Speaker 1: It's breaking Jeffrey in the morning, and we've got your awkward Tuesday phone call today. But first, yes, the debate that's waging across the country or just mostly in our comet section. After yesterday's second Date update, is land meat versus sea meat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, which one are you going to touch?
Speaker 3: Dex Van Hewnan commented, I still don't know is land meat allowed to drink water. I have so many questions.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like lad meat would be really dirty. That was my whole thing.
Speaker 1: It's like, if it's not allowed to touch the water at all, would be gross outside.
Speaker 2: But then some people kind of get it.
Speaker 3: Hey, buddy said, maybe she tastes algae.
Speaker 4: If we could taste pineapple.
Speaker 3: Or onion, I guess I kind of get it. So yeah, I don't know if this woman's insane. He dodged a bullet, Okay, Oh maybe lap meat she could eat lab Yeah, I thought you were talking about.
Speaker 2: A pet thief. Like that just got really darker.
Speaker 1: Okay. Anyways, well, we love your comments, love your debates, keep it going and sit back and enjoy your awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: Back in grade school, it was easy to tell if someone had a crush on you because you literally just passed them a note asking them to circle yes or no.
Speaker 4: That's actually a great point.
Speaker 6: And then, no matter what their response was, you actively had to avoid them for the rest of the entire year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, ballad, But as adults things get a little bit more complicated, especially if your crush is a friend at work.
Speaker 4: Oh Man, and one of.
Speaker 6: Our listeners says, the other night, there was a sign that maybe a romantic spark was happening with her coworker, and now she wants our help to gently nudge this friendship into more than that.
Speaker 5: How do we pass them a note though on the radio.
Speaker 6: And your career have to come with a better plan when we do your awkward to Tuesday phone call next, it's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 6: Awkward tension between two people who work closely together. We don't know anything about that on this show.
Speaker 2: It's sitting in the middle of it every day.
Speaker 4: Brook.
Speaker 6: By the way, if you wore underwear, you would have left it on my chair in the ax booth.
Speaker 4: We were all thinking it.
Speaker 1: They'd be really big panties. I say, I like a little tummy control.
Speaker 6: As a blanket insatiable workplace LUs because one of our listeners, Maya, is looking for some romantic advice about one of her co workers. I'm hoping no undergarments are involved, but let's find out, Maya. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Hi guys here, love your show.
Speaker 2: You don't wear granny candies, do you? Maya? So soon for me to ask you that.
Speaker 8: I am not a granny?
Speaker 6: Okay, tell us about the co worker that you're having this romantic tryst with.
Speaker 4: What's their name.
Speaker 2: Or a crush?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know. His name is Derek. He and I have always had a connection at work. We've been like friends, and basically I developed all these feelings for him, and every time I see him, it's just like he lights up a room.
Speaker 2: Cute.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what Brooke was thinking about me. You don't have to keep throwing it my way, Brooke.
Speaker 1: That new feeling of just seeing the person the oh god, it's just so good.
Speaker 2: It's such a good feeling.
Speaker 8: Yeah. So here's the thing. Like about a year ago, I kind of came up with this plan where whenever he walks into a room and whenever there's a group of us, I am just going to do whatever I can to build the bond. So basically I would always do my best to like linger and stay there until it's just the two of us in the room. And my idea has kind of worked.
Speaker 6: So it just waited out he's in the break room and you like poke your head around the corner, just like check on what he's doing.
Speaker 1: No, I think she just stands next to him room until everyone.
Speaker 6: Else then handcuffs him to a chair so that he can't escape. Okay, so he said that's kind of working.
Speaker 8: I think it's been working.
Speaker 1: Why do you think it's been working. I mean, it's it's just so vague, like.
Speaker 2: How long games?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that any guy would ever pick that up as you liking them.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, So last week we ended up finally going out with coworkers and getting drinks.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, okay, that's a good start.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I made sure again that I was like the last one there was Derek.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a good far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the two of you.
Speaker 8: Alcohol's involved, yes, but I made sure I just didn't drink too much and he ended up crashing at my place.
Speaker 2: Oh day girl.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I do know that he wears boxers. We did not hook up, but you know, he slept in my bed with his pants off.
Speaker 1: You didn't hook up and he was in his boxers and he's in your bed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was just like we I'm wore sweatpants, you know what I mean, Like we just.
Speaker 4: Got y attire.
Speaker 2: Did you guys cuddle?
Speaker 8: We kind of did, We kind of didn't.
Speaker 6: Like you smoked cigarettes together, a cigarette, passed one cigarette back and forth.
Speaker 5: Ever knows what happens when.
Speaker 4: Two adults.
Speaker 2: Cigarettes anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm just guessing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not like.
Speaker 4: So what happened?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, there was this moment in the middle of the night, and it was just so sweet and so tender. He kissed me on my back in the middle of my shoulder plate o.
Speaker 4: Interesting. Is that a romantic move?
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's first kiss?
Speaker 8: Yes, definitely for me. It's like so.
Speaker 6: Intimate, right, sure, But did you guys ever during the night kiss with lips instead of just back smooches?
Speaker 2: No, well her back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she thinks it's really sweet.
Speaker 5: Body kisses can be very sensual. I mean, it's not a horrible thing. It's just weird that that's his first to.
Speaker 4: Figure out what base that is? Like, is that like half half the first base?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a bunch.
Speaker 4: It's a bunch of it's a bunch of dugout.
Speaker 2: She's not even it doesn't matter. She liked it, liked it.
Speaker 4: Has that led to anything?
Speaker 8: That's kind of where I'm a little confused, because you know, we woke up it was really sweet, but going back to work, I was hoping like he'd asked me out and maybe end up in my bed again, right.
Speaker 2: Right, more than just back.
Speaker 8: Well, it kind of just like went back to the way it was, and I'm just not sure how to get it back to the rommantic.
Speaker 2: Have you guys not talked about it at all since that night?
Speaker 8: I didn't bring it up to him because that's kind of awkward, Like, hey, remember in the middle of the night you did this, But.
Speaker 1: He sounds like an awkward guy. I mean, that's an awkward guy move, isn't it.
Speaker 6: You're definitely in this weird in between friends and maybe more than friends space, So what do you want to do with your awkward call here?
Speaker 8: So basically, I guess I just want you to help me point the boat in the direction of romance.
Speaker 2: Romance. Okay, romance the love boat.
Speaker 4: I just came up with that.
Speaker 6: That's definitely not a fifty year old reference that we're bringing. We're going to give you some advice on how to push your work relationship.
Speaker 4: Throw your down the river of romanceday phone call, do it right after this. It's awkward. It's Tuesday. It's awkward, Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 6: If you had one shot to turn a work friend into a boyfriend after one back kiss, how would you do it?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: This music is getting me pumped up, Jeffrey question.
Speaker 4: That's the question that we've been tasked with today.
Speaker 6: And I'm being honest when I say, you really only have one chance to do this right. Because Maya has had a crush on her co worker for a year, they ended up hanging out together at a work happy hour and where the final two left at the restaurant, he ended up crashing over at her place, And even though they spent the night in the same bed, there was no romance, no lip to lip kissing.
Speaker 2: A little tiny moment.
Speaker 6: Just right in the middle of the night he kissed her back once and then went back to sleep.
Speaker 4: Now she wants them.
Speaker 6: To be an item, and I know how we're gonna do this, you do, We're gonna have Brooke give you the best advice that you've ever heard.
Speaker 1: I am a person who has told countless boys men that I have crushes on them in my life.
Speaker 2: In my life, I'm gonna tell you, though, my success rate.
Speaker 1: Probably less than twenty five percent. But listen, you gotta do what I shouldn't have done. Do the opposite of me, because I just always come out with it. I can't hold things in, and then it's like awkward and sometimes you get to thank you, you know, like, yeah, instead of how you're feeling, let's talk about how he's feeling. Maybe you say that you've noticed he may have some feelings for you. You leave it real general, and then maybe say maybe that's something we should talk.
Speaker 8: About the wait, Like, say that I've noticed he has some feelings for me.
Speaker 4: Yes, trick him.
Speaker 1: He kissed you on the back, he's got something going on, Jose.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 5: Well, here's what would work on me. Tell him that you had so much fun with him the other night and you want to do it.
Speaker 4: All over again, but.
Speaker 5: Only you two this time, no co workers involved.
Speaker 2: Okay, so just ask him out, ask him out on a date.
Speaker 8: Well, I guess I have a question. Yeah, once he said to say, oh I've noticed that maybe you have some feelings for me. Yeah, like what's the next step?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 8: What would you say.
Speaker 5: For him to respond?
Speaker 2: I mean you could just even say, am I reading that right?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 8: Am I reading that right?
Speaker 6: Remember Brook is twenty five percent success rate, whether you go with Jose or Brook advice.
Speaker 4: We're all really invested. We're all reading for you.
Speaker 6: And then you're co worker Derek right now and hopefully convince him to fall in love with you.
Speaker 4: Let's do that.
Speaker 8: Hello, Hey, Derek, it's Maya.
Speaker 9: Hey, what's gone?
Speaker 8: Hey? So I had a lot of fun last week when we all went out with everybody from the office. What did you think? Wasn't that fun?
Speaker 9: From what I can remember, it was fantastic. I can't believe some of the things that Nick said, but yeah, it was a good time. It was a really good time. Yeah, it's just fantastic you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had a great time. And do you like remember in the middle of the night that anything happened?
Speaker 9: Wait, I didn't. I didn't pee on anything today.
Speaker 8: Uh no, No, it was really sweet. You know, you kissed me but I mean not on the lips you just kissed. I mean no, they are either you just kissed me? Uh you you you actually kissed me between my shoulder blades.
Speaker 9: Oh it wasn't.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's not that big a deal, right.
Speaker 9: Get so Gotti? Are you serious?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, is no. I'm yeah, I do not remember that at all. And I am Oh you guys, I probably shouldn't have even spent the night there, because yeah, I was. I was just so out of it. So I'm very sorry. Few are offended.
Speaker 8: Actually I wasn't offended at all. I kind of I kind of noticed that maybe you have some feelings for me. And I mean, am I reading it right?
Speaker 9: What do you mean? Am I reading it right? What do you What do you mean by that?
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm just going to say it. I had so much fun the other night, but I was hoping we can do it again, and this time maybe just the two of us. What do you think?
Speaker 9: Wow? Uh okay, that's not what I expected at all. I yeah, God, I thought I thought you were gonna call because you just need to like help with your spreadsheets.
Speaker 8: Like, no, actually I want you back in my real sheets.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 9: What's happening.
Speaker 4: What's up, Derek Dereck. Hey, you're on the radio with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's something you can't say on the radio.
Speaker 4: But that's okay. We'll give you a porry.
Speaker 6: We're doing something right now called an awkward Tuesday phone call, trying to help out Maya sort out what happened between you two at her place.
Speaker 4: The other night.
Speaker 2: I think you know exactly what Maya wants.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they've been giving me some advice because I really just have had a crush on you lately and you.
Speaker 4: Couldn't tell based on the things you were saying.
Speaker 2: That's sweet.
Speaker 5: Well, the back kiss made her feel like you were trying to cross into more than a coworkership.
Speaker 6: So is there any possibility that might be true? Oh wow, not to put you on the spot or anything like that.
Speaker 2: But no, exactly to put you on the spot, No, no, just on the radio and stuff.
Speaker 9: I look, I legitimately a lot of the other night is very hazy.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you don't remember the back kiss at all?
Speaker 9: Oh God, God, but hold on, hold on. If I'm being honest, even though things were hazy the other night, I probably have feelings too.
Speaker 4: Really, I got nervous.
Speaker 6: Expecting that answer because I think I might have feelings.
Speaker 2: Let me have it.
Speaker 4: Okay, sorry, sorry continues.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Maya, I can't believe.
Speaker 8: I've ever this is like sometimes I could have.
Speaker 9: Expected, but I'm like, but honestly, I'm a little bit worried about running our friendship, Maya. And like the fact that it's at work is I don't know, it's doubly dangerous, and so it's.
Speaker 10: Like, doubly fun is what I don't again, Well, you know, I was just thinking that, you know, if you wanted to ask me out.
Speaker 8: Oh uh, the perfect moment.
Speaker 6: Wait right right now on the show. Yes, that's a good point. No one is listening.
Speaker 2: But you are so good at this, okay, Derek, Derek.
Speaker 4: This is your chance.
Speaker 9: Okay. Uh, Maya on the radio, I want to go get Subway with me at lunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 7: You like I do?
Speaker 9: I do. It's just no work. I'm so sorry. This has never happened to me before where somebody's asked me to ask them out on the radio.
Speaker 4: Who I welcome, man, Don't let brook get in your head. All right. I think subway is great.
Speaker 6: It's top fifty most romantic fast food chains in the country, because.
Speaker 1: You got a very like, what's the word unneedy person to go out with right now is just happy to she's chill.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 6: You guys go to Subway together, and who knows, maybe that turned into something else.
Speaker 5: Maybe it turns into the Baskin Robbins afterwards, and maybe.
Speaker 9: We could end up going to Red Lobster for nighttime date.
Speaker 6: Incredible little sheddar biscuit action with a back kiss on top.
Speaker 4: Count me in.
Speaker 2: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning. Oh that was cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want them to write us and give us an update. I know I need to know what happened.
Speaker 1: Either that or they went to Subway and it was a total like fail and that's why they're not.
Speaker 2: Could have been a bad way. Yeah, you know, you know that that was awesome.
Speaker 1: I love that people are writing in the comments about shipping them or being excited about them together.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One person competent said, my husband and I met at work too.
Speaker 1: We've been together.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven years, Mary for twenty one. I feel like the best place to meet someone is at work.
Speaker 5: I never knew that we said it one time on the show, like the number one place whatever, And after that day, almost everyone I talked to my sports like, oh yeah, well we originally made at work. Now we were different places.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, what the heck like to marry jeff Yeah, maybe maybe you could be promos first.
Speaker 5: I'm look at that for sure.
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it. And do we have another comment too?
Speaker 1: No, someone said Subway Red Lobster.
Speaker 2: This guy loves his chain restaurant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we do too, right, Yeah, you can't blame it.
Speaker 2: Show me those cheddar biscuits.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you so much for.
Speaker 1: Being here on our second day podcast, and hope you love the Awkward Tuesday happens once a week and it'll be back here next Tuesday. So yeah, don't forget to subscribe. It's brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.