Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: All right, Novo Nordic and Eli Lilly are both facing a growing federal multi district litigation over two thousand lawsuits so far, which are estimated to be, you know, valued at over two billion dollars as far as like how much they're actually asking for over in o Zimpic and similar drugs. Some cases allege rare vision problems among other issues. So okay, we'll talk about both companies, but let's talk about Novo first. And you know, the Ozimpic conversation is interested in it because I hate to say that I told you so, but I did because last year I was like, you know, as far as seen this movie happen before, we don't know what's gonna happen next. But whenever something good happens, there's a Chinese parable. And if you watch the movie Charlie Wilson's War, right at the end of the movie, they tell the parable because Charlie Wilson's War is about Afghanistan history. Let's go into a history rabbit hole. Okay, Afghanistan in the eighties was fighting the Soviet Union. At the time, the Soviet Union was America's biggest enemy, right, so what did America do? America backed the rebels in Afghanistan and Afghanistan pulled off a very unlikely defeat. Who was who was one of the leaders of the rebels in Afghanistan that America funded? Put in Chat put in Chat? This is like, uh, what's that.
Speaker 1: Show, dude, bake up the court.
Speaker 3: Who was one of the leaders, who was one of the leaders in Afghanistan in their fight against the Soviet Union that the United States of America funded?
Speaker 1: Riot boy?
Speaker 3: Oh sama?
Speaker 1: Then love? Is that in the YouTube privacy?
Speaker 3: No, that's the historical fact. That's that's not controversial, that's historical. That's a document. That's a sixty minute special document Jesus.
Speaker 4: That might not be in the global that should be in the global studies curriculum.
Speaker 1: I should know that. Okay.
Speaker 3: So at the end, so at the end, everybody's happy that they won the war, right, And Charlie Wilson and not the Charlie Wilson that we know. Charlie Wilson was a senator, but he was telling he was lobbying the Congress that look, we need to we need to support Afghanistan, help them rebuild their country because if not, it's a vacuum and it's going to go into chaos and they're gonna end up hating us. Nobody took them, siou. They never gave any money, They didn't rebuild the country. They just left them alone and just say, yeah, you're on your own now. The rise of the Talent Band comes directly from that, say that, to say, you never know in life. You gotta be patient. You gotta be patient. What looks like a blessing could be a curse. What looks like what looks like a curse can be a blessing. When this whole ozimpic thing started to go crazy. I said, listen, most good things have some level of negative side effect.
Speaker 1: Let's see what happens.
Speaker 3: I just had a strong suspicion that if people are losing weight this quickly, there's a negative trade off, and that negative trade off would lead to billions of dollars in lawsuits down the line. Lo and behold. One year later, that's exactly what happens. Stock went from one hundred and forty two dollars to fifty four dollars currently, fell off a cliff, going blind.
Speaker 5: That's crazywns. We've ever seen for a publicly traded company too.
Speaker 4: In that space inside the lawsuit, here are the side effects that are actually going to be a part of litigation. Stomach paralysis, intestinal blockages, persistent vomiting, go back issues, pancreatis, kidney damage, and sunning.
Speaker 1: Vision loss linked to a condition called naion. The vision losses. But that's crazy. Yeah, that's crazy vision.
Speaker 3: You're taking medicine to lose weight and then you just can't see one day.
Speaker 1: Well, you're taking it for diabetes first.
Speaker 3: Well most people, they figured out people just started taking it just to lose weight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now I'm very sensitive that obesity is an epidemic in our nation, in our community. So I don't want to be insensitive to anybody that has taken ozmpic. But nine times out of ten, when you're doing things and you're you're cutting corners, it's going to You're going to come back. So their defense and I'm not here to defend them.
Speaker 4: Inside the litigation, Chan says, they're saying that, yes, all drugs do come aside effects, but they're at there actively suing pharmacies for producing unapproved versions of the g lp ones. So people would get in the off brand is what they're saying. Right, Like you weren't getting with GOVI got cut twice. You can't get stepped on it.
Speaker 3: Got stepped on cut. You know what's so crazy too? Like shout out to my guy Chocolate. He's a designer from Ghana. So he came to America for investmentest and I saw him the first day that he came and he had a headache. He was with him and his other guy and I'm like, yo, you need a m and he.
Speaker 1: Was like.
Speaker 3: He's like we don't take He's like from Africa, Like we're going to take a natural route. Then he gave me a whole ten minute education on a natural room and how you how you can cure headaches naturally?
Speaker 1: Dad.
Speaker 3: But the way he said avil, you would think I offered him crack cocaine. But that goes back to our Western We have so much medicine that we don't even think about about it. We don't think about what's natural, We don't think about how can we do this organically? We just think, Yo, right, I'm just gonna go to CVS and I'm gonna get right until until you until you have these side effects. So be careful to anybody that's taking these drugs because obviously it has a lot of negative side effects. Now, as far as the business is concerned, Nova was a stock that was flying high and it's come down dramatically.
Speaker 1: Is it over?
Speaker 5: No, it's not over because I don't want to do the dead or a live thing. Are they in critical condition?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Like going back to best in class. At one point I had people telling me Novo was a better company than Lily. How also, too write this down, you have to study the history of the category. Any company that has a product that is publicly traded that is guaranteed to have you lose weight. Going back to Finn Finn of the nineteen eighties and nineteen nineties, this category normally has been a.
Speaker 3: Disaster.
Speaker 5: Novo had Cockrisima back in the day. Like this entire class of rapid result weight loss. The issue is always heart or stomach issues or liver issues. So it may have a blockbuster rise for a little bit, but it's not sustainable.
Speaker 1: The things that makes Littally different.
Speaker 5: They have a bunch of other drugs, world class executive leadership and different modes that Novo does not have. But if you go to look at the history of these going back to the nineteen going back to nineteen sixty four, within seven years there's lawsuits or collapse in the stock tie to weight law products. It's not natural like and then even gop ones the venom from a.
Speaker 1: Geala lizard astracted.
Speaker 5: It's not probably so you're putting but that was for my Christians. If you're putting lizard and snake venom in your body to get the weight of the world off of you, yeah, that makes I don't even want to go into the inferias reptilian lord world view. But that's not what I want to do. Knowing the source of the thing is really important. So this space as a whole, it's not one that I like to even look to invest in long term.
Speaker 4: The snake thing is a little bit exaggerated, a little bit, A little bit. I did the deep dive into that. I was because I was interested. I'm like, like, oh, this is crazy, but it's Novo dead. No, they're not dead. Five years ago they were trading thirty dollars. Think about that. I'm going to say, they make you get back to that.
Speaker 1: Now, can I land the plane? I land the plane. They were at.
Speaker 4: Thirty dollars right before the weight loss craze happened, right they o Zepik was the name. It also became like band aid. And obviously Lily has come in the problem. And I think you laid it out pretty nicely. The one thing that they don't have is they're not an American company.
Speaker 6: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be find nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.