Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington welcomes Ginger Billy May ninth through the eleventh, Then from White Famous, catch Jay Farrow ME sixteenth and seventeenth, and don't miss Rocky Dan Davis ME twenty third and twenty fourth. Comedy Off Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty eight years later. Call eight five nine two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Up Broadway dot com Comedy Off Bay.
Speaker 2: Welcome everyone, It is Kentucky Sports Radio, Friday, May the ninth. I'm Matt Jones here at the Kentucky Skincare Center in Owensboro, Kentucky, where we are outside and it's a little bit chilly, but a packed house. Look at everybody here in Owensboro. What a great, great turnout this morning in May. You can give SHALLT Clark's Puppet Shop five phone line eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 3: A Vision Auto.
Speaker 2: Glass text machine is seven seven two seven four five two five four in this distion sponsored by the TJ.
Speaker 3: Smith Loves You. Call TJ. I'll make them pay.
Speaker 2: Ryan. We I was just thinking when we pulled up here, I was with Mario and I said, we haven't really in the last year so been out in the state as much as we usually are. And I said, what a great place to go is Owensboro where you've always got a great crowd.
Speaker 3: And look at this group this morning.
Speaker 2: Fifty five degrees out here and everybody's sitting and enjoying it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it kind of feels like it's it's November. It's a little chilly out here today. But it's been a minute since we've been in Owensboro. Yeah, you're pretty regularly, but it's been a minute.
Speaker 2: This is your stomping ground here in Owensboro. Ryan went to Kentucky Wesley in college. K Dub's right, k Dub drew. You know the over the years we've been here a lot for various things. You know, you got the the barbecue festivals this week here, is that right?
Speaker 3: You had a lot of country music.
Speaker 2: History, NASCAR history here in Owensboro. I was telling Mario's we drove in Rex Chapman from here, and he said, really, we drove by French Lick where Larry Byrd there by the exit for French like a lot of history up this way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not my hometown, but not too far away, so I have a lot of fond memories here, like Ryan and maybe even you. I didn't necessarily dress for this morning's weather. I transferred to borrow code from doctor Skaggs over here. But it's a great crowd, great to be here in Owensborough. I forgot, uh forgot.
Speaker 3: I didn't think. I didn't know this would be outside, so I would have packed some different clothes.
Speaker 2: These are These are Arizona clothes, not exactly the same thing.
Speaker 3: And I didn't feel like I could pull.
Speaker 2: Out the swede jacket or maybe I should during one of the breaks and just wear that when when we're doing it. Well, we are into Kentucky Skins Cancer Center, and I have to tell you, I didn't really know what this building would be when I got here, but I got it. It's much nicer than I would have even imagined. Here where Kentucky Skin Cancer centered. They do uh check on to see if you have any potential uh dermat dermatological issues.
Speaker 3: But you could also get facials. It's also a wellness place.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is really really nice here in Owensboro and you have already gotten a facial this morning, right.
Speaker 3: You know they look younger than I I can remember in a long time.
Speaker 4: I know all of you keep saying I'm glowing, and I feel like I am glowing. It was wonderful. Crystal gave me my facial. It was wonderful, my first I've ever had. And I'm gonna get more and more and more. You're glow, glowry a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's good. I'm glad. Uh. Well, you know, I we when we were in Arizona.
Speaker 2: There was a spa there that did facials, and I have to tell you I walked in the spa at the resort in Arizona.
Speaker 3: I think this one is just as nice.
Speaker 2: And you can also get screened for skin cancer issues, et cetera. Billy had the doctor on. This is run by folks who went to UK and we thank you all very much. They call themselves the chick fil A of Dermatology, which I don't know exactly what that means, but it means it's probably efficient and well run.
Speaker 3: Closed on Sundays, close on Sunday. The Lord.
Speaker 5: The Lord does not want to facial on Sunday. I also got a facial. I have to say, I that might have been the best nap I've had in years. I had to get up at five am to be here in the moment she hit that calming music and put the towel on me.
Speaker 3: It was night night.
Speaker 5: I'm not even into really sure I know what happened, but it was an awesome experience.
Speaker 2: Well, let me first of all, thank Mario. He picked me up at the airport at eleven o'clock last night in Cincinnati, Ohio, and we drove through.
Speaker 3: The night to get here, drove down to Louisville.
Speaker 2: And then through Southern Indiana. We were in the middle of Southern Indiana, which if you've made that drive from Louisville to Saint Louis on sixty four, before you get off that is a really dark, desolate area, and then when you turn off the interstate before you get to the Owensboro gambling facilit that is a really dark area on that drive.
Speaker 3: And Mario just looked at me and goes, where are you taking me? During all this? And I could see why I'd forgot.
Speaker 2: You don't normally make that drive in daytime, but there is nothing between Louisville and.
Speaker 3: Owensboro at a lot of desolate space.
Speaker 4: Yeah, once you pass Cordon, there is nothing. Even the exits don't have anything there. So you better make sure you got enough gas to get all the way to ferdnon Dale Santa claus A.
Speaker 2: And we barely did. And that's the other things. There's nowhere, there's nowhere to style. So we pulled into the hotel there next to I guess the Texas Roadhouse and I we were on fumes. But we got here and glad to be here this morning after being in Arizona the other day.
Speaker 3: Ryan, there's a ton of.
Speaker 2: Stuff to go into, but I probably the biggest news again Kentucky and the world waits till right after the show ends to break news. The new pope was picked right after the show, first American pope of all time.
Speaker 3: A couple of.
Speaker 2: Things I found interesting about it. He's from Chicago. The Cubs claimed him as a fan, and then his brother went on TV and said, uh uh, he's not gonna say it, but he's actually a white Sox fan.
Speaker 3: The Cubs need to take it back.
Speaker 2: So the Cubs took an l yesterday and then he went to Villanova, like he just went to Villanova where he's they showed his yearbook first. Of all, people in the seventies looked a lot older when they were in college. He looked forty five in his yearbook. But his name is was just Bob. So Bob from Villanova is the new Pope. I find that really funny. Just Bob who eating Chicago pizza and Villanova's your newest Pope.
Speaker 5: That was my biggest takeaway on the show. Earl the This week we're reading the candidates and it's Pizza, Balla and Pietro, and.
Speaker 3: Then we just end up with Bob. You know, Oh Bob, I'm up the South Side. It's weird. They were interviewing his brother.
Speaker 2: He seemed like a normal guy, and I know, at the end of the day, the pope is just a human being. But there's something about just his brother sitting there in the background with a Walter Payton shirt and.
Speaker 3: Just being like, yeah, Bob, you know, we didn't think he was gonna be pope. We just thought he was gonna be Bob.
Speaker 5: He's in Florida when he did that interview with Yeah, he's just hanging out.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I gotta got tea time at three point thirty, I gotta go.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's nuts.
Speaker 4: I'm glad to hear him. They say he's a white Sox fan, because there's no way a bunch of Cardinals would have hired a Cub fan to be pope.
Speaker 3: Oh goodness, you waited for that one, dude, Thank you, thank you very much. I can be here all day. It's funny.
Speaker 2: I could see your brain spinning the whole time I was talking. I think you're gonna make some inappropriate joke and it was just stupid.
Speaker 3: But but I guess the crowd seem to like it, so there you go.
Speaker 5: But uh, Shaner Sanders also caught a lot of strange Yes, and if you're on Twitter, lots of memes. It took two days to pick a pope, three days to draft Anders, a lot of stuff like that. That's also I'm not I'm not encouraging it, but there was a lot of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, the uh, I will say, I watched, Uh, I watched on my phone. I watched the whole thing happen, and I'm not. I'm not Catholic, so you know, it's it doesn't have the religious significance. But I actually thought it was a really kind of powerful thing, all those people standing there, and then he comes out and he's clearly overcome with emotion. You know, they go into that conclave. We've watched the show, so we know, we know all about it, and he probably he wasn't even one of the top ten choices on the board. He's like rich strike coming from behind at eighty to one and he gets it. That had to be like a crazy, overpowering moment. And I thought it was really neat watching all those people, you know, crying, just sitting there or standing there on the crowd.
Speaker 3: I thought it was really neat.
Speaker 4: It is kind of powerful when you see they interview the people that are there in Saint Peter's Basilica and in the square in the Vatican and they are just bawling because they just want to feel a part of what's going on. Election of a new pope. Watched the smoke come out of the chimney, so it is kind of an I.
Speaker 2: Saw the smoke that felt like just regular smoke. I feel like, if they're gonna do it, they got to have better smoke. It felt like literally they may have just had a fireplace on.
Speaker 3: It didn't I was expecting a huge plume of smoke. That really hasn't how they do it.
Speaker 5: And I wondered, like, when he walks out for the Granderville, does anyone at that point know who he is?
Speaker 3: Just so you're cheering, We're like, I don't know who that is?
Speaker 2: That Bob, that pizza balla And they were like, hey, wait a minute, that's Bob. We were in front together at Villanova. How did he end up? How did he end up there?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: It was it was neat to watch. I don't remember there ever being this much interest in one before, do you. I mean in terms of like people talking about it's got to be because.
Speaker 4: Of the movie, the movie, the popularity of the movie. You know, it's it's got to recycled again. Now it's number one on Netflix or whatever the streaming sirs it's on.
Speaker 2: So it is kind of but clearly somebody knew, because I don't know, if you saw, you know, you could you could gamble on it. There was somebody that bet fifteen thousand dollars on him and ended up winning like one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars on him being picked. So I feel like they had a secret. There was some insider trading.
Speaker 5: I need conclave too to investigate this, like does someone really on the inside on their phone stepping in the room and betting are they sending out?
Speaker 3: I want to send a little bird out with the message.
Speaker 2: A significant amount of money, So congrats, And I know I saw Tony Venetti and a couple of Catholic people write how powerful it was to them, so I hope they enjoyed it now. At the same time, it got overshadowed a little bit because it's not quite as important. There was a decision that's not official, but it's kind of official coming that I think is huge for UK football. Some of the bet UK football has not had good news in the last three or four year, or at least two or three years.
Speaker 3: I actually thought this was good news.
Speaker 2: The playoff committee has decided to probably go to sixteen teams, not next year but the year after, so twenty five to twenty six. But the reason I think it's really good news for Kentucky is how they're gonna pick them. They're gonna be at least four SEC teams that are guaranteed a spot. Still that's hard for Kentucky probably to make. But each conference has decided that when the championship game occurs with one versus two.
Speaker 3: The team that comes in third in the SEC will play the team that comes in six that weekend.
Speaker 2: The team that comes in fourth will play in the team that comes in fifth, and there's essentially a play in game for now for the playoffs. So if you are in the top six in the SEC, you can have a chance at the playoffs. So you don't just have to come in the top four. You can come in the top six and even if you lost that game, you could still get in as a wild card. But you know, Ryan, we've talked over the years, would Kentucky ever make the playoff in our lifetime? And the answer for me has generally been no. When they expanded, I thought, wow, in a perfect world, maybe, but you're still looking at having to go nine and three or something like that. We've done that before, but sixth place. I've gone back through the years, Kentucky would have made the playoff that Josh Allen Benny Snell year. We would have been in that play in game for the playoff that year. So I do feel like this is big news. There is I do think there's a year where you have ten teams or twelve, you know, in a ten or twelve year period where Kentucky could find themselves at least once in that spot.
Speaker 4: I'm with you for the first time ever, I think I feel like there's a possibility Kentucky could make the football Not this year.
Speaker 2: To be clear, I don't think it's happening this year, but I do think there is a year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you mentioned that year they won ten games. There's been a couple of seasons where they were good enough and maybe they win a game here there. Yes, they're in the conversation, and now they've expanded playoffs. It's absolutely a possibility they get one of those good years they could make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I mean, there are eight conference games. There have been years where going five and three in conference could have if you won the tiebreaker, made you six. And you know, again, I don't think that's likely, but I do think drew for the first time. Depending on how long we live, we might see a year that we're in that playing game to get to play for a playoff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think we're ever gonna get in with the current format, So anything that expands our opportunities, especially now when the postseason football, if.
Speaker 3: You're not really in contentions.
Speaker 5: There's just more opt out, so it doesn't feel as meaningful as it used to unless you're in like a Citrus Bowl, which we were looking to have few years ago. But anything to get us some extra football that matters with Kentucky, I think that'd be awesome.
Speaker 2: I think it's great news. Now are you just overall put Kentucky out of it? Do you like going to sixteen? I mean, now you're gonna make it to where the big programs really got to screw up to not make the sixteen. Do you think it makes the red or season less valuable?
Speaker 4: I don't. Only we kind of like tournaments. We like the season ding tournaments, and you know, by expanding and we just get more opportunity to have good games. So I'm all for it absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought last year, even though the playoff games weren't very good, it was exciting, and people who said the regular season would be devalued, I didn't feel like it was. It had highest ratings of all time. I mean, I just think we're a culture that likes tournaments, so why not make as big a tournament as you can? I mean, last year you cared about Indiana regular season games whereas you would not have.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, and that was because of the expanded playoffs. Yeah, I loved it last year.
Speaker 5: I mean, there were a few early blowouts that weren't that entertaining, but just even having a Cinderella with the opportunity like in Indiana, just think, I really really think it adds to it.
Speaker 4: After we had, however.
Speaker 5: Many years it was Alabama and Clemson and Georgia opening the field. At least give some teams a chance to dream. Yeah, I totally agree with you. Now, Shandon's gonna join us in a minute. He is getting his facial right now.
Speaker 4: It's so good.
Speaker 2: I asked Mario if he wanted one. Marrio was like, no, I don't want that. They got you all got to talk you into it.
Speaker 3: Mario needs Mario needs a facial.
Speaker 2: He's never we had to get We had to stay up late off to see the doctor.
Speaker 3: There it is.
Speaker 2: We'll take a break. We'll be right back here at the Kentucky Skincare Center.
Speaker 3: It's KSR work. I'm back. It is Kentucky Sports Radio here live.
Speaker 2: I just learned, uh, I just learned news from my fellow horse owner here of simply joking that they're gonna run in the Ahrn Steaks at Belmont.
Speaker 3: That's good to see. We need to get the horse back.
Speaker 2: It's confidence, Drew need to get it back up after that Oaks performance.
Speaker 3: It's you don't want it to sit around and feel sorry for itself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you're on the plane when they got us all together and we voted last night by phone to make sure you keep it going.
Speaker 3: I long to vote for you that we're in.
Speaker 5: Sorry we miss you on that one, but we're very confident in the next steps.
Speaker 2: Very cool to see all the Kentucky shirts out here. This is honestly why the Kentucky fan base is so great.
Speaker 3: It is May, it is.
Speaker 2: Cold, and it is a Friday, and look and all of you guys out here in blue shirts.
Speaker 3: See. I mean, seriously, this is an up.
Speaker 2: You know, there is there is no other fan base and there is definitely no other radio show that would get a crowd like this. Thank you very much the Kentucky Skincare Center, UH for for bringing us here. Also, I said this on social media, but signed to do another year at ESPN with Meron Metcalf on Sunday Mornings, which I lash I'm excited about another year of Sunday mornings, of not having the Sunday morning off. But I mean, I'm looking forward to it. Mario and I drove yesterday. When we got in the car in Cincinnati, Meyern metcalf was on the radio, and when we got out, he was still on the radio and he was still talking about Steph curR and he was still talking about Draymond Green, And I thought, Man, when does that that dude works more than I do on this stuff.
Speaker 5: Maybe you'll have to bring him back for a merry Monday. I know everyone enjoyed him on these airwaves last summer too. He became a big part of the KSR group last summer.
Speaker 2: Two couple open lines, give us a shout and take your calls. They just announced this morning it was broken you and c Ryan has banned Bill Belichick's girlfriend from coming to practice anymore. So, first of all, what an amazing just story, like you know, a story has reached out when like my mom is asking me about it, I mean that this isn't a I mean, this is amazing that this has becomes such a big thing. Now banned from practice? U that was Now some people are disputing that, but Pablo Torre says, for sure, they interviewed people, you know, from where they met, all this stuff. Still dating, but banned from practice. What do you make about that part of the Belichick story.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's something that absolutely need to be done. It had become a circus and it was more about her and him than him in the football program. So he's there for to do a job, and that's to coach the football program, not babysit her.
Speaker 2: Oscar, he wasn't babysity. Sounded like she was babysitting him. It is interesting how the story is flipped because when it first started, you remember, it was like, what is this old seventy one, seventy two year old dude doing with this woman?
Speaker 3: He's like manipulating her.
Speaker 2: And then it's completely flipped and now everybody thinks the opposite. They think the woman is almost manipulating him. Either way, he gets she gets bamed. Which you're kind of like a dean of UK history. You're no Oscar Cones, which you've been around a long time. You may not want to say the name, but has there ever been in your UK lore a wife or girlfriend that the university kind of had to say, hey, maybe we don't need you to be as around or as visible. Well, uh, that means the answer is yes. So I would like to know. You don't have to say who, but you can tell the story because I don't. I don't really know of one I would.
Speaker 4: I would say that there was a person we all know that maybe was a high profile actress that maybe was told to maybe not be around as much. You know, some things were going on that maybe they weren't happy with.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, way to keep it anonymous, and you narrowed that down to one person.
Speaker 3: Way to keep it anonymous? What a bizarre way to tell that story.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think that was a distraction that maybe they would but.
Speaker 3: That was that wasn't at practice, wasn't.
Speaker 4: Definitely not at practice. Maybe in the door, or it's getting worse.
Speaker 3: You know, you you just turn your MinC off.
Speaker 2: Uh and or groan Drew at LSU had his girlfriend and she was apparently coming to practice and like yelling at people at practice.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what got him fired. So I guess I understand it.
Speaker 2: But again, I just want to think about what it's like at North Carolina. Can you imagine having to go to a man and saying you cannot bring your girlfriend to practice anymore.
Speaker 5: I just I can't imagine, especially when she's already on all the emails ce Seed on those. I just wonder at some point he's obviously very lost in love right now. Good for him, he's enjoying his relationship, but with all the criticism he's gotten from the CBS interview and now she's banned from the facility. At any point does he look in the mirror and he's like, maybe I am a little caught up in this too much?
Speaker 3: Did you see again?
Speaker 2: Now this we're getting into like gossip, But you know what the reality is, ma'am. Gossip is actually fun sometimes, to be honest with you. Apparently Bill Belichick was doing a commercial. This is a question again. This is according to the Pablo Tory stuff. He was doing a commercial that included having women in bikinis in the commercial. Now, let me just stop right there. How did he end up in that commercial? I know, I can't even imagine Mark Pope in a commercial with women in bikinis.
Speaker 3: I don't know how that happened.
Speaker 2: But anyways, in commercial, women in bikinis, and the story is that Jordan. His girlfriend got so jealous that Belichick might be distracted that she went and put a bikini on and then stood.
Speaker 3: There for the rest of the time.
Speaker 5: Oh, poor Bill, that sounds terrible.
Speaker 4: First of all, I want to be in that commercial.
Speaker 3: No, but I mean that it's crazy, is it not. It's very crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna keep up with North Carolina football already have more than I ever have before or ever will. I want to know every movement that Bill in that program makes moving forward, especially if she's banned from the building, because I you know, just outside speculating here. I think that will only turn up her crazy little bit if she's not allowed to be around.
Speaker 2: I think that's probably fair. I think the emails are gonna get get weird. Now on a current girlfriend now married, Colin Chandler got married yesterday.
Speaker 4: About the heck.
Speaker 3: The picture of the wedding. They look like a beautiful.
Speaker 2: Young couple's It was interesting to me they got married on.
Speaker 3: A Thursday in the morning. You know a lot of.
Speaker 2: People just have their wedding on a Thursday morning. But he is now married. And it continues a trend. Ryan, We've seemed like we've had more married players on the team in the last few years than I remember going back in the day.
Speaker 4: I mean, you have to go way back. I think if you find some basketball UK BASKETBA players that were married during the season going like in the seventies, and there's been some football players, but it seems like it is kind of odd for a basketball player get married while they still have eligibility that.
Speaker 3: Helps to be married, keeps you do from being distracted break.
Speaker 2: I've watched you, Drew Franklin changed, you do get focused.
Speaker 3: I expect.
Speaker 5: I already thought a big sophomore year was coming from him, but now he's just going straight home to his wife, probably early bedtimes. It's gonna be like it's kind of like when Billy Gillespie was married to basketball.
Speaker 3: We were so excited about that. Billy.
Speaker 2: You know, it'd be interesting Billy gilespie should have been because he was not. He he didn't certainly didn't act like he was married if he was. But I do it'll be it'd be interesting to see. You know, he won't be living in the lodge, right, that's gonna be different for I think it would be funny if they made.
Speaker 3: Her move into the lodge. But they will not.
Speaker 2: So that's also different than most UK basketball players. I was trying to think of UK basketball players that didn't live in the lodge. Oscar Shebley Again, going back to the conversation we had the other day of what of that weird two years?
Speaker 3: Oscar she Bleay didn't live in the lodge.
Speaker 2: The second year, and I don't know that I remember any player having done that besides him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that one year they were redoing the lodge, the whole team had to live off campus, and I think that ended up being team turmoil that year.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think but Oscar was everyone else was in the lodge and he lived somewhere else. Again, I think that was part of the contributed to some of the problems that year. We'll take a break period back here and know what's world the Kentucky Skid Care Center.
Speaker 3: This KSR quarterback.
Speaker 2: It is Kentucky Sports Radio here at the Kentucky Skidcare Center right off of New Hartford Highway. They got Kentucky's skincare centers in Bowling Green, Franklin.
Speaker 3: What's the name of the other town in Mule Powderly.
Speaker 2: And here in o One's bro And if you aren't here, this young lady right here will take you can make an.
Speaker 3: Appointment for uh for future skin care.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna maybe try to get one right after the show is over.
Speaker 3: Shannon is coming from his facial. Did you love it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: It was awesome. You should definitely do it. I think I'm gonna have to come back again another time. It's it's so relaxed, it makes it so good. Well, you gotta go back there and find out for yourself. And they put all these.
Speaker 3: Different zerum descriptions. Will they put.
Speaker 6: Serums on you, They exfoliate and they I don't know, I don't know all the terminology. I just know that I feel like I'm glowing right now.
Speaker 3: You are. You have a beautiful glow.
Speaker 4: The massage, that lotion in your face, then those little machines that come er massage. You felt like a buffer, like a face.
Speaker 2: Buff also, so you could do that here. But also everyone should get checked for skin cancer. There's I just saw recently and I know lost their father to it. And that's early detection is key on that can just take a minute, uh and they will check. So you could do that at all of these as well. And the doctor and other folks here will will help you if I'm nine two eight twenty two eighty sevens talk for a second. Drew baud otega Oway. He did an interview yesterday at an event in Portland in which he said, I am all into the draft. I'm not one foot in, one foot out. I have the year of eligibility if it doesn't work out, but I'm trying to make it work out. People read that as, oh, no, maybe he's not coming back, which would completely change the outlook of the team if that were the case.
Speaker 3: How did you read it at first?
Speaker 5: Just seeing that one sentence, I thought, oh no, that doesn't sound great. But also in the same interview, he acknowledged that if he doesn't have a first round projection, he's probably going back. So it just sounds like he's he's making sure he's all in on the process and trying to even said I believe I'm first round, but it still sounds like if I believe I'm first round, yeah, no one gives him that promise. I think he would be back, but uh, I mean it shows how committed he is to trying to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I've seen a lot of people online Ryan panicking about that here's what I would say. If you're interviewing for a job, what's the one thing you don't want to say at the job interview. I'm not sure if I want this job or not, right, Like, you don't want to say that. So this dude, if he's gonna go through the NBA process, he has to say I want to be in the NBA draft. No team is gonna draft him when he's like, I don't know, maybe I'm gonna go back to college.
Speaker 3: So I to me, that's a statement that he has to make.
Speaker 2: I've been told by folks at UK, unless he knows he's a first round pick, he's back. Reason being, he will make more money here than he will make as a first As a matter of fact, he probably would make more money here than he would if he was picked at the end of.
Speaker 3: The first round.
Speaker 2: But I think with the if you're at the end of the first round, you still get a guarantee of three or four years, so he would probably enter in the draft. But he's a second round pick, he'll make twice, maybe even triple the money he will make here as he would in college. So what that is in the pro So I'm gonna assume he's coming back. But I think he has to say that if he wants to really be considered, he's.
Speaker 4: Got to say the right things because maybe he does impress somebody and maybe they will take him as a first round pick. So he's got to say the right things in these interviews. He has to. But I said, did see some of the conspiracy theorists are out there? Well, that's why Mark Pope Whitten got Aberdeen because they know O teg Oway's not coming back.
Speaker 2: No, if we were to lose Uh, if we were to lose O tag Away, we'll go get somebody else. I mean, I think there's I think there's a really good chance if Oway were to leave, we're gonna see some magical European fall out of the sky. Uh, which is which happens, by the way, all the time, Just magical Europeans fall out of the sky. But no, I mean, if we were to lose him, we'll go get somebody else. This roster is complete, assuming no ways there if always not there, they're one player short, and I know they'll go find somebody. And the good thing about this nil era is you could take good dudes who played Pro bas basketball and They're an infinite amount dudes in Europe that have played pro basketball.
Speaker 3: You can find one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think the plan all along is for him to be back if he gets a surprise guarantee and someone convinces him to stay. You can also still go shopping and you will have a lot of money to spend because they've put a lot aside for him to come back. And if he were to not return, you can go out and get somebody really good.
Speaker 3: What That's another great point, Otega.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be the highest paid player on this I don't know his exact amount of money. I'm going to ballpark and this is just a guess. I'm not saying this. I have no idea exactly what. But let's just say it's a three million dollar things. That's where my mind would be on its three maybe three and a half. All these dudes that are left in the portal, you can get any of them.
Speaker 3: With that amount of money.
Speaker 4: Get all of them.
Speaker 2: I mean you can get any of them that. You can get all of them. But like, think about who's still in.
Speaker 3: The portal, all right? R J.
Speaker 2: Lewis Junior, the kid from Saint John's still in the portal.
Speaker 3: PJ.
Speaker 2: Haggarty, the nation's leading score last year, still in the portal. I think if Shannon if o Waight left, you could get any of those guys and and you know, so there's still I think plenty of time if things. I still want our way back. I want him more than I want any of the rest of him. But you could go find a report.
Speaker 6: Yeah, with that kind of money, you could get whoever you really went out there in the portal. I don't really see a scenario where he would go first round this year, but if he came back at Kentucky and had a really good season, I could see a scenario where he's snuck into maybe the you know, the last picks of the first round, and why would.
Speaker 2: He's not gonna get picked in the first round until he shows he can consistently shoot three. Sure, I mean that's ultimately I think he's athleticism pretty good. He showed up, but he's unless he's consistently shooting there, he's not gonna get picked.
Speaker 3: And that's what he has to shot.
Speaker 6: But he ends up, let's say in the second round this year, you're gonna end up in the G League more than likely, and would you rather be in that situation or come back to Kentucky compete for a national title, and man, they got a lot of money.
Speaker 2: The funny part is the crazy thing, like for all of us that you know, grew up thinking you couldn't even make a dollar, the idea that you could make more money in college. But that's gonna keep happening. I mean a lot of these dudes that are returning.
Speaker 3: PJ. Haggerty from Memphis, why is he coming back?
Speaker 2: He's coming back because he can make more money in college than he can in the NBA. That's that would not have been the case.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when this started, we knew it would change the fringe players like oh way, you know some of the cow players left when they didn't need to because they just had to go get money. Even if it was second round, you couldn't get paid.
Speaker 4: The guys.
Speaker 5: What it's come about. He's a good example of what the that type of player.
Speaker 2: You go back over the years sing about some of the guys that would have come back, like a dude like Jared Vanderbilt, Yes, right, Like that's a guy Dakari Johnson, that's a guy who would have come back. Harrison Twins might have come back at perfect example. Those are the kind of guys that, if this rule existed.
Speaker 3: Before, would have been here longer. Who's up first? John? Is up first? John? Go ahead, John?
Speaker 7: Switching topics here, you kiss football. It looks like he's kind of building more stuff for the future than it is for next year. He's looking more so like he's gonna be like a two and ten or four and eight season. I would assume he's.
Speaker 3: Wait, ain't gonna just second.
Speaker 2: If he goes I go it town. If he goes too, If he goes to and ten, it's over. There's no planning for the future. If he goes too and ten. Yeah, those two sentences you just said do not go together.
Speaker 3: He's planning for the future. And if he goes to and.
Speaker 2: Ten, If he goes to and ten, he will not be the coach here the next year. If he goes four and eight, I it's still gonna be hard for him to be the coach. But if he goes to and ten, it's over.
Speaker 6: It's five the magic number. Does he have to get the five to keep I think his job?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I mean, I think he has to get to five. Witch And by the way, is not easy. I mean, in the five finding the five wins on the on the schedule is not easy. But to answer your question, sir, if he goes to and ten, he will not be the coach the next year.
Speaker 8: Well, in that case, I have a second question. Why is he going for a lot of players that are younger in the transfer portal and constructing his roster for late players that would develop into good players? But they are not good players currently.
Speaker 2: Because they because the football is very different than basketball in the sense of you don't Kentucky doesn't have the resources to go too deep with dudes they can pay a lot of money for. Kentucky has the resources to have a starting twenty two, that's good.
Speaker 3: But when you get into that second.
Speaker 2: String, I mean Alabama and Georgia Drew don't have the resources to have a deep second string. That's why these guys end up in all these other schools. We certainly don't. So when you see us get a kid, I appreciate the call. Like the wide receiver from SMU, we're doing that because we don't We're not gonna be able to go get a star to be our fifth string wide receiver.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I've seen people being critical of these last three or four guys they've hadded in the last week, But these are He's just trying to fill out a roster in the in the world of college football now. Bush Hampdon even said this morning on Tom Leach. If guys aren't top three on the depth chart, they leave, or you used to just have someone stuck there. They're on your third team, your practice squad, they could practice some of these editions. You just have to get anyone that's interested in coming taking a spot without needing a lot of money or having high expectations.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about to answer his question, Ryan, two and ten done right.
Speaker 4: There's no way he can survive two and ten.
Speaker 2: Three and nine, which means beating Toledo. Done, you're pushing it.
Speaker 4: That means you're winless in the SEC and lost to louis and lost to Louisville.
Speaker 2: That's you're done. Yeah, all right, Six and six you're fine. Yes, So what about four and eight?
Speaker 4: That's tough too, that's a three.
Speaker 2: Four and eight would be beat Toledo and then maybe beat Vandy, maybe Louisville, maybe four.
Speaker 4: You know, something like this doesn't depend on how you get those four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean if you lose a ton of close games.
Speaker 6: So there's a scenario to where you could win for play, like you know, Florida really tough.
Speaker 2: There's a scenario where I would make the case that you could keep your job at four.
Speaker 3: But I could. I don't know if our fan base.
Speaker 4: They won't tolerate that.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think our fan base is in a different world right now where they're like, you better go win some.
Speaker 3: That's just how I see it.
Speaker 2: It's normally I would say, I feel like I and the fan base are kind of in the same page on when it's time for a coach to go. I think a lot of fans wanted col gone one year before I did. I kind of wonder if that's gonna happen again with Stoops, where he might go four to eight or five and seven, and Drew I'd say, maybe we give him another chance.
Speaker 5: And there's a lot of fans who just say, though, yeah, and I think he's got to get to a Bowl game. I mean, just the way you just said about you gotta beat Toledo and Vandy, that sounds like the era Stoops inherited from Jokers. Barely one of those games. I know, the schedules extremely tough. Now in the fifty to fifty games, the Missouris and South Carolina's are in a much better spot, and so much of your success was beating those teams. But I think even even a five win team is gonna be ten base.
Speaker 3: It's gonna have a hard time.
Speaker 2: How would you think about that schedule? Start with Toledo. Everybody says Toledo's good. I got a feeling that we're gonna end up winning that game by more than the people because we're just gonna hear how good Toledo is. And then we end up beating That second game, though, is Old Miss at home. That's gonna be the most important game for Mark Stoops in like six or eight years. Then the next game is like Eastern Michigan. Let's assume we win that, then we go to South Carolina in the next one.
Speaker 3: All right, that.
Speaker 2: Two game stretch Shannon Old Miss at home, South Carolina on.
Speaker 3: The road, win or lose.
Speaker 2: We better be competitive in those games, yeah, because if we're not, our fan base is gonna be checked out.
Speaker 3: I genuinely think that like.
Speaker 2: Those two games, whether we in or lose, we have got to be compared.
Speaker 6: We're also tired of losing to South Carolina. That was a game that we felt like and they did for years win that game. Now it's like we've fallen behind and now South Carolina is getting us every year. Those are those pivotal games on the schedule that you have to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that that Old Miss game is like if I'm Mark Stoops, I'm spending my whole loft season getting ready and even though they won last year, I think it's gonna be huge. Bade He is a five nine two eight twenty two eighty seven corn bred hip. The new the new Seltzers are just taking oath like they're selling out everywhere. We're gonna start having them here at the bar very soon. It's they're they're they're massive. You've got four the flavors. You've got peach ice Tea and.
Speaker 4: Blueberry Breeze and Raspberry and lime.
Speaker 3: Maid, and they are there are people who may have Brink.
Speaker 4: One or two.
Speaker 6: Yeah not today, but just to be clear, yeah, you didn't drive from Louisville with this world.
Speaker 3: You could do that.
Speaker 2: And also they have the gummies, the CBD gummies that I take to go to sleep. It's cornbreadhimp dot com promo code KSR thirty percent off if you use my code for your first order. It is corn bread Hemp. Let's take a break and be right back here at Owen's Borroo Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Skin Cancer Center. It's KSR Waterback. It is Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Here live with a hardy It is a hardy group of fans here in Owensboro, sitting in the cold, but enjoined it. You would think this is the winner, the way the weather is. But thank you everybody to be in here, thanks to Libertalia. Is that how I say that? Coffee and bagels? Who has coffee and bagels and Macha and Maya?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You I thought it was only like bougie girls that drank machia.
Speaker 3: You do? You do as well? Well?
Speaker 6: You know when I went to New York City, Sarah would always go to this little place called Chacha Maya. And you've probably seen him before, and now she's kind of got me drinking.
Speaker 5: These for You should go to the OBW locker room and let him know he's and drinking machas.
Speaker 4: That's right, I'll kick the butt. Well, I'll get a facial.
Speaker 2: Tell come out what a man you are if I'm not two eighth, twenty two eighty seven. We have some breaking news, Rick, Uh oh, they don't get too excited.
Speaker 4: There it is.
Speaker 2: You remember the story we've been talking about the last couple of weeks, the pickleball courts at Joe Creasing Park.
Speaker 4: Yes, yep.
Speaker 3: Mayor Craig Greenberg.
Speaker 2: Just announced they are pulling the project, that they will be no pickleball courts thanks to community outrage in Louisville. How about that community rises up and they end up stopping the development that they didn't want.
Speaker 4: Power to the people.
Speaker 6: Always wonder like does that ever really matter when people come out and voice their opinion or are they just wasting their time?
Speaker 4: Clearly in this case, they were.
Speaker 2: Case it mattered, they up and thank goodness, down with pickleball.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 6: I'm just glad that you know, they're listening to what the people have to say. I think that there's somebody said for that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm biased towards Craig because he's my friend and I'm gonna take up for him because I know where his heart is. But I will say this, you know, I've seen people say he's flip flop. I think it's good if like somebody makes a decision and then people say we don't want it, and then they change their mind, Like we shouldn't say that when people take flip flop, That to me is you don't really have a position, You just kind of whatever.
Speaker 3: I think that's bad.
Speaker 2: But if you change your mind because people, you know, ultimately the mayor or the governor or president is.
Speaker 3: Supposed to do what the people want. Yeah, people don't want it, then that's the way.
Speaker 6: I feel like too many times, once you know political figure gets an office, they do whatever they want. They don't listen to the people. And I commend Craig Greenberg for listening.
Speaker 3: So good for that.
Speaker 2: Did you hear the story about the woman in Kentucky Ryan whose child ordered seventy thousand dollars or seventy thousand dumb dumb suckers off of Amazon and she came home and there were seventy thousand suckers on her porch that her kid act accidentally ordered accidentally. The kid did it on purpose, but did she?
Speaker 4: She ended up with big story in Lexing yesterday. I'm just so thankful my son wasn't the one that order all those dumb, dumb suckers.
Speaker 3: A couple of things that surprised me on it. First of all, if you told me how much would seventy thousand suckers cost, I probably.
Speaker 2: Would have thought it was more than four thousand dollars. I think she got a bargain. Actually, yeah, she bought in bulk. I do wonder does Amazon not see that order?
Speaker 3: Drew and go. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe does this person want really seventy thousand suckers?
Speaker 5: They probably thought she was a bank, just a bank getting their quarterly order here. I did see Amazon told her to hit cancel and it would be okay. But the driver had already put it on the porch and closed out the order and was like, well they're on your porch now, too bad?
Speaker 4: How big is They.
Speaker 5: Just didn't get in front of it in son Oh it was Yeah, it's a lot of bottle.
Speaker 3: So what's she gonna do with them now?
Speaker 4: Halloween?
Speaker 3: I think I think they agreed to take it back. They they did agree to take it back.
Speaker 4: I think not all of them, but like maybe three fourths of.
Speaker 2: It or well they only take fifty thousand of back, so the kids still wins.
Speaker 3: The kid still wins. Well, I didn't.
Speaker 2: The mom said, I need to have better security on my phone.
Speaker 3: You think, why.
Speaker 4: Would you give your kid?
Speaker 3: You I can't get my phone to work most of the time.
Speaker 2: I hold my face up there and I'm like, I'm here, will you please open it?
Speaker 3: How in the world did the kid do that?
Speaker 4: Well, anytime we have electronics, we don't know what to do. Your five year old can figure it out better than we can. Right now, they know how to do everything.
Speaker 3: Seventy thousand dumb dumbsucks.
Speaker 4: What a story?
Speaker 3: What's that? Great? Story? Is amazing? Who's up next? Brian? Go ahead, Brian.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, did anybody what's up the British ladies that had just happened to have a vacation to roam when the conclave met?
Speaker 3: No? No, I didn't what they did.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure there were a lot of people that just happened to be in Rome when that happened.
Speaker 3: They got They have a ton of instors every week.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was wondering if any of you all had a trip that coincidentally lined up. It's like some big historical event.
Speaker 3: That's a good question. Well, I was in last summer.
Speaker 2: I was in Madrid when Spain won the World Cup. I just happened to be in Madrid, and so I got to dance in the streets with the Spanish.
Speaker 3: People all night. They had an amazing party.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, Madrid is the size of New York City, and people who've been to New York imagine if the whole city just breaks into a party everywhere.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of what it was like in Madrid. So that was That's probably the closest I've had, Drew.
Speaker 5: You had something like think about those women that went to Nashville for a bachelor party during in the NFL draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were not half.
Speaker 5: I'm going to DC next weekend. I couldn't figure out why my room was three times, but it should be. But it's like the fiftieth anniversary of Pride, and I'm staying right in the middle of it.
Speaker 3: That's perfect for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not really where I'm going, but I guess I'll be part of that next weekend.
Speaker 3: Well, if you see, if you see our man Drew.
Speaker 2: Every week, you'll know why that is a five, nine, two, eight, twenty two eighty seven. We are here at the Kentucky Skin Cancer cinner right right off New Hartford Highway will be right back to see is Kentucky Sports Radio, New Hartford Road