Speaker 1: My hair is parted on a different side. I don't even know what happened. Who are you right now? I don't even know. I'm showered at least, and feeling so much better. Oh thank god, Yes you were knocking on death's door. Oh it was miserable. It was miserable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, much better now and back to like actually getting exercise and being a normal human. And then there's nothing like the other side of being sick, when all of a sudden you're like, I can do anything, and laundry.
Speaker 1: Is exciting because you're just glad to be out of bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're just glad that things don't hurt.
Speaker 2: Right, You're like, I'd love to go get the mail, right, Like, it's just simple things. So I'm very excited for today's guest though. Yes I have to show you something. Well, it's really nerdy and I'm excited about it. Okay, I don't okay, I can't really see it back there.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But I I have completed my Lego London phone booth and double decker bus, which my mom got me for Christmas to prepare for our big trip to the UK that's coming up in May, and so yeah.
Speaker 1: So I have completed it.
Speaker 2: I'm now ready to go, and my little nerdy self has been very happy.
Speaker 3: Who needs a packing list? All you need is a Lego set? Now you are well?
Speaker 1: You know what I will say, they make for very uncomfortable underwear. But it's a little rigid, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, places, it's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and forget about like getting it off and on, you know what I mean. Like it takes you got to really build yourself into it.
Speaker 1: So it's like a like a suit of armor kind of.
Speaker 3: We'll get searched at the airport. They're gonna pat you down and be like whoa right, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: That won't be obvious, you know, just someone in a full lego suit. No, no, no, this is what I wear every day. This is fine. Yeah, it was crazy American.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just are you a minecraft figure, ma'am? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Excited for your trip? What countries are you going to again?
Speaker 1: You're going to England in Scotland.
Speaker 3: England and Scotland and Scotland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're doing a little trip.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun and I'm gonna probably continue to talk about it because I'm actually getting really excited and we too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I won't here all about it. You know, I lived in England for a year. I know, I know work so not London. It's two hours north of London and work.
Speaker 2: Well, we're taking the train all over going London to Penzance to corn and the Penzance Cornwall to the Cottswalds and oh yeah, and then yeah it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 5: And the further north you go, the less able you are to understand the accents right right, Well, when you get to the North Housectland, you're.
Speaker 1: Like, uh huh yeah.
Speaker 2: I usually just saw it was some video the other day and it was like what what people think when they meet you know, the like.
Speaker 1: The Northern British or whatever.
Speaker 2: And it was like some dude talking and no idea what he says, but the other guy completely.
Speaker 1: Was like uh huh. And they're like, yeah, it's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like are you from Scotland or do you need like an E N T?
Speaker 1: Like are you right?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, you're in your throat? Do you have a disorder in your.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be awesome. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: We have an awesome Scottish tour guide named Jerry that my mom has had several friends from her Outlander group because she's you know, the Outlander group.
Speaker 1: They all have gone to Scotland because that's where they shoot that show.
Speaker 2: And so we're hitting a lot of the a lot of the points from that show that my mom's always wanted to see.
Speaker 3: Man, she is going to be living the life. I can'ot wait for you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I've started my I've started my preparing by building legos.
Speaker 1: Okay, the puper excited.
Speaker 3: All you need now is a passport, Like, you don't need to prepare anything.
Speaker 1: Right, I can make that out of legos. Yeah, that'll fly. They're not they're not questioning things like that right now at all. No, it would be very easy to get back in. The Count's just in and out like butter, Yeah, how are things with you? What's going on? Anything new? Anything exciting? Well? No, I have I have a new retainer. Like this is what's exciting in my life? Is I have got my Yeah, I got my permanent retainer. Oh like the one I have? Yes, mine, I got it removed.
Speaker 5: I got it removed because it was like ten years old. It was so big and my the dental hygienesis is always like, I've never seen one this large. I can't get into the cracks, and I'm like, okay, so.
Speaker 1: They removed that.
Speaker 3: I got and I got fitted for a new in visile line with like a parane retainer.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Zoe's been doing those two. Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 5: I was fully expecting, like the gut, like the what do you call it, the putty, the silly putty type stuff that they stick in your mouth, and they know they don't.
Speaker 1: Do that anymore. They don't do it. It's it's they like they digitally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had to survive them putting a gigantic mold in your like a metal plated thing stuffed with silly putty.
Speaker 1: Breathe through your mouth. Oh, I thought you were going to choke. You thought it was going down your windpipe and gonna solidify. It was off because you have to hold it there for like three minutes, three minutes. Yeah. Yeah, so you're like, oh, oh, it's gross awful.
Speaker 2: I survived so much of that between braces and jaw surgery.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I forgot my mouth somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh jeez, Well I'm glad you survived.
Speaker 3: I survived the digital one is it's very easy.
Speaker 1: You can and you can watch it on the screen. I've seen them do it with the girls. I'm like, this is so cool. Yeah, so cool. No, it's exciting. My permanent retainer on the back of my teeth and I got that over twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh, it might be time for it.
Speaker 1: It might be time. Only one.
Speaker 2: No, it's in perfect shape. Only one little bracket popped off like a year and a half ago.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well then why if it ain't broke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. It ain't broke, don't fix it. So yeah, you know, I had to fix it once and that was it.
Speaker 3: And I have to give a shout out to Christine Licn because the dentist was very impressed that I've been using Coco flaws.
Speaker 1: Since here we go. I am all about go.
Speaker 5: I'm not using the cocoa, the cocoa toothpaste, the Coco They have the little toothbrush heads for your electronic toothbrush. Like there's a whole line and I am not fully into it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's great. It makes a difference.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, floss is saving lives.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is that's quite a sponsored people know this.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. This is just genuine, genuine love for cocoa floss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Christine Licn was talking about it on our pot swap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she gives it away for holidays. Yes, hey, you know what you're getting for Christmas? This year's journey.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get it from you and her, And it's gonna be great. I'm gonna be just a wash and cocoa floss. You'll be set for the for the next year easily.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Christine, so scal Uh listens to a lot of audio books, and you know, Christine reads audio books, like that's one of the things that she does.
Speaker 1: And so he got to the end of a book.
Speaker 2: And there was like red bye so and so and so and so and Christine lacoln and he was like, oh, but it sounded kind of familiar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So did he not recognize her voice when he was I mean he did. I think he did, a little bit, but it was you know, out of context, you don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he wasn't thinking, oh, this is a right, And I don't know that he's like hung out with Christine enough to be like, I recognize that voice.
Speaker 1: You know what, it's like, very distinctive voice. I think I can recognize it anywhere.
Speaker 3: But I guess if you didn't grow up on Step by Step, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I was gonna say, if you didn't grow up with her, it might be yeah, a little different. Uh, what else is going on?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What else we have? Gem's not here yet, so that's fine. We're just we're just pre show chattering. Yeah, we are chattering.
Speaker 6: Weird.
Speaker 1: So how is your weekend? Did you do anything fun other than a new retainer? I mean that's that's I don't know. I don't know whether pretty excite for anything else. Top that's just that wipe shout.
Speaker 5: You're you know, No, it's all well, it's competition season for show choir for Felicity show, this show.
Speaker 1: Every weekend. She did one at Disneyland last time, and so we're busy with that.
Speaker 3: This weekend she's going to San Diego, Okay to do like a national competition down awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's she's very busy. Thank goodness.
Speaker 3: This is the last competition this weekend, because it's intense.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So my mom is loves show choir and the high school I went to, lost A Meadows is like, they're yeah.
Speaker 3: There known for their show choir.
Speaker 1: They're legendary.
Speaker 2: Yep, they truly are. And my mom goes to their Christmas show every year. She's like, you would not believe how impressive it is.
Speaker 1: These kids are so talented. They're so talented.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they and they all work so hard and I love it. So I'm glad Felicity is enjoying that.
Speaker 1: Oh she loves it.
Speaker 5: And her the choir director for her choir is a low salamidos alumnae.
Speaker 1: So who is the choir director?
Speaker 3: Molly Gooch?
Speaker 1: I think I know that name. Wait are you serious? What you're that's pretty young? What's you know what I'm thinking of? I'm thinking I have a comedian friend with the last name Gooch, And I was like, yeah, I know that. No, wait, that's a different person. It's a pretty distinctive name. Like, hey, what's up, goot? Yeah, yeah, come on Gooch like rolls off the tongue. It really does it really does.
Speaker 5: I know if any of the students, if any of the choir students are listening to this, they're going to be.
Speaker 1: Like missus goucc right shout out.
Speaker 3: On the how Rood podcast, rights will be mortified, mortified, well than.
Speaker 1: Even more reason to do it. Sorry, yeah, you say it too fast and it sounds entirely different. So yeah, I just want to Yeah, well shall we? Shall we enter our guest? Yes, let's doing shadow puppets. I don't know so well. Hi there, Fanerritos.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to a brand new episode of How Rude Tanerritos. Today's guest is one you've heard about many times, from being the talented Fuller House prop master to photo bombing pictures of Jody and I and countless other people in his legendary bright Yellow Talks.
Speaker 1: It's Jim Falkenstein.
Speaker 5: Oh, we can't wait to chat with another prop master from our set and dive into all of the crazy responsibilities that they bear.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a fun one. So please put your hands together for Jim.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 6: What sha Hi?
Speaker 4: Jim?
Speaker 1: I love that your screen name is Falcon Props. That's such a great screen.
Speaker 6: Drag a word? Follow where?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: We're so good to have you on the show. You can't tell we don't wear pants?
Speaker 4: Like what?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why start now?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: He's just he's got his his yellow Tucks pants on, but not the top of this time. Yeah, yeah, it's just the pants that.
Speaker 5: I was wondering if you'd show up wearing your yellow tucks. I was kind of like wanting to make a ager.
Speaker 6: I retired the tucks officially.
Speaker 1: Okay, because I retired me oh got it, got it.
Speaker 4: And so then I put in a loose box, you know, like I was gonna like, yeah, it's a great collectible and sits in a closet in uh my kid's place in Los Angeles.
Speaker 6: Uh, I mean, it's ever appropriate. Really should be in a closet.
Speaker 2: It needs to be hanging on a wall. That's a that is a that's a monument in and of itself. She just sort of it's like in the like just standing there in a mannequin and then just all of the photos of you photo bombing people in it and be like this was yeah.
Speaker 6: The same Migra Jody. If you could talk to my wife about that on board.
Speaker 1: Right, you need an entire rite.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna let her know me, Like, there needs to be an entire yellow tux room.
Speaker 1: It just has to be like devoted entirely to that. It's important. It's a cultural touchdown.
Speaker 9: You met Michelle Lally in the hit Bravo show The Valley. You met me literally during the most difficult chapter in my life. Now it's time for you to meet the real me Michelle Sennie. Yes, I changed my name and I want you to follow me on my journey to the Pursuit of Sassiness. So much has happened to me before, during, and after the show. Before you can really understand the eight weeks that you saw on TV, I think you have to know what was going on from the very beginning, from being raised by two immigrant parents, paying my own way through college and working at Hooters, to starting my own real estate empire, getting married, having a baby during COVID, to that very same marriage falling apart on national TV, to losing my mom to eventually finding love again. There is so much to unpack and share. I'm on the pursuit of happiness and most importantly, I'm on the pursuit of sassiness. Listen to Pursuit of Sasiness starting on March seventeenth on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 6: So I do have I did make a book.
Speaker 1: Are You Yellow Tucks?
Speaker 6: The Book All the.
Speaker 4: Bombs from all my shows for thirty years and people who are going, what are you? Weirdo was talking about I would wear this dumb tucks I was working on a show and then like, while you guys are pre shooting something, everyone's really like into their thing, and I slip on that dumb tux and I'd sneak in the background and I'd go like this and I photo bomb and most of the time people were like, what's that?
Speaker 6: When did we We haven't seen where the guide who's saying I just go away and everyone goes whatever.
Speaker 1: Was great.
Speaker 2: They were like it was like big Foot sightings, you know what I mean, because you just kind of be in the background, like, hey, yeah, it was great.
Speaker 6: It was fun to do. It was fun for it was fun for the crew. Everyone got to kick out of it. Crew guys would take the picture.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, so it was all beat beatle love take pictures. I got pictures with Debra all the time, and yeah, it was a fun. It was a whole family thing, like like this show, I mean, and and it only works on good shows if you got like everyone's in a you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, everyone's having fun together and like enjoying the vibe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that was you guys, and that's what you know.
Speaker 4: It was like one But I'm going to say my top three favorite shows I got, Well, I got a couple that I worked on longer.
Speaker 6: You guys are only two years, that's true.
Speaker 1: You're only the Yeah, you're only the last yeah, the last two yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So it's just a lot long enough to crack into the top number one spot.
Speaker 1: That's okay, I'll take top three. That's you know what I mean. But what are the other two? Like, what's like, what else do we got to take out?
Speaker 6: We're going to original Reba show?
Speaker 1: Okay and a half years.
Speaker 6: So that was another fun everyone hung out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it seems like a great show each.
Speaker 4: Other talking on the weekends or whatever. That's super fun. And then there's a show called True Jackson m uh and I just everyone was. I knew every it was the right age. That was the right age for all the you know, like if you're the same age as the show, people like you guys right along more with you guys than the Elias or you know, Michael or anything.
Speaker 1: I mean like, yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: Well, it would probably be weird if you were hanging out with Elias and Michael. People might go, why is Jim hanging out with them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so right, Jim's just in there playing video games.
Speaker 4: That I mean not to say that weird stuff doesn't happen on a show. Is I was there from what I heard. I wasn't there early on.
Speaker 6: I got I came in when the new show runners started.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, right right, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Right, And so there's some drama before me.
Speaker 1: Oh there's always drama right right with problem. There was drama, prop drama.
Speaker 2: I don't think there was trauma, okay, just just in general upheaval of changing everything over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, were you were you prop master when there was a fire in the prop room and we all got evacuated.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's during your reign for lot. That wasn't you looking? That was the other guy?
Speaker 5: Okay, well maybe that's why he was fired and you had to come in because there was a fire in the prop room.
Speaker 6: Mostly you're you're you had a security guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's right, and I and I think he was the one that like that was like, hey, something's on fire, and and we all thought, wait, you probably remember the story about I don't know why I'm not remembering all the details right now, but it was.
Speaker 5: It was during an episode where John Stamos was was a guest start that week, and he he was doing crazy stuff in the kitchen as Uncle Jesse does, and there was something where the fire alarm there's like a fire in the kitchen and the fire alarm in the house is supposed to go off. So when we smelled smoke, we were like, oh, they're just testing that seat.
Speaker 1: Nobody paid attention the fire alarms going off. It was God, that's right. I remember. It was like b and we're like rehearsing down the stage like that's somebody's gonna do with that, not paying attention. And then all of a sudden, like I.
Speaker 2: Just Chris Jensen was like okay, everybody we're at like just cleared everyone out and we were like, oh wait, it's really on fire and yelling.
Speaker 6: At the sound guy, guys, we're going to turn that down.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: And Chris Jensen, who's just the most cool headed person, he's our first dad. Uh, he was just He's the person you want in an emergency because he did not panic. He was just like, okay, everyone, if I can have you exit this way, and you have to go out these elephant doors.
Speaker 2: Not those elephant doors right there. Something you want to be like your your flight attendant, you know what I mean? Like if stuff goes to south, you want someone like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Really he's very good. He's great with you actors because you're very sensitive. Don't want to get the actors.
Speaker 2: No, no, we have to be invited to set. We can't be told that it's time to come down. We have to They have to invite us. You're being invited.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm not. An invitation implies that I could say no. Why do they say it like that? Is that because it's because actors are sensitive little creatures, so they have to we're not. Well, we're not.
Speaker 5: But I didn't know if they were just trying to keep us out of their hair while they set up the lighting and the thing and the thing and the thing, and so then they're like, oh, you're invited to set now, rather than saying get down here, Jody, Like, it's a nicer way of just being like you're invited to see.
Speaker 10: Well, it is.
Speaker 1: It's a nicer way.
Speaker 2: But I think it's also like I think there are probably those people that are like you can't tell me what to do, and so if you invite them, it gives it again. They they're like, I could say no, but I'm gonna say yes.
Speaker 1: And then that's I think that's it.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to start inviting my children to do You're invited to the dinner table.
Speaker 6: And they go, who whoa, whoa? You were not invited?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I'm sorry you're you weren't on the list. Yeah, I'm sorry. What what did catch on fire?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 4: The kitchen in there that has stolen everything and we have, yeah, got all that stuff, So I'm gonna.
Speaker 6: Assume it was something illegal. Let's just make it more excited. It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was definitely something explosive. They got smart after a while and just took the fire alarms out. It was much easier.
Speaker 5: That Proper room, man, that like it is just such a it is such a cool and bizarre place, like wow, there's so much to look at.
Speaker 3: You don't know where to look like you're like, oh, I remember that.
Speaker 4: Place, proper room for actors and people just to meet outside craft service and like the corner where room was coming from here and there.
Speaker 6: It's a great little meeting spot too.
Speaker 1: Oh it was perfect, fantastic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you organize, like do you have an organizational system for your props in the prop room or.
Speaker 1: Do you just like kind of throw stuff from evolves? O?
Speaker 4: Well, like like I came in second like the last two years, right, so some other guy who's already there, certain things were already kind of where they had already thought about.
Speaker 1: Right, and then he lit things on fire and then that was that.
Speaker 6: After the fire. Yeah, right, yeah, there's a clean slight for me. I can do what I want. But no, it's it just kind of evolves as you use stuff and then you change.
Speaker 4: You figure out what shows use more of this, So you got more kitchen stuff here and mar shows and you know it was like how many mugs can you guys have?
Speaker 6: Not enough? Is what?
Speaker 2: I So many mugs, so many mugs. Yeah, I still have my mugs. I had my my s mug yeah that we used on the show.
Speaker 6: That's right. Yeah, you stole that and you stole your sailor gut I did.
Speaker 2: I stole the sea pappy head the marriage right off, just right off his body.
Speaker 1: And then I got caught and they told me that I couldn't do that, and then I had to return it and wait.
Speaker 6: For it later. There was a lot of thievery at the end of the show.
Speaker 3: Oh Pape was wild people before Market.
Speaker 1: Free for All.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: People because the whole last week everyone's like eyeing stuff like that over there.
Speaker 1: I'm taking it. I'm taking and it was like curtain call. Just yard sale, you know what I mean, like just people, I'm ripping.
Speaker 2: I took stuff off the walls, mugs see pappy head Yeah yeah. Catherine uh was Kathy was the one that that came and as I was putting it in my.
Speaker 1: In my car, was like, uh wait, wait, wait, wait wait, we need to log that. And I was like, well, the rest of the bodies in there, like what are you gonna.
Speaker 6: Do with it? You know?
Speaker 1: I think it was Core.
Speaker 5: Was it Coral or line producer who was walking up and down the dressing room hall looking for you.
Speaker 1: He's seen Joe. Yeah, I don't know. They were for me and I was like, go go go get in the trunk. Yeah I got caught.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think there was a fight for the front door. I remember that. Well, want that Steve, Yeah, Steve Kowski with the show runners wanted it. But so he goes, how do I get this home.
Speaker 9: I go.
Speaker 4: So I got the Teamster to take it over to Steve's house and then this is uh and then word comes down and goes.
Speaker 6: Amos wants it or I'm like like what do you what do you want?
Speaker 4: They go send the Kingster back and came back over here, so go get the get the and then Steve Baldy healthy comes down and goes.
Speaker 6: Stas wanted it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're know this. I never knew that. I didn't know it either. I didn't know he got the he got the couch and the doors. John did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know if you know this. There was a double for the Little Sailorman because it broke in one episode.
Speaker 1: Well that's I have the double. I have the styrofoam head. Original one was the wood.
Speaker 2: I took the styrofoam head because it was just they had just stuck it back on the body and I was like, well that's easy enough to.
Speaker 1: The original one, the original Seapappy he was, don't till John, I'll steal that too.
Speaker 6: On switch. He just got me into this. I didn't.
Speaker 1: He was really great. He's like, look I just handle the props. I'm not I'm not here. I'm not I'm not the auctioneer. I'm not the one that makes these decisions.
Speaker 6: That was so fun. No one was like weird me about it was just super fun.
Speaker 1: Oh you should have heard what happened. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 10: It was it was.
Speaker 1: It was a fight. It was really awful.
Speaker 2: Restraining orders just against the sea Pappy though, we had to keep him away from people. Yeah, it's worth every worth, every.
Speaker 1: Moment of it. I would have back to how you got.
Speaker 2: I'm always fascinated by everybody who like gets into this business and stays in it for thirty years doing I mean, we're such an odd little crew of people and I love it and it's so wonderful. But like art department and props, I just always find to have a special place in my heart for being who like the most off the wall creative, Like I need to build something and it leads to look like this, and you're like.
Speaker 10: Okay, welcome to casual chaos, where I'm telling my story unfiltered, unedited, and unapologetic for a moment you didn't see on camera, to secrets nobody dared to spill. I'm bringing you behind the scenes like never before. I'm talking love life, because let's be real here, it's been a journey wellness and the truth behind me, the headlines.
Speaker 1: And of course I've got the receipts.
Speaker 10: Plus I'll be sitting down with some of the biggest names in pop culture for casually chaotic conversations you won't hear anywhere else. So pour yourself and espresso martini and get ready because once you start listening, you'll be waking up in the morning thinking about so many things. Listen to Casual Chaos starting on March twenty fourth on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a weird it's a weird thing.
Speaker 4: It's a I mean I got into it because you know, I was gonna came into town from Cleveland, Ohio.
Speaker 6: It was gonna be a I was gonna write, you gonna do it, let's be a writer. I didn't know anybody or where to go, what to do.
Speaker 4: So you just kind of like meet people and they say, hey, work on this thing with me, and I'm like you start doing it, and you're going like, I'll.
Speaker 6: Breaking it this. I could do props, and so I fell into the prop thing and then once you get.
Speaker 4: Going, you're like going, like, wait, if I get in the union to get paid a lot of money, you could do that.
Speaker 6: And then you know it's just I think you there's a temperament. I mean, you could say it's a stereotype, but each department is a certain type of human.
Speaker 1: Right, absolutely, absolutely, And it.
Speaker 6: Seems pretty consistent. Showed a show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're like, like, I getting the props. You've got to have a good uh temperament to get along with people and to work very hard on something as quick as possible and make it look good for a very short amount of time, just long enough for it to be on camera and then be able to have someone go like that's the wrong size and I want it smaller and bigger and two mo those and four of those.
Speaker 6: You got to be not take it personally, throw your genius in the garbage.
Speaker 4: You can go make more genius and move just be able to move from thing to thing, to think to thing and not be invested.
Speaker 6: In any of the things.
Speaker 8: So people say like, wait, what's your favorite prop that you saved because you know you cherish it so much and blah blah blah, And I'll go like by the time that Steve was over, I hated all the pro.
Speaker 2: I never wanted to see him again, right, want to see him again.
Speaker 1: I just always remember the root.
Speaker 2: The one that always stands out for me is the Rube Goldberg machine that you had to build for.
Speaker 6: Elias ring a bell writer's name.
Speaker 1: Steve said. He was like Steve, he was like Jim, spend all weekend on that stupid thing. Can't even imagine? Yeah, can you be an engineer this weekend, just for a couple of days, right, I don't if.
Speaker 6: You remember the Okay go video?
Speaker 1: Yes, I love those videos. They're amazing, amazing, and so people go, you know, like that, but it's small, oh right, because that didn't take them months and months to figure out.
Speaker 4: But I researched that and it was they had four JPL engineers on it for three months. I'm like, guy, this is also Cameron's fault because that was her first directing job. That episode was I think.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 6: And so Steve and Brian, two showrunners, come to go we'll do this this.
Speaker 4: I go, that's great. We have a prop meeting, you know, we have a reproduction. I bring out props to show them to people and they go, yeah, it's some of those, some of that, and I go, okay, so well, I'll make this up and you know, we'll shoot the first half and it'll fall and then to cut away to a actor's response and they're like, oh, and then you set it up again and do it in pieces, right, so it didn't all have to go at the same time.
Speaker 6: That's magic. There's Cameron's first time.
Speaker 4: I think they could be better if she didn't have to try to figure out what shots sick thing.
Speaker 6: We just shoot in one gosh, but we don't have that's why we have four cameras.
Speaker 1: Jo editing right, do you love me?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 4: So it's not her fault obviously, but it was like their idea was like this and so oh, I know they've got another Bob Saggat story too. So we're doing it in rehearsal and it's not working and they're always stopping. There's a little mistake here and there, and I think we got it to go perfectly once.
Speaker 1: That sounds about right for one of them, which it was fine, but in.
Speaker 4: Between there I'm setting it up, I set up, and I run back and I'm like this, I can't remember, come on, come on, come on, come on, and I'm over here and there's a Bob and so I think it was with Lori. There were Yeah, they were standing off to the side kind of watching it. Amused like, no, this is right, and he turns to her and.
Speaker 6: Goes, well, the guy's funny, though, like wait, I'll take it. I'll take it now. He was just saying he's not could be able to do this, but at least it's funny, Like I'll take a funny from Bob Stagger any.
Speaker 1: Day, compliment. Yes, indeed, absolutely so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that was the hell of a thing.
Speaker 5: Would you say that was your most difficult task while you were on Fuller House is the rope Goldberg?
Speaker 1: Yeah I would.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 4: And so I got a guy who helps me build stuff, Like you know, guy, he's a great artist, great sculptor, is great. So I'm like, okay, you got to come help me out with this thing, and he goes, he goes, okay, yeah, sure. We sit there at his house for two days like trying to build it. It's just not working.
Speaker 6: And I realized I'm like, oh no, he's an artist, he's a right brainer.
Speaker 1: I need it. You need an engineer, you need an engineer.
Speaker 2: Not right, He's going to make it look beautiful and really cool and do some cool stuff, but an engineer will actually make it work.
Speaker 6: So wasted two days, but you're right, he paid it It up.
Speaker 2: Looks great, yeah, yeah, gorgeous on the outside, but like the function reality of it probably not as much.
Speaker 6: Was a disaster.
Speaker 4: I mean it was fine, and then I watched the show. You watched the episode cut back and forth between everything. They never used that shot of.
Speaker 1: Course, of course, go figure. It's just it was just all that get you frustrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 6: They were all laughing behind my back.
Speaker 3: Well, we appreciated your genius and your hard work that.
Speaker 1: Week, so nobody else. We had gone down in legend that that and the signing.
Speaker 5: Of the props that I oh yes, we talked about that with with Steve.
Speaker 1: We told the story of Jody and the props.
Speaker 4: Came on, crushed every destroyed all the props. She wrote joy on everything.
Speaker 1: And then that was just amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, I am so sorry, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 6: That was so bad.
Speaker 1: That would also be right, Yes, that was also legend.
Speaker 5: Yes, do you remember if you guys had to go out and just get all new props, or were you able to scrub the sharpie off of the football.
Speaker 1: The foam finger. I would imagine the foam finger is done.
Speaker 6: Luckily we had your props. You always have two or three or four whatever it is, because you never know if it's not. Most people don't intentionally right on your stuff.
Speaker 4: But a lot of times things will tear going through a win somebody if after drops something in a scene and you gotta reshoot.
Speaker 1: It, you have to have more, right.
Speaker 4: You almost always have a backups of at least a couple, not two or three or four, unless it's a very special thing.
Speaker 6: I didn't make a backup of the Goldberg machine, just two of those.
Speaker 2: In case going yeah yeah, here's another option, I.
Speaker 6: Just yeah, yeah, So here's always got back.
Speaker 7: You've always got double dribbles, they say the business if you if you have one, you have none, because you only have one, you might as well just not even have any, because but you get halfway through the shot, and then if you lose it or break it, you can't you ruined the whole thing.
Speaker 6: If you don't even have it. They're like, what happened to the If.
Speaker 1: You don't have it, you got to work around and create something else.
Speaker 2: If you do, they're like, oh yeah, no, do that and then it breaks and they're like, now everything is all continuity is wasted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the beauty of the sitcom that we do. The state fun stuff like a full House or or you know, the fun sitcom stuff. They're fun to do. It's it's a little chilly. You can get away with, you know, doing something a little over the top. I think, I mean, speaking of over the top, Kimmy Gibbler pretty over there, I mean that.
Speaker 3: One and that character Kimmy Gibbler House. Yes, oh, the Gibbler House, the Gibbler House.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: And that's like what I when I came in.
Speaker 4: Like, there's two episodes, two seasons left that I come in for the last few seasons.
Speaker 6: So show up. I watch a couple I was in a full house person growing up. Sorry as watch either were we.
Speaker 2: That's why we're doing this podcast because we never watched the show.
Speaker 6: And so I watched a few and I go, okay, kind of you know, funny is quirky, give whatever?
Speaker 4: And uh so that I did not realize the vast trove of Kimmy Gibbler items.
Speaker 6: That I was gonna be ow upon me, and it was like, why is she do She's what am I?
Speaker 1: They go like all these things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Kimmy Gibler walks in with a book. I go, okay, show no Kimmy Gibler book. So it's like a wild thing.
Speaker 3: Like well, I remember, I think Jody and I were giving you ideas too.
Speaker 1: We're like, we need an Ostrich or we need a picture of an Ostrich. Oh that's right for the Gibbler house. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you made or created or something a big portrait. Play a life sized portrait of an Ostrich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the wall. I mean, as you would memorialize a beloved pet. Yes, Gibler lore.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: Well that's the fun part is that when you're working, you know, you do the basic props of whatever you're doing, and then if you get fun people that have a fun idea, you want to.
Speaker 6: Do it for them. So when you guys come, you know what I mean. So yeah, it's extra.
Speaker 4: And it's like if you know, if Eliah came to me and said I want blah blah blah, go, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: You might break it.
Speaker 2: You're probably gonna break it, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, and that wraps up part one of our interview with Jim Falkenstein. We could ask him a million questions, from being propmaster on Fuller to the famous yellow tucks he wears, to working on Tombstone, working with Val Kilmer, all kinds of fun stuff.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: So we are breaking this interview.
Speaker 2: Into two parts, So tune in this Friday to hear part two of our conversation with Jim Falkenstein. And in the meantime, you can find us on Instagram at how Rude podcast or you can set us an email at how Rude Tannerto's at gmail dot com. Uh, send us, you know, suggestions, emails, all that kind of fun stuff.
Speaker 1: Uh, just keep it, keep it PG, guys, keep it PEG anyway. We love you guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you Tanner Ritos for listening. Make sure you're liking and subscribe to the podcast, and we will see you next time. I remember, the world is small, but the house is full of Rube Goldberg machines.
Speaker 1: Nightmare. So it's the entire house is one. We've just built it into a giant. Yeah, that's like the Doonies Gym's worst Nightmare.