Speaker 1: It's Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Oh, today's a good day.
Speaker 2: Look at us.
Speaker 1: We're back together. Listen to us three.
Speaker 3: Of us again.
Speaker 2: You're a love love.
Speaker 1: We missed you.
Speaker 3: I missed you, guys. Thank you so much to my two beautiful co hosts.
Speaker 1: For covering you.
Speaker 3: You held down the fort. The fort so I had I had COVID, you know, really bad, beyond bad. I have described it as I felt like it was an extracism. And Jen, throughout all these years, has been through every one of my ownnesses with me. Yeah, I said this is the worst. One was like, oh wow, okay, did you.
Speaker 2: Get the the cheese greater throat. That's the thing that just can't take it? Like, was your throat like a mess?
Speaker 3: My being was a mess, like hop to toe, like it couldn't in the brainmush and just like everything. And you do find out something if they say when mom goes down, everything goes down, because everything came to a hold. I was like, kids, I am so sorry, but I cannot function like it was that bad. But Brian was so great.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 2: Your boyfriend covered You're soon to be like losing your virgin lover.
Speaker 1: But today we're going to talk about the first part of the two parter, and that happens in the second.
Speaker 2: Part of the two part of The Victoria's Secret. I don't wait to talk about the mall and the Victoria's Secret, but we'll all hold off. There's so much to discuss, so.
Speaker 1: Much to talk about. We are back together and it feels so good. But today we're talking.
Speaker 3: You know you wanted to go into reunite.
Speaker 1: It you neted and it feels so good.
Speaker 3: I love when she does that.
Speaker 1: Still Music to My Ears. Season seven, episode thirty one, Graduation Day, Part one, aired May twenty first, nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Synopsis. Donna's planning to put her cap on and take her clothes off a graduation day, but David doesn't know it yet. Steve is back to pranking while his relationship with Clara's tanking. Kelly convinces Brand to kick Valerie out of Cossa Walsh, leaving her down and out in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: So Good, Lorraine, directed by Jory, written by Larry Mullen.
Speaker 2: A Field Lorraine. That was one of the best. Yeah, that was a really good one.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: She keeps stopping herself with these synopsis, we.
Speaker 2: Might need to start like putting them in the notes, you know, like where people so they can read them because we laugh over them so much.
Speaker 1: That was so good. I think that's a good idea her.
Speaker 3: She's on point with her puns always.
Speaker 2: Lorraine, and just start making the write up, the synopsis, the rite up for the episode.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm here for that. She's like work once for twice. That's great this episode. What did you guys think? In general?
Speaker 3: It was very sentimental because it was like, Okay, this is our final graduation, you know, and there were so many sentimental things. I really loved the Jason directed these to the part one part two because it feels it felt right and it felt authentically us, which was really important. And there was so much going on. I don't know a lot.
Speaker 2: Jason always brings. He brings the heart, yeah, and a few times he's kind of deviated from this, but he does bring a little bit of zany to it typically, and we saw that with the praying.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I loved it talking about yeah that parts maybe laugh.
Speaker 2: He has such a unique style when he directs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, visually, his storytelling process is always spend something we've really admired about him.
Speaker 2: I would like you all to know that I spent I take long showers. So I spent twenty minutes in the shower. Wow, probably yesterday. I think it was analyzing why. I mean, and I know this is a this is a story that I bring up and bring it up and bring.
Speaker 1: It now it's the val story.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it actually has to do with Claire.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: The other that was like I want to write a thesis on this. Why do I care so much less about Valerie and Claire who did more episodes or significant amounts of episodes than the core group, and yet I'm so easy to get rid of them. I'm like, bye, Claire, Like what with you?
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're the only person that feels that way or not. I really don't know. But analyze your analyzation brought you too.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I will explain Law and Order, s Er, Chicago, Med, all the West Wing, all these shows that I love. People come and go. The core group is not there as the years go on, and I literally do not care. I am as into SVU and season one hundred and twelve as I was season one, But I found another show, sex and the City. I have a real hard time when it's not the core group.
Speaker 1: Did they deviate from the core? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because and just like that, there's no Kim Catrell.
Speaker 1: Oh. I didn't watch that, But I.
Speaker 3: Instinctually tell you why why I think that ready, Because it's your it's your youth, it's your childhood. It's not While there's other shows that you might like medical shows and law shows, that's fine. Nine O two and Oho speaks to you on a human level with your friendships and who you grew up with, that you somehow you know, can't go home again, like but you can with nine two Nah. Same thing with Sex and the City. That sorry, that was the version of you when you were a young adults, so it's like two youths.
Speaker 2: I think you make an excellent point. I also think there's something about the fact that nine two one to no Sex and the City. A few other shows friends would be a great example. It exploded. It went beyond just a TV show, right, it exploded. I literally did a deep dive this week on YouTube watching you guys win the People's Choice Award from nineteen ninety something. I don't know what was wrong with me and Jason gives the speech and you're all up there and I'm like, what is it? And also maybe it's because it just became so huge that when you change that, you're still just going back to the core. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Also, I think that as the core, as some of the core members, the core is who you fell in love with, like that initial oh my god, this is my show, like it imprinted you. And then when some of the core members leave, there's voids, but people can't fill those voids. It's like trying to, you know, be have a mom that's not your mom. Like it's like, you know, let somebody else into your heart in that way. It just doesn't it doesn't fit the same.
Speaker 3: They're all fine, I have chills. Jen nailed it in print, in printed.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's why when people think about nine oh two, one oh, like the reunion conventions, whatever, it's always the core, and the core is what the people want. Yeah, it's why, Like Tiffany, when you say Tiffany to me, I'm like, say, by the Bell, even though she's done like a million shows. And I think that when people embrace that. It's even Jennifer Aniston who's gone on to like win Awards and does the Morning Show and been in a million you're still like, Rachel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think that's that's how it will always be remembered. And I think there's something so cool about that. But some people don't like.
Speaker 2: That because I feel bad, But I'm just like, bye, Claire go to Paris, like you just need to.
Speaker 1: She looks so cute in this episode though.
Speaker 2: So she's great.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I need you to go. I think as they did her wrong with the trope my favorite word, it's just the same, same, same.
Speaker 1: You're troping right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I really am.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Correct, Jenny, Correct.
Speaker 3: But you know what I got to say. And I know sometimes we don't go in order, and you guys don't like that, but that I really loved the scene with Donna and Kelly and Claire in the.
Speaker 1: Beach partment like that, I do too. That if I all like give you all the feels. It feels like we've spent the time with them since they got their beach apartment, we've lived with them, we've you know, it feels like we're transitioning into a new phase of our lives as viewers. That's why people just love this show. And we never fully understood it until we watched it ourselves.
Speaker 3: We couldn't.
Speaker 2: The apartment is the exception to the rule, because even though the Beach Apartment came in later, it made an impression. It is part of the core Lord for me, that's really You're right, it's somehow Yeah, Okay, where to be Okay, let's start.
Speaker 1: Let's start with Valerie and her sad story with Brandon right out of the gate, and I'm just like, one of the first things that comes out of her mouth is Brandon. You know, it's been really hard on me since you and Kelly got back together, Like why why has it been so hard on her? And all? She hates Kelly and loves.
Speaker 3: In her mind, she suddenly created that they were like meant to be.
Speaker 1: When did this happen?
Speaker 3: It kind of didn't wish make but.
Speaker 2: One weird night, I spent a whole other shower thinking about value.
Speaker 3: Which of those were true from whose perception?
Speaker 2: Or Here's where I came to If Valerie is really in this dark place, struggling with these dark thoughts and is in real trouble. I support everybody, David, Brandon, everyone going to help her. What I don't like is that part of me is like, is this just another stunt so that they're like, no, no, okay, you can stay Like I don't like her, and I almost think she's both. She has all these feelings and all this emotion and dark and troubled childhood and the mom doesn't come for graduation and it's just one thing after another for her. The money's gone. But then there's this conniving side. So it's just like she is just split for me, and it's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've done it so many times. Yeah, that old trope that that we are just like, we have trope. What's that like? Trope?
Speaker 2: We have trope fatigue.
Speaker 1: We have trope fatigue. So now we're like it's like the what's that thing when the guy the kids? Yeah, this is what's happening. Because you don't know whether to believe her and feel sympathetic towards her or to just be like, well, what's she up to now?
Speaker 3: Because no matter what she has been through, people have been through horrific things in life and they're able to still push past it and evolve and change if they really want to. But that's not the case. Here there's also this bad scene part of her.
Speaker 2: She's just just.
Speaker 1: So clear that she's never done the work to like evolve. She's never she's just carrying it around instead of working through it. You know.
Speaker 3: But to Amy's point, like, do you believe though part of her personality is because of everything she has been through traumatically since her childhood, or is there a part of her personality wise that it's just not a good person.
Speaker 2: You make it a great point, like right, you know how like people are liars or like people have these terrible like characteristics. It comes from to character flaw, Yeah, a bad childhood or an abusive relationship or whatever they experienced. So I want to give Valerie that like grace, like Okay, you really have had it rough. Yeah, but she doesn't, like she just keeps doing it, doing it.
Speaker 3: Which makes me think sometimes people are just born who they are. And it's horrible that things went on in her childhood that were traumatic and caused her so much harm. But I'd be curious, like what was she like has a takter?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: And no one holds like a boundary for her, do you know what I'm saying? Like there's no consequences for her because each of these antics works.
Speaker 1: It didn't work on David. I liked that. He was like, Nope, I'm not going to involved. But Brandon, on the other hand, every time, every single time she uses.
Speaker 2: Guilt with him, I'll call your mom and dad. Well I've already called that. I mean, it's just so like no.
Speaker 3: One else can use guilt with him, not even Kelly, the love of his life. Like why Valerie, though I don't know what is sorry.
Speaker 1: I think it's like something from their childhood must be must be good.
Speaker 3: I want to hear about that. Then I want to see that.
Speaker 1: Or he's just like, you know, it feels like just storyline exactly like she's been through so much like he feels so he feels for her so much.
Speaker 2: He lets these girlfriends go who love him, like and he's just like.
Speaker 1: Old And also did you notice to her? Maybe you notice too, Amy Brandon went to the wrong bedroom. He left Valerie aka Brenda's room and turned to the left. He did and went into a door.
Speaker 2: That because it was on a set that was confusing.
Speaker 1: No that those two set, those two rooms were side by, like and there's a Jack and Jill bathroom between them. You know there are bathroom soah, his bathroom, I mean his bedroom is on the other side of the bathroom, which we all know where that is by now where was he going? And it happened again earlier. It happened again in another time in the show, and then we had an interior of his bedroom which was the same with the door where it is and the bathroom door where it was.
Speaker 3: Okay, while I did not notice this till you brought it up, and now I can perfectly see it, and this is all wrong. When they were having that first scene, yeah, Brandon and val, I was like, something feels off. And I was like, is the set changed around? Because the door, you're right.
Speaker 1: He went to the left and he has to go to the right. And then I was like, okay, maybe it was like logistically with the camera or something with time, like they didn't have enough time to shoot and light it. I don't know, but he went to the wrong Interesting.
Speaker 3: That sounds so not adjacent. Thing Like he's so detail oriented when it comes to directions.
Speaker 1: So it felt like like one of those, like you know, late in the game decisions where you're like, let's just do it this way.
Speaker 2: So we can We'll got Jim and Cindy's room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, must be Steve, right, But we've.
Speaker 2: Been in Steve's room and it looks just I feel like we've seen step in his room plenty of.
Speaker 1: Times and it's just like a I cannot remember what Chester room looks like at all in the Wild Shols.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's I think it's just like another bedroom.
Speaker 3: What Jim and Sidey's think.
Speaker 2: That I think it looks I mean, I don't know. I mean, we've seen Stephen the shower.
Speaker 1: Why takes a shower in the in the in the Jack and Jill bathroom though we've seen him in the shower. Maybe they turned it into a sex room or maybe a gem.
Speaker 2: Why do they all like so that means he has to go unless the Jack and Jill bathroom has its own door on the outside too.
Speaker 1: Going showers there. I can see it. I know the set that's not it was so like you know what it's.
Speaker 3: Joining for me.
Speaker 2: Make me think of when Jenny and I went to the Brady Bunch House, which was still one of the greatest days of my life, and it's so real, like I'm just like, no, we gotta we gotta eat call her and see if we can go back because it was so amazing.
Speaker 1: That's true. But I do think to your point, wouldn't Brandon have moved into the primary primary? Yeah, the mom and dad's room to have his own bathroom right.
Speaker 2: And on suite as as the property brothers would say, I.
Speaker 3: Mean what, I guess we didn't have that set up anymore.
Speaker 1: They took it down.
Speaker 3: It would have been too big and costly to keep.
Speaker 2: Did we Did we ever going Jim and Cindy's room?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We did so.
Speaker 2: It was like very rare.
Speaker 1: It was big. I remember it was big.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But if Kelly does you saw him?
Speaker 3: I think you were just looking at a hairy chest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm proud of I saw past that for a while. But if Kelly does move in with Brandon, is she going to move into his bedroom? What? Does do we ever see this happen on camera? No?
Speaker 2: Things go awrived pretty fast?
Speaker 1: Oh no, what what.
Speaker 3: It has to?
Speaker 1: Because what about the lawyer and the there's other men? But what about other men?
Speaker 3: Where am I going to live?
Speaker 1: Who am I going to live with? I don't think.
Speaker 2: Don't you stay at the beach house?
Speaker 1: We do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, call it because the store Oh good.
Speaker 1: We're not saying goodbye to the beach house. Then, you know, Oh, I got nervous.
Speaker 2: It's so weird. We only have eight, nine, ten, Like we just have the three weird half sharky years. I've been really reading people feel like.
Speaker 1: You can't take base your opinion on other people's comments.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just gonna like watch it in real time because eight, nine and ten are fuzzy for me. So it's like I'm going to be watching it for the second time.
Speaker 1: What did you guys think about. I don't know if this got you, but the slow mo kindergarten graduation all emotional. There's something about slow motion.
Speaker 2: Yes, I just love that. Everybody went to Aaron's graduation too, and one of those kids looked like famous.
Speaker 1: Later, I was like, who's that kid?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Really you recognize?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't put it past her. She caught sharp eye.
Speaker 2: It was darling. And it was a little bit of a bait and switch because you're like, oh my god, wait is it the graduate Wait.
Speaker 1: Thought they put the tiny chairs. Sason did a.
Speaker 3: Great job, you guys with this and really delivered on every level. Okay, yes, June.
Speaker 1: Lockhart, I know Grandma was there. Gosh, June Lockhart just passed away and then there she was one hundred years young.
Speaker 3: That's what I was like.
Speaker 2: He was a grandma when she filmed this, so she was like seventy.
Speaker 1: She looked so amazing and she lived to be a hundred. Wow, she looked. I was really doing that side by side profile comparison, and you guys definitely looked alike. You have the same nose, the same cheekbones.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, cars the toast at the peach pit. I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: But to her point, life short, you gottave it up, pew that.
Speaker 1: You got a yello.
Speaker 3: You never know what's going to happen in life. And I think Donna choosing to move forward, even though we haven't gotten to that point in the program yet, is right for them. They're in love, they love each other. This is their time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Okay, This is a question that I've been waiting seven season to ask. Do you, Tory feel that Donna is going to do this at the right time or would you have actually liked to see her? Wait until season ten and we never have this moment, and it's the wedding night and we're all kind of left like, WHOA, that would have been good, great question.
Speaker 3: I feel like in my youth I was always very much it was a badge of honor to be able to be a virginal symbolism to so many women and men out there. So Donna was like I felt like very special to be able to have that. But at some point I was like, I kind of just want her to lose it, Like, what's the next step? We're always talking about the same storyline. She can't, you know, move on story wise until we get to that point. So I remember when it was happening, I was like, oh, finally.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that's what David thought too, I mean.
Speaker 3: Last of her, I'm sure a good five seconds like poor guy. In hindsight, though I don't maybe from a storytelling purpose and thought it people so connected to these two characters, would it have been such a beautiful journey to see the wedding. It would have been too much stimulation for people to see the wedding and then the wedding night.
Speaker 2: To be left wondering, like I would have liked that we still have the exact end scene with that circle of everybody dancing dancing around, but then we kind of know or maybe there would have been like a winky nod to it at some point in that episode.
Speaker 3: But as an audience and you've waited so long to see what the connection is after they do sleep together, you would be missed on that part, like you would.
Speaker 2: True, there's some storyline that comes from it also.
Speaker 3: So because they evolve as humans once they go past this point bad and good, you know, and their relationship coming up.
Speaker 1: I just can't see. It's so crazy that it's the it's the way it is now Brandon and Kelly and David and Donna and everything is copacetic, everything's as it should be. Yeah, and now in the next three seasons it's going to go back like it's gonna every basket. Yeah, like what.
Speaker 2: I feel.
Speaker 1: I feel nervous to watch the next season, honestly, only because like I'm so happy right now.
Speaker 2: All I can say is or Hillary Swank, She's in it? Jenny, are you joking me?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 3: Just wait for it, because Jenny, you know I have a play by play of how that almost happens.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. Oh, Jenny, he seriously look me in the eye. You seriously do not remember I got nothing.
Speaker 3: It'll be like just telling her the story all over again. It's going to beautiful.
Speaker 2: The fact that Hillary Swank over came what happened to her on nine oh two one oh to win the Oscar is like a amazing because people really did not like her character.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I have no story.
Speaker 2: I'm right like it was like panned as they say, like I think she was supposed I think she was supposed to be in the season, and they're like remove her, right, Tory's just poker.
Speaker 3: Because there's there's two there's two sides. There's that like, oh, championing side, and then there's some other side too.
Speaker 1: So oh now I'm excited to last.
Speaker 2: So much time. I think it's because we're coming to the end of the season, the amount of time my brain has spent thinking about Hillary Swank Lindsey Price because I'm like, girl is with Steve and like no one even remembers, like I saw her posting some like fifty looks good on you to her like hunky chef husband Curtis whose name is out of my head, Curtis Stope, And I'm like nobody even remembers that she was on nine o two and Oh that she's like Steve's wife girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby mama, I think that a baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like she does she enter beginning? Oh no she doesn't.
Speaker 2: I think she doesn't come quite yet. No, I'm jumping ahead because we got to go.
Speaker 3: So when she comes in, Jen and I will give you the play by play. I need it all. How her character evolved. She was she was only supposed to be a guest star.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well first Hillary Swank and then we've got Vincent Young. We've got a lot.
Speaker 1: Coming where Daniel cos it's so much happening.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Daniel Cosgrove, I forgot.
Speaker 1: I remember how I said a few minutes ago that I didn't want to watch the next season.
Speaker 3: Now now you're excited.
Speaker 2: Now you have been.
Speaker 3: That human made us happy every day.
Speaker 2: You got to watch his aunt just like that episode, it's worth it.
Speaker 1: The one he's naked or that's a different show.
Speaker 3: Wait, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 1: I saw a clip of him by a pool.
Speaker 3: Is he fun naked?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a different show. Okay, that's a different show. That's like I think, no, it's not funny. That's a different show.
Speaker 3: But just like this you're thinking about, Yeah, the one yeah, okay, yeah, that was anyway.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Okay, so let's talk about so you're basically saying to me that Kelly is not going to move into the Watchhouse.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 3: You'll see oh man, Okay, okay, but let's just stick to where we are right now, Valeries, how you are moving in?
Speaker 1: And Okay, what is the note she left for Brandon? What is I don't understand what that meant what she wrote. I think she was alluding to my own celebration.
Speaker 2: I thought she was saying she was hinting like, yeah, like this is it.
Speaker 1: Okay, it could have been a little clear. I'm just going to say, because even I was like, what does that mean she's going to go to I don't get it.
Speaker 3: He just didn't keep watching see from David and all that, we wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: You're right, So now she's gonna going to end her life because yeah.
Speaker 2: She's saying it so that they come racing after her and then she doesn't have to move out. Like that's what I don't I want to believe it, meaning not believe it. It's so hard to explain. I want to think she's struggling and that does she should have everyone's support and help and get help and all the things. I don't like thinking everything is done to get what she wants a ruse, yeah, because it's just like all the friends are so genuinely like you know, Brandon brushing to help and calling David, and I know everyone's gonna come support so if it came from true pain and suffering, and then they're gonna rally around her. But I don't like that she's always up to shenanigans, like she did try to invest with Bill Taylor to hurt Kelly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then Brandon is just kind of like glosses over that. It's all to like, Yeah, it's not saying she should do what she says she's gonna do, but like, I don't know, I don't. I didn't watch second half, did you? No?
Speaker 2: I wanted to, though I need to, but I stopped right when he read the note. And then she goes to the freeway kind of a thing. I thought, wahallan, No, it's sort of like above the freeway.
Speaker 3: Is that the place that Dylan took Brenda in the car?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I think that's different, Okay, but I'm not one hundred percent sure we.
Speaker 1: See we get to see Kelly's dad, which was fun to see Jack.
Speaker 2: And it's sister and they go to the mall and join mall stuff in this episode, and my brother, oh yeah, he was googly eyed for Kelly's sister. He was good will. They walk right into Victoria's secret.
Speaker 1: I always love the when Randy's on with the other kid and they're just the funny their chemistry is funny that kids like, they work really well together.
Speaker 3: Good comedy banter.
Speaker 2: Everybody's all up in arms because you know the show nobody wants this and has like a bunch of product placement. Like everyone's like talking about all the product placement. But I actually like that you go into Victoria's secret that we can clearly see it's a Victoria's secret and you go in there because I didn't want it to be like you know how they do that, like oh, it's Sully's secret, you know, and like we're supposed to not you know, I don't like that, So I like that you went in there.
Speaker 3: Well you just threw me off. Sorry, I'm very invested, especially while I was sick catching up on Netflix. Nobody wants this, Like oh and I product placement. I'm not getting it.
Speaker 2: So there's like a big estay Lotter thing and they talk about door dash and Airbnb. I didn't even notice either. It didn't bother me one though.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I like when there's like real stuff mentioned.
Speaker 2: I mean the same. We all are on the same page. But some people are like writing articles about how it's like too, you know, they mentioned Jennifer Meyer and all these different things. I personally like it because it's so much better than sometimes I don't like on nine O two and zero when it's clearly rice Crispies, but it says.
Speaker 3: Like crispy and we had to quote unquote Greek it out, then.
Speaker 1: Greek it out.
Speaker 3: Wait what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Greek it out?
Speaker 1: Just like change block it out? Like one letter, I would say, yeah, oh wait wait can we go back to the the nobody wants this? Yeah. The one thing I would like to write a letter about, okay, sure is his neck hair.
Speaker 2: Adam Brodie's yep, you don't like the beer bothers me too.
Speaker 1: I need him to clean it up.
Speaker 3: And I find him so attractive, and in my mind I'm trying to think, like do they not want him to be too like like acter good looking, and he's supposed to he's supposed to be a rabbit.
Speaker 1: Really care so much about I prefer him, no beard.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I just have a real But I actually googled why does Adam Brody? I was watching the show with the girls and it was really irritaemous, So I googled, why does Adam Brody have so much neckcair on? Nobody wants this? And it was like, well, that's probably because he had, you know, he he happens to grow a lot of hair there naturally, And I was like, that's not what I mean, Like, why didn't they clean it up? Does it bother anybody else? But I'm glad to bothers you.
Speaker 3: And I keep giving myself reasons for it to be okay, And it's just it's one thing I can't get past. And it's so weird. I keep looking at it, and you know what, it reminds me of our director, Oh, Michael Lake.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Nobody else is gonna understand that. No one, but we had a director that had ne care too.
Speaker 3: Yes, And so it's like, oh, you know, Michael's Jewish, you know Adam.
Speaker 1: Brodie's I wondered is there a reason like like that, like is it a religious thing that he's not shaving his beard? That's the question you need to ask here exactly that and then keep a clean line. Maybe, especially if you're on TV.
Speaker 3: People, we can look past a lot, but ne care you're asking a lot of your viewers.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about Donna's sexy plans.
Speaker 2: Oh, dear, I like that she's consulting the friends. Feels real, like your friends would definitely be like what do you think? And I loved Kelly being very supportive and like do you is basically what she's saying.
Speaker 1: You know that that, Yeah, did you like seeing Kelly's big belly in every scene?
Speaker 2: Keep missing it every day?
Speaker 1: Oh there's like balls in front of her now and flower arrangements.
Speaker 3: And yeah it's happening, that's happening, poppin'. But I can't look away. But if I didn't know, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: That's me knowing you so well.
Speaker 3: I can see your little chace, my baby fancy face glowing and looks it's so beautiful. But yeah, in the mall, what was the sunflower bag in front?
Speaker 1: And like so awkward?
Speaker 3: So you've gone from like the Cardigans to the Cardigans and baby doll dresses to the Cardigan's baby doll dresses, the purse in the Cardigan's baby doll dresses, the purse and now bags flowering the Cardigans.
Speaker 2: Is it the Cardigans that are going to be at the surprise.
Speaker 1: That now we know that we know Jack is throwing for Kelly.
Speaker 2: Isn't his name Bill?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, Jack? I thought dad Jack? Oh? His no, Jackie is her?
Speaker 2: Jackie's your mom?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Jackie and Bill are like colluding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that doesn't really make much sense because I think that they would be such enemies.
Speaker 2: But she seems to like she's like whatever. Yeah, she's like, I got a new dental husband.
Speaker 1: I'm good that happens. That happens. Yeah, take it from me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Donna's gonna she's got all her goods.
Speaker 2: Got white lingerie, black lingerie.
Speaker 1: Condoms are on the ready. I didn't I couldn't tell what else she had on that bed spread out.
Speaker 2: Then she has to kick the roommates out of the apartment. Why not just go to David's house that apparently he has to himself. Now, oh, oh, like you think he literally has an entire house. Yeah, like does no one live with him? I feel like he has that whole house that almost got burned down.
Speaker 3: But to his way, she can't surprise him with like setting things up if she goes to his house. Correct, true, but I forgot about that all.
Speaker 2: Remember I remember the guy who originally had that house that Kelly dated for like four seconds?
Speaker 1: Oh no, yeah, Mark, Yeah, Well I kind of loved it watching it because back in the day when we were filming it, I was like, what's the big deal? Like why she ought to go through all this well, you know, like just do it and like why do you have to make all the props and get the thing? But now watching it, I get it, like it's really important to her to do it the way she wants to do it, And it's kind of sweet to see her with this.
Speaker 3: Right like detail, like focused on the things at the end of the day don't matter. But that's kind of my personality too, as you know, like you know, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, I know, but it's really bad about you.
Speaker 3: It makes me tick and so what makes me happy And Donna is the same way.
Speaker 1: So and then they Donna and Claire go shopping for your lingerie. That was good. And then yeah, I just wanted I wanted the girls to hang out.
Speaker 2: That was cure of it. The prank is where I just start laughing.
Speaker 3: Prank lost me. I wasn't interested.
Speaker 1: Sorry, wait, you guys didn't like it. When they were like putting the setting it up in the dark, I was rolling around, and that's part like they went they went there like they didn't just half asset And it's so stupid because it's not even that big of a deal. It's just confetti thing easy. Yeah, but I know I loved the way David jumped in and into it and you know, kind of made it what he told Donna he thought maybe he had been missing all these years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then it just makes me laugh to see does he Steve like rolling around like he's in the army, I know, just.
Speaker 2: Rolling and then the golf cart pulls up with those guys putting the thing out. I love when they kind of say they put some sort of statue out or something and they're like less work tomorrow, like kind.
Speaker 1: Of another breast that you're going to have some sort of significance.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was wondering that I'm like, is that a I thought maybe it was a condor, you know, for the SeeU condors.
Speaker 1: Maybe I thought it was a Buddha And I was very confused totally.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, I was like, are they going to steal that?
Speaker 1: Like? Great?
Speaker 2: Remember when Greg Brady stole the goat?
Speaker 1: I'm bringing up Brady and I love it, you know that?
Speaker 2: And that that's we just do a Brady Bunch rewatched, just us just because.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, because I love it. It'll never go out for me.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, And maybe we just do that.
Speaker 1: At such a time in my life, sitting in front of my mom, mom and Dad's like giant square wooden TV with the TV in the inset in the wood and the knobs, I would sit like this close to it, and my mom would always say, you need a backup, that's not for your eyes, and I would just sit there and watch Brady Bunch.
Speaker 2: Can we do a poll to see if we should just do a Brady Bunch rewatch? For sure, toy, don't worry. I got ideas for you too, guys. I got ideas for you too. I got ideas for everybody. I'm worry because it's season eight, like, I gotta get thinking ahead for us.
Speaker 3: No, since I've known Jen, Brady Bunch is her jam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt like I I connected with it because I had a his hers and ours family. You know, there was no RS for them, but it was his herds. On that note, why are you laughing? Amy?
Speaker 3: There was no RS.
Speaker 1: No, there was no me in the Brady Bunch. I felt like there wasn't me, but it was probably just ticker you mean, like or Tiger? What was yeah, Tiggers.
Speaker 3: In the Winning she always referenced herself as Cindy because Marcia, what.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about?
Speaker 3: She always had that fear of Cindy freezing in THEO, which she referenced and manifested because she used to referenced it so much.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. There is no one more Marcia than you. You're Marcia. Marcia Marshall.
Speaker 1: Marshay's related to Cindy. No, I never dressed like that. But anyways, Jan always just got the short end of the stick, like just a middle child complex.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the prank.
Speaker 2: What have we not talked about? That's it?
Speaker 1: We talked about everything. Do you guys want to know some trivia?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 3: Especially really like we didn't talk about everything.
Speaker 2: Me too. I feel like we missed something. Oh we didn't talk about Claire. Bye, Claire, time to go?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Do you think is val going to get the club back from David cal Why are you asking a head? You know? I just want to know. I don't know what's going to happen at this point with her she on season whatever eight that we're moving into's Valerie, I.
Speaker 3: Am not talking to you right now. Shes stop it right now.
Speaker 1: Why now if you decided to not talk to me, Valerie is here. Yeah, I honest, honest to god, real real question.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, fair, go ahead.
Speaker 1: So I did really love Also just to point out the music at Aaron's graduation with Chris Isaac and I thought that's such a good song for that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I get all the music now. I think I feel like there's not gonna be episodes missing on Paramount, but somebody needs to check and make sure I'm right. I feel like that was the big breaking news a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I have a real question for you guys. Uh oh, they had to have spent a small fortune bringing back all of these guest characters. Would you have rathered as a viewer and a fan them invested the money and brought Jim AND's Cindy back and cut down on all of these or no, I mean, was it that much.
Speaker 1: More expensive to bring Cindy and Jim back?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, like you mean Bill and like the sister and that you guys.
Speaker 3: The only thing I could not believe that is the graduation from college and Jimmy Cindy Walsh going back to core characters. The og parents are not there.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming Jim and Cindy said no for some reason they weren't available, Like I don't feel like nine oh two and oh did not offer them their day rate.
Speaker 1: But honestly, how how unavailable could they have been? Like why wouldn't they have been?
Speaker 2: Like, of course, maybe they were on shows.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Do you think I don't know either?
Speaker 3: Do you think they were?
Speaker 1: Maybe the parting of the situation when they left wasn't good.
Speaker 3: Didn't feel good to them, guys.
Speaker 2: Obviously it wasn't good. I don't remember this being so, I don't know regulars of the show, almost the core of the show to being thank you so much? So you wont that reason you know, I don't think they would be stoked about that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know Carol went full time into being a therapist and doing and going to school and doing all that.
Speaker 1: I really didn't want to like go back. Okay, believable. Wait, I have a really important question. Is Steve's corvette silver or red?
Speaker 2: Red? Isn't it?
Speaker 1: Then? Why was he standing outside a silver corvette?
Speaker 2: But the BMW was red?
Speaker 1: I feel like his corvette.
Speaker 3: I ate a Ferrari.
Speaker 1: I see it in my mind coming in. It was red. But why would it be red like literal?
Speaker 3: That's what you're thinking of. No, No, it's not.
Speaker 1: No, it's not His car was red. Please, if you are out there.
Speaker 3: Google google it.
Speaker 2: We can google it.
Speaker 3: This says it was black?
Speaker 2: What it says?
Speaker 3: It was black?
Speaker 1: It was black and the pilot was because remember David was in it and he's all drunk, right, was black?
Speaker 2: I ate a Ferrari.
Speaker 1: It was black. It was black. I really remember it as red?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow wow. And then the other thing is did you notice Brandon was red like mine was blue before?
Speaker 3: Wasn't originally red?
Speaker 1: I've never seen him in a silver corvette.
Speaker 2: I see images of Brandon and Steve getting out of it. It must in nineteen ninety eight Chevrolet Corvette. Oh it's not nineteen ninety eight yet. Maybe that's the one that's coming.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the new car company. You know what.
Speaker 1: They did switch our cars out for there when we were there, Yes.
Speaker 3: Version of them in different colors sometimes.
Speaker 1: Which makes no sense because they couldn't get the other color. Maybe so they were like, oh, let's just go with it.
Speaker 2: One of these looks almost midnight blue.
Speaker 1: Here's another thing that really I was noted from like these things, was when Brandon and Steve were walking in the on the campus and Brandon says, if it doesn't fit, you must have quit. Yep. It was the oj Simpson trial reference.
Speaker 2: Remember they sort of have that chat about the memories and there was sort of an inappropriate like mention.
Speaker 1: Of Steve's date rape legend. Yeah, just that.
Speaker 2: I was like, me too, I feel about that. But like they were kind of like, remember we did the the the like, it was just sort of like that felt weird to me.
Speaker 1: I felt like they were going to go into flashback. I was waiting for me too, something to and then I was going to.
Speaker 3: Be bombed because I'm like, I'm really enjoying this episode. Jason's directing, and now I want to see thet time with flashbacks.
Speaker 1: They exactly. They didn't happy Brandon's tie. It's very is a fat one.
Speaker 3: It's like, no, it's very familiar to me. Was it already used in something else when nineteen twenty is a costume? No?
Speaker 1: Maybe he wears it to the night, says it to the party that we're about to go to the party the Roaring twenties.
Speaker 2: We'll excited for the party and me too.
Speaker 3: What'd you think of that satchel they gave?
Speaker 2: Was it leather?
Speaker 1: Was it engraved? Wanted to have his inniffles on it or something? Or was it just like a nylon tote?
Speaker 3: I thought it was leather. Telling me it's not.
Speaker 2: He's like, the honored students have gotten together. Now we better go for the dishonored students to get it.
Speaker 3: Was just like, oh god. And then Steve Waxman, I do like when Brandon talks about being neutral party, because we always joke how Jason in real life he'll always be like, I'm Switzerland getting really good. He doesn't take sides. He's always like he'll listen to everybody. He's always been like this as and then he's like that was a little amusing.
Speaker 2: When he's sort of like, where you're being a little bit, she goes, who asked you?
Speaker 3: I loved her reaction to him. Yeah, like almost like snarled like Adam.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, this is good. I can't wait to watch the next episode.
Speaker 2: They've made poor Claire so unlikable, it says you. I know, sorry, says me.
Speaker 1: I think we have to wait now, you guys for the second half Mary next week part two. Yep, yep, yep. It's gonna be good. And then it's the end of season seven.
Speaker 3: We did it. There's gonna be a graduation there. Wait wait, I just got it. Do you he'd lined it up here because Donna Martin graduates, like Donna Martin graduates, college graduation, Donna Martin graduates.
Speaker 1: She gives it up. I don't, I don't know, I mean thing says that's a reach.
Speaker 2: But basically watching the season eight credits, you know the intro to see is it different? Do they add anybody? But it looks just like regurgit a season six but they need to update this.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm super excited to talk about the graduation next week. Yes, and to talk about Donna losing your virginity.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be so good. I can see you on that bed right now. In my mind. You're a little neglige.
Speaker 3: All those candles are real hot.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody, have a great week.
Speaker 3: Lot you guys, Love you,