Speaker 1: Get your hit us together and we're gonna start to party.
Speaker 2: Start. I'm running a party, the Elvis Duran after Party.
Speaker 3: What's so great about our visit with Juju Green this week is he's driving in his car on the way to Disney World.
Speaker 4: I know, jealous, so jealous.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen.
Speaker 6: The only false statement about that is I don't want people to think I'm driving like that would be very impressive and highly illegal.
Speaker 3: Of course, known as Straw had goofy on your socials. But Juju Green is here with us every single week to talk about what we're watching in the theaters and what we're streaming.
Speaker 7: Let's go. I love it every week. You always hit it out of the park. Let's do it again.
Speaker 5: Go all right for sure?
Speaker 6: Well, as you guys know, I've been on a like a boat for the last couple couple of days. But I still got some movies for you guys to watch. One big one, actually, just one big one, The Running Man, which is the readaptation of the nineteen eighties movie with Arnold Switzenegger. This one, this time around, is directed by Edgar Wright and is starring Glenn Palell, who, like we should talk about Glenn Powell for a little bit, because Glenn is he is the new movie star, like Capitol m capital s movie star, like he is trained under the wing of the likes of Tom Cruise.
Speaker 5: He just has a charisma. He has the same type of charisma here.
Speaker 6: And from what I hear, this movie is a lot more faithful to the Stephen King adaptation the book. I haven't read the book, but for those who have seen the movie say that it fits very, very closely. And another thing I really want to talk about is Edgar Wright. The director. Edgar Wright, He's one of my favorite directors. He's director Scotprig versus The World, Baby Driver, my favorite zombie movie of all time, Sean of the Dead, And this is the first movie since Last Night in Soho and it has that classic Edgar Wright charm, that classic humor while also having like that fun kinetic energy match with music like The Running Manager.
Speaker 5: One of those movies that I feel like we all.
Speaker 6: Have to see because again, Egar right, Glenn Powell for all the reasons that I've named just now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Gandhi.
Speaker 1: So this is supposed to be fictional, but based on everything we've been talking about, it's about a guy who's getting.
Speaker 3: Hunted We talked about on our show, and it's like being hunted. Have you ever have you ever killed in an animal.
Speaker 5: Not intentionally? I guess quite a few.
Speaker 4: I loved this in front of my family.
Speaker 3: Glenn Powell, by the way, he is turning out to be the new male superstar in Hollywood, including the fact that he's.
Speaker 7: A hoe Oh hey, is he really remember? But beyond that, he's I guess.
Speaker 3: I guess if you're a big swashbuck playing superstar, you can do what you want right.
Speaker 7: Also, but how is he as an actor and Running Man?
Speaker 5: Oh? He's He's pretty good as an actor. In Running Man.
Speaker 6: There is some moments where he kind of, I want to say, overcooks the angry man man at the system like trope. But once we get into him on the run and him having to interact with people, him having to use his charisma to kind of like get out of situations, he completely owns the role, like you know exactly what you're getting from him. But you know who was really surprising in this movie. Michael Sarah. Michael Sarah was really great in this movie. He's now a frequent collaborator because again he wants plays Scott Pilgrim and Scott Pilgrim's in the World also directed by Edgar Wright. But he just has this kind of like still this like comedic edge to him, but he brings this like weird gravatas, but he delivers it in such a debt pan way that's very humorous. He goes into a very like harrowing backstory all based off of his fear of a hot dog cart. It's such a weird kind of like performance, but it works perfectly for him. So he was definitely one of my favorite characters in the movie. But we also have Josh Brolin Coleman Domingo's in this movie, and he's just putting on his best like Johnny Carson impression, like he is crushing it in this role. So yeah, a lot of great actors, a lot of good stuff working for the movie that I think warrants to watching the theater.
Speaker 5: Excellent.
Speaker 3: So that's running man, Glen Powell, and check it out. If you're going to the theaters, that's what you watch. So what else you got for us?
Speaker 6: So I got one last thing for streaming, because again I haven't been able to watch a lot of things, but I think this is like definitely related. Since we're giving Glen Powell all the love. Have you guys ever seen hit Man?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Netflix, I did.
Speaker 1: I watched that movie.
Speaker 5: Oh hit Man is so good.
Speaker 6: So the story follows this guy who basically is kind of a social loser in life, Like he doesn't really have a lot of friends. He's socially awkward, and so one day he decides to just role play as different people and this ends up kind of like catapulting him into this world of not only getting a pretty, smoking hot girlfriend, but also like he might be mistaken as a real hit man. And it's so funny, it's so awesome, and it's so cool, and it really brings up these interesting concepts of identity who you truly are versus who you pretend to be. And again, I feel like Glenn Power. I believe this is Glen Pal's best role that he's ever done. In my opinion, this is my favorite Glen Powell roll. So Hitman on Netflix. It's a great watch. It's a sexy watch. It's it's it's a it's a really good one.
Speaker 3: Well, since Juju has been on the ship, do you have any recommendations for Juju?
Speaker 4: I would like you to talk about a very Jonas Christmas, which you want to be and I am expecting you to give me lots of reviews on holiday movies that are starting to now shoot.
Speaker 7: You want you to watch the Hallmark channel? Can you watch this Jujun?
Speaker 5: Watch channel?
Speaker 3: Watch a little It's the same movie over and over but with different actresses.
Speaker 5: You know what I listen. I'm a Christmas nut.
Speaker 6: Me and my daughter start celebrating Christmas on November first, we put up the tree, we getting our decorations up. So to be honest, this is right up my alley and I've been wanting to have a Hallmark Netflix Christmas movie marathon, like I think, let's do it like I have so down. So if you guys want, every week from now on, I will give you a Christmas movie recommendation. I'm a boss Park Channel and Netlik's along with your theater and streaming things, we're gonna talk about Christmas. You guys brought this on yourselves. Get ready for it.
Speaker 7: My heart is happy. What about you?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: I have a request which is probably on the exact opposite side of the spectrum here. I'm a documentary dork. I love them. What are some of your go to documentaries, because I just watched one called in War or in Waves and War and it was increasing ooh ooh.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 6: Okay, So before I get into my go to I will say I haven't seen it yet, but I'm really excited for the Eddie Murphy documentary that is that is popping out on Netflix.
Speaker 5: I believe it comes out this I believe it is out this weekend.
Speaker 1: It's out right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's out right now. So I'm really excited to like check that one out. I'm a huge Eddie Murphy fan, and after the John Candy one I recommended a couple of weeks ago, I am so down for some Eddie Murphy love. But as far as some of my favorite documentaries, if you want to go on the more sentimental value, I was a guy who played basketball in the hood for a long time. Hoop Dreams is one of the best documentaries of all time. I don't know where to watch it. I'm sure you could find it anywhere. It's like all over the place, but Hoop Dreams is one of my favorites. But I also highly recommend this is a Netflix documentary, Don't f with Cats.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was crazy. We brought that up when it first came out on our show, and it was nuts.
Speaker 5: Nuts, insane. It was crazy.
Speaker 6: How I don't want to say, like, you know, offing cats is like such a small thing, but it's crazy how these people just discovered like this guy which is being really rude.
Speaker 5: To cats, and discovered uncovered.
Speaker 6: This entire like like ring of like a murderous like guy.
Speaker 5: It was just it was insane. It's an insane movie.
Speaker 7: It was great, great storytelling.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So we have Running Man, we have Running Man, we have.
Speaker 7: Hit Man, and we have Don't f with Cats?
Speaker 5: Don't with Cats?
Speaker 7: So are you here to admit you've killed a cat?
Speaker 5: I'm I'm sorry say that again?
Speaker 7: Nothing?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I see the lights behind you were getting pulled over on the highway on the way to Disney World.
Speaker 5: It's us. I'm driving, Juju.
Speaker 3: As always, we love having you on and we daren't step foot in a theater or watch anything streaming unless we talk to you. Juju Agreen of course, straw Hack groupie on your socials.
Speaker 7: Thank you. We'll see you next week and have fun at Disney World.
Speaker 5: Yay, I'll take plenty of picture for you guys.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much for say thank you, Thank you, Elvista Ran after party