Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Well, let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Stephen Carroll. I'm joined by Bloomberg's Chloe Melee for more. Chloe, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: Let's start in the UK with Greg's, an activist investor urging the food chain to cut costs. What's the latest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the activist investors said that greg Greg's could be taken over if it doesn't cut a minimum of twenty million pounds of annual costs. So Greg's share price is down about forty percent this yet it's also London's most shortaged stock, so it's clearly under quite a lot of pressure. And the hedge fund Lower Asset Management, which is a big shareholder in Greg's, said that Greg's management was timid and that it should be a lot more aggressive in trying to write size its costs. So it's a company that's struggling with rising prices for it's rowing radients and minimum wage increases as well. But David mccurio, who heads up that Hedgephund said that the expected cost growth next year of about eight percent was far too high if we consider the context that the UK minimum wages will be increasing by a by four percent in twenty twenty six. So he said that there are efficiencies that Greg's could find, but that A has so far kind of ignored, and so it said that if it doesn't kind of sort those things out, private equity in particular could be circling. So there's quite a lot of pressure there. But the shares have been of this morning as all of those discussions are going on.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's in Greg's. Turning to Italy next, shares in montet Pasco di Siena falling for the third consecutive day investors digesting an investigation into its takeover of Italian rival Medio Banco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are seeing that weakness continue as we get a little bit more details on that probe. So documents from prosecutors alleged that the CEO of Montepesci and two big Italian investors has had coordinated actions to seize control of Mediobanker, with the ultimate goal of being to control Generale, which is Italy's biggest insurer, and so a key step in that plan was the purchase last year of a Montepesci stake by the Italian government, and that is part of a process that prosecutors have described as orchestrated and lacking in transparency. And so this probe into this alleged market manipulation is risking delaying the integration of Mediobanker and Montepesci, which is already a process that's facing quite a lot of challenges because the business models are already so different. So this is just an additional obstacle there. And as I have said that the merger was already in an elevated risk of failing even before the investigation, and now this is making it a lot more worse. So we're just kind of a wait now for more details on this as it comes.
Speaker 3: Okay, and chares in the bank down two point eight percent at the moment. Turning to air bos next and an updates from the plane maker this morning after that software glitch.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's been quite a weakness in the shares this morning after this disruption over the weekend. So the software update for A three twenty aircraft required an urgent fix because it left flight controls vulnerable to cosmic radiations, and so that meant that airlines had to rush this weekend to fix this to avoid grounding during what was obviously a very busy Thanksgiving period, and most airlines actually managed to fix things fairly quickly, and Ebers said this morning that the vast majority of aircraft had received that necessary modification over the weekend, that there were very few now that were left to fix, but it's still quite a setback, and that created some delays and also raised questions about whether that software update was rolled out without the appropriate safeguards. And Ebbus has been benefiting from a reputation of safety, especially in contrast with Boeing and its well documented issues, so that weakness in those shares this morning is not surprising given the widespread issues that came from this from this software update.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.