need to have some sort.
Speaker 1: Of a.
Speaker 3: Mutiny against Paris. Is that what it's called? What's the right word?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That works. Yeah, she needs to be voted out. I mean it's it's really a coup d'etas. Yeah, get rid of her, you know, take over the institutions aligned with the military and go in there and remove her.
Speaker 3: So them lower live bumps into Tailor in his.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you that was hysterical. He bumps into her. She says, how's it going there? Eight mile?
Speaker 3: And also when she says like the rain in Spain because he.
Speaker 1: Says ele line was so good, So suddenly we're line dancing. What's with the line dancing?
Speaker 3: So okay, So then we have Zach, which I can't decide if I like or don't like the Zach stuff. There's definitely some funny stuff. So Zach sort of helping with the booth, and you can tell that he's just straw. Right.
Speaker 1: If anybody's the illegitimate child of Luke, it could be Zach because he's such a ranter. He's just ranting all over the place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe we just talked about it early cranky, that's a good point, the ranting.
Speaker 3: And then I actually was thinking, who is that guy? He's so handsome and then he calls him like the Clooney.
Speaker 1: And the Asian cloney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that guy was a total babe. I was like, who is this guy? And then it was a little creepy when we find out he's the uncle and we all were like, because I was definitely going down the one path of like are they getting set up? And he's so unhinged throwing the milk bottles? What did you all make of missus Kim though saying I'm not standing in your way? That was a point.
Speaker 1: Maybe she was drinking some of more of that plumb wine or something and she was talking to Why would she say that to Zach?
Speaker 5: Maybe she didn't lead anywhere, so no, but maybe she's finally saying like she's not gonna stand in her daughter's way anymore.
Speaker 1: It yeah, like.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I sort of.
Speaker 4: It's an open question.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, well we'll leave it to the forum to but uh. And then and then you know the uncle is they're throwing the bottles and Zach's just Zack looks like he's got a pretty good pitching arms Old Todd Lowe. Maybe there's some old baseball experience in his background. He was firing some seeds right at the wow and then comes the most out of place line, because this one just took me out of the show. Like he called the uncle a the B word.
Speaker 3: The B I t h yes, I mean.
Speaker 1: He got that was his last line. That was they said, yeah, well, you know, maybe I'll throw them harder next time you And then he said and then he said it, and the guy just turned around and walked away, and I thought, what show am I watching him?
Speaker 4: So that was, well, we probably are going to talk about it in pulp culture because that was a quote from something else.
Speaker 3: I missed this company.
Speaker 1: I don't care if it was a quote from something else. It's like, how did that phrase theology end up? And gill my girls, it's the last show. It was a little shocking where to hear something like that.
Speaker 3: I miss I missed the whole thing. Oh, I'm like maybe I was just too heart eyed at the at the.
Speaker 1: Uncle I shouted out in my unit. I was like, no, no, they had to come up and knock on my door.
Speaker 3: Okay, it seems well we will be uh dissecting that line in pop culture. So okay, so we did go out of order a little bit. I'll get us back on tracks.
Speaker 1: So since you did, so you missed it, so we don't get to talk about it. That's it.
Speaker 3: Oh, We're definitely going to talk about it. I think there's a lot to talk about because it's a huge pop culture reference that I didn't know but I just got a note about. All right, so we can talk about.
Speaker 1: I think we have to tiptoe around that. We have to tiptoe around.
Speaker 3: This about about the B I T c.
Speaker 1: H swear word, swear word, A legit swear word, but it's a but it's like a you know, it's denigrating.
Speaker 3: Are any of us going to say the word.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it. I'm not saying it. I'm not saying don't say kids listen to this. No, no saying it. Okay. Sometimes I think perpetuating this word.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I think we say s A S H I T on this show.
Speaker 1: But that's something that we all do. That's that's that's the universal common.
Speaker 3: Daily that's true.
Speaker 4: It's biologic function.
Speaker 1: The the the B word is a slur against you know, it's not okay, Yeah, it's not okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Okay, So what I know is there's a pop culture connection to it that has to do with the show that the OC and Gilmour Girls. So we'll get let's dig into it in pop culture. Okay, keep going through here, so we'll spend some time.
Speaker 1: That is hardly a justification. If that's the right, well, we'll have.
Speaker 3: To analyze it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't I'm going to start writing letters. I'm going to start writing letters.
Speaker 3: I missed the line completely, So I'm feeling like we do do it? Okay. So Lorlai gets the phone call from Luke and uh says, there's something I need to run past you, I think he said. And she's with the Syrup Council and definitely won't be coming by the diner. So we sort of have that exchange, right.
Speaker 1: I thought, ridiculous, smarmy, not in character. Don't recognize him, so you're definitely not coming to the diner. Oh good, I can just see. Oh good. You know, it's like what.
Speaker 3: That was weird?
Speaker 4: I had just a minor flag on that because she's standing there saying I just don't have time to come over and repeating over and over. She's standing like five feet away from the diner. The thing she could have like turned around and even seen him standing there.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: She's square and there's never a day she doesn't go to the diner. So I was a little bit like, am I supposed to be falling for this nonsense? It's so like, yeah, that was like okay. So then April's at the diner, which I love that she like parked her bike and was just like blocking the whole sidewalk. But the funniest thing for me was the strangler. It could be a strangler that she's like, oh, walk my bike.
Speaker 4: He's like, no, it's a safe town, don't watch.
Speaker 3: And then which will talk. Then when she meets Laura La and tells Luke, well, she said she wasn't a strangler.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Again, it doesn't track for me, even though it was a really funny scene and really well written, it doesn't track for me that he's this clueless as a father when he's been a father to Rory all these years. Right, does you want to sit in color? Like?
Speaker 3: Do you want the sit in color?
Speaker 1: Part? Really yeah, she though.
Speaker 3: She wants to refill the salt and pepper shakers and she wants to work. I was all good with it. It has its moments and it's pop. This is a mixed episode, so okay. Then we go back and we do have the scene with Suki. I think it might be our only scene with Suki and Loura LII with the syrup council and there have like twelve jars of syrup in front of them like it's a wine tasting. And then no pancake or waffle like bucket.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Then Logan, So, Logan's at the inn and tells Laurai he misses her and wants her help. He Logan's got moxie.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: What do you guys think?
Speaker 1: I think he's doing what a lot of young men do when they know they've blown it and they know they really let maybe the one slip away, and they're gonna they're gonna try to make amends and fight for it, and you know, starting to get a little stockery here, stocker ish.
Speaker 4: I think he was getting desperate because he's seeing, Okay, I thrown all this money at her and it's not working. So what do I do next? And that was what he came up with.
Speaker 1: So I m hm.
Speaker 4: You could see that, like he's getting a little desperate.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, you know, I I'll shut up. No, no, I mean it's like I don't recognize these characters now, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's just I'm still pretty in. I'm still in. I don't have as many complaints about the characters. I'm still there's little things. But for me, Luke is still Luke at his core, even though he's making little mistakes Logan's logan, loreal lies, Lorelai. I'm good with pretty much all of them. And for me, they're not making any more mistakes than they've made for the last five years. They're still just.
Speaker 1: Flawed, right, I know, but picture that's flawed Jesus flawed. They're just acting. Luke's acting crazy. I mean, it's just like it's just weird.
Speaker 3: Bad though, Like would you do if you Okay, so Scott, you find out tomorrow sorry that you have a kid? Mm hmm, what do you do?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, you take responsibility.
Speaker 3: I mean you call your wife, I mean immediately, Like, don't you want to get your facts straight first?
Speaker 1: At that point, it would be excellent because if you were still married and you didn't know you had a kid.
Speaker 3: Say that's Gwyn and Gavin. So you're married, right and you find out, So say you find out you have a thirty year old kid, I don't know, just say whatever somebody before you met your wife, obviously, don't you first kind of get your ducks in a row, like or do you tell her this? I don't know. See, I don't know. I don't know what I would do. It's so it's so complicated, like would you call her right away and be like this just happened. Somebody called me and said I have a kid from thirty years ago.
Speaker 1: Pretty much, And yeah, you love somebody and you trust them, that's what you do. Yeah. Yeah, that's why I'm not buying into this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: I think it's really clunky and clumsy, and it's it's it's it's not believable for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And he didn't do anything wrong. That's the thing too, Meaning it's not like he cheated on Lorely and has a two year old. This was way before her. He was in a relationship with this person and she did not tell him, So it's not like, you know, it's.
Speaker 1: I mean, it reveals his complete lack of trust in Laurelai to be able to handle this information and process it in a way that won't disrupt his narrative, which is the wedding. And I mean, it was kind of bizarre that he brought up the fact that he needed more time and we let's not get married June third, which is months and months away. I mean, it's like it's wintertime, right, it's probably six months away, and he wants to delay it because he just I mean, it.
Speaker 3: Just that was weird to me too, like like.
Speaker 1: What I mean, It's like I was shocked by this. I thought it was laurele I and I you know, when I was hearing about and I hadn't seen the episodes and I forgot you know, I read the script twenty years ago or whatever it was. But but I thought, oh, well, this whole blow up is causing laurel I to have second thoughts and she's going to delay the wedding. No, it's him he is now. He wants to delay until things. It's like, what just a bizarre, bizarre turn of events.
Speaker 4: I think it speaks to Luke's inability to deal with any kind of change that's thrown at him. He does not deal with change well. And so I think he's and I'm not saying this is justified, but I think he's just overwhelmed by everything that's going on right now, and so he's like pulling back. And so when Laura I were kind of jumping ahead, but when Laura I presented that option of postponing the wedding, then he was like he kind of saw that way out and dove for that exit. Not that that is right, I mean, I agree that I personally feel that it is kind of a trust issue, like when he if that had happened to me, I would have said something to my partner the second that she came in the diner and pulled chunks of hair out of my head, like I wouldn't have even waited for the results. I would have been like, you know, the weirdest thing happened to me today, Because if you trust your partner, then you want them to help you through whatever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The scenario is, so I mean maybe.
Speaker 1: I mean, are they trying to make us believe that you know, you know, he's so enamored and so insecure and so nervous that she's just going to go away, that he can't possibly tell her the truth about this because he'll definitely lose her. I mean, that's that's what's going through his head. Yeah, that's not the character that I portrayed. That's not how I portrayed it, and or the character.
Speaker 3: Or her right, that's not what we know of her.
Speaker 1: Very good point. Both of them are acting strangely, you know, and.
Speaker 3: Well she wasn't given the opportunity, like he knows her right, So he's acting weird for his own character. But he's also putting some assumptions onto Laurali that she's never really given us any kind of evidence that she would behave that way. Yeah, I agree, I don't know. It does make me think. I mean I started as you guys were talking like whoa, it's true, Like I do think I would immediately say something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anybody, anybody would.
Speaker 3: It's so much that you almost want to tell your significant other because it takes some of it off of you.
Speaker 1: Exactly, that's your best friend. You will talk to them about it, help me. This is yeah, it's your partner, this is your life partner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm also a firm believer. If you're going to marry somebody. So this is how I always say it. You're going to marry somebody, that means they have the decision and to pull the plug on whether you live or die. Right, You're gonna give somebody that decision, but you don't trust them with like, hey this happened. I'm always like, that's so weird to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just he's just he's acting like a cuckoo birds.
Speaker 3: It just him, it's not Yeah, he's sort of a mess. But why have Okay, I know we have a few more things to talk about. One flag though not even a flag, a call out. So you know, in the scene at the carnival, right, so I can't remember exactly what part, whether it's when Zach's hurling the balls at the milk bottles, or we see the what was it called the swami.
Speaker 4: The doggy swammy, the doggies.
Speaker 1: Dogs.
Speaker 3: Somewhere in this whole thing, did you notice the background actor in the letterman jacket that quite possibly could be the worst background actor of all time?
Speaker 1: What was he doing?
Speaker 3: It was a girl and a guy and they are just so over the top, like just every motion was like crazy and they showed up again, like I was like, oh, there's the crazy girl in the letterman jacket again. They're so.
Speaker 1: Were they were they taking their moment, their opportunity, definitely, and.
Speaker 3: They're so that I'm like, I had a hard time paying attention to what was happening.
Speaker 1: Well, it was too big. The director would have said, hey, you know, calm down.
Speaker 3: Well the director probably said that and then still had to use the use it because that was nuts.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, if you if you defy a director in your background, they'll just you know, replace you.
Speaker 3: Jackie. How hard is it to pull up the scene so they can see, Oh good, she's already looking for it. I would it's right around where missus Kim says to to Zach, I'm not going to get in your way, So it sort of a little bit before that, and then after there's also a fur jacket that we should take note of that was fabulous in this scene. But yeah, everybody needs to watch this because this letterman jacket couple was just.
Speaker 4: While Jackie's looking. There was one other kind of funny moment going back to the scene where what's his name? I'm totally blanking remember his name? When he's at the Dragonfly and one little kind of Laureliism. I had to laugh when she said that she and Rory didn't speak for five months three weeks.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah days. Did you catch that? Of course? And I also math is like all weird, it was so good. And then she also says I hate your father and he says like, yes, so okay. Well, while Jackie pulls that up. This is where we sort of have the moment where Scott talked about where they postpone the wedding, and it's like she's trying so hard to be sort of supportive and okay with it, and you.
Speaker 1: Just right, but well she wouldn't be okay with it.
Speaker 3: It would no And she should have said that to him too. That was my other thing, make any sense? Like, you know, she says, do you want to postpone the wedding? Oh, that'll really help, and I just was like, why did he even say that? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Well Jackie also finds this. I think we forgot to say. Tickets are on sale now, So while you're listening to this, get your tickets, get.
Speaker 1: Your January seventeenth. iHeart Radio Theater and the stream.
Speaker 3: Is January twenty fifth. But I will say you don't have to watch it on January twenty fifth, So if you're booked up, you can get it, get a ticket to the stream, and then you have like two weeks or something to watch it again.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so dreaming. Availability is January twenty five for the next two weeks after that. Yep, yep, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so oh because.
Speaker 1: Last year it was only a week, it was only available for a week. Now it's two weeks for the stream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're making five and a lot of people always want to know, well, we air it as a podcast. We will never air it in its entirety as a podcast. There'll be some things you'll be able to hear, but you'll never be able to hear the whole thing as a podcast, So I won't say that too. So there is a reason to do this. So Jackie can't get us the video, so we'll have to watch it individually. But do yourself as a favorite. Oh maybe Jackie, you could even find it for Instagram. The Letterman Jacket girl.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about h that's the letter. Go ahead, Amy, What think was in the letter is my thing? Who knows it was the most nail biting scene. I was talking to TV says, so, what's what's a letter? Read it all out? What are you doing? I kept, I got up and I tried to look over her shoulder. It was weird too.
Speaker 3: I really was like, can you zoom in? At least I could shot it.
Speaker 4: There is, and I should. I should have found the link before we got on the air this morning. I didn't think to do it. There is, apparently on the Warner Brothers tour there is a copy of the letter are you serious? And it's on there's pictures of it. It's probably on like Pinterest somewhere. But and I can't remember now what it says, but the content is out there, at least as it was imagined by the prop department.
Speaker 3: Who oh my gosh what it really said? But okay, I think I have it. Hold on, oh man, I do have it? So hard to read? Okay, okay, got it? Dear Rory. So right now you're reading my sealed words of wisdom. The tormented, foolish but persistent Cad hangs off every nuance of your reactions, his heart and mind in a dizzying flurry of questions as to how the outcome will play out as you read this, delight in the knowledge that this love sick, cut off puppy maybe before you does not have a clue now Ordinarily, after a fool has taken my daughter's love for granted, if I did not kill him through a slow and excruciating, painful death, I would instruct my daughter, much like missus Havisham did to Estelle, in great expectations, to be cold blooded and calculating to dash his hopes and crush him. However, the decision is all yours. To make love is elusive and all encompassing. When you fall under its intoxicating spell, you have little recourse but to live out its devices. If you love this boy, maybe you want to give it another chance. Good luck, Love you mom.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's very it got out.
Speaker 3: Is amazing. Sorry that I couldn't read one or two words because it was cut off. And then there's lots of pictures of it on the tour. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: I thought the letter would read, uh, dear Rory, aliens have inhabited Luke's body. We must save him.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. And there's a handwritten note. I wonder if that's Lauren Graham's real handwriting.
Speaker 1: Mm.
Speaker 3: That seems like a.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Suzanne coming in with the knowledge we didn't know.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's do favorite lines. Uh, Suzanne, go ahead, what's your favorite line.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm gonna change the favorite line I had originally picked out, and I'm gonna go with when Rory comes over to laurel Ize with that big gift basket and she said something to the effect of, I don't know who Harry and David are, but they how to grow a pair like a little there.
Speaker 3: I'm still she said she wasn't a strangler, the whole strangler like call back and she said she wasn't a strangler. Back to eight mile too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was my favorite line, was laurel I saying to Taylor, what's what's going on there? Eight miles? Eight mile? And all right, what are we rating it? Then? What's your measuring sticks? Is in front?
Speaker 4: I'm going to give this, Uh seven point eight Taylor tracksuits?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Amy?
Speaker 3: Seven point five? Things of syrup?
Speaker 1: Things of syrup? Can you be specific.
Speaker 3: The syrup council that was testing the syrup out?
Speaker 1: Any cups?
Speaker 3: Many cups, many pictures almost, Yeah, like many things of syrup.
Speaker 1: Syrup or syrup containers. Many. You know I liked it better than sevens. Yeah, I listen, I'm going to deduct. I'm going to give it an eight point zero one seven three Oh wow, okay, a little better, and I'm going to give it and the measuring stick is going to be donuts. Krispy Kreme.
Speaker 3: Krispy Kreme. Those were Krispy Kream donuts. Good.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm giving it anyway. So all right, So that's going to wrap it up. Kids. Remember, get your tickets on THEEPS events backslash I hyphen m hyphen all hyphen in. Tickets are live right now for the big Live podcast event with special guest Sebastian Bach, Keko AGAINA Vanessa Mige shit so bad, I forgot I should have it in front of me, Amy, you do it.
Speaker 3: It is Vanessa Morano who plays April, Sebastian Bach who plays Gil Tiko, A Jaina who plays Lane, and Sally Struthers.
Speaker 1: Sally Struthers, I'll tell you that's worth the price of admission right there, just Sally Struthers. It's gonna be a free for all. We're gonna have so much fun there's there, it might snow. Who the heck knows it might snow and burbank for the first time in history. Anyway, next episode, Season six, Episode thirteen, five nights all right for fighting thanks to my intrepid cru Susan French Amy Sugarman. Tara Suit is on assignment in Kuala Lumpur and she's on a plane back to us from what I understand. And also another added feature for the live event, we're welcoming back the one, the only Danielle Roman, so we're very, very excited about that as well. Anyway, thanks for all your cards and letters, download smoke signals, everything coming whizzen through the cloud, paper, airplanes with messages on them, anything you can think of. Best fans on the planet, and we'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: Stay save everyone, Hey, everybody to forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.